Cenlar Central Loan Administration

cenlar.com

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was assessed a late fee in summer of 2016 due to my payment getting lost in the mail. I called and requested the fee be waived on a one time basis. They verified I have always paid my mortgage BEFORE the due date every month and agreed to waive the fee. In 2017 I got a delinquent notice for the $24.90 late fee. I called again and they said they would waive it. It has now been a year and I still have a delinquent late fee on my account. This is the worst Company I have ever dealt with. Complete disregard for paying customers. I would refinance my home and pay closings again just to remove my loan from this companies hands.

I have made numerous attempts with Cenlar to have my monthly payments adjusted since my property taxes have been reduced. I have received the runaround. The representatives all tell me the same thing that it will be adjusted next month. The scenario has been going on for the last 4 months. Cenlar refuses to stop escrow of the taxes as I have requested multiple times but instead they stop taking out my insurance which was not an issue nor requested. This company is horrible to work with. I would like to contact the board of directors. I would encourage others to voice their complaints in hope that our voices will be heard.

After taking more than a year to complete my loan modification, I am still 2 months in default. During this time, CENLAR sent me final modification papers 3 separate times over 6 months before getting the figures correct. They never communicated with me regarding why there was such a long delay. Somehow after off the delay and after they calculated all the trial payments, I am still 2 months behind. HELP! After constantly calling them, they have no solution for this. They are now sending pre-foreclosure notices once again.

"Trusted Personal Service" and "Count on a Trusted Partner". Two mantras listed at the top of Cenlar's website are simply not true. I was overcharged $1,100 a month on my escrow. I emailed and phoned in an effort to convince Cenlar to do what is right--reduce my escrow charges to the correct amount. One email actually stated that they would do it. When they did not, I emailed again. The next emailer was completely oblivious to any of the information sent in the past emails, and simply said I could try once again at the end of May. I could see that my requests were going to continue to be ignored. I read reviews from frustrated consumers who had the same problem but were receiving no help. My solution was to contact my local TV station. My escrow account is now correct, and I received a refund check for my overpayments.

I'm actually sorry we're not alone in our troubles with this company. There are obviously many people here who have had issues with Cenlar as well. I hate that they bought our mortgage (they've been so difficult to deal with) and I would love to figure out a way to refinance and guarantee we'd never end up with them again. It's sad we pay so much to these companies, yet we have no say in who we work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

I have done everything possible to get them to release the check from my mortgage company for storm damage so I can pay my contractor and they continue to throw up roadblocks. Never helpful, can't talk to a supervisor. It doesn't get any worse!

I believe Cenlar, along with Sun West, and these ** loan servicing groups are a group of companies set up by "mers" to fast track foreclosures when people fall behind. Cenlar took over my mortgage after I had fallen behind with Sun West a few time. Also Feb. 2016, I fell behind with Cenlar. They sent me a packet for mods and forbearance which I filled out and tried to follow up on and was given the call transfer runaround by all parties, no acknowledgement of the packet or ability to negotiate.

Was able to get caught up and then in July fell behind again. When I put my payment thru for the balance it was returned for ISF which was not true. The money was in my account again, tried to follow up to no avail, and giving the runaround. Now my house is in foreclosure and there is no stopping them. I'm back on my feet, my girlfriend was even approved for a new loan which would satisfy their cost, fees and entire mortgage but then don't care. They're just going to push it thru and leave another person homeless.

Cenlar is the by far one of the worst companies out there! I am filing a complaint with the AG offices, Federal Trade Commission and Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending Austin, TX. I encourage others to do so as well. They raised my mortgage payment by 90 percent stating I owe more money because they paid taxes for escrow shortage and projected escrow. I fought with them to bring the terms from 12 to 24 months to lower my mortgage payment. People there lie and do nothing they promise they are going to do.

I have never had a PO box address. I have been receiving my statements for over a year to my property address which has been my mailing address with no issue. They have my property address on file. When they finally emailed me the PDF file it showed the bogus mailing address with my correct property address listed!! This is blatant FRAUD!! This is obviously intentional fraud for them to mail this 3 times according to their records with a completely bogus mailing address after they told me they put my correct mailing address in the system when it was sent supposedly correctly 2 times after it was sent to the wrong address the first time. God and the Lord Jesus Christ is on my side and I will be victorious!!

