Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Pearle Vision Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

We have been going to Pearle Vision in Sioux Falls for many years. They always work well with our vision insurance, have plenty of eyeglass options and always get back to us in a timely manner. Went yesterday again with my daughter and they kept everything affordable on a budget.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I went into Pearle Vision of Eden Prairie for pick from. I will the first time and was very happy with how I was treated and taken care of. Everyone there was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Josh was great. Helped me with my glasses and explained things I didn't understand. I felt no pressure. They had plenty of glasses to pick from. I will definitely use them again.

Tami

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Recently I've traveled to California where in my return journey my glasses are broken. That was really a bad day to me. When came back to my home town as my friend suggested I've visited Pearle Vision. I was really admired by the process they are working. I thought of taking new glasses where the optometrist fixed my glasses. They have saved my money and fixed my glasses. This made my day. Thank you Pearle Vision.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I have to say, the folks at the Pearle Vision I went to were so helpful. From the eye doctor, who was so patient with me (I hate getting my eyes checked) to the lovely young lady that helped me pick out my glasses, everyone was knowledgeable and pleasant. I'll be back again, that's for sure.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Recently my friend referred to this group where I went to my regular eye check up and for my glasses. The level of service which I got here is really excellent which I can say that this is the best one I had till now. I'm using my spectacles from last 10 years, I've visited various eye care centers but I didn't get this kind of positive service from no one. I really felt very happy with the service and other thing I have to mention is the doctors, they are well qualified and experienced. Overall I would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I've gone to the Pearle store in Elk River, MN. The people are very nice, courteous and helpful. Now to appreciate and/or understand my disappointment, it is relevant to mention that for 15 years I've done business with the Walmart Optical department in Elk River. Walmart always provided a good value of product and service, as well as getting my glasses quickly, and the lenses we very good quality (I had a problem with one lens, but otherwise no scratches over many years).

I went to Pearle because my health insurance and employer provided "incentives". However, in spite of these incentives, and a nice selection of frames not found at Walmart (name brand pricey stuff...Rayban, etc.), after only a couple of years I'm on my second set of lenses with the first set chipping in the corner, and now this second set has scratches...noticeable scratches, not to mention that the coating is coming off of the frame (yeah, the more expensive frame!), and I didn't treat the Walmart glasses any different than these.

I've only taken the time to mention this here because the last set of replacement lens took 2 weeks to get. And I should add that picking up the new lenses took an "appointment", and in spite of that appointment it took more than 45 minutes for them to put the new lenses in the frame. I had a lens replaced once at Walmart, no appointment, stopped in on the way home from work, and I was walking out the door in 10 minutes! I don't plan on going back to, or dealing with, Pearle again. After the long wait to get them in first place, and the dramatic process of getting lenses replaced...twice is enough.

I will add that the glasses I got at Pearle were considerably more expensive than their Walmart counterpart, but I liked the frames...and it evened out a little by the "incentives"...but in hind sight I wish I'd have gone with Walmart then...as I will now. In fact, I'll just start using/wearing my old glasses. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not so much.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I recently bought Amazon's new Echo Frames and was so excited about it that I rushed out to Pearle Vision to start the process for getting the lenses before the frames arrived. The clerk was skeptical until I showed her the specifications on my Amazon receipt when she very confidently assured me that they would have no problem getting the lenses for me. The next day, my frames arrived and I promptly took them to Pearle Vision to continue the process. The clerk told me that it would be 2-3 days (which I verified meant business days) and they would be ready for me.

I patiently waited 2 days longer than that, returning the same day the following week after I had started to wonder why I was not yet contacted. The clerk checked on things, and realized that the company had stored my frames in the back room, and never sent them to the location that was supposed to fit the lenses to them. She then claimed that with the included shipping and handling time that was still necessary, it would take at least another 3 business days to complete my purchase.

At this point, I was upset and felt that I deserved to be compensated for their errors. I was set in the corner to wait for a manager for the better part of half an hour. After complaining a bit to the manager, she agreed to give me a 14% refund for my troubles, and to get the glasses completed for me and back to the same store ready to go by no later than noon the following day. This felt reasonable to me and I left feeling comfortable that they had done a good job of making amends.

No more than an hour later, I received a call from their store stating that they didn't think they could install the lenses without breaking the wiring in the frames and destroying them completely. At this point, I was given one of two options, accept a refund and come get the frames the next day, or give them permission to destroy the expensive frames while attempting to fit the lenses. I made it clear that I didn't like either option and deserved more than a full refund for all my time and travel, but they refused. At this point, I did not trust anything that they were telling me, and insisted on getting the location that the frames were currently at, multiple cities away, and rushed out to retrieve them before the store closed and more problems could arise.

When I arrived at the store, they had the police there waiting for me, and they refused to do anything other than refund the purchase price of the item that they refused to sell to me. No compensation for my time, reneging on their promises, or the gas and wear and tear on my vehicle with the multiple trips I had to expend to straighten things out, included the extra long drive required to retrieve my glasses. And the case that I had left them in had conveniently disappeared, while they claimed that they never accept cases to protect expensive frames that are brought in for service. Then the company had me trespassed from their store for good measure. All because I insisted that they follow through on a contract.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My daughter suggested computer glasses. I went to Pearle Vision (PV). PV talked me into a top of the line digitally mastered trifocals ($1600). They said that there would be slight areas in the extreme lower L&R that would be out of focus when reading. When they came there was only one word per line that was IN focus! When I complained they tried to say that they had indicated this. BS! Who wants to turn their head to read from word to word. Then they proclaimed that there were no refunds! I should have contacted VISA. But they offered 3 separate pairs of glasses: Distance, Computer, Reading. All with good frames and all the coatings and variable sunglasses on the distance glasses. I was talked into it. Bottom line. I used the computer glasses for 3 months ('to let my eyes adjust to them').

My eyes get so tired by the end of the day I can't read my computer screen! My eyes are watering and stinging. Store bought cheaters from CVS do better!!! And it took 3 tries to get them good enough to carry out of the store... The distance glasses were worse. Can't use them at all. I gave up trying. The reading glasses are the best of the lot, but these too are no better than $20 dollar glasses from CVS. Which I'm wearing now (after $1600 :-/ ).

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have used my local Pearle Vision store for my eye exam and glasses purchases even though they are most expensive, will not use my insurance, and take a long time after purchase to deliver my glasses. They carry a brand of glasses frames I like that I can’t get at other stores. On my most recent visit, the Optometrist noticed that my left eye had much poorer vision, most likely due to a cataract. He recommended that I make an appointment with my Ophthalmologist to determine why my left eye was so much worse than my right eye.

I asked if I should go ahead with ordering glasses until after the follow up exam. I noted that my parents had cataract surgery and have not worn glasses since their lens implants. He said I should order glasses, but would be able to change the order after my follow up exam, if necessary. I had my Ophthalmologist exam 3 days later, which confirmed cataracts. My Cataract Surgeon confirmed that trifocal lenses could be implanted that would most likely eliminate the need for glasses. I called to cancel my + $1000 glasses order 3 days after leaving the store. The store refused the cancellation, claiming the new lenses were already made.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

A Plastic coating, that was considered to be an upgraded option was applied to my corrective lenses and deteriorated within 2 years of purchasing. This created a cloudy lens. My wife and I visited the store last spring and were told initially by an associate that the coating was only supposed to last 1-2 years. We asked her why would we were not informed of this at the time of purchase? We then asked to speak with the store manager. The store manager then changed the "diagnosis" and said that the eyeglasses were scratched, which is why the lens was cloudy.

My wife was now upset that we were suddenly being blamed, especially since she purchased her glasses the same day and could see through her lenses just fine. I explained that this couldn't be possible since I kept my glasses in the case when not worn and polished them with the tools that Pearle Vision gave me. My wife knew that I took excellent care of my glasses and she asked for the manufacturer's information. I contacted the manufacturer who also would not help. I issued my concern with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General and learned that the owner of the Pearle Vision franchise that I purchased my glasses from lied to the Attorney General stating that I was negligent in caring for my glasses.

If I had known that the coating would fail, I would have NEVER bought it! We even told Jim's store manager that had they been transparent with this known issue before anyone bought, no one would! The store manager said nothing. I am concerned that others have experienced this same issue and were blamed like we were that the damage was due to negligent care. I am concerned that Pearle Vision knows that 99 out of 100 will replace their prescriptions every two years anyway and if not, fall victim to being blamed for not taking care of their glasses. Pearle Vision and its supplier can then continue to make a substantial profit, continue the lie, instead of owning the outcome of a known problem.

I replaced my prescription glasses with another eye care organization. I was told that these coatings are known to scratch and even chip! If a material used in the manufacturing process is known to last a limited timeframe, this information should be disclosed before purchase. We were given a 12 month warranty when Pearle Vision and the manufacturer KNEW that the material would fail shortly after that. How poor does it get when we cannot even trust a medical institution to care for us in an ethical manner.

Not sure about Pearle Vision?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Glasses Online for you.

Pearle Vision expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1961 in Savannah, GA, Pearle Vision is now one of the leading eye wear retailers in the U.S. With more than 1,000 branches across Europe and in the Middle East, Pearle Vision has also become an international name in eyewear.

• Onsite fulfillment: Pearle Vision fills almost every prescription eyeglass order using their attached fulfillment center, so wait times are minimized.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Bring back any pair of glasses within 30 days for a repair, replacement or exchange with no hassle and no explanation.

• Free adjustments: Over time, wear can cause glasses to shift, so bring them in to a Pearle Vision center for a professional adjustment. This will improve their fit and make them much more comfortable over the long run.

• Free cleaning: Even with the most careful cleaning routine, dirt and grime can build up in hard to reach places, so be sure to have glasses cleaned for free by Pearle Vision professionals.

• BOGO deals: At Pearle Vision, buy one pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses and get another pair free. Or get a pair to wear indoors as well as one for driving.

• Best for: Professionals and Contacts wearers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team