1.20/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

513 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Have had several issues with Cenlar, including property taxes simply NOT getting paid to my county. This time, duplicate payment was made in error (former Bill Pay I thought was deleted on my bank's end wound up going through), in addition to my auto-pay through Cenlar. Two robot-esque reps told me a refund was not available since it was "my fault, not theirs". After demanding a Manager, I was transferred to Elliott, an Escalation Specialist, who told me that since we caught it immediately, he could pursue a refund; this was on 10/2. He explained this would be check-free, as opposed to them mailing a check. Sounds good, as I'd like to be refunded ASAP. (Simultaneously, I pursued a claim with my Bill Pay bank, but that's a nightmare for a Wells Fargo review!) He wouldn't give me his phone number, but did send me his email address if I needed to follow up.

On 10/8 I emailed to follow up on my refund status, and he promptly replied, stating the refund was processed on 10/5, but after 2 pm, and since 10/8 was a bank holiday, I would receive the money in my bank account on 10/9. That date comes and goes, and still no refund. I call Cenlar this morning, and after 3 robot-esque Reps and 30 minutes, I learn that 'check-free' actually refers to Check-Free, a 3rd party vendor who processes their refunds, and THEY could take up to 21 days. So I ask for the Check-Free contact info and reference information to follow up with them. "Oh, we don't have that. Check with your bank. Maybe they know."

Of course my bank doesn't know who Check-Free is, and cannot provide any contact info. And, no surprise, Elliott the Escalation Specialist is now ignoring my emails. So now my money is being held hostage by a company that no one claims to know anything about. I wonder if I'll EVER get my refund... $1600 down the drain. BUYER BEWARE! Do not do business with this company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I changed my homeowner's insurance to get a better rate. This company has failed to be of any assistance nor did they try to help. I spoke to a manager and was told by the customer service rep that the manager would be of no help - no kidding. It was like talking to a brick wall. I could not get an answer and felt like I was wasting my breath. Do not let your loan be sold to this company.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

It's difficult to break down how many problems I've had with this company. 1 - Failed to recognize my homeowners status and charged me investment property taxes. REFUSED TO CONFESS they made a mistake, had more than one person review the account forcibly because the company doesn't believe in investigating potential issues. 2 - Charged me $1600 for insurance, I'd already paid for. "IT WAS AN OVERSIGHT IN THE PAPERWORK". I reviewed the bill with them 3 times and asked a million questions about the line items before anyone bothered to investigate.

3- Every time you call to speak with an agent, they ask if they tell you, you are being recorded and confirm they can reach you by phone if there is an issue with your account. When the property tax issue came up, they were mailing to my street address but failed to add my apartment number. I was never notified of issues so that I could proactively resolve them at that moment. I had to call to inform them to add the condo number to the correspondence. HOWEVER HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW THE CONDO NUMBER SINCE THEY WERE EASILY CHARGING ME A MORTGAGE PAYMENT FOR IT??? It's a NO brainer. Do not ever deal with this company. They are a true example of mismanagement. I can only imagine how much money they cost people who simply trust this company will look out for them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

No issues with transfer of loan data. I was given notice from my bank that my home loan would be serviced by Central Loan Administration & Reporting. I went to https://www.loanadministration.com/, entered my loan number, etc, and all my info populated, and it was accurate. I read all the reviews. I feel bad for those that had bad customer service. Hopefully, all my interaction will be online. Good luck.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Cenlar Purchased loan 2 months after closing from HomeBridge. Annual escrow analysis asking for $2100 plus increased mortgage amount. Changed hazard insurer 6/18, not reflected in escrow and in fact they paid the old carrier. Received notification of forced place insurance. Now they state I owe $10K in property taxes where my current statement was for 6.5K. In process of utilizing mortgage loan officer at HomeBridge to help resolve this. Very poor ability to add extra funds to escrow account on a monthly basis, has to be manually entered. Unable to reach by phone, system is unavailable, too busy, or simply does not answer. If not resolved by their deadline to bring the escrow account current, will be filing a complaint with the state and hiring an attorney.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My loan was sold to Cenlar and they can't get my property tax correct. My county has sent them my Property Tax and Assessment. My annual property tax is $543.42. They seem to think my annual tax is $2274.52 and are billing me for that amount for escrow. I have sent them copies of my Property Tax and Assessment. I've been trying to get this straightened out for 6 months. My 4 year old granddaughter could figure this out. A Cenlar employee named Mary figured out the problem in 2 minutes and sent Escrow a work order showing how to correct the problem. I haven't been able to talk to Mary since. Cenlar probably fired her because she was intelligent. I strongly advise they be avoided like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I acquired my mortgage from FBC Mortgage in Florida. After a few months, FBC sold my mortgage and transferred my payment method to Cenlar. I received the documents from FBC announcing the change and whom was taking over. I was instructed in the letter to expect more information from now on from Cenlar. To date, Cenlar has not provided the correct documents given, mailing address, payment due, or website from them... nothing.

