cenlar.com

3.8/5 (170 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

This is a horribly ran company with incompetent people who cannot do anything correctly. I have received letters stating my loan was in default when I have never made a late payment. They apologized and blamed it on a computer glitch. In December I switched my Homeowner's Insurance company. I received a letter from Central Loan Administration and Reporting (CENLAR) stating they received my new policy and paid the premium. I called them to verify my old insurance company was removed. They said they would make sure that it happened.

Skip ahead a month later, and I've called 4 more times. My old company still hasn't been removed. They paid the premium to my cancelled insurance company causing my escrow account to go in to the negative, and because they're so incompetent, they did an escrow analysis with 2 insurance companies on it and my taxes. They're now stating my mortgage payment is going up $65 a month because they cannot figure out how to do their job correctly. If I could get the same loan rate I got when I purchased my home, I would refinance my house just to get away from the crap I have had to deal with and am still dealing with. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau this evening hoping they can step in to get this problem resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I have proven over and over that because I already have insurance covering my first mortgage holder, that I don't need forced insurance on my equity line through Cenlar. They say every time that they are going to correct this, and send me a refund. And every time I receive my payment coupon, I am still getting charged. It is a blatant, fraudulent act. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We have been dealing with rebuild after tornado, this bank held our mortgage, they are a complete nightmare. They are disorganized, antiquated, just a complete mess. We wait months to get checks returned after insurance company submits to us almost instantly. If you call to expedite or complain, they will just hang up!, Next! NIGHTMARE experience with this bank.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I made through my bank two payments electronically, informed Cenlar transaction numbers and estimated date of delivery. After both payments were delivered and accepted by the Cenlar - my bank given to me proof of payment with tracing number showing delivery date as October 15, 2021. Cenlar workers explained to me that my account will get information about my payment on Monday, October 18, 2021 but the payment dates for both payments will be when the Cenlar RECEIVED my money as 3:37 pm ET on Friday, October 15, 2021. Cenlar operates by Arizona Pacific Time but I patiently waited till 9pm ET Monday, October 18, 2021 when finally my payments were posted on my account. Shockingly for me the date of payment shown as the Cenlar would of get my money only on Monday, October 18, 2021.

To correct it I was told to fax to fax numbers my proofs of payments from my bank stated that EFFECTIVE DATE for my payments is October 15, 2021. I found rules, regulations, laws stating that payment must be dated by the date Cenlar received my money - but 3 weeks later Cenlar workers continue abusing me, intimidating, yelling at me stating that billing department of Cenlar took my money to their pockets and used it without my knowledge and consent for 4 days and only late evening on Monday, October 18, 2021 they put my money in Cenlar pretending they just got it from my bank!!! I deserved date of payment October 15, 2021 when my money with the proof from my bank by the tracking and transaction numbers were taken by the Cenlar!

If the Cenlar workers permitted by the Cenlar Management taking customers money and use it for 4 days instead of placing to the Cenlar - then the Cenlar President or Executive Office which permits that financial crimes must borrow to the Cenlar workers' money from their own pockets, not from the customers' accounts. Posting my payments on October 18, 2021 instead of on October 15, 2021 because their "cutting" time claimed to be 2:00 pm (ET or PT?!) has nothing to do with putting false payment date instead of October 15, 2021 when my money Cenlar already got - October 18, 2021 when Cenlar already hold or used my money for 4 days! If the Rules, Regulations and the laws related to that issue needed to be provided - I will do it.

But I need my payments date to be corrected to the receiving date as October 15, 2021. It is fine to post my payments information on October 18, 2021 but it is fraud to show that my payments were received not on October 15, 2021 but on October 18, 2021 especially it is crucial to my account, my husband and mine health and financial exploitation of us - the elderly and disabled! Please, help us in this very difficult and survival time for our health and finances to get lawful and just date of payments we made. We can scan and sent or fax our proofs of payments at any time. Cenlar has them since October 18, 2021 stating - effective date October 15, 2021. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Waiting for a check that was to have been mailed two weeks ago. No help when I call. Poor methods of conducting business from my view. If I knew my bank would have sent my loan to CENLAR, I would have not made the loan.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My loan is not appearing on the website so I call customer support for help but they hang up on me. Without website access, it's hard to manage the payments. I just asked it's a very simple task to add my loan number to my account.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Haven’t been able to access the website lately; finally spoke to an agent who told me my account is being transferred to a new company. I never received info on this and when asked why I was ignored!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I don't like this Mortgage Company because they are not very helpful. They ask too many question and for too much documentation. I called today 09/14/2021 because I've been out of work since 08/14/2021 due to COVID19. Me and my two kids got the virus and I'm a single parent and my kids are both disabled and I called to see if they could help me with the COVID Assistance Program they have and I was asked all kinds of questions and also told that they would send me a package to fill out and send bank statement and other documents to see if I could get approve for the assistance and also that they take 30 days or so to get back to me.

I have always made my payments and never had any issues. I really wish that CitiMortgage would have never transferred my Mortgage Account to Cenlar. I don't like their services. If I didn't need the help I wouldn't have to call them. They also asked me if I had any family member or a friend that could let me borrow the money and I told them no because I don't. That's the reason why I went online and I said they give you assistance If you've been impacted by COVID.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Cenlar is the worst company that you can work with. First of all, I never requested to have my loan be serviced by them. My loan was originally with Citibank and without any consent of my part, the loan was transferred to Cenlar. Without understanding why, my account was put into a loss & mitigation status, even though I've been making all the required payments every month. My account is on an auto draft and every time that my bank account gets drafted to make my monthly payment, it goes to a suspense account without being applied to my monthly payment which creates that my account goes "past due" affecting my credit. Every time I talk to someone they have no clue of how to help me and they keep transferring from person to person and at the end of a 30 min call, nothing gets resolved.

Original review: July 1, 2021

This is the WORST mortgage company I have ever worked with. They have been overcharging us all year. They overpaid our homeowners insurance company and then said our escrow acct is short and are charging us more per month. We have paid the shortage AND the over payment back to the escrow and yet they still keep overcharging us. My husband and I have both reached out 4 times. Each time I’m told that someone else will be calling me back and I never get a response. The customer service reps sound like teenagers. They won’t allow you to speak to a supervisor. They just claim that one will call you back. I am at my wit’s end. I’m almost ready to refinance just to get rid of them.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I received an Escrow Summary invoice this month (in addition to my regular statement) stating my escrow account is $119.53 short & I can either pay this amount in full or increase my monthly payment by $9.96. There are two problems with this:

1 - I do not have an escrow account!! I self pay my taxes and insurance, Cenlar Central Loan Administration has NEVER paid ANY taxes or insurance on my behalf! This is the second time this company has billed me for charges they did not incur! The first time it took forever to get it corrected; I've sent an email to the company asking for this to be removed - we'll see how many more times I'll have to contact them to get it corrected - my guess is several as the customer service reps have never been able to answer questions or correct errors!

2 - If this were a legitimate bill, I only have 5 payments left & my loan will be paid in full - 5 payments of $9.96 = $49.80. This payment schedule would leave my account $69.73 short. Even their math doesn't add up!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I am not sure who runs this bank/financial institution, but they are the worst I have ever worked with. Just the customer service reps are absolutely clueless with their own processes and have to keep putting me on hold asking how something works. A simple process of getting an address change is almost impossible. It is a completely mismanaged and needs new leadership. If I could, I would leave this bank and go someone where else. However, I am no position to do this and I need to suffer the burden of the horrible service they provide. I have never worked with any customer service (any sector) in my life.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In 2020 I lost my home because of Hurricane Laura. It is vital that I be able to get answers regarding this awful situation. I have talked to many employees there trying to get questions answered and they have told me that they do not know the answer! I am also told that they will request that someone call me back which they never do. I need some help and need to know who to report them to.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We sent Cenlar large sums of money to pay off all but a very small amount our home equity loan. Instead of applying the amount we sent to principal, they kept all the funds into "suspension account" for an entire month and still continued to charge us interest and FEES! Our principal balance did not go down, and they continue to take out funds from our bank account as if we haven't paid anything. In the past 2 months, I've called 7 times and no one ever follows through and I can't even talk to a supervisor. They tell me that someone will call me back and they never do. I've spent hours and it is extremely frustrating. I feel like we are getting robbed and I'm helpless to stop it!

Original review: May 7, 2021

I know you don't have always have a choice of load administration but run from this company. Their website is basically useless, it does not have any functionality. They removed the 800 support line and get this, they want you to fax them? What are we in 1995? Their "new" website might as well be on AOL.com. They are a joke...

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have tried to get a verification of mortgage 6 times now and still have not received anything. I have stayed on hold all day trying to speak to a person and never get anyone. RUN from this company!!!

Original review: April 29, 2021

Cenlar was my mortgage broker in 2020 when Covid-19 lead to a countrywide shut down and lockdown. As a result I lost five projects and decided that I should file for forbearance. Cenlar was extremely difficult to deal with at the time but I eventually was able to file for it and I did confirm with various loan officers that this would be done in compliance with federal law and not be reflected on my credit report.

Once my forbearance was approved Cenlar sold my loan to Arvest and reported me as being delinquent on my loan on 2 payments. This is now reflecting badly on my credit score and of course making it extremely difficult to refinance my loan. Cenlar reported me to two credit agencies. Trying to clear up the mistake the credit bureaus advised me to talk to Cenlar and get them to state that this was done in error.

I tried to reach someone at Cenlar, spent 3 hours on the phone (2 hours and 45 minutes on hold), was shuffled to various departments, and finally connected with supervisor Gerardo ** who basically advised me that Cenlar cannot help clear up the matter. I asked specifically if he was just unwilling to do so and he confirmed that he was unwilling and unable and that this was a problem I needed to take up with the credit bureaus. Awful awful practices and endangering people's livelihoods.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My mortgage was fine until CENLAR had the nerve to raise our payments because of the crappy escrow increase. There's not much of anything in Northern Collin County for them to raise our mortgage up like that. They have lost my respect, trust and business. I wouldn't refinance with them if they were Plan Z!!

Original review: April 22, 2021

My experience matches the rest of the 1-star reviews. After refinancing previous mortgage, I requested and was told that I would receive a final payoff accounting. Have made THREE requests now and still yet to receive that accounting. Customer "service" agents do not follow through on what they say they will do and most recent agent was very rude. You can't speak to a supervisor directly. They have to put in a "work order" for a supervisor to call you back!! This is the most incompetent mortgage servicer that I have ever encountered. Recommend you ask your potential mortgage company who they will sell their servicing to.

Original review: April 20, 2021

We sent Cenlar a large bank check to pay down our mortgage principal. Instead of applying the amount we sent to principal, they cashed the check and put it into "unapplied funds". Our principal balance did not go down at all, and we've paid the same amount of interest on the mortgage loan, as if there was never any additional principal ever sent to them. In the past month, I've called five times, and also sent correspondence requesting the amount we sent be applied to principal, with no response except "it's being looked into". Cenlar's customer service is very lacking, to say the least. Very frustrating. I feel like I'm being mugged and I can't do anything about it.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I accidentally send money to an old closed account still set up in my online banking. The account was with Cenlar and this happened in November of 2020 and I continuously call, I have sent faxes of proof of the transaction as they requested and no refund has come. No one will call me back and I don't know why they are keeping my money. It might be time to get a lawyer.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I would rate 0 Stars if I could. Little to no help available from this company. It has only been a few months and I already want to find a different company. Totally incapable of handling responsibilities on their end like paying my property TAXES out of my escrow account so I don't get letters saying a tax lien will be put against my home!.

Original review: March 19, 2021

This is the worst company ever. I sent in extra amounts on my mortgage payments and was told the amount would be place in a unapplied account. It wasn't. It was used to pay my escrow. Can't get any help from this company. The CSRs are useless and they never get a supervisor or manager involved. They lie all the time about fixing your problems and don't. This company should be out of business. I have no clue how Citimortgage sold them my account. Worst experience ever. One star is way too high.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Called in February 2021, agreed to the option of payments from COVID-19 forbearance put at end of loan. Was told to call back end of February to confirm underwriting approval. Called. They had charged off my account instead. Said they didn't understand why, but nothing they could do. Really?

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have two houses with different mortgage, but both under the Loan Administration management. They made a mistake to send wrong insurance (loan B money paid to loan A insurance ) in Dec, 2020, and they can NOT even correct till now. It's over 4 months, and I spent hours and hours to call, explained the problem to each CSR again and again, and every time I was told that'd be fixed in a few days. But it NEVER! Not able to talk to manager or supervisor, my phone just got shut off in the middle of waiting after I already spent 45 + minutes waiting, explaining, requesting, then NOTHING!!

I have talked to the insurance agent and insurance company, explained how the money was paid wrong. They got it, and they refunded the check. But the check was back to loan A, so Cenlar paid again!!!! I called insurance again, they refunded again, now the check is back to Loan A, which is wrong!!!! That money should go back to loan B, but just this simple action, I took weeks and months to call, to request, nobody doing anything! My house A got damage in Jan, luckily my insurance company picked up the repair cost. I don't know what going to happen if it was my house B?? Really frustration they can not fix the problem. Add to another level of problem, so they send me the tax form for house B, with the wrong insurance money!! That also screwed my Tax stuff, as house B is investment property, house A is my primary.

Most ironically, when I called them point out the problem, the CSR said it's insurance company mistake, they only paid the inv they received. That's totally **!! I checked the insurance invoice, it had my name, my property address, and the insurance policy number, all these point to loan B, not the loan A (only name is the same, other info are all different). Whoever took the invoice not even do a basic check, totally incapable to perform such a simply task!!! At the last, I do NOT even give them 1 star if the system allows to give 0 star!! They're the worst company I have ever dealt with, and I don't even know when my property insurance will be fixed!!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have contacted and spoke to customer service over a dozen times to request urgent documentation related to a pending refinancing transaction. Cenlar repeatedly responded late or not at all. When they do respond, they send out the wrong information. I have asked to speak to a supervisor each and every time but nobody returns my call. To add insult to injury, it takes almost an hour to get through to a live customer service agent. I had the same lack of results speaking to a "live chat" agent - who literally ended the chat mid conversation. I even tried the online messaging center. The answer is always the same - Cenlar sends out the information they choose - which is NOT what I asked for or need - or simply doesn't respond at all!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This story is like everyone else’s. No customer service, waiting hours on the phone for any type of assistance and no one knows anything. Citibank is responsible. First I’m going to the attorney general and then I am going to place as many ads as I can to get a class action against this company that is trying to swindle thousands of dollars from hard working people!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My home mortgage was sold/taken-over by Cenlar in February 2020. After making regular on time payments for nearly a year with additional partial payments twice monthly, in December 2020, the company returned 1 of my electronic bank drafts which was in excess of the required scheduled monthly payment. I called in January telephone and spoke with a company representative, I was informed that Cenlar would not accept any partial payments.

After explaining to that representative the payment for December as well as all previous ones had been made in full - that partial was and additional principal amount. He then restated the company position (as he understood it) and informed me that and concluded by saying they were a collection company. Could be reported to credited agencies. Refused my request to transferred to the manager. The representative rudeness resulted in my refinancing with another lender and loss of interest payments payments to Cenlar.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Due to Covid 19 I requested a forbearance for my mortgage and was approved. Only 1 payment was missed during this approved period and despite promises I could apply for a deferment, which I have had to do 3 times, I am harassed DAILY about a late payment. No answer to my request has been given and every representative gives different info. No managers can ever be reached, no calls are returned, and no information in writing is ever provided. Representatives are rude, ill trained and do not know how to handle simple requests. I would rather saw off a toe than deal with them another day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I am in the middle of applying for a new mortgage on an investment property and was informed by the lender that my previous mortgage company; Cenlar, reported my payment late in June 2020. [During this time I was on Covid forbearance and also transferred to PennyMac.] I called the number from the credit report, waited on hold for 56 minutes, and was told to send my bank statements and credit report to customerservice@loanadministration.com which I promptly did. I received an automated email back stating they could not assist me through email and to log onto their website and speak to a rep through their chat. I promptly did this. I was informed that they could not pull the email I sent and I would have to fax the documents.

I asked to speak to a manager and was then told they WERE able to pull the email with the documents. After reviewing the documents the rep stated it would take 60 days for them to review it and make the correction. I quickly explained that I did not have 60 days as I am currently in the middle of applying for another loan; and I asked to speak to a manager. The rep told me they could not give me a number to a manager. I asked again to speak to a manager, this time she said she would put in a request for a manager to call me back in 24 hours. No one ever called me.

I logged into the chat again today, had to speak to 3 different reps because they all kept closing the chat on me. I was told they were not able to help me through chat and I had to call 800-223-6527. I called and the rep was not even able to pull up my account. I was on hold for 30 minutes with this rep for her to tell me I needed to call **. I called the number, it asks you to put in your account number. It says it cannot find my account number and never gives an option to speak to a rep. Legally they cannot report your payment as late when you are on the Covid forbearance. This is costing not only myself but also my investment partner money.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information