Strayer MBA

Compare Online MBA Programs

Research top Online MBA Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I like that the MBA sounds like the NBA. And it makes it sound so important and I really like the important things in school because without them I wouldn't be able to make a living or be successful in life and that's all I want to do. Enrollment is easy with a bit of help from old teachers. Also if you learn how to engage in online classes from early on in school you can definitely take advantage of that and get an online class or classes and study in school from there. No need to actually get out of the comfort of your own home. But I dislike the amount of time needed if your day to go school because if you don't have time you can't learn to engage in school.

I like that there are several qualified professionals that can help me succeed in my education and training in the Master of Business Administration Program at Strayer University. The program was extremely helpful. The online platform was extremely easy to use and the courses have played an extremely important role in teaching me what I need in order to advance my career.

Online capabilities, instructors who worked in the industry and not just teachers, could engage any time convenient to the student. Grading was generally fast, but not always consistent with professor's comments. If that is important to you. The recorded lectures were a bit tedious and slow, hard to relate to classmates, phone use didn’t appear to be available so you miss voice intonations and of course body language. But it's very easy to enroll and most classes were interesting and informative. They were helpful to me at work as well as coaching and mentoring. The platform was user friendly and unintimidating. I never had to use technical support.

Convenience is key. They work around your schedule as a working person and make it easy to get help. The degree focuses are vast and anyone can find a degree they are interested in. They also make it easy to work with veterans and all the GI bill payment plans. Enrollment and taking courses was usually seamless. They make it easy to make your schedule and complete your coursework in the time you desire. But the business office was often kept from doing their work because Strayer's systems were outdated and the information didn't show up in their systems as fast as it should. The VA and Strayer need to work together better for those not using the new GI bill.

The MBA program isn't to the standard of other schools that are more focused on each department. Strayer gets a lot of different master's programs and tries to lump them all as much as possible and course load isn't as rigorous as other schools. It isn't always accepted across the board regardless of accreditation because it isn't technically a brick and mortar school. The staff in the business office is often clueless (in my experiences at three different strayer university campuses.) and teachers either really care or couldn't care less about their classes and students. I wouldn't recommend the MBA program from Strayer.

It is a very comprehensive program with a wide range of course selections. The instructors are very knowledgeable and great. They help each student to excel in their studies. The enrollment process was fast and easy. I had no problems meeting with advisers or choosing the right courses to help me fulfill my requirements for the course of study I had chosen. It is a great program and I could not find fault with it other than I wished there had been more international business, finance and classroom courses offered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Strayer MBA?

It was very easy to enroll online, taking courses and fit with my schedule (I also worked full time). The coursework has helped me in my career. The instructors were good, the curriculum was relevant and I learned a lot. However, it should have more emphasis on logistics, warehousing, supply chain, e-commerce and automation. This is becoming a growing industry so more focus on these would be good.

The program is set up in a way to make it very easy and convenient for you to obtain your degree. It will also ensure that you will be successful in your course work. You can log into the blackboard and sit at your convenience as long as you complete your coursework on time. You have access to the library and the professor whenever you need it. The only difference from a physical college is that you are not sitting in the classroom. All you need is discipline. The support team is very strong and it is also easy to connect with classmates. The courses that I have taken have been very helpful too. The course material is set up to make the process of going through the course easy. And then the discussion forums help you to share with others what you have learned and to clarify. The enrollment process is also very easy.

Strayer University has two campuses in Atlanta which are very convenient for me if I want to take any class in person. Besides that, the schedule is very open that suits my work and responsibility as a Mother. Their MBA program is truly dedicated for working adults. Also, it is very easy to engage with the online classes and everything is described thoroughly on the syllabus. If I am allow to bring input is just I wish they do more approach to be more appealing for International Students to enter the programs. Most of the time I feel like there are no racial diversity so whenever we have international project, we couldn't maximize the output. But the courses have helped me a lot to improve my work in the company and the given projects are often based on real situation at my workplace.

I receive access to resources and mentoring from my own personal success coach. I have savings on my tuition because my employer is one of many companies who are a part of Strayer’s Corporate partner program. This is one of the only online programs out there in the world that engages with the student. We learn with real people, not robots. There is so much more to me now that I have furthered my education with Strayer’s MBA program. I really enjoy this and it has given me a reason to live my miserable and terrible life. “Education is key”, as DJ Kahled once said. I wouldn't change anything about this program. It’s given me and so many others purpose.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Strayer University is an American private, for-profit higher education institution with physical campuses nationwide and an online distance-learning program. Strayer offers two MBA programs, one administered through Strayer and another Executive MBA program through the Jack Welch Management Institute (JWMI), a partner program. The JWMI EMBA was named one of the Princeton Review’s Top 25 Online MBA Programs for 2017.

• Program length: Graduate students can choose to take 1-3 classes each quarter. This makes the total program length 1-3 years.
  • Course requirements: The Strayer MBA consists of 10 courses. EMBA students must take 12 courses through the JWMI, with a focus on leadership.
  • Tuition and fees: Strayer charges $2450 per graduate course, for a total tuition of around $29,400. With added fees, Strayer estimates that the online MBA totals around $31,590. Strayer accepts federal financial aid and military education benefits in addition to its own tuition benefits program for highly qualified students.
  • Subject areas: Students earning an MBA through Strayer can choose from 12 concentration areas, including Accounting, Finance, Health Services Administration, Marketing and more. Students earning an EMBA from the Jack Welch Management specialize in Leadership, with courses such as Leadership in the 21st Century, Business Communications, Marketing in a Global Environment, People Management, Financial Management and more.
  • Accreditation: Strayer is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. For students earning an EMBA, the Jack Welch Management Institute is also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
  • Best for working adults who need a flexible program, especially managers who want to move up in their company.

Compare Online MBA Programs