1.49/5
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Eastern Dental

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 2, 2017

44 Eastern Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

EASTERN DENTAL- CLIFTON OFFICE. I was told I needed over $5,000.00 of dental work done immediately. I was not a new patient. I have been going to Eastern Dental for several years. They take x-rays every time I go and they didn't see that I had an issue. I asked if they can do a less intrusive method and immediately was told no! I was not offer any payment options since the cost was a significantly high amount.

So I decided to get a second opinion since it didn't make sense. I am so glad I did!! There was a less intrusive method that my new dentist office found!! Also please double check with your insurance before having any procedure done. The billing department will say it's covered and it's NOT. Word of advice please get a second opinion. I am done with Eastern Dental.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Terrible customer service. I should have known better. From the first day I had problems with these people. I called for an appointment. Brenda told me they had to be in my insurance. I called my insurance to make sure everything was ok. The insurance called them to make sure everything was ok and since I was in so much pain they cant accept me as of that same day. In which they agreed. After arriving there the next day and waiting over an hour I was told they couldn't see me because I will quality two months later. I immediately contacted my insurance while standing in front of Lourdes. My insurance verified everything. She said, "I spoke to Lourdes and she agreed to accept you as of yesterday", then she said "are you there now" and I said yes.

She then said "can you tell Lourdes I will call her now or you can just hand her your phone if you like." But the lady from the insurance said, "I will call her now." In less than a minute Brenda was talking to my insurance. Brenda looked at me with an upsetting face like if I did something wrong. As if I was telling on her. Well I did. I was not going to let her say I couldn't be seen when she had already given me an appointment and I was there 30 minutes early to be seen (I was in a lot of pain). After Brenda finished talking to the insurance lady she gave me the phone because the insurance lady wanted to reassure me that I was going to be seen today. This bothered Brenda, I can see it in her face.

Once I returned the phone thanking her, she said in a not very nice way, "I can't do something I do not have in the computer/chart". Then I said, "what are you talking about, you told me that after speaking to my insurance I was accepted as of the same day and you gave me an appointment for the following day, today". She then said "I am doing my job, I will not do something I am not suppose to do". Now why all the attitude with me. I did nothing wrong but verify with my insurance that I was okay to see this dentist. Brenda was extremely upset, her face was red and as much as she tried to play it off she couldn't. That was my first incident. The second one was my bill. Charges were just ridiculous. They were charging me as if I didn't have insurance. Meanwhile they charged me full amount and they also charge the insurance. Smh.

The staff manager is unprofessional and extremely rude. After I was given the bill, I questioned it because I have dental insurance. I asked why did they put 0 for what the insurance pays. I was told that's how they have it in the system. So I called my insurance and asked about it and the bill I was given from them. I was told they have a chart with all the prices and they have to go by that. In other words they were charging the insurance and they were charging me the full amount as if I didn't have insurance. When I went back to the office a couple of days later, I questioned it again and Lourdes told me they would look into it and to bring the chart (chart with the correct price). Excuse me!!! This is your job not mine. They should have this already.

They have a contract with my insurance that they should follow. After discussing this matter with the financial coordinator the staff manager saw me upset and asked me what was wrong. I explained myself... She immediately attacked me by saying we all make mistakes and at least she gave you almost a $500 discount. This got me so damn furious. So I said to the staff manager, "she did not give me a discount. You need to follow the insurance contract you guys have with my insurance". Besides she was still charging me the wrong amount. The staff manager kept talking I de me. She would not let me speak. Her voice kept getting louder and louder saying that she gave me a good price because the bill was almost $500 less and that I should be happy.

I was so upset that I went to the back to get the work done, I was upset and shaking. When I get upset I tend to cry because I am angry. What I really wanted to do was tell her off but I am not that kind of person. I was asked what was wrong by my dentist. After explaining what had happened they looked for the director so I can speak to him. But he was out to lunch. After the filling I got my next appointment, meanwhile the staff kept staring and talking about me. I left after getting my next appointment. It feels weird when I go to that office. They are in the middle of a root canal which has taken them more than two months to finalize it.

Once they finish that I will be looking for another dentist. And regarding a review I read about the staff texting and all that, it's true. This Clifton office is just as bad. The staff is always texting and using unprofessional language (cussing). Not professional at all. But the worse thing is... I noticed that if you have to spit, they out this thin vacuum sort of thing in your mouth in which has no plastic cover and it's not replaceable. Meaning everyone uses the same one. I have never seen them disinfect this. I always watch them. They use and make sure they use new supplies... Now that I think about it, it's very scary. If someone is sick with any type of disease and these people are not cleaning the supplies they are using with other patients, we are all in danger here. No wonder every person I have talk to has the same complaint. They all get really bad infections... even when they just go for a simple thing like a filling.

I have an appointment today, and the more I think about this, the more scared I am to go. BEWARE, make sure if you have insurance you know exactly what they are suppose to charge you. You can call your insurance. They will mail you or tell you to go on their website to see the prices. And if you don't have insurance like my dad, get ready to get a big bill and when you question something... get ready for the attitude you will get from the staff. They seem not to know anything about customer service. Everything is with an attitude and they are always right no matter what. So stay away. I have no choice than to let them finish what they started since I already paid for this procedure (root canal).

One last thing.... pay as you go. Do Not Pay in advance. They will not do everything you paid for. If you do it as you go, they will make sure you come back to keep charging you. I recently found out I have a co pay of $15. What!!! A co pay? Now is when you tell me. I have been going to them since March or April at least four or five times a month. Now do the math. This means I owe them that too on top of the "regular bill". This is why they keep making you come back so many times, they keep billing the insurance for nonsense and they charge you for co pay???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 13, 2017

Decided on implants March 16, 2016. Took impressions for upper temps on April 11. That procedure left a lot to be desired. Final impressions for temps in May. June - all uppers extracted / bone grafts done / implants installed. That day was totally upsetting. The dentist seemed rushed and annoyed the whole procedure and especially when I said I had to go to the rest room after being in the chair for over 2 hours. As the procedure progressed he got really in a huff when he could not numb one area. He shot it 5 times and on the last shot he shoved the needle so far up it felt like it was going to come out my eye. It was so sore I could not wear my temps for 2 months.

Stitches started to loosen a few days after–had to go have them removed. Final removal of stitches 8 days later. After 9 returns for temp adjustments the post and abutments were installed then five more trips for adjustments. Another dentist did final impressions for dentures as well as extract another tooth from bottom which should have been done before plus 2 fillings. The last impressions got stuck so bad he could not remove it and finally had to pull so hard I was in tears. This guy was so nervous he kept dropping instruments as well as my denture. In trying to fit final denture he pulled them in and out so many times the pain became unbearable and I ask him to stop. After that I was back 9 times for adjustments which never get any better.

In final I did not receive the denture explained to me. I continue after 15 months to have problems with swollen and sore gums. I still cannot use my lower partial. In short after spending 16 thousand dollars I have suffered undo pain, anxiety and frustration and fully do not recommend Eastern Dental. At this point we are on the way to court. BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have been a patient for over 20 years in Hamilton. Love the staff, especially in back. The front desk has issues at times, billing gets a bit messy too, cleanings are perfect, Dr. ** who does gums and surgery is AMAZING! Just a great busy place to go for everyone. Those who lack patience for a busy office, be patient. If you expect to be in/out in an hour or less, it happen very rarely. BUT WORTH THE WAIT. If you have any issues, talk to the front desk or billing manager. They have always fixed things quickly and nicely.

People, these are humans with imperfections like all of us. If you need to get in/out quick, suggest setting appointments before 10am... or JUST ASK THEM THE BEST TIME TO GET IN OUT QUICK. The dentists that run Hamilton are great. Just ask them, talk to them; they listen. Take the time to thank them too... seems when I go all I hear is complaints. Thank them for a great job, have a nice day, etc. It goes a LONG way.

Original review: May 20, 2017

My husband has an appointment at 12nn, came in 1145am, he filled up the paperworks and waited for his turn. People are coming and going, it was 1245 and there were approximately 10 patients who came after us that were seen. I went to the front desk and I asked what is going on. She said "Oh your husband was seen by the dentist already and he should be next for cleaning". I said, "HE WAS NOT seen at all!!!" She said 5 mins. Nope, it was 15 mins passed, the last patient who came in to the clinic were called in and I lost it, no explanation or better yet, Racial discrimination, we were the last to go... Wow, I will bring my services somewhere else from now on, I am beyond mad for this poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Dental?

Original review: May 13, 2017

Eastern Dental office I have been a patient there since the 1990's. The Dr's there are professional and friendly and the dental assistants in the back are the same. The front desk support is ridiculous. Tuesdays and Fridays is walk-in days, no appointment needed. As a patient I called earlier in week to make sure of days. The associate that answered the phone confirmed that. Saturday I was there at 8:15 signed in and had a seat. Me, the patient person I am, I waited. It was after 10 one of the associates called me. She stated they had a lot of people I should have called first. I stated I did. I told her I had a baby tooth that needed to be removed. It's on my charts. She said I may not be seen today because of too many people. I said "I been here since 8:15." They open at 8 am. I sat down 11 past. Then 12 I asked another associate "Am I going to be waited on." She checked and said my chart is at desk. They will take care of me.

About 1 after seeing everyone else called also people that came in after me with the first lady who called me also calling other people. I had patience because I knew I had no appointment but I knew I was being ignored like I had did something wrong. By 1 I asked the first lady who called me "It's 1. Will someone speak to me." She said no one spoke to me yet. I stated "no". She said I probably will not be seen. She said it's not fair to Dr. They had too many patients. I said I'm going to sit and wait. I been here this long. My intuition told me to get up go to desk and see. I'm glad I did. It's after I see the blonde lady who is obviously in charge tell the lady with black hair, demand her to tell me I'm not being seen. The lady with black hair states "No she won't listen." And all this being said as I stood and watched. I felt degraded and disrespected.

I stated "you should have told me" to the lady with black hair. "I would have been still sitting there if I didn't get up." My job I do work with people. This is terrible customer service I have received today and I'm being treated like walk-in day does not exist. Like I'm bothering them and they really wanted me to react in a unprofessional manner. I did stated "you are rude, disrespectful and unprofessional." The lady with black hair states "You can come back Tuesday." I state "I do have to work. I been here since 8:15. It's walk-in day also but I'm done. I'm changing my dental insurance." Not dealing with them again and I walked out. I'm going to my job's HR office to do so Monday.

The just of this the blonde lady in charge at desk never turned to speak or acknowledge me the whole time. She told the lady with black hair to do so such disrespect and no regard for me as a patient. The Drs and people over her need to know there are unprofessional people at that front desk who need customer service training and how to treat and talk to people. In my opinion walk-in day needs to be re-evaluated and also the person who does scheduling needs to check with their office for their existing patient. It's so sad how a few people can ruin a good thing for everyone else. I would like to think those two ladies would like a pleasant trip when they visit their own private dental office and be treated with respect.

To Eastern Dental please check with front desk workers especially the lady with blonde hair who doesn't speak to patients only tells others to. They are making them look bad and lose great patients. I do apologize for not knowing their names but anyone who been there knows who I'm speaking of. Best luck to better customer service asap at Eastern Dental of Ewing. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give them a 5. That's for the staff in back. The staff in front need to remember they are there to serve the customers and they should be treated with the same respect they expect in return.

Original review: April 6, 2017

They claim that their calendar only goes out for 3 months so you can't make appointment for your 6 month check up while you are there. You must call in 3 months only to be told there are no openings and you have to wait 3 months. The days that they do offer are only during the work day. Fine if you don't work, but if you do, be prepared to take at least 3 days because all of your work will not be done in one visit. You will need 1 visit for cleaning, 1 visit for exam ONLY to be told what you need and you will have to make yet a 3rd appointment of course only during their limited hours. My plan was to include everything, no copays, yet I was constantly being charged additional fees for things that were "not covered".

