formerly SquareTrade

4.1/5 (370 ratings)

About Allstate Protection Plans

Allstate Protection Plans offers device warranties and protection. The company has programs for every type of tech device and offers online claims, free shipping on repairs and no hidden fees. The plans are serviced by SquareTrade, an Allstate company.

Pros

• Coverage for most devices
  • Affordable plans
  • Cancel anytime
  • Accident coverage

Cons

• May never be used
  • 30-day requirement for most devices

Bottom Line

Allstate Protection Plans offers device protection for smart devices, appliances and TV. Its warranties are rated highly but may be an unnecessary expense over the life of the device. Premiums start at $5 per month.

Allstate Protection Plans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Protection Plans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Protection Plans?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I bought it and the plan and 2 days later dropped it on accident and filed a claim but no business around here will fix it. So it is still a claim in process. Still looking to get it fixed but can't find anyone. Can't replace it either.

John

Hello John,

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have faced concerning your repair claim.

SquareTrade does our best to provide a smooth claim experience and eliminate any issues that can cause delays for our customers. Our local repair resolution allows the customer to locate a repair shop within their area for quick and easy service. If an issue does occur during this process, our primary goal is to ensure our customers receive effective solutions promptly. We are sorry this did not happen in this case.

At this time, we were happy to speak with you and provide additional support regarding your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I was able to make my claim very quickly because of how straightforward everything was. I was able to get an answer about whether or not if my claim would be accepted within 24-48 hours. I plan on getting this plan if it's ever offered to me in the future.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

We bought a recliner/lift chair to assist me with mobility issues. I started noticing right arm was loose. Hubby saw it was broken clear to bottom of the chair. Protection plan - they said they'd send refund. We got an e-gift to Wayfair for less than half which is not enough to replace the chair. I am VERY dissatisfied. Even $600 eCheck to Wayfair doesn't cut it - quality is horrible.

Hello Connie,

We apologize for any frustration caused by your recent claim.

SquareTrade always does our best to offer repair and replacement resolutions as our first priority, and a reimbursement is typically an option reserved for atypical situations. We have designed SquareTrade protection plans to cover our consumers up to the amount spent on the item. The availability of the resolutions is based on several factors, such as the cost of the repair, the purchase amount of the device, whether we can source a comparable replacement item within the coverage limits of the plan and so on. At this time, we would like to verify the total amount of your item.

Again, we are very sorry for any frustration you have endured with the resolution provided. One of our specialists has reached out to you in order to further discuss this.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I claim because the game is not working. I had some email explaining and filling the documents and I am waiting for a refund. Appreciate the time for helping me. Thank you very much for the help. I have other product with this plan because it is necessary and effective.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

We bought the TV in January for the Super Bowl and it was already giving us manufacturer issues. There's a line that was going through the TV and it wouldn't go away. It would disappear and it would come back. So I decided to file a claim to Allstate. Mike, the rep, put it in and got everything going. Then he said that they would send an email and to take some pictures of the TV. I sent all the information and didn’t get a response. I sent the claim back in March and I called again in October because now, the TV just didn't want to turn on at that point. You could hear it, but you couldn't see a picture.

I had to file another claim because Allstate closed it. So, I had to call back and I was extremely frustrated because they said they never received the email when I have the email and the confirmation of the attachments. Then, they said they never received the claim and I was a little bewildered about that. So, I was upset. I talked to a supervisor and she was able to take care of me. She told me that they were gonna send me an email regarding a replacement for the TV. A month passed by and I got it in November.

About a couple of days ago, I had to call back again to find out the status of the replacement of the television. I talked to another gentleman and he helped me out and stayed on the phone with me while I got the email and explained to me this and this. So now that we filed the claim, we went through the Fast Cash thing so my husband could go pick out another television. We haven't received the check yet, because I just got an email saying that it was mailed out to me. It would take about five to seven business days, which is fine. So once we get that, then I'm literally just gonna hand it to my husband and tell him to get his TV and be done with it. But other than that, it has been resolved for the most part. But it was just the process, the frustration. We're in November. So, it’s about nine months. I could have had a baby by then.

Hello Christine,

We apologize for any frustrations caused surrounding your TV claim.

SquareTrade does our best to provide expeditious and hassle-free service to our customers since our goal is to provide a smooth claim experience and eliminate any issues that can cause a delay. We want to ensure that you have the support you need during the claim process. We are very sorry this has not been your experience with your previous claim from March.

We understand the frustration that can come from this. However, we were happy to speak with you and come to an amicable resolution for your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

We have wasted many hours dealing with the terrible customer claims and service with ZERO satisfaction. NINE times we have gone through the fraud of this "(haha) protection plan" which will not respond moreless repair or replace anything. Horrid service and a worse website and it is NOT by accident.

Hello John,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recent claim experience.

SquareTrade tries to provide adequate resolutions and assist customers during their claim process. We aim to eliminate any problems that can cause delays before affecting our customers. If any issue arises, our goal is to provide the support you need to complete the process. We are sorry that this has not been your experience, and we would like to see how we can further assist you.

Again, we truly apologize for any trouble you experienced during the claim process. At this time, one of our specialists has reached out to you to provide additional support.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Allstate Protection Plans sent a repair person for the dishwasher. On the third attempt, they figured the machine was dead. Allstate reimbursed the price of the machine. We're in the market of purchasing a new one. I was satisfied with the service. However, it was unusual going into the internet to try fill up the claim then they said it was not available on the internet and to call them. When I called, they told me to go back to the internet. Sometimes it's easier to talk than to write the explanation. But it was resolved and I was impressed.

I had a problem with this machine during the first two years. It was a lemon from the get-go. When I was calling through the Costco, it was a lot longer time to schedule. Costco would provide through other means an appointment then I would wait but nobody showed up. Apparently, the other guys didn't get that notification. On the previous few attempts through the Costco, it was a lot more painful versus this time. We have a family of seven so without the dishwasher, it's an issue. This time, I made the call Tuesday and following Monday, a person was already here. Allstate's response was quick.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Allstate Protection Plans is a great option. If anything goes wrong, you get a replacement or get reimbursed for something equal to the value of the product. If you don’t get the full amount, at least you get something where you can put a little bit of money with it to replace whatever went wrong.

I filed two claims at the same time. One was for the subwoofer speaker that I purchased from Walmart. It was turning on, but the speaker was not working. The other one was for the Noco battery jumper cable where you could self-jump off your vehicle without having to use another vehicle. It was not taking a charge anymore. I did the claim from the Walmart app. I clicked into that, went to protection plans and logged into the Allstate website. Sometimes you have to add more information where you type in, especially what you're experiencing with the product. The times I did it in the past, it’d take you to the next screen and ask you what you'd like to receive. It gives you a value for the product and asks you would you rather get a check in the bill or get a gift card for the amount to use at Walmart. Sometimes you have to send the product in, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes they'll arrange for someone to come out and check it out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I had a robotic vacuum and it started making gearing noise and not working properly. Submitting the claim with Allstate was very easy but the vacuum was not serviceable, so we just ended up with a refund of the $99. Also, the response back between whether they'd choose to pay out or repair the vacuum took a little longer than I expected. But that may be because the manufacturers didn’t respond to Allstate. All in all, the warranty service performed as I expected and hoped. I highly recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling. I submitted a claim online, and the process was straightforward. However, I've not been too thrilled about the whole process because I still don't have a working refrigerator. Allstate kicked it over to LG because there was a known issue with LG refrigerators. LG did a repair, and that failed. The earliest they can come is next week. So, a month without a refrigerator.

Hello Larry,

We apologize for any delays you have experienced with your claim.

SquareTrade protection plans are extended warranties designed to provide peace of mind by protecting against mechanical and electrical failures when the manufacturer's warranty has expired or the manufacturer cannot assist during their warranty period. In the event the manufacturer does not provide service, SquareTrade can reevaluate the case to see how we can take care of the customer's issue.

