2.9/5 (477 ratings)

About Pearle Vision

Pearle Vision Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Kevin and Courtney are by far the best to deal with at Pearle Vision. Such a great company and group that Kevin has at his locations. They will help you find just the right style that you are looking for.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The doctor was very professional and detailed. Additional options for imaging was offered which I was totally unaware but took advantage of this opportunity. There was an extra fee but it was disclosed way in advanced for you to make an informed decision prior to your consultation. The fee was 50.00 at that time but I am a senior citizen and definitely want to keep a check on my eyes as much as possible. This was a great visit and I hope that this comment have been helpful.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I wanted 7 pairs of glasses, 3 different types of lenses and a duplicate pair of 40 percent black tinted lenses which was lighter than their black tint sample. Many issues with the brand's lab producing a match. At the end I got everything I wanted. Best collection of glasses I ever owned. Would not have happened without the Peoria store manager keeping track of everything along the way. Thank you Peoria Pearle Vision store manager!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Good glasses but pricing is too high. When my glasses broke, (which I bought from Pearle Vision) the cost of repair was so high I had to go somewhere else to have them repaired. The cost was almost 1/2 the cost of the glasses!

Original review: June 28, 2021

Choosing the right frames is not an easy task but the sales manager Lloyd was very patient and he made sure I got the right frames. I was impressed with the team work too. Keep up the good work work. The pricing was great too.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Highway Robbery on HWY 9. (Note The # of Rip Off Reviews). I went into Pearle with a pair of bifocals for a 99 year old WW-II Veteran, who is in a resident of a nearby nursing home, down the street from Pearle. I explained that I needed to have his existing eyeglasses repaired as the only way the owner of the glasses could get there, would be by ambulance which isn't possible. I asked if he could either put the lenses back in (they had popped out). He barely looked at them and said: "the lenses were cut too small, that's why they fell out. You would have to replace the eyeglasses". I asked that he use whatever parts that could be reused to keep the price as low as possible. I heard him ask his assistant to get the $189.00 frames from the rack. He put them down and began calculating with a final price of $389.00 for a pair of "heavy duty" frames, assuring me this was my only option.

I decided to try another optometrist who took a look, went in the back, came out with the lenses in the frame and said he must've fell asleep with them on, the bridge of the nose got bent and it changed the shape of the frames around the lenses. It's fine now see and he twisted them like a pretzel to prove it. He said: "no charge" and absolutely refused a tip.

I sincerely hope there's a place in hell reserved for parasites like the guy who owns or runs this Pearle Vision Center. Poor Dr. Pearle must be doing cartwheels in his grave with this guy running the show! *Also note how many (one star) "Rip Off" reviews are on Yelp alone, I'll be reposting this message on social media everywhere!

Original review: April 24, 2022

Aida is amassing, always smiling, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She give you multiple options and give you all the time you need, never pressure you. She is a big reason I keep coming back.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I went for an eye exam on Rt 4 Paramus in September. It just wasn't a pleasant experience as I felt like a gadget on an assembly line for the 15 minutes I was there. I got through it and I just had to pay my insurance copay which I was happy about. So I thought. I ended up getting billed after the insurance submission. It cost me $60.00 and the insurance paid $185.00. I cannot quantify that amount for the services I received.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The corporate office does not care what franchises do and refused to help me get $190 (by check) that I was due as a refund (2 complaint tickets before responding) because lenses were not dispensed and I went elsewhere.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I went and had my eyes checked and I am awaiting for the glasses. I called to check to see if they came in yet never had to wait two weeks for glasses before and they hung up on me twice. Not good customer service.

Pearle Vision author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1961 in Savannah, GA, Pearle Vision is now one of the leading eye wear retailers in the U.S. With more than 1,000 branches across Europe and in the Middle East, Pearle Vision has also become an international name in eyewear.

• Onsite fulfillment: Pearle Vision fills almost every prescription eyeglass order using their attached fulfillment center, so wait times are minimized.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Bring back any pair of glasses within 30 days for a repair, replacement or exchange with no hassle and no explanation.

• Free adjustments: Over time, wear can cause glasses to shift, so bring them in to a Pearle Vision center for a professional adjustment. This will improve their fit and make them much more comfortable over the long run.

• Free cleaning: Even with the most careful cleaning routine, dirt and grime can build up in hard to reach places, so be sure to have glasses cleaned for free by Pearle Vision professionals.

• BOGO deals: At Pearle Vision, buy one pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses and get another pair free. Or get a pair to wear indoors as well as one for driving.

Pearle Vision Company Information