Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

AllClear ID Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2020

I have AllClear identity protection through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. They notify me as soon as there is any activity on my account. One of my credit cards got compromised a few years ago, and they notified me within a few hours, which made it very easy to get the issue resolved. They also send monthly email reports. I am very satisfied with them.

Original review: April 17, 2020

My credit report was combined with another person due to a mistake in a social security number. The other person had numerous bills that were never paid and these came onto my credit report along with this other person's name. It took some time but in the end Chris G at AllClear got everything fixed. Chris made sure to reach out to me frequently and worked hard to fix the inaccurate report. Thank you Chris, much appreciated.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I get the AllClear ID benefit through my employer. They do a great job at making sure my identity hasn't been stolen. If it had been stolen I know they'd do a great job at getting everything fixed for me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My experience was very different from some others here. I don't mean to deny the experiences of others, just to add my own very positive experience into the mix.

I got the service for free as an Anthem customer, and when my identity was stolen, case managers for AllClearID spent hours with me resolving problems and advising me on the steps I had to take myself, while sending me any forms that were necessary. All-in-all, my experience couldn't have been better. I understand that other providers offer more features, e.g., AllClearID doesn't scan the dark web. But it alerted me to the theft so that I could nip the problem in the bud and was consistently helpful and even persistent in the follow-up. I'm seriously grateful for what they did.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Hackers breached my workplace 2x. I got this “service” for “free”. What a pain! When I try to do my annual credit check, I’m blocked because of this useless service. They send me an email every month saying everything is good but they didn’t notice that someone else’s bad credit history has been attached to my report! Had it removed once, I had to do it. And the mysterious person in Chicago is back on my credit report again! Don’t use this useless service. What a waste and a pain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AllClear ID?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I registered in AllClear ID since Blue Cross was exposed to a data breach a couple of years ago. Today I received a collector's phone call regarding my little child who supposedly has an account on collection. I tried to verify this with AllClear but I couldn't log on to my account online. Also I spent 40 mins on the phone and the rep drove me in circles and never completed the connection to an identity theft specialist. She just kept going like a broken record over and over putting me on hold for periods of 5 to 10 mins. It should be a crime to steal people's time this way.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My Credit card and my business debit cards have all been used fraudulently multiple times. When I spoke to a rep he told me they only monitor my credit reports. So effectively they take a look inside the barn after the horse has been stolen. This company should be shut down.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Over two weeks after opening an new loan account I get a message from AllClear telling me I have an alert on my account. I tried to sign in to my Allclear account multiple times and kept getting login failed message. I then tried to call Allclear and got a message to leave my phone number and they would call me right away. They never called back. I then called the AllClear support line and talked to a representative. After asking me several questions to confirm my identity he said I had no alerts. I ask why AllClear called and said I did. He put me on hold and did find out there was an alert, which I acknowledged. He could not answer why web sign in failed or AllClear did not call back. Very disappointed in length of time it took to get alert and not being to timely access account to listen to alert.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I continue to get calls from AllClear ID saying I have new activity on my account. Trying to find out just what that new activity is 'is next to impossible'! I call them back at the number provided and get a similar confusing response. It ends requesting I provide my phone number, so they can immediately return the call. BUT, there was no call! I'm convinced a monkey with a bunch of bananas in a Tech Center could do a better job!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I went around in circles with this company for months. They call every few weeks and ask the same questions over and over. They will not listen to anything you say or do anything to help. I finally had enough and I protested their inability to help with ID theft and they closed my case. I'm filing a complaint with Blue Shield who provided this useless company as well.

AllClear ID author review by Rob Douglas

Company-sponsored program with three service levels provided only through companies and businesses who pay for and provide them to their customers. Business solutions to help respond to data breaches are also available.

• No enrollment required: Because the AllClear ID services are provided by outside businesses and companies to their customers, there is no enrollment required and you can instantly access your information if you are a member.

• Three service levels: AllClear ID services include Identity Theft Monitoring, Credit Monitoring and Fraud Alerts with Credit Monitoring. ChildScan alerts for children under 18 are included with all three services.

• Theft coverage and identity repair: Identity theft insurance up to $1 million in eligible expenses such as fraud losses and complete identity repair included.

• Secure phone alerts: Members are notified through a unique phone alert system that includes a secure Voice Key.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

AllClear ID Company Information