I called up a weeks and days before my payment was due, and was told they would provide documentation. They never did. To date, I have no statements or announcement from Cenlar, and only have a web login given from customer support, that I had to reach out for. I believe their goal is to delay the process to force late fees upon their customers.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Just an honest company doing what is needed. No mistakes, explains what is going on and answers your questions asap. I get full explanations of each payment and escrow account.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This mortgage company should be investigated. They are arrogant, nasty, ignorant. They illegally withheld $18,878.78 from the company that repaired our house! They made me do air tests months after Cenlar's inspectors signed off on their inspections! Thoroughly disgusted with the run around this company gave me!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

They continue to collect escrow money even though I pay Insurance and taxes on my own. I have been battling with them for 6 months with monthly phone calls where they change the game every time I call. They are clueless and have no idea what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I asked CENLAR how to remove PMI from my mortgage and they suggested I have an appraisal done to my house. I agreed, and they set up the appraisal. I also asked CENLAR if they provide home equity line of credits, they said no, so I had to go to another bank. The other bank then asks for an appraisal of the home to get the HELOC, and since I had already had an appraisal done for CENLAR, I figured I could use the same report for the other bank. I was wrong. Once I get my appraisal report, it doesn’t have my name as the borrower, so the other bank does not accept it.

I got in touch with the appraiser, and he tells me he cannot revise the report unless CENLAR asked him to. I emailed CENLAR about this, and received nothing. The only thing I received was an automated email from CENLAR saying they will remove PMI, but nothing else. I sent them two more emails, and nothing. Now I have to go and spend another $600 less than a month later to get another appraisal for the other bank. CENLAR has been the worst company I’ve ever dealt with, and I will refinance my mortgage and go to another bank as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

This company is terrible to work with. It takes them weeks to read one piece of paper. If they need additional documents they write you a letter. I requested they call or email also. They close your file if you do not respond within a few days and that includes the mail time. I have been messing with this company for 8 months. It is a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our mortgage was transferred to Cenlar from J. G. Wentworth Home Lending in Aug 2018. We made a 700.00 payment to the principle when JGW was still servicing the loan. Cenlar will not recognize the 700.00 payment. I have been writing messages, calling them and they say they cannot find this payment even though JGW gave me the receipt and statement, which I sent to Cenlar. I send a copy of my bank statement, they will not accept that either. The bank said that is all the proof that they can give. I am very scared going forward that my payments with not be recognized in the future or I will have big problems with this mortgage company doing shady business.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

These people are not professional at all. I am recently widowed and it is taking time for my lawyer to get things squared away. They refuse to speak with me on the phone. I dealt with a very rude employee whose name is Anthony. Absolutely no concern in his voice, no empathy. They erroneously charged me a late fee and he kept challenging me as if I did something wrong. I am done dealing with them at this point. It has gone back to my lawyer. I need to refinance the home anyway so am praying I can switch to another lender. Note to Cenlar: Your "customer service" reps shouldn't be jaded.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Consistently long hold times - sometimes over an hour. The company is a scam and does everything they can to pilfer people's pockets. We've been going through a deed in lieu process for my elderly in-laws since last December and they lost the original 56-page packet we sent them via certified mail so we had to resubmit the documents in April because "they expired." It's been a comedy of errors ever since. They request an item and we alert them that they actually received the item months ago. Repeat this 20x and you know where we're at with them. They are not honest and will raise a payment etc. without notification. Do not auto draft with this company. Mail your check or better yet, find another mortgage company!! Cenlar is a bottom feeder company with poor technology and no recourse (or management) to call unless you get an attorney. Their staff is rude and has East Coast attitude!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

