1.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

446 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I called about my payment not being posted because it had been over two weeks and the funds wasnt deducted from my checkings account. So after being on hold for two and half hours, I was finally I was connected to the collections department. Apparently if you're 15/30 days behind in your payment the system automatically forwards your call to this department. So, I explain my situation and the agent states they don't have any correspondence noted in my account about any payments being received or processed. I was informed to make the payment with that department and then they would transfer me to Customer Service to note the account for them not to process the lost/misplaced check.

Once transferred the service rep had a extremely strong accent and I couldn't really understand her. I asked to please be transferred to someone that I could better understand. She stated her system was down and she couldn't transfer me. I needed to call back. Mind you, I had been on this call for about 2 hours now and I'm totally pissed because my payment was sent 3 weeks before this call was placed and I'm being ping ponged between customer service reps. So after calling back and being on hold again for just about 2 hours once again in ping ponged between customer service reps again.

Finally, I'm connected with someone who I can understand and after for the third time explaining the situation she says "oh, I see the check; it's being processed". How is it that I speak to four different people and no one can see that the check is being processed? How is it that the agents whom work in the collections department can't see payments being processed in the system, but the customer service reps can see it in their system. Payments can be made over the phone with the collections department, but pending and or processed payment can't be seen by this same department! How is that even possible? The customer service really suck, this company is out to get any extra money it can get from the consumers. I wish I can change mortgage companies because this one suck big time.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

They paid my neighbor's taxes instead of mine. For 3 months I have been trying to get them to fix it. They do nothing when I call. They give me the runaround. They dont answer emails or messages. I can't get anyone to help me. I am lost. They turned my first home into a nightmare. Please can anyone help me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I received a letter today in the mail from Cenlar as to my home loan. I called the number and waited on hold. An agent picked up and announced herself as Renee and that I was a unreferenced loan number. I asked who is Cenlar. Very rudely she replied it is my loan servicer. I should have hung up, but wanting to know why I am receiving a letter from them, I proceeded further. The agent was very rude in tone and condescending. I had not heard of this company and I simply wanted to know who they were.

Apparently my home loan was transferred three months earlier, I received no notice of a transfer, and I have continuously paid my loan to my previous mortgager. The info they had was correct, but instead of being helpful in letting me how to get in touch with the new company, she was again condescending in repeating the loan was transferred. The company it was transferred is called Lakeview? That is all I was provided. Whoever Lakeview is, I would like some form of notice and I strongly recommend that Cenlar is not used for your customer service, specifically Renee.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm a first-time home owner. My mortgage was bought by one company, then another, then Cenlar. By this point I was confused. I called Cenlar and tried to straighten it out. They said I didn't need to make payments for 3 months and that they gave me an automatic forbearance (which I didn't request). They said anytime a new lender buys your mortgage you're entitled to a 3 month forbearance. To add to the confusion another company, Amerihome, also said they were my new lender. Turns out that Cenlar owns Amerihome. Their website says that now, changed in the last couple months, but it didn't say that before. Both companies said my payment had to be sent to them.

At the end of 3 months Cenlar posted a notice on my door saying my payments were 3 months behind. I called Amerihome and they demanded 3 months payment or a short sale on my house. They said someone could meet with me in person to go over all this and I thought that would be good. Then a person from yet another company, a subcontractor I assume, called me and offered to go over my loan and explain. I simply went ahead and paid Amerihome the 3 months even though that was a drain for me. I'm sharing this story so others don't learn the hard way that Cenlar and its affiliates are disorganized and sneaky. They'll tell you that you have a forbearance when you don't. I can only assume that they make a profit from certain borrowers who get fogged and tricked.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

CENLAR seems to be about 15 years behind in technology. Doing anything with CENLAR is never easy, whether it’s updating information, registering for an account, or getting help about your account. Why is this so hard CENLAR? Why can 99% of the other servicers do such a great job but you suck so horribly? Communication is horrible too. For example, I tried to log in to my account today and it said it does not exist. Funny, because you have no problem clearing my Mortgage payment automatically. Apparently, I need to re-register again - and no letter, or email or instruction on the landing page explaining the need to reregister. WHY do I need to re-register when I just signed up 3 months ago? New system? Cool, but how about you learn how to communicate that to your customers?

