4.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 2, 2017

10 Strayer MBA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I graduated from Strayer University with an MBA, and I can say it was a challenging-- yet rewarding- experience. The academic staff was more than helpful whenever I asked for help-- and I needed help several times. They probably were tired of me, but they were always courteous-- and because many of the professors had full-time jobs, they delivered relevant and up-to-date materials in their lectures. Having full time careers also meant, professors understood the challenges that non-traditional students faced.

The organizational structure of Strayer University is geared towards providing education for working adults--no step shows from the fraternities or sororities here. If you are a college student looking for that experience, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for convenient class schedules with multiple delivery formats, there is no need to look any further. I apply something I have learned from pursuing my degree almost every day, whether it was something I discovered as a by-product of researching another topic or the lesson objective. If you take anything from this review, please understand pursuing education is in investment. Be prepared, because you WILL invest: Your late nights or early mornings doing homework, attend fewer sporting events or nights out with friends (it may be an ideal study time for you, if your spouse is out for the evening), your family time, and your money.

My point is: Embarking on this journey is not going to be easy, and it is designed that way purposely. This journey is meant to prepare men and women capable of working under duress to solve problems in their respective fields as part of a team. All of which Strayer University has prepared me to do. I am proud to call myself a Strayer University Alumnus!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I like that the MBA sounds like the NBA. And it makes it sound so important and I really like the important things in school because without them I wouldn't be able to make a living or be successful in life and that's all I want to do. Enrollment is easy with a bit of help from old teachers. Also if you learn how to engage in online classes from early on in school you can definitely take advantage of that and get an online class or classes and study in school from there. No need to actually get out of the comfort of your own home. But I dislike the amount of time needed if your day to go school because if you don't have time you can't learn to engage in school.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 13, 2017

I like that there are several qualified professionals that can help me succeed in my education and training in the Master of Business Administration Program at Strayer University. The program was extremely helpful. The online platform was extremely easy to use and the courses have played an extremely important role in teaching me what I need in order to advance my career.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Online capabilities, instructors who worked in the industry and not just teachers, could engage any time convenient to the student. Grading was generally fast, but not always consistent with professor's comments. If that is important to you. The recorded lectures were a bit tedious and slow, hard to relate to classmates, phone use didn’t appear to be available so you miss voice intonations and of course body language. But it's very easy to enroll and most classes were interesting and informative. They were helpful to me at work as well as coaching and mentoring. The platform was user friendly and unintimidating. I never had to use technical support.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Convenience is key. They work around your schedule as a working person and make it easy to get help. The degree focuses are vast and anyone can find a degree they are interested in. They also make it easy to work with veterans and all the GI bill payment plans. Enrollment and taking courses was usually seamless. They make it easy to make your schedule and complete your coursework in the time you desire. But the business office was often kept from doing their work because Strayer's systems were outdated and the information didn't show up in their systems as fast as it should. The VA and Strayer need to work together better for those not using the new GI bill.

The MBA program isn't to the standard of other schools that are more focused on each department. Strayer gets a lot of different master's programs and tries to lump them all as much as possible and course load isn't as rigorous as other schools. It isn't always accepted across the board regardless of accreditation because it isn't technically a brick and mortar school. The staff in the business office is often clueless (in my experiences at three different strayer university campuses.) and teachers either really care or couldn't care less about their classes and students. I wouldn't recommend the MBA program from Strayer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Strayer MBA?

Original review: May 10, 2017

It is a very comprehensive program with a wide range of course selections. The instructors are very knowledgeable and great. They help each student to excel in their studies. The enrollment process was fast and easy. I had no problems meeting with advisers or choosing the right courses to help me fulfill my requirements for the course of study I had chosen. It is a great program and I could not find fault with it other than I wished there had been more international business, finance and classroom courses offered.

Original review: May 7, 2017

It was very easy to enroll online, taking courses and fit with my schedule (I also worked full time). The coursework has helped me in my career. The instructors were good, the curriculum was relevant and I learned a lot. However, it should have more emphasis on logistics, warehousing, supply chain, e-commerce and automation. This is becoming a growing industry so more focus on these would be good.

Original review: May 6, 2017

The program is set up in a way to make it very easy and convenient for you to obtain your degree. It will also ensure that you will be successful in your course work. You can log into the blackboard and sit at your convenience as long as you complete your coursework on time. You have access to the library and the professor whenever you need it. The only difference from a physical college is that you are not sitting in the classroom. All you need is discipline. The support team is very strong and it is also easy to connect with classmates. The courses that I have taken have been very helpful too. The course material is set up to make the process of going through the course easy. And then the discussion forums help you to share with others what you have learned and to clarify. The enrollment process is also very easy.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Strayer University has two campuses in Atlanta which are very convenient for me if I want to take any class in person. Besides that, the schedule is very open that suits my work and responsibility as a Mother. Their MBA program is truly dedicated for working adults. Also, it is very easy to engage with the online classes and everything is described thoroughly on the syllabus. If I am allow to bring input is just I wish they do more approach to be more appealing for International Students to enter the programs. Most of the time I feel like there are no racial diversity so whenever we have international project, we couldn't maximize the output. But the courses have helped me a lot to improve my work in the company and the given projects are often based on real situation at my workplace.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I receive access to resources and mentoring from my own personal success coach. I have savings on my tuition because my employer is one of many companies who are a part of Strayer’s Corporate partner program. This is one of the only online programs out there in the world that engages with the student. We learn with real people, not robots. There is so much more to me now that I have furthered my education with Strayer’s MBA program. I really enjoy this and it has given me a reason to live my miserable and terrible life. “Education is key”, as DJ Kahled once said. I wouldn't change anything about this program. It’s given me and so many others purpose.

Strayer MBA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Strayer University is an American private, for-profit higher education institution with physical campuses nationwide and an online distance-learning program. Strayer offers two MBA programs, one administered through Strayer and another Executive MBA program through the Jack Welch Management Institute (JWMI), a partner program. The JWMI EMBA was named one of the Princeton Review’s Top 25 Online MBA Programs for 2017.

• Program length: Graduate students can choose to take 1-3 classes each quarter. This makes the total program length 1-3 years.

• Course requirements: The Strayer MBA consists of 10 courses. EMBA students must take 12 courses through the JWMI, with a focus on leadership.

• Tuition and fees: Strayer charges $2450 per graduate course, for a total tuition of around $29,400. With added fees, Strayer estimates that the online MBA totals around $31,590. Strayer accepts federal financial aid and military education benefits in addition to its own tuition benefits program for highly qualified students.

• Subject areas: Students earning an MBA through Strayer can choose from 12 concentration areas, including Accounting, Finance, Health Services Administration, Marketing and more. Students earning an EMBA from the Jack Welch Management specialize in Leadership, with courses such as Leadership in the 21st Century, Business Communications, Marketing in a Global Environment, People Management, Financial Management and more.

• Accreditation: Strayer is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. For students earning an EMBA, the Jack Welch Management Institute is also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).

• Best for: working adults who need a flexible program, especially managers who want to move up in their company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs