1.15/5
Based on 116 reviews that contain star ratings

Bank of America Online Banking

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

169 Bank of America Online Banking Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I created a BofA account online on 12/4/18, and received notification via email that I was approved that same day. On 12/5/18 they emailed me to say my debit card had been mailed and would arrive soon. Then today, 12/13/18, I received a letter dated 12/6/18 saying the account had been closed. Here's some of what the letter said: "We've made the decision to close your deposit account ending in **. You no longer have access to online banking services. Our decision to close your account is final and you won't be able to open a checking or savings account with us in the future." There was no explanation given in the letter, and it doesn't make sense that they would approve me and issue a debit card but then close my account two days later before I have ever even used my account.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am a "valued customer" with BoA since 25 years doing business from overseas mostly. Whenever trying to get access to my account online I have to try for hours if not days to get thru as regularly I get a screen just saying: "This site doesn't work" or else of the same content whatever I try. Alternatively, when trying to get thru on phone, their 1-800 phone number doesn`t help either from overseas, you ordinarily spend at least 20 minutes waiting until eventually connected, answering the same "security" questions at least 3 times, and finally get nowhere with this and paying some 10-20 $ for this phone call! To me this is actually the worst bank I´ve ever been with: They do excel in inefficiency and are WORLD CHAMPIONS in pissing off their "valued " customers! Besides, they heightened their fees considerably during the past years for NO additional value to customers in return.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Between the wife and myself we have 3 Bank of America accounts. Soon it will be zero. Our experience was with paying a credit card bill online. Our bill was due on a Sunday and we were at a funeral. I paid the bill Monday morning online. Eight hours after it was due. We opened our statement to a 28.50 late fee. When I called to complain I was told by a service representative there was nothing she could do. I requested her supervisor or manager. 20 minutes later on hold the person picked up the call. I repeated the situation to the supervisor who promptly told me, "We do not give back fees!" Our credit rating is in the top 5%, our spending on their credit cards provides the bank way more in fees and interest for their pockets than this late fee. Not anymore! Our cards are being paid off and accounts closed. The arrogant attitude of their customer service center was enough for we to cancel all business with this bank. Goodbye!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

What happened? How Bank of America didn't protect my money or secure my bank account. Apparently I was spam bombed with a few thousand emails. This started on Oct 9th and has continued to present. I did research and discovered that spam bombing is used to cover up financial attacks so on Oct 18th I changed all my passwords to all my accounts. However little did I realize that earlier someone had according to Bank of America logged into a: "trusted device" and transferred $ 7580.00 to a Sedrick **. Never heard of this person. Somehow the hackers managed to change my bank profile settings and enroll their telephone and sign up for safe pass which allows someone to transfer more than $ 5000.00. At no time did I ever get a warning or a text from BofA.

I have had this business account for over 20 years and have NEVER done a transfer like this. Red flags, Nothing. On Oct 22 I discovered the theft and filed a claim with B of A. 2 days later Nancy ** in the fraud investigation department emailed me a letter stating my claim was denied because it was on a trusted device. In spite of repeated attempts Bank of America never supplied me with any information about devices or routing numbers of where the money went to. I am unable to file an FBI report because Bank of America has not been stonewalling me. They told me they were trying to recover the money from Wells Fargo but on the other hand stated they never actually spoke with anyone at Wells Fargo. So I am now out $ 7580.00. Bank of America completely failed to protect me, failed to honor their if you’re a victim of fraud you’re not responsible.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

It's confusing to set up a recurring payment plan on BOA's website. You'll have to go into e-Bills instead of "Recurring Payment". The confusion caused me a late fee. What's worse is that BOA would refuse to work with customers in that situation. When I shared my frustration, the agent and the manager claimed that their website has received multiple awards therefore my experience is just one isolated case. I ended up closing the account, and they were happy to assist you with that without much resistance. I feel they did not appreciate the feedback of the customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I made a transfer from the Bank of America website. It was an external transfer from US Bank to my checking account in Bank of America. BOFA withdrew $1000 from my US Bank account but never deposited in my BOFA account. It has been 3 weeks already with no resolution and every time that I call them, is like I never called before. There is no other word for this, they stole my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was having funds transfer from BofA to my BofA account via Zelle Pay. The money was sent to a closed account at US Bank in June. This was rent that was being paid to me. I have been going back and forth with BofA, Zelle Pay and US Bank. BofA tells me, "Too bad. Zelle Pay is 3rd party and read the small print." Zelle Pay will not respond to anything I send them. BofA forces you to use Zelle Pay yet they don't back it. I had to file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection. They closed my complaint with BofA because BofA says they are not responsible for Zelle Pay. I got a answer from US Bank on my complaint. US Bank said the funds was sent back to BofA the day after they received the funds stating account was closed.

US Bank said they reached out to BofA but they still have not responded to US Bank. This was payment for rent. This is 910.00 that has been missing since June 6, 2018. I still cannot get anywhere with BofA. Very bad customer service. The person that was transferring to my account cannot get anywhere with them either. She went into the bank and called and filed a written complaint. She received a letter saying, "Too bad. You transferred from a 3rd party. So they can just take your money and you can't do anything about it." We are filing another complaint with BofA showing them that US Bank said they sent the funds back to BofA. I doubt we will get anywhere.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I opened my online banking account with Bank of America online banking about a week ago. I got a cash advance deposited in to my account of $200.00. Once I got a email saying my bank debit card is in the mail so I figured everything was good. I linked my account to a few bills I had to pay. So after it left me with a balance of $80.00 dollars. When I received my bank card I call to activate it and it was not allowing me to activate the card. I called customer service and they told me my account was closed yesterday because I did not give them proof of my identity and I told them I never got a email or a call saying I had to show proof of identification. How was I to know that this was needed. I would not of had a problem showing proof of my identity but how am I to know these things if they dont tell me. I thought everything was good. They accepted my loan I got from a cash advance. They accepted the money without proof of identity.

They sent me a debit card without proof of identity. I dont understand. So the customer service lady told me to go in the bank and show proof of identity. So I went into Bank of America showed them identification and told them my problem. They said they couldnt help me. All they can do is call the online banking for me so I can talk to them. So I had them call the online Bank of America and again I told them my issue and they said for me to show my two forms of i.d. to the bank lady since I was at the bank and for me to open a account right there. They said they couldnt reopen my account and I was like so now my bills are going to bounce and now I'm going to have to pay extra on my bills because they want to close my account. Thats not fair.

The lady I talked to inside the bank of America told me my account is negative 120.00 dollars. How is that possible when I had a balance of $80.00? I got so upset my eyes got watery. I didnt want to cry in front of everyone so I hung up the phone and walked out the bank. I cant believe this is happening. I needed that 80.00 I had on my card to buy food for my kids and now they want to steal my money bounce my money I sent to pay my bills. And no one can do anything about it. I dont understand how they can get away with doing hardworking people with bills to pay and kids to feed wrong like this. This online banking with Bank of America is a joke or should I say a fraud.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

BoA gave $1000 out of my personal checking/debit account to another customer on June 13 2018. Today is September 6 2018, I tried to stop the transaction when pending being told it was a check. I went to the police and told to get copy of check. I went back to branch by bank. It will take a week. Never heard from bank so I went back. Now told it was a debit card, made to believe that it was my personal card which I knew it wasn't. Went back to police and told it is now a debit transaction and told to find out if it was my personal debit used. I Went to bank. Told the debit card use didn't match the account withdrawal from. Then told by police the teller made an error and I have to pursue BoA.

The bank manager and I called BoA fraud department a few times together. Both not understand what is going on. Is BoA too big to follow Regulation E, their own police, to get their story straight. It months... no money returned on a teller error. Shame on you. Next move for me is the local news and taking them to court for damages. What fraud. It happened in the bank with cameras all over, without me in the bank. This bank is too big to care about customers. Does BoA fraud department get a commission for screwing us. Your greed after a teller error and blaming me is arbitrary and capricious. Again shame on you. Maybe the bank will let the investigator reporter of Channel 4 cover this in the bank live. I hope is.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Recently Bank of America decided to send 5 of my BillPay payments early on Thursday night, rather than on the 1st of the month which is when I have them set up to go out. My deposits come on the first to offset these bills. The money came on the day expected but since the bank decided to send out the bills 2 nights earlier as the 1st was Saturday they overdrew the account. When these bills, that were not supposed to leave my account early, posted on Friday the funds had not yet been posted so they charged a fee of $35 each. Why does the bank have a policy of sending payments before the customer wants them out as if the customers are idiots not to be trusted in deciding when they wish their money to leave the bank? These fees caused a domino effect overdrawing the account and the bank refuses to reverse them.

Resolution response: July 31, 2018

I was given the wrong routing number. Once I was given the correct routing number the transactions went through.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am a Platinum Preferred Member of Bank of America. I happily set up payments to pay off 13 credit card accounts using my routing number and checking account for some of the transactions and my debit card for some. After a few days of being thrilled to have paid off all of our debt I received a notification that a pay off I had made to Amazon was returned. I then checked my account and see that 9 of the payments I made still hadn't been paid. I had called BOA as I was making the payments to let them know what I was doing but somehow they never paid nine of the thirteen payoffs. I then checked and one by one the credit card companies are going from showing a 0.00 balance back up to the thousands I was paying off plus late fees.

I used the correct info and have confirmation numbers and had the funds to cover the payments but BOA just didn't pay any of the nine transactions I made. It caused me damages and when I called them they just said they don't see the transactions and it's up to the merchant to provide proof. The merchants just say sorry. BOA says they can't find the account. But don't show where they asked it to come from. It was all recorded though. Why record it if they can't provide it as proof of the account I entered? What a scam.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was a loyal customer for BOA and their mobile application really sucks. I didn’t found a way to setup auto payment or set payment reminders. I would have wasted my time to do research on their stupid mobile application. This has incurred late payment couple of times and I made payment next date after due date. Customer care really don’t care about their customers and they said we cannot waive off. I terminated my account immediately. Even they did not increase my credit limit for being loyal. After terminating I immediately applied in Citibank and I got very high credit line. I will not recommend BoA bank to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We bought a house in September and at that time I scheduled the mortgage payment of $1,857.980 to go directly at the end of each month (I scheduled it to go out the 29th, and indefinitely “until I stop it”). It was due the first, with about a week grace period. Everything went along swimmingly until I got a call the end of June from the mortgage company. They were telling me they didn’t get the June payment. I owed $47.02 in late fees. I checked, and sure enough, the check didn’t go out. My husband went to the bank and they told him I had logged in and changed it. NO I DIDN’T. In fact, when I went on to see what had happened I couldn’t even FIND where to go change or edit anything. They’ve made it so much more complicated.

Well I quickly scheduled a payment through BillPay. Then that very day a few hours later my husband received a call from the mortgage company telling him the payment was late. When he told the gal his wife had scheduled it, she said, ‘It won’t get here in time to stay off your credit record’. She told us we needed to go create an account on their website and pay directly. So I did that, knowing that since I’d just scheduled the payment with BofA on the 26th to go out the 29th, I could CANCEL it. So I made the payment online with the mortgage company. Then when I logged onto BofA to cancel the payment, it was not doable. They didn’t have a “cancel” or “edit” button on the scheduled payment. I called. The lady told me it was too late. TOO LATE??? She told me I had to call back the next day and put a stop payment. WHAT???

So my husband and I went to the bank the next day and they put a stop payment, but told us to call the mortgage company to let them know. Really?? Well, we called, and the lady at the mortgage company said, “Nope, when we get the check, we’ll process it.” Quite unhappy, but our hands tied, we thought… Well the bank won’t cash it. There’s a stop payment on it. NOPE. WRONG. They cashed it. The mortgage company put it towards JULY. They put the additional $47.02 ‘penalty’ towards “principal” in August. Fearing I had another payment already going out for July I looked it up at BofA. It appears that the next payment goes out 7/27/2018 and will be for August. I THINK all is well. But what a HUGE headache and waste of our time and all because the BANK screwed up our account. (And then lied saying I’d gone in and changed something...).

Original review: June 5, 2018

Every few months I get an email stating that my debit card "may have" been compromised by an "UNDISCLOSED VENDOR". BULL!!! If chip technology is so secure, and I only use the chip and if a vendor doesn't have chip, I pay cash, then why am I still getting this - and why doesn't Bank of America contact their clients directly, prior to doing this to actually determine if it was compromised and by which vendor. Do you know what a pain in the ** it is to change out my card number with all my online payments - this is beyond ridiculous. I want to know what banking institution this doesn't happen with on a regular basis.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have only had this new BofA card (Alaskan Airlines) for a few months. I rely on my notifications to pay cards during the month. On this particular card and most, I pay much more than minimum and even will make more than one payment per month. I paid the end of March for my April payment via app. I then did not get a notification until May saying it’s delinquent and my credit line is lowered. Long story short I didn’t get a notice of due (my problem to keep track I know) and then the early payment for April didn’t count as April, but rather a March payment. So bam... 131 point drop of Equifax score. I have been on time and monitor credit closely. Years of on time payments to get my credit up and this is going to screw me. I called BofA and they do not care. Thanks a lot perfect people.

Original review: May 10, 2018

On Saturday 5/5/18 ~9 pm EST: I went online to view my account balances: 1 personal joint; 1 business checking. The business checking showed a balance of $6.14, no pending debits of any sort. I transferred in $171.97 from personal checking to business checking (to serve as origination account for an inter-bank transfer, for a credit card payment). On the following Monday 5/7/18, when Bank of America reconciles weekend transactions, there was an additional account maintenance fee of $14, which was dated 5/1/18, but did not show when I logged on the evening of 5/5/18 as assessed or pending, which would have made the account negative <$7.86> if it had posted as subsequently dated.

The Bank of America CSR and Supervisor defended that the online banking account balance would have shown the correct negative balance online on 5/518; yet when asked could they see when (date & time) I made the transfers between accounts (~9 pm 5/5/18), they both said they could only see the "Posting Date" of 5/7/18. Monday 5/7/18 as all weekend transactions were reconciled, this dated 5/1/18 $14 account maintenance fee presents, and of course is paid before the transfer between banks, causing an NSF charge of $35... I received an email notification of the NSF on Wednesday 5/9/18. Selectively not including the calls made to the other Bank to reconcile this issue. Bank of America did refund the $35 NSF. This issue is the lack of reliability of Online Banking balances and transactions displayed.

Common Sense factor: If anyone was moving money from one account to another, with known planned spend/transfer out intentions to occur immediately afterwards, it would not make sense not to accommodate a known negative balance to add to transferred in monies, to mitigate against failure of the intended spend and purposefully accruing fees of $35, by ignoring an easily reconcilable negative balance of $7 by transferring more money into the account.

My Complaint is: 1) Bank of America should disclose that Online Banking - Account Balances may not reflect all known assessed or pending fee posts/debits, and not to rely on available balances shown as credible references for account spend activities; especially from 6 pm on Friday till after weekend reconciliations begin at 11:59 PM on weekend following Mondays. And advise customers to take screenshots of available balances during weekends to mitigate any dispute reconciliations.

2) Bank of America need be more transparent in displaying transaction (date & time) in addition to debit posting (date and time). Considering the CSR and Manager I spoke with could not see I made my transfer on Sat. 5/5/18, only when it posted on 5/7/18; then how can they confidently say a fee dated for 5/1/18 had actually also posted at that time? Rhetorical question, used to illustrate the gaps in between a transaction date, and a posting date can be manipulated to advantage/disadvantage.

3) Bank of America when allocating monies for debits and fees, subtracting fees first (e.g. monthly account maintenance) knowingly then causing additional NSF charges is manipulating the order of payments to increase profitability by favorably setting sequence of transaction such that it maximizes the opportunity to assess fees, which are pure profits.

I understand I should have and will establish overdrafts protections, and should also leave more buffers in accounts to mitigate against these events. That being said and known, does not negate from the complaint that Bank of America - Online Banking balances should be Real-Time accurate 24x7x365/366 without the need to take screenshots intra-weekends to dispute weekend lags in presenting accurate account balances and transactions posted, pending and declined.

Original review: May 3, 2018

B of A had THE best program for Bill Paying. I recommended them to my clients and friends and it's the main reason I kept banking with them. So naturally their programmers had to justify their pay and totally screw it up. Now I cannot do the simplest action without wasting 10 or 20 minutes trying to find when anything might be. And I have a super high IQ, a Master degree and a lot of experience with computers and accounting. Went from the best to the worst. Ever heard of "If it ain't broke don't fix it"?

Original review: April 16, 2018

Came as quite a shock that BOA froze our account. Unable to pay bills, process checks, take out cash that is legally ours. We have over $100K in checking and deposit and they put a freeze on us. Something about our Mother-in-law who was on the account many years ago had to contact the bank. She is 80 years of age and in poor health and did not know what she was calling about. I could not tell her either as the bank would not tell me. She called as per instructions and they said they could not do anything with her on the phone and told her to go to a local branch.

She is recovering from a broken back and had to drive 40 miles, I still do not know if she arrived at the bank. My wife leaves town tonight and of course cannot access any money, which is legally ours. Shame on you Bank of America and I truly look forward to closing my account after many, many years. Customer Service was awful and they truly did not care if we closed our account or not. I called back to speak to a manager but of course they do not have any managers available although one will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Shameful.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I has been an e-banking customer for over six years. Bank of America recently changed their e-banking accounts to Core Banking. A notice of this change was included statement and an email was sent out after this change is in effect. I discovered the $12 monthly charge after I signed in three months after the change. As a e-banking customer, I usually only read the statement when I've some deposit or withdraw during the previous month.

So the paper route: I called customer service to see if they can waive the fees and they told me different stories, one said I have an address change before the letter sent out; there was a letter sent out to my physically address... As I finally talked to a branch manager, she told me there was no physical letter that sent out. The bank and changed the terms of the account from minimum balance of $100 to $1,500 and there is not ONE SINGLE PHYSICAL letter sending out or confirming their customer has received the notice in some other way?

Original review: April 12, 2018

When BoA adjusts a deposit, it would be nice to see the details of the deposit (the checks, in particular, to determine WHAT was overstated, understated or missed, altogether). Why is it that the deposits they adjust say "Images of your deposit slip and checks are not currently available for this deposit. If you have questions, please contact customer service" instead of showing the information. If a deposit is incorrect, that's when I absolutely need to see the data. Idiots at BoA are... well... IDIOTS.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Bank of America has no chat, no email support anymore and they won't mail SafePass cards and debit credit cards abroad and they call themselves international bank!? Ridiculous. They are RED COMMUNIST bank!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Bank of America used to be fairly decent for a huge, impersonal organization. Decent products; okay service. I was happy. Recently, Bank of America added something called Erica to its mobile app. Erica is immortal. There is no way to get her off of your screen. I spent two hours trying to get rid of this, and couldn't. I finally got through to customer service and was told that I'd just wasted all of that time, and that Erica was going to bother me forever. "Just drag her to another part of the screen when she gets in the way." Why must I do that? I will never use this. I can wipe away dirt and bacteria, but nothing can rid me of this splotch on my screen. It hogs real estate for no purpose other than to annoy me. I think the only option is to not upgrade, ever, or use another banking institution.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Transfer money & bill pay: This my money, I give to BOA for them earn money on all the interest etc. How dare they threaten to charge me! Guess they do not believe in Customer Care! Next I want to pay my bills and that file has changed. Now bland! No definitions! One looks like the other. There has been a while where I considered leaving. Even if I do they will not care! They only want money.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Is anyone else having this problem??? I have a small business that accepts payments through PayPal. Every night, my balance is swept from PayPal to my BofA account. Normally, deposits flow in like clockwork and appear in my bank account overnight, but from time to time, they just don't. My one-day turnaround can turn into 3 or 5 or 7. I don't normally keep a very large balance in this account because it is strictly for paying business expenses. So if a deposit doesn't hit the bank account and a bill gets paid, I overdraft and get charged a $35.00 fee. Last week this happened, but I never received my overdraft notice until 3 DAYS LATER!! They refunded me the $35 charge, and - as always - blamed it on PayPal. PayPal blames it on BofA because they provide me with a transfer transaction ID number and record of the transfer as soon as it is processed.

In an effort to prove BofA is doing this on purpose, I have begun processing a partial payment to my operating account and the rest to my savings account. And last night, it happened again. The larger deposit to operating did not go into the account, yet the smaller one to the savings account did. Overnight processing is supposed to mean OVERNIGHT!! Not 2-7 days later! Someday, someone is going to file a class action lawsuit when they discover BofA is doing this on purpose so they can collect overdraft fees from their account owners (kinda like Wells Fargo's fake account problems) and they are going to get stuck big time! And I will be second in line... All because their customer service people refuse to even entertain the idea that there is something (accidentally or on purpose) glitching in their system.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Bank of America screws up my account every month. It is easier to get someone at the White House than to get a live BOA representative in the phone. Everyone in my family is locked out of their on-line account. I understand security, but this is ridiculous. I am moving all of my accounts to another bank.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I used the mobile app several times to dep my paycheck and this last time they had said that it was fraud check and could not be read. If I had not contacted them I would have never know this. They were sending me a damn letter of all things and I call my employer and they are pissed. It is not a fraud check. So I am sitting here no Bank of America within a 2 hours of me and no gas to get me there because the mobile app is screwed up so bad that it could not read my check. Monday morning going to a different bank. Bank of America can go to hell.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was calling to close my BOA Amtrak card a few weeks back and was offered to switch to BOA Cash Back card with the same acct number. So that's good... However, I did not finish the conversion on that call but called again today - the agent who received the call today said she has no idea that can be done at all. So hilarious and so poor a training quality of BOA customer service. No wonder why I am seeing so many 1 star reviews.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Let me first say that the customer service representatives I have spoken to at Bank of America were all friendly and willing to help. That is the reason I gave this bank one star. Their wacky billing practices are the reason I can give them no more. I started using a cash rewards card a little over a year ago, and I have had nothing but problems with it. My intent was to use it for my monthly purchases in order to get the cash rewards then to pay off the entire balance every month so no interest would accrue. I can only conclude that Bank of America does NOT want anyone to avoid interest charges. I think they must COUNT ON interest charges because they made it practically impossible for me to manage my card payments. I noticed right away that there was no option to pay the entire balance when setting up an automatic payment. I called and was told I had to request that kind of payment by direct mail with a special form.

They sent it to me, and I could not make heads or tails of it. I was honestly afraid to sign it because of all the stipulations. So, I tried to set up an automatic payment system online. The date they chose was purposefully one day AFTER my bill was due. I couldn't change it. The rep on the phone assured me it was the correct date even though I was looking right at the letter that had come with my card that said otherwise. I went ahead and set it up to pay the minimum fearful that at some point I would meet with unexpected medical bills. If I had the money, I would get online and pay the balance before the day it was due. I have another credit card from another company, and if I make an early payment, it automatically cancels the auto payment scheduled for that month. Bank of America DOES NO SUCH THING.

If you make a payment in advance, you will also be billed again even if that means they have to give you a negative balance on your account. I had to monitor my account constantly in order to understand whether my balance was in the red or the black. I tried paying by phone, once with the automated teller and once with a live person. It didn't work either time. What I mean is, I paid my bill then in the next day or so, the exact same amount was automatically withdrawn from my bank account. When I called, frantic to get refunded, they told me I would have to wait at least three days to make sure the overbilling had cleared before they could refund me. WHAT?! When it was all said and done, this happened three times. Three times I tried to pay my bill, and three times the amount was withdrawn from my bank account twice.

I have canceled the card only to find out that it isn't really "closed." The last and final balance that I paid was, once again, withdrawn from my bank account twice! I called AGAIN to get a refund. This time I was told that if I really wanted to deactivate my account I had to call a separate number. The service rep had me on hold for several minutes only to apologize that the office where they cancel cards was closed and that she couldn't give me that number anyway. I would have to call back and go through the automatic teller menu again.

I asked if she thought I should maybe wait until I was sure the refund was credited to my bank account, and as serious as can be she said, yes! She said she thought I should wait to cancel the card to make sure I got my money first. Unbelievable. The bottom line is, Bank of America does not want you to be a responsible payer. Their billing system is rigged to cheat you. It is a dirty, underhanded way to do business, and I can't wait to be rid of them once and for all. Unfortunately, I fear my trouble with them is not over. I will have a chilling dread of being billed at the middle of the month for a card that no longer exists at least until spring.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My daughter deposit a check on mobile. She only 19 first time. They told her, her check would not clear after 15 days or so. She needed money to go to work and light bill was due that day. They said it was nothing they could do about the money being released early. So she asked what if showcased it. They said they charged her a 12 dollar fee because they would return check back. This did not happening checkered it. She called about 5 times in they said they would take it off in 3 to 5 business days and return the money. Then she called back because the money was still there. Then she was told they should never told her that and they don't return money back in go to the place she cash it and give them the money back. I tell them it was Bank of America fault. What kind of business is this. I feel it’s a set up.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I was open account online was they approve, I was got few debit card in the mail, I was trying activated. The screen say account is canceled, I was called to BOA. Vanessa who have a Indi accent told me, "We refuse anyone" if we want close account without notice. Feeling like I am garbage or not welcome to this bank, she never told me why or any eloquent, professional or lie excuse. DON'T OPEN business, close your business with this bank.

Bank of America Online Banking Company Information