1.15/5

Looking for a loan company?

cenlar.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

537 Cenlar Central Loan Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This company has one of the worst customer service departments I have ever spoken to. I never write reviews but I had to since they are that bad! The employees are rude and do not care to help solve any issues that arise. They ask for paperwork and after it's sent to them. They can never seem to find it and ask for it again. This has happened multiple times! I know I sent it and sometimes speak to certain employees who find it and then the next time I call the paperwork has disappeared again. Beyond frustrating! I would never recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This company is absolutely horrible! Stay away from this loan for mortgage as they are not helpful in anything they do. Autopayment set up is a nightmare and they send you in loops without getting proper help. STAY away from them.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This is company is just terrible - my bank I guess sold my loan to these crooks so there is nothing I can do about it but to anybody who has a choice stay away from these robbers!!! They are willfully negligent - they screwed up my loan nd then SENT ME NASTY, OFFENSIVE and THREATENING LETTERS and CHARGED ME LATE FEES for their mistake. Stay away from these unscrupulous gangsterite bums whatever you do!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This company has stolen $1189.51 my July mortgage payment and will not return it. They have shafted me since October. I was told an answer would take place today, December 19, 2018 and now they say another department is handling it. Also, they would not respond to my bank and also do not bank with BB&T because they will not restore the funds. Clearly the money left my account! So I’m now suing Cenlar doe emotional distress, time lost with calls and the total balance due on my home. They are hideous. I’m also contacting my builder to cease selling loans to Cenlar. I’m beyond angry.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

When making a payment, either the staff, or their computers choose where to put the payment. You'd think a portion goes to interest, a portion to principle, and a portion to escrow. Nope! When you find out more money is owed, it is because they put the money in the wrong place, and then they nicely move it to the right column. Not once, but every month. Today's payment took over 1/2 hour on the phone. And I am sure we overpaid (as they shoved last months payment to the wrong column again). This is a Citibank mortgage who sold the processing over to Cenlar. They ought to fire the boss of the person at Citibank who made this decision to transfer the servicing to Cenlar. Didn't they review ANY online reviews of Cenlar?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I closed on my home end of August with NBKC Bank. NBKC sold my loan to Cenlar. Cenlar is a circus of a company. I decided I wanted to escrow my taxes and home insurance one week after closing. They stated I could fax or mail the required/requested documents. I faxed and confirmed that the documents were received via phone multiple times and they stated that they needed 30 days to review the documents. I received letters stating they were missing documents. When I called to inquire what was going on, Cenlar employees stated they had everything they needed and to disregard the letters. Then in November, they stated all of a sudden they had nothing they needed. So I sent the documents via U.S. Certified Mail; it is showing as received. It is now December and they are stating they never received the documents. It seems like an act of God to do something so small like this.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am doing Living Trust & my attorney wanted to know if Cenlar has objections to transfer the title of the property to the Trust. Sometime in September I had faxed the request & again on October 22nd & again on Nov. 8th & again on Nov. 29th and again today Dec. 7th with no response from the company. Very disturbing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We were switched much to our dissatisfaction to Cenlar. We have an excellent credit score. I went to add an escrow payment to my automatic monthly payment at the end of October on their website. Big mistake. They took out my mortgage payment right away with the escrow and then did my regular automatic payment. It was stated right on the payment page that the escrow would come out with my automatic payment. Apparently, I misunderstood according to Cenlar and there was no way to return the extra payment according to “Andre”(not that names mean anything anymore).

By the way, I was told by the first representative I called while the payment was still pending at the bank, that I would receive a refund by check within 8-10 days. A lie. So I called back and they promised me and sent me a statement saying that the next payment would not be due until 1/1/19. On December 3, they took out the regular monthly payment. I am at my wit's end. I sent them an email asking to please resolve, promised an answer within 24 hours. Guess what? Yup, no answer. If anyone can advise, I would appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

First, I would like readers to know they can go to this site and file their complaints so this company is investigated for their practices. www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ Cenlar buys up loans, and then, we, the consumers get treated poorly because at that point why should they care. They have added their own insurance to my condo twice now, even after sending them HOA proof of insurance coverage. Even when they take this upon themselves, they do not send the coverage explanation, or insurance company name. Then when you call, their customer service does not follow through so it is on your free time to keep trying them on the phones. Worst mortgage I have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Please whatever you do try to avoid this company Cenlar. Without notice they took me off me paying my property taxes on my own to changing me double property taxes on each monthly bill. This started 11-months ago with no resolution in sight. I'm to the point now that I'll be having to sell my home of 19-years for what they are doing to me. I'm a disabled person 62-years old and they know it. I've been shuffled one person to the next, etc., etc. I didn't involve myself with this company. My mortgage broker sold the paper to Cenlar so here I am totally screwed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When I try to edit my name on my payment account, the website does not let me. Their "Name on account" field can't even handle my full name. Their SSO/SAML sucks. I have to open multiple tabs to open documents vs make a payment vs FAQ. When you're in a chat, it opens up the entire page and when you click on something it disconnects the chat. I mean, can you guys hire better designers? Now I can't even set up automatic payments EVEN though I CAN make a one time payment with the account what you're saying you can't set up with automatic payments.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Mortgage got sent to Cenlar for processing payments. Problems started immediately. I set up payment through my TD Bank bill pay service. They receive the payments, then say they never got it, then 6 weeks later they send the payment back to TD Bank. I had a 3-way call with TD and Cenlar's "Escalation Desk" and Cenlar had to admit they were getting the payments. They could not explain why the payments keep getting sent back.

