1.23/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

Looking for a loan company?

599 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

Re-fi'd with Cenlar three years ago. The application process was online and easy, all my questions were answered promptly with a phone call to their rep. I got a good rate and their billing and notifications are on time and comprehensive.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I'm also in the Citibank to Cenlar transition. I will start by saying I just had a very professional and helpful call with a Cenlar rep-- she gets gold stars. However, my key complaints are:

1) We never received any information from Citi or Cenlar about the transfer to Cenlar to service the loan. She acknowledged I'm not the first to tell her this.
      2) I received the first statement from them about 5 days before the next payment was due (which is today). She clarified the due date was the date we set up to pay, and that there is a 15-day grace period beyond that, and that during the transfer, there is a 60-day blackout period where no negative actions can be taken against the borrower.
      3) My first 3 calls to Cenlar were via a maddening phone tree, which then dropped my calls after navigating through the access channels multiple times.

4) Nowhere on the statement do they let you know whether or not your auto-draft set up previously with Citi is still operative, and there is no place on the statement that reveals how their first payment collection was made. (Are they reporting a draft taken by Citibank? Did they themselves take the bank draft using credentials transferred by Citi?)

I haven't really used the website yet except to try to get a phone number (says unavailable) and I couldn't even find the chat link referred to on another information page. So the jury is out on how well that will function. Final resolution is that I don't have to do anything; that my auto bank drafts will continue uninterrupted. My actual wait time was not terribly long, either-- only about 10 minutes. She said that today was unusually quiet but that it's been non-stop for the reps there, with people often having waited a long time.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My mortgage was sent to Cenlar as well. I've had to deal with their customer service twice, so far no complaints. I also think the website has more options, especially when it comes to making additional payments. You can choose up to 9 additional payments. Today I made 3 additional payments. I don't like when banks restructure and send mortgages to 3rd party companies, but as long as there are no issues, shouldn't be any problems.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My husband and I bought our first home in Florida back in 2016. Our mortgage was sold to Cenlar a few months after closing. So far we have no complaints. The website is always available aside from routine maintenance and is easy enough to navigate. If it helps anyone I use the Google Chrome browser to log on. I know it's working because I just logged on this morning. They have features such as Budget Draft that are helping us pay off our home faster. This is when they split the mortgage in half to be paid biweekly. You also can set it up for payments to only come out of your account when you get paid. It's a nice alternative to refinancing because you can automatically take whatever extra principal payments you want every 2 weeks. Doing this has turned a 30 year mortgage down to a 10 year one and even if things get rough we can stop having them take out the extra principal payments with a simple phone call.

That being said I took off a star for a reason. As with any company, dealing with customer service can be a crap shoot. Some representatives are very helpful and give me what I need in a short amount of time. The reps who helped me set up the budget draft were great and I haven't had a problem since. Some don't know what they are doing.

Once I wanted to know when I could get the PMI taken off my loan and whoever I dealt with didn't know how to help me. I wound up just figuring it out myself. Sometimes the hold times are long too. As irritating as that can be the solution is simple. Hang up and call back when they are less busy if you do not have the time or patience to wait. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows you can't always get to all the calls when so much is going on. It doesn't have to mean they don't care about your call. It could be as simple as not having enough ears and mouths on staff to take it right that second. Also if you get stuck with a goober on the phone don't be afraid to hang up and try to get a better rep.

One suggestion I have to Cenlar is to be very clear when offering disaster "help." After Hurricane Irma knocked a 5 ton tree on our house in 2017 we reached out to Cenlar. They said they could pause our payments for 3 months while we figured out how we were going to tackle the repairs and tree removal. What they didn't tell us is that when those 3 months were up we were going to have to pay all three months mortgage in full. So this was more of a "die another day" strategy than actual help. We were under the impression that once we resumed payments it would be one month at a time and it would take just a bit longer to pay off the loan. Luckily we had the money to cover it or we would have been screwed.

All in all Cenlar hasn't given us any real problems. All our payments come out on time and are correct. If you get the right agent on the phone they can solve your problems quickly and efficiently. Some agents just need more training. Any company can have issues like that. Just be patient and check your settings for login problems. If they are that terrible try refinancing with a new company. As far as we care concerned we have no reason to waste money on jumping a ship that's not sinking.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

No issues with transfer of loan data. I was given notice from my bank that my home loan would be serviced by Central Loan Administration & Reporting. I went to https://www.loanadministration.com/, entered my loan number, etc, and all my info populated, and it was accurate. I read all the reviews. I feel bad for those that had bad customer service. Hopefully, all my interaction will be online. Good luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: July 13, 2019

What is with this company?! My mortgage was sold from UWM to them this past month and they charged my account 3x (1st, 4th and 10th). I called after the first 2 and got a reversal and they assured me everything was fixed and all set for the next month. Obviously not. I had to waste additional time with my personal bank, refunding overdraft fees and such. Terrible company.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This is the first review I have ever written about any product or company. But, after the incredible experience I have had with Cenlar over the past 30 days, I decided to publish my first one. It started when my home mortgage was sold/transferred to Cenlar for loan administration. When I learned of the change, I copy and pasted the appropriate information from my previous lender into the required cells in the Cenlar website/system to enable me to make electronic payments each month. After a couple of weeks, I received notice that my monthly payment was late. I contacted Cenlar to find out what was wrong and was told that my payment had been rejected by my bank. I couldn't believe what I had heard as that hasn't happened to me in over 30 years of making mortgage payments on multiple properties, so I asked that they help me figure out what was wrong.

After approximately two hours and several phone calls, we finally figured out that, in fact, I had properly copied and pasted all the appropriate information from my previous provider into the Cenlar site to enable epayments from my bank - except for the bank account number. And, even though the copied and pasted account number showed up properly in the proper cell on my screen, I was told that I would need to go back and enter it again by hand. An inconvenience and waste of time for sure, but not the end of the world. However, that's just the beginning of the story. Two weeks later, I learned that even though I had entered the next month's payment into the system as instructed, I was over-charged by almost $30,000 for that month!!!!

When I tried to find out what happened and how I could get this fixed, I was told that I had entered the wrong information into their system and that only my bank could address the problem by placing a "stop" on that month's payment. When I told Cenlar that the bank said they couldn't guarantee me that they could stop the payment - due to the fact that it was already "processing", I was told that Cenlar had no way of reversing the payment even though it was clearly wrong. I complained and was finally connected with a nice supervisor who told me that they, in fact, could issue a "reverse payment", but that they could only do so by issuing a manual check that I would receive within the next 3-4 weeks. Now, $30,000 may not be a lot of money to Cenlar, but it sure is to me. And, 3 to 4 weeks is a long time to go without it.

So, in summary, Cenlar's processes are outdated, their systems are broken - but, the call center agents are nice. Overall, the place is a joke, and I would strongly recommend avoiding it at all costs. Oh, and BTW - even though they describe themselves as the "...leading loan servicing provider ..." a main navigation button on their website is spelled Home Loam. Should have been my first clue.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Just like everyone else my loan was sent to Cenlar from Citibank. I have been trying for months to get in touch with Assumption Department so I can remove my ex-wife's name from the Mortgage. I have called approx 10 times, 10 Messages thru message center, Certified letter and not 1 single call or email. Then they have the balls to reply to my message stating to send a certified letter and state SOLVED at the end. It’s not solved. I have not yet spoke to a human when calling them. This has to be the worse company on the planet. ** Citibank.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I refinanced my loan with Citigroup. Firstly Citigroup has the worst loan officers possible but since I had paid so many fees already, I stuck with the process. I asked for a zillion documents and kept on losing them and asking them again and again. Once processed my loan went to Cenlar for loan administration. After a few months I wanted to lower my monthly payments and asked the rep how to do that. He had no idea. I kept on shuttling between Cenlar and Citi when someone suggested I inquire specifically about recasting. Firstly there is no person within Cenlar you can talk to figure out how much money would reduce how much mortgage payment.

They send you a letter and each inquiry and response take at least 3 weeks. You cannot get clarifying questions. Once I wired my recast amount, they applied it to my loan but did not lower my payments. I had to go back and forth several times and months for that too. I feel defrauded, cheated and have spent so much time just trying to reduce my monthly mortgage. I am shocked a company like this to allowed to exist and govt has not done anything about it. They are clearly making borrowers life more difficult and want to sit on our money and not route it to the cause it was meant to be. I am out of a large amount and still trying to recast my loan.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Every time I call these people they waste my time and frustrate me completely. They once left me on hold for an hour and a half. One rep couldn't even locate my account. Another posted my payment on the wrong account. The automated system won't take my payment and keeps transferring me to a rep who isn't there. At least they are VERY CONSISTENT.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Citibank transferred my mortgage with only about 6 months left on my 20 year mortgage. They have only made one payment correctly on my equity builder loan in 3 months: 2 payments withdrawn in one week(!!) with no recourse, no payment withdrawn when it was supposed to be withdrawn, payments not applied to principal (just "suspended" while my account accrues interest), the list goes on.