The free teeth whitening for life is a joke. It required an initial outlay of money, molds of your teeth, etc. all requiring numerous appointments. Then the teeth whitener is to be refilled for free every time you go for a cleaning yet, they always "forgot" that I was supposed to get it or told that I didn't qualify for it because I violated the terms of the deal which is to return every 6 months. Which was impossible. The worst was when I had a very bad abscess requiring antibiotics. I was given an emergency appointment, prescription for antibiotics and again, numerous appointments. The tooth had to be pulled eventually. The office manager was rude, the staff couldn't be bothered. While trying to schedule appointments I gave them times and days that weren't good for me, they in turn offered those as my appointment times?

Lastly, you cannot use any location that is convenient or has appointments, you and your entire family pick one location and that's it. The entire family is stuck with it, including the ones that live away at school. Making this plan useless. I switched back to my traditional private dental plan and dentist and couldn't be happier.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Eastern Dental of Union has the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I scheduled an appointment for a chipped tooth. After sitting there for over 3 hours, I left with a chipped tooth still and a cleaning. This place is a ripoff and does not provide quality service. They do not care about the patients. All they care about is scheduling you for as many appointments as they can so they can charge your insurance. This shouldn't be allowed. This isn't my first bad experience with this dentist however it will be my last.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I recently switched to Eastern Dental from a private practice. Setting up my family for our first time visit was a breeze, the lady I spoke with over the phone was patient while setting up four new patients. Same thing when I called to set up our next appointment. During my first visit my hygienist that day was Sally **. While she was cleaning my teeth she asked when was the last time I had a cleaning. I held up 6 fingers, she said, "6 months ago?" I held up a thumbs up. After she was done she said I had solidified plaque that has been there for longer than 6 months. This was very shocking to me because I had been going to the same hygienist for 18 years every 6 months so how was anything solidified on my teeth? She explained to me what would have happened to that tooth if left there.

I am very thankful that I switch to Eastern Dental. Dr. ** was very nice as well. I would say that cleaning is the best cleaning I have ever had in my life!!! My teeth stayed whiter in-between cleanings as well. I absolutely love my new dental hygienist. I feel that she goes above and beyond for my teeth. I am so happy we switched!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Eastern Dental of Northfield. From the moment I entered the establishment, the older lady at the front, **, was extremely rude to my wife and myself. The rudeness was overlooked as she may have been having a bad day. My wife and I dealt with the rudeness for a while, since it was only a twice a year occurrence, during cleanings. It became worse when I needed work done and I needed a specialist. The paperwork went in on Oct. 2016 and my situation has not been remedied to this day. I had to call the insurance company to assist me with the paperwork. I even left work early to pick up a referral that I was told was ready and when I arrived, lo and behold. "We're sorry... we don't know who told you it was ready. You should have called."

I spoke to the office manager to complain about the rudeness and incompetence of the secretaries and that is when the situation became worse. Paperwork was not being filed, phone calls not returned, referrals not being ready. My dental situation has worsened and I will now switch dentists. I will drive an extra 50 miles just to be with staff that are competent. For the record, and please note, the dentists, the hygienists, and all staff that worked on my spouse and myself were beyond reproach. They did excellent work. It is the staff at the front desk, that answers the phone, the secretaries. They are an issue.

The office manager, **, was unprofessional. I just called now to ask for a referral and I got berated like a 5 year old. "Didn't we take care of this before? Why are you calling again?" I called yesterday to ask for the same referral and the rude secretary, **, said, "I can't hear you, you have a bad connection," and hung up. I am extremely dissatisfied with the services rendered by the front office. It is an absolute shame that the good staff of dentists and support staff are being subjected to that type of behavior. I hope this helps someone or at the very least the office staff is retrained.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I read many reviews and wanted write one that was positive in the long run. I have been going to this facility for over 10 years. I have had my share of waiting, especially for cleanings. It always seems the hygienist is late to work or one calls out. As for the work done there, I have had some poor work and some good. Recently I had a great experience with one dentist and assistant. The name of dentist started with an Fr. Not sure if I can use his full name legally. He was funny and so far his work looks great. The assistant, Michelle was attentive to my needs as well. I was told this doctor usually only does specialty work and is not at the Toms River facility but one day a week. As long as I can continue to see him, I will go there again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My daughter went there to get her braces. My insurance covered her 100% for ortho until the age of 19. Once she turned 19, she did not return because #1 she was no longer covered, #2 she had gone out of state to college and had no income to set up a payment plan. More than 1 year later, they called my daughter and told her she had more than a $900 outstanding balance. She explained that she hadn't had any adjustments since the insurance dropped her. The person rudely responded, "So what? We're still charging you whether you come or not."

At this point, I called the insurance company. They advised me that they've never received a claim from Eastern Dental at all. I have tried to contact someone in their billing department, but no one ever answers. If they are in fact trying to receive payment from a patient who was 100%, that they never entered a claim for, AND attempting to charge also for services not rendered, that would constitute fraud. And I will be speaking with a lawyer.

They picked the right one to play with. I am a nurse who works with insurance companies all day, every day. I have direct access to people in very high places in the insurance company in question and family who is married to and works with a very good lawyer. They better get this mess straightened out fast, or they're going to get a lot more than what they bargained for. I'm not playing with these people and their scams when it comes to my daughter, and her/my money and credit.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Be informed of your insurance coverages before having dental work here. They ask you to sign their pre-treatment billing and then contact your insurance company for their coverages. Upon arrival for appointment at a later date, you are called into their financial office and ask if you are aware how much it will cost and how you will pay the balance (They have easy monthly payment plans... of course that's the catch). In my case, I had my insurance company's EOB... 100% coverage for work on 2 teeth. Financial manager told me only 1 was covered 100%. I disputed that with her. Told her to find the EOB I gave them the week prior. Lo and behold, there it was! Was then told she would have to look into it! Ummm, no, it's right there in front of your eyes. I confirmed with my Insurer today that I pay ZERO. So, will go back to finalize 1 tooth then not going back! Shady dealings.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I had a Valplast denture made there over 10 years ago. A Valplast is suppose to be guaranteed for life. I was not told that I should of had a authentic serial# to be able to register the partial denture. The denture cracked and I just recently went to Eastern Dental, Marlton to get the info from my records. I was told that the records are destroyed after 10 years. They do not archive the records for a long period. In their computer system they only had me in there as a office visit. I was quickly brushed off by the office manager. She was very unprofessional and did not as well as could not handle the situation. Why is there no record of my dental x-rays, exam and denture not in the system? Especially with today's technology and Digital images. Something is wrong. This is very upsetting to me and an expense since a VALPLAST is expensive.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I was a patient with Eastern Dental up until recently. I went to them a year ago in Vineland. They said I needed my fillings replaced. I kept going back they replaced them. One of the molars broke. I went back and told them it broke. It was one they just recently redid the filling on. The office manager came in and said no it wasn't but they'd do a crown but I'd have to pay 5-600 bucks. I don't have it. This year 2 other fillings fell out. It left me in a crap load of pain. I called and I got no answer. I called for a couple days then I switched. I went to a new dentist who said the molars were destroyed. They're just a shell and need to come out. The other molar had a piece of filling it started coming out so I just pulled it out. The new dentist said it doesn't matter it needs a crown anyway but at least it's able to be saved. I wanted to go back to eastern to tell them they wrecked my molars. I figured I'd write a review in hopes to save someone else's teeth.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

This is the worst dental office I have ever been to. From walking in, you are greeted with rude receptionist, wait over 1.5 hours for just a routine cleaning, spend less than 2 minutes with the doctor, and then the office manager is the rudest of them all: Andry **. I would have never thought just a simple cleaning would be such a hassle and such a disappointment. The customer service is atrocious. I wish I read reviews before going there. Save yourself a trip. Do not go here.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

DO NOT GO HERE IT IS TERRIBLE. I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED BEFORE ABOUT A COMPANY. BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I had a filling fall out and it was hurting so I made an emergency appointment. They had me take Motrin and make an appointment to have the filling refilled. I could not get an appointment for 2 months, by the time the 2 months came around I went to my appointment and they told me it was not a simple filling anymore. I needed to schedule an appointment for a root canal. So then the next appointment available is 2 months away!

So the day of the appointment I have a babysitter set up and I receive a phone call stating the dentist called out and I would need to make another appointment. I understand dentists get sick too. So when is the next available appointment? 2 MONTHS AWAY. This is the only dentist office my insurance will allow me to go to. This is absolutely terrible that a business can be run like this, let alone a healthcare business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

The staff lacks etiquette and business procedure. The dentist should try reading the patient's file before performing any dental work. In my opinion search for professional dentists who will take the time to read and an office staff with manners and understands Customer Service. Bottom line go somewhere!!!!

Original review: May 24, 2015

I just don't get any feeling of trust. Something's up. I had a good checkup and then the dentist came and told my gums were bleeding and ordered a series of deep scale cleaning - each of which took less time than the regular scheduled cleaning. How do I know if I really have bleeding gums. I can't see it in the mirror, feel it or taste it.

Original review: May 9, 2015

1st visit to Eastern Dental of Northfield 11-13-14. I gave them my Dental History. I had a crown done on tooth 19 in 8-13. Eastern Dental said there was a cavity under it and needed to be replaced. They gave me a print out saying it would cost me $537.90. Atnea Insurance would pay $856.10. Fine. They deal with insurance companies everyday - but failed to tell me that crowns are only covered every 5 years. I have paid them $372.45 - they send me a bill for 542.75 more. Telling me now that the insurance will not cover. My family Dr. will not do a procedure unless it is pre-approved. Yet Eastern Dental does the procedure then tells you the good news. I am retired and this seems very unfair to me.

Original review: April 15, 2015

I was a new patient and when I made the appointment I told them that I had 1 possibly 2 teeth that were broken and needed to be pulled. Well they had no dentist there when I went and the one dentist wanted to be a filling in the one tooth as a temporary fix. I said, “No that it was a waste of money.” I know that I need dentures due to illness which has ruined my teeth. I didn't even have my remaining teeth cleaned because it was useless. Avoid this place.

Original review: April 6, 2015

My son went to this dentist and the dentist had a personality like a shoe lace. He was miserable and hated his job. My family is looking for a good dentist and this is definitely a NO. Then to top it off they send me a bill for the consult and cleaning. So I call my insurance company and they tell me that "They are in the plan and should not have billed you FOR ANYTHING." I did get it straightened out after a couple of phone calls and then when they told me the account has been adjusted I asked for a bill showing a zero balance and they told me they don't do that and then when I pressed them for it ** from the Howell office hung up on me. STAY AWAY FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

The staff at Eastern Dental, Brick, NJ is very friendly and efficient. I recently had major dental work done here. Donna fit me in 2x for minor comfort adjustments. Liz is the financial associate: She is smart and accommodating, great at explaining pricing and insurance (and funny which is a comfort in this process). Dr. ** is VERY talented in the SCIENCE and ART of Dental work! He helped me choose a natural ivory shade for my dental work. (I did not want that glow-in-the-dark, white/blue shade.) He understood and compassionately guided me. Dr. ** also kept me on track when I might have hesitated or not completed the process. A Park Avenue Dental Association would be FORTUNATE to have Dr. ** on their staff! The Oral Surgeon is also Very impressive and essentially painless!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2014

This is about both the Marlton and Woodbury Hts office. Marlton lasted one visit because they insisted to just remove all my teeth from my mouth and get false teeth!! Felt they were very inexperienced and rude! Woodbury hts also rude and seemed not knowing what to do. Had someone other than dentist do filling, fell out 3 months later.. Told them I had front crowns that were cemented in on the weak side. When they did the cleaning, girl became very rude and took hook and said she needed to get in front crowns after I told dentist no! I said to her "Get away from my front crowns!" She said "Dentist said if they came off you will just have to get new ones!!" I've had some dental nightmares starting 5 years ago by inadequate dentists but this one was the worst. Then they sent me something in mail saying I need 2000 of work done. I believe all the Eastern Dental dentists are not knowledgeable and care only for the money. Sadly this and a few other dentist are listed on my insurance and they are all bad. Stay away from these dentist!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

First, I feel better that so many other people have had horrible experiences with this dental practice. Although the dentist I usually see is good, the director there is a complete incompetent. My complaint is pretty much on par with the ones I read: long wait times, long waits between trying to schedule an appointment, etc. Just so, my major complaint is the complete lack of caring and the worst "customer service" (and I use the term loosely) I have ever encountered. The clincher was recently I had an abscess and I called thinking I could get in that day. OH NO. I was told I had to wait until 11 AM the NEXT day to call for an emergency appointment! WHAT?? OK I wasn't in a lot of pain, but still. I was also told that when I called for an emergency, that "treatment isn't promised." HUH? So WHY am I calling you? Unbelievable. I'm in the process of looking for another practice, but due to my odd working hours, the hours at Eastern were convenient. Forget it, I'd rather lose time at work than deal with that nonsense anymore!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I had appointment today for cleaning supposedly at 11:15am. I sign in by 11:05am and the lady at the front desk was talking to the other two front desk ladies about a patient that his wife told him that they got a phone call from them with no voicemail therefore all three were talking so ironic and funny as can be last night. I got a call from them, when I answer nobody talk. I just hung up. I wait for about 50 minutes and I got up. I told her that I want to cancel the appointment since this waiting was too extremely long... I mean why they didn't schedule my appointment at 12pm? She didn't care a thing, she just said (OK...OK...OK). Not customer service at all. I gonna look for another dental office tomorrow. I don't need this kind of bad service.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2014

I feel it takes too long to get an appointment to see the dentist. It's a shame that one has to wait five months to get seen. They need to change some things.

Original review: July 11, 2014

My first visit impression was that this office was like an assembly line. You go to one room for x-rays with only a half wall separating you from nine other exam chairs. Then the dentist comes in, says nothing and the technician explains everything to be done. I should not have returned. On my second visit the dentist wanted to do a root canal on a tooth I had no pain in and when I explained I was having discomfort in another tooth that had a cavity, they sighed and finally agreed to work on the tooth I was actually having pain in.

My biggest issue was when my husband took my 14 year old daughter in for a filling of a cavity. He sat in the room with her and once the dentist numbed her, they asked my husband if he could go out to the reception area and pay the bill before they started the work. This did not sit well with me so I called the office manager the next day and asked them if that was the policy. She said "Kids usually act up when the parents are in the room." I have been a pediatric nurse for many years and the exact opposite is true when it comes to medical procedures. The parents comfort the children. Plus, my daughter is 14, not 4! Then the office manager said, "well, some people get work done and don't pay." OK, so then why not ask for the payment before you go into the room?

My husband said he felt like because of how he was dressed they singled him out. My husband is a crane operator and had come directly from work. So he was in dirty jeans and a t-shirt. To be honest, I had been there twice before for me and one other time with my daughter and they never asked me to pay before the treatments. Obviously I will not be going back there. Any place that asks me to leave my scared 14 year old daughter alone while I go pay the bill is looking for trouble.

Original review: June 2, 2014

Dental care in the Laurel Springs office - The main dentist and office manager are the so rude. The bottom line is they care about money not patients. I sat in the office for 1hr and 30 mins for the rude office manager came out to tell me the care my daughter needed wasn't available, she was too young. Even though the week before the dentist said it was needed and it was scheduled. When I sat and waited a prior appt left they didn't even know who, because everyone is just a number and that's how they treat you. They should be ashamed of themselves for not giving quality care and honoring appt times. My daughter was cancelled 3X to have a tooth pulled and my husband 2X. This review doesn't even begin to cover my complaint of this office. I could continue to write about how the patients sit in the office and complain about how they hate coming there and how they cancel appts more than they keep them. I could go on and on.

Original review: April 24, 2014

I paid 4500.00 out of pocket for my son's braces. I was told the office had convenient hours for adjustments. Once I paid the entire amount they were unable to accommodate my schedule. The only available appointments were late in June. In addition to not having adjustments done regularly, I was told he would have them on for 18 months. It has now been 26 months and his teeth are not nearly ready to have the braces removed.

Eastern Dental Company Information