cenlar.com

3.8/5 (248 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I am in the process of refinancing my mortgage. I needed last month mortgage and contacted Cenlar. I was put on hold for at least 20 minutes and then finally spoke with a customer relations person who said she needed to transfer me to someone else who can put in a request for my statement and I would receive it within 24 hours. Three days later; still no statement. I could tell the customer relations individual was disturbed by my request. I have tried to get my statement online and they are having IT problems. If financing isn’t tough enough; this company should not be in business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I am very disappointed in Citibank for selling my HELOC to an incompetent company like CENLAR. Citibank themselves have handled the transfer of accounts terribly. I Will never take out another loan with them for that reason. First, all the notice I was given was a two week notice that the loan was transferred to a company I never heard of before with no follow up from either. Then when I call CENLAR was on hold for more than thirty minutes only to be quickly told that I will have to pay a $9 fee to make a payment. With more than 10 years at Citibank, never a fee to make a payment. Next, if you do it automatively it's $2. Tried that, didn't work.

Told by Kool-Aid drinking employee, a real true believer, that's because the account information has not been uploaded yet so you cant make a payment with me or online. Maybe they should get their ** straight before the first thing they start talking about is charging a fee to take a payment, which on all accounts is absurd. Welcome to corporate greed and debauchery folks!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The only reason I am giving this "company" (if that's what you want to call it), "stars" is because I had to in order for me to write this review. I would have given it a (-5) Stars if I could have or MUCH LESS! This company took over my mortgage about a year ago. Today is October 09, 2019. So sometime in 2018. Our mortgage was 756.00 monthly, (because we put down a very large downpayment, ($38,000), have GREAT credit and a pretty decent interest rate at 4.5%.

Very shortly after this company took over our mortgage, our mortgage increased to $864.00. I called to inquire about why the "raise hike" they informed me that due to a recent escrow analysis, our taxes were raised and somehow our escrow was short in addition to our homeowner's insurance was raised. "All valid". However, I called my homeowner's insurance they informed me they did raise their rates but NOT to the level that it would cause our mortgage to raise that high. I also inquired about my Homestead Exemption. According to the County Property Appraisers Office, my wife and I have (100%) homestead exemption. Representatives from this company are trying to "claim" that we do not have a "full homestead" exemption which is ENTIRELY FALSE!!!!

My wife and I out of frustration in dealing with this company had to retain an attorney to try and get this resolved. My Attorney wrote them a letter in addition to including evidence from the County Property Appraisers Office that states we do in fact qualify for 100% homestead exemption. I have spoken to approximately 4 representatives in the past several months who continue to tell me the "same" "run around". They tell me that they "put in a ticket" to have this reviewed. Which is the same exact message I have gotten from the previous 2 or 3 reps over the past several "MONTHS" prior to my call to their office on 10/09/2019. In my opinion this is FRAUD!!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I hate the servicing of my mortgage was transferred here. First and foremost it is very difficult to get through the automated system. Then the hold time makes you forget why you called and that you’re actually on hold. I’ve called several times, left messages and IF I get a call back my caller ID says unavailable and I don’t answer. I’ve yet to resolve the issue I called about in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

To call these people incompetent would be a compliment. It's remarkable how horrendous they are. They have held up my escrow refund check for OVER TWO MONTHS. Each time I call in, it's a different BS story. "Check was cut." "Check was not cut." "Still working on it." Meanwhile, nearly TWO MONTHS AFTER THE LOAN CLOSING, I am STILL WITHOUT MY MONEY. Filed complaints with OCC and CFPB. Recommend everyone do the same.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Updated on 11/01/2019: I requested a loan payoff for my housing loan. Without any notification from customer service representative I was charged $30. Then kept on changing four more times. Total $150.00. When I complained in their website I was notified complain was resolved. But nothing done. I pray I don't have to deal with this company again.

Original Review: I contacted customer service get a verbal payoff never asked for written payoff because I am a customer not a bank. Without even divulging fees they changed $150. Never ask for payoff guys. I am giving them 5tars for worst customer service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My mortgage was transferred to Cenlar last Spring. In a few months they increased my monthly payments due to shortage of Escrow account. I requested an explanation for where my Escrow prepaids from closing went, and they sent me nothing but a transaction history, which did not show sufficient balance from the beginning. When I tried to contact them by phone, I had to spend 1 hour waiting on the phone after which they hang up on me without any response.

Another issue with them is that I cannot make my payments online due to error message I receive. I sent them URLs and screenshots to which I got a reply that the issue had been solved and it wasn't! I replied asking them to look more into it after which my online account was simply removed. I called the customer service and the representative said that my mortgage was transferred to them last August when it was actually transferred in March! I asked why I cannot access to my account to make a payment, she said that my account was deactivated due to my complaints and that I have to register again. I registered again and still unable to make online payments as well as can not see my loan history. I have to call them to make my monthly payment and after October 18th they will charge $2 for a phone payment. As a result from all this, I am seeking a portfolio refinance and have to spend another $6k for closing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Cenlar took over my loan from Citibank about a year ago (Nov. 2018). Since that day, they have done nothing but screw thing up. I had bi-monthly auto draft for 2 of my homes out of the same account. After 3-4 months of consistent drafting for both properties, they stopped drafting payments on one of my homes. I was out of town for a few months and when I returned, I received and settled my account. They are unwilling to remove the delinquency notice to the credit bureau. This company also has the WORST customer service!! They will leave you on hold for over an hour. They have zero answers for any of your questions and never get back to you regarding your questions or concerns. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

If you want to work with a Company with zero customer service or appreciation you found the right one. They fail at most other areas, but rank in the highest for no service. It is 2019 and to this day you can't email them. They give you a Fax# 843 413 7122, it very seldom works.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My mortgage with Citi never had issue. Since move to Cenlar, no services at all. I called on the phone. Was wait for more than 50'. Nobody answer the phone. Finally the people who is answering the phone but still cannot fix issue. She promise callback which never did. I call again again again. Enough. I am looking for a new loan company now.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Was catching back up with Citi mortgage after a hardship. I was two payments from current and my loan was sold to Cenlar. Ever since it has been nothing but a headache. They would not take any partial payments so I agreed to a 5 month repayment plan (this was the best the agent claims they could do). When I go to make a payment 5/24 the agent would not take it and tells me to resubmit the plan and call back in a week to pay. When I call back this agent says it is now a new month and the plan is expired (the agent did admit that the plan was received on 5/16 and that the last agent should have taken payment) But there was nothing they could do now to help out. Best option recommended was to submit a hardship package and see if the underwriters would approve and extended repayment plan, I was also told this would keep me out of foreclosure.

Well, that was a lie. I am currently in foreclosure. I submitted this package 6/5 and it is now 9/4. Every time I call they claim they need something else submitted and every time it’s "this is all that is needed" but I send it via email, wait two days and call only to be asked for something else. It is as if they are trying to foreclose, I went from two payments behind to now 6 payments behind all because one of their agents screwed up. But hey, they don't care. Not sure how to get away from them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Zero Stars!!! Terrible Company!! Will be talking to BBB soon about their incompetence!! Since setting up my Mortgage Account online four months ago, I have not been able to make an online payment period. I've contacted Customer Service multiple times and send multiple questions through their "Ask A Question" tab, to no avail. They say it's my browser's problem. I've tried all browsers, and my phone, none can make an online payment.

So recently I called once more for answers, as they now charge a fee for telephone payments; and I gave them my account number, address, etc. and they could not verify my account with the information I set the account up with, so they wouldn't address my problem. I asked to speak with a supervisor, but because they couldn't verify I was an account holder even with the loan's account number they wouldn't forward me to a supervisor.

This is SO FRUSTRATING. If they have a free phone pay plan, because you can't pay online, they shouldn't change it to a pay to pay your mortgage plan and make additional money off of their web page problem. It's their Problem, but it's my problem if the mortgage doesn't get paid. I have not had one good experience since my loan was transferred to Cenlar!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I was in a loan modification thru Citi when they sold it to Cenlar. When I called in to make my payment they said I wasn't able to at that time because all of the documentation from Citi was not in their system. After continuation of attempts to pay my monthly payment they continued to deny my payment because of paperwork. After 3 months I received a foreclosure letter with sale date. I quickly attempted to remedy it by doing a loan mod thru them. They sent paperwork too. 14 days to get to me and I returned all documents within 24 hours - overnight red to them.

After calling every day after the 5 day the lady that was having two conversations - one with me and one with her college about going on a cig break. Soon as she got me off the phone all the while laughing about my situation. Tells me, "File has been closed. Nothing you can do. It's going to auction. Start moving." I've been in my house for 17 years and my 4 kids have been growing up in that house their whole lives and for a company to not work with people is astounding. If your loan is sold to them refinance as fast as you can away from them!!!! FYI they are trying to sell it for value and not what is on loan.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This week I received an unexpected check from Cenlar regarding mortgage loan recording fee. Check received last week of August and is dated for July 10. I do not have a mortgage or any other loan with Cenlar. Check looks like some kind of bulk print up check that might actually be a phishing expedition to find out where I bank.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I had been a Citi customer for 10 years before they sold my mortgage to Cenlar. I am in a 30 yr abated & J51 condominium...I have always gotten a escrow refund in July due to the overage and have NEVER had a shortage. This July I get a escrow statement from them stating that I have a shortage of over $400.00 (although they have been taking escrow money since April and Citi paid the Tax finance department ALL of the escrow money that was in my account before they turned it over to Cenlar... My $1200 yearly escrow payment is now $6100!!!! which they claim they got from the "county". I have repeatedly asked for this alleged "county" document and I have sent them the property tax documents that show that my 2020 taxes are $1150.00 after my abatement.

These people also have not made 1 escrow payment since they took over and they have also not given me my overage. Now my $1060 mortgage is not almost $1500.00 and they cannot give me any documents!!!. Private houses in my neighborhood do not even pay $6100 in taxes. I am getting a lawyer and will sue them if I need too. They are committing out and out fraud.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

While shredding papers I came across a escrow disbursement check sent to me in 2017. Check never cashed. Sent Cenlar all my loan information to issue a new check. It has been hell trying to get them to stop payment and reissue me a new check. This has been ongoing now for over 45 days. Left messages for the president and Vice President, so far no callback.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Hi, I've been with Cenlar for at least 3 years now, I mail my payments in most of the time, money orders and checks. My last payment in July 1st 2019. I mailed a check for half my payment and a money order for the remainder. They sent back the money (1000) in a form of a check and cashed my personal check, and sent me a late payment charge of $101. I called them. They said they do not accept partial payments, but of course they cashed my personal check and did not know where it was? Very strange system, I went ahead and made another payment $2027.00. I sent them a copy of the cashed check, and of course at least 10 days for their investigation on the cashed check. Again very strange payment processing system. They consider a payment with a Money Order and a Personal Check amounting to the full mortgage payment, as none acceptable, as a partial payment. So fraud alert to my bank. Best of luck with this company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My loan was sold three times in 5 months. Just like you cannot pick your family it seems you can't pick your mortgage servicing company either. A lot of people's reviews seem to have the same experience as I did when I kept getting delinquent notices for my property tax. After more than 7 months of confusion and numerous phone calls to the property tax department everything was finally paid and Cenlar paid all of the late fees and interest. However, they got the original bill in question in January and completed everything on July 31st. This is not good service and wasted many hours of my life on sitting on the phone.

I too experienced long hold times on calls to the 855 number; misinformation from call center staff numerous times; promised callbacks from supervisors that did not occur; long delays in processing payments, and out of five supervisors only the last one might have escalated my complaint so more customers do not have the same experience. I do not know if this really happened since I did not get any sort of confirmation email. If I could give a quarter star or a negative star rating I would. Horrible service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I received a letter stating my property now requires flood insurance. I reach out to submit documentation I have that should remove the requirement. I sent in the documentation as requested and waited for it to be received. After 11 days, I call to get an update. I am told, wait three more days and call back to see if it was received. Since when should it take 2 weeks to determine if an email was received? All the while, the clock is ticking before they add their own flood insurance to my policy. Interestingly enough, the letter states their flood insurance is more expensive than obtained privately, yet flood insurance is supposed to be regulated with no variance in premium. Very poor customer service when the only solution offered is to keep calling back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

After 21 years in real estate, I sold thousands of homes. My experience with Cenlar, specifically, Andrea ** and Neal **, is by far the worst overall experience that I've ever had in my 53 years of living. Complete lack of empathy to the client and respect to me. It's hard to imagine that these people are actually paid to be this bad.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Citimortgage transferred servicing of my co-op mortgage account to CENLAR about two years ago. Since then the service has been appalling: long hold times on calls to the 855 number; misinformation from call center staff; promised callbacks from supervisors did not occur; long delays in processing payments, etc. Most recently, when I paid my principal balance in full I was billed for interest on that balance for an additional month. Call center staff were not able to explain why, aside from this just being "standard procedure". It seemed more likely to be a way for CENLAR to wring maximum revenue from the loan servicing.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We paid off a small second mortgage through CENLAR ahead of schedule within the past few days. Our original loan doc states no prepayment penalty. CENLAR is claiming there is a prepayment penalty, I'm guessing as a way of trying to make up the lost interest. This is after they billed us for and received $2.02. I also have the original introduction letter from CENLAR when the loan was sold to them (at that time a bal. of around $1000) stating that the terms of the loan would not be changed. I've sent them all the pertinent docs and will contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and FTC if they don't drop the matter as well as perhaps a local 'watchdog' group. I want people to be aware that this company is capable of really predatory practices and that they are extremely unprofessional.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Cenlar took over my mortgage from CitiMotrgage. I have had nothing but problems. They are constantly sending letters, I received 5 in one day's mail, I have received as many as 15 in one week. They are always repeats. They have also hit my bank account twice. They are the worse company to deal with.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Cenlar acquired the 2nd mortgage on my house from CitiMortgage in February 2019 and then that is when all the trouble began! The payment of $118.25 was always paid on time and then they started tacking on escrow for insurance. I called them in March, again in May and again in July to get this corrected. In July, they refunded the payment saying it was not enough to cover the payment with the insurance escrowed - that was not supposed to be on there. I had to email the insurance loss payee clause again and again. They can never seems to get anything right there.

Today, July 30, 2019; I have a credit score of 808 and now I am concerned that it will go down. They were taking the payment out again on 7/29/19 and it is not showing coming out of my account yet so I went ahead and made that payment today but it takes 6 days to post. If my credit goes down, I will sue! I feel I have read so many complaints about CENLAR that we need to start a Class Action Lawsuit!! Who is with me?

Original review: July 30, 2019

First I am a Short Sale Negotiator and never have I seen a place run the way Cenlar is run. The unprofessionalism comes from the top down to the bottom. Supervisors are of no help and come on the phone defensive when you are in luck to speak to one. Since talking to someone with authority in there, is like finding gold (very rare). The staff that answers the phone to give status are very limited to the info, so apparently this info is only from the CIA because Short Sale dept never answers the phone and never calls back. The Customer Service are rude and does not use tact, they have no intention in helping. They read from the screen and they dismiss you. LENDERS STOP GIVING CENLAR YOUR BUSINESS, they have no clue.

Original review: July 26, 2019

They will not recognize my disabled veterans low-income exemption from the county, haven't reported to the credit agencies ever and recently added a fee to my mortgage they claim is from the county yet I called the county assessor and they is no fee from the county. That's out and out fraud. Don't do business with them... Ever.

Original review: July 13, 2019

What is with this company?! My mortgage was sold from UWM to them this past month and they charged my account 3x (1st, 4th and 10th). I called after the first 2 and got a reversal and they assured me everything was fixed and all set for the next month. Obviously not. I had to waste additional time with my personal bank, refunding overdraft fees and such. Terrible company.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This is the first review I have ever written about any product or company. But, after the incredible experience I have had with Cenlar over the past 30 days, I decided to publish my first one. It started when my home mortgage was sold/transferred to Cenlar for loan administration. When I learned of the change, I copy and pasted the appropriate information from my previous lender into the required cells in the Cenlar website/system to enable me to make electronic payments each month. After a couple of weeks, I received notice that my monthly payment was late. I contacted Cenlar to find out what was wrong and was told that my payment had been rejected by my bank. I couldn't believe what I had heard as that hasn't happened to me in over 30 years of making mortgage payments on multiple properties, so I asked that they help me figure out what was wrong.

After approximately two hours and several phone calls, we finally figured out that, in fact, I had properly copied and pasted all the appropriate information from my previous provider into the Cenlar site to enable epayments from my bank - except for the bank account number. And, even though the copied and pasted account number showed up properly in the proper cell on my screen, I was told that I would need to go back and enter it again by hand. An inconvenience and waste of time for sure, but not the end of the world. However, that's just the beginning of the story. Two weeks later, I learned that even though I had entered the next month's payment into the system as instructed, I was over-charged by almost $30,000 for that month!!!!

When I tried to find out what happened and how I could get this fixed, I was told that I had entered the wrong information into their system and that only my bank could address the problem by placing a "stop" on that month's payment. When I told Cenlar that the bank said they couldn't guarantee me that they could stop the payment - due to the fact that it was already "processing", I was told that Cenlar had no way of reversing the payment even though it was clearly wrong. I complained and was finally connected with a nice supervisor who told me that they, in fact, could issue a "reverse payment", but that they could only do so by issuing a manual check that I would receive within the next 3-4 weeks. Now, $30,000 may not be a lot of money to Cenlar, but it sure is to me. And, 3 to 4 weeks is a long time to go without it.

So, in summary, Cenlar's processes are outdated, their systems are broken - but, the call center agents are nice. Overall, the place is a joke, and I would strongly recommend avoiding it at all costs. Oh, and BTW - even though they describe themselves as the "...leading loan servicing provider ..." a main navigation button on their website is spelled Home Loam. Should have been my first clue.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Just like everyone else my loan was sent to Cenlar from Citibank. I have been trying for months to get in touch with Assumption Department so I can remove my ex-wife's name from the Mortgage. I have called approx 10 times, 10 Messages thru message center, Certified letter and not 1 single call or email. Then they have the balls to reply to my message stating to send a certified letter and state SOLVED at the end. It’s not solved. I have not yet spoke to a human when calling them. This has to be the worse company on the planet. ** Citibank.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I refinanced my loan with Citigroup. Firstly Citigroup has the worst loan officers possible but since I had paid so many fees already, I stuck with the process. I asked for a zillion documents and kept on losing them and asking them again and again. Once processed my loan went to Cenlar for loan administration. After a few months I wanted to lower my monthly payments and asked the rep how to do that. He had no idea. I kept on shuttling between Cenlar and Citi when someone suggested I inquire specifically about recasting. Firstly there is no person within Cenlar you can talk to figure out how much money would reduce how much mortgage payment.

They send you a letter and each inquiry and response take at least 3 weeks. You cannot get clarifying questions. Once I wired my recast amount, they applied it to my loan but did not lower my payments. I had to go back and forth several times and months for that too. I feel defrauded, cheated and have spent so much time just trying to reduce my monthly mortgage. I am shocked a company like this to allowed to exist and govt has not done anything about it. They are clearly making borrowers life more difficult and want to sit on our money and not route it to the cause it was meant to be. I am out of a large amount and still trying to recast my loan.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information