I have called them nearly every week, and while the customer service reps have been polite, they have no idea what's going on. I almost feel sorry for them because they are so clueless. I am grateful that my loan is almost paid off, because I can't imagine having to deal with them for years! I am crossing my fingers that they don't screw up my final loan payoff, but I won't hold my breath.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Hired an attorney yesterday to go after Cenlar. They are refusing to give out payoff statements after stating they would. Been several weeks. They are refusing to let me pay off my patents mortgage under $5,000 to charge my elderly parents more money. Run from this company.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I would not have given any stars at all as the whole experience has been terrible. I had been a Citi Mortgage customer for years and never had an issue with my mortgage. In April of 2019, Cenlar became the "accounting service" of my Citi loan. Prior to the transfer, I sent two payments to Citi requesting the first payment be reflected for March's payment and the second for April's payment. Citi cashed both checks and applied both to March's payment.

When I called Cenlar to address the issue, since Citi no longer handles the accounting of the loan, I am told by Cenlar that my Citi payments have been applied to the previous month. March's payment was applied to February and April's payment is applied to March. The rep said she would fax the history to me, but I still haven't received the fax. I am so confused as Citi has never shown that I was behind on my payments, yet the Cenlar rep says my April payment had not been made. Cenlar cashed the May payment I made and then sent three letters - one threatening foreclosure for being "one month behind", one letter telling me to contact HUD, and one for military service members. I am not a military service member and have never been.

My main issue with this company is their honesty. The letters I received stated they had been trying to contact me, which couldn't possibly have happen since they did not have a phone number for me. When I called the phone center their automation system did not recognize the loan number they assigned to me. I had to give them my SSAN. Never in all my years with Citi did I need to give a full SSAN.

I am extremely concerned about their business practices. I have not been able to log on to their website as my loan number that they assigned me is not valid. (Same as when I called their customer service telephone line). Frightening since they are the accounting service for my Citi loan. I authorized Cenlar to take a one time payment to bring my account current because I was so frustrated. I am lucky because I have the means to do so, but I am sure there are many that don't. After reading about other people's experiences I will use my due diligence to monitor Cenlar accounting of my Citi loan.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We requested a loan modification. Received the paperwork. Took a few days to review it. Asked for some payment information to be sent (which we never received) because funds have been inaccurately applied based on our bank transactions. We ended up signing the paperwork anyway (through notary service) and now they are saying that they are foreclosing on our house. What is wrong with these people? This is absurd. With all the negative reviews, surely we can get together a class action lawsuit. Looks like there is one already started. They are just looking for a whistleblower. This company does some very shady things that they should be ashamed of. We are going to look into other options to fix this. There has to be laws against this type of scam.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I refinanced my loan with NBKC. They sold my loan to Cenlar. My payments were to start March 1st and I opted for the auto debit bi-weekly payment plan. The nightmare started after I received a letter stating how much would be taken out bi-weekly and the start. I sent a full month's payment with the autodraft application in February. A week later a woman from Cenlar called me to ask where the check was. She said she was looking at an image of my application and check on her computer screen but didn't have the check. That was when I knew I was going to have a problem. They said my drafts would begin 4/10 which was wrong, they should have started 3/10.

In April they called me to say I hadn't made any payments in April and needed to make 2 mortgage payments because you have to be 1 month ahead to use budget drafting. I am paid up for June but will still be making the bi-weekly payments this month to stay ahead. I just received a bill due 7/1 for the full payment with a $61.92 late fee tacked on it. Dealing with CS over the phone is an absolute nightmare! I can't believe this company has been in business for 40 years, it seems more like 40 minutes!

Original review: June 1, 2019

My mortgage is with Congressional Federal Credit Union and they use Cenlar to process mortgage payments. We used our bank’s bill pay system to pay our monthly mortgage payment. The payment was withdrawn from our account per usual and on time at the beginning of May, however at the end of May we were notified by our lender that they were missing our May payment. We have been given the runaround by Cenlar and our Credit Union about where our payment went. They insist our bank has the payment, our bank insists the mortgage company has the payment. They have stolen $3500 from us and claim they ‘can’t find where the money went’. We had to pay our mortgage twice in one month and no one will take this seriously. This is how people go into foreclosure, banks stealing from their customers. I’ve never seen anything like this. Cenlar has over 600 complaints with the BBB. We need to file a complaint under FCPA.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Citi never sent a letter to notify me a change was happening. Next thing I know there were 2 mortgage payments withdrawn from my account. 1 from Cenlar. Contacted my bank to see what was going on only to find out Citi sold my mortgage to Cenlar. Talked to 2 different customer service agents who didn’t know why that happened to my account and when I spoke with the supervisor, he said at least I don’t have to pay my mortgage for 2 months. When asked how to get one of my payments returned, he didn’t help me one bit and said there’s nothing he can do and no one else that could help me because he already asked his supervisor. Well, 5 days later both mortgage payments went back in my bank account, then Cenlar decided to send me a nasty gram stating I was overdue on a payment and charged me a late fee....the date stamp was a day after I had called about my account. This company is garbage and unprofessional!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Before I describe their deceitful practice, I am hoping to find a lawyer who would be wiling to file a class action lawsuit against Cenlar, based on the hundreds of complaints here. My homeowner insurance expires in two days and despite the numerous calls I have made to Cenlar and spoke to countless number of service representatives, I will end up having to pay the premium out of my own pocket and then figure out how to get my money back even though Cenlar charges me each month for money to be added to my escrow account. My insurance company had been sending them letters about the premium due for the last two months but they never responded and I only knew about this problem when the insurance company sent me a letter indicating the cancellation of my insurance policy.

I then reached out to Cenlar but was treated rudely indicating that they had sent a check to the insurance company but that over three weeks and the check never arrived. They refused to call the insurance company and only on my sixth attempt, they stated that they would overnight a check. But again, that never happened. I called again and they promised to overnight a check this morning since my policy expires in two days. But when I called to validate that a check was sent out for overnight delivery, I was again told that this transition request was not approved and I would have to wait ten days for a check to be issued. My policy expires in two days!

I believe this company is conducting business in a dishonest fashion and I am confident that upon examining their books, the regulators and law enforcement will discover many shady practices, including not paying insurance premiums or property taxes from their customers’ escrow accounts. I have also filed several complaints to the federal regulators and will seek legal action in the hopes that this company will be out of business so some other lender will take over my loan.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Unfortunately, my mortgage was sold to Cenlar a year ago. And for a year now it has been a nightmare. They hardly ever answer their calls and correspondence through emails or on their sight takes sometimes weeks to get a response. One day I asked how many people you have working there as a joke due to they hardly pickup the phone. She stated, "I am very sorry but we are short staff and working on that situation as quickly as possible." Poor business.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My loan was sold by Citi to them. We had fallen behind on payments and were denied by Citi for a modification. I was trying to make payments on my own but struggled. Citi sent out certified letters each month regarding the payments. I got the letter they were transferring us to Cenlar as of April first. I called them to set up payments and see where we stood with them. Shortly after the loan transferred they couldn’t answer any of my questions because not all the info was transferred over yet. I set up two payments with them. One didn’t clear. One did. I called back to see what had happened with the other payment. I was told they sent me a “foreclosure” summary which I never got in the mail the phone then hung up. So I called back at that time I asked if I could still make payments. Before I got an answer the phone hung up again.

The THIRD time I called they told me I could make a payment with them so I set up two for this month. I just called yesterday to touch base and they said I’m in pre-foreclosure status. They will NOT honor any payments unless I pay 5000 in full. I seriously have spoken with these people weekly since the transfer and I get different answers every time nor have I at any point received documentation from them telling me formally that they are going forward with foreclosure. I was under the impression that I’m suppose to be given a notice of some kind and 30 days from that day to cure the default. I am done doing this myself. I’m retaining an attorney because I don’t trust these people whatsoever.

