2.80/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

60 Kaplan Test Prep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I just purchased a 1 month Qbank yesterday and I can't access. The launch button is not even activated. I don't know what to do, I contacted Kaplan by email, Twitter and Facebook and nobody answer and my time is running!

Hi Elisenda,

I'm so sorry for the confusion - I looked into your account and noticed you set the start date for today, this is why you didn't have access yesterday. One of our agents has been in touch with you and confirmed your access, but I wanted to make sure you're still good to go!

Feel free to continue to message us on social media. For our business hours, click here: http://ow.ly/Bgjn50jGYGM

We're here for you!

-Kendra

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Paid for the in-person tutoring at the Fort Lee, NJ DoubleTree Hotel. My son's scores went down 50 points! Terrible! Their money back guarantee is a scam! No one gets their money back. Have talked to 3 other parents, they never got their money back either after their kids did much worse after Kaplan. Don’t waste your money! There should be a class action lawsuit. If anyone is considering, I’m in!

Hi Christina,

I'm sorry to hear about your son's score. Here at Kaplan, we're determined to help students succeed, as well as to ensure a positive experience.

It looks like one of our experts is already looking into this for you so that we can help.

Would you be able to send us a private message with your son's email contact so that I can make sure we're getting this resolved as quickly as possible?

I look forward to your response.

Best,

-Kendra

Get expert buying tips about GRE Prep Course delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Honestly, 0/5 stars. Really, the only good parts of this class are the somewhat realistic practice tests. Classroom instruction time falls under 2 categories: content that is rushed over or content that is stretched out for no reason. The day I'm writing this, the instructor was 10 minutes late. Then, the instructor started the class with the most offensive analogy I've ever heard. They compared Kaplan's test-taking strategies with "who's going to get treated first, a person with a gun shot wound or a baby with a stuffy nose." Incredibly offensive, especially in front of high school students, in a school.

Besides that, my son is a straight honors student, scores in the 1100+ range for the SAT. He says that everything being taught, he already knows. So, now that we're in the class, they're saying that there's no refunds (I'm happy to pay for all the classes I've attended and the material mailed to me, just want a refund for the future classes). Currently talking to customer service to see what they can do for me. While I'm trying to get my money back, I'm writing this. Very unsatisfied. SAVE YOUR MONEY, give your money to magoosh.com (a website that pretty much does the same thing with Kaplan, cheaper, and you get a free trial first).

Hello,

Although we're glad you found our practice tests to be realistic, we regret that you've had such a negative experience. Regarding classroom instruction, our goal is to provide students with an equal opportunity to benefit from In-Person instruction, no matter where they're at their academic journey.

We truly apologize for the insensitive language used during your son's class. We've addressed this situation with the instructor, and we'll be sure to follow up with you privately as well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I took the series 6 Top off Exam today and I am very disappointed. My work had sponsored me to take this exam after just passing the SIE exam. I had failed with a 62. I feel that the majority of the Kaplan material was not on the exam. What was on the exam, Kaplan's quizzes and book did not prepare me. Mostly prospectus, variable annuities, taxes, dividends, and capital gains questions. I know that material was in the book, but the exam questions I feel were mostly from the original series 6 book. I know this is a new test but I could of just studied for one quarter of the book. I have spent literally hours studying for this exam and feel I wasted my time on studying on the wrong material. Kaplan has let me down ☹️.

Hi there,

We are saddened to hear that you're unsatisfied with your Kaplan Financial resources, Nancy. Our aim is to provide students with the most up-to-date, most reliable test preparation -- and if we've missed the mark on this one, we want to make things right.

We urge you to give Kaplan Financial a call at 800-824-8742 at your earliest convenience so that our experts can walk you through your options and get you back on track.

Best,

-- Kiara

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We signed up for a test prep for our daughter 2 months ago. Class should have started this weekend. Nope. Got an email today saying that the class was canceled. Called the Kaplan call center and found out it was under-enrolled. Really? It took you until today to figure that out? Now we have to scramble to find an alternate class. From reading other reviews online this seems like a common problem with them.

