1.10/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

553 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

This company is a complete nightmare... Florida Hurricane Disaster, modification nightmare, foreclosure process nightmare, negative credit reporting, and funds lost. Hours and hours of call... So frustrated and we are still nowhere! What can be done about this? This isn’t right!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had a loan with Cenlar for 8 years and in December 2018 Cenlar sold my loan to Citibank. I called Cenlar 3 times to ask and confirm that my biweekly automatic mortgage payments would be terminated since the loan was transferred to Citibank. I was told by 3 different CS reps with Cenlar that my auto payments would be canceled. Additionally, I was instructed by Citibank to initiate a new auto payment through them. Long story short Cenlar kept deducting payments from my account even though I no longer had a loan with them. So therefore both Cenlar & Citibank were both deducting payments every month from my bank account, resulting in double payments. It has been a nightmare trying to get over $4k of my money back. I've had to solicit the services of Consumer Protection and BBB to assist me with the return of my funds. The most frustrating customer service experience I've ever experience.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 11, 2019

CitiBank sold my mortgage to this lowlife company. I applied an automated payment starting in November. All of a sudden, in March, my payment was returned. I called them on March 6th and they said that everything was fine. But when I checked my online account on March 11th, it showed a returned payment! When I called to ask why, they told me to contact my bank and the customer service rep, probably from the Philippines who could barely understand me, wouldn't tell me more. This is terrifying thinking about what they would do to my credit score. I am stuck with them as I have a really good rate but I am going to keep a close eye on everything moving forward. Beware!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My loan was sold after 20+ years here when local small town Bank closed, sold. In 2011. Nightmare since. Sold to "Coastal" in FL, 1500+++ miles away from us in Northern WU, closer to Canada, our day trips 4 hrs away. About 1000 of us sold out, in July 2011. We all notified our loans sold, to Coastal. Because downtown Bank closed. Many MANY MANY of us here got notices about, AFTER GOT FORECLOSURE NOTICES THIS NEW BANK. IN FLORIDA??? 1500 mile away?? Even though made pmts to local bank still. Then I as MANY HERE, after making pmt arrangements, making PMTs to this 'Coastal Bank', Got notice AGAIN!! FORECLOSURE NOTICES!! AND, 2 wks later, we receive notice from bank called "Cenlar". Bought out Coastal". They went "belly up", and no records of pmts!!??? Or anything, And this goes on and on...

I have made pmts 3++ yrs now directly to and 3 + yrs BK court they received also. Yet YEARS NOW, they have only credited me on Fed tax statements the back pmts to BK court. 3 years now, stuck in a "trial modification pmt". My escrow account exceeds $6000. My pmts made last 3 years exceed $33,000. Yet my year end Fed form pmts made still only reflect $1220 to: this year $3200? Still told all my pmts made in "suspended, UNAPPLIED" acct until BK over, or applied to new modification, Was supposed to have in 3 months, and going on 39 months now. All to 5 different Cenlar reps, 5 different answers. I am paying their attorney bills double! First out of my pmts, then AGAIN when their attorney files for, with BK court, I am paying again. They have $18000+ UNAPPLIED, in escrow, etc. But most agents, 4 of 5 will tell you I am -2100. Help.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My loan was sold to them in Dec 2018. I paid an extra payment to the old mortgage and a payment to the Cenlar in the month of December to make sure it was not late. Continued paying. So I was a month ahead. Today I called the mortgage company about something else I have been having an issue with and while on hold a recording told me I was delinquent. I thought it was a mistake. Come to find out they have all my money plus an extra payment and have sent me to collections for not paying the mortgage. I am a hostage to them. What can I do? How can they send me to collections when I have automatic deposit and paid an extra month in advance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My loan was recently sold to Cenlar. I had a mortgage with FBC. I just received a letter in the mail stating that there is a shortage in my escrow account (the account I brought up to date January or February of last year by paying an additional amount of $1,300) of over $4,000. My current mortgage is 1335+. The new payment Cenlar is requiring is over $1,900. They say if I pay the escrow amount in full I will only have to pay over $1,500.00. I have worked too hard and made too many sacrifices to get my home. If this is not resolved immediately, I will be getting an attorney.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

First of all, I would like to know why CitiMortgage transferred loan servicing to these folks!! Always paid my mortgage on time and added $100 towards principal. Went online to CitiMortgage to pay February 2019 payment and was directed to Cenlar. Mind you - wasn't able to log in to their website to submit a payment and when I called them (which took forever to get to a live voice) they had no record of my CitiMortgage Account or who I was!! I was told me try back on February 8 to establish an account or call them - since Cenlar was still in the process of receiving transferred accounts from CitiMortgage.

Finally I was able to establish an account on Cenlar and received an email confirmation that my transaction was processed. Lo and behold, today (02/14) the transaction was not processed. Called Cenlar and they told me that "my bank" declined the transaction - and it was probably because they did not recognize Cenlar's name or my bank thought it was fraudulent activity. Called my bank and they had no record of the transaction - at all!

Called Cenlar again (all I want to do is pay my mortgage on-time without a late fee or showing up on my credit report as late)! I paid it over the phone and was assured (yeah - whatever) that this February payment would not show up on credit report as being late - and I was charged an additional $5.00 and asked if I wanted to sign-up for automatic draft payments!! Really people?? - REALLY!! Wow - after 1 hour on the phone and dealing with the website, can only imagine what March 1st is going to be like. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt - but this sucks!!! Don’t know why the wheel needs to be fixed - when it wasn’t broken! Not a happy camper!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

This company went into my checking account at Citibank and robbed me for $7,569 unauthorized. I only made a monthly mortgage payment and they got greedy. What the hell is going on. Why did Citibank assigned our loans to these thieves. I need to run like hell and get my home into another reputable mortgage company before these crooks steal my home.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My mortgage was sold by CitiMortgage to Cenlar about a year ago. Since being with Cenlar, I've sent in additional principal payments as instructed on the back of my mortgage statement. The principal payments were applied as actual payments. When I called Cenlar regarding the errors, I was told it would take 5 business days to correct. After 5 business days nothing changed. I've called Cenlar and was told to use their website to ensure proper payments. I went to the website but I didn't submit any personal information because I don't trust the company. I've never dealt with such an untrustworthy company before. I'm keeping a close watch and documenting all payments. If a class action lawsuit is done by all means contact me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

If you have them as your mortgage company, run now. We had them and they claimed we didn't send in mortgage payments for a yr. Which after that was a major nightmare. Run if you see this company as your mortgage co and run hard. Refi. There needs to be a 0 star option.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I've only been a "customer" of Cenlar for a few weeks, and I'm already trying to figure out how to get far away from them. I've interacted with their live chat (when it works) a couple of times. Both agents were rude, uninformative, and slow. The mailer that they sent never mentioned the fact that it would take until the 15th of the month before former Citimortgage customers were given full access to the website. I hope this is a very short relationship.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

CENLAR bought my loan less than a year ago. So far, I have had to contact them twice for missing and mis-applied mortgage payments. For each mistake I have had to contact them numerous times before it was addressed and resolved (hopefully the last one is finally resolved). Either stupid or incompetent mistakes, or attempts at fraud. I would consider refinancing if I wasn't so close to paying this load off. Buyer beware! If you have a choice, avoid like the plague!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Totally need to start Class Action Lawsuit! Please get back to me if any are interested... I have never had any problems with any finance or mortgage companies as I have with Cenlar... I reached out to ask why they paid for 2 insurances when there was a policy already in place and the year before that we found they never paid our insurance renewal and we went without insurance not knowing until our Insurance company notified us!!! I am still presently in the middle of getting my escrow acct back to normal... They put money where they want regardless what you put on the stub!! They need to be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I’ve tried repeatedly to provide proof of homeowners insurance and when I called they confirmed. But I keep getting notifications for lack of homeowners coverage. What can I do? I realize they will not stop until they charge me for insurance which I already have.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

After reviewing online print out of my payments to Cenlar I was confused and alarmed by how they distributed my payments. The confusion in this chart was overwhelming. I am seeking further support to deal with these concerns. Transactions with this company have been a roller coaster ride that is complete opposite of my positive experiences from all other companies I held good relations and absolutely confident as there were no errors. This is frightening for an elderly female and having to spend way too much time untangling this mess and I know I am only at the tip of the iceberg.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This company has one of the worst customer service departments I have ever spoken to. I never write reviews but I had to since they are that bad! The employees are rude and do not care to help solve any issues that arise. They ask for paperwork and after it's sent to them. They can never seem to find it and ask for it again. This has happened multiple times! I know I sent it and sometimes speak to certain employees who find it and then the next time I call the paperwork has disappeared again. Beyond frustrating! I would never recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This company is absolutely horrible! Stay away from this loan for mortgage as they are not helpful in anything they do. Autopayment set up is a nightmare and they send you in loops without getting proper help. STAY away from them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This is company is just terrible - my bank I guess sold my loan to these crooks so there is nothing I can do about it but to anybody who has a choice stay away from these robbers!!! They are willfully negligent - they screwed up my loan nd then SENT ME NASTY, OFFENSIVE and THREATENING LETTERS and CHARGED ME LATE FEES for their mistake. Stay away from these unscrupulous gangsterite bums whatever you do!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This company has stolen $1189.51 my July mortgage payment and will not return it. They have shafted me since October. I was told an answer would take place today, December 19, 2018 and now they say another department is handling it. Also, they would not respond to my bank and also do not bank with BB&T because they will not restore the funds. Clearly the money left my account! So I’m now suing Cenlar doe emotional distress, time lost with calls and the total balance due on my home. They are hideous. I’m also contacting my builder to cease selling loans to Cenlar. I’m beyond angry.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

When making a payment, either the staff, or their computers choose where to put the payment. You'd think a portion goes to interest, a portion to principle, and a portion to escrow. Nope! When you find out more money is owed, it is because they put the money in the wrong place, and then they nicely move it to the right column. Not once, but every month. Today's payment took over 1/2 hour on the phone. And I am sure we overpaid (as they shoved last months payment to the wrong column again). This is a Citibank mortgage who sold the processing over to Cenlar. They ought to fire the boss of the person at Citibank who made this decision to transfer the servicing to Cenlar. Didn't they review ANY online reviews of Cenlar?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I closed on my home end of August with NBKC Bank. NBKC sold my loan to Cenlar. Cenlar is a circus of a company. I decided I wanted to escrow my taxes and home insurance one week after closing. They stated I could fax or mail the required/requested documents. I faxed and confirmed that the documents were received via phone multiple times and they stated that they needed 30 days to review the documents. I received letters stating they were missing documents. When I called to inquire what was going on, Cenlar employees stated they had everything they needed and to disregard the letters. Then in November, they stated all of a sudden they had nothing they needed. So I sent the documents via U.S. Certified Mail; it is showing as received. It is now December and they are stating they never received the documents. It seems like an act of God to do something so small like this.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am doing Living Trust & my attorney wanted to know if Cenlar has objections to transfer the title of the property to the Trust. Sometime in September I had faxed the request & again on October 22nd & again on Nov. 8th & again on Nov. 29th and again today Dec. 7th with no response from the company. Very disturbing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We were switched much to our dissatisfaction to Cenlar. We have an excellent credit score. I went to add an escrow payment to my automatic monthly payment at the end of October on their website. Big mistake. They took out my mortgage payment right away with the escrow and then did my regular automatic payment. It was stated right on the payment page that the escrow would come out with my automatic payment. Apparently, I misunderstood according to Cenlar and there was no way to return the extra payment according to “Andre”(not that names mean anything anymore).

By the way, I was told by the first representative I called while the payment was still pending at the bank, that I would receive a refund by check within 8-10 days. A lie. So I called back and they promised me and sent me a statement saying that the next payment would not be due until 1/1/19. On December 3, they took out the regular monthly payment. I am at my wit's end. I sent them an email asking to please resolve, promised an answer within 24 hours. Guess what? Yup, no answer. If anyone can advise, I would appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

