Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

17 CashPoint Title Loans Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2017

PLEASE DON'T GET A LOAN. THEY RIP YOU OFF. I got a loan because I needed to pay my water bill. I got $300 for my Impala in April. I made a payment in June and my father was in the hospital. The loan was in his name. I was 3 days late. They repossessed my car. Took it almost an 1 hr away. I haven't gotten yet but will in 1 day. I have to pay over $800 on a $300 loan. This should be against the law so please learn from my lesson. DON'T DO IT.

Original review: March 28, 2015

IT’S NOT WORTH IT! I know times are hard for everyone, but please ask a friend, make arrangements for bills. I used cash point a few times but always paid way over the loan. I took out a 1000 loan and paid 334 each moth for over 6 months. When I call to pay off the loan, I still had a balance of 1015. I was angry that all of my on time payments only went toward interest. I was going on vacation and decided to take out a 350 loan for some extra cash. I got the check and it got stuck in the ATM on the weekend. My bank was closed so I called and asked them to cancel that check and please issue another. No one could help me, they said "company policy". Okay, I understand it wasn't their fault, but I am a customer and have made every past payment on time and in full. The manager ** never personally called me as I was really upset I was leaving the country the next morning.

He just kept telling the cashier by phone "company policy". He didn't care I was a great customer, he did not try to help. He said I had to bring the check back to confirm it was actually stuck in the atm. Helllllooooooo??? How could I do that when I was leaving the country, and show a check that was stuck in the atm??? I told them I should not be charged daily interest when I never cancelled a check that got stuck in the atm. This caused me a lot of stress as I was hoping to use that money for my trip... a total waste. This put the nail in the coffin for me. Maybe it was a sign I shouldn't have taken out that loan as I had reservations about how they over charge for the loan in the first place. Keep your hard earned money in your pocket. This should be illegal.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I do not recommend anyone to take out a title loan. I took out a loan for $1000 but do not recall it being explained to me that the first six months is only interest payments. The representative did say try to pay more than what is required but I do not feel it was made clear to me that the payments set up for me to pay would not go toward the principal. I threw money away. I see how people can lose their cars to these companies because most people will have the amount they are requesting for the final payment. It is clearly a rip off. I paid the balance in full but was told that because I was not paying in cash, they had to hold my title for 30 days. I was told as soon as the loan was paid in full I would get my car title.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

All I can say is I debated on using cashpoint to help us pay a few bills this month because we had fallen behind due to my mother passing and I was not able to work for 3 wks. So I said let me check reviews first before I even call cashpoint, and THANK GOD I did! Of all the reviews I read NOT ONE was good! Matter of fact they were horrible, sounded like straight up nightmares!! Will not be using cashpoint thanks to the very descriptive reviews and would like to pray for those who were screwed over in their time of desperation and that things will hopefully get better for them. Also remember, KARMA is REAL and I believe the company owners, employees that are employed by cashpoint that are trained to be this way will also have to answer to karma!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I took out a loan with CashPoint on a car I paid outright for. It was for 800 dollars. My payments were 300 a month with no impact on the loan itself. I paid well over the 800. Because I was out on medical, my check was messed up. They knew this and said, "Give me what you got." I paid a little more than half my bill and they still towed my car. I lost my car to them. RIPOFF. DO NOT USE THEM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashPoint Title Loans?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I went to CashPoint on 6801 Richmond Highway, Alexandria Va on 12/3/14 and I was inside the office at their front desk for about 25 minutes and no one was there to help us. There was another lady in front of me who said... "I think they are helping me but they have been gone for a while now." So they were in the back office submitting other applications and even though they have cameras in the back, they did not even take a minute to let us know they would be back in a little bit or nothing. That office really sucks! Then, when they finally got to me and got my paperwork, they only offered me $300.00 loan for my van. Now, I know my van is not new, but I refused to take that money and went to another car loan company and I got $800.00 dollars. Now, what is wrong with this people???

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

What a scam!!! Had I known if I was only 10 days late on a payment (my last one mind you) that they would repo my car in the middle of the night and then make me pay the entire amount before my contract ended in order to get my car back I would have never borrowed from them. Oh yeah while they accept debit cards for payments they don't accept them for payoffs, which means that you need to drive there and pay them cash only otherwise your car sits in the repo man's lot (for an additional $25 per day on top of the $525 I'm being charged by the repo man)... Good news is that it won't sit there for long since they will sell your car after exactly 15 days...I learned my lesson...never borrow from cashpoint!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2013

In January 2013, I obtained a loan for 1,800. I'm self-employed and it was my "slow down" period for work. I finally paid off my account on this day, however, I want to share my payment history for those who might be considering using their service. I never missed a payment. Be aware that they charge a daily interest rate. This is why so many people have trouble paying back the loan. The interest payments far exceeded the loan that I obtained.

January 5 2013: obtained loan in the amount of $1,800.00
August payment: 398.85
September payment: 400.00
October payment: 600.00
October payment to payoff the account: $720.28

Grand total paid to them: $4,449.39 for a loan of $1,800.00. They racked up $2,649.39 in interest.

I didn't want to have to borrow money from family. But now that this experience is over, I should have. It would have cost me way less and less time to repay. So be aware before you take their money. It will cost you more in the long run. Thanks for reading about my experience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2013

Beware of this company. I had a major car repair over $400. I didn't make a full payment, $20 short. They will charge you a 5% late fee on the whole amount you owe, even though I paid $350 on time, trying to further cause you the lost of your vehicle. Avoid this company at all cost. They want you not to pay. They charge $10 day for high interest and would like you to lose your car. I will be paying them off no matter what it takes and telling everyone of the poor experience.

Original review: June 25, 2012

I got a title loan from CashPoint to move me and my children out of the hotel and into an apartment. I set up a payment arrangement with the lady. She said okay and she would see me on that specific date. I was never told or notified about the loan being in default. They came and got my truck in the middle of the night. This is **. They are unprofessional, liars - and they should honor their word. I cannot believe this at all. Why agree to this if you already had a plan to repossess it? Do not use this service.

CashPoint Title Loans Company Information