I revoked the authorization to deduct an amount from my account, but, Cenlar deducted it anyway and is refusing to reimburse me my money. Leaving me very broke. Completely despise this place, but, sadly have to do business with them as they hold my mortgage loan... I'd almost rather be homeless than deal with the thieves at Cenlar!

If I could choose Zero stars I would. I called about an escrow check I was supposed to have received that the website said was sent out over a month ago. When I called about it the representative said it was probably lost in the mail and he would re-issue a new check. I received a check about 5 days later that I deposited only to have it rejected because CENLAR had placed a stop payment on it. What I actually received was the original check that was over a month late. When I explained this CENLAR a customer representative told me to send in my bank statement and they would reimbursed me for the fee. I did as they asked only to receive a message that because I had asked for a stop payment (which I didn't) that they would not refund me the fee. At 1st they were very nice, but when they have to cover up their error they become very rude and short. I gave up and just had to eat the fee. I would never recommend them to anyone.

A '1' is overrated to say the least. The right hand doesn't a have clue what the left hand is doing in this company. They put you on hold FOREVER (I think hoping you'll hang up, but I WON'T DO THAT)!!! Then every time we call each person has a different amount that they owe us back... WARNING ~ DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

This is the worst online banking experience I've ever had. Not intuitive, you can hardly find where to log in. Trying to get customer service is a joke. I've never had a problem with the actual loan, but every time I want to go to my account online, it's a nightmare.

There are no words to accurately describe our frustration with this company. I'm sitting at my desk and see a text come through from JPMorgan Chase Bank that an $1881 electronic payment transaction was withdrawn by CENLAR. The real scary points are that neither my husband nor myself authorized this transaction AND this unauthorized transaction caused our account to go completely upside down and in the red and make financial matters worse in our home. We have been trying to communicate with them over the past two weeks with regards to a deferral of payment(s) or options thereof as I lost my job and have been unemployed for the last several months. Financially, it has been very difficult for our family. Thankfully, I have just started with a new job but our "financial footing" is a mess and we very much need the help so to regain stability.

We were told by CENLAR that paperwork was coming in the mail but to-date we have received nothing. But rather, we find they've made an unauthorized transaction from our bank account and have made a situation much worse. Unfortunately, we ended up with CENLAR directly after closing our mortgage with First Midwest Mortgage and they sold off all of their home loans. Honestly, we would have never gone with the "small, local and friendly" bank had we known their intentions. It has been excruciating to manage and deal with the representatives from CENLAR. They are rude, unprofessional and frankly not intelligent with the business of home loans, etc. I am saddened to read all of these awful customer reviews and experiences. It is not right! How do we push the matter, legally? Class Action? Something must be done to deal with this dishonest company.

All these 1-star reviews and yet this company is still allowed to handle FHA loans. Cenlar purchased our FHA loan shortly after we got our house. On Dec 3, 2016 a pipe froze then burst causing water damage. Our insurance company is USAA. They took care of the abatement and sent a check for over $15k to pay the company who did the work. In Feb we mailed the check to Cenlar for endorsement. Instead of endorsing the check they gave us the runaround which included saying the check was received, then claiming it wasn't, then claiming it was mailed to the wrong address in New Jersey when it should have been sent to South Carolina. During this nearly 40 minute call, of which only 5 was spent talking to CSRs, I was hung up on by the rep in the South Carolina office who was supposedly going to get to the bottom of things.

I did some research and found that there was a possible investigation by the Texas AG into Cenlar taking insurance payments that are to cover damages on a home and instead processing them for payment on the loan. After reading this, I let Cenlar know through their electronic messaging system I'd be contacting the Colorado AG if the check wasn't received by Mar 17. It wasn't. I called Cenlar back and spoke with a CSR who agreed the reason for the delay was it was most likely being processed for payment. She placed me on hold to look into it but when she got back told me the check was lost. She recommended contacting USAA to have them put a stop payment on the check and draft a new one.

