2. Finance
  3. Online Banks

Bank of America Online Banking

Bank of America Online Banking
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.51/5

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Bank of America Online Banking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Online Banking?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Please do not open up an account at Bank of America. I am a customer of 20 years. For the last 10 years my business accounts at Bank of America rolled over $ 750000. In business alone. I also have checking account. I have a status of platinum VIP. I started a new business and wanted to open up a new business accounts for a new company. The first account had to be closed due to mistake in a spelling. The second account was opened, yet I have no access to the money ($200000.00).

The representative encouraged me to open the account, without explaining the important details. The end product, I have no access to the money and can't conduct the business properly. After talking to 4 different reps and 3 hours later, I was discovered for the fourth time. No one bothered to call back or to email with apologies. No one is going to solve the problem. They keep me and my money hostage. Do not bring your business to Bank of America.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I attempted to update the account that I use for automatic payments on the Bank of America website. I received an unclear error message that indicated I should contact Bank of America to determine which accounts I could use as a "pay from" account. When I attempted to contact Bank of America via their website, I was sent in circles to the same support page and then back to the form I completed that gave me an error. Bank of America does not list a customer service email address on their website. I found this experience incredibly frustrating. You can expect poor user experience when using the Bank of America website.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Bank of America offers incentives such as $350 for opening an account, but they always seem to find a technicality to deny the incentive, meanwhile soaking you for fees for months on end until they finally admit that you don't qualify for the incentive. Went to USAA which has no fees, yet great service, without gimmicks.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Don't know what BofA is like for Non-Auto Deposit, but for me: Auto Pension Deposit into Checking ACCOUNT & 90,000 in Savings/Checking + Cash Rewards Credit Card makes me a Premium Member. BofA has been very Accommodating. I Bank via ONLINE. BofA goes Above & Beyond to NOTIFY if any Suspicious Use of Credit Card. They've notified me IMMEDIATELY 2-4 years ago. Told me they Cancelled charges & sent me a New Credit Card. Very good CUSTOMER Service. Ex: Recent SS/Medicare letter claimed I owed $5099. I knew likely impossible. I checked only e back to 2016. Was paid. Telephoned BofA Rep confirmed my Payments. Said they'd send me Hard copies.

Original review: April 22, 2020

BOA allowed a crook steal my money. I opened a claim in 2 days. They came to a conclusion and said I approved these transactions. They alert me of fraud and then allowed it to pursue. They alert me 2 days after that. There was suspicious activity and allowed it.

Original review: April 2, 2020

FISERV, the vendor that handles billpay for Bank of America, is just a lousy organization. They have made several mistakes for me and have not owned up. Customer service identifies themselves as " Bank of America billpay," but they are really a vendor to BA. One time they issued a bank transfer instead of sending a check, and it went to the wrong company. More recently they printed out the wrong PO Box number on the check, and it was returned. Their system are very prone to errors. Otherwise Bank of America is ok. But they need to get a better billpay vendor.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I recently had an issue where two bills were paid on the 11th and then processed AGAIN on the 18th. The same bills. I immediately called the bank because it threw my account in negative (They were very large amounts. I was only expecting to pay ONCE this month, not twice.). I was told by "Sharon" that a stop payment was issued, and I would see the money by Saturday morning. I didn't.

I called their weekend number and got "Stacy" who transferred me to "Vicki". Vicki apologized, told me she could see the stop payments, but that it would be Midnight Monday morning (Sunday) that the credit to my account would be issued and the money "would not should" (her words) be back in my account Monday morning. She also refunded overdraft fees that I was charged because she could see it "wasn't my fault".

Monday rolls around. No money. Still negative. I give it until 3pm just in case. At 3pm I call, get put on hold 15 minutes and hung up on. I call back, get put on hold 30 minutes. Get "Ben", Ben doesn't know what to do so he sends me to someone else. 15 more minutes on hold I get "Pedro". Pedro isn't sure what to do so he puts me on hold and 60 minutes later I get "Markayla" who puts me on hold another 20 minutes.

Markayla tells me that she doesn't know what I was told but it was wrong, the money is not being put back into my account and asks if I've contacted the creditors. To which I reply "why would I contact creditors about refunding money they haven't even gotten yet?" (payments were still "processing") of which she has no response but to tell me there's nothing the bank can do about it, and stop payments are "only for physical checks not online bill pay" of which I asked "then why was I told by Sharon AND Vicki that it would be resolved and stop payments were successfully issued?" to which she told me "I don't know, sorry. I can see that notes have been made on your account but I cannot see what the notes say. You'll have to contact your creditors. Here I'll get one of them on the line." And then she transferred me without another word!

So after 6 days of dealing with it, false promises of being told the stop payments were successful, the money would be returned to my account, nothing to worry about, they understood how stressing this was, I get told basically to deal with it. It's not their problem, when it's because of them that this happened in the first place.

Since these are monthly payments, I fail to see what purpose getting a refund at this point is, as by the time the money is returned to my account (7-14 days) it will be time for me to pay again next month (the 8th, it is currently the 22nd). I don't appreciate being jerked around and lied to. Had I been told up front that there was nothing they could do, I could have contacted the creditors SEVEN DAYS AGO. Instead I was told that things were done that were not, I was told stop payments were successful that were not, I was told the money would be back in my account by Monday and it was not. I was given multiple false promises and then told it's not their problem.

I also don't appreciate duplicate billing that was done by them, not by me. Autodrafts were canceled, they could see autodrafts were canceled, Markayla even mentioned that she could see autodrafts were canceled, yet no one can explain, why magically, the bills were paid a second time by autodraft. I went from actually being ahead this month by a considerable amount, to being negative, and told it's not their problem.

While I am an existing customer currently, not for long. I am changing to another bank that actually has branches local to me, as there are no BoA where I currently live. Customer service goes a long way, and theirs, is lacking. I do not appreciate being blatantly lied to and told something was handled and fixed, when it wasn't and now having to scramble to try and get my account out of the negative until payday, when I was actually AHEAD by a considerable amount. Only bonus is, I guess I don't have to worry about paying the creditors in November, since they've already been paid twice for October. Hurray for that?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I have always received excellent service from BofA. The representatives are knowledgeable, courteous, and totally helpful. I cannot think of an instant which I was dissatisfied with the service I have received from this institution.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

And when conditions for no fee banking changes, the information is not easily accessed. Some associates are more helpful than others. To get to the associate you have to pass through mini automatic inputs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have banked online for over ten years with Bank of America online banking. I have rarely ever had a problem with them. If a problem occurs they address it immediately. They are proactive with contacting me when some discrepancy surfaces. My cons are that they offer little to no interest on savings accounts. They don't update my account daily but skip from Friday to Tuesday morning to see activities in my checking account.

Bank of America Online Banking Company Information