2. Education
  3. Online High Schools

1.9/5 (45 ratings)

About James Madison High School

James Madison High School Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about James Madison High School?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about James Madison High School?

Original review: June 15, 2021

I don't know why they are saying this school is a scam. It is not. It is nationally and regionally accredited. You can go to any college and go into the military. I had government jobs the military accepted my diploma.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I’m reading all these negative reviews and I’m going crazy I can’t believe!!! This school is amazing and the teachers too. I never had problems with the program, teachers, textbooks delivery etc... And it’s also accredited!!! I am from NYC and a lots of college accept JMDHS. Anybody can Go and check on Google, what college accept this Diploma. It’s easy. If you wanna work for the Government you have to go and take your GED (Tasc) only if you wanna enroll US Army they accept online HSD. Not other jobs for Government. Or call your state.

Get buying tips about Online High Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have had an absolute amazing experience with JMHS. Let me set the record straight for all those who have left negative reviews. First off it is FULLY ACCREDITED and second the TEXTBOOKS are ONLINE so you don't need to wait to begin learning. I see so many reviews of people saying they aren't accredited and haven't gotten textbooks yet. Those people obviously need school if they aren't smart enough to figure that out on their own and third the staff at JMHS are absolutely the best. They are very caring and just want you to succeed. I've never had anyone from the school be rude to me. In fact I wish I could have done school this way a long time ago because if I had I would have graduated before now. Don't listen to these people giving bad reviews. They are just mad because things didn't go their way. Have a blessed day.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My daughter has had nothing but problems with this school. She enrolled for 12th grade hoping to finish school by December 2020. Her transcript from her other school have been emailed twice and physically mailed twice since September 2020. I called five times and got a different excuse as to why they had not been received. Finally on my sixth call I was told they were received December 13 and would be scanned in by the end the week. Two weeks later they still aren't scanned in. I was told by customer service she would check on it and call back.

The next day I received a messaging saying the transcripts were ripped and they had to request them AGAIN. I called AGAIN and asked if they had been requested again as soon as they realized they were ripped and told no, they just requested them when I called. This is absolutely unacceptable. I paid $1000 up front and I am being told I will only be receiving $474.25 refund. She has only been able to take one class since September. They have the transcripts that were emailed. They don't want to put them in the student portal because I am to receive a $500 credit when they do. DO NOT ENROLL IN THIS SCHOOL. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

No one answering the phones. No one answers an email. No one calls you back. Paid for my daughter to attend for two years, now we for months cannot get her official transcript sent to the junior college of her choice. Thousands of dollars and years later.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I finished the schooling, paid off the tuition and everything needed for the diploma. It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't received the diploma and customer service doesn't help. They say allow more time. I've called them countless times to fix this. One point I was in graduation status, but a day after they took me off and said I just completed the courses.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I'm so frustrated with JMHS. They make you pay right away while giving very little info. My son sent his transcripts and then it took over a month for JMHS to review them. Once done, they are telling us my son needs to take way more classes than necessary. He started with JMSH in October, right after starting his senior year in a local school. His GPA was a little over 3.5 but JMHS isn't giving him the correct transfer credits and says there is no way they can make any changes. Their customer support is snippy and not helpful at all. What a joke! Do NOT attend this school.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I didn't have my daughter enrolled in the correct program (basic or college preparatory). I was pleased to be able to talk to someone without waiting a long time on the phone. That said, the very first course is not linking up, and it's been like that for over 24 hours. I submitted a ticket and we also emailed her student advocate. We're still waiting for answers or help to get this link to work. We have 5 days to choose to cancel. For that reason, if they don't get this finished by tomorrow then I'm cancelling and considering other options.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Honestly I do not understand why people keep saying this diploma is not accredited. It is. Do your own research. I attend University of Phoenix and could have went to University of Memphis. It is accredited by the Department of Education. I had the best experience. Classes are hard and it is expensive but it's worth every penny.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I attended this school and to come on here and find out they aren’t even accredited is frustrating. I have not tried applying anywhere. Now I won’t even dare. I paid 1200 for this paper with no value. Go to school folks and get your GED. Study study and go get it the legitimate way.

James Madison High School author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

James Madison High School is a self-paced school that provides full academic support — including teacher support, a blog and a question and answer forum. James Madison is an accredited school and has graduated tens of thousands of students.

• Flexible payment options: Students can take single courses for a low fee or use the monthly payment option, which is interest and finance charge free.

• Accreditation: James Madison is a nationally and regionally accredited online high school. National accreditation comes from the Distance Education Accrediting Commission and regional accreditation is granted by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).

• Year-round enrollment: Classes do not have a definitive start and end date and are truly self-paced. Students do not have to adhere to a school schedule.

• Transfer credits: Students can save on tuition by transferring qualifying credits from other high schools.

• Academic support: James Madison offers academic support through the use of tutors, peer support and online support courses. In addition, teachers are available for questions through the Ask Your Teacher forum that is part of each course.

James Madison High School Company Information