Original review: May 15, 2019

CitiMortgage sold/transferred my loan to Cenlar 9/2018. I've tried for months to contact them to set up Bimonthly automated payments because it's financially better for. Last week I received a letter stating I'm in danger of foreclosure. I'm not delinquent. I owe $865 for May, which I was willing to pay but was told I have to pay June's full payment before I could set up bimonthly automated payment. That all loans have to be paid 1 month ahead. I thought that there was a 15 day grace period for each month. I've had my home since 1995 & have never had to pay ahead. I'm truly not satisfied with the service I'm getting. I've not signed any agreement with Cenlar.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Unfortunately, my mortgage was sold to Cenlar. I decided to use their "Budget payment" feature in which you can send a payment twice a month to reduce amount of compounding interest. It seemed like a great deal. At some point, they decided to stop accepting my payments (because my bank was automatically sending them payments instead of them withdrawing the payments). It was the same payment they had been accepting for many months. My statements would indicate that they applied the payment then immediately removed it, which is crazy. What's crazier is that the money was not returned to my account.

My payments were going into thin air! Note that I pay additional principal each month and am not even close to being delinquent. I think it's a scam to try to make people delinquent then force them to pay fees. Note that they take forever to respond to messages and you'll be waiting quite a bit to talk to them over the phone, so having your mortgage switched to Cenlar is, well, time consuming and frustrating.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My CITI mortgage was recently sent to CENLAR to be serviced. We as consumers have no control over this. The service is really poor. First, the information they provided was extremely unclear if my automatic deductions would continue. The website doesn't show this. The "Chat" button actually is not a chat but simply FAQ. I have not found it possible to reach a customer service representative after two calls. Both with long holds. After the second call and being on hold for 25 minutes, the call "disconnected". I registered an online account and now after one day, the login doesn't work but the error message doesn't indicate why. This seems like an area where consumers have few protections when loans are resold other than perhaps avoid banks where they frequently resell to CENLAR.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Have been with Citi for decades. One day out of blue, 10 days before the next mortgage due date, Citi Mortgage notified me by letter that Mortgage has been sold to Cenlar. From that letter opening moment on, Cenlar has been trouble, no customer service exists in Cenlar company, Cenlar blame Citi for not setting up the automatic payment correctly. In April 2019, Cenlar took out 2 mortgage payments, Cenlar blames on Citi, Citi has no response to the errors Cenlar made. At the end I was out for 2 mortgage payments, not one payment. Cenlar, if there was 0 star rating for your company, that's for you. Citi gets 1/2 star.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Another victim of CitiMortgage's sending my loan to Cenlar for 'servicing'. All calls to Cenlar dropped (from various phones) 5x. Office open until 10 pm (but I called at 5 pm and no answer). When I solicit Citi's help, their calls to Cenlar dropped 2x. Cenlar website does not have basic information - like when my account will auto draft. All I want is a simple answer: does my auto payment stay in place. I'd recount the various confusing letters/notices from Citi and Cenlar - but you'd be better off reading Kafka. Citi and Cenlar's communication is a case study in confusion. Citi - will never work with you again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Citi transferred my loan. Made first payment April 1 2019. The next day I got a letter that said my next payment would be for $3400.00 for the loan transfer fee and the payment. I did not ask for them to take my loan.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I really can't understand why CITI sold my mortgage to this worst service company. If you want to pay off your mortgage it is not easy. It will waste lots of your time to call them several several times and always ask you to wait final statement. The wait time will make you crazy. I would like to say if your mortgage are unfortunately to be sold to this company. It's better to refinance with others than continue with Cenlar. Trust me.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Throughout the life of my mortgage (14 years to data) I've dealt with multiple loan services companies and have never experienced what seems to be intentional negligence from Cenlar. Here are a few of their practices: I did not receive the mandatory notice from Cenlar when my mortgage was transferred from Citimortgage. I have tried to access their 'portal' multiple times and it always gives me an error. I know loan servicing companies are required to have a certain uptime and it's been 100% failure for me. Bills (insurance and taxes) are not paid on time and it is very difficult to reach them to prevent issues with payments or enforce them. Wait time on the phone to reach customer service is typically 40+ minutes if it does not get cut. On the plus side, if you overcome the issues to reach a human, the customer service representatives are informed and respectful.

Original review: April 23, 2019

It's better re-finance than continue with this company. It's a scam and not sure why they are in business and taking more business. They messed up my escrow payments and now spending hours to fix it. Their customer service is so rude that one lady hung up on me.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Shame on Citimortgage for upselling my mortgage to Cenlar!!! The customer service (although most are polite) is not very well versed in operations. It is typical to be on hold for 30-50 minutes. The phone call is often randomly disconnected while on hold. I am refinancing my house and there was an extreme delay requesting documents AND they do NOT respond to e-mails. My loan is scheduled to close this week. I am STILL waiting on documents.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information