3.96/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

SquareTrade

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SquareTrade opened its doors in 1999 at the beginning of the technology revolution. As cell phones, electronics and various new gadgets emerged on the market, the need to protect those expensive items in the event of an accident became more prevalent.

SquareTrade changed the game of the warranty industry by actually offering warranties that covered accidents that happen in everyday life, rather than covering the bare minimum like so many warranty companies had done in the past.

Check out our top-rated protection today by visiting our site or just give us a call!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

119 SquareTrade Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

At the time I purchased my laptop in North Carolina, SquareTrade was the only one that Office Depot had. Around February, my laptop stopped working and I filed a claim. I called Office Depot since I left the receipt when we moved here from North Carolina. I couldn't get the receipt from Office Depot, but they gave me the number I needed to call for the receipt recovery. I called SquareTrade, however, one lady said they had the receipt, then the other one said they didn't get the receipt. I got that they didn't want me to send back the unit to replace or fix it.

I figured it was just going around in a circle. I would call the number they gave me and they said they retrieved it and they said they'd send it. Then they said they couldn't find it. All they want is the receipt and I could ship the unit back and they would have taken care of it. However, no one could gather up the receipt. They called back and really tried to help. Plus, everything was professional on their end.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My wife has a Samsung Note 5 we purchased from Costco approximately 16 months ago. We contacted SquareTrade for repair when her phone was losing full functionality. Who then in turn (over a 3 week period approximately) sent us 3 different (supposedly) phones that worked. NONE did! Now they want 50.00 dollars more to start the process all over again. (How about send us a phone that works?!) So, no thank you! I will be contacting Costco Corporate as well to let them know SquareTrade is (in my experience) a black eye on them as well!

Hi Bruce,

We reached out today to address your concerns but you were unavailable. When a claim is filed, we have a 30 day warranty on all replacement devices. If you need to file an additional claim after the 30 days, we consider it a new claim, which is why there was a deductible. I would like to work with you on this to help resolve it. Please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with "Consumer Affairs" in the subject line.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

SquareTrade basically told me they will not cover my TV because I moved it. At first they stated I said it was on during Hurricane Harvey so they can't cover it. I said, "no it was moved upstairs." How is it on and I said it was moved upstairs. So the operator said they will go back and listen to the tapes, so he calls me back and says, "yes you were right, you did say you moved it upstairs," but then he says they won't be covering it because I moved it! Stupid, so I can't move my TV from one room to the other room? It's my TV, I paid for it! The TV was working after the storm. I'll be seeking legal advice for this.

Hi Andre,

I'm glad that I was able to speak with you today and I apologize about your experience. Once the pictures are received, we can proceed with a resolution for you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had a printer that I purchased at Staples that no longer prints along with a SquareTrade 2 year warranty that no longer prints. They denied my claim right away (SHANE ** was brought on the phone from their company to basically yell at me instead of provide customer service) and said that I have to go through the manufacturer's warranty. (So why would I buy the extra warranty???) This company is a total sham, and is not anywhere near the level of service OR contractual honesty of a Best Buy warranty. The Better Business Bureau should shut this company down and Staples should stop pushing these sham warranties immediately.

Hi Shane,

I have reviewed your account details and the item you were trying to file a claim on, is still under the manufacture warranty. As your extended warranty provided, we run concurrent with the manufacture. This means, if any issues occurs with the first year, we will refer you to the manufacture first, which is why we were unable to proceed with the claim.

I do apologize about any miscommunication during the process.

JD

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

SquareTrade’s service was very good and reliable and their pricing was right. I’ve purchased my warranty directly from them. I’ve also renewed with them and the service was excellent. Sometimes I purchase through eBay and the process has been seamless. All is done online. I’d just click on whether I want the protection when I make a purchase, and then the follow-through would be automatic. I’d get an email confirming that I am now protected with SquareTrade. I also made the payments all at once.

