Cenlar Central Loan Administration

cenlar.com

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last year I refinanced my house with Embrace Home Loans with an FHA mortgage. During the refinance, I asked for an escrow to contain my homeowners insurance through Allstate and my property taxes. In almost 18 years of owning my home, I have never gone without an escrow that contained both property taxes and insurance.

Shortly after the refinance took place, Cenlar Mortgage Company bought my mortgage. On February 9th, I got a letter from Allstate insurance stating that my homeowner's insurance was about to expire and they hadn't gotten payment. I immediately called Cenlar and was told that there were no funds in my escrow for homeowners insurance. I asked the gentleman on the phone to check again. He put me on hold and said that indeed there was money and for Allstate to fax a declaration page and the bill. They would overnight a check to Allstate for the correct amount. I immediately called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** and she said she would send that fax immediately.

On Tuesday, February 21st I received a letter from Cenlar stating that I no longer had homeowners insurance and to avoid forced insurance I should consider getting my own. I called Allstate and spoke to Lori ** again. She stated that on February 9th she faxed the information to Cenlar and never got payment. She immediately called Cenlar on my behalf and we had a 3-way conference call. We spoke to a customer service representative that couldn't understand why Cenlar never sent a check because it showed that money was in my escrow.

After an hour and a half on the phone, we got no answers. We asked to speak to a supervisor and she denied us that. She said there were no supervisors on to speak to us. She told Lori from Allstate to refax the declaration page and bill. Cenlar would overnight a check to them. In the meantime, I had no insurance coverage on my house. Lori faxed the information again to Cenlar and followed up with a multiple phone calls the next day.

On Wednesday, February 22nd, Lori from Allstate called me and said she had Cenlar on the phone. Again we had another 3-way conversation about my homeowners insurance. This customer service representative said the request for paying my bill was denied. She stated that I did not have money in my account for my homeowners insurance. At this point I became irate. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that we would be the 8th person in line. We were unsuccessful with getting a reason as to why this was happening. She told me to fax a letter to Cenlar stating I wanted my mortgage readjusted to include homeowners insurance in the future. I was so upset because it should have been done all along.

I faxed a letter the next day stating I wanted my mortgage to continue to have money set aside for my homeowners insurance. I also explained the pain and aggravation that this has caused me and wanted compensation. I ended up ultimately putting the $690.00 homeowners insurance bill on my credit card because I was in jeopardy of losing the insurance plan that I have had for over 10 years. Allstate no longer carries the insurance that I purchased years ago which is considered a deluxe plan.

I am a single parent and do NOT have extra money like this budgeted. This has caused more hardship on me and my family. I spoke with Dawn ** from Embrace Mortgage Loans on Tuesday, March 13th because they were the ones that wrote my mortgage to begin with. She stated that by law with an FHA loan, the homeowners insurance money must be in escrow. Therefore if Cenlar hasn't put money aside, they should be responsible. I sent an email to Cenlar about this on Wednesday, March 14th and was told I would get a response within 24 hours. I have heard nothing from them regarding this matter.

The lack of professionalism with this company is disgusting. I have never had such a difficult time getting a straight answer from anyone. They do not try to help or resolve an issue. When I googled this company to get an email address, I found headings in the search engine that stated 310 top complaints of Cenlar. I read some of the complaints and felt that I was living the same lives as these poor people. Something needs to be done with this company. If I had a way out from this mortgage I would run. Unfortunately, I am stuck as I am in no financial state to refinance at this time. Thank you for your time in this matter. I hope my letter finds these concerns worth investigating.

I refinanced and got a new mortgage with Cenlar in the Fall of 2016. In March, 2017 Cenlar started harassing me for non-payment. I had set up automatic deposits via my bank when the loan was originated. I have documentation that proves every payment was sent - a total of 8. Cenlar says they did not receive payments for January and February 2017, although my bank provided transaction details, transmission verification numbers, and a line-item summary of my account showing the withdrawals. They did acknowledge payments in the Fall of 2016 and in March 2017 but not for Jan 2017 and Feb 2017 - although ALL payments (both acknowledged and not-acknowledged were sent exactly the same way via automated bill-pay with my bank).

It has been EXTREMELY difficult to communicate with CENLAR. I am highly suspicious that they are mis-managed, that their systems are broken, and their customer support staff is poorly paid since they are of no value in problem resolution. When I faxed the transaction details to them, I asked for verification that they received the information - no response. BEWARE!

My old mortgage company sold my mortgage to these guys "Cenlar". I sent my first mortgage with them to the correct address however by mistake through my bank's ebill I put my old mortgage account number. I would imagine they could have found the info our being the ebill would have my name on it. Anyways to make a long 2 month ordeal short... I called practically every day because supposedly they sent my payment back to my bank Feb 24. All I wanted to get was the tracking number to give to my bank so my bank could "track" this check they "sent". My bank just received it this morning... March 15. Oh ya and then because "Feb payment never arrived" in their eyes which it did but with the account number on it "correct address though" they used my March payment for Feb! People will also say they are the supervisors and come to find out they aren't! BEWARE!!!

Sadly, my original mortgage company sold my mortgage to Cenlar. They are inconvenient and a pain to deal with. Initially, they falsely stated that I bounced a mortgage check (that was submitted to my previous loan company and had cleared without issue). I spent over 4 hours total on hold arguing over an idiotic 10 dollar charge. They also automatically generate letters that make no sense. For example, I don't have an escrow account, but they just sent me a letter claiming that they received a premium notice for my property.

When I called them (after having to wait 6 minutes before I could access a person, having to listen to an automated tape tell me random stuff about my account), they said that the letter was a reminder that my homeowner's policy is due in May. They just keep sending dumb stuff that I have to waste time on hold arguing about. I pointed out that their letter wasn't reminding me about homeowner's insurance, it was about escrow insurance. I just didn't have to waste so much time dealing with stupid crap with my previous lender. I would recommend you look for a better organized company with much better customer service.

To keep it short regarding Cenlar. Trying to get a loan modification is next to impossible. This is the 3rd time trying with this company for a modification. Had to hire Attorney to take point in this matter and still this company is making almost impossible to work us. Unprofessional employees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

I have had mortgage loans for the past 50 years and have never experienced anything like dealing with Cenlar and am amazed that some form of government/oversight agency has not looked into them. The number of complaints on this site amaze me that no action has been taken! They have serviced my loan for only the past 3 months. I have attempted to use their website to track my loan and make payments. Hands down, it is the most nonuser-friendy site I have ever attempted to use and their "help" service in nonexisting. Because of the lack of transparency--I question if something illegal is taking place!

Like other people, I have been screw by CENLAR. I purchase a property last year, the mortgage company sold the loan to CENLAR and since then have been a nightmare. Now they are trying to force me to have an escrow account for flood. I requested in writing to do my own escrow, never responded. During one of my call the rep. tell me it was mandated by FEMA. Call FEMA was not true.

On my last call spoke with one of the supervisor who tell me that the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability ACT of 2014 allow them to force me to have an escrow account. This is what it said in the ACT of 2014 "Requires federal lending regulators to direct each regulated lending institution or servicer of an outstanding loan to offer and make available to a borrower the option to have flood insurance premiums and fees, including any escrow of them, to be treated in a specified manner". WHAT CENLAR WANT IS TO HAVE ADDITIONAL MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT TO LEND. Poor customer service. NOT A CONSUMER ORIENTED COMPANY.

I have worked hard over the last few years to be able to buy my first house and Cenlar has ruined the whole experience. They claimed to have not received our first payment and have taken my second payment as first and keep calling about the 2nd payment. I have emailed and faxed bank statements several times now showing that both have already come out of my account. Stay clear of this company. I had no idea when I bought a home through Bay Equity that they would sell my loan to such an unorganized company. When you buy a home make sure they don't sell your loan to Cenlar. Cenlar has thousands of reviews with 99% of them saying they cannot keep track of anyone's payments.

I recently re-financed my home and the mortgage paperwork sold twice in a matter of months. I ended up with Cenlar. For the first few months all appeared normal, then I received a statement increasing my mortgage by 200.00 per month. Guess why the increase? ESCROW. WOW, I've never had this type of increase in the 15 year history of owning my home. I called customer service and after hearing them talk in circles and making no sense I got off the phone and looked Cenlar up on the internet. WOW!!! Everyone is having the same issue and nothing is being done by any governing oversight. I'm seeking a refinance again and pray I never get Cenlar again. Good luck to everyone who has this Mortgage Company.

