4.0/5 (547 ratings)

About Certegy

Certegy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Certegy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Certegy?

Original review: June 9, 2022

I had a MoneyGram money order that I bought at Walmart get lost in the mail. Moneygram sent a replacement. Certegy denied me cashing that at the literal Walmart I bought the original money order from. I called and got some super generic reason from robo voice mail which did nothing to explain the denial. No way to reach a human rep btw.

Original review: March 29, 2022

My went to a dollar store and wrote a check for 28 dollars. It got declined..they tried again and she wrote a second check. It got declined so I called my bank and they were not sure why it got declined. Come to find out it's this crazy company. So I called their number. No answer. How shocking. I called Dollar General with no help. I called the number they gave me. No help. But they did give me a new number to call. I asked if I was just getting passed around. So now I will try it. But it's not your business to know how much I write checks or even how much they are for just if they clear. Nice job.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Earlier this year filed a complaint against Certegy with the FTC. Now my card that has never been declined gets declined by Certegy, I can not get through to anyone in Certegy card services, I was able to get through to Certegy check services who is unable to give me the number for the card services department or the number to the CTX operator that would know the number for the card services department, they are even unable to transfer anyone to the correct department, the company has made it EXTREMELY difficult to get to anyone that can assist people and when you do get someone they have no information.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Walmart will sell you MoneyGram money orders and use Certegy as a third party no name company to deliver fake reasons for not cashing the same Moneygram money order. Stealing cash and then refusing to return it is criminal.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I bought a MoneyGram from my local Walmart and a few days later I really didn't need it. So I had my sister write it out to me and it was declined at the same Walmart that I purchased it from. You call the number on the decline receipt and there is no way to talk to a live person. I have the stub for the check but because I can not find the register receipt they will not cash or give me my money.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Crap Company, I tried cashing a Money Order in Walmart was declined. I called them, they said now it should work just wait 5-10 min and if it still doesn't work try going somewhere else. Nothing worked.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I have been on sick leave and out of pay status for many months. Certegy uses some sort of algorithm that flags any "unusual" activity as fraud WITHOUT actually contacting the check issuer, they just flat decline to cash the check. They should absolutely NOT have this power without A LOT more effort put toward due diligence and much more transparency about their processes, and accountability for the harm done to consumers.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I used to be able to cash checks without any issues at a local Walmart, safeway, or Fred Meyer but one day I tried to cash a very standard payroll check and was informed that it was declined. The store was unable to give me any information on why and certegy just gave me a generic vague statement of why I may have been denied. It's been nearly a decade since then and I am still unable to cash a check through any company that uses certegy for check verification. I've never attempted to cash any fraudulent checks and I have no idea why I would be blacklisted! You can't even do anything about it. This company is a joke.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Crap Organization - After calling Kroger and being told we could use a corporate check to buy a gift card so our staff could purchase dry ice. Got to store and Certegy declined check. Called their non-service number and went through all the multiple questions and no reason given. Called and no service. This is a 2-star crap company and I do not suggest anyone use them.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Walmart and any other company that uses this low-level company needs to be ashamed. This company does not offer authentic check verification services. I went to Walmart to cash an insurance check from Wawanesa and the check was declined. I was mortified. I called the company and was presented with a robo answering machine type person who did not understand the English Language and could not decipher the words that were coming out of my mouth. I tried spelling my name, repeating it again and again and still..the machine robot got it wrong. I decided to download the dispute form and it dawned on me that this is a low hanging business that is owned by robots.

They want personal information DL, SS# okay but why do you need my bank's routing number when the check I was trying to cash was not drawn on my bank. I decided that I was not even going to pursue the matter because I haven't cashed a check in years and it will be a new decade before I attempt to cash a check at cut-rate Walmart whose entire business is going downhill fast anyway. They have forgotten how to treat people and keeping a service like Certegy is an indication that you want to do everything at a cut-rate Quality does not matter.

Certegy Company Information