Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Voya Financial Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2020

I was worried when I had to file a claim with Voya for critical illness having read the reviews on this site as well as the BBB. To my please surprise, I put in my claim on March 16, 2020, and received a direct deposit TODAY! Maybe the issue comes to people requesting paper checks? My experience with voya was excellent! Just in time to get my medical bills paid before they can go to collections. Although, I did have to follow up on my review decision as it had exceeded 10 business days.

I followed up with customer service on Thursday April 2, 2020, the rep then told me it would be expedited and to expect a decision within 48 business hours. I just knew it was a scam when I received an email Saturday saying the funds had been paid and to wait 3 business days. I was going to give them until Friday before I followed up, but no need. The money is in fact in my account today! My advice, read the fine print, understand what is and isn't covered, this was truly a smooth process from uploading the claim online to getting payment.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I've read majority of the reviews on here and I have not experienced any issues with Voya. I called to request funds and I was told 5 to 7 business days I would receive my check. They mailed my check, which arrived within 7 business days.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I requested a partial payout of my IRA being under the age of 59 1/2. After some short disclosures and information to make the payout I was given an estimated wait of 7-10 days. I received my check in 5 business days. Well done. Some of the other reviews were not positive but my experience was entirely good.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I started out buying a life insurance policy from ING 8 years ago. After receiving my policy I had almost no contact with them. It was like pulling teeth trying to get information from them. Then Voya bought the policy from them and everything got even worse. I guess the good thing is I'm afraid to die because I don't believe they would even pay off on the policy. I figure I've paid almost 25,000 dollars in premiums in the time I've had the policy and I've had no confidence that they would pay off if I died. Kinda defeats the reason for getting life insurance.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I have been trying to correct an error that Voya has made on my account since 1/31/20 and it is now 5/20/20. 7 calls each time waited at least 1/2 hour. The people who answer phone have no knowledge to fix problem. This account was transferred by employer from Fidelity to Voya. They do not deserve even 1 star. Please, please stay away from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voya Financial?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Several attempts have been made to receive information about my annuity for the purpose of renewing my apartment lease and the company has been unhelpful each time. I cannot, and will not, suggest that anyone use them for any financial purpose. I am not a satisfied customer.

Original review: April 8, 2020

On multiple occasions, I have had erroneous blocks placed on my account which prevent withdrawals. The blocks take weeks and numerous contacts to resolve. I recently was wrongfully told that an additional signature was required on a withdrawal request, which is further delaying my request. Customer service is very slow, unresponsive and ineffective no matter the method - phone, online chat, email. Each contact adds nearly a week to any resolution. In my most recent experience, it has taken over four weeks (and counting) to process a standard withdrawal. SImply put, I cannot access the funds in my account when needed.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I have never experienced a company with so many unnecessary fees. This company is borderline scammy. Beware. I took out all my money and transferred it to Schwab and I am MUCH happier! Unfortunately, the company I work for had Voya associated the payroll company they use.... And I did not perform my usual research until I had lost 10% of my money.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I filed a claim on 2/14/20 it's 4/2/20 and I still haven't received my claim. They are doing everything to deny my claim. It's not fair when you pay for a service and can't use it. They make you feel worse for filling a claim. At this time I really need these funds to maintain my household. With the Covid19 I really need basic supplies and they holding onto my money. It's sad that a company like this would do this. I hope I get relief soon. I will not be signing up for this service again.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Have been using Voya Financial life insurance product for many years. We got a notice that the rate was going up and my wife attempted to contact them to see what could be done. They refused to talk to her and forced me to call. I spent hours trying to talk to an agent. I got transferred to multiple people and got no response to the calls. Three transfers and endless voicemail options in order to try to find out if a renewal, extension, change in policy or other options would keep the premiums at a reasonable rate. All to no avail.

Voya Financial Company Information