Cenlar Central Loan Administration

cenlar.com

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A '1' is overrated to say the least. The right hand doesn't a have clue what the left hand is doing in this company. They put you on hold FOREVER (I think hoping you'll hang up, but I WON'T DO THAT)!!! Then every time we call each person has a different amount that they owe us back... WARNING ~ DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

This is the worst online banking experience I've ever had. Not intuitive, you can hardly find where to log in. Trying to get customer service is a joke. I've never had a problem with the actual loan, but every time I want to go to my account online, it's a nightmare.

There are no words to accurately describe our frustration with this company. I'm sitting at my desk and see a text come through from JPMorgan Chase Bank that an $1881 electronic payment transaction was withdrawn by CENLAR. The real scary points are that neither my husband nor myself authorized this transaction AND this unauthorized transaction caused our account to go completely upside down and in the red and make financial matters worse in our home. We have been trying to communicate with them over the past two weeks with regards to a deferral of payment(s) or options thereof as I lost my job and have been unemployed for the last several months. Financially, it has been very difficult for our family. Thankfully, I have just started with a new job but our "financial footing" is a mess and we very much need the help so to regain stability.

We were told by CENLAR that paperwork was coming in the mail but to-date we have received nothing. But rather, we find they've made an unauthorized transaction from our bank account and have made a situation much worse. Unfortunately, we ended up with CENLAR directly after closing our mortgage with First Midwest Mortgage and they sold off all of their home loans. Honestly, we would have never gone with the "small, local and friendly" bank had we known their intentions. It has been excruciating to manage and deal with the representatives from CENLAR. They are rude, unprofessional and frankly not intelligent with the business of home loans, etc. I am saddened to read all of these awful customer reviews and experiences. It is not right! How do we push the matter, legally? Class Action? Something must be done to deal with this dishonest company.

All these 1-star reviews and yet this company is still allowed to handle FHA loans. Cenlar purchased our FHA loan shortly after we got our house. On Dec 3, 2016 a pipe froze then burst causing water damage. Our insurance company is USAA. They took care of the abatement and sent a check for over $15k to pay the company who did the work. In Feb we mailed the check to Cenlar for endorsement. Instead of endorsing the check they gave us the runaround which included saying the check was received, then claiming it wasn't, then claiming it was mailed to the wrong address in New Jersey when it should have been sent to South Carolina. During this nearly 40 minute call, of which only 5 was spent talking to CSRs, I was hung up on by the rep in the South Carolina office who was supposedly going to get to the bottom of things.

I did some research and found that there was a possible investigation by the Texas AG into Cenlar taking insurance payments that are to cover damages on a home and instead processing them for payment on the loan. After reading this, I let Cenlar know through their electronic messaging system I'd be contacting the Colorado AG if the check wasn't received by Mar 17. It wasn't. I called Cenlar back and spoke with a CSR who agreed the reason for the delay was it was most likely being processed for payment. She placed me on hold to look into it but when she got back told me the check was lost. She recommended contacting USAA to have them put a stop payment on the check and draft a new one.

We contacted USAA and did the stop payment. In between this time, Cenlar drafted a letter on Mar 23 with the original check attached and endorsed but now useless because of the stop payment. The second check was sent certified mail to the South Carolina office to ensure Cenlar would not be able to claim it had not been received. It was signed for on Apr 3 and later that day I was left a voice message saying it was being endorsed and returned to us. Then the person who left the message went over a bunch of steps were to take which included getting estimates, a W-9 from the company who did the work, etc.

Today I got the mail and instead of an endorsed check, Cenlar mailed a packet for all the stuff covered in the second portion of the message and a statement about sending them an endorsed check. Not sure what to do at this point. This is the shadiest company I've ever had to deal with. The abatement company is now over 60 days past due for payment and contacting Cenlar amounts to absolutely nothing. My only hope is that once the AG's office is looking into the matter and other customers have made similar complaints. Something like that could leave this company ineligible to take on government loans.

My nightmare begin when Ocwen sold my loan. Last year my husband lost his job and we fell behind. Our fault not theirs. But when we got the ones to meet a payment plan, I purchased a cashier's check from my bank, mailed it from the post office paid next day fees. It was signed for but never applied to account which made things worse. So the bank reversed cashier's check amount. We made another payment arrangement, they took the funds out of my checking account and then a week later put it back and said it was an NSF. Branch manager got on the phone with me and them they choked and had no answer so now the payment arrangement was going to almost double for 6 months. I was blessed and received a loan from my sister to pay it in full and got caught up.

Now here I am again I sent another cashier's check and they can't find it. I ** hate Cenlar, Bayview, Lakeview. They are a nightmare as the one gentleman said you can't get ahold of anyone other than a call Center. They do not return calls and god forbid that they know how to respond to an email let alone send one. If you are late even by a week you can not log into your account online. A time out as you will. Incompetent, RUDE, INEXPERIENCED, THIEVES, LIARS, FATCATS, THAT ARE ALWAYS ON VACATION. I love my home. It's my home. But I am now considering refinancing to get out from under them or sell outright. Whew. I have more but it's a lot of the same stuff that a lot of others have said.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Cenlar took over our mortgage loan because we have the NJ Police And Fire loan program for our mortgage. I called Cenlar as soon as they took over the loan and requested an escrow analysis since our current development offers a PILOT program (tax abatement) for five years and they would need to lower our payment because we weren't paying all that much in taxes. I called right away and requested the analysis to be done, in which I was told it would take about two weeks. I called back in two weeks, they told me to wait another two days. I called back a few days later, they said there was no escrow analysis and they wouldn't do one until a FULL YEAR of having my loan. EVERY TIME I call Cenlar, I am given someone who does not know anything about our loan and doesn't care to find out. I've been told multiple things from multiple people who also cannot answer my questions.

I spoke to a supervisor who ASSURED me that I would be kept up to date with all of this since they are violating STATE LAW and it needs to be dealt with ASAP. I have not received any calls, and when I called to ask for her, I was told they couldn't find her and they'd send her an email to call me back. DIDN'T HAPPEN. They also stated on my profile that I requested to be called back and updated. When I spoke to a different Supervisor, he told me "The callbacks don't usually happen..." WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY ARE YOU?

Right now, I am about ready to open up a lawsuit against Cenlar because they are violating state law and keeping thousands of dollars in my escrow account that THEY get to collect interest on that LEGALLY is not allowed to be in there for that reason. I hope someone reads this from Cenlar and takes a good look in the mirror about their company. It seems like the workers are underpaid and unmotivated to handle any of these issues, but if they don't, who will? I pray that I can change mortgage companies because your company has absolutely no clue what they are doing.

I received a mortgage statement on March 2, 2017 in which the loan payment amount had change by almost $200. I called them and they said it was for a deficit in my escrow account for flood insurance. I explained that I have never had an escrow account with this loan and that I had already paid the flood insurance myself in February of 2017. I was to write a letter explaining that I had no escrow account and that I had paid the flood insurance the previous month and asked that the account reflect this and that the mortgage payment return to the original amount.

I wrote to them on March 9, 2017. I received a check from the insurance company on March 31, 2017 saying it was a duplicate payment yet I had informed the insurance company a month before that I had already pay this. I was on hold for a supervisor for over 15 mins and I still have no faith that the payment due on the 1st will be back to the original payment and it will look as if I had not paid my mortgage in full.

When we purchased our home, the prior owners had a tax deferral payment due. It was paid at closing, but the county auditor failed to record the payment prior to the tax statements generated in November. Thus, our property taxes showed an increase of $3,500 (the tax deferral amount), which was in error. Cenlar thus increased our monthly payment to cover the tax increase by approximately $700 more a month!! After communicating with the county tax assessor and Cenlar for several months, our tax obligation was finally adjusted down to the proper amount, and Cenlar issued a $900 refund check to us for the overpayment we were forced to make and readjusted our monthly payment back to what it was supposed to be.

Just last week, I received a Mortgage Adjustment Statement again showing an increase in our monthly payment to cover an increase in property taxes. Cenlar adjusted our payment 2 months ago to reflect the proper tax obligation, refunded the overpayment, and now has entered the wrong, higher property tax amount once again, thus increasing our monthly payment. Of course, you never can talk to the same person and are required to repeat your story each time you call to someone new. I demanded a supervisor today and of course got cut off, and had to call back and start all over again!! They're going to "research" the tax issue, despite the fact it was resolved only a few months ago! Bottom line, they screwed up big time and until this is resolved, we're looking at a now $400 a month increase in our monthly mortgage payment! THE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!!

My first issue with Cenlar is they took a payment from my bank account and said it was "returned". It wasn't. After 8 months of continuous calls, all to different people bc no one there will every return your call back, I finally got someone from Cenlar to 3-way call my bank with me. My bank verified there were funds and that the money was sent to Cenlar. They also provided a tracking # (which I had already given to Cenlar via fax to their research dept).

Immediately the Cenlar agent starts backtracking on the phone saying "Oh, this payment wasn't the issue, and was applied to your account appropriately". I explained that every agent I'd spoken with over 8 months had pointed to this payment as missing, and my loan activity clearly shows it wasn't credited to my account ever. The Cenlar agent clearly just wanted to get off the phone since my bank proved him wrong. The issue is not only Cenlar stealing payments and not applying them (forcing you to make another one), it creates the interest amount they report to taxes incorrect, and it creates an escrow shortage.

This leads to the next issue, escrow shortages and payment increases. Mid-year in 2016 I was sent a letter stating escrow was short and there was a $600 shortage. They said they'd spread those payments out to get it caught up. No explanation for the shortage, my taxes increased < $100 last year. I'm still paying an additional $100/mo on my payments... Well beyond the $600 they stated, and still with no explanation. When I called last week, they said it is reasonable to expect my payments to increase every year due to shortages. Again, insurance has not changed and taxes went up a whopping $9/mo.

So in Nov I'll be looking at a payment increase of $200 in less than 2 yrs of this awful company buying my loan. It's pretty clear there's sketchy stuff going on, and I believe whoever monitors these predatory loan servicing companies will eventually catch on. In the meantime, I've made a complaint to the Attorney General and the OCC, and will be hiring an attorney to communicate w/ them going forward and then a possible lawsuit. This company is not worth another day of stress to get nowhere.

Cenlar Mortgage Screws over customers. I have been making bi-Monthly payments on my mortgage to Cenlar. Last month's checks were returned and I am now behind on my mortgage payments. I called and they do not allow bi-monthly payments. They only accept payments in full. They do have a system where they would directly withdraw money from my bank account every other Friday (they set the schedule without consideration to paydays). But this is only available to people who have paid over 1 month mortgage in advance and is based on application approval. Cenlar is ensuring it is easy to mess up and incredibly difficult to stay on course.

Last year I refinanced my house with Embrace Home Loans with an FHA mortgage. During the refinance, I asked for an escrow to contain my homeowners insurance through Allstate and my property taxes. In almost 18 years of owning my home, I have never gone without an escrow that contained both property taxes and insurance.

Shortly after the refinance took place, Cenlar Mortgage Company bought my mortgage. On February 9th, I got a letter from Allstate insurance stating that my homeowner's insurance was about to expire and they hadn't gotten payment. I immediately called Cenlar and was told that there were no funds in my escrow for homeowners insurance. I asked the gentleman on the phone to check again. He put me on hold and said that indeed there was money and for Allstate to fax a declaration page and the bill. They would overnight a check to Allstate for the correct amount. I immediately called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** and she said she would send that fax immediately.

On Tuesday, February 21st I received a letter from Cenlar stating that I no longer had homeowners insurance and to avoid forced insurance I should consider getting my own. I called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** again. She stated that on February 9th she faxed the information to Cenlar and never got payment. She immediately called Cenlar on my behalf and we had a 3-way conference call. We spoke to a customer service representative that couldn't understand why Cenlar never sent a check because it showed that money was in my escrow.

After an hour and a half on the phone, we got no answers. We asked to speak to a supervisor and she denied us that. She said there were no supervisors on to speak to us. She told Lori from Allstate to refax the declaration page and bill. Cenlar would overnight a check to them. In the meantime, I had no insurance coverage on my house. Lori faxed the information again to Cenlar and followed up with a multiple phone calls the next day.

On Wednesday, February 22nd, Lori from Allstate called me and said she had Cenlar on the phone. Again we had another 3-way conversation about my homeowners insurance. This customer service representative said the request for paying my bill was denied. She stated that I did not have money in my account for my homeowners insurance. At this point I became irate. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that we would be the 8th person in line. We were unsuccessful with getting a reason as to why this was happening. She told me to fax a letter to Cenlar stating I wanted my mortgage readjusted to include homeowners insurance in the future. I was so upset because it should have been done all along.

I faxed a letter the next day stating I wanted my mortgage to continue to have money set aside for my homeowners insurance. I also explained the pain and aggravation that this has caused me and wanted compensation. I ended up ultimately putting the $690.00 homeowners insurance bill on my credit card because I was in jeopardy of losing the insurance plan that I have had for over 10 years. Allstate no longer carries the insurance that I purchased years ago which is considered a deluxe plan.

I am a single parent and do NOT have extra money like this budgeted. This has caused more hardship on me and my family. I spoke with Dawn ** from Embrace Mortgage Loans on Tuesday, March 13th because they were the ones that wrote my mortgage to begin with. She stated that by law with an FHA loan, the homeowners insurance money must be in escrow. Therefore if Cenlar hasn't put money aside, they should be responsible. I sent an email to Cenlar about this on Wednesday, March 14th and was told I would get a response within 24 hours. I have heard nothing from them regarding this matter.

The lack of professionalism with this company is disgusting. I have never had such a difficult time getting a straight answer from anyone. They do not try to help or resolve an issue. When I googled this company to get an email address, I found headings in the search engine that stated 310 top complaints of Cenlar. I read some of the complaints and felt that I was living the same lives as these poor people. Something needs to be done with this company. If I had a way out from this mortgage I would run. Unfortunately, I am stuck as I am in no financial state to refinance at this time. Thank you for your time in this matter. I hope my letter finds these concerns worth investigating.

I refinanced and got a new mortgage with Cenlar in the Fall of 2016. In March, 2017 Cenlar started harassing me for non-payment. I had set up automatic deposits via my bank when the loan was originated. I have documentation that proves every payment was sent - a total of 8. Cenlar says they did not receive payments for January and February 2017, although my bank provided transaction details, transmission verification numbers, and a line-item summary of my account showing the withdrawals. They did acknowledge payments in the Fall of 2016 and in March 2017 but not for Jan 2017 and Feb 2017 - although ALL payments (both acknowledged and not-acknowledged were sent exactly the same way via automated bill-pay with my bank).

It has been EXTREMELY difficult to communicate with CENLAR. I am highly suspicious that they are mis-managed, that their systems are broken, and their customer support staff is poorly paid since they are of no value in problem resolution. When I faxed the transaction details to them, I asked for verification that they received the information - no response. BEWARE!

My old mortgage company sold my mortgage to these guys "Cenlar". I sent my first mortgage with them to the correct address however by mistake through my bank's ebill I put my old mortgage account number. I would imagine they could have found the info our being the ebill would have my name on it. Anyways to make a long 2 month ordeal short... I called practically every day because supposedly they sent my payment back to my bank Feb 24. All I wanted to get was the tracking number to give to my bank so my bank could "track" this check they "sent". My bank just received it this morning... March 15. Oh ya and then because "Feb payment never arrived" in their eyes which it did but with the account number on it "correct address though" they used my March payment for Feb! People will also say they are the supervisors and come to find out they aren't! BEWARE!!!

Sadly, my original mortgage company sold my mortgage to Cenlar. They are inconvenient and a pain to deal with. Initially, they falsely stated that I bounced a mortgage check (that was submitted to my previous loan company and had cleared without issue). I spent over 4 hours total on hold arguing over an idiotic 10 dollar charge. They also automatically generate letters that make no sense. For example, I don't have an escrow account, but they just sent me a letter claiming that they received a premium notice for my property.

When I called them (after having to wait 6 minutes before I could access a person, having to listen to an automated tape tell me random stuff about my account), they said that the letter was a reminder that my homeowner's policy is due in May. They just keep sending dumb stuff that I have to waste time on hold arguing about. I pointed out that their letter wasn't reminding me about homeowner's insurance, it was about escrow insurance. I just didn't have to waste so much time dealing with stupid crap with my previous lender. I would recommend you look for a better organized company with much better customer service.

To keep it short regarding Cenlar. Trying to get a loan modification is next to impossible. This is the 3rd time trying with this company for a modification. Had to hire Attorney to take point in this matter and still this company is making almost impossible to work us. Unprofessional employees.

I have had mortgage loans for the past 50 years and have never experienced anything like dealing with Cenlar and am amazed that some form of government/oversight agency has not looked into them. The number of complaints on this site amaze me that no action has been taken! They have serviced my loan for only the past 3 months. I have attempted to use their website to track my loan and make payments. Hands down, it is the most nonuser-friendy site I have ever attempted to use and their "help" service in nonexisting. Because of the lack of transparency--I question if something illegal is taking place!

Like other people, I have been screw by CENLAR. I purchase a property last year, the mortgage company sold the loan to CENLAR and since then have been a nightmare. Now they are trying to force me to have an escrow account for flood. I requested in writing to do my own escrow, never responded. During one of my call the rep. tell me it was mandated by FEMA. Call FEMA was not true.

On my last call spoke with one of the supervisor who tell me that the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability ACT of 2014 allow them to force me to have an escrow account. This is what it said in the ACT of 2014 "Requires federal lending regulators to direct each regulated lending institution or servicer of an outstanding loan to offer and make available to a borrower the option to have flood insurance premiums and fees, including any escrow of them, to be treated in a specified manner". WHAT CENLAR WANT IS TO HAVE ADDITIONAL MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT TO LEND. Poor customer service. NOT A CONSUMER ORIENTED COMPANY.

I have worked hard over the last few years to be able to buy my first house and Cenlar has ruined the whole experience. They claimed to have not received our first payment and have taken my second payment as first and keep calling about the 2nd payment. I have emailed and faxed bank statements several times now showing that both have already come out of my account. Stay clear of this company. I had no idea when I bought a home through Bay Equity that they would sell my loan to such an unorganized company. When you buy a home make sure they don't sell your loan to Cenlar. Cenlar has thousands of reviews with 99% of them saying they cannot keep track of anyone's payments.

I recently re-financed my home and the mortgage paperwork sold twice in a matter of months. I ended up with Cenlar. For the first few months all appeared normal, then I received a statement increasing my mortgage by 200.00 per month. Guess why the increase? ESCROW. WOW, I've never had this type of increase in the 15 year history of owning my home. I called customer service and after hearing them talk in circles and making no sense I got off the phone and looked Cenlar up on the internet. WOW!!! Everyone is having the same issue and nothing is being done by any governing oversight. I'm seeking a refinance again and pray I never get Cenlar again. Good luck to everyone who has this Mortgage Company.

I am a new home owner. I move in October 5/2016. I am a 70% disable veteran so my taxes are discounted. I was told on 1/31/2017 and check was mailed out. I look for about 10 days. I called back several times. Was told to check the mail. I called on every day after on 2/14/2017. Was told check was put on 2/7/2017 due to issue about they did not know my taxes amount. On 2/15/2017 I was told they would express the check. I called 2/21/2017. The earliest I could my check would be March 1, 2017. No return calls or return emails. It is against the law to hold someone money. My loan was with imortgage. They sold after month to Cenlar which sucks in customer services.

My loan was paid off on January 16, 2017. It is now February 21, 2017. My loan is still not showing paid off, I have called five times, I have been sent letters asking for my February payment and for insurance which I cancelled when the house was paid off. I was given an email address to write them to state I wanted the money I sent them to pay off my house and the email address is no good. This is a horrible company to work with. The employees don't seem to know what they are doing.

My mortgage was sold to Cenlar. My first payment went through fine, but two payments after that have both been "lost" due to account number changes. I've been calling them for nearly a month to resolve this. To be fair, I get through quickly to their customer service dept, and the reps are as helpful as they can be, but whoever investigates and deals with the actual problems doesn't have a clue. They twice closed my case without any resolution, reported me to the credit bureau despite this being their mistake, and are taking forever to solve a very simple issue. Avoid them if you can!

My loan was sold to CENLAR, and if I could fire them as my loan servicing company, I would certainly do so. There should be an option for zero stars. When my loan was transferred CENLAR my first problem was that they incorrectly listed the name of my homeowners insurance company. When I contacted customer service for them to correct the simple error, the first rep told me to call the incorrect company to have them send a letter to cancel that policy. What? I never had a policy with them! The second rep told me they didn't have my insurance binder in their files, which was a complete lie, and she instructed me to resend the binder via e-mail. I was told it could take up to 10 days to process my request. What? Absolutely ludicrous, and they didn't even record receiving the docs for 11 days.

My second issue is still ongoing, and that was the notice they would be increasing my escrow payments to cover my homeowners insurance. My current policy renews the 3rd week of April, and I called to dispute that issue. I provided both verbal and written declaration by request that I would continue to pay my own homeowners insurance and that I did not authorize an increase in my payment. I was told it could take up to 10 days to process my request, which should have not been an issue given payment should have not been made for another 45+ days anyway.

I received a statement with the increased payment on it, so I contacted a rep again. The rep interrupted me numerous times, put me on hold for several minutes, then told me they would adjust my payment according to my new insurance. What? I kindly restated why I was contacting them again, at which time she told me they made a payment to my insurance company from my escrow 2/15. That is more than 60 days early, I did not authorize an early payment, and I requested a supervisor. I was told they would call me back that day, and I never received that call. The problem is unresolved and I must resort to calling the horrible customer service department again.

CENLAR is by far the worst financial institution I have ever had business with. The customer service is abysmal and they do not value you as a customer at all. I have been met with rude, aggressive, and sarcastic comments each time I contact them. My family and I recently survived a tornado that caused a lot of damage to my home. The insurance company promptly issued a check for repairs, but because I have mortgage they have to issue the check with CENLAR's name on it as well. After almost a month and a half I still have several holes in my roof and wall, damaged continuing to occur to my home from missing siding, and no heat or A/C for my family all because CENLAR refuses to endorse the insurance check and send it back to me so I can pay a contractor for my home repairs. Stay away from this abhorrent company whose moral and ethical viewpoints serve only to break the consumer and causes emotional stress and turmoil!

My loan with IndyMac was sold a few times after the company went bankrupt. After 3 mortgage companies I ended up with Cenlar. I had problems with them from the onset, but the most recent problem was horrendous. It all started in late November when I was refinancing my loan to get a lower rate and also to get out from under Cenlar. This is what happened:

I called Cenlar to get the most recent statement for my loan to submit to the mortgage company that would be extending the new loan. When I received the copy of the statement I noticed there were late charges for late payments. I called Cenlar back and let me just say now, that trying to get a live person who knows what they're doing is next to impossible. When I was finally able to get to representative I was told that I was 2 months late making my payments. I told them that did not make sense because I have the mortgage set up for auto pay on a specific date. I was put on hold again and after waiting for about 20 minutes I was told that the record showed that I was delinquent 30 days and 60 days.

I told them I would contact my bank to find out what cause the late payments. The bank notified me that the payments in question did get processed and were received by Cenlar, but they noticed that Cenlar had opted for electronic transfers as opposed to receiving checks in the mail. What I found out during this process was that they had posted 2 credit derogatory posts. These posts caused my credit rating to drop drastically and that in turn put me into a higher risk category with a higher loan interest. My mortgage consultant, handling my new loan asked if I wanted to go through the process of getting my credit report corrected and I gave her a definite "yes".

This was the beginning of the nightmare. I was calling every few days for 2 1/2 months, spending hours on the phone, explaining my reason for calling each time to every person I spoke, sometimes to multiple people in the same phone call. I was given apologies, excuses, accusations, the complete gamut of stalling techniques to not follow through with getting the issue resolved. At the very beginning of this nightmare, I provided Cenlar with bank statements showing the payments going out of my account, a letter from my bank stating the same facts as the bank statements, conference calls with Cenlar and my bank to discuss the problem.

My bank had stated early in the process that Cenlar had returned a payment because they could not find the account, which caused the next payment to go into limbo as well for the same reason. During one of my many calls to Cenlar I told the representative that Cenlar had caused the problem. I had done my due diligence to insure that my monthly payments were sent. Many calls were made to supervisors, who most of the time were not available. I would ask for direct contact numbers and was told repeatedly that they did not have direct lines. The only assurance to talking to the same supervisor was their name and badge number. I later found out they "DO" have direct contact numbers which means they did not want to help with the issue.

Once they agreed to look into the late charges and posts to my credit report it took several more calls to get them to follow through with providing a letter to submit to the credit bureaus. I continued to make calls to find out where they were in the process and each time it was as if I presenting this for the first time. Finally in mid February I finally made a connection with Jacqueline and she contacted the department that would handle the dispute and after about a week and a half I received a letter from Cenlar acknowledging that derogatory remarks were made in error and that they would submit a correction to the credit bureaus.

As of February 15th I had to start the loan process over and I am now having to resubmit documents needed to obtain the loan and this huge delay caused my loan interest to go up from where it originally started. Needless to say I would never do any business with this company and will dissuade anyone I know from doing business with them. I am surprised that they are still in business because of all the complaints filed against them. I have read many of the comments made previously and I agree with every one the comments. This has been an ordeal I would not wish on anyone. I know this sounds outlandish but I have told the truth and have actually lessened the critique due to lack of time I could dedicate to this comment.

In my HUD I am to pay my insurance and taxes in escrow. Cenlar paid for my water bill without my consent and added the bill to my escrow account! This increased my mortgage payment by about $200! The problem is that I paid my water bill on time and it was never delinquent. Cenlar made it their business to pay the bill again and charge me for something that was paid! They said there is a clause that allows them to add bills into my escrow as they please! No one in that company even bothered to check if the status of that bill was delinquent or not. They said they would fix it a week and a half ago. Now they are telling me I have to write a letter. I am now shopping for another mortgage holder! If I could I would give them a negative 5 stars!!!

In early January 2016 I purchased a cabin and the loan was sold to Cenlar. At the close of 2016 an escrow analysis was completed and I was overpaid by more than $4600.00. I requested that the funds be sent to me and on January 12, 2017 I was able to view my account online and saw the check in the correct amount. I then called back and asked how long would it be until the check would be put in the mail? First I was told 7-10 days, then I was told an additional 3 days for them to review the account.

I have since that time spoken with 2 supervisors who both have not been truthful and realize it's February 11, 2017 and I have no check after being told on Thursday and Friday by supervisor Cortney # ** that it was overnight-ed... but she never sent me a tracking number... Gee I wonder why! Now it's still not here... At best they are untruthful and at worst they are just an unscrupulous business. I would also state my son who has a loan with them never received his 2015 escrow overage payment either. I will make one more try early next week but I believe it's time to contact the California Attorney Generals office regarding this specific business practice.

We fell behind on our payments back in September 16 and entered into a repayment agreement which I was verbally told would end January of 2017 and February would put us back on track with normal payment. We did our part and I just found out we are still behind a month because the rep that made out the agreement didn't account for January payment. This defeats the purpose of a repayment plan and now we are behind a payment. Cenlar only apologizes and asked if I want to get put on another repayment plan and pay their late fee plus 30 day delinquency on credit. They are HORRID!!!

My loan was recently bought by Cenlar and it is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with! Their customer service is horrendous and you get different information every time you call. Most importantly, they have not paid my property taxes to date. They received my loan in August. The previous loan company paid my August tax bill. Cenlar never paid November. I have contacted them several times about it. The first time they said they didn't understand why it wasn't paid but they would look into it. The second time, they asked me to fax a copy of the most recent tax bill along with the delinquency notice.

The third time, today, they told me that they were still reviewing my property information before they could make a payment. What does that even mean??? She then told me that they have a new process for handling delinquent tax payments, which only tells me that this happens quite frequently and told me to email them the tax bill and delinquency notice. They have an email address specifically for tax delinquencies!!! Well now February's payment is due as well. I would just like to know if there is any way to change loan servicing companies before my house is sold due to unpaid property taxes!

I would never recommend the company to anyone. They are very slow and lack of communication to one another and to the facilitator who has been contacting them to checking on the status of the loan. We have been waiting on a loan approval letter for over 2 months now. First they say we will have it on a certain day then the facilitator tells my realtor that the person is out or on vacation which is very unacceptable. It seem like every time she calls (Facilitator) she tells my realtor that they are out on vacation or they will say to her "we will get to it as soon as we can, we are under staff" some type of excuse. Instead of giving it to someone else or have someone else take it over so the loan can get finish.

I'm just not understanding this. Plus I feel if you don't have enough employee to handle this type of loan process you shouldn't be taking on a short sale/foreclosure loan. It seems like they don't want to sell the house when the house is in a short sale status. The bank has a better chance of getting close to what they are asking compared to it going into foreclosure and then they would get less. Who would figure that's not rocket science. PLEASE EXCUSE MY WORDING. I am just so frustrated and this is so unacceptable. I just don't understand. Everything has been submitted in a timely manner, the sellers have signed off on everything that was asked and required, and the buyers has also did them the same everything has been done that needs to be done. Appraisal etc. What is the hold up. They say one thing then they do another or they are not returning the calls. It's always something.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Profile