1.2/5 (48 ratings)

About ChexSystems

ChexSystems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChexSystems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChexSystems?

Original review: July 30, 2022

I got this letter in the mail today. It says, ''This letter is to inform you of your right to your customer 'Disclosure Report' as required by Colorado State Statute because ChexSystem... has received 8 inquiries about you within the past 12 months or has received negative furnished information about an account associate with you..'

The letter continues to state that to request the 'customer Disclosure Report', I need to provide my birth date, SS, address (current and past), etc. I am lost. ChexSystems' address is in MN. The letter references Colorado. While I live thousands miles away, with no friends, relatives and few businesses there. What is ChexSystem? Just because they said they got inquiries or 'negative info' about me, I should send them all my personal info? Why can't they be specific about what they got on me? There is a big difference between 'inquiry' and 'negative info'.

I have no debts, and I don't need any loans. Yet ChexSystem wants to threaten me with ambiguous wording like 'inquiries or negative info'. If an elderly in fragile financial and mental state got this letter, she would be so stressed out or panic, thus frantically hire someone to fix, which exposes her to more threats and fraud. I do recall opening a few accounts with a bank in Colorado recently. Can I ask them if they have inquired or reported me on ChexSystem?

Original review: May 13, 2021

Don't trust this company or any company that works with them. They don't even honor freezes. I tried to unfreeze my account and it ended up not even working so I had to move to another bank. When I tried to contact them I was answered by someone who could barely speak English who wasn't helpful at all.

Get buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

My CONSUMER SCORE DISCLOSURE REPORT as well as CONSUMER DISCLOSURE REPORT have NOTHING on them but addresses and inquiries viewed by banks. But apparently my score is 500 despite having 0 on my record. I called them and they even verified there is nothing on my report which NEGATIVELY affects me. Totally blows my mind how incompetent this system is. I can't even get a new credit union account in my city because of this. My credit score is 670-690 and I have 0 collections, 0 negative impacts on my credit score.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I was denied a credit union savings account due to ChexSystems report: "Insufficient DDA inquiry activity same FI" and "Recent unique FI DDA inquiry history." What does this mean?! Plain language please!

Original review: April 5, 2021

With much difficulty, I requested a report from ChexSystems after I was notified of a discrepancy by my bank. It seems someone entered my social security number along with a different person's name into the ChexSystem at some time. It was explained to me that this could either have been a clerical error as one or more numbers entered incorrectly or someone was fraudulently using my social security number. I was able to get a portion of the information from ChexSystems via phone. I was given instructions via phone to complete online. I did exactly as I was asked to do.

The report I received later in the mail DID NOT include the information that I was given on the phone. In a letter mailed to me with my report, ChexSystems said they had "initiated the process of reinvestigating this matter." They went on to say, "When the reinvestigation process is complete, Chexsystems will provide notification of the results." They DID NOT complete the investigation. They did remove the discrepancy so it will no longer show up in the future but they did not complete the investigation as they should have and as they told me they would. So I still do not know if someone was using my SSN fraudulently or if someone entered a key by mistake. Now they say the information is forever permanently deleted and they have no way to retrieve it and they can't understand why I'm upset.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This is a terrible company, I don’t understand why American financial institutions use this system. I have been waiting on a pin to lift a security freeze and I have yet to receive it after WEEKS!! Every time I call to ask how much longer and where it is being sent from I get another location which makes things even more frustrating. I have applied for a loan and the only thing I am waiting on is a pin from Chex to lift the security freeze... They only send it through the mail ... no tracking ... it’s not expedited ... no clue where it is ... nothing.

If this report is that important and ‘trusted’ by so many institutions don’t you think they should invest in better faster online solutions or tracking on ‘secure’ information being sent out! I even offered to verify my information at the location headquarters to lift the freeze but nope, the procedure is to send it through the mail no matter what which leaves me to believe it is probably being sent from overseas. If I can get a copy of my birth certificate online and open up account all online why should I be waiting a month to receive a pin? A PIN number! A month! This system should seriously be abolished.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I received a letter in the mail through the postal service from the company "Chex Systems, Inc." located at 7805 Hudson Rd. Ste. 100, Woodbury, MN 55125. The letter was informing me that Chex Systems had "received 8 inquiries pertaining to you within the past twelve months." Because of this I was entitled to a free report. First I was unfamiliar with this "credit reporting" company and find it disturbing that there are so many "unknown" reporting companies out there that we as consumers do not know about. Although I elected to obtain my report. My selection was to obtain the report online. The reason for only FOUR stars is because the website that the company has listed in the letter is invalid. I had to go directly to their website to obtain my report.

After locating the correct area of the site to request the report, I was able to complete the identification process and received my report in less than 10 minutes. So pretty easy and quick. As for the report...what report would be my question? At least in my case it contained very little information, although what it did contain appeared to be correct. Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth in for the next individual.

Original review: June 12, 2020

This company does not provide you the access needed to obtain whatever information is reported on their database. I placed a freeze on my report then requested that freeze be lifted online but they denied the request because I did not enter my PIN. There is no place to enter the PIN on the online form. Furthermore, you should be able to access the information this company is reporting by online methods or by calling the company and verifying who you are but you cannot. They are cryptic, do not provide easy access to whatever information they report to banks, and the hotline is completely useless. I am pursuing legal action against ChexSystems for not providing accurate information & for not providing obtainable information about what they are reporting to banks about consumers. I suggest anyone that has any adverse action reported by ChexSystems to do the same.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Sad pitiful company. They make crap up and lie which controls people lives Then do nothing they say they will. 4 months no report. I refuse to ever use a bank that allows a foreign ran company to control Americans the chance to survive.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

The ChexSystems submitted a report to NBKC Bank about me and/or my credit rating based on which they denied my CD Application. Of course, the bank was the loser of my deposits. However, when I inquired about it and asked directly to provide me with their report electronically, neither they did submit them electronically within 5 business days (as mentioned on their own website) but not even by mail based on my request for the report submitted through their own web page. When contact by phone and fax that is provided on their website, they didn't respond either of them. It looks like either of them are phony - and surprisingly, FDIC insured organizations like NBKC Bank relies on their report.

ChexSystems Company Information