1.27/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

586 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2019

Re-fi'd with Cenlar three years ago. The application process was online and easy, all my questions were answered promptly with a phone call to their rep. I got a good rate and their billing and notifications are on time and comprehensive.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I'm also in the Citibank to Cenlar transition. I will start by saying I just had a very professional and helpful call with a Cenlar rep-- she gets gold stars. However, my key complaints are:

1) We never received any information from Citi or Cenlar about the transfer to Cenlar to service the loan. She acknowledged I'm not the first to tell her this.
    2) I received the first statement from them about 5 days before the next payment was due (which is today). She clarified the due date was the date we set up to pay, and that there is a 15-day grace period beyond that, and that during the transfer, there is a 60-day blackout period where no negative actions can be taken against the borrower.
    3) My first 3 calls to Cenlar were via a maddening phone tree, which then dropped my calls after navigating through the access channels multiple times.

4) Nowhere on the statement do they let you know whether or not your auto-draft set up previously with Citi is still operative, and there is no place on the statement that reveals how their first payment collection was made. (Are they reporting a draft taken by Citibank? Did they themselves take the bank draft using credentials transferred by Citi?)

I haven't really used the website yet except to try to get a phone number (says unavailable) and I couldn't even find the chat link referred to on another information page. So the jury is out on how well that will function. Final resolution is that I don't have to do anything; that my auto bank drafts will continue uninterrupted. My actual wait time was not terribly long, either-- only about 10 minutes. She said that today was unusually quiet but that it's been non-stop for the reps there, with people often having waited a long time.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My mortgage was sent to Cenlar as well. I've had to deal with their customer service twice, so far no complaints. I also think the website has more options, especially when it comes to making additional payments. You can choose up to 9 additional payments. Today I made 3 additional payments. I don't like when banks restructure and send mortgages to 3rd party companies, but as long as there are no issues, shouldn't be any problems.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My husband and I bought our first home in Florida back in 2016. Our mortgage was sold to Cenlar a few months after closing. So far we have no complaints. The website is always available aside from routine maintenance and is easy enough to navigate. If it helps anyone I use the Google Chrome browser to log on. I know it's working because I just logged on this morning. They have features such as Budget Draft that are helping us pay off our home faster. This is when they split the mortgage in half to be paid biweekly. You also can set it up for payments to only come out of your account when you get paid. It's a nice alternative to refinancing because you can automatically take whatever extra principal payments you want every 2 weeks. Doing this has turned a 30 year mortgage down to a 10 year one and even if things get rough we can stop having them take out the extra principal payments with a simple phone call.

That being said I took off a star for a reason. As with any company, dealing with customer service can be a crap shoot. Some representatives are very helpful and give me what I need in a short amount of time. The reps who helped me set up the budget draft were great and I haven't had a problem since. Some don't know what they are doing.

Once I wanted to know when I could get the PMI taken off my loan and whoever I dealt with didn't know how to help me. I wound up just figuring it out myself. Sometimes the hold times are long too. As irritating as that can be the solution is simple. Hang up and call back when they are less busy if you do not have the time or patience to wait. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows you can't always get to all the calls when so much is going on. It doesn't have to mean they don't care about your call. It could be as simple as not having enough ears and mouths on staff to take it right that second. Also if you get stuck with a goober on the phone don't be afraid to hang up and try to get a better rep.

One suggestion I have to Cenlar is to be very clear when offering disaster "help." After Hurricane Irma knocked a 5 ton tree on our house in 2017 we reached out to Cenlar. They said they could pause our payments for 3 months while we figured out how we were going to tackle the repairs and tree removal. What they didn't tell us is that when those 3 months were up we were going to have to pay all three months mortgage in full. So this was more of a "die another day" strategy than actual help. We were under the impression that once we resumed payments it would be one month at a time and it would take just a bit longer to pay off the loan. Luckily we had the money to cover it or we would have been screwed.

All in all Cenlar hasn't given us any real problems. All our payments come out on time and are correct. If you get the right agent on the phone they can solve your problems quickly and efficiently. Some agents just need more training. Any company can have issues like that. Just be patient and check your settings for login problems. If they are that terrible try refinancing with a new company. As far as we care concerned we have no reason to waste money on jumping a ship that's not sinking.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

No issues with transfer of loan data. I was given notice from my bank that my home loan would be serviced by Central Loan Administration & Reporting. I went to https://www.loanadministration.com/, entered my loan number, etc, and all my info populated, and it was accurate. I read all the reviews. I feel bad for those that had bad customer service. Hopefully, all my interaction will be online. Good luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: May 22, 2019

Unfortunately, my mortgage was sold to Cenlar a year ago. And for a year now it has been a nightmare. They hardly ever answer their calls and correspondence through emails or on their sight takes sometimes weeks to get a response. One day I asked how many people you have working there as a joke due to they hardly pickup the phone. She stated, "I am very sorry but we are short staff and working on that situation as quickly as possible." Poor business.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My loan was sold by Citi to them. We had fallen behind on payments and were denied by Citi for a modification. I was trying to make payments on my own but struggled. Citi sent out certified letters each month regarding the payments. I got the letter they were transferring us to Cenlar as of April first. I called them to set up payments and see where we stood with them. Shortly after the loan transferred they couldn’t answer any of my questions because not all the info was transferred over yet. I set up two payments with them. One didn’t clear. One did. I called back to see what had happened with the other payment. I was told they sent me a “foreclosure” summary which I never got in the mail the phone then hung up. So I called back at that time I asked if I could still make payments. Before I got an answer the phone hung up again.

The THIRD time I called they told me I could make a payment with them so I set up two for this month. I just called yesterday to touch base and they said I’m in pre-foreclosure status. They will NOT honor any payments unless I pay 5000 in full. I seriously have spoken with these people weekly since the transfer and I get different answers every time nor have I at any point received documentation from them telling me formally that they are going forward with foreclosure. I was under the impression that I’m suppose to be given a notice of some kind and 30 days from that day to cure the default. I am done doing this myself. I’m retaining an attorney because I don’t trust these people whatsoever.

Original review: May 15, 2019

CitiMortgage sold/transferred my loan to Cenlar 9/2018. I've tried for months to contact them to set up Bimonthly automated payments because it's financially better for. Last week I received a letter stating I'm in danger of foreclosure. I'm not delinquent. I owe $865 for May, which I was willing to pay but was told I have to pay June's full payment before I could set up bimonthly automated payment. That all loans have to be paid 1 month ahead. I thought that there was a 15 day grace period for each month. I've had my home since 1995 & have never had to pay ahead. I'm truly not satisfied with the service I'm getting. I've not signed any agreement with Cenlar.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Unfortunately, my mortgage was sold to Cenlar. I decided to use their "Budget payment" feature in which you can send a payment twice a month to reduce amount of compounding interest. It seemed like a great deal. At some point, they decided to stop accepting my payments (because my bank was automatically sending them payments instead of them withdrawing the payments). It was the same payment they had been accepting for many months. My statements would indicate that they applied the payment then immediately removed it, which is crazy. What's crazier is that the money was not returned to my account.

My payments were going into thin air! Note that I pay additional principal each month and am not even close to being delinquent. I think it's a scam to try to make people delinquent then force them to pay fees. Note that they take forever to respond to messages and you'll be waiting quite a bit to talk to them over the phone, so having your mortgage switched to Cenlar is, well, time consuming and frustrating.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My CITI mortgage was recently sent to CENLAR to be serviced. We as consumers have no control over this. The service is really poor. First, the information they provided was extremely unclear if my automatic deductions would continue. The website doesn't show this. The "Chat" button actually is not a chat but simply FAQ. I have not found it possible to reach a customer service representative after two calls. Both with long holds. After the second call and being on hold for 25 minutes, the call "disconnected". I registered an online account and now after one day, the login doesn't work but the error message doesn't indicate why. This seems like an area where consumers have few protections when loans are resold other than perhaps avoid banks where they frequently resell to CENLAR.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Have been with Citi for decades. One day out of blue, 10 days before the next mortgage due date, Citi Mortgage notified me by letter that Mortgage has been sold to Cenlar. From that letter opening moment on, Cenlar has been trouble, no customer service exists in Cenlar company, Cenlar blame Citi for not setting up the automatic payment correctly. In April 2019, Cenlar took out 2 mortgage payments, Cenlar blames on Citi, Citi has no response to the errors Cenlar made. At the end I was out for 2 mortgage payments, not one payment. Cenlar, if there was 0 star rating for your company, that's for you. Citi gets 1/2 star.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Another victim of CitiMortgage's sending my loan to Cenlar for 'servicing'. All calls to Cenlar dropped (from various phones) 5x. Office open until 10 pm (but I called at 5 pm and no answer). When I solicit Citi's help, their calls to Cenlar dropped 2x. Cenlar website does not have basic information - like when my account will auto draft. All I want is a simple answer: does my auto payment stay in place. I'd recount the various confusing letters/notices from Citi and Cenlar - but you'd be better off reading Kafka. Citi and Cenlar's communication is a case study in confusion. Citi - will never work with you again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Citi transferred my loan. Made first payment April 1 2019. The next day I got a letter that said my next payment would be for $3400.00 for the loan transfer fee and the payment. I did not ask for them to take my loan.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I really can't understand why CITI sold my mortgage to this worst service company. If you want to pay off your mortgage it is not easy. It will waste lots of your time to call them several several times and always ask you to wait final statement. The wait time will make you crazy. I would like to say if your mortgage are unfortunately to be sold to this company. It's better to refinance with others than continue with Cenlar. Trust me.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Throughout the life of my mortgage (14 years to data) I've dealt with multiple loan services companies and have never experienced what seems to be intentional negligence from Cenlar. Here are a few of their practices: I did not receive the mandatory notice from Cenlar when my mortgage was transferred from Citimortgage. I have tried to access their 'portal' multiple times and it always gives me an error. I know loan servicing companies are required to have a certain uptime and it's been 100% failure for me. Bills (insurance and taxes) are not paid on time and it is very difficult to reach them to prevent issues with payments or enforce them. Wait time on the phone to reach customer service is typically 40+ minutes if it does not get cut. On the plus side, if you overcome the issues to reach a human, the customer service representatives are informed and respectful.

Original review: April 23, 2019

It's better re-finance than continue with this company. It's a scam and not sure why they are in business and taking more business. They messed up my escrow payments and now spending hours to fix it. Their customer service is so rude that one lady hung up on me.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Shame on Citimortgage for upselling my mortgage to Cenlar!!! The customer service (although most are polite) is not very well versed in operations. It is typical to be on hold for 30-50 minutes. The phone call is often randomly disconnected while on hold. I am refinancing my house and there was an extreme delay requesting documents AND they do NOT respond to e-mails. My loan is scheduled to close this week. I am STILL waiting on documents.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Cenlar Loan Company is the worst loan administrator company there is. I called to ask a simple question and I was on the phone for an hour trying to get someone that could answer the question. I was told I was being transferred and actually got put back at the main line and had to enter my info again, when I finally got to talk to someone I had to answer the original questions again, then still did not get an answer.

They will not redo your mortgage stating to me at least that my loan can't be renegotiated I ask why and again was told that they didn't know and they did not have someone that could answer that question. If you don't have a loan through this company DON'T get one, run far and fast from this company, they will drag out your loan as long as possible to get ALL of your money. VERY POORLY MANAGED Company. As long as you make your payments and don't cause them any issues they love you, if you need something you will not get it from this place.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Citi recently transferred my mortgage services to "Cenlar" (after only less than 3 years of the mortgage). Cenlar are the worst. It has been almost 2 weeks since the transfer from Citi to Cenlar, and this whole time and even today I have been unable to view my mortgage information on Cenlar's website. You can only reach a person there during office hours, and when you finally do they have no clue what they are talking about.

I sent an email query and all that came back was "your documents are in the mail" - a completely nonsense response to my question! I don't understand how Cenlar can be operating. I see so many bad reviews about them on this website. This is people's MORTGAGES we are talking about, not something you bought in a store. It is VITAL that people have accurate information about their mortgage obligations and to not have access to that and not be able to speak to a person about it, and to be given no answers to questions and the run around is an absolute disgrace. I don't know which other banks use Cenlar but this has turned me off Citi mortgage forever.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Cenlar Loan Administration has had my loan to service for only 3 months and only 1 payment has been trouble free. Customer service is terrible. Website is terrible. I scheduled my payment, but it wasn't made. That made me one payment behind. I called to find out why it wasn't made - I still don't know why it wasn't made. I told them I would reschedule that payment online, plus the current payment. I called them back with a question before I scheduled the payments and was told that it had already been scheduled by the first person I spoke to - even though I didn't authorize it.

So, on the day it was scheduled to be paid, I called back because it wasn't showing as paid. She first said that it IS scheduled for that day, then a few minutes later she said it wasn't scheduled to be paid that day. Huh? Is it or isn't it? So I make the payments AGAIN. I have no confidence in this company at all. I can only hope that the payments are made today. Oh, and the lady asked me if I needed financial assistance with my loan... If they had processed my payment when it was scheduled, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BEHIND! Now I look like a deadbeat because of their error. CitiMortgage obviously didn't care who they handed us off to.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Everything about this company is sub-par. Their website does not work, you are not able to login and you receive numerous errors. If you are ever able to actually log in, you unable to perform the most basic of functions such as downloading statements. Having Cenlar service my loan has severely crippled my ability to perform normal transactions. I called Citi to file a complaint and they said there is nothing they can do, and that I need to contact Cenlar. However, when I try to reach them by phone, they are unreachable. There is also extremely critical security flaws in their user authentication system that open up users to having their identity stolen. I am a programming and so I know how these things work. For Citibank to associate themselves with this company is an embarrassment, they should be ashamed. This is completely unacceptable and this business needs to be shut down.

Original review: April 12, 2019

CitiMortgage transferred my account to this awful company. Nothing but problems from day one. This month they withdrew a payment from my bank account twice. I called and was randomly disconnected three times while trying to speak to a representative. I finally pressed the option for a Spanish representative and was able to get through. They showed no record of my double payment. Only solution she could give me was to call my bank and file a dispute. Their website is also a joke. Always down and their links do not work. This has been a nightmare.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My online account got locked more than a month and nobody to help to unlock it. I called numerous times to customer support and they couldn't unlock the account. It is very frustrating to deal with CSR who doesn't know anything about online support.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Can't get in touch with anyone, phone calls are suddenly dropped. If I could rate a 0, I would. Why did Citi sell these loans to a company nobody is satisfied with. Gonna find me another company. Ridiculous.

Original review: April 8, 2019

One of my loans has been serviced by Cenlar for years, and another loan was sold to Cenlar in 2019. Their service has always been terrible, and has only gotten worse. Cenlar has failed to provide year end tax statements as required by law. Cenlar often does not provide a monthly statement, and does not make that information available online. Cenlar's website is often broken altogether. Even if/when the Cenlar page loads, the links do not work. The link to chat does not open a chat window. Their link to a phone number opens a window that says "unavailable." They have not confirmed receipt of the monthly payment drafted from my bank account. They have not verified the interest charged, or the principal balance. I cannot confirm that they have made the proper property tax and insurance payments from the escrow account, and I cannot confirm that they have the correct escrow balance.

Original review: April 7, 2019

CitiMortgage transferred my loan to Cenlar in September 2018 and I have had nothing but problems after trying to increase my additional principal payment online. I called customer service when no payment was taken out when expected for my auto payment. They told me they could not see what I changed online, but the change I made screwed up my auto drafts. Then why suggest people make the change online? 3 calls later and it still is not fixed. The third representative told me the first 2 didn't do what they were supposed to. I had to pay $5 twice for an operator to make payments because none were coming out and I didn't trust that they ever would. The latest is they took my money, but didn't apply the payment and it shows it is overdue. I never had any of these problems with Citibank for the 12 years my loan was through them.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My mortgage loan was recently transferred from CitiMortgage to Cenlar. Tried to set up automated payments but the feature is "unavailable" on their website for one-time or recurring payments. I haven't been able to reach customer service. No idea how I'll get my payment to them, and I've NEVER been late with a mortgage payment. I filed a complaint with the CFPB and encourage anyone else who's had trouble with this company to do the same.

Original review: April 5, 2019

This review just basically repeats all the other recent reviews I read. The website is horrible and hard to navigate - making/editing payment options are unavailable. The automated phone service is horrendous and hard to get a representative on the line - either calls are randomly disconnected or the lengthy automated messages between each option. This is 2019 and consumers are dealing with technologies from 20 years ago. How can we legally get our mortgage loans out of Cenlar's balance sheet and onto a better service?

Original review: April 5, 2019

Like the customer’s review below, my home/mortgage loan was transferred from CitiMortgage to this AWFUL company! (Thanks CitiMortgage! I would have honestly preferred that they would allowed me, their customer, to do my research on this company, before they transferred my loan - & this whole nightmare with Cenlar could have been avoided.) I’ve been with Cenlar for only 2 months, so far - & the issues started on day ONE! For starters, they charge an additional $25 for some sort of BS fee, in ADDITION to my agreed upon mortgage payment. (I signed up for automatic withdrawals via their website.)

Secondly, & certainly the worst part of this whole experience is that during *BOTH* months, they’ve tried to withdrawal *2* payments, for the same amount, within days of each other, resulting in overdraft fees from my banking institution. (I attempted to call their customer service number, to ask why they’re trying to withdrawal *2* payments, but of course, their pre-recorded message says that “wait times could be longer than normal.” Waited nearly 10 minutes to talk to a customer service representative.)

Like the other reviewer below, I’m contacting my other banking institution, to see if I can get them to buy/transfer my mortgage account *IMMEDIATELY*! (It makes no sense to stay with such a dishonest, disorganized company!) 558 existing complaints, at the time of this writing, highlights the fact that there are *SERIOUS* problems with this company & I truly hope that a class action lawsuit (for dishonest business practices) can be filed by all of the customers who have been abused/taken advantage by this company! I truly hope that this company can be put OUT of business, immediately, so that nobody else has to experience the headaches & frustrations caused by this nightmarish company!

Original review: April 2, 2019

My home loan was recently transferred to Cenlar from Citimortgage (along with all other Citimortgage loans), and it has been a terrible experience. Despite Citi saying that my autopay service would continue automatically, it seems to have been canceled. To fix this, I went to Cenlar's extremely bad website to enable it, but there found that the autopay service "currently unavailable". To try to figure out how that could be possible, I called their customer service number, and after waiting for ~15 minutes on hold, they randomly hung up on me. So I called again, and the exact same thing happened. Considering the stakes and importance to customers of loans and financing, this is pretty evil behavior on their part. Considering my experience so far, I would never, EVER do business with Cenlar voluntarily. I will be trying immediately to get my loan transferred to another, non-terrible loan servicing company.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information