Anyway, I proceed to register again - and now it says my password doesn't meet the requirement. Excuse me? My password went above and beyond the requirements. Your logic is skewed, and should allow for multiple special characters, not just one of each. This is beyond stupid. A password like "Sunday12!" is accepted as meeting the criteria but a password of "Sunday_12!" is not? WTF? Ridiculous. And after filling out all the registration information, including creating a "weak" password, the system tells me "There has been an error. Click on the CHAT NOW button for assistance". Great, another roadblock, but talking to someone should help. But guess where the Chat Now link takes you? Here: https://service.loanadministration.com/.

The chat is not existent, and has a redirect to the link above. Guys - IT DOES NOT EXIST! If you removed it, SAY SOMETHING and fix your processes and verbiage on your site. Remove the links and references you have everywhere on your site. I cringed when my lender transferred the servicing to CENLAR. The worst part is that consumers have no say in who services their loans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Cenlar personnel offered a three month deferment after our home flooded in hurricane Harvey, then demanded full payment at the end of those three months calling it “forbearance”. Then following that incident, it is extremely difficult to make phone contact, often requiring on hold times of an hour. In spite of verbal and written promises to contact me within 48 hrs, I am yet to receive a call back from anyone regarding any of the numerous issues I've had. Speaking with supervisors is useless, as I have tried that several times and at best, get empty promises of a follow up from higher ranked staff with more problem solving abilities. I hate to say it, but it's like continuous incompetence.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

For 15 years, we have made semi monthly or weekly mortgage payments, until we chose to refinance with a local bank a few months ago. The local bank sold our mortgage to Cenlar and we proceeded to forward the first half of our electronic payment thru our bank prior to the due date with the 2nd half scheduled to pay prior to our due date. Note: they received this payment electronically and it has been deducted from our checking account. Now, over a week later, we receive a letter stating that our payment will be refunded and they cannot accept or will not accept short payments and that we should submit the full payment.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Cenlar is a horrible company with a website that doesn't work so you cant pay your mortgage online. I had a horrible experience with one of their representatives. I called to get an explanation for the increase in my monthly payment and the person was incorrect in the reasons why so I asked for someone who could properly explain it and I was put on hold and hung up on. I had been on the phone for over 20 minutes trying to get this info.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I decided to prepay my January mortgage payment in late December. after waiting 1/2 hour on the phone I sent them an email asking them to cancel my January draft as I had prepaid the mortgage amount. That night I get a message that they will respond to my concern within 24 hours. Nothing. Two days later I send them a reminder. Nothing. On January 4th I call them. After waiting 1/2 hour online I get through and some lady tells me she can't cancel it because they need three business days notice. I told her I contacted them December 27 and ask to speak to a supervisor. I speak to Kayla **. She refused to furnish her last name. And refused to do anything because according to her to change the draft it has to be submitted in writing and email is not sufficient.

I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me that she was unable to transfer me or give me their phone number but that I could email them. LOL. I complained to the office of the comptroller. Unfortunately we cannot choose our loan servicer but I plan to bring this website to the attention of the VA loan administration. I suspect it is very easy for them to say that Cenlar cannot service VA loans. I suggest you people who have VA loans contact the VA and complain as well. I was in banking for twenty years and have owned several properties and have not had an experience like this yet. When people behave like this you have to start checking their figures too.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

After Hurricane Irma we were able to get a forbearance for 90 days starting on Oct 1st 2017 and going thru Jan 1, 2018 where I would begin making my scheduled payments again. Initially we were told the repayments for the months of our forbearance would take place at the end of the loan. They tell us now we were mistakenly told when the payments would start but the payments actually start now. They want it ALL IN FULL NOW! Or we could repay over three months which means our payments would be double or face foreclosure proceedings!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Terrible company!!! They're charging me for something every month and adding to my mortgage bill. Never respond to my emails, but when I'm trying to call them they just redirecting me to someone, but actually, they're redirecting me to the next representative several times and I need to wait approx. 30 minutes every time, and they are waiting when I hung up after waiting for them 2-3 hours or they just hang up by themselves, if I didn't it. Every customer representative tells me that they just don't see anything in my statement and there is no any fees or something and also they just can not answer my questions and cannot to transfer me to supervisor or manager. They promised me about 10-20 times that someone call me back and answer my question, but I'm still waiting for their calls more than year already... This company is terrible!!! I will not wish to even my worst enemy to have a deal with this company...

