cenlar.com

1.1/5 (722 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: April 14, 2022

As a first-time homeowner, military veteran. It is a nightmare to work with this company. They do not follow up with their customers when assistance is needed. My mortgage doubled due to the increase of property taxes in Texas. I am exempted in paying property taxes. Mar 25th I submitted my benefit letter from the VA, they needed additional document. Apr 7, I submitted a letter from my County Tax Assessor exempting me of my property taxes (apparently they do not honor that letter). They were looking for the Tax billing for this year's property taxes (which I received last week). I am now sending this email out today. Other vets had said the letter from the County Tax Assessor should have sufficed. But this company fails to honor it. On top of all this I'm the one who has to call in to get follow-ups on the status. Not one email, or call back. An automated email would populate stating to give them 10 days to review the document/s, but nothing after.

This company, I do not know how they continue on with their business. They are a disgrace to our military who can not have a peace of mind because this company do not honor various letters exempting them from paying property taxes, land that they deserve and fought for. Lesson learned: When choosing a lender, READ REVIEWS. I should of known prior to accepting Cenlar as my mortgage lender.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Previously when they paid my property taxes to the incorrect Block and Lot number. It took months to resolve. Today I got on their chat system. Their tax options didn't have the menu items I wanted, so I guessed I could talk to a human. After one question this human ended the chat, without asking if I have a follow-up question. I had them. My last message was: "But I wasn't done yet..." I have had better experiences with Comcast.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2022

It's totally exhausting. It took them 6 months to pay the due taxes to county, I used to call them once a week to remind. They finally transferred my loan to another company. They also don't respond on time.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Citibank sold my loan to Cenlar, and since I was able to log into their platform ONCE!!! And then for no reason I can never log in again after a million password rest. Opening a support case goes directly into the trash.!!! I will never do business with them again! Got a refi and moved away from their platform and useless support. I will also be moving away from Citibank for selling my loan to them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

In an attempt to come out of Special Forbearance during COVID, I submitted all of my paperwork l, as requested. While filling out the paperwork, I called in to ensure I was documenting everything properly. The representative at the time helped answer my questions. After submitting the paperwork via mail, as well as email, I waited to hear back. One month later I get a letter stating I was denied further assistance due to insufficient income. I immediate called in to Cenlar Customer Service to ask why denied, as I had very sufficient income now. The rep at this time told me that incorrectly filled out the income section, and to not worry, as she could update and re-submit a request to the underwriters. The rep at this time kindly input all the income information I provided her, and stated not to worry, the system advised her that I pre-qualify based on my updated income information.

Another Month later I call in to see if there are any updates. The rep at this time said the information I last submitted was still under review. She also asked me to update my income information to make sure all is correct. I provided this rep my information again. She also stated I had sufficient income to pre-qualify for Modification. Both of these reps advised me that Cenlar will be following up with me to advise of Re-Payment options for my Mortgage arrearages.

I called yesterday, 2 Months later from last call with them, since I did not hear back on anything. I was advised by the rep at this time that my case was closed 2 weeks ago. I was never called or sent any emails, or documents. No documents online either, providing any updates! I advised this rep that I spoke to 2 reps within 2-3 previous Months about this, and they advised me that my file was updated and re-submitted, and they advised me that I now pre-qualified for a Payment Plan.

This reps response: “well, the reps you spoke to do not know, as they are not qualified to determine this, they are just reps” What??? He also asked me why I did not keep calling to follow up every week these past couple of Months, and said “if it was my home I would be calling every week”! He begrudgingly stated he will submit an appeal and see what happens. Needless to say, I have escalated the poor Management and concern over to the Housing Authority. This service is just horrible, especially after they conveniently offered a Special Forbearance during a very rough period in time. Now I get no help from them!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

This is a horribly ran company with incompetent people who cannot do anything correctly. I have received letters stating my loan was in default when I have never made a late payment. They apologized and blamed it on a computer glitch. In December I switched my Homeowner's Insurance company. I received a letter from Central Loan Administration and Reporting (CENLAR) stating they received my new policy and paid the premium. I called them to verify my old insurance company was removed. They said they would make sure that it happened.

Skip ahead a month later, and I've called 4 more times. My old company still hasn't been removed. They paid the premium to my cancelled insurance company causing my escrow account to go in to the negative, and because they're so incompetent, they did an escrow analysis with 2 insurance companies on it and my taxes. They're now stating my mortgage payment is going up $65 a month because they cannot figure out how to do their job correctly. If I could get the same loan rate I got when I purchased my home, I would refinance my house just to get away from the crap I have had to deal with and am still dealing with. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau this evening hoping they can step in to get this problem resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I have proven over and over that because I already have insurance covering my first mortgage holder, that I don't need forced insurance on my equity line through Cenlar. They say every time that they are going to correct this, and send me a refund. And every time I receive my payment coupon, I am still getting charged. It is a blatant, fraudulent act. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We have been dealing with rebuild after tornado, this bank held our mortgage, they are a complete nightmare. They are disorganized, antiquated, just a complete mess. We wait months to get checks returned after insurance company submits to us almost instantly. If you call to expedite or complain, they will just hang up!, Next! NIGHTMARE experience with this bank.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I made through my bank two payments electronically, informed Cenlar transaction numbers and estimated date of delivery. After both payments were delivered and accepted by the Cenlar - my bank given to me proof of payment with tracing number showing delivery date as October 15, 2021. Cenlar workers explained to me that my account will get information about my payment on Monday, October 18, 2021 but the payment dates for both payments will be when the Cenlar RECEIVED my money as 3:37 pm ET on Friday, October 15, 2021. Cenlar operates by Arizona Pacific Time but I patiently waited till 9pm ET Monday, October 18, 2021 when finally my payments were posted on my account. Shockingly for me the date of payment shown as the Cenlar would of get my money only on Monday, October 18, 2021.

To correct it I was told to fax to fax numbers my proofs of payments from my bank stated that EFFECTIVE DATE for my payments is October 15, 2021. I found rules, regulations, laws stating that payment must be dated by the date Cenlar received my money - but 3 weeks later Cenlar workers continue abusing me, intimidating, yelling at me stating that billing department of Cenlar took my money to their pockets and used it without my knowledge and consent for 4 days and only late evening on Monday, October 18, 2021 they put my money in Cenlar pretending they just got it from my bank!!! I deserved date of payment October 15, 2021 when my money with the proof from my bank by the tracking and transaction numbers were taken by the Cenlar!

If the Cenlar workers permitted by the Cenlar Management taking customers money and use it for 4 days instead of placing to the Cenlar - then the Cenlar President or Executive Office which permits that financial crimes must borrow to the Cenlar workers' money from their own pockets, not from the customers' accounts. Posting my payments on October 18, 2021 instead of on October 15, 2021 because their "cutting" time claimed to be 2:00 pm (ET or PT?!) has nothing to do with putting false payment date instead of October 15, 2021 when my money Cenlar already got - October 18, 2021 when Cenlar already hold or used my money for 4 days! If the Rules, Regulations and the laws related to that issue needed to be provided - I will do it.

But I need my payments date to be corrected to the receiving date as October 15, 2021. It is fine to post my payments information on October 18, 2021 but it is fraud to show that my payments were received not on October 15, 2021 but on October 18, 2021 especially it is crucial to my account, my husband and mine health and financial exploitation of us - the elderly and disabled! Please, help us in this very difficult and survival time for our health and finances to get lawful and just date of payments we made. We can scan and sent or fax our proofs of payments at any time. Cenlar has them since October 18, 2021 stating - effective date October 15, 2021. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Waiting for a check that was to have been mailed two weeks ago. No help when I call. Poor methods of conducting business from my view. If I knew my bank would have sent my loan to CENLAR, I would have not made the loan.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information