Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.24/5

352 Pearle Vision Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I ordered my eye glasses two weeks ago and were promised to receive my glasses today but it more than likely would be sooner. That is what I was told when I ordered them. I sent them an email to inquire about my glasses and no response. Then I called and the person on the phone told me that they would be ready at the end of the day. But then they finally responded to my email and was very short with me and would not give me a date as to when my glasses would be in but they had no problem taking my money in a timely fashion. I will definitely be going somewhere else next time I need to get glasses.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I went to try this company back in 2018 outside of my usual places to get glasses. The people didn't seem like they want to be there and they also gave negative stares. I went into the exam and the doctor was very rude to and my wife who was there. I got my glasses a week later and the pair was too big for my face at the point I had to hold up to keep it on. The glasses was also hazardous with the nose metal part sticking out slightly and damaged the in-between of my face. I tried to get the glasses swapped out with calling the company and they turned me right around not helping me at all. I complained to the head of the company and no word back on the incident. Save your visit and money for better quality elsewhere like at a Optic Vision or America's Best. Even a local Walmart would suit better.

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The eye exam was very good. But, three months later, I received two bills asking for more money. One bill under my wife's name and another under my name for over $200.00 even though at the initial appointment they had told me that my glasses were covered under my insurance. Even though the employee told me at the time that I would not have to pay because my insurance would cover it. Three months later they suddenly began charging me, claiming that I had to pay. One year later after many phone calls and over 3 frustrating visits to solve my situation, because they were sending me to collection, I went to pay the balance to close my case. I really DO NOT RECOMMEND Woodbridge store unless you want to suffer. Never again going back to this place. Jesus **

Original review: May 24, 2019

Management at the Yonkers, NY location refused to provide refund after defective product caused bruising to eyes and nose. Corporate office said, “If the franchise doesn’t want to help you that’s their prerogative.” So now, no glasses, no refund, and nothing we can do. Awful.

Original review: May 9, 2019

My husband just purchased new regular glasses as well as sunglasses. Ann waited on us and was pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable. However, your computer system is beyond archaic. There are several employees in the store and only one person can access the system at a time. In error, another employee didn’t realize that Ann was processing our order and kicked her out of the system causing her to start over again.

When paying for our purchases we noticed that there was no credit card reader and our number had to be manually input. The glasses were very expensive and we were left with the impression that you are being cheap with your employees and customers. They and we deserve better. Update your systems and help the people who are making money for you.

Mary **,
**,
Cavan, Ontario L0A 1C0

Also your stores do not have e-mail for ease of being informed that your glasses are ready for pick up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pearle Vision?

Original review: April 15, 2019

The optometrist Dr. ** messed up the prescription, forgot the bifocal, got the bifocal and distance wrong. The computer glasses were pathetic. I was told to come back a week later for another exam. I did. Not one lens Dr. ** tested me on was clear. A week later, one of the pairs was "corrected" but the bifocal was not right. Mike the manager was a condescending creep who stuck his finger in my face, tried to lecture me how I "have" to wear the glasses high up on my nose (despite my having the bifocal height set to be lower on purpose), he refused to allow me to take these paid in full glasses to my car to check out if I could see the dash through the trifocal. He refused to allow me to speak to the owner. He refused to refund my money. I got up to leave, he did another hand gesture and was smirking like "haha lady now we have your money AND your glasses!"

I walked out, but said an expletive when I reached the door. A person can only take so much. I tried to talk to the owner today, Joe. He accused ME of disrupting his business and agreed to a refund. Then he said "except for the doctor fee". I said -- "But the doctor caused all of this, the prescription is still wrong" -- to which he said -- "Too bad". When you go to a doctor and they are wrong you still have to pay, then you pay again for a second opinion. He refused to contact my insurance company to reset my benefits. Then he asked if I had contacted my credit card, I said yes -- to protest this charge, so he can now tell them he is willing to do the refund -- he said, "No, I won't do that now. You will just have to wait."

With that, he started laughing out loud at me! Yes, he earned himself his own expletive and then I hung up. These jerks have now stolen $889.35 and 3 pairs of glasses, probably committed insurance fraud, and assaulted (finger in my face by Mike) and humiliated a senior citizen who is also handicapped. Find somewhere else to buy your glasses. These people are awful.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Went for eye appointment, was told there is NO appointment, then was told, "Wait 10 minutes. Dr can squeeze you in," waited 2 hours, then asked to use bathroom, was told "It's not for public use" then "It's broken." In other words: receptionist lost my appointment, lied about bathroom and wait time. Then I bought frames, clerk misread my script, didn't offer me sale price, the next day I called unhappy with my frames, was told "no exchanges" in other words: she didn't read my script right, didn't guide me to pick correct frames, overcharged me, and told me no exchanges, ALL wrong information. It took several visits dealing ONLY with the manager to get right frames and prices. The other 2 clerks were a nightmare, uncaring, ill-trained and very rude.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had my eye exam done there because it is close to my home, usually I use a private MD not a chain store. I was given a very brief exam in which the Eye doctor only changed the views 4 times each eye, asking me to pick the better of the two views, I kept telling her that none of the views was sharp but this one was "better". After this very quick exam she pronounced me at 20/20 and gave me a pair of contacts and ordered my glasses. I wore the contacts home and nearly got into a car accident because I could not see well enough to drive. I called back voicing my concern but nothing was done. I had a follow-up appointment scheduled about the contacts which I did not wear after making it home that first night.

I called about 10 days later to cancel that apt and was told my glasses had come in three days ago, I went and picked them up, wore them 4 days to make sure I was correct about them being the wrong prescription, I went back to the office explained that the bifocals were in the wrong place because in order to use them I have to tip my head way back because they are too low, I also explained that they were not the correct prescription because I could not see well enough with them to safely drive especially at night, the "doctor" sat me in the chair again started in the same place, turned it 4 times and pronounced me at 20/20.

I kept telling her about how they were not sharp, I could not read street signs until I was right on top of them but she got nasty and insisted that this prescription was correct, that at her store she only makes corrections to 20/20, and refused to fix them or my too low bifocals. I am positive that these glasses are NOT 20/20 because I can't see with them. Never have I had this type of problem before. I have worn glasses for 50 years, and now I've wasted my time and a lot of money and have worse eyesight then I do with my old glasses.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have received issues with every order placed. I kept thinking it would get better over time. They have a history with me and my family if not producing. I placed orders. They never come and then I spend the next few weeks following up until I get my order. My most recent order was placed 12-28/18 and they didn’t have a record of it. I was placed on hold for a very long time, I had to tell them the order was placed, and I don’t have my order. I am sick of paying for products that I didn't have... All I want is a refund and I will never set a foot in Pearle Vision again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Two weeks ago I had an eye exam and bought a new pair of glasses. No problems whatsoever with my exam. Glasses were a different issue. Due to some miscommunication what I wanted and what I received were two different things. After explaining what I wanted after my glasses first came in and paid for the difference (dickering involved) my glasses came back within a week. So far so good. If I have any more concerns Pearle Vision will know.

Pearle Vision expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1961 in Savannah, GA, Pearle Vision is now one of the leading eye wear retailers in the U.S. With more than 1,000 branches across Europe and in the Middle East, Pearle Vision has also become an international name in eyewear.

• Onsite fulfillment: Pearle Vision fills almost every prescription eyeglass order using their attached fulfillment center, so wait times are minimized.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Bring back any pair of glasses within 30 days for a repair, replacement or exchange with no hassle and no explanation.

• Free adjustments: Over time, wear can cause glasses to shift, so bring them in to a Pearle Vision center for a professional adjustment. This will improve their fit and make them much more comfortable over the long run.

• Free cleaning: Even with the most careful cleaning routine, dirt and grime can build up in hard to reach places, so be sure to have glasses cleaned for free by Pearle Vision professionals.

• BOGO deals: At Pearle Vision, buy one pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses and get another pair free. Or get a pair to wear indoors as well as one for driving.

• Best for: Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs