4.50/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Walden University

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Walden University Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is well done. Fellow students are mostly engaging and high quality. Good instructors. The only reason I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars is the academic advising department needs improvement.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Do not waste your time, money and energy on this school. Even employers will not hire you when they see the name Walden University (online no physical location school), even they think this school is a joke. You will have their crooked fraudulent collection agency (Sunrise Credit Services, Inc,) with their unprofessional disgusting self, hound you to pieces. Also, you will be in debt for the remainder of your life. Ask yourself, "Do I really need a Doctoral degree" that bad to have to go through all of that stress and harassment? I highly recommend that you please seriously think about it and please "Don't Waste Your Time" in going there ..Thank you for listening to this valuable advice.

Get expert buying tips about Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 22, 2019

Exhilarating experience and I learned from students and professors. It was interactive great preparation for life as a researcher on the internet. however, you need be a self starter and have your own focus.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I began researching colleges online. Went by reviews from alumni and determined what college best suited my needs. I was walked through and helped through every part of the Walden University online program. Applying couldn't have been a better experience. It was really easy to go through the sign up and application process. Easier than I thought it would be. Walden University is versatile and offers many options and solutions to best suit your needs.

Original review: April 29, 2018

It is very easy to use, and easy to fit and suit you as a person and your life and schedule. It's really amazing the offerings they have and the program is better than I thought it would be. I've gotten more out of it than I thought I would. I wasn't sure how authentic an experience it would be, but it surprised me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walden University?

Original review: April 28, 2018

My experience with my online program I like it because at first I was going to school. I was there physical but I couldn't do it without two horses two kids so I really need to be home and it was better for me because at the end of the day I have two autistic kids so it's very hard for me to be anywhere else that I'm not that I cannot be. Maybe others think differently but I still get the same attention. Great school so far. Very fun. I get to be home with my kids for the mean while still go to work, help my kids with homework and be able to have hands all the time as a mom and so I pursue my career but this is a great offer. I love to school online is much better that much easier. Homework always gets done on time or before time. It is really enjoyable.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Walden University makes it very easy to work and attend school. It's really helpful to be able to do it this way. I can take my courses online when I have free time and I can also review the material easier there and be better prepared for testing. But some of the coursework doesn't load well on slower connection. It's frustrating to have to wait 5 minutes for the videos to load. Walden University is a great chance to learn at home. I've enjoyed it overall mainly because I can set my own pace and schedule.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I took Criminal Justice 101 and I worked hard each day to be successful. With online education programs you can ensure that your future is just as bright and I just took the first course in. Online studies make it so flexible and affordable, convenient time for working people and availability is great. You will interact with people from different backgrounds and situations. But I would improve on some of the expectations. They expect residency requirements for a master degree. Most are a few days to two weeks in duration and occur with advance notice to allow students to make personal accommodations.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The online program is absolutely amazing! It is authentic and the instructors are wonderful overall. I really like the layout of the program and the professors really treat you right. You couldn't think of a better university to have a positive experience. Walden University has been a real dream to attend. The experience was worthwhile, forthcoming, natural, and united. If I could do this program over again, I would definitely give it a shot.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Walden University's online academic programs are very intense and inclusive to those who are serious students pursuing law degrees, as well as they have places within and without the US to attend seminars and further access to other academics who are knowledgeable in your field of study. Instructors were great and very helpful in every way, the college itself as a whole is on top of its game so to speak where students are concerned and what they teach, they seem to have the best instructors much more than other colleges I have attended. Furthermore, they are not slack in returning monies to students from Pell grants and other grants owed to the student, which is a great plus since students have to have monies to purchase other items for classes.

My overall experience with Walden was wonderful, the staff are great and very knowledgeable and the interaction between staff and students are not informal but rather a one on one basis, nor did I ever have problems with the online classroom experience and doing my work nor being credited for it. Walden also offers online texts free for students for some classes which is a plus in many cases.

Walden University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walden University was established more than 45 years ago. It is a regionally accredited school that focuses on educating adults.

• Online programs: Walden's online programs are designed to fit the needs of busy adult learners by offering flexible start schedules.

• Grants, scholarships and tuition savings: Walden offers a variety of ways for adult students to save money on tuition.

• Best for: Adult learners or career changers who wish to complete their criminal justice degree online.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs