1.03/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

Last updated: April 20, 2018

476 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 20, 2018

BEWARE!!! Since July 2017, I have been dealing with the most INCOMPETENT BUNCH OF ILLITERATE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DEALING WITH, IN MY LIFE! Not one single person that you speak to knows the answer to ANYTHING and when they don't know, they just hang up! I spent over 5 hours of my life, that I can't get back, trying to have them fix their "Annual Escrow Projection" for the year to come. After being hung up on, 4 times, I finally spoke with someone that said she understood my issue and would fix it before the new payment increase/decrease would take place, IN September 2017. We own 2 plots, one for our home and the other is a lot right next to the house. We pay property taxes every 6 months and obviously the taxes for the house are much greater. These MORONS double booked the property taxes for the house 4 times, instead of 2, which made our "escrow short".

Our monthly mortgage went up over $100 plus per month, according to their projections. When I didn't receive the "updated" escrow analysis, I wrote not 1 but 3 letters requesting under the RESPA act that they fix their errors. Well, that never happened! When it came time for their "inflated" amount, I sent them the correct amount, which was actually a little lower than the prior year. THEY HELD THE CHECKS AND FORECLOSED ON MY HOUSE! I NEVER received a "default" letter, well let me say that I did, AFTER they foreclosed! Apparently, they DON'T take "partial payments", as they stated. I asked them where my checks were and 3 different reps HAD NO CLUE! According to my contract with the "original lender", who isn't actually our lender but in fact a MORTGAGE SERVICER, we could make partial payments.

Although these weren't partial payments, they just put the check up and then after they foreclosed, the checks mysteriously appeared and they mailed them back! I had to put up almost $400.00 to file Chapter 13 to stop the sale of our home. We didn't find out through them nor their attorney about the sale, at first. In fact, I got my mail one afternoon and received a bunch of letters from other Chapter 13 attorneys and THAT WAS WHEN I FOUND OUT THE HOUSE WAS UP FOR SALE - they wanted to "represent us in filing Chapter 13... WHAT??! Then, I panicked and called one of the attorneys that I received a letter from because the only way CENLAR would stop the sale was if I paid the loan up current. Well let's see, the loan WAS paid but they wanted late fees, property inspection fees... The amount was almost $4,000 more than we OWED THEM!

This being our first home, I sent the attorney $3,000 for help. He assured me that he would do this and that, **! I ended up losing the money and found out less than a week before the sale that I WAS PRETTY MUCH SCREWED! I then researched and called the HOPE hotline. I worked out a loan modification agreement but I wanted them to fix their errors because had they NOT have charged us an inflated rate to begin with, THE LOAN WOULD BE FINE. Long story short, I am now waiting for another attorney to look over the paperwork so we don't lose our home! This has been the 2nd worst experience of my life... The first was when we waited for almost 3 months to even close on this house! CENLAR has destroyed our credit and have reported totally inaccurate information to the credit bureaus...

You can BET that I will be filing charges against them for that. For now, I am trying to save my home... It has literally consumed my entire life for about a month and a half now! I have a 9 year old son and he has asked for me to play with him but I CAN'T and I try to explain that BAD people are trying to take our house and I have to concentrate on this but to see his poor face, it is upsetting and unsettling, to say the very least! If anyone has any suggestions on how to nail these S.O.B.'s, I am all ears! I will do anything to make them pay for turning my life and my family's upside down! If there are any attorney's (that don't want $12,000 plus) that can help, please sent me a message...

THEY HAVE VIOLATED A FEW ACTS, THAT I CAN PROVE, and I want to nail them to the wall! Sorry so long, I just had to get it out! No one else to vent to and I came across so many people complaining about them, I thought I would put my story out... PEOPLE, BE VERY CAREFUL! They are slime and will pull dirty ** to get your home, by any means possible, all due to their mistakes!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

They are overcharging me on my escrow account. Property taxes were lowered after we homesteaded property significantly and insurance premiums were also reduced. Somehow my payment jumped over $200 per month. We have sent in the required info to correct this increase FOUR times yet they claim to not have it. Never heard of this company until our loan was sold to them after purchase. Completely disorganized company and customer service reps are no help!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 19, 2018

We've never miss one payment nor have we ever been late for payment, yet we are being evicted out of a house. Our loan was sold to Cenlar but yet Cenlar never notified us that they had a loan (I do put some of the blame on the previous company as well for this as well). Regardless, once we found out that Cenlar had our loan we paid them on time every month for maybe about a year-and-a-half. One day when we called to make a payment they told us that they no longer had our account. Turns out they'd actually sold our loan to another company a long time ago and never told us, but yet they were still taking our payments every month. We did some research to find out what was going on with our house since we'd discovered we'd apparently been paying the wrong company, and it turns out that not only was it in foreclosure but it had recently been sold!

We are now working with the company that represents individuals like us - who have documentation of every payment and phone records with the dates that we called Cenlar to make the payments - that are being unlawfully removed or evicted from their house. However there's still nothing anyone can do at this point to reverse the fact that our house has been sold... meaning our family has to leave our house within a reasonable amount of time and find another place to live.

The biggest issue I have with all of this is that, I could understand if we were notified that Cenlar no longer had our loan, but we were not. Even worse, there's tons of people who are still living in homes who are two and three months behind on house payments, but yet our family who paid promptly and on time every month is being asked to leave because Cenlar was still accepting payments that should have been going to another company that they failed to let us know they'd sold the loan to. I would not recommend Cenlar to anyone. They may be helpful to some people, but from what I can tell it appears they have way more complaints and compliments.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I give them 1 star as they aren't even WORTH 1 star. But the system wouldn't let me not pick a star and I wasn't given the option of negative stars. The worst mortgage company EVER. Never sent my statement, I had to call THEM to get a statement. Then they suggested, I just drop a check in the mail to them WITHOUT an account number or payment information. When I finally pressured, I was told I could print out a statement on their website. NOW I am getting threatening letters from them that I do NOT have hazard insurance and they will be purchasing this for me. I have talked to three of their "Customer Service" representatives, yet I continue to get these threatening letters.

THEY purchased my mortgage from another lender, it is NOT MY job to ensure they DO THEIR job. I have supplied them MULTIPLE times with proof. If they cannot find the documentation provided to them it is NOT MY problem. That would be their problem. The documentation was provided to previous mortgage lender - it is still valid. They have all the documentation they need. If they EVEN try to charge me some scam insurance - my lawyer will be speaking to them next.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a newly constructed house during the middle of the year and our mortgage was sold to Cenlar. They told us that the insurance was not calculated properly and they adjusted the loan payment to include the whole year. My husband told them that he wanted to pay the amount owed for the insurance because he did not wanted it in the loan payment. They told him the amount and he paid it in full, but each month thereafter it's been a battle with them because they are still including the additional payment for the insurance. They have set up their website so that you cannot pay any other amount than what they have determined that you owe. When you call and they look into your account they will tell you that they see where you paid for the insurance and the correct mortgage loan amount but they cannot accept anything less than the amount shown which is incorrect and is over the mortgage owed.

Every month I call and they tell you they will get a supervisor because they cannot change the amount and put you on hold for over a hour. My husband is working in the Middle East and he called this morning and was so frustrated because they would not do anything and he was waiting for more than an hour and he hung up. We have also been trying to login on their website for several days and changing passwords because it would not let you login. Every password was not accepted, after several days I finally got in and paid the amount stated even though it was over my mortgage loan amount because I did not want my credit rating damaged, but I am so frustrated with this company. They are the most unreasonable company with extremely poor service and no help to their customers. I have been trying to get this matter resolved for several months and I am extremely frustrated to be overpaying every month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: April 13, 2018

These people can adversely affect your future livelihood. My mortgage was sold to this place. I had never heard of them, and wish I had never gotten the opportunity to work with them. We had one bank bill pay error and our mortgage payment did not get sent properly. As soon as I found out, I immediately called Cenlar and made arrangements to get it corrected. The CS Rep I dealt with assured me that I would not be reported to the credit bureaus for being late. Wrong! They dinged my credit. I disputed it. But failed to do it with all the bureaus. They took it off of an agency called Innovis (?) but when I tried to remove it from the others, they denied and put it back on! Disastrous Customer Service, very dishonest. I was directed to send documentation to their CS email. I did and no one cared to review it. I got a response back telling me to send documentation... They had no clue.

Their automated email response states you will receive a response to your emails within 24 hours. Nope, try at least 2 weeks. I am looking to buy a new home and because of this company, I will not get as good of an interest rate. I am not sure of the lending rules... But I will do whatever I have to do to make sure my loan is not sold to this company ever again. Horrible.

Original review: April 4, 2018

It’s been 2 years I’ve been battling with this company to remove a fee for 2 payoff statements I never request. They said I requested a payoff statement on Nov 23 2016 AND Nov 28 2016. Within 5 days!!? 2 statements?! What for? I've been with them for 4 years. I never modified my loan. I've been contacting them for 1.5 years and they can’t tell me who requested it. Why it was requested. And who gave them permission to authorize charges from me without me knowing. They gave me the run around of saying “we’ll put a note to remove it”. It’s been a year and still on every statement.

Beginning of 2018, I called again and this time they say put it in writing and fax. 1 month later I received a letter they cannot remove it due to in mandatory state of California to charge the fee. Why would the state of California request my payoff statement??!! April 4 2018, Porcha wouldn’t remove the fee or take any action for me and she said “go ahead and file a lawsuit then”. Seems like the run around from consumer gives them joy. They’re taking my money and making me pay for something that they can provide reasons to why. Scammers.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We purchased our house in 2017 through a separate company that sold our loan within weeks to Cenlar. In October we corrected the taxes for the mortgage but Cenlar overplayed by $3500. EVERY month starting in November they reject our payment and we have to call them EVERY month. They screwed up and expected us to pay for their incompetence. And every month they say it’s been corrected. They send the check back to us instead of calling of discussing. This month we paid and they sent the check back to us. We talked with them 3 times and was told to pay again and to deposit the check. Today I get a notice from my bank that the check I deposited was stopped by Cenlar and, "Oh by the way we’re charging you $10 also..." So another call... I’ve waited for 3 weeks now for a manager to contact me. I want to know what I need to do to get my account transferred to someone that knows what the ** to do...

Original review: March 27, 2018

I too have been forced to deal with CENLAR since my home loan was sold to them in 2014. Last August (2017) my house was flooded from a failed water heater. I filed my claim in early September with my insurance company with instructions to send this check to CENLAR. This is when the real fun began. Since then I have been required to send two reimbursement checks from my insurance company. This is something I had to do. CENLAR must also endorse my homeowners check before we recoup our expenses. Keep in mind I have been through two iterations, now working on number three.

Their incompetence is stunning! The first check was sent to their claims center in Florence S.C., perhaps as early as October 1st. After thirty days I contacted the claims center (this too requires an act of God) to check on my claim. Despite having my account number, my insurance company check number, the check amount, their own claim number and finally CENLAR's own tracking number no one knew a damn thing about it. I'm now working on the third insurance check. Instead of sending this check registered mail with an equal registered mail return, I'm tempted to fly to Florence S.C., physically place check number three in their hands then wait until a simple stamped endorsement on the back of check three and is handed back to me. If your mortgage is sold to CENLAR I feel for you. I don't know to accomplish this but if it is possible to have some other mortgage company purchase your loan DO IT!

Original review: March 26, 2018

This is hands down, the worst company I have ever had to deal with. We live in Florida and had to deal with hurricane Irma. They offered us a 3 month forbearance, in which we accepted. 3 months pass and they stated that we owe for all 3 months at once, it took a complete miracle to get someone on the phone as I was placed on hold for over 40 minutes, and couldn't get a hold of anyone for a week. We finally got a hold of them and they offered to break up the payments. In which we paid on time. As of recently, they reported this to my credit as being 120 days late on my mortgage!! Which is completely false!! I reported this to the credit bureau and they are currently in a major dispute with them.

Cenlar, claimed they mailed me a paper to sign agreeing to the forbearance, which was never received. They are now sending me this document, and because they stated I never signed I but paid everything on time, they reported it to my credit. I have tried calling them again for this, but I'm constantly on hold and I am not allowed to access my account from their website. I am seeking legal action against this company. As their employees are very poorly trained to handle anything. I am looking forward to the day I no longer have to deal with them. Avoid this company at all cost.

Original review: March 26, 2018

This company has the worst customer service possible. For four months I have tried, and am still trying, to update my loan documents. The message service on the website is terrible and when I write, and they do nothing, then they reply that the case is closed. Phone calls are even worse, after transfer to different departments, each employee has a different answer and promises that the documents will be updated with the correct information, and of course, they are not. Be warned - and look for another mortgage company.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This company has been nothing but a nightmare to work with. The customer service is understaffed and has a lack of training. They give you the run around when you call. There is a reason it's hard to find their phone number on their website. Also, we refinanced with another company and they were by law supposed to send out escrow money back within 20 days, and they didn't. Complete joke. Use somebody local.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We have trying to do a loan modification after Hurricane Irma and it seems is almost impossible. CENLAR customer service needs to be trained better, from answering- transferring calls to read/ find and provide the correct information to clients. I have been calling every week since January to get an update on my file and every time they ask for the same documents over and over again. I have spent more than $60 dollars faxing documents and we are still waiting for a response. While typing this message I have been on hold for than 30 minutes after I asked for a supervisor. This happens every time I call. Please respect consumers!!! I hope someone reads this message and help.

Original review: March 21, 2018

By far the worst loan company EVER. I have been trying to get them to adjust my taxes d/t payment under protest for four months. I have talked to several people and have never gotten same answer. They want me to continue paying higher payment even though my court house has given them proper information. And every time you call plan on having at least an hour on hold.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our family was sent an email after Hurricane Harvey hit our area in Kingwood Texas. All we had to do was reply yes to an email and then our loan would go into forbearance for 3 months. After that we were to start making a regular payments and then fill out some paperwork to get our loan either modified or for the three months that we did not pay to go to the end of our loan. Three months later we made our first payment. No problem started the paperwork up the next month January. We tried to make a payment over the phone and they said we were no longer allowed to make payments because we had missed too many. They said to set aside the money and once the loan modification process had gone through we have catch up on our payments. We could not play online, even though we tried to each month. Each month I would try to call and make a payment and they said that we couldn't make a payment because we are too far behind.

So we kept saving our money and then yesterday after sending in all of the paperwork I called to where the process was. They said that we were in foreclosure because we had not sent in the right paperwork, even though we did receive no additional letter saying that any more paperwork was needed. That same day after I got home we had a letter from a lawyer saying that we were now in foreclosure and that we owe the full amount of our loan. Each time I would talk to a different person on the phone they would tell us that yes we had all your paperwork or no we didn't have a your paperwork or we had three copies of your paperwork. Never consistent.

So my husband finally called today and they said there was nothing they could do to stop the foreclosure process, we just had to call the lawyer and Faith pay the full amount of what we owed including the 3 months of forbearance they had offered in the beginning. He asked handedly if there was a supervisor that would be able to take us out of foreclosure to which the customer service representative replied, "No. Not really. You can try to wait it out but your house will go into foreclosure."

We are responsible people who did everything they asked and they still managed to put us into foreclosure. Luckily we set our savings aside for each month and are able to pay the full price, but know that other victims of hurricane Harvey will not be able to. This company should be ashamed of itself and the federal government should do something to regulate what it's doing to other people who are in crisis and have gone through the traumatic events that hurricanes bring.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Paid in full and they still won't close my account. As always I CAN NOT PAY YOU OFF. Thieves. So what now? And still 2 months later I owe ONE PENNY and they want to keep charging me more, yet they have my escrow money and I am unable to pay it off in their own system. Disgusting.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Being a first time homeowner we originally had the loan with Bay Equity but after the first few months the loan was transferred to Cenlar. I assumed everything was taken care of. I pay on time every month and money goes into the escrow account for the taxes. Well when Cenlar took our loan in they didn’t take all 4 parcel number to pay for the taxes. They only paid one. So I received a letter from my county saying that three of my tax parcels had been sold off. After calling in the beginning of February and getting it all sorted out (or so I thought) I had to call back 5 times because the 5-7 days turned out to be a month for them to “research” what to pay and where. After receiving an email saying they paid all three taxes I just believed it was done. Until I received another letter from the county on 3/17.

After calling the county clerk on Monday 3/19 the taxes still haven’t been paid. While speaking to the person at Cenlar they said they paid them, and they can send info to the escalation dept and they will get back to me in 2-3 days. Absolutely absurd, I will not wait for someone to call me back. I am on hold waiting to talk to someone who I guarantee will have no idea what they are doing. DO NOT USE CENLAR BY ANY MEANS. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEIR EMPLOYEES HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THEIR JOB. I am currently looking to move our mortgage to our credit union. I will absolutely never do business with such a bad company.

Original review: March 6, 2018

RUN RUN RUN! Lenders can make mistakes, but this CENLAR does NOT NOT NOT care about taking responsibility to help Veterans when they and one of their warehouse lenders, Veterans First, makes a mistake. Giving them a 1 star is too much for dishonest dealings. Up front, friendly and seemed competent, but the people my buyers dealt with ended up knowing absolutely nothing about TWIA and the Texas Windstorm Insurance requirements. We had to educate them, then they still ignored my buyer's submission of invoices and paperwork for coverage. Instead, they insisted on using coverage they allegedly verified separately through GEICO's Texas contact, or we couldn't close.

A few weeks later, the buyers received a refund for "OVERPAYMENT" of premium. It didn't sound right to me, but again, it was allegedly verified by the Veterans First team. Shortly thereafter, Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas Gulf Coast. The Buyers' house was damaged. They tried to file a claim with TWIA, but they couldn't find the policy. So in checking with GEICO's connection in Texas who was supposed to take care of it after receiving funds, buyer was told "no premium payment was received", so no insurance. When we tried to get Veterans First to help, they refused.

When we investigated further, we found out it was Veterans First's error in their instructions to the title company and subsequent error of Wellington Insurance (GEICO's assigned agency) that both affected whether or not the buyers had any TWIA coverage. It was not until we threatened to sue that Veterans First had their attorney contact me and lead us to believe they were going to fairly settle the claim. They asked me for proof. We sent "some" emails as evidence of what the buyers requested for insurance versus what Veterans First made them use. Suddenly, even with proof in their hands that Veterans First made the initial error, their attorney stopped communicating and has made no effort to help out the veteran buyer that they allegedly care for.

Fortunately, at the advise of a professional who had a lot of legal dealings, we weren't stupid enough to send all evidence, including the recorded phone conversations that proved the loan office had no clue about TWIA coverage. So now we are filing complaints with the State of Texas against Veterans First, iFreedom (their parent company), CENLAR who Veterans First sold loan to and who sent letters with false information to the veteran and then promised to investigate (but also has cut off communications), GEICO, Wellington Insurance and StarStone National Insurance (affiliated with Wellington). RUN RUN RUN!!! Stay away from this lender and Veterans First.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My husband and I purchased our property in January 2016 with Primary Residential Mortgage, after a few (4) months they transferred our loan to Cenlar. With Primary Residential Mortgage our escrow was at a surplus of $3,700 which was required at the time of our closing. Then Cenlar took over, when Cenlar did their first escrow analysis, according to them, we were at a shortage of $3,200. So we paid our shortage in full and our mortgage still went up $268. Now, February 2018, I receive this year's escrow analysis with another shortage of $3,768.10 in addition my monthly mortgage will increase $55. I am again having to use my income tax refund to pay for this shortage. Cenlar claimed that more funds were paid for house hazard insurance than what was actually paid-according to my home hazard insurance company (Peoples Trust).

I faxed Cenlar the house insurance documents, but they did not reply, when I call, they tell me they have 30 days to investigate, just like last year. However, no one from Cenlar ever helped me. I do not know where the over-payment of house hazard insurance went. Again, last year, according to them, they paid over $6,000 for my house hazard insurance; However, my house hazard insurance was only $4,001.00. Cenlar tells me that it will take 30 days in investigate, but this has been going on since last year's escrow shortage and they never gave me a response. The same theft is occurring this year. If I don't pay the shortage I'm afraid they will do something worse or that I will lose my house. I don't know what to do. I'm not getting any answers from Cenlar. This company is full of thieves.

My mortgage payment started at $1,685, which is a fixed 3.75% loan. Next month it will be $2,050.55 for the rest of this year. I don't know what to do, this company has even hung up on me when I call to inquire. Horrible situation!!! Please any advice!!! Also, on several occasions, I have faxed a letter requesting to be removed from Escrow, but no reply from them and nothing gets done. I have been told to refax the letter over 10 times and I have.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

So I kept having issues with getting my mortgage paid through my own checking account and I made the decision to get the payments changed and sent through my mother's checking account, so far nothing but problems from this company, I am buying my first home, this is causing so much stress! Cenlar keeps saying the payments are being reversed, when I contact Cenlar they tell me the bank account number is wrong, we correct it. Still saying reversal of payment, meanwhile, Wells Fargo states "there have been no attempts of payment from this company", again we contact Cenlar. Start over. Give the account number again for the bank for withdrawal of payment, confirmation numbers are received. Still, received letter and notification on account that the bank is not honoring the payment. Somebody should help those that are having continuous problems with this company!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I send a payment to Cenlar Central Loan website and realize that it’s been 2 weeks. Didn’t take out in my account so I personally called my personal back to find out what happened but told me that there’s no record that I made payment so I did call Cenlar Central Loan Administration customer service and asked what happen. They said I paid in full. That there’s no errors whatsoever. That it might that the bank did release the money or not receive yet but that was 3 day ago. Then received a email about my loan that the payment I made was rejected cause it was a wrong account #. Stupid manager didn’t told me that. I feel like this people are very unprofessional.

Cenlar Loan doesn’t care about their customer. We need to bring this unprofessional people to the media and actually filled claim cause they think this is not serious and play around with us. This is our house. We pay monthly at least try to be on time so we don’t lost our house but this stupid customer service in Cenlar Loan including the managers are very rude and unknowledgeable people. God I hate this people. This kind of business should shut down. Now I’m late and got two fees.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Our mortgage was sold to Cenlar in 2016. The experience from the beginning has been a nightmare. The business model seems to be shady policies protected by horrible communications mediums. For example Cenlar made us get more flood insurance coverage than our prior mortgage company. They, of course, have an arrangement with an insurer where we would purchase this additional insurance. And of course these payments must be done in the escrow account. When we decided to buy this additional insurance from our current flood insurance provider, Cenlar raised the coverage requirements again. It’s like a penalty for not going through them.

What is Cenlar basing these insurance requirement on? Ironically, Cenlar will not allow us to pay all (original + additional required) flood insurance to our current ourselves. They are requiring us to use an escrow account, where they manage the payments. We do not trust Cenlar a little bit. We are worried that Cenlar will purposely miss the premium payment and we will lose our policy; then be forced to buy the insurance through Cenlar. This is just one of many unfortunate issues we have had with this mortgage company. We are more than happy to take a stand against their business practices.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had water damage and repair in my house. State Farm sent checks to me and Cenlar. I have paid everyone personally and still having trouble getting a dime from Cenlar. Each time talking to a different incompetent person. Each time being told they didn't have documents that had been sent several times. They flat out lie. Each time a new demand is made for lien waivers for form of contract documents for saying not a dime will be paid till things are 100% done which contradicts their own printed material, for never ever responding to any letters for any questions. I am at 95%. Buried in an avalanche of lies and paperwork which keep in mind is never known what they want until after it is all done so you have to run after contractors long gone to get new signatures. They are just flat out criminals. They are up there with Worldcom and Enron and one day will suffer the same fate.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I escrow my property tax payments with my house payment. Last December I was told that if I paid my 2018 property taxes and sent them a copy of the receipt by email that they would review and make an adjustment. I paid the $3,200 and sent them a copy of the receipt by email. Two weeks later they told me they could not open the attached documents wanting my loan number, my name and address so they could confirm it was really me. Done. Three weeks later I received an email stating that I would have to send the request by mail. What is going on? Why didn't they tell me all this at the beginning?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

First off... CALL HUD WITH COMPLAINTS. I had no choice in CENLAR purchasing my mortgage loan and boy do I wish I did. It all started in July of 2017 when I was diagnosed with cancer. I had to go through months and months of treatment and just needed some help with figuring out my options. It was suggested I do a loan modification to lower my pmt, so I did. I sent in their dumb useless packet on July 27th, 2017. I was told once they get the packet I would be made aware of additional documents they may need. And it would be processed in 30 days. Well that was a lie. Didn't hear from them for 3 weeks. I called and called and called getting nothing but run around. They kept requesting documents I already sent in multiple times. So what should have taken maybe 45-60 days actually took over 3 months. All awhile I was getting treatment and could not physically work.

So in mid Nov 2017 I finally (after about 30 calls I made to them) received word that they approved my modification. But wait... Instead of paying my normal $1603.00 a month it was now going to be $1667.00 a month. I was floored. All the bs I went through for months and months and months - all for nothing. So naturally I appealed it (they are out of their mind) to think I was going to pay $60 more a month when I was current on my mortgage and asking for a mod to lower my payment. So I sent in the appeal 2 days after the decision was made. I learned my lesson from the months of bs I went through. I called to verify they received it and was told they did. They even read word for word what I sent. Ok so I was settled. I called about 6 times, was always told no notes were posted. Here it is Feb 14, 2018, 3 months later and still all the bs. I was told today that they cannot see my appeal and that a supervisor would call me back.

I am furious!!! To say the least. So here it is 7 months later and they are still **. I wish I would have had a chance to not go with this mortgage provider. I have had nothing but ** and run around from them during the absolute worst time in my life. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT choose this company because you will have nothing but aggravation and run around. The customer service is the worst I have ever ever encountered. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

First and foremost I am a senior citizen. I have a FHA loan being serviced by Cenlar. Following hurricane Irma, they offered me a forbearance to help me through a difficult time. I specifically asked what would happen at the end of the 3 month forbearance and was told not to worry. It would be worked out and I would receive a letter explaining it. I did in fact receive a letter 2 and a half months later telling me I had a couple of choices, either file for foreclosure and give my house back, refinance and pay for the associated fees, or pay the balance of $4074.94 by the first of December, plus of course my December payment of $1365.94.

It took me two weeks after leaving numerous messages to get a callback then I was told I had to agree and give them permission to withdraw it from my account and I could not make the payment online. I paid the $4074.94 in 2 payments. $2709.64 Nov 16 and $1365.30 which they did not post until the full amount was paid. To add insult to injury I received on a average of 6 collection calls every day for the past 3 months. Cenlar is the most despicable company I have ever dealt with. What is wrong with this country when the Federal Trade Commission allows this to happen in the midst of a disaster. There should be a class action lawsuit filed against Cenlar.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Horrible service, no care for their customers! If you have a choice DO NOT choose this company for your mortgage needs. We have owned our house for 14 yrs and this company is the worst out of all that we have had. If we would have seen this company's reviews and done our research before we did our refinance we would not have done it. They are horrible and impossible to deal with. Please do not use them, you will be in for a headache. They make your life impossible and even after FEMA told us about hurricane help this company is NOT about helping you one bit or caring about you and your family. Worst company ever, just look at all the reviews. All one star and would probably be negative if it was possible.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have Cenlar as the servicing agent for my FHA loan. They are horrible to deal with, rude and incompetent. After the hurricane hit my area, they put me on the forbearance program. I asked them multiple time how that program work and about repayment. They avoided my questions and gave me multiple answers, everything from it would be tacked on the end of the loan, small repayment arrangement would be made, etc. I specifically said I did not want to have to make 3 payments in full after the end of the 3 months and was told not to worry they wouldn't do that. Well they did do that.

I researched it and found out that HUD oversees Cenlar and I made a complaint there. So then I found out that they had to do a loan modification because I had a change in income. The loan modification has become a nightmare. They finally did approve the loan modification, however they didn't notify me that it was approved. I called on December 27, 2017 and was told that it was approved, at this time I asked when my new payment amount would be due and how much it would be, was told the amount but not when it would be due (because it was not in the system) and that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days with the new payment arrangements. Never got a letter, so I called again on January 11th and was told at that time that my new payment was due on 1/1/18 and that I missed it, but don't worry it was ok, (the terms of the loan modification states that I must make 3 months payments on time for the modification to become permanent).

So I called HUD who then in turn faxed me the letter of approval on the modification dated December 28th. (Mind you they are threating foreclosure). So I had to mail my payment to them on January 11th by certified mail. They received it on January 16, but did not process it for 14 days. Then turned around and sent me a letter saying I failed to make my payment on time. So I called them again and at this time I was told the payments were due on the 28th of the month and that I was not late. However the letter dated December 28th says that it's due on the 1st of this month. So frustrated with them. If you have them you should file a complaint with HUD just to document everything. Also send everything certified mail and keep a log of all phone calls and dealing with them, copies of letters back and forth to them, just in case you need it in court.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

These folks have no manner to take action on what they are asked and promise to do. They absolutely have no care for their customers. I have send them a check on 1st of the month and they did not processed it until 16th of that month. I called them on 16th and told me they have not received any check. I paid it through ATM on 16th so to prevent paying penalty. Next day on 16th I called them again and they told me that they have received the check and have processed it on 16th. So I had paid two mortgages for one month and my bank account was overdrafted. I called and asked them to cancel one of the payment and send me a check. In two occasions they processed to send me a check which They said I will receive on 26th of the month. Today is 31st of the month and I have not received refund. The way these folks operate looks like more trouble ahead. The management obviously sucks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Very hard to contact, no callbacks and website payment option is always unavailable. I figured out if you click on the documents tab and register you can print your own payment stubs and mail-in your payment.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information