2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

cenlar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: March 31, 2021

I would rate 0 Stars if I could. Little to no help available from this company. It has only been a few months and I already want to find a different company. Totally incapable of handling responsibilities on their end like paying my property TAXES out of my escrow account so I don't get letters saying a tax lien will be put against my home!.

Original review: March 19, 2021

This is the worst company ever. I sent in extra amounts on my mortgage payments and was told the amount would be place in a unapplied account. It wasn't. It was used to pay my escrow. Can't get any help from this company. The CSRs are useless and they never get a supervisor or manager involved. They lie all the time about fixing your problems and don't. This company should be out of business. I have no clue how Citimortgage sold them my account. Worst experience ever. One star is way too high.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Called in February 2021, agreed to the option of payments from COVID-19 forbearance put at end of loan. Was told to call back end of February to confirm underwriting approval. Called. They had charged off my account instead. Said they didn't understand why, but nothing they could do. Really?

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have two houses with different mortgage, but both under the Loan Administration management. They made a mistake to send wrong insurance (loan B money paid to loan A insurance ) in Dec, 2020, and they can NOT even correct till now. It's over 4 months, and I spent hours and hours to call, explained the problem to each CSR again and again, and every time I was told that'd be fixed in a few days. But it NEVER! Not able to talk to manager or supervisor, my phone just got shut off in the middle of waiting after I already spent 45 + minutes waiting, explaining, requesting, then NOTHING!!

I have talked to the insurance agent and insurance company, explained how the money was paid wrong. They got it, and they refunded the check. But the check was back to loan A, so Cenlar paid again!!!! I called insurance again, they refunded again, now the check is back to Loan A, which is wrong!!!! That money should go back to loan B, but just this simple action, I took weeks and months to call, to request, nobody doing anything! My house A got damage in Jan, luckily my insurance company picked up the repair cost. I don't know what going to happen if it was my house B?? Really frustration they can not fix the problem. Add to another level of problem, so they send me the tax form for house B, with the wrong insurance money!! That also screwed my Tax stuff, as house B is investment property, house A is my primary.

Most ironically, when I called them point out the problem, the CSR said it's insurance company mistake, they only paid the inv they received. That's totally **!! I checked the insurance invoice, it had my name, my property address, and the insurance policy number, all these point to loan B, not the loan A (only name is the same, other info are all different). Whoever took the invoice not even do a basic check, totally incapable to perform such a simply task!!! At the last, I do NOT even give them 1 star if the system allows to give 0 star!! They're the worst company I have ever dealt with, and I don't even know when my property insurance will be fixed!!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have contacted and spoke to customer service over a dozen times to request urgent documentation related to a pending refinancing transaction. Cenlar repeatedly responded late or not at all. When they do respond, they send out the wrong information. I have asked to speak to a supervisor each and every time but nobody returns my call. To add insult to injury, it takes almost an hour to get through to a live customer service agent. I had the same lack of results speaking to a "live chat" agent - who literally ended the chat mid conversation. I even tried the online messaging center. The answer is always the same - Cenlar sends out the information they choose - which is NOT what I asked for or need - or simply doesn't respond at all!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This story is like everyone else’s. No customer service, waiting hours on the phone for any type of assistance and no one knows anything. Citibank is responsible. First I’m going to the attorney general and then I am going to place as many ads as I can to get a class action against this company that is trying to swindle thousands of dollars from hard working people!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My home mortgage was sold/taken-over by Cenlar in February 2020. After making regular on time payments for nearly a year with additional partial payments twice monthly, in December 2020, the company returned 1 of my electronic bank drafts which was in excess of the required scheduled monthly payment. I called in January telephone and spoke with a company representative, I was informed that Cenlar would not accept any partial payments.

After explaining to that representative the payment for December as well as all previous ones had been made in full - that partial was and additional principal amount. He then restated the company position (as he understood it) and informed me that and concluded by saying they were a collection company. Could be reported to credited agencies. Refused my request to transferred to the manager. The representative rudeness resulted in my refinancing with another lender and loss of interest payments payments to Cenlar.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Due to Covid 19 I requested a forbearance for my mortgage and was approved. Only 1 payment was missed during this approved period and despite promises I could apply for a deferment, which I have had to do 3 times, I am harassed DAILY about a late payment. No answer to my request has been given and every representative gives different info. No managers can ever be reached, no calls are returned, and no information in writing is ever provided. Representatives are rude, ill trained and do not know how to handle simple requests. I would rather saw off a toe than deal with them another day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I am in the middle of applying for a new mortgage on an investment property and was informed by the lender that my previous mortgage company; Cenlar, reported my payment late in June 2020. [During this time I was on Covid forbearance and also transferred to PennyMac.] I called the number from the credit report, waited on hold for 56 minutes, and was told to send my bank statements and credit report to customerservice@loanadministration.com which I promptly did. I received an automated email back stating they could not assist me through email and to log onto their website and speak to a rep through their chat. I promptly did this. I was informed that they could not pull the email I sent and I would have to fax the documents.

I asked to speak to a manager and was then told they WERE able to pull the email with the documents. After reviewing the documents the rep stated it would take 60 days for them to review it and make the correction. I quickly explained that I did not have 60 days as I am currently in the middle of applying for another loan; and I asked to speak to a manager. The rep told me they could not give me a number to a manager. I asked again to speak to a manager, this time she said she would put in a request for a manager to call me back in 24 hours. No one ever called me.

I logged into the chat again today, had to speak to 3 different reps because they all kept closing the chat on me. I was told they were not able to help me through chat and I had to call 800-223-6527. I called and the rep was not even able to pull up my account. I was on hold for 30 minutes with this rep for her to tell me I needed to call **. I called the number, it asks you to put in your account number. It says it cannot find my account number and never gives an option to speak to a rep. Legally they cannot report your payment as late when you are on the Covid forbearance. This is costing not only myself but also my investment partner money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

It has only been since November/December 2020 that I've had a bad experience with this company. I don't know if something has changed within their department for such harassment to be occurring. Example: This December, I received an automated call on a Saturday that I need to take care of my December payment. The recording gave me an option to set up a payment arrangement, which I made for the following Friday. It made NO difference, I continued to receive calls almost every 20 minutes throughout the day. I called to find out if there was a possible glitch in their automated system and I reached a gentleman who was very nice, he apologized and said he would make a notation. That day and Sunday was fine---then come Monday, it started again with call after call after call...

I called again and spoke to a lady who was very nice and apologetic. She too said she would make a notation and said it was their automatic system. The rest of Monday was fine, but again come Tuesday, the calls kept coming. Bottom Line---It is ridiculous and misleading to offer an option whether it be via your automated system or via the Two (2) people I spoke with, because obviously it makes absolutely "No" difference because I was continued to be harassed. It is very disheartening. Again, I am not sure if there was all of a sudden some shake up within Cenlar's company to cause this type of harassment--but that is why I originally thought it was a malfunction in their automated system because for the most part, everyone I speak with at Cenlar seem nice and respectful.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information