Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC is a National Tax Relief firm that has Tax Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, and Enrolled Agents on staff. We help taxpayers with filing taxes, reducing the amount owed to the IRS and State, release tax liens & levies, stop garnishments, and negotiate Resolutions such as Installment Agreements and Currently - Non-Collectible Status. The first step is conducting an Investigation into your tax case. The second step is doing a financial analysis to determine your ability to pay. Once we have completed the Investigation and financial analysis, we will then make recommendations to you on which resolution fits your situation the best. We counsel and advise you on all the available options, and answer all necessary questions about the process. We strive to make every person who contacts us compliant with the IRS and State governments, meaning all taxes are filed up-to-date, and strive to put each taxpayer in some type of Resolution.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

107 Attorney's Tax Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had back taxes due. I saw Attorney's Tax Relief on a billboard and signed up with them. Enrolling was easy and pretty hands off on my part. They just collected all the information and ran with it. All the people in their office were very friendly, professional, and liked to get things done. I was comfortable working with their team and they were always quick to get back to me if I had questions. They did a reduction in amount due and had payments set up for it. They bounced around some numbers in seeing what we could do to get it done, something that would satisfy the IRS. All in all, it seemed like a good deal to me, though they should give more information.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC is extremely pleased with the results of this case. We were able to get an Offer in Compromise approved with the Internal Revenue Service saving the client thousands of dollars. Thank you!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a consolidating concern with income tax and when you’re dealing with the IRS, everything is slow, tedious, and time-consuming, and you've got to have an exceptional amount of patience. But I knew there’d be a relief for certain people that qualify under certain conditions, so I applied for a program with Attorney's Tax Relief. They were in Chicago which was a little closer than California and other places. Also, I spoke with a gentleman and he answered my questions. He was honest and he seemed concerned about the situation that I had. He was down to earth with me and I felt comfortable with him. For some of the people I talked to, I was just another client, but this rep was more personable.

I sent in the information and the paperwork, and they checked them out and recommended that I send in more paperwork. Then the gentleman put me with another young lady who was really nice and I had different interactions with her. I called her and sometimes, she couldn’t call back because she was busy. But she took all the time needed to answer questions and I felt comfortable with her as well. She was younger, and at first, I was wondering if she had the experience. Apparently, she did. I waited patiently and after all the evaluation, they told me what they could do for me.

Then Attorney's Tax Relief gave me a figure upfront that sounded heavy. I’ve heard of cheaper ones but they had to make money and I could understand that. They set me up on a payment plan that I could handle and I stayed with it. I’ve done everything they asked, I never missed a payment, and I never had any issues. I completed the program then everything got taken care of and I was happy with the way they handled things. When you first get into a situation, you get fear, you get so many questions, and you get more concerns when you’re a senior like me. I've got a lot of different things to think about and a whole different ballgame to look at. Also, tax relief is not for everybody. But I was more than satisfied with the service of Attorney's Tax Relief. I’m not getting in the same position again, but if somebody would ask me, I would say hands down that they are the people to go to. They're number one on my list.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Somebody filed my taxes wrong and I was in a hole because of what I owed. I heard about Attorney’s Tax Relief on the radio along with other companies, but they stood out to me that moment and I said to myself that it must be right, so I called them that day. The first day I agreed to them, I paid a $50 fee. Then we went through all the process and which plan I wanted to go for. We went through an Offer in Compromise deal where I was in a hole of $14,000 and I'd pay $4000, and IRS accepted the offer. Then they would take my taxes for the next two years which was fine.

I worked with Julie and she was patient, nice, and very understanding. She kept me good. The customer support and payment plan were good as well. Attorney’s Tax Relief didn't rush me. The program would’ve completed a little faster but I lost my job and fell off my payments. And although I wasn't able to make my payments anymore, they were really patient. Additionally, the cost was cheap. Being busy and always on the move, I didn't have time to call the IRS, so it felt good to give somebody a small fee and tell that person, "Take care of this for me while I go to work and go get my life, and just let me know what you come up with.” Attorney’s Tax Relief helped me out and it was convenient going with them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got tired of my income tax checks being taken from me so I decided to rectify that situation. I heard Attorney’s Tax Relief's commercial on a radio and I said, “Okay. Maybe they can help me.” Their attorneys were cool. They were professional in answering my questions and anytime I emailed them, they responded back in a timely manner. I've completed the program and IRS sent me a letter saying that I don’t have to do anything from this point on. IRS was going to take my next two tax returns and after that, I should be straight. I also have to make sure that I file my taxes on time for the next five years.

However, I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that after contacting Attorney’s Tax Relief, they would be able to wipe out the debt and I would be able to get some taxes back this year. I was also hoping that they would be able to do a review of all the tax returns I had for the last 10 years because I haven’t gotten a tax return since 2007 and my checks were taken. I was wondering if the IRS might have overcharged me and was hoping that this company would be able to catch that. I spoke to the guy who was the final person I interacted with to ask if they were able to do that and he told me that they don't go back into the files. In addition to that, Attorney’s Tax Relief fees were high.

But still, I’m grateful for their help. And with what I’ve gone through and their professionalism, I'd recommend them. I've also told people to contact them if they have a tax issue. There was one person, though, who I gave the information to and he was told that his debt was not high enough for Attorney’s Tax Relief 's services since it was also not high enough with the IRS to deal with.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief tried to work around my best interest to see how I can get my monthly card payments. They followed up on how the process was going and if everything was okay. They were consistently following up with me to just make sure that my money was not taken out on a monthly basis. They followed up every time there was something that needed to be done as far as paperwork. I completed the program which has been good for me. They were supposed to get back to me though because they said that they were going to look into my taxes to see if I was claiming the right dependency. Every year, I could probably get something back instead of owing. Still, Attorney's Tax Relief did a great job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Attorney's Tax Relief?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was behind on a few years of taxes and I made the call to Attorney’s Tax Relief when I heard the advertisement on the radio. I reached out to see what kind of assistance they could provide for me at that time and Julie contacted me initially. She explained to me what they could do and what information they would need from me. She also asked me what I needed from them and what kind of situation I was in. And then after her, I worked with Ken and I appreciated the way he stayed in touch with me. The communication was great, he was very informative and let me know exactly where we were in the process, what was needed to get things completed and how soon I would need those documents or what other information he needed. He was awesome and whenever I needed to reach out, he got back to me as soon as possible. Sometimes, it was a day later or two days later because he may have been busy but I appreciate it.

Once we set up the payment arrangements, there was one time when I had some pressing obligations and I had to stop the payment for a few days so I gave them a call and they told me to just let them know when they can make the draw. My Offer in Compromise was accepted and as far as what I have paid, you can’t beat it. It’s a fraction of the cost of what I owed the IRS. I highly recommend them and I told two friends that they need to reach out and contact Attorney’s Tax Relief as soon as possible to see if they could help with their tax situation.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A friend of mine went through Attorney's Tax Relief and they handled her issue very well. I owed taxes, and they did my issues as well. They brought mine from 14 to 8, and I'm about to start making my payments. The people I worked with have been helping me a whole lot. At first, I was confused with the program. I talked to one guy, but he's no longer there. Then another person told me something different. I was told that half will come out from the money I paid to them. Then, I found out that wasn't how it worked. Dee explained to me how to the process was. There were mainly two of them. They only had me set up a payment plan and I don't have to pay it fully. I've been with them since last year and I've been waiting for them to finally come with the settlement. Working with them has impacted me a lot because I'm able to plan a whole lot out of my pocket right now.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

State of Virginia Tax Settlement: We are very happy with the results of this State of Virginia case. We were able to reduce this client's debt with the State of Virginia from owing $24,000 to only owing $8,000. Dealing with State taxing authorities is difficult, and we are pleased that we were able to help this client to the degree that we did. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I spoke to Attorney's Tax Relief, they answered questions honestly that I already knew the answers to. I wanted to see if they were honest and knew what they were talking about. They negotiated a compromise with IRS, and they never overpromised anything. They handled everything and explained thoroughly every time something came up where I needed to know about it. What they told me before I did anything was exactly the truth, as it turned out to be one unique case that was going to drag out. They ended up having to spend three years to close on things and it came out to be a pretty good deal for me.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Stephanie **, the Settlement Officer listened to all of my tax concerns. She handled my tax debt professionally, and I am very happy with the work Attorney's Tax Relief has done for me. If the IRS is harassing you, Attorney's Tax Relief is the first place you should turn for guidance and peace of mind.

Factual basis uncertain
Resolution response: Feb. 3, 2018

Forget it. They are absolutely worthless and not worth my time. I am looking at a civil suit for the improperly filing of our state taxes which are now going to cost us ~$22,000-$24,000 not to mention they never informed us of a settlement that they had negotiated with the IRS for ~$150/month, so now the IRS WILL NOT accept anything less than $250/month which we can't afford. I'm done with this and I had BETTER not receive any further communication from them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Do not use this joke of a company. They only care about money and not taking care of their client. For around two years the only thing they did was screw up our taxes by improperly filing them and not informing us that they didn't file our back state taxes which has now run up a bill of around $22K, cost us thousands since they didn't properly file our taxes on the federal side as well. Then most recently, a BBB complaint was filed against this joke of a company. They responded to the BBB by saying that they would finish what they started and get us a settlement, so we dropped the complaint via a deal that was negotiated between the BBB, them, and us.

The owner tried using intimidation tactics against my wife which also helped to convince us to try to deal with them again in hopes of there being a positive outcome. A few month go by and we get an IRS agent at our door who later tells us that these scumbags dropped us (WITH NO COMMUNICATION TO US WHATSOEVER) and will no longer help us. I am looking for legal retaliation and a civil suit. These "lawyers" should be disbarred and prosecuted for this kind of abuse and unprofessionalism. If proof is necessary, we can relinquish all of our electronic communications between us and them as well as a few recorded conversations. These individuals DO NOT deserve to practice law.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

This client paid $400 for Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC to perform an Investigation into their tax case in January 2015. We performed the Investigation and determined that missing years of taxes needed to be filed. We filed their Federal and State tax returns for them at no charge. The clients then complained about our service at that time, and a full refund was issued for $400, which the clients received and deposited. Now, several months later, they filed this unwarranted complaint against Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC because an IRS Revenue Officer was assigned to their case. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief did a good job in helping me out with my taxes. They got my tx with IRS lower, and I felt great with the payment plan that they came up with.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Attorney's Tax Relief was the first one I heard after I realized how much I owed the IRS. I called them and the enrollment went smoothly. Then I worked with two different attorneys. The payment plan was easy and their reps did the best they could. The issue has been resolved and that was all that mattered to me. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I found Attorney's Tax Relief on the internet, I checked their reviews and they were good. First, they did an investigation. My son was behind on his taxes, and Attorney's Tax Relief charged $500 to see exactly what the IRS had against him. Then they negotiated with the IRS and offered a compromise. It turned out positive in the end. However, at first we were dealing with a lady named Julie and she was dealing with the attorney. Then we didn’t hear from her for the longest time and I had to follow-up a lot. The other attorney left so they needed to find somebody else. Plus, they didn’t do a very good job of putting the case together, so it got rejected the first time. It was very stressful.

I called Attorney's Tax Relief and asked to talk to the supervisor, and from then on it got better. However, I had to take the lead in telling them what needed to be done. All in all, I’m glad that we got the outcome that we did, but the cost was too high towards the end and I almost wanted to ask for a partial refund since I had to be involved so much.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

The attorney assigned to this case left the firm to be closer to his family in New York. We quickly assigned the case to another attorney, and the Offer in Compromise ultimately got accepted by the IRS. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I was searching around and I called up a couple of other companies. Attorney's Tax Relief got back to me and we started talking about taxes and stuff, and they were filling me in on this and that. They started to work with me, but the enrollment process took a while because I signed up way last year. Attorney's Tax Relief made it quick to get me signed up, but it seemed like a very long process to do that. Nevertheless, it was finalized a couple of weeks ago and we’re done with it. I still have two payments left that I have to finish but the debt has been accepted and everything is now filed. I paid a down payment and then the debt was split up to 258 a month.

