3.45/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 23, 2017

39 Kaplan Test Prep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: April 28, 2017

I like the Kaplan's MCAT test prep because they had a lot of different questions in different subjects like math and science and history. They were very helpful in my preparation for the MCAT. The teachers were very informative and very instructional.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Taking the MCAT Prep courses from Kaplan Test Prep was challenging and repetitive but very helpful. It helped me boost my grade by a lot in the long term. It required a lot of effort but it was worth it. It was cheap and I spent hours on it which yielded me a far higher test score. I was very pleased with the results of the test after using this program. It was expensive but it was simple to register. Finding which classes were right for me were also very simple because the staff are very helpful. The classes were very helpful when taking the test.

Original review: April 26, 2017

It was easy to enroll. All you had to do to was put in your personal information and the schools you went to. It showed the courses that they offered and you could choose very easily through them to pick the one that is best for you. Taking the MCAT Prep courses was very enjoyable. They knew exactly how to word everything properly and make it easy to prepare for the test. They knew exactly what to put in the site to make it easy for me to maneuver through to get things done. It was very informative and helpful. It was also easy to motivate and get into. I liked it very much.

Original review: April 25, 2017

It was a very helpful and positive experience. The Kaplan MCAT test was very clear and easy to understand. It helped me prepare for the test with questions that were to be similar to the ones on the real test. Took classes in person, the instructor was friendly and very knowledgeable.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Kaplan has the best teachers and the method they employ to teach is just amazing. I would recommend it to all my friends and family aspiring for MCAT. I took the classes online. The registration process was pretty easy and wasn't troublesome at all. I would do it again if I could.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan Test Prep?

Original review: April 22, 2017

I love my experience with them. One of my professor help me with the enrollment process but it was waiting list so my professor help me get in quicker. I'm very thankful for my professor for helping me. They are also great in preparing for my test and went the extra mile and I pass my test with 95%. I'm truly grateful for all the help. My teachers were all great. They are very patient with me. They took their time to make sure I knew it and I did. I'm so very happy that I ready for my test.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2014

I sent my son to take ACT prep course at Kaplan. Before I bought the class, Kaplan customer service told me that with the class, we get access to my son's test results, we get to see which problems and questions were answered wrong and we get extra practice for him. All of these things were very important in order to improve his score. It looked very promising and I thought this was something that will work really good. I paid for the class and waited for access to get all the materials for him to practice. When his lessons started, I couldn't get into his account to do the extra things he needed in order to get a better score.

He took tests in class and we couldn't review them even when the teacher told him to go on line and review it there. This was part of the class requirement. So I started calling customer service and asked for help. I called at least 4 times and e-mailed twice. Nothing was done in order to give my son access to his account. Finally, on the last day when he was taking the last test, I called and I was very upset and told the customer service that this class was a waste of my time and money since I couldn't finish half of the things that this class required.

I finally got one customer service rep on phone who took care of us and gave my son access to his account. Well, this was his last day and at that point it didn't matter because the class was over and this account access was part of the class and his success. I spend $600 on this class and have no results. The company blew me off and didn't fix the problem until the last day of the course. I have e-mail from them on the last day of my son's course letting me know that I finally have access to practice what was part of the course contract and what I paid for. I wouldn't recommend Kaplan to anyone because they don't care and they don't want to make anything right. Still today, they left me without a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2013

Kaplan offers SAT Unlimited prep course. I did sign up my daughter for this course. Please be aware of following scheme that Kaplan is pursuing on their customers. Once tuition is paid then following happens:

You register for course. In my case, it was at my daughter's high school premises. You get emails encouraging your child to register for online courses as soon as possible so she would be ready for SAT course that will take place at her high school. 4 days prior course date, you get email from Kaplan stating that course has been cancelled since they had only 3 participants enrolled, and in return you get alternative choices of courses available. Offered alternatives were not acceptable to us and I asked for refund of tuition for the part that has been cancelled by Kaplan. In return, you will get informed that since your child started online preparation tests, therefore you are not eligible for any tuition refund for the services that have been cancelled by Kaplan.

In summary, Kaplan will lure you into trap of registering online course then they will cancel course that you are registered for and if you will not accept alternative choice then you will not receive tuition refund. Please note on their website - "Money Back Guarantee". Exactly the same scheme has happened to my son who enrolled into Kaplan MCAT preparation course. We were left with no alternative, since his original course location has been cancelled; either you would accept alternate option or lose entire tuition. Person representative from Kaplan who assisted me in that matter is: Justina **.

Original review: June 25, 2010

I enrolled for nclex-rn complete, started January 16-February 7, Saturday and Sunday only and according to them including the instructor. its money back guaranty which what I understood if you don’t pass the test after completing all the requirements they either give your money back or go back for a free review. An employee named Shannon called me few times after the review asking if I took the test already and try to explain what to do if I don’t pass the test. He told me I can get my money back.

I took the test on March 17 after two weeks i got the result, I didn’t pass. According to Shannon call within 10 days after getting the result. I called the following day and let them know but Vivian is not in the office. She called me after 3 days. She said its money back guaranty for those who graduated here in United States not for international nurses. She didn’t tell me that when I enrolled or talk to her about the program. They just keep telling us in the classroom that you have to fulfill all the requirements so if you don’t pass the test you get your money back. I ask Vivian if I want to take another review if I don’t have to pay anything. She said I will have to pay 50%. Please help me; I want at least partial part of my money back. I paid $600.00 for this review. No physical damage.

Kaplan Test Prep Company Information