This company is not yet authorized. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Sittercity is an online meeting platform and app that helps connect families with babysitters, nannies or specialty caregivers for seniors or pets. The website and app feature secure messaging responses to sitters who apply for your post, access to sitter profiles and reviews and background check options.
Sittercity provides access to thousands of local sitters. Though paid membership is required to access most features, the site is a convenient way to find and compare potential sitters based on schedule, skills and other filters.
- CPR and first aid caregivers available
- Child, elder and pet care
- Identity authenticated by Experian
- Free to post for families and sitters
- Background checks cost extra
- Most services require membership
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Sittercity?
Sittercity is an online platform and app that connects families to babysitters, nannies and specialty care for seniors or pets. Sitters and caregivers post profiles, and parents and families post jobs that sitters in their area can view and apply for. It’s free to post, and premium membership provides access to the site’s advanced features that offer services like secure messaging, access to sitter profiles and reviews and background checks.
The site matches families with date-night babysitters, after-school babysitters, daytime babysitters, last-minute care, mother’s helpers, newborn and infant care and special needs care. You can find in-home, part-time and full-time child care options along with nanny services. CPR- and first-aid-trained caregivers are also available. The site matches sitters and families by several selectable filters, including skills, distance, rate and schedule.
Adult and special-needs care
For adult and companion care, Sittercity connects families with senior companions, rehabilitation care, certified nursing assistants, respite care, hospice care and medication assistance. Special-needs care for children includes caregivers experienced with ADD and ADHD, autism, diabetes, Down syndrome, epilepsy, OCD, deafness, blindness and more. Options also include virtual sitters.
Families looking for dog walkers, cat sitters, groomers, trainers and personalized pet care can also find providers on Sittercity. Extended pet care, drop-off, in-home and other types of pet care are available.
How does Sittercity work?
You can post a job for free on Sittercity and review the responses from interested sitters. To respond to potential candidates, you must upgrade to a premium membership. Through secure messaging, you can set up interviews directly with potential sitters before hiring them. The site also lets you read references and parent reviews for each sitter.
To verify applicants, you can view detailed sitter profiles that include their rates, work experience and qualifications. Sittercity’s premium membership also lets you search for local caregivers and post unlimited jobs. When you find a caregiver who matches your needs, you have the option to purchase a background check or motor vehicle record for that person.
All members are screened through the Family Watchdog database during the application process and throughout their membership. Sitters are authenticated by Experian when they register. The company uses several methods to monitor for scams and remove suspicious users.
How much does Sittercity cost?
Posting a job on Sittercity is free, but a premium membership, which starts at $35 a month at the time of publishing, is required to use the website’s matching services. A three-month membership costs $49, and a yearlong subscription is $98. Background checks are available for purchase on a case-by-case basis.
When you book a sitter through Sittercitty, you pay them through the website.
- Does Sittercity do background checks?
- Sittercity verifies the identities of applicants with Experian. The company does not conduct criminal and DMV background checks for free, but members can purchase these checks as part of the service. Sitters can run background checks on themselves to include with their profiles.
- How much does it cost to use Sittercity?
- Posting a job or profile on Sittercity is free. To use the site’s advanced services and contact potential sitters, you must purchase a premium membership.
- Is Sittercity available everywhere?
- Sittercity is not available everywhere. At the time of publishing, it is available in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Hartford, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
- Is Sittercity legit?
- Sittercity uses several methods to monitor for scams and identify fraudulent users, including the Family Watchdog database and regular analytical review processes. Sitters who post profiles must pass authentication with Experian to verify their identity.
Is Sittercity safe?
Busy parents will definitely appreciate the convenience of finding thousands of sitters in one place on Sittercity with profiles, references and reviews. Though most services are only accessible with a premium membership, the price is affordable and the site saves time on the usual back-and-forth of finding a trustworthy and reliable sitter.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Sittercity Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.