Western Dental & Orthodontics

Multiple California Locations

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Catastrophic experience - We have all heard of those tragedies when a hopeful patient goes in for treatment and ends up dying. I was too close to being one of those statistics. I have never experienced injections as painful to the point of intolerable, nor have I ever been treated with such indifference by a dentist as I experienced at Western Dental in Santa Maria CA. My pain level with the extraction of a molar was excruciating and afterwards I began to go in to severe hypertension crisis.

I expressed my alarming symptoms to the dentist which included a sudden severe migraine-like pain in the back of my head, pounding heart and tremors. He asked the nurse to take my blood pressure. It was 200. I was told by the nurse to "just relax in the chair for a while." I was in full crises mode and was not given any oral drug whatsoever to counter this often deadly or debilitating occurrence. Instead the nurse was told to check my blood pressure again in a little while. I was left in the cubicle in extreme distress.

It was by the grace of God these symptoms lessened over the next 40 minutes and I was able to exit the office. I contacted my physician immediately. She was appalled and expressed that responsible action by the attending dentist should have been exercised immediately. In the strongest terms I would urge anyone to find another Dental Group other than Western Dental and in particular the Santa Maria office. To bring a child there or an elderly person should be unthinkable. No one should ever experience such suffering at the hands of their dentist. For me personally it could have been a matter of life or death.

I was waiting for an hour in the reception and finally the assistant came to do x-ray for me. And let me sit on the dentist chair, 1 hour and 15 minutes passed, no dentist came. A few assistants and 1 dentist was just chatting. I gave up and left without seeing the dentist. Very bad experience. I will never recommend to anyone. VERY BAD SERVICE!!!

I had to leave early two weeks ago because they had me waiting a hour and a half and I still had not went to the back. Now once again 2 weeks later I'm waiting 2 hours in the back. It's ridiculous how slow and unorganized these people are. I hope they close this office down or get better management.

If I could give them sub-zero stars I would. Firstly, Anthem Dental Plan (my insurance company) has few dentists in their plan. This group is one that accepts new patients. When we hit the door they asked me for my daughter's MediCal card, even though we have health and dental insurance, which sets the tone of this place. Rude, unprofessional, and squeezing you for every dime without caring at all about the actual dental services they provide. The waits are long, the office staff is generally rude, and the billing department is horrid. This dental office is an assembly line combined with office tactics that are akin to a third rate snake oil salesmen. Run screaming! You would find better care in a third world country.

I received excellent care from Dr. ** as well as the staff at the Santa Rosa office. The dental assistants, Rose and Jen were kind, gentle and efficient. The previous dental office RHHC, I went to recommended two teeth be pulled and implants put in at a cost of over $25,00.00. Dr ** was able to save my teeth! I needed a root canal and a crown for my broken tooth. They saved my smile and they saved me thousands of dollars! I would recommend Western Dental as an ethical business with superior doctors and an excellent staff. Thank you Dr. **!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Dental & Orthodontics?

My daughter went to Western Dental in Pasadena to get a checkup and possible teeth cleaning. She told me she was pressured into signing an agreement for an 18-month payback on services that couldn't possibly be correct. She was going to be charged $1236 for periodontal cleaning! In addition, there were charges of $750 for "antibiotic" treatment and $320 for gingival irrigation. I talked to my regular dentist and found that these were horrendous overcharges. My dentist charges me $160 for complete teeth cleaning and $50 for xrays. I know she is honest. I've never seen anything like this in my 65 years of living on this earth. I will never go to Western Dental for any future treatment for my daughter.

For the last 3 months the office at La Puente have double bill and was a chain reaction on my bank that I end up with over $400.00 overdraft. I have communicated this to the office but they just saying that submit a request to get a refund. On 3 months they took 3,330 over 1,568 plus the $400.00 overdraft. All they said, "We already submit the request." Where would I need to get in touch to solve this matter?

