Find the Best Debt Consolidation in Sacramento, CA
Top 11 Sacramento Debt Relief Companies
|National Debt Relief||Read 44,033 Reviews|
Debt is often reduced by as much as 50%, with most cases settled in 24-48 months. Fees vary between 15-25% of enrolled debt. No upfront fees. $10,000 minimum debt required. Offers debt settlement services, not a loan provider.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (800) 437-5553|
|Freedom Debt Relief||Read 20,124 Reviews|
Specializes in debt settlement services only. Debt can be settled in 24-48 months, and fees range from 15-25%. $15,000 minimum debt required. Track progress 24-7 via online dashboard. No-risk debt-relief consultation offered.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 969-4329|
|CreditAssociates||Read 243 Reviews|
This debt settlement company helps clients eliminate debt in as little as 24-36 months. They use state-of-the-art software and a team of experts to negotiate your debt with your creditors. Settlement only, not a lender.
|Consolidated Credit Solutions||Read 1,376 Reviews|
Reduce credit card payments by up to 30-50%. Offers free online financial education webinars and three debt solutions, including debt consolidation. Specialized credit counseling available for military families.
|Accredited Debt Relief||Read 516 Reviews|
Minimum debt required is $10,000. Average debt settlement program takes 2-4 years. Multiple plans available, and no fees are required until settlement is reached. Money-back guarantee. Debt settlement only, no loans available.
|Pacific Debt Inc||Read 534 Reviews|
$10,000 minimum debt required. Low monthly program payment and no upfront fees. Service fees vary between 15 and 25% of the total debt enrolled. Most results take 24-48 months. Offers debt negotiation, but not consolidation loans.
|AW Law Group||Read Expert Review|
Practices debt settlement and bankruptcy law. Settles up to 70% of debt from credit cards, personal loans, payday loans, student loans and more. Guarantees prompt return of phone calls. Offers free consultations.
|Litchney Law Firm||Read Expert Review|
Settles debt from credit cards, medical bills, personal loans and business loans. Has assisted thousands of clients. Offers free consultations with an attorney to discuss debt relief. Works from four Sacramento-area locations.
|Liviakis Law Firm||Read Expert Review|
Offers debt relief and bankruptcy services to individuals, families and business owners. Provides a free initial consultation to discuss getting out debt without filing bankruptcy. Has a free online debt calculator.
|McCarthy Law PLC Sacramento||Read Expert Review|
Negotiates with any creditor. Offers a free consultation and financial review. Charges a flat fee and often completes settlements in six months to three years. Typically settles clients’ debts for 55 to 60 cents on the dollar.
|Sacramento Bankruptcy Lawyer||Read Expert Review|
Provides debt settlement and bankruptcy services at offices in Sacramento and Roseville, including direct contact with an attorney throughout your case. Offers free in-person or phone consultations.
How debt relief works in Sacramento, CA
Debt relief companies in Sacramento offer a variety of debt management strategies to reduce your total debt or make it easier to pay back creditors. Two of the most popular types of debt relief in Sacramento are debt settlement and debt consolidation.
- Debt settlement: Debt settlement companies negotiate with your creditors to settle your debt for a lower amount than you owe. To qualify for debt settlement, you usually need to have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt, which includes credit cards, and be behind on payments or willing to stop making payments to creditors. You also need to be able to make monthly payments into an account; after enough funds have accumulated, the debt settlement company uses the money to negotiate a settlement. The process typically six months to several years. Debt settlement companies generally charge 15% to 25% of your total debt or a percentage of the difference between your total debt and the settlement amount.
- Debt consolidation: With debt consolidation, you take out a loan to pay off your creditors and make a single monthly payment to the lender, often at a lower interest rate. To qualify for debt consolidation, you need good credit and a stable source of income to afford monthly payments. A debt consolidation loan doesn’t reduce the total amount of your debt like debt settlement does, but you often save money over time because of the lower interest rate. Debt consolidation loan terms last from two to five years. The cost of a debt settlement loan depends on the amount you’re borrowing, the interest rate, the loan term and associated fees.
Debt relief companies in Sacramento usually offer debt settlement or debt consolidation services, though some offer both. Many companies offer free consultations to go over your financial situation and discuss whether you qualify for debt settlement, a debt consolidation loan or another form of debt relief. Law firms that offer debt settlement may also assist with bankruptcy, which should only be considered as a last resort because of its long-term negative effect on your credit history.
Sacramento debt relief FAQ
- How common is debt relief in Sacramento?
- Debt relief in Sacramento is more common than you might think. Residents use debt relief companies for help with many types of unsecured debt, especially credit card debt. The average Sacramento resident has an average credit-card-debt-to-household-income ratio of more than 10%, which is higher than the state average.
- How do I know if a company in Sacramento is a scam?
- Legitimate debt relief companies do not charge you upfront or guarantee that your creditors will forgive your debts, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Avoid any company that pressures you, fails to answer questions or doesn't explain its services clearly and thoroughly. Look for businesses affiliated with organizations such as the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA).
- How long can creditors try to collect in California?
- There is generally a four-year limit for filing a lawsuit to collect a debt based on a written agreement, according to the California Office of the Attorney General. Collectors may still send notices and call to try to get you to pay if your debt is time-barred. Talk to a debt expert if you need advice on whether you’re still liable for a debt.
- How do I know if I need to declare bankruptcy?
- A qualified attorney can help you decide if you should file for bankruptcy in Sacramento. In general, bankruptcy should be considered only as a last resort — it stays on your credit report for 10 years and can affect your ability to take out a loan, buy insurance or rent a house or apartment.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Sacramento debt relief company information
McCarthy Law PLC helps clients across the U.S. settle debt with any creditor, usually for 55 to 60 cents on the dollar. Start with a free consultation, where you meet with an experienced debt negotiation lawyer to go over your financial situation. McCarthy Law PLC matches prices from other debt settlement companies and completes cases in six months to three years.
- Address: Serves Sacramento residents
- Phone: (855) 976-5777
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 6pm
- Website: mccarthylawyer.com/our-locations/california/sacramento
Sacramento Bankruptcy Lawyer's clients work directly with bankruptcy attorney Pauldeep Bains, who can assist with debt settlement and Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies. The firm offers a free in-person or phone consultation to go over your case and make a debt relief recommendation.
- Address: 180 Promenade Circle, Ste. 300, Sacramento, CA 95834; Multiple locations
- Phone: (916) 800-7690
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: norcalbkattorney.com/services/debt-settlement
Liviakis Law Firm provides debt settlement and bankruptcy services to individuals, families and business owners. It offers a free debt relief consultation and analysis to explain how to get out of debt without filing bankruptcy. Call Liviakis Law Firm or fill out a form on its website to schedule an appointment.
- Address: 2377 Gold Meadow Way, Ste. 100, Gold River, CA 95670
- Phone: (916) 459-2364
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: liviakislaw.com/chapter-13-bankruptcy/debt-settlement
Litchney Law Firm’s debt negotiation attorneys assist with settling debt from credit cards, medical bills, unsecured loans and business loans. The firm has helped thousands of individuals and businesses with debt settlement and bankruptcy. It offers free initial consultations with an attorney. It has offices located in Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom and Roseville.
- Address: 777 Campus Commons Road, Ste. 200, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Phone: (916) 235-6970
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: litchneylaw.com/credit-card-debt-sacramento-debt-negotiation
AW Law Group’s attorneys have decades of combined experience in practice areas that include debt settlement and bankruptcy. The firm saves clients up to 70% of debt from credit cards, personal loans, lines of credit, payday loans, student loans and more. Call or email for a free consultation.
- Address: 7777 Greenback Lane, Ste. 212, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- Phone: (916) 728-1500
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: awlawgroup.com/debt-settlement