3.37/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

American Education Services

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

307 American Education Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have been trying to pay off my loan for weeks now. I get messages saying they returned my payment because it was rejected by my financial institution (PNC). I have spoke with PNC two times now and they say they never received any payments, or have never rejected anything. That something is wrong on AES end. I have called AES and customer support does not know what's going on. I have been placed on hold numerous times and transferred to multiple people. No one knows the answer. I'm basically stuck. And to kick it off, Every single day $1.25 is added to my loan through interest. So I am now on day 20 since I've tried paying off the loan. That is an extra $25 so far.

I am on the phone with them right now and they now say it will be another week until things clear on their end to see my situation. However, the interest still builds. They "unfortunately" cannot pause interest or revert it back to my original payment. So because they are making mistakes on their end, I have to pay an extra $30-50 (don't know how long it will take). It's not a great deal of money in comparison to the loan. But anyone who paid off a large student loan will tell you, this hassle and extra money at the end is devastating. I just want it paid off but they basically aren't taking my money. Look elsewhere when trying to fund school.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I have never borrowed from this company. I am 80 years old. I had a neighbor across the street some 20 years ago who apparently had a student loan from AES. I vaguely remember him. He lived across the street from me for three years. According to AES he recently died. I would guess he would have been in his 50s when he was my neighbor. Today, I received a letter from AES telling me they were sorry for MY loss (I hardly knew him), but that I need to pay off his student loan(s)! They told me I MAY be eligible for a partial or full discharge, IF I provide them with his death certificate. WHAT???? These people are insane!

I live in a community with CC&Rs. Do our CC&Rs require that we now have to pay off our neighbors' loans? I went through the most recent 120 reviews for AES on this site. There were two 3-star reviews, five 2-star reviews, and one 4-star review. The rest were all 1-star reviews. According to my math, that is an average of 1.1 stars. How do they rate 3+ stars???? Like Ross Perot said, "This is what's wrong with America today!"

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

This is one of the most difficult and dishonest organizations to work with. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. I have been struggling for two years to get them to realize that I am still in school and they continue to send me bills every semester for my student loans. I repeatedly call them, email forms, mail forms, fax forms, have my school call them, etc. etc. and every semester the same issue happens. It is unbelievable. I just got off the phone with them for two (2!!) hours trying to figure this out and basically they just say it's not their problem if they don't have the right documentation and so I have to fix it on my end. Even though I have paper and electronic verification of the multiple times I have sent in my Enrollment Verification Certificate and I would be happy to send it in again. For the love of all that is holy, stay away from AES.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I am not surprised to read about so many other reviews of the terrible customer service of AES. Had login trouble getting into my account this morning, so I called later in the day to get help. Three different reps told me they needed an account password to verify my account. I have no idea what they're talking about. For the past four years, I've consistently paid my bill every month on time and never had a problem with the website until today. They tell me I need to send in a request in writing to fix the password issue. Really? I gave them my full date of birth and SS number and still they can't verify it without this stupid password. I don't even remember setting this up. Most "normal" companies can easily verify your identity with a SS number to resolve these issues except for AES. Anyone reading this, spread the word about AES.

Original review: June 17, 2019

It's bad enough that they raise your interest rates to whatever rate they want whenever they want, but they are difficult to work with, their customer service persons are not only unhelpful, they are rude on top of it (this included their online chat persons as well. If you have a question they treat you like you're an idiot and make it almost impossible to make a change on your account. If you pay a bill the day it's due, be prepared to get a phone call. If it's due on say the 10th, and you process your payment on their website on the 8th or 9th, even though your payment is EARLY, they will start harassing you with phone calls because their system takes 3 days minimum to process the payment on their end.

Oh and they don't call you, the primary borrower. They call your co-signers first. It's awesome knowing you're making your payments on time but they call your parents anyways because their payment system is slow, and then your parents think you're not being responsible. I am going to get these loans refinanced with any other borrower as soon as I can. I can't say enough bad things about AES. If you can hep it, do not borrow with them. You'll thank me later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Education Services?

Original review: June 10, 2019

I deeply hate AES. I hope they go bankrupt. I was told that my aunt who agreed to be my cosigner will be crossed out of the student loan after 4 years of consecutive payments on time. It’s been 10 years and AES still refuses to take her off. I didn’t miss a single payment and paid more than what I was supposed to. They discriminate against me because I am Canadian. They cannot accept any credit information other than from USA. I sent them multiple documents but none of them works because their bureaucrats have issues when someone does not have USA social security number. Now my aunt wants to buy a house and she cannot 'cause she has my loan on her name. Thank you AES for putting me in this situation.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Allowed my daughter to only pay interest on loan for 10 years w/o consulting me!! Now she defaults and I owe full amount!!!! So I paid!! Now they owe me 'cause payoff was wrong and say 30 days? Total POS company! RUN!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Having 2 loans through this company. Had both loans switched to same due date. After a forbearance, they decide to change my dates back to original due dates (2 separate dates). I went to pay my bill on the phone and requested to switch my dates switched back. The customer service said gladly. Few days later got an email saying I was denied due to no signature. Ok?!

Did it online (where it asks for no signature). Got a email saying it was declined due to no dates. I looked at my Confirmation email received showing the different dates. Did it online a 3rd time and decided to call to make sure. The lady was very nice and did great but got the run around on “first person should told you need to mail a letter or online” explained every attempt. She spoke with supervisor to tell me “just mail/fax in a RANDOM paper requesting or file out a request form they can send me in the mail, NOT able to send it by email.” They are able to take some paper anyone could write instead of a printed paper emailed to a specific person? After an easy hr of my life wasted with this company. I’m going to be hit with a late fee and try a 4th attempted to try to change something as small as a due date. I have 3 other loans through other companies. I recommend using them, not AES.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This company guarantor or whatever.. is inept (or they are inept). I've been dealing with this company for OVER A YEAR for a teacher forgiveness application. Unless you call, they do not let you know what you need or not need for the application. Always telling you "you are missing ... " Once you send it, unless you call, you will not know they actually received it. After they receive what they said they were missing, magically when you call again, you need something else. IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE STARS I WOULD! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! THEY DO NOT WANT TO APPROVE ANYTHING!

YOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE MISSING SOMETHING! BE PREPARED TO GIVE YOUR LIFE HISTORY --- maybe from the time you were conceived to the time that you call. Maybe then, they will get a clue and learn how to do their jobs and tell you from the get go what you actually need! Keep copies of everything! Keep dates of everything and keep the names and times of the people you speak to and the dates you called!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Got misinformation when I called - more than once - to ask if I needed to consolidate my loans again to qualify for the Public Service loan forgiveness program. I was ASSURED that I didn't need to do that. That ultimately cost me $54,000 and 7.5 years of payments toward the program. Now instead of 2.5 years of payments, I have to start over: TEN MORE YEARS. Pretty much says it all.

American Education Services Company Information