Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
1.87/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Intercoast Colleges Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I attended InterCoast back in 2006-2007, Riverside, CA Computerized Accounting was the course I had taken. My teacher was very nice but did not know how to teach a class. I barely understood what she was saying due to her heavy accent. When we started working in the math book I found one of the answers in the book was incorrect. I did the breakdown to show this teacher the book was incorrect, I even showed her the example that she is providing on the board was did and what was in the book the answer did match up, and I was told to just mark what the book has and continue from there.

I went to the Director (Jim) who told me to go ahead and continue on without the assistance of the teacher. Now if I was going to do that why do I have to pay financial aid back if I was not going to get taught the lesson I signed up for. I understand that I should pay for the books but why am I paying for a lesson I didn't get. My classmates came to me to ask me for help, and how did I get my answers. This school is sad.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

This school is a rip off. Prior to enrolling I spoke with Chris and informed him that I would be moving out of state within six months. The course I was interested in was 12 months. I asked if it would be a problem to be out of state. He assured me there wouldn’t be an issue and that they “have students all over the country”. Well now that I have moved and informed Diane she let me know that they are not licensed (or something like that) to teach outside of California but she said she would call me back after discussing with Chris who is now the VP. That was 2 months ago and I have yet to receive a return call.

I called 3 weeks ago and spoke to Theresa the new director, explained my situation and let her know that I need an explanation, and informed her that wouldn’t have even started the course if I knew from the gate that Intercoast couldn’t teach an out of state student. Again no return call. I also emailed Julie with no response. These people are unprofessional! The school needs to be shut down. DO NOT ENROLL IN THIS SCHOOL. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. THE TEACHING IS SUBPAR.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I signed up and started attending Intercoast Colleges (Nov 2017), I'm 57 years old and I'm in class with 18 year olds. Every person I have had as a classmate or staff has been unbelievably smart, hard working and fun to be around. I’m probably one of the oldest students in the entire Intercoast Colleges system, but hey who cares!! I have 2 retirements. I have planned a good life for myself and family. I was probably the worst student in the public high school, I always loved to learn but I hated school back then. I was just too immature for my age.

Today I love going to class. Everyone brings a variety of electrical problems they have experienced thru their relatives or past homes and we use those examples to help that student go back to that location, fix the problem and we discuss what he or she did and how that student's confidence gets built up!! I enrolled in the Electrical program for a couple of reasons: 1. I wanted to learn something I had always had a bit of a fear of. 2. I wanted a skill that was respectable. 3. I wanted to be able to fly into any city, any state or any country and be able to get a job!!

One of the best decision I have ever made. You will read every unbelievable excuse in this forum... Why they weren’t happy. Everything from, why the door to the bathroom squeaked or it rained the day they enrolled or some other lame "Jerry Springer" excuse. Here is your choice. Make the necessary life adjustments and sacrifices or continue complaining about terrible boss, terrible coworkers, terrible pay, terrible life or jump on board and make some changes. Life is hard but it's not that hard!! There is nothing perfect, not your mom, not your dad, not your kids, not your neighbors, nothing is so perfect so get over it. Counselors and teachers are willing to help and go above and beyond.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been in contact with Intercoast Colleges, and I had the opportunity to attend several meetings. Therefore, I can guarantee you that they are accredited, that they are very concern about doing everything right and they really care about their students. It is possible that some people get angry or misjudge their own situation and write harsh comments on the spur of anger. Honestly this is a great company with a big heart and a strong code of ethics. So I suggest that before taking any negative comment as it face value, you give a call to anybody working at Intercoast Colleges, even their president will be happy to get your call in person if you request it! It is always easy to find the truth if you look for it with intention.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I've decided to leave this review to warn people about Intercoast's Online Substance Abuse program. If you're looking into this school I'd urge you to reconsider. This is why. I took this school a couple years ago. I was drawn in by the fact it was online, and they would help me find a job after. There were also other things that were promised. Well... Let me start with saying it's a bunch of BS. They don't help you find a practicum or a job. Also I completed all the school work and graduated and the school never even gave me my certification.

Alongside that the program was down over a month. Also, I feel from my experience a middle schooler could have done this class and passed. It was horrible. The school costs $15,000 and what do I have to show for it. Absolutely nothing. This school is a scam. So I'd urge you to reconsider before taking online classes at Intercoast. Also if there's anyone out there that has gone through this school and feels the same as I do I'm trying to get people together for a lawsuit. If anyone's interested my email is **. I'd like to stop this school from scamming any more people out of their money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercoast Colleges?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

They are very attentive during the 1st 35 days which is the trial period. As soon as that's up you start not receiving the same attention from all the workers. There is favoritism played in the classroom especially with awards ceremonies. Textbooks start coming in late where you are completing one module and still waiting to receive the books about it. Materials start coming last in as-well.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I am writing this to inform anybody who wishes to become a drug and alcohol counselor. I have 10 weeks to go and I have been blessed with having excellent teachers and supporting staff at Intercoast. I feel the instructors that have educated me on the skills obtained to become an alcohol and drug counselor have given me an advantage over other colleges. I took these skills and quickly obtained an intern site. At this site I was given a lot of responsibility. Shortly after I had a caseload that had 17 clients and I was living my dream to help others. I have a short time to go in completing my education and obtaining full time employment. The genuine concern from the Principal and staff has left me feeling grateful for the choice I had in going to Intercoast Riverside. Thank you for all your support.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I've enjoyed my experience at Intercoast Colleges. I've been happy with my instructors and how they have helped me through my program. I graduated and they have been very helpful with my job search. I wouldn't change a thing regarding my education that I received from Intercoast.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I have been through both the Alcohol and Addictions Certification/Credentialing course and returned 18 months later for my Associates in Applied Sciences, Addiction. I did both online. I can tell you that I would not have returned had a not had a great experience with the first go-round. I have never had a problem getting the attention I needed with either the Administrative Staff or my Professors/Teachers. In fact, they were always quick to answer questions, either online or by phone. I even had access to texting my instructors at odd hours, if I needed to. The content (especially for AOD Certification) was on point.

I passed my exam within 3 months of my Graduating (I was lucky enough to have my internship hours completed simultaneously). That is why I returned for my Associates. Again, I was an online student: would recommend to anyone. Alas, it is pricey. But that is made up (for myself) with the ease of access and flexibility in schedule, as I worked full-time and have a family

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I attended in Portland Maine. Program was challenging and despite a lot of administrative drama I successfully completed the program and took the boards in Maine passing on my first try. I am now interested in going for my RN and no one will accept my prior learning, so I will have to start from the beginning! I'm already working as a nurse! I will need to redo all of those classes, not the mention I spent 32k for the 15 month program... Buyer beware. I was foolish... The other schools had wait lists of at least a year, some 3... So shame on me. I'm told they are in hot water with Department of Education and closed up shop in California. No advancement for me.

Intercoast Colleges Company Information