The program was interesting because I never interacted with just one person as they had a lot of different attorneys working with me at one time. It was a little confusing because one would call me and say, "I need you to do this, I need you to do that", and then I would forget who I was working with. However, by getting that debt cleared, a lot of stress from worrying about it was taken off. Attorney's Tax Relief brought some positivity in and tackled on some of the things that were going on with me in my life. Everything was great with Attorney's Tax Relief and I will refer it over to someone if needed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Attorney’s Tax Relief settled my IRS tax debt with a payment plan but my case took longer than normal. It took almost two years to get something settled but the cost was good for the service they provided. They communicated with me and the IRS and they got a settlement and a payment plan.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I owed the IRS back taxes. And Attorney's Tax Relief was recommended to me by a friend who was having the same issues. It was easy enrolling with them. We came up with an offer and it was approved. I have gone through several people on their end and they were all courteous and professional. Also, they were able to answer all my questions.

Attorney's Tax Relief response

Attorneys Tax Relief, LLC got this client's Offer in Compromise accepted by the IRS in a timely manner. We are very happy with the results, and feel that the service we performed was better than 3 stars. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was in dire straits so I wanted to make sure and tried out Attorney's Tax Relief. I'm still working with them and so far, it's satisfactory. They've been very helpful. Every time I have a problem, I call and they were ready to address the problem and deal with it promptly. The rep Julie was very friendly and very helpful. She makes me feel comfortable when I speak to her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

After hearing about Attorney's Tax Relief on the radio, I went on a review site and saw some great reviews about it. And so I went with them. They were the first one I called and they got right on top of it. I work for the United States Post Office, was being levied, and the IRS was taking my whole check. I can bring home about $300 every two weeks and after Attorney's Tax Relief did what they did, I started getting my whole check back. They sent me an offer and compromise. I started the process in November 2016 and with the payments that I'm making I should be done paying what I owe the IRS by November of 2018.

About two months ago, I asked them something like, “If the IRS settle with me for say an amount of money per month, why should they take my whole tax return for 2017?” I should be able to receive my taxes if we settle for a monthly amount. And they haven't got back with me yet. Overall, they're a great company. They're willing to work with you and they're not money hungry. I'd already recommended them to two of my associates.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

When I first spoke with the Attorney's Tax Relief rep, they explained the process and the fees involved. At that time, it was a better route than what some other companies had offered. They were very professional. If they needed to speak to me, they would always contact me and let me know if they needed to get information or if there's information they wanted to share. So, it made it very easy to work with them. Once I provided them the information, they took care of what needed to be done from there and dealt with the IRS. And I didn't really have to be involved. Then anything that needed to be signed, they overnighted and I would sign it. Also, I could email or call if I needed to talk to them and someone would get back to me. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My son told me about Attorney's Tax Relief. I'm still working with them to solve my problems but I'm satisfied with them so far. Plus, they treat me really fine.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Attorney's Tax Relief is helping me with the State of California right now. The State of California is giving me a hard time with getting them my information and coming to an agreement. The person that's assigned to my case has been very difficult. When I first called Attorney's Tax Relief, I spoke to Andrew. He made me feel like I could trust him, which was a big deal for me. He was really personable and very easy to talk to. He also answered questions that I had. However, sometimes, it takes a while to get a callback from them. There was one time that it took a month for me to get a return call. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way everything has gone with Attorney's Tax Relief. It's been better than I expected it to go.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I initially called Attorney's Tax Relief, I felt like they're going to do what I needed to be done as far as my husband's situation. I had to gather some information for my husband to submit in. They assisted me and solved the Federal issues that he had and also agreed to help me with the state problems he has which they don't usually do so it was something extra. They told me that if I got the information, they would re-file the state taxes. They kept me informed on what they were doing and the processes that they were going through. However, we played a little telephone tag which was a problem in the beginning. They’d call and leave a message and I'd call back and had to leave a message as well. But eventually, it worked out. They explained things to me and made it where it was easy for me to understand what they were talking about. And they did what they were supposed to do.

Now, they're in the process of solving our tax issues. I received the paper in the mail from the IRS, saying that they accepted the offer that Attorney's Tax Relief made. So, we're following the instructions with what's going on now and hopefully, within the next couple of years, it will be straightened out. We're simply making payments and they settled where it was within our budget.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I would highly recommend this business for anyone with tax issues. It has been a wonderful experience working with them in such an unpleasant time. They are extremely courteous and professional. They went above and beyond what was expected.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

When I found out that my husband had all this debt he owed to the IRS, I called Attorney's Tax Relief to see if there was anything they could do to help us. They had amazing reviews. The first person who I talked to was Andrew. He was okay at first but he was very rude towards the end. I told them, "Forget it. I don't want anything to do with you all." They put me on the phone with Ken who was the higher up person. He was amazing and helped me in every way. We're still working on my issue, but everything's been resolved. Everything they said that they could do, they have done. I'm very happy. It's a long process and it's not completely finalized, but I got a letter in the mail from IRS and everything's been taken care of.

My husband doesn't see the bill and he has no idea, but so much relief and stress were taken off me. I don’t have to worry about $11,000 that needed to be paid so I'm very appreciative. I ended up paying Attorney's Tax Relief, but I don't feel the pressure of back taxes, back penalties and all of that adding up. I paid a third of the cost and I had the reassurance that they weren't going to try to take my house or any of my possessions, so I felt really good. Once Ken started helping me, it was amazing. I felt very comfortable and secured.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I got the services of Attorney’s Tax Relief after I was impressed with the way they tell everything in their advertisement on radio 1010. So far, they are doing an excellent job and I really appreciate it. They will keep in touch with me all the time and I feel so comfortable and confident with them. There was wonderful service. I will definitely recommend Attorney’s Tax Relief to my friends and families.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I got frustrated when my file at Attorney’s Tax Relief got stagnant for a while. The payment on my behalf was late and they started to freeze me. They forgot about me until I called and stayed on them. They got back on track and I felt good about it. While a couple of things that happened could have been better, they are human beings and people make mistakes. Besides, I was treated well when I spoke to them at their office that’s why I used them. For the overall effort, I was satisfied. They did a good job for me and they got it resolved. If I have to use them again, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I had to fax over a bunch of information, tax information, and paperwork to Attorney's Tax Relief. We tried several different things and they did the best that they could. The best result was this tax relief that I qualified for. I paid Attorney's Tax Relief with what was required and I'm waiting to hear something back from the IRS to say that I qualify for some kind of tax break. As long as I don't win the lottery or come into some inheritance, what I owe would be on hold or forgiven. The issue is not resolved but it's under control.

I was pretty much satisfied in the beginning with what was going on and then I got a little frustrated because I had spoken to someone else and the three girls I was working with weren't in sync until I spoke to the guy I started with. He took care of everything else and that made me completely satisfied. They did a good job handling my situation. Also, I worked with three different lawyers and they were patient, nice and understanding. At one point, I felt like I had the run-around but I understand that I'm not the only person that they're working on a case. I would use them again and I would recommend them.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I had one tax issue and it took Attorney's Tax Relief about a year and a half to resolve it. Under the circumstances, I had a pleasant feeling working with them. And overall, I had excellent service and the outcome was good.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I had gotten Attorney's Tax Relief's number from a friend. He had used the same one and had a good experience and I did as well. It was a pretty easy process. They did what they said they were going to do and they followed up on all the credit report stuff that needed to be done. The team walked me through it step by step to tell me what was going to happen like A, B and C. They told me what I need to do and afterward, they did everything so it's pretty worry-free. I always tell people about them and referred them to everybody that I knew that was going through the same process.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I saw the desperate need and I knew I needed to get my tax issues taken care of so I contacted Attorney's Tax Relief. They handled everything and they were prompt and upfront. I took care of anything they would ask me to do and my tax issue was taken care of. Overall, it's been awesome. I was satisfied and if I would recommend someone, it would be them.

Attorney's Tax Relief Company Information