Basically, the "dentist" aka sales doc Manu ** (let me put her on blast) gave me 3 min of her time. Right away to the $$$ part plan A... suggested 2 crowns. I told her I wasn't planning on saving the tooth because I can't afford it. Plan B... so she suggested a cleaning that's not covered by Denti-Cal. Then disappeared... left me w/ her "assistant" aka finalizer. She mentioned NOTHING about any of the 5 cavities a previous dentist (elsewhere) I saw a few days ago. I said to the asst., "What about getting my cavities done?" She says, "Oh, the Dr didn't say anything about that. The x-rays didn't show that." I said, "You can see by looking w/ the eyes." She said, "Maybe they're coffee stains???" THIS IS BS... Nothing but sales BS! In fact... this sounds like dental neglect. Hmm.

This chain claims to accept insurance but they do not. I have insurance that will cover what I need but they want to paid 6,000.00 more on it. They try to force you into the care credit card and won't acknowledge your insurance coverage at all. This is the worst dental experience anywhere. Be careful of what you agree to here.

People be very cautious... First of all prior to treatment call your insurance and find out what your insurance covers. Because the staff from Western Dental will tell you that your insurance will pay certain amount and tell you your portion that you are responsible to pay... However, it's all a lie. You will be BILLED. I received a bill for $520.40 from Western Dental the one in Huntington Park, CA.

Of course I called them and they explained that my insurance did not pay them therefore, I need to pay. I got all the info and then proceeded to call my insurance. My insurance told me that Western Dental were NOT to charge me for some things they were charging. Well my bill came down to $333, according to my insurance. I called Western Dental back and explained the situation. Of course they had to adjust the price but they still charge me $3.85 for a Hallow tip brush and $3.85 for a short tip brushed used in my regular cleaning... Insane. Final outcome: from $520.40 down to $340.70 but my insurance had said $333.

DON'T BELIEVE WHAT WESTERN DENTAL STAFF THEY TELLS YOU. GO BASED ON WHAT YOUR INSURANCE TELLS YOU. It all depends on your type of insurance. They will charge you the toothpaste and mouthwash. Hahaha, no wonder they are growing in clinics. From all the money they charge and they charge the clients much more than what you should pay.

I am being treated like a criminal!!! I have been a patient of Western Dental for over 3 years now going to the same San Marcos office. Overall it was ok for a dentist. Nobody really enjoys the experience but we do have certain standards that we as patients expect... Cleanliness, to be treated with respect and communication of dental services. I am on Medi-Cal so my covered services are mostly X-rays and silver fillings (Which I am not complaining one bit. I feel blessed to even have them done at all). And cleanings which I have never had done even though I have asked many times for them to do since it is covered. But 3 years later no cleaning... I should have known that my "Best interest" was not a concern from them since my first visit I was told that I should strongly think about getting full dentures since MediCal covers them...

She went on to saying that they have come a long way over the years blah blah blah. I was almost convinced but then I snapped out of it and said I am 43 years old and do not want my teeth pulled out and wear dentures. The dentist seemed disappointed but went on to making a treatment plan that was covered by my insurance. I went back for a lot of appointments mostly for fillings. Well Tuesday night I Iost a pretty big chunk of my filling that left a hole exposed down to the nerve. It hurts bad even when I breathe and air hits it. Besides that I have been having a weird gum thing happening. They are not bleeding but very inflamed and going over my teeth. Very painful. I took 1000 mgs of ** to help put me to sleep but woke up hurting throughout the night... So I called yesterday (May 24th 2017) to make an appointment after being put on hold off and on for over 20 minutes (Because they couldnt find me in the computer).

They came back on to tell me that they are sorry but I am blocked from appointments. I was like WHATT. Blocked from appointments... Why?? They said for debt... I was shocked and didnt understand because I never authorized any treatment not covered by Medi-Cal. I was then transferred to another representative. Was then told that this an old debt in collections from 2005. I asked her why is this happening now. I have been going to ongoing treatment and appointments for 3 years now. She just started to give me another number to call. Being in both pain and confusion I called and it was Western Dental Collections Department I once again was asked my name, birthdate etc and put on hold again for 5-10 minutes. I asked him what is going on. What is this. He told me it's an outstanding debt from 2005 for $538.00 at Oceanside office.

I told him that I dont have any kind of collections on my credit report. I have excellent credit. He interrupted me and said this doesnt show on your credit report so I asked. Well how was I supposed to know about this 12 years later... He said until I pay it I can not be seen at any Western Dental branch. I asked him if this was legal because I know that hospitals don't turn away patients because they owe a bill. He said rudely with a louder voice and tone, "This is NOT a hospital and we can deny anybody services". This is a business and you were provided services so you have to pay.

I just hung up. I didn't want to say something I may (Or may not) regret saying. I suffer from major depression and anxiety disorder so this experience is NOT definitely not good for me. Especially knowing that my 72-year-old grandmother passed away in her sleep from an infection in her mouth from a bad tooth. The infection went to her heart. I am going to put in a call to Medi-Cal to explain my dilemma and try to find another provided dentist because unfortunately, only Western Dental is where we are all sent to go. So I truly hope that Medi-Cal will look into the way we are all treated as patients. In Jesus's mighty name. They will be exposed because They are a non-compassionate, shady business. Thank you for listening and letting me vent. God bless!!

Stop whatever incentives you are giving employees. It is horrible. When you try to make an appointment they keep trying to schedule it as a new client and then your appointment gets canceled every time. I was trying to get in for my three kids before our insurance expired. I tried for 60 days with four different appointments and every single one of them got canceled. They had notes on their chart not to cancel my appointment anymore and they still did. I never did get in before my insurance expired. When I called him to talk to someone higher they asked me if I was calling to make a complaint. I said yes and then they told me they wouldn't put me through and hung up on me, and even though I kept telling them I wasn't a new client they kept putting me down as a new client.

Western Dental Services, Inc. people are not telling the truth when they are talking to you verbally and what is written in the contract that they will let you sign. They only want your money. They told me that the treatment will be based upon the procedure has been done and the amount of contract that they let me signed is not the true amount that I will be paying because it will all depend on the treatment which they presumed that would only last up to 6 to 8 months.

Because the braces is already in the final stage when we went to them July 2016, which actually they dont have plans to stop until I made a second opinion to another orthodontist which advises me to tell Western Dental that it should stop since, and now they are telling to pay the full amount of the contract which 3500 usd for a 8 months treatment of just adjusting the wires. I hope and pray that Western Dental Services should consider what they had told to their patients and not making the excuse that the person who made the contract before is no longer employed in the company. I want to seek legal advice.

I went in first time for X-rays and a cleaning both covered by Medi Cal. After the X-rays the dentist came in and said "Good job. No cavities but your gums are receding so you need deep scaling and antibiotics after." The business office manager came back with a proposal of $927. I said I'm on Medi Cal and can't afford it. She says they have a credit card company I can use. Stupid me I signed the contract instead of getting a second opinion. Now I do not recall any line itemized just an amount and a charge for $167 for a toothbrush and rinse. I said no to that. So they did the scaling which took about 20 minutes with no local anesthesia but what she did was really a regular cleaning and charged me $240 for a terrible job.

I complained to dentist and she tried to get the stains off to no avail. Then they show me this video about an antibiotic called ** which she says dentists use after scaling instead of laser. Well she does this treatment and then I see the detailed bill. $660 for the **. Now I'm getting upset because I do not recall lined items on the bill and I would never have agreed to $660 for an antibiotic! Anyway, I feel screwed because I signed the contract. I truly believe they added the line items after I signed but can't be certain. Anyway, there are so many complaints about this company that they should be shut down for their business practices. Run away from Western Dental!

March I called to make an appointment to have a very rotten tooth removed. They gave me an appointment for 4-28. Between March and today 4-24 I received 3 calls from Western Dental. All 3 calls I can't understand the number to call back. I call the # I made the appointment with just to find out the office is closed, reopen end of April. It gave me an 800# to call. The man I talked to didn't understand why I was calling. All the message said was to call them. He tells me, "I guess they just want to make sure you'll make the appointment." I said, "Yes the tooth is making me sick!"

A little over a week later I get another message saying to call them. Again I'm told, "Just making sure you'll make the appointment." Again I tell them YES! I had to go to the hospital on 4-28 but I rescheduled so I can get this bad tooth out. Today 4-24 I get my third call. I tried for a half an hour to understand them. I couldn't so I asked my friend to listen after 15 min. We think we got the call back number. I get the same man I talked to the first time. Again he doesn't understand why I'm calling.

I told him, "This is the third time you've called me and you don't know why you keep calling me!" Then he says, "Oh here. There is a note. We need to reschedule your appointment!" I asked if he was kidding. "I to go to the hospital but cancelled it to get this rotten tooth out. Now you're telling me you have to reschedule my appointment!" He wants me to come back June 8 to have my tooth out. I told him, "The tooth is making me sick. It's so bad and now you want me to wait 4 months to remove one tooth!!!" He tells me that's the soonest appointment they have! He couldn't understand why I was upset! I hung up and will find another dentist.

I made it very clear that I am on Disability and Medical/Medicaid and they refused treatment when I told them I was going to a Dental School Free Program for implants after extractions as all my teeth had to be removed. All I needed was them to make Dentures afterward which I WAS covered for and they refused me and asked me why I even came to them. I now have to go with no teeth and Denti CAL already said ok to the dentures. I am 63 and can no longer eat regular food! I would be so happy and blessed if someone could assist me! Thank you so much for listening.

Anyone else have Western Dental lose your personal Information??? There is a law against that. Anyone else file a grievance with the Corporate Office. Only to be told, "The Manager said your file is up to date as of the 11th of July 2016." I have my file, missing are the new Patient Packets filled out on 07/06 & 07/07/16. These are not included in my patient file # **. Personally, I'd like to organize a class action lawsuit stating, Violations of HIPPA, violations of the Professional Code of Conduct, Violations of The Calif. Code of Ethics.

Look this Manager is not being held accountable for the Standard of Care, she continually treats patients with discrimination and is very rude and uncaring. I don't think an Office Manager Should be making emergency dental work decisions, let alone have the final decision on which of the 9 ruptured broken teeth should the Oral Surgeon remove. Especially when in my case... all the most painful infected teeth were not approved by this woman. WTH??? This is what they left me with! Old wore out rotten teeth.

I just received a letter in the mail from them saying I owe them an additional 600 dollars because according to them my insurance didn't cover the rest of the cost. I never agreed to additional cost and I never signed for additional costs.

I give it a 0. This place sucks. I had my appointment at 10. People came and went. I asked the staff that sucks too when was I going to be called and she said in "you're next"... 20 minutes later they called another person that had just arrived. I would never go back here. And the place looks dirty and the staff even the dentist looks like they don't know what they are doing.

I was a long time customer/patient of Western Dental on 2nd Street in El Cajon. I have had many contracts with this company and the last one was a disaster. I signed a contract for 24 months and agreed to pay $150 a month. When the last bill came, I overpaid the total amount due. That was October 2016. When I asked that my overpayment be refunded, Western Dental went back through all of my contracts and came up with, they only owed me $43! They owed me $113!

I contacted BBB and they chose to accept my complaint. They told me that Western Dental never responded! I have now contacted Senior Service Legal Firms. I will not give up and I will not give in. Western Dental ripped me off big time! They offered me to "appeal" with their appeal department!! I will have no more to do with Western Dental or with any of their departments. They are just too inept. Instead, I will seek legal advice in order to obtain my proper refund. What a rip off!

This place need to be shut down. The business sucks and my bill was expensive. I set up arrangements to make payments monthly and it took me almost a year to pay them off and I have insurance. I just received a letter in the mail from them saying I owe them an additional 500 bucks saying that my insurance didn't cover the rest of the cost.

I got 7 fillings done and haven't been able to eat right since and it's been a year I kept going back to them to tell them to fix it or at least try to fix the situation, but I guess they got tired of me because on my second visit after my work one of the dentist yelled at me and she wasn't even the one who did my work. She tried to tell me I have to come back to see why are my filling causing me sensitivity. She made a appointment for me saying "come back when your insurance starts again." I clearly said I'm not coming back.

Western Dental is disorganized and hires incompetent people to do their finances. I gave them permission to debit my account on Friday and they did not and refused to see my child for their scheduled appointment. When I called they made me pay again and now my bank is charged over $800 and caused a check to bounce. They are giving me the runaround and it's like pulling teeth to receive any info. I find it absolutely disgusting!

If I could pick zero stars for Western Dental I would. First of all I came in for a single tooth extraction that I shattered a few days ago. Before I was even seen they were trying to take X-rays of my whole head and mouth. I demanded that they just do the X-ray for the side of the tooth and was met by rude signs of disgust. Then after my initial examination they were trying to pull 6 teeth, do a deep clean and put in a partial (He was very proud to say he could pull them all in one day). Then when I began to get upset about this he stated that I should take a series of sedatives to "calm down." Then after all that they then explained that they don't do payment plans through them anymore and that with my insurance it would only be 2687. RUN RUN RUN away from Western Dental. This is not the first time I have had problems with them.

Their license revoked! Incompetence at its highest level. Their HMO coverage should be included. What a racket! I have documents to prove a case. Two dentist in the same office did surgery while I have a infection which caused deadly infection proof 2/1/17 guy dead! Question the office manager after getting my tooth pulled why didn't someone tell me to have someone drive me. I can barely see. My eye is closed and the other won't stop tearing up. I'm alone. The front clerks laugh after the manager said to me, "What did you think. You just had surgery!" I was just stunned, went, and sat in my car. And almost had three accidents heading home.

Next appointment five days later after seeing my mouth never felt like the pain was decreasing still on pain pills. I trusted the dentist in doing the right thing three temporary crowns insured. All staff had left the office with just a dental assistant to put on the last temporary crown on my molar tooth. I sat there so long waiting. She place the crown on. I left. It broke just as I got home. I called 800 number the Western Dental appt. desk. She sent me back to the same location. The same dental assistant put a second crown on we were leaving together. I watch her turning some of the out the lights. I got home (10 minutes away) drove in the driveway the crown broke again. I called appt. Receptionist center 800 appt. desk she had left yet the receptionist stated to me what are they doing in that office? She said go back. I did just that. She put another temporary crown on the same molder.

Once I got home and closed my mouth the same crown she placed on the same molar it broke so I called her once again. She stated the dental assistant has left for the night to come in the morning be the first appointment in the office. I did that. The dentist arrived after waiting over a hour. I ask the dentist why didn't he say he was leaving me without finishing my services. He walked out without saying anything. I was still alarmed. The other assistant placed a temporary crown on the tooth the next day. My mouth never stopped hurting even after placing the permanent crowns. I go back and get permanently placed crowns inserted. He does impressions for dentures none I'm thinking it's a crown bridge because I had told the dentist I didn't want any more metal.

By this time I am on ** the pain still hasn't stop. My mouth is turning gray inside. Each other day I'm taking pictures with my cell phone. I leave nine days later my mouth is turning black inside. I called the receptionist 800 number. She makes a next day appt. At this time I am on panic mode. I asked the dentist what is going on with my dentist services. At this time the dentist looked in my mouth and I saw the panic look on his face. I started crying and he left me sitting in the examine chair returning with two prescriptions handing me a previous one written on the date I had a tooth pulled and one have the current date. And Ask me why Didn't I take the Voided slip of medicines. I was scared at this point because I just realized they didn't know what's going on. The dentist at this point told me to go to Kaiser Emergency NOW. GO NOW.

The dentist told me I had diabetes that is why your teeth won't heal. He went back to talk with the office manager telling he want a copy of my entire medical records and X-rays. At this time I truly realized how unprofessional the entire staffing were in the front office. I just wanted this to be over. I had no teeth. My mouth is in a serious condition and my insurance is their HMO so now I starting asking about a second opinion and saw that was going to be very difficult. I went to the next appointment because this office makes all your appointments in advanced even the last appt. on the first date of services. The dentist place the temporary dentures in my mouth. I felt like I was going the puke. He started taking pictures and writing taking pictures of both sides of my mouth.

When I open my mouth to tell he the fix was very uncomfortable I couldn't move my tongue. The top area of the denture laid on top of my tongue. I removed the denture to asked him is it supposed to fix where you can't talk? He replied it's only temporary. Now I'm not at anytime being disrespectful and at this point realizing he is just becoming abusive towards me and both my dentist don't like me. And I say both because at one time I thought my second dentist in the office was a dental assistant simply because he didn't do anything without asking the first dentist. So now I've gone the farthest I'm going to go without starting research. Went to the dental board making sure they are licensed.

Texted online researching the corporation office to speak to the head person in charge. (There was no luck calling to get this information because some of the numbers will tell you there is no one person in charge. Many numbers will tell you they don't know if there is a number because each location is in charge of itself.) I was giving fabricated information after realizing once I the particular subject is to file a complaint. I'm filing a complaint I will not get the information I'm looking for. I have proof once I contacted this location telling them everything that's happen to me to five different locations which were 800 numbers. I was assaulted tell all details of this first visited to date and to be told this is the wrong complaint's department. I call the HMO insurance and tell them this is a health concern five weeks after the first surgery. I want a second opinion and do not pay this bill. My mouth is in horrible condition.

At this time I had four different doctors stating there's still an infection and a host of other findings. I don't want these two dentist paid without services render. I don't pay in advance. I filed a complaint on everybody involved. The Head of the HMO told me to return to the dental of for a referral to get a second opinion. I walk in the door, saw the dentist was extremely angry while watching him trying to attack the office manager and the staff holding him back. I was in shock! I sat in the waiting area then they called me to go back in the examine chair. THE DENTIST CAME IN AND SHOUTED AT ME USING THE HIGHEST LEVEL spoken words ever. So close I could feel his hot breath in my face! The dentist he waved his finger in my face told me, "I don't care about you! I don't want to touch you! I don't care if you are sick!"

HE REPEATED "I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE SICK. I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU REPORTED ME TO THE insurance company. I don't want to touch you!" My eyes started tearing up. I just said "I have major pain in my mouth. It hasn't stopped hurting since your appointment and I want a second opinion." The Dentist Yelled at the assistant and told her to take a Xray of my tooth. I ask the Xray tech for copies of all my Xrays in this office. I saw this was a unsafe moment. I didn't know what to say so I apologize for making him upset and told him I don't know what was said to him. I just want to be made whole! He shook my hand. I knew at this point he should not be a doctor. How many people has he hurt?

I now have out of pocket expenses and no teeth. My fillings has fell out and needed addition surgery plus a referral to two different dental surgeries. Went to small claims court. Filed lawsuit. The dental office told the Marshals they had the wrong address!!! As if I was never there! So now I went to legal services referred by the courts. Now filing law claim against Western Dental Corporation. They rotate these dentist from office to office making it impossible to locate EACH DENTIST AFTER THEY CAUSE MAJOR DAMAGES AND FEB.1st 2017 THIS YOUNG MAN 26 YEARS OF AGE DIED FROM A TOOTH INFECTION. This case is a senior abuse and the dentist malpractice should be majorly corrected!!!

I went to Western Dental Palmdale, CA Location for a really bad tooth infection, that eventually needed to be extracted. I was in so much pain that I was near tears. The Dentist informed me that it will need to be extracted at a later date but could fill the one cavity I had. I agreed. During the procedure I realized I was getting more than I agreed upon. She was extracting the infected tooth. It was the worse experience in my entire life. The pain was unbearable and I proceeded to inform her that I was in pain. Tears rolled out of my eyes. My head and mouth felt like it had exploded, and I really believed I was going to pass out. I felt helpless.

She refused to give me any more numbing medication even though I was in tears and didn't want to stop. After the procedure, I was very angry and in so much pain. She did not care that I was in pain and didn't give me in antibiotics or anything for my pain. I would never ever in my entire life go back to this place again. They do not care about their patients, well at least this woman didn't.

This dental group is the worst ever, across the country. Do not have work done by a Western Dental dentist! In my town, the local dentists refuse to discuss them out of concern that a potential patient might confuse a comment for a referral! My sister went into an office to have one tooth pulled, she was put to sleep first. When she woke up, she was in a different room and chair and instead of one tooth pulled, she was missing six! Beware.

I started going to Western Dental (march ln. in Stockton Ca.) last May. My first exam had me very angry, dentist did not make a good first impression! However I have grown to like her very much. She is great with me, very patient! (I have always had an extreme fear of the dentist. Since being a small child.) The problem is that I needed a lot of dental work which included quite a few fillings. Every time I get fillings done they fall out within the first week - Everytime, over & over & over. Currently we are still dealing with this problem. Last Friday I had two more fillings replaced which fell out today. This has never happened in my entire life! I've never had fillings fall out... Now it's constant. I don't understand what's going on. Is it something different western dental does or uses? So frustrating.

First of all I am on dialysis and I'm on disability. My insurance covered the x-ray. I needed to get a partial for my missing teeth. In order for them to replace a partial they needed to pull some other tooth out. I had to get a clearance from my doctor because of my blood pressure. My doctor signed an ok. When I came back my blood pressure was still high. They said they can't do the procedure. So they gave me the piece that they were suppose to replace and charge me 1200 dollars for something that I'm not using. Now I got put on collections. My credit was really good. With me being on dialysis every night does not help. I don't know what to do and I still have the piece. Why did they do that to me? Nothing was done and I was charge 1200 dollars!!! I was so angry but what can I do?

In 2016 I visited the Western Dental office in Hawthorne, CA for a root canal. Connie in the administration office told me that I could make monthly installment payment for the cost of the root canal. I agreed and signed off to allow Western Dental to deduct $115.00 a month from my checking account until the last payment in October 2016. On October 31, 2016 I check with my bank and didn't see the withdrawal of the final payment so I called Western Dental to inquire as to why they didn't withdraw the money, they told me "no problem we can take your final payment over the phone now." I told the person on the line "ok as long as you don't take the money out of my account and confirm that no more payments are necessary." He told me no future payments will be withdrawn from my account. I believed him.

3 days later Western Dental withdrew $115.00 from my bank account. I have been on the phone with Western Dental's incompetent employees ever since trying to get my refund. I called the local office and they told me to call corporate, corporate told me to call customer service Refunds. No one answers the phone, you can only leave a message and hope that Western Dental staff will call back but they don't. I was told by Western Dental in a Texas office to contact Patient Relations and speak with a complaint staffer named Jessica who was absolutely no help at all. As a matter of fact she didn't want to help me at all and told me to go back to the local office in Hawthorne. I have contact a channel 2 investigative reporter to look into all the similar complaints about how horrible Western Dental is. Just a word of advice and warning DO NOT GO TO ANY WESTERN DENTAL OFFICES, they are the worst!!!

Worst place ever. I will no longer be going to any Western Dental from now on. They have been messing up since the first time I went there. I had gone for general and ortho a few years ago and for some reason they created 2 accounts for the same amount for my ortho treatment and it had gone into collections due to not paying the duplicate account. I brought it to the attention of the billing department and they did fix it within a month so I thought that was not so bad. Since then it’s always been the long wait times just to be seen. I have had another problem with my billing when I was advised they no longer do the $77 a month payment plan and changed to $99 in auto pay. I agreed to the new terms. In the next few months I get notices that I have a balance due and I call to check what’s going on. Turns out the change in the amount was never processed and I had to pay the difference that was due.

I pay the balance and sign another EFT authorization. Now these guys charge me twice a month for $77 and $99. I did not notice right away so here I go again to the office to fix it. So far the payments are ok now. Now today in the mail I got a collections notice for $176 past due. I called right away to the Western Dental billing to see what is going on. Earlier this year I had gone for a general dental checkup but due to the wait in the lobby and then waiting in the back for a dentist I had decided to reschedule. A week after that I get a call from collection due to not paying. How can I be billed when no services were rendered? I remember getting an estimate. I had to call back to the billing department and make a claim but I guess these idiots never actually processed it after I was told it would be ok. Nothing but problems. Stay away from here. Now I have to fix the mess this office has made.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Western Dental & Orthodontics began with a single location in Los Angeles more than 100 years ago. It now has more than 200 offices throughout Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas. The practices offer general dentistry services, orthodontics, dentures and dental implants.

• Options: In addition to dental services for the whole family, Western Dental offers dentures and dental implants. Dentists at each location can help patients decide which option is best for them.
  • Free consultation: Patients interested in learning about which options might be suitable for them can contact Western Dental 24 hours a day by phone to schedule a free consultation.
  • Schedule online: Both new and existing patients can schedule an appointment online without needing to call their local Western Dental office.
  • Financing: Western Dental & Orthodontics offers financing directly to patients so they don’t have to use credit cards or other outside financing. Even those with poor credit histories may qualify for financing.
  • Insurance: Patients can see a complete list of accepted dental insurance plans on Western Dental’s website. Practices in California accept Denti-Cal, making them one of the largest Denti-Cal providers.
  • Best for patients in Arizona, California, Nevada or Texas, especially those looking for direct financing from their dentist.

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions