Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.18/5

ChexSystems Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Sad pitiful company. They make crap up and lie which controls people lives Then do nothing they say they will. 4 months no report. I refuse to ever use a bank that allows a foreign ran company to control Americans the chance to survive.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

The ChexSystems submitted a report to NBKC Bank about me and/or my credit rating based on which they denied my CD Application. Of course, the bank was the loser of my deposits. However, when I inquired about it and asked directly to provide me with their report electronically, neither they did submit them electronically within 5 business days (as mentioned on their own website) but not even by mail based on my request for the report submitted through their own web page. When contact by phone and fax that is provided on their website, they didn't respond either of them. It looks like either of them are phony - and surprisingly, FDIC insured organizations like NBKC Bank relies on their report.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

This entity ought to go back and read a 101 book on the virtues of providing quality customer service. To have an entity that makes it impossible to speak to anyone, in todays day and age, is appalling. Additionally, they claim that on average a report will be mailed within 5 business days of filing a request. 15 days later and the report has yet to arrive. Banks and credit unions should find another consumer reporting agency to do business with. Service and accessibility are horrible.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I read other experiences and reports of this company, and I’m in the same situation. BofA closed my account because suspicious activity, I found out that I was hacked and scammed but they don’t care. Now I cannot open any account in other places, like banks, even I tried a credit union. Is not fear what happen, I ordered my report from Chex system and they cannot take in consideration what I’m passing through. Anyone knows where I can open an account?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I found out about ChexSystems this week when I went to Rockland Trust in Somerset, MA, to open a business checking and savings account and got denied for both because this company I never even heard of had flagged me as having Abused Accounts at Citizens Bank, NA. The branch manager at Rockland Trust gave me ChexSystems "Customer Service" number. I called and all I got was an outdated telephone system with no option to reach a live person. I spent close to 20 mins spelling, speaking, and entering numbers only for the system to say "Thank you, your report will arrive in 7 to 10 business days. Goodbye." What? I can check my credit report on my phone with a free app but for this scam they mail out your report? And these idiots can affect the relationship I have with the bank I use for personal accounts and credit cards? How is this even legal?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChexSystems?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Recently I applied for a new checking account and was denied. I asked why on Earth I was denied and was told that ChexSystems reported negative information about me. I asked the bank manager to see the report and she did, reluctantly, let me. What a load of fiction!! Reports from banks that I have never heard of and miscellaneous commentary which was total fabrication. ChexSystems has to be one of the worst and most fraudulent companies in the U.S. I immediately froze my report so they cannot disseminate any more lies. I suggest you do the same. And ALWAYS ask before you apply for anything, if they use ChexSystems. If they do - take your business elsewhere. This company is worse than worthless because they harm good people.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I may have been a victim of fraud. I called in to ChexSystems and spoke to Lionel. Lionel refused to give me ANY information and kept telling me I needed to request a copy of my report. NO empathy, in fact, long, awkward pauses on his end. He would not talk, he would not help me, and he would not even attempt to get a supervisor. I am going to dispute these claims and then I'm going to sue the living daylights out of them. They don't give customer service, they give snark, and condescension. Don't ever mistake the fact that they are NOT here to help you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I own a MIXED-USE building which consists of 12 tenant units, three of which are RESIDENTIAL APARTMENTS, plus a RESIDENTIAL COTTAGE in the rear of the property. ChexSystems has my property incorrectly coded in their database - they have it coded as a "COMMERCIAL" building, so anytime my RESIDENTIAL tenants go to the bank for any reason (to open a bank account, get an auto loan, etc.) they are immediately declined because ChexSystems says THE ADDRESS IS COMMERCIAL, NOT RESIDENTIAL!

I tried to open a security deposit account for one of my RESIDENTIAL tenants in this building, and the Bank couldn't open it because ChexSystems said my building is "Commercial" not "Residential!" I have been repeatedly writing to ChexSystems since July 7, 2017 to get this straightened out, to no avail. No ChexSystems HUMAN BEING will call me, you can't speak to a human being when you call ChexSystems... All I keep getting in response is their stupid Form Letters (July 10th, July 20th, July 30th, August 10th, and today, August 21, 2017).

ChexSystems Form Letters keep requesting my PERSONAL INFORMATION (address for the past five years, social security number, driver's license number and date of birth), which is irrelevant to this matter. I need ChexSystems to code my building correctly in their database - it has nothing to do with my personal social security number or driver's license! Yet I can't get a HUMAN BEING to speak to me, or get a phone number of a HUMAN BEING that I can call. ChexSystems is THE WORST!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Okay for starters, do not contact me by phone or mail. If you insist do it via email. That means if one of your CA' people wants to attempt to help me resolve the concern I am writing about. I have very mixed feelings regarding this company. They did do some decent things by me. Several years ago I became disabled with a head injury and some PITA took advantage of that by stealing my identity and committing some types of fraud. They had stolen a wallet with real ID and SSN and so forth. I have been told by one of the detectives that they also believe that false ID have been used with some of my true identifiers upon them. As if I need any more drama... It is stressful and confusing to me how they can do it and get away with it all.

While these ID thieves opened some accounts under alias variations of my true name they never ran these accounts into the ground -- meaning they did not bounce checks or overdraw these account that were attached to my Pii's. They were using my ID long term which is unusual. So my father who also has my name worked to clear my name with Chex Systems... They took all the odd addresses off and the names that were not true. That is great! I applaud them but realize it wasn't that big of a deal since there wasn't any monetary loss involved.

However now Chex Systems is asking me to prove that I did not live or use an address that shows up on my report. They have asked me to get a notarized document to this effect. What they are asking is ridiculous -- no notary is going to attest that I haven't used an address... in this case a mail drop -- so I obviously did not live there. Chex can verify this by googling the address to find out it is a UPS store. They can verify that I have never had an ID with the address by contacting the state that is involved but they haven't done so. They are putting the onus on me to prove that I did not use an address... How the hell am I suppose to prove that? This leads me to believe that the false ID has the address upon it but that would not be my fault or my doing. And regardless I would not be able to prove what they are asking.

Now the address in question is known to me but not mine. My father who had the same name as I do... was an attorney and had used this mail drop address in question for law firm related business. So it is possible because he was using this address to help me clean up ID theft and ID fraud that it has been assumed that his law firm's mail drop address was mine. Even if not true, I can see how this sort of assumption could play out. But I do not seem to be able to get a reasonable Chex employee to hear this.

I have tried to explain this a dozen times to the phone reps over the last two years with no success. I certainly believe that part of the issue is a language barrier but I do not want to be rude about that. So I am now aggravated. The address in question is not tied to any specific reporting event that would be cause for it to remain upon the historical address portion of my report. As I said earlier my actual file/report do not have any adverse actions reported and never did... so the clean up was more about the name and address variances that were not true and not attached in any way to me.

I too, as many others here have stated, asked for a supervisor after I got their letter saying that they would not remove this address unless I could get a notarized letter stating that the address was not mine nor used by me. I mean c'mon... No notary is going to attest to such a thing because they cannot prove it factual. So I find this 'fool's errand' that they have requested of me utterly ridiculous... Just take the damn address off already and stop being such a bunch of PITA's.

Can I get someone who is a supervisor to actually discuss this with me from Chex Systems? That is what I would like. I have already given them 20 forms of proof of ID... but I cannot create fact out of thin air... If something hasn't been true then what sort of proof can I really provide other than my statement that said fact isn't true.? I have a head injury but Christ... these people make me wish I had been lobotomized! It really is insane and not with any good reason. Please just take the bogus address off my files and reports... That is all I want... I want to complain to someone who actually can do something to fix the issue.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

They are horrible. They lie about all the information in the system. There is no accuracy in the report. They make it impossible to get a bank anywhere. Off one accident now I am paying it off. They still don't care.

ChexSystems Company Information