1.02/5
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

490 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Our loan was sold to this company in January, 2018. We were not immediately notified, when we were, it was via email. I couldn't sign into the link provided, I had less than a week to pay our mortgage. Long story short, after 11 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) I was able to finally get a proper link to proceed monthly. The customer service (except for Debby **) was horrible. The employees are rude and indifferent. But, I was relieved that we were set up, ready to go. Fast forward to today...I received an email this morning telling me my loan was sold again. They asked that I send my login to the "new" account. All I need is my SSN. I thought this was weird so I called them directly. I was told that my loan was sold and given a new loan #. Great! Except that it is the same loan # as my current loan.

Well, this can't be true, I was told. Then I was told, they have not emailed me for a long time, they did not send this email. However, maybe they did. Carlos said that maybe their records were not updated yet. He said it could be risky to enter data on this link. I asked him if he was going to report the possible fraud...not his department! He couldn't have cared less. He did say if I was concerned, I can call in my payment for a $5.00 fee. "Why would I pay $60.00 annually when the issue is yours," I asked him. Overall, this company has no idea what the heck is going on! I wish they would transfer my loan, immediately. Dealing with this company is a nightmare. So many people have filed bitter complaints. How are they still in business? A must to avoid!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I registered a month ago. This month when I tried to log in, I could not get in. I got an error message: "Have you re-registered your account yet? If this is your first time logging into our new website, you must re-register your account by clicking the “Register Now” button. If you have already re-registered your account and need assistance with your login credentials, please use the forgot password/username links below. If you have been locked out of your account, please click on the forgot password link and follow the instructions to reset your password. This will unlock your account."

I went through all the steps and still could not get in. So there is an option for an online chat. So I clicked that. I had to fill out a form to get to someone who answered the online chat. However, once I had reached that person, before she could help she required almost all the same information I had filled out to reach an online chat person.

Went through all the steps above once again and still could not get into my account. This was the final response from the online chat person: "I would recommend you to call in to speak with a live agent." It is user unfriendly and when a troubleshooter cannot solve problems says something about the bank. Deserves less than one star. I had someone I chatted with. I had to give information all over again. Cenlar is the most user unfriendly site I have experienced in a long time. Online chat finally.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Foreclosure - We just called Cenlar concerning a letter they sent to us. The mortgage is in my husband's name but he has given them permission, to keep on record, to speak with me. Their letter claims that they want to help us keep our home and can provide several options. However, we just called them, and the idiot disconnected the call because we wanted to speak with him on speaker phone. He claimed that Cenlar does not allow speakerphone calls. He didn't give us the option to take off the speaker but abruptly hung up. We have informed them in previous conversations that we were recording the conversation and they also abruptly hung up. This has to be one of the worst mortgage service companies. We do not believe that they want to help but rather are forced to give options by the government or banking oversight. We would be very interested in joining a class action suit against this horrible company.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I own a condo that Cenlar is holding the mortgage on, and ever since, they have continuously sent me letters stating that we have inadequate flood insurance. My insurance company calls them every time to explain we have the maximum allowed, and they say EVERY YEAR that they're going to correct the "coding in the system", yet it never happens. Just received another letter after being told that it won't happen again (on May 5th of this year). They are the most incompetent company I have ever come across. Is there legal recourse available?

Original review: June 1, 2018

You can call 10 times in one day and you will receive 10 different answers for the same question. Cenlar needs a better trainee program where all of their employees are on the same page with what they say. Thanks to the misinformation they provided me, I was forced to sign a loan modification that is only beneficial for them.

Now I have to pay my first payment of the modification and nobody knows what I am talking about, after sending all the notarized documents they required, no one knows how much I have to pay. What we agreed on the modification paperwork that was signed and notarized is not what they have on their system and now they are saying that there was a change on the modification... I am supposed to pay less now, but instead they are charging me more than I used to pay before the modification. Makes NO SENSE AT ALL! On top of that it doesn't matter that your conversations are recorded. I have asked several times for them to hear and the recordings so they can prove that what I am saying is true and they won't do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: May 21, 2018

Cenlar is an extremely incompetent company. Their customer service is disappointing. I have called at least 12-15 times since February 2018 about an issue with my escrow account and it still has not be resolved. There was an overpayment to my taxes of $807.19 for 2017. My school taxes sent the overage payment back to me. My county taxes sent the check to Cenlar. I requested from Cenlar, multiple times that the overage be sent to me. Then today I learned that they put $391.12 of the overage back into my escrow. I wanted overage money sent to me, not delegate as they wish.

They have my estimated escrow extremely high, so I ask for the escrow account to be reanalyzed. I was told it has been done and my escrow for taxes were correct. I contact my county and school taxes and they said the estimated taxes that Cenlar have are not correct. First, they did not send me my money for the overage of escrow. Second, they refuse to use the correct estimated taxes from my county and school taxes. I even sent them proof of the correct estimated taxes. Third, The employees that I have spoken to on the phone have been rude, condescending and will not listen to the issue at hand.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I received a delinquent tax notice in February from my local school district. Immediately I called Cenlar for assistance. After 10 calls and emails spanning from February to April, I was told to disregard the delinquent notice, and that no taxes were owed. In reality, I was delinquent with the county and school district, due to an error that the county made two years ago.

At this point I involved a tax consultant and had to pay both tax authorities on my own, including accrued interest, which was almost $5,000. I wrote a formal complaint to Cenlar, asking them to reimburse me for the accrued interest, and they told me that it wasn’t their fault. This was an error by the county and ultimately I’m responsible for the payments because these bills were “supplemental” due to the error, and that’s not part of their contract. How was I supposed to know that? And if they would have told me that when I called in February, I would have paid at that time and not owed the accrued interest.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Cenlar has put force placed insurance on a condo I own in Hilton Head Island, S.C. for the last two years. I faxed proof of coverage each year when I received a notification of proof of coverage. Cenlar's response is that because CENLAR wasn't listed as mortgagee on my policy the coverage was forced placed. Ridiculous. CENLAR bought my loan from Liberty Savings Bank. They claim to have left a voice mail for me and also the insurance agency that carries the property coverage. No such voice mail was ever received by me. As a matter of fact I would have probably never picked up on the charge if I hadn't gone into my CENLAR escrow account and checked it this year. It took them about a month to reply to my request for corrections which I am still trying to work out. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THIS APPEARS TO BE A PATTERN USED BY THEM.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My mortgage was sold to this company and I have had serious damage to my credit since. Cenlar has inaccurately reported payments as 30 days late to the bureaus and deliberately refuse to update the proper status. This is to prevent the consumer from improving their mortgage and ending the relationship with Cenlar. They are dishonest in verbal contact and never respond with context in their written communication. The company continues to violate the Fair Debt Collection and Fair Credit Reporting acts without fear. By all means, do NOT do business with this group. I have never experienced this level of treatment from a legal outfit but that is because the consumer is not a customer, to Cenlar the consumer is a victim.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I had my loan bought out recently by this company. My payment changed due to escrow changing. I sent in the old payment amount, and they returned my payments. When I found out, I told them I hadn't received the return payments, and they must have gotten lost in the mail. It has taken them a 1 month to resolve this matter. They keep giving me the shuffle around when I call. I spoke to a manager named Chevon at extension **. She instructed me that she would call me back when she could resolve the issue. Long story short, she never called me back. Every time I call they give me the runaround. They either hang up on me or say they will call me back. They don't apply payments appropriately. Completely inept!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have had my loan for going on 5 years, for no reason whatsoever they upped by PMI, I called, they said it could be removed, then they send me a letter saying, evidently their original customer service person doesn't know the % or it keeps moving. My point being there was no reason for the increase!!! I am going to let you know and the Better Business Bureau and my real estate friends... and I have several NOT to use them!!! I called, they said I was eligible.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Residential Mortgage - Due to selling my house in Dec I ended up paying my property taxes 2x (not Cenlar's fault). I have been working to clear this up since January... which is where my issue stems. Instead of signing the release forms to allow the city to refund my taxes to me, Cenlar had its 3rd party agency collect the amounts. They received the monies (well over $10,000) in February, yet have refused to refund the money to me despite multiple requests and multiple verbal confirmations from their customer service department stating that the "check will go out shortly". I recently elevated the situation to a customer service manager, Paul **. He told me that the previous agents had not fully looked into the situation, but he would. He responded with one follow up email, but since has disappeared. I am guessing I will have to get a lawyer in order to recoup my money.

Original review: April 25, 2018

18 months ago, after paying the mortgage on time for 10 years, our payment was going to go up from $950 to $2200 because we had an interest only loan which became a principal and interest loan, which we could not afford. I tried to ask for time to sell the house. I tried to get them to extend the interest only payment until I sold the house. I ask for a deed in lieu, I ask for a Short sale. I sent paperwork to them for over a year and they ignored every effort I made to get past this problem. I hired a realtor and an agency that tried to help me. Cenlar ignored every effort that I tried. They foreclosed on my house last week without any contact. This was GMAC mortgage that was transferred due to GMAC bankruptcy. The Fed gave them money to create Ally Bank and I got nothing. Talk about Corruption!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Last year Cenlar added an additional Insurance Policy with flood insurance to my mortgage, therefore increasing my mortgage payments due to an escrow shortage. I have insurance through American Family and they added Travelers Insurance Company, and I have a third floor condo so funny they would add flood insurance, they issued me a refund.

One year later today, I am at a shortage again in escrow and my monthly mortgage payments are going up, this time they said my taxes increased, and because of the refund check that both combined added to my escrow shortage. I am calling Tax Dept. tomorrow and getting a report from Cenlar to go over everything. I saw all these comments and my heart hurts to see these reviews. I just spoke with the law office that sued and settled the case ** vs. Cenlar, Attorney Max ** foreclosure boot camp, Ms. Hao ** and Baraza Law firm were all involved with the success. I truly want to just find a new loan, somewhere else, because something just isn’t right.

Original review: April 20, 2018

BEWARE!!! Since July 2017, I have been dealing with the most INCOMPETENT BUNCH OF ILLITERATE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DEALING WITH, IN MY LIFE! Not one single person that you speak to knows the answer to ANYTHING and when they don't know, they just hang up! I spent over 5 hours of my life, that I can't get back, trying to have them fix their "Annual Escrow Projection" for the year to come. After being hung up on, 4 times, I finally spoke with someone that said she understood my issue and would fix it before the new payment increase/decrease would take place, IN September 2017. We own 2 plots, one for our home and the other is a lot right next to the house. We pay property taxes every 6 months and obviously the taxes for the house are much greater. These MORONS double booked the property taxes for the house 4 times, instead of 2, which made our "escrow short".

Our monthly mortgage went up over $100 plus per month, according to their projections. When I didn't receive the "updated" escrow analysis, I wrote not 1 but 3 letters requesting under the RESPA act that they fix their errors. Well, that never happened! When it came time for their "inflated" amount, I sent them the correct amount, which was actually a little lower than the prior year. THEY HELD THE CHECKS AND FORECLOSED ON MY HOUSE! I NEVER received a "default" letter, well let me say that I did, AFTER they foreclosed! Apparently, they DON'T take "partial payments", as they stated. I asked them where my checks were and 3 different reps HAD NO CLUE! According to my contract with the "original lender", who isn't actually our lender but in fact a MORTGAGE SERVICER, we could make partial payments.

Although these weren't partial payments, they just put the check up and then after they foreclosed, the checks mysteriously appeared and they mailed them back! I had to put up almost $400.00 to file Chapter 13 to stop the sale of our home. We didn't find out through them nor their attorney about the sale, at first. In fact, I got my mail one afternoon and received a bunch of letters from other Chapter 13 attorneys and THAT WAS WHEN I FOUND OUT THE HOUSE WAS UP FOR SALE - they wanted to "represent us in filing Chapter 13... WHAT??! Then, I panicked and called one of the attorneys that I received a letter from because the only way CENLAR would stop the sale was if I paid the loan up current. Well let's see, the loan WAS paid but they wanted late fees, property inspection fees... The amount was almost $4,000 more than we OWED THEM!

This being our first home, I sent the attorney $3,000 for help. He assured me that he would do this and that, **! I ended up losing the money and found out less than a week before the sale that I WAS PRETTY MUCH SCREWED! I then researched and called the HOPE hotline. I worked out a loan modification agreement but I wanted them to fix their errors because had they NOT have charged us an inflated rate to begin with, THE LOAN WOULD BE FINE. Long story short, I am now waiting for another attorney to look over the paperwork so we don't lose our home! This has been the 2nd worst experience of my life... The first was when we waited for almost 3 months to even close on this house! CENLAR has destroyed our credit and have reported totally inaccurate information to the credit bureaus...

You can BET that I will be filing charges against them for that. For now, I am trying to save my home... It has literally consumed my entire life for about a month and a half now! I have a 9 year old son and he has asked for me to play with him but I CAN'T and I try to explain that BAD people are trying to take our house and I have to concentrate on this but to see his poor face, it is upsetting and unsettling, to say the very least! If anyone has any suggestions on how to nail these S.O.B.'s, I am all ears! I will do anything to make them pay for turning my life and my family's upside down! If there are any attorney's (that don't want $12,000 plus) that can help, please sent me a message...

THEY HAVE VIOLATED A FEW ACTS, THAT I CAN PROVE, and I want to nail them to the wall! Sorry so long, I just had to get it out! No one else to vent to and I came across so many people complaining about them, I thought I would put my story out... PEOPLE, BE VERY CAREFUL! They are slime and will pull dirty ** to get your home, by any means possible, all due to their mistakes!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

They are overcharging me on my escrow account. Property taxes were lowered after we homesteaded property significantly and insurance premiums were also reduced. Somehow my payment jumped over $200 per month. We have sent in the required info to correct this increase FOUR times yet they claim to not have it. Never heard of this company until our loan was sold to them after purchase. Completely disorganized company and customer service reps are no help!

Original review: April 19, 2018

We've never miss one payment nor have we ever been late for payment, yet we are being evicted out of a house. Our loan was sold to Cenlar but yet Cenlar never notified us that they had a loan (I do put some of the blame on the previous company as well for this as well). Regardless, once we found out that Cenlar had our loan we paid them on time every month for maybe about a year-and-a-half. One day when we called to make a payment they told us that they no longer had our account. Turns out they'd actually sold our loan to another company a long time ago and never told us, but yet they were still taking our payments every month. We did some research to find out what was going on with our house since we'd discovered we'd apparently been paying the wrong company, and it turns out that not only was it in foreclosure but it had recently been sold!

We are now working with the company that represents individuals like us - who have documentation of every payment and phone records with the dates that we called Cenlar to make the payments - that are being unlawfully removed or evicted from their house. However there's still nothing anyone can do at this point to reverse the fact that our house has been sold... meaning our family has to leave our house within a reasonable amount of time and find another place to live.

The biggest issue I have with all of this is that, I could understand if we were notified that Cenlar no longer had our loan, but we were not. Even worse, there's tons of people who are still living in homes who are two and three months behind on house payments, but yet our family who paid promptly and on time every month is being asked to leave because Cenlar was still accepting payments that should have been going to another company that they failed to let us know they'd sold the loan to. I would not recommend Cenlar to anyone. They may be helpful to some people, but from what I can tell it appears they have way more complaints and compliments.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I give them 1 star as they aren't even WORTH 1 star. But the system wouldn't let me not pick a star and I wasn't given the option of negative stars. The worst mortgage company EVER. Never sent my statement, I had to call THEM to get a statement. Then they suggested, I just drop a check in the mail to them WITHOUT an account number or payment information. When I finally pressured, I was told I could print out a statement on their website. NOW I am getting threatening letters from them that I do NOT have hazard insurance and they will be purchasing this for me. I have talked to three of their "Customer Service" representatives, yet I continue to get these threatening letters.

THEY purchased my mortgage from another lender, it is NOT MY job to ensure they DO THEIR job. I have supplied them MULTIPLE times with proof. If they cannot find the documentation provided to them it is NOT MY problem. That would be their problem. The documentation was provided to previous mortgage lender - it is still valid. They have all the documentation they need. If they EVEN try to charge me some scam insurance - my lawyer will be speaking to them next.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a newly constructed house during the middle of the year and our mortgage was sold to Cenlar. They told us that the insurance was not calculated properly and they adjusted the loan payment to include the whole year. My husband told them that he wanted to pay the amount owed for the insurance because he did not wanted it in the loan payment. They told him the amount and he paid it in full, but each month thereafter it's been a battle with them because they are still including the additional payment for the insurance. They have set up their website so that you cannot pay any other amount than what they have determined that you owe. When you call and they look into your account they will tell you that they see where you paid for the insurance and the correct mortgage loan amount but they cannot accept anything less than the amount shown which is incorrect and is over the mortgage owed.

Every month I call and they tell you they will get a supervisor because they cannot change the amount and put you on hold for over a hour. My husband is working in the Middle East and he called this morning and was so frustrated because they would not do anything and he was waiting for more than an hour and he hung up. We have also been trying to login on their website for several days and changing passwords because it would not let you login. Every password was not accepted, after several days I finally got in and paid the amount stated even though it was over my mortgage loan amount because I did not want my credit rating damaged, but I am so frustrated with this company. They are the most unreasonable company with extremely poor service and no help to their customers. I have been trying to get this matter resolved for several months and I am extremely frustrated to be overpaying every month.

Original review: April 13, 2018

These people can adversely affect your future livelihood. My mortgage was sold to this place. I had never heard of them, and wish I had never gotten the opportunity to work with them. We had one bank bill pay error and our mortgage payment did not get sent properly. As soon as I found out, I immediately called Cenlar and made arrangements to get it corrected. The CS Rep I dealt with assured me that I would not be reported to the credit bureaus for being late. Wrong! They dinged my credit. I disputed it. But failed to do it with all the bureaus. They took it off of an agency called Innovis (?) but when I tried to remove it from the others, they denied and put it back on! Disastrous Customer Service, very dishonest. I was directed to send documentation to their CS email. I did and no one cared to review it. I got a response back telling me to send documentation... They had no clue.

Their automated email response states you will receive a response to your emails within 24 hours. Nope, try at least 2 weeks. I am looking to buy a new home and because of this company, I will not get as good of an interest rate. I am not sure of the lending rules... But I will do whatever I have to do to make sure my loan is not sold to this company ever again. Horrible.

Original review: April 4, 2018

It’s been 2 years I’ve been battling with this company to remove a fee for 2 payoff statements I never request. They said I requested a payoff statement on Nov 23 2016 AND Nov 28 2016. Within 5 days!!? 2 statements?! What for? I've been with them for 4 years. I never modified my loan. I've been contacting them for 1.5 years and they can’t tell me who requested it. Why it was requested. And who gave them permission to authorize charges from me without me knowing. They gave me the run around of saying “we’ll put a note to remove it”. It’s been a year and still on every statement.

Beginning of 2018, I called again and this time they say put it in writing and fax. 1 month later I received a letter they cannot remove it due to in mandatory state of California to charge the fee. Why would the state of California request my payoff statement??!! April 4 2018, Porcha wouldn’t remove the fee or take any action for me and she said “go ahead and file a lawsuit then”. Seems like the run around from consumer gives them joy. They’re taking my money and making me pay for something that they can provide reasons to why. Scammers.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We purchased our house in 2017 through a separate company that sold our loan within weeks to Cenlar. In October we corrected the taxes for the mortgage but Cenlar overplayed by $3500. EVERY month starting in November they reject our payment and we have to call them EVERY month. They screwed up and expected us to pay for their incompetence. And every month they say it’s been corrected. They send the check back to us instead of calling of discussing. This month we paid and they sent the check back to us. We talked with them 3 times and was told to pay again and to deposit the check. Today I get a notice from my bank that the check I deposited was stopped by Cenlar and, "Oh by the way we’re charging you $10 also..." So another call... I’ve waited for 3 weeks now for a manager to contact me. I want to know what I need to do to get my account transferred to someone that knows what the ** to do...

Original review: March 27, 2018

I too have been forced to deal with CENLAR since my home loan was sold to them in 2014. Last August (2017) my house was flooded from a failed water heater. I filed my claim in early September with my insurance company with instructions to send this check to CENLAR. This is when the real fun began. Since then I have been required to send two reimbursement checks from my insurance company. This is something I had to do. CENLAR must also endorse my homeowners check before we recoup our expenses. Keep in mind I have been through two iterations, now working on number three.

Their incompetence is stunning! The first check was sent to their claims center in Florence S.C., perhaps as early as October 1st. After thirty days I contacted the claims center (this too requires an act of God) to check on my claim. Despite having my account number, my insurance company check number, the check amount, their own claim number and finally CENLAR's own tracking number no one knew a damn thing about it. I'm now working on the third insurance check. Instead of sending this check registered mail with an equal registered mail return, I'm tempted to fly to Florence S.C., physically place check number three in their hands then wait until a simple stamped endorsement on the back of check three and is handed back to me. If your mortgage is sold to CENLAR I feel for you. I don't know to accomplish this but if it is possible to have some other mortgage company purchase your loan DO IT!

Original review: March 26, 2018

This is hands down, the worst company I have ever had to deal with. We live in Florida and had to deal with hurricane Irma. They offered us a 3 month forbearance, in which we accepted. 3 months pass and they stated that we owe for all 3 months at once, it took a complete miracle to get someone on the phone as I was placed on hold for over 40 minutes, and couldn't get a hold of anyone for a week. We finally got a hold of them and they offered to break up the payments. In which we paid on time. As of recently, they reported this to my credit as being 120 days late on my mortgage!! Which is completely false!! I reported this to the credit bureau and they are currently in a major dispute with them.

Cenlar, claimed they mailed me a paper to sign agreeing to the forbearance, which was never received. They are now sending me this document, and because they stated I never signed I but paid everything on time, they reported it to my credit. I have tried calling them again for this, but I'm constantly on hold and I am not allowed to access my account from their website. I am seeking legal action against this company. As their employees are very poorly trained to handle anything. I am looking forward to the day I no longer have to deal with them. Avoid this company at all cost.

Original review: March 26, 2018

This company has the worst customer service possible. For four months I have tried, and am still trying, to update my loan documents. The message service on the website is terrible and when I write, and they do nothing, then they reply that the case is closed. Phone calls are even worse, after transfer to different departments, each employee has a different answer and promises that the documents will be updated with the correct information, and of course, they are not. Be warned - and look for another mortgage company.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This company has been nothing but a nightmare to work with. The customer service is understaffed and has a lack of training. They give you the run around when you call. There is a reason it's hard to find their phone number on their website. Also, we refinanced with another company and they were by law supposed to send out escrow money back within 20 days, and they didn't. Complete joke. Use somebody local.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We have trying to do a loan modification after Hurricane Irma and it seems is almost impossible. CENLAR customer service needs to be trained better, from answering- transferring calls to read/ find and provide the correct information to clients. I have been calling every week since January to get an update on my file and every time they ask for the same documents over and over again. I have spent more than $60 dollars faxing documents and we are still waiting for a response. While typing this message I have been on hold for than 30 minutes after I asked for a supervisor. This happens every time I call. Please respect consumers!!! I hope someone reads this message and help.

Original review: March 21, 2018

By far the worst loan company EVER. I have been trying to get them to adjust my taxes d/t payment under protest for four months. I have talked to several people and have never gotten same answer. They want me to continue paying higher payment even though my court house has given them proper information. And every time you call plan on having at least an hour on hold.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our family was sent an email after Hurricane Harvey hit our area in Kingwood Texas. All we had to do was reply yes to an email and then our loan would go into forbearance for 3 months. After that we were to start making a regular payments and then fill out some paperwork to get our loan either modified or for the three months that we did not pay to go to the end of our loan. Three months later we made our first payment. No problem started the paperwork up the next month January. We tried to make a payment over the phone and they said we were no longer allowed to make payments because we had missed too many. They said to set aside the money and once the loan modification process had gone through we have catch up on our payments. We could not play online, even though we tried to each month. Each month I would try to call and make a payment and they said that we couldn't make a payment because we are too far behind.

So we kept saving our money and then yesterday after sending in all of the paperwork I called to where the process was. They said that we were in foreclosure because we had not sent in the right paperwork, even though we did receive no additional letter saying that any more paperwork was needed. That same day after I got home we had a letter from a lawyer saying that we were now in foreclosure and that we owe the full amount of our loan. Each time I would talk to a different person on the phone they would tell us that yes we had all your paperwork or no we didn't have a your paperwork or we had three copies of your paperwork. Never consistent.

So my husband finally called today and they said there was nothing they could do to stop the foreclosure process, we just had to call the lawyer and Faith pay the full amount of what we owed including the 3 months of forbearance they had offered in the beginning. He asked handedly if there was a supervisor that would be able to take us out of foreclosure to which the customer service representative replied, "No. Not really. You can try to wait it out but your house will go into foreclosure."

We are responsible people who did everything they asked and they still managed to put us into foreclosure. Luckily we set our savings aside for each month and are able to pay the full price, but know that other victims of hurricane Harvey will not be able to. This company should be ashamed of itself and the federal government should do something to regulate what it's doing to other people who are in crisis and have gone through the traumatic events that hurricanes bring.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Paid in full and they still won't close my account. As always I CAN NOT PAY YOU OFF. Thieves. So what now? And still 2 months later I owe ONE PENNY and they want to keep charging me more, yet they have my escrow money and I am unable to pay it off in their own system. Disgusting.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information