We contacted USAA and did the stop payment. In between this time, Cenlar drafted a letter on Mar 23 with the original check attached and endorsed but now useless because of the stop payment. The second check was sent certified mail to the South Carolina office to ensure Cenlar would not be able to claim it had not been received. It was signed for on Apr 3 and later that day I was left a voice message saying it was being endorsed and returned to us. Then the person who left the message went over a bunch of steps were to take which included getting estimates, a W-9 from the company who did the work, etc.

Today I got the mail and instead of an endorsed check, Cenlar mailed a packet for all the stuff covered in the second portion of the message and a statement about sending them an endorsed check. Not sure what to do at this point. This is the shadiest company I've ever had to deal with. The abatement company is now over 60 days past due for payment and contacting Cenlar amounts to absolutely nothing. My only hope is that once the AG's office is looking into the matter and other customers have made similar complaints. Something like that could leave this company ineligible to take on government loans.

My nightmare begin when Ocwen sold my loan. Last year my husband lost his job and we fell behind. Our fault not theirs. But when we got the ones to meet a payment plan, I purchased a cashier's check from my bank, mailed it from the post office paid next day fees. It was signed for but never applied to account which made things worse. So the bank reversed cashier's check amount. We made another payment arrangement, they took the funds out of my checking account and then a week later put it back and said it was an NSF. Branch manager got on the phone with me and them they choked and had no answer so now the payment arrangement was going to almost double for 6 months. I was blessed and received a loan from my sister to pay it in full and got caught up.

Now here I am again I sent another cashier's check and they can't find it. I ** hate Cenlar, Bayview, Lakeview. They are a nightmare as the one gentleman said you can't get ahold of anyone other than a call Center. They do not return calls and god forbid that they know how to respond to an email let alone send one. If you are late even by a week you can not log into your account online. A time out as you will. Incompetent, RUDE, INEXPERIENCED, THIEVES, LIARS, FATCATS, THAT ARE ALWAYS ON VACATION. I love my home. It's my home. But I am now considering refinancing to get out from under them or sell outright. Whew. I have more but it's a lot of the same stuff that a lot of others have said.

Cenlar took over our mortgage loan because we have the NJ Police And Fire loan program for our mortgage. I called Cenlar as soon as they took over the loan and requested an escrow analysis since our current development offers a PILOT program (tax abatement) for five years and they would need to lower our payment because we weren't paying all that much in taxes. I called right away and requested the analysis to be done, in which I was told it would take about two weeks. I called back in two weeks, they told me to wait another two days. I called back a few days later, they said there was no escrow analysis and they wouldn't do one until a FULL YEAR of having my loan. EVERY TIME I call Cenlar, I am given someone who does not know anything about our loan and doesn't care to find out. I've been told multiple things from multiple people who also cannot answer my questions.

I spoke to a supervisor who ASSURED me that I would be kept up to date with all of this since they are violating STATE LAW and it needs to be dealt with ASAP. I have not received any calls, and when I called to ask for her, I was told they couldn't find her and they'd send her an email to call me back. DIDN'T HAPPEN. They also stated on my profile that I requested to be called back and updated. When I spoke to a different Supervisor, he told me "The callbacks don't usually happen..." WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY ARE YOU?

Right now, I am about ready to open up a lawsuit against Cenlar because they are violating state law and keeping thousands of dollars in my escrow account that THEY get to collect interest on that LEGALLY is not allowed to be in there for that reason. I hope someone reads this from Cenlar and takes a good look in the mirror about their company. It seems like the workers are underpaid and unmotivated to handle any of these issues, but if they don't, who will? I pray that I can change mortgage companies because your company has absolutely no clue what they are doing.

I received a mortgage statement on March 2, 2017 in which the loan payment amount had change by almost $200. I called them and they said it was for a deficit in my escrow account for flood insurance. I explained that I have never had an escrow account with this loan and that I had already paid the flood insurance myself in February of 2017. I was to write a letter explaining that I had no escrow account and that I had paid the flood insurance the previous month and asked that the account reflect this and that the mortgage payment return to the original amount.

I wrote to them on March 9, 2017. I received a check from the insurance company on March 31, 2017 saying it was a duplicate payment yet I had informed the insurance company a month before that I had already pay this. I was on hold for a supervisor for over 15 mins and I still have no faith that the payment due on the 1st will be back to the original payment and it will look as if I had not paid my mortgage in full.

When we purchased our home, the prior owners had a tax deferral payment due. It was paid at closing, but the county auditor failed to record the payment prior to the tax statements generated in November. Thus, our property taxes showed an increase of $3,500 (the tax deferral amount), which was in error. Cenlar thus increased our monthly payment to cover the tax increase by approximately $700 more a month!! After communicating with the county tax assessor and Cenlar for several months, our tax obligation was finally adjusted down to the proper amount, and Cenlar issued a $900 refund check to us for the overpayment we were forced to make and readjusted our monthly payment back to what it was supposed to be.

Just last week, I received a Mortgage Adjustment Statement again showing an increase in our monthly payment to cover an increase in property taxes. Cenlar adjusted our payment 2 months ago to reflect the proper tax obligation, refunded the overpayment, and now has entered the wrong, higher property tax amount once again, thus increasing our monthly payment. Of course, you never can talk to the same person and are required to repeat your story each time you call to someone new. I demanded a supervisor today and of course got cut off, and had to call back and start all over again!! They're going to "research" the tax issue, despite the fact it was resolved only a few months ago! Bottom line, they screwed up big time and until this is resolved, we're looking at a now $400 a month increase in our monthly mortgage payment! THE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!!

My first issue with Cenlar is they took a payment from my bank account and said it was "returned". It wasn't. After 8 months of continuous calls, all to different people bc no one there will every return your call back, I finally got someone from Cenlar to 3-way call my bank with me. My bank verified there were funds and that the money was sent to Cenlar. They also provided a tracking # (which I had already given to Cenlar via fax to their research dept).

Immediately the Cenlar agent starts backtracking on the phone saying "Oh, this payment wasn't the issue, and was applied to your account appropriately". I explained that every agent I'd spoken with over 8 months had pointed to this payment as missing, and my loan activity clearly shows it wasn't credited to my account ever. The Cenlar agent clearly just wanted to get off the phone since my bank proved him wrong. The issue is not only Cenlar stealing payments and not applying them (forcing you to make another one), it creates the interest amount they report to taxes incorrect, and it creates an escrow shortage.

This leads to the next issue, escrow shortages and payment increases. Mid-year in 2016 I was sent a letter stating escrow was short and there was a $600 shortage. They said they'd spread those payments out to get it caught up. No explanation for the shortage, my taxes increased < $100 last year. I'm still paying an additional $100/mo on my payments... Well beyond the $600 they stated, and still with no explanation. When I called last week, they said it is reasonable to expect my payments to increase every year due to shortages. Again, insurance has not changed and taxes went up a whopping $9/mo.

So in Nov I'll be looking at a payment increase of $200 in less than 2 yrs of this awful company buying my loan. It's pretty clear there's sketchy stuff going on, and I believe whoever monitors these predatory loan servicing companies will eventually catch on. In the meantime, I've made a complaint to the Attorney General and the OCC, and will be hiring an attorney to communicate w/ them going forward and then a possible lawsuit. This company is not worth another day of stress to get nowhere.

Cenlar Mortgage Screws over customers. I have been making bi-Monthly payments on my mortgage to Cenlar. Last month's checks were returned and I am now behind on my mortgage payments. I called and they do not allow bi-monthly payments. They only accept payments in full. They do have a system where they would directly withdraw money from my bank account every other Friday (they set the schedule without consideration to paydays). But this is only available to people who have paid over 1 month mortgage in advance and is based on application approval. Cenlar is ensuring it is easy to mess up and incredibly difficult to stay on course.

Last year I refinanced my house with Embrace Home Loans with an FHA mortgage. During the refinance, I asked for an escrow to contain my homeowners insurance through Allstate and my property taxes. In almost 18 years of owning my home, I have never gone without an escrow that contained both property taxes and insurance.

Shortly after the refinance took place, Cenlar Mortgage Company bought my mortgage. On February 9th, I got a letter from Allstate insurance stating that my homeowner's insurance was about to expire and they hadn't gotten payment. I immediately called Cenlar and was told that there were no funds in my escrow for homeowners insurance. I asked the gentleman on the phone to check again. He put me on hold and said that indeed there was money and for Allstate to fax a declaration page and the bill. They would overnight a check to Allstate for the correct amount. I immediately called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** and she said she would send that fax immediately.

