2. Miscellaneous

2.0/5 (481 ratings)

About American Education Services

American Education Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Education Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Education Services?

Original review: July 15, 2021

Just found out I'm delinquent on my loans because they don't fall under the cares act. They never sent communication letting me know. They said I happened to be ahead in payments that's why it's just showing now.

Original review: June 28, 2021

American Education Services is robbing Americans of their hard-earned money. As others who have reviewed this company have noted, they are shady and provide no assistance to the borrower. I just recently found out that they do not fall under the Care Act, so during the pandemic, we did not get deferred interest even if they were federal loans. I have been out of college for almost 15 years and only borrowed $21,000 for school. I worked and got grants to supplement the cost. I have NEVER missed a payment on my loans or put them in forbearance and to this date, I have paid them $26,741.40 and $15K of that total is interest alone. They're saying I still owe them over $9K.

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH STUDENT LOANS IN AMERICA TODAY! There needs to be a cap on how these companies can charge interest on student loans. I would love to go back to get my master's degree, but I won't do it simply because of what I've gone through with undergrad. PLEASE SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I had AES loans for over 27yrs. My original loan balance was $41,989.57 and additional $3,850 for 2 courses after the Master's degree. The total amount of loans at that time was $45,839.57. By the end of year 2000 the interest amount was $19,642.72 which made my total loan amount increased to $76,098.24. I paid off several of the smaller subsidized and nonsubsidized loans over the years. As years went by, I struggled to pay off loans, no matter what I paid the interest kept going. I was told in 2000 I consolidated my loans at 8.25% which I don't remember doing. My loans were in and out of forbearance and deferment since then. Now today, my loans has increased to $108,339.29. That's $62,499.71 interest added on a 45,839.58 student loan. No matter how much I have pleaded with them over the years, they simply say, "there's nothing we could do about it". These loans are designed to destroy young people rather than help.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Probably the worse thing I ever did was refinance with this shady company. Horrible company to communicate and deal with. They dont fall under the Cares Act so of course are not offering relief during the pandemic. They are semi quasi-government and hide behind that when it comes to making mistakes or lawsuits from what I hear. I hope President Biden passes the student loan payment forgiveness soon and cancels student loans and puts all of them on the unemployment line!!!! #cancelAES Cancel student loans put AES out of business!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

So I get 2 emails about my credit being delinquent on Saturday morning. I pay my bills on time. My good credit destroyed over interest that I didn’t know was due. Less than 100.00. They reported on my credit report the full amount of the loan being delinquent. Interest was apparently due. No notification by mail or email. I thought student loan interest was 0% till end of year because of Covid. I can’t even create an account online my information they have isn’t correct. Can’t talk to anybody because it’s Saturday. My daughters account showing nothing due. She doesn’t even have the loan in her name and I can’t create on online account in my name. I plan on getting a loan through my bank if I can because my credit is now ruined on Monday and plan on never dealing with with company again. Shame on our PA government for allowing this company to operate.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I sent in a cashier's check for a pay off with their name as payee my information on the memo line including my account. There is no payment on my account. They can't find it which is FUNNY bc the cashier's check cleared on the 15th yet here it is the 18th and I'm being told NOW I have to prove THEY are the ones that cashed the cashier's check made out to them. That's stealing in my book. How would anyone else cash a check made out to them??? And now I have to put in MORE work to prove it. Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

First, this student loan servicing company does NOT fall under the CARES Act. They are a blood-sucking bank-owned company with their own rules. Sometimes they receive what you send, sometimes they don’t. Communication is poor, to say the least, unless you are late on your payments. Then, look out, robocall calls begin. They must get commissions on that. They are not helpful in helping you during tough times either. I had cancer twice and neither time did they help me with payments. Your payments DO NOT go towards the FEFL 120 payments and you’re done stuff because they are bank-owned and considered a private loan. They still report you to them though when you miss payments which risk your wages being garnished. Do yourself a favor and JUST DON’T. Stick to Federal student loans and only borrow what you absolutely must get. Pay it off ASAP. Don’t use these ya-hoos.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I received a forbearance from American Education Services until 7/31/2020. The interest continues to accumulate. The forbearance being offered by the federal government and PHEAA is until 9/30/2020 with the interest rate lowered to 0%. I inquired why AES is not offering the same terms. I was told that I do not have a federal loan. After some research I found that AES is owned by PHEAA. I also found that the CARES Act has a provision for student loans. I sent another email to AES. I am waiting for a reply.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This is the absolute worst evil and corrupt organization I have ever seen. I have been paying on my sons student loan of $61,000 since 2006 and still have $38,000 left as of May 2020. I asked for assistance due to COVID and they said I could get 3 months deferred payment with interest continuing to accrue. NOW I got a letter stating they have 'renegotiated' my loan so I have to start paying all over again with interest at 5% (not the 4.75% I originally had) and instead of paying the loan off in 10 years it will be another 16 years!!! 30 years to pay off a student loan at $320 per month! And... They don't have a phone number to actually talk with someone. You can only contact them through email. if you want to join in exploring a class action lawsuit my phone is **, Mike.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I took a loan of $20,000 back in 2003 and have pain over $40,000 on interests alone, and still owe a balance of almost $17,000. How is that possible. They keep changing the repayment terms and try so much to make it impossible for you to repay the loan. Now I looking for another loan from another source to pay off their balance and move on. I wish the government can clamp down on them and save the people. As far as I'm concerned what they are doing ought to be criminal.

American Education Services Company Information