This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Real Estate Express is an online real estate course for people who want to earn their real estate license. With Real Estate Express, you can complete real estate courses and acquire certification at your own pace online.
Real Estate Express is a solid option for self-directed learners. Some of the company’s wares come with a money-back guarantee, and it has options for license renewal and continuing education.
- Offers continuing education
- Limited availability
- Test prep reliant on self-discipline
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Real Estate Express?
Real Estate Express provides online courses for earning or enhancing your real estate license. It offers the flexibility to complete an education in real estate at home (or wherever you find yourself when a study session calls to you, day or night), and it provides educational support, largely from peers in an online student forum.
While Real Estate Express offers state-approved prelicensing, test preparation, some post-licensing and plenty of continuing education courses through McKissock Learning, its parent company, most consumers are attracted to its prelicense education options. All but the most basic prelicense packages include a guarantee that if you don’t pass the exam on the first go, Real Estate Express refunds your money — though this guarantee isn’t available to residents of Florida and Tennessee.
Real Estate Express’s post-license education is limited to just six states: Alabama, Florida (sales and broker), Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky and Mississippi. The company offers continuing education in most states through individual courses and course packages. McKissock Learning gives students 24/7 access to Real Estate Express’s education resources for optimal flexibility.
How long does Real Estate Express take?
The time it takes to complete a Real Estate Express course varies depending on which part of your education you’re fulfilling.
For prelicensing coursework, the length depends somewhat on the package you purchase, but it isn’t likely to take more than a few months. You have six months from the time you register your account to access and complete your course. In states that mandate multiple courses, Real Estate Express students are given six months for each. The one exception is Colorado, where six courses must be completed within a year.
The basic prelicensure course is 60 hours, as mandated by every state you’ll find in the Real Estate Express list, along with a 30-hour real estate practices course that must be completed before applying for a license.
Prelicensure packages give you access to live instructor Q&A sessions, practice exams, the “Test Prep” option and other add-ons. Some may find the additional time and money aren’t necessary to earn a license; others feel secure knowing they’re as prepared as possible to pass the licensing exam on the first attempt.
Real Estate Express cost
The cost depends on several factors:
- The state in which you reside or intend to get licensed
- Where you are in the real estate education process
- How much of an investment you want to make
For example, if you live in California, the cost for the basic prelicensure package is $119 for 135 hours of prelicense courses, state-approved instructor support and three e-books.
If you want extra study aids, Real Estate Express offers three other products in California:
- Exam Preparation: $225 (includes “The Basics” and exam prep, pass-or-don’t-pay guarantee and basic Real Estate Express membership)
- Exam Preparation Plus: $349 (includes “Exam Preparation” and “Prep for Success Pro” membership, “Exam Cram” video, a real estate dictionary and regular Q&As with an instructor)
- Ultimate Learning: $449 (includes “Exam Preparation Plus,” a video-based instructional program to help you make money, a printed course textbook and a year of professional development)
Planning to go into sales in California? The company offers “Exam Prep for California Salesperson” for $99 (includes flashcards and progress exams).
If you want to upgrade your license in California, there are two package options, both for brokers:
- Broker Basics (includes 225 hours of broker courses, two e-books, state-approved instructor support and an online discussion group)
- Broker Ultimate Learning (includes “Broker Basics” plus printed course textbooks and a one-year professional development membership)
Already licensed and ready for continuing education courses? Real Estate Express currently offers nine different courses, each of which lasts 45 hours and costs $99.
Real Estate Express FAQ
- Is Real Estate Express accredited?
- Yes, Real Estate Express is accredited by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) and the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC).
- Does Real Estate Express work everywhere?
- No. Real Estate Express makes it possible to fulfill prelicense requirements in many states — around 30 as of the time of publishing, with Maine and Washington, D.C., listed as coming soon — but not every state. In areas where it’s available, the prelicense examination materials are approved by each state. Options to upgrade a real estate license or complete post-license education are even more limited, with fewer than 10 states available in these categories. Continuing education is open to people in most states.
- How much does Real Estate Express cost?
- The cost varies by location (Texans will pay more than Iowans for the same products) and whether you’re purchasing a prelicense package, post-license education, a test preparation package or continuing education course.
Is Real Estate Express legit?
Real Estate Express offers many resources for those who plan to become a real estate agent or want to continue their education. The courses aren’t available everywhere, but they are available in many U.S. states. If you’re interested in taking your real estate license exam, Real Estate Express is a good option that’s worth checking out.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Real Estate Express Company Information
- Company Name:
- Real Estate Express
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.