Western Dental & Orthodontics

Multiple California Locations

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Stop whatever incentives you are giving employees. It is horrible. When you try to make an appointment they keep trying to schedule it as a new client and then your appointment gets canceled every time. I was trying to get in for my three kids before our insurance expired. I tried for 60 days with four different appointments and every single one of them got canceled. They had notes on their chart not to cancel my appointment anymore and they still did. I never did get in before my insurance expired. When I called him to talk to someone higher they asked me if I was calling to make a complaint. I said yes and then they told me they wouldn't put me through and hung up on me, and even though I kept telling them I wasn't a new client they kept putting me down as a new client.

Western Dental Services, Inc. people are not telling the truth when they are talking to you verbally and what is written in the contract that they will let you sign. They only want your money. They told me that the treatment will be based upon the procedure has been done and the amount of contract that they let me signed is not the true amount that I will be paying because it will all depend on the treatment which they presumed that would only last up to 6 to 8 months.

Because the braces is already in the final stage when we went to them July 2016, which actually they dont have plans to stop until I made a second opinion to another orthodontist which advises me to tell Western Dental that it should stop since, and now they are telling to pay the full amount of the contract which 3500 usd for a 8 months treatment of just adjusting the wires. I hope and pray that Western Dental Services should consider what they had told to their patients and not making the excuse that the person who made the contract before is no longer employed in the company. I want to seek legal advice.

I went in first time for X-rays and a cleaning both covered by Medi Cal. After the X-rays the dentist came in and said "Good job. No cavities but your gums are receding so you need deep scaling and antibiotics after." The business office manager came back with a proposal of $927. I said I'm on Medi Cal and can't afford it. She says they have a credit card company I can use. Stupid me I signed the contract instead of getting a second opinion. Now I do not recall any line itemized just an amount and a charge for $167 for a toothbrush and rinse. I said no to that. So they did the scaling which took about 20 minutes with no local anesthesia but what she did was really a regular cleaning and charged me $240 for a terrible job.

I complained to dentist and she tried to get the stains off to no avail. Then they show me this video about an antibiotic called ** which she says dentists use after scaling instead of laser. Well she does this treatment and then I see the detailed bill. $660 for the **. Now I'm getting upset because I do not recall lined items on the bill and I would never have agreed to $660 for an antibiotic! Anyway, I feel screwed because I signed the contract. I truly believe they added the line items after I signed but can't be certain. Anyway, there are so many complaints about this company that they should be shut down for their business practices. Run away from Western Dental!

March I called to make an appointment to have a very rotten tooth removed. They gave me an appointment for 4-28. Between March and today 4-24 I received 3 calls from Western Dental. All 3 calls I can't understand the number to call back. I call the # I made the appointment with just to find out the office is closed, reopen end of April. It gave me an 800# to call. The man I talked to didn't understand why I was calling. All the message said was to call them. He tells me, "I guess they just want to make sure you'll make the appointment." I said, "Yes the tooth is making me sick!"

A little over a week later I get another message saying to call them. Again I'm told, "Just making sure you'll make the appointment." Again I tell them YES! I had to go to the hospital on 4-28 but I rescheduled so I can get this bad tooth out. Today 4-24 I get my third call. I tried for a half an hour to understand them. I couldn't so I asked my friend to listen after 15 min. We think we got the call back number. I get the same man I talked to the first time. Again he doesn't understand why I'm calling.

I told him, "This is the third time you've called me and you don't know why you keep calling me!" Then he says, "Oh here. There is a note. We need to reschedule your appointment!" I asked if he was kidding. "I to go to the hospital but cancelled it to get this rotten tooth out. Now you're telling me you have to reschedule my appointment!" He wants me to come back June 8 to have my tooth out. I told him, "The tooth is making me sick. It's so bad and now you want me to wait 4 months to remove one tooth!!!" He tells me that's the soonest appointment they have! He couldn't understand why I was upset! I hung up and will find another dentist.

I made it very clear that I am on Disability and Medical/Medicaid and they refused treatment when I told them I was going to a Dental School Free Program for implants after extractions as all my teeth had to be removed. All I needed was them to make Dentures afterward which I WAS covered for and they refused me and asked me why I even came to them. I now have to go with no teeth and Denti CAL already said ok to the dentures. I am 63 and can no longer eat regular food! I would be so happy and blessed if someone could assist me! Thank you so much for listening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Dental & Orthodontics?

Anyone else have Western Dental lose your personal Information??? There is a law against that. Anyone else file a grievance with the Corporate Office. Only to be told, "The Manager said your file is up to date as of the 11th of July 2016." I have my file, missing are the new Patient Packets filled out on 07/06 & 07/07/16. These are not included in my patient file # **. Personally, I'd like to organize a class action lawsuit stating, Violations of HIPPA, violations of the Professional Code of Conduct, Violations of The Calif. Code of Ethics.

Look this Manager is not being held accountable for the Standard of Care, she continually treats patients with discrimination and is very rude and uncaring. I don't think an Office Manager Should be making emergency dental work decisions, let alone have the final decision on which of the 9 ruptured broken teeth should the Oral Surgeon remove. Especially when in my case... all the most painful infected teeth were not approved by this woman. WTH??? This is what they left me with! Old wore out rotten teeth.

I just received a letter in the mail from them saying I owe them an additional 600 dollars because according to them my insurance didn't cover the rest of the cost. I never agreed to additional cost and I never signed for additional costs.

I give it a 0. This place sucks. I had my appointment at 10. People came and went. I asked the staff that sucks too when was I going to be called and she said in "you're next"... 20 minutes later they called another person that had just arrived. I would never go back here. And the place looks dirty and the staff even the dentist looks like they don't know what they are doing.

I was a long time customer/patient of Western Dental on 2nd Street in El Cajon. I have had many contracts with this company and the last one was a disaster. I signed a contract for 24 months and agreed to pay $150 a month. When the last bill came, I overpaid the total amount due. That was October 2016. When I asked that my overpayment be refunded, Western Dental went back through all of my contracts and came up with, they only owed me $43! They owed me $113!

I contacted BBB and they chose to accept my complaint. They told me that Western Dental never responded! I have now contacted Senior Service Legal Firms. I will not give up and I will not give in. Western Dental ripped me off big time! They offered me to "appeal" with their appeal department!! I will have no more to do with Western Dental or with any of their departments. They are just too inept. Instead, I will seek legal advice in order to obtain my proper refund. What a rip off!

This place need to be shut down. The business sucks and my bill was expensive. I set up arrangements to make payments monthly and it took me almost a year to pay them off and I have insurance. I just received a letter in the mail from them saying I owe them an additional 500 bucks saying that my insurance didn't cover the rest of the cost.

I got 7 fillings done and haven't been able to eat right since and it's been a year I kept going back to them to tell them to fix it or at least try to fix the situation, but I guess they got tired of me because on my second visit after my work one of the dentist yelled at me and she wasn't even the one who did my work. She tried to tell me I have to come back to see why are my filling causing me sensitivity. She made a appointment for me saying "come back when your insurance starts again." I clearly said I'm not coming back.

Western Dental is disorganized and hires incompetent people to do their finances. I gave them permission to debit my account on Friday and they did not and refused to see my child for their scheduled appointment. When I called they made me pay again and now my bank is charged over $800 and caused a check to bounce. They are giving me the runaround and it's like pulling teeth to receive any info. I find it absolutely disgusting!

If I could pick zero stars for Western Dental I would. First of all I came in for a single tooth extraction that I shattered a few days ago. Before I was even seen they were trying to take X-rays of my whole head and mouth. I demanded that they just do the X-ray for the side of the tooth and was met by rude signs of disgust. Then after my initial examination they were trying to pull 6 teeth, do a deep clean and put in a partial (He was very proud to say he could pull them all in one day). Then when I began to get upset about this he stated that I should take a series of sedatives to "calm down." Then after all that they then explained that they don't do payment plans through them anymore and that with my insurance it would only be 2687. RUN RUN RUN away from Western Dental. This is not the first time I have had problems with them.

Their license revoked! Incompetence at its highest level. Their HMO coverage should be included. What a racket! I have documents to prove a case. Two dentist in the same office did surgery while I have a infection which caused deadly infection proof 2/1/17 guy dead! Question the office manager after getting my tooth pulled why didn't someone tell me to have someone drive me. I can barely see. My eye is closed and the other won't stop tearing up. I'm alone. The front clerks laugh after the manager said to me, "What did you think. You just had surgery!" I was just stunned, went, and sat in my car. And almost had three accidents heading home.

Next appointment five days later after seeing my mouth never felt like the pain was decreasing still on pain pills. I trusted the dentist in doing the right thing three temporary crowns insured. All staff had left the office with just a dental assistant to put on the last temporary crown on my molar tooth. I sat there so long waiting. She place the crown on. I left. It broke just as I got home. I called 800 number the Western Dental appt. desk. She sent me back to the same location. The same dental assistant put a second crown on we were leaving together. I watch her turning some of the out the lights. I got home (10 minutes away) drove in the driveway the crown broke again. I called appt. Receptionist center 800 appt. desk she had left yet the receptionist stated to me what are they doing in that office? She said go back. I did just that. She put another temporary crown on the same molder.

Once I got home and closed my mouth the same crown she placed on the same molar it broke so I called her once again. She stated the dental assistant has left for the night to come in the morning be the first appointment in the office. I did that. The dentist arrived after waiting over a hour. I ask the dentist why didn't he say he was leaving me without finishing my services. He walked out without saying anything. I was still alarmed. The other assistant placed a temporary crown on the tooth the next day. My mouth never stopped hurting even after placing the permanent crowns. I go back and get permanently placed crowns inserted. He does impressions for dentures none I'm thinking it's a crown bridge because I had told the dentist I didn't want any more metal.

By this time I am on ** the pain still hasn't stop. My mouth is turning gray inside. Each other day I'm taking pictures with my cell phone. I leave nine days later my mouth is turning black inside. I called the receptionist 800 number. She makes a next day appt. At this time I am on panic mode. I asked the dentist what is going on with my dentist services. At this time the dentist looked in my mouth and I saw the panic look on his face. I started crying and he left me sitting in the examine chair returning with two prescriptions handing me a previous one written on the date I had a tooth pulled and one have the current date. And Ask me why Didn't I take the Voided slip of medicines. I was scared at this point because I just realized they didn't know what's going on. The dentist at this point told me to go to Kaiser Emergency NOW. GO NOW.

The dentist told me I had diabetes that is why your teeth won't heal. He went back to talk with the office manager telling he want a copy of my entire medical records and X-rays. At this time I truly realized how unprofessional the entire staffing were in the front office. I just wanted this to be over. I had no teeth. My mouth is in a serious condition and my insurance is their HMO so now I starting asking about a second opinion and saw that was going to be very difficult. I went to the next appointment because this office makes all your appointments in advanced even the last appt. on the first date of services. The dentist place the temporary dentures in my mouth. I felt like I was going the puke. He started taking pictures and writing taking pictures of both sides of my mouth.

When I open my mouth to tell he the fix was very uncomfortable I couldn't move my tongue. The top area of the denture laid on top of my tongue. I removed the denture to asked him is it supposed to fix where you can't talk? He replied it's only temporary. Now I'm not at anytime being disrespectful and at this point realizing he is just becoming abusive towards me and both my dentist don't like me. And I say both because at one time I thought my second dentist in the office was a dental assistant simply because he didn't do anything without asking the first dentist. So now I've gone the farthest I'm going to go without starting research. Went to the dental board making sure they are licensed.

Texted online researching the corporation office to speak to the head person in charge. (There was no luck calling to get this information because some of the numbers will tell you there is no one person in charge. Many numbers will tell you they don't know if there is a number because each location is in charge of itself.) I was giving fabricated information after realizing once I the particular subject is to file a complaint. I'm filing a complaint I will not get the information I'm looking for. I have proof once I contacted this location telling them everything that's happen to me to five different locations which were 800 numbers. I was assaulted tell all details of this first visited to date and to be told this is the wrong complaint's department. I call the HMO insurance and tell them this is a health concern five weeks after the first surgery. I want a second opinion and do not pay this bill. My mouth is in horrible condition.

At this time I had four different doctors stating there's still an infection and a host of other findings. I don't want these two dentist paid without services render. I don't pay in advance. I filed a complaint on everybody involved. The Head of the HMO told me to return to the dental of for a referral to get a second opinion. I walk in the door, saw the dentist was extremely angry while watching him trying to attack the office manager and the staff holding him back. I was in shock! I sat in the waiting area then they called me to go back in the examine chair. THE DENTIST CAME IN AND SHOUTED AT ME USING THE HIGHEST LEVEL spoken words ever. So close I could feel his hot breath in my face! The dentist he waved his finger in my face told me, "I don't care about you! I don't want to touch you! I don't care if you are sick!"

HE REPEATED "I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE SICK. I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU REPORTED ME TO THE insurance company. I don't want to touch you!" My eyes started tearing up. I just said "I have major pain in my mouth. It hasn't stopped hurting since your appointment and I want a second opinion." The Dentist Yelled at the assistant and told her to take a Xray of my tooth. I ask the Xray tech for copies of all my Xrays in this office. I saw this was a unsafe moment. I didn't know what to say so I apologize for making him upset and told him I don't know what was said to him. I just want to be made whole! He shook my hand. I knew at this point he should not be a doctor. How many people has he hurt?

I now have out of pocket expenses and no teeth. My fillings has fell out and needed addition surgery plus a referral to two different dental surgeries. Went to small claims court. Filed lawsuit. The dental office told the Marshals they had the wrong address!!! As if I was never there! So now I went to legal services referred by the courts. Now filing law claim against Western Dental Corporation. They rotate these dentist from office to office making it impossible to locate EACH DENTIST AFTER THEY CAUSE MAJOR DAMAGES AND FEB.1st 2017 THIS YOUNG MAN 26 YEARS OF AGE DIED FROM A TOOTH INFECTION. This case is a senior abuse and the dentist malpractice should be majorly corrected!!!

I went to Western Dental Palmdale, CA Location for a really bad tooth infection, that eventually needed to be extracted. I was in so much pain that I was near tears. The Dentist informed me that it will need to be extracted at a later date but could fill the one cavity I had. I agreed. During the procedure I realized I was getting more than I agreed upon. She was extracting the infected tooth. It was the worse experience in my entire life. The pain was unbearable and I proceeded to inform her that I was in pain. Tears rolled out of my eyes. My head and mouth felt like it had exploded, and I really believed I was going to pass out. I felt helpless.

She refused to give me any more numbing medication even though I was in tears and didn't want to stop. After the procedure, I was very angry and in so much pain. She did not care that I was in pain and didn't give me in antibiotics or anything for my pain. I would never ever in my entire life go back to this place again. They do not care about their patients, well at least this woman didn't.

This dental group is the worst ever, across the country. Do not have work done by a Western Dental dentist! In my town, the local dentists refuse to discuss them out of concern that a potential patient might confuse a comment for a referral! My sister went into an office to have one tooth pulled, she was put to sleep first. When she woke up, she was in a different room and chair and instead of one tooth pulled, she was missing six! Beware.

I started going to Western Dental (march ln. in Stockton Ca.) last May. My first exam had me very angry, dentist did not make a good first impression! However I have grown to like her very much. She is great with me, very patient! (I have always had an extreme fear of the dentist. Since being a small child.) The problem is that I needed a lot of dental work which included quite a few fillings. Every time I get fillings done they fall out within the first week - Everytime, over & over & over. Currently we are still dealing with this problem. Last Friday I had two more fillings replaced which fell out today. This has never happened in my entire life! I've never had fillings fall out... Now it's constant. I don't understand what's going on. Is it something different western dental does or uses? So frustrating.

First of all I am on dialysis and I'm on disability. My insurance covered the x-ray. I needed to get a partial for my missing teeth. In order for them to replace a partial they needed to pull some other tooth out. I had to get a clearance from my doctor because of my blood pressure. My doctor signed an ok. When I came back my blood pressure was still high. They said they can't do the procedure. So they gave me the piece that they were suppose to replace and charge me 1200 dollars for something that I'm not using. Now I got put on collections. My credit was really good. With me being on dialysis every night does not help. I don't know what to do and I still have the piece. Why did they do that to me? Nothing was done and I was charge 1200 dollars!!! I was so angry but what can I do?

In 2016 I visited the Western Dental office in Hawthorne, CA for a root canal. Connie in the administration office told me that I could make monthly installment payment for the cost of the root canal. I agreed and signed off to allow Western Dental to deduct $115.00 a month from my checking account until the last payment in October 2016. On October 31, 2016 I check with my bank and didn't see the withdrawal of the final payment so I called Western Dental to inquire as to why they didn't withdraw the money, they told me "no problem we can take your final payment over the phone now." I told the person on the line "ok as long as you don't take the money out of my account and confirm that no more payments are necessary." He told me no future payments will be withdrawn from my account. I believed him.

3 days later Western Dental withdrew $115.00 from my bank account. I have been on the phone with Western Dental's incompetent employees ever since trying to get my refund. I called the local office and they told me to call corporate, corporate told me to call customer service Refunds. No one answers the phone, you can only leave a message and hope that Western Dental staff will call back but they don't. I was told by Western Dental in a Texas office to contact Patient Relations and speak with a complaint staffer named Jessica who was absolutely no help at all. As a matter of fact she didn't want to help me at all and told me to go back to the local office in Hawthorne. I have contact a channel 2 investigative reporter to look into all the similar complaints about how horrible Western Dental is. Just a word of advice and warning DO NOT GO TO ANY WESTERN DENTAL OFFICES, they are the worst!!!

Worst place ever. I will no longer be going to any Western Dental from now on. They have been messing up since the first time I went there. I had gone for general and ortho a few years ago and for some reason they created 2 accounts for the same amount for my ortho treatment and it had gone into collections due to not paying the duplicate account. I brought it to the attention of the billing department and they did fix it within a month so I thought that was not so bad. Since then it’s always been the long wait times just to be seen. I have had another problem with my billing when I was advised they no longer do the $77 a month payment plan and changed to $99 in auto pay. I agreed to the new terms. In the next few months I get notices that I have a balance due and I call to check what’s going on. Turns out the change in the amount was never processed and I had to pay the difference that was due.

I pay the balance and sign another EFT authorization. Now these guys charge me twice a month for $77 and $99. I did not notice right away so here I go again to the office to fix it. So far the payments are ok now. Now today in the mail I got a collections notice for $176 past due. I called right away to the Western Dental billing to see what is going on. Earlier this year I had gone for a general dental checkup but due to the wait in the lobby and then waiting in the back for a dentist I had decided to reschedule. A week after that I get a call from collection due to not paying. How can I be billed when no services were rendered? I remember getting an estimate. I had to call back to the billing department and make a claim but I guess these idiots never actually processed it after I was told it would be ok. Nothing but problems. Stay away from here. Now I have to fix the mess this office has made.

My husband went to Western Dental in Hemet to have his teeth cleaned. By the time he left - 3 hours later - he had incurred - according to them - a bill for almost $1,500!!! Then there was another amount due of $189.60 for a toothbrush and mouth rinse they sent him home with! Almost $1,700 for 3 hours of dental work!! And he never got a copy of any paperwork except the $189.60 toothbrush which they refused to take back one hour after he left. This is "company" is nothing but a scam. I found over 600 rip off complaints against them online in just 5 minutes. DON'T EVER - EVER - USE THIS BUSINESS! They're absolute crooks.

In the less than 1 year they had changed names 3 times. While I was having some work done they saw I needed a partial denture that would wrap all the way around my mouth since they say they don't do 4-tooth bridgework. They pressured me in the chair to sign a contract. Once I got home and had time to think about it it was too late. Now they have turned me over to a collection agency for work they never did. What thieves!!! If you ever get recommendations for these people RUN!!! Now I need to talk to my company lawyer to see about what they can do to assist now that they have now ** up my credit now.

The process began about two months back, cannot find the exact date of the first appointments but should have known then I would have difficulty. Limited with Denti-Cal. The first time I was scheduled for a denture repair, no technician and by that time I was hungry, distressed and tired. I lost my temper for the poor handling. We got them fixed finally. The suggestion was to replace them. Denti-cal will cover it. I said fine, informed them that my mouth was small and the dentures needed to be made accordingly. They are too large, no room in my mouth for food to chew. The edges gouge into my mouth and irritate my gums severely, they do not fit my gums. I cannot talk without them falling out of my mouth.

Dr. ** spent five minutes yelling at me. I was wrong, he was right. That to take the sides down would reduce the surface area of the dentures. Finally he did reduce them slightly. The bottom ones still gouge into the back of my mouth and the lower areas, under my tongue and the front of my gums. Dr. ** began the session by yelling at me after I said they don't fit, without listening to the problems. The other comment I remember during his rant is that my gums would grow into the new dentures. I found no research to back that. Rather my gums will continue to shrink, especially with loose fitting dentures. Because of my disorder there is not much else I remember of what he said. The nurse just stood there looking at the floor and did nothing.

I have chronic post traumatic stress disorder. Being in a dentist office causes me severe anxiety and distress. No one wanted to know that. Dr ** would not listen. I did yell back, by that time I was in tears and embarrassed, humiliated. I left. I will not return. I need the dentures adjusted to fit my mouth. I have tried to eat, wear them, but I cannot. I know I have to adjust to a new pair, I get that, just as I had to adjust to the first ones. The dentist I saw 20+ years ago took great care in educating me in this process. I did my homework, I know a hard lining can be put in that will help adjust them to my mouth. Even a soft lining can be used for a short time. Dr. ** refused.

The first dentist I saw there passed me to Dr. ** because he did not want to deal with a difficult patient. Had I been listened to, rather than ignored, I would not have been distressed and "difficult." I was told not to expect them to fit like my old ones. That I could not expect to have these new ones fit like them. I get that. But I do expect to have them adjusted to fit my mouth. I do not do well with being yelled at, no more than I do when I am hungry and have to take time out of work, for which I do not get paid, to be told that I cannot be helped. I apologized for my outburst and did my best to make it right.

I was told not to go to Western Dental, that they have a poor reputation for this type of treatment for the patients, that their services are poor. I did more homework after the fact, I found no complimentary reviews that convinced me that I made the right choice. I want my dentures adjusted to fit my mouth. Denti-cal paid for them, but I pay my taxes, so I am not a charity. I believe those of us on government services deserve the best treatment available. Yet I am finding that to be a misled belief.

Out of work for some time (don't blame me; my age and career have brought me to this point, and yes, still looking for work, even abroad), I availed myself of Medi-Cal and 1Dental membership for teeth that seriously need attention beyond what I can give them - hence the call to WD to get an idea and hopefully get the needed work addressed.

Went to the Vacaville, CA office, gave them both cards, was told "We'll use this one first, then this one". Was taken in for xrays and exam. The assistant went out of the exam area and returned with a proposal of $10k+. I said thanks, but no. She left and returned with an update to $6k+. Had they applied any discounts from the cards I gave, these would have been factored in already, so they either didn't apply them at first, or padded the estimate anyway. She handed me the only paperwork I got from them, one page with my FICO at the top and two payment plans for services that were not itemized. She said to hurry up before the end of the month when they change their financing schemes.

I said I'm ill prepared to agree to such a deal right now, but thanks. She said, as she deleted line by line a bunch of stuff on her screen, that today's visit was my free exam and xrays anyway so I wouldn't be charged. All I could see on there were several entries in one column that read "400-something", maybe some code. She went pretty fast. I asked at the desk on the way out, and they said all done.

This week I took from the mail a notice apparently from their collections people for 'an attempt to collect a debt' of $321.30, of which I'd paid $0.00. Nice trick, scammers. I entered into NO agreement for the services, received NO service that I was told was not free, NO detail of charges or work to be done, and NO prior bill. This agency is supposedly correspondent with both discount/coverage plans for which I presented eligibility.

Calls to the their central number only get me "That department is closed right now" or a voicemail. This is abuse of process, fraud and deceit. In light of WD's hideous record of fraud, malfeasance and lies, I am preparing to file suit for damages, including impact of having to pay this bogus fee and deleterious effect upon my immediate plans for travel for work pursuit imposed by an expense that I both said I did not agree to and was told was free.

I can file IFP at my level of finances, and I'm considering naming those individuals who were part of this process as well - they were part of the scam and they have incomes and assets that may help to redress what threatens to become a protracted loss - it's already consumed several hours' worth of time that should have been better spent before the flight for which I've saved, bought and was on my way to a better job environment. I am further, today, filing complaints with any pertinent State and Federal agencies.

Now I'll have plenty of time to sit here and do nothing productive but seek proper redress for this crime against my financial security and good name, as now I have to stay here to receive any further mailings regarding their next scam or risk having my credit shot while I'm in the dark for months to come. It looks like a quick $321.30 to them; now paid, it hits me well hard right now. What do they care? I'll make them care, for a change.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK. This office and dentists are horrible. My original appointment went fine. X-rays but never got a whole exam. I was told I needed root canals and filling and deep cleaning under gums. I have Denti-Cal so they do not pay for any of those except fillings. 10/14/16 I had 2 extractions which went fine. I was given a stay plate that day which cost me $400.00. They told me that after the swelling from extraction went down they would make any adjustments needed. I went back for check up 10/20/16 and all was fine. Scheduled fillings of 3 teeth for 10/26/16. They took me back and I waited to get numb. I asked about them fixing my stay plate as it was loose and had 2 very tiny holes in it that were getting food in that I could not remove. It needed to be cleaned and sealed. I was told that they would have to take a new impression in order to fix it. They told me it would take about 1 hour to fix.

I couldn't wait as I live an hour away from the office and had to pick up my son from school. I made appointment for the next day at 10:30 am. I was given 1 vial of numbing medication for 3 different teeth. I was told that if I felt any pain to raise left hand. Well a little bit of drilling into the first tooth I could feel it and raised my hand. I was told that she (dentist) was almost done drilling. Then she had to scrape and drill a bit more I raised my hand again. She said that she was done. Started drilling on my next tooth which hurt as well and raised my hand. She said "you are feeling it because the numbing med I gave you is not as strong and the regular stuff we use." Why wouldn't they give more if they know it doesn't work as good? (I have a reaction to **.) She refused to give me more so I had to bear it. Really don't understand why I had to suffer when they get paid for the items they use.

I now have rough fillings. They are not smooth like all the other ones from several other dentists I have used. Showed up to appointment early. It was at 10:30 I got there at 10:00. At 10:55 I asked how much longer it was going to be. I wasn't having any work done I just needed my stay plate. I was told I was next. Around 11:05 I was called back. Guess what my stay plate that only takes an hour to fix was NOT done. So I waited until 11:25. When it was brought out it looked funny. So I gave it a try. It didn't fit in my mouth I couldn't get it to click into place. So the girl who made it adjusted the wires that hold it in place. It still wouldn't fit. So I got mad and also said that they could have cleaned that holes out not just seal the food in it. I was told I would have to wait for a dentist. Every chair in the back was occupied. They only have 2 dentists that I am aware of at this office.

I waited until 11:55 am (1.5 hours after appointment time) and I wasn't there for any work. So I took my stay plate up to the front. Told them I wanted my money back that this was a joke. I have had a stay plate for 7 years and have never had this problem. I was told that I would have to wait for the manager to call me about the money. Another girl from the front said that the dentist wanted me to wait. I did enough waiting I want my money back. So now I am waiting to hear from the manager.

This is the worst place ever!!! My dad went to the Folsom office and was sold products he didn't need. He was charged almost $200!!! He thought this was included in the cleaning that was over $1000!!! I called the office while he was in there and said to them “ONLY do the cleaning and X-Rays. Do not do anything else or sell him anything.” I spoke with multiple people in the office and told them that! Now they don't want to take it back. They are totally taking advantage of an elderly man. Calling my CC company. Hopefully they will help.

My dentist charged my 165.00 dollars for a tooth brush I didn't need. And I went back the next day to return it. They would not take it back. They said they don't give refunds... They are Selling patients products that they don't need. And their prices are too high... They tell you need lots of work to be done, but it's not true.

On Saturday 10/22/2016 after starting braces on my 17 year old daughter the previous week, she needed to have two of her lower teeth extracted to make room. Dr. ** at the Pasadena, Ca location sent her home with no pain medication and only a prescription for antibiotics. After two days of suffering with the pain, and not able to attend marching band practice today because of it, I made her an appointment to have the extractions looked at.

After sitting in the waiting room fro 38 minutes to be seen, my daughter went back and saw Dr. ** who told her that everything was fine and that the pain is normal and would last for a week or more. Upon my daughter telling me this, I immediately asked to speak with the Doctor myself, the Doctor's assistant when asked about the pain medication informed me that she was sent home on Saturday with pain medication and antibiotics, to which I informed her that no she was not, just the antibiotics.

We are far from junkies and my daughter is in a lot of pain, can't eat, so what am I supposed to do?? Over the counter ** does nothing for her, she has never even taken pain medication before, so telling me that this is normal??? This is far from normal, I have had several teeth extracted in my lifetime and have ALWAYS been sent home with some sort of pain medication. Do yourselves a favor and don't use Western Dental. They could care less about their patients.

I came into a Western Dental office for full upper dentures which Denti-Cal covers. I received X-rays and advice on treatment. I was told that I would benefit from an all-on-four denture. I was not decided but I came in on the second visit for the impression to be made of both the upper and lower areas. Denti-Cal of course does not cover an all-on-four denture and I signed a 12,000.00 contract of which I put a down payment of over 1,500.00.

However upon reading the contract that night I found it murky and open ended in which extras not mentioned in the contract could be added. I found the identification as to the type of implants were simply called bone. The very denture itself was billed at only 130.00 which made no sense for an all-on-four denture. Further there were no guarantees expressed or even implied as to the work to be done. The only point expressed in the contract other than the money I owed was that called through the truth in lending practice.

So six days after signing the contract, I cancelled it formally in the dental office. I was told that I would need to wait to receive the 1,500.00 deposit money according to their processing. Well after many calls and waiting, I received only 500.00 and this after 5 and one-half months of waiting. After disputing the charges with corporate and the dental office I was told that I had another 700.00 coming but I would need to wait again. I have so far been treated with disdain and without the professionalism one would expect with a company so well known.

I still don't expect a resolution any time soon But I advise that anyone before signing with Western Dental or any contract, please take it home and read it. I was not even offered a chair to sit down in to read mine in the dental office I was in and like a fool I hurried up and signed it. My own experience showed me that Western Dental will foot drag as long as possible so if anyone does sign and change their mind, like I did, prepare for a very, very, long wait as I am still waiting.

Dentist said the filling on my top/front tooth will be large. He suggested root canal. I agreed to it. 3 separate visits for this. On my 3rd visit he informed me I would also need $900 and something dollars because medical only was covering the root canal. Not a crown! ON TOP FRONT TOOTH! I'm on medical/food stamps - I don't have any money! They really should have told me this when he talked me out of the filling! Now WTF?

This is my 90 yr old father's experience: My father went to the West LA location at 12420 Venice Blvd, LA, Ca, 90066. He went for a basic teeth cleaning and was told he should get long term care for a deep cleaning process. He was coerced by **, the dentist there and he signed a long term contract for $2,019!! He paid $500 up front for toward future services. I called them up and I said, "There must be a mistake!! My dad is 90 yrs old, a Holocaust survivor!! Who would sign someone that old to a long term contract!?!" They said, "We explained to him and he signed. He has to pay now!!" So upsetting this type of elder abuse!!! Beware of anyone you know who is elderly going there!!! They are crooks!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Western Dental & Orthodontics began with a single location in Los Angeles more than 100 years ago. It now has more than 200 offices throughout Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas. The practices offer general dentistry services, orthodontics, dentures and dental implants.

• Options: In addition to dental services for the whole family, Western Dental offers dentures and dental implants. Dentists at each location can help patients decide which option is best for them.
  • Free consultation: Patients interested in learning about which options might be suitable for them can contact Western Dental 24 hours a day by phone to schedule a free consultation.
  • Schedule online: Both new and existing patients can schedule an appointment online without needing to call their local Western Dental office.
  • Financing: Western Dental & Orthodontics offers financing directly to patients so they don’t have to use credit cards or other outside financing. Even those with poor credit histories may qualify for financing.
  • Insurance: Patients can see a complete list of accepted dental insurance plans on Western Dental’s website. Practices in California accept Denti-Cal, making them one of the largest Denti-Cal providers.
  • Best for patients in Arizona, California, Nevada or Texas, especially those looking for direct financing from their dentist.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions