Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Federal Credit Union

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Coastal Credit Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Closing the business and would like to end service. Nobody there can actually help you. They just keep sending you to a voice mail box which is full and you cannot leave a message. This has been going on for weeks. Run, don't walk away from this company!

Original review: July 22, 2019

Great experience, rates were acceptable and competitive. Website is user-friendly, making payments from outside institution is simple except they need a queue to Print activity (like payment) as opposed to waiting for email.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a 2008 Infiniti EX35 at a dealership which I thought was ok, I was given the loan through Coastal Credit unfortunately. I have had the worst experience ever. I voluntarily gave the car back after making on-time payments after having the car 30 days. I went and took it back because it appeared to have blue smoke coming from the tail exhaust pipes. Well the dealership asked me to take it my own mechanic or they have an on-site mechanic that can look at it.

Well I took it to 3 different mechanics and was told the engine was basically blown and I needed a new one and that would cost me over $3K. So I advised the dealership I hadn't had the car long enough for me to be putting a new engine it, so he says he would give me only $400 towards repairs. I declined, so the car sat for months until I told them to just come get it. No sense in paying for a car I can't drive. They finally came for it. They even said I was hiding it. LOL. I said why would I need to hide a car that won't even drive. Then I signed a paper releasing the car back to them.

I was sent a letter saying they are suing me for the balance they sold the car at the auction for $5200 and I still owed $6900!!!! Well long story short they are asking for a judgement against me for $8900 plus their lawyer fees and 6% interest. These people are crazy. I put my money up in good faith and was sold a lemon. They want to sue me for a car I don't have nor could I even drive. I HATE THIS COMPANY!! THEY RUINED MY CREDIT!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My wife is going through the same issue with this Coastal Credit people. They happens to be garnishing her now. In fact I have been going through every letter that came from them through a court they used and a case number but it’s like I cannot found the case when I try to look for the case at the particular court we had the order from. Another thing I spotted is that the name of the very office at the court they used happened to be a court office for traffic stuff. I have been confused. They keep saying this figure and that figure. Can't this people be sue in any court of competent jurisdiction with the voice of all you everyone who is going through the diabolic scheme of this coastal credit. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This company repossessed my car after a payment plan was agreed upon. My car at the time had my US passport, and personal identity documents for not only myself but also my wife and kid. When it was explained what was in the vehicle, I was refused information about where the vehicle was taken to or by whom. Because of this I lost a job that I needed the passport for and the security clearance I had been granted. It's been a year now and still no documents, passport, or information about where the vehicle is. I have to assume that they are using these things for illegal purposes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coastal Credit?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Coastal credit is THE worst company to do business with! They want $17,000 for a vehicle that was sold at auction for $2,000 6 years ago! They harass you and threaten you and continue to threaten legal action by suing you. They are the rudest company to deal with. They're liars and crooks! If you get approved for a loan through them RUNNN!!! They have overly high interest rates. You never hear from them until there's a problem and then they become your worst nightmare! I have dealt with many other car finance companies through the years and Coastal Credit is by far one of the worst places. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT MILITARY AND VETERANS and just try to take advantage of them. How is this place still in business?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We've had a really great experience with Coastal Credit. They financed our car at a lower interest rate than any other lenders would offer. We make our payments a little ahead of the due date and this has worked well for us, or at least they've never had to call and remind us of a payment. When we do call to pay, they are usually really pleasant... I don't usually leave a review, but they’re getting so much heat on this platform. I thought I'd offer another insight! Hope this helps someone. :)

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I got my car, when I was in Atlanta, moved to another state and city. I got behind due to moving and no job! They harass you and they finally got my car which is fine. I didn’t want to deal with them anymore. They sold the car and they think I’m going to pay for a car that has been sold! Which is crazy!!! You didn’t put up collateral for the car. I did! I never would’ve thought they were this bad. DO NOT FINANCE A CAR WITH THEM! They are the worst!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This is the worst company ever. I bought a vehicle in 2009 with my ex husband. Yes I will be honest it was repoed in the divorce. I couldn't keep up with everything alone with 2 small kids. However regardless I made payment arrangements. Paid the arrangements was told everything was paid all settled. Randomly YEARS 7 years later they are on my credit talking about late payments 90 days past due for $60. Wait what... I haven't heard from them in years and all the sudden bam on my credit. I'm pissed. I'm fixing it to buy a house. This isn't helping. I have gotten a credit dispute lawyer. We will see though.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Coastal Credit is the worst auto loan I have ever dealt with. They call you the day your payment is due and constantly harasses you for a payment that are hours late. The harassment was so much that I had to make a formal complaint with the CFPB to get them to stop calling my job, relatives and friends to disclose information about my payment history. A representative by the name of April was prohibited from calling me at that point. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH COASTAL CREDIT LLC...

Not sure about Coastal Credit?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Coastal Credit Company Information