3.9/5 (476 ratings)

About Certegy

Certegy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Certegy?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Yesterday I made a quick stop by Dollar General for a Dollar General gift card, birthday card, and some laundry supplies. After I wrote a personal check, the cashier informed me it was declined. I was shocked because I have never written a bad check to Dollar general and I knew the funds were there. I paid for the purchase with my debit card with no problems! I do not want to give this company all my personal info to get an explanation that will probably still end up being unclear.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Went into Lowe’s to buy a chain saw. My check was declined. Call Certegy and got a ** answer why my co check was declined and in 40 year I never bounce a check. This co is bogus. Company should be shut down. Have no idea what they are doing.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I had a MoneyGram money order that I bought at Walmart get lost in the mail. Moneygram sent a replacement. Certegy denied me cashing that at the literal Walmart I bought the original money order from. I called and got some super generic reason from robo voice mail which did nothing to explain the denial. No way to reach a human rep btw.

Original review: March 29, 2022

My went to a dollar store and wrote a check for 28 dollars. It got declined..they tried again and she wrote a second check. It got declined so I called my bank and they were not sure why it got declined. Come to find out it's this crazy company. So I called their number. No answer. How shocking. I called Dollar General with no help. I called the number they gave me. No help. But they did give me a new number to call. I asked if I was just getting passed around. So now I will try it. But it's not your business to know how much I write checks or even how much they are for just if they clear. Nice job.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Earlier this year filed a complaint against Certegy with the FTC. Now my card that has never been declined gets declined by Certegy, I can not get through to anyone in Certegy card services, I was able to get through to Certegy check services who is unable to give me the number for the card services department or the number to the CTX operator that would know the number for the card services department, they are even unable to transfer anyone to the correct department, the company has made it EXTREMELY difficult to get to anyone that can assist people and when you do get someone they have no information.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Walmart will sell you MoneyGram money orders and use Certegy as a third party no name company to deliver fake reasons for not cashing the same Moneygram money order. Stealing cash and then refusing to return it is criminal.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I bought a MoneyGram from my local Walmart and a few days later I really didn't need it. So I had my sister write it out to me and it was declined at the same Walmart that I purchased it from. You call the number on the decline receipt and there is no way to talk to a live person. I have the stub for the check but because I can not find the register receipt they will not cash or give me my money.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Crap Company, I tried cashing a Money Order in Walmart was declined. I called them, they said now it should work just wait 5-10 min and if it still doesn't work try going somewhere else. Nothing worked.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I have been on sick leave and out of pay status for many months. Certegy uses some sort of algorithm that flags any "unusual" activity as fraud WITHOUT actually contacting the check issuer, they just flat decline to cash the check. They should absolutely NOT have this power without A LOT more effort put toward due diligence and much more transparency about their processes, and accountability for the harm done to consumers.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I used to be able to cash checks without any issues at a local Walmart, safeway, or Fred Meyer but one day I tried to cash a very standard payroll check and was informed that it was declined. The store was unable to give me any information on why and certegy just gave me a generic vague statement of why I may have been denied. It's been nearly a decade since then and I am still unable to cash a check through any company that uses certegy for check verification. I've never attempted to cash any fraudulent checks and I have no idea why I would be blacklisted! You can't even do anything about it. This company is a joke.

Certegy Company Information