4.0/5 (199 ratings)

About American InterContinental University

Looking for a flexible and affordable online education? American InterContinental University is an accredited university and offers over 45 bachelor's, master's and associate degrees. From business, information technology, healthcare management and criminal justice to media production and education, American InterContinental University enables their students to follow the career path they desire.

American InterContinental University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American InterContinental University?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have been attending AIU for the past 6 months. The program is very good. The faculty is very caring. The time commitment is very reasonable if you are willing to keep up with the work. I would highly recommend AIU to anyone that would be interested in advancing their education and career.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I made the choice of enrolling into the Bachelor's Degree Program at American Intercontinental University and it was by far one of the best decisions I have made! I am roughly 60% completed with my degree and so far the course work is manageable with a full time job and raising a child. I will admit managing a four year degree into two and a half years seemed a little scary in the beginning. I have made it through with a 4.0 GPA, making President's list every term and was also invited to join an International Honor Society for business students.

Normally I say that I don't really use much of what I learned in school throughout my work, but lately, I'm seeing more and more of what I'm learning at AIU in my work-life as well as my personal life. AIU has been a blessing for me and my career and I look forward to getting my Bachelor's Degree this coming December. If you're looking for an online college that makes work-life and personal-life manageable, consider AIU!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I joined AIU MBA in Human Resource Management through Talentedge in June. It’s the best thing that I have done for my development to date. I was recently introduced to my mentor who is an extremely experienced HR professional. My mentor has taken a keen interest in my development and I feel so lucky to have received this opportunity to be guided by such a professional. I love how American Intercontinental University personalizes the experience for me as I wish it to be!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I never studied online before and due to COVID19, I had to opt for an online MBA since I didn’t want to waste the downtime. Luckily I joined American Intercontinental University through the selection process by Talentedge. My experience has been very good indeed. Online learning is different from on-campus learning and I do miss the classroom setting but AIU faculty does its best to create a nice and easy online learning environment. I think where AIU shines is the self-paced platform which allows me to pace myself in my own way. Besides this, I feel that Talentedge offers a low tuition fee and still brings highly experienced professors from everywhere in the world to teach which I have not seen before. All in all, I feel happy to choose an MBA in Human Resource Management.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Hello all, I would like to say that American Intercontinental University has been a great choice for me. I am from India and I wanted to study at a US Business School so that one day I can look for jobs in the USA. Since I am working full time as an engineer, I can only study in my evening times and during weekends. It has been quite easy for me to balance my work and studies. The curriculum of Technology Management is really good. I am constantly learning new things and also applying some of them at my current job, experience so far has been great. #AIU #Talentedge

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Hello I am putting a rating of one on this college because I didn't even get my degree yet I have paid out over $14,000 and they're still trying to say I owe money even though I'm not attending anymore. Unless you are rich do not attend here because they will take advantage of you. I should have been fully paid off as of March this year and then I get some stuff on my credit report saying I owe more money all of a sudden. As you can imagine I was severely frustrated and they did not want to work with me on any of this, they said it is what I owe. They said what is owed to the school is different from grants and loans.... I'm disheartened and confused on how I owe anything else and still don't have a degree. I had to do due to inclined work hours. I will NEVER recommend this school strictly because of them being a money pit, the teachers in my opinion were great so I won't discredit them.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I was checking out schools to add some skills or certificate to my new business. This school contacted me, and when I mean Contacted me. They harassed me calling every day! I was being rushed and pushed even though I had not completed my FAFSA. I told the woman I will not name out of respect. I was unsure of what I would like to take on.

Mind you I'm 40 years old and have attended 3 colleges before this only for certification programs. I would not advise anyone to go. She told me I would have to drive over 8 hours in order to graduate with my class. I was thinking that finding a school near me would make more sense. No matter how many times I told this woman she continued to get me to finish enrollment. Asked me to watch videos. And when I did not complete them she called again. STALKER I almost had in mind to report them. Very frustrating this was supposed to be exciting it just made me step back. I'm currently pursuing my options again 2 weeks later. Thank God I did not sign with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I went to this school in 2007 and 2008. I have $40,000 in student loans for AIU. When I went to get my masters degree this year I was told that none of my credits would transfer. So I now have to start all over again getting a bachelor's degree. I wasted $40,000. I don't know if they are accredited now but please check before attending this school!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This is not a real school. This is a fake school. They're not even accredited. Whenever you have a problem about a certain class you communicate with the teacher but no teacher ever gets back to you at all. This school should be banned. This school mentioned they will transfer your credits to another school. In reality they won't have tried many times. My advice to anyone that's looking to enroll into the school is don't do it. You will regret it.

You will receive lots of calls in one day From different numbers. So when you first request information about a certain degree from the school they will sweet talk you just to get you enrolled. Trust me when I say this do not enroll into the school. Because you will get so annoyed receiving numerous calls from different numbers. Please take my advice and stay away from the school. And not to mention they also use a program called intellipath which is an online program you use if you're an online student. Which is not really learning. You can go back and change your answers. So I'm telling you from experience the school is fake and take my advice. Don't do it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

They called me somehow and got me connected to someone who sounded foreign (I know scam call centers are usually outsourced). They said they could get me free college if I lie to the person they connect me to on another line. I felt bad after I did and decided I didn't want to go that route but I ended up getting multiple calls from them and other scam callers every day ever since I talked to them. They probably sold my info to other scam centers.

American InterContinental University author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

American InterContinental University is a for-profit university with physical campuses in Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas. It is a regionally accredited university with a robust offering of online education options. American InterContinental University was founded in 1970.

• Online and physical campuses: American InterContinental University gives you the option of attending classes online or in physical classrooms. Campuses in Houston and Atlanta give you a classroom experience, and online courses give you the freedom to take classes that fit your own schedule.

• Intellipath: Intellipath is AIU’s unique, personalized learning platform. With Intellipath, you can enter your academic goals and any credits you may have, and the program will map out a customized educational path fit your academic needs.

• Military scholarship: For women and men serving in the armed forces, AIU offers 45 percent tuition reduction. AIU also offers military grants to help pay for school as well as benefits to spouses and families of students in the military.

• Transfer credits: If you want to transfer to AIU, AIU will make sure you get the most out of transferrable credits. AIU accepts up to 75 percent of qualifying credits to help you save on tuition expenses.

• Adaptable curriculum: AIU encourages students to find a schedule that works for them. Whether you want to go to school full- or part-time, AIU will help you find a personal schedule that fits into your life.

American InterContinental University Company Information