Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.70/5
Visit Website

Fortress resolves tax debts nationwide for businesses and individuals, including pennies-on-the-dollar settlements, affordable payment plans, and the elimination of penalties. We are the only significant national tax resolution firm where every case is handled personally by a licensed attorney. This ensures that our clients repay the least amount of money possible to the government, and that they receive the maximum level of protection against enforced collections, including bank levies, wage garnishments, accounts receivable levies, personal assessments, and unreasonable deadlines or demands. Call us today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, and be sure to ask about our money back guarantee.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

Extremely honest, fair and professional. Upfront with everything from the very first conversation to the resolution of my tax matters. He does what he says he will do at a fair price and very responsive and very communicative.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. response

Thank you so much for your business and for sharing about your experience working with our staff!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I interviewed several tax resolution services. Fortress provided references. My experience with Fortress and their attorney, David **, matched up with the references. David guided me through what was a very scary situation with the IRS. And what was finally negotiated was fair. This is a company that can be trusted.

Thanks you Dan!

Original review: June 18, 2019

We had a wonderful experience with this company. David & Sayward were professional, knowledgeable, helpful & kind. Our goal was to get back on track & they were able to help & guide us to do that. We would highly recommend you contacting this company should you need help. We are very pleased with everyone we dealt with here but in particular David & Sayward.

Original review: June 7, 2019

A Michelle from Fortress Financial called the company I work for several days ago. I knew it was a solicitation and asked directly if it was a solicitation. Michelle lied to me and said that it wasn't a solicitation. I asked if it was regarding tax matters and she replied in the affirmative. I then informed her that I was aware that her call, in fact, was to solicit business and asked her to put us on their "Do Not Call" List as I've been told to do by these tax resolution companies.

The reason for this negative review is because these companies, Fortress Financial included, are very aggressive with their tactics and flat out LIE and say they aren't soliciting business when they actually are. This needs to be stopped. I did record the conversation and can provide the recording if needed. Today, 6/07/19, I received another call from Fortress Financial even though I told them to put them on their Do Not Call list. I have a picture of the phone display showing they called today and recorded the conversation even though the person on the other line said nothing and just hung up on me.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. response

We apologize for the unwanted, repeat phone calls. Our policy is to stop calling anyone who doesn't wish to be called. If you provide me with your phone number, I will gladly have it blocked so that no one can call it from a Fortress line. You can also call Fortress, ask for a manager, and have your number blocked.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I contacted Fortress Financial when my small business tax liability became more than I knew how to handle. Working with David ** was the best thing that could have happened for me. Tax liabilities can literally ruin your life if left unattended by a professional that is acutely aware of the tax system. Don't be fooled by all the hype from other tax "services". Hire someone who went to law school, and specializes in tax resolution. David, and his lovely assistant Sayward, beautifully navigated my finances as well as my nerves throughout the entire process. They were able to negotiate my tax burden down from over $300k, to just $5k! If you want peace of mind in handling difficult tax situations, call Fortress Financial!

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. response

Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fortress Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had very challenges and complex tax issues. Sayward and David ** were very patient and persistent in unraveling my 5+ year tax history. They negotiated an great deal with the IRS and I am now free and clear of any liability. They were patient and compassionate. It's a liberating feeling and I am deeply grateful for their expertise and kindness. I would recommend them to everyone! Jannet

Original review: April 24, 2019

Everyone at Fortress Financial was amazing! They asked in-depth questions to determine my exact needs, dealt with the IRS on my behalf and were able to generate an AMAZING offer-in-compromise that has literally changed my life! They were always extremely prompt when answering any questions and have even checked up on me a few times after the fact. I cannot recommend them enough!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Based on my real experiences: I hired Fortress 3 years ago. It has been a slow process for them dealing with the taxation department for my debt. I was charged $3950 in the beginning according to the service agreement which was the 'bid for the work described'. However 18 months later they required an additional $3000 to continue providing service. I had to borrow that money to pay them and it got me no further along in my case. What has been accomplished is they represented me in a 'case determination' of which I was present as well, and they also submitted an Offer and Compromise. I am now 3 years with Fortress, there is contact from the taxation department for the past 2 years and the attorney I'm working with now has given up.

As a matter of fact today after reviewing my service contract I contacted him to question what's going on and he lashed out at me in a rude email telling me "if you want a quick solution just pay it off"! He said mean and inappropriate things to me including lies about 'your unrelenting and nearly weekly emails' - to which I researched my emails and I've sent him 3 emails in the last 4 months. And he said 'we have done all we can do' and 'our contract is for a service not a result'. So when you start asking the questions, this is the treatment you will get from Fortress.

You are looking at Fortress because you have a tax liability. You know how it feels to have it hanging over your head, affecting you every day, affecting your life, stopping your future in its tracks. Mine has been for 8 years, and I had hoped that Fortress would be the one to get this handled so that I can move forward in my life. I am so gravely disappointed to have spent all this money and time and still not have my case resolved. I believe they will not service my case any further as that email sounded like they were blowing me off for good. There are lots of glowing reviews on this site. I expect Fortress to respond to this review blaming me and the taxation department, and not taking any responsibility for letting this go on for so long. I want you to know all of what I have written here is true and real.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. response

Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We want all of our clients to be happy clients, and it appears that we've fallen short with you. To be clear, the "work described" in your contract was to set up an installment agreement and to abate penalties resulting from reasonable cause (see the first paragraph of your contract). We did experience delays early during the course of representation as a result of your efforts to secure a home equity line of credit. We also made a remote appearance before a tax court judge and succeeded in obtaining a continuance for an audit appeal on your behalf. Most importantly, after reviewing your financial information in depth, we offered to attempt to settle your tax debt via an Offer in Compromise which, if successful, will result in you having to repay only a fraction of your total tax debt. You agreed to this as well as the corresponding fees. These things were not a part of the "work described" in your contract with us (e.g. setting up an installment agreement). Your Offer in Compromise was prepared and submitted, and we have made repeated follow up calls in an effort to try to get a quicker response. We are simply waiting on the state of Nevada to review, respond, and hopefully approve your settlement. Your case remains open, and we have by no means given up! Even though we've spent significantly more time than that for which we have been paid, we are not requesting additional fees. We realize that Nevada has been slow to respond, and that this is frustrating. Your attorney did explain to you that there was nothing more that we could do (that we hadn't already done), but that was in the limited context of trying to get Nevada to respond more quickly. They will eventually respond, and we are as optimistic as we've ever been about reaching a very favorable settlement on your behalf. We will have a manager reach out to you within the next two business days in an effort to address your concerns and, hopefully, make you a happy client.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was seeking help with the IRS and David was my attorney with Fortress Financial. They put a freeze on what my debt was and since they were able to negotiate that, they roughly gave me a few years to pay it off. I was happy.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Before deciding on this company for my tax problems I researched and spoke to a representative. I felt very confident once I chose Fortress Financial as they are extremely knowledgeable and thorough in their explanation as to what was expected from me and what services they would provide for me regarding my tax issues.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post this review! We pride ourselves not only top-notch tax representation, but also on providing excellent customer service. We're thrilled to hear that we hit the mark with you!

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Company Information