Cenlar Central Loan Administration

cenlar.com

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Talked with several of their representative and each provide a different information, none that was fully accurate. Their interdepartmental communication is a joke. My home inspection took 4 phone calls and 7 working days for it to be schedule and at the end I end up calling the inspector myself. That is when they told me that the request were just booked yesterday instead of 7 days earlier. Once the inspection were completed took them 2 weeks to review and release my funds which according to them is a 2-3 day process. Further to that, my insurance payment that they were holding was not released on time and was neglected for 2 weeks. This process should have been resolved in 5-8 business day but with their incompetency and poor management/leadership took over 5 weeks.

This company is a complete disaster! I've had a problem with them for more than three years. Every month, I send my payment and afterwards, receive a letter stating that they never got my payment. I've repeatedly sent bank statements as proof. I was scammed with a modification saying that my payment from 5.5% and that my new mortgage would be 4.5%, which means my payment would decrease. But, "shockingly" the payment was higher than my original payment. This is a scam. After this horrifying catastrophe, they continuously threatened foreclosure and afterwards, I had no choice but to pay them way too much money to avoid this.

Last month, in December, the company took the payment from my bank account on December 13th. I have the bank statement as proof. I called CENLAR and they said I owe a payment for both December and January, while January's bill hadn't even been sent to me as of yet. Also, every day I get a voicemail from the company saying I need to contact them. Every single day. Calling customer service is a headache in itself. Everyone tells me something different.

Today, I contacted them and after putting me on hold for ten minutes, she said she had found proof that I had previously sent in regarding my payments. She then left me with a customer service representative. The representative then told me the same thing saying I still owe for both December and January. This company has killed my credit from 712 to 600. I have to go to court because of this awful company that has harassed me, killed my credit and is overall an incompetent, irresponsible, and stupid company.

Cenlar has serviced two of my loans in the past, and they are leaps and bounds the worst out of any banking related practice in almost 20 years. I once worked in the finance industry and have seen some shady things as well. The call centers are filled with workers who are not trained and have no idea what your needs are as a customer. I have been Homestead Exemption qualified for my most recent home, and even filed all the papers myself and forwarded to them FOUR TIMES over the course of 11 months. They continue to say they never received however I showed them proof via Email. The still did not honor it and have yet to reimburse us the monies owed. If you are in any similar situations, I suggest getting lawyers involved if it's worth your time. WORST COMPANY!!!

I also had numerous problems with Cenlar. They are a nightmare of incompetency and inefficiency. My credit union tried to help me when I complained to them about all of the problems I was having with my property taxes, which were paid twice and my hazard insurance which they paid three times in one week! That messed up my escrow so they raised my payments! I finally filed a complaint with OCC and they resolved the issues within a few weeks.

I received a delinquent tax bill for a property tax installment which Cenlar was supposed to pay on my behalf. They state the payment was made and the tax collector refunded the payment back to Cenlar. The tax collector has no record of either transaction. I have been contacting Cenlar for 3 1/2 months to receive documented proof of both transactions. 3 1/2 months have passed and they will not provide the documentation. The best they can do is "submit a request". Each and every time I call to follow up they say "I'm sorry ma'am. All I can do is submit another request." This is the worse mortgage company I've ever dealt with. Avoid at all costs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

They are the worst bank ever in history!!! My loan was purchased by them. I had a 800 credit score and have never been late on a payment in my life!!! We sent them our first payment. They sent it back. We resent it. They called and said, "You're 60 days late!!!" Wtf are you talking about!!! They reported to credit bureau and I went from 800 to 605. They have the worst customer service ever!!!

I had to refinance for a lower house payment in order to keep my home. It started with Loan Depot, they sold my mortgage to Cenlar so, I thought, this may be better, but this company is worse than Loan Depot. I have tried for a year to start biweekly ACH payments. They promise it will start next month, and twice I missed checking, and got hit with a late fee. They promised to credit the late payment, but has not yet done so! My daughter is sure Cenlar is trying to steal my home.

My husband and I are both tax exempt. We closed our first year in late October, which made us pay taxes on our account. Since then for past two years I have faxed tax documents stating and showing he is tax exempt. I have faxed documents 7 times! Each time I get a different operator they state they never received it. They then give me yet another number to fax documents to. Seems like no one knows what or where I should be sending my paperwork. This is the most unorganized company there is. Seems like no one there knows what's going on. We are fed up with Cenlar. We are at the point to where we are going to hire a attorney and write to our senator.

Thankfully, I don't have insurance with this company, but my flood insurance company has chosen them to manage the claim fund disbursements. To that end, I'm deeply saddened that I've been led to encounter this awfully managed organization. They are obstructive in their policies. They behave as though our funds belong to them. They have unreasonable mandates and policies that aren't mentioned on their supposedly all-inclusive website. When you reach their operators, they are unprofessional and inconsistent. I've had pleasant and courteous calls before, but they aren't on the same page at all- some of the representatives are sympathetic and will make amends because they simply want to help, but mostly the ones that answer the calls are disinterested and unprofessional.

Just today, one worker named "Crystal" hung up on me. Imagine that! Just hung up on me. The next one was "Shay" and toward the end of the call, she pretended not to be able to hear me and went through her little tirade "thank you for contacting us... blah blah..." I was like, hold on! "I'm here. Can you hear me?" She ignored me and went ahead and finished her tirade and hung up the phone. At least the next caller "Antoinette" tried to be helpful. But people like Antoinette that work there are few and far between. I'm just trying to get my flood insurance money so I can fix my house. I've been living out of suitcases for four months and I am having to use a credit card to finance my repairs because this company refuses to release them to me.

The company is fly-by-night. They are no count. They are evasive and shady! Their website is often offline, which makes people have to call in by phone to conduct business, only they don't even advertise their own phone number to contact them with. Look at this example straight from their public FAQ: "Talk to us: Our contact number is located on our main mortgage company website or where you found the InsuranceClaimCheck.com website information." How evasive is that? All they had to do was put their phone number down, but sadly this company has no desire to be helpful at all. The website mockingly boasts "Obtaining your claim funds just got easier." This sad excuse for a company is nothing more than a roadblock on the way to recovery. I will never voluntarily do business with them. Avoid at all costs!

CENLAR claims on its website that "the nation's leading loan servicing provider, has been actively engaged in mortgage loan servicing and sub-servicing as a core business for more than 40 years." If that is the case, then the US banking industry is deep, deep trouble - and it helps explain 2008. Based on my personal experience since my first mortgage payment, the business is either incompetent or actively corrupt. I have been through an absolute nightmare, starting with my first payment five months ago. CENLAR claimed it did not receive the payment.

When my bank submitted proof of transmittal, CENLAR then, after weeks had turned into months of spending literally hours on the phone being passed around to different "supervisors" and sometimes simply cut off, being told at every call that my complaint would be/had been sent up to their research department and it would be 5-7 business days before an answer would be forthcoming, CENLAR finally admitted to finding the funds. I asked that the payment be credited to my account but was told that "policy" required that they return the payment to its source in the same way in which they had received it.

After many more weeks of hours-long telephone calls and being passed from one "customer service rep" to another, after demanding to talk with supervisors, being sent directly to voice mail, leaving detailed messages that were never returned, and finally, actually getting to someone who identified herself as a supervisor, I was told the check had been sent back so my bank must have lost it. However, CENLAR could not provide any sort of tracking or trace number and in various subsequent calls I was given three different dates by which CENLAR had supposedly sent the funds back to my bank to be credited to my account, each time trying to blame on my bank for the missing funds.

After two attempts at three-way discussions between an upper level official at my bank, myself, and a CENLAR representative, the CENLAR rep went on record with a third party (my bank rep) claiming to have sent a paper check via regular US mail that very day back to my bank via the third-party provider Check Free and that was the first time any sort of tracking number was provided - the CENLAR rep gave us a check number. I still do not have the missing funds back five months after I made my first house payment. Further, CENLAR did not pay the full amount of the minimum insurance payment due on my house out of my escrow until several calls by my very competent and customer-friendly insurance agent.

