2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

cenlar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I am in the middle of applying for a new mortgage on an investment property and was informed by the lender that my previous mortgage company; Cenlar, reported my payment late in June 2020. [During this time I was on Covid forbearance and also transferred to PennyMac.] I called the number from the credit report, waited on hold for 56 minutes, and was told to send my bank statements and credit report to customerservice@loanadministration.com which I promptly did. I received an automated email back stating they could not assist me through email and to log onto their website and speak to a rep through their chat. I promptly did this. I was informed that they could not pull the email I sent and I would have to fax the documents.

I asked to speak to a manager and was then told they WERE able to pull the email with the documents. After reviewing the documents the rep stated it would take 60 days for them to review it and make the correction. I quickly explained that I did not have 60 days as I am currently in the middle of applying for another loan; and I asked to speak to a manager. The rep told me they could not give me a number to a manager. I asked again to speak to a manager, this time she said she would put in a request for a manager to call me back in 24 hours. No one ever called me.

I logged into the chat again today, had to speak to 3 different reps because they all kept closing the chat on me. I was told they were not able to help me through chat and I had to call 800-223-6527. I called and the rep was not even able to pull up my account. I was on hold for 30 minutes with this rep for her to tell me I needed to call **. I called the number, it asks you to put in your account number. It says it cannot find my account number and never gives an option to speak to a rep. Legally they cannot report your payment as late when you are on the Covid forbearance. This is costing not only myself but also my investment partner money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

It has only been since November/December 2020 that I've had a bad experience with this company. I don't know if something has changed within their department for such harassment to be occurring. Example: This December, I received an automated call on a Saturday that I need to take care of my December payment. The recording gave me an option to set up a payment arrangement, which I made for the following Friday. It made NO difference, I continued to receive calls almost every 20 minutes throughout the day. I called to find out if there was a possible glitch in their automated system and I reached a gentleman who was very nice, he apologized and said he would make a notation. That day and Sunday was fine---then come Monday, it started again with call after call after call...

I called again and spoke to a lady who was very nice and apologetic. She too said she would make a notation and said it was their automatic system. The rest of Monday was fine, but again come Tuesday, the calls kept coming. Bottom Line---It is ridiculous and misleading to offer an option whether it be via your automated system or via the Two (2) people I spoke with, because obviously it makes absolutely "No" difference because I was continued to be harassed. It is very disheartening. Again, I am not sure if there was all of a sudden some shake up within Cenlar's company to cause this type of harassment--but that is why I originally thought it was a malfunction in their automated system because for the most part, everyone I speak with at Cenlar seem nice and respectful.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Cenlar Loan Administration is Horrible Horrible Horrible. That is not subjective. However, the bigger issue is with the lenders/banks passing on their servicing shortcomings to Cenlar knowing they are terrible (In my case Citibank). Don't let your lender do the Pontius Pilate and wash their hands saying they no longer service the account and have nothing to do with maintaining the level of customer service care. Not only did they promise you at the time of account origination, and you expected, but as required by Mortgage Servicing Rules under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X). Hold your lender accountable as they ARE still accountable. File a complaint with CFPB. Easy to do online. They won't do much but enough complaints may accomplish something. Nothing you can do with Cenlar, they are just a mess. Period.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I pay my mortgage during the first week of the month. Cenlar has assured me that while they consider it "late," after the first of the month, it is not reported as such to credit bureaus until a payment is 30+ days late. Yet my credit report, which is otherwise excellent, shows 25 late payments! I am trying to refinance (not with Cenlar/Citi) and as a self-employed person, this can sink me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I didn't start through Cenlar, they just happened to buy my mortgage out. In October they did an escrow analysis to anticipate my next year's taxes, and my mortgage payment has now increased by $283 a month! When I bought this house in April, there were some back taxes owed on it from the previous owners. Those back taxes were paid at closing, but because they had been relieved onto my town tax bill it made the most current bill look much higher than normal. Because of that, someone in Cenlar's tax department that analyzes the escrow accounts used that figure to determine my next year's tax bill would be $2,317 for the year when in previous years they've never been over $700 for town tax.

NOBODY WILL FIX IT. They just keep telling me this is my new payment, $283 extra going out every month and I just have to suck it up. Any amount in escrow over what they pay out in taxes will be refunded of course, but in the meantime I have to come up with almost $300 extra every month for a mistake that nobody will admit they made. It's impossible to get through to anyone. They kept telling me to call my local tax authority, but when I spoke with the town I was informed the new tax bills won't come out until January.

The THIRD person I spoke with tried giving me a number to my local tax authority to pass me off again. The number she gave me went to the LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL. Then she said she had three numbers, so gave me the second number. The second number was MY BOYFRIEND'S CELL PHONE NUMBER. The third number was MY CELL PHONE NUMBER. If I'm the local tax authority then I do declare my taxes are not over two grand!

