American Intercontinental

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In beginning my academic endeavor to create purposeful change, a contemplation of both undesired social and financial statuses ensued. Afterwards, I knew right then my situation could and would not change or improve apart from injecting some type of academic intervention. This influenced a pivotal decision to search out educational support. Ultimately, this decision reinforced occupational career-skills, marketability and enable personal and career-goal attainment. When I enrolled at AIU (Online) the staff members from all departments engaged me with the utmost care and direction to ensure the transition process was comfortable and seamless.

AIU provided guidance with acquiring requisite enrollment information and documentation processes, avenues to fulfill financial obligations, support departments, exemplary learning materials, and additional resources that allowed me as a student to reach my fullest academic potential. Honestly, I don't know where to begin in raising societal awareness on AIU online educational benefits when regarding schedule flexibility, extensive range of learning platforms and resources, instructors' collaborative student empowerment, interactive peer learning that broaden perspectives, sufficient assignment scheduling, successive course learning to maximize material retention, etc.

AIU placed a world of knowledge at my fingertips which enable learning vast topics, concepts, theories, methodologies, strategies and best practices that enhance desired career-skills under my determined schedule. Every stage of my academic learning was streamlined by AIU staff members and superb educational resources. Furthermore, AIU produces a great overall learning experience with accomplished Instructors and Professors that optimized the process to achieving academic success and most important graduating with honors. Which in itself generated one of the most impressionable memories of my AIU experience and influenced my return in aspirations to acquire an AIU Master's Degree to further support attaining long-term goals.

I elected to share my personal perspective on the quality of American InterContinental University because I truly believe in their student-orientated staff, organizational excellence, explicit courses content, and effective teaching methods which ensure students not only achieve both educational and career goals, but also retain a significant amount of the materials studied as possible.

I also feel like AIU ruined my life. The only students that it seemed to benefit are those that were already working in the field and taking the course as a formality. I could not get a job in the field for more than $11 an hour. Although they set all of these expectations of close to 6 figures or more. I was lured and then rushed through the process and yes they prey on your excitement of buying into the hype. I have a pretty much useless degree and this huge monkey on my back being indebted to this loan.

I began my journey with AIU in 2014 as an undergraduate. I had experienced scheduling difficulties with attending a traditional brick and mortar. I completed my BA in health care management and went on to complete my MBA with a specialty in management. The instructors are involved and committed to getting you to your goal. The key for students is to remain in contact with your instructors, student advisors and other support staff. Utilize all of the resources that AIU provides, because you paid good money for it. This is also an excellent way to gain more from your educational experience. My experience with discussion boards and group assignments has brought new perspectives to various concepts that have been valuable to my career. I am proud to be an AIU grad and recommend this institution to family and friends and all of those who are looking to further themselves in their career. Thank you!

I recently graduated from AIU Online with my bachelor's degree. I returned to AIU for this degree because of the way they treated me and my educational goals 14 years earlier when I earned an associate's degree. The experience was even better the second time. The classes focused on real-world tools and skills needed to advance in the business world. The instructors were knowledgeable and always willing to help. Their feedback made me a better student and prepared me for the next steps in my development.

Because of the work I had done toward a degree and the preparation I received from my classes, I was promoted to a management position at a global pharmaceutical company a month before I earned my degree. The confidence the company had in my development and new skill set allowed me to take that step forward earlier than anticipated.

When I began to entertain the thought of completing my BA degree, I never imagined doing it online. I contacted several schools and found that doing it online would be more conducive to my daily living and allow me to work full time and be a full-time student as well. I chose AIU because they offered the very specific degree that I could not find at other universities/schools. They were helpful through the entire process from admissions to completion. The student advisors were encouraging and always available to me. The Instructors not only taught with patience and knowledge, but were specific in career to the content they taught. Overall, I loved this University. And when I am ready to go for the Masters, I will be going back to AIU.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Intercontinental?

I have been to many colleges and universities in the pursuit of my degree and career. Because of life circumstances my academic success was put on hold. When I first attended AIU I must admit I was kind of skeptical because I was use to the standard traditional semester schooling. After I enrolled in AIU the entire staff was awesome from Administration to technical support. The instructors was very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. I obtained a Bachelor's (Magna) and a Master's (Medallion) from AIU and highly recommend this university. I read the reviews but we all know it is up to the individual to do the assignments and follow through because online is not for everyone, however I love it. Thanks to American Intercontinental University they made my dream a reality where I have inspired others to get their high school diploma and enter into higher learning.

American InterContinental University has literally destroyed my life. I was lured to the school in 2005 by cold calling and offering sweeteners such as " one year extensive MBA program", fast admission etc. I was also lied to about the school being accredited. Maybe in their little office where they count the money, they steal from innocent especially, newly came immigrants who don't understand the student loan programs well and could be an easy target by such scam schools. The truth is overall, neither this school is accredited nor its diploma carries any value to the companies to hire you.

The process of applying was so quick, that I was not given a chance to really review and understand what I was getting myself into. I was then told that federal loan was no sufficient to cover the education and that I had to apply for a private loan with high-interest rates if I wanted to get admitted. "An assistant" was assigned to me by the Univ. to speed up my loan applications. Anyways, the loans that were pushed have swollen to $43.000! The education was so poor and ineffective that I wasn't sure what I was exactly specializing in. In short, upon the graduation, I was never able to land a job by my major (Management) since no company cared about the diploma from #AIU. It has been 11 years!

I have contacted the University management many times and expressed my frustration with the situation they got me into but all my concerns were simply ignored. I had many arguments with Sallie Mae which is another abusive company along with its partner in crime Navient acts as a natural born in killers in terms of destroying young students financial lives. I refused to pay it out of my frustrations and my loans were sold off to other companies. I, eventually with the help of ombudsman was able to consolidate my loans after my paychecks were garnished and credit history was trashed. Although, Navient till now still claiming that they have my loan despite consolidating $43k loan for one year of useless so-called education.

It took me 7 years to repair my credit and even now I have only "fair" credit score. Thanks to the abuses of the school and Sallie Mae! I am still struggling to pay off my $43k student loan and it has been such a drag in my life. I do now own anything thanks to these scams that destroyed my financial life. I just wish I could exchange their diploma back for the loans they pushed on me and get myself out of this disaster... :(( Another scam just like Trump University that ruined my life!

I am trying to find out more information about a possible class action lawsuit. I have seen many reviews and reports on different websites and I was able to read about a whistle blower lawsuit that was formed by four former employees of the university claiming that the school fraudulently filed more than 100 million dollars worth of student loans. I am one of those students who has over 20 thousand dollars in debt with no education due to the practices of this school. I would like more information about how to join a class action lawsuit against them.

I've been looking for a college to attend for business education for months. Now, I've been considering AIU for about three days. However, it wasn't until I was sent this link that I finally emailed the FOURTH person I'd talked to, who actually had the sense to send me their information via email instead of gushing it out over the phone like the other three, that I wasn't interested. When I had originally sent in my information for this school, I had honestly expected a pamphlet or packet in the mail like a normal college would do. No, not even close. I got at least 3 calls a day from them. IF I didn't answer the phone. And, if I had originally talked to someone and didn't call them back (working 2 day-jobs, I have LITERALLY NO TIME to call hardly anyone) they had SOMEONE ELSE call me about a day or so later. If I didn't answer, they rarely left a voicemail or their information for me to call them back.

The only gentleman that I actually enjoyed talking to was Rick; he sounded professional, at least. I don't have problems with people calling me back, though. I do have an issue with them calling me back over and over within a week and I've answered all their basic questions twice with two different people, AND I specified that I had no intentions of starting school for about half a year. They became very aggressive with wanting me to do research about their BA in Business with specialization in Entrepreneurship. It became very clear to me that they're out for money. They have one person to contact you and they don't succeed in convincing you that their school is for you, then they have person after person call you and try to convince you. All they want is your money, and they want it as soon as possible in whatever way, shape, or form they can get it.

Do not be fooled by AIU online. I am really traumatize by them, because of them I don't really want to trust online programs now. At first they will sweet talk you and convince you to enroll which I understand, and they will tell you your options on how you will pay your tuition fee. And then they will tell you to apply for FAFSA after that they will assume that you will get the maximum at PELL GRANT which is not 100% sure until the final process. And tell you to start taking classes even though your payment options has not yet been settled. I told them I want to cancel the enrollment but still they will insist and force you to take class, they'll tell you they will work it out for you. Then, the time came when my FAFSA was only approved for $300 and I told them I made up my mind and will pursue on cancelling my enrollment, they started to be mad because I clearly told them that I was not going to apply for a STUDENT LOAN.

I was reading all the reviews and saw most of them that are really bad especially reviews by our Military personnel like me. They are trying to get your G.I Bill or any kind of loan so you will be in debt and just force to take classes. I thank God I didn't apply for student loan or used my G.I Bill on them or else I would end on $45,000 in debt. My advice is to read all the reviews not just on Google but on different websites too. They don't lie! While I was applying for FAFSA I saw the students who graduate on this "UNIVERSITY" is only 33% on top of that they contacted as I type this review regarding my unsettled account. I spent a total of $600 for 1 subject which I WITHDRAWN because I knew that they are trying to hypnotize me on applying for a student loan. The funny thing is the lady that I was speaking to mentioned before she hang up was " Your payment is really important and we will be waiting for that."

They only care about the payment not your education. I'd rather spend $600 just to get them off my ass and not to be in debt for $45,000. I was really nervous for almost 1 week because of what I saw on some of the reviews of AIU. I really thank God that I was saved from this AIU. I felt relief as soon as they withdrawn me from their university. To make this LONG STORY short. Don't enroll to this "SCHOOL". Read the reviews first. Don't waste your student loans or any kind of grant in here. I'm telling you right now, they will get you apply for all kinds of student loans or whatever just to get the money and after that you are on your own. READ ALL THE REVIEWS from BBB.org or Google.com or at fafsa.gov.

I am really traumatize now. I am emphasizing this because I don't want this to happen to my fellow military personnel or to anyone else. I hope I was the last one to experience this. It was like having a PTSD because of what happened. LOL! Again, READ THE REVIEWS FIRST BEFORE ENROLLING HERE. NOT ONLY FROM ONE SITE BUT ON DIFFERENT RESOURCES TOO! You have been warned! :)

I attended this college in 2008-2009. Started in February and graduated the following March. I always enjoyed the school until the end. It was a very proud moment for me to obtain a degree. Everyone seemed helpful and supportive; however then reality came after graduation. I was made aware of I had student loans as well as 2 Pell grants. I was only aware of a Stafford unsubsidized loan and a Stafford subsidized loan along with the Pell grants. I had gotten to the point where I knew my loans should have been paid off; however... it has been 8 years since I graduated and I recently found out that my loans were in fact not paid off and no one notified me or anything.

So as any well education, intelligent woman would do I started to research. OH MY what I found. First NO ONE has copies of my promissory note that was signed. "MYEDDEBT" does not have anything, NSLDS does not have anything and after reassessing my AIU profile I have found that I can see the payments that were made to the account; however I am not able to view the promissory notes or anything. The amounts in the account versus what was documented by the school does not add up either. To top it all off the Offset my Refund this year and there is still $1400 left in my grant that they never even dispersed to the school.

I am going to fight this tooth and nail and I would suggests anyone else do the same. I already have a really good paper trail, more than any of the others do. Seems to me if they can't provide me with immediate copies of the promissory note then I do not believe they need the money and being the student you would think I would be able to see and print all necessary paperwork right off the portal, but NOPE sure can't.

I can't help but wonder is it the school... or is it the government... All I know is for a 13 month associate program I have dumped 22000.00 in and the offset was another 9000 yet the total cost of my program per AIU was only 21000.00... Do the math. The kicker for me is that not 1 single person would even help me investigate this or give me a solution. I was not offered a play or nothing. Phone call after phone call all I hears was "I'm so sorry for the situation that you're in; however there is nothing we can do for you." Small town girl with an Attitude.

I am so glad that I found all of the reviews, ripoff reports, and BBB reports on this school. The only good reviews I have seen are from people currently attending, oblivious to the fact that when they "graduate" (if this school even gives them their diploma), they won't find a job, and they'll quickly realize that all of that financial aid they were granted? Yeah, the school pocketed it and did not apply it to their tuition. Of course while you're taking classes it all seems too good to be true. Your advisor makes it this way because if you withdrawal or fail, they don't make money. I got the same runaround from these advisors that I'm sure everyone else did. I requested information and got multiple phone calls from what I can at best say are very good salesmen. Everything sounded so great, and I spent an hour on the phone with Ty ** filling out the application, FAFSA, and was pressured into starting classes much sooner than I ever intended to.

All of a sudden I was an AIU student. It kind of caught me off guard and I looked into it more. I also got a hold of military family that have gotten their BS degrees online and NOBODY has ever heard of them. That right there is a red flag out of hundreds. When I called to cancel my enrollment it turned into them trying to convince me to stay for 10-15 minutes. They stopped when I brought up the probation they were under that was never mentioned when I asked about accreditation when I was enrolling. It took me another three phone calls before my status finally read "cancelled." I was convinced they weren't going to cancel me until after classes began and would have tried to charge me, because it's been done before. I am very glad I got out when I did, before any classes began.

PLEASE do your research! There are SO MANY online schools that are SO much better. This school is for-profit and that is never a good idea. Non-profit state schools that offer online/distance learning are the way to go! They are recognized by employers, much more reputable and not to mention cheaper! Now that I have done my research and found a state school that works for me, I don't understand why anyone would pay over 55k to attend AIU. Look into your options... ASU, Penn State, UMUC, FSU, and many, many more. I rarely ever write reviews on anything, but I hope this saves some poor soul from going into massive debt for a degree that will get them nowhere.

I attended AIU Online from 2004-2006. The financial adviser never provided me with any indication of final cost, an idea of payments, how the loans were to be dispersed, no information on how signature loans worked and their potential interest rates. My 4.0 GPA was ruined due to one professor failing a paper which was 60% of my final grade because turned in 2 hours late, even after my explanation of having an emergency with a close family member and was unable to access a computer for most of the weekend. The quality of classes were a joke. I learned very little that I didn't already know from work experience. I was forced to take Art Appreciation and history classes for a Business degree.

In 2006 I graduate with an associates degree and am expected to start immediately paying $568 per month. Sallie Mae refusing to help with lowering my payments, years and year of hassle, collection harassment with me and my entire family (anyone listed as references or anyone they happened to skip-trace and locate as a potential connection to me). Final tally out the door: $24,725.00 - Current balance owed 10 years later: $64,157.00. Yes, that's over $39,432.00 in interest. Get this, I've been making payments on this balance every month. Imagine the shock and horror of making $11/hr and owing $65,000 in student loans.

AIU says they are military friendly, they are not. I have been fighting with financial aid for a year now. I have had FA laugh when I call and ask about the status. The teachers are not any better. I followed the Rubic in the DB, but the teacher said I did not go into depth enough when commenting on post I was given an F. In another class I had an A got one F and the teacher dropped my grade from an A to D. I went to another college before I decided to just do online and held a 3.5 to 4.0 GPA. With AIU I have a 1.95. I turn my work in early and got 10% knocked off my grade for being late. If you are a veteran stay away from AIU. They are not Veteran friendly. Don't waste your GI Bill here.

This school has been thousands of dollars in debt and state; I didn't follow my agreement with them. I did what my student advisor told me to do and because of that I was not allowed to finish my degree without paying out of pocket for the rest. Now I owe 40,000 in student loans and only needed three classes to graduate. This school has no accountability for its staff. My husband also enrolled but never attended and they put 3000 on his credit when he never even went to class.