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

This company is really deceiving the public/veterans of VA loans!!! After hurricane Irma, we called for help. We got payments deferred for 3 months. Ended up paying one of the months anyways. We are farmers and veteran and after the hurricane and rain no work could be done for a long time. After telling us payments would be deferred no problem and we could set up and easy payment plan. When the time came this month, they told us we needed to pay 50% NOW only if you qualify or pay it in full...

HOW is this helping anyone and how on earth can someone afford $4k upfront after 3 months of no payments and no work??? DUE IN FULL? Really? Our other options were foreclosure, short sale or refinance? NONE of this was explained in the beginning. Someone please tell me how these companies get away with this? We were told we would have minimal payments or payments added to the end of the loan... Someone needs to make this right...and now our account shows late fees?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Trying to foreclosure. I have requested deed in lieu. But all this crap. I’m beyond frustrated. I been asking about lost $20k since 2015. I think that I am literally sending them same requested docs just different sign date. Then they request it again stating my request for deed in lieu had expired. It’s ridiculous. I have hired an attorney to request docs to no avail. I have requested copies of checks since 2015. Now in my second foreclosure due to move and loss on sale. Bla. They still can’t prove where money went in 2015. They sent me check excess of $6000 and tried to foreclosure for under amount requested after they said they sent me a check. Wtfff. Class action only takes two to start. Email me my second email.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My father a Vet has recently passed away. I have taken over my father's home and making payments to Cenlar. They have stopped taking my payments now putting my dads home in a foreclosure status. They have given me wrong addresses, wrong fax numbers. I have sent them my father's death cert 3x. They claim it was never received. I call almost every day can get anywhere with anyone. They never note my father's account stating going through probate. I have jumped through hoop after hoop after hoop. No one listens to a damn thing you say. Wait to talk to someone for over an hour if not more. One doesn't know what the other is doing. This company CENLAR would rather take your money, sit on it or never put it to your loan. Give more runaround than the electric co. I truly have no respect for this company whatsoever.

They would rather throw you out of your home than work with you. This is the most non American company ever!!! Cenlar mortgage company you all are a joke. They have the worst customer service just the worst everything all the way around. I mean really how many times does anyone want to keep pulling out their father's death cert and send it send it. You guys suck and are very hurtful. Your company does not even deserve 1 star. You deserve nothing because that it was you give us hard working Americans trying to survive. Very very pissed off daughter. My father's home is all I have left of my dad. Disgusting disgusting disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

First of all if you are reading this I'm assuming your loan has already been sold under the table to literally the most malicious company on the face of the planet. Let's back up 3 years. Just purchased a new home in Texas, one month later my loan was sold to the company Cenlar. All was fine for a few months then the red flags started popping up. One month approximately a year into my loan my monthly payment jumped up $400.00 a month. Make a call to Cenlar and they advised "We are not sure why there is an increase in your payment." It took me 3 weeks of dealing with some of the most incompetent people on the planet to find out that they made an escrow payment "on my behalf" in the amount of $3,000.00 and the 400 dollar a month increase was going to reflect that balance being paid off in a year...I'm not a math major or anything like that, but some things just don't add up.

Every month thereafter I spent a minimum, let me say this again, A MINIMUM of 4 hours a month in one phone call simply trying to pay my inflated mortgage payment. This goes on for another 2 years. A monthly payment that was 1200 a month was inflated to almost $2200 over the course of about 16 months. During the time of dealing with these people on the phone I have been lied to, degraded, and threatened with foreclosure notices for a problem that I did not create in the first place. At no point was I contacted about an escrow shortage. (Trust me I would have paid it cash) But this company practices predatory lending from what I can tell. I can go on and on with these horror stories, but neither of us have the time.

Let's flash forward to present day. After this company has made my life a literal living hell, almost caused a divorce, and borderline pain a suffering. I sold my house just to get out of their "contract". I've been out of my home for 3 months and they now owe me money for an escrow account. (Interesting though it was short.) Long story these people can not talk to each other between departments yet alone to the person sitting in the desk next to them. They were nice enough to send me a very substantial check for the overage in my account. Only problem it was a hot check. That's right. They can't even write a good check when they owe YOU money. I'm now on 33 days of dealing with them trying to overnight me the money that is owed to me. 3 supervisors later and I still can't get anyone to give me a tracking number.

Take your time Cenlar, I'm going to use it as my retainer to sue you anyway. Long story short, if you have the misfortune of having to deal with the most incompetent, malicious, hateful people on the planet earth. Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get them out of your life. Every 1 star Google review can't be wrong. I'm assuming they will never see this review, 1 because they don't practice ethical business and could care less about their customers, and 2 I didn't use large letters and a crayon to write this. In other news just got off the phone with them and the check that I was supposed to 2 days ago still has not processed because they created two work orders due to a "mistake on their end". 1 star just because it's the holidays and I can't give you a ZERO Cenlar. Merry Christmas! Any lawyers reading this wanting a solid case, got all kinds of good info for ya that I can put on a review.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Ins. Check issued 4 months after Hurricane flood. I got the work done and now the insurance company will not release the check to me. They wrote the check out to the mortgage company. Now the mortgage company wants me to get estimates for the repairs that I'm going to have done. I have already had the repairs done. I could not sit around in a sewer and smelly hours for 4 months waiting for things to come through the insurance company and Mortgage Company. The mortgage company refuses to give me my insurance check even though I'm the one who makes the insurance payments. I think I will just burn this check.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

After refinancing, my loan was handed over to Finance of America Loan servicing department before CENLAR bought my loan from them... Wish I was still with them but unfortunately lucky me I'm stuck with CENLAR... What really frustrates me is how amateur their website is and not very professional. The links they have for log in page do not work. It takes you to their main page to apply for the loan. Other links don't even open and the "Forgot Password link" well that goes to About Us page. This is horrible and very irritating.

I have to call them in order to reset my password??? When they should have a forgot password link and make it easier for the customer but instead I have to call and be placed on hold or take a good part of my day to get a simple password issue resolved. I will post the website link bellow in case you are wondering what exactly I'm talking about: https://turgenev.info/cenlar-login-bill-payment-customer-support. After finding out that the log-in is on the main site under Contact Us tab... Why do they have it under there? This should be on the main page not under a misleading tab.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Just had my loan transferred to Cenlar to manage -- not only is their new website basically useless, they are unable to update it or allow me to make payments. I try to call but continually get rerouted. What an awful company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have a mortgage serviced through Cenlar, who are supposed to pay my insurance. My insurance notified me that the payment was overdue. I contacted Cenlar, who claimed my insurance had "expired" (it still showed active under my insurance portal), and claimed they had tried to contact me (they did not), and claimed they had been unable to contact my insurance, a big name company with very easy-to-find contact information. I went ahead and paid the insurance premium myself, including late fee, just to avoid a bigger problem in case I can't get this worked out with Cenlar.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

My loan is under Cenlar (also known as Loan Administration, website previously www.loanadministration.com, now www.loan-administration.com). Customer Service Number 877-237-2662 (among many others). Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes whenever you call customer service. I waited 45 minutes for my call last week, and 30 minutes for my call this morning. I've had Cenlar since 2014 and have been very dissatisfied with their customer service overall, especially availability and access, and the website with limited to unavailable online support until recently when they finally switched to a more "modern" looking website. It's very hard/difficult/frustrating/irritating speaking with Cenlar because it takes them days (sometimes more than a week) to process payments, and/or make changes to automatic payments.

For instance, they will "accidentally/unintentionally" deduct twice the amount of your mortgage because you stopped the automatic payments a few weeks before (but for some reason didn't process) and/but you still made a payment. And now your bank account is probably in the red because of it. The representative I spoke with last week was the MOST helpful and understanding representative I've spoken with at Cenlar these past few years. The representative I spoke to just now basically scolded me without providing solutions to my issue, and I merely wanted to schedule payments that would be deducted at the time I expect them to be deducted from my bank (without having to guess how many days it take +/- 10 days for Cenlar to decide when to deduct the funds). I'm had it with this company. I'm comparing and looking for ways to have my loan managed by a better company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

If I could give them 0 stars I would! DO NOT USE CENLAR!!! Every single employee I've talked to is SORRY! They are not trained and they for sure are useless! They say, "Okay we will call you back," and NOTHING! I've been dealing with an issue caused by THEM for 3 months now! They "lost" one of my payments so I paid over the phone to find out that they keep reversing my payments even though my payments have cleared my account. They keep telling me I'm late when I'M NOT! They have reported it to my credit and dropped my score 81 points! I've sent in proof of payment 4 different times!!! And they still "can't find a payment." THE PROOF IS IN FRONT OF THEIR FACE!!! When I try to explain my issues to a rep they don't want to hear it and will not listen!! I've talked to supervisors, and they are just as bad!!! I AM BEYOND LIVID! DO NOT USE THEM. THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have been dealing with this company for far too long with the modification process. We had our home broken into. Everything was stolen and our home was vandalized in April of 2017. Our local police department did nothing to help me and my family. We had to stay at my sister's and brother in law's home while I had to get a protection order against the perpetrators to get them out of our home. They stole all of my banking information and drained our savings and checking account. We fell behind in May. I have been through a brutal process since then between my homeowner's insurance company Erie Insurance and Cenlar Loan Administration to save my home and keep it.

Our insurance company didn't pay out for loss of belongings until September of 2017 and was nowhere near the amount that it should have been being that it was 20,000 dollars worth of belongings stolen they only paid out 5,000 dollars and just about 2 weeks ago I got another check for damages and still waiting on Cenlar's claims department to do their part to fix the damages to our home. I asked for modification packet more than 10 times and finally got the packet a month ago. I turned in everything they have asked for in a timely manner and they have lost at least 20 documents and I have submitted after submitted more documents than any one person should. I received a knock on my door at 7 am this morning Dec 13th, 2017 for a notice of a sheriff's sale on my house for Feb 6th at 10 am.

Being that this company is a joke and unprofessional as well as they lose more paperwork than they should I contacted Homeowners Protection Alliance to help me with keeping our home because Cenlar seems to want to not cooperate with their borrowers and stay in contact as well as be honest with them. This company needs to be investigated due to lack of cooperation and communication as well as not doing what a mortgage company is supposed to do. I have never dealt with a company that is so much of a headache in all my life.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

It doesn't surprise me to read so many poor reviews on Cenlar Central Loan Administration. I have been at their mercy since 2013 when they bought my home loan. Almost immediately, they processed my monthly payments wrong, only I did not catch on until a year, or so later. At that time, I began questioning why I had "late fees," & why am I "late?" I never received a straight answer, was transferred from department to department, spoke to many rude representatives who clearly do not understand different loans, nor do they understand how to treat customers with respect, and how to assist a client to resolution. To make a very long, and stressing journey (with Cenlar) shorter: I learn much later, they have been charging me late fees, over the years (and other unexplained fees). Cenlar has been reporting my loan, as late, to the credit bureau also, for years now!

In short: it is their mistake, a very big one, BECAUSE they do not process the payments correctly on my loan! My monthly payments come in two parts. If they are not equipped to handle these type of loans, "partial payments," they should not buy them. Each month, for years now, they have been placing my payments into "holding reserves," "miscellaneous," "unapplied funds," and other like holding accts. After the due date, they eventually process the payments (for the month). This causes my account to constantly be in "delinquent," "past due," and other negative status. After my account appearing to be "late," so often, a very rude representative named Miss **, takes my call one day, and says awful things to me. I told her how unprofessional, and rude, she is. How misled. She kept insisting I am "late," "delinquent," and my loan "is in serious need of assistance before foreclosure."

I was never anywhere near foreclosure, then, or now. I wasn't even late! Next, another fee appears on my monthly statement, shortly after that very stressful call with Miss **. A "drive by fee." So they call it. I provided Cenlar with four different ways to contact me, and they did not use any of them. Two phone numbers, an email address, and my home address. Not once, did anyone call me, email me, or stop by. Instead, because of Miss **, they charged me for a "drive by." Stating they do that when they are not sure if someone is still living in their home! Reality is that, I explained to Miss **, I am always home, as I am caregiver, 100%, 24/7, to my daughter who survives with a rare, and terminal, illness! I am always home! My home is very much lived in. Always a car in the driveway. Had they actually knocked on my door, I would have answered.

