Community Tax Reviews

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Larson Tax Relief

Larson Tax Relief Reviews

About Community Tax

Founded in 2010, Community Tax is a tax resolution company that offers tax resolution, tax preparation and accounting services across the nation. It uses tax practitioners and certified public accountants (CPAs) to represent clients in front of the IRS. Potential clients can request a free consultation before beginning the process.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • 100% money-back guarantee
    • Spanish available
    Cons
    • Not all service prices published

Community Tax Reviews

Stars Rating

• 18%
    • 8%
    • 0%
    • 0%
    • 74%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Tax?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Tax?

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2021

I've been very well satisfied with what they've done. Everything they sent me was needed. Everything was concise, very legible, and understanding of the legalities. There was no pressure on anything at all. Dimitria has followed up with everything and guided me through things. If I asked her a question and if she could not answer it, she had an answer for me the next time. There were some things I didn't quite understand and she put it in layman's terms to me. So I appreciated everything. She was phenomenal. She listened to everything that I had and consoled me sometimes when I was down and out. Anything that came up, she notified me as soon as it got to her desk. From the last time I spoke with her, it was nothing but a pleasant experience.

I was scared to death when I first called Community Tax. But the rep that I talked to reassured me they would do everything he could to get a solution to my situation. They did that. They were extremely generous. They charged me a fee, which was very, very fair. So, everything from the time I spoke with them to right now, I have nothing but the highest praise for them. I've told my friends if anybody in their family has anything to do with some financial, please call Community Tax. They made my Christmas. My debt's paid off, and I got a new lease. Dimitria even followed up after that and asked me how I was doing. She's always followed up with clients just to see how they weather the storm. So from A to Z, Community Tax is top drawer. In this crazy day and age, when everybody's looking at bottom line, they were looking to help me out and rectify the situation that I was in.

John,
      Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy we could assist you!

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2021

I had a good experience with Community Tax. The process took longer than I thought it should but the end result was okay. I had to provide a lot of data, but then it sat for a long time. They changed the people I was working with because it took long but all in all, it seems to have been okay. I had an issue with the IRS and that's behind me. So, it improved my life. I'd call Community Tax again if I had an issue.

Howard,

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2021

I was in a situation where I owed the IRS roughly $140K due to my inability to pay taxes during several of the past years. I had tried bankruptcy and could not even make the payments required for a Ch.13 BK. As a last ditch effort I asked Community Tax to help me work out some sort of payment plan with the government. Though the government was incredibly slow in dealing with your request, I was finally granted a monthly payment I could handle. As many times as I called Courtney to see what was holding things up, she was always able to calm me down and reassure me that everything possible was being done. Thank you for that peace of mind!

Dr. Kenneth,
      Thank you very much for your rating and review! We are happy we could assist you.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

Community Tax is awesome!!! They worked with me with paying them according to what I could afford. They asked me for the documents they needed and gave me enough time to get them… That’s all I had to do. They did the rest!!!!

Christopher,
      Thank you for your rating and review!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

My experience was nothing short of amazing. The professionalism, communication, and attention to detail displayed by Vayda was well worth the cost of services. I would recommend Community Tax to any individual or business looking to partner with the best.

Devin,
      Thank you for your rating and review! We will pass along your comments to your team.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

The enrollment process was efficient and dealing with the reps was great. Community Tax took care of all my sister's taxes. Working with them was helpful. It straightened out a lot of stuff. If someone needs help, they’re the ones to go to.

Peter,
      Thank you for your rating and review! We are happy we could assist your sister.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021

The process of first communicating with Community Tax before one becomes a customer was amazing. They got right back to me. They called, emailed, and texted me. If I had any questions, they give an answer down to the minute. But once they got that money, I was bounced around from person to person. I could never get ahold of anyone. Every time I needed something, I had to send horrible emails. I also had to ask for a manager. And I had to escalate it every single time, even if I just wanted a copy of my paperwork. It was horrible and so expensive. I thought it would be all files and paperwork, 1,000 bucks. It was over five grand.

In nine months, I must have worked with five representatives that are directly assigned to me. It was staggering. And they didn't get back to me. It was like pulling teeth to get any kind of information or update. It was like they didn’t care. The company didn't care. It seems all these tax resolution companies are weird. They're odd and shady companies. The more you get involved with one, you find out they charge an enormous amount of money. And the only thing they do is just call the IRS for you so you don't have to. They don't provide a legit service. Or maybe they are all hanging on by a thread. I just went into this thing with a fear of the IRS and I thought they would give me a hard time. Come to find out, if you call the IRS and willing to work with them, they are more than willing to make all kinds of accommodations for you. So, Community Tax didn't do anything special for me.

Also, the turnover rate at their company is so high. They must hire people to handle cases and pay them low. If you run a company and if you had people working with people and being just the middleman between the private individual and the IRS, you give them a script of what to say and do. And if you don't like them, you just get rid of them. A new person comes in.

Joseph,
      We appreciate your comments. We will review your case and reach out to you to discuss the issues you raised.

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

I called Community Tax and they said, "Well, let us look into it and we'll get back to you." I didn't have to pay anything, and when they came back, they said, "Okay. Well, here's what we can do. For $3,500, we can probably make this go away." That was very helpful. It was a bit of relief and they had a good payment plan. Community Tax worked with me. If something happened that I couldn't make it, they would take half of it and move the other half to the end. There are a few things on there that were squirrelly because what I understood to be the plan was, "Okay, well, you pay half of it, a minimum of half of whatever your payment is, or two-thirds." Because one time, I was like, "What? That doesn't make any sense because the first time, it was like two-thirds." Then, "If I had two-thirds, I have the third-third and I wouldn't have to worry about this."

But I understood we would stack that at the end so I would have a couple of more months. So, if I missed two months, it would have been an understanding of, "Well, I would have one more month at the end because two halves are a whole and that would have been fine." "No, it stacked as a balloon payment." So, they worked with me to fix that, but not explaining that, "Okay, this is all going to stack on to your last month. So, it won't be $300. It's gonna be $500 or $800 or whatever it is." I said, "Oh, no, no, no. That's not gonna work."

One thing that was a bother was my agent changed six times. The one guy got promoted, the rest of them I have no idea what happened. But every time I would call, I would end up with somebody different. That was a little frustrating. When I first got started, which was with my first person with them, it was a deal of, "Hey, can you send us all this paperwork?" "Well, I've been gone. I don't have any of this paperwork. However, I signed power of attorney over to you, so you can get the paperwork." So, that was a little annoying. The whole reason why I had them is so they can track this stuff down and take care of it. That's why I was paying the big bucks.

When I was an engineer before, 3,500 bucks would have been, "Okay, hang on. I'll give that to you next week." But being in the situation I was in and even still in because I'm not getting the same type of work I used to, I'm working for 40,000 where I used to work for 120,000. So, that's a significant difference. So, $3,000-some is a big deal. I expected a bit more work out of them initially of, "Hey, we're gonna send you this paper. Sign it so we can get everything we need." "Okay, let me do that." That would have been a lot better.

For the years that I was gone, and the two years that I came back and filed as a non-filer, the IRS sent me a check for 2,500 bucks, which was awesome, and they put it as a past tax refund. I tried to call them and find out where it came from, they said, "It was just your refund." I said, "Okay. I don't know what the refund for, but I'll take it." So, I'm assuming that Community Tax did that and I'm sure the IRS does nothing out of the goodness of their heart because I don't think they have one.

I appreciate what Community Tax did. I've paid the same amount I would have paid back originally, which is acceptable. The only thing that I wish I would have known before I made an arrangement is that my bill would have fallen off anyway because the way the tax law is still written, after 10 years, and if I haven't been able to pay anything on it, it's voided out anyway. So, I could have gotten away with not paying the IRS anything. So, the IRS still didn't get any money, but Community Tax got the same amount that I would have paid the IRS. And it all would have disappeared at the end of the month anyway. But Community Tax filed the paperwork to make sure that was all done right. So, it all in all turned out to be a good thing. They did good for me and they helped.

Randall,

Thank you for your rating and review.

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2021

The experience with Community Tax did not go very well because it seems like every week, I was changing representatives because I couldn't get people to call me back or respond to emails or follow back up on. So, I wasn't very happy about that. I had to call a 1-800 number and go to somebody higher within the company to find out who was gonna call me. Then maybe a week later, they would find out and tell me who would be my new representative. They should be more personal and have people call me back.

I don't have payments right now. I paid all in full at the very beginning and right now, the IRS owes me. But I haven't received the money that I'm supposed to, so it's not resolved. My taxes were amended and it was found that the IRS owes me. So, I was told that in three to six months, the IRS would be paying me. It's been over six months now. With these difficult times, I'm getting very anxious because I need the money and I'm waiting on the IRS. I would like to know if Community Tax is gonna follow up back with the IRS.

Kimberly,
      We appreciate your comments. We strive to make every client's experience a good one and as easy as possible. I think you will agree, once your team was stabilized over the last few months of your case things went smoothly and we were able to achieve the results we all hoped for. Thank you for expressing you concerns and we will certainly take them to heart for the future.

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

I love my experience with Community Tax. 500 something a month is a lot to pay but they cut it down to almost half. My rep, Christine, was very helpful. She went out of her way when this was taken over from Liberty Tax to Community Tax. I didn't have to submit any more of my financial information. Community Tax gathered it from Liberty. Christine was trying to cut me some slack, which I appreciated a lot. She even offered services for me to have my taxes done through Community for next year. Liberty did not offer me that.

Deborah,
      Thank you for your rating and review!!

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2021

We were very satisfied with their service and extremely happy with the outcome! I would definitely recommend Community Tax to a friend. We were updated throughout the entire process. Updates came by email and personal phone calls. Not overwhelming at all. You can rest while they handle the work with the IRS.

Pamela,

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2021

I had tax issues spanning a few years and contacted Community Tax for a consultation. I elected to have them help me with my tax situation and I am relieved and satisfied with their services. My representative Demetria ** was compassionate, professional, and thorough. Demitria represents all the positive aspects of working with Community Tax to resolve your tax problems. Thank you, Demetria!

Karen,
      Thank you for your great review and rating! We will let your team know about your comments.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2021

Everything was done over the phone. All the agents that I dealt with were very friendly and willing to take the time to explain stuff to me that I didn't understand. They all kept me up to date. Emails were sent to me. Even though I had different reps, they all were knowledgeable of my case and they took it completely out of my hands as far as not me having to deal with our IRS.

Dana,
      Thank you very much for your review and rating!

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2021

I had a junior advocate and she was very accommodating when I needed to talk to her. It was a long process which took almost a year, but that's to be expected. And I'm just glad it's all over with and everything is settled.

Debbie,
      Thank you for your rating and review!

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2021

The reps at Community Tax were a little rough in the beginning and a little matter of fact because this is new. I didn’t like how it first started but I was being patient. I had a lot of questions and all of them were answered but this was a lot of money. A lot of things were being worked on and I felt like it was taking a long time because of COVID. I always felt like I was bugging them. I didn't like that at first and I brought it to their attention. I had Chris in the beginning and some other person that never responded to me. They never responded when I got transferred to them. I responded three more times and finally, Chloe reached out to me and she was very good. The process took 11 months and we were able to avoid the lien on the house but I didn’t get a discount. I’m doing more of a payment plan. The resolution was not to my liking but it was good enough.

Delrik,
      Thank you for you honest evaluation and rating.

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2021

Overall I can say that my experience with Community Tax was very good! Everyone on my team was very professional and they seemed very genuine in helping me get a resolution to my tax problem. Especially Stephanie, she was amazing! Thank you so much guys!

Donnay,
      Thank you for your rating and review. We will pass along your comments to your team.

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2021

Community Tax is a good company to deal with because if I have any questions or any information I need from previous tax purposes, they are always there Johnny-on-the-spot. They either answer the call or if they didn't have the answer at the time, they get back to me with the answer. I would recommend them.

Alfred,

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2021

When I talked to the gentleman from Community Tax, it seemed like a really good idea. They wanted to charge me $2,500 for help and I did agree to that. They still hadn't resolved anything, but my situation changed. Then they wanna charge me another $3,000 to do the same job they were already paid to do. I got hurt at work and my income changed. They said that because my situation had changed, it was going to cost $3,000 because they have to file all kinds of different stuff. They were saying that they had done a lot of stuff in the background. I never saw any of it but they had said that they could get me on a payment plan. That was well over what I could even afford.

I deal with them solely through phone calls and email because they're in a state halfway across the country. They don't sit and say, “Well, okay, what can you afford? And we'll see what we can work on.” It's, “This is what your payment’s going to be.” At first, I felt comfortable working with them. I know they have to charge for their services, and I completely understood that. Beyond $2,500, they got me with a finance company. So, I would just pay payments to the finance company for that $2,500. When my situation changed, they assisted by saying, “We can get you into this other program, but it's going to cost $3,000 to do it.” I don't think anyone should have to pay an extra $3,000 just because their situation changed. If you already paid for them to do the work, then shouldn't it just be the work being done? All they had to do was change directions. I'm still paying the loan on the original 2,500. Now, I'm paying Community Tax every month too.

Dyanne,
      We appreciate your comments and will be reviewing your case in detail and reaching out to you to discuss everything.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

I did a google on tax, then I did the reviews and found that Community Tax had some good reviews. When I had a conversation with them the first time, they were super responsive. They were very goal-oriented in order to take care of their client and the rep, Courtney, did a superb job. They told me that the timeframe would be dependent on the information I gave, then we got down to the nitty-gritty of what the IRS was willing to accept. I had to add a caveat of my living and working situations and as soon as they heard that I would have the inability to repay anyone in the fourth year, they came out with a very positive result. In other words, I didn't have to pay any tax. It was excellent and I was very happy.

Initially, I looked for what they would propose as a potential end result and anytime they needed information, I supplied it. And at times, the results would change. Until at the very end, it came through perfectly. I would also suggest that if an individual is seeking Community Tax, he should first say that he's looking to cut his tax bill to zero. It was my fault for not saying that in the beginning, but they took care of it.

Eric,
      Thank you for your rating and review! We are happy we could assist you. We will let your team know about your comments.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

I went into this with so much anxiety and stress but during the process of working with Community Tax all of my stresses were relieved. They did an exceptional job in serving me. Got the job done in a timely manner with professionalism.

Nicole,

Thank you for your great review and rating! We are very happy to have had the opportunity to assist you.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

Community Tax had a good rating and good reviews. Their process was really easy and I was pleased with it. Every time I was texting them, they texted me back within an hour or gave me a call. So, I didn't have any problem. They were also able to work with me on everything and since we used their service, we don't have that stress of the IRS coming after us.

Debra,
      Thank you for you review and rating! We will pass along your comments to your team!

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

Community Tax did an impressive work on my case! Their representatives were all kind, courteous and attentive. My case matter to them as much as it did to me. Not once did I speak to someone who was dismissive or uninterested in my case. And it shows with the error they found in my 2012 tax return that gave me a $16K credit toward my over all balance due. Thank you Community Tax and all representatives that worked on my case.

Monica,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are so happy we could assist you with your tax issues!

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2021

She was responsive, answered all my questions. She did everything I needed to get this done. I don’t know what else to say. She did a great job and was very professional. I would recommend Community Tax to anybody after my experience.

Gary

Gary,

Thank you for your rating and review! Will will pass along your comments to your team!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2021

I turned to Community Tax on the advice of my accountant after unexpectedly getting hit with capital gains taxes by the IRS. I'm very satisfied with the services provided by Community Tax and especially my latest case advocate, Courtney **.

James,

Thank you for your review and rating! We will pass along your comments to your team and Courtney.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2021

Great experience with the company. Kept up to date and they work quickly getting things resolved. Courtney ** has been wonderful to work with. She has kept me informed on all matters of my case and makes me feel more than a customer.

Jerren,

Thank you for your review and rating! We will pass along your comments to your team.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2021

I've been with Community Tax for several years. I dealt with them and they took care of me. However, my situation changed recently, so I had to reach back out to them. I spoke to somebody and they reached back out to me and I was good to go. At first, I was nervous. You know how it is when you work with the big boys. Somebody could tell me something, then the IRS sends a letter and I would think I've been screwed. But everything Community Tax told me so far has been the gospel.

The rep was very cordial, explained everything to me in detail and walked me through the process of what the possibilities are. They also said to not be disappointed but they would push for it, and they did and I got it. Every direction I wanted to turn, it has worked for me. They are resolving my case. They stayed in contact with me communication-wise. They either answered my questions right there or they had someone else call me that had the answer. I wasn't happy with the payment but I could afford it. They got me not everything I wanted, but at the end I'm happy.

Clifford,
      Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy to have assisted you.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2021

I got a call from one of Community Tax's reps and she said that she could help me. She seemed nice and was very knowledgeable. Trying to get everything together took a few months. I didn't realize it would be that long. I figured I had to stop and think, "Wait a minute. This is the IRS we're talking about, so I think it's gonna be a long process." I dealt with the IRS in the past and it was not an easy thing to do, especially if I'm just a citizen trying to try to talk with these people sometimes. I wasn't professional, so I figured it's time to get professionals involved. They could push it. They could do something rather than me. Community Tax gave me feedback from time to time about what was going on with the case. It's done and I was happy with the outcome.

Derek,
      Thank you for your great review and rating! We are happy we could assist you.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2021

Community Tax was able to enlighten me on the things I did not know. They helped me immensely. Also, they called me to update me on what's going on in the process, where I am, what's coming next. I like that.

Carlyle,

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2021

I never would have believed the IRS would reduce my debt by tens of thousands of dollars. Thank you so much Community Tax and especially Daniel **, who patiently answered all of my questions and worked with me to put this stressful situation to rest. I am forever thankful!

Cindy,

Thank you so much for your review and rating! We are happy to have been able to assist you and relieve your stress!

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

I highly recommend Community Tax team to anyone who is experiencing difficulties filing back taxes or is currently fighting IRS debt. They helped me greatly and got me caught up from the last 10 years of tax related issues. Everyone here is a huge help, especially Erica **, Senior Case Advocate! She stayed on top of my case and communicated clearly, professionally, and didn’t waste any time. Her and her team were able to handle everything that needed to be done. They allowed me to make bi-weekly payments out of my paychecks until the payment was complete. It took about a year but IRS accepted my hardship and wiped my debt clean. Thank you Erica and everyone at community tax for getting my life back. - Joseph **.

Joseph,

Thank you very much for your great rating and review! We are happy we could assist you!

Customer ServicePriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

I called them over the phone and spoke with one of their reps. She explained everything to me and had me send some information for me to get an idea of what it would cost and how long it would take. The cost was steep up there, but that's pretty much what you have to expect. With the pandemic going on, they cleared everything up quicker than I thought it would be cleared up. With the IRS being shut down, not doing anything because the country was shut down, I thought it would be another year. But thank God it didn't take that long.

I also haven't had any issues paying them. I only owe them one or two more payments. They were always responsive. If there was something I didn't understand, they would explain it to me. I would call them sometimes about a letter that I received and they would be, "Don't worry about that letter." I had reassurance from them and I didn't expect that. I would highly recommend Community Tax.

Patricia,

Thank you for your great review and rating! We are happy we could assist you!

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2021

Erica has been very professional and I feel confident knowing that she has been dealing with my case. I trust her and know she will correct the mistakes of my former accountant. She has explained the process well and I know she'll continue to represent me. Thank you.

Richard,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy you have the confidence in our team as the professionals that will alleviate your tax issues.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

I was very skeptical at first but Community Tax exceeded my expectations. I am very pleased with the outcome of doing business with these people. Would definitely do business again. Thank you Community Tax. Reduced my taxes owed to half of what I started at and reduced payment by over fifty percent.

Greg,
      Thank you for your review and rating!

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Always very communicative, always gets back to you. She makes sure to answer all your questions, and if she doesn’t know the answer she finds it and gets back to you. She had made this experience a lot easier than expected.

Melissa,
      Thank you for your rating and review! We will pass your review along to your case advocate.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Erica and her team helped me get rid of my IRS problem. She was polite, professional, calm and helpful the entire time. She helped me understand what was going on, she was clear and concise. She seemed like she really cared about my problem and she made me trust her. Thank you, Erica.

Khineesha,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy Erica was so helpful for you.

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2021

Best way to describe is a sense of calmness, they always call with updates even when people change on my case, Libime ** has not stopped updating me while I was traveling. I truly appreciate the way he doesn’t stop and the way he treats me.

Tony,

Thank you so much for your review and rating! We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues.

Transparency

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Daniel ** of Community Tax helped me sort through the disaster of my tax situation, find ways to lower my tax debt and help set things right with the IRS. Daniel’s attention and care, his clear explanations gave me confidence in the process. Thank you!!!

William,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues.

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2021

They fixed everything. They did a good job. Now I got a settlement with the IRS and I'm gonna be paying $25 a month until 2022 until that would expire. I will recommend Community Tax with my eyes closed.

Ramon,

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021

I couldn’t be more pleased with the service provided to me by Libime **. He went above and beyond to ensure that everything was prepared promptly and efficiently. His knowledge and courtesy were second to none. I paid a lot for this service and knowing that Mr ** had my back throughout the whole process was very refreshing. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome, and would recommend that Libime ** handle your case. You will not be disappointed!

Chris,

Thank you for your review and rating. We have happy we could assist you!

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2021

My representative, Paula, has been absolutely gorgeous, and I've been really happy with the service and glad Community Tax decided to help me. I'm disabled now and I only get 1,000 a month. They agreed to take 100 out a month, so that was a great help. They've gotten me almost out of debt with the IRS. I won't have to deal with them any more and that's a great relief.

Randy,

Thank you for the review and rating! We are happy we could assist with your tax burden and relieve you of it hanging over your head.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2021

Community Tax was the cheapest out of all the other people that I talked to. They explained everything, too. They answered all my questions when I called, and I had a list of questions I had that I needed answered before I made a decision. I wasn't sure if this was the right road to go, but it turned out to be the better decision because I went through a few people and I ended up choosing Community Tax. As of right now, my debt has been eliminated. So, it worked. That was like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I've had this debt for over maybe 10 years now. I've been going back and forth with the IRS. Community Tax did a great job.

Kenya,

Thank you for your review and rating. We are happy we could finally put everything to rest for you with your tax situation!

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2021

From the very start with Community Tax has been very pleasant. The Team that worked with always returned calls and answered all my concerns. And big thank you to Erika. She is very professional and always a pleasant to work with her.

Dian,

Thank you for your rating and review of our services. We are happy we could resolve your tax issues!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2021

Community Tax helped me out. Those people always answer my calls. If I couldn’t find my case manager or my case worker, I will leave a message for her and she will call me right back. They directed me through the process and I negotiated, myself, the state of Illinois taxes. I made a payment plan, paid that, and everything worked fine. Then they negotiated with IRS, and they got down my bill a lot. I’m happy. The price was very reasonable and it was on installment so it couldn't be better. I could have done it myself, or if I would have hired a private person to do that, it would have cost a lot of money.

The other thing is they have Spanish people and even they have offices in Puerto Rico. I couldn’t believe that some people were calling from there. Then I went to take documents to the one in downtown Chicago. They said that they have a big building there, they got tons of people, and it was quick, in and out. I have sent some people there, and I tell them that they can trust Community Tax to work with them and that they will help them like they helped us.

William,

Thank you for your rating and review! We are happy we could assist with your tax issues and resolve them in such a great manner!

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2021

Due to hardships of Covid I was unable to reach the IRS, Community Tax was able to get a resolution, frame out the process and stay in touch until the finial resolution letter came from the IRS. They can a trusted resource. Daniel ** was both professional and compassion filled.

Pinned

Thank you for your review and rating Kurt! We are so happy we could assist you with your tax issues.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2021

I must admit that I was having the worst experience with your company, until Daniel ** was assigned to my case. I feel that Daniel ** should be considered for a promotion. This gentleman really cares, about helping your customers. Thank you.

Genaro,

Thank you for your review and rating! We will pass along your review to Daniel as well.

PriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2021

Community Tax's message over the radio was clear. They said there would be friendly people ready to help out. The enrollment process was easy because I choose my native language that is Spanish. I talked with the rep Ruiz and he was very friendly and helpful. When I first heard his voice, I trusted him and that was key. That was the best part of that enrollment because I knew that person would help me out and would not mislead me.

The experience with Community Tax was beautiful and they solved my problems. Until today, I have the peace of mind that I was looking for. I have nothing to do with IRS. Community Tax does that for me. I have to pay for it but it's a sacrifice. Everybody has to sacrifice something. Sometimes, what they do for me is really good and what I pay for it is not enough. I've been working with this team from those days back and I want to keep working with them.

I'm in the best moment of my life because I have no troubles with the government and I'm ready for next year. Community Tax will be expensive but it's worth it. Sometimes, we go with a personal or private person. But I heard too many stories of disappointments about those guys being professional or even being trustworthy. But with Community Tax, you will certainly know that they will fix your troubles.

Eber,

Thank you very much for your review and rating. We are happy we could assist you and resolve your tax issues! We look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2021

I had a company out in California and they just took about $8,000 or $9,000 from me and didn't do anything for me. I was in desperate need and I called Community Tax and from day one, they've stayed pretty much on top of things up until the Coronavirus hit and things kind of like put a damper on them because they work for the IRS. It just got things prolonged, and then they had a personnel change. But other than that, everything went fine. My case is being resolved as we speak. They did a very good job, even with the changing of the guards and everything. I was in good communication with them. They were great. I'm very happy with them.

Richard,

Thank you for your review and rating. Our communication with our clients is very important to us and we are happy we could assist you so well!

Reviewed Sept. 3, 2021

We were very pleased with the whole experience with Community Tax. They got very professional staff and they answered all our questions. Everything was done electronically. It was user-friendly and very informative. I was impressed with the way they communicated with us, the way they presented the case and the plan for what they were gonna do. We were kept informed. They would call us if there were new developments in our cases. We were in a mess and now, we can breathe freely. If I had to do it again, there's no doubt in my mind who I need to go to.

Mark,

Thank you for your review and rating. We are happy we met your expectations and gave you the ability to breathe easier!

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

MR. Daniel ** walked with me down a road of uncertainty. We came out with smiles. So grateful. I would recommend Community Tax to whoever has an IRS Problem. They actually took the time help me understand the entire process.

James,

Thank you for your review and rating. We enjoy assisting taxpayers obtain results that fit their lives!

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very happy with the results of my case, thank you Comunity Tax for taking my case. Special thanks to; Dan ** and David **. I will recommend to friends and family members if they need their services, since my result were what I expected from them.

Julian,

Thank you for your review and rating! We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues!

Contract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

I have been with Community Tax for many years now. They helped me when I got into some tax troubles about 9 years back and I couldn't pay what I owed at the time. I made the mistake of getting paid under the table while receiving unemployment many years ago. Because of my work situation at the time I could not pay what I owed, so I was luckily put on an economic hardship type plan. It worked for me even though I was trying to make more money year after year. The resolution allowed for me to be sheltered with my low income until either I was able to pay what I owed in full or it expired after ten years.

Unfortunately the year before it was set to expire 2019, the year before the pandemic, I made well over six figures in income which caused the IRS to cancel my agreement and I became liable for the entire amount I was in a resolution for- interest had accrued and it was a big amount. Well luckily they worked with me again and got me into another plan that works. They made me feel at ease and help lower my stress levels. Luckily, I only have a few more months of paying a monthly amount as is part of my agreement, before this entire thing in behind me. Also, I am still using them to file my taxes every year and actually have them on a month to month contract. I will continue to use them past this day and am thankful to Luisa ** and everyone else at Community Tax. I recommend them to everyone who tells me they have tax problems they need help with. I am a happy customer.

Ernest,

Thank you so much for your great review! Every taxpayer's circumstances are different and we are happy we could place you in a resolution that fit your current life situation.

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Community Tax Saved the day! They worked with the IRS to come to a resolution quickly and responsibly! They stayed in touch until a resolution was met with the IRS. Everyone at Community Tax was Customer friendly and courteous! I would recommend them to ANYONE!!

Samuel,

Thank you for your rating and review! We are very happy we could assist you with your IRS issues.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

They helped me take care of my income tax and I already finished everything. The rep was real polite and helpful. I would recommend them to whoever I have that need for their income tax to be fixed.

Elva,

Thank you for your review and kind words. We are happy we could assist you with your tax issues.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

I was very concerned about my taxes..Ms. Erica did a great job explaining all she wanted me to do. As it went along, it was getting a little easier. Ms. Erica was the one that got me through this problem. Thank you Ms. Erica.

Florence,

Thank you so much for your review. We will pass along your comments to Erica and her team! Thank you again and we are happy we could relieve your concerns.

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

The process took a lot longer than I anticipated. It was almost two years but I get it. Occasionally, as they were going forward, they had to contact me and get some additional information. I got them whatever they needed each time and they kept in contact with me pretty good. Everybody that I dealt with was super nice and knowledgeable on whatever I needed to know.

James,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry it took longer than you hoped. But we are happy we could get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

At first, one of the people helping me failed to inform me about a couple of things and that set me back a few months in my process. I thought I had already submitted enough information. He told me he needed such and such information to be able to proceed and finalize my case. I also thought I had sent all the info needed, but it turned out that I hadn't. The gentleman reached out to me weeks after, asking for that information, and I wasn't aware that he needed that. He just failed to properly inform me of what I needed. He was waiting, and I didn't know he was waiting, was what prolonged the process.

Then I asked to have someone else help me and that person was great. Sometimes, he would take a couple of days longer than I would have liked to respond, but when he would, he was always very thorough and helpful. If only they could summarize all the points that we talked about and be more thorough as to what was going on, step by step, that would have helped. It is a service and it is something I’m paying for. But I understand too, though, a lot of that’s kind of on me to keep track of.