2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

cenlar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2020

Cenlar is the worst mortgage company I've worked with and it's been a few. Ask them a simple request and they will essentially do the opposite. Ask a simple question and they will not read it but rather give you a stock answer several days late. Good luck to anyone who is stuck with them...

Original review: June 17, 2020

Cenlar has been the WORST mortgage company I have ever deal with. HORRIBLE customer service, they lie to you, they don't help you solve the problem and they withdraw money from your account without permission. They have you on hold for 40 minutes just talk to a supervisor and for NOTHING! They don't help you even knowing it was their mistake. I been with them for one month and I'm ready to move my loan to someones else. I will make a complain to the Attorney General's office as well.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2020

They don't even deserve a zero. I have now called three different times. Been hung up on twice and then dropped while being transferred. Too bad that my HELOC was sold to them. Customer service is awful, hold times are in the double digits. Run away from them if possible. This company is TRASH.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Cenlar has been an absolutely horrible experience for me and my wife. Every month there is always something wrong with our payment even with auto draft. One month they will all withdraw almost $5000 then the next month nothing!!! We have called constantly trying to resolve the problem which never ever ever gets resolved. We are sick and tired of dealing with these people! This should not be that difficult but apparently it is for Cenlar. Perhaps they need to find another line of work because they are obviously too incompetent to do what they are doing now!

Original review: June 4, 2020

Our refinanced mortgage was sold onto them. But it has been very confusing. We were with Contour Mortgage with the same loan number when it transferred to Cenlar. There is an issue with the first payment I made by check. According to their escrow statement they did not receive it. I sent it in June but they are trying to tell me it was received in May and is listed as July. I have called them three times, written 5 times, talked online and still it is not resolved or properly accounted for. The missing amount is making the escrow analysis wrong and they want us to fund our escrow with an extra $1200. As soon as we can get out of this crisis we are moving our mortgage.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. Their staff are generally rude and indifferent or cannot resolve anything. They cannot put you through to someone who has the power to do anything. I was told to call Contour mortgage to resolve the missing payment issue as it happened when they were managing our account, but when you call Contour Mortgage's number their phone system puts you straight through to Cenlar. Sooo dodgy and no one believes you or helps you. With all these complaints I do not understand how they remain in business or have not been investigated. Surely they do not qualify to hold any financial licences?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: May 20, 2020

How do you get somebody with AUTHORITY TO LOOK INTO THE MORTGAGE PRACTICES OF CENLAR? I had to go through a chapter 13 reorganization, I did get a loan modification,however ever since it has been a total night mare with CENLAR. I had a lawyer send in money orders for 90 days, then I got the modification sent in the first payment and I have not missed a payment since, now they are telling me I am 4 months behind which is impossible because the loan modification is only 4 months old! Now they will not respond, and all they will say is I have to contact the lawyers representing cenlar!!! What a joke! How do you get a federal judge to look into this company???

Original review: May 20, 2020

I been dealing with the company for about 5 months trying to get my payments fixed since they raised my monthly mortgage payments without explanation. When they finally fixed it they deleted 4 months of payments I have already make and they also received and posted on my monthly statement but yeah still deleted from my actual account. I have sent them several messages and I have called several times and I have to wait over 3 hours without a response. When they do answer they keep transferring me and my call never gets to the right person.

I don’t know how this company still in business and I would like to know how to file a lawsuit against them. We are so many of us having so many issues with them taking out and not applying it to our mortgage account. I don’t understand how can they keep stealing from customers without getting their licenses suspended and business shut down. We all need to get together to file a lawsuit against this trash company.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Citibank turned my second mortgage over to Cenlar. It’s been nothing but a headache since. They are saying I missed a payment but I have not and have all the proof. You can never talk to the same person and nothing is ever solved. My idea is that we need to file a class action lawsuit against them. So I know there is more of you with similar issues. They have reported to my credit that I missed April payment. But I have a bank statement that says I didn’t.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I have an 80/20 mortgage loan which the 20% was with Citi Mortgage before Citi decided to hand over my mortgage to Cenlar Central Loan Administration, I went into my account on central loan administration's website and went through the payment process and what I thought at the time submitted my payment. So I checked my credit report and saw I had a 30 day past due report on my credit report. Which I have never had a 30 day past due report on my credit report! Turns out it was with Cenlar and evidently by mistake my payment had never posted.

Now I call and try to explain to Cenlar that I had tried to make a payment and I was not aware that the payment did not submit (I had more than enough money to cover the payment) so I contacted customer support which I tried to explain what happened and to see if they were willing to remove the negative reporting on my credit report (which can be done) and they told me that they will not remove the negative report which will now be on my credit report for 7 years and dropped my credit score by 59 points. Even though I have already contacted them and caught up my payment for the next two months! Thank you Cenlar for being the great crooks that you are!!

Original review: May 9, 2020

I have had a second mortgage on my home (a smaller loan like 30k) with Cenlar for a couple years, they are completely unresponsive. Went to refinance and everything was all approved and a go but Cenlar would Not sign a subordination letter. Real simple. Happens all the time even written out for them just to review and sign. No response. Either they have no training or no expertise for simple subordination letters or they are fraudulently trying to have their existing clients default. I would avoid CENLAR at all costs. And don't expect to get through to them if you have any covid related financial difficulties either. This is a greed and stupid machine that will not survive long because folks will sue them eventually.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information