Miss ** took it upon herself to report me as "a risk," without justification, or any real cause. And so, to date, this "drive by fee," along with over $700 in late fees (accumulated over the years) are still on my monthly statements, and account! I have written umpteen letters, reported this to many supervisors who always promise to call me back, and never do. I have written to Cenlar online, via postal mail, I call them monthly... and they have no real explanation as to why this has been allowed to go on, all these years. To date, they still process my payments incorrectly. Recently, in September 2017, they sent me two very threatening letters stating my loan "is in default." I have my receipts (from Cenlar) "verbal authorization" letters from January 2017-December 2017, to date, stating I made my monthly payments, on time, every month this year, including September! And last year too!

Since they bought my loan, in 2013, I have only been late a few times (legitimately), and never past 30 days! Not long ago, I insisted a supervisor place flags on my account to avoid any more unjust reporting to the credit bureaus, & to avoid my account being charged any more late fees, because they ADMIT (this past year), they ARE processing my payments incorrectly! Yet, they refuse to remove all those past due late fees! Now, they claim "the late fees came over with my loan back in 2013, from the previous lender." Which is another lie, because the last loan servicer reports my loan as "current," "paid as agreed," and "transferred." I did not have late fees with my last loan servicer! Recently, in October 2017, someone (from Cenlar) removed the flags in place on my account to protect me from any more mistakes.

This caused my account to be "late," once again, and the representative reported my loan as "delinquent" to the credit bureaus! The worst part, Cenlar continues to process my monthly mortgage payments incorrectly, and because a false report was made to the National Credit Bureaus, this affected my score. Right now, while I am trying to purchase a second home, because the layout we currently have with all 3 bedrooms, and the full bathroom on the second floor, does not work any longer with my handicapped daughter. It is a struggle each day, getting her up the stairs to the second floor for the bedroom, and bathroom. I found out how much more Cenlar has hurt my family, by falsely reporting my loan, causing my score to be lowered, once again. To date, they tell me I cannot pay online like everyone does, nor can I call in and process my payments through the automated system (like everyone else does).

I cannot mail them in, because when I would do that (years ago), they would lose my payments, and tell me they never received them. The truth is, they were placing my payments into "holding accounts." One supervisor even shared with me, "someone put a stop on your payments," with no reason he could see. Payments I called in, ON TIME. This also caused my payment to appear "late." It was there the whole time, at Cenlar! I cannot get in touch with the "research department," who keeps avoiding my ongoing issue with Cenlar. They do not provide you with a phone number. They give you the main number to the representatives, who all have access to my personal information, and yet they can never assist me, or help me process my payments. I have to call in each month, wait on hold for very long periods of time...sometimes 45 mins., only to eventually speak with a "supervisor" to take my payments.

Even then, there have still been issues with the way my payments are processed, and credited. Many times, including this month, while trying to make a payment, I am hanged up on! I spoke with the 1st rep. who "verified my information," which is another ridiculously long process. Asking the same questions every month. Every call... "do you have a phone," "is it a cell phone," "is it YOUR cell phone?" What kind of questioning is this?! Over & over again! They hang up on me (because they are not professional, at all), and when I call right back and wait and wait they ask me all over again. I tell them, I just called in, I just verified all this information, and they insist I need to "do it again." It feels like harassment, and discrimination, each time I call in. The reps. answering my call, do not accept I have NO CHOICE but to ask for a supervisor to assist with my monthly payments, to ensure they are processed correctly!!!!

They take it personally, and put me on very long holds, then hang up on me! I have reported this behavior, and unprofessionalism, for YEARS! This is how they treat their customers. Eventually, after calling back several times, I reach a "supervisor," so they say it is. This person will take my payment (verbally over the phone), and this is supposed to ensure my payments will be processed correctly, reported correctly, and everything will be Ok. I am on time, every time, all year long! And yet, this year, they report my account as "late," many times, causing me serious hardship (with my credit) and undue stress. Whomever posted a review about forming together, to get help from this crooked company, I am all for it. I want the late fees removed from my account, and for my account to be reported in the good standing, it is!

Cenlar did send the credit bureaus a letter, recently stating my account is not late, and is in good standing, HOWEVER they still process my payments wrong, mistreat me, forcing me to call in every month just to make a payment. The damage has already been done, and they still have yet to remove those unjust late fees from my statements! I have a file on Cenlar the size of a Yellow Pages (when phone books existed). I have documentation from each time I called in, wrote them a letter, waited on hold. Today, it took them 23 minutes to process my December's payment! I explain to them (often) I am 100% responsible for the care of my daughter, who has seizures, and relies on me for all her needs. I explain, I cannot sit on the phone for 20 minutes, or longer, each month I have to call my payments in. This is not right. It's unfair. I should be able to make my monthly payments the same way the majority of customers do.

I should not be subjected to such mistreatment just because I have to call in each month, and explain to every representative, why I need to make my payments with a supervisor, so someone there doesn't process my payments wrong, causing me greater problems, unjustly! I am seeking permanent resolution. When Cenlar sent the letter to the credit bureau stating my account IS in good standing, they also stated "your loan is being transferred." I was thrilled to read this! Good riddance!

This is last month's correspondence from them. To date, I have yet to hear anything else about WHOM is my loan being transferred to? WHERE is my loan being transferred to? WHAT is that contact info.? When I ask the latest person to take my call, to Cenlar, they claim they have no idea what I am talking about. Really? How is it that they do not communicate in this business? They do not understand all loans, and they do not know what the next department (in their company) is doing??? I am relieved to read I am not alone. United we stand! Let's do something about this!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017
    We had severe damage to our home during Harvey. Our insurance check was made out to us and Cenlar. It has been a full time job calling them every other day!

They lie, they hang up on you when they don’t like what you are saying. It’s amazing to me that they are allowed to treat people this way and that they are in business. I plan to consult a lawyer to see what our rights are. They sent us a letter about forbearance and now we are getting a statement for three months and they are saying they are attempting to collect a debt. I have the letter and a recorded voicemail from one of their employees saying that our account is current. They state that each of their phone calls is recorded. I have requested that a person from their management team call me back regarding the length of time to get checks and I have not received any calls from management regarding this matter.

They do not care about the people affected by the storm as they stayed in their recorded opening statement. This company is such a scam that I plan to do whatever I need to in order to be treated honestly and fairly. We have never been late with a mortgage payment and we do not deserve this treatment. A lot of people were affected by this natural disaster, being unable to pay your mortgage and other obligations that are normally always handled on time, is just something that is out of our control temporarily. Also months before all this occurred I have been trying to work with someone about removing our PMI, and I still have not gotten anywhere with this matter either.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I received my annual tax bill with a 5,000 state credit for solar panels I installed. I have contacted Cenlar multiple times without being able to get them to do an escrow review taking into account both semi-annual payments. After multiple times I was able to get them to send me 1/2 the money only after they paid the first semi-annual tax bill at the new reduced price, this was a July bill, now I am still trying to get them to adjust my escrow and pay back the money for the upcoming final December 2017 payment, also at half. Yes I sent tax bill to them twice, with wise answers back that they already had and I did not have to send. They continue to send me back and forth with tax and escrow department, now it is 11/8/17 waiting over a month for next response and review.

I went through a similar problem when my loan was transferred to them and had a tax payment made ahead they would not give me credit for, it took me a year to get back, this was last year when I refinanced. They refused to review escrow for overpayment until account was active for a year. Hopefully I will get the rest of my money back come December, I just would rather put it toward principal or have my payment changed rather than let them sit on. I really think the answers they give are on purpose to delay as no one can be that untrained, they just know they can waste your time and delay you. I think they stay up at night thinking and coming up with more delay tactics.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I called Cenlar concerning a hardship and was told I would receive a phone call later from "someone" who could assist me with the issue. I could not be transferred to this "person" because they were not receiving phone calls at this time. I was told they would call in a 24/48 hr time period. Waited the 48 hrs and no call. Called again and was told that it would actually take 72 hrs for callback but they would reset it and put me back on waiting for a call. 72hrs past from the first phone call and to no surprise 48 hrs past from the second phone call and NO CALL! Worst customer service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My mortgage was transferred to this company starting October 1st. I am going on the third year of owning this house and I have not had a single issue with payments. This is also my second time as a homeowner and I also never had any issues while dealing with multiple loan services and companies. I have never had a late payment in all those years. To start, this company sent a letter 4 days before October 1st telling me my mortgage had transferred. (They require by law 15 days minimum) They included no statement, no payment information, not method to pay, just a new account number. I called them up and I was informed that my first payment needed to be paid by check in mail and I wasn't allowed to pay by any other method in order to set up my account. I was also told Cenlar does not provide payment stubs or envelops so I had to buy my own and put my account number on the memo line on the check.

In response to my complaint that I was not given adequate notice to even make a payment on time they said it didn't matter because I get a 60 day grace period when a mortgage transfers. Sounded a little fishy but I mailed a check. A week later it still wasn't removed from my account so I called back concerned. The automated phone service told me it had received the payment so relieved I waited. It took a while other week for it to come out of my account. By this time we are going coming up to November. I still haven’t received a statement so on November 4th I called and made a payment by phone.

Two days later I noticed it still hadn't been discounted from my account so I called and spoke with a customer service woman and was informed that they will process my phone payment after the end of the business day (November 6) but then it would still take 3-5 days to come out of my account. I expressed frustration over no statements, no substantial information that I was given regarding this company. I was directed to a website that has no identifying information it even belongs to a bank, or any legitimate company. It has no company logo, and it looks like it was designed by high school students in the 90s. I'm hesitant to honestly put my social security in a login page that at best, looks like something a scammer would be ashamed of.

I am legitimately terrified on how to make a payment with this company on time in the future. I'm terrified my credit that I've worked so hard to make perfect is good is going to be destroyed by this company. I don't even know if they are applying my payments since I can’t get a statement. I regress, I've done some research into what I can do to try to protect myself from this sham of a company and I started by filing a claim with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. More people need to do this, this is the governments watchdog and you have some protection over being reported for late payments etc. while your claim is being investigated.

This also forces the company to respond to the complaint with the government. Please look into this! I have an open case but it didn't identify any other complaints about this company. consumerfinance.gov (855) 411-2372. There is power in numbers, something like this company shouldn't exist in this day and age. Everyone here should file a complaint if they have a reason to do so.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Last time my property taxes were due, Cenlar never paid them and I ended up paying late fees out of pocket (yes they are set up to be paid through my monthly escrow/mortgage/taxes payment). This quarter, I called ahead of time to confirm the correct amount would be paid by the due date (of course this requires an hour of waiting on hold). I had them tell me the amount to pay instead of me telling them so I could make sure.

The man on the phone said they showed $256 was due in a month. I said, "What?! I have the tax bill in front of me and it says $2,500 is due!". They told me to fax them the tax bill I have so they could fix it. I faxed it and emailed it. They responded to my emails with "case closed". Which DID NOT answer my question or confirm I would not have to pay late fees and interest again! I created ANOTHER email inquiry asking AGAIN, and they responded with, "you don't need to submit your property taxes, they are paid through escrow. Case closed." I'm so furious I don't know what to do.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The worst experience ever!!! First time homeowner, and this is the worst mortgage company EVER! The staff has absolutely no training in anything!!! Customer service skills are the worst! And they all say different things every phone call!!! They do not care to assist you at all! I don't know why this company hasn't been sued yet! Unbelievable!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

This company seems to have enough dissatisfied customers and customers that were treated unjustly that perhaps a Class Action Suit should be brought against them. This is the absolute worst loan company I have ever had to deal with. You can only talk with the phone bank and have to entrust that the information they want you to convey gets to the correct person. Everything I submitted the information and paperwork they requested, they would tell me after 30 days that it was not correct.

I have since sold my home and now they are trying to hold onto my escrow balance paying for PMI insurance in arrears, so they say, cause that is how they pay this insurance, and then paying for the month that the house was sold in. It was sold and they received the funds on the 3rd day of October, yet they paid the PMI insurance for the entire month of October. I would highly recommend that if you are thinking of taking a mortgage out with this company to stay clear. Also fight like crazy if your current mortgage holder tries to sell it to this horrible company.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information

www.cenlar.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use