Again, we truly apologize for any trouble you experienced during the claim process. At this time, one of our team members has reached out to you to address this matter and provide additional support.

SQ

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The protection plan is worth every penny and I'm very satisfied with Allstate.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

The upright freezer stopped working. I submitted a claim and it went very easily. But it was a little confusing trying to get ahold of someone between the website and the phone. The internet would tell me to call and when I would call, it said to use the internet. When I finally got through to someone, though, it was great. The rep was very professional and cordial. They reimbursed me for the purchase and they sent a check, which was really quick.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The power source went out of the TV and the claim submission process was really easy. I called it in and they were patient with me. I sent a few pictures and gave them details about when it happened and what exactly happened. They really listened and didn't give me a hard time. With the way they handled it and how quickly they handled it, I was really satisfied. I will be making sure that when I do purchase certain things, I will include the Allstate protection plan.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I'm not very happy with Allstate. When I first contacted them, they could not see where I had purchased the protection plan. They couldn't find it off the receipt. I sent them a copy of the invoice from Menards. The next day, they finally found where I had purchased the protection plan. However, I have called so many times to get correct answers, which I could not get. I talked to Shania. She was a good girl. She told me what I needed to do and confirmed that the claim has been approved, and I had to pay it out of pocket for the technician to come out and look at the refrigerator to determine what was wrong with the refrigerator. She told me if it was more than 80%, don't let them repair it. That's exactly what happened.

As the refrigerator guy was here, I called them again because he wanted to let them know that this particular part would not be available until March of 2023. I had to go around and around to try to get somebody to talk to him to let them know that this is not being repaired. I paid him $171. I had to send that receipt in too. Then they couldn't find that receipt, so I had to send it again. I can't even get into the claim now. I talked to a supervisor. I was supposed to have a Menards gift card so I could go out and purchase another refrigerator. That hasn't happened. You have to go through the same process. If you've got a claim number, you shouldn't have to go through the same process then ask you where you purchased the refrigerator. They should be able to look at that claim and understand what it is. I'm without a refrigerator and have been since October the 21st. I'm tired of hollering and trying to get it taken care of. I'm in the process of sending out something to the CEO on the poor processes.

Hello Renee,

We apologize for the frustration surrounding your recent reimbursement claim.

SquareTrade strives to make the claim filing process as uncomplicated and hassle-free as possible. We try our best to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the tailored resolutions they get. If the payment is not received within the timeframe provided, our goal is to correct the issue before it causes further delays. We are sorry this was not your experience.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Filing a claim was easy. Lucky I had a box and shipping materials to send out laptop. Fast return had me excited not being without my laptop for too long. Sadly I was disappointed when I pulled laptop out of shipping materials. Cosmetics damages were repaired. Palm rest and bottom cover were bent back to descent shape with scuffed edges. Cracked screen was replaced while outer shell of screen was also bent back to accept replacement screen. Although there is still a largely noticeable dent towards upper corner. The web cam has a slight glitch. That glitch consisting of cam privacy.

When disabling web cam via button on keyboard, there is a white Sutter that covers cam. It remains open despite of disabling web cam. Shutter partially closes for a split second and remains open despite of web cam being disabled. I am aware the product is functional to an extent. Corrupt hard drive was replaced with less performance than what was factory installed by HP. I simply had high expectations or repairs.

Hi Emmanuel,

We apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with your recent claim experience.

SquareTrade uses certified technicians to complete all repairs and we perform extensive diagnostic tests to confirm functionality before returning the equipment to the customer. We offer a service guarantee of the work done for a period of time after the mail-in repair, for any failures once the claim is completed. We are sorry the issues with your device are still not fully resolved.

At this time, one of our specialists has reached out to you to discuss this and ensure the proper support is provided to resolve your issue.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

The Squaretrade/Allstate representatives were kind and courteous. After running a diagnostics test from home and resetting my television set, the problem (lines running vertical and horizontal during action sequences) was not resolved. After making sure the TV system was up to date, I was assured a replacement option for my TV. So far, I am pleased with this service provided. A replacement option is still pending.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I wish I could give them zero stars. I sent in my daughter's headphones because she dropped and broke them. They denied the claim because before we sent it in, she used tape to try and hold it together. Apparently to this company, tape is considered an "unauthorized repair"... WT entire F. Now I've got to try and fight this in arbitration strictly on GP. I will not let this go until they make it right.

Hello Michael,

We apologize for any dissatisfaction that you may have faced while getting your item repaired at our facility.

At SquareTrade, we are committed to providing an exceptional service that helps in meeting our customer's claim needs. Each resolution that is provided to our customers is based on the situation. If the claim is approved for having the item repaired at our facility, we run pre and post-diagnostics to ensure our repairs are successful. However, there are certain qualifications items must meet in order to be serviced. In this case, we determined the product was altered after purchase which is considered to void the coverage.

We are sorry for the experience you had with this claim. One of our team members has reached out to you to provide a satisfactory outcome.

HA

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I sent an Xbox Elite Series two controller in because one of the buttons no longer functioned correctly. So far it’s been working fine since I got it back and some minor cosmetic issues were also fixed. The controller has a rumble pack which causes it to vibrate and it seems to go off more often but overall, it came back in working condition and I’m pleased the original problem is resolved.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I am pleased with the service. They are responsive and also the process was easy to navigate! I would recommend holding on to your receipt or register your item immediately. Began the process online; received follow up emails on status-Great customer service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

We called and said what the problem with the controller was. They sent us a message saying they were gonna call us back in less than two minutes. When they called, they asked for my information about the controller, where I bought it from, and the shipping label of it. The guy who helped us was really kind. They told us they were gonna send us a gift card so we can get the controller replaced. I definitely recommend Allstate.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

My TV has been acting sluggish. When I turn it on, it doesn't want to turn on. The claim process went decently aside from having to keep repeating myself 20 times. I've been calling and calling. The first time, the rep wanted to do a 72-hour watch on it but I've already been through the process. I had taken a video and already wiped the TV clean. They wanted me to redo everything. So, I had to call them back the next day. Now, Allstate is gonna send somebody to change a couple of parts. If they fix it, that's great. If they don't, then I don't know what happens next. I don't feel like complaining again. I've been calling for the last year and a half about my TV and nothing has gotten done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Repair person did not show. I took off work. Your company provided a phone number to dispatch. Voice mail only. Left four messages. Contacted your company back to only tell me they cannot reach the vendor. I would need to reschedule. I took off work. Parts are here. However, the inner wall is full of ice and is bowing out. Safety appears not to be this company's concern. Shame on your horrible service. I am actually typing this while still sitting on hold to speak to a supervisor. 35 minutes.

Hello Rebecca,

We apologize for any delays you have experienced with your claim.

SquareTrade does our best to provide expeditious service to all customers. We understand your time is valuable. Therefore we attempt to account for any possible delays in the process and eliminate them. Should a delay occur, we do our best to provide timely updates and communication to our customers. We partner with certified repair companies that are held to these standards for our in-home repairs. We are sorry this did not occur in this case.

We understand the frustration that can come from this. We have reached out to you to provide additional support regarding your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

LS

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I am extremely frustrated with my experience so far. After submitting a claim request for a TV repair, I was contacted by phone by SquareTrade for a pre appointment check which was very professional. However, the follow up in-person appointment had a 5 HOUR window and the repair technician DID NOT SHOW UP! I contacted Squaretrade who appears to be handling this on behalf of Allstate and I still have not gotten any definitive response after several days besides that they are trying to contact the technician.

Hello Leonard,

We apologize for any delays you have experienced with your claim.

SquareTrade strives to provide the best claim experience for our customers. Our goal is to make the process as seamless and efficient as possible. We understand your time is valuable therefore we attempt to account for any possible delays in the process and eliminate them. Should a delay occur, we do our best to provide timely updates and communication to our customers. For our in-home repairs, we partner with certified repair companies that are held to these same standards. We are very sorry to hear about the poor communication and the lack of consistent information throughout your claim experience.

We understand the frustration that can come from this. However, we were happy to speak with you and provide additional support regarding your claim. We hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

My six-in-one heat press had a mechanical issue. The claim went okay but I'm still waiting on them to send me my check so I can buy a new presser. I need to get a new one because I have orders waiting. I don't know what's taking so long.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My most recent claim with Allstate was for my laptop. The laptop was purchased from Walmart. It was slow, not turning on, not following through with commands, and the cursor board wasn't responding. The claim process didn't go well. I tried to call to register the product and they said to do it online. But then, the online loop just circles you around and it never allows you to input any information on the product. I had to get online tech support to help. I had to give that person all of the information for them to register the product, which really presented as a tactic to not get the product registered and to not have any claims against it. Other than that, it shouldn't have been where I needed to get some assistance to do something so simple as to upload two sets of numbers.

Hello Nancy,

We apologize for the experience you had using our online portal.

SquareTrade does our best to provide a smooth registration experience and eliminate any issues that can cause delays. In the event any issues arise, our goal is to ensure that you have the support you need, either via phone or our chat feature. We are sorry this has not been your experience.

To better assist you, one of our team members has reached out to you. We are pleased to have provided a satisfactory resolution due to your experience.

OU

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Put a claim in not once but twice in the past week and still no one has come to fix our item. This is very disappointing and wondering why I have paid for this insurance. I have also emailed twice now about my concerns with no response at all.

Hello Matthew,

We are very sorry that you are unhappy with your recent claim experience.

SquareTrade strives to provide a smooth claim experience for our customers. Our goal is to make the process as seamless and efficient as possible. We understand your time is valuable; therefore, we attempt to account for any potential delays and eliminate them. Should a delay occur, we do our best to provide timely updates and communication to our customers. For our in-home repairs, we partner with certified repair companies that are held to these same standards. We are very sorry about the poor communication and the lack of consistent information throughout your claim experience.

At this time, one of our team members has reached out to you to discuss this and ensure the proper support is provided to resolve your issue.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

A coffee pot Farberware wouldn't honor warranty, told me to take it to Walmart and they would honor it, well they didn't. Good thing I had purchased Square Trade. They saved me all the hassle the other companies were giving me. Easy, one call, they called me back and it was done, yay. And nothing I had to ship back, trashed. Easy Peasy.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I bought a 75" TV and pad for protection plan because I spent so much money on the TV wanted to protect my investment. The edging was always iffy. It was loose especially on the side that just became a huge issue. The TV got loose from edging and popped out. A white line on the TV screen appeared. I showed my husband and he saw that the TV screen was not in the edging. He tried to pop it back in and the whole screen shattered. I filed a claim. It was rejected. Called number provided? Out of service. Tried to file a new claim said I am not able to and to call - please remember line is not in service. No agent available. No call. No email address to contact. I am pissed and feel ripped off. I also did not get an email on rejected claim. RIPOFF.

Hello Shelley,

We apologize for any frustration surrounding your claim.

SquareTrade offers two types of plans: Standard and Accidental. Our Standard plan covers mechanical and electrical malfunctions, while the Accidental plan includes accidental drops or liquid contact. In this case, the item was covered under our Standard Protection plan, which does not protect against physical damage. While SquareTrade does our best to assist all of our consumers, we can only approve claims within the specifications of the coverage purchased.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I got a dining set. From the wear and tear over time, the tears started coming apart. It got to where I couldn't fix it. I made a claim with Allstate and it went pretty quickly. But, the thing was, my purchase was 371 and I only got 271. But other than that, everything went cool.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I have recommended Allstate because I'm getting new glasses with a deductible of $25, which is amazing.

Allstate Protection Plans Company Information