Find a Loan Companies partner

3. Loan Companies

cenlar.com

1.0/5 (34 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: June 23, 2021

I am not sure who runs this bank/financial institution, but they are the worst I have ever worked with. Just the customer service reps are absolutely clueless with their own processes and have to keep putting me on hold asking how something works. A simple process of getting an address change is almost impossible. It is a completely mismanaged and needs new leadership. If I could, I would leave this bank and go someone where else. However, I am no position to do this and I need to suffer the burden of the horrible service they provide. I have never worked with any customer service (any sector) in my life.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In 2020 I lost my home because of Hurricane Laura. It is vital that I be able to get answers regarding this awful situation. I have talked to many employees there trying to get questions answered and they have told me that they do not know the answer! I am also told that they will request that someone call me back which they never do. I need some help and need to know who to report them to.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We sent Cenlar large sums of money to pay off all but a very small amount our home equity loan. Instead of applying the amount we sent to principal, they kept all the funds into "suspension account" for an entire month and still continued to charge us interest and FEES! Our principal balance did not go down, and they continue to take out funds from our bank account as if we haven't paid anything. In the past 2 months, I've called 7 times and no one ever follows through and I can't even talk to a supervisor. They tell me that someone will call me back and they never do. I've spent hours and it is extremely frustrating. I feel like we are getting robbed and I'm helpless to stop it!

Original review: May 7, 2021

I know you don't have always have a choice of load administration but run from this company. Their website is basically useless, it does not have any functionality. They removed the 800 support line and get this, they want you to fax them? What are we in 1995? Their "new" website might as well be on AOL.com. They are a joke...

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have tried to get a verification of mortgage 6 times now and still have not received anything. I have stayed on hold all day trying to speak to a person and never get anyone. RUN from this company!!!

Original review: April 29, 2021

Cenlar was my mortgage broker in 2020 when Covid-19 lead to a countrywide shut down and lockdown. As a result I lost five projects and decided that I should file for forbearance. Cenlar was extremely difficult to deal with at the time but I eventually was able to file for it and I did confirm with various loan officers that this would be done in compliance with federal law and not be reflected on my credit report.

Once my forbearance was approved Cenlar sold my loan to Arvest and reported me as being delinquent on my loan on 2 payments. This is now reflecting badly on my credit score and of course making it extremely difficult to refinance my loan. Cenlar reported me to two credit agencies. Trying to clear up the mistake the credit bureaus advised me to talk to Cenlar and get them to state that this was done in error.

I tried to reach someone at Cenlar, spent 3 hours on the phone (2 hours and 45 minutes on hold), was shuffled to various departments, and finally connected with supervisor Gerardo ** who basically advised me that Cenlar cannot help clear up the matter. I asked specifically if he was just unwilling to do so and he confirmed that he was unwilling and unable and that this was a problem I needed to take up with the credit bureaus. Awful awful practices and endangering people's livelihoods.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My mortgage was fine until CENLAR had the nerve to raise our payments because of the crappy escrow increase. There's not much of anything in Northern Collin County for them to raise our mortgage up like that. They have lost my respect, trust and business. I wouldn't refinance with them if they were Plan Z!!

Original review: April 22, 2021

My experience matches the rest of the 1-star reviews. After refinancing previous mortgage, I requested and was told that I would receive a final payoff accounting. Have made THREE requests now and still yet to receive that accounting. Customer "service" agents do not follow through on what they say they will do and most recent agent was very rude. You can't speak to a supervisor directly. They have to put in a "work order" for a supervisor to call you back!! This is the most incompetent mortgage servicer that I have ever encountered. Recommend you ask your potential mortgage company who they will sell their servicing to.

Original review: April 20, 2021

We sent Cenlar a large bank check to pay down our mortgage principal. Instead of applying the amount we sent to principal, they cashed the check and put it into "unapplied funds". Our principal balance did not go down at all, and we've paid the same amount of interest on the mortgage loan, as if there was never any additional principal ever sent to them. In the past month, I've called five times, and also sent correspondence requesting the amount we sent be applied to principal, with no response except "it's being looked into". Cenlar's customer service is very lacking, to say the least. Very frustrating. I feel like I'm being mugged and I can't do anything about it.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I accidentally send money to an old closed account still set up in my online banking. The account was with Cenlar and this happened in November of 2020 and I continuously call, I have sent faxes of proof of the transaction as they requested and no refund has come. No one will call me back and I don't know why they are keeping my money. It might be time to get a lawyer.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I would rate 0 Stars if I could. Little to no help available from this company. It has only been a few months and I already want to find a different company. Totally incapable of handling responsibilities on their end like paying my property TAXES out of my escrow account so I don't get letters saying a tax lien will be put against my home!.

Original review: March 19, 2021

This is the worst company ever. I sent in extra amounts on my mortgage payments and was told the amount would be place in a unapplied account. It wasn't. It was used to pay my escrow. Can't get any help from this company. The CSRs are useless and they never get a supervisor or manager involved. They lie all the time about fixing your problems and don't. This company should be out of business. I have no clue how Citimortgage sold them my account. Worst experience ever. One star is way too high.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Called in February 2021, agreed to the option of payments from COVID-19 forbearance put at end of loan. Was told to call back end of February to confirm underwriting approval. Called. They had charged off my account instead. Said they didn't understand why, but nothing they could do. Really?

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have two houses with different mortgage, but both under the Loan Administration management. They made a mistake to send wrong insurance (loan B money paid to loan A insurance ) in Dec, 2020, and they can NOT even correct till now. It's over 4 months, and I spent hours and hours to call, explained the problem to each CSR again and again, and every time I was told that'd be fixed in a few days. But it NEVER! Not able to talk to manager or supervisor, my phone just got shut off in the middle of waiting after I already spent 45 + minutes waiting, explaining, requesting, then NOTHING!!

I have talked to the insurance agent and insurance company, explained how the money was paid wrong. They got it, and they refunded the check. But the check was back to loan A, so Cenlar paid again!!!! I called insurance again, they refunded again, now the check is back to Loan A, which is wrong!!!! That money should go back to loan B, but just this simple action, I took weeks and months to call, to request, nobody doing anything! My house A got damage in Jan, luckily my insurance company picked up the repair cost. I don't know what going to happen if it was my house B?? Really frustration they can not fix the problem. Add to another level of problem, so they send me the tax form for house B, with the wrong insurance money!! That also screwed my Tax stuff, as house B is investment property, house A is my primary.

Most ironically, when I called them point out the problem, the CSR said it's insurance company mistake, they only paid the inv they received. That's totally **!! I checked the insurance invoice, it had my name, my property address, and the insurance policy number, all these point to loan B, not the loan A (only name is the same, other info are all different). Whoever took the invoice not even do a basic check, totally incapable to perform such a simply task!!! At the last, I do NOT even give them 1 star if the system allows to give 0 star!! They're the worst company I have ever dealt with, and I don't even know when my property insurance will be fixed!!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have contacted and spoke to customer service over a dozen times to request urgent documentation related to a pending refinancing transaction. Cenlar repeatedly responded late or not at all. When they do respond, they send out the wrong information. I have asked to speak to a supervisor each and every time but nobody returns my call. To add insult to injury, it takes almost an hour to get through to a live customer service agent. I had the same lack of results speaking to a "live chat" agent - who literally ended the chat mid conversation. I even tried the online messaging center. The answer is always the same - Cenlar sends out the information they choose - which is NOT what I asked for or need - or simply doesn't respond at all!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This story is like everyone else’s. No customer service, waiting hours on the phone for any type of assistance and no one knows anything. Citibank is responsible. First I’m going to the attorney general and then I am going to place as many ads as I can to get a class action against this company that is trying to swindle thousands of dollars from hard working people!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My home mortgage was sold/taken-over by Cenlar in February 2020. After making regular on time payments for nearly a year with additional partial payments twice monthly, in December 2020, the company returned 1 of my electronic bank drafts which was in excess of the required scheduled monthly payment. I called in January telephone and spoke with a company representative, I was informed that Cenlar would not accept any partial payments.

After explaining to that representative the payment for December as well as all previous ones had been made in full - that partial was and additional principal amount. He then restated the company position (as he understood it) and informed me that and concluded by saying they were a collection company. Could be reported to credited agencies. Refused my request to transferred to the manager. The representative rudeness resulted in my refinancing with another lender and loss of interest payments payments to Cenlar.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Due to Covid 19 I requested a forbearance for my mortgage and was approved. Only 1 payment was missed during this approved period and despite promises I could apply for a deferment, which I have had to do 3 times, I am harassed DAILY about a late payment. No answer to my request has been given and every representative gives different info. No managers can ever be reached, no calls are returned, and no information in writing is ever provided. Representatives are rude, ill trained and do not know how to handle simple requests. I would rather saw off a toe than deal with them another day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I am in the middle of applying for a new mortgage on an investment property and was informed by the lender that my previous mortgage company; Cenlar, reported my payment late in June 2020. [During this time I was on Covid forbearance and also transferred to PennyMac.] I called the number from the credit report, waited on hold for 56 minutes, and was told to send my bank statements and credit report to customerservice@loanadministration.com which I promptly did. I received an automated email back stating they could not assist me through email and to log onto their website and speak to a rep through their chat. I promptly did this. I was informed that they could not pull the email I sent and I would have to fax the documents.

I asked to speak to a manager and was then told they WERE able to pull the email with the documents. After reviewing the documents the rep stated it would take 60 days for them to review it and make the correction. I quickly explained that I did not have 60 days as I am currently in the middle of applying for another loan; and I asked to speak to a manager. The rep told me they could not give me a number to a manager. I asked again to speak to a manager, this time she said she would put in a request for a manager to call me back in 24 hours. No one ever called me.

I logged into the chat again today, had to speak to 3 different reps because they all kept closing the chat on me. I was told they were not able to help me through chat and I had to call 800-223-6527. I called and the rep was not even able to pull up my account. I was on hold for 30 minutes with this rep for her to tell me I needed to call **. I called the number, it asks you to put in your account number. It says it cannot find my account number and never gives an option to speak to a rep. Legally they cannot report your payment as late when you are on the Covid forbearance. This is costing not only myself but also my investment partner money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

It has only been since November/December 2020 that I've had a bad experience with this company. I don't know if something has changed within their department for such harassment to be occurring. Example: This December, I received an automated call on a Saturday that I need to take care of my December payment. The recording gave me an option to set up a payment arrangement, which I made for the following Friday. It made NO difference, I continued to receive calls almost every 20 minutes throughout the day. I called to find out if there was a possible glitch in their automated system and I reached a gentleman who was very nice, he apologized and said he would make a notation. That day and Sunday was fine---then come Monday, it started again with call after call after call...

I called again and spoke to a lady who was very nice and apologetic. She too said she would make a notation and said it was their automatic system. The rest of Monday was fine, but again come Tuesday, the calls kept coming. Bottom Line---It is ridiculous and misleading to offer an option whether it be via your automated system or via the Two (2) people I spoke with, because obviously it makes absolutely "No" difference because I was continued to be harassed. It is very disheartening. Again, I am not sure if there was all of a sudden some shake up within Cenlar's company to cause this type of harassment--but that is why I originally thought it was a malfunction in their automated system because for the most part, everyone I speak with at Cenlar seem nice and respectful.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Cenlar Loan Administration is Horrible Horrible Horrible. That is not subjective. However, the bigger issue is with the lenders/banks passing on their servicing shortcomings to Cenlar knowing they are terrible (In my case Citibank). Don't let your lender do the Pontius Pilate and wash their hands saying they no longer service the account and have nothing to do with maintaining the level of customer service care. Not only did they promise you at the time of account origination, and you expected, but as required by Mortgage Servicing Rules under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X). Hold your lender accountable as they ARE still accountable. File a complaint with CFPB. Easy to do online. They won't do much but enough complaints may accomplish something. Nothing you can do with Cenlar, they are just a mess. Period.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I pay my mortgage during the first week of the month. Cenlar has assured me that while they consider it "late," after the first of the month, it is not reported as such to credit bureaus until a payment is 30+ days late. Yet my credit report, which is otherwise excellent, shows 25 late payments! I am trying to refinance (not with Cenlar/Citi) and as a self-employed person, this can sink me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I didn't start through Cenlar, they just happened to buy my mortgage out. In October they did an escrow analysis to anticipate my next year's taxes, and my mortgage payment has now increased by $283 a month! When I bought this house in April, there were some back taxes owed on it from the previous owners. Those back taxes were paid at closing, but because they had been relieved onto my town tax bill it made the most current bill look much higher than normal. Because of that, someone in Cenlar's tax department that analyzes the escrow accounts used that figure to determine my next year's tax bill would be $2,317 for the year when in previous years they've never been over $700 for town tax.

