2. Education
  3. Online High Schools

4.7/5 (132 ratings)

About Epic Charter Schools

Oklahoma Residents Only. Epic Charter Schools is a free, public, online charter school for grades Pre-K through 12th. We are fully accredited and our teachers are all certified by the state of Oklahoma. Our teachers will work hand-in-hand with the parents in order to develop a customized learning plan for the student. Epic offers a variety of programs, such as, One on One, and, Epic Blended Learning Center. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our programs!

Epic Charter Schools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epic Charter Schools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epic Charter Schools?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We were going to the ACE Academy and Epic Charter Schools was recommended to me by one of my cousins. The enrollment process was all right and part of it was done online. We're not very computer savvy, so they helped us get it on through. My daughter took basically what she had to have for her credits and I had the best interaction with her teacher. Epic's quality of education was very good and there was less paperwork. With the other online school, I was trying to keep up with all the books and stuff and keeping them. I also had to write down, keep up with the grades and all that stuff daily. But with Epic, those things were already and done for me. Epic made it simpler and took a lot of pressure off me. Epic made my life simpler too.

My daughter is no longer in Epic, however. She is back in high school and it was her choice that she decided to do it differently. She wanted to go so she could play sports and stuff, so we're trying this out. As for me though, I would have preferred her to stick with it. Besides, we're not really sure that w'ere going to stick with this because of the situations that have been occurring in schools. Still, Epic is a great deal.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My stepson did Epic so we became familiar with them, and we're repeat customers. During the teachers' strike, my teenage son convinced me to let him try Epic.

We spoke with Greg from Epic and found out what we needed to do. The enrollment was quick and easy. We personally know a couple of the Epic instructors. We go to church with the instructor that my son had so we were able to communicate with him any time.

My son was in the high school program and has since graduated early. He's now enlisted in the military and is going to basic training the 1st of the year. Epic was better actually public school because whenever he had to take his initial test, it was found out that he was behind in biology because of the way that the teacher was teaching the curriculum. But he was able to catch up and had graduated early. My son actually excelled there. We would recommend Epic.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I was home schooling before and I didn’t like having as many books around. I felt like online learning is the future and I've met a couple of people who were already doing it. They recommended Epic. So I looked over some of the K-12 stuff and Epic had more online. However, I like the other method of books because I have a little more control over them not like when doing it online, I don’t have control if something goes wrong.

But I do like that Epic covers a lot more videos integrated on the history inside which is really helpful to children, especially in those areas. And I like how you can do the answers online. But there's not enough teaching on the Math part. I went on it and I was doing the game that he had to do. It took two players to do the perimeter game but their instructions weren’t thorough enough. I couldn’t figure out how to play the game even though I knew how to find the perimeter. And so, it took us 30 minutes to get through it just to move on to the next step.

I also have ran into some inaccuracies which I don’t like that because the children are learning things wrong or they’re stuck, and then they couldn’t help it. For example, my son had a question and wanted to know the year of something. The video said 1907. 1906 was an option but there was no 1907. So, we chose 1906 and it said correct even though it wasn’t. So, there are things that needs tweaking.

Nevertheless, the teacher and the principal have always been good. Summer, our teacher, listens very well to what I have to say, tries to make it a win-win for everybody, and works with us. She keeps us up to date in the best that she could like emailing every week and telling us where everyone is. And if I have questions, I can always call her and she usually gets back to me quickly. I would recommend Epic. It’s a good program to enroll because you know what you’re getting into and if it’s the right fit for you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I didn’t like the public school system that my child was in. I didn't like the way that the students were treated or the way that things were dealt with in that facility. We tried K12 but they were so rigid with the times and they scheduled times when you had to be in class. And at that time, I worked outside of the home and that didn’t work for me because I wasn’t gonna be there for my kids when they had to be online. So, I decided to go with Epic because they give you a true homeschool experience where you do things at your own pace. Their enrollment process was done online and wasn't hard at all.

My child is currently enrolled with Compass and Greg, her teacher, has been amazing and extremely helpful. Any time you need help, he’s right there. And if you ask him something and he doesn’t know the answer, he will find out and get back to you within minutes. Also, the quality of education that Epic offers is great. We've been with them for more than five years now and I’m happy with them. I recommend them all the time.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My child didn't like the public school and he wanted to do online school. He re-enrolled at Epic and they succeeded on it. I also agree with the education that they provide there and it was good. The staff at Epic has always helped me really well and the enrollment process was easy. Epic provides a great opportunity for kids to graduate instead of going to school when teachers don't really help them out in school. I'd recommend Epic to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The public school where we are at is terrible. It's one of the lowest in the country, and my son wasn't learning anything. The class sizes are very large, and the kids are out of control. I looked at online schooling and I liked Epic's curriculum better than the others. I liked that I had access to a teacher anytime I needed one, and I liked that my son could get a hold of a real person for instructions instead of having to do it online.

My son had the same teachers since we started. This is our third year, and we love her teacher. My son was 13 when we started. Now, he's 16. So, it's kind of a weird spot with kids, and she's been very good at figuring out what will work for him at the time, and it's worked. At the public school, my son wasn't in any kind of a problem. He realized the other kids in the class weren't, so he quietly sat back in the back of the room and did whatever he wanted, except for schoolwork. And his teacher at Epic has managed to get to know him well enough to make learning interesting, so that he wants to do it. My son's in tenth grade and he's been in everything. He's doing SAT prep mainly, but he's also doing Geometry. The quality of education that Epic offers is absolutely wonderful. It's a wonderful program, and I'd suggest it to every one that would listen.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

With a lot of bad stuff going on in schools, I decided to enroll my son to an online school. So now, he is in seventh grade with Epic, and he’s taking Math, English and Social Studies. I feel like he's getting good quality education through Epic and he’s having a better time now than when he was in public school. He can also concentrate on his work as opposed to worrying about things going on with other students. And though there were a lot of questions online when I got him enrolled, my experience with the Epic staff has been really good. Plus, my son’s teacher has been great. She's been his teacher for the last couple of years, and she keeps in contact with me. She knows that I work a lot, so I don’t even get to attend some of the meetings that they go to, and she keeps me thoroughly informed. She lets me know if my son is lacking in an area and she even calls and lets me know when he is doing well. She really wants to see him succeed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My daughter was in an extracurricular activity and some of the kids there were homeschooled. They went through Epic, and they talked about how they liked it. The enrollment process was easy but Epic was a little hard to get ahold of at first. But as soon as I got ahold of them, they sent a teacher out. He helped me all through it. We've been with Epic for four years now and my daughter has the same teacher all throughout. His name is Greg, and he is very good and thorough. Any time my daughter needs help, he's always there.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We really like Epic. We got our daughter enrolled there as we were having concerns about her peer group and a specific teacher from her school. She was coming home emotional almost every day. I have a family member who felt that they were having the same problems from the same school. And they were in Epic. I was also talking to other people, who thought that we should go to Epic, and so they advised and we gave it a try. We were told about a teacher named Ms. Sam and so I reached out to her. We did our face-to-face with them, and she told me all about the school. And I liked her, but I was picky kind of parent, and my daughter was in California. So, I needed to wait till she came back so she can meet with the teacher to see if she liked her.

When my daughter came back from California, we did a face-to-face, and she said that she wanted to give it a chance. She liked Sam too. So we gave it a try and since then, it’s been good. Enrolment wasn’t as cumbersome as I thought where we have to go and stand in line. We just brought everything to Sam and then faxed stuff over. Meeting Sam was a blessing. She is really understanding and encouraging. My daughter wants to graduate early, 16 and a half, and I don’t have to make her do her work like a regular brick-and-mortar school. The rule is to wake up, latest is 9:30, get dressed like in a school, and then log on. And she likes it. She just gets up, does what she needs to, and her grades are really good, she’s got A’s and B’s. So, I was like, “It’s just where’s Epic all this time?” School comes easy to her, so it’s not like she has to make an effort because she was in a gifted program.

I like the flexibility as well as the quality of education offered through Epic. They have a good curriculum and my daughter likes the way the spreadsheet is. The program works for her, and it seemed like things are happening. She can actually go through and work on things. We’re looking for more science hands-on activities though. Her passion is science, and those classes are the opportunities that I don’t want her to miss out on. She also wants to be able to enjoy other activities, specifically to go to prom. And I’d really like it for the kids to have more sociable interaction.

We have opportunities outside but I think my daughter was just looking to connect with individuals that are going to Epic. I think she would have a perfect world if she was able to get some students from Epic and then just hang out. Other than that, we're happy with Epic. I’d recommend it. And I would recommend Sam for everybody. My daughter also raves about the tutor, Daniel. She really loved him.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My daughter is very academic but socially, she wasn’t enjoying school. So online schooling is a perfect experience for her. Epic Charter Schools gets my daughter right into the academics instead of having to worry about the intimidating things in high school that were troubling her socially. I’ve met with the teacher, Sarah, and she’s amazing. She comes in person when you first meet her, and she’s very helpful and thorough. We met with her at our house and she hooked us through all the enrollment online. She is also very accessible and adaptable to work with my daughter if she has any challenges in a certain class. So it’s a great program and I’m very grateful for it. My daughter's experience has been fantastic. It's unbelievable. The quality of education is great too. This is my daughter's second year and we've had nothing but great results all along the way. She's making really good grades.

Epic Charter Schools Company Information