When you call their customer service line you get the "Longer waits due to high call volume" no matter what day or time you call. If you opt for a call back you will never get a call. Their agents are friendly enough but they are poorly trained and cannot answer simple questions. 27 minutes on a call this week with their agent who just kept saying, "Wow I never saw this," before I was disconnected. Obviously they don't want a bad call review so they disconnect the call. Does anyone know a way to switch companies without a refi?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The most rude Reps and Managers I have ever dealt with in my life. Not only is the company incompetent in their communication but when you call them they are conditioned to say it's not the banks fault. They never once said the automatic payment would be instated and I know I did not give permission for them to use this method. So they took out 1 payment I made as a 1 time, then they tried the next day to take out the automatic payment and failed and hit my overdraft for $30 on me, then it was put back in my account even though the loan payment has already cleared. Then day 3 took out another loan payment. So I called and got not our fault and really freaking rude rep and Manager. Citibank, your name is attached to this, good luck with that. Wish I could give zero stars. I would also like to know where the interest is going on my payment and the other 144000 mortgages they did this to? IRS might also be interested.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Cenlar took over our home loan and from the beginning it's been Horrible. They took forever to set up our account. Then they lost 2 payments. The check never cleared and it was declared lost. The second payment was returned by the US POST master. We used self-addressed company payment envelopes to sent in our payments. I can't figure out why our payment was returned. I suspect that this company deliberately loses payments so they can collect fines. It's just unbelievable how this company can be in business. The web interface is horrible and customer service does not know what to do. The only positive statement I can make is that at least you can reach a person on the phone. I really can't figure out how regulators allow this company to stay in business. We got the bank records and returned envelope as proof. We never had issues with other mortgage companies before. I wish we could get a different mortgage company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have owned several homes over many years. I have always used my bank! I made biggest mistake of my entire 70 years! Instead of using my bank, I used Fairway Mortgage. They did not tell me they immediately sell loans and I ended up with CENLAR. Why are they allowed to be in business? See all reviews are terrible. Only one star! I am sure most would give them NO star if they could! You are in trouble if your loan is with CENLAR!! If you call them, you will be on hold for 1.5 hours and still no answer! No matter what day or hour you call!! They never respond to correspond either! In almost 2 years, no coupon book for payments! No loan statement for taxes! Then they accepted by October 2018 and sent me a check for that payment saying it was the wrong amount and a new payment amount to pay almost 1/3 more and no explanation as to why the increase! This is how they operate!

I called them today! Thank God! Their number recognized me and told me my loan had been transferred to Flagstar and a number to call. I called Flagstar! Customer Service agent answered on first ring!! Great! She explained issue and transferred me to a person who answered on first ring! She explained the issue.

She was appalled at CENLAR. No notice monthly payment going up and why. I needed to catch up on escrow! However, CENLAR should have given me the option to pay the $2000+ instead of auto adding it to monthly payments split over 12 months! You are in trouble if CENLAR is your mortgage company! The government should not allow them to do business and they immediately report this as late payment to the credit bureaus! Wish I knew how to submit a grievance BBB and government controlling then allow to operate! Good luck!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Been with Cenlar for 5 years. Cenlar does not even understand how to verify an address. I'm unable to speak with anyone AT ALL unless I can confirm my address. They have it incorrect, so I'm stuck. Nobody even has the Common Sense to change this problem. The most rude people I have ever dealt with and I will never take a loan with them Ever. I do NOT recommend them to anyone. Loyal customer/paid off 600,000 loan and still can't get service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I am 56 years old and have refinanced multiple times. Cenlar is evil. We received a notification our loan was transferred to Cenlar. Within days on a Saturday afternoon heading to a Christmas event, I received a call on my cell phone from a female asking for a check for my delinquent payment. I explained we had not received our first statement from Cenlar. I pressed her to tell me who she represented and she said she was not authorized to tell me but the check was to be sent to Cenlar. She actually asked me to turn around and drive home to get checkbook to pay by phone. Since then, our payment went up by $278 per month due to escrow miscalculation. Finally last night we received notification to submit W9 within 4 business days as they found a mismatch somewhere between my name and SSN. This is three years after abducting our lives and home loan. I will be filing a complaint with our state's attorney general!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My mortgage lending services have been sold/transferred to CENLAR, which is out of my control, my previous lending service provider was satisfactory. CENLAR has been a disaster to work with, either getting a human being involved in with, someone who has knowledge, and their software is flawed and outdated. Potential security risk! I am currently working on trying to get a different mortgage lender to manage my home mortgage, I'm unsure if this is in my control, but one thing I do know. I cannot trust CENLAR to handle my mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Cenlar bought my loan from my previous lien holder who I was very happy with. At first it was business as usual. But then it came time to renew my personal insurance on my house. I did so just like I do every year, and my insurance agent sent proof to Cenlar showing that I had coverage and what I paid them. Cenlar somehow processed it as a bill and paid my insurance company from my escrow. My insurance agent caught it months later and explained the mistake to me. I called Cenlar, they acknowledged this and requested that I send over proof that I had insurance during the time they were charging me for it.

I had the documents sent multiple times and Cenlar never changed my monthly mortgage back to what it was before the escrow shortage or refunded me the money they took from me over the course of this. They sold my loan (with a shortage in my escrow account that they caused) to another bank and the customer service number simply redirects me to my new lien holder with no option to speak to their representative. The service I have received from them hasn’t only been sub-par but negligent. Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Live in a Condo Cenlar bought my mortgage. Initially paid supplemental HO6 insurance myself, then they took it over. All good till November 2018. At this time they say that insurance is canceled. Asked for proof from them as the notification I received was for non-renewal as of March 2019. They blatantly refused and said that I had to prove non-renewal to them. Furthermore that I was uninsured and were going to charge their special gotcha insurance.

Asked where was the refund money since they paid the premium from my escrow account? Also they said our conversation may be recorded. When asked if could record conversation with them the supervisor stated she would be hanging up as that was unacceptable. Double standards are not acceptable. They bought my mortgage I had no say. The expletives I have for Cenlar employees would last till the end of my life. Cenlar customer service is arrogant/bellicose/obnoxious, demanding children. ZERO STARS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have two loans with Cenlar and have been locked out of the online account for over a month. It was user error that created the situation, my fault, but it shouldn't be so hard to regain access. I've reached out to their customer service dept. many times for assistance and always wind up in this ridiculous circular conversation, both over email and phone, which goes something like this: "I'm locked out of the account due to too many failed attempts, I've waited an hour for the system to reset itself so I can request the username and/or password reset, but the system seems to be completely locked and I get the same message no matter how long I wait." Their response is to wait 60 minutes and contact them again for their help.

After, re-explaining the situation the rep. will tell me he or she is calling/emailing the online access dept and I'll hear from them (they refuse to provide me with contact info for this department). Of course, this hasn't happened after two promises. Just finished with another request and will cross my fingers. I've never had so much trouble with an online account and experienced such indifference and lack of followthrough from any business. I feel bad for those of you whose payments have been lost or otherwise misallocated - as my problem is minor compared to lost money or problems which affect borrowers credit reports. My understanding is they are just the loan processor and don't actually hold the loan, therefore their client is the lender and we, the borrowers, just don't matter to them. If I don't get this resolved soon, the next step will be to start sending letters to both their executives and whoever owns my loan, if they don't.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am trying to get my interest down with this company for about 4 years now [7%]. They answer me all the time to find other mortgage company. I am pay my apartment for 12 years. In 12 years only have paid 20.000 to the principal. They don't want to help. Who going to give you a new mortgage on a house that only working half of what you pay for. They are the worst Mortgage company you can get...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Cenlar was supposedly a sub company of my mortgage company Home Point. Home Point retook over my loan in Aug. Supposedly I was notified (I was not). The account number stayed the same but the address where to send the check changed I am being told. Well not knowing of the change I paid Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov payments. Cenlar forwarded Aug and Sep payments to Home Point. October's payment Cenlar processed (yet when I call the automated system states last payment received was in Jul). November's payment was refunded to my banking account. No one knows where Oct payment went.

Cenlar does not have a number that you can call to actually talk to anyone, and when I do call the automated systems says "your account is closed, goodbye". Home Point can't even get a person on the line thus far. So basically it appears that someone from Cenlar processed my payment and pocketed it! I am praying that this is all just a misunderstanding but when I was on the phone with Home Point one of the reps told me that they are dealing with a lot of these complaints so it appears that Cenlar was fraudulent and took many individuals to the bank... Literally.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My loan was sold to Cenlar a some years ago. I have not been happy with their customer service. In fact, it has been terrible. I recently emailed them asking if I could pay my own hazard insurance, flood insurance, and property taxes myself because each year I get notices that my coverages have been canceled because of nonpayment from Cenlar (which was the program I never wanted when my portfolio was sold to Cenlar). After asking if I could pay the bills myself, they said they would email me the answer within 15 days. Well, they didn't get back to me within that time frame, so I had to write to them again. This company has no good customer service!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Have had several issues with Cenlar, including property taxes simply NOT getting paid to my county. This time, duplicate payment was made in error (former Bill Pay I thought was deleted on my bank's end wound up going through), in addition to my auto-pay through Cenlar. Two robot-esque reps told me a refund was not available since it was "my fault, not theirs". After demanding a Manager, I was transferred to Elliott, an Escalation Specialist, who told me that since we caught it immediately, he could pursue a refund; this was on 10/2. He explained this would be check-free, as opposed to them mailing a check. Sounds good, as I'd like to be refunded ASAP. (Simultaneously, I pursued a claim with my Bill Pay bank, but that's a nightmare for a Wells Fargo review!) He wouldn't give me his phone number, but did send me his email address if I needed to follow up.

On 10/8 I emailed to follow up on my refund status, and he promptly replied, stating the refund was processed on 10/5, but after 2 pm, and since 10/8 was a bank holiday, I would receive the money in my bank account on 10/9. That date comes and goes, and still no refund. I call Cenlar this morning, and after 3 robot-esque Reps and 30 minutes, I learn that 'check-free' actually refers to Check-Free, a 3rd party vendor who processes their refunds, and THEY could take up to 21 days. So I ask for the Check-Free contact info and reference information to follow up with them. "Oh, we don't have that. Check with your bank. Maybe they know."

Of course my bank doesn't know who Check-Free is, and cannot provide any contact info. And, no surprise, Elliott the Escalation Specialist is now ignoring my emails. So now my money is being held hostage by a company that no one claims to know anything about. I wonder if I'll EVER get my refund... $1600 down the drain. BUYER BEWARE! Do not do business with this company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I changed my homeowner's insurance to get a better rate. This company has failed to be of any assistance nor did they try to help. I spoke to a manager and was told by the customer service rep that the manager would be of no help - no kidding. It was like talking to a brick wall. I could not get an answer and felt like I was wasting my breath. Do not let your loan be sold to this company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

It's difficult to break down how many problems I've had with this company. 1 - Failed to recognize my homeowners status and charged me investment property taxes. REFUSED TO CONFESS they made a mistake, had more than one person review the account forcibly because the company doesn't believe in investigating potential issues. 2 - Charged me $1600 for insurance, I'd already paid for. "IT WAS AN OVERSIGHT IN THE PAPERWORK". I reviewed the bill with them 3 times and asked a million questions about the line items before anyone bothered to investigate.

3- Every time you call to speak with an agent, they ask if they tell you, you are being recorded and confirm they can reach you by phone if there is an issue with your account. When the property tax issue came up, they were mailing to my street address but failed to add my apartment number. I was never notified of issues so that I could proactively resolve them at that moment. I had to call to inform them to add the condo number to the correspondence. HOWEVER HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW THE CONDO NUMBER SINCE THEY WERE EASILY CHARGING ME A MORTGAGE PAYMENT FOR IT??? It's a NO brainer. Do not ever deal with this company. They are a true example of mismanagement. I can only imagine how much money they cost people who simply trust this company will look out for them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

No issues with transfer of loan data. I was given notice from my bank that my home loan would be serviced by Central Loan Administration & Reporting. I went to https://www.loanadministration.com/, entered my loan number, etc, and all my info populated, and it was accurate. I read all the reviews. I feel bad for those that had bad customer service. Hopefully, all my interaction will be online. Good luck.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Cenlar Purchased loan 2 months after closing from HomeBridge. Annual escrow analysis asking for $2100 plus increased mortgage amount. Changed hazard insurer 6/18, not reflected in escrow and in fact they paid the old carrier. Received notification of forced place insurance. Now they state I owe $10K in property taxes where my current statement was for 6.5K. In process of utilizing mortgage loan officer at HomeBridge to help resolve this. Very poor ability to add extra funds to escrow account on a monthly basis, has to be manually entered. Unable to reach by phone, system is unavailable, too busy, or simply does not answer. If not resolved by their deadline to bring the escrow account current, will be filing a complaint with the state and hiring an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My loan was sold to Cenlar and they can't get my property tax correct. My county has sent them my Property Tax and Assessment. My annual property tax is $543.42. They seem to think my annual tax is $2274.52 and are billing me for that amount for escrow. I have sent them copies of my Property Tax and Assessment. I've been trying to get this straightened out for 6 months. My 4 year old granddaughter could figure this out. A Cenlar employee named Mary figured out the problem in 2 minutes and sent Escrow a work order showing how to correct the problem. I haven't been able to talk to Mary since. Cenlar probably fired her because she was intelligent. I strongly advise they be avoided like the plague.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information