1.15/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

Looking for a loan company?

617 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

Re-fi'd with Cenlar three years ago. The application process was online and easy, all my questions were answered promptly with a phone call to their rep. I got a good rate and their billing and notifications are on time and comprehensive.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I'm also in the Citibank to Cenlar transition. I will start by saying I just had a very professional and helpful call with a Cenlar rep-- she gets gold stars. However, my key complaints are:

1) We never received any information from Citi or Cenlar about the transfer to Cenlar to service the loan. She acknowledged I'm not the first to tell her this.
      2) I received the first statement from them about 5 days before the next payment was due (which is today). She clarified the due date was the date we set up to pay, and that there is a 15-day grace period beyond that, and that during the transfer, there is a 60-day blackout period where no negative actions can be taken against the borrower.
      3) My first 3 calls to Cenlar were via a maddening phone tree, which then dropped my calls after navigating through the access channels multiple times.

4) Nowhere on the statement do they let you know whether or not your auto-draft set up previously with Citi is still operative, and there is no place on the statement that reveals how their first payment collection was made. (Are they reporting a draft taken by Citibank? Did they themselves take the bank draft using credentials transferred by Citi?)

I haven't really used the website yet except to try to get a phone number (says unavailable) and I couldn't even find the chat link referred to on another information page. So the jury is out on how well that will function. Final resolution is that I don't have to do anything; that my auto bank drafts will continue uninterrupted. My actual wait time was not terribly long, either-- only about 10 minutes. She said that today was unusually quiet but that it's been non-stop for the reps there, with people often having waited a long time.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My mortgage was sent to Cenlar as well. I've had to deal with their customer service twice, so far no complaints. I also think the website has more options, especially when it comes to making additional payments. You can choose up to 9 additional payments. Today I made 3 additional payments. I don't like when banks restructure and send mortgages to 3rd party companies, but as long as there are no issues, shouldn't be any problems.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My husband and I bought our first home in Florida back in 2016. Our mortgage was sold to Cenlar a few months after closing. So far we have no complaints. The website is always available aside from routine maintenance and is easy enough to navigate. If it helps anyone I use the Google Chrome browser to log on. I know it's working because I just logged on this morning. They have features such as Budget Draft that are helping us pay off our home faster. This is when they split the mortgage in half to be paid biweekly. You also can set it up for payments to only come out of your account when you get paid. It's a nice alternative to refinancing because you can automatically take whatever extra principal payments you want every 2 weeks. Doing this has turned a 30 year mortgage down to a 10 year one and even if things get rough we can stop having them take out the extra principal payments with a simple phone call.

That being said I took off a star for a reason. As with any company, dealing with customer service can be a crap shoot. Some representatives are very helpful and give me what I need in a short amount of time. The reps who helped me set up the budget draft were great and I haven't had a problem since. Some don't know what they are doing.

Once I wanted to know when I could get the PMI taken off my loan and whoever I dealt with didn't know how to help me. I wound up just figuring it out myself. Sometimes the hold times are long too. As irritating as that can be the solution is simple. Hang up and call back when they are less busy if you do not have the time or patience to wait. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows you can't always get to all the calls when so much is going on. It doesn't have to mean they don't care about your call. It could be as simple as not having enough ears and mouths on staff to take it right that second. Also if you get stuck with a goober on the phone don't be afraid to hang up and try to get a better rep.

One suggestion I have to Cenlar is to be very clear when offering disaster "help." After Hurricane Irma knocked a 5 ton tree on our house in 2017 we reached out to Cenlar. They said they could pause our payments for 3 months while we figured out how we were going to tackle the repairs and tree removal. What they didn't tell us is that when those 3 months were up we were going to have to pay all three months mortgage in full. So this was more of a "die another day" strategy than actual help. We were under the impression that once we resumed payments it would be one month at a time and it would take just a bit longer to pay off the loan. Luckily we had the money to cover it or we would have been screwed.

