Western Dental

Multiple California Locations

Compare Dentists and Doctors

Research top Dentists and Doctors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Out of work for some time (don't blame me; my age and career have brought me to this point, and yes, still looking for work, even abroad), I availed myself of Medi-Cal and 1Dental membership for teeth that seriously need attention beyond what I can give them - hence the call to WD to get an idea and hopefully get the needed work addressed.

Went to the Vacaville, CA office, gave them both cards, was told "We'll use this one first, then this one". Was taken in for xrays and exam. The assistant went out of the exam area and returned with a proposal of $10k+. I said thanks, but no. She left and returned with an update to $6k+. Had they applied any discounts from the cards I gave, these would have been factored in already, so they either didn't apply them at first, or padded the estimate anyway. She handed me the only paperwork I got from them, one page with my FICO at the top and two payment plans for services that were not itemized. She said to hurry up before the end of the month when they change their financing schemes.

I said I'm ill prepared to agree to such a deal right now, but thanks. She said, as she deleted line by line a bunch of stuff on her screen, that today's visit was my free exam and xrays anyway so I wouldn't be charged. All I could see on there were several entries in one column that read "400-something", maybe some code. She went pretty fast. I asked at the desk on the way out, and they said all done.

This week I took from the mail a notice apparently from their collections people for 'an attempt to collect a debt' of $321.30, of which I'd paid $0.00. Nice trick, scammers. I entered into NO agreement for the services, received NO service that I was told was not free, NO detail of charges or work to be done, and NO prior bill. This agency is supposedly correspondent with both discount/coverage plans for which I presented eligibility.

Calls to the their central number only get me "That department is closed right now" or a voicemail. This is abuse of process, fraud and deceit. In light of WD's hideous record of fraud, malfeasance and lies, I am preparing to file suit for damages, including impact of having to pay this bogus fee and deleterious effect upon my immediate plans for travel for work pursuit imposed by an expense that I both said I did not agree to and was told was free.

I can file IFP at my level of finances, and I'm considering naming those individuals who were part of this process as well - they were part of the scam and they have incomes and assets that may help to redress what threatens to become a protracted loss - it's already consumed several hours' worth of time that should have been better spent before the flight for which I've saved, bought and was on my way to a better job environment. I am further, today, filing complaints with any pertinent State and Federal agencies.

Now I'll have plenty of time to sit here and do nothing productive but seek proper redress for this crime against my financial security and good name, as now I have to stay here to receive any further mailings regarding their next scam or risk having my credit shot while I'm in the dark for months to come. It looks like a quick $321.30 to them; now paid, it hits me well hard right now. What do they care? I'll make them care, for a change.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK. This office and dentists are horrible. My original appointment went fine. X-rays but never got a whole exam. I was told I needed root canals and filling and deep cleaning under gums. I have Denti-Cal so they do not pay for any of those except fillings. 10/14/16 I had 2 extractions which went fine. I was given a stay plate that day which cost me $400.00. They told me that after the swelling from extraction went down they would make any adjustments needed. I went back for check up 10/20/16 and all was fine. Scheduled fillings of 3 teeth for 10/26/16. They took me back and I waited to get numb. I asked about them fixing my stay plate as it was loose and had 2 very tiny holes in it that were getting food in that I could not remove. It needed to be cleaned and sealed. I was told that they would have to take a new impression in order to fix it. They told me it would take about 1 hour to fix.

I couldn't wait as I live an hour away from the office and had to pick up my son from school. I made appointment for the next day at 10:30 am. I was given 1 vial of numbing medication for 3 different teeth. I was told that if I felt any pain to raise left hand. Well a little bit of drilling into the first tooth I could feel it and raised my hand. I was told that she (dentist) was almost done drilling. Then she had to scrape and drill a bit more I raised my hand again. She said that she was done. Started drilling on my next tooth which hurt as well and raised my hand. She said "you are feeling it because the numbing med I gave you is not as strong and the regular stuff we use." Why wouldn't they give more if they know it doesn't work as good? (I have a reaction to **.) She refused to give me more so I had to bear it. Really don't understand why I had to suffer when they get paid for the items they use.

I now have rough fillings. They are not smooth like all the other ones from several other dentists I have used. Showed up to appointment early. It was at 10:30 I got there at 10:00. At 10:55 I asked how much longer it was going to be. I wasn't having any work done I just needed my stay plate. I was told I was next. Around 11:05 I was called back. Guess what my stay plate that only takes an hour to fix was NOT done. So I waited until 11:25. When it was brought out it looked funny. So I gave it a try. It didn't fit in my mouth I couldn't get it to click into place. So the girl who made it adjusted the wires that hold it in place. It still wouldn't fit. So I got mad and also said that they could have cleaned that holes out not just seal the food in it. I was told I would have to wait for a dentist. Every chair in the back was occupied. They only have 2 dentists that I am aware of at this office.

I waited until 11:55 am (1.5 hours after appointment time) and I wasn't there for any work. So I took my stay plate up to the front. Told them I wanted my money back that this was a joke. I have had a stay plate for 7 years and have never had this problem. I was told that I would have to wait for the manager to call me about the money. Another girl from the front said that the dentist wanted me to wait. I did enough waiting I want my money back. So now I am waiting to hear from the manager.

This is the worst place ever!!! My dad went to the Folsom office and was sold products he didn't need. He was charged almost $200!!! He thought this was included in the cleaning that was over $1000!!! I called the office while he was in there and said to them “ONLY do the cleaning and X-Rays. Do not do anything else or sell him anything.” I spoke with multiple people in the office and told them that! Now they don't want to take it back. They are totally taking advantage of an elderly man. Calling my CC company. Hopefully they will help.

My dentist charged my 165.00 dollars for a tooth brush I didn't need. And I went back the next day to return it. They would not take it back. They said they don't give refunds... They are Selling patients products that they don't need. And their prices are too high... They tell you need lots of work to be done, but it's not true.

On Saturday 10/22/2016 after starting braces on my 17 year old daughter the previous week, she needed to have two of her lower teeth extracted to make room. Dr. ** at the Pasadena, Ca location sent her home with no pain medication and only a prescription for antibiotics. After two days of suffering with the pain, and not able to attend marching band practice today because of it, I made her an appointment to have the extractions looked at.

After sitting in the waiting room fro 38 minutes to be seen, my daughter went back and saw Dr. ** who told her that everything was fine and that the pain is normal and would last for a week or more. Upon my daughter telling me this, I immediately asked to speak with the Doctor myself, the Doctor's assistant when asked about the pain medication informed me that she was sent home on Saturday with pain medication and antibiotics, to which I informed her that no she was not, just the antibiotics.

We are far from junkies and my daughter is in a lot of pain, can't eat, so what am I supposed to do?? Over the counter ** does nothing for her, she has never even taken pain medication before, so telling me that this is normal??? This is far from normal, I have had several teeth extracted in my lifetime and have ALWAYS been sent home with some sort of pain medication. Do yourselves a favor and don't use Western Dental. They could care less about their patients.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Dental?

I came into a Western Dental office for full upper dentures which Denti-Cal covers. I received X-rays and advice on treatment. I was told that I would benefit from an all-on-four denture. I was not decided but I came in on the second visit for the impression to be made of both the upper and lower areas. Denti-Cal of course does not cover an all-on-four denture and I signed a 12,000.00 contract of which I put a down payment of over 1,500.00.

However upon reading the contract that night I found it murky and open ended in which extras not mentioned in the contract could be added. I found the identification as to the type of implants were simply called bone. The very denture itself was billed at only 130.00 which made no sense for an all-on-four denture. Further there were no guarantees expressed or even implied as to the work to be done. The only point expressed in the contract other than the money I owed was that called through the truth in lending practice.

So six days after signing the contract, I cancelled it formally in the dental office. I was told that I would need to wait to receive the 1,500.00 deposit money according to their processing. Well after many calls and waiting, I received only 500.00 and this after 5 and one-half months of waiting. After disputing the charges with corporate and the dental office I was told that I had another 700.00 coming but I would need to wait again. I have so far been treated with disdain and without the professionalism one would expect with a company so well known.

I still don't expect a resolution any time soon But I advise that anyone before signing with Western Dental or any contract, please take it home and read it. I was not even offered a chair to sit down in to read mine in the dental office I was in and like a fool I hurried up and signed it. My own experience showed me that Western Dental will foot drag as long as possible so if anyone does sign and change their mind, like I did, prepare for a very, very, long wait as I am still waiting.

Dentist said the filling on my top/front tooth will be large. He suggested root canal. I agreed to it. 3 separate visits for this. On my 3rd visit he informed me I would also need $900 and something dollars because medical only was covering the root canal. Not a crown! ON TOP FRONT TOOTH! I'm on medical/food stamps - I don't have any money! They really should have told me this when he talked me out of the filling! Now WTF?

This is my 90 yr old father's experience: My father went to the West LA location at 12420 Venice Blvd, LA, Ca, 90066. He went for a basic teeth cleaning and was told he should get long term care for a deep cleaning process. He was coerced by **, the dentist there and he signed a long term contract for $2,019!! He paid $500 up front for toward future services. I called them up and I said, "There must be a mistake!! My dad is 90 yrs old, a Holocaust survivor!! Who would sign someone that old to a long term contract!?!" They said, "We explained to him and he signed. He has to pay now!!" So upsetting this type of elder abuse!!! Beware of anyone you know who is elderly going there!!! They are crooks!!!

Every time I go to Western Dental I have had to wait hours for my free cleaning. Today is the worst experience of my 58 years visiting a dentist. I've never yelped in pain or been afraid to be at a dentist until today. Western Dental in my opinion are nothing more than BUTCHERS! By the way.. "hygiene inspections should be a must"!!

Not happy with company and their incompetent accounting and price gouging practices. I have insurance and paid off my account early, so I thought. Well, seven months later I was notified by Western Dental via email that I owed more than $297. When I contacted their billing department, I was told my insurance company did not cover all of the dental treatment rendered in 2014. I then received a bill the following month with an additional charge of $215 in late fees.

When I called to dispute the charges, I was told Western Dental didn't charge me late fees and amount owed was the remaining Tricare Dental didn't cover. Good thing I believe in keeping my bills. I found the bill sent to me that noted a $25 late fee that had been accessed to the account. The customer service representative backtracked on his previous statement that Western Dental had not assessed late fees. He then offered me a 'discount' of $179 off of the disputed charge. I paid the $333 to be rid of the company. Had I not kept the bills, Western Dental would have probably continued to bill me late charges and noted a negative remark on my credit report. I am waiting for the Class Action lawsuit.

I am completely in AWE of how disappointed I am with Western Dental! I had no problem whatsoever from January 2016 to May 2016, other than their unusual long wait time for appointments. I choose to go with Western Dental to the fact that I couldn't get braces through the US Navy unless I enlisted for 3 more years. It wasn't a option as I'm was sea rated and would've never had the opportunity to get my braces without shore command. Anyways, when I notified them that I'm relocating from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX at the beginning of June 2016 as a new discharged veteran, all they told me to do was to save their number and address so they can fax over my old information to the new dental office, in this case, Brident Dental. Their sister companies, and the only reason why I started my treatment with Western Dental to begin with! I thought easy turnover... I was WRONG!

They royally ** me over badly. When I tried to seek treatment from Brident Dental that was 11 minutes away from my residential, they told me that I had to get audit, close my account with Western Dental (via paying off my braces - $1,800 worth) and start a whole new contract with them (with treatment ranging up to $3,000+). They told me that they done away with merging accounts 1.5 month ago without notifying me. I asked if I was the exception to the rule since I'm a old patient. NO! I talked to everybody from the old office to their corporate office. They don't give a ** about their patients, but their money! A newly veteran from US Navy, this company was the first thing that screwed me.

I decided to pay them off once I liquidated my TSP funds and go with Invisalign with Groupon for $1,500 total price treatment. I'll be saving way more money than if I stayed with them. And you know what, I liked them to the point I would've have stayed. Thank God! I hope this company go bankrupt! Preying on people who don't have insurance. Do yourself a favor and don't go to this company. Western Dental/Brident Dental are **!

After knowing about complaints regarding WD, and reading that they have been sued many times, the idiot that I am, I go back to them! The office is less than 10min from my house, so sucker that I am, I go b/c it's close! I have insurance now, so I looked on the insurance website to find them in the network. First time I try to make an appointment, the office says that they are not in the network. After several calls to my insurance and going in with the right provider phone number they accept the insurance. They inform me that some services may not be covered by insurance. I ask at the front desk, "How much more?" I'm told by the lady that she does not know, they have to start first. I'm called for x-rays and then wait for the doctor. The doctor informs me that she is going to an dental implant procedure to restore the left side of my mouth, whole mouth, $47,200+! But wait! The doctor is so kind, she is going to help.

