2.9/5 (481 ratings)

About Pearle Vision

Pearle Vision Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Horrible experience. Damaged lenses due to cheap blue filter coating coming off after 4 months of purchasing. Pearle Vision tells me now that even though I purchased lenses through them, they didn't make them - Cigna, in their words, covers a low end product. I went to Pearle since they advertise using Luxottica lenses, I was charged over $450 (lenses only, no frame, I brought my own since they didn't have a brand of my liking) and paid $140 copay. Was never told my lenses have no warranty since in fact were not made by them but by VSP. Now I know better!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Lady who helped find right eyeglasses for my daughter at Pearle Vision, was very helpful in finding the right pair looking at the face. She made sure they were not too big or small. They also sanitized glasses after every use by the customer.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2022

They knowingly overbilled me for services and will not issue a refund. They tried to cover their actions with the Attorney Generals office by submitting sloppy “backup” thinking it would be sufficient. They have been avoiding the Attorney General's request for documentation to support their reasoning for months. Because the Attorney General's office is limited and cannot take legal action, if they get enough people that have valid cases of fraudulent billing then they can escalate the issue. My advice would be to check your explanation of benefits from your insurance company against what you were asked to pay at the time of service. Demand Pearle Vision give you a breakdown of the bundled package pricing they charge you. Report Pearle vision to your insurance company if they will not assist you.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I suggest going here if you like getting your eyes examined in a filthy, unkept mess and you enjoy any necessary change requests ignored. The people you are allowed to interact with have no power, and the people you aren't allowed to interact with give no help.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Highway Robbery on HWY 9. (Note The # of Rip Off Reviews). I went into Pearle with a pair of bifocals for a 99 year old WW-II Veteran, who is in a resident of a nearby nursing home, down the street from Pearle. I explained that I needed to have his existing eyeglasses repaired as the only way the owner of the glasses could get there, would be by ambulance which isn't possible. I asked if he could either put the lenses back in (they had popped out). He barely looked at them and said: "the lenses were cut too small, that's why they fell out. You would have to replace the eyeglasses". I asked that he use whatever parts that could be reused to keep the price as low as possible. I heard him ask his assistant to get the $189.00 frames from the rack. He put them down and began calculating with a final price of $389.00 for a pair of "heavy duty" frames, assuring me this was my only option.

I decided to try another optometrist who took a look, went in the back, came out with the lenses in the frame and said he must've fell asleep with them on, the bridge of the nose got bent and it changed the shape of the frames around the lenses. It's fine now see and he twisted them like a pretzel to prove it. He said: "no charge" and absolutely refused a tip.

I sincerely hope there's a place in hell reserved for parasites like the guy who owns or runs this Pearle Vision Center. Poor Dr. Pearle must be doing cartwheels in his grave with this guy running the show! *Also note how many (one star) "Rip Off" reviews are on Yelp alone, I'll be reposting this message on social media everywhere!

Original review: April 24, 2022

Aida is amassing, always smiling, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She give you multiple options and give you all the time you need, never pressure you. She is a big reason I keep coming back.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I went for an eye exam on Rt 4 Paramus in September. It just wasn't a pleasant experience as I felt like a gadget on an assembly line for the 15 minutes I was there. I got through it and I just had to pay my insurance copay which I was happy about. So I thought. I ended up getting billed after the insurance submission. It cost me $60.00 and the insurance paid $185.00. I cannot quantify that amount for the services I received.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The corporate office does not care what franchises do and refused to help me get $190 (by check) that I was due as a refund (2 complaint tickets before responding) because lenses were not dispensed and I went elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Kevin and Courtney are by far the best to deal with at Pearle Vision. Such a great company and group that Kevin has at his locations. They will help you find just the right style that you are looking for.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The doctor was very professional and detailed. Additional options for imaging was offered which I was totally unaware but took advantage of this opportunity. There was an extra fee but it was disclosed way in advanced for you to make an informed decision prior to your consultation. The fee was 50.00 at that time but I am a senior citizen and definitely want to keep a check on my eyes as much as possible. This was a great visit and I hope that this comment have been helpful.

Pearle Vision author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1961 in Savannah, GA, Pearle Vision is now one of the leading eye wear retailers in the U.S. With more than 1,000 branches across Europe and in the Middle East, Pearle Vision has also become an international name in eyewear.

• Onsite fulfillment: Pearle Vision fills almost every prescription eyeglass order using their attached fulfillment center, so wait times are minimized.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Bring back any pair of glasses within 30 days for a repair, replacement or exchange with no hassle and no explanation.

• Free adjustments: Over time, wear can cause glasses to shift, so bring them in to a Pearle Vision center for a professional adjustment. This will improve their fit and make them much more comfortable over the long run.

• Free cleaning: Even with the most careful cleaning routine, dirt and grime can build up in hard to reach places, so be sure to have glasses cleaned for free by Pearle Vision professionals.

• BOGO deals: At Pearle Vision, buy one pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses and get another pair free. Or get a pair to wear indoors as well as one for driving.

Pearle Vision Company Information