NOBODY WILL FIX IT. They just keep telling me this is my new payment, $283 extra going out every month and I just have to suck it up. Any amount in escrow over what they pay out in taxes will be refunded of course, but in the meantime I have to come up with almost $300 extra every month for a mistake that nobody will admit they made. It's impossible to get through to anyone. They kept telling me to call my local tax authority, but when I spoke with the town I was informed the new tax bills won't come out until January.

The THIRD person I spoke with tried giving me a number to my local tax authority to pass me off again. The number she gave me went to the LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL. Then she said she had three numbers, so gave me the second number. The second number was MY BOYFRIEND'S CELL PHONE NUMBER. The third number was MY CELL PHONE NUMBER. If I'm the local tax authority then I do declare my taxes are not over two grand!

I finally got someone to order another analysis on my escrow and they were supposed to call me back with the results. Nobody called. I called them back and was told that there was "no significant change" to my escrow so my payment will remain the same. At almost $300 extra every single month. I demanded to talk to someone in the tax department and (of course) they don't talk to the homeonwers. I asked for a manager and was put on hold forever. Then I was told a manager would call me back within 24 hours. So I had to wait around for their convenience.

When they did finally call, I was in a telehealth appointment for my son and couldn't answer. They left a voice mail but didn't identify themselves. I called back, and was informed they'd order another manager phone call and I'd have to wait another 24 hours! I screamed at that point and they did put me through to a manager. Who basically told me this is my payment and I have to pay it. Doesn't care that it's wrong or that THEY MADE A MISTAKE, I'm the one who has to pay. Sucks to be me, there's nothing they can do. Or will do. I have to wait until the new tax bill comes out in January for them to see that it won't be over $2,000 and then MAYBE they will change it.

This is the most horribly inept company I have EVER had the displeasure of working with. I will be contacting my lawyer and shopping for a new mortgage servicer and trying to refinance through someone else because I will not give this awful company another penny if I can help it. Do not do business with them. They'll tell you you are your own local tax authority. If I could leave a negative rating, I would.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I recently took a loan which Cenlar administers. I registered on their portal and set my loan up for 'Autopay'. I could write a much longer email, but the short of it is: they sent me an email on 10/23 indicating Autopay was setup and ready to go. So, I assumed it so... Finally, today (12/14), I review my account and see that Autopay did NOT draft the November or December amounts... I immediately paid and then researched to find out why. On the website, buried at least 4 clicks down, and seemingly contradicting the email sent to me ('Account Management'/'Document Center'/'Other'/then find 2 messages - related to the setup (on 10/27) and the late payment notice) - I find a notice indicating December would be the 1st payment. Great. Thanks for burying this on the website and not sending it to me, but instead sent me an email on 10/23 indicating all was set up and active.

After being on hold all morning and speaking to 2 different personnel, I'm told that they don't think there's anything they can do regarding the late notice to the credit bureaus (but, I do have yet to contact their Credit Reporting department). I will try that, but believe that this situation should not have arisen in the 1st place - all they had to do was put that information (December start) on the email they sent me, like they did with the notice posted 4 clicks down on their self-service portal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

These people are horrible. First, I wait 2 hours to get on the phone with a rep to be told that they would be happy to help me and would email me the info I requested within 24 hours. 72 hours later we still haven't received our payment history. Their mortgage website doesn't allow for you to print off your payment history. I'm at the end of refinancing my mortgage and paying them off but For the life of me can't get anyone there to help. I wish I would have seen the reviews of this company before taking a mortgage with them 9 years ago

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I had NO ISSUES making bi-weekly payments to Citimortgage. Citi now has Cenlar handling payments. I added Cenlar as a bill-pay from my credit union checking account, to be paid every 2 weeks to them. Worked fine for about 2 months. Then I get a refund of my last payment, saying they don't accept drafts from banks or credit unions. So I filled out their paper to allow their bi-weekly payment program. That worked fine for 2 months, and then they stopped taking the payments out of my account. I logged into loanadministration.com to figure out what is going on, and the site says I am behind a full payment! I printed out my bank statement, showing all the payments I had made, and to show them that I was up-to-date with my payments. I pasted the bank transactions into an email on the loanadministration.com website, along with asking why my payment had not come out of my checking account. No reply from them...

So I've been on hold today (12/4/2020) for 15 minutes so far, only to have the rep tell me she doesn't know why my bi-weekly payments haven't been coming out, and that she sees where they had taken too much out of my checking a couple months ago. I told her, YEAH, I KNOW, I WAS OVERDRAWN! So now I've decided to simply go to the loanadmin page and pay when it is due. I don't trust them to take out payments from my account, which they haven't been anyway! Get it together people!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We are trying to pay off mortgage. We pay monthly via our Citibank eBanking account. We tried to use this or our ACH capabilities... BUT Cenlar requires a physical certified bank check. This requires us to go to a branch which is not recommended since we are elderly and immune system compromised. And, since Citibank closed our local branches, requires us to drive over an hour each way to get the check. Customer service took forever to respond and provided no help whatsoever.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

This company has been nothing but difficult to work with. I've never had a company make it so difficult to pay them money before. 90+ minutes on the phone and 5 transfers to other departments to try and get something resembling service. Their automated systems don't always recognize your key pad input. It's as if their desire is to make you angry enough to hang up. It's infuriating. Call your mortgage company and demand they never allow this Cenlar to have anything to do with your loan and if they do, refinance away from it immediately.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Customer service is nonexistent. I had ID theft and had to change my checking account. After I diligently changed my checking account and made a payment on their horrible website they defaulted to the previous checking account. Well, that account was closed and instead of calling or emailing me about late payments they sent letters to my box that I hardly check even though I’m PAPERLESS! Fees incurred and now credit affected. I’ve filed complaints and called several times spending hours on the phone (mainly on hold). I’m going to pay off this loan and will NEVER do business with them again. I’ll also continue my crusade to let others know. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I have been a forced Cenlar customer since Citibank decided to sell their loans to Cenlar. Anytime I have needed information, their website, that looks good, is completely dysfunctional. Their document Center is always down and the quality of the customers service reps borders complete incompetence and no desire to help. They are closed on Sundays and apparently after 5:30pm PST during the week which is the phone message I get. I have made "17" calls in the last two months (8 in the last 7 days) just to try to get copies of my mtg statements as I'm refinancing again and I still do not have them. I have work with their chat function and finally got someone to respond who said he'd mail the statement (over a week ago) and I have still received nothing.

I called this morning to get ahold of someone and I was on the phone for just about 30 minutes until I had to hang up on the rep. He told me after ID'ing me 3 times, even after I WAS ID'D BY YOUR SYSTEM, that they could not email them to me but should have fax's them at which I replied why didn't that rep know that? I just closed another loan with Cenlar, at which they congratulated me and stated they would link my account to my profile... They did not and the rep could not find the mtg.

I am now refinancing again and cannot close without my mortgage statements. I asked for my new mortgage to be linked to my existing profile and the rep said "I cannot help you with that and you'll need to call back at another time??" Are you kidding me? You cannot handle that? Is there another number to call, a supervisor I can talk to??? He said no. In disgust I hung up. I have never experienced such incompetence and interest in helping. It's not the reps fault, per se, it's the company's.

I am escalating this to Gregory S Tornquist, their CEO because this insanity has to stop. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in my lifetime and I am a Director for a large Bank. I am refinancing all my loans and going elsewhere because this has cost me time, money and stress. Do not do business with this institution if you care about being served well from a company that should care about the quality of service they provide. Their systems do not work, they are not available when you need them and their reps are not well trained and often rude. They are simply God awful across the board but have customers trapped. I still do not have my statements although they said I would get them. I will miss closely my new loans on time because of them. The rep said he could not help any further. If simply getting statements to your c customers is a hardship for this company, you cannot trust them with the biggest debit you likely have.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information