On Tuesday, February 21st I received a letter from Cenlar stating that I no longer had homeowners insurance and to avoid forced insurance I should consider getting my own. I called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** again. She stated that on February 9th she faxed the information to Cenlar and never got payment. She immediately called Cenlar on my behalf and we had a 3-way conference call. We spoke to a customer service representative that couldn't understand why Cenlar never sent a check because it showed that money was in my escrow.

After an hour and a half on the phone, we got no answers. We asked to speak to a supervisor and she denied us that. She said there were no supervisors on to speak to us. She told Lori from Allstate to refax the declaration page and bill. Cenlar would overnight a check to them. In the meantime, I had no insurance coverage on my house. Lori faxed the information again to Cenlar and followed up with a multiple phone calls the next day.

On Wednesday, February 22nd, Lori from Allstate called me and said she had Cenlar on the phone. Again we had another 3-way conversation about my homeowners insurance. This customer service representative said the request for paying my bill was denied. She stated that I did not have money in my account for my homeowners insurance. At this point I became irate. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that we would be the 8th person in line. We were unsuccessful with getting a reason as to why this was happening. She told me to fax a letter to Cenlar stating I wanted my mortgage readjusted to include homeowners insurance in the future. I was so upset because it should have been done all along.

I faxed a letter the next day stating I wanted my mortgage to continue to have money set aside for my homeowners insurance. I also explained the pain and aggravation that this has caused me and wanted compensation. I ended up ultimately putting the $690.00 homeowners insurance bill on my credit card because I was in jeopardy of losing the insurance plan that I have had for over 10 years. Allstate no longer carries the insurance that I purchased years ago which is considered a deluxe plan.

I am a single parent and do NOT have extra money like this budgeted. This has caused more hardship on me and my family. I spoke with Dawn ** from Embrace Mortgage Loans on Tuesday, March 13th because they were the ones that wrote my mortgage to begin with. She stated that by law with an FHA loan, the homeowners insurance money must be in escrow. Therefore if Cenlar hasn't put money aside, they should be responsible. I sent an email to Cenlar about this on Wednesday, March 14th and was told I would get a response within 24 hours. I have heard nothing from them regarding this matter.

The lack of professionalism with this company is disgusting. I have never had such a difficult time getting a straight answer from anyone. They do not try to help or resolve an issue. When I googled this company to get an email address, I found headings in the search engine that stated 310 top complaints of Cenlar. I read some of the complaints and felt that I was living the same lives as these poor people. Something needs to be done with this company. If I had a way out from this mortgage I would run. Unfortunately, I am stuck as I am in no financial state to refinance at this time. Thank you for your time in this matter. I hope my letter finds these concerns worth investigating.

I refinanced and got a new mortgage with Cenlar in the Fall of 2016. In March, 2017 Cenlar started harassing me for non-payment. I had set up automatic deposits via my bank when the loan was originated. I have documentation that proves every payment was sent - a total of 8. Cenlar says they did not receive payments for January and February 2017, although my bank provided transaction details, transmission verification numbers, and a line-item summary of my account showing the withdrawals. They did acknowledge payments in the Fall of 2016 and in March 2017 but not for Jan 2017 and Feb 2017 - although ALL payments (both acknowledged and not-acknowledged were sent exactly the same way via automated bill-pay with my bank).

It has been EXTREMELY difficult to communicate with CENLAR. I am highly suspicious that they are mis-managed, that their systems are broken, and their customer support staff is poorly paid since they are of no value in problem resolution. When I faxed the transaction details to them, I asked for verification that they received the information - no response. BEWARE!

My old mortgage company sold my mortgage to these guys "Cenlar". I sent my first mortgage with them to the correct address however by mistake through my bank's ebill I put my old mortgage account number. I would imagine they could have found the info our being the ebill would have my name on it. Anyways to make a long 2 month ordeal short... I called practically every day because supposedly they sent my payment back to my bank Feb 24. All I wanted to get was the tracking number to give to my bank so my bank could "track" this check they "sent". My bank just received it this morning... March 15. Oh ya and then because "Feb payment never arrived" in their eyes which it did but with the account number on it "correct address though" they used my March payment for Feb! People will also say they are the supervisors and come to find out they aren't! BEWARE!!!

