Kaplan Test Prep

Compare GRE Prep Courses

Research top GRE Prep Courses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I enrolled online and it made it a lot easier. The classes have been so helpful because their teaching style has made it easy for me to grasp the content. They slowly read each question as well as each answer choice. Proceeding to help you eliminate answers that cannot be accurate in any way. They give you a very detailed look of how the test will be. Also they recover information after the practice quizzes. Breaking down terms that are frequently missed and putting it into a more understandable context. This prep feels as if you will pass. But in fact this prep somewhat guides you to the answers so closely that it basically feels as if the answers were being told to you. I'd like it if it were more challenging and realistic. But they're amazing in every way.

I enroll and take classes in person rather than online. Online courses don't work with my learning style. I tend to become disengaged and bored with online courses. I do not retain the information presented and I find it extremely easy to blow off these classes. I am an interactive, attentive student and I am most successful in challenging classes led by engaged professors.

The breakdown of strategic planning was most beneficial to my learning style and my testing style. I found this information most useful of all the tips and techniques advocated in the test prep. However, I found the order of the study topics in the preparatory materials less intuitive than I initially expected. Of all the information and techniques included in the study materials, this was the least helpful information out of all presented in the literature.

I went in person to get information and they sat me down and helped me through it in a way I didn't expect. I took my classes in person and it was very easy. The classes were very helpful. I liked that the test questions were accurate.I knew what to expect and was prepared for it properly and adequately. But I would have like more math related prep. Math has never been my strong suit and while I did alright, my prep didn't focus on it as much as I would have liked in order to make me not as anxious as I was!

The entire enrollment process is stressful. The hardest parts of college are registering and making sure you sign up for the right things at the coinciding times. I liked the general knowledge and education sections though, which I actually think could stand be harder and deal more with pertinent knowledge and not random facts and history.

However, I did not like the selection process based of the selection of questions that made you have to fit a certain criteria for acceptance. It makes you become discouraged about 30% into taking the exam. Before the military I wasn't exposed to certain criteria that was required and certain categories I had no experience with. It made me feel singled out and not wanted because of the not knowing even though I'm a straight A student. It was actually pretty racist in my book. I looked around the room and all the ** people had the same look of confusion on their faces. We all looked at one another. I skipped over that section and came back to it. They all did the same.

I like the Kaplan's MCAT test prep because they had a lot of different questions in different subjects like math and science and history. They were very helpful in my preparation for the MCAT. The teachers were very informative and very instructional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan Test Prep?

Taking the MCAT Prep courses from Kaplan Test Prep was challenging and repetitive but very helpful. It helped me boost my grade by a lot in the long term. It required a lot of effort but it was worth it. It was cheap and I spent hours on it which yielded me a far higher test score. I was very pleased with the results of the test after using this program. It was expensive but it was simple to register. Finding which classes were right for me were also very simple because the staff are very helpful. The classes were very helpful when taking the test.

It was easy to enroll. All you had to do to was put in your personal information and the schools you went to. It showed the courses that they offered and you could choose very easily through them to pick the one that is best for you. Taking the MCAT Prep courses was very enjoyable. They knew exactly how to word everything properly and make it easy to prepare for the test. They knew exactly what to put in the site to make it easy for me to maneuver through to get things done. It was very informative and helpful. It was also easy to motivate and get into. I liked it very much.

It was a very helpful and positive experience. The Kaplan MCAT test was very clear and easy to understand. It helped me prepare for the test with questions that were to be similar to the ones on the real test. Took classes in person, the instructor was friendly and very knowledgeable.

Kaplan has the best teachers and the method they employ to teach is just amazing. I would recommend it to all my friends and family aspiring for MCAT. I took the classes online. The registration process was pretty easy and wasn't troublesome at all. I would do it again if I could.

I love my experience with them. One of my professor help me with the enrollment process but it was waiting list so my professor help me get in quicker. I'm very thankful for my professor for helping me. They are also great in preparing for my test and went the extra mile and I pass my test with 95%. I'm truly grateful for all the help. My teachers were all great. They are very patient with me. They took their time to make sure I knew it and I did. I'm so very happy that I ready for my test.