Ditch my insurance, extend my CareCredit to $10,000 and the bill to WD will only be $13,000 for a total of $23,000. The condo I live in now I paid $50,000 for. OK, I've been to three different dentist this year and paid $900 for a root canal and $900 for a crown. In all of the x-rays I've had no other dentist told me that I needed a tooth extraction until today! My complaint is that when I was leaving the office, I was informed that my insurance does not pay for whole mouth x-ray with pictures, $94.000. Thanks for coming in. WD are crooks. They take the respect out of the trade of robbing people by adding insult to injury... going after people's money when they know some people can't pay! DO NOT GO TO WD!

My experience at the Hanford office is an eye-opener. First of all, the first day is no waiting at all. They right away took my x-rays, and gave an appointment for consultation with the doctor. The first doctor was nice and then it went downhill after we signed the contract. One appointment I was there at 8:30 for my 8:45 appointment. 45 minutes later, they took me to the dentist chair where I waited, I kid you not four solid hours. They were too busy. I was too hungry because it was past my lunch hour. They are not even professional enough to let me go to a different appointment date if they are going to be more than an hour from treating me. They even have a poster that says, "Our waiting time is two hours or more. Please be patient."

I was asking if I could have implants, so they suggested I get another x-ray and appointment with another specialist to give me advice. Another appointment, they added the cost to my contract. After three specialist and x-rays, (Yes, they do not have a resident dentist in that area. Instead, they have a different doctor each time you visit) who had different opinions each time, they were charging me for each visit and each x-ray. Of course, different specialists have different opposing opinions, so even though nothing tangible is happening to my person, my bill is getting huge.

Finally, they wanted me to get a tooth extraction. Well before the extraction, they fitted me to a tray in my mount -- to get a better fit on the dentures, they say. Well, during the tooth extraction, the doctor said I needed two bone grafts, to better fit the dentures, he said. That added another $800.00 to my bill, and since I am under anesthesia, and I am not a medical person, I reluctantly agreed.

Each time the doctor makes suggestion, they had me sign more amendments to the cost. They had me come one week later to see how my gums were healing. Another bill for a three second look see from their specialist. They said this is necessary because they can address infections or such. Then another fitting on the gums, but this one is one of five other fittings, so five other appointments before I even see the dentures. Then they brought another tray, just to make sure that there is a perfect fit for the dentures. Another very uncomfortable tray fitting. Finally, the dentures came, but these are just temporary ones. The real ones would, as they said, be perfect. I should hope so, because I already wasted seven trips with all the fittings, each one I did not know were being added to my final bill.

The permanent ones came. Oh-oh, they are very painful in my mouth. Besides, I could not close my mouth because there is a gap to my mouth. Obviously, they must have made a mistake. I told them I could not talk, close my mouth, or let alone bite into anything with them. The dentist told me to keep them in my mouth and suffer the pain, because these are new ones, I can adjust in two weeks.

Three weeks later, I still have the stabbing pain in my gums each time I wear them. The doctor says this is but natural for new dentures. But, "doctor, how come I could not talk without gagging or could eat anything with them". He said they just needed a little adjustment. So I had a series of appointments with, not a dentist, but dental technician to chisel the imperfections.

After the fifth attempt to fit them into my mouth without pain and to at least be able to perfectly close my mouth so I can function as a normal human being, they said they cannot do anything to it. I told them that maybe another denture is appropriate because clearly, this does not fit my gums or even my mouth. With them inside my mouth, I can only talk with a slur, and since I go to school, I do not want anybody taking me to the hospital thinking I am having a stroke. I speak like I just had a stroke every time the dentures are in my mouth, I said to them. They said that unless I am willing to pay for a new set, they cannot help me because that is too much money. That I do not need to go them anymore because they can not help me.

Now I am stuck with an $8,500.00 bill, for an unsatisfactory experience and then after two years of paying them, I cannot even afford to go pay for a real competent dentist in my area. After paying them for two years, I still owe them more than three thousand dollars. They arrange with me an automatic bill pay, which I agreed as long as they won't bother me again. Who would have thought that not only are they staffed with incompetent dental people, but the office bill collectors are as well. I got a bill from them that states that they are automatically getting paid from my checking account.

A few days later, I kept getting calls from them all throughout the day, collecting money again. I told them I do not want to be bothered and besides, I got crappy service from them and absolutely no use for their product, which, by the way, they are not willing to take back because they said, "We cannot re-use the product ourselves and it would be too expensive for us to replace it for you. Just go somewhere else to help you with your own problem."

Well, right now, I am out of money and cannot afford to go to a real dentist because of the humongous bill they kept sending me. I do not believe they even took out the denture bill, which is absolutely no use to me. They are telling me to pay up on the automatic machine they use to harass me with or suffer bad credit score. I may have to sue them to get justice for this hellish nightmare for trusting them with my business.

I am writing this review because Western Dental has completely violated everything regarding my complaint against them. They pulled the wrong tooth, leaving the infected tooth in my mouth. When I confronted them, their office manager was outrageously rude and did not allow me to confront the dentist. I then filed complaints against them which they failed to respond to, failed to furnish my dental records until I retained an attorney, then upon receipt of those records discovered they either omitted, altered, and or wrote completely untrue statements about what occurred.

I have been fighting them for 9 months. In order to sue them, I have to have disposable funds, which as a disabled senior I don't have, so I'm forced to take them to small claims, and how do I fight their lies? The CA dental review board stated they would only get involved if the offending dentist made a habit of pulling the wrong tooth. Can you believe that! Western Dental should get their license to practice revoked or put on suspension for the way they handle things. I intend to do as much as I can to get justice for their dishonesty.

Western dental is unfortunately in my network. I went in for a cleaning in TRACY, CA. I told them I only wanted a cleaning. They commenced to do like 15 X-rays which they only used 4... 4 X-rays and charged my insurance and myself. They over billed my care credit account by 190.00 of course it took them 24 hours to bill my care credit and almost 2 month later still has not repaid their mistake. I have called many times, been put on hold from 10 to 20 minutes each time. IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 months and they have not credited back the 190.00 over they charged my care credit account. I am collecting finance charges on the mistake these idiots made. Charged me in 2 days but at the same time sent me myself a bill, then a late fee for the same exact amount they charged my care credit.

So #1 billed my insurance, #2 billed my Care Credit, #3 sent me the exact same bill. They are flat out criminals. While I was there a little man comes and tells me I need fillings and the silver will be in the 60 dollar range and the white will be in the 70 dollar range I get to the counter the receptionists says they will be from 90 dollars to 120 dollars. I call the Corporate Office. I got transferred to 4 different people and none of them could help me and to file a grievance which I will and report to the BBB and maybe go to small claims court. Lost money, time and sanity. This is the worst criminal activity I have seen followed by the worst customer service I have ever seen in a company that calls themselves a business.

I go to the Western Dental in El Cerrito, CA. I get my braces and general there. No issues with braces except in the beginning long waiting period, I decided to do my general dentist there. In April I got a crown done. Gave my down payment and was set on a payment plan. On April 27, 2016 I made another payment of 140. About a week later I got a phone call from corporate saying my payment was late. I explained I paid and I have my receipt. I checked my receipt and saw the girl put it under the wrong account. I went to the office immediately and they took copies. Said it would be fixed in a week. When I got my contract bill I saw a payment of 127.40, which I later found out they paid it under the wrong account and reversed it immediately.

Anyways in June a lady actually sat down and reviewed my account because my insurance covered 484 dollars for my crown and Western Dental charged me 623 because they thought my insurance didn't cover it. I got a printout of my receipt and owed 493.80 from what the lady fixed. I was overcharged 500 dollars. In July I made my monthly payment and it's saying I owe 900 dollars. I asked the girl that isn't right. She said keep my receipts and "wait until you make another payment." I called the corporate office but all they tell me is it's the office who has to fix it and when I call the workers don't know if the manager's in. But when the corporate office calls they say she won't be in today. So I still have to get my account fixed, which I thought since the lady made adjustments it was good, guess not. Some of the receptionist are unprofessional and ignorant.