I dread the years I am going to have to spend dealing with these incompetents or crooks. Having never EVER made a late payment on anything in my life, this situation has been particularly vexing. It has become hard for me not to feel that CENLAR has done all this on purpose, hoping that I will just give up, make an extra payment and let them keep my hard-earned money. I did give up and make an extra payment after scrimping and saving to be able to do so, but I will not give up on getting those funds back. My bank is actively following up with CENLAR on the disposition of the check they said was in the mail, and I am hopeful, despite all that has gone before, that since we have an actual check number for it, the funds will appear in my account in time for my January payment.

We have called again and have gotten nothing but headaches and nothing gets accomplished. Every time we need some help, we never get it. This company should not exist. I am tax exempt per my state law, and we have sent them letters and even got the county adjuster involved, and yet they refuse to help and adjust payment to reflect this. They are demanding things that will not be circulated for us. You can never speak to anyone else but some operator who doesn't tell you the truth or makes things up. If you can speak to a supervisor they are rude and unaccommodating. Shame on them and servicing veterans.

So, we pay more than our mortgage every month on time with no issues. It is Dec 1 and like usual we call to pay our mortgage only to find we now owe $1800 in back taxes. We were NEVER notified in writing that our account had changed. After fighting for 3 hours with numerous supervisors we were told it was our responsibility to ask about our escrow and increased taxes. By the way Cenlar is responsible by federal law to inform every borrower of any changes and they need your authorization to advance payments of an advancement which we never authorized. Steer clear from D. Randy Horton Homes and Cenlar mortgages.

I have had the same problems. Loan was transferred to them and they applied my payment to a month prior to taking over the loan. Hours and days of phone calls got me nowhere. Was even being sent default notices. Same issues as everyone else. I had to file a complaint with the Comptroller of the Currency ph 800-613-6743 fax 713-336-4301. This was the only way I was able to get the issue resolved. Now trying to make them transfer the loan to a reputable service oriented company without having the costs of a refi. Please file a complaint against this company if you are having problems. They should not be in business.

CENLAR is an extremely unprofessional company. I would go so far as to say corrupt. Calling the insurance claims department is a waste of time. It is a perpetual runaround. When we tried to set up an appointment for a final inspection of repairs, it was repeatedly cancelled by CENLAR not us. It took over a month to get an inspector to check out the repairs. We're now waiting for a check for the funds remaining after the fixing of the flood damages. Again it has been over a month. There is a new reason why the check hasn't been sent whenever we call to pursue reimbursement. So much of my precious time has been lost. AVOID doing business with this company!!!

This company bought my loan in August and if this happens to you watch out. Nothing but horrible customer service and mismanagement of my account. Actually argued with a customer service rep over who should make the call to contact the previous mortgage company on payment I had made to them pre-acquisition of my loan by Cenlar which I didn't know about or consent. He told me he was "too busy" and that I should call them for him and that it would only take a minute. Once again not my problem and probably something the two companies could have discussed when they were buying my loan. Still working on a property tax escrow analysis going on 4 months now. They can't find my information even with my account number but manage to cash my mortgage check and send me a bill every month. Watch out for this company, you are in for endless headaches if you're unfortunate enough to have your loan bought by them.

This is the worse company to do business with. I purchased a house from a builder, and that's how I ended up with these crooks. For 2 years I have spent over 50 hours on the phone, written letters to the top management, and till today, never a call back. They have screwed my loan up totally. I sent them monthly payments, they misapply payments, they send me checks, and then they sent default letters. I have had 5 homes previously, never did I ever have an issue, so why with this bank? They are crooks. At some point one of the reps even told me that they co-mingle funds, which not only is unethical, but illegal too. The senior management is worthless, and refuse to speak to customers. Just by reading the rest of the reviews, it is very clear that they are BIG CROOKS. Stay away from them!!!

I refinanced my mortgage and I've been living in a total nightmare ever since! We've never missed a payment and our escrow has had more than enough going into our account for our taxes. First year... taxes were not being paid, payment goes up! Second year... same thing!!! When you call, you get hung up on by 3 representatives and a supervisor!!! They're so incompetent, and if anyone would dare to really look into it, I'm sure you'd find out they're crooks. Someone is lining their pockets! My plan get rid of them all together!!! They shouldn't even be in business! May the good Lord above bring justice to this very unjust corrupt company.

My experience with CENLAR has been completely unsatisfactory. My original mortgage was sold to CENLAR in August, after which they "failed" to document my first mortgage payment I had made to my previous lender. It is now over 3 months and I have been told they are "researching" by every staff person I have spoken with, that they cannot transfer to other Departments just within Customer Service, and refuse to give out extensions to call back as well as fail to call back when promised. Each time I call I have to explain the situation as they will not assign one person to locate the mortgage payment which was lost during a transaction which I was not a party to. One would assume the issue of losing someone's money at a mortgage company would be top priority and resolved within hours, not still unresolved 3 months later.

My loan was bought by this company and they failed to pay my homeowners insurance out of my escrow account. I received a lapse notice from my insurance agency. I called Cenlar to ask what had happened and why it did not get paid. All I got was the runaround from the customer service rep. At one time I caught her in a lie and asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold and 20 minutes later I got tired of waiting and hung up. Don't do business with this company if you can avoid it although I can't. My loan was sold to them! UGH!!!

Cenlar failed to make a property tax payment from my escrow account in full, thereby resulting in a past due penalty from the County Assessor's Office. I received the bill from the Assessor's Office and contacted Cenlar to get the past due payment resolved. Cenlar promised the bill would be sent the following day, but it was not. The same contact promise and failure to pay happened three more times on successive days.

I had so many problems in the beginning with Cenlar. They would not credit me the payment that was forwarded by the loan writer and kept harassing me about a late payment. After many phone calls and threats of legal action, they finally fixed the issue. I would still get weird robocalls asking me to contact them for no reason. Totally irritating. I finally refinanced off of them and am awaiting my escrow refund. It has not been 30 days yet but based on the info I have seen here I don't expect it to be on time. They are based in New Jersey. If you want to complain, complain to the NJ Attorney general. (You better believe I will do this if they hold up my escrow refund!)

By far the worst company in the United States to deal with. Totally incompetent customer reps. Have no idea what they are saying and never follow through. At the end of 2015 I called them to make sure my taxes and homeowner insurance would be paid times thru my escrow acct on my mortgage. After over a dozen calls including a few 3 way calls to include my homeowner insurance rep nothing was ever accomplished. So I had to charge my insurance policy to get it paid up after it went delinquent and no one else would touch it. After all that I thought this year would have been all set and taxes and insurance would be properly escrowed and bills paid timely to avoid what had already transpired.

After calling today again a totally incompetent rep couldn't answer any questions and refused upon several requests by me to speak to a supervisor. She kept saying that they are encouraged to assist even though she couldn't answer any questions I had. I called my homeowner insurance policy rep to tell her the story and she could not believe this never (a year later) got straightened out after all our attempts to talk to someone knowledgeable. They even lied to both of us saying on more than one occasion that the check was in the mail to the insurance company.

I'm at total wit's end with such a deplorable company. They don't have any reps that know what to answer or do to correct their mistakes. On top of that they increased my mortgage twice and have over and above amount due on taxes but nothing escrowed for my homeowners insurance. Now I have to come up with $1200-1300 again at year end and it's November. What can be done with such a terribly run mortgage company?

NIGHTMARE!!! My loan was sold to these crooks without my knowledge and ever since everything is one big, hot mess. I have a fantastic credit score and these people are ruining it because of their incompetence. I make my payments and yet I constantly get foreclosure notices. Why? Because you make a payment to these people and they take two weeks to process the thing. You call them to tell them it's out of your bank account and they have no working phone numbers! Why the heck are they still in business??? The government needs to shut them down. I'd refinance, but these clowns have late payments on my credit score that were not paid late. I'm stuck on a hamster wheel and I'm a senior citizen so it's getting really old and troubling to me.

I have never had to wait so long for someone to answer the phone!! 20 minutes is a little too long!! Fees, fees!! I tried to tell these people someone made a mistake in my bank account number and it was not me!! The payment was sent back. Now they want to charge me a $25.00 fee for that and a $5.00 fee for a transaction on the phone!! And this is my first payment!! People you need to get with it!! You are the worst mortgage company I have ever dealt with!! Not a happy camper!!

This is by far the worst mortgage company. We never had problems with our mortgage payments until it was sold to Cenlar. Now no matter how we send our payments either by mail or online we incur late fees. Not to mention when we pay online and get a confirmation they don't take the money out and give us different stories as to why it didn't come out therefore incurring another late fee. The customer service line is always "experiencing a high volume of calls" which makes it difficult to get through to someone to attempt to resolve the issue when we have careers and don't have the time to wait on hold for extended amounts of time just to get through to a customer service agent whom is rude and does not have a straight answer. This company is truly a nightmare.

I've had my home for just over a year now. As soon as the ink dried on my loan documents, the original servicer sold my loan to CENLAR. Everything was fine for the first 8 months or so, and then I started having trouble with the payments getting processed. They would process, give me a confirmation number, and then for some reason they would refund me my payment. Long story short, for my September payment, I paid $1150 on August 28 and it cleared my bank on August 31.

However they said I still owed for September and claimed that they refunded me that payment on August 30. But it never posted back into my account and my bank shows no attempt made for a reversal of the payment. I have been dealing with the issue for almost a month now, sending them numerous documents as they have requested, and Every time they say it will be a few more days before a resolution can be made, yet they never come to one and continue to make excuses. They are all idiots, you get a different explanation every time you call. Nobody has a clue as to what's going on. I'm trying them over to my bank's fraud department and taking my mortgage elsewhere.

Cenlar is the worst mortgage servicing company I have ever encounter! They held my escrow refund well beyond 30 days when it was reconciled within 8 days of pay off. Phone calls to their service center only lead to more inconsistent answers as to their processing procedures and flat out misrepresentations. I'm still waiting for my refund, creating unnecessary stress. I don't understand why lenders allow this company to service their loans. I will NEVER do business with them EVER again!

I opened my loan with another loan company and it was sold to Cenlar. They failed to follow what was in my agreement and pay the Supplemental Tax on my behalf OR send me the money of the loan overage so that I could pay it myself - which I was more than happy to do. I sent SEVERAL emails and called in many times yet the amount wasn't sent to me (my money) so that I could pay the Supplemental Tax myself nor was paid on my behalf. I ended having to pay out of my savings and incurred a penalty fee.

Weeks afterwards, and SEVERAL calls they finally sent me the amount they were supposed to send me but did not get back to me on the penalty. FOUR MONTHS afterwards and several calls and follow up, they determined I was not owed the penalty back because I was supposed to pay the amount on my own - despite their failure to ever send me my money so that I could pay it.

This is not even logical. I am doing everything I can to move my loan to another company and ensure that that company will never send it to Cenlar. I read MANY bad reviews on them when my loan was sold and hoped I would have a different experience - almost everyone I have talked to has had a bad experience with this company. I am disappointed to say the least that they have made this so frustrating and time-consuming when this could have easily been resolved.

Ok folks it's been awhile but I'm back. And not very happy to say the least. Cenlar was going to work out a loan modification for me. So much for that. All I got was 3 more months in my home. They decided that they wanted my house instead. So they foreclosed on me and my wife. Got a lawyer but they were in with them so you know they deal. I'm a Vietnam era vet. and still get it up my ass. We lived in our home 32 years. How it's gone and sitting empty. I just wish someone would take this company down. They have got away for too long. Time something is done. Out of a home in Kingsport, TN.

As with many other similar complaints, we have been charged $2250 for flood insurance when we are NOT in a flood zone. I have provided the FEMA document stating we are not in a flood zone several times and each time they state they have not received it although I have all the confirmation receipts. I cant speak with a supervisor or anyone in the insurance department because they have "NO PHONE NUMBER" as stated by a rep. Not sure what else to do except keep calling... FRUSTRATING!!!

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Profile