Find a Loan Companies partner

Help me decide

cenlar.com

1.1/5 (717 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I have been a forced Cenlar customer since Citibank decided to sell their loans to Cenlar. Anytime I have needed information, their website, that looks good, is completely dysfunctional. Their document Center is always down and the quality of the customers service reps borders complete incompetence and no desire to help. They are closed on Sundays and apparently after 5:30pm PST during the week which is the phone message I get. I have made "17" calls in the last two months (8 in the last 7 days) just to try to get copies of my mtg statements as I'm refinancing again and I still do not have them. I have work with their chat function and finally got someone to respond who said he'd mail the statement (over a week ago) and I have still received nothing.

I called this morning to get ahold of someone and I was on the phone for just about 30 minutes until I had to hang up on the rep. He told me after ID'ing me 3 times, even after I WAS ID'D BY YOUR SYSTEM, that they could not email them to me but should have fax's them at which I replied why didn't that rep know that? I just closed another loan with Cenlar, at which they congratulated me and stated they would link my account to my profile... They did not and the rep could not find the mtg.

I am now refinancing again and cannot close without my mortgage statements. I asked for my new mortgage to be linked to my existing profile and the rep said "I cannot help you with that and you'll need to call back at another time??" Are you kidding me? You cannot handle that? Is there another number to call, a supervisor I can talk to??? He said no. In disgust I hung up. I have never experienced such incompetence and interest in helping. It's not the reps fault, per se, it's the company's.

I am escalating this to Gregory S Tornquist, their CEO because this insanity has to stop. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in my lifetime and I am a Director for a large Bank. I am refinancing all my loans and going elsewhere because this has cost me time, money and stress. Do not do business with this institution if you care about being served well from a company that should care about the quality of service they provide. Their systems do not work, they are not available when you need them and their reps are not well trained and often rude. They are simply God awful across the board but have customers trapped. I still do not have my statements although they said I would get them. I will miss closely my new loans on time because of them. The rep said he could not help any further. If simply getting statements to your c customers is a hardship for this company, you cannot trust them with the biggest debit you likely have.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Why is this company still allowed to do business anywhere in the US? What is Consumer Affairs doing against it? Are you reporting this company to the government? There is not one good review about them....Anyone here filling a lawsuit against Cenlar and Citibank. Citibank is as guilty as it is Cenlar. They should know by now that Cenlar is a crooked company....It is impossible to get on the phone with anyone, and if you are lucky to get someone on Chat, they take 5 minutes to respond to one simple question and if you ask them a hard question, like, "Where is my money," they just disconnect as it just happened with me right now....Anyone, any idea what should be done with this disgusting company?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have had the worst of experiences with the company. The company transferred my mortgage to Aflac star, a bank to which I have paid the entire mortgage. I have asked Cenlar, waiting more than 10 times for hours on the phone, to issue me a SIMPLE LETTER stating that I do not have any pending payments and that I am not in forbearance program. I have waiting three weeks for that letter (the letter require two lines) and no official has sent it; all the time (more than 10 representatives) they have indicated that I will receive it in 24 hours.

That communication is urgently required, but there are not even supervisors or managers who are capable of placing the order; all the time they tell me that they will call me back, but they have never complied. How complex is it to write a two-line letter considering CENLAR has all the information in its system? The letter we need because I am buying a new home.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

It has been a nightmare working with this company. Mistake after mistake. No supervisors are available to resolve anything. I have been hung up on many times, told lies at other times by highly untrained and misinformed staff. They are playing with our livelihoods. This can’t be legal. Who wants to join me in a class action suit? All the one star reviews must mean something is horribly wrong.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My Citibank HELOC servicing rights were sold to Cenlar. We were not happy. When we had storm damage the insurance co sent the check to us and Cenlar. We had to then send it to Cenlar to endorse so we could deposit. It was like dealing with a black hole!! Every rep had a different story. They lied and lied. Since the check was $57,000.00, they would only send $40,000.00 and then the remainder. Good luck with that! It took me 6 weeks to get the $40,000.00. And only after 2X a day calling during the 6 week time. Then they send an inspector. He came and saw 90% of the work was done and requested full balance to be released. They just told me only half that would be released and it would take a few weeks. The balance would be released after another inspection. They are awful.

Some of the write ups here talk about class action law suit. I agree. They should not be in this business. They want your money that's it! The reps that answer the phone are awful. They know nothing. They all lie. I considering seeking legal action against them. And I'm thinking of moving my loan or paying it off. It's small, I only used the money to update our bathrooms. I really regret having anything to do with Cenlar. Stay away or get out if you can.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Updated Review on 11/13/2020: Having Cenlar as my mortgage servicer was so painful! It took them 3 months, about 6-8 times of sending them the Budget Draft form via email and help from a customer service rep to get the program started. I started the process by filling out the form in June and it was finally started on 9/4 with the first payment.

In October, they sent me a letter that said they did not have my homeowner's insurance information on file. Alarmed because this is done at closing, and I know that the insurance company has their information as the servicer and will send them the declarations page for the policy. While the letter was mailed via USPS, they made 2 (yes 2) payments to the insurance company, yes the insurance company that they said they didn't have their information. Both payments made on 10/13 and 10/14 from my escrow account and both for $1958.99.

The next problem is because of the double insurance payments, they say that I am now $300 short on my escrow account and have raised my house payment to cover this. Of course, they sent the payment coupon/letter explaining the shortage, and according to the letter I am $398.00 short, not the $300 that I was told. My new payment according to this letter is $10 less than my original payment. But they raised my payment that is drafted out of my account.

After several calls and being told by the customer service reps that my payment has been stopped and that my last house payment was on 10/31. They both confirmed that no more payments will be taken out. Ok. So my next payment taken out on 11/13, even though I was told no more payments. In the process, they have received final payoff information and confirmed that they have received this information. Now I have to watch and wait a month to get back all of my money!! This has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Original Review: I sent in the form for bi-weekly payments, and it took 3 months for them to realize that they received my form. After calling 4-5 times and sending in the form approx. 8 times via the email address and the online portal, and Cenlar responding to the emails telling me that I needed to fill out the form (apparently they don't know what to do with an attachment), so they mailed me the form about 5 times. Geez! It was so painful and frustrating! Then I called them to let them know that my homeowner's insurance was not renewing in October, but in July, because they sent me an email that I needed to send them a form.

What?!?! A form - I have never had to do this before. So after calling them, I thought it was taken care of! Should have known that it would NOT be that simple! I have received 2 emails from Cenlar, that they not only paid my homeowner's insurance from my escrow account, that was NOT renewing, once but twice! Now, I have to call the insurance company and try to get the payment(s) back. This company is so unorganized, unprofessional, and the staff is NOT knowledgeable. Thankfully I am refinancing my home with another company and I have 3 weeks left with this horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

No surprise here: majority of reviews is one star, and it is too generous... Ever since Citibank transferred the servicing of our mortgage and HELOC to Cenlar, it is nothing but non stop trouble. Cenlar is "old fashioned" (in a bad sense organization) that doesn't care at all about their customers, and has unwritten policy to completely ignore any and all requests. Want to call them? Good luck: spend 30-50 mins on hold, and then never get a direct answer. Want to message them from website? Sure, go ahead. They never reply. Email them any request? Same thing, completely ignore.

We are refinancing through mortgage broker, and they tried to sort out their requirements for HELOC subordination. Well, after 5 phone calls and 9 email requests in last 4+ weeks, there is no response! It materially affects our timeline and probability to refinance within reasonable timeframe. Hence, Cenlar's complete lack of service costs us time and money, completely unacceptable! I've been Citigold customer for many years, and even my Citigold and Citi Mortgage managers are struggling to get us any response from Cenlar, time and again. We are running out of options, and looking for help. We never chose Cenlar for servicing our loans, and now we feel like hostages at the mercy of Cenlar.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

My insurance was non renewed so I bought new insurance through the CA Fair Plan. CENLAR refuses to accept it and refuses to tell me why. They are forcing to buy their insurance in addition to mine. They will not tell me why my insurance is unacceptable to them. In fact one of their letters to me indicated that if I call customer service I will talk to the company that does their forced insurance. Those representatives have no insensitive to help. They stonewall you and nothing gets solved because all they care about is taking as much money from you as they can get away with.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I refinanced my loan in December 2019 with Citibank and their loan servicer is Cenlar. What a horrific experience they have been after I refinanced with someone else in August 2020. It has been 60 days since my loan was refinanced and moved to another lender and I am still waiting on over $6500 in escrow funds to be mailed to me. They claim they sent the original check towards the end of August and it was returned to them (perhaps if they used certified mail this wouldn't happen). Now I'm waiting on the check to be sent again (as of October 6, 2020) after they told me two weeks ago it would be mailed by October 2, 2020.

To top it off they will not be paying me any interest for their illegal behavior so now I'm out at least 30 days of interest on $6500 that I could use to something else while they collect interest on my money. My next step will be hiring a lawyer to abide by the federal regulations regarding escrow payouts. I would recommend if the rate sounds good with Citibank to shop elsewhere because Cenlar services their loans and you are going to be in for a horrible experience with them from start to finish.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

After being on a 3-month forbearance as a result of COVID the process of getting off forbearance and even making a payment was impossible. YES. Impossible. They blocked my ability to make a payment via their website. I was told I would need to call to make payment moving forward. Well... I have been on hold now on Friday mid-morning for now 142 minutes and counting. Over a month ago I sent several emails to Cenlar via the website. Never received a response. The first time I did get through (VIA phone) I was told one thing about the monthly payment but the correspondence I've been receiving from Cenlar states my loan is not in default and foreclosure proceeding may begin. AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH CENLAR.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Every time I call, I am on hold for at least 45 minutes before I'm disconnected and have to call back to start the process over again. They consistently lost my insurance information and requested it several times, each time threatening to cancel my policies or replace with a more expensive policy. When I tried to close out my account and paid in full, they said I owed over $600 to reimburse them for a more expensive insurance policy they purchased, even though I had adequate insurance to begin with. Stay away from Cenlar!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

When I opened the Citi HELOC account, I was told there's maximum $500 early termination fee, and now they transferred my HELOC account to Cenlar, the rules completely changed. And my nightmare started. During my first re-finance, Cenlar asked 45 business days for their sub-ordination preparation. I had to submit $500 extension fee because of their delay.

Now it's my second re-finance, my loan officer suggest me to close the HELOC account, and I noticed that there's HUGE early termination fee (>$2000) showed in the pay-off statement. I tried to contact CENLAR for the itemization. I made more than 100 calls without any progress. I saw the reviews and now I completely understand why. CENLAR was cheating! They won't put itemization in the statement. Most important, CITI won't help you, they denied what they said. If you saw the post before you signed HELOC with CITI, you are lucky. Otherwise, you will be the next victim soon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have been dealing with this company for a year trying to get them to mail me monthly statements. Your whole time online is over an hour sometimes two. They lie to you. I have mailed documents that they asked for and they still don’t keep their end of the bargain. In order for you to speak to a supervisor you have to make an appointment. The appointment is 24 to 48 hours before the supervisor will call you back. Cenlar is the worst loan company there is out there.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Since Citibank transferred my mortgage and HELOC to this company, it has been horrible. Communicating with them is incredibly frustrating. Their website was incredibly cumbersome from the beginning and the new website is no better. The phone numbers on their website often do not work, which makes me wonder if they have internet phone service. A few months ago I reached someone after a long hold and I was surprised at how uninformed and unhelpful they were -- it was like they hired temps, no training at all!

In all the years I have had a mortgage and HELOC I have never been late with a payment. NEVER. But, if you pay after the 1st of the month, even if it is within the designated allowable time period, Cenlar calls to ask for payment. I schedule my payments in advance so although the calls were annoying, I ignored them. But now, they have gotten even more aggressive. Just this morning I receive four emails in a row from the company. Two were for my HELOC and mortgage, threatening credit collection, and the other two were to thank me for my payment! I just tried to find the two threatening emails but can't, so I either accidentally deleted them or they were recalled.

After receiving these emails, I tried to reach them via several different numbers, including the listed customer service number, but to no avail. As I have experienced before, it did not even connect!! Citibank has gone downhill in the last few years and their affiliation with Cenlar is dragging them down even further. I am planning to refinance in the next half year or so, not even because of the rate, but because Cenlar is so incredibly awful. I am also strongly considering moving from Citi and banking with a different institution. This would be after literally decades of using them -- yes, it has gotten THIS bad.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Extremely bad company with bad customer service and poor management. While I was affected by COVID 19 crisis they put on Authorized Federal Care Act FORBEARANCE program for 3 months. While being on FORBEARANCE program CENLAR maliciously, incompetently and negligently reported me as delinquent and late instead of being current and on forbearance program. This was absolutely horrific because my credit rating was outstanding and never been late with my commitments ever. They sabotaged my credit and would not respond and or apologize and or take any corrective action to resolve the issue. Please stay was from this company. They have no customer service and they lie and cheat. CENLAR has no customers or publics relations. They are hard to reach and do not respond responsibly.

I do not trust CENLAR as they will resolve this problem they have created for me as I have dealt with them before on other issues and they simply do not care and make false promise. Save yourself a lot of trouble and stay away from this horrific company. I believe CENLAR management has to be replaced as customer service and quality starts from the top.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Well, reading these reviews explains everything. We purchased a home in January and it was immediately sold to CENLAR. I'd never heard of them so I had no opinion. I started off paying an extra 200.00 in principal with each mortgage payment. Then I noticed, the full amount of the extra principal was not being applied. Instead it shows "other". No explanation, just "other". The payments are automatically made by my bank, on time, and the mortgage statement shows they were on time. So, I called the customer service number at 1877-909-6437.

After a ridiculous maze of automated questions, it finally allegedly connected me to a representative. Every time, all I have gotten is a fast busy signal. When I call, no one EVER answers the number. No one responds to the email messages. I got a "feeling" and decided to look at their reviews here. What a nightmare. The average rating is a "generous" one start. How can anyone be this bad and still be in business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

This company is worse than COVID-19. If you can somehow avoid this plague of a company do so. Avoid them like the plague. Terrible customer services, TERRIBLE!!!. BIG FAT ZERO STAR. Too many issues to list.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

The only reason I gave 1 star is because it was required to continue. In reality I would give them a severe sub-zero rating. Cenlar took over the servicing of our Citi Mortgage loan in March 2019. The January and February payments were made to Citi that year. The first statement received from Cenlar dated March 2019 indicated that the February payment was not made and past due. (Cenlar does not provide statements for the months of December - February).

My Dad fell behind one month, but caught it up - (not counting the payment that was never posted.) By August of 2019, they were sending pre-foreclosure letters. I was on the Mortgage until my bankruptcy when Citi still had the mortgage. I was going to try to get a mortgage to buy the house from my Dad in August 2019 when I learned that Cenlar decided to add themselves to my credit report as my mortgage company. (Totally illegal and against Federal Bankruptcy laws). The reason for this was because I contacted them and told them my name when trying to help my Dad get this issue resolved. A couple of months later they sent a letter indicating they erroneously added info to my credit report but had removed it. By this time my score had gone down and I could not apply for a mortgage.

We called Cenlar last week and were given an email to send the documentation of the payment made 18 months ago that was never posted to the account. After sending the email with the documentation to said email address, they responded by instructing us to send the correspondence through their website. So we submitted the letter, but they do not have the capability of uploading documents and the website instructs you to fax them. We do not have a fax, so I informed them that the documents were attached to the original email that the CSR originally instructed to send to. This was 7 days ago, there has been no response from Cenlar.

In addition to the non posting of payments, Cenlar has been taking money from the escrow account for "home inspection fees". The CSR said they send someone out to inspect the property and verify that it is occupied if we are not in touch with them. The property inspector leaves a card asking the occupant to contact Cenlar. We have never received such cards, and they took the money for these inspections when we were in contact with them! They have taken these "fees" numerous times with no explanations. We also learned that Cenlar has not reported any of my Dad's mortgage payments since July 2019. It seems that this company is more than interested in taking people's homes than servicing their loans. (Especially if the home is worth $200,00 or more than the balance).

Cenlar will not communicate with CitiMortgage, nor will Citi Mortgage communicate with Cenlar. They will tell you you have to contact the other entity. Fun Fact! Researching last week, I learned that Cenlar is owned by Citi. If you get stuck with this horribly malicious company, get away as fast as you can! By not reporting the mortgage payments that my dad has made, they have dwindled his credit score, so he doesn't even have the option to get a different loan. Say NO to Cenlar/CitiMortgage!!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I've called three times totaling more than 3 hours and 20 minutes of hold or talk time. I have also sent a message while logged in and emailed an email address I was given. I've talked to six different people and am still no closer to a solution. CENLAR misapplied automatic payments that I've been making for years for the last several months. They are now saying I'm delinquent and won't fix it. I've even sent them a spreadsheet explaining how to fix the issue. 40 minutes on hold and I'm no closer to a solution.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I don't know why this company is still in business. I never picked this company; CitiBank dumped its home mortgages on this company, and they are THE WORST. It should be a criminal offense to stick homeowners with such a company. CENLAR regularly gives incorrect and inconsistent information, adds all kinds of mysterious fees, and the phone representatives are outright rude - poor people are definitely ill-trained and probably traumatized by being cursed out daily due to their company's foolishness. The owner of this company should be put in jail.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Unfortunately we had no choice to end up with Cenlar. Our loan was sold before we made the first payment. The loan was made under my spouse and my names and Cenlar only listed myself. When we tried to get the other name as borrower added, we were told that we had to refinance to do so. After paying thousands of dollars one month prior in closing cost. They refused to add my spouse as co-borrower. I was transferred 6 times during one call and was told there nothing they could do but would transfer me to someone who could. I was on the phone for over an hour, including all the hold times. This is the most incompetent company that I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

STAY AWAY from this company!!! CitiMortgage sold the handling of my loan to CENLAR. May 2019, I had a balloon payment come due (approximately $10k). I reached out to CENLAR that I would not be able to make the payment (single mom and a teacher here) and they told me that I could apply for a modification. I immediately requested the paperwork. Completed the paperwork AND per the cover letter, I had the option to scan/email all documents. I made online payments for June/July but couldn’t for August.

When my August payment was blocked, I called to confirm that my paperwork was received... NOPE! The representative that I spoke to was VERY rude and talked down to me. Informed me that the 2 payments that I made were going to be reversed. That they couldn’t accept them. And that the paperwork I sent via email were never received and that I should have mailed/faxed them in. I did both! It took months for them to finally accept my application - I had to keep updating this and that.

In the meantime, they were reporting me as being late on my loan. It wasn’t until May 2020 that I received a notification letter that I didn’t qualify for a modification but that if I made 3 high payments (“trial payment period”) that they would reconsider a modification. I asked a representative what would happen after I made the payments and I was told “not sure”. Well, I made the payments. After payment #3, I was told, “Congratulations, you have been approved for a modification”. I was floored when I was told that I would have to continue making (too) high payments and pay the loan off in a year. I am stuck!!!

Looking into refinancing but due to CENLAR reporting me past due for over a year... I may have slim chances of getting a refinance or selling my current home/buying a new one. After reading other reviews, I see that I am not alone. So sad. Another review stated filing a class action suit - I will join. This is an awful company. Stay away!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I asked for a payoff statement of six months of payments. It included an administrative fee and a $200 recording fee and the principal balance. A usual personal check was tendered to make payment of the Outstanding Principal stated on the monthly Loan Statement and payoff statement. My check was cashed and the amount was not posted to Interest and Principal, but instead to a Suspended Funds account. I was informed that this payoff had to be in the form of a cashier's check. I also informed CENLAR I would not need the escrow account any longer which I set up to pay taxes four years ago. (26 years without an escrow account).

The account was zero. I did not include funds for escrow in the payoff check. The payoff amount expired and I continued to make the monthly payment without the escrow funds included. CENLAR would not accept the payment as it did not include the escrow for taxes. I paid the taxes due, and disputed the monthly billing amount. CENLAR sent my payoff money back three weeks later. Subsequently, CENLAR also paid the taxes and then billed for the negative escrow account. The County would not accept the payment of advanced taxes and sent it back to CENLAR. Letters ensued between us for six months, while phone discourse was impossible. CENLAR continued to bill for an escrow account.

A monthly property inspection fee was also posted for four months. Two non requested payoff statements were sent with additional administrative fees posted. When calling customer service, the call was transferred to the payment desk. Three times, when the payment desk transferred me to customer service, I was put on hold for fifteen minutes and transferred back to the payment desk. After twenty minutes, an announcement message came on to which I was to leave a message. CENLAR sent a letter indicating the loan was sent for foreclosure review.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Citibank turned over my equity and mortgage accounts to this horrible company. I have never missed a payment on either account within the 5 yrs. I noticed on my bill an appraisal fee of $410 which I never requested or had done. When I called to inquire I was given several outrageous reasons why it was there by mistake and then a day later told my property was in foreclosure with no explanation how or why. They gave me a bogus Lawyer number in PA who never answer or return calls. This company is a disaster! And I believe something very underhanded is going on to steal from homeowners. I have now been forced to obtain an attorney. I will also contact the media to expose them. Homeowners be very careful doing any business with Cenlar! They are guaranteed to be your worst nightmare!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Citi sold my home equity line of credit loan to CENLAR about a year ago. I paid off the balance recently and requested they close my account. The customer service rep told me there would be a recording fee of $43 and statement prep fee of $60. Fine. The papers arrived today with an additional fee of $1481 for a Corporate Advance fee! The asterisk next to it states that "itemization of these amounts is available upon request. Please call to request and itemization." Why isn't the itemization included in the statement? I am not paying it. Also, the first page states that this communication is from a debt collector... What?? Unfortunately, I received this on a Saturday and have to wait until Monday to deal with this.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Please please know you are not alone!!! This is a first time home buyer’s worst nightmare. Don’t deal with the company. They lie to you and hire attorneys that are as dirty as they are. When you call you get different answers and nobody ever tells you the same thing. I jumped through all their hoops and they aren’t interested in helping anything along in a positive forward motion. They want my house and they are coming to get it. The wolf is at the door. I can hear it howling. They don’t care what the hardship is. They don’t care your age or your profession. They are wolfs.

We the homeowners need to come together. For the hard working people who are literally desperately trying to find a solution. Like me. Like you. I have filed a complaint with The CFPB To submit a complaint, consumers can: Go online at **. Call the toll-free phone number at 1-855-411-CFPB (2372) or TTY/TDD phone number at 1-855-729-CFPB (2372). Fax the CFPB at 1-855-237-2392. Mail a letter to: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, P.O. Box 4503, Iowa City, Iowa 52244. Additionally, consumers can get clear, unbiased answers to their questions at Ask CFPB. PLEASE also reach out to me via email as I want a solution as you do if you found yourself here due to this company. Email **. “We the people are more powerful than the people in power.“ Rubia **.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

After months of miscommunications and significant process issues around doing a loan modification for our second mortgage when it came due, Cenlar refused to repeal negative late payments on our credit history. From executives to customer service representatives, this company is a disgrace to do business with. They give you the runaround, sending you to multiple phone numbers, email addresses, and message boxes -- never really addressing your needs or issues. After being forced into business with them as CitiMortgage transferred our second mortgage to Cenlar a couple of years ago, I have never seen a more disorganized, uncaring group of individuals from top to bottom of the company.

Specifically, we submitted paperwork to complete a loan modification in mid-November 2019. Cenlar never processed our paperwork, even though we followed all instructions. When we asked what had happened, they said they never received it, so we asked for the paperwork again in February and again in April 2020. We again, never received it. Finally, in April, we decided to pay off the mortgage with money from our 401K. After requesting the payoff information in April, we never received it. Finally, we received it in mid-May and paid off the loan.

The problem is that when we had the initial calls back in October with Cenlar, we were specifically told we had to pay off the loan in full and could no longer keep making payments on the loan as it was. We were told we had to do some kind of loan modification. This led us to believe we could and should no longer make payments. Unfortunately, due to their process gaps, errors, delays, and miscommunications, they reported 150+ days of late payments to the credit bureaus, to which we only found out about when pursuing a new mortgage.

After months of attempting to discuss the issues with Cenlar and getting routed and rerouted again through a series of unhelpful people, email addresses, and phone lines, we took the extreme step of Googling and researching Cenlar executives to which we appealed via direct emails. This led to them sending us to the Executive Resolution Line. Even they were poor communicators. The kicker is that they agreed that if we could show "process error" on their part led to the negative credit reporting that they would reverse it. They refused to provide any kind of "goodwill" adjustment even though they were clearly in part to blame for the situation and given the loan was paid off in full had nothing else to gain or lose.

The end result is that we have 5 months of late payments on our credit that they refuse to remove, which means that not only were we laid off during COVID only to find a new job, but now we can't move and accept the new job because we cannot secure a needed mortgage to relocate. This is how bad Cenlar is. They do not care about people or the ramifications of their processes on people. They do not care enough to take the time to listen to the hours of customer service phone calls or even realize that the serious communication issues led to this very illogical situation.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Cenlar has just sent us a fraudulent letter on Franklin American letterhead stating that our loan is in default. I contacted Franklin American. They apologized and said that Cenlar has somehow got access to their letterhead sending this fraudulent letter to a number of other people as well. Watch out for Cenlar!

Original review: July 31, 2020

My wife had to talk to them after waiting on hold a long time since a letter said you have to request a statement for final payment to pay off the loan. It has to be a certified check or electronic funds transfer (but online bill payment does not count). It is weird how you can pay the bill with online payment, unless it's the final payment.

Original review: July 20, 2020

If you can somehow manage to avoid this plague of a company do so. Every single aspect about them is terrible. Nothing I have done with them has been done so smoothly. Avoid them like the plague! I called customer service in order to pay 50/50 every month to ease the financial burden and the rep said I for some reason cannot do so. This is my third home purchased and have never had an issue prior to these guys. I called back and the second rep said, "Sure. No problem. We will send you a form to fill out." That was a nightmare too. I called them again and the third rep said he didn’t know of such a thing and I said that I’ve been doing so with other properties for years. When I called back, the other rep said I cannot split payment and that I simply need to pay more per month. These people are the worst. If I could give worse than a 1 star I would.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information