After this experience I will not go back for my general, and I am hoping I can finish with braces over there because I wish I would have done research and went to a private dental office because I would have gotten way better service. If they don't fix it I might just take them to small claims court or something because my insurance paid a portion which they did not inform me and were still charging me the full amount. I'll file a complaint with my insurance saying they're committing fraud.

I needed braces and that's why I went to Western Medical at 2701 W. First St. in Santa Ana. Also is the closest one to my house, I didn't think about doing a research on them before going there and start a treatment and I regret very much. But when I was there to start the treatment after all the papers was signed, I meet the doctor his name is **. I don't know his last name. He was very rude. He doesn't do much. He doesn't like to talk so when I had a question or didn't understand something he never had the patience or gave any attention to what I needed to say. He would only look at my teeth and then go to the next patient and send one of his assistant to do what he thought had to be done, and that assistant would tell me what was going on, and also answer my question but if I insisted on talking to him he would talk to me through his assistant while he was working in somebody else's mouth.

He has being treating me like this every visit for the past 2 years but I didn't care about he being rude, unfair, full of himself because he don't think that he should treat his client with proper respect, because he is a doctor and know what he is doing, and I'm not. I didn't care because I am not going there to be friends with him, I just want him to do the job I was paying him to do. I never liked him or was ever comfortable with him. So when I was 18 months into the treatment I pointed out to his assistant and ask him to tell Dr. ** some things that was bothering me and hurting and sometimes bad and that I would like him to do something about it. He didn't like that I asked and that I was complaining so on my next visit I insist on that he would fixed. He not only didn't do anything but also said to me that the time that he established for my treatment was over so there was nothing else that he could do for me. It is what it is.

I said, "But what about this space right in the middle in the front of my teeth?" He gave many excuses blaming on me and the shape of my teeth. I said, "You have to close it Dr. **. This space was never there before the braces." His response was, "I don't want to" and that in three weeks he was going to remove my braces. I freak out and began to cry. I just couldn't believe, my teeth has a big space right in the front of my lower teeth that was never there before the braces and the left side of my mouth my bite close nice, but the right side doesn't so when I am eating I chew most on the left side. So I insisted with him again asking him to please do something about this before removing the braces, so he gave me more time about 4 months more, but didn't do anything. All he did was changing the rubber bands.

I am so angry that I went to get a second opinion elsewhere in two different places and both Doctors said the same thing - that there's work that needs to be done and that the braces shouldn't be removed just yet and this space in the front can definitely be fixed. So now I will have to let him remove my braces in 25 days, today is 7/5, and go to one of this good professional that gave the second opinion and start braces again. I am very angry at Western Medical and Dr. ** and I am very sorry I ever went there, they don't know what they are doing. I talked to everyone that works there including the manager who always tells me she will talk to the doctor or help me getting another doctor, but she never does.

Went to Western Dental to get my teeth pulled. Had X-rays prior from this appointment. They knew that I had high blood pressure. They said no problem. When I went to go get my teeth pulled they would not do it because of the high blood pressure. Now they're charging me $600 for nothing. Street hustled me.

HORRIBLE Dental Company. Customer Service is poor. They provide false accounting/billing information to their patients. Highly recommend you search for another reputable dental company with top ratings in customer service as well as Orthodontist staff. Good luck!!

I received a letter stating that Western Dental cannot see me no more because of my outburst in the office. And that my health is in jeopardy if I didn't continue my dental care. The reason for my outburst was I had 12 teeth pulled and bottom dentures made and was told to come in to make adjustments whenever I had problems or concerns. But four times walking in with my mouth bleeding and not being able to eat at all, I was told I could not be see. The dentist was at lunch, there was no dentist on site, they were booked and couldn't fit me in. The fifth time I was in tears and at my last nerve and told them I need someone to help me. I was asked to leave. I still can't eat and the dentures don't fit and I'm out the money and no dentist is willing to fix their mistakes. This has ruined my life totally. Death is better than living like this.

OMG!!! Very disappointed of Western Dental. I went to Western Dental Sept.15, 2014. Fill out the last tooth and something too they said I need too bone replacement graft for rid so later I can put the implant. If not I need surgery and takes more time to do. So I decided to do it. So they charge me $455.00. Last week I went to other dental office to put implant. So, need to took the X-rays. OMG! There was none bone replacement on my last tooth under the gums. I couldn't believe my eyes. Western Dental is big company. How they collect money from peoples like this??? Yesterday was too late to contact them and today is Sunday so I couldn't call them or visit. I have 2 different invoices. Bc, Western Dental forced me to do it bone replacement. Very, very disappointed. I couldn't believe people. Do I need attorney? Contact me email please.

Three teeth were pulled and I still don't have a implant as requested. If you have sued call me **.

Paid for future services then cancelled portion the next day. Was told refund in about 4 weeks. Told to call corporate to follow up. Called after 4 weeks refund not requested. Told it would be 7 days to get refund approved then time to process. Wait 2 weeks call back... never got response on refund from branch. Will email branch again. Called branch next day and told they do not have office manager. Called corporate back. They are requesting refund but waiting for 3 YES 3 approval signatures. Told to check back in 7 business days. Meanwhile, my FSA acct will be locked. Very frustrated!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND the Pittsburg location in 94565. I submitted a grievance on 12/11/15 after spending 2 months of calling Western Dental to dispute charges they made without my consent. Despite being told that an adjustment or write off will be made, to date no action has been taken. The manager at the local office in Pittsburg (where the unauthorized charge took place) has failed to respond to the numerous emails and phone call made by the corporate office on my behalf to follow up (since October 17, 2015 to date). The only piece of correspondence I have received since I began disputing the unauthorized charge is a letter to collections, not even a statement has been received. This should be considered some form of fraudulent practice. All I ask is for the write off to take place, reimburse any amount due back to me and clear me of collections. Also, if the credit bureaus are involved, Western Dental is to clear my persona.

I had an appointment 2 weeks ago to have a tooth pulled and to have a temp bridge. I came back two weeks later and was told that it wasn't ready yet for the bridge impression to be done because the area was still sore. The dentist told me that she wanted me to floss for two days. When I got home and looked at it there was no way I could floss because of the temp bridge prevented it. I called to tell them this and the reception lady said there was nobody that could help me today. When I demanded to speak to the dentist she said to just brush and use salt water and I told her why did she tell me that in the first place and didn't get an answer. The tooth was infected two weeks ago and when I ask her if it was still infected I didn't get an answer. The lady at the front desk was rude and she lied about having nobody to help me!

So, I needed a root canal on one of my back molars. I called the Western Dental in Elk Grove, CA but was automatically transferred to the call center. I asked "Hey, does Western Dental do root canals on molars?" I was told, "yes". Great! So I set up an appointment for my procedure...easy. The next day I went to my appointment (it took almost 2 hours to get called back). A dental asst took x-rays and told me I definitely needed a root canal.

I was left in the chair for over half an hour. When the dental asst came back, she informed me that they don't perform root canals on molars. So I became confused and irritated. I went to the front desk to confirm what I'd just been told. The asst said, "That particular procedure needs to be done by an endodontist. We have no one at any of our locations who can perform that. I can refer you to an outside practice." I was pissed. I had wasted my time thinking I'd finally get relief for my pain only to be turned away.

I spent the next week frantically searching for an affordable endodontist. It made no sense how a large dental practice like Western Dental did not perform a common procedure, so I decided to call again to double check. I called the location in Sacramento on Florin Rd this time, and I was again rerouted to corporate. I was told by two different representatives that Western Dental does, in fact, perform root canals on molars. I told them about being referred out and the representative was confused and said that made no sense. She put me on hold and called the Elk Grove location to double check. She came back and confirmed that they did and apologized for the discrepancy. So I made an appointment AGAIN for my root canal back at the Elk Grove location.

Later that night, I had a question about insurance coverage, so I called the corporate office. They didn't know the answer so they transferred me to the Elk Grove office. The girl who got on the phone was rude right off the bat. I tried asking my question and was told "I see you have Liberty Dental and we don't accept that. That's why you were referred out." WHAT??? First off, that's not why I was told I'd been referred out. Secondly, I had JUST BEEN seen at that location a week prior and NO ONE said anything about not accepting my insurance. Suddenly a week later, they don't accept it? "Well, the manager approved us seeing you last week, but sorry, we don't accept it. The location on Florin Rd in Sacramento does." I just hung up. Had I not called with my question, I would've shown up at my appt and turned away because of this new revelation. My insurance info had always been on my file so why NOW is it a problem?

I am just pissed and confused at how unprofessional they are. All the information I was given was wrong. There are too many discrepancies between corporate and specific locations. The location in Elk Grove in particular is HORRIBLE. First, I was referred out because they didn't do root canals on molars which was a LIE. Then it turned into me being referred out because of my insurance. Well why was I referred OUT to a completely different (and expensive) dental practice instead the next closest Western Dental that does accept my insurance. I'm STILL confused. So do they or don't they do root canals on molars? Do they or don't they accept my insurance? Why was I referred out? I don't even trust going back to them. This entire company needs a reboot. Unbelievable.

My appointment was @ 10:30. They were very late in putting me in chair and another hour or more before I was seen. The whole experience was nothing short of horrific. I asked the dentist if she could numb my gum before she gave me the shot. She held the swab for about 20 secs. When she gave me the shot she hit a nerve. It felt like the needle went up through my nose into my eye. The doctor dismissed it and said my eye was fine. She tried to take the tooth without making sure my gum was numb. She gave me three shots and was very irritated with me. I broke down in tears and no comfort. I got out of there 3:30. It was horrific.

The doctor had no bedside manner nor the nurse. And she could see I was shook up and shaking. She couldn't get the tooth out. I broke down in tears and she asked another dentist to look. He was kind. They recommended an oral surgeon. It has been six days and I am still hurting. I finally left there. It was 3:30. I would never recommend them. Also the price they quoted for payment gave me was astronomical. If you are poor and you can't pay save and go somewhere else. It was awful and I can't imagine what it would be like for a child.

Last March 2015 I started working with this dental group, they pulling my top teeth. He told me to wait until the swelling to go down. From the very first time they made an impression to 10 months later I have never had a denture that fit. It's real hard and can't be made to fit. I paid them a lot.

A year ago I broke a molar and had to have emergency dental work - no insurance. I went to Western Dental because they advertised that they would let me make payments, and no other dentists in the area could offer me that and take me in on an emergency basis. When I first came in, I was greeted pleasantly enough, but before the woman was done checking me in and processing me, she was called away and then I just stood there for about 15 minutes before anyone else took over to help me out. I waited for another half hour in the waiting room, then was sent back and waited another half hour in the chair before anyone came to take a look at my mouth.

The woman who eventually did my check was barely polite and made it clear she was disgusted with the state of my teeth (no insurance for a long time, plus a serious phobia about the dentist in general) - definitely needed to work on her "bedside manner". After all of this, I was informed that they didn't have an oral surgeon on site, and so I would now have to wait a week before he would be in the office. The price quoted for a tooth extraction - the ONLY thing they did, was around $1000. I came back for the oral surgeon, who did a great job - but then they just packed my mouth and sent me out the door.

The real problems began with the billing and payment. They NEVER got my mailing address correct - despite my calling over and over again, putting the correct address on my return billing/invoice with payment, etc. Sometimes I got a paper bill, sometimes not, despite my asking them to always send me a paper bill (which I use for filing purposes). One day past the due date, my phone was bombarded with numerous calls from their collection department, I mean like 5 calls in one hour. Eventually, they started calling my boyfriend's phone because I had listed him as my emergency contact.

Now, a year later, after I have almost completely paid the bill - I have been out of work for 6 months, I have zero income and less than $500 in the bank and will be homeless in less than 30 days - I asked them to either write off the balance, or put my account on hold to protect my credit rating (which I have spent the last 5 years trying to clear up) until I was able to resume making payments. They refused both options and just told me to "call them whenever I could make payment again" - but no guarantees that my credit wouldn't be affected. The rep actually asked me if I didn't have a friend or family member who would pay it for me!

I have been making regular payments, and all I am asking is that they work with me until I am able to pay the remainder of the bill (which is grossly over-billed to begin with). Administrative practices are a joke, the finance department is really a collection agency, and the dental work is sub par. RUN AWAY - take your chances with a real dentist - you won't be sorry!

Western Dental has decided to bill me after a year for unknown services. I have received no bill or phone call in a year's time and now they are saying after an audit I owe $305 dollars. They never completed the work I had done, and each time I went into the office with a set appt I sat for more than an hour and they never fixed the problem I had with my dentures. To this day I spent over $2000 for something that does not fit. Was not able to go in as I ended up having neck and back surgery.

Western Dental Company Profile