Filing a claim with them has been pretty good too. I call in at times and their reps would do everything online and get the ball rolling. It can be done online as well. If I have a cellphone that breaks and I’d initiate the claim online, I’d have to log in. After logging in, I’d be on the warranties page and then I’d pick the one that says it doesn’t need a repair. Then I’d describe what happened. If there's a need for me to call because I need some additional information from a rep, I'd call in. And that has been pretty straightforward.

Having extended warranties is definitely valuable. However, since SquareTrade’s copayments have gone up over the last few years, I don't use them now as much as I used to in the past. The initial warranty price upfront was $70 to $100 and then the deductible is $100. So, when those two figures were added together, I’d be putting out $170 to $200 for a typical repair like a cracked screen. I could almost get the same price from a local repair shop. So, that's where you have to choose whether or not you'd forgo getting the protection plan and just run the risk. And if your cellphone breaks, then you pay whatever the repair cost is going to be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SquareTrade?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Today, 10-7-17, about 3 weeks after my coverage expired (9-20-17) for my Note 5, I called to filed a claim for a cracked screen. Last week, I dropped it again causing another crack. I've been dropping a lot of things since 6-22-17. A few months ago, I dropped my Note 5, which I had insured with SquareTrade, cracking the screen.

On June 22, 2017, after 30 years of marriage, my wife fall several times on the patio and rolled over into the pool and drown. More details would only make this more difficult for me to type. Then, 3 weeks later our MinPin grieved himself to death and died. A month later, we flooded. I had no time to file a claim, must less mourn the death of my beautiful wife. I lived upstairs with a foot of water in the house. I refused to evacuate. I wasn't going to leave the house my wife and I spent 6 months designing and 19 months to build.

When I called to file the claim, I was told my coverage expired on 9-20-17, about 3 weeks ago and there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he or she would even get on the phone. After all someone has to live through, you would think a large company like SquareTrade would have made some adjustments. I was told there was nothing they could, not even for flood victims, let alone all the other horrifying things that had happened in my life.

So, SquareTrade, there are other companies out there. I will monitor where you advertise and let them know how inconsiderate you are. I will cancel all three items I have coverage with you and go elsewhere. This is unbelievable. Some of the most extremely small companies are extending help to flood victims. But, not SquareTrade. Not very Square at all, more like round.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

SquareTrade is a great company and they offer fast solutions. I purchased a cellphone and they were recommended by the store. So I tried them to see how fast these guys can give me the solution for any issue I have. It was an easy process, I purchased the warranty through the vendor and I just paid upfront. And they fixed my phone. It was something that's easy and they were able to help me understand. They also work fast. Overall, I had a nice experience. They offer reliable service without the complications.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I recently bought a printer "aug" when today 10/4/2017 accidentally drop it. The screen went blank and I try to file a claim immediately. Got decline so I decided to give them a call and they said that's not what they cover, they only cover what manufacturer company covers. So why not explain that in the first page when you're about to log in your account or when purchasing the item. It's really unfair to me. Really unsatisfied with their customer services!!!

Hi Evangeline,

We sell 2 different types of warranties. We have our Accidental from handling and our standard coverage. The warranty purchased for the device is our standard protection, that covers mechanical and electrical failures. At this time, since there is physical damage to the item, that is not covered, we can process a cancellation and refund on the warranty.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We purchased the 80" TV at Costco because they offered an extended warranty. The Warranty was offered by SquareTrade. Just under 3 years of having the TV vertical lines started showing up on the set. Within days the lines grew and a vertical white band appeared. I went down to Costco and received a copy of my purchase, and called SquareTrade. I sent in all required documents and pictures. I was asked if we moved the TV or damaged it. The TV is about two hundred pounds. We had a professional mover to install the TV and have not moved it since, and relayed this info to the customer service operator. We were told to wait several days till the tech department reviews our pictures.

We received a email stating we physically damaged the TV (NOT THE CASE) and case closed. I called a good friend of mine that designs flat panels for a leading company. I send him the pictures and he send me videos of the issues that the TV is having and how to repair it, stating that it is a Vertical Ribbon failure and or ribbon bus, not done by physical damage. I reminded the operator that this Ribbon is in the interior of the panel and not accessible to damage by a homeowner.

I explained to the customer center that I had a conversation with a leading LCD display designer and his findings, and was willing to send the link to the issue so that they could review. He refused to accept the information and refused to send me to a supervisor, he then stated that the TV was damaged by an electrical surge. The TV is in its own power supply, it is a $3,000. unit Eaton 9130 UPS that would have eliminated all line issues. We are in a city not rural and with generated stable electricity and not prone to electrical storms, in fact we are in summer and there has been no rain for months.

We also have installed a UPS unit to the TV as we are a leading liquidation specialist and they came from GOOGLE to protect this high end equipment, the ones I use in my home are brand new. The power that is provided is clean and uninterrupted. Again the lines appeared as we were watching the TV and had no outages. Speaking to my friend he informed me that this happens once the TV is warmed up and can be intermittent or permanent as in our case, AND NOT THE FAULT OF THE HOMEOWNER. Square Trade never sent a repair person out to diagnose the issue just arbitrarily decided to reject the claim and not review any additional info, refused to send my call to a supervisor, nor send a qualified tech out. This is unacceptable insurance practices.

Hi Nicholas,

I definitely understand your frustration and we will be sending a tech to evaluate your TV. At this time, the tech will be reaching out to you to set up an appointment for your device. Once the TV has been reviewed, we can proceed further with a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought a stroller and SquareTrade was the only warranty provider the vendor had. One time, the stroller was very loose and the CS rep helped me a lot. It's always very easy to make payments for the warranty and the service we got when we filed a claim was good. It has been an excellent experience.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2017

SquareTrade contacted me to resolve this issue immediately in order to meet their customer satisfaction policy. I am very satisfied with the resolution provided by the company and will recommend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My Samsung TV came with an external major part called "One Connect Box" which is exclusively utilized to connect between TV cable box and TV. Samsung service representative performed a remote access troubleshooting and concluded that my "One Connect Box" is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. I filed a claim for replacement. SquareTrade denied my claim, because it is defined as a TV accessory, not a TV major connectivity port, and is not covered by the warranty.

Without this "One Connect Box," the TV will not be able to interface with the TV cable box to display the TV program. I disputed that it should be considered as a major required part for TV to work with cable TV box, not just an accessory, and should be covered by the warranty. My experience shows that SquareTrade can interpret their own definition on the manufacturer's products and find the excuse to deny your claim. Do not waste your money to buy this warranty.

Hi Wayne,

I'm glad that I was able to speak with you today and resolve this for you. Per our conversation, the email has been sent and the claim has been filed. Once the information is received, we will proceed further.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I been trying to get a replacement for the past two years and no answer from Square Trade and is not just the JBL earphones (from Evine.com) but also two tablets that have the same warranty company. I called several time and only excuses. Please help me with this. People need to know this company is a scam.

Hi Juan,

I understand your frustration and I do apologize. When we spoke with you, we did inform you that a receipt is needed to start the process and sent a receipt email. As of today, the receipt has not been received. We can still file a claim on the headphones, as the warranty is still active, however, the warranty on the tablets have expired. If you would like to proceed with a claim on the active warranty, we can reach out to you to start the process.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

SquareTrade has a good deal and coverage. I got the warranty with products I bought and It was easy and affordable to pay for the warranty. The reps assisted me thoroughly in my claim, handled it and reimbursed me. They are very good and everything was seamless.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We had LG headphones and SquareTrade was offered to us from Sam’s Club so we tried it out. We’re paying for the warranty along with the device. I filed a claim for my headphones because it cracked and stopped working. The damage wasn’t intentional but SquareTrade said that they can’t take my claim because accidents are not covered. I talked to a representative and they got off to accept it, which was good, and they sent a check back for the same value. I’m very satisfied with the service that SquareTrade provided.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I had a deep freezer that stop working. I spoke with the customer service from SquareTrade and they were great! I received my check in the mail within 7 business days. I would recommend them to all my family and friends.. Thank You.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have been dealing with SquareTrade for years now and I like them. They do what they say they’re going to do and they stand behind their work. I just had an LG V10 that died after a year and seven months (I got this particular phone at Sam's Club, so I had the luxury of getting the warranty right then and there. Usually, I just get it myself. But I'll never buy it from a vendor like Asurion or Verizon). I send it to SquareTrade twice. They couldn't fix it so they replaced it, which is huge. That saved me a lot of money. They reimbursed me with the price of the V20 and I went out and bought an iPhone. I trade it in promptly backed up with the SquareTrade warranty. It took a while but as always, SquareTrade has always stood behind their word.