About two months ago (June) I signed up for automatic payments after nearly four years of paying manually. Soon after our house was put on the market and went under contract. The following month (July), I paid manually out of habit, and the automatic payment was also taken out. Our home was scheduled for closing and the loan would be paid off before the September payment was due as our online account stated the next payment was due 1 September, so I did not think August would be an issue. Well, August rolled around and the payment was still taken out. I called the company to request a refund for the last payment and was told that because it was "my fault" they could not provide a refund. So now I've lost over $1300 on a home that I won't even own at the time the payment should have been due. I asked to speak with a manager and was sent back through the original routing system. So frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I just received notice that my current mortgage provider has transferred my loan over to CENLAR effective August 16, 2018. After reading all the negative reviews about this company, what kind of recourse can be taken? I don’t want to go through all the nightmares these reviewers have gone through. I’m not waiting until it’s too late and my credit gets ruined because of a poorly managed company such as this one. What can be done?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Every month when I try to login to make my house payment, it always says I don't have access to login. I reset my password, it takes, then when I try to login it still doesn't work. I'm so beyond sick of this website. I tried to sign up for auto-pay, my legal name on the mortgage is Cynthia and the name on my bank account is Cindy so they won't allow me to auto pay. Ridiculous. Who gives a rats ** what the name on the account is as long as they're getting paid? Total stupidity. They suck.

Original review: July 21, 2018

June 25, 2018 I received my insurance claim funds check, due to flood. I was required to get a second signature from my mortgage company, they had me sign the check for $30,888.30 and over-nighted/FEDEX to Cenlar, and assured me I would receive a check for that amount in my name within... Well, I haven't received a check and I checked with insurance if I could request those funds $30,888.30 to pay off mortgage, they approved transaction. On 07/05/2018 I requested mortgage payoff using my insurance funds $30,888.30. To date 07/21/2018 all I have received is lies and Cenlar deposited my $30,888.34 in a restricted escrow account on 06/01/2018. I was requested 8,175.34 which I did on 07/06/2018 to principal. So I have called 6-8 different people at Cenlar, got 6-8 different stories (lies) which none have transpired nor has my mortgage been paid off or funds returned to me. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Original review: July 6, 2018

Customer service, this place has none. Professional, reliable, legitimate, not even! First they don't want to talk to you. Next, they don't want to tell the truth. Lastly the don't live up to escrow responsibilities. They let my Home Owners Insurance (required by VA) lapse in spite of several requests made by the insurance company for payment and made no attempt to notify me. When I finally got hold of someone, Paul **, he fed me one lie after another, nothing he has told is true. I went out and purchased another policy and paid for the year in full. Gave Paul the information and declaration. He said he would review and adjust my mortgage payment accordingly. Within a month I receive a statement showing that monies for HOI are still being pulled into escrow. Call and leave 4 unreturned voicemails for Paul. Customer service reps are even worse, they think that the question "Is your phone number cell,work, or home?" is a security question (it is unverifiable).

Finally, after calling the person that originated the loan, Carlos **, did Paul call me back. In the many calls I had to make, I found out that in addition to continuing to bill me for my prepaid HOI, they (CENLAR) actually paid the insurance a second time, in full, $667.00. They refused to pay the first company $179.00 to maintain insurance on the house and paid $667.00 without any demand from the insurance company or authorization from me. Isn't the purpose of escrow to insure that payments, legitimate payments, are made in a timely and accurate fashion? How is this legal? DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company!

Original review: July 2, 2018

First I will start by saying during hurricane Harvey they did not ending up doing with they told us on the phone when we called after the hurricane. My escrow account has been screwed up ever since, they have not credited payment after I called in and got confirmation numbers that confirms that I made my monthly payment. I therefore have to call again and then find out the why's my payment did not post, oh they are not sure but will take another one. I cannot get anyone on the phone to get my escrow account straight, I switched insurance and send them the paid receipt, binder and so did my agent! Plus I called them, the day I bound and faxed in the information and the following day to have a conversation with them about NOT paying for it as the balance is ZERO! My agent sent me what they send which was a receipt showing paid in full... They are saying my agent sent in a bill due requesting the check be overnighted.

I am in process of gathering all the hard information. I am sick of the run around for the last 7 months! I have now been on hold for over 2 hours, the first hour and few minutes they hung me up! I have all my documentation which is why I only call from my cell phone everything is timed, stamped and dated. Plus I have about 4 pages of a spiral notebook full of notes, times, who, and what I was told or what the action was... The customer service agents don't know anything, they push you off onto the next person. I have had several times they ask if they can put me on hold for a few and then they drop me back into the queue.

Now please understand, I am direct, I am not warm and fuzzy! I am also firm, which they do not like, however this is my money, my home they are playing with! They do not take it seriously whatsoever! My next stop is the CFPB... I am sick of all of this and for me it is even more frustrating as I have been a mortgage originator for almost 25 years. My payment is going up and up for all of their mistakes... I am not sitting around to wait to see if the system straightens it out, while I am paying a higher note. They made the mistake they need to correct it and take responsibility...

Original review: June 27, 2018

Home flooded in Harvey. Cenlar used every reason not to give me my flood insurance money. I had flood insurance and it paid me over 60,000 dollars to fix the house. Cenlar kept the funds and I had to use my own money to fix it then they gave me the money after it was complete. They also used every excuse to collect money from me. They raised my payment 100 a month for flood insurance when I paid it out of pocket. When I notified them about it and showed them they never paid out of my escrow. They said I would have to submit a receipt. Which I did but it wasn't good enough. Sold the house and it is taking over a month to get escrow refunded. Worst mortgage company ever dealt with. Warning. Stay away.

Original review: June 25, 2018

When I refinanced I was told that my escrow would be necessary for one year -- I only had 25 percent and they wanted 30 percent. In June 2017 I faxed them (as instructions said) to end escrow only to be informed I was .5% short of 30 and that I needed 24 months of payment, not 12 -- which is not what Wyndham told me and that I had to go until June 2018.

June 4th 2018 I applied to get my escrow back -- and they told me 1) no, I hadn't had enough payments - which I proved them wrong and then 2) said I had to wait until the end of July -- which I showed them their letter to me stating June 2018. They pay homeowners wrong, they paid taxes wrong date -- they are horrible!! ASK WHO IS THE loan administrator before taking out a loan -- if it is CENLAR - do not take the mortgage!! Oh - and they do not respond to faxes, emails or telephone calls. IF I can get a real person - they route me right back to the main menu!! They do not answer questions!!! Terrible, Terrible customer service.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Our loan was sold to this company in January, 2018. We were not immediately notified, when we were, it was via email. I couldn't sign into the link provided, I had less than a week to pay our mortgage. Long story short, after 11 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) I was able to finally get a proper link to proceed monthly. The customer service (except for Debby **) was horrible. The employees are rude and indifferent. But, I was relieved that we were set up, ready to go. Fast forward to today...I received an email this morning telling me my loan was sold again. They asked that I send my login to the "new" account. All I need is my SSN. I thought this was weird so I called them directly. I was told that my loan was sold and given a new loan #. Great! Except that it is the same loan # as my current loan.

Well, this can't be true, I was told. Then I was told, they have not emailed me for a long time, they did not send this email. However, maybe they did. Carlos said that maybe their records were not updated yet. He said it could be risky to enter data on this link. I asked him if he was going to report the possible fraud...not his department! He couldn't have cared less. He did say if I was concerned, I can call in my payment for a $5.00 fee. "Why would I pay $60.00 annually when the issue is yours," I asked him. Overall, this company has no idea what the heck is going on! I wish they would transfer my loan, immediately. Dealing with this company is a nightmare. So many people have filed bitter complaints. How are they still in business? A must to avoid!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I registered a month ago. This month when I tried to log in, I could not get in. I got an error message: "Have you re-registered your account yet? If this is your first time logging into our new website, you must re-register your account by clicking the “Register Now” button. If you have already re-registered your account and need assistance with your login credentials, please use the forgot password/username links below. If you have been locked out of your account, please click on the forgot password link and follow the instructions to reset your password. This will unlock your account."

I went through all the steps and still could not get in. So there is an option for an online chat. So I clicked that. I had to fill out a form to get to someone who answered the online chat. However, once I had reached that person, before she could help she required almost all the same information I had filled out to reach an online chat person.

Went through all the steps above once again and still could not get into my account. This was the final response from the online chat person: "I would recommend you to call in to speak with a live agent." It is user unfriendly and when a troubleshooter cannot solve problems says something about the bank. Deserves less than one star. I had someone I chatted with. I had to give information all over again. Cenlar is the most user unfriendly site I have experienced in a long time. Online chat finally.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Foreclosure - We just called Cenlar concerning a letter they sent to us. The mortgage is in my husband's name but he has given them permission, to keep on record, to speak with me. Their letter claims that they want to help us keep our home and can provide several options. However, we just called them, and the idiot disconnected the call because we wanted to speak with him on speaker phone. He claimed that Cenlar does not allow speakerphone calls. He didn't give us the option to take off the speaker but abruptly hung up. We have informed them in previous conversations that we were recording the conversation and they also abruptly hung up. This has to be one of the worst mortgage service companies. We do not believe that they want to help but rather are forced to give options by the government or banking oversight. We would be very interested in joining a class action suit against this horrible company.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I own a condo that Cenlar is holding the mortgage on, and ever since, they have continuously sent me letters stating that we have inadequate flood insurance. My insurance company calls them every time to explain we have the maximum allowed, and they say EVERY YEAR that they're going to correct the "coding in the system", yet it never happens. Just received another letter after being told that it won't happen again (on May 5th of this year). They are the most incompetent company I have ever come across. Is there legal recourse available?

Original review: June 1, 2018

You can call 10 times in one day and you will receive 10 different answers for the same question. Cenlar needs a better trainee program where all of their employees are on the same page with what they say. Thanks to the misinformation they provided me, I was forced to sign a loan modification that is only beneficial for them.

Now I have to pay my first payment of the modification and nobody knows what I am talking about, after sending all the notarized documents they required, no one knows how much I have to pay. What we agreed on the modification paperwork that was signed and notarized is not what they have on their system and now they are saying that there was a change on the modification... I am supposed to pay less now, but instead they are charging me more than I used to pay before the modification. Makes NO SENSE AT ALL! On top of that it doesn't matter that your conversations are recorded. I have asked several times for them to hear and the recordings so they can prove that what I am saying is true and they won't do it.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Cenlar is an extremely incompetent company. Their customer service is disappointing. I have called at least 12-15 times since February 2018 about an issue with my escrow account and it still has not be resolved. There was an overpayment to my taxes of $807.19 for 2017. My school taxes sent the overage payment back to me. My county taxes sent the check to Cenlar. I requested from Cenlar, multiple times that the overage be sent to me. Then today I learned that they put $391.12 of the overage back into my escrow. I wanted overage money sent to me, not delegate as they wish.

They have my estimated escrow extremely high, so I ask for the escrow account to be reanalyzed. I was told it has been done and my escrow for taxes were correct. I contact my county and school taxes and they said the estimated taxes that Cenlar have are not correct. First, they did not send me my money for the overage of escrow. Second, they refuse to use the correct estimated taxes from my county and school taxes. I even sent them proof of the correct estimated taxes. Third, The employees that I have spoken to on the phone have been rude, condescending and will not listen to the issue at hand.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I received a delinquent tax notice in February from my local school district. Immediately I called Cenlar for assistance. After 10 calls and emails spanning from February to April, I was told to disregard the delinquent notice, and that no taxes were owed. In reality, I was delinquent with the county and school district, due to an error that the county made two years ago.

At this point I involved a tax consultant and had to pay both tax authorities on my own, including accrued interest, which was almost $5,000. I wrote a formal complaint to Cenlar, asking them to reimburse me for the accrued interest, and they told me that it wasn’t their fault. This was an error by the county and ultimately I’m responsible for the payments because these bills were “supplemental” due to the error, and that’s not part of their contract. How was I supposed to know that? And if they would have told me that when I called in February, I would have paid at that time and not owed the accrued interest.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information