All in all Cenlar hasn't given us any real problems. All our payments come out on time and are correct. If you get the right agent on the phone they can solve your problems quickly and efficiently. Some agents just need more training. Any company can have issues like that. Just be patient and check your settings for login problems. If they are that terrible try refinancing with a new company. As far as we care concerned we have no reason to waste money on jumping a ship that's not sinking.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

If you want to work with a Company with zero customer service or appreciation you found the right one. They fail at most other areas, but rank in the highest for no service. It is 2019 and to this day you can't email them. They give you a Fax# 843 413 7122, it very seldom works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My mortgage with Citi never had issue. Since move to Cenlar, no services at all. I called on the phone. Was wait for more than 50'. Nobody answer the phone. Finally the people who is answering the phone but still cannot fix issue. She promise callback which never did. I call again again again. Enough. I am looking for a new loan company now.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Was catching back up with Citi mortgage after a hardship. I was two payments from current and my loan was sold to Cenlar. Ever since it has been nothing but a headache. They would not take any partial payments so I agreed to a 5 month repayment plan (this was the best the agent claims they could do). When I go to make a payment 5/24 the agent would not take it and tells me to resubmit the plan and call back in a week to pay. When I call back this agent says it is now a new month and the plan is expired (the agent did admit that the plan was received on 5/16 and that the last agent should have taken payment) But there was nothing they could do now to help out. Best option recommended was to submit a hardship package and see if the underwriters would approve and extended repayment plan, I was also told this would keep me out of foreclosure.

Well, that was a lie. I am currently in foreclosure. I submitted this package 6/5 and it is now 9/4. Every time I call they claim they need something else submitted and every time it’s "this is all that is needed" but I send it via email, wait two days and call only to be asked for something else. It is as if they are trying to foreclose, I went from two payments behind to now 6 payments behind all because one of their agents screwed up. But hey, they don't care. Not sure how to get away from them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Zero Stars!!! Terrible Company!! Will be talking to BBB soon about their incompetence!! Since setting up my Mortgage Account online four months ago, I have not been able to make an online payment period. I've contacted Customer Service multiple times and send multiple questions through their "Ask A Question" tab, to no avail. They say it's my browser's problem. I've tried all browsers, and my phone, none can make an online payment.

So recently I called once more for answers, as they now charge a fee for telephone payments; and I gave them my account number, address, etc. and they could not verify my account with the information I set the account up with, so they wouldn't address my problem. I asked to speak with a supervisor, but because they couldn't verify I was an account holder even with the loan's account number they wouldn't forward me to a supervisor.

This is SO FRUSTRATING. If they have a free phone pay plan, because you can't pay online, they shouldn't change it to a pay to pay your mortgage plan and make additional money off of their web page problem. It's their Problem, but it's my problem if the mortgage doesn't get paid. I have not had one good experience since my loan was transferred to Cenlar!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I was in a loan modification thru Citi when they sold it to Cenlar. When I called in to make my payment they said I wasn't able to at that time because all of the documentation from Citi was not in their system. After continuation of attempts to pay my monthly payment they continued to deny my payment because of paperwork. After 3 months I received a foreclosure letter with sale date. I quickly attempted to remedy it by doing a loan mod thru them. They sent paperwork too. 14 days to get to me and I returned all documents within 24 hours - overnight red to them.

After calling every day after the 5 day the lady that was having two conversations - one with me and one with her college about going on a cig break. Soon as she got me off the phone all the while laughing about my situation. Tells me, "File has been closed. Nothing you can do. It's going to auction. Start moving." I've been in my house for 17 years and my 4 kids have been growing up in that house their whole lives and for a company to not work with people is astounding. If your loan is sold to them refinance as fast as you can away from them!!!! FYI they are trying to sell it for value and not what is on loan.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This week I received an unexpected check from Cenlar regarding mortgage loan recording fee. Check received last week of August and is dated for July 10. I do not have a mortgage or any other loan with Cenlar. Check looks like some kind of bulk print up check that might actually be a phishing expedition to find out where I bank.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information