I am a new home owner. I move in October 5/2016. I am a 70% disable veteran so my taxes are discounted. I was told on 1/31/2017 and check was mailed out. I look for about 10 days. I called back several times. Was told to check the mail. I called on every day after on 2/14/2017. Was told check was put on 2/7/2017 due to issue about they did not know my taxes amount. On 2/15/2017 I was told they would express the check. I called 2/21/2017. The earliest I could my check would be March 1, 2017. No return calls or return emails. It is against the law to hold someone money. My loan was with imortgage. They sold after month to Cenlar which sucks in customer services.

My loan was paid off on January 16, 2017. It is now February 21, 2017. My loan is still not showing paid off, I have called five times, I have been sent letters asking for my February payment and for insurance which I cancelled when the house was paid off. I was given an email address to write them to state I wanted the money I sent them to pay off my house and the email address is no good. This is a horrible company to work with. The employees don't seem to know what they are doing.

My mortgage was sold to Cenlar. My first payment went through fine, but two payments after that have both been "lost" due to account number changes. I've been calling them for nearly a month to resolve this. To be fair, I get through quickly to their customer service dept, and the reps are as helpful as they can be, but whoever investigates and deals with the actual problems doesn't have a clue. They twice closed my case without any resolution, reported me to the credit bureau despite this being their mistake, and are taking forever to solve a very simple issue. Avoid them if you can!

My loan was sold to CENLAR, and if I could fire them as my loan servicing company, I would certainly do so. There should be an option for zero stars. When my loan was transferred CENLAR my first problem was that they incorrectly listed the name of my homeowners insurance company. When I contacted customer service for them to correct the simple error, the first rep told me to call the incorrect company to have them send a letter to cancel that policy. What? I never had a policy with them! The second rep told me they didn't have my insurance binder in their files, which was a complete lie, and she instructed me to resend the binder via e-mail. I was told it could take up to 10 days to process my request. What? Absolutely ludicrous, and they didn't even record receiving the docs for 11 days.

My second issue is still ongoing, and that was the notice they would be increasing my escrow payments to cover my homeowners insurance. My current policy renews the 3rd week of April, and I called to dispute that issue. I provided both verbal and written declaration by request that I would continue to pay my own homeowners insurance and that I did not authorize an increase in my payment. I was told it could take up to 10 days to process my request, which should have not been an issue given payment should have not been made for another 45+ days anyway.

I received a statement with the increased payment on it, so I contacted a rep again. The rep interrupted me numerous times, put me on hold for several minutes, then told me they would adjust my payment according to my new insurance. What? I kindly restated why I was contacting them again, at which time she told me they made a payment to my insurance company from my escrow 2/15. That is more than 60 days early, I did not authorize an early payment, and I requested a supervisor. I was told they would call me back that day, and I never received that call. The problem is unresolved and I must resort to calling the horrible customer service department again.

CENLAR is by far the worst financial institution I have ever had business with. The customer service is abysmal and they do not value you as a customer at all. I have been met with rude, aggressive, and sarcastic comments each time I contact them. My family and I recently survived a tornado that caused a lot of damage to my home. The insurance company promptly issued a check for repairs, but because I have mortgage they have to issue the check with CENLAR's name on it as well. After almost a month and a half I still have several holes in my roof and wall, damaged continuing to occur to my home from missing siding, and no heat or A/C for my family all because CENLAR refuses to endorse the insurance check and send it back to me so I can pay a contractor for my home repairs. Stay away from this abhorrent company whose moral and ethical viewpoints serve only to break the consumer and causes emotional stress and turmoil!

My loan with IndyMac was sold a few times after the company went bankrupt. After 3 mortgage companies I ended up with Cenlar. I had problems with them from the onset, but the most recent problem was horrendous. It all started in late November when I was refinancing my loan to get a lower rate and also to get out from under Cenlar. This is what happened:

I called Cenlar to get the most recent statement for my loan to submit to the mortgage company that would be extending the new loan. When I received the copy of the statement I noticed there were late charges for late payments. I called Cenlar back and let me just say now, that trying to get a live person who knows what they're doing is next to impossible. When I was finally able to get to representative I was told that I was 2 months late making my payments. I told them that did not make sense because I have the mortgage set up for auto pay on a specific date. I was put on hold again and after waiting for about 20 minutes I was told that the record showed that I was delinquent 30 days and 60 days.