Sadly, my original mortgage company sold my mortgage to Cenlar. They are inconvenient and a pain to deal with. Initially, they falsely stated that I bounced a mortgage check (that was submitted to my previous loan company and had cleared without issue). I spent over 4 hours total on hold arguing over an idiotic 10 dollar charge. They also automatically generate letters that make no sense. For example, I don't have an escrow account, but they just sent me a letter claiming that they received a premium notice for my property.

When I called them (after having to wait 6 minutes before I could access a person, having to listen to an automated tape tell me random stuff about my account), they said that the letter was a reminder that my homeowner's policy is due in May. They just keep sending dumb stuff that I have to waste time on hold arguing about. I pointed out that their letter wasn't reminding me about homeowner's insurance, it was about escrow insurance. I just didn't have to waste so much time dealing with stupid crap with my previous lender. I would recommend you look for a better organized company with much better customer service.

To keep it short regarding Cenlar. Trying to get a loan modification is next to impossible. This is the 3rd time trying with this company for a modification. Had to hire Attorney to take point in this matter and still this company is making almost impossible to work us. Unprofessional employees.

I have had mortgage loans for the past 50 years and have never experienced anything like dealing with Cenlar and am amazed that some form of government/oversight agency has not looked into them. The number of complaints on this site amaze me that no action has been taken! They have serviced my loan for only the past 3 months. I have attempted to use their website to track my loan and make payments. Hands down, it is the most nonuser-friendy site I have ever attempted to use and their "help" service in nonexisting. Because of the lack of transparency--I question if something illegal is taking place!

Like other people, I have been screw by CENLAR. I purchase a property last year, the mortgage company sold the loan to CENLAR and since then have been a nightmare. Now they are trying to force me to have an escrow account for flood. I requested in writing to do my own escrow, never responded. During one of my call the rep. tell me it was mandated by FEMA. Call FEMA was not true.

On my last call spoke with one of the supervisor who tell me that the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability ACT of 2014 allow them to force me to have an escrow account. This is what it said in the ACT of 2014 "Requires federal lending regulators to direct each regulated lending institution or servicer of an outstanding loan to offer and make available to a borrower the option to have flood insurance premiums and fees, including any escrow of them, to be treated in a specified manner". WHAT CENLAR WANT IS TO HAVE ADDITIONAL MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT TO LEND. Poor customer service. NOT A CONSUMER ORIENTED COMPANY.

I have worked hard over the last few years to be able to buy my first house and Cenlar has ruined the whole experience. They claimed to have not received our first payment and have taken my second payment as first and keep calling about the 2nd payment. I have emailed and faxed bank statements several times now showing that both have already come out of my account. Stay clear of this company. I had no idea when I bought a home through Bay Equity that they would sell my loan to such an unorganized company. When you buy a home make sure they don't sell your loan to Cenlar. Cenlar has thousands of reviews with 99% of them saying they cannot keep track of anyone's payments.

I recently re-financed my home and the mortgage paperwork sold twice in a matter of months. I ended up with Cenlar. For the first few months all appeared normal, then I received a statement increasing my mortgage by 200.00 per month. Guess why the increase? ESCROW. WOW, I've never had this type of increase in the 15 year history of owning my home. I called customer service and after hearing them talk in circles and making no sense I got off the phone and looked Cenlar up on the internet. WOW!!! Everyone is having the same issue and nothing is being done by any governing oversight. I'm seeking a refinance again and pray I never get Cenlar again. Good luck to everyone who has this Mortgage Company.

I am a new home owner. I move in October 5/2016. I am a 70% disable veteran so my taxes are discounted. I was told on 1/31/2017 and check was mailed out. I look for about 10 days. I called back several times. Was told to check the mail. I called on every day after on 2/14/2017. Was told check was put on 2/7/2017 due to issue about they did not know my taxes amount. On 2/15/2017 I was told they would express the check. I called 2/21/2017. The earliest I could my check would be March 1, 2017. No return calls or return emails. It is against the law to hold someone money. My loan was with imortgage. They sold after month to Cenlar which sucks in customer services.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Profile