Low quality education not worth price, pushy like salespeople. I had taken online courses before through the University of Illinois which were more challenging than in-person classes because of the need to be self-motivated and disciplined, but the teachers were very intelligent, engaged, providing constructive criticism, and the material and tests were timed and challenging, often requiring essay responses. You definitely learned. But at AIU, anyone can get an 'A.' It's a joke! For example, a comprehensive executive review was to be completed with all its sections on the subject matter, published on the bulletin board, and discussed by classmates.

I was the only person who posted one. Every other person simply commented in about a sentence or two as to what an Executive Summary is, practically verbatim copied from some dictionary definition. And the reply by the teacher regardless what any student says is something to the effect "Great job!" "Keep up the good work." "Thanks for all your hard efforts." They have nothing of substance to add or teach. I never saw any form of criticism or contrary commenting. They only want to heap false praise on you because they just don't want you to quit. They want to make sure they get paid.

The "advisor" calls you constantly to make sure you're attending classes (which never happened at other schools) because they don't get their commission if you don't attend, treating you as if you're an irresponsible child. It's very annoying, as I always attended and got straights A's with virtually no effort, which was about 100x more effort than most of my classmates were making. Their "Intellipath" has a few bits of useful information in it, but anyone can pass it as there are only a few questions you are actually, multiple choice, it's not timed, and you can do it over and over again until you get it right. If you learn anything, it's because you taught yourself, but to get an A you don't HAVE to do anything, so that makes their degrees worthless. They cost a fortune and you walk away with nothing. I don't know how they got accredited.

I attended AIU from 2014-2015. I enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of support from staff, easy workload and tons resources for research and studying. The curriculum was set up in a way that made it easy to learn, yet challenging enough to be effective. Contrary to other reviews, AIU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. This is the same accreditation that major universities have, I know this because I checked. I actually verified with three major and highly ranked university, that they will accept credits from AIU. I graduated with an Associates in Business Adminstration, and was able to obtain a new career with that degree. I will be returning to AIU for my Bachelors Degree in March. Thanks AIU!

So I attended AIU in February of 2016, hoping that I would be able to get my associates in Criminal Justice. I had to take an Orientation first to see if I was even able to get into the school. Turns out I failed the orientation, so they told me that I was not able to attend. Then next thing I know, two weeks later I get a call saying that I owe $1,400 for the orientation I got kicked out of. I told them that I was not going to pay as they had not told me ANYTHING about having to pay for orientation.

So I've been looking up online about the reviews and see that many people are dissatisfied with AIU. I will be calling them tomorrow to send me the contract (once again, because the first time I looked it over it said that you will not be charged for orientation) and if I see what I read the first time, then I am going to be pursuing a class action lawsuit. If anyone else would like to join me, then feel free to message me. I should not have to pay $1,400 for something that they kicked me out of. It is absolutely ridiculous. I wish I would have read the reviews to save me time.

I graduated from American International University in 2007 with a Bachelor's in Accounting and Finance. The University was very clear on pricing. The online setup was very easy to navigate - way better than Blackboard. Yes, it was expensive - I got what I paid for. Did they hand me a job when I graduated? No. I had to go get my own job. Was I paid a higher wage because I had my degree? Yes. Do I think a college degree is necessary to do the work I do in the finance industry - probably not. Have a degree gives me the qualification I needed to even apply. Getting the job was up to me. I had two teenagers when I was going through this program. It was really hard. We all worked really hard together. It was an excellent example to set. I have zero regrets and nothing negative to say about my experience as a student at AIU.

I attended AIU in 2010 to the 2013. Receive a degree but I am like $42,000 in debt and don't see how. Went to this financial advisor, was told everything was okay. My financial part was covered by my financial aid. Only have to pay a smaller amount but at the end of graduation and six months afterwards I get a total charge of $42,000 in debt. They kept adding additional classes and then told me that was added on after the criteria was overlooked. If there any class action lawsuits I would love to be a part of it. Send me or call me with any information.

I graduated from this school with a B.A. in business with a 4.0 in 2005-2008 and the whole way through I was asking what it was going to cost as far as payments went and got the same run around as everyone else, "Oh don't worry they work with you and your payments will be very manageable", 469.00 a month manageable. So when I couldn't get a job because I was unqualified and they fell through on their promise to help me find a job I defaulted and then the hell really started, calling all hours of the day and night every single day and just nasty on the phone.

Had I known the cost up front and the trouble I had got into I would of never EVER went with this school but they kept the promises coming of a better life making good money at the end. 11 years later and still have not once used this degree but I am still in huge debt because of it. I have a CDL that I use to pay the bills with. As for the Idiots that are on here praising this school you're lucky you dodged a bullet. Feel lucky you're not in one of our shoes. I worked hard too!

As the previous 40 or so consumers, AIU did the same thing to me. I attended back in 2007-08. Before agreeing to the school terms I asked several times about the payments that would need to be made monthly after getting loans and government help, and was told, "Oh, as long as you make some kind of payment to them every month you will be fine."

Well you know how that went... I was cut off from access to my classes, had to play catchup every time a new class started. The dollar amount went up each time until the point where I could not afford it anymore. I would get letters in the mail telling me I owe 40 something thousands of dollars. I told them there's no way I owe that much if I didn't finish the total course of 40 something thousands of dollars. And furthermore AIU prices were ridiculous, but I was told the school was accredited. Now I'm reading all of these reviews and they are NOT... UNREAL! And here it is 2016 and I'm still paying and trying to make sense of not having a degree with them. TOTAL RIPOFF! I am so in agreement of a lawsuit. Count me in also.

American Intercontinental Uni. contacted me over the phone and they were so nice and supportive I almost couldn't believe it. As the conversation went on I started to get nervous because it was all looking too good to be true. I noticed a review where someone talked about postponing their enrollment and AIU guilt tripped them into starting sooner which is exactly what they did to me! So, we got to the part where they wanted me to sign off on the application and input my social security as an electronic signature. Immediately I got a sick feeling in my stomach and when I told the AIU adviser that I wanted to take some time to look over all of the fine print before entering my social and accepting, she quickly reassured me that after signing I would be able to review all of the pdf documents of the agreements but something still felt off.

I told them I didn't feel comfortable giving out my social on a whim without doing my homework, and I told them I would call back on Monday once I'd had the opportunity to do just that. I then started looking up reviews and stumbled across this site and I'm so thankful that I did. So, thank you for taking time to review them. You saved me a lot of potential stress and setbacks that I'm not sure I could handle at this stage with everything already being screwed up. I'm just going to go get my degree at a local community college man. Screw messing around with these online vultures. You 1 star reviewers are the real MVP.

4 years of hell & graduated with a 3.85 GPA... Read reviews 4 years ago, should of listened. They were bad then... 30% graduation rate, now I understand. Online with Zero help in getting the know how to use the system, once you do they change it up and you start over. A BS was to cost 33K to get a degree. Now, 50K later they refuse to mail me my Certificate because they messed up my student loans 2 times and they want me to pay an extra 5K to get that paper. Got to love those hidden EXTRA fee - they add up. Could not get anyone to call me back in 4 years, now I have graduated - they are hounding me every other day. Job placement is a joke, 4 month to write a resume with them. I have a BS in healthcare and I can not use it, I do not qualify for 95% of the jobs, I need more schooling that AIU does not offer. What I learned... NOTHING and again A student.

Not sure what kind of problems everyone is having or if the complaints are coming from the "entitled" generation but I was completely satisfied with AIU. I graduated with BIT Network Administration in 2006. I transferred in an AA in Engineering Science from a Community College. After I received the Bachelors Degree I was awarded with a $20,000 pay raise from my employer. As someone had previously state, online schools are not for everyone. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure you are getting what you are paying for. Do your research first.

I went to AIU around 2008 because I didn't want to go back to traditional college. I got a BA in Business Management thinking it would help me further my career. The red flag, I should have pay attention to, is when school change cities. Another red flag is when I couldn't contact one teacher. By that time I gotten my BA and had no help trying to get a job. All I got was 60k in debt and no job. When I looked for jobs most of the companies said, "What is American Intercontinental University?" I was unemployed for 5 months then I worked in retail. This school was really all for profit. I'm still paying this loan off. This school has put a bad taste in my mouth. Please do your research and don't go to this school. I got burn.

It behooves me that we have people that after years and years have passed come on sites like this and continue to ridicule AIU by making complaints in 2016. What's your purpose? I find that AIU is a good fit for me and have nothing to complain about. After all, unlike the numerous complaints seen here, I read the fine print and understood what I was getting myself into. I graduate in 2017 and have maintained a 3.93 gpa because I worked hard, studied hard, and applied myself.

Online classes are not for everybody. PLEASE do your research on any college that you are interested in attending, whether it is online or not. I guarantee you, though, that the same people who are complaining about AIU will complain about the next school they attend. By the way, college costs us a good deal of money. Surely, you people realize that college isn't free. Put your big boy and big girl pants on, study hard, and apply yourself and you will be satisfied. Move on with life because rest assured your cries of complaints after the fact will continue to fall on deaf ears.

My story sounds familiar to one posted by a woman in ILL. I attended AIU in the fall of 2005 - summer of 2006. I was one class away from finishing my Bachelors in Business Management when I got a phone call from my advisor that said I had lied about my transcripts and now needed to take 6 more classes to complete my degree and that I should have started off in the Associates Program because it would have cost less and I'd already be done. Huh? I had more than 60 transfer hours. My last class didn't even have anything to do with my degree as I had finished all of those classes. My last class was going to be Art History. So I dropped it because there is no point in taking art history for a business degree that they weren't going to give me.

I argued and argued with them because there is no way to lie about your transcripts when they have sealed copies sent to them by my previous university!! Ten years later I have over $40,000 in SL debt because of them. And NO degree. They've also had the audacity to call me off and on offering for me to come back, at my cost of course. The kicker - I'd have to start all over and NONE of my previous classes with them would transfer in their own school!!

I have a had a bad and expensive experience with this so-called university. I only took 10 courses and I owe them more than $25,000. The classes were under two months long each. I took one class at a time. This was a plan they said they set up for people like me, working mother of three, so I could earn a degree at home. The classes required me to log on and post to the forum once a week and write a paper of a certain required word limit, usually equal to one page. That's it, turn that in and get an A. Wow. This is easy, I thought, until I realized I wasn't learning anything new or anything that was going to prepare me for a job in the field. I was essential buying a worthless degree. Financial Aid office would call me and tell me it was time to sign new papers to continue my aid.

Since the classes cost a considerable amount more than the federal aid provided, I did not get the overpay that one would normally get from attending a regular campus community college. When I asked for an additional $1000 to cover my expenses, they said no, that amount was not allowed, that I was required to take the full $5000 or nothing at all. Having never been to college before I didn't know better. I figured it out when the same assignments were given to me in my Medical Records class and in my Medical Coding class. One example assignment was: Explain the pros and cons of switching from paper to electronic records. Same assignment in both classes. When I confronted them about it over the phone, they dropped the program. I would like to be part of any lawsuit against them. Please contact me!!!

I obtained an Associates in Business Administration, and a Bachelors in Criminal Justice. I am a disabled veteran and used my GI Bill and Federal Student Loans to go to this school. I now owe around $53,000 in debt that I will NEVER be able to pay off. I had applied for dozens of jobs on USAjobs.gov and even in jobs that education alone should qualify me for, I do not qualify for them. I went to the VA and talked to them about retraining and they told me that little, if anything, I got credit for in AIU would be able to transfer to ANYTHING else. They advised me that some of my credits are just made up because of my military service and law enforcement training. These schools prey on military and I am telling you now that if you are thinking of going to this school using the GI Bill... pop smoke because this place will rip you off.

American Intercontinental Company Profile