I told them I would contact my bank to find out what cause the late payments. The bank notified me that the payments in question did get processed and were received by Cenlar, but they noticed that Cenlar had opted for electronic transfers as opposed to receiving checks in the mail. What I found out during this process was that they had posted 2 credit derogatory posts. These posts caused my credit rating to drop drastically and that in turn put me into a higher risk category with a higher loan interest. My mortgage consultant, handling my new loan asked if I wanted to go through the process of getting my credit report corrected and I gave her a definite "yes".

This was the beginning of the nightmare. I was calling every few days for 2 1/2 months, spending hours on the phone, explaining my reason for calling each time to every person I spoke, sometimes to multiple people in the same phone call. I was given apologies, excuses, accusations, the complete gamut of stalling techniques to not follow through with getting the issue resolved. At the very beginning of this nightmare, I provided Cenlar with bank statements showing the payments going out of my account, a letter from my bank stating the same facts as the bank statements, conference calls with Cenlar and my bank to discuss the problem.

My bank had stated early in the process that Cenlar had returned a payment because they could not find the account, which caused the next payment to go into limbo as well for the same reason. During one of my many calls to Cenlar I told the representative that Cenlar had caused the problem. I had done my due diligence to insure that my monthly payments were sent. Many calls were made to supervisors, who most of the time were not available. I would ask for direct contact numbers and was told repeatedly that they did not have direct lines. The only assurance to talking to the same supervisor was their name and badge number. I later found out they "DO" have direct contact numbers which means they did not want to help with the issue.

Once they agreed to look into the late charges and posts to my credit report it took several more calls to get them to follow through with providing a letter to submit to the credit bureaus. I continued to make calls to find out where they were in the process and each time it was as if I presenting this for the first time. Finally in mid February I finally made a connection with Jacqueline and she contacted the department that would handle the dispute and after about a week and a half I received a letter from Cenlar acknowledging that derogatory remarks were made in error and that they would submit a correction to the credit bureaus.

As of February 15th I had to start the loan process over and I am now having to resubmit documents needed to obtain the loan and this huge delay caused my loan interest to go up from where it originally started. Needless to say I would never do any business with this company and will dissuade anyone I know from doing business with them. I am surprised that they are still in business because of all the complaints filed against them. I have read many of the comments made previously and I agree with every one the comments. This has been an ordeal I would not wish on anyone. I know this sounds outlandish but I have told the truth and have actually lessened the critique due to lack of time I could dedicate to this comment.

In my HUD I am to pay my insurance and taxes in escrow. Cenlar paid for my water bill without my consent and added the bill to my escrow account! This increased my mortgage payment by about $200! The problem is that I paid my water bill on time and it was never delinquent. Cenlar made it their business to pay the bill again and charge me for something that was paid! They said there is a clause that allows them to add bills into my escrow as they please! No one in that company even bothered to check if the status of that bill was delinquent or not. They said they would fix it a week and a half ago. Now they are telling me I have to write a letter. I am now shopping for another mortgage holder! If I could I would give them a negative 5 stars!!!

In early January 2016 I purchased a cabin and the loan was sold to Cenlar. At the close of 2016 an escrow analysis was completed and I was overpaid by more than $4600.00. I requested that the funds be sent to me and on January 12, 2017 I was able to view my account online and saw the check in the correct amount. I then called back and asked how long would it be until the check would be put in the mail? First I was told 7-10 days, then I was told an additional 3 days for them to review the account.

I have since that time spoken with 2 supervisors who both have not been truthful and realize it's February 11, 2017 and I have no check after being told on Thursday and Friday by supervisor Cortney # ** that it was overnight-ed... but she never sent me a tracking number... Gee I wonder why! Now it's still not here... At best they are untruthful and at worst they are just an unscrupulous business. I would also state my son who has a loan with them never received his 2015 escrow overage payment either. I will make one more try early next week but I believe it's time to contact the California Attorney Generals office regarding this specific business practice.

We fell behind on our payments back in September 16 and entered into a repayment agreement which I was verbally told would end January of 2017 and February would put us back on track with normal payment. We did our part and I just found out we are still behind a month because the rep that made out the agreement didn't account for January payment. This defeats the purpose of a repayment plan and now we are behind a payment. Cenlar only apologizes and asked if I want to get put on another repayment plan and pay their late fee plus 30 day delinquency on credit. They are HORRID!!!

My loan was recently bought by Cenlar and it is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with! Their customer service is horrendous and you get different information every time you call. Most importantly, they have not paid my property taxes to date. They received my loan in August. The previous loan company paid my August tax bill. Cenlar never paid November. I have contacted them several times about it. The first time they said they didn't understand why it wasn't paid but they would look into it. The second time, they asked me to fax a copy of the most recent tax bill along with the delinquency notice.

The third time, today, they told me that they were still reviewing my property information before they could make a payment. What does that even mean??? She then told me that they have a new process for handling delinquent tax payments, which only tells me that this happens quite frequently and told me to email them the tax bill and delinquency notice. They have an email address specifically for tax delinquencies!!! Well now February's payment is due as well. I would just like to know if there is any way to change loan servicing companies before my house is sold due to unpaid property taxes!

I would never recommend the company to anyone. They are very slow and lack of communication to one another and to the facilitator who has been contacting them to checking on the status of the loan. We have been waiting on a loan approval letter for over 2 months now. First they say we will have it on a certain day then the facilitator tells my realtor that the person is out or on vacation which is very unacceptable. It seem like every time she calls (Facilitator) she tells my realtor that they are out on vacation or they will say to her "we will get to it as soon as we can, we are under staff" some type of excuse. Instead of giving it to someone else or have someone else take it over so the loan can get finish.

I'm just not understanding this. Plus I feel if you don't have enough employee to handle this type of loan process you shouldn't be taking on a short sale/foreclosure loan. It seems like they don't want to sell the house when the house is in a short sale status. The bank has a better chance of getting close to what they are asking compared to it going into foreclosure and then they would get less. Who would figure that's not rocket science. PLEASE EXCUSE MY WORDING. I am just so frustrated and this is so unacceptable. I just don't understand. Everything has been submitted in a timely manner, the sellers have signed off on everything that was asked and required, and the buyers has also did them the same everything has been done that needs to be done. Appraisal etc. What is the hold up. They say one thing then they do another or they are not returning the calls. It's always something.

Wow I read these reviews and I realize that I am not crazy and the company is really trying to rip people off. I made payments to them with money orders that my account never got credit for. They don't send me my bill so I call. They say on the phone I can get my bill online but for some reason I can't log onto my account to get to my bill. And on and on. It's my belief the company is after your house and they are doing all they can to make you delinquent. Hopefully somebody someday goes after these guys.

I acquired this loan through my credit union and thought that I was actually getting a loan through my credit union. However, when I sat down to sign the papers, I noticed that Cenlar was at the top of them. At that moment, I should have gotten up and walked away, but I wanted my house very badly and everything else had gone really well. I was told that it would be easy for me to make bi-monthly payments. No, I was to make a payment every other Friday and some months I would be making three payments and I cannot afford that. I was lied to.

About a month ago, I got a bill for $3,229 and was told that my house payment was going up $200 because of escrow shortages. I freaked. That is a lot of money to come up with for bill that was sent to me due in two weeks. When I contacted my financial advisor, one I have 401k through, they put me in touch with a loan officer they work with. When I spoke with him, he said there is nothing in 20 years that he hasn't seen and can't handle. Two days later he called me back and he said in 20 years he'd never seen anything screwed up as badly as my escrow was. One, they haven't paid my city taxes since July of 2016. When I said I wasn't sent to bill by the city, he said, "no, they would send the bill to the company who's supposed to be paying them." He told me that the city had not been paid and then they took everything that I had in escrow and paid it in one big lump sum which shorted me for the bill for the other half of the year.

Then they turned around and billed me for the entire amount plus $200 a month to cover 2017 and part of 2018. I have a very good credit rating, so it was easy for me to get another loan, but the interest rate is higher than the one offered through Cenlar. In this process, I found out that because I'm a teacher my appraisal could have been free. Cenlar charged me $500. I found out that I did not have to pay PMI points because my credit rating is well over 800 and I put down enough money on the house, but Cenlar built PMI into my payment. On my new loan, the payments are actually less than the original payments Cenlar had set up for me, all of this with the higher annual percentage rate. I Googled Cenlar and find out that 90% of the complaints are about escrow. I'm thankful I have good credit or I would have been stuck with these idiots. As is I'll be saving $50 a month with a company with an A rating. Buyer beware.

I have been dealing with this company for the past year. All I can say is wow. Customer service is terrible, management is incompetent, and it seems like nobody is qualified to help you. They try to make it seem like you have a problem. It all started when my loan was sold. Suddenly my payment went from 800 to 1200. They claimed that my escrow and taxes went up and that's why there was a discrepancy in the payment. So I paid the full escrow off, but to my surprise there was no change in my payment. After 5 calls a day for months, and getting a lawyer involved, they finally decided to look into my account, and determined that I had been overpaying for the last 6 months. I am no longer with this company, thank God. But be warned, they are scamming people and I recommend getting out ASAP. Thankfully I was blessed to be financially able to fight, because I could have lost my home.

Called in to make an electronic payment. Put on hold for 20 minutes then told I had the wrong department (couldn't have told me that in the beginning?) then transferred to a rep that was rude, disrespectful and incompetent. I asked for her supervisor and she cut me off. I called back and asked for a supervisor right off. Put me on hold for 23 minutes then came back on and said she would transfer me. Transferred to a voicemail that wouldn't let me leave a message! Called back and have been on hold for 10 minutes so far.

Our home loan was sold to this company which required that we pay into an escrow account for our taxes and insurance. They failed to pay our insurance premium in full resulting in the insurance company threatening to cancel our policy. After attempting to get this resolved through Customer Service, we finally paid the balance ourselves in order to keep our insurance in good standing. We paid off the loan and have received a letter from Cenlar stating that our escrow balance would be returned according to law. However we haven't yet received a refund. After speaking with seven different customer service representatives and a supervisor, we have nothing but eight different explanations and six transferred calls back to the hold on the phone which disconnects after one hour of waiting.

I actually don't have a single complaint about this company. I had Cenlar for 2 years until my loan was sold to another servicing company. They have been more than helpful to me when my payment got lost in the mail. I had contacted customer service 3 times to see if they received it and they allowed me to pay my bill over the phone with no service charge. They have been prompt sending my tax check. I chose the option where they send you a check and you send back the receipt once it's been paid. And my tax information was also sent in a timely manner. I guess my loan wasn't complicated or anything but I never had anything but positive experiences with this company and customer service was very helpful and informative.

I have to tell everyone this company Cenlar is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life!! When you call to get something done they make you wait on hold at least 10 mins. Then their service reps shuffle you around because they really can't do anything... So you ask for a supervisor and they say they are transferring you... You hold on at least another 10-15 mins and then get dumped back into the pool waiting for a service rep again. You tell the rep you are waiting for a supervisor and they transfer you again, usually the same thing happens again. You get dumped back into the calls waiting to be answered by a service rep.

Finally I get a supervisor and told her my story about the refund payment I was waiting for, since it was an electronic payment she required me to get a hold of my bank and have them fax all the info I had just given her. I did this and she called me back 2 days later and said they had found the payment and the " pay service" would get the refund back to my bank. She said it would take about a week. It has now been 2.5 weeks and I have not seen my refund YET! I have called her 3 times and every time she doesn't answer the phone so I have to leave a message asking her to call me and explain where my payment is at. So far she has not returned my calls and I doubt that she will.

This is not my first rodeo with this company. I have had nothing BUT PROBLEMS for the last 4 years they have handled my mortgage/ insurance. They have mispaid my Escrow insurance 3 years running. Each time it's a matter of at least 6-10 telephone calls with me getting no results from Cenlar but from the insurance people instead. As as matter of fact my insurance company did not want to write the wind policy because of the mortgage company but were forced to in the end because it is "a wind fund offered through the state".

All we want to do is drop PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance, which is $210/month) from our mortgage and we do qualify at every level- even the Loan To Value ratio, though we need an official appraisal to prove this. We've done everything CENLAR asked. Now, they want another $575 (on top of an already cashed check for $475 and despite the appraisal being ordered in their system and showing as 'to be completed 2/5/17').

The PMI Department explanation? "Due to current market conditions, and after reaching out to numerous available appraisal offices, we have located an appraiser that is able to accept the order. However, the fee to proceed, due to the current market conditions, is $1,050.00..." It's point blank extortion. Market conditions in our area actually make appraisals cheaper because of a declining demand, and the max is about $500 - NOT $1,050, and there isn't anything special about our home requiring a more elaborate assessment.

CENLAR is a nightmare to deal with. I was told by someone named Arthur in Customer Service on my first call to CENLAR that the PMI people only had a fax to which I could send my questions about the additional $575, to which I responded, "I don't have a fax. No one uses faxes anymore," and then asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They transferred me to someone named **. She said - no kidding - that the PMI people didn't have phones. When I repeated the notion that the PMI Department didn't have phones back to her, I think she realized how ridiculous it sounded.

At that point, she really did (I think?) try to help. At a point in our conversation, she let the name of the person's name who is handling our PMI removal slip. ** did end up giving me the wrong extension to call her back if ** did not call me on my cell (he did not). Today, ** in Customer Service was kind enough to track ** down though, but I didn't get to speak to **. ** couldn't - ?!? - even put me through to ** voicemail and suggested that she might be busy at the moment. We thought about re-financing just to get away from CENLAR after reading all of the complaints against them, but I learned that our loan could end up right back in their less-than-desirable loan servicing hands. I have followed up numerous times, but still - not even a response back from the PMI department. Not a word...

My loan was originally with Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Cenlar acquired Kinecta Federal Credit Unions loans. Since I bought my home 4 yrs ago, I submitted bimonthly electronic payments on the 10th and 25th of each month. The 2 payments covered my mortgage due the upcoming month with extra money to be applied to my principal. After 4 yrs of this payment methodology, I receive a letter from Cenlar stating they do not accept partial payment. With that said, I immediately made the change to stop all electronic payments being issued to change it to monthly payments. I received a 2nd notice stating I am 2 months past due. I look at my bank account and saw all of my bimonthly payments cleared my bank. Cenlar shows record of receiving my payment but funny things began to happen: misapplication of payment, reversals back and forth, payments held in suspense then released.

Just my luck it occurred when I was refinancing my loan. Cenlar makes my perfect history of paying early look like I'm delinquent owner. Cenlar customer service is requesting I make a 2 month payment at once to catch myself up. To catch up? WTH. Cenlar still has my money in their bank. Cenlar reversed the application of my payment but did not credit my bank account. Credit score is affected and refinancing was a roller coaster of emotion. Customer service does not document calls well. Nor can they resolve the matter. Email didn't work bc I received an automated they are overloaded with emails and once they did respond... All they had to say was I am delinquent on my account.

Yes I am delinquent bc your accounting cannot get it together and you are holding my money hostage!!! If it's too difficult to calculate and apply two payments, please just return to me my electronic checks back so that I can reissue you a pretty payment. I'm not a millionaire. I can't just be poof and throw an additional $4k your way when you make a mistake. Accounting needs help. Customer service needs help. Cenlar needs to help. I need help dealing with resolving the matter. Documented all my phone calls. Pro Bono lawyers want my case?

I'm a US Veteran and I can't believe this people have done this. I moved from TX to FL and wanted to see if they could help me easing the payment play. They approved me for a repayment plan where I had to pay only $390.87 in December (half my mortgage), Dec was when I first enter this plan. The rest was going to be divided in half and added to my original amount for the month of January and February. It sounded good to me. WRONG!!! I just checked my credit score and went down 72 points because they reported me as being 30 days delinquent for the month of December... WHAT!!! I paid them $390.87 and had an agreement with them. Cenlar did not inform me that this was going to happen to my credit report. If they had, I would have not agreed to enter this plan.

I contacted them today to make my January payment of $964.69 (original mortgage amount + what was arranged). Called later to figure out WTF with the credit report, they told me "it's the law for us to report delinquent accounts"... "WHAT!!! I'm not delinquent, I made an arrangement with you!!! I was not inform of this practice"... "Well, as with any other debt if is delinquent it had to be reported". "Well, I know that, but I'm not delinquent with you, I made arrangements so I did not have to be delinquent!!!" Conversation was not going anywhere. Then, "well I will inform the manager..." "Oh so there is a manager I can speak to after you told me that you were the only person I can talk to?" They said that the only way to talk to them is if they put a request to call me. "Well, TELL HIM TO CALL ME!!!"

Then she said, "if they take out that negative report are you going to pay the $1,160.00 to bring your account on track?" "WHAT!!! Are you serious, I just paid you $964.69 according to the arrangement and because of your negligence I HAVE to pay that amount so I can stop my credit report to get any lower!!!" That's insane!!! This company is the worst!!! What happened to helping customers who are making an effort to keep their homes and their credit reports in good standing?!? I did what I thought was right and because of the information they kept from me now my report is in the toilet and I'm dealing with trying to find over $1K so my report doesn't get lower. PLEASE DON'T GET A REPAYMENT PLAN FOR THIS COMPANY AND EVEN BETTER DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM AT ALL!!!

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Profile