3.34/5

Bank of America Online Banking

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

180 Bank of America Online Banking Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

They illegally removed funds from my account because someone with the same name in San Diego had a traffic ticket. When you are on Social Security or VA disability it is against the law to attach funds unless the account balance is over $6,000 dollars but they just cared about stealing their $125 fee for breaking the law. Never do business with these people. They steal from their customers and I never got my money back from them for that "fee" which was almost 15% of what I was getting to live on each month. I moved my money to the local credit union and they didn't rip me off when the state tried to do it again before I could get the matter fixed. Since I finally got on VA disability I still bank with the credit union but also at Ally where I get a much better interest rate as well with NO FEES from either bank!

Original review: May 3, 2019

They never corrected problems after multiple calls. I opened another acct and must get checks sent to another bank because they cannot do a simple job. They made a savings into a checking with same number as my real checking with an extra zero... Well they take bill pay and pay out of both. They had three accounts set up and was taking $8 month out of an account I never ended up opening, no check or debit card.

My son was doing bill pay when my spouse passed and I did not notice. However I had called about making out savings back to just that. Well, now that I am past the mourning and looking, calling they are funding both accounts, transferring funds and when my checking has over a grand I got a $35 fee because they are putting in and paying WHAT THEY NOW CALL MY SAVINGS BUT MONEY FOR BILLS COMING OUT OF BOTH.. I am disabled and they left my town, I did not go to get a plaque as felt I would get better so going the two towns over and walking not an option. FOUND A PLACE and pray after waiting they will DO WHAT THEY SAY, FINALLY!!! Shame on them!

Get expert buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

On March 2, 2019, I tried to send $2500 to my mother, who is also a Bank of America customer, using the Bank of America App. I typed in her full name and mobile phone number that she's been using for decades in the integrated Zelle money transfer system and hit "send." My mother told me she didn't get it, and my first thought was that my mom, wasn't being very tech savvy. Eventually, after a couple of days, I realized it really didn't get to her account.

When I called Bank of America's customer service support, I learned that the $2500 had been transferred to a Well Fargo bank account, whose owner had registered the same phone number my mother used. Bank of America said they will file a fraud claim, and after a couple of weeks, I received a notice in the mail saying " Our records indicate that we initiated the transfer in accordance with your instructions. As a result, your account will not be credited for this claim."

My mother called Well Fargo to see if somehow someone used her information to open an account there. After giving her full name and SSN, the Well Fargo customer rep informed her that there was no account opened in her name. I reached out to the claims department multiple times and they informed me that there was nothing they could do to retrieve the funds. My only option is to reach out to a lawyer to handle this situation.

This is so shocking and frustrating. How can a huge respectable bank such as BoA be sloppy with my money? I've been a BoA customer for 11 years and the level of cooperation I received is saddening. I am shocked to realize that the bank has minimal fraud-detection controls for Zelle and would like to warn everyone that uses their app to be aware.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Their app will not remember password. I have over a hundred apps and a hundred webpage passwords. You can't expect people to remember all of them. Why is Bank of America think they're so special? Help desk was no help at all. They knew nothing about the mobile app.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased a car last year and it went through BOA; Long story short, I had some financial hiccups that happened that made me fall behind on my car payments. I bought a 2017 Honda Civic for around 23,000. I called in to see how to catch things up and was directed to keep making payment weekly to get back on track. I started bringing in payments to a branch every week and later wanted to pay a full payment to really get caught up; well I call in one day and ask to make a 400 dollar payment over the phone and the lady said, "Ok..." and then she says, "Uh hold on." She later comes back on the line and tells me my car is scheduled for a repossession. Wow really, so why was I making all of these payments if my car was being repossessed.

Well by then I'm flipping because I really needed my car and she said there was nothing for her to do to stop it, unless I paid 775. I said, "Ok. I'll figure it out" and went from there. I of course did not have all of it right then and called back to speak to a manager over her; after speaking with her she tells me as long as you pay 400 tomorrow, and 220 the next day, then you will owe only 167 to get fully caught up; I agreed to this and done what she told me to do-I even had my boyfriend on the line to witness this. We were to pay the remaining 150ish dollars the following Friday. Ok so after the first two payments I was told that everything was fine by the manager and just to remember to make this payment... I get up for work a couple of days later and my car is gone.

