Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
1.87/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

45 Intercoast Colleges Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Intercoast Colleges Administrators and Campus Presidents located in Elk Grove California. I am proud to say that I successfully graduated from my Medical Assisting program. My Instructor was tough! Yes even strict! But I learned the most from her, because it gave me positive challenges to strive for in being serious about learning, and having new career opportunities provided to me! No more going from job to job! I was blessed to receive a Federal grant to start and complete school!

I told the administrators that I did not have thousands of dollars to pay for tuition! It only took 30 minutes of my time in sitting down with them, taking a look at my financial options with them explaining to me that I qualified for close to $6,000.00 dollars to go to school! Wow the school was a blessing to me! Up on completion, I had no issues in being placed in a great (externship) OPPORTUNITY in a Urgent Care medical office in Elk Grove California. After completing all my hours the Medical Doctor offered me a job! May this school continue to grow and prosper. Congratulations on the new school location!

Original review: July 13, 2016

When I first decided that I would want to pursue a career in psychology, I was very enthusiastic about helping people's lives and I still am. My First time ever seeing this college was online. When I decided to look up alcohol and drug counseling looking for something that I could get done quickly and was cost effective, but was I in for a rude awakening. I first started looking at student ratings (on the website lol) thinking this was a school I would be proud to mention on a resume. So I signed up, my adviser was a quick talker, smooth calm and collected. They talked me into it. My first incident was when an accident occurred and I didn't log in much after for some skepticism. When I missed a Quiz it would say I made an 80 or when I missed an assignment a 100. So first I brushed it off as a typo, then it happens again when I go on a retreat, in which was manipulation of grades for their benefit.

My other incident was when I could not login no matter if I changed the password or what for one of the financial advisers threatened to shut me off of class if I didn't get a loan and I called and called and no one would answer before. I guess they decided to call when they wanted some money, so I continued going about my everyday life with Intercoast not picking up and calling when they need something until I called about a W and an WF because I made it to the Externship but no contact for that. Then I called and the person didn't even know what a W and a WF was. I was like wow they don't care if you can't log in and they don't care if you are looking for a legitimate college. My reason for giving in exact detail was for whoever reads this will know this college is not worth wasting months of your time on a lie told from a fraudulent college.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I went to Intercoast in South Portland, Maine. Started in September 2014 but never got to finish the class because none of the people that worked there helped me get an externship. So now Kelly the owner or whatever she is saying I owe a balance of 2 grand. I can't get my transcript unless my balance is paid off when technically I didn't get to finish and never got me an externship. This school is BS. Good thing this school is closing its campus.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

Go to a college. This was the biggest mistake of my life. Caused me to be depressed. The director of the campus plays favorites and is never available. Her door always shut. I owe 30,000 for the LPN program that I was forced to test into 3rd term cause I was out too long and failed me cause I couldn't suction a patient. When I asked what I did wrong? No explanation. You just failed. After calling the scholars to appeal that was denied, so Now I owe tons of money. Refused to give transcript. Too much Crap to list. Stay away. DON'T SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

The tests were inaccurate. The new alcohol teacher is illegally conducting counseling from the school, and staff partying with students and employees. The whole federal funding is being unprofessionally used. There is no quality education or staff who knows what they are doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercoast Colleges?

Original review: July 21, 2015

I am currently attending ICC in Orange County CA. I am enrolled in the HVAC program which is held at the Annex building in Anaheim CA. Recently I have made attempts to address my disappointment with this school. I have talked with the student advisor but nothing has been done as of now. I feel terrible in doing so but I believe that what this school does is unethical and straight out wrong. Their interest is only revenue. Our campus goes without materials, equipment, and on occasion, Instructors!

I am staring a petition from former and current students that feel the same way about this School. I believe that if we work together we can help make some changes. The president of this campus Mrs. ** needs to hear from every single one of us. The education of each and every students needs to be their first priority, not the money. You can contact me at **. Tell me a little bit about your experience. I will start making a list and let's all get together and make this right. Thank you.

Original review: April 27, 2015

I've had the same experience with this college. If you fail a test, they'll change your grade to an A to make them look good for their ratings. I finished the school months ago. No certificate, don't even know if I actually graduated. They say I did. Took them 5 mins to enroll me, now that I'm done they could care less. Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit, and how do you go about it? Email me at **.

Original review: April 27, 2015

This was the biggest mistake of my life. Why? Because I wanted to go to school for substance abuse counseling and this was the closest school to me. It popped up out of nowhere, and I had a friend working as a recruit. She talked it up, and I'm sure she has no clue what was in store for me. I had 1 instructor the whole time, who was absolutely wonderful, but my director always changed. I had completed my program, and I was ecstatic. When I had signed up, I was told there would be help with job placement. Lo and behold, 6 months after my graduation, which I was NEVER aware about, I didn't have a job or even help FINDING a job. I also never received my certificate and now I'm stuck at a job I don't like because this school screwed me over. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Original review: April 16, 2015

I grad from this college - still don't have diploma. They said I owed $500. Contacted headquarters - got It straightened out, was told they would have it ready. Got the run around. Still don't work as ADC. Owe Sallie Mae money for nothing.

Original review: March 17, 2015

Worst schools you can go to. Whole class of 30 were taken advantage of, lied to and used. I did the Lvn program, we had 20 instructors that weren't worth a damn. Didn't have clinical sites. The instructors, about 5 of them advised us to sue them.

Intercoast Colleges Company Information