1.4/5 (9 ratings)

About Real Estate Express

Real Estate Express is an online real estate course for people who want to earn their real estate license. With Real Estate Express, you can complete real estate courses and acquire certification at your own pace online.

What is Real Estate Express?

Real Estate Express provides online courses for earning or enhancing your real estate license. It offers the flexibility to complete an education in real estate at home (or wherever you find yourself when a study session calls to you, day or night), and it provides educational support, largely from peers in an online student forum.

While Real Estate Express offers state-approved prelicensing, test preparation, some post-licensing and plenty of continuing education courses through McKissock Learning, its parent company, most consumers are attracted to its prelicense education options. All but the most basic prelicense packages include a guarantee that if you don’t pass the exam on the first go, Real Estate Express refunds your money — though this guarantee isn’t available to residents of Florida and Tennessee.

Real Estate Express’s post-license education is limited to just six states: Alabama, Florida (sales and broker), Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky and Mississippi. The company offers continuing education in most states through individual courses and course packages. McKissock Learning gives students 24/7 access to Real Estate Express’s education resources for optimal flexibility.

How long does Real Estate Express take?

The time it takes to complete a Real Estate Express course varies depending on which part of your education you’re fulfilling.

For prelicensing coursework, the length depends somewhat on the package you purchase, but it isn’t likely to take more than a few months. You have six months from the time you register your account to access and complete your course. In states that mandate multiple courses, Real Estate Express students are given six months for each. The one exception is Colorado, where six courses must be completed within a year.

The basic prelicensure course is 60 hours, as mandated by every state you’ll find in the Real Estate Express list, along with a 30-hour real estate practices course that must be completed before applying for a license.

Prelicensure packages give you access to live instructor Q&A sessions, practice exams, the “Test Prep” option and other add-ons. Some may find the additional time and money aren’t necessary to earn a license; others feel secure knowing they’re as prepared as possible to pass the licensing exam on the first attempt.

Real Estate Express cost

The cost depends on several factors:

• The state in which you reside or intend to get licensed
  • Where you are in the real estate education process
  • How much of an investment you want to make

For example, if you live in California, the cost for the basic prelicensure package is $119 for 135 hours of prelicense courses, state-approved instructor support and three e-books.

If you want extra study aids, Real Estate Express offers three other products in California:

• Exam Preparation: $225 (includes “The Basics” and exam prep, pass-or-don’t-pay guarantee and basic Real Estate Express membership)
  • Exam Preparation Plus: $349 (includes “Exam Preparation” and “Prep for Success Pro” membership, “Exam Cram” video, a real estate dictionary and regular Q&As with an instructor)
  • Ultimate Learning: $449 (includes “Exam Preparation Plus,” a video-based instructional program to help you make money, a printed course textbook and a year of professional development)

Planning to go into sales in California? The company offers “Exam Prep for California Salesperson” for $99 (includes flashcards and progress exams).

If you want to upgrade your license in California, there are two package options, both for brokers:

• Broker Basics (includes 225 hours of broker courses, two e-books, state-approved instructor support and an online discussion group)
  • Broker Ultimate Learning (includes “Broker Basics” plus printed course textbooks and a one-year professional development membership)

Already licensed and ready for continuing education courses? Real Estate Express currently offers nine different courses, each of which lasts 45 hours and costs $99.

Real Estate Express FAQ

Is Real Estate Express accredited?
Yes, Real Estate Express is accredited by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) and the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC).
Does Real Estate Express work everywhere?
No. Real Estate Express makes it possible to fulfill prelicense requirements in many states — around 30 as of the time of publishing, with Maine and Washington, D.C., listed as coming soon — but not every state. In areas where it’s available, the prelicense examination materials are approved by each state. Options to upgrade a real estate license or complete post-license education are even more limited, with fewer than 10 states available in these categories. Continuing education is open to people in most states.
How much does Real Estate Express cost?
The cost varies by location (Texans will pay more than Iowans for the same products) and whether you’re purchasing a prelicense package, post-license education, a test preparation package or continuing education course.

Is Real Estate Express legit?

Real Estate Express offers many resources for those who plan to become a real estate agent or want to continue their education. The courses aren’t available everywhere, but they are available in many U.S. states. If you’re interested in taking your real estate license exam, Real Estate Express is a good option that’s worth checking out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Real Estate Express?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Real Estate Express?

Original review: March 8, 2022

I recently purchased the MD Livestream Mon/Tue/Wed Evenings (Mar 14). I contacted them about the books they provide. They could not provide me any information on the book when the class starts in 7 days. I called them 5 days after the purchase to ask about the book then when I got a hold of someone on the phone they tell me that it will take 7-10 days which it will be the same day of class. Nowhere on the website it says the book takes 7-10 days to receive with no confirmation. I can't go to class without a book. Another thing they sent me email receipt for the course. And all the support emails they have:

support@realestateexpress.com

errorreport@realestateexpress.com

They send emails to me from there. But when I respond to any of them I get a message back that I was blocked on both. And that was on GMAIL. I tried using yahoo and I get an email from mailer daemon. When you go to their website it says you can contact them via support@realestateexpress.com. Even in the emails they sent me says contact them via support@realestateexpress.com. Also when I called them they told me to email them there. When I asked them about this, their only answer is that google is the issue and I need to contact them. That is wrong, if I cant send the email on any different email accounts, the email is faulty or whatever. I've talked with them too many times, taking me in a circle. Not giving me the answers to any question I ask.

PLEASE I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE FROM REAL ESTATE EXPRESS. Another thing on credit card they come up as a different company name than their website says. Which is: American School. As the last thing the person I talked to told me I need to talk to their tech support which is the same number I called which got me to him. This place is just confusing, taking me in circles never giving me the direct answer. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I signed up for the 30 hour and 45 hour PA Real Estate Live course to start on 01/03/2022. It was supposed to be M,T & W from 6-9PM EST. This has been the most UNORGANIZED class I have ever been in. We have had 2 instructors. So many date changes. We were not supposed to be in class on 01/31,02/01 and 02/02 then they changed it to have class. We all joined class on 02/01 without an instructor. Then the instructor told a student in the class that it was cancelled.

Today 02/02 I received an email that yesterdays class was cancelled and they added yet another date we were not supposed to have class. This is a consistent problem. I have called multiple times. Customer service wait took FOREVER then I spoke with a gentleman who said he would put me in a different class. I have already gone through 36 hours WHY WOULD I START ALL OVER. Then he said he was going to call me back by today with a solution but no call back. When I called yesterday about the class instructor not being in there the woman hung up on me. I would not purchase this course again. I would not recommend this course to anyone. It has been terrible and the customer service team has been less than helpful.

Get buying tips about Online Learning Platforms delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I was a RE broker for 25 years previously, then let my license drop. Thought that I could just start right back up, and took a refresher online course, and failed the Florida sales exam. I was missing some important topics on the test. So I tried the test again, and failed again. Then I saw the ad for this school, and it looked promising. I studied thoroughly for 1 month, and read every page in the pre-license class. It took some time. The day before the exam, I went over every pre-license test question and answer. The last and final test was much easier, and yes, I PASSED!!! The only negative comment about this company, is that they advertised a different price, than what they charged.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

This thing is so trash. Typos everywhere. Material is boring as hell. If you have adhd do not get this because there is nothing that will get your brain stimulated. nNo videos. No examples. No anything. Teachers do not get back to you. I'm still in the process because I wasted 400 dollars. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRASH SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I wasted my money on this course twice. I attempted 4 final exams, after retaking the course I was frustrated and confused as to why I have not passed when I passed my state exam the first time right after finishing the real estate course. There were many questions that have 2 and sometimes more correct answers to questions, the wording was confusing, lack of information, or simply poor English/grammar, so I questioned the quality of the exam. I contacted the help support and emailed the instructors and they could not help me with what questions I needed to further study. I also can not get a refund. I was in the dark about what I did wrong; what I did wrong was to use their website in the first place. I think it is all a scam. DO NOT USE their services.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

This has been a complete nightmare! I am a licensed agent in Georgia and I am trying to get my FL Real Estate license. At the end of each chapter you take a quiz, if you don't get 80% you have to retake the quiz. I have written questions and answers down exactly and then I retake the quiz. I should be getting a 100 at this point but it changes a few of my answers. That was fine because I still got 80% and moved on. I hit chapter 7 yesterday and have taken the quiz 9 times!!! It changes too many of my answers every time and it will not let me move forward.

I have been on the phone constantly, they don't even have a direct number so whoever answers calls for them bounces you around at least 3 times. They are saying it could take a couple days to fix the problem. I have a job offer in FL and need to get my FL license ASAP. I am about to try a different company. I am beyond stressed out frustrated. Shouldn't someone in IT be able to help me when I call???

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have taken and passed both Colorado and national exams -- after finishing REX and then enrolling in a different school's review course. I finished 100% of coursework within Real Estate Express. First the good: The content for the National portions was decent. Some instructors online are ok, one is exceptionally good, some, not so good. The coursework is … average. The tests grade you, but you don't have any idea what you missed or got right, and no idea what to study if you fail an exam.

Now the bad: Colorado's coursework should have option for ZERO stars. The contracts course is taught using a DECADE OLD contract. Yeah, 10 years old. The current contract in actual use is vastly different -- but not taught. The Colo. Regulations they teach? Those changed YEARS ago and don't even correspond to course material now. REX coursework will say something like "Rule F5 says" ... except Rule F5 changed years ago and isn't even in the Colorado Real Estate Manual (CREM). Likewise, in one section on record keeping in the coursework, it says, "See the CREM for how do to this" -- and that section doesn't exist anymore in the manual -- and isn't covered in the coursework. I called the REX help line and said that the content was far, far out of date. The reply? "We're still accredited with Colorado, so it must not matter."

My colorado "instructor" just wasn't there most of the time. The "email instructor" thing was a joke. It got so bad, I started keeping track. Example: in the last course I took, started keeping track of how many questions I sent and how many answers I got. I sent 11 questions. Got one reply. Question was something like, "This paragraph is very unclear about XYZ. Could you clarify?" And the only answer I got was a copy/paste from the teacher of the confusing paragraph. There were errors in their closing documents, contradictory statements in the coursework (ex: Agents NEVER measure a property; next chapter: Here's how you measure a property!). When I asked which it is... no reply.

The exams are SUPER confusing and reference way in-the-weeds trivia in the text. I'm talking extreme trivial pursuit. Then the test questions themselves were often terrible. Sometimes ALL the answers to a question were wrong. Or ALL right. It was explained to me to go for the "most right" or "most wrong" answer. And... you'd never find out which questions you got right or wrong, or what the answers were or even where to find them. It was not unusual to have a question on one exam come from content from a unit not yet studied.

There was one course exam in the Real Estate Express coursework that I failed multiple times, even after taking days of review between tests. I did have someone from national reach out directly, and that's the only way I even got through one of the courses (and I'm grateful for that). Almost none of that difficult coursework was useful for the actual exam. After finishing REX for the credits, I enrolled in another school for review. That other school's review course did more good toward the test than all of the Colorado coursework I took through REX.

After repeatedly failing REX exams, I passed the actual exam with over a 90% average (which I credit to the other course). The actual exam was MUCH easier than the REX exams. Util they completely overhaul the Colorado course and get a new state instructor, I cannot recommend Real Estate Express for Colorado coursework.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Run the other way if you are considering getting your real estate license. There are no chapter review test at the end. I failed my Principles of Real Estate 1. They want to charge you $100.00 to reenroll after I had already paid. Their online courses aren't about teaching out of the book. It's very broad. The local instructor tell you to focus on chapter key concepts. This is not helpful if you can't take a quiz to know what you need to study more on. Run don't walk from Real Estate Express.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I have never failed anything in my life. Have multiple IT certs and degrees from online learning. The course is basically a textbook then quizzes at the end. You can ace every quiz and it doesn't help you pass the final at all. I got 50% after getting 90-100 entire course. Then I paid for extra study options but you can't use them until you finish the course. Which as I stated, can't be passed with this garbage website. Save your money.

Real Estate Express Company Information