formerly SquareTrade

4.2/5 (391 ratings)

About Allstate Protection Plans

Allstate Protection Plans offers device warranties and protection. The company has programs for every type of tech device and offers online claims, free shipping on repairs and no hidden fees. The plans are serviced by SquareTrade, an Allstate company.

Pros

• Coverage for most devices
  • Affordable plans
  • Cancel anytime
  • Accident coverage

Cons

• May never be used
  • 30-day requirement for most devices

Bottom Line

Allstate Protection Plans offers device protection for smart devices, appliances and TV. Its warranties are rated highly but may be an unnecessary expense over the life of the device. Premiums start at $5 per month.

Allstate Protection Plans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Protection Plans?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Bought the watch. Put a warranty on it. And the watch stops functioning to full capabilities. They can't work on it so I get a refund to help in buying a new watch. I can't tell you how helpful these protection plans are.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

They are the best. Put in my claim and within 2 weeks received my TV and it was a upgrade to 70 inch new Television. Customer service was good. I explained what was going on with my TV and they sent me a replacement Tv in a timely manner.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Great & quick service! My issue was resolved and everything is working as it should again. Allstate quickly approved and resolved my claim. They kept me notified of when they received it and when they were done and shipping it back. All of which is appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Two techs were sent to evaluate my television and said it wasn't fixable. I took it out to the trash and the next day a guy with help took it home, looked it up on the internet and found that the problem was possibly a loose connection. They found it and it works fine and I ended up with a cheap TV. Thanks.

Hello Bruce,

We apologize for any frustrations caused surrounding your TV claim.

SquareTrade does our best to provide expeditious and hassle-free service to all customers. For TV claims, there are many teams that work together in order to provide a resolution. Once the issue is determined, the availability of the resolutions we can provide is based on several factors, such as whether the problem can be repaired, the limit of liability, and so on. While issues or delays may occur during the process, our goal is to ensure our customers receive efficient and effective resolutions in a timely manner. We are sorry this did not occur in this case.

We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

My experience is with this claim wasn’t the best. When I contacted the company I was told to go get the phone fixed and they would reimburse me for the money. At no time was it mentioned that they would only cover up to the cost of the phone. Had I known this I could’ve just put the money towards a newer phone. They should’ve asked me to get an estimated bill first. Contacted them about it and was told it was in the my contract. I just thought It would’ve been nice for them to mention it while I was talking to them

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Claim process is smooth and the representative was very helpful throughout the claim process. The total experience was very great. Very thankful to Allstate Protection Plans. I wish them a happy holidays. Happy new year and merry Christmas. Once again, thanks a lot.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

We purchased a protection plan for furniture and after 6 months, the piece had broken/failed. After reaching out to AllState, they walked me through the process and kept me apprised via email the progress of the claim. The timeline from submission to approval was 4 business days. Representatives on the phone were cordial and professional, and took their time to ensure all questions were asked.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

All the issues of my Nintendo Switch was fixed and as of this time the kids are enjoying playing the games they want without hassle or difficulties. My appreciation to the time frame of the return as per promised. Thank very much,

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the entire process was. It was quick and easy. Just have to spend a little time with the paperwork. If you do run into a problem reach out to their live online help. He was great.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Left controller is not working. Called them. They emailed us a return label. Sent in. Came back within a little more than a week. Very fast service. You made my Grandson very very happy. Thank you from a Grandpa.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

The hassle and reimbursement less than a replacement costs seems to indicate that Allstate square trade is a scam. A new Walmart product of lesser quality costs significantly more. A replacement product was promised from Hamilton Beach. The square trade said it was not available.

Hello Todd,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recent claim experience.

SquareTrade offers coverage for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical issues and, when the accidental plan is purchased, physical damage. However, our Terms & Conditions state that there is a limit of liability set for each plan, which indicates the coverage amount. In your case, the replacement value exceeded the item's price. We are sorry for any frustration you have experienced due to this.

At this time, one of our team members has reached out to you to provide additional support.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Allstate representatives were very professional, very knowledgeable, and the repair was phenomenal. The laptop was shipped back in due time and in very good packaging. The representatives helped me through every step of the process.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Easy to applied and received tv in standard time. No long wait. It was complicated at all. Easy to talk to customer service, very friendly, keep in touch through email. Would recommend this for insurance purposes. Fast and easy and the way to go. Never had a easy to use. I would use them again in my next purchase. It's always better to get insurance. Best idea ever.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Purchased a policy protecting headphones bought from Walmart. Headphones broke. Filed claim. Was told to contact company. Walmart refused to help pointing me back to protection plan. Allstate said to contact manufacturer. Because the headphones were made in China, which so much is nowadays, I couldn't reach any manufacturer. No reason to buy protection plan if AllState won't back their policy. I'm out the price of the headphones and the price of the protection plan.

