1.14/5

340 Citizens Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I recently had some issues transferring funds from an external account into my Citizens' personal checking account, which lead to some minor overdrafts. I instantly deposited a Bank Check for $1,000 that more than covered the amount...the "overdrafts" were there for less than a day, yet I was assessed 3 overdraft fees of $35. Not only would they only waive 2 of the 3, but the ** lady customer service supervisor (and you can tell she was ** from her accent) was completely uncouth, unprofessional, and condescending. I am only pointing out her ethnicity because I did not catch her name and would like her held accountable.

I have never felt so degraded talking to a customer service representative. She deserves to lose her job. Larger banks like Chase are more willing to waive all of these fees if they are occasional weird situations like this. I had kept my account with Citizens out of convenience but I am at the point where I may just move my last account out. Citizens Bank does not care about customer retention. It is much harder to get new clients than it is to retain happy ones, anybody who has worked in sales understands this. I highly recommend you search elsewhere for a banking partner.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I became an individual checking account customer a year ago because my branch's location was convenient. Within a few weeks, I deposited a large (for me) check from a company client paying for my services. I wrote checks against the deposit which began bouncing immediately (at the highest bounce fee of all banks in my area). But much worse: I inquired of the bank why they had place a maximum length (they said) hold on my check. The bank personnel, all the way up to the "Office of the Chairman" of the bank, to whom I pleaded, maintained the reason was "irregularities on the face of the check." I have had this same paying client for years. The CEO is a friend. He had cut and signed the "irregular" check. But Citizens Bank, all the way to the top, refused to talk with him.

My client CEO left a party with his wife and friends to return to his company's office at night to examine his copy of the check that Citizens Bank was holding. He saw no "irregularities". Finally, when I appealed up to the "Office of the Chairman" of the Bank, the Bank employee (junior, not the "Chairman") who answered refused, when I asked, to tell me even what the "irregularities" were! He said, clearly reading from a script in a "boiler room" operation where I overheard in the background lots of his fellow junior employees arguing with customers, that the alleged "irregularities" were a "secret" of the Bank.

I gave up, paying over $100 in bounce fees to the absolute end of the Bank's maximum hold period. All of which bounce fees they have refused to refund. The management of this Bank is clearly out to abuse holds arbitrarily in order to make illicit profits from even their smallest customers like me. Their entire upper management are utterly unethical, the next thing to criminals. Do not, do NOT! Be a customer of this Bank under any circumstances!!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I've seen this in other complaints as well. I deposited a work check on Monday and here it is Thursday now and the hold is still on my account for the funds. I checked my account this morning and it said a negative balance of the check I deposited. Definitely not depositing any more checks with Citizens.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been a customer with the Citizens Bank on College Street since January 2012. I found most employees very heartless and unappreciative. Up until this month, they were charging me three dollars on top of what any establishment would charge for my debit card, sometimes five or more, and when I would complain to many tellers or supervisors they would not care less. I would keep my slips, and do math and the statements made it look like they were taking out less fees than the slips I would keep. Anything I would ask for they would deny since 2012. There were times when I did no business and I would see many unnecessary charges. I figured out they were fleecing me for at least fifty dollars a month out of 900$ disability.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

If I could give 0 stars I would. This is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with and I have been around. I will list in order the problems of this bank. 1. Time it takes for anything to post/clear. If you deposit, use your card, transfer money to/from, the account will not update for almost 3 days. THREE DAYS. The popular banks will do this instantly. This requires you to constantly have to balance your checking account by memory. I had paid rent with my checking account, and it shows nowhere in any of the transactions that this is pending, or sent. I was unsure if I actually clicked paid on the rent web page, so I sent it again. Guess what, it sent twice now. 3 days later I finally see this in pending, and they charged me twice.

I also had to do a bank to bank transfer. Send money from Citizens to Chase. Once I sent this, (using Chase's tried and true website) I see nowhere on Citizens that I have sent money. There is absolutely no sign of this posted or pending. I called Citizens and after 25 minutes of hold, I gave up. I called Chase, talked to someone within 2 minutes, and they said they see nothing coming into the account. (No, I do not work for Chase, I am simply putting how terrible Citizens is in perspective). Have no idea what's going on with that payment now, so I have to be sure not to touch x amount of money. "Manually balance my checking account."

2. Mobile App/Web App. A perfect 0 out of 10 for these ** platforms. The mobile app is extremely annoying, bugging, terrible UI, constant clicks to get anywhere. The website is not far behind. Total disaster on the UI/UX of these platforms. 3. Customer Service. Try calling Citizens. Go ahead, give it a shot. You will never get anyone. Inconsistent, dated, ugly. Do not bank with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens Bank?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I been with Citizens for 13 years, I had a 7.99 purchase for Hulu that came out, the fact that they charged me an overdraft fee for 35, then another 4 30 dollar fees. Needless to say I will be closing my account. They are the worst bank I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

17 hours ago. 9/27/2018. I Changed to Citizens bank a year ago, because they were closest to home, and since my branch was in a Supermarket, they were open more hours. That seemed ideal @ first. Citizens always credited my check deposits next day, as is their policy. This week, I deposited a check for five hundred dollars, The teller was polite, and told me that the funds Would be Available in the morning. It was my intention to purchase a certain Pallet of roofing shingles. The following day, the deposit had not shown in my balance as promised by Citizens. I called the bank and was told that they, once in a while, pick random checks and can hold them for a week if they want too.

In my lifetime, I've had several banks, and you bring in a check and it goes in your account. End of story; However, Citizens Bank, decided not to do that. They decided they were going to hold my check until Oct 4th, even though the funds were there, and the check has cleared! How can they do that and it be legal? I feel like I was sucker punched by my bank for no good reason and I am very unhappy about it. People If you are considering Citizens Bank, I'd Reconsider! Seriously! They change their policy on a whim... Because they feel like it. They are keeping my five hundred dollars for an extra week, and I'm out a Pallet of, much needed Architectural roofing shingles! Thank you, Citizens!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

They charge NSF fees when they decide to put through all the debits before any credits. All very convenient for them. Will never bank with them again. Charged 3 NSF fees and then charged 3 more "sustained overdraft charges" in the next 7 days. What!!! Ridiculous. They then refunded the 3 NSF fees but left on the sustained overdraft charges. Obviously they are admitting their wrongdoing if they're refunding. So what gives?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have been banking with Citizens Bank since 2014. I requested my account to be closed because I got tired of paying $100 whenever either my $11.99 Netflix account or $19.99 gym membership would automatically withdraw at times when I wouldn't have the balance available. However, my direct deposit has always been connected to my account so I figured "What the heck, next time I'll make sure it wouldn't happen. I'll pay the overdraft fee". Unfortunately, I get paid biweekly so I would be charged $35 for the overdraft fee then an additional $30 every few days. At times I would be charged I total of $100+ for a negative balance of $-4 to -7. Which I would find absurd. Finally, I got feed up after going through this every few months, and realized I was paying the bank to hold onto my money.

I requested my bank account to be closed, but was told that I needed to withdraw any money in the account as the account can only be closed with a balance of less than 10 cents. So I did that on 8/10/2018. I transferred over my direct deposit, and today on 9/7/2018 I noticed my health insurance was not taken out. I decided to see if I can log into my Citizens Bank account online just to see. I was able to, and when I looked my bank account was overdrawn $- 600. I was/am livid. I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with customer service, but I decided to give them another chance. After dancing around the electronic system to press XYZ keys to actually speak to a rep I was put in a queue for 15 minutes when I finally was able to speak to Luis. After explaining my situation to him he put me on another 10 minute hold to most likely dismiss my case with his higher ups.

I was told there was nothing that can be done for me since I used my one-time overdraft waiver a year ago. I told him I didn't mind paying the balance off, but I found it unbelievable to charge me over $350 within less than a month, which is another car lease, just to hold onto my money. He then restated that there was nothing he can do for me, and that I would have to pay off the entire balance. I respectfully thanked him, feeling defeated already. He quickly then told me to have a nice day, and hung up on me without me being able to respond "you as well". I would never recommend this bank to anyone, please make sure you go to a credit union before you bank here. Lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Had the displeasure of speaking with Brandy who claimed she was the top manager available to me out of the Pittsburgh Office - but that she could not give out the business address. That gave me a good laugh. Probably she was sitting at home in her PJs feeling important. Anyways I opened a checking account in conjunction with a Personal Loan I took out. Obviously, I did not need the account but it promised me a lower interest rate. I placed a minimal deposit. At no point was I directly informed that there would be a service fee or that to avoid that service fee I needed to make any amount deposit each month (literally .01 cents would have sufficed).

Now perhaps this information was buried somewhen in fine print but it was not made explicit. I never received any paperwork for the account and did not access my online account until I received a notice that the account was over withdrawn by $10. At that point, I recovered a login name I had not created to find that Citizens had been charging $10 every month. I called to have the money recovered and the account reestablished and Brandi refused - and she refused to connect me with someone else who might be able to help me.

I explained to her that since this account was created as part of a promotion, that I didn't think that Citizens wanted to lose me as a customer over $100 when as a business investor they earn thousands of dollars from me. So I will be going into a branch, hopefully they will have a more business savvy response. If not the account will be closed and the loan will be paid off in full, subverting the upcoming interest payments. Good job Brandy.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I received a letter from Citizens stating an address change was made which I had not authorized. The letter stated I should contact Customer Service which I did immediately upon receiving the letter. I spoke with "Jennifer" and asked to change the unauthorized address change back to my home address and was told they couldn't do it unless I wrote a letter. I asked where the authorization was from originally and they said a Post Office change of address automatically changed it which I had not authorized. I asked for a supervisor and was on hold for 7 more minutes. I was then told by "Latwan" they would not put my correct address in the account. Then I was told someone else would call me in 1-2 business days. Meanwhile my address is still incorrect and secure bank information is being sent to the wrong address and they won't fix it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I'm 3 months into banking with Citizens and I hate it! Their online banking app is deceiving. It does not reflect your correct balance especially if something is paid on a Friday! Usually banks show pending transactions right away and post them Monday. Nope! Not Citizens. I paid my credit card off Friday and it's Monday. Not only does it NOT show any pending transaction of any kind from my credit card company and reflecting the wrong available balance for 3 days, I called Citizens and they said it dont post into Tuesday! The reason I hate that is I was on vacation. 2 weeks ago when I got a swiped my card for gas before we left (Wed) and when I got to hotel... my online banking said I had $232 so after I paid hotel I shoulda had $2 until I got paid FRIDAY.

I swiped my card 4 times Friday. I woke up Saturday in the negatives! Uhmmm wait why? Come to find out my balance I was seeing on Wed was not the balance I had available! Now I'm pissed. Every time I had to call Citizens past and present it's a 10- 20 min wait! I'm really pissed now! They refunded one $35 fee but blamed the merchants for delays on the online banking post! Their app is very deceiving. I no longer swipe my card with them no more! I get direct deposit and pay my 2 automatic bills. One being my credit card and I swipe that for now on! And go directly to brick and mortar for many additional cash needs. Yes it's more work at times but at least I'm not being bamboozled into fees! My credit card reflects real time transactions and if I don't have it I don't have it!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My Grandfather started a savings account for myself and my little sister back before he passed away. Over the years my account has steadily grown but at some point in time Citizens changed the terms of the investment without my awareness or approval. About a year ago I noticed that they were now charging us higher annual fees, so much so that the value of the account was declining.

After waiting on hold multiple times over the period of a week I was able to find someone who told me about the numerous steps I needed to complete in order to close my account. I received a check in the mail a couple weeks after completing the steps. The check was worth less than what the account started with after the fees to process and close my account. No documentation was given about why the check was so low and I had to call and wait on hold to find out why the check was so low. I will never do business with this bank again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I'm nearly 60 and have had many bank accounts over my life, both personally and for 3 businesses that I own. I have never dealt with any bank that charges such fees. They charge overdraft fees when nothing over drafted! For example, if you have $5,000 in your account and pay a bill for $2,000, but there are bills lined up in queue for future dates that have not been paid and the money is sitting in the account they consider that an overdraft! Even though another deposit was made well before any of those bills were up to be paid. Nothing ever bounced, there was always thousands of dollars in the account but they charged me $117 in overdraft fee in anticipation that something could but didn't bounce! Citizens bank has done this numerous times. I'm looking into other banks and switching but I wanted to share this with others. Stay away from Citizens Bank!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

When I opened my account, there was a promotion stating that I would receive $200 if I made a direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days. The deposit was made so I call after a week to find out if the bonus would be credited to my account. After being on hold for an HOUR, I’m told that he looked in their system and no such promotion exists. I told him I had it screenshot where it said that it did. He put me on hold for another 20 minutes and came back and told me that the promotion already passed. I told them I read in the fine print which I also have screenshot the dates that the promotion was good through and I did in fact open it in time. He put me on hold for another 15 minutes and when he came back he basically told me he had no idea what I was talking about.

I’m not about to argue with anyone over $200 but I don’t think it’s right how you post fake promotions and then when the person calls asking about their money, you pretend to not know what they’re talking about. Just a scam to get you to open an account. Not pleased at all! Will be looking for another bank to do business with as this one isn’t trustworthy.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I deposited $400 into my account to start using it. After making purchases, I saw that my account was at $81, and all my purchases were pending and on the account. Knowing this, I pulled out $40 from my account. Two days later, I get a call from my husband that our account was overdrawn. After calling the bank, and sitting on hold for 30 minutes, the CSR tells me the final purchase I made hadn't in fact posted to my account, so when I withdrew money from my account, I went over $16, and they charged me a $35 overdraft fee for a total of $51 overdrawn. I told him my account had already shown the purchase posted, but he acted like I didn't understand how overdrafts happen. I called back because he told me that there are two balances, your account balance - and your available balance.

I only saw 1 balance. Upon calling back, I talked to a manager who said she thought that maybe the seller hadn't claimed the funds the bank had put on hold for me and the money was returned, without notice. Then maybe the seller claimed the purchase so that's why my account was short when I withdrew the $40. I'm irritated because despite using online banking, and despite checking my account, I'm still going to be charged because somehow the money wasn't accepted fast enough for a purchase I made the same day as another purchase for the same company, which was claimed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been trying to contact Citizens Bank concerning fraud on my debit card. I have spent over an hour and a half trying to contact them and I have not resolved my problem. Yesterday, I connected with them after waiting 30 minutes on the phone and they said they could not hear me. Today, I connected after 15 minutes and talked to a rep. Then, she passed me on to another rep and had to end the call because I was waiting for over 25 minutes. This is crazy!! How can such a reputable bank do this to their customers. I am going to shop for another bank!! DO NOT DO YOUR BANKING AT CITIZENS BANK!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Bruce Van Saun and the executive team at Citizens Bank are criminals. They use advanced algorithms to reorder transaction history, in consequence creating frivolous overdrafts fees. They will even rationalize such by stating "we reorder transaction history to ensure your largest purchases get paid first." Example of how this transpires: Let's say you charge 8 items on your debit card, on a Friday. Those 8 items leave your account with x amount in positive funds. Monday morning comes around, and a housing payment goes through, rendering your account negative, let's say by 1 penny. They subsequently reorder the 9 transactions, 8 on Friday which should not elicit an overdraft, and the one on Monday, which should. Now all 9 are assessed an overdraft fee, in the amount of 9x $35 = $315.

Only one should have legally been assessed if the order of events were adhered to. The algorithm was created at CMU, and they have put great emphasize on finding ways to screw over consumers. Additionally, many other complains are congruent to such. This is NOT speculation, it's a fact. The executive team is comprised of criminals, and they should go to jail.

Original review: July 18, 2018

They are charging me overdraft fees for no reason, the first one I noticed was via text stating I was overdrawn, go in my app... $-3.14 after they took out the $39 fee. That in no way makes any sense. I would have had $35.96. Then it happened the next day... That was my business account... Check mine and my husband joint account and they were charging him fees too! We never noticed because he had the money to cover it without notification... They also with these fees do not send out letters like they do for legit overdraft charges. The company should be investigated!

Original review: July 16, 2018

Citizens Bank is abusing people freedom and rights. I'm out of country just now I find out when clients of this ** bank who are out of country they have no access to their accounts. I spend two hours on phone with idiots from this bank who told me it must be my computer, they make me delete stuff, change settings, and after 1.5 hours they said, “Oh we forgot to tell You the bank changed the policy now outside USA, You cannot use online banking.” That is the bigger abuse I got from any bank in the world so far, now if I want to check any transaction or even check my balance I have to call the ** bank and pay $0.50 /minute.

How nice and remember it take about 25 to 40 minutes to be connected with the **... lest all I got from them is, “We are sorry for the problems.” They don't realize they blocking me from my money when I'm out of country with the kids what a freaking mess, why nobody informed me about that change. I was in this ** bank 3 days before leaving asking for exchanging fees... I’m out of this ** bank. I was client for 12 years. It’ss time to change for something more human.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Horrible customer service. Every month I send them my regular car payment plus an additional $1000 to the principal amount. This month the person applied the entire amount to the payment and after multiple calls to them no one has fixed my problem. Finally they reversed the charge and applied the ENTIRE amount to principal only. And now I am getting frustrated with getting that fixed. I'd much rather pay a point or two higher interest rate instead of dealing with these incompetent, unprofessional employees that they have.

Original review: July 4, 2018

So we had been account holders for almost 20 years. We also bank with a credit union in the northern part of the state. To make a large purchase I wrote a check for cash at Citizens using the northern bank. The Citizens teller had to get approval and after quite a few attempts finally located someone on the phone. The approved told her to confirm that funds were available in my account at the other bank. No problem. I provided our account number and their phone number. She called and was told that there were sufficient funds to cover the check.

The teller calls her approver back, relays the confirmed funds information and is told to tell me that her approver “is not comfortable” approving the check. Result? I was totally amazed. Then I was told I could “drive to the other bank.” I told her that was 3 and a half hours away. She then used the platitude that all businesses say but rarely mean. That is the words, “I’m sorry” which usually translates as, “You’re out of luck and there’s nothing I’m going to do about it for you.” Mind, the funds for the check were confirmed. It could happen to your money.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I had been banking with Citizens Bank over 10 years until about a month ago. Over the years, and I have over drafted the account before. Whenever this happened I would receive a notice in my email and recently, in late 2016 I signed up for text alerts for the account. Nothing has changed in my life that would make it hard to communicate with me. In the past if said account was over drafted and I did not remedy the issue within the same business day a fee would be charged, I remember the fee being $25 for each day in overdraft.

On May 31st I got paid. I scheduled 2 payments to come out of the account that day, forgetting that my new payment date for car insurance was coming out automatically on the 5th. I knew Netflix comes out on the 4th. I spent 60$ on grocery on the 1st. Come the 4th and Netflix comes out and the grocery. Neither payment to Eversource had posted or even show up as pending that day. I did not check my balance on the 5th.

On the 6th my account shows a negative balance, 2 payments to Eversource appear to have posted on the 4th along with the groceries, but the Netflix is now showing posted the 5th along with the car insurance, and 2 overdraft charges at 35$ each. WTF. I called and said, "Hey how come no one got a message to me yesterday, I could have fixed this." She will not waive any fee because 2 transactions while in overdraft means they can charge 2 fees. She promised no third fee would be charged. She says that am not signed up for alerts. I said that I was sure I was and to put that back on. She says I have to do that myself on the website. I said that was stupid. She put me on hold. Transfers me to someone in IT and he is laughing saying that I was never signed up for alerts.

On the 7th I log in and see a third overdraft fee dated the 6th, and my payroll direct deposit. Well I closing the account I told myself, this is theft. On my lunch break I went to the bank to close the account. Teller says she can't do that. I ask why she says because the third overdraft fee is still pending and you need to keep funds in the account to cover that. I got loud and the manager came and looked with her says they can’t close it because of another automatic payment that was scheduled for the 8th not the overdraft fee. Makes me even madder. I took all my money out except what was needed to cover that. I decided to call customer service and complain again that afternoon, ended up getting the 3rd fee waived. He called it a one time courtesy. He was actually returning stolen money to me.

Went to the Stop and Shop Branch to close the account on the 8th. No argument from this teller but then she said, "I hope you do not have anything scheduled to come out automatically, if you do it will reactivate your account and will charge an overdraft fees." I said that was stupid. If the account closes why would the bank be obligated to pay my debts? "That's the policy," she said. I said she should work someplace where stealing money from your customers was against policy, not where stealing from us is the actual written policy. The manager told her to stop talking to me and asked me to leave nicely. Nicer than the last manager I had dealt with by far. A policy that allows Zombie bank accounts to accrue fees is 100% intended to make the bank profit.

Original review: June 27, 2018

This bank has horrible Customer Service! I had an open checking and savings account for the past few months with Citizens Bank. Apparently there was a balance from a 2015 account that they collected on, without my knowledge. This was taken out of my account at the SAME time as when I paid a bill, therefore causing my account to become overdrawn. Now they are charging me overdraft fees for something that they caused and won't let me close the account so they can keep adding fees. Worse bank I have ever dealt with and did I mention their customer service is awful, they are rude and don't have a clue what they are doing or which dept to send you to, etc.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have been a 20 year customer with this bank, from their start up in our state. That’s called loyalty. Something no longer appreciated at the top echelon of businesses anymore. I initially liked that the bank was local but could service me regionally when on the road with business. I have had it with this bank. I am done. I have multiple accounts including a business account, and have experienced the worst customer care. Citizens seems to have a constant turn over of bank and call center managers, supervisors and workers so there is never one person that gets to know who you are. Plan to take off an entire work day if there is a problem and to be on hold forever with customer care.

It’s a full-time job to try to accomplish resolving a problem. My problem has continued for nine months calling every month only to be given a new case number to no resolution. Their CEOs have quite a nerve to sit up in their ivory towers and not provide access to them when everything is failing beneath them. Do not do business with this bank. They will not adequately service you. They are not worthy of our money.

Original review: June 21, 2018

About 2 weeks ago I opened a checking acct. here. They went over all the rules/regs/fees with me and I agreed. The rep asked me if I wanted checks. and I said that I rarely use checks because I just use my debit card. He then asked me if I would like "just a few checks to have on hand". I shrugged and said yah, I guess that would be good. He never said that by saying that I would be charged $9.99 for one book of checks. During the next week I withdrew some cash leaving a balance of about $5.

I knew that my SS check would be going in a couple more weeks. The next day I received a package containing 1 book (30) checks... no check register, no plastic checkbook cover. I assumed these were the few checks he had offered me. Two days later I get a letter in the mail telling me that my acct balance was now minus $90 because I had overdrawn my account by the $9.99 that they took out for the checks that I had ordered! I knew this must be a mistake and I called the 800 number to straighten it out. They refused to admit that it had been a misunderstanding and refused to wipe out the fees. I am SO angry. They misled me and I am livid. I am now making arrangements to stop my direct deposit for the next month and I will open another account at a more reputable bank. Lesson learned.

Original review: June 20, 2018

For the past year my fiance's payroll check has been going through every Friday morning, over the weekends we would pay our bills and do our shopping like normal. Never any issue. Well this past weekend we had a total of $503 after a check was deposited. We spent a total of 425 over 6 different transactions. We did end up over drafting on Monday by $96 including a $35 fee which we had intended to bring current Tuesday. By Tuesday morning I discovered our account was negative $306... They are trying to charge us overdraft for the 6 transactions that were covered by the money that was deposited by his check. This is an outrage!!! I will be looking into filing a lawsuit, and will definitely be switching banks once these charges are fixed!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Do not bank with Citizens! I've been a customer with them for over 10 years and today learned they wiped out my account leaving me with $50 to survive on due to being late on my student loan payment. I called in advance to inform them this month's payment would be late (after paying consistently and on time) but they still took the money AND my monthly payments are $150! I called to explain that $50 is not nearly enough for me to survive on for two weeks and they basically said "sorry." As soon as I am paid again I'm withdrawing all my funds and moving to another bank. If I had not taken out cash yesterday for other purposes I would have no way of getting through these next two weeks. Inhumane practices and sub-par customer service, at best. Stay away from them!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been banking with Citizens Bank for over 4 years, and have yet experience anything positive with them. My latest disappointment is how they are handling my "account takeover" (fraud) situation. Two weeks prior to the incident taking place, I had to call in and replace my Debit card due to a fraudulent charge to my account even though the card was in my possession. At the time of my call, they only ask (for identity verification purposes) very minimal questions, super basic. Two weeks later, my account was hacked and looks like someone called in pretending to be me, created a whole new account and took out a bunch of cash from several ATMs.

The bank has not been helpful in making me feel safe in any way shape or form. In addition, they are taking their sweet time in putting the money back into my account. It's been over 8 days since I reported the incident and the bank has done nothing to resolve this problem or to ensure me that they will make an effort in protecting everyone's identity. Ironically enough, while I was at the bank talking to a representative another customer walked in saying his account was hacked too. It seems that only Citizens have such poor protection for clients against fraud, I never hear this from Bank of America. Can't wait to switch! DO NOT BANK WITH CITIZENS!!! - You've been warned!

Original review: June 15, 2018

This bank took $700.00 out of my account because of an error with Zelle. I spend over 2 Hours on the phone with them. They DON'T have any explanation about where the money is. They only tell me it take 52 hours to come back into the account. Sam ** is the worst customer service manager! This man was rude and has no business calling himself a manager or supervisor, he should call himself a **! The best part is how when you try to complain online, it will not send it to customer service.

Citizens Bank Company Information