3.7/5 (491 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Voya Financial

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Voya Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voya Financial?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voya Financial?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Their website is awfully slow. It takes 30 seconds to load pages in the back end. It's actually painful to do anything in your account because the pages take so long to load. Their customer service consists of ignoring your preference to be emailed, and instead leaving voicemails. And of course, they don't follow up. Their process for rollovers and withdrawals is terrible. They made me call to initiate the rollover, then emailed me paperwork. Why can't I download it on your website? Why do I have to call to get a PDF? They want a letter of acceptance to carry out the rollover -- but provide no guidance in how that letter should be formatted. Getting my money out and see ya. ✌

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Nearly died of covered infectious disease and complications from infection. Paid into insurance for thirty one years, only to get the denial, appeal, stall and not pay. I question their mission statement about ethical and exemplary service. Desperate calls were met with...

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I was told my check was mailed on the 29th, then they said, it was mailed on the 4th, then the 5th, and finally, a manager (who was extremely useless) told me it was mailed on the 7th. I asked for solid confirmation, because I am tired of being lied to. He said he would call me later that evening with that information, he never did. I still haven't received my check, and at this point, I probably won't. I pity any poor soul who has to suffer the insolence of a Voya customer support person. This has been a horrible experience, and they absolutely do not care, especially if you need this check for your livelihood.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

This company is the worst. They stall and stall any withdrawal. It’s always some excuse why you cannot access your money. Do not use this company. When you start to close in on getting your funds they try another tactic. "We didn’t get your paperwork" or the timeframe has expired.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Voya Insurance will rip you completely off! They claim to have low rates on policies that are higher than average. The cancellation takes about 2 months to process. During the process they still charge you for the cancelled policies and your refund will be way less than the money they took in payments. I do not recommend doing any business with this company!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Voya recently began promoting an emergency saving connected to a member's 401k. I had been putting money into that for over a year, designated as after tax savings. I submitted a request to withdraw that money on Dec 10, 2021. That request was approved and noted in their automated system since Dec 13, 2021. The automated message said that the funds would be direct deposited on or before Dec 21, 2021. However, they couldn't manage to deposit that money early, and was not deposited on Dec 21, 2021 as promised.

I feel that they should pay me a penalty for failing to hold up their fiduciary duty to transfer my money to me. Further, when I contacted their customer service and explained the urgency and their failure to deliver as promised, they escalated my issue to a supervisor but that "someone would be in touch within 48". That puts it just before the holiday weekend and if I don't hear from them and have to recontact they'll probably make me wait an additional 48hrs which means I won't get my issue or my money resolved until next week. Why call it an emergency fund if they're going to take 2-3 weeks to give me my own money. But because they are a corporation they don't have to pay any consequences for failing to do their job in a timely manner. This abuse of customers has to stop. Voya does not deserve their #1 rating.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I am currently doing a rollover from Voya. Last Friday December 11, 2021, the process was started and all the info that was needed from myself was detained and the process started. After a half hour to 45 minutes the process between I and the voya employee was over. What was to happen next was for voya to send the email to the employer for verification and approval.

By Monday it hadn't happened so at 3:00 pm I called Voya. They said it would be Tuesday the next business day. So I relayed the message to the employer. Tuesday comes and goes and no email. So now we are no email Friday, not Monday and nothing on Tuesday. Wednesday I was not able to call in due to my availability. Thursday I called the employer and to my surprise still no email. She told me she looks many times a day waiting for the approval email, and nothing. So Thursday morning I called Voya and they said she would have it by mid day and if not to please call back. So Brenda and I waited patiently for the 4th promised email from Voya. Never happened!!!

Now it's Friday 7 days later with no email, I called in to Voya and asked to speak to a manager or someone in charge after explaining my story, The man understood and he said I was to defiantly receive a phone call, or a voicemail from a supervisor by end of business day. Guess what? NEVER HAPPENED. Now it's Saturday morning. Long story short !!! Do not use this financial institution!!!! They will LIE to you and hold and use your money as long as they can. It's nothing short of stealing!!!! AWFUL!!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My husband died of a massive heart attack and had a retirement account through his job with Voya. My financial advisor helped me in submitting the paperwork to do a rollover to my 401. To suffice it to say Voya has lied and still have yet to give me my hardworking husband's money. First said needed a certain form which my financial advisor had sent numerous times. Then finally was told check was in mail. Guess what. It never showed. I called and was told they would send it UPS and guess what it still never showed and was told they had incorrect mailing address which when I asked what address they had for me it was the correct one!

Just got off the phone with them and received the usual comments that they must train their customer service. To say, it is shameful and so dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

After submitting all the necessary paperwork including the judgement that I would be evicted Voya still denied my withdrawal. I am now homeless because of them. Please believe they do not care about anyone least of all you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

As a retired school teacher, I am shocked at the the stalling tactics that the financial corporation Voya Financial is using to avoid giving their retired clients their well-earned retirement proceeds. Voya states that their policy is to issue clients requested withdrawals within 7 days of the request. Yet, since October 19, it has been three weeks since my initial request for a partial withdrawal. And I've been given nothing but lame excuses. After researching Voya Consumer Reviews online, I'm finding that there are several other retirees with the same experience.

After my initial complaint On November 1, Voya Pension 2 manager Kaylee, stated that I would have my two withdrawals no later than Tuesday November 8. The excuse was that the third-party approving agency, Penserv, sent an incomplete application. I had to call Voya Pension 2 again to get this information. I set up a conference call with Voya and Penserv. Penserv stated they sent all 5 pages. But the agreed tone again fax Voya another copy of my withdrawal application.

Today, November 8th I called once again. I was shocked to now hear from manager Aurelio ** that now the excuse is that "the fax was BACKWARDS!" They claim they can't read the fax. These excuses are unbelievable. I made more phone calls including leaving a message to a Retirement Financial attorney to get information on a class-action lawsuit. After researching online, I found out that other retirees are having the same experience with Voya Pension 2. Can someone help us?

Take a Mortgage Quiz