3.88/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

16 Capella University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

The online program works well and I like how easy it is to get things done when I want to do them. I can do the online classes work on my schedule and I can get a degree in my area that I can use for a future job. My overall experience with the online program and the courses I have taken have been great. The online program has helped me achieve my goals of having a degree to be proud of.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Capella University is affordable, convenient and flexible. Enables you to balance work, life, family, and school and still be considered full time. Your experience counts with around the clock access to our librarians, writing consultants, and tech support. However, students need to be priority one. Need to provide quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. The university needs to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality. Tuition and costs must be always transparent with no hidden charges. Overall Capella University is valuable, practical, innovative and it still works well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 28, 2018

The staff are friendly and care about students success in college. The courses have detailed content relevant to the field of study, and I feel that my knowledge obtained from the program will be valuable for the rest of my life. Sometimes though the financial aid and related departments were quite the hassle. More often than not I would fail to receive any sort of financial aid, forcing me to take out loans and eventually go into debt. Still, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at this university. I have learned many things about criminal justice, and now I have a degree that I believe will help me in my pursuit of accomplishing my lifelong goal of taking down criminals and making my war-torn community a safer place, free from gang and drug violence.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The ease of use would be the utmost best feature because I don't want to go through too much hassle just to go to school online and I really don't have the time for that with my two kids going to school also. But the price could be a little lower each semester and I almost left because of that. Every employer does not respect online degrees and for that reason Capella University should not cost nearly as much as regular college. The overall experience with Capella University was ok but I think there should be more resources offered to help students to graduate in any major. They could add multiple links for students can go to for guidance throughout the schooling and beyond.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I loved all of Capella University. They offer so many great programs that you will always know you are getting great work for a great low price. I enjoyed the flexible class work and hours. They offer so many great courses that I know so many great people would enjoy using on a everyday basis. But I do wish they would offer more flexible start dates, so prospective students will have more options when it comes to their education. Otherwise my overall experience with Capella University has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capella University?

Original review: April 24, 2018

Capella University's program is user-friendly and you can study at your own pace. I am very satisfied with the way it is personalized. It is convenient to use and is fairly easy for everyone to understand. I would like to receive discount for excellent performance or high grade in a class. My experience with Capella University is rather positive. The program is modern and I am very happy with the way the class is designed.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I like that their program has ways to help with funding my education and that the school consists of many different backgrounds of people and different ages which makes me feel good and also makes me feel like it's a place I can fit in. Also, the program was easier to transition into than I thought it would be. I was able to work around my schedule and still succeed and carry on with my daily need to dos like taking the kids to school and after school activities. The program, however, could include more hands on help when needed.

Original review: April 22, 2018

This is the best online program for anyone who is interested in working and going to school and for online learning. The knowledge and the curriculum is tailored for the individual person. It is knowledge based curriculum and the best offerings for the curriculum. I like the ease of use and the staff are excellent and always available for each individual learner.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I can take course when I have free time and I do not feel like I'm rushed and it's not time consuming to take get a great education AND HAS ADVANCED MY CAREER COMPLETE AND I'M GLAD I CHOSE THEM. The course provide everything I need with nothing bad and easy to perform what needs to be done. It's been a really great experience with them and if I had to try again I would choose them to deal with them again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

It's an online university which makes getting my degree easier for me since I work full time and I am able to take my courses at my convenience and the costs are reasonable. I was a little apprehensive about joining an online school but it seems to be no different than a brick and mortar college. This school enables me to continue my education as a family man raising children. While I'm very satisfied with it, I would like to see more courses added to complement existing courses. Other than that it's a good online school that is best suited for people like myself.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had some interesting classes and I like that for the most part I could do it when it's convenient for me. I like the flexible scheduling and I don't have to keep up with the class if I have a difficult subject that I'm working on. But it's easy to fall behind if you don't schedule your time correctly. Also, I would have liked having a physical teacher there when I needed it. I would like more face to face time with the instructors if I have a complicated question. Sometimes it's easier for me to learn if I'm talking to somebody face to face.

Original review: April 16, 2018

They have easy grading and courses and the professors are very flexible. The workload is a lot to handle for busy people but they have great lessons and nothing is too difficult. Capella is very good. I loved it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Capella University offers relevant courses and qualified professors, as well as greater freedom and flexibility by providing a 100% curriculum and 24 hour access to courses. Few of the costs like books, supplies and other fees can add up but Capella University also helps to reduce my costs helping it make my education more affordable. My overall experience had been mostly positive and has met my expectation for what an online school can offer and how it can prepare you for the real world.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My experience has been totally positive. The site itself is easy to use and helpful. It is self explanatory, but if you do need help, people are helpful, fast, very alert and responsive about it. They always have good advice. However I would like them to make the site a little faster, or put an online chat on for people to chat and get help.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I like the online training and mentoring programs along with learning program tools and digital books to help me study and learn at my own pace while still completing homework on time most of the time. I've done one on one training over the website with mentors and even students while chatting over Skype and Whatsapp that really help me complete work and class projects. However, the layout the website can be a little confusing and there are cluttered drop downs. As well as having limited amount of time to complete project.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The features I like about Capella University is the online classroom format. My class time is not time consuming and I love their welcome packet that equips me for learning readiness. But the features I would improve is directed to immediate faculty contact. My overall experience was not easy. In fact, my instructor had no empathy with life and death circumstances for students. In lieu of, accepting late paper. Only giving 50% of paper for 1 day late. These are truly unacceptable educational grading practices. Also, I would recommend to get a laptop for those who can prove need as an incident from the university.

Capella University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Capella University is a regionally accredited, for-profit university that specializes in online education.

• Offers degrees and certificates: Capella offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees and certificates in criminal justice.

• FlexPath programs: FlexPath is a unique program that is assessment based and allows students to complete as many courses as they are able to in a 12 week period for one rate.

• Best for: Those who are seeking advanced career training.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs