Las Vegas

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Absolute Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Absolute Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Absolute Dental?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Had my remaining old decayed pulled yesterday thinking that I would leave with my new dentures that have fabricated a few months ago during the 3 visits prior to extractions. I'm toothless, confused and wondering what to do in the meantime? Someone said 2 weeks. WHY? Isn't it common practice for a patient to awaken with their dentures in place to stay 24 hours then removed for a warm salt water rinse and replaced? I'm smelling FRAUD if not incompetence from lack of honest open communication which lacks the human compassion they seem to sell to suckers! Like myself obviously...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Absolute Scam is more like it. Went in got x-rays for a tooth that split down the middle. Intense pain. Dentist didn't care refused to give a shot of ** for temporary relief because as he said "it won't help". Received prescription for antibiotics and was told to come back within a week for extraction. Tried to make that appointment right after wasting 3 hours for just an x-ray and was told they had nothing open for about 30 days. I then scheduled the extraction with a real dentist for a week later, Absolute Scam was informed I needed my x-rays forwarded to the real dentist that was going to do the extraction, provided the email address to send it to, they confirmed it was going to be sent.

Day of extraction with real dentist and Absolute Scam has forwarded nothing. Called them and they said there's no one around with access to the x-ray to email it. So they lied and said they had done it a week ago. Calling Delta Dental to let them know no service was rendered by Absolute Scam, do not pay bill and recommend to remove these imbeciles from their coverage. They are unprofessional, incompetent, uncaring and you'd get better dental care from a crackhead with rusty pliers. Absolute Scam needs to be sued to oblivion and rendered extinct. Totally 100% worthless.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I was sent somewhere else to another dentist office to have my teeth extracted. They never performed any of my procedures at their location. The prices were not discussed to me at all! And I'm still waiting for my dentures 3 months later!

Original review: March 9, 2020

I was the first patient of Absolute Dental, E Charleston plaza Las Vegas NV, February 2020. I needed the relining of my partial. First, they said they didn't know what kind of material is made. Excuse me? I said Check Google and see that most of partials are made from acrylic and titanium. They said ok and they took impression spreading all that substance over my face and hair. They sent my partial to the lab telling me to come next day to pick it up but I have to pay up front 282. I said that my Humana insurance will cover 30%. They said first I have to pay 282 and after Humana will give me 30%.

Next day I got my partial not repaired, the lab couldn't fix it. I asked the money back but no, no money back cuz they need to ask mgr David for approval. Are you kidding me? Approval for a money reimbursement of a job haven't been done? I was advised I will receive a refund in the amount of a 282 check after 3 weeks. Why Check? Wouldn't be easier direct transfer into my bank account? These people are the WORST, Beware these crooks and scammers!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was a new patient for Absolute Dental in July 2019. I went in for my first appointment and x-rays. I was scheduled for a filling for one tooth. The clinic had a new contract dentist due to my dentist being on leave. That dentist was awful, she was mean to the other employees, snippy with patients and did awful work. In fact, she scratched the enamel on one of my other teeth. I noticed it when it happened and when I got home and was checking out my teeth. I called the clinic the next day to report my concern. I set a follow-up appointment to get it checked by my regular dentist. That dentist looked at it and said it shouldn’t cause me any issues, even though I could feel the indention on my tooth.

I later received a bill for the first appointment, which I already paid my copayment and the insurance billed. I contacted billing and they said I owed another $100. I requested the records and found that the dentist reported I declined treatment for the tooth that was damaged. I shouldn’t have to pay an additional $100 for poor care and falsifying my medical record. Avoid Absolute Dental if you care for your teeth.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Prior to doing any dental work they explained the process to me with a witness who works in the medical field. This consultation is why I selected them to do the work I needed done. I found out shortly after my procedure the things they told me were lies just to get my business. On top of that they sent fictitious bills to my insurance company causing me to get denied for further work I needed. They are unorganized and unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Went in for Root canal and was told $939. Signed a contract. After numbing and in pain was told of Suprise Fees another $1000 were in order yet the contract was changed by them only, not me. Original contract was signed by myself and Doc. Chen, new one was not signed or brought to my attention. New fees were for obstruction and now consultation fee. Also stated 2 visits yet only one completed and told to go elsewhere to complete job. Rest will be brought up in Civil Court. Don't go there, mainly Decatur and Blue Diamond office.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My teeth were in good condition when I went to Absolute Dental for a routine cleaning and exam. With the work they claimed I needed, my teeth are in much worse condition than they ever were before. My husband was fitted for a dental splint to prevent him from grinding his teeth at night. No price was quoted, and they are charging $600. These people are the WORST. You are better off taking good care of your teeth and avoiding this place.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I took my 14 year old daughter (a minor) to the Absolute Dental on Ann/Simmons in NLV yesterday. When she was called back to do X-rays I was told to wait in the lobby as I couldn’t be in the room and when they were done with X-rays they would come get me. I waited 30 minutes and then went to the front desk to ask if they were done yet. They then take me back to my daughter. As I’m rounding the corner they are getting my daughter up and escorting us back up front. I asked the assistant if there is no dentist there. She says, "yes, there is." My daughter then tells me the dentist spoke to her regarding treatment and would give her a referral for braces. I asked the assistant why would the dentist talk to my daughter? I’m the adult. Why was I not brought back there. They then take us back to the examining room to speak to the dentist.

After waiting another 20 minutes the dentist comes in and I ask her the same thing. I also find out the assistant physically told the dentist she is 14 and her mom is in the lobby. I tell them I’m the adult. I am responsible for treatment. My daughter cannot authorize anything. She can pay for nothing. She can’t even fill out their paperwork. I have to as I’m the responsible party. The dentist then lies to me as she was coming out to talk to me. As I told her, we were checking out, we were leaving. She was with another patient.

In addition to this episode, I have been going to this facility for 2 months for myself. I have had 4 appointments and NOTHING has been done to resolve my issues. NOTHING! In 4 appointments 2 have been canceled no more than 1/2 hour before my appointment and rescheduled. I’m beginning to think they are just trying to keep charging my insurance. So don’t go to Absolute Dental at Ann/Simmons or Dr. **. Very unprofessional and lies. Also, I did call their corporate office and they couldn’t care less. They didn’t even ask for the dentist's name.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I called because I had a chipped tooth and wanted info and cost. I was told the visit would be $39.00 for X-ray of the one tooth and then given treatment plan.

I went in and had the X-ray, dentist came in said I needed root canal. I went out expecting to pay 39.00 for visit and I was told my total for the visit was $175.00 for the visit. I asked why I was told $39.00 on the phone, she said that I saw the specialist. I told her I did not ask for a specialist. She then said that she would drop it to $75.00. I paid that and then was told it was $2900.00 for the one tooth. I will not be returning. Be careful when you go there.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I called to ask the office on Rainbow and Charleston to ask what the copay was. First I was on hold for 15 mins and then they answered rude and said they have no idea that it could be nothing or 39 dollars. I made this appointment a week ago. How can they not know? Every other office can tell me. So I was mad about how she was talking to me and I hung up. I called back to talk to a manager and I was on hold for 30 mins and no one came to the phone. I finally called from my house phone and just canceled the appointment. I will never go to this location again.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I used Absolute Dental for about 5 years off and on. In the last few years they have put in 2 crowns, seated them improperly so they are open, and missed an abscess I had in a crown in my front tooth. Now I have to have an implant in that crown. I complained to them about the improperly seated crowns, wanting my current dentist to redo them, and I was told I had to sign a waiver that I will never talk about my bad experiences or ever try to make them pay reimburse me for any problems they caused in my teeth. They have refused to refund me the amount I paid, (938), and only authorized a refund for the amount I was supposed to pay, (305). They will not refund me without signing the waiver so now I am taking them to small claims court.

Original review: March 28, 2018

First off they are disorganized, rude, and unprofessional. Once I was signed in the lady asked me for insurance. I provided her with my insurance which is Liberty Dental through Medicaid. She immediately asked if I was in pain. I told her no, so she said, “Well we only accept this insurance for emergency purposes,” only because that's all my insurance will cover. Mind you this is the appointed office I was given so I know that was not true and even if it was when I first set up the appointed why was that not said because they did ask what insurance I had. So I left, called my insurance and asked what was covered just to be certain. They told me exams, x-rays, 1 cleaning per year and a few other things. Caps, fillings and partials are covered with a prior authorization. Everything that I already knew.

So I let them know for some reason Absolute Dental is saying they don't accept and the lady was like, “That's weird. Idk why they would say that because they indeed do.” So then I called Absolute Dental 800 number to ask if they accepted that insurance, they also said they do so I asked why would that office say they don't. She asked me what service I was trying to get. I told her just a basic check-up. So she said she's going to double-check with the supervisor just in case anything has changed. So she said the supervisor called that office and everything should be good to go maybe just a misunderstanding. So I went back in spoke with now the guy up front and let him know that I spoke with someone from the call center and I should be good to go. So he tells me that, “You can be seen but you're going to have to pay out of pocket.” I'm like, “Why? My insurance covers it.” So he argues with me telling me it doesn't.

I'm like, “I just spoke with someone there and they says it does.” And with much attitude he's like, “I just talked to them too and it doesn't.” So I say, “Okay I'll just call again.” So I got back on the phone spoke directly to the supervisor. He tells me I should be good and he doesn't know why they keep turning me away. He also tells me that deep cleaning will be out of pocket. So I'm like, “Okay??? I didn't ask for a deep cleaning,” and he says, “Oh okay. They said you were wanting a deep cleaning.” I'm like, “I never once mentioned a deep cleaning.” So he says he's going to contact them again and call me back. He didn't call back but someone did and they said I can come back at 12. It was already 10 minutes until. I was at home so I said it will take me about 20 minutes to get back there.

So I get there at 12:11 signed in. The same guy called me up and said, “We are really behind. Do you mind coming back at 2.” I said, “Yes I do mind.” So he said, “Okay that fine. You can wait until 2.” So I asked to speak with the supervisor there. So then she starts telling me how they are behind and it's almost their lunch time. So I'm like, “Why would y'all tell me to come back at 12.” So then they start acting confused about who told me to come back at 12. Of course I didn't get the person's name. So I left and I've been waiting on a callback from the supervisor ever since.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I went to Absolute Dental in Spanish Springs, NV because they were offering free X-rays, exam, and cleaning for new patients. I had no dental insurance and live on disability. They took the X-rays and during the exam told me that my fractured molar would require dental surgery and was too complicated for them. This was confirmed by their senior dentist who happened to be in the office on his day off. They gave me the name of a dental surgeon to call. When I called and explained my situation I was given an estimate of $3500 for the surgery. I told them there was no way I could afford that so they quickly amended that amount to $2500. I thanked them and hung up.

On my way home from Spanish Springs I stopped in at Desert Valley Dental in Fernley, NV and told them I needed a fractured molar extracted. They had an opening right then and the X-rays were done and the tooth was extracted in two pieces and I paid $123 for what was called a “simple extraction” on their billing sheet.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

As a new patient I called for the first time and someone name Debbie answered at Nellis location in Las Vegas, extremely rude, I decided not to set an appointment at all. If the person who answered is so rude how the dentist will be?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I would not recommend Absolute Dental anyone. I can even get a hold of the billing department. I have dual insurance coverage for dental and Absolute Dental is double billing me even though my primary insurance had issued payment and I was informed that they would not submit to my secondary as it is not their job. I would have to do it and I will have to pay for dental procedures up front because of their lab costs regardless if my insurances pay or not.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The absolute worst service for a dental office. They do not return your calls. They do not call your insurance provider for authorization. They lie to you and tell you they will get back to you after they talk to them. But they never call you back. Then when you call them after weeks of waiting they say the person that you need to talk to he's on the phone and they will call you back, but they never do. Do not go there. They are the absolute worst. The one I am speaking about is in Sparks Nevada on Pyramid Way next to Walmart.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have had an ongoing Billing issue with Absolute Dental for 4 months. My complaint finally landed with the regional mgr. I was advised I would receive a refund in the amount of 701.24 and the then tables turned and I have been advised that I owed them from the past, a balance of 1320.00. For 4 months this was never brought up and I was received in writing from Pete **, the regional mgr himself, that my refund was being processed.

I asked for a detailed description of the charges. I was told they would do an internal audit of my account. After an internal audit, they told me the original past balance had now been reduced to 702.84 and that they were keeping my refund of 701.24 that I was told I would be receiving and as a courtesy they would Credit the additional 1.60 that was my remaining balance. I question their Billing practices and credibility. If anyone has had similar experiences. Please email me at **. Perhaps collectively we can pursue them legally.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Beware these crooks and scammers! When I went to Absolute Dental to get a tooth extracted I first talked to the front desk receptionist and explained I was poor and would be paying cash so needed an estimate for costs. She gave me an estimate and explained it could be around $100 more than the estimate depending on work needed. I had enough money on me so I went ahead with the extraction. Of course that was after putting up with 30 minutes of both the assistant and the dentist trying to pressure me into getting $44,000 worth of work that they would gladly finance, I finally demanded they just pull the damn tooth that I originally told them I could only afford.

When done, I went to the front counter to pay the bill. The bill did come to about $85 more than the estimate. I asked again if this was THE TOTAL bill and was assured by her that it was. I again asked her if there were going to be any "hidden or surprise" charges later. She again assured me that no there would not be. The bill she gave me was THE TOTAL bill for the visit and extraction and that there were no other charges. I paid the bill with cash with that understanding that it was THE TOTAL and there were no other charges (I did this because numerous reviews of these guys stated they love to add on "hidden" fees later).

All fees/charges were paid in full at the time of my visit. All fees/charges were paid for in cash at the time of my visit and all fees/charges were repeatedly checked by me and guaranteed to be the total fees/charges by Absolute Dental's billing person who took my payment and gave me my receipt. What happens months later? I get a notice in the mail that I magically owe another $95!! I called and asked them what it was for and no one could give me an answer. I repeated to them everything I said above and was told by the Absolute Dental billing person on the phone that "it must have been a mistake and would be taken care of". What do I get today in the mail? A collection notice. Looks like I get to go tell this to a judge. At least when I go I'll have a stack of reviews and complaints printed out with me to show that this is a common scam tactic by them.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Me and my son went there Saturday, July 8 and they treated us very poorly. There was nobody in charge there. When I got home I called and asked for somebody in charge. They toyed around and didn't give the phone to someone who was in charge and they were all covering up for each other. Once it's time for my son to get his braces off I am never coming back here.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have been going round and round with Absolute Dental for a year now to get this issue solved. My son who is 21 used Absolute Dental when he was not under my insurance. He had Medicaid which had nothing to do with me. I added him on to my job insurance along with my 23 year old. He went to the dentist because it had been a year. He showed proof of new insurance, which is from MY EMPLOYER. Absolute Dental decided to put his old Medicaid bill under my insurance, which is in my name and now it's appearing on my credit report. I called numerous times to the billing department and they agreed, that this shouldn't have been done and that it would get fixed and not be put on my credit report.

They are liars. It's ruining my credit every month it stays on there. Now I have to try and dispute this and then no one will call me back. I've sent e-mails, left messages and never get a callback. This is unbelievable, my son has even called them to have this bill removed from my name to his, which they did but they won't remove it from my credit report.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I hadn't been to a dentist in over 20 years and had developed an abscess that required me to see one. I chose Absolute because it was close to home. I was treated very well and this surprised me due to my neglect of oral care, as all of my teeth are broken with only a few intact in the back. The staff was very kind and the dentist explained everything that I was needing to do including referring me to an oral surgeon for extractions. I will return to be fitted for dentures before all of my teeth are removed and I look forward to seeing the staff at Absolute again. The service was excellent, I was a walk in and seen within 30 minutes. I would recommend Absolute to anyone.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Well for anyone that wants to attend Absolute Dental please think twice before even making that call. First my nightmare started back in August. Set appt for my daughter. When we got there to the Cheyenne office the dentist was with a patient sitting next to my daughter just rolled his chair wanting to check my daughter's mouth without even putting gloves. Remember he had just touched someone else's mouth. We left without being seeing. We schedule another appt with a female dentist. We came back. She got checked and got a referral to see an ortho. When we got to the appt to ortho we were told that she needed to see the dentist again. We went back to the dentist then finally got to see the ortho but she needed to retake the xray cuz the xrays were not good. So we ended going to the one on Flamingo for xrays.

We were already on the month of September. They said we will call you in November to set appt for braces because of the insurance they take months. That was fine. Since November I been calling them asking to see what is taking this long. Now we are on March already so I called insurance and they said they have never send any paperwork to them. So I decided to look for someone else. So today April 27, 2017 I get a call from them asking for a 3 xray. I said "Sorry I'm not going to be bother by Absolute Dental" and she hangup on me...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I actually went to this very sad excuse for a dentist's office called Absolute Dental on 3040 Ann Rd. (I'm still not sure that it was a dentists office or a government funded charity for dental services). My appointment was at 9 am and the first thing I notice when I walk in the door is how dingy everything looks. The doors had scratch marks on them as if someone had been pulled into the back room against their will and chipped ugly brown paint, the floors were an ugly painted concrete and around the entire edge of the waiting room the floors were caked with dust and dirt. I had plenty of time to notice these things because I sat there in the waiting room on some hard fold out chair from 8:45 to 10:20 even though my appointment was at 9am.

I also got to take in the nice aroma in the office of old rotten beef which may have been the office or may have been the clientele. It was hard to say. I sat there for quite a while debating on whether I should just leave or at least get a teeth cleaning from them because I really needed it. But then I would look around at the filthy office and the dirt splotches on the floor and ask myself, "Do I really want people who can't even clean a floor to clean my teeth?" I've been to dentist offices in the past, never have I ever seen anything like this! When they took a woman back who came in after me I finally said, ** THIS! I need to go to a REAL dentist with an actual office.

I work in healthcare so I get that the patient doesn't always understand what happens behind the scenes which is why I always try to explain the why behind things to my patients. When I went up and asked for my paperwork back and explained that I had been waiting an hour past my appointment and they just called in a woman who came in after me, the girl said nothing to me. She didn't even bother to explain why. She just hands me back my paperwork like some empty headed drone with no apology, no reason why. I knew nothing about this place before I went. The way I found it was that it was listed on my insurance's website. I still don't understand why people go here? I don't know if there is some kind of discount, or they offer free services to low income people or what? I don't know what else the incentive would be to go to this place to get services versus an actual dentist's office which is where I thought I was going.

If you have dental insurance, why would you choose this place over a dentist with a nice clean office who actually keeps appointments with patients? It made me think what kind of dentist would work here? They spend all that time in school to work in a place like this? How embarrassing! Then I thought maybe these dentists are ones that have a few dings on their record, if you know what I mean. Certainly no good, self respecting dentist would work in this sad, dirty, disgusting environment. Having been to actual dental offices in the past I have to say if you are someone who is paying for dental insurance, don't go here. You deserve better! I never actually got my teeth cleaned, so I never stepped foot through those claw marked doors but who knows what horrors would have awaited me!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I came into flamingo/Pecos location around 2:45. Left at 7 pm! Was seen about 4 pm, only took x-ray & impression, billed me 20X MORE than my great insurance plan. Still left with infected tooth & swollen face. Next appt 6 days later? I would suggest DO NOT go here. The red haired receptionist is very nice.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Absolute Dental is not a professional center. They do not take their appointment times seriously and make you wait extended periods of time. There is a sense of entitlement in their office personnel and licensed personnel. They cease to understand that they are the service provider and that they are to give the customer "service". Their entitlement is such that they feel it is the customers "honor" to be administered to by them. Their prices are high end and do not stay near the insurance recommendation of price. They are like a shifty sales representative that tries to squeeze one more expense or surcharge out of you.

They do not follow through with what they say they are going to do. They do half the work and tell you they need to make another appointment to finish when in fact they do not start their work on time and need to hurry through the procedure and wish to make up time to accommodate THEIR schedule. Shamelessly they do a half an hour's work when you contracted an hour. In conclusion their ethics are deplorable. I pose this question; how could anyone ever entrust their health, well-being and pricing to them?

Original review: June 23, 2015

I recently had a cleaning, one of two per year free under my plan. They insisted on a $50 deductible payment & I disagreed. She said I owed $55 from previous work. I paid the $50 but upon checking I found my $55 receipt. I am now trying to get my $50 back. No luck so far. Do not recommend Absolute Dental. Stay away.

Original review: May 8, 2015

Funny... It took me 2 days just to get my wisdom pulled here and it was my first time too. Day 1 called to schedule appointment but said on phone, walk-ins are welcome no waiting. So I rushed to AD filled out a couple of papers and answer couple of questions. Pls take a seat and will get you in about 5 mins, but after 5 mins they send me home cause there too busy so reschedule to following day. Following day went to appointment and they did not have me for any of their appointment today said lady in front desk then apologized for the inconvenience and had me refill all paper work and questions. With a promise they told me, "We will get you in immediately," but whatever.

Spent another ten mins waiting so anyway their promise was to pull it for FREE NO CHARGE cause of the inconvenience and difficulties I went through. But after the operation walked outside to check out the same lady who told me that this will cost me FREE NO CHARGE ended up charging me a $100.00. I kinda got pissed but still paid the $100.00. After two weeks I received a mail from Absolute Dental that I owe them about $300.00 more... Now what the ** is going on here? Later after 2 months another mail saying if I don't pay it will be sent to collection... Pls I will never ever again seek the help of Absolute Dental. This place is a fraud and location is Keystone Reno, NV 89503. I strongly do not recommend Absolute Dental to anyone not even little kids. And I will never pay a single penny even if they take me to court.

Original review: April 13, 2015

I was in Las Vegas to help my mother move back to Washington when my filling fell out. I made an appointment with absolute dental for a temporary filling. Went in, filled out the paper work which again I told them I needed a temporary filling. The first thing they wanted to do was the initial cleaning which I didn't need. They did the x-rays and told me I needed a root canal, which was fine except I couldn't do it there. I told them AGAIN I just wanted a temporary filling until I got home to Washington to see my dentist. They just tried to send me on my way. I asked the dentist if she was going to fill in the hole in my tooth. She reluctantly filled it with some stuff that lasted 20 minutes if that. Told them to send my x-rays to my dentist, it took multiple calls from me to finally get them sent. I WOULD NEVER EVER recommend these guys to anybody. Even the corporate office wasn't any help.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

An Absolute Dental part time staff dentist in Reno, Dr. ** REFUSED to continue my dental work because of his inability to accept the fact of his personal responsibility for the shoddy and poor cosmetic outcome of my lower partial denture. The Reno office manager, ** of this Keystone Ave. location attempted to justify his actions despite his obvious juvenile and VERY unprofessional attitude of 'How dare a client reject my work!'… Go somewhere else for your dental needs. NOT Absolute Dental... They do not care about you at all and as Dr. ** and ** demonstrated to me, they're like spoiled children if they don't get their way! Ugh!

Absolute Dental Company Information