Hello Joseph,

SquareTrade protection plans are extended warranties designed to provide peace of mind by protecting against mechanical and electrical failures when the manufacturer's warranty has expired, or the manufacturer cannot assist during their warranty period. In the event the manufacturer does not provide service, SquareTrade can reevaluate the case to see how we can take care of the customer's issue.

Again, we truly apologize for any trouble you have experienced during the claim process. At this time, one of our team members has reached out to you to address this matter and provide additional support.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

So glad I bought the extended accident warranty. I dropped my tablet accidentally and broke the screen. Very easy to file the claim, it was received by the warranty service provider quickly and returned to me within 5 business days! Excellent service and experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I can say so far so good, haven't heard anything from Allstate yet on my claim. I'm waiting for the 5 business days to hear something. I do recommend people to get the insurance, I hope it's not a bust

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

The online app was not working and I spent over an hour talking to online text and going back and forth until they finally gave me a phone number to call. Once I talked to a real person everything went very smoothly and quickly and I was very happy with the end results. I was able to get a full refund for my damaged product.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

My TV began acting up so I put in a claim with Allstate and they found a technician to come out and repair it. The technician tried everything and was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. So Allstate agreed to replace the TV. It wasn't with the same make and model, but I was able to choose from 3 great TVs and chose one that was more up to date. And the TV was brand new and was delivered quickly. Thanks to Allstate protection, we now have a new TV.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I was hesitant to buy a protection plan for one of my electronics which was a Xbox controller. When I called to get this replaced, and after being transferred by Walmart, the CSR that I spoke with, I felt had listened and solved my problem there on the phone. He gave me a credit back, for my purchase. I first thought, how absurd this insurance company is to not take the product back and work on getting it repaired/replaced. (I'm a little slow.) After I hung up the phone it "clicked". The CSR told me to keep the product. He eliminated me having to deal with the hassle of returning it or mailing it back & forth, only to wait for an outcome of the claim being approved or denied. (Ugh. Days, weeks, months?) I could just go get it when my refund was processed. (Which was super fast.) Truly I'm a satisfied customer. And that seems to be a phrase not often heard anymore. So, I thank you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

The fridge filter broke and I had a little flood in the fridge. People who took my call were really nice and listened to me very well. They were very sympathetic, too. The technician they sent to us locally was one of the best persons to come to us to fix something! Thanks, Square Trade! Please keep up your good work!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Allstate stands behind their warranties. I have had to use their warranties a few times over the years with very little difficulty. I definitely recommend to everyone.

I have used it for a CD player, a thermometer and a nice set of earphones that malfunctioned after a year or so.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I like having Allstate Protection Plans. I have them for multiple items from Amazon, Walmart and other places. Sometimes, filing a claim goes easy and there's less involved than other times. It doesn't make sense though that it's not the same every time. Allstate wanted me to submit stuff for the receipt for an online purchase that they were already aware of that I made. They don't require that on other insurance things and you just can tell them. Also, sometimes there's waiting time for hearing back on an item. I should have heard back on an item recently that I already submitted stuff for. It's taking longer than necessary and I'm wondering what's going on with that. But it's not a problem.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

My granddaughter got the Nintendo Switch wet. We sent it back and they fixed it. Then they sent it back and it's working okay. They did a really good job.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

Scheduled and confirmed app for 10/9 from 12 to 5. The tech was a no show. Got a call at 4:30 from someone saying the tech had car trouble and would not be coming today. They rescheduled for sat 12/10 at 4:00. Tech did not show up until 6:00 PM. Was not sure how to replace part. Also one part which appeared to be the part needed was damaged. Now 8 o’clock o. Sat night and tv not back together so regardless what happens from here this was a bad experience.

Hello John,

We are very sorry for any dissatisfaction you have experienced with your in-home repair claim.

SquareTrade does our best to provide our customers with efficient and effective resolutions since we want to make the claim experience as hassle-free as possible. For TV claims, there are many teams that work together in order to provide a resolution. However, our goal is to avoid any issues that can cause a delay. We are sorry this has not been your experience.

One of our team members has reached out directly to you to discuss the situation and provide further assistance.

SQ

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

We bought my fiancé’s daughter an iPad for Christmas. She dropped the iPad and someone stepped on it. The screen was so bad. I found that we had a protection plan so I went online and followed everything. Allstate sent me the box to send the iPad back. I sent it in then it came back and everything was fine. The timeframe was really fast. Allstate is efficient and I'm very happy. I would definitely purchase the plan again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Claims is out of country, can not understand reps cause English is broken, was a very bad process that took over a hour, had to call they 6 different times to get claim processed. Take it from this. Avoid the purchase of this warranty. They try everything possible to avoid the process of claim with so many questions and each rep is different, like, "What is the IME number of your IPHONE," or "Your address is not listed in database or does not exist, you name it & stay calm" which will be hard. Next thing was, "Take phone to a Apple repair center 2 hours away. Pay the bill (From estimate) of $549 and send us bill and we will reimburse you in two business days for a phone that was refurbished for $275," You got to be kidding me!!!!

Hello Carl,

We apologize for any frustration caused by your recent claim.

SquareTrade protection plans are extended warranties designed to provide peace of mind by protecting against mechanical and electrical failures when the manufacturer's warranty has expired, or the manufacturer cannot assist during their warranty period. In the event the manufacturer does not provide service, SquareTrade can reevaluate the case to see how we can take care of the consumer's issue. Some refurbished items might not have any manufacturer coverage due to their age, in which case our Protection Plan can be used.

We understand the frustration that can come from this. However, we were happy to speak with you and come to an amicable resolution for your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Thank you, JS.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

In order to use my protection plan, I needed to find the receipt and my membership number to the store where I bought my cellphone from. I needed to wait on hold for hours and days and try to talk to the right person. Nobody was helpful. I went from call center to call center in Bangladesh, India, and Mauritius. Nobody could quite comprehend the issue that I was going through.

It took over two months for the final resolution. I had to keep calling to try and figure out where the refund was going to be. Every time I called, they would tell me to set up my account with them even though I already set up an account. They were not finding a record of it and that I should start over. I’ve never dealt with anything so chaotic. It seemed like somebody misfiled something in the beginning. They kept thinking that my protection plan was for something else and I would have to send them the receipt again.

The protection plan was $20 for the cellphone and it had it clearly on the receipt. Whenever they finally did punch in the numbers I gave them, they're like, “Oh, I see it is for the cell phone.” I figured Allstate is a good protection plan for people who are proactive because if it was anybody else but me, that person might have given up. There were so many steps to it.

The problem was I was speaking to people and there was a massive language barrier. No matter how much I explained it to them, they went back to their script. I sent the email probably 50 times and they still said they did not have it. Days later, I still didn't hear back. I finally called again and I had to open a whole new case. I was like, "This is probably how it works. Most people will not go through this. And so most people are probably not going to utilize it.” It's just 20 bucks and you think you have a production plan. The chances of you using it are probably low and the chances of you actually fulfilling the whole process of the protection plan is chaotic.

I finally got the check and it took every ounce of patience left in my body to do so. There were moments along the process where I was like, “Is this even worth it? Let's just go get a new phone. My time is more valuable than sitting on hold for four days straight.” The worst part is I’d tell them one thing and then they would put me on hold then be for 30 minutes. I sat in silence. I kept asking, “Is there any way possible you can not put music on when you put it on hold?” It was driving me into a madhouse. Also, they didn't actually cover a replacement. They covered a refurbished phone and that was what I got. It only lasted another month and died. It's still under the warranty and I just don't have the heart to do it again.

Hello Cody,

We apologize for any difficulty you experienced with the accessibility of your cell phone warranty.

SquareTrade does our best to provide customers with sufficient support and eliminate any issues that can cause a setback. If any problems arise, we aim to provide the help you need to complete the process. We are sorry that this hasn't been your experience, and we would like to see how we can help you further.

We understand the frustration that can come from this. However, we were happy to speak with you and provide additional support regarding your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

LS.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I purchased my cell phone and had it protected by Allstate. I did a claim for it online and I had to call. Having this protection plan is a little bit of work but it's very good.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Allstate is great and I've never had a problem with them. The coverage is money well spent.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I filed a claim for the computer and from beginning to end, it took about three weeks. At first, I felt like I was getting the runaround but the last person I dealt with was pretty extraordinary.

Allstate Protection Plans Company Information