cenlar.com

3.8/5 (409 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I have an overage of $4000 in my escrow account for my mortgage. Upon further looking, they claimed they mailed a check for this amount. This never happened. Since I never cashed the never received check I complained about, they keep putting the $4000 into this escrow account from year to year. Should be illegal. They apologize but continue with this foolishness.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Here is the detail. The Sept 2022 payment was made from two sources, which the company didn't accept. However, since this was a court related issue we made a conference call between Cenlar and the two of us (payers) and the customer service accepted this one time payment from two sources as an exception. Then I paid the October 2022 payment from a single source over Cenlar automatic payment system. When I check my online account around last week of Oct 2022 I saw the payment of both Sep and Oct was not honored. I called Cenlar customer service to know why. She said that the payment was not authorized by my bank. (I pay directly from my debit account). I called my bank and asked why it was not authorized. The bank replied that they did nothing and the payment has been processed as requested. They gave me the special number associated to the completed payment.

I get back to the Cenlar to claim. They asked me a reference number for the payment so that they can research the issue. I provided it. After a week when I ask what is the status, they said reference number is not enough and they need bank statement. I sent the bank statement. After some days when I call and ask the status, they said bank statement is not enough and they need the bank transmittal number. I sent the bank transmittal. Finally, after all this they told me the answer they told me at the beginning, the payment was not authorized.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Right now I'm am moving after being evicted from my home I've been in for 25 years, I remodified my loan making payments and then I got my check returned and then I get a knock on my door from some guy telling me my house is being auctioned that morning no notice never served and now here I am. I filed with the FBI and other agencies. Now I have to move until it's resolved.... BEWARE OF CENLAR.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I got a loan for a duplex and that company sold my loan to Cenlar. Truly disturbing. In the middle of November, I received a demand letter for payment on my loan. I never heard of the company and thought it was a scam. I called my company and informed them they had been hacked and then they explained to me they are the new company. Tonight on 12/13/2022 Justice the manager verified they did Not send me a welcome letter. My original company took my November payment. They informed me Not to give Cenlar any money or any information as they will send everything to them. I thanked them and moved on.

On December 1st Cenlar took a payment early. So, I thought. Then on December 5th they took another payment. I called to find out what was going on. They informed me it takes up to 60 days to get our money and so you are behind. They acknowledge they know I made my payment however they are so GREEDY they don't care. They want their money now.

Cenlar has Not communicated with the other company and I have had to play middle woman for the past 2 weeks. I explained to Justice tonight that, "Dorothy explained to me you have not sent a request for the money and you need to do that." He said he would but I still need to send them the money. I asked why and he stated because I am behind in my payments. I then asked Justice, "If you are requesting the money I paid and I send you a payment I double paid, so what happens to the money." He refused to answer the question and I asked twice. He then informed me they were going to start letting the credit bureau know I am late. I told him I had proof I paid, and I can send it to you. He stated no need to.

No one informed me and Justice feels as though I should have somehow known and paid them and not the company I got the loan from. So sad. They have No care for people. They only want money whether you owe it or not. They refuse to work with me. They refuse to have any compassion, grace nor mercy even though they know I made my payment. Justice acknowledged it takes 60 days for all the transitions to happen, but in the end they do Not care and they want double payment. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I HAD NO CHOICE, Erica even acknowledge they changed my original contract which to me seems like that should be illegal. I set my payments to come out on the 7th of each month and they changed it to the 1st, because they want their money.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

CitiBank mortgage gave my loan account to this incompetent business. Can't cover all the problems because I'd could write book. When calling customer service about a simple question or answering a simple question, I've literally been put on hold for hours. Then if they couldn't answer one of my questions, they would just hang up (at least 5 or 6 times).

It actually took them nearly 9 months to recast our loan . We paid $150,000 in advance to lower our monthly payments. I asked repeatedly over several months what my new payment would be. So they gave us an estimate and we paid based on that. Well, rate went up a bit, maybe $60-$70. So, they cashed our check and then told us they hadnt received a payment. Oh, and after one of the many hours trying to speak with someone, they inform me that because the check was short, they sent a check back to us so they could claim nonpayment. Remind you, this was after I gave them $150,000 in advance. Final word, Do Not Use CitiBank for a mortgage of any kind. Do Not Use CITIBANK!!!! Maybe they'll get the message and dump Cenlar. One star was too much to give them!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Citibank was my initial loaner. Without any explanation, they moved me to CENLAR and it has been a nightmare. Cenlar bought a propriety insurance for me, because they do not accept the ones I have with the building association, which they have accepted for the last ten years. When I contacted the supposed company from which they bought that insurance, it is a company that offers you a $ 100 reward from Walmart. That company doesn’t exist. Now they are charging me late fees for three month because they are not accepted my regular payments. They are asking me to pay 700 dollars more per month. Cenlar is also charging late fees on top of everything. I applied to another leaner and Cenlar gave such a bad review that I was unable to move away from this Company. It is a real disrespectful service what Cenlar does to its clients.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

This company is so unprofessional, does not communicate and will sit and sit with excuse after excuse to give you the run around forever more until they claim they do not have what they need and your home is now facing foreclosure. These crooks know what they’re doing and someone needs to be audited instead of taking people's hard earned money and homes a way to benefit their own.

It’s so sad to be dealing with a modification over a year and a short sale for over two years for them to tell you, "We need this one document or else we cannot help." Who honestly does this to a retired veteran just getting out of the military after 23 years of service trying to do a short sale to another veteran that they deny to sell a home at $377,000 when it’s valued at 425,000. Keep in mind this is a short sale. These crooks will do whatever they can to promise everything but they wait for the time to go buy until it’s time for foreclosure. Just another way for them to write off tax. Please advise if you have to come across this company in any way, shape or form get an attorney!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I got away from CENLAR 2 years ago. But I told myself that I would continue to post negative comments about them. It was so bad for me I could not even get a payoff quote when I got ready to refinance. I could go on and on. But in short, it's nothing but gross incompetence! And I also say, shame on Citi Bank for partnering with such a lousy company! It makes me never want to do business with Citi Bank either.

I keep asking, where is the accountability? It appears Cenlar continues to operate with impunity. But, perhaps, one day they will be held accountable if people continue to file grievances with their elected officials including your States Attorney General's Office. But, I would also urge people to contact the following organization: **. If you have not already contacted them, please do so. I got results, and you can too! Check out their site for more information. But, more than anything, my hope is that one day they will be held accountable and put out of business.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had 9 mortgages with Citi from 2007 until Cenlar took over circa 2019. Perfect history! Then Cenlar said I was months ahead on some loans, behind on others. (All payments were made via BillPay, my bank directly to Cenlar.) They were apologetic, in writing, then did nothing. Late fees added up, my credit score was shredded, even the HUD counselor they referred could not get through to them. They promise to correct the problems, then ignore you. I sold many properties just to get away from them. I couldn't refi because they ruined my credit. They should be indicted for something. They destroy people's hopes with impunity. (After a conference call, I didn't hang up, and overheard the two Cenlar employees laughing about the stupid customers). Get away if you can!

Original review: April 14, 2022

As a first-time homeowner, military veteran. It is a nightmare to work with this company. They do not follow up with their customers when assistance is needed. My mortgage doubled due to the increase of property taxes in Texas. I am exempted in paying property taxes. Mar 25th I submitted my benefit letter from the VA, they needed additional document. Apr 7, I submitted a letter from my County Tax Assessor exempting me of my property taxes (apparently they do not honor that letter). They were looking for the Tax billing for this year's property taxes (which I received last week). I am now sending this email out today. Other vets had said the letter from the County Tax Assessor should have sufficed. But this company fails to honor it. On top of all this I'm the one who has to call in to get follow-ups on the status. Not one email, or call back. An automated email would populate stating to give them 10 days to review the document/s, but nothing after.

This company, I do not know how they continue on with their business. They are a disgrace to our military who can not have a peace of mind because this company do not honor various letters exempting them from paying property taxes, land that they deserve and fought for. Lesson learned: When choosing a lender, READ REVIEWS. I should of known prior to accepting Cenlar as my mortgage lender.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information