First, I would like readers to know they can go to this site and file their complaints so this company is investigated for their practices. www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ Cenlar buys up loans, and then, we, the consumers get treated poorly because at that point why should they care. They have added their own insurance to my condo twice now, even after sending them HOA proof of insurance coverage. Even when they take this upon themselves, they do not send the coverage explanation, or insurance company name. Then when you call, their customer service does not follow through so it is on your free time to keep trying them on the phones. Worst mortgage I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Please whatever you do try to avoid this company Cenlar. Without notice they took me off me paying my property taxes on my own to changing me double property taxes on each monthly bill. This started 11-months ago with no resolution in sight. I'm to the point now that I'll be having to sell my home of 19-years for what they are doing to me. I'm a disabled person 62-years old and they know it. I've been shuffled one person to the next, etc., etc. I didn't involve myself with this company. My mortgage broker sold the paper to Cenlar so here I am totally screwed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When I try to edit my name on my payment account, the website does not let me. Their "Name on account" field can't even handle my full name. Their SSO/SAML sucks. I have to open multiple tabs to open documents vs make a payment vs FAQ. When you're in a chat, it opens up the entire page and when you click on something it disconnects the chat. I mean, can you guys hire better designers? Now I can't even set up automatic payments EVEN though I CAN make a one time payment with the account what you're saying you can't set up with automatic payments.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Mortgage got sent to Cenlar for processing payments. Problems started immediately. I set up payment through my TD Bank bill pay service. They receive the payments, then say they never got it, then 6 weeks later they send the payment back to TD Bank. I had a 3-way call with TD and Cenlar's "Escalation Desk" and Cenlar had to admit they were getting the payments. They could not explain why the payments keep getting sent back.

When you call their customer service line you get the "Longer waits due to high call volume" no matter what day or time you call. If you opt for a call back you will never get a call. Their agents are friendly enough but they are poorly trained and cannot answer simple questions. 27 minutes on a call this week with their agent who just kept saying, "Wow I never saw this," before I was disconnected. Obviously they don't want a bad call review so they disconnect the call. Does anyone know a way to switch companies without a refi?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The most rude Reps and Managers I have ever dealt with in my life. Not only is the company incompetent in their communication but when you call them they are conditioned to say it's not the banks fault. They never once said the automatic payment would be instated and I know I did not give permission for them to use this method. So they took out 1 payment I made as a 1 time, then they tried the next day to take out the automatic payment and failed and hit my overdraft for $30 on me, then it was put back in my account even though the loan payment has already cleared. Then day 3 took out another loan payment. So I called and got not our fault and really freaking rude rep and Manager. Citibank, your name is attached to this, good luck with that. Wish I could give zero stars. I would also like to know where the interest is going on my payment and the other 144000 mortgages they did this to? IRS might also be interested.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Cenlar took over our home loan and from the beginning it's been Horrible. They took forever to set up our account. Then they lost 2 payments. The check never cleared and it was declared lost. The second payment was returned by the US POST master. We used self-addressed company payment envelopes to sent in our payments. I can't figure out why our payment was returned. I suspect that this company deliberately loses payments so they can collect fines. It's just unbelievable how this company can be in business. The web interface is horrible and customer service does not know what to do. The only positive statement I can make is that at least you can reach a person on the phone. I really can't figure out how regulators allow this company to stay in business. We got the bank records and returned envelope as proof. We never had issues with other mortgage companies before. I wish we could get a different mortgage company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have owned several homes over many years. I have always used my bank! I made biggest mistake of my entire 70 years! Instead of using my bank, I used Fairway Mortgage. They did not tell me they immediately sell loans and I ended up with CENLAR. Why are they allowed to be in business? See all reviews are terrible. Only one star! I am sure most would give them NO star if they could! You are in trouble if your loan is with CENLAR!! If you call them, you will be on hold for 1.5 hours and still no answer! No matter what day or hour you call!! They never respond to correspond either! In almost 2 years, no coupon book for payments! No loan statement for taxes! Then they accepted by October 2018 and sent me a check for that payment saying it was the wrong amount and a new payment amount to pay almost 1/3 more and no explanation as to why the increase! This is how they operate!

I called them today! Thank God! Their number recognized me and told me my loan had been transferred to Flagstar and a number to call. I called Flagstar! Customer Service agent answered on first ring!! Great! She explained issue and transferred me to a person who answered on first ring! She explained the issue.

She was appalled at CENLAR. No notice monthly payment going up and why. I needed to catch up on escrow! However, CENLAR should have given me the option to pay the $2000+ instead of auto adding it to monthly payments split over 12 months! You are in trouble if CENLAR is your mortgage company! The government should not allow them to do business and they immediately report this as late payment to the credit bureaus! Wish I knew how to submit a grievance BBB and government controlling then allow to operate! Good luck!

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information