Another fast forward; I called and they said of course..."Nothing we can do" and I now not only the remaining 150ish, but that month's bill as well with a 500 impound charge rounding up to about 1100 to get out of the impound, and If I do not get it out before the next bill, then yeah you guessed it another month's fee added on with a 1500 ticket to release my car. Did I mention all the money I have invested has not really come off the car either... very overpriced. So after all of this I wasted my money and they are going to charge me on top of that a negative equity, which means I will owe them 6000 plus what they do not get off the auction. I will never do business with these liars again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I made a payment on my account 2 weeks before my bill was due. On my due date they took out the full statement balance, including my first payment, even though my preferences are to take out the amount due. When I called BOA, I was on hold for 40 minutes before someone answered. The woman from Atlanta who answered had the biggest attitude, telling me I should try calling the companies that I made payments to. She had no idea what I was asking. When I asked to speak to a manager, she went silent for 5 minutes, without even responding to say "ok". After the 20th time I said "hello?" she finally said "I'm transferring you", I then had silence on the phone for another 10 minutes before music began playing signifying that I was on hold.

The manager was more helpful, but had no idea what the difference between "amount due" and "statement balance" was, and had no idea how to help me so that this would not happen again in the future. She offered me a refund of my original payment, as I was overpaying, but then decided that she could no longer give me a refund, despite the fact that I already overpaid! She said she had to wait until the second payment was posted, as she could not give me money that did not yet come out of my account. So now I have to spend another hour calling back, despite the fact that my original payment posted weeks ago!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

After having a transaction flagged (a transfer of funds from my account to my daughter's account to pay her rent) the transaction was deemed fraudulent. When I contacted both online banking and the fraud department I was informed I was not who I claimed to be and that the transaction was fraudulent. The bank then put my account on hold and informed me that I would need to present two forms of government ID to have my account reinstated. The rudeness of Aisha and her supervisor Marcus was incomprehensible. The only fraud way B of A treating their clients this way. When I do go to the bank it will only be to close my account.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I've been on hold for over 30 minutes now. Their callback service has some sort of internal error and their ads have already annoyed me. So here I am, still waiting and writing a bad review just because I can't focus on any other tasks while I am on hold. Holding. Holding. Holding...

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Recently BoA made changes to their mobile App, which was working fine before the changes. My complaints: 1 - Under bill pay, instead of using the account name they are using the nickname. I suppose someone thought that this was cute - but it's not! 2 - When using the bill module to pay a bill, you no longer have access to the calendar. So if your payment falls on a nonbanking day, the app is useless as you cannot change the date.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I made a one-time payment to Bank of America, and they processed a subsequent charge without my permission. This resulted in insufficient funds charge plus additional charges on their end. Then when I tried to call to speak with a representative, the recording never transferred me to anyone, just kept me on hold. That money was essentially stolen, since I never gave permission for them to access that account again. I should be refunded any charges incurred by this fraud.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

PLEASE avoid this bank if possible!!! Awful customer service. Waiting time more than 45 minutes! Very very bad online access. Falsely advertised "EASY access online"- just disaster! Everything done to get more inconvenient and customer NON-FRIENDLY! HUGE disappointment...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I created a BofA account online on 12/4/18, and received notification via email that I was approved that same day. On 12/5/18 they emailed me to say my debit card had been mailed and would arrive soon. Then today, 12/13/18, I received a letter dated 12/6/18 saying the account had been closed. Here's some of what the letter said: "We've made the decision to close your deposit account ending in **. You no longer have access to online banking services. Our decision to close your account is final and you won't be able to open a checking or savings account with us in the future." There was no explanation given in the letter, and it doesn't make sense that they would approve me and issue a debit card but then close my account two days later before I have ever even used my account.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am a "valued customer" with BoA since 25 years doing business from overseas mostly. Whenever trying to get access to my account online I have to try for hours if not days to get thru as regularly I get a screen just saying: "This site doesn't work" or else of the same content whatever I try. Alternatively, when trying to get thru on phone, their 1-800 phone number doesn`t help either from overseas, you ordinarily spend at least 20 minutes waiting until eventually connected, answering the same "security" questions at least 3 times, and finally get nowhere with this and paying some 10-20 $ for this phone call! To me this is actually the worst bank I´ve ever been with: They do excel in inefficiency and are WORLD CHAMPIONS in pissing off their "valued " customers! Besides, they heightened their fees considerably during the past years for NO additional value to customers in return.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Between the wife and myself we have 3 Bank of America accounts. Soon it will be zero. Our experience was with paying a credit card bill online. Our bill was due on a Sunday and we were at a funeral. I paid the bill Monday morning online. Eight hours after it was due. We opened our statement to a 28.50 late fee. When I called to complain I was told by a service representative there was nothing she could do. I requested her supervisor or manager. 20 minutes later on hold the person picked up the call. I repeated the situation to the supervisor who promptly told me, "We do not give back fees!" Our credit rating is in the top 5%, our spending on their credit cards provides the bank way more in fees and interest for their pockets than this late fee. Not anymore! Our cards are being paid off and accounts closed. The arrogant attitude of their customer service center was enough for we to cancel all business with this bank. Goodbye!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

