cenlar.com

1.1/5 (727 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

This company is so unprofessional, does not communicate and will sit and sit with excuse after excuse to give you the run around forever more until they claim they do not have what they need and your home is now facing foreclosure. These crooks know what they’re doing and someone needs to be audited instead of taking people's hard earned money and homes a way to benefit their own.

It’s so sad to be dealing with a modification over a year and a short sale for over two years for them to tell you, "We need this one document or else we cannot help." Who honestly does this to a retired veteran just getting out of the military after 23 years of service trying to do a short sale to another veteran that they deny to sell a home at $377,000 when it’s valued at 425,000. Keep in mind this is a short sale. These crooks will do whatever they can to promise everything but they wait for the time to go buy until it’s time for foreclosure. Just another way for them to write off tax. Please advise if you have to come across this company in any way, shape or form get an attorney!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I got away from CENLAR 2 years ago. But I told myself that I would continue to post negative comments about them. It was so bad for me I could not even get a payoff quote when I got ready to refinance. I could go on and on. But in short, it's nothing but gross incompetence! And I also say, shame on Citi Bank for partnering with such a lousy company! It makes me never want to do business with Citi Bank either.

I keep asking, where is the accountability? It appears Cenlar continues to operate with impunity. But, perhaps, one day they will be held accountable if people continue to file grievances with their elected officials including your States Attorney General's Office. But, I would also urge people to contact the following organization: **. If you have not already contacted them, please do so. I got results, and you can too! Check out their site for more information. But, more than anything, my hope is that one day they will be held accountable and put out of business.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had 9 mortgages with Citi from 2007 until Cenlar took over circa 2019. Perfect history! Then Cenlar said I was months ahead on some loans, behind on others. (All payments were made via BillPay, my bank directly to Cenlar.) They were apologetic, in writing, then did nothing. Late fees added up, my credit score was shredded, even the HUD counselor they referred could not get through to them. They promise to correct the problems, then ignore you. I sold many properties just to get away from them. I couldn't refi because they ruined my credit. They should be indicted for something. They destroy people's hopes with impunity. (After a conference call, I didn't hang up, and overheard the two Cenlar employees laughing about the stupid customers). Get away if you can!

Original review: April 14, 2022

As a first-time homeowner, military veteran. It is a nightmare to work with this company. They do not follow up with their customers when assistance is needed. My mortgage doubled due to the increase of property taxes in Texas. I am exempted in paying property taxes. Mar 25th I submitted my benefit letter from the VA, they needed additional document. Apr 7, I submitted a letter from my County Tax Assessor exempting me of my property taxes (apparently they do not honor that letter). They were looking for the Tax billing for this year's property taxes (which I received last week). I am now sending this email out today. Other vets had said the letter from the County Tax Assessor should have sufficed. But this company fails to honor it. On top of all this I'm the one who has to call in to get follow-ups on the status. Not one email, or call back. An automated email would populate stating to give them 10 days to review the document/s, but nothing after.

This company, I do not know how they continue on with their business. They are a disgrace to our military who can not have a peace of mind because this company do not honor various letters exempting them from paying property taxes, land that they deserve and fought for. Lesson learned: When choosing a lender, READ REVIEWS. I should of known prior to accepting Cenlar as my mortgage lender.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Previously when they paid my property taxes to the incorrect Block and Lot number. It took months to resolve. Today I got on their chat system. Their tax options didn't have the menu items I wanted, so I guessed I could talk to a human. After one question this human ended the chat, without asking if I have a follow-up question. I had them. My last message was: "But I wasn't done yet..." I have had better experiences with Comcast.

Original review: March 24, 2022

It's totally exhausting. It took them 6 months to pay the due taxes to county, I used to call them once a week to remind. They finally transferred my loan to another company. They also don't respond on time.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Citibank sold my loan to Cenlar, and since I was able to log into their platform ONCE!!! And then for no reason I can never log in again after a million password rest. Opening a support case goes directly into the trash.!!! I will never do business with them again! Got a refi and moved away from their platform and useless support. I will also be moving away from Citibank for selling my loan to them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

In an attempt to come out of Special Forbearance during COVID, I submitted all of my paperwork l, as requested. While filling out the paperwork, I called in to ensure I was documenting everything properly. The representative at the time helped answer my questions. After submitting the paperwork via mail, as well as email, I waited to hear back. One month later I get a letter stating I was denied further assistance due to insufficient income. I immediate called in to Cenlar Customer Service to ask why denied, as I had very sufficient income now. The rep at this time told me that incorrectly filled out the income section, and to not worry, as she could update and re-submit a request to the underwriters. The rep at this time kindly input all the income information I provided her, and stated not to worry, the system advised her that I pre-qualify based on my updated income information.

Another Month later I call in to see if there are any updates. The rep at this time said the information I last submitted was still under review. She also asked me to update my income information to make sure all is correct. I provided this rep my information again. She also stated I had sufficient income to pre-qualify for Modification. Both of these reps advised me that Cenlar will be following up with me to advise of Re-Payment options for my Mortgage arrearages.

I called yesterday, 2 Months later from last call with them, since I did not hear back on anything. I was advised by the rep at this time that my case was closed 2 weeks ago. I was never called or sent any emails, or documents. No documents online either, providing any updates! I advised this rep that I spoke to 2 reps within 2-3 previous Months about this, and they advised me that my file was updated and re-submitted, and they advised me that I now pre-qualified for a Payment Plan.

This reps response: “well, the reps you spoke to do not know, as they are not qualified to determine this, they are just reps” What??? He also asked me why I did not keep calling to follow up every week these past couple of Months, and said “if it was my home I would be calling every week”! He begrudgingly stated he will submit an appeal and see what happens. Needless to say, I have escalated the poor Management and concern over to the Housing Authority. This service is just horrible, especially after they conveniently offered a Special Forbearance during a very rough period in time. Now I get no help from them!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

This is a horribly ran company with incompetent people who cannot do anything correctly. I have received letters stating my loan was in default when I have never made a late payment. They apologized and blamed it on a computer glitch. In December I switched my Homeowner's Insurance company. I received a letter from Central Loan Administration and Reporting (CENLAR) stating they received my new policy and paid the premium. I called them to verify my old insurance company was removed. They said they would make sure that it happened.

Skip ahead a month later, and I've called 4 more times. My old company still hasn't been removed. They paid the premium to my cancelled insurance company causing my escrow account to go in to the negative, and because they're so incompetent, they did an escrow analysis with 2 insurance companies on it and my taxes. They're now stating my mortgage payment is going up $65 a month because they cannot figure out how to do their job correctly. If I could get the same loan rate I got when I purchased my home, I would refinance my house just to get away from the crap I have had to deal with and am still dealing with. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau this evening hoping they can step in to get this problem resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I have proven over and over that because I already have insurance covering my first mortgage holder, that I don't need forced insurance on my equity line through Cenlar. They say every time that they are going to correct this, and send me a refund. And every time I receive my payment coupon, I am still getting charged. It is a blatant, fraudulent act. Stay away from this company.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information