Find a Loan Companies partner

3. Loan Companies

cenlar.com

1.0/5 (40 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My loan is not appearing on the website so I call customer support for help but they hang up on me. Without website access, it's hard to manage the payments. I just asked it's a very simple task to add my loan number to my account.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Haven’t been able to access the website lately; finally spoke to an agent who told me my account is being transferred to a new company. I never received info on this and when asked why I was ignored!!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I don't like this Mortgage Company because they are not very helpful. They ask too many question and for too much documentation. I called today 09/14/2021 because I've been out of work since 08/14/2021 due to COVID19. Me and my two kids got the virus and I'm a single parent and my kids are both disabled and I called to see if they could help me with the COVID Assistance Program they have and I was asked all kinds of questions and also told that they would send me a package to fill out and send bank statement and other documents to see if I could get approve for the assistance and also that they take 30 days or so to get back to me.

I have always made my payments and never had any issues. I really wish that CitiMortgage would have never transferred my Mortgage Account to Cenlar. I don't like their services. If I didn't need the help I wouldn't have to call them. They also asked me if I had any family member or a friend that could let me borrow the money and I told them no because I don't. That's the reason why I went online and I said they give you assistance If you've been impacted by COVID.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Cenlar is the worst company that you can work with. First of all, I never requested to have my loan be serviced by them. My loan was originally with Citibank and without any consent of my part, the loan was transferred to Cenlar. Without understanding why, my account was put into a loss & mitigation status, even though I've been making all the required payments every month. My account is on an auto draft and every time that my bank account gets drafted to make my monthly payment, it goes to a suspense account without being applied to my monthly payment which creates that my account goes "past due" affecting my credit. Every time I talk to someone they have no clue of how to help me and they keep transferring from person to person and at the end of a 30 min call, nothing gets resolved.

Original review: July 1, 2021

This is the WORST mortgage company I have ever worked with. They have been overcharging us all year. They overpaid our homeowners insurance company and then said our escrow acct is short and are charging us more per month. We have paid the shortage AND the over payment back to the escrow and yet they still keep overcharging us. My husband and I have both reached out 4 times. Each time I’m told that someone else will be calling me back and I never get a response. The customer service reps sound like teenagers. They won’t allow you to speak to a supervisor. They just claim that one will call you back. I am at my wit’s end. I’m almost ready to refinance just to get rid of them.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I received an Escrow Summary invoice this month (in addition to my regular statement) stating my escrow account is $119.53 short & I can either pay this amount in full or increase my monthly payment by $9.96. There are two problems with this:

1 - I do not have an escrow account!! I self pay my taxes and insurance, Cenlar Central Loan Administration has NEVER paid ANY taxes or insurance on my behalf! This is the second time this company has billed me for charges they did not incur! The first time it took forever to get it corrected; I've sent an email to the company asking for this to be removed - we'll see how many more times I'll have to contact them to get it corrected - my guess is several as the customer service reps have never been able to answer questions or correct errors!

2 - If this were a legitimate bill, I only have 5 payments left & my loan will be paid in full - 5 payments of $9.96 = $49.80. This payment schedule would leave my account $69.73 short. Even their math doesn't add up!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I am not sure who runs this bank/financial institution, but they are the worst I have ever worked with. Just the customer service reps are absolutely clueless with their own processes and have to keep putting me on hold asking how something works. A simple process of getting an address change is almost impossible. It is a completely mismanaged and needs new leadership. If I could, I would leave this bank and go someone where else. However, I am no position to do this and I need to suffer the burden of the horrible service they provide. I have never worked with any customer service (any sector) in my life.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In 2020 I lost my home because of Hurricane Laura. It is vital that I be able to get answers regarding this awful situation. I have talked to many employees there trying to get questions answered and they have told me that they do not know the answer! I am also told that they will request that someone call me back which they never do. I need some help and need to know who to report them to.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We sent Cenlar large sums of money to pay off all but a very small amount our home equity loan. Instead of applying the amount we sent to principal, they kept all the funds into "suspension account" for an entire month and still continued to charge us interest and FEES! Our principal balance did not go down, and they continue to take out funds from our bank account as if we haven't paid anything. In the past 2 months, I've called 7 times and no one ever follows through and I can't even talk to a supervisor. They tell me that someone will call me back and they never do. I've spent hours and it is extremely frustrating. I feel like we are getting robbed and I'm helpless to stop it!

Original review: May 7, 2021

I know you don't have always have a choice of load administration but run from this company. Their website is basically useless, it does not have any functionality. They removed the 800 support line and get this, they want you to fax them? What are we in 1995? Their "new" website might as well be on AOL.com. They are a joke...

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information