What happened? How Bank of America didn't protect my money or secure my bank account. Apparently I was spam bombed with a few thousand emails. This started on Oct 9th and has continued to present. I did research and discovered that spam bombing is used to cover up financial attacks so on Oct 18th I changed all my passwords to all my accounts. However little did I realize that earlier someone had according to Bank of America logged into a: "trusted device" and transferred $ 7580.00 to a Sedrick **. Never heard of this person. Somehow the hackers managed to change my bank profile settings and enroll their telephone and sign up for safe pass which allows someone to transfer more than $ 5000.00. At no time did I ever get a warning or a text from BofA.

I have had this business account for over 20 years and have NEVER done a transfer like this. Red flags, Nothing. On Oct 22 I discovered the theft and filed a claim with B of A. 2 days later Nancy ** in the fraud investigation department emailed me a letter stating my claim was denied because it was on a trusted device. In spite of repeated attempts Bank of America never supplied me with any information about devices or routing numbers of where the money went to. I am unable to file an FBI report because Bank of America has not been stonewalling me. They told me they were trying to recover the money from Wells Fargo but on the other hand stated they never actually spoke with anyone at Wells Fargo. So I am now out $ 7580.00. Bank of America completely failed to protect me, failed to honor their if you’re a victim of fraud you’re not responsible.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

It's confusing to set up a recurring payment plan on BOA's website. You'll have to go into e-Bills instead of "Recurring Payment". The confusion caused me a late fee. What's worse is that BOA would refuse to work with customers in that situation. When I shared my frustration, the agent and the manager claimed that their website has received multiple awards therefore my experience is just one isolated case. I ended up closing the account, and they were happy to assist you with that without much resistance. I feel they did not appreciate the feedback of the customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I made a transfer from the Bank of America website. It was an external transfer from US Bank to my checking account in Bank of America. BOFA withdrew $1000 from my US Bank account but never deposited in my BOFA account. It has been 3 weeks already with no resolution and every time that I call them, is like I never called before. There is no other word for this, they stole my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was having funds transfer from BofA to my BofA account via Zelle Pay. The money was sent to a closed account at US Bank in June. This was rent that was being paid to me. I have been going back and forth with BofA, Zelle Pay and US Bank. BofA tells me, "Too bad. Zelle Pay is 3rd party and read the small print." Zelle Pay will not respond to anything I send them. BofA forces you to use Zelle Pay yet they don't back it. I had to file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection. They closed my complaint with BofA because BofA says they are not responsible for Zelle Pay. I got a answer from US Bank on my complaint. US Bank said the funds was sent back to BofA the day after they received the funds stating account was closed.

US Bank said they reached out to BofA but they still have not responded to US Bank. This was payment for rent. This is 910.00 that has been missing since June 6, 2018. I still cannot get anywhere with BofA. Very bad customer service. The person that was transferring to my account cannot get anywhere with them either. She went into the bank and called and filed a written complaint. She received a letter saying, "Too bad. You transferred from a 3rd party. So they can just take your money and you can't do anything about it." We are filing another complaint with BofA showing them that US Bank said they sent the funds back to BofA. I doubt we will get anywhere.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I opened my online banking account with Bank of America online banking about a week ago. I got a cash advance deposited in to my account of $200.00. Once I got a email saying my bank debit card is in the mail so I figured everything was good. I linked my account to a few bills I had to pay. So after it left me with a balance of $80.00 dollars. When I received my bank card I call to activate it and it was not allowing me to activate the card. I called customer service and they told me my account was closed yesterday because I did not give them proof of my identity and I told them I never got a email or a call saying I had to show proof of identification. How was I to know that this was needed. I would not of had a problem showing proof of my identity but how am I to know these things if they dont tell me. I thought everything was good. They accepted my loan I got from a cash advance. They accepted the money without proof of identity.

They sent me a debit card without proof of identity. I dont understand. So the customer service lady told me to go in the bank and show proof of identity. So I went into Bank of America showed them identification and told them my problem. They said they couldnt help me. All they can do is call the online banking for me so I can talk to them. So I had them call the online Bank of America and again I told them my issue and they said for me to show my two forms of i.d. to the bank lady since I was at the bank and for me to open a account right there. They said they couldnt reopen my account and I was like so now my bills are going to bounce and now I'm going to have to pay extra on my bills because they want to close my account. Thats not fair.

The lady I talked to inside the bank of America told me my account is negative 120.00 dollars. How is that possible when I had a balance of $80.00? I got so upset my eyes got watery. I didnt want to cry in front of everyone so I hung up the phone and walked out the bank. I cant believe this is happening. I needed that 80.00 I had on my card to buy food for my kids and now they want to steal my money bounce my money I sent to pay my bills. And no one can do anything about it. I dont understand how they can get away with doing hardworking people with bills to pay and kids to feed wrong like this. This online banking with Bank of America is a joke or should I say a fraud.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

BoA gave $1000 out of my personal checking/debit account to another customer on June 13 2018. Today is September 6 2018, I tried to stop the transaction when pending being told it was a check. I went to the police and told to get copy of check. I went back to branch by bank. It will take a week. Never heard from bank so I went back. Now told it was a debit card, made to believe that it was my personal card which I knew it wasn't. Went back to police and told it is now a debit transaction and told to find out if it was my personal debit used. I Went to bank. Told the debit card use didn't match the account withdrawal from. Then told by police the teller made an error and I have to pursue BoA.

The bank manager and I called BoA fraud department a few times together. Both not understand what is going on. Is BoA too big to follow Regulation E, their own police, to get their story straight. It months... no money returned on a teller error. Shame on you. Next move for me is the local news and taking them to court for damages. What fraud. It happened in the bank with cameras all over, without me in the bank. This bank is too big to care about customers. Does BoA fraud department get a commission for screwing us. Your greed after a teller error and blaming me is arbitrary and capricious. Again shame on you. Maybe the bank will let the investigator reporter of Channel 4 cover this in the bank live. I hope is.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Recently Bank of America decided to send 5 of my BillPay payments early on Thursday night, rather than on the 1st of the month which is when I have them set up to go out. My deposits come on the first to offset these bills. The money came on the day expected but since the bank decided to send out the bills 2 nights earlier as the 1st was Saturday they overdrew the account. When these bills, that were not supposed to leave my account early, posted on Friday the funds had not yet been posted so they charged a fee of $35 each. Why does the bank have a policy of sending payments before the customer wants them out as if the customers are idiots not to be trusted in deciding when they wish their money to leave the bank? These fees caused a domino effect overdrawing the account and the bank refuses to reverse them.

Resolution response: July 31, 2018

I was given the wrong routing number. Once I was given the correct routing number the transactions went through.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am a Platinum Preferred Member of Bank of America. I happily set up payments to pay off 13 credit card accounts using my routing number and checking account for some of the transactions and my debit card for some. After a few days of being thrilled to have paid off all of our debt I received a notification that a pay off I had made to Amazon was returned. I then checked my account and see that 9 of the payments I made still hadn't been paid. I had called BOA as I was making the payments to let them know what I was doing but somehow they never paid nine of the thirteen payoffs. I then checked and one by one the credit card companies are going from showing a 0.00 balance back up to the thousands I was paying off plus late fees.

I used the correct info and have confirmation numbers and had the funds to cover the payments but BOA just didn't pay any of the nine transactions I made. It caused me damages and when I called them they just said they don't see the transactions and it's up to the merchant to provide proof. The merchants just say sorry. BOA says they can't find the account. But don't show where they asked it to come from. It was all recorded though. Why record it if they can't provide it as proof of the account I entered? What a scam.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was a loyal customer for BOA and their mobile application really sucks. I didn’t found a way to setup auto payment or set payment reminders. I would have wasted my time to do research on their stupid mobile application. This has incurred late payment couple of times and I made payment next date after due date. Customer care really don’t care about their customers and they said we cannot waive off. I terminated my account immediately. Even they did not increase my credit limit for being loyal. After terminating I immediately applied in Citibank and I got very high credit line. I will not recommend BoA bank to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We bought a house in September and at that time I scheduled the mortgage payment of $1,857.980 to go directly at the end of each month (I scheduled it to go out the 29th, and indefinitely “until I stop it”). It was due the first, with about a week grace period. Everything went along swimmingly until I got a call the end of June from the mortgage company. They were telling me they didn’t get the June payment. I owed $47.02 in late fees. I checked, and sure enough, the check didn’t go out. My husband went to the bank and they told him I had logged in and changed it. NO I DIDN’T. In fact, when I went on to see what had happened I couldn’t even FIND where to go change or edit anything. They’ve made it so much more complicated.

Well I quickly scheduled a payment through BillPay. Then that very day a few hours later my husband received a call from the mortgage company telling him the payment was late. When he told the gal his wife had scheduled it, she said, ‘It won’t get here in time to stay off your credit record’. She told us we needed to go create an account on their website and pay directly. So I did that, knowing that since I’d just scheduled the payment with BofA on the 26th to go out the 29th, I could CANCEL it. So I made the payment online with the mortgage company. Then when I logged onto BofA to cancel the payment, it was not doable. They didn’t have a “cancel” or “edit” button on the scheduled payment. I called. The lady told me it was too late. TOO LATE??? She told me I had to call back the next day and put a stop payment. WHAT???

So my husband and I went to the bank the next day and they put a stop payment, but told us to call the mortgage company to let them know. Really?? Well, we called, and the lady at the mortgage company said, “Nope, when we get the check, we’ll process it.” Quite unhappy, but our hands tied, we thought… Well the bank won’t cash it. There’s a stop payment on it. NOPE. WRONG. They cashed it. The mortgage company put it towards JULY. They put the additional $47.02 ‘penalty’ towards “principal” in August. Fearing I had another payment already going out for July I looked it up at BofA. It appears that the next payment goes out 7/27/2018 and will be for August. I THINK all is well. But what a HUGE headache and waste of our time and all because the BANK screwed up our account. (And then lied saying I’d gone in and changed something...).

Original review: June 5, 2018

Every few months I get an email stating that my debit card "may have" been compromised by an "UNDISCLOSED VENDOR". BULL!!! If chip technology is so secure, and I only use the chip and if a vendor doesn't have chip, I pay cash, then why am I still getting this - and why doesn't Bank of America contact their clients directly, prior to doing this to actually determine if it was compromised and by which vendor. Do you know what a pain in the ** it is to change out my card number with all my online payments - this is beyond ridiculous. I want to know what banking institution this doesn't happen with on a regular basis.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have only had this new BofA card (Alaskan Airlines) for a few months. I rely on my notifications to pay cards during the month. On this particular card and most, I pay much more than minimum and even will make more than one payment per month. I paid the end of March for my April payment via app. I then did not get a notification until May saying it’s delinquent and my credit line is lowered. Long story short I didn’t get a notice of due (my problem to keep track I know) and then the early payment for April didn’t count as April, but rather a March payment. So bam... 131 point drop of Equifax score. I have been on time and monitor credit closely. Years of on time payments to get my credit up and this is going to screw me. I called BofA and they do not care. Thanks a lot perfect people.

Original review: May 10, 2018

On Saturday 5/5/18 ~9 pm EST: I went online to view my account balances: 1 personal joint; 1 business checking. The business checking showed a balance of $6.14, no pending debits of any sort. I transferred in $171.97 from personal checking to business checking (to serve as origination account for an inter-bank transfer, for a credit card payment). On the following Monday 5/7/18, when Bank of America reconciles weekend transactions, there was an additional account maintenance fee of $14, which was dated 5/1/18, but did not show when I logged on the evening of 5/5/18 as assessed or pending, which would have made the account negative <$7.86> if it had posted as subsequently dated.

The Bank of America CSR and Supervisor defended that the online banking account balance would have shown the correct negative balance online on 5/518; yet when asked could they see when (date & time) I made the transfers between accounts (~9 pm 5/5/18), they both said they could only see the "Posting Date" of 5/7/18. Monday 5/7/18 as all weekend transactions were reconciled, this dated 5/1/18 $14 account maintenance fee presents, and of course is paid before the transfer between banks, causing an NSF charge of $35... I received an email notification of the NSF on Wednesday 5/9/18. Selectively not including the calls made to the other Bank to reconcile this issue. Bank of America did refund the $35 NSF. This issue is the lack of reliability of Online Banking balances and transactions displayed.

Common Sense factor: If anyone was moving money from one account to another, with known planned spend/transfer out intentions to occur immediately afterwards, it would not make sense not to accommodate a known negative balance to add to transferred in monies, to mitigate against failure of the intended spend and purposefully accruing fees of $35, by ignoring an easily reconcilable negative balance of $7 by transferring more money into the account.

My Complaint is: 1) Bank of America should disclose that Online Banking - Account Balances may not reflect all known assessed or pending fee posts/debits, and not to rely on available balances shown as credible references for account spend activities; especially from 6 pm on Friday till after weekend reconciliations begin at 11:59 PM on weekend following Mondays. And advise customers to take screenshots of available balances during weekends to mitigate any dispute reconciliations.

2) Bank of America need be more transparent in displaying transaction (date & time) in addition to debit posting (date and time). Considering the CSR and Manager I spoke with could not see I made my transfer on Sat. 5/5/18, only when it posted on 5/7/18; then how can they confidently say a fee dated for 5/1/18 had actually also posted at that time? Rhetorical question, used to illustrate the gaps in between a transaction date, and a posting date can be manipulated to advantage/disadvantage.

3) Bank of America when allocating monies for debits and fees, subtracting fees first (e.g. monthly account maintenance) knowingly then causing additional NSF charges is manipulating the order of payments to increase profitability by favorably setting sequence of transaction such that it maximizes the opportunity to assess fees, which are pure profits.

I understand I should have and will establish overdrafts protections, and should also leave more buffers in accounts to mitigate against these events. That being said and known, does not negate from the complaint that Bank of America - Online Banking balances should be Real-Time accurate 24x7x365/366 without the need to take screenshots intra-weekends to dispute weekend lags in presenting accurate account balances and transactions posted, pending and declined.

Original review: May 3, 2018

B of A had THE best program for Bill Paying. I recommended them to my clients and friends and it's the main reason I kept banking with them. So naturally their programmers had to justify their pay and totally screw it up. Now I cannot do the simplest action without wasting 10 or 20 minutes trying to find when anything might be. And I have a super high IQ, a Master degree and a lot of experience with computers and accounting. Went from the best to the worst. Ever heard of "If it ain't broke don't fix it"?

Original review: April 16, 2018

Came as quite a shock that BOA froze our account. Unable to pay bills, process checks, take out cash that is legally ours. We have over $100K in checking and deposit and they put a freeze on us. Something about our Mother-in-law who was on the account many years ago had to contact the bank. She is 80 years of age and in poor health and did not know what she was calling about. I could not tell her either as the bank would not tell me. She called as per instructions and they said they could not do anything with her on the phone and told her to go to a local branch.

She is recovering from a broken back and had to drive 40 miles, I still do not know if she arrived at the bank. My wife leaves town tonight and of course cannot access any money, which is legally ours. Shame on you Bank of America and I truly look forward to closing my account after many, many years. Customer Service was awful and they truly did not care if we closed our account or not. I called back to speak to a manager but of course they do not have any managers available although one will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Shameful.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I has been an e-banking customer for over six years. Bank of America recently changed their e-banking accounts to Core Banking. A notice of this change was included statement and an email was sent out after this change is in effect. I discovered the $12 monthly charge after I signed in three months after the change. As a e-banking customer, I usually only read the statement when I've some deposit or withdraw during the previous month.

So the paper route: I called customer service to see if they can waive the fees and they told me different stories, one said I have an address change before the letter sent out; there was a letter sent out to my physically address... As I finally talked to a branch manager, she told me there was no physical letter that sent out. The bank and changed the terms of the account from minimum balance of $100 to $1,500 and there is not ONE SINGLE PHYSICAL letter sending out or confirming their customer has received the notice in some other way?

Bank of America Online Banking Company Information