3.6/5 (358 ratings)

About Voya Financial

Voya Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voya Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Voya Financial?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I stopped by employment in June 2022 with Compassus. I received a bill for Life insurance on 11/26/2022 for $598.44. I did not receive any prior notification or completed any form to continue this product. I called Voya on 11/28/2022 and requested an explanation for the bill. The response was they just send the bill. I had to request a document to end the product. "But don't worry - once you send the discontinued document - will no longer affect your credit rating". This was a policy purchased through an Employer with no follow up once my employment ended. This is a marketing tactic to send me a bill for services I did not request. The bill is a late notice as issued by ReliaStat Life Insurance Company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I've called several times over the past year and each time I call I get different instructions on accessing my account information. One employee literally laughed when I explained that I faxed the documents they requested 5 times and she couldn't tell me why my information wasn't updated.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I only need two questions I need answered and I have been unable to reach an advisor. The people that answer the phone can't answer your questions. Apparently the advisors must work from home so they leave it to you to contact them. Horrible customer service. I wanted to voice this complaint to the company but good luck figuring out how to do that. So frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I called them to get a hardship out. I explained the other house I own that the people haven't made their payments on it. I work Law Enforcement and have not been able to work as much due to being injured on the job. The lady said they will not do a hardship or any other thing to take my money out. I kept explaining the house is mine and I was helping a family out. She did not care. After she kept coming up with excuses why they won't give me my money I asked about canceling it. She said, "Well you can but we keep the money." Stay far far away from this company. Not only do they not do what they say they will to get you to sign up they lose your money. My account has been steadily losing money. Not gaining any other than what I pay.

If you sign up for it you will find out the reviews are true. I was wondering why they did not allow Google reviews for this company. They would mostly be negative reviews. I have found when you can't see any Google reviews it's because the company doesn't allow them so people can't tell their experiences. Get a Roth Ira instead.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Voya insurance company is a scam. They have a lot of delay tactics and there will be plenty of hoops to get your claims reimburse. They will do everything they can to not pay you. Their sales pitches, advertisements, and brochures is nothing like reality. In March 2022 I suffered an accident and provided medical reports and MRIs and still they denied the claims. I will be reaching out to the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. On my claim **, the claim examiner Genesis ** denied it stating it was because of an existing illness, yet the doctor's report clearly state otherwise. Also, when I called Voya, there was a representative name Susan, that rudely yelled at me for asking about my claim status. I can't believe such a company that is so unethical is allowed to operate. I regret ever signing up for this joke of insurance.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I terminated employment and have been trying to roll over my funds to another account for 3 months. Voya keeps coming up with excuses: waiting on my employer, system updates, balance discrepancies that need researched, need a consent form, balance discrepancies again, today they asked for the consent form again even though I have proof they already received it. Every time I call in, it’s a hassle and I get nowhere. I talked to them 3 times this week and each call lasted an average of 35 minutes. Their systems scare me - they often said the balance on one screen doesn’t match the balance on another screen - which is correct?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

This firm is making it incredibly difficult to roll my 401k funds over into a new employer sponsored plan. Making me fill out the forms is one obstacle, but demanding that the receiving financial institution also send a letter indicating they will be receiving it is downright stupid. It is MY MONEY, not theirs. I can request for it to go wherever I want, that is my legal right. Their tactics for obfuscating their duties as an agent are borderline fraudulent.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2022

Voya has reached out to me with a resolution that is satisfactory. The processing fee paid is being refunded, which is a positive step forward.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

If I could give Voya Financial negative stars, I absolutely would. Incompetent, uncaring, and most certainly not a good steward for my retirement funds. It's a long story, but through their poorly designed internal software system, a check that we desperately need is now floating out in the ether somewhere because they sent it to me via the USPS. No tracking information, nothing. Upon contacting their support team to see how they were going to make us whole again was a simpering, breathy, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do. Have a nice day!" If your employer uses Voya, ask them to switch to another more responsible, competent provider. If you're thinking of going with Voya, my advice is...don't. In fact, run as far and as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I opted in to Voya Financial through my well-known, reputable full-time employer at open enrollment last December to start my selections January 1, 2022... (told that no changes can be made unless a life-altering event with documentation). At the time, I chose to cover not only myself but also my spouse. Subsequently, year to date I've paid premiums every two weeks deducted out of my paycheck to total approximately $912 and counting... Remember... I cannot stop or make adjustments to the selections.. but be that as it may, one of the benefits offered was that of hospital indemnity.

Told by Voya Financial representative by phone that if at any time being admitted to a hospital, this coverage would pay $500 the first day and $200 if in ICU and $100 for any additional days confined to the hospital. Well as it so happened, my spouse suffering from Peripheral artery disease was admitted to University of Penn in Phila on or about June 4, 2022. At onset with admissions, we were informed that the deductible right off the cuff before any surgical procedure that there would be a $1000 deductible... Wow seriously? Hmm okay well at least I have this hospital indemnity coverage through Voya... right?

I was also informed by Voya that to process the claim an allowance of approximately 150 or 180 days would be allotted. Hmm okay well I kept asking my spouse to have his surgical physician complete the mandatory claim form as to also fill out two other claim forms on our part. He kept procrastinating but knowing my mannerisms and concern, I decided to make the implementation and finally got the physician to fill out what was needed... A week or so later followed up with Voya for status by phone, told that since he was not confined for a minimum of what was required... 20 hours, but rather we were at the hospital for approximately 8 hours on the scheduled date of surgery that this is not going to be approved and/or compensated. And I have a major issue with this denial as there was and has not ever been any fine print on any of their policy asset sheet/pages that stipulate this 20-hour minimum hospital stay.

Hospitals these days choose to push them out, shove them out as quickly as possible so as to free up space for more patients. It's the way it is anymore... so regardless of how they process patients my spouse did get admission and surgery for a stent/artery bypass... and not for nothing, since January 1, 2022 I have literally funded this coverage to almost a grand and they are excusing themselves? They are piece of you know what... and if any administrative employed Voya Financial person should happen to read this, trust me. You will be taken to court because you are unethical and you have officially messed with the wrong person...

I hope you pray and pray hard because I am not okay with being declined... You are well on to being sued but good.. trust me. You can either honor and pay the $500 for hospital admission, or pay the premiums for this coverage since inception... or pay all of the above and attorneys fees plus compensation for stress and undue hardship.. so ** big time you **.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

This company is just horrible. You would be better off just burning your money, as it may be more enjoyable. They make it impossible to manage your account, give you very limited options with trading, and are very shady about pricing. Plus they have horrible customer service. When you try to do an in service transfer, they will lie and tell you it can't be done just to get you to keep your money there. I don't understand how this is not fraud. Hard working people put their money here and they should be upfront about everything and give you control over your money. They are sharks preying on people. If your company invests with Voya, just say no, or at least figure out how to do a direct roll over to another company. DO NOT KEEP YOUR MONEY THERE!!!

Voya Financial Company Information