Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This school has taken advantage of NUMEROUS veterans including myself. They have done the same thing with EVERY DEGREE I have there, as well as my spouse who is a veteran and few other students. They mess around with your LEDGER balance close to graduation and the amount is almost always the same. If you do not contact them and threaten them (which still does NOTHING) They will make your LEDGER appear to be clear and on track. However, a few days before graduation, they tack on almost $3k worth of fees for military students which leaves veterans without their degrees or transcripts. Our money is taken from our VA Benefits as well as federal loans and this school, WITHOUT FAIL, does this every time. Please STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL. Myself, as well as a few other Veterans are seeking assistance with this issue, so if there is anyone who knows which direction to go please HELP!

I earned a 4-year accounting degree from AIU in 2008. AIU never lined up any interviews for me. (I later realized it was because no one's interested in their graduates.) Their career assistance consisted of emailing me ads for accounting jobs that appeared in local newspapers. Many of those jobs required far more experience than a new graduate would have. My job search did not go well. I began to think that perhaps employers preferred graduates from traditional universities as opposed to those from for-profit schools like AIU. I believe that AIU has a sordid reputation, even among predatory for-profit schools, and that's why the Obama administration rightfully attempted to rein them in.

I had been working in sales at the time I was enrolled in AIU but decided I had to get a real 9 to 5 job as I wasn't making enough money. My job search started in fall of 2008. It took me until November of 2010 to find employment. Even then, the job I found was one I could have easily gotten without any post high school education. I found a job as an Accounting Assistant, not an Accountant. It was one of the lowest paying jobs in the organization. I know this for a fact since I worked in payroll. That's the value of an AIU education. It takes you forever to find a low paying job you could have gotten without going massively into debt for an inferior education.

The classes at AIU simply aren't as rigorous as they would be at other institutions. So you don't know as much as students who graduated from real colleges. You can't compete with them, and I believe that employers don't respect graduates of AIU because they know these online for-profit schools are a scam. I would recommend that all high schools and other organizations that guide young people steer them away from online for-profit schools. The emphasis is on PROFIT, not STUDENTS.

American InterContinental University

Marilyn, your perseverance sets an example to all of our students, and we're proud to call you an alumna! Best of luck to you in the future. - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

First let me begin by saying that I have 2 degrees from AIU. This school has helped me to be a better person as well as has given the education that I need to meet the demands of employers in today's workforce. It wasn't easy and it takes a lot of patience but my reward was waiting for me in the end. I encourage anyone who has the desire to do it. I haven't been in school for over 30 years; with that being said if I can do it so can you and I got all "A's" in my Master's program. Good Luck on your future endeavors.

American InterContinental University

Kendall, we may have helped with your experience, but the work was all you. Congrats and good luck!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My experience was very good. The professors was very helpful. The intellipath was helpful in learning the material. Time management, Dedication, Support was some very helpful tool that contribute to the successful completing of this program. I want to thank AIU for the wonderful experience.

American InterContinental University

Negbenebor, congratulations on your MBA! It's an impressive achievement, and we're proud to call you an alum. Cheers! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I appreciate the entire staff and management for being there for me throughout my stayed in the School (Masters of Business Administration - Accounting). I will highly recommend AIU for family and friends for future and present. It was fun and educative studying at AIU throughout the period I spent staying in AIU.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American InterContinental University?

American InterContinental University

Antoya, we may have helped give you the tools, but you walked through the door yourself. We're proud to call you an alumnus! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My experience was so amazing. I have learned some many things to become someone important in life. I have meet all kinds of people all over the world. I enjoyed the group project and live chats. This has been an improvement in my life. I thank everyone who helped me get through this journey.

American InterContinental University

Vanessa, with everything you've got going on, it was important for you to find a program that fit your life. We're glad our program fit the bill! Best of luck to you in the future. - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I found the academics to be in line with the program. Assignments were spaced out and not overwhelming. I am a single mother and have a full-time job. This program made it possible to have the correct and proper balance with all aspects of my life.

American InterContinental University

Gena, so glad to hear you found value in intellipath and found our instructors helpful! Thank you, and good luck - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Masters in Business Management and Operations Management. This Degree entails management, strategic planning, raw materials, forecasting, logistics, analyzing, budgeting, communicating with board members and other staff and employees. SWOT analysis internal and external. The professors have been great and most helpful. The Intellipath is a great learning tool. I would recommend anybody to this University.

American InterContinental University

Christina, that's great advice! It was fantastic to meet you at graduation, and we're so proud to call you an alumnus. #AIUStrong! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I truly enjoyed every moment of my time at AIU, (Master's of Business Administration - Project Management) even the stressful moments as I knew that it would eventually lead to better opportunities for my future. I really enjoyed interacting with my fellow students online, make sure you take advantage of the chat ability as it is so much easier than emailing as you can brainstorm ideas.

American InterContinental University

Shamaiah, we're so glad to hear that UNIV103 helped your navigate the rest of your college career. Congratulations and best of luck! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My experience with AIU was exceptional. I really enjoyed the school, and the counselors and professors were great. I choose AIU because my counselor made the process easy for me. I was trying to get in with a University that my mom went to, but every time that I would talk to someone, nothing ever went through. Another great thing was the opening class. That was very helpful in helping me navigate the website.

American InterContinental University

Cynthia, we're so glad our program worked for your schedule and life, and that you had a good experience. Best of luck to you in the future! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Awesome experience at AIU. The online experience worked for me versus being in a classroom would not have worked for my life or schedule. I would highly recommend this school to everyone. The instructors are insightful, the student advisors are amazing and even financial aid reps are great.

American InterContinental University

Sholonda, that's what we want all our students to feel - that we're in it together, supporting you, while you achieve your goals. Best of luck to you in the future, and congratulations! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

As an older student going back to school, AIU made easier to ease back into school. The academic advisor made you feel like they were in it with you. There were many of times that I wanted to quit, but they stayed on me to continue. They were in it for the long haul with me. I could call on my advisor for anything and they would call me back.

American InterContinental University

Abdul, you should be proud of your achievement. We are! Congratulations and best of luck in the future. - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

It is an exciting and challenging moment to go through this Healthcare Management Masters program but the dedicated staff at AIU, who are always there to provide the requisite materials and guidance, I can today say am very proud of my achievement. A very many thanks and appreciation to all the staff, my student advisers and all that make it possible for me to graduate today.

American InterContinental University

Anna, the best feedback we could receive is that a student's time allowed them to grow both personally and professionally. Here's to you! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I have been with AIU since 2012. Had my four years of Computer Science prior my AIU experience and wasn't able to get my degree because of relocation. I waited 10 years to get back and tried other colleges but AIU has given me the best college experience I've ever had! I have learned so many things that have helped me through my career and become a better person than before. So thank you so much AIU!

American InterContinental University

Hi Samantha, we do care immensely about our students, and we feel pride when they feel they've been given the tools to accomplish things they never thought possible. We're glad to call you an alumna! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

One of the best schools ever been to. They work really hard to give their students that best schooling they can. They really care about their students. I will be one of the first in my family to graduate from school (Healthcare Management) and it has been a real blessing to have gone to this school. Thanks.

American InterContinental University

Robert, the best experiences are those in which you step out of your comfort zone and rise to meet the occasion. On that front, you've achieved great success, and we're proud to call you an alumnus. Cheers! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I started at AIU and at first it was overwhelming and I felt a little over my head. But as time rolled on, I found the way the curriculum was setup, I became more comfortable and settled in. I had a brief 30 year gap in my education and was a bit hesitant about getting back into the educational world, but AIU made it easy and I soon was moving along in a big way. I am happy to say with dedication and determination, I went on to graduate Summa Cum Laude and earned my Business degree! I was really happy with my decision and the way my education more or less fell into place. Thank you for all you have done for me and helping me fulfill a promise I made to myself a long time ago.

American InterContinental University

We're glad to hear you had a good experience and that the AIU program fit well into your life. Thank you for your feedback. - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My experience at AIU was great. I enjoyed being able to do my schooling at the pace that worked for me. I understand that this comes at a higher cost but education should not cost anything, especially not $50k. Now that I have my bachelors degree I am eager to go back to school but unfortunately I can't afford anymore education.

American InterContinental University

Prenisha, you have great reason to be proud, and it was fantastic to see you cross the stage at graduation. We're delighted to know that we played some part in your story. Congratulations! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

AIU has been my pride. I had given up on returning to college as a mom, I just didn't think I could handle it. Now 2 days away from crossing the stage I have dreamed of my whole life, my heart is overwhelmed. I love my school, and the experience.

When I first started I was really nervous and scared because I had been out of school for so long. Between the advisors and the professors every class put me more and more at ease. I am very happy that I choose this school for my degree.

American InterContinental University

Nicole, we're so glad to hear that you found your AIU education is serving you well. We're proud to have you as an alumna. Here's to your future! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I found the courses very beneficial. I have acquired a plethora of knowledge as it pertains to forensic accounting in which I will be able to apply my learning in my future career endeavors. Thank you AIU for your great resources!

I'm really torn about what to write. Most of my Schooling was great but now as I graduated, I'm not going to get my diploma until I pay another $150. I was never told this. I already have 25,000 in loans. I could understand this if I were going to an actual graduation but there isn't one close enough to me, and if I could afford it I would have gone to one. I can't afford $150 at this time I can't afford my rent so...

My experience was ok most of the time but when faculty and staff made mistakes they seemed quick to blame it on the student instead of trying to find effective resolutions. I've attended other schools where it was a student first environment. Definitely was not my experience here. Student advisors need more training on problem solving.

American InterContinental University

Danuelle, the greatest thing we could hear is that the education you received empowered you to a life of learning and growth. Best of luck to you! - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

It's has been a great experience here at AIU. I have learned a lot and I still continue to grow. My faith and education has played an important role in my development and growth as an individual. Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge." It's afforded me the opportunity to grow past what I was into who I am now.

American InterContinental University

Hi, Atiba, thank you for the review! We're glad you had a good experience at AIU, and we're proud to have you as an alumna. - Chris at AIU

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Operational Management - Solid covered all necessary materials. Wasn't too easy, wasn't too hard. Teachers was attentive and active throughout the whole experience. I would recommend family and friends to further education through AIU. Hopefully they will enjoy the experience as much as I did. Thank you and God bless.

In beginning my academic endeavor to create purposeful change, a contemplation of both undesired social and financial statuses ensued. Afterwards, I knew right then my situation could and would not change or improve apart from injecting some type of academic intervention. This influenced a pivotal decision to search out educational support. Ultimately, this decision reinforced occupational career-skills, marketability and enable personal and career-goal attainment. When I enrolled at AIU (Online) the staff members from all departments engaged me with the utmost care and direction to ensure the transition process was comfortable and seamless.

AIU provided guidance with acquiring requisite enrollment information and documentation processes, avenues to fulfill financial obligations, support departments, exemplary learning materials, and additional resources that allowed me as a student to reach my fullest academic potential. Honestly, I don't know where to begin in raising societal awareness on AIU online educational benefits when regarding schedule flexibility, extensive range of learning platforms and resources, instructors' collaborative student empowerment, interactive peer learning that broaden perspectives, sufficient assignment scheduling, successive course learning to maximize material retention, etc.

AIU placed a world of knowledge at my fingertips which enable learning vast topics, concepts, theories, methodologies, strategies and best practices that enhance desired career-skills under my determined schedule. Every stage of my academic learning was streamlined by AIU staff members and superb educational resources. Furthermore, AIU produces a great overall learning experience with accomplished Instructors and Professors that optimized the process to achieving academic success and most important graduating with honors. Which in itself generated one of the most impressionable memories of my AIU experience and influenced my return in aspirations to acquire an AIU Master's Degree to further support attaining long-term goals.

I elected to share my personal perspective on the quality of American InterContinental University because I truly believe in their student-orientated staff, organizational excellence, explicit courses content, and effective teaching methods which ensure students not only achieve both educational and career goals, but also retain a significant amount of the materials studied as possible.

I also feel like AIU ruined my life. The only students that it seemed to benefit are those that were already working in the field and taking the course as a formality. I could not get a job in the field for more than $11 an hour. Although they set all of these expectations of close to 6 figures or more. I was lured and then rushed through the process and yes they prey on your excitement of buying into the hype. I have a pretty much useless degree and this huge monkey on my back being indebted to this loan.

I began my journey with AIU in 2014 as an undergraduate. I had experienced scheduling difficulties with attending a traditional brick and mortar. I completed my BA in health care management and went on to complete my MBA with a specialty in management. The instructors are involved and committed to getting you to your goal. The key for students is to remain in contact with your instructors, student advisors and other support staff. Utilize all of the resources that AIU provides, because you paid good money for it. This is also an excellent way to gain more from your educational experience. My experience with discussion boards and group assignments has brought new perspectives to various concepts that have been valuable to my career. I am proud to be an AIU grad and recommend this institution to family and friends and all of those who are looking to further themselves in their career. Thank you!

I recently graduated from AIU Online with my bachelor's degree. I returned to AIU for this degree because of the way they treated me and my educational goals 14 years earlier when I earned an associate's degree. The experience was even better the second time. The classes focused on real-world tools and skills needed to advance in the business world. The instructors were knowledgeable and always willing to help. Their feedback made me a better student and prepared me for the next steps in my development.

Because of the work I had done toward a degree and the preparation I received from my classes, I was promoted to a management position at a global pharmaceutical company a month before I earned my degree. The confidence the company had in my development and new skill set allowed me to take that step forward earlier than anticipated.

When I began to entertain the thought of completing my BA degree, I never imagined doing it online. I contacted several schools and found that doing it online would be more conducive to my daily living and allow me to work full time and be a full-time student as well. I chose AIU because they offered the very specific degree that I could not find at other universities/schools. They were helpful through the entire process from admissions to completion. The student advisors were encouraging and always available to me. The Instructors not only taught with patience and knowledge, but were specific in career to the content they taught. Overall, I loved this University. And when I am ready to go for the Masters, I will be going back to AIU.

I have been to many colleges and universities in the pursuit of my degree and career. Because of life circumstances my academic success was put on hold. When I first attended AIU I must admit I was kind of skeptical because I was use to the standard traditional semester schooling. After I enrolled in AIU the entire staff was awesome from Administration to technical support. The instructors was very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. I obtained a Bachelor's (Magna) and a Master's (Medallion) from AIU and highly recommend this university. I read the reviews but we all know it is up to the individual to do the assignments and follow through because online is not for everyone, however I love it. Thanks to American Intercontinental University they made my dream a reality where I have inspired others to get their high school diploma and enter into higher learning.

American InterContinental University Company Profile