Hello John,

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we want you and your family to know that are committed to making this right. We have a multitude of alternative options for students who are impacted by cancelations because we know just how crucial sticking to a test day timeline can be.

We will be reaching out to you privately to follow up on this matter, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

-- Kiara

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan Test Prep?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Zero stars... but this site forced me to click on at least one. Save your $$$. Where do I begin? My child is an honors student and excellent standardized test taker. So far I have paid $1399 for all inclusive PSAT/SAT/ACT instruction that is supposed to be available in an "unlimited" format in person and online through 12/19. He enrolled in August when we saw that the in person SAT prep classes offered 10 miles from our house on Tuesday/Thursday would work with our schedule. Otherwise we would not have signed up. The first in person class was canceled. So was the second. "Maybe" Kaplan will have enough students for one in February (SIX months after he signed up, mind you).

In the meantime, the next closest locations for in person classes right now are 40-60 minutes away from our home. I would not call that "delivering," would you? So he resorted to online, vs sitting around and doing nothing in the meantime. He sat through 8+ hours of online SAT instruction every week while keeping up with about 15-20 hours of homework. His scores went down 20 points with each practice test. Really? Obviously not effective. Basically, I could have bought the books at Barnes and Nobel and logged into some free YouTube videos and gotten the same (or probably better!) results and saved $1399, less the cost of the study guides.

Our intent for Unlimited Prep was in-person classes, with maybe some extra side work at home when he had time... NOT to have the online be the only way he is getting instruction! So then I look at when the ACT in person classes are offered, figuring he could take one of those in the meantime, since he will sit for that test before year end. When are they offered nearby? NEVER! So we have paid for an unlimited experience for three tests, and he has completed ONE online course for ONE of the tests, with decreasing practice scores. I'd say that's worth 1/6 of the bill or about $224. Another way to look at it.... he NEVER sat for an in-person class, worth $899-999 depending on when you register.

My refund range should be $899-1175. I spent about 45 minutes on hold and speaking with a rep via phone this AM who at first offered a $400 refund. Then a $700 one because "your son took an online SAT class." Huh? How about looking at the cost of the online and in person classes he did NOT take and refunding those instead? Be advised that Kaplan's "Unlimited" prep is actually extremely limited... They will not run in person courses without five paid students. I was told that one session had one paid student and 4 unpaid students registered, so they were not sure if that was going to run. How can that be, I asked. Turns out the 4 unpaid were "make goods" for students with scores who had decreased following their Kaplan course. That is what the rep on the phone told me that day. Unbelievable should be Kaplan's marketing pitch, not unlimited!

Hello,

We strive to provide our students with unmatched academic support, while also providing parents with peace of mind knowing that their child will ace their exam! We completely understand the excitement of In-Person course, and because we were not able to run your son's SAT course as originally scheduled, we are more than happy to provide you with the refund you qualify for.

We will be following up with you privately to ensure that we have explored every possible option for your son.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I signed up for Kaplan Test Prep for the LSAT. I took the course in person and online. The online experience was horrible. The teachers were very animated and talked to you like a third grader. I found it hard to concentrate and get a clear understanding due to all the animated voices. Additionally, it was hard to ask a question because you had to type your question; and by the time it’s answered (which could be by a second instructor present in the virtual classroom), the teacher has already moved on. In person-classes were the same. The instructor was too animated and moved too fast. Waste of time and money. I ended up getting a horrible grade of 134 on LSAT. I’m usually an A/B student. Now I have to pay a private tutor for a more accommodatable experience.

Hello Asia,

Our aim is to provide flexibility by offering students instruction right from the comfort of home while still providing ample support (i.e., having additional instructors present to answer any and all of your questions).

We're disheartened that you didn't achieve your target score, Asia, but you may be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us -- we would love the opportunity to make this right, and we're only a message away.

-- Kiara

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I feel like such an idiot for not having read the reviews for Kaplan until after I signed up for their MCAT course. Of course, my class ended up being canceled last minute, which has me in scrambles trying to find an alternative that would fit my schedule. They offered me to switch into their online course, which is laughable when you realize how much they charged me. To any Kaplan representative reading this, feel free to contact me to help find a solution, but don't write any of that "canceled courses are rare" BS when it's clear to anyone reading your reviews that is an all too common occurrence.

Hello Alex,

I would be more than happy to personally reach out to you so that we can find personalized prep that is perfect just for you, and get you back on track to take the MCAT.

When it comes to course cancellations, we are very transparent with students and their families about providing refunds. We want you to understand that we have options for you and our job is to support you.

We will be following up with you privately, and we look forward to your response!

-- Kiara

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

When I first purchased Kaplan I was very happy, but it got much worse from there. I signed up for my first class at a school near my house and it got canceled the next week. I was like, "No big deal," at that point so I registered for an online class and it has been okay, but my scores on my practice test continually go down. I then signed up for another session at that same school near my house and it got canceled again. At this point I called the company to figure things out and they said I can relocate to a school almost an hour from my house. That was just for SAT. I also want to take ACT and when I was on the phone with them they never told me that the closest school that has a ACT class is 57 miles away from my house.

I am extremely disappointed at this point, but it gets worse. I called the customer service to ask for a refund and they said they would call back the next day. When I asked for a refund they said they can refund the amount of credit I spent. I got the unlimited prep package for $1399, and they said they would have to take the $999 of that refund so I would only get $400 dollars back which is a scam.

Hello PJ,

We're sorry that your SAT course didn't run as scheduled, but we want to assure you this is not representative of the true Kaplan experience.

Our team does everything they can to find prep that works well with work, school, and testing deadlines because we understand how much of an investment test prep is.

Plans change - which is why our refund policy (as outlined in your enrollment agreement) is so flexible. If you have questions regarding your refund, we're only a message away!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Customer service nightmares. When they don't do what they promised (multiple different things), customer service cannot escalate your call to a Kaplan manager. They always say the manager will call you back in 24 hours, but the manager doesn't ever call back or leave a message. So far they have advertised the course I paid for, for $50 less before the course and promised but failed to refund the difference. Canceled my Monday morning in-person by email on the Saturday night before. Suggested I just watch the $450 in-person course online, since the one I paid for was canceled. Offered alternately a 3-day course 100 miles away with no consideration for my additional time and travel expenses.

Their logic-oriented test-taking strategy is worth considering on some questions if you don't know what else to do, but on many questions it could lead you to choose the wrong answer if you're consistently applying it to all the questions as they suggest, it's going to lead to wrong test answer choices and real-world mistakes in clinical judgment. The certificate of completion I was promised before and during the course is being denied. While I got a course completion letter, it does not include the specifics I was promised and is useless. On these multiple issues, customer service has apparently lied to me, or they are not all coordinated. Multiple requests to speak to a manager on the above issues.

Customer service employees state they are unable to escalate calls, and that a manager will call me back within 24 hours. I had 3 calls dropped from their end this morning. They didn't call me back, even though they had my phone number. Nobody from Kaplan has called me back or left a message to me, including the promised manager issue-escalation callbacks, even though they thoroughly verify my identity and contact information every time I've called. My experience with Kaplan: very, very bad. I passed the NCLEX-RN 3 weeks ago on my first attempt. In my opinion just nursing school generally, and in no specific order: ATI, Saunders, and UWORLD review materials helped me through the real NCLEX.

I didn't even think about the Kaplan method during the test after the first few questions, because it seemed to me, on most of the questions and answers, the Kaplan method was not leading me to what I believed were the right answers. I passed the NCLEX in about an hour and fifteen minutes and got the RN, so I must have been doing something right while not using the Kaplan method. It's just sad and awful that almost a month later, Kaplan cannot step up and provide that certificate in the form I was promised.

Really bad service when they make promises, break the promises, and then lie to customers about how managers cannot speak to customers on the phone but will call the customers back in 24 hours and never call back. That's not customer service; it's just lies. That's been my Kaplan experience. Definitely, I had no problems at all from ATI and UWORLD customer service when little issues arose they never lied to me. And the content in Saunders review book is excellent. The Kaplan book is just good for cleaning dog poo, in comparison to Saunders, in my opinion.

Hello George,

While we regret that your experience with Kaplan has been anything short of amazing, we're happy to hear that you passed the NCLEX on your first attempt.

We know just how important it is for our students to feel supported throughout their academic journey, which is why we try our best to provide unmatched customer service.

We will be following up with you very shortly regarding your experience,

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

First session (prep test) was to take place at a hotel conference room. Arrived to find out from the teacher that Kaplan had forgotten to confirm and pay for the room. I offered to pay for it so they could proceed. The teacher was nice but her manager on the phone instructed her to refuse to let me pay for it and to cancel the session instead. The teacher, who was lovely, suggested taking the test at home. I asked the teacher to have her manager call me. She texted the manager my request and contact info. The manager did not call me. I tried to give the test to my daughter at home. The online proctor was not working. There was no information about how to proctor it myself-- how much time it should take, when to give breaks, etc.

Kaplan does not have customer service on the weekend so calls were unanswered. After a brief chat with Kaplan's online chat mechanism, which revealed only that the people answering the chats do not know substantive information, the chat was disabled. I could not reach anyone and researched myself to figure out how to administer the test. By the time I figured it out it was late in the day and my daughter was tired, and I had to start dinner. Overall a mess, and a big waste of a day. Sorely disappointed in Kaplan.

Hi Rebecca,

We regret that we had to cancel the initial session of your student's course, and we are truly sorry for the technical issues you experienced thereafter.

Our hours of operation have changed recently, and we're now interacting with our students via email, social media, and live chats on Sundays! We see that you were able to get in touch with a manager and received a full refund for the inconvenience, but we are still here for you should you ever need us.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I attended the Kaplan in person and online courses. While the in person course was certainly underwhelming and did not provide any novel information or strategies, the online section was horrible, with frequent technical difficulties and very poor response time from Kaplan. I prepared to sit down and take a practice test the week before my exam, and when I did, the site was not working!! It really got me worked up and shook my exam confidence. For a company that claims to be supportive, they rarely accomplish this goal. All of this would be more tolerable if the course was not so expensive. I wish I never would have wasted my money on this sub-par method of prep.

Hello Maddie,

We take the quality of our retail books, online courses, and In-Person courses very seriously because our goal is to provide the most realistic test prep experience possible. We are on call for our students seven days a week to provide support should any technical problems arise. So if we've missed the mark on this one - we genuinely apologize.

Also, please keep in mind that we do offer a Money Back Guarantee should you find yourself unsatisfied with your test scores!

-- Kiara

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I am so disappointed with the Kaplan experience. First of all my school makes it compulsory to take the review specifically with Kaplan. In the one month strict schedule, only 2 professors were helpful (physio and micro). The rest, just stood up from 8-5pm to read over things in a Powerpoint, you couldn't keep up with because the Kaplan books are badly organized. For example physio book has the graphs of mitral regurgitation in one page but the other half of that same page is describing mitral stenosis. The Qbank is the worst. You do exams to test on your improvement but can't go over the wrong ones because the site goes crazy on a daily basis and doesn't let you. How is there space for improvement like this? Don't get how a high priced review could end up being a headache. I would definitely not recommend Kaplan, it's a waste of TIME and money.

Natalia,

We're saddened to hear that you are unsatisfied with your Kaplan experience thus far, and we genuinely apologize, but we are here to help.

Are you still having trouble with your Qbank, or reviewing your practice exams? We know that you've invested a great deal of effort and money into your preparation and we want to make sure that we deliver.

Please give us a call at 1-800-527-8378 at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Kaplan wasted my time and my money. I organized my entire school class schedule, travel plans, and test plans around their in person class on my college campus. They cancelled it TWO DAYS BEFORE THE CLASS WAS SUPPOSED TO START. They told me to reschedule my class or try their online class. Why would I pay $1500 for a ** online class when I can pay $300 at Magoosh? They were rude, condescending, and basically did nothing to help me in this situation. I don't think they fully comprehend that these are people's FUTURES. As a COMPANY you owe it to your customers to fulfill your commitments and promises for your EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE services. Please I BEG OF YOU. Save yourself the time, money, and stress of using this absolutely useless service. Use ANY OTHER SERVICE.

Hello Divyya,

We want to apologize sincerely, and again we hope that you will give us the chance to make this right. Course cancellations are rare, and we want to assure you that this is not representative of the Kaplan experience by any means.

We reached out to you a few days ago in hopes that you would allow us to be part of your GMAT journey still -- because we really are committed to your academic success. Please give us a call at (1-800-527-8378) at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I wanted to take the LSAT prep course, but have been out of college for three years (which is pretty normal for LSAT students). I couldn't find info about tuition assistance, which I will need. I support myself and make very little money so the $1399 tuition is not something that I can do. I received a fee waiver for the test so I figured I could find an in-person class that would help me with tuition. The person on the phone was extremely rude. He told me the tuition assistance was for undergraduate students only, and that I shouldn't even be taking the course if I wasn't in school. His tone was extremely rude, so I asked to speak to his manager and he hung up. Needless to say I will be going elsewhere for my test prep.

Hi Sarah,

We understand that test prep can be costly, especially when you're handling things on your own. We have been actively working to see what we can do for you, and we ask that you please keep an eye out on your direct messages!

Your academic success is our priority, no matter where you are in your educational journey. Again, we truly apologize for your experience thus far, but we look forward to getting you back on track.

-- Kiara

Original review: July 19, 2018

Wow. The money is gone from my bank account, the class has started, we have an email of enrollment confirmation (and lots of other emails) and yet we don't have class materials because Kaplan can't confirm my son is a student and the instructor doesn't have him on the roster. Hours and hours on phone with customer and technical support today trying to download an eBook for him to use. Finally successful, but after being repeatedly promised we could print the materials for the next class, we find out that actually we can't. Because???

Calling feels like a big bureaucracy where you have to start your story over every time. And no one can do something so simple as mail a book because even though they can confirm he's a student, we have an enrollment ID, and we have paid the $$, they need some sort of additional confirmation that can only happen on their end. (Of course we were told that overnighting materials was impossible under any circumstance.) The class may be fine in the end, my son likes the instructor (who was kind enough to let him stay) but I can't recommend this experience to anyone. Oh, and one other warning... in person classes often don't have a large enough enrollment and may cancel at the last minute. (They don't mention that when you enroll.)

If you do decide to enroll, be sure to track the overall enrollment and have a backup plan. They will tell you the number of people enrolled. I think they want at least 6 to run a class. (All that said, people were not actually rude to me on the phone -- just not at all helpful. I did find one star among all of the calls, who actually took the time to 1. help out; 2. acknowledge that it was a horrible situation and it was not our fault and explain what was happening. In the end, we're stuck in the same situation though.

Hello Karee,

We want to apologize for all that you and your son have experienced thus far, and we want to assure you that this is not representative of what being enrolled in a Kaplan course is like by any means.

Test preparation is a huge investment, so we completely understand your frustration regarding your son's online resources, physical books, and the roster. We want to make this right and will be reaching out to you privately to ensure that we get your son back on track.

-- Kiara

Original review: April 5, 2018

In February 2018 I signed my daughter for an in person class starting April 10th to prepare for the May 5th test. On April 2nd, a week before the class is to begin; they CANCELLED her class and recommended a class in another state an hour away. We had chosen the timing and location to accommodate her scheduled swim team training and there was no option that would work so we had to ask for a refund. When we asked for a refund Kaplan SAT would not give a FULL refund. They said the contract stipulated the $25 shipping fee was non-refundable. I was amazed they mentioned a contract since THEY broke the contract by canceling the class.

Then when they sent my cancellation/refund e-mail I compared my credit card statement only to find the amount was another $35 short. I had chosen the payment plan and they again said the $35 fee was non-refundable. So to be clear I paid upfront $493 (2 of the 3 payments) and only got back $433 for a class THEY CANCELLED. KAPLAN SAT is a fraud that offers classes that THEY end up cancelling and keep your money. DO NOT USE KAPLAN SAT PREP.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Kaplan has not worked with us to correct the issue with the "In Person" classes we signed up for. The teacher was inexperienced and could not control the classroom. It was a major distraction and she also kept leaving the room. We were informed to drop the class with the understanding that a new class would be available.

Although we have a recording of Kaplan's promise, they did not replace the course and my daughter was informed she could only take the online courses during the month of November. Her SAT test was cancelled and she had to spend over 25 hours taking the coursework while meeting school work assignments, homework etc. and daily practice/competition (varsity sports). She took the SAT test in Dec. and was not able to improve her score - as promised by Kaplan. She will be signing up for "In Person" training with a different company. Kaplan has not offered any credit and blames my daughter for not completing the necessary coursework. This is not the way to treat customers!!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I chose to write a review for Kaplan Test Prep because of my excellent customer service experience. Kaplan Test Prep has shown over several years of studying in my basic sciences and now studying for USMLE board exams that they are committed to my success. I appreciate a well communicative customer service team and commitment to a excellent service to their students. I especially had a great experience with Christopher, a member of the customer service team who assisted me with accessing my board prep Qbank. The Kaplan sources are essential to maximizing board preparation sources, Kaplan knows this but are also very conscious of providing an excellent customer service experience.

Medical students are often taken advantage of because businesses know the product they have is essential to the student’s success. I appreciate more than anything Kaplan's recognition and continuous efforts to treat me as a valued customer. Thank you for supporting me and my career as a future physician! I will continue to use Kaplan Test Prep for my future board exams and any other endeavors I may need a reliable study tool.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I bought an unlimited SAT & ACT prep for my son. They canceled every ACT live prep courses that we registered, which really makes me wonder if this was a good invest. Yes, he was able to take 2 online prep courses, but it was same teacher, so he didn't really learn anything during the second course. It seems like there are 3 instructors teaching online courses. I really want my son to take a live-course, so he could have interaction with an instructor and other students. They always canceling courses a few days before the first class. I received the confirmation emails then get a phone call that it was canceled. It really makes me frustrated. I scheduled my son to take ACT test next month, and now I have to see if I can register another online course for him. I will not recommend the unlimited course to others.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The Qbank and practice tests don't even tell you if you would have passed or failed, so you have no idea how well you're doing and nothing to base your progress on. If you have any questions or need support, you won't get it unless you're enrolled in the full course. This is the exact email I got from their support team: "We are sorry but Expert is only the academic support for students who have purchased the NCLEX Review Course. We do not provide academic support for the products you purchased." I had one simple question. They seriously don't give a damn.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I have used all USMLE Qbank with this company. Therefore as a returning customer, I am very disappointed by the way they deal with customer request and concern. You can see that they are only out there to make money and nothing else. Customer satisfaction is the least of their worries or concerns. Very arrogant agent on the phone... Watch out for your credit card for you might get charged twice or more and if you don't catch it yourself, you will end up paying twice for the product you are buying. Be aware... Use UWorld, it is better anyway.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

LSAT Prep: Do NOT be suckered into this course. The course did not prepare me for the test and in fact I did better on the diagnostic test, without having any instruction from Kaplan, than I did own the test. The logic and reasoning preparation in the Kaplan materials were almost nothing like the actual test. I did well on the Kaplan practice tests, but nothing taught by Kaplan materials was like the actual test. They gave no tips, advice, or materials that helped prepare for the reading comprehension section that I couldn't have found looking at a few sites online. Kaplan is a huge waste of money - - the program essentially steals more nearly $1200 plus hours of your time for NOTHING.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I signed my son up for an in-person ACT prep class 6 months ago. As of today, it has been cancelled a total of 4 times at the last minute and they have offered to replace it with a live-online version. At nearly $700, I don't want an online version. Now it's too late. I have no doubt after reading other reviews that this is a scheme they run regularly. Find another company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Unfortunately, I think that Kaplan is the master of bait and switch. Signed up for a live class well in advance, Kaplan cancelled with six days' notice. Offers an online only class for the exact times and price. Less overhead for them and they have you because they cancel on such short notice you can’t find another class with another company right away. Run from Kaplan SAT prep!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I enrolled my son in the unlimited SAT/ACT class offering. They have cancelled every in person course he was enrolled in. They refuse to offer even a partial refund and are rude when I call them to complain. I strongly advise parents to select a different provider and under no conditions purchase the unlimited option if you want to provide a in person experience or proctored practice test.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We enrolled our son for ACT unlimited prep program, however Kaplan canceled all in person classes in our area. We asked for the portion of tuition refund because they were not offering any ACT classes in future as well. We tried to enroll him in their online ACT classes, but it required additional charges on top of what we had paid. In conclusion, we received 2 set of practice books for $1249. Their refund policy is not stated anywhere on their website, and nothing about cancellations.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I first went online and checked out several online universities. I looked at the courses offered, what assistance was offered and cost. Picked the college, signed up online and went on gov grant site to qualify for a grant for the college. Kaplan Test Prep was easy to use, very simple to find the information needed for particular studies, and they also have many resources to use outside their website for help in my studies. But if they tied in more of other websites that offered similar assistance it would broaden my ability to find any and all resources needed and allow more cross references to confirm the answers I'm looking for.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Kaplan Medcap prep sessions prepared me very well for the medical Medcap test. This particular prep session materials were highly recommended and I'm glad I listened to my peers in using this one. I loved the prep materials Kaplan's Medcap provided in this version. The prep questions in this were very relevant to what is on the test. The same terminology was used in both the prep and the test. This was very easy to register. Although the classes are few and far between in my demographic area.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I liked preparing for this entrance test as it helped me a great deal in scoring well on the subsequent exam so I would definitely encourage anyone to pursue taking a practice exam before actually taking your college exams as it does prepare you and ultimately you will do better with preparation. I enrolled both online and in person for my classes for my college tenure as a student and I probably enjoyed the classes I enrolled in person more because I was able to put a physical location like a classroom and the instructor with the class I was taking so that made it more real for me. I did not like the amount of time required to study for college exams as there are different sections of math and reading which can be grouped into subsets of comprehension and punctuation and overall reading ability and word knowledge which do not actually measure one's true IQ overall and it is deceptive in that way.

Kaplan Test Prep expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kaplan was among the very first test prep companies, and was founded in 1938. It is now an umbrella organization supporting many other private education companies.

• All major kinds of study: Although their flagship test prep programs operate from their own classrooms, they also offer video tutoring online, as well as personal tutors who will come to your home.

• Experienced: With decades of research on their side, Kaplan has worked out the kinks in its various programs and study approaches.

• Material advantage: The list of materials students can access is extensive, including over 5,000 questions, CDs, flash cards and other supplemental study aids.

• Official test day experience: Kaplan has made arrangements for students to take practice tests ahead of time inside the real GRE testing centers.

• No limits: Private tutors will give you all the attention you need to improve your scores as much as possible.

• Free classes: If you aren't sure whether the classroom experience is right for you, Kaplan allows you to take a free class at one of their state-of-the-art classrooms.

• World wide: Kaplan has classrooms in cities all over North America, including Mexico, as well as international programs in Europe and Asia.

• Best for: Students who want the most advanced technology and experienced instructors on their side.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs