cenlar.com

3.8/5 (409 ratings)

About Cenlar Central Loan Administration

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cenlar Central Loan Administration?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This story is like everyone else’s. No customer service, waiting hours on the phone for any type of assistance and no one knows anything. Citibank is responsible. First I’m going to the attorney general and then I am going to place as many ads as I can to get a class action against this company that is trying to swindle thousands of dollars from hard working people!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My home mortgage was sold/taken-over by Cenlar in February 2020. After making regular on time payments for nearly a year with additional partial payments twice monthly, in December 2020, the company returned 1 of my electronic bank drafts which was in excess of the required scheduled monthly payment. I called in January telephone and spoke with a company representative, I was informed that Cenlar would not accept any partial payments.

After explaining to that representative the payment for December as well as all previous ones had been made in full - that partial was and additional principal amount. He then restated the company position (as he understood it) and informed me that and concluded by saying they were a collection company. Could be reported to credited agencies. Refused my request to transferred to the manager. The representative rudeness resulted in my refinancing with another lender and loss of interest payments payments to Cenlar.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Due to Covid 19 I requested a forbearance for my mortgage and was approved. Only 1 payment was missed during this approved period and despite promises I could apply for a deferment, which I have had to do 3 times, I am harassed DAILY about a late payment. No answer to my request has been given and every representative gives different info. No managers can ever be reached, no calls are returned, and no information in writing is ever provided. Representatives are rude, ill trained and do not know how to handle simple requests. I would rather saw off a toe than deal with them another day.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I am in the middle of applying for a new mortgage on an investment property and was informed by the lender that my previous mortgage company; Cenlar, reported my payment late in June 2020. [During this time I was on Covid forbearance and also transferred to PennyMac.] I called the number from the credit report, waited on hold for 56 minutes, and was told to send my bank statements and credit report to customerservice@loanadministration.com which I promptly did. I received an automated email back stating they could not assist me through email and to log onto their website and speak to a rep through their chat. I promptly did this. I was informed that they could not pull the email I sent and I would have to fax the documents.

I asked to speak to a manager and was then told they WERE able to pull the email with the documents. After reviewing the documents the rep stated it would take 60 days for them to review it and make the correction. I quickly explained that I did not have 60 days as I am currently in the middle of applying for another loan; and I asked to speak to a manager. The rep told me they could not give me a number to a manager. I asked again to speak to a manager, this time she said she would put in a request for a manager to call me back in 24 hours. No one ever called me.

I logged into the chat again today, had to speak to 3 different reps because they all kept closing the chat on me. I was told they were not able to help me through chat and I had to call 800-223-6527. I called and the rep was not even able to pull up my account. I was on hold for 30 minutes with this rep for her to tell me I needed to call **. I called the number, it asks you to put in your account number. It says it cannot find my account number and never gives an option to speak to a rep. Legally they cannot report your payment as late when you are on the Covid forbearance. This is costing not only myself but also my investment partner money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

It has only been since November/December 2020 that I've had a bad experience with this company. I don't know if something has changed within their department for such harassment to be occurring. Example: This December, I received an automated call on a Saturday that I need to take care of my December payment. The recording gave me an option to set up a payment arrangement, which I made for the following Friday. It made NO difference, I continued to receive calls almost every 20 minutes throughout the day. I called to find out if there was a possible glitch in their automated system and I reached a gentleman who was very nice, he apologized and said he would make a notation. That day and Sunday was fine---then come Monday, it started again with call after call after call...

I called again and spoke to a lady who was very nice and apologetic. She too said she would make a notation and said it was their automatic system. The rest of Monday was fine, but again come Tuesday, the calls kept coming. Bottom Line---It is ridiculous and misleading to offer an option whether it be via your automated system or via the Two (2) people I spoke with, because obviously it makes absolutely "No" difference because I was continued to be harassed. It is very disheartening. Again, I am not sure if there was all of a sudden some shake up within Cenlar's company to cause this type of harassment--but that is why I originally thought it was a malfunction in their automated system because for the most part, everyone I speak with at Cenlar seem nice and respectful.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Cenlar Loan Administration is Horrible Horrible Horrible. That is not subjective. However, the bigger issue is with the lenders/banks passing on their servicing shortcomings to Cenlar knowing they are terrible (In my case Citibank). Don't let your lender do the Pontius Pilate and wash their hands saying they no longer service the account and have nothing to do with maintaining the level of customer service care. Not only did they promise you at the time of account origination, and you expected, but as required by Mortgage Servicing Rules under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X). Hold your lender accountable as they ARE still accountable. File a complaint with CFPB. Easy to do online. They won't do much but enough complaints may accomplish something. Nothing you can do with Cenlar, they are just a mess. Period.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I pay my mortgage during the first week of the month. Cenlar has assured me that while they consider it "late," after the first of the month, it is not reported as such to credit bureaus until a payment is 30+ days late. Yet my credit report, which is otherwise excellent, shows 25 late payments! I am trying to refinance (not with Cenlar/Citi) and as a self-employed person, this can sink me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I didn't start through Cenlar, they just happened to buy my mortgage out. In October they did an escrow analysis to anticipate my next year's taxes, and my mortgage payment has now increased by $283 a month! When I bought this house in April, there were some back taxes owed on it from the previous owners. Those back taxes were paid at closing, but because they had been relieved onto my town tax bill it made the most current bill look much higher than normal. Because of that, someone in Cenlar's tax department that analyzes the escrow accounts used that figure to determine my next year's tax bill would be $2,317 for the year when in previous years they've never been over $700 for town tax.

NOBODY WILL FIX IT. They just keep telling me this is my new payment, $283 extra going out every month and I just have to suck it up. Any amount in escrow over what they pay out in taxes will be refunded of course, but in the meantime I have to come up with almost $300 extra every month for a mistake that nobody will admit they made. It's impossible to get through to anyone. They kept telling me to call my local tax authority, but when I spoke with the town I was informed the new tax bills won't come out until January.

The THIRD person I spoke with tried giving me a number to my local tax authority to pass me off again. The number she gave me went to the LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL. Then she said she had three numbers, so gave me the second number. The second number was MY BOYFRIEND'S CELL PHONE NUMBER. The third number was MY CELL PHONE NUMBER. If I'm the local tax authority then I do declare my taxes are not over two grand!

I finally got someone to order another analysis on my escrow and they were supposed to call me back with the results. Nobody called. I called them back and was told that there was "no significant change" to my escrow so my payment will remain the same. At almost $300 extra every single month. I demanded to talk to someone in the tax department and (of course) they don't talk to the homeonwers. I asked for a manager and was put on hold forever. Then I was told a manager would call me back within 24 hours. So I had to wait around for their convenience.

When they did finally call, I was in a telehealth appointment for my son and couldn't answer. They left a voice mail but didn't identify themselves. I called back, and was informed they'd order another manager phone call and I'd have to wait another 24 hours! I screamed at that point and they did put me through to a manager. Who basically told me this is my payment and I have to pay it. Doesn't care that it's wrong or that THEY MADE A MISTAKE, I'm the one who has to pay. Sucks to be me, there's nothing they can do. Or will do. I have to wait until the new tax bill comes out in January for them to see that it won't be over $2,000 and then MAYBE they will change it.

This is the most horribly inept company I have EVER had the displeasure of working with. I will be contacting my lawyer and shopping for a new mortgage servicer and trying to refinance through someone else because I will not give this awful company another penny if I can help it. Do not do business with them. They'll tell you you are your own local tax authority. If I could leave a negative rating, I would.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I recently took a loan which Cenlar administers. I registered on their portal and set my loan up for 'Autopay'. I could write a much longer email, but the short of it is: they sent me an email on 10/23 indicating Autopay was setup and ready to go. So, I assumed it so... Finally, today (12/14), I review my account and see that Autopay did NOT draft the November or December amounts... I immediately paid and then researched to find out why. On the website, buried at least 4 clicks down, and seemingly contradicting the email sent to me ('Account Management'/'Document Center'/'Other'/then find 2 messages - related to the setup (on 10/27) and the late payment notice) - I find a notice indicating December would be the 1st payment. Great. Thanks for burying this on the website and not sending it to me, but instead sent me an email on 10/23 indicating all was set up and active.

After being on hold all morning and speaking to 2 different personnel, I'm told that they don't think there's anything they can do regarding the late notice to the credit bureaus (but, I do have yet to contact their Credit Reporting department). I will try that, but believe that this situation should not have arisen in the 1st place - all they had to do was put that information (December start) on the email they sent me, like they did with the notice posted 4 clicks down on their self-service portal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

These people are horrible. First, I wait 2 hours to get on the phone with a rep to be told that they would be happy to help me and would email me the info I requested within 24 hours. 72 hours later we still haven't received our payment history. Their mortgage website doesn't allow for you to print off your payment history. I'm at the end of refinancing my mortgage and paying them off but For the life of me can't get anyone there to help. I wish I would have seen the reviews of this company before taking a mortgage with them 9 years ago

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Worst customer service! They changed my mortgage amount, again, without telling me why. They send a "short payment notice" letter after the payment was received as a partial payment and considered late. They don't reply to messages on their website. They don't answer question on their chat service, and disconnect without follow up emails. When I called for a physically address to send payments to they acted like it was such a hassle for them to give me the info. Their website changed once a year and required a whole new registration process each time, bad sign they don't know how to roll over their customers to a new platform. Worst customer service for the past 3 years my mortgage has been with them. If I had a choice I would bank with someone else.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I had NO ISSUES making bi-weekly payments to Citimortgage. Citi now has Cenlar handling payments. I added Cenlar as a bill-pay from my credit union checking account, to be paid every 2 weeks to them. Worked fine for about 2 months. Then I get a refund of my last payment, saying they don't accept drafts from banks or credit unions. So I filled out their paper to allow their bi-weekly payment program. That worked fine for 2 months, and then they stopped taking the payments out of my account. I logged into loanadministration.com to figure out what is going on, and the site says I am behind a full payment! I printed out my bank statement, showing all the payments I had made, and to show them that I was up-to-date with my payments. I pasted the bank transactions into an email on the loanadministration.com website, along with asking why my payment had not come out of my checking account. No reply from them...

So I've been on hold today (12/4/2020) for 15 minutes so far, only to have the rep tell me she doesn't know why my bi-weekly payments haven't been coming out, and that she sees where they had taken too much out of my checking a couple months ago. I told her, YEAH, I KNOW, I WAS OVERDRAWN! So now I've decided to simply go to the loanadmin page and pay when it is due. I don't trust them to take out payments from my account, which they haven't been anyway! Get it together people!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We are trying to pay off mortgage. We pay monthly via our Citibank eBanking account. We tried to use this or our ACH capabilities... BUT Cenlar requires a physical certified bank check. This requires us to go to a branch which is not recommended since we are elderly and immune system compromised. And, since Citibank closed our local branches, requires us to drive over an hour each way to get the check. Customer service took forever to respond and provided no help whatsoever.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

This company has been nothing but difficult to work with. I've never had a company make it so difficult to pay them money before. 90+ minutes on the phone and 5 transfers to other departments to try and get something resembling service. Their automated systems don't always recognize your key pad input. It's as if their desire is to make you angry enough to hang up. It's infuriating. Call your mortgage company and demand they never allow this Cenlar to have anything to do with your loan and if they do, refinance away from it immediately.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Customer service is nonexistent. I had ID theft and had to change my checking account. After I diligently changed my checking account and made a payment on their horrible website they defaulted to the previous checking account. Well, that account was closed and instead of calling or emailing me about late payments they sent letters to my box that I hardly check even though I’m PAPERLESS! Fees incurred and now credit affected. I’ve filed complaints and called several times spending hours on the phone (mainly on hold). I’m going to pay off this loan and will NEVER do business with them again. I’ll also continue my crusade to let others know. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I have been a forced Cenlar customer since Citibank decided to sell their loans to Cenlar. Anytime I have needed information, their website, that looks good, is completely dysfunctional. Their document Center is always down and the quality of the customers service reps borders complete incompetence and no desire to help. They are closed on Sundays and apparently after 5:30pm PST during the week which is the phone message I get. I have made "17" calls in the last two months (8 in the last 7 days) just to try to get copies of my mtg statements as I'm refinancing again and I still do not have them. I have work with their chat function and finally got someone to respond who said he'd mail the statement (over a week ago) and I have still received nothing.

I called this morning to get ahold of someone and I was on the phone for just about 30 minutes until I had to hang up on the rep. He told me after ID'ing me 3 times, even after I WAS ID'D BY YOUR SYSTEM, that they could not email them to me but should have fax's them at which I replied why didn't that rep know that? I just closed another loan with Cenlar, at which they congratulated me and stated they would link my account to my profile... They did not and the rep could not find the mtg.

I am now refinancing again and cannot close without my mortgage statements. I asked for my new mortgage to be linked to my existing profile and the rep said "I cannot help you with that and you'll need to call back at another time??" Are you kidding me? You cannot handle that? Is there another number to call, a supervisor I can talk to??? He said no. In disgust I hung up. I have never experienced such incompetence and interest in helping. It's not the reps fault, per se, it's the company's.

I am escalating this to Gregory S Tornquist, their CEO because this insanity has to stop. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in my lifetime and I am a Director for a large Bank. I am refinancing all my loans and going elsewhere because this has cost me time, money and stress. Do not do business with this institution if you care about being served well from a company that should care about the quality of service they provide. Their systems do not work, they are not available when you need them and their reps are not well trained and often rude. They are simply God awful across the board but have customers trapped. I still do not have my statements although they said I would get them. I will miss closely my new loans on time because of them. The rep said he could not help any further. If simply getting statements to your c customers is a hardship for this company, you cannot trust them with the biggest debit you likely have.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Why is this company still allowed to do business anywhere in the US? What is Consumer Affairs doing against it? Are you reporting this company to the government? There is not one good review about them....Anyone here filling a lawsuit against Cenlar and Citibank. Citibank is as guilty as it is Cenlar. They should know by now that Cenlar is a crooked company....It is impossible to get on the phone with anyone, and if you are lucky to get someone on Chat, they take 5 minutes to respond to one simple question and if you ask them a hard question, like, "Where is my money," they just disconnect as it just happened with me right now....Anyone, any idea what should be done with this disgusting company?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have had the worst of experiences with the company. The company transferred my mortgage to Aflac star, a bank to which I have paid the entire mortgage. I have asked Cenlar, waiting more than 10 times for hours on the phone, to issue me a SIMPLE LETTER stating that I do not have any pending payments and that I am not in forbearance program. I have waiting three weeks for that letter (the letter require two lines) and no official has sent it; all the time (more than 10 representatives) they have indicated that I will receive it in 24 hours.

That communication is urgently required, but there are not even supervisors or managers who are capable of placing the order; all the time they tell me that they will call me back, but they have never complied. How complex is it to write a two-line letter considering CENLAR has all the information in its system? The letter we need because I am buying a new home.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

It has been a nightmare working with this company. Mistake after mistake. No supervisors are available to resolve anything. I have been hung up on many times, told lies at other times by highly untrained and misinformed staff. They are playing with our livelihoods. This can’t be legal. Who wants to join me in a class action suit? All the one star reviews must mean something is horribly wrong.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My Citibank HELOC servicing rights were sold to Cenlar. We were not happy. When we had storm damage the insurance co sent the check to us and Cenlar. We had to then send it to Cenlar to endorse so we could deposit. It was like dealing with a black hole!! Every rep had a different story. They lied and lied. Since the check was $57,000.00, they would only send $40,000.00 and then the remainder. Good luck with that! It took me 6 weeks to get the $40,000.00. And only after 2X a day calling during the 6 week time. Then they send an inspector. He came and saw 90% of the work was done and requested full balance to be released. They just told me only half that would be released and it would take a few weeks. The balance would be released after another inspection. They are awful.

Some of the write ups here talk about class action law suit. I agree. They should not be in this business. They want your money that's it! The reps that answer the phone are awful. They know nothing. They all lie. I considering seeking legal action against them. And I'm thinking of moving my loan or paying it off. It's small, I only used the money to update our bathrooms. I really regret having anything to do with Cenlar. Stay away or get out if you can.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Updated Review on 11/13/2020: Having Cenlar as my mortgage servicer was so painful! It took them 3 months, about 6-8 times of sending them the Budget Draft form via email and help from a customer service rep to get the program started. I started the process by filling out the form in June and it was finally started on 9/4 with the first payment.

In October, they sent me a letter that said they did not have my homeowner's insurance information on file. Alarmed because this is done at closing, and I know that the insurance company has their information as the servicer and will send them the declarations page for the policy. While the letter was mailed via USPS, they made 2 (yes 2) payments to the insurance company, yes the insurance company that they said they didn't have their information. Both payments made on 10/13 and 10/14 from my escrow account and both for $1958.99.

The next problem is because of the double insurance payments, they say that I am now $300 short on my escrow account and have raised my house payment to cover this. Of course, they sent the payment coupon/letter explaining the shortage, and according to the letter I am $398.00 short, not the $300 that I was told. My new payment according to this letter is $10 less than my original payment. But they raised my payment that is drafted out of my account.

After several calls and being told by the customer service reps that my payment has been stopped and that my last house payment was on 10/31. They both confirmed that no more payments will be taken out. Ok. So my next payment taken out on 11/13, even though I was told no more payments. In the process, they have received final payoff information and confirmed that they have received this information. Now I have to watch and wait a month to get back all of my money!! This has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Original Review: I sent in the form for bi-weekly payments, and it took 3 months for them to realize that they received my form. After calling 4-5 times and sending in the form approx. 8 times via the email address and the online portal, and Cenlar responding to the emails telling me that I needed to fill out the form (apparently they don't know what to do with an attachment), so they mailed me the form about 5 times. Geez! It was so painful and frustrating! Then I called them to let them know that my homeowner's insurance was not renewing in October, but in July, because they sent me an email that I needed to send them a form.

What?!?! A form - I have never had to do this before. So after calling them, I thought it was taken care of! Should have known that it would NOT be that simple! I have received 2 emails from Cenlar, that they not only paid my homeowner's insurance from my escrow account, that was NOT renewing, once but twice! Now, I have to call the insurance company and try to get the payment(s) back. This company is so unorganized, unprofessional, and the staff is NOT knowledgeable. Thankfully I am refinancing my home with another company and I have 3 weeks left with this horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

No surprise here: majority of reviews is one star, and it is too generous... Ever since Citibank transferred the servicing of our mortgage and HELOC to Cenlar, it is nothing but non stop trouble. Cenlar is "old fashioned" (in a bad sense organization) that doesn't care at all about their customers, and has unwritten policy to completely ignore any and all requests. Want to call them? Good luck: spend 30-50 mins on hold, and then never get a direct answer. Want to message them from website? Sure, go ahead. They never reply. Email them any request? Same thing, completely ignore.

We are refinancing through mortgage broker, and they tried to sort out their requirements for HELOC subordination. Well, after 5 phone calls and 9 email requests in last 4+ weeks, there is no response! It materially affects our timeline and probability to refinance within reasonable timeframe. Hence, Cenlar's complete lack of service costs us time and money, completely unacceptable! I've been Citigold customer for many years, and even my Citigold and Citi Mortgage managers are struggling to get us any response from Cenlar, time and again. We are running out of options, and looking for help. We never chose Cenlar for servicing our loans, and now we feel like hostages at the mercy of Cenlar.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

My insurance was non renewed so I bought new insurance through the CA Fair Plan. CENLAR refuses to accept it and refuses to tell me why. They are forcing to buy their insurance in addition to mine. They will not tell me why my insurance is unacceptable to them. In fact one of their letters to me indicated that if I call customer service I will talk to the company that does their forced insurance. Those representatives have no insensitive to help. They stonewall you and nothing gets solved because all they care about is taking as much money from you as they can get away with.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I refinanced my loan in December 2019 with Citibank and their loan servicer is Cenlar. What a horrific experience they have been after I refinanced with someone else in August 2020. It has been 60 days since my loan was refinanced and moved to another lender and I am still waiting on over $6500 in escrow funds to be mailed to me. They claim they sent the original check towards the end of August and it was returned to them (perhaps if they used certified mail this wouldn't happen). Now I'm waiting on the check to be sent again (as of October 6, 2020) after they told me two weeks ago it would be mailed by October 2, 2020.

To top it off they will not be paying me any interest for their illegal behavior so now I'm out at least 30 days of interest on $6500 that I could use to something else while they collect interest on my money. My next step will be hiring a lawyer to abide by the federal regulations regarding escrow payouts. I would recommend if the rate sounds good with Citibank to shop elsewhere because Cenlar services their loans and you are going to be in for a horrible experience with them from start to finish.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

After being on a 3-month forbearance as a result of COVID the process of getting off forbearance and even making a payment was impossible. YES. Impossible. They blocked my ability to make a payment via their website. I was told I would need to call to make payment moving forward. Well... I have been on hold now on Friday mid-morning for now 142 minutes and counting. Over a month ago I sent several emails to Cenlar via the website. Never received a response. The first time I did get through (VIA phone) I was told one thing about the monthly payment but the correspondence I've been receiving from Cenlar states my loan is not in default and foreclosure proceeding may begin. AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH CENLAR.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Every time I call, I am on hold for at least 45 minutes before I'm disconnected and have to call back to start the process over again. They consistently lost my insurance information and requested it several times, each time threatening to cancel my policies or replace with a more expensive policy. When I tried to close out my account and paid in full, they said I owed over $600 to reimburse them for a more expensive insurance policy they purchased, even though I had adequate insurance to begin with. Stay away from Cenlar!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

When I opened the Citi HELOC account, I was told there's maximum $500 early termination fee, and now they transferred my HELOC account to Cenlar, the rules completely changed. And my nightmare started. During my first re-finance, Cenlar asked 45 business days for their sub-ordination preparation. I had to submit $500 extension fee because of their delay.

Now it's my second re-finance, my loan officer suggest me to close the HELOC account, and I noticed that there's HUGE early termination fee (>$2000) showed in the pay-off statement. I tried to contact CENLAR for the itemization. I made more than 100 calls without any progress. I saw the reviews and now I completely understand why. CENLAR was cheating! They won't put itemization in the statement. Most important, CITI won't help you, they denied what they said. If you saw the post before you signed HELOC with CITI, you are lucky. Otherwise, you will be the next victim soon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have been dealing with this company for a year trying to get them to mail me monthly statements. Your whole time online is over an hour sometimes two. They lie to you. I have mailed documents that they asked for and they still don’t keep their end of the bargain. In order for you to speak to a supervisor you have to make an appointment. The appointment is 24 to 48 hours before the supervisor will call you back. Cenlar is the worst loan company there is out there.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Since Citibank transferred my mortgage and HELOC to this company, it has been horrible. Communicating with them is incredibly frustrating. Their website was incredibly cumbersome from the beginning and the new website is no better. The phone numbers on their website often do not work, which makes me wonder if they have internet phone service. A few months ago I reached someone after a long hold and I was surprised at how uninformed and unhelpful they were -- it was like they hired temps, no training at all!

In all the years I have had a mortgage and HELOC I have never been late with a payment. NEVER. But, if you pay after the 1st of the month, even if it is within the designated allowable time period, Cenlar calls to ask for payment. I schedule my payments in advance so although the calls were annoying, I ignored them. But now, they have gotten even more aggressive. Just this morning I receive four emails in a row from the company. Two were for my HELOC and mortgage, threatening credit collection, and the other two were to thank me for my payment! I just tried to find the two threatening emails but can't, so I either accidentally deleted them or they were recalled.

After receiving these emails, I tried to reach them via several different numbers, including the listed customer service number, but to no avail. As I have experienced before, it did not even connect!! Citibank has gone downhill in the last few years and their affiliation with Cenlar is dragging them down even further. I am planning to refinance in the next half year or so, not even because of the rate, but because Cenlar is so incredibly awful. I am also strongly considering moving from Citi and banking with a different institution. This would be after literally decades of using them -- yes, it has gotten THIS bad.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Extremely bad company with bad customer service and poor management. While I was affected by COVID 19 crisis they put on Authorized Federal Care Act FORBEARANCE program for 3 months. While being on FORBEARANCE program CENLAR maliciously, incompetently and negligently reported me as delinquent and late instead of being current and on forbearance program. This was absolutely horrific because my credit rating was outstanding and never been late with my commitments ever. They sabotaged my credit and would not respond and or apologize and or take any corrective action to resolve the issue. Please stay was from this company. They have no customer service and they lie and cheat. CENLAR has no customers or publics relations. They are hard to reach and do not respond responsibly.

I do not trust CENLAR as they will resolve this problem they have created for me as I have dealt with them before on other issues and they simply do not care and make false promise. Save yourself a lot of trouble and stay away from this horrific company. I believe CENLAR management has to be replaced as customer service and quality starts from the top.

Cenlar Central Loan Administration Company Information