Cellphones tend to crap out over time and phones cost too much. The iPhone 7 Plus is almost 900 bucks anyway, so what's 100 bucks? SquareTrade is a pretty good investment. Their website is a lot easier to use. I can go online and do my purchase. Making payments for the warranty was a piece of cake. I just go in and pay for it and all is being done. I recommend them all the time to people I know, they're great. SquareTrade is the best you can do. SquareTrade is top of the line and they're reasonably priced.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Don't waste your money buying this plans. I call them with a issue on my tv that have a 4 year plan and they giving me excuses and bs when is time for a replacement to fix something. Make no sense wasting extra money on this.

Hi Wendy,

I was able to review your account and we were able to assist, however, the problem you are experiencing is an intermittent issue. Since the problem is intermittent, we just need to confirm it before approving the claim. When the problem takes place, please give us a call right away so we can get you squared away.

I do apologize about any miscommunication during this process.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

SquareTrade was an affordable purchase and they were very easy to work with. I heard good things about them and they were offered by Amazon. One time, I talked to SquareTrade's customer service about getting the price I had to pay for the warranty corrected. Then I had a claim with the warranty so I also talked to them again. I sent the tablet in to get it fixed but it couldn't be repaired so they wrote me a check for what I paid for the device. Having an extended warranty was extremely valuable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

SquareTrade offered a warranty for an electronic device through Amazon. so I looked into it and I thought I'd try them. Many years ago, I used them one time through Amazon and never had any problems and their warranty was cheaper than that of other warranty providers. I've been buying all my warranties from SquareTrade ever since. I buy the warranty over the phone or online, through Amazon or other vendors or retailers, or through stores such as Best Buy. It's easy to make payments and most of the time, I just call in.

Several years later, I used the SquareTrade warranty again and all I had to do was make a phone call and they took care of me. Everything was simple when I spoke with the reps. They asked me what my problem was, told me that I was covered, and SquareTrade fixed or replaced whatever needed to be fixed or replaced. I had a broken tablet not long ago and I had to send it in to get it repaired. They told me it couldn't be repaired and not even two days later, I had a check in the mail. Their response was very fast and efficient and I was surprised and very impressed. Generally, having an extended warranty is valuable. I spend a lot of money on something and for the price I pay for the warranty and how fast the claim process takes, it was definitely worth the money. SquareTrade has been great and my experience with them was fantastic.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

SquareTrade was offered to me with my phone company and I thought it was a good idea. I had to have a phone replaced and they very gracious and serviced me very well. The process was very quick and was finished within a week. I'm very satisfied with the results. It was done very professionally.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I initiated a claim in early August 2017, as of this date I still don't have a replacement TV. The TV went out, contacted SquareTrade, sent pictures and had a replacement TV sent to me. The replacement refurbished TV was fine on the outside, but inside the TV wasn't secured properly, was cracked at the bottom and of course did not work.

I have contacted them numerous times since and I keep getting the runaround that it's been escalated higher up so that I can be provided with a new TV. Again, I keep getting the runaround as to where the new replacement is and when they are picking up the damaged TV they sent. If this is the way they treat their customers I think it is pretty sad. I will never purchase another item that uses square trade for a warranty. I also have been provided with several different claim numbers, if that one isn't correct you are welcome to contact me and I will provide the others.

Hi Rhonda,

I definitely want to apologize about the delay! I have reviewed your account and I can confirm that we have provided an alternate resolution for you. I'm sorry that about your experience, but I'm glad we were able to provide a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I usually buy SquareTrade's warranty when I purchase from Costco. It's affordable and paying for it is very easy. SquareTrade's customer service was very good when I called them. They returned the call and took take care of things right away. Most of the claims I filed were when the phone broke and the service provided was very good. Having an extended warranty is very valuable and I have to have it. SquareTrade is way better than any others.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The Hisense TV sent is not working correctly. I now have a claim for the problems presently. The picture keeps freezing, remote not allowing me to arrow up, the TV shows I downloaded to stream are not working and I keep getting error messages that TV cannot get updates and something about not using mouse and I do not have mouse connected.

Hi James,

I definitely understand your frustration and I would like to apologize about the replacement tv. Currently, we have set up a return/exchange for the replacement item. Once the TV has been received back, we will be able to provide an alternate resolution.

I do apologize about the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

When I ordered a telephone, the vendor that I purchased the electronic device from offered SquareTrade warranty and I took it and paid for it at the same time. I wouldn't know where to take the phone to get it repaired. SquareTrade replaced my telephone when it set off and that was done within an hour. They were very confident with what they said to me and I didn't have any problems getting a replacement phone through them. If I didn't have the extended warranty protection, I wouldn't have gotten another phone. SquareTrade has really been square. They were good and I like them enough to do the process again.

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2017

The issue is resolved now. Not sure who pulled the final strings for this one but I got prompt responses and appropriate redressal of my grievances.

I am updating my experience rating to 4/5.

One star less though (coz of what I went thru in the earlier stages).

But a certain Thumbs Up to SquareTrade customer care for stepping in later and fixing it perfectly.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I have SquareTrade warranties on my laptops, TV, Camcorder, DSLR cameras, tablets and what not. And this is the first ever claim that I opened with SquareTrade. Experience is far from satisfying. I bought this Extended warranty for my TV in US and that time I was told that the warranty is good across the world. My TV stopped working on Sept 5th and I opened this claim.

After some calls and troubleshooting attempts, I was told that my claim for a replacement TV has been approved. And it gets funny (and ironic) afterwards, Square Trade sent me a link in an email and using that link I was supposed to pick a TV from 3 choices. I followed the claim process to the tee - I attempted to choose one of the TVs that was offered to me via an email link. But when I selected the TV and tried to put a delivery address, it appeared that we cannot enter a Canada Address there (fair enough on limitation but sad undoubtedly that the earlier 2 reps did not see that I have a Canada address on my profile so maybe that link was not to be sent to me at all.

I then called up SquareTrade helpdesk to see what are the next steps, I was told that it's just that a Canada address cannot be entered through that link however, after a manual over-ride the same TV that I chose will be shipped to me and I told the rep that it would be good enough. He told me that I can expect an email in the next 24 hours and he reassured me that it would have the same TV and I will just need to say "Yes" and they will deliver that TV to my Canada address. Then 24 hours later I received an email but but but a totally different TV was listed in the email - not even for courtesy sake they cared to mention as to why they decided to go back on what was promised to me.

Between that time and now I have repeatedly ask them why they cannot send the TV they only offered and promised at the same time. But repeatedly I am being coaxed to just accept the TV that they are offering. To add insult to injury, pattern of response from SquareTrade is that 1 day they send 1 email. So it's like they send an email, "Hey take this TV", I say, "No, this is not what you promised" and then follows a 24 hours plus of silence. And next day I get the same email, "Hey take this TV", again I will say, "NO, tell me more"... again a silence of 24 hours plus and then the cycle repeats.

I even tried to call the helpline number again and I was told that now the case is with Replacement Team and they only will handle it from this point onwards. No-one seems to be willing to solve the mystery around why Replacement Team restricts itself to 1 email response in a day limit - and this is so frustrating. It is a very bitter experience. Over a period of years I have bought a lot of SquareTrade warranties for different products and this is the first ever claim. Perhaps a lesson in time to not buy this warranty next time.

Hi Chittranjan,

I have reviewed your account and I do apologize about the frustration that was experienced. We do have different vendors in Canada that have certain Tv's available. The first email that was sent, was done in error and I do apologize that you were not informed right away.

I do see that we have provided an alternate resolution that has been accepted. I know it was such an inconvenience just to get to a resolution and I apologize about that.

We do value you as a Squaretrade customer and I'm happy we were able to resolve this for you.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had a problem with my 4K TV powering on. After endless calls to Square Trade to honor my warranty they finally ordered 2 parts. After 1 week only 1 part showed up so I have to fight with the repair center to come out to fix the TV. I called and called and finally got ST to call them. They finally showed up and could not repair the TV so I then got an email from ST to pick out a V out of 2 models they chose. I chose 1 and then after 3 days I received another email saying I was not able to get the one I chose. They offered me a 3-year old referred TV which I felt was not as good as my practically never used TV. Then after 12 phone calls and 5 emails they basically told me I had no options and take this referred 3-year old TV or nothing. This Company is nothing but a scam! Thieves!!!

Hi Joe,

I certainly understand your frustration and I do apologize about the claim process. The TV that you accepted will be ordered shortly and shipped out to you. If there is any issued with the TV, please give us a call right away!

JD

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

After paying $361 for a extended warranty I having the unfortunate need to actually use it. I completely disappointed with the offers for resolution that have been provided to me by SquareTrade. My plasma 3D TV is no longer in production, these have been replaced by OLED as they are both high end TVs. I was offered a basic ENTRY LEVEL TV with no 3D as a replacement after the technician could not repair it.

SquareTrade offered a second replacement for another entry level TV, the Samsung LCD 6300 series to replace a Samsung 8000 series Plasma. I understand Plasma is no longer made, the only technical equivalent is an OLED. I had to argue with 5 reps about technical specifications and features before they would consider an OLED. Even when it was considered, they provided a refurbished replacement that does not have 3D. I countered that last year’s models do have 3D and there are several on Amazon to order and for less money than the refurbished one they offered but was told this is the best they can do.

We are two weeks into the negotiation process and I still have no TV. I asked for a cash out settlement so I could buy a NEW TV and not accept their refurbished one and was told that was an option then 3 minutes later they said it was not an option. Customers BEWARE that if you use this warranty and have to get a replacement, they will offer you a low entry level junk TV and you will have to argue to get what you legally have the right to receive.

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your frustration! We are unable to replace 3D Tv's with the exact model because some are no longer being manufactured. After speaking with you, we were able to provide a resolution for you and the TV has now been accept. It will be delivered within a few business days.

I apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused.

JD

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have SquareTrade for my 65 inch TV. I got it through Sam's who offered an extended warranty and I'm glad that I took it. They asked me to send in an email when I filed a claim. I sent in a report on how everything went and everything went good. Their guy was really professional. He did 90 miles one way to get up here and took good care of my goods. I'd recommend SquareTrade to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I will never, and I do mean never use this company again. I submitted everything I needed to submit on August 20th and here today Sept. 8th, I still do not have the check that was suppose to reach me in 7-10 days. At this point and time will I ever get it. I must say your customer service reps are no help either.

Hello Deborah Burton,

Please accept my apologies that you have not received your reimbursement check at this point. Truly there is no acceptable reason why it should have taken this long. Please allow me to look into this, and I will follow up with you shortly.

MQ ref 0020681735

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The TV making fumes and adapter overheating. Called and they said nothing is wrong with, while the TV is working they don't help. Could you believe it. I'm so disappointed, I won't do business with SquareTrade ever again!

Hi Ricardo Saciga,

Please accept my apologies that we did not provide the proper resolution for you. Although our warranties do have certain restrictions, in this case we definitely should have made an exception since your safety may have been at risk. I will have your claim approved and we will follow up with next steps shortly.

MQ