2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.34/5

Looking for a flexible and affordable online education? American InterContinental University is an accredited university and offers over 45 bachelor's, master's and associate degrees. From business, information technology, healthcare management and criminal justice to media production and education, American InterContinental University enables their students to follow the career path they desire.

AIU understands how busy life can get, which is why they tailor their curriculum to what best benefits their students. Contact AIU today to learn more about tuition, financial aid, classes available and more.

Unsubscribe at any time.

American InterContinental University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American InterContinental University?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

They called me somehow and got me connected to someone who sounded foreign (I know scam call centers are usually outsourced). They said they could get me free college if I lie to the person they connect me to on another line. I felt bad after I did and decided I didn't want to go that route but I ended up getting multiple calls from them and other scam callers every day ever since I talked to them. They probably sold my info to other scam centers.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I enrolled into this college on 7/19/2020. I didn't think to read reviews or do my due diligence until afterwards. My admissions rep advised me to start taking classes even though my financial aid was not approved or confirmed. I was hesitant. I wanted to start in August, but she was pushing for upcoming classes on 7/22. Even though I has already told her I wanted to start in August. So I moved forward anyway. Thank God there was a mix up with my financial aid, so I did not get it for this School anyway. On 7/21 I decided to do some research because things just didn't sit right with how rushed this process was. When I did, I saw that they already had very poor reviews from students. I immediately emailed the admissions rep asking to cancel my enrollment. She was nice and she did tell me that it was taken care of.

At 11:34 I receive a call from the admission advisor's supervisor stating that he was officially cancelling my enrollment, but that he wanted feedback to help solve the problem I may have had for future students. I proceeded to tell him my disapproval of the graduation rates, and the poor reviews from current and past students. He starts to over talk me, ask me do I know how graduation rates are calculated, I say no, he responds "I didn't think so". I ask why is he being sarcastic, he then gives me the definition of sarcasm, and states that he is just stating facts! All of this rudeness because I decided I did not want to attend this school. If this type of attitude and lack of empathy is coming from the boss, I can only imagine what comes from the professors. There was no reason for him to talk to me like I was uneducated and unaware of why I was making my own decision as a grown woman.

Future students, consider more than cheap financing when you are thinking about school. Take reviews seriously! These schools prey on people. They are nice until you make choices that do not further their agenda. If I could remember his name I would post it. If I could give 0 stars, I would. I am happy I dodged a bullet with this one. I wanted to attend this school for a BA in Business Administration. I found that other school with more reputable reputations offer is, so I decided to go that route. Shame on AIU for hiring complete rejects to bully and intimidate students into their programs! Disgusting.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: July 10, 2020

So I never went here but I was looking at different colleges. So I did put my number down for information (I usually don't answer if I don't recognize the number) but I have recently been getting multiple phone calls a day within a 4 hour timeframe. When I looked up the number it was to this college. This place calls me at least 5 times a day, every single day, for the past week and half. They haven't even left a single voicemail. For me it is really unprofessional to keep spam calling people when they are clearly not interested.

Original review: July 1, 2020

The rating is zero stars but that is not an available option. When I first started my classes I was excited and also proud of myself for getting and keeping my GPA up. However when you try to transfer the credits that you gained you will be unable to do so because they are not accredited despite them reassuring me that they were doing the time that I attended classes. If you don't have plans of pursuing your MA after your BA then you may be ok landing a job with your degree but if you have plans of expanding your knowledge then find another school because you will spend more time and money on classes that you have taken when normally the credits would count towards your degree at another school. Save yourself the time, money, and headache by going somewhere else because their favorite answer is "I'm sorry it's nothing that we can do" even when the situation is totally their fault.

Original review: April 27, 2020

If I can give zero stars I would. If they can see this, this is my last option. I am not interested in enrolling anymore. All I requested from your site was information. But yet after 2 weeks you all keep spam calling me from different numbers. Can you please stop because I'm about to change my number if you don't.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I have been trying to call this school for the last 4 days because I need them to take the name off my student loans profile so I can start my classes at different school and then first transfer me around for ten minutes, them the man I spoke to tells me he and his boss have not idea what a cod is, that I need to contact the student education, not them. And then finally some lady knew what I was talking about but tells me there is absolutely nothing she can do that it takes weeks to be updated. Such bs! Don't lie to me like idk what I'm talking about. I will be sure to take this to higher management because this school is so unprofessional it's sickening. That's all they want is money. DO NOT GO HERE.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I have decided to calm down before I made a review so to omit any unfair words used against these people so here goes. Do not I repeat do not believe what you are told. My experience started off great. I was getting encouraged daily and getting my paperwork done in a timely manner. All of that good stuff. Now there was an issue that occurred with my high school diploma. I was being told to have it evaluated which would cost me at least 85 dollars. The problem with that was the fact that an evaluation is needed if you have foreign credits which I told them on more than one occasion I didn’t. The story switched to being outside of the US but the rebuttal was military people get stationed outside the US and go to American school and their credits are not foreign. So while I’m waiting on a email from

someone to explain to me how anything of what they said made sense I was withdrawn in the middle of a class.

Now that it is KNOWN they made a mistake they won’t re-enroll me until January which I deem as unfair. There is an investigation going to be opened and I will keep this review on going about the outcome but if you want to come here don’t get suckered into they are there to help because this situation has proven it not to be true.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

This school has really friendly staff who are willing to help as long as you reach out to them. They call to make sure you are staying on top of things which is great because I am a procrastinator. They try to help you with every part in the process along the way. I feel like some of these bad reviews are based off of people having personal issues simultaneously. College is an experience and the people here really try to help as much as they can but they can't do everything for you. You have to do the class work and reach out to the professor, advisers and other students if you are needing support.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I attended this school in 2007 in the Education Leadership program. At that time I was on the quarter system which meant the classes were 6 weeks long. Classes moved fast and you had to keep up. I enjoyed AIU and would love to go back and get a doctoral degree if they had a doctoral program in my area. I've had no problems getting a job and promotions. I like this school!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

This is one of the best online school in the United States. I do really recommend it. I tried different online school and I can say this one was the best one of all of them. The professor are excellent, the education program was great and the administrative staff is very professional.

American InterContinental University author review by ConsumerAffairs

American InterContinental University is a for-profit university with physical campuses in Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas. It is a regionally accredited university with a robust offering of online education options. American InterContinental University was founded in 1970.

• Online and physical campuses: American InterContinental University gives you the option of attending classes online or in physical classrooms. Campuses in Houston and Atlanta give you a classroom experience, and online courses give you the freedom to take classes that fit your own schedule.

• Intellipath: Intellipath is AIU’s unique, personalized learning platform. With Intellipath, you can enter your academic goals and any credits you may have, and the program will map out a customized educational path fit your academic needs.

• Military scholarship: For women and men serving in the armed forces, AIU offers 45 percent tuition reduction. AIU also offers military grants to help pay for school as well as benefits to spouses and families of students in the military.

• Transfer credits: If you want to transfer to AIU, AIU will make sure you get the most out of transferrable credits. AIU accepts up to 75 percent of qualifying credits to help you save on tuition expenses.

• Adaptable curriculum: AIU encourages students to find a schedule that works for them. Whether you want to go to school full- or part-time, AIU will help you find a personal schedule that fits into your life.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team