Learn More

2. Tax Relief

4.6/5 (74 ratings)

About Community Tax

Community Tax strives to provide each customer with the most efficient and affordable resolution given their individual situation and tax needs. Over the years, the company has helped more than 100,000 customers deal with the IRS and/or state taxing authorities on matters ranging from resolving back tax debt and preparing unfiled tax returns to assisting with ongoing bookkeeping and accounting services.

Pros

• Available in all 50 states
    • Impressive staff credentials
    • Free consultation

Cons

• Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Community tax is a full-service tax company providing a wide spectrum of services, from tax prep to tax relief for individuals with $10,000 or more in tax debt. They staff enrolled agents licensed by the U.S. Department of Treasury.

Community Tax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Tax?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Tax?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Very happy with the results of my case, thank you Comunity Tax for taking my case. Special thanks to; Dan ** and David **. I will recommend to friends and family members if they need their services, since my result were what I expected from them.

Julian,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I have been with Community Tax for many years now. They helped me when I got into some tax troubles about 9 years back and I couldn't pay what I owed at the time. I made the mistake of getting paid under the table while receiving unemployment many years ago. Because of my work situation at the time I could not pay what I owed, so I was luckily put on an economic hardship type plan. It worked for me even though I was trying to make more money year after year. The resolution allowed for me to be sheltered with my low income until either I was able to pay what I owed in full or it expired after ten years.

Unfortunately the year before it was set to expire 2019, the year before the pandemic, I made well over six figures in income which caused the IRS to cancel my agreement and I became liable for the entire amount I was in a resolution for- interest had accrued and it was a big amount. Well luckily they worked with me again and got me into another plan that works. They made me feel at ease and help lower my stress levels. Luckily, I only have a few more months of paying a monthly amount as is part of my agreement, before this entire thing in behind me. Also, I am still using them to file my taxes every year and actually have them on a month to month contract. I will continue to use them past this day and am thankful to Luisa ** and everyone else at Community Tax. I recommend them to everyone who tells me they have tax problems they need help with. I am a happy customer.

Ernest,

Thank you so much for your great review! Every taxpayer's circumstances are different and we are happy we could place you in a resolution that fit your current life situation.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Community Tax Saved the day! They worked with the IRS to come to a resolution quickly and responsibly! They stayed in touch until a resolution was met with the IRS. Everyone at Community Tax was Customer friendly and courteous! I would recommend them to ANYONE!!

Samuel,

Thank you for your rating and review! We are very happy we could assist you with your IRS issues.

Community Tax

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

They helped me take care of my income tax and I already finished everything. The rep was real polite and helpful. I would recommend them to whoever I have that need for their income tax to be fixed.

Elva,

Thank you for your review and kind words. We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues.

Community Tax

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I was very concerned about my taxes..Ms. Erica did a great job explaining all she wanted me to do. As it went along, it was getting a little easier. Ms. Erica was the one that got me through this problem. Thank you Ms. Erica.

Florence,

Thank you so much for your review. We will pass along your comments to Erica and her team! Thank you again and we are happy we could relieve your concerns.

Community Tax

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The process took a lot longer than I anticipated. It was almost two years but I get it. Occasionally, as they were going forward, they had to contact me and get some additional information. I got them whatever they needed each time and they kept in contact with me pretty good. Everybody that I dealt with was super nice and knowledgeable on whatever I needed to know.

James,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry it took longer than you hoped. But we are happy we could get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Community Tax

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

At first, one of the people helping me failed to inform me about a couple of things and that set me back a few months in my process. I thought I had already submitted enough information. He told me he needed such and such information to be able to proceed and finalize my case. I also thought I had sent all the info needed, but it turned out that I hadn't. The gentleman reached out to me weeks after, asking for that information, and I wasn't aware that he needed that. He just failed to properly inform me of what I needed. He was waiting, and I didn't know he was waiting, was what prolonged the process.

Then I asked to have someone else help me and that person was great. Sometimes, he would take a couple of days longer than I would have liked to respond, but when he would, he was always very thorough and helpful. If only they could summarize all the points that we talked about and be more thorough as to what was going on, step by step, that would have helped. It is a service and it is something I’m paying for. But I understand too, though, a lot of that’s kind of on me to keep track of.

Edgar,

Thank you for your review and honesty. I strive to have every client taken care of with great customer service. It is a total team effort. If there is ever anything you have questions about in the future or need assistance with, we will be here for you, just reach out.

Community Tax

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

My husband was in deep with past due taxes and Community Tax service representatives were able to relieve the tax burden we had. In a most recent call, the IRS was sending letters that his account and property were going to be levy. Although he has no property we were still concern. Brian was able to hear our concerns out and he immediately took action. I am very please with their service.

Eunice,

Thank you for your review. We are happy we could assist and put your fears to rest!

Community Tax

Original review: July 27, 2021

To be quite honest I thought our experience with Community Tax was going to be horrible because the first person assigned to our account ended up quitting or getting first but when Miss. Erica ** took over our account she did an outstanding job. We are trying to purchase a home and she was able to get me what I needed in order to keep the ball rolling. Thank you so much Erica. You are amazing!!!

Community Tax response

Hey Danielle, thank you for your kind words! We will be certain to pass your praise along to Erica. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 26, 2021

We were hit with an unfair tax burden and I thought that Community Tax would be able to help us lower it. The enrollment process was easy but it fell into a nine-month delay. There were lots of excuses and we got handed off to about three separate representatives. Then, it seemed like you're not working with the person that's handling your case very much. I wasn’t pleased with it, especially since we effectively paid the money upfront. We just now got it resolved starting back in November. Our first payment is due and it’s coming out this August. The entire process was not handled very well and, in the end, they didn't lower the tax at all. They just acted as the negotiating party to set the terms.

Community Tax should improve on their communication process. I was the one who was reaching out every few months for updates and sometimes, I got decent updates and sometimes not. I would not recommend them to any friends or family. They did not do anything for us and we didn't have any choice but to take the settlement that they have set up for us because it had taken so long.

Loyd,

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately we cannot always "lower" debt owed and sometimes it is just a matter of making sure a taxpayer is protected from aggressive actions from the IRS, each taxpayer has a different set of circumstances. However, in your case we were able to lower your debt by over $2,500 with a removal of already assessed penalties. The reduction more that covered the fees you paid to us.

As a negotiating team, we will put our skills up against anyone when it comes to holding the IRS accountable to our clients and negotiating the utmost we can do within the laws. We do apologize for the number of people who you dealt with as we assign a team of people to each case. This should have been made clearer to you. We also, appreciate your comments on contact issues as it is something we will definitely address.

Thank you again for your review and helpful insights.

Community Tax Company Information