toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Howard Sharp,

I can definitely understand your confusion with the replacement having a version of software that is not current. Software updates are provided by the manufacturer, and vary on when they are made available and how often. It is very possible to have a new device that has not been updated. Your warranty is going to cover electrical and mechanical failures only. Having to update or pay for a software update with the manufacturer is always going to be outside of our coverage. If you have any additional questions please fee free to email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

6/16/17 - Hi, Howard

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, as we always aim to make our claim process as painless as possible.

Given the circumstances, I sent you an e-mail with an offer we would like to offer as a resolution to your concern. Please send us a reply at socialhelps@squaretrade.com and let us know if such would turn this experience around.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I was sent a phone that was out of date. Old software was not able to install my phone list and pictures... your tech was unable to fix or did not know what was wrong. Took to a local cell phone repair service and they took 2 days to put new software and cost me $35.00. If you don't check your phones before you send them out you should.

Hello Mary Ann Miller,

This type of delay is unusual and completely unacceptable. I was able to locate your warranty and claim. It does show we shipped out a device the very next day after your claim was filed. However it looks like the shipper was unable to deliver the device and left a notice on your door that it was being held for pickup. It does look like you have received your device at this point. If you have any other questions or concerns please fee free to email me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

6/16/17 - Hello,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier!

I am glad that you were able to receive your replacement today despite the issues with the shipping company, please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

We noticed that the concern has not been updated, and the review continues to appear as a negative experience. Please send me an e-mail at socialhelps@squaretrade.com if there is any other way we can assist.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Still waiting for replacement phone. WHY when I was told I should receive it in 3 to 5 days. What is the problem? What else do you need? Acc # **. Is that it? I am allowed to ask questions because I did not receive my replacement phone.

When I purchased my big TV nearly 3 years ago, I made a change in my buying habits. I bought the SquareTrade extended warranty for a couple of reasons. #1, it was an expensive purchase and I wanted the security beyond the manufacturer's (fairly short) standard warranty. #2, it wasn't that expensive so I thought, "I've wasted more money on a couple a spendy coffee's, this is a good purchase." Lo and behold, nearly three years after that purchase, I needed it when the TV failed.

I contacted the store I purchased it at (Costco) and they helped me troubleshoot it but to no avail. So they connected me (in the same call) with a representative from SquareTrade named Rock. Rock stepped me through the process of detailed analysis and troubleshooting. He was super courteous, detailed in his questions and instructions, and made the whole process easy. There was a problem determined, and he gave great detail in when the parts would arrive and when the TV would be repaired. Everything went as instructed. Couldn't be happier with the fixed product. I'm certainly going to use SquareTrade for my next purchase as well!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very satisfied with the service received. Excellent and prompt communications to solve the problem. Follow up and updating about the repair status and product delivery were very satisfactory. Telephonic conversations were precise and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience w/ SquareTrade has been excellent. Got approval. Apple Store Manhasset fixed screen. Paid $149.00. Forwarded receipt to ST. So far haven't received any reimbursement. Please advise. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SquareTrade?

SquareTrade

Great to hear, Dolly. Do let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: May 27, 2017

I have a pleasant experience with customer support. Alex was so professional, knowledgeable and patient. With the company have no hassle at all. Thank you very much for the prompt refund.

I had a defective chair that I bought from Staples with a SquareTrade warranty. You were very easy to deal with and extremely prompt in sending me the refund check. Thank you very much.

SquareTrade

We pride ourselves in great customer service! Thanks for letting us know about your service experience!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I gave my service plan information, took few minutes and I was told a check would be to me in a week. A week later I got a refund for the office chair. I was amazed how easy and nice customer service was.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wasn't sure what to expect when I called about my broken item. Very happy to say my issue was resolved quickly, probably took all of 15min on the phone and got my refund in less than a week. Was able to replace my item as if nothing happened. Thank you!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a new customer with Consumer Cellular. Upon receipt of my new phone I quickly learned that the charger when placed into the phone could not be removed. It was stuck in place. I then informed, CC, ultimately, I spoke to a marvelous Square Trade customer service agent. I believe his name was Elias. I appreciated his attitude, which seem to say, "I'll get you through this." He was sharp and professional.

Hello Alicia Best,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. You are correct we do ship your device back to you overnight. I was able to check your claim and confirm that we did ship your device 2-day in error. Please accept my apologies for that. I did escalate this up to our shipping team to make sure this is immediately corrected. I was able to confirm that you have received your device at this point. Please feel free to email me if you any other questions or concerns at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

6/16/17 - Hi, Alicia

Original review: May 25, 2017

"Items are repaired the day they're received and overnighted back to you for next-day delivery." Copied and pasted from the 1st email I was sent being told my item was being warrantied. And then they sent it back 2 day FedEx. After having it for 3 days, to be fair, 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday. But especially given that, you'd think they would get it back to you as quickly as I was led to believe.

Hello Lisa Jacobazzi,

We try to be flexible with our customers when it come to having your device repaired. Offering to use a local repair shop is in most cases the fastest option since most repairs can be done the same day. I did take a look at your claim, and since your device is fairly new this may account for the local shops in your area being unable repair them yet. I am sorry to hear that your repair with us was unsuccessful. We do hold our depots accountable for any issues within 30 days. I am reaching out to them as we speak to see what I can do to get this resolved for you. I will follow up with you shortly.

6/16/17 - Hi, Lisa

Original review: May 25, 2017

Was given several local dealer for repair, went one, they are no longer in business and the others would not service. Ended up sending in the phone, repair time was quick. However the phone stopped working after 4 days.

SquareTrade

Thanks for contacting SquareTrade. I can definitely understand your disappointment with receiving a device that was not working at 100%. I can assure our repair depots are required to do a complete audit to confirm functionality. Additionally, they are held accountable when a device malfunctions during the first 30 days of a repair. To ensure this next experience runs smoothly, we will be closely monitoring the progress of this repair. Should you have any further questions or concern, please do not hesitate to contact me at socialhelps@squaretrade.com.

6/16/17 - Hi, Amy

Original review: May 25, 2017

This tablet was dropped and I called and spoke to the customer representative and explained that the screen was cracked and also it would not boot up. The item was returned with a repaired screen but the operating system was not working even though the functionality checklist was complete. The checklist was pencil whipped and that's very disappointing.

SquareTrade Company Profile