I sent my son to take ACT prep course at Kaplan. Before I bought the class, Kaplan customer service told me that with the class, we get access to my son's test results, we get to see which problems and questions were answered wrong and we get extra practice for him. All of these things were very important in order to improve his score. It looked very promising and I thought this was something that will work really good. I paid for the class and waited for access to get all the materials for him to practice. When his lessons started, I couldn't get into his account to do the extra things he needed in order to get a better score.

He took tests in class and we couldn't review them even when the teacher told him to go on line and review it there. This was part of the class requirement. So I started calling customer service and asked for help. I called at least 4 times and e-mailed twice. Nothing was done in order to give my son access to his account. Finally, on the last day when he was taking the last test, I called and I was very upset and told the customer service that this class was a waste of my time and money since I couldn't finish half of the things that this class required.

I finally got one customer service rep on phone who took care of us and gave my son access to his account. Well, this was his last day and at that point it didn't matter because the class was over and this account access was part of the class and his success. I spend $600 on this class and have no results. The company blew me off and didn't fix the problem until the last day of the course. I have e-mail from them on the last day of my son's course letting me know that I finally have access to practice what was part of the course contract and what I paid for. I wouldn't recommend Kaplan to anyone because they don't care and they don't want to make anything right. Still today, they left me without a resolution.

Kaplan offers SAT Unlimited prep course. I did sign up my daughter for this course. Please be aware of following scheme that Kaplan is pursuing on their customers. Once tuition is paid then following happens:

You register for course. In my case, it was at my daughter's high school premises. You get emails encouraging your child to register for online courses as soon as possible so she would be ready for SAT course that will take place at her high school. 4 days prior course date, you get email from Kaplan stating that course has been cancelled since they had only 3 participants enrolled, and in return you get alternative choices of courses available. Offered alternatives were not acceptable to us and I asked for refund of tuition for the part that has been cancelled by Kaplan. In return, you will get informed that since your child started online preparation tests, therefore you are not eligible for any tuition refund for the services that have been cancelled by Kaplan.

In summary, Kaplan will lure you into trap of registering online course then they will cancel course that you are registered for and if you will not accept alternative choice then you will not receive tuition refund. Please note on their website - "Money Back Guarantee". Exactly the same scheme has happened to my son who enrolled into Kaplan MCAT preparation course. We were left with no alternative, since his original course location has been cancelled; either you would accept alternate option or lose entire tuition. Person representative from Kaplan who assisted me in that matter is: Justina **.

I enrolled for nclex-rn complete, started January 16-February 7, Saturday and Sunday only and according to them including the instructor. its money back guaranty which what I understood if you don’t pass the test after completing all the requirements they either give your money back or go back for a free review. An employee named Shannon called me few times after the review asking if I took the test already and try to explain what to do if I don’t pass the test. He told me I can get my money back.

I took the test on March 17 after two weeks i got the result, I didn’t pass. According to Shannon call within 10 days after getting the result. I called the following day and let them know but Vivian is not in the office. She called me after 3 days. She said its money back guaranty for those who graduated here in United States not for international nurses. She didn’t tell me that when I enrolled or talk to her about the program. They just keep telling us in the classroom that you have to fulfill all the requirements so if you don’t pass the test you get your money back. I ask Vivian if I want to take another review if I don’t have to pay anything. She said I will have to pay 50%. Please help me; I want at least partial part of my money back. I paid $600.00 for this review. No physical damage.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kaplan was among the very first test prep companies, and was founded in 1938. It is now an umbrella organization supporting many other private education companies.

• All major kinds of study: Although their flagship test prep programs operate from their own classrooms, they also offer video tutoring online, as well as personal tutors who will come to your home.
  • Experienced: With decades of research on their side, Kaplan has worked out the kinks in its various programs and study approaches.
  • Material advantage: The list of materials students can access is extensive, including over 5,000 questions, CDs, flash cards and other supplemental study aids.
  • Official test day experience: Kaplan has made arrangements for students to take practice tests ahead of time inside the real GRE testing centers.
  • No limits: Private tutors will give you all the attention you need to improve your scores as much as possible.
  • Free classes: If you aren't sure whether the classroom experience is right for you, Kaplan allows you to take a free class at one of their state-of-the-art classrooms.
  • World wide: Kaplan has classrooms in cities all over North America, including Mexico, as well as international programs in Europe and Asia.
  • Best for Students who want the most advanced technology and experienced instructors on their side.

Compare GRE Prep Course