Bank of America Online Banking

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About Bank of America Online Banking

Bank of America (NMLS #399802) offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available both online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity line of credit, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Bank of America Online Banking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Online Banking?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I have multiple accounts, BOA, Schwab, 401k etc... I also have family I regularly send funds to. All of a sudden all my external accounts are gone and my option to transfer funds is not working. Accounts that I regularly use. Hours on hold. Hours getting no answer. On hold constantly. Can't even close my account because of a missing $3,000!!!! No one to explain where this money went. Transfer only has my name and no other details. No customer service to even answer the phone. On hold for half an hour after hours of useless online run around.

Original review: July 29, 2022

This bank is the worst in the world. I'm having several problems with my business account. When I deposit checks they hold my money for SEVERAL days. When I make a transfer through zelle they hold my transfer and do not transfer the money to the account. This is causing me a lot of problems. With this bank I just don't have free access to my own. Now I’m just trying to get a specialist on the phone and I’ve been transferred 4 times to 4 different people and no one can solve a SINGLE problem I'm having.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I made a purchase with a company called Rolling Cart for two planter boxes for a total of $97.80. The company never sent the items purchased and would not respond to emails. So I filed a dispute with Bank Of America which they gave me a temporary credit of $97.80. They then removed it on 26 April. They ruled in favor of the merchant by reason that I made the purchase which I did. However Bank of America does not provide the option of "Item not received" on their dispute page on their web site, If that option was available the ruling would have been in my favor and not the merchants.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I deposited a check few thousand dollar check from a customer made out to my business which is also my name as a dba. They flagged it as fraud, made my account -$888,888. Told me they opened an investigation and it could take a long time. Ultimately they called the issuing bank and customer got a call to verify. It wasn't that simple at first they needed to make a huge issue and put me through a nightmare. Just recently had a debit card transaction marked suspicious so they froze my account and I had to waste over an hour trying to reach a live person as that was all the only way it could be resolved. What a terrible experience dealing with this bank.

The only reason I still use them is because my mortgage come out of there. I my wife has used them forever so we have a joint account. I try to use it as little as possible. I do business with two other banks. One local and one national. Never had trouble with anyone but BofA. When I started paying myself by writing checks from business account they held the check for weeks because they thought it was suspicious that both signatures front and back were the same.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Spent over 1 hr. trying to access account. Hung up on when asked to speak to supervisor. Rude/sing song agent talking to me. Ordered debit card over 1 week ago and they have not sent card. Over 20 yrs with B of A, will be closing account soon as covid ends and they actually do customer service again. Ignorant untrained agents,

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Hello my name is Mrs. **. I been with Bank of America over ten years off and on almost like boyfriend thing. My bank accounts were closed on July 23 of 2021 for unknown reason. They have blackball me and now my money in limbo I received my disability benefits cause they decided to close my accounts for me and my son. I'm very angry cause I did nothing wrong to have my account closed and it unfair to me and my son that we have no money cause of their decisions. I'm missing about 1254 dollars and I want your people out there to stay away from banks like this. They don't care for the customers unless it involves them making and taking money from but if you fight for your money these are the results of it.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The banking app for mobile is pretty easy to navigate except the removal of my keeping myself logged in the minute it see my face then it logs me back in. I am still trying to remove this but so far I haven't figured it out.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The website is very slow. Doesn't work properly. When you try to go back, It logs you out. It lets you save your log-in and password which is a bad thing. Log and open the computer and log into your banking.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I like this bank. It’s OK just where I get my child support from. It’s nice being nice for your phone. They are better than other banks. Stay secure and I have answer questions that need to be answer right away. They help with their customers and they’re really awesome people on

Original review: June 11, 2021

BoA's online banking service is overall top notch and very user friendly. Easy to navigate, very informative in terms of all the banking menus in one place and most of all very safe with multiple layers of login confirmations to make sure no unauthorized access happens. I feel safe using their service.

Bank of America Online Banking Company Information