American Education Services

American Education Services Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Education Services?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Education Services?

Reviewed July 11, 2024

American Education Services (AES) is the worst. Just spoke with Rachel who was condescending and did not answer any of my questions. She kept saying, "As I've been trying to tell you, we don't know anything contact Borrower Defense." When I told her Borrower Defense advised me to contact AES in regards to several matters, she would cut me off and simply tell me to call Borrower Defense again. Even when I tried asking a separate question she huffed and puffed, claimed to know nothing while insisting I didn't understand until I just had to hang up with my questions unresolved.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2024

I am still trying to figure out if they are a collection agency or a loan for education. If you're even a couple days late they call multiple times. They will never leave a message and treat you as if you are a terrible person, very condescending and not very helpful. Again more of a collection agency with practices I do wonder cross the line.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed June 25, 2024

I called to try to figure out why one of the loans they claim I owe isn't showing up with the FSA. The woman I spoke to was extremely belligerent, nasty, contradicting me at every turn and not letting me explain myself. She insisted, over and over, that they've only had my loan for the past 10 days, and tried to foist me off on someone else when I insisted that no,

I've been communicating with AES for a while now about this loan. I kept getting bounced back to her. Finally I dug out the electronic communication I'd had in the past with them and told her I'd communicated with them about these specific things a year ago. It was then she realized SHE HAD THE YEAR WRONG. She had been talking to me extremely nastily and condescendingly while the whole time she had been making a huge error. She didn't apologize, just finally managed to foist me off on someone else. It was a horrible experience and if I never have to deal with AES again I'll be happy.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I’ve been an AES “customer” for 8 years. They are by far the absolute worst and most obnoxious loan servicer I’ve ever had the displeasure of working with. Rude, nasty, threatening employees, and they deliberately make taking literally any action in regards to your student loans as complicated as possible. Terrible website, terrible customer service, hostile, predatory policies: avoid these inhumane parasites at all costs.

Reviewed June 9, 2024

I have a private student loan originally for $50,000.00. I paid roughly 47,000.00. Today I owe more than 80,000.00 and my payments are over $1000.00. At this moment I am not working because I take care of my elderly parents and a sister who has cancer and I called the company to see if I could get a reduction or forbearance and I was just declined without any remorse to my situation. They have zero humanity and zero integrity. AES should be embarrassed by their practices and evil behavior and actions!!! Please do not attain a loan from them. You will have a life of regret.

Reviewed March 24, 2024

I've had a loan with AES since 2005. Never late on a payment and have auto pay. I have paid through the COVID pandemic (did not grant any relief as it's not considered a federal loan) and a health care professional. They offer no options for public service loan forgiveness just an option to consolidate but this is very difficult to do and since it's considered through private lender, it doesn't count towards forgiveness. They also have my information incorrect and it is up to me to send them a ton of documentation to fix an error on their end. They will not offer any type of deferment or forgiveness options as I don't check all their boxes or meet all their documentation requirements. This company needs to be held accountable for their predatory actions.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2023

I took out a 15K student loan in 2006 to go to school. Fast forward it's almost 2024 and my balance has somehow increased to 24K and my minimum monthly payment goes up every month (Currently 480). I called today to get payment options/forbearance and told this loan doesn't qualify for either and I need to make my minimum payment or my account will get reported as delinquent. I told the representative, "Go ahead. This loan place is a joke. How have I paid all these years on time and my loan has done nothing but increase and now due to the current economic inflation." I need lower payments or time extended to make a payment but they have no options for me. At this point. I don't care I will never send another dime to AES. Report me. :-)

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2023

We consolidated two loans back in 2000 with this company. They take the monthly payment and split a percentage between the two loans, so you make one payment to them, but they put the money on TWO loans. I am still paying on a $8000 loan from 2000. When I tried to arrange overpayment, they took my overpayment and split THAT between the two loans. Now I see where they are "offering" targeted payments online again. I'm going to try it and hopefully, it will work out. If not, I'll refinance the loan with another company, something I should have done YEARS AGO. Let this be a cautionary tale. Do not use this company. If you are stuck here, get out as soon as you can.

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2023

This site won't let me leave a 0 rating, so I had to leave a 1. This company is either incompetent or malicious. For 3 months, I sent them payment via BillPay the same way that I send other payments. The account number is on two different places on the check, and no one else has ever had issues with it. 3 months in a row, I have to contact AES about a missing payment and submit a copy of the cancelled checks. Each time, they "magically" found it. Had I not been the type to monitor my accounts, I wouldn't have known that the payments had not been credited. I've asked more than once what the issue is, and no response. Either this company is completely incompetent, or they purposely do this in hopes that they'll collect late fees.

Reviewed June 11, 2023

Did anyone else keep applying for forbearances, reduced payment plans, or deferments yet AES kept claiming they had no record of those applications? This kept happening to me with this company and it impeded my ability to get help making affordable payments, and also led to me thinking they were processing the forms only to learn that the debt was just accruing. When they’d say they’d then send more forms they didn’t. When they’d say they’d forbear while forms are processing they didn’t. Every time I talked to them it was like ask previous conversations and forms I already did just ceased to exist. They then would dismiss me when I’d try to find out why this was happening.

Additionally, their site was frequently down or crashing, making it difficult to handle the business online. Then when you call if you’re lucky enough to get through to a human in a reasonable amount of time (rare), they try To then push you to the crashing glitchy website rather than help you. It’s a loop of their bad website, disorganization, and poor customer service that interferes with customers' ability to pay back loans within their ability to do so.

They didn’t defer for Covid either which is uncool. Further, it looks like some of my federal loans had been moved over to this private servicer which is also uncool. Those should have stayed with federal loan services so I could defer during Covid. Anyone else that has had similar inability to address their loans ands needs should communicate with each other. They need to be sued. They’re driving people into default by always losing applications and then making you do it again and again. Meanwhile, late payments add up because you can’t get help from them.

American Education Services Company Information