5.0/5 (32 ratings)

About Fortress Tax Relief

Fortress resolves tax debts nationwide for businesses and individuals, including pennies-on-the-dollar settlements, affordable payment plans, and the elimination of penalties. We are the only significant national tax resolution firm where every case is handled personally by a licensed attorney. This ensures that our clients repay the least amount of money possible to the government, and that they receive the maximum level of protection against enforced collections, including bank levies, wage garnishments, accounts receivable levies, personal assessments, and unreasonable deadlines or demands. Call us today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, and be sure to ask about our money back guarantee.

Pros

• Cases handled by tax attorneys
    • Positive reputation
    • Negotiates tax burdens and settlements

Cons

• Must have $15,000+ in tax debt

Bottom Line

Fortress Financial Services solves tax issues for individuals and businesses with $15,000 or more in tax debt. The process may be lengthy, but that's typical with the IRS and Fortress staffs experts in the field while maintaining a positive reputation.

Fortress Tax Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fortress Tax Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fortress Tax Relief?

Original review: May 3, 2022

Hired the team at Fortress Tax Relief about 3-4 years ago to help me with my Tax issues, they have been so helpful in every aspect and I’m very happy I chose them. They made the process super easy and couldn’t have done it without them. Huge thanks to Jeremy and Alyssa!

Fortress Tax Relief response

Jeremy and Alyssa have loved working with you, and Fortress management is happy because you are happy. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 1, 2022

A JOB WELL DONE! There's no better way to describe how happy I am with the services provided by Fortress. Working with David ** and Sayward **, a more responsive team is hard to imagine as they spoke or emailed answers to ALL my questions in more than a timely fashion, delivered a more successful outcome and settlement than I had hoped for. All decisions were made by me after explanation and advice and there was never a written or spoken promise as to what they would deliver. Fortress's experienced staff of lawyers, accountants and paralegals always reinforced my choice of representation. Receiving a letter from the V.P of Fortress stating his availability if needed was comforting but the team I got to work with never needed the help. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. THOMAS and ROSEMARY

Fortress Tax Relief response

We are so glad to hear that our staff hit the marks on all of the things we strive to deliver to every single client: exceptional customer service, honesty, reliability, responsiveness, and an outstanding result. We are truly fortunate to have such a great staff as well as great clients like you. Thank you!

Original review: April 19, 2022

Fortress was awesome and it was great to have David ** on my team. I initially engaged another firm (a national, highly advertised company) to help me with a complex tax issue and the experience was miserable - slow/no progress, bait and switch pricing, and a lack of technical competence. I fired them. I hired Fortress Tax Relief after an extensive search and it couldn't have worked out better. Fortress did exactly what they said they would do, were completely professional, and were deeply knowledgeable on tax processes and interaction with the State. Fortress cleared my issue in a couple of months and did so at about a quarter of the cost of the projected cost of the other firm. I also saved a ton of money and got a huge monkey off my back. I would definitely go back to Fortress and specifically, David for help on delinquent tax issues.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Fortress Financial handled our negotiations with the IRS and State. We were very pleased with the results of their work and appreciated their knowledge and perseverance. We worked primarily with Karlin **. She was great to work with – she was usually available when I called or got back to me quickly, resolved our issues quickly and keep us informed. I would highly recommend Karlin and Fortress Financial.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Original review: March 14, 2022

Great company. Very patient and was able to lower our money owed. Karlin and Peter were very thorough and easy to work with. They responded quickly with emails and phone calls and always kept us up to date. I highly recommend this company!

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're delighted to hear how happy you are with our service and results. Thank you for your review!

Original review: March 4, 2022

Fortress did a really great job on two different IRS situations. I was very pleased with the outcome. Peter and Karlin were courteous and professional from start to finish. They were always available every time we called, and were able to answer our questions. Highly recommended.

Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Great company to work with. After trying to handle our situation with IRS alone it became too overwhelming and completely stressful. We decided to reach out for help and it has been the best thing we have done thus far with dealing with IRS. You can not go wrong with Joan and or Art at Fortress Tax Relief!

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're fortunate to have outstanding attorneys and support staff on our team (like Art and Joan). Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share about your experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

They are a strong company focused on delivering results for their clients. They are committed to meeting the expectations and timelines established. At a time when services can be challenging they are a high touch group who does the hard work required to create solutions.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Dealing with the IRS can be daunting, but Fortress was able to act positively on my behalf and develop a viable solution. They provided an avenue to address the tax issue we encountered that has taken immense pressure off of our shoulders. I give much credit to David ** and the staff who supported the overall efforts. Very professional organization to work with.

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're delighted to hear that we helped reduce your stress! Thank you for being a great client!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Fortress Tax Relief helped us with the IRS in having some taxes abated that were attached incorrectly to our company. They were informative, helpful and professional. They worked diligently to obtain the results we were looking for! Would highly recommend them!

Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Professional and delicate when pertaining to matters at hand. Take matters personally and show concern in helping obtain goals. Aggressive at getting the job done quickly in a professional manner. Stay in constant contact to keep you up to date.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Very responsive with highly professional service. They do as promised. Very attentive to client's needs & show true empathy for you the client. They know what they are doing. Fortress Tax gets things done efficiently & cost effective. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Fortress Tax Relief response

What you described is exactly what we aim to deliver. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

When I came to Fortress Financial, I had been told by Optima Tax that "An Offer in Compromise" was not available for me. However, Fortress assured me that I was. My case was immediately taken over by them. When one has any issue with the IRS, you need professional help. After all the IRS has thousands of pages of regulations and if you ask two different IRS agents the same questions, you will receive two different answers. Most of us "common" citizens do not have the time or the experience to deal with them. I would recommend them for they are trustworthy and professional. I was contacted by an attorney assigned for my case many times throughout my ordeal. I recommend Fortress.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Thank you for your feedback. You make a great point about the complexities of resolving a tax debt. Just because someone at the IRS tells you something, doesn't mean it's true. We're fortunate to have a staff of attorneys who know the tax collection rules like the back of their hands, and they aren't afraid to stand up to the IRS and state taxing authorities when they aren't giving our clients a fair shake. We're glad to hear how pleased you were with our services and we appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

My experience with Fortress Tax Relief exceeded my expectations. When I began this process, I didn’t know what the outcome would be. My attorney, Jeremy, and his assistants, Jenny and Alyssa, told me they would work hard for a favorable outcome, and it was. They succeeded in getting all the penalties on my debt dropped. When you work with Fortress, not only do you get an attorney on your side, but you get a highly engaging and informative support team through their assistants.

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're so glad to hear how happy you are with our services! You make a great point about our support team. To compare it to the medical field, having a great physical therapist can sometimes be almost as important as having a great doctor. We take a lot of pride in our support staff and are fortunate to have the likes of Jenny and Alyssa on our team. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I am incredibly grateful for the hard work Fortress Tax Relief did on my behalf. I owed the IRS close to $50,000 for past taxes from a failed business endeavor nearly ten years ago. The IRS had begun withholding my tax returns and was threatening to garnish my wages if I did not pay the amount in full. I had tried to resolve my tax debt in the past using a different tax relief company that I heard advertised on the Radio that took my money and went out of business soon after. I chose to use Fortress Tax Relief because they are a local company here in Bend, Oregon, and they are tax attorneys rather than CPA's. I provided them with every document they requested to represent me to the best of their abilities. Jeremy ** represented me and spoke with the IRS on my behalf, and provided me with regular updates on the status of my offer to compromise.

Fortress Tax Relief has not only proven itself to be everything they advertise, but Jeremy ** was able to get my Tax debt reduced to pennies on the dollar through an offer to compromise. My total tax bill went from almost $50,000 down to $4,800 after accepting my offer. I highly recommend using FortressTax Relief. I am incredibly pleased with the way they handled me as a client. Of course, I am thrilled with the outcome as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I worked with David at Fortress, He was very professional, and delivered on his promises on a timely manner. The company worked on my business as well as personal issues we have with IRS. Right now we are making minimum monthly payments to IRS to clear our liabilities.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Happy clients make us happy. We appreciate you!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I had to work as a 1099 contractor for years in my early 30’s. All the taxes owed, including that extra self-employment tax just kept piling up to over $100k. Artour atFortress Tax was a pleasure to work with and he greatly helped relieve my stress. He quickly got a stop put on all IRS collection efforts while he worked with them to get an affordable payment plan setup. Trying to set up a payment plan on your own with the IRS is a nightmare. Hours of calls, endless paperwork, I didn’t have time for that. I highly recommend Fortress Tax and I’m going to keep them on retainer for many years.

Fortress Tax Relief response

You're correct that setting up an AFFORDABLE installment agreement with the IRS can be a heck of a lot more difficult than it sounds, especially with certain circumstances. Thanks for being a great client!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

David and Sayward an excellent team to work with very professionals, understanding and will try to help you as much as they can with your bad tax accounts. Always good advice and will keep you informed of every step of the way.

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're fortunate to have outstanding people like David and Sayward on our team, and we're equally fortunate to have great clients like you. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Fortress Tax was a life saver for me and my family, the IRS was garnishing approximately $3500/month from my income through forced withholding. This left us with also most nothing to cover our monthly rent and bills, we were losing ground every month. I contacted Fortress Tax Relief services and was assigned to an attorney David ** and his assistant Sayward **. They worked very quickly with the IRS to reduce my monthly payments by almost 66% to $1200/month. This alleviated the pressure and hardships my family was experiencing. Both ** and ** were professional, responsive, and knowledgeable. I contacted several other tax relief services, Fortress was head and shoulders above any of the others. Without hesitation, I would recommend their services.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I have been dealing with Art and Joan of Fortress for some time and they are not only professional, but they are also very personable. I was at the point of collection action from a very aggressive IRS Revenue Officer who was basically more concerned with putting my company out of business. I was greatly relieved after Fortress filed an appeal showing that I was in compliance with current taxes and it was accepted. Very highly recommended!

Fortress Tax Relief response

Thank you! So glad we could help!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I contacted Fortress after years of dealing with the IRS on my own. They were professional, courteous and non-judgemental. Sayward and David put my mind at ease and handled my case to my satisfaction. I was kept informed of the progress, it was nice not to have to have the stressful, scary conversation with the IRS.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Owing taxes is no one's idea of a good time. We're glad to hear that we took the stress out of the process for you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I just had to write and wanted the public to know that if you’re ever in a situation with a tax debt the only firm to call on is Fortress Financial Service in Bend Oregon. I Am a Contractor in the Northeast and had serious tax problems as a result of embezzlement from a former employee, taxes weren’t being paid. A ghost corporation was formed to hide funds. It was a total mess for my company and my personal taxes were not being paid. I found Fortress on the Internet and they had all 5 star reviews. I must tell you this was the best call I’ve ever made. I couldn’t sleep at night from worrying what the IRS would do to myself and my company. Mr Peter ** and his assistant Mrs Karlin ** worked extremely hard on my case and now I am in short time in compliance with the IRS. If any individual or business needs help with their tax issues it would be to your best interest to initiate a call to this outstanding firm.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Fortress Tax Relief and all associates that handled our situation were very efficient and professional. We appreciate their quality of work and dedication towards our case. They were able to help us with exactly what we needed. The communication and completion of tasks were phenomenal. We highly recommend Fortress to anybody who needs assistance with any tax situation.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Very helpful and always professional. They were extremely helpful assisting with my Tax issue which took the stress out of the entire process. I would most definitely recommend their services. They were always willing to answer questions and keep me informed along the way.

Fortress Tax Relief response

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Ellen. We highly recommend Fortress Tax Relief. Our attorney, Peter **, was skillful and tenacious. He helped us obtain a substantial reduction to a tax situation that was initially and persistently presented as 100% non-negotiable. It was as good an outcome as one could get and we are truly appreciative. Peter and Fortress earned our trust and our gratitude.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Thank you for being a great client and for your review! Tax collectors are not always truthful when they tell people their debt is non-negotiable. That's just one more reason to have someone like Peter advocating on your behalf. We're delighted with the results, and we wish you all the best!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I do not wish to get into why you may require this type of service. Most of you are good people that got into a pickle attempting to keep your personal life moving forward and do not have the luxury of printing money when cash gets tight. I get it. I too am a good person that got into a tax issue and I sought the service of a local law firm. Big mistake! After a year and tens of thousands of dollars later, I was in the same situation. Fortress Financial reached out to me and I decided to give them a try. Best decision ever! I can not say enough good things about them. They calm your nerves and are laser focused.

I know your stress level. Raising a family, managing your time between work & family obligations. In my case, dealing with a father slowing passing away from Alzheimer's disease. I know every one of you have your personal story of how you got to this point. Do yourself a favor. Stop dreading to see the mail carrier every day and call Fortress. How good are they? In my personal case, my tax bill was high, like really high and we settled for 8% of what I owed. Yeah, that’s not a typo. So, call them today. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Fortress Tax Relief response

You make some great points. The overwhelming majority of people who fall behind with taxes are good people who encountered difficult circumstances. We are here to help people out of difficult situations, not judge them. To the contrary, we love our clients!

With few exceptions, accounting firms and law firms who do "tax" offer a VERY wide array of tax services, and only a tiny fraction of their work involves resolving tax liabilities. Since resolving tax liabilities is all our attorneys do, they often have 50 times as much experience handling tax collection cases as tax professionals who offer a broader array of services, and that is not an exaggeration. Although your experience with your local law firm is unfortunate, it is not surprising.

Our staff has sincerely enjoyed working with you, and we appreciate your review!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Tax Fortress couldn’t have been more accommodating, with my unique and ever-changing situation. I had numerous questions through my own nerves, I never felt like I was being a bother. Helpful, diligent and knowledgeable, I couldn’t have had a better legal team.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I went to Fortress with a load of IRS business debt and with the help of Peter and Karlin resolved it! They are an amazing team and great to work with! Peter was there from start to finish and available any time I had questions. Just remember these things take time, lots of time.

Fortress Tax Relief response

Thank you Tobin! We're fortunate to employ dedicated and talented professionals like Peter and Karlin, and equally fortunate to have great clients like you!

Original review: May 20, 2021

Due to my husband's health we found ourselves in a tax situation we could not resolve on our own. Each person I spoke to from the initial inquiry to the attorney himself, was compassionate, knowledgeable and understanding. What stands out the most to me is the level of communication from the attorney and his assistant. All these things gave us confidence in Fortress.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Great communication - I never had trouble reaching my attorney. I was always dealing directly with the same attorney (Art). We obtained results that are in my best interest. I am grateful for the firm's help. Thank you.

Fortress Tax Relief response

We're grateful for your business and your review!

Fortress Tax Relief Company Information

Formerly Named:
    Fortress Financial Services, Inc.
    1011 SW Emkay Drive, Suite 201