Multiple California Locations

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Western Dental & Orthodontics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Dental & Orthodontics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Dental & Orthodontics?

Original review: May 6, 2022

DO NOT COME HERE! I came back to this office since it was so close to my home but I am leaving it again! The providers are fine but the support staff is just awful! The front office girl is incompetent!!! I was never told that they were not able to accommodate my appointment because they not able to verify my insurance. She just kept calling the wrong number instead of researching my file from a year ago which had my cell phone on it. Then she didn't put me down as honoring my appointment so 4 people called me from Western Dental the next day! After the 4th call it started to feel like harassment. I am definitely changing providers. And here I am on hold for 20 minutes now trying to cancel my appointment. This place is joke!! I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: May 2, 2022

They got me to sign up for their "discount program" and now I am paying $12.25 a month and they will not let me cancel it! I have called numerous times and they keep telling me I must email them and that's the only way. NOBODY EVER RESPONDS TO THE EMAIL REQUESTS!!!! Don't be fooled like I was! Not only could I not afford their outrageous prices I can't afford this discount program. Also, they wanted to charge me thousands for all this work, refused to just pull the tooth. They said was unable to be saved with a root canal. I went somewhere else who not only did the root canal and saved the tooth, but they also only charged me $375!!!! Beware of Western Dental!

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I have 4 kids, ages 10-15 years old, all whom have braces. I made the mistake of buying in to this money hungry scam when I went to Western dental. I’m paying $150/child a month for braces, $612 total. It gets really hard to keep up with those payments, but let me just say if I’m one day late I have western dental calling my phone 16 times a day until the payment is made. Not to mention hundreds of dollars in late fees.

We also live an hour away from the office, and I requested for all appointments to be made after school only, I also have 2 kids very involved in sports so there have been a few occasions where I had to reschedule appointments due to football games and track meets, only to find out later on that I was being charged $25 for every rescheduled orthodontist appointment, for each one of my kids. That’s $100 and I feel like I’m in the biggest financial scam right now. It makes me sick! Another issue I’m having is that if I’m late on any one of my payments, they won’t see my kids until it’s paid up. I hate this place and wish I knew better before I got locked into this nightmare!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid. Western Dental is not much more than a scam for upselling patients on unnecessary dental work. Read their online reviews or just google the company, they've been brought up on fraud charges multiple times.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

This is the worst Western Dental I have ever been to. The professional is at a all time low especially Alejandra **. First off they did not allow me to go in the back with my minor child that's 9. They said no parents allowed. My child has so many traumas and is scared to be left alone with strangers. They still did not care and refused to let me wait with her. The worker whose card is attached even went as far as screaming and cursing telling me to get the ** out if I don't like the rules. No matter what the situation was the professionalism was at a all time low. I work in healthcare and I know that minors always require a parent, I also know we pride and strive for our customer's satisfaction unless this location! Please don't go here. They'll just be on their cell watching videos having side conversations and being rude to members! I'm officially canceling and switching my insurance.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

My daughter was in Reno, NV and needed service for her tooth that was chipped while we were traveling. I found a location on S. Virginia St. The doctor was very pleasant and he worked with my daughter. They told me the price and I was fine with it. They even told me we can have a payment plan, even better. So I made the first payment in the office of $400 dollars then I left my credit card information and they told me that every month $120 would be deducted. GREAT I thought. I am a busy person. I have all bills on auto draft, however a bill came in the mail and it was from Western Dental stating I was delinquent. I was furious so I called the main office in Reno and they looked in the chart and saw where I left the information and said they didn't know how this had happen and she would fix it.

So, over the phone she took my information again and said, "I am deducting the July payment right now with no late fees and August will be deducted automatically as scheduled. No worries." So I thought things were ok, great. Well, today my daughter calls me from college frantic about how a man was being very rude to her on the phone from Western Dental saying she owed money etc... NOW I AM PISSED! When I tried to call them back he was extremely rude with me and did not want to listen. I had to hang up on him.

I normally don't write reviews, being a business owner you try to respect the business, but this is ridiculous when honest people are trying to understand how you can fumble the ball with their credit card information and the other people on the other end don't want to try and understand or LISTEN. Like I said, I appreciate the DENTIST THAT DAY, but the billing department NEEDS WORK and I plan on filing on them if they put this on my credit because I did all the right things as a customer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I went to Western Dental on Fairway Drive in Roseville CA to get dentures. I have medical so this was my only choice for 50 miles. After my xrays I spoke with a coordinator, who told me dent-ical does not cover denture's so I would have to pay out of pocket. Luckily I looked this up before I went in. They absolutely did cover, and when I brought this up they scrambled to say they were adding upgrades, that's why it would not cover. They way over charge, lie and scheme, my dentures don't fit, I'm now without teeth, they keep rescheduling appointments, my mouth has been infected for 2 weeks now. This needs to stop! A company this corrupt and unprofessional needs to be shut down. I'm going to try to gather people who have been screwed over by western dental for a very large lawsuit. Contact me at ** if you have been put through it by this company.

Original review: June 2, 2021

My story is quite complicated. It has many layers: On May 21 I scheduled myself a deep clean. When I got there they told me I wasn't scheduled for any appointments. I'm 4 hours away so you can imagine how frustrated I was. Then found out my Dental Insurances was with a completely different company, not their fault though the rest of this story is! They lost ALL of my information and records so I had to submit my insurance again, then they found my info in my old files from 2017.

Kelly from Churn Creek Rd....extremely RUDE! The other staff, Megan was VERY nice! Weeks later my Dental Insurance is finally good to go! So I called to schedule an appt and Kelly tells me that they just sent off my authorization for my Deep Clean. I'm confused because I took x-rays back in February or March and yet they just sent them off on May 21???? Which makes no sense because this is the day I was lost in their system! I never ever had an appt on May 21!! Kelly....Remember this name! RUDE! She should lose her job!

Original review: May 23, 2021

They shook me down for $1,800 for bone graft. I've gone for months and they have pulled almost all my teeth but left the one in that hurt me the most. I have been humiliated talked down to and degraded. Their young employees back where the dental work is done are rude Punks with no empathy. These young people tried to humiliate me saying things like you don't have enough money to have your tooth cap so we're going to pull it. Some little punk girl. Another someone punk boy, told me I had a piece of jagged bone sticking out of my gum I knew better it was a broken tooth. These people are no good do not go to them. I gave them all the benefit of the doubt. I was warned by everybody I talked to not to go and I went anyway. God I'm stupid.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I have been trying to get a set of dentures for 6 months because Western Dental screwed up my impressions so I had to take impression 3 times so that means each appointment is 3 weeks long. They have screwed up my bite twice so that means I had to wait another 6 weeks. They screwed up making the dentures 3 times so that was another 9 weeks. After 6 months of trying to get a set of dentures I had enough. I am so angry

Western Dental & Orthodontics author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Western Dental & Orthodontics began with a single location in Los Angeles more than 100 years ago. It now has more than 200 offices throughout Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas. The practices offer general dentistry services, orthodontics, dentures and dental implants.

• Options: In addition to dental services for the whole family, Western Dental offers dentures and dental implants. Dentists at each location can help patients decide which option is best for them.

• Free consultation: Patients interested in learning about which options might be suitable for them can contact Western Dental 24 hours a day by phone to schedule a free consultation.

• Schedule online: Both new and existing patients can schedule an appointment online without needing to call their local Western Dental office.

• Financing: Western Dental & Orthodontics offers financing directly to patients so they don’t have to use credit cards or other outside financing. Even those with poor credit histories may qualify for financing.

• Insurance: Patients can see a complete list of accepted dental insurance plans on Western Dental’s website. Practices in California accept Denti-Cal, making them one of the largest Denti-Cal providers.

Western Dental & Orthodontics Company Information