1.31/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

255 Citizens Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Run from them. They stole my vacation money I transferred into my account to celebrate my son's one year and something months out of the hospital. It has been stuck in processing while we are at Disney world. I will be make this a lawsuit matter as I am done being transferred around on the phone and will be sharing with the media. They are thriving crooks.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was getting issued another card (not my idea), and they asked for my updated address. I gave them my new address, a week passed and still no card but I was able to get a hold of my money so I thought nothing of it. Another week passed so I called again to check and they once more asked for my address and I told them, number by number and spoke slowly. The third week comes and still no card, as I go to buy my son's milk my card is declined so I call them. They state that the new card was returned to them because they sent it to the wrong address and I couldn't get a new one until four days later. So here I am with a hungry nine month old and not able to use or get a hold of my money because of their three weeks of not listening.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Today (Monday Nov. 6, 2017) at approximately 10 am I attempted to deposit a check made payable to me (as I have dozens of times over the last 15 years that my business account has been open) and I was told that this was not a valid payee. This is the second time in the last month that I have been questioned on a deposit to my account at this Branch. Both of these instances have occurred at the Stoughton, MA Route 138 Branch (not the Stop and Shop branch). I have deposited funds there numerous times over the past 15 years at this very location. I have no idea as to why I am being questioned, when I have no issues with the Cobbs Corner and Sharon, MA branches that I also frequent.

As an individual whose practice deals almost exclusively with small businesses in the Stoughton area, I will not be able to continue to recommend Citizens Bank as a bank that my current and future clients should consider as the source of their business banking needs. Additionally, as I mentioned I have been a long time customer of Citizens for my business needs. I went to Citizens to obtain a SBA loan in 2004 which I received and in fact paid back early. I used the Stoughton, MA branch to facilitate that transaction at that time. As I told the assistant branch manager today, I will not be setting foot in that location ever again. I sent this same posting upon my return to my office to Citizens Bank Investor Relations through their online portal. I have not heard back from them as of the posting of this item here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I am not surprised at all that Citizens Bank rates only a star and a half. If there had been the option of a rating with no stars, that would have been my choice. I have been with Citizens Bank for quite a while and over time their service has just continued to get worse and worse- but today takes the cake. This morning at about 6:30am I checked my checking account to see if a check that I deposited on Saturday had cleared the account yet. According to my mobile banking app, it had cleared. Fast forward to 8:30am and I'm now on my way to work. I stop at the Citizens Bank in downtown Boston to use the ATM machine and I get a message about how my card has been deactivated- “Please go see an associate.” So I do. I go in and ask the lady what's going on with my account. She takes my information and reviews the account.

She proceeds to tell me that my account was placed on a hard hold until November 14 because they are reviewing the check I deposited Saturday. I asked her, “Why? What was the matter with the check?” She did not know. I asked her about what was going to happen when my direct deposit hit the account in a few days? Again she has no answer for me. So as soon as I get to work, I called the customer service number only to be given the runaround for an hour. They transferred me here and then there, requiring me to repeat my story over and over. Then someone tells me they are transferring me to the appropriate department but instead disconnect the line.

So I called back and again no one can give me any answers. One lady starts being all cryptic saying she can't tell me but I can go into a branch if I wanted additional information. I told her that I was just at a branch location and they couldn't tell me anything. Finally after wasting 2 hours of my life I go back over to the branch location and ask to speak with the Branch Manager. He tells me the same thing but also tells me my card is no longer active at all and I will need to order a new one! I am completely outraged. I am a single mother of a 1 year old. I live check to check and I need to know if my paycheck is going to be available or not. This is by far the worst run institution in Boston. In the past, I've been too lazy to change banks. Well not anymore. Citizens will not get my business a day longer.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

As a 10+ year customer of Citizens Bank I deposited my payroll check on a Friday as I had been for the previous month via the mobile check deposit. Deposited before 10 pm means the 'funds' are available the next day. As someone who lives paycheck to paycheck, I need to pay bills that next day. I noticed Sunday evening my account was negative several hundred dollars. I immediately called customer service. They stated the payroll check hadn't actually cleared but it was going to by tomorrow.

The next day I had even more of a negative balance and went to the bank. They couldn't tell me anything except the check had been returned, and now I was forced to pay return check fees and a whole lot more. Long story short, the other bank never even received the request from Citizens to cash the check. Citizens Bank failed to make the transaction complete and I am now stuck paying fees that are not my fault. I will NEVER mobile deposit again and will be changing banks as soon as possible. Only two stars because the teller who tried to help me was very nice, otherwise it would be 1 star.

Citizens Bank response

We understand this process did not go as it should have for you, Renee. We're going to have our Office of the Chairman review the mobile deposit you made, and reach out to speak with you in more detail. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with your full name and best phone number to reach you. We're going to investigate these fees for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens Bank?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My elderly mother has a credit card through Citizens Bank. I have Power of Attorney (POA) for her. We recently had a problem with her credit card and I called customer service for assistance. They would not talk to me because they had no record of the POA. I went into our local branch with my POA paperwork. I explained my mother was no longer able to handle her own affairs and living in a home.

The customer service rep had to contact their credit card section after he could not enter the POA into their system and it was explained to the customer service rep that the bank would not honor the POA because it was older than 365 days. I asked if I could close the account. I was advised that I could not. Our only recourse is to stop using the card and let it go dormant. Should someone else start using the card we will be helpless to do anything about it based on Citizens Bank logic... Luckily I am not a Citizens Bank customer and never will be.

Citizens Bank response

We're going to have our Office of the Chairman take a look into this account for you, William. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with your full name and best phone number to reach you, so we can dig deeper into this POA for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

These people have no respect for you. They steal and steal and steal with their overdraft fees. I was charged multiple overdraft fees without me even noticing. These people disgust me and I do not think you should join here ever.

Citizens Bank response

We understand you weren't notified of these overdraft fees, Michael. We're going to have our Office of the Chairman reach out to talk in more detail with you about this. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with your full name and phone number, so we can review your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

In August 2017 I called customer service because I had over drafted by $.14. And was charged $35. I thought I had overdraft protection? So I called to make sure. Apparently it changed so I enrolled in overdraft protection once again. Didn't receive anything in the mail to sign approving the switch. 2 months later, a similar situation occurred. $225 in overdraft fees until they sent me any mail. (Received 5 days after date on letter) The switch to Overdraft protection never happened. I called, was transferred 5 times. Nobody could answer any of my questions. I never signed anything to switch out of the overdraft protection!!! Another class action lawsuit is coming their way. This bank is a giant thief. I will be switching. Stay away at all costs.

Citizens Bank response

We're going to have our Office of the Chairman take a look into these overdraft charges for you, James. Additionally, we're going to dig deeper into why you weren't signed up for overdraft protection as you had thought. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with your full name and best phone number to reach you, along with a brief description of your concerns. We're going to look deeper into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company needs to properly train your employees in customer service. My experience earlier this afternoon at a Philadelphia branch was completely unacceptable. The moment one of their employees could no longer provide me with information that could help me quickly resolve a lost debit card incident, was the exact moment she should have apologized that she could not be of more assistance, or even suggesting the corporate number. Instead, she chose to get an attitude and speak to me rudely, and disrupt the emergency phone call I made to my parents, who due to their own employees breaking the rules upon setting up my account, were the only ones who would be able to help me secure my account.

This is a very stressful circumstance; my money was unsecured for an undefined amount of time, and instead of being sympathetic, she became argumentative. I will never do business with this disgusting bank again, and will dissuade others from wasting their time. A lot can go wrong. It's someone's financial information is at risk, and attitude was the absolute last thing I needed.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I would honestly love to give them a good review but the amount of money they have taken from me in overdraft fees is disgusting. Not to mention, I’ve had to call multiple times for replacement cards due to the fact the chip malfunctions or the card cracks.

Citizens Bank response

We're going to dig deeper into your account history. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with more details about these fees on your account, so we can take a look into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I deposited a payroll check on a Friday and then paid several bills from my checking account, not realizing that Monday was Columbus Day and was a banking holiday. Although the deposit cleared on Saturday and I was able to pull money out of the Mac machine I was still charged 7 overdraw fees for transactions that took place on Monday as the money did not technically clear till Tuesday. I got nowhere with the customer service representative on the phone and was blown off by the bank manager who seemed surprised when I decided to close my account. This bank has been involved in numerous class action lawsuits which the bank manager did not appreciate me pointing out. Run don't walk away from this bank they have obviously not learned their lesson and there will be another class action lawsuit very shortly for their unethical business practices. If I could give them a negative number of stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Citizens Bank will "legally" steal from you and screw you over. Their Customer service is the WORSE. It's so bad that my wife and I went to one of their branches (409 East Ave. Pawtucket, RI.) after being on a really long and fruitless conversation with them over the phone. We went to close her account. Can you believe that when my wife told the "customers assistant person" that she was looking into closing her account, the "customer assistant" replied back, "Ok, can I have your ID?" Wow Really. No "sorry to hear that", No "why would you want to do that" OR "let me see what I can do for you, to avoid closing your account today". Nothing! I was so stunned by that and told her, "Since you people are committed to lose customers now. Go ahead and close mine as well" and I'd throw my card over her desk.

People wake up! They are nothing without us and they need us for them to be them. Don't let this bank or perhaps any other bank to do whatever they want with you like if you weren't giving them your business, time and effort. Without mentioning your "money". We as customers need to stand together and make our voice to be hear. Because we have a lot in common. We work hard day by day night by night to put food on the table for our children and at the same time trying to be successful. For a shameless institution like "Citizens bank" come and treat you like your business, time, effort and money worth **. NO APPRECIATION NO BUSINESS!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We had a checking account with Citizen Bank. We closed it in August of 2017. Unfortunately, we had a gym membership tied to the account. When the request for payment came from the gym to Citizens Bank, the bank "reactivated" the account with zero funds, paid the membership fee, and charged overdraft fees. No notification was sent out. This continued for 3 months before we stopped in to check on a CD. The manager was very short and kept saying it was their policy. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I left New England and moved to NC, where there apparently aren't any Citizens Banks. I tried for months to close my account, but they simply would not close my account and continued to charge me a $12 monthly fee because I was not able to deposit. I did everything, spent hours calling, faxing, everything, but no one would help me. Citizens Bank is THE WORST bank, and dealing with them is a nightmare. Citizens Bank will "legally" steal from you and screw you over. I hope no one else gets cheated out of their hard earned money by these crooks like I did.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I pay my monthly mortgage on time every month. Same amount automatically deducted from my account. This past month my mortgage duplicated the payment out of my bank account by mistake. The money got refunded and I got hit for overdraft fees each day. I only had enough for my original mortgage payment. Wouldn't you monitor that issue and inform your customer about it before you allow it to go through and allow it to overdraw?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We locked in a mortgage interest rate of 3.25% with.125% credit, for 60 days with Citizens Bank. However, when we received the closing disclosures for the mortgage, the interest rate was listed as 3.5%. When I inquired about this discrepancy, my loan officer, Maria **, told me that there were utilization ratio issues (due to the fact that we were closing on our purchase before our sale, despite the fact that this had always been the plan), but that she had taken the needed steps to get the rate I had originally been quoted and had submitted all necessary documentation for approval of the originally quoted rate. My loan officer later confirmed via phone that this had been approved.

We received the final closing disclosures the evening before our closing (which had already been delayed by Citizens), but the interest rate had not changed. I emailed my loan officer multiple times but received no response until I reached her by phone the next morning. She told me she was working on getting the rate adjusted as promised. However, a mere two hours before the scheduled closing, she informed me that she would NOT be able to give us the rate that had been locked in. She suggested postponing the closing on our purchase until after the closing on our sale (which was scheduled for less than one business day later).

Because it was only two hours before the closing and we'd had issues even getting the seller to the closing table, my lawyer strongly advised against postponing the closing. Doing so would have put us in breach of contract, and we had no viable options for postponement or alternate loans at this late date. Citizens bait and switch tactics left us with no choice but to close with a increase in the mortgage interest rate that amounts to about $30,000 over the lifetime of the loan. My loan officer told me that the best she could do was to refund the closing costs ($844, barely anything in comparison), which she requested to be expedited.

I complained up the chain and it took months to even get those closing costs back, but Citizens basically told us we were SOL otherwise because we made the mistake of trusting what their loan officer told us over the phone and we had no written proof. This is clearly a company that couldn't care less about its customers and I wouldn't even recommend them to my worst enemy.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have had this account for almost 11 years. I have been playing a vicious game with them for years. They like to back date overdraft fees and cash deposits. This bank has been overdrafting me even though I look at my account several times a day. I know exactly when checks have gone through and when deposits are made and they tell me no I am wrong. I have screenshots proving my account was not overdrawn and still customer service says no they don't know why online banking says this, that I am in fact overdrawn.

This has been going on for over a year now. I did not have this problem with them before. I don't know what happened. I am on TDI right now and have just gotten my direct deposit started with them so I am reluctant to switch banks now. But I can assure you when I am back to work I will be closing this account. Oh and because they have taken 2 overdraft fees in the past due to bank error they say I am not eligible to have any more fees removed. This is without a doubt the worst bank I have ever had. I would have changed a year ago except I was just being lazy.

And I hate to start over with a brand new account. However I cannot afford to play their little game any longer! They should be ashamed of themselves. Preying on people with limited incomes. I could understand if I didn't have solid proof staring at me. But when you have proof, and they falsify dates to make money, that's just more than I can stand. I am seriously thinking about getting an attorney and filing suit against them for fraud! The CEOs of this bank will surely go to hell for what they are doing to people. I can't imagine how many times they have done this to people and said people having no idea. If I could give them 0 stars I would. And I am telling every living soul that I know what this bank does! Citizens you suck!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I am a business customer, I've been with this bank for many years just because I've been too lazy to make a change. The fine folks at Citizens Bank have taken the time to MAKE SURE THAT I MOVE ALL 6 ACCOUNTS TO NAVIGANT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I had a check that I deposited returned, but they never sent me a copy so that I could redeposit it. The return was on August 24th, today is Sept 18th... Still no copy for me to redeposit.

I've been given the runaround from department to department, they say that they have to print the copy and deliver it to the local branch... Huh? What? The local branch cannot use a printer? Hey Citizens 1970 called... You're so incompetent, you wouldn't make it in 1970. As soon as they get out their hammer and chisel and get us a copy of this check, it's only been 3 weeks, we will be moving all of our business to Navigant and will make sure that we mention to all of our customers that they should do the same. DON'T WALK... RUN AWAY FROM THIS BANK!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've just spent 30 minutes of my lunch hour time trying to access my online mobile account to pay my bill that is due today. First, it didn't recognize my password. Then, when it accepted it, it told me I had no internet access, although I clearly did. Then when I switched to a desktop computer, it locked me out and informed me I'd had "too many log-in attempts" and needed to change my password. When I tried to do so, it asked for my debit/ATM card number, even though I was on the credit card log-in site and DO NOT have a checking or savings account with Citizens Bank.

This continued to happen, even after calling several numbers to try to make a payment online or get technical assistance. When I finally did think I could make a payment, I was then asked for my checking account and routing number on file (which I have used for every past online payment) which of course I didn't have with me. Again, no option to speak with a CSR for help. At NO TIME during this whole satanic, Orwellian experience DID I EVER SPEAK TO A REAL HUMAN BEING. I tried four different customer service nos. and different automated options, until after 25 minutes I SOMEHOW got through to an automated system that had my checking and routing info online and took my payment.

This is by far ONE OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENTS I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I shudder at the thought of trying to get hold of SOMEONE to try to access my online account, from which I've apparently been locked out. I am very tempted to transfer my $7k balance to another bank just from the aggravation of this alone. For god's sake, fix this and hire real people and make them an option when you call in. You are only going to lose money, not save money as you're totally robotic system was obviously meant to do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I received and electronically deposited a refund check from my son's college into my Citizens account. After waiting for it to clear the usual 24 hours and noticing the funds were still not in my account, I called both the Citizens branch and Customer Service number. After getting the runaround for several hours (no answers as to why the delay, no calls back, false promises, and ultimately no resolution), I was told the check was suspected of fraud and Citizens had a high concern based on the financial institution and security features shown on the check that it would not clear. They said the funds won't be released until 9/19 at the earliest - 10 days after deposit! They escalated the case to the Office of the Chairman and I was told they would respond quickly... I am still waiting for a response.

In the mean time, I've contact the college (which is a VERY reputable and financially stable school in Providence) and they said there was no problem with the check. They contacted the bank on which the check is drawn (Wells Fargo) and Wells Fargo confirmed the validity of the check; in fact, they said THE FUNDS HAD ALREADY CLEARED. Yet still, I wait for the funds to hit my account or a call back, while my son away at college is without his money for supplies and living expenses. I am VERY VERY disappointed with Citizens Bank. Shame on you for fraudulently holding up my money while saying the check itself is fraudulent. This is just another good reason to do business with my small-town bank, and avoid the bureaucracy and red tape of a bank too big and ineffective to serve its customers well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I am charged overdraft fees all the time. For example. On Monday 9/11/2017 my account was fine, on Tuesday 9/12/2017 my account was fine. Now I know there is a $300 check out there going to be cashed but as of Tuesday 9/12/2017 it was not there. On Tuesday 9/12/2017 I deposited money into my account knowing this check will eventually come through. On Wednesday 9/13/2017 they put the check through and back dated the date. It went through to 9/11/2017 then charged me an overdraft fee. The check cleared of course because I put money in the bank on 9/11/2017 so when the check actually came through on 9/13/2017 funds were available. But they still back dated the check and charged me.

This happens all the time. I go to the bank and argue about this often. I bring pictures of my bank account showing examples on how checks have not gone through then days later they put a check through then back date the checks then charge me fee. After arguing the conversations always ends with the bank manager saying they can see transactions that we can't and that why this happens. This happens very often. They get anywhere from $35 to $245 from my business account every month.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I started an account at Citizens even though my some family members and friends warned me but I fell for the SCAM. Citizens Bank charged fees for mistakes they've made. You can be charged $35 For a pending overdraft fee that hasn't happened yet. I Deposited money into my account that has overdraft protection, oh by the way they charge you $12 to transfer from your saving to cover that and then you still get an overdraft charge, who's protecting me. Try asking for a supervisor (joke) they will stick to a script or better yet maybe I was talking to a Robot. Bottom line for whatever reason you are considering Citizens Bank don't. Regardless of your financial status your money should be protected and grow. With this bank neither will happen.

I would research. Believe they advise people who care about you give and look at reviews, you can tell a pissed off Customer from someone that genuinely has concerns and issues with this Bank. There are several banks that can meet your needs. Take your time and find it. Ask questions about fees, how they occur, how the post account info and how long does their system take to see activity on your account. Be diligent. Be aware and it's your money, so take time and use a bank that understands that. Unfortunately Citizens Bank is not it, good luck. Stay informed. Btw I have 1 star only because you are required to fill in something other. Nothing about Citizens Bank deserves a star!!!

Citizens Bank response

We'd like to have our escalation unit take a look into these fees for you, Sonya. Please send an email to AskCitizensBank@Citizensbank.com with your full name and phone number, so we can further review your account.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have been a customer of Citizens Bank for over 10 years and am still appalled by the lack of customer service I recently received. I wrote a check to my brother-in-law and his wife to celebrate their wedding and help provide funds for their honeymoon. All seemed well as they cashed the check and it cleared prior to them leaving; however, a day later Citizens took it upon themselves to reverse the check. I noticed this and called customer service and am still dumbfounded by their ineptitude and lack of empathy for potentially ruining a newlyweds’ honeymoon. Long story short, their only solution was for me to write them another check. Despite them being out of the country and Citizens having the account information where they initially deposited the funds, their only remediation was for me to write another check.

I am still awestruck. I am all for fraud protection; however, how is it possible to do something without even contacting the customer to verify that fraud existed? The first customer service agent had no clue why the deposit was reversed initially, which makes me feel real safe as a customer. When escalated to a supervisor their only response was that my signature didn't match what was on file. I am no handwriting specialist; however, I cannot imagine that my signature has changed that much in my 35 years... and even if so, I cannot imagine that it would be acceptable to do such a reversal without any contact with the customer. So imagine a bank that couldn't care less than newlyweds are out of the country with $1000 less then than think they have to spend; and claim to have their hands tied with no possible means to rectify an error on their end. If this is acceptable to you, by all means bank with Citizens. If not, then feel free to join Wells Fargo like I just did.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I being a customer for over 10 year and never had any problem with Citizens Bank. The bank teller are so nice and honest. They are always there to help and answer all your questions.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have been with Citizens Bank since I was 12 years old!!! I opened the account with my mom, I have been very loyal to them and can't believe what has happened before my eyes. I was a victim of fraud and my account number routing number and debit cards were all stolen and made charges of preauthorized debit. Just a week before Citizens called me to tell me my account would have been "drained" if I didn't cancel my card, so I did. Now, just a week later I have all these charges appearing, I immediately contacted Citizens and was told I have four overdraft fees totaling up to 175 dollars! As a student who pays everything on their own that takes away my groceries etc! I have student loans with Citizen, regardless I am now waiting on my claim to come back and to quickly close my account and NEVER reopen one again.

The saddest part about this is that they can't close my account unless the balance is 0.00! So the person who has my account information can continue on abusing my account! To top it off, the first time I called I stayed on the phone for an hour and thought I was filing my claim - after I got off the phone with the representative who seemed somewhat concerned - DIDN’T PROCESS MY CLAIM! Thank god I called back wondering what would happen to my paycheck on Friday because the second teller finally processed my claim!! I am disheveled by this process! I believe Citizens Bank is a total scam and am looking into other options such as Bank of America. They seem much more reasonable... Four OD fees and not one call! Bad banking! Untrustworthy! Can’t wait to close my account! Citizens is UNETHICAL!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I received a check for $3500, inviting me to be a secret shopper. I discussed it with a teller - we both agreed to be careful about possible fraud. I deposited it, with the understanding that we would wait "at least 3 - 4 days" for check to clear. I deliberately cleaned all remaining funds out of my account, leaving only the $3500 deposit. Four days later, I returned and was told that check had cleared. Teller - different from 4 days earlier - specifically told me that the check had "cleared" and that the funds were "in (my) account". Repeatedly, she advised that money was in my account and available for withdrawal. I withdrew the cash and, as instructed, made a purchase for several hundred dollars and then wired 3K to directed recipients. It sounded strange, but I knew that Citizens Bank had reassured me that the check had cleared and that the funds were IN MY ACCOUNT!

You can imagine what happened. A few days later, I returned on another matter and was told that the check had been "returned". Citizens was now demanding full reimbursement of bounced check. I was outraged. Over next several months, I spent untold hours with managers, customer resolutions department, attorneys for Citizens Bank. Managers responded with some sympathy, but Customer Resolutions and bank attorneys replied with lies and deceit. I was told, or should have known, they insisted, that the money was just being made "available" and that the check had not cleared.

Why on earth would I have wired money if I was not told repeatedly that the check had cleared and that the funds were in my account? I had even explained the entire circumstance to both tellers! The bank next stole my social security money which came in the following week, and subsequently shut my account down, ruining my credit and preventing me from opening accounts at other banks. Their commercials about "fraud prevention" and "protection of customers" makes me sick.....

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Overdrafting is a huge problem with Citizens Bank. Overdraft 1 hour you're already charged fees. That's wrong. It's highway robbery but they tell me it's ok and they're doing nothing wrong even though I put the money right back that **.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Citizens Bank has a variety of interest bearing account to serve your needs, including many types of checking that do not have fees. When your circumstances change they are willing and able to change types of account to meet your needs, even if only temporary. Their bank card services are great. Includes no fee cards with nice rewards.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The Citizens Bank financial planner was the worse. He suggested I would need $59k a year to retire and I currently bring home the same amount and save aggressively.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Citizens Bank is misleading customers about banking with them. I opened up a account and was told I should receive my card within the next few days. So I got my card and tried to activate it, and it asked me for my pin. Meanwhile I never know I had to wait for a pin to come in the mail just to access my funds. The banking agent I set with for 3 hrs failed to mention I had to wait for a pin by mail. I feel like I was tricked into opening up my account with them. Now I have to wait 5 more days after receiving my card by mail just to withdraw my funds by ATM. Whoever thought of this stupid idea need to really rethink it over. I'm closing my account with them and I will Bank with Bank of America because they allow you to setup your pin upon opening up a account.

Citizens Bank Company Information