I finally got someone to order another analysis on my escrow and they were supposed to call me back with the results. Nobody called. I called them back and was told that there was "no significant change" to my escrow so my payment will remain the same. At almost $300 extra every single month. I demanded to talk to someone in the tax department and (of course) they don't talk to the homeonwers. I asked for a manager and was put on hold forever. Then I was told a manager would call me back within 24 hours. So I had to wait around for their convenience.

When they did finally call, I was in a telehealth appointment for my son and couldn't answer. They left a voice mail but didn't identify themselves. I called back, and was informed they'd order another manager phone call and I'd have to wait another 24 hours! I screamed at that point and they did put me through to a manager. Who basically told me this is my payment and I have to pay it. Doesn't care that it's wrong or that THEY MADE A MISTAKE, I'm the one who has to pay. Sucks to be me, there's nothing they can do. Or will do. I have to wait until the new tax bill comes out in January for them to see that it won't be over $2,000 and then MAYBE they will change it.

This is the most horribly inept company I have EVER had the displeasure of working with. I will be contacting my lawyer and shopping for a new mortgage servicer and trying to refinance through someone else because I will not give this awful company another penny if I can help it. Do not do business with them. They'll tell you you are your own local tax authority. If I could leave a negative rating, I would.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I recently took a loan which Cenlar administers. I registered on their portal and set my loan up for 'Autopay'. I could write a much longer email, but the short of it is: they sent me an email on 10/23 indicating Autopay was setup and ready to go. So, I assumed it so... Finally, today (12/14), I review my account and see that Autopay did NOT draft the November or December amounts... I immediately paid and then researched to find out why. On the website, buried at least 4 clicks down, and seemingly contradicting the email sent to me ('Account Management'/'Document Center'/'Other'/then find 2 messages - related to the setup (on 10/27) and the late payment notice) - I find a notice indicating December would be the 1st payment. Great. Thanks for burying this on the website and not sending it to me, but instead sent me an email on 10/23 indicating all was set up and active.

After being on hold all morning and speaking to 2 different personnel, I'm told that they don't think there's anything they can do regarding the late notice to the credit bureaus (but, I do have yet to contact their Credit Reporting department). I will try that, but believe that this situation should not have arisen in the 1st place - all they had to do was put that information (December start) on the email they sent me, like they did with the notice posted 4 clicks down on their self-service portal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

These people are horrible. First, I wait 2 hours to get on the phone with a rep to be told that they would be happy to help me and would email me the info I requested within 24 hours. 72 hours later we still haven't received our payment history. Their mortgage website doesn't allow for you to print off your payment history. I'm at the end of refinancing my mortgage and paying them off but For the life of me can't get anyone there to help. I wish I would have seen the reviews of this company before taking a mortgage with them 9 years ago

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I had NO ISSUES making bi-weekly payments to Citimortgage. Citi now has Cenlar handling payments. I added Cenlar as a bill-pay from my credit union checking account, to be paid every 2 weeks to them. Worked fine for about 2 months. Then I get a refund of my last payment, saying they don't accept drafts from banks or credit unions. So I filled out their paper to allow their bi-weekly payment program. That worked fine for 2 months, and then they stopped taking the payments out of my account. I logged into loanadministration.com to figure out what is going on, and the site says I am behind a full payment! I printed out my bank statement, showing all the payments I had made, and to show them that I was up-to-date with my payments. I pasted the bank transactions into an email on the loanadministration.com website, along with asking why my payment had not come out of my checking account. No reply from them...

So I've been on hold today (12/4/2020) for 15 minutes so far, only to have the rep tell me she doesn't know why my bi-weekly payments haven't been coming out, and that she sees where they had taken too much out of my checking a couple months ago. I told her, YEAH, I KNOW, I WAS OVERDRAWN! So now I've decided to simply go to the loanadmin page and pay when it is due. I don't trust them to take out payments from my account, which they haven't been anyway! Get it together people!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We are trying to pay off mortgage. We pay monthly via our Citibank eBanking account. We tried to use this or our ACH capabilities... BUT Cenlar requires a physical certified bank check. This requires us to go to a branch which is not recommended since we are elderly and immune system compromised. And, since Citibank closed our local branches, requires us to drive over an hour each way to get the check. Customer service took forever to respond and provided no help whatsoever.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

This company has been nothing but difficult to work with. I've never had a company make it so difficult to pay them money before. 90+ minutes on the phone and 5 transfers to other departments to try and get something resembling service. Their automated systems don't always recognize your key pad input. It's as if their desire is to make you angry enough to hang up. It's infuriating. Call your mortgage company and demand they never allow this Cenlar to have anything to do with your loan and if they do, refinance away from it immediately.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information