Brick, NJ

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Eastern Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Dental?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Stay far away from here. My son and I went there for a cleaning. After we waited 1.5 hours they finaly calls us. They take x -rays. Make us wait some more then the doctor comes in and says, "Sorry. You will have to come back because the hygienist is not here but I can give you an exam." The place is like a mad house. All they do is find things to charge you for. It's all about money. There is no personal privacy. Everything is out in the open. It's like a mill. Stay away. They wanted to pull a tooth on my husband that wasn't needed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Eastern Dental of Parsippany. Don’t go here. All they care about is what extra they can charge you. They don’t do a good cleaning. The first time I went here they did the x-rays and then the Dentist sees you to check your teeth. After that you go to get the cleaning. After a few years of getting a cleaning, the woman cleaning them didn’t even take out the hook to pick them. She went around the teeth for about 30 seconds with the sonic cleaner and did nothing. Basically, just quickly and lightly traced the gum line. I said, "Wow that was quick" and she said, "Your teeth were really good." To remind you this was after 2 or 3 years since I had a chance to go to a dentist for a cleaning. In all the years of using a regular dentist every 6 months or so, he checks after the cleaning to see how they cleaned your teeth.

This time I went, and because I believed her when she said, "Your teeth were really good." I thought it was 2 or 3 years again but it was 4. I heard other people say they don’t clean your teeth good and left them for a regular Dentist. I told the Dentist about the cleaning last time and said I needed a good cleaning. I asked why he sees me before and not after the cleaning and he said he likes to see you before so he can see what kind of cleaning you need. I thought that was odd but I found out that this means is if he puts a certain number down you have to pay an extra $100 for a precleaning. Even though they say everything is included in your plan and you don’t pay except for about $1500 for braces, they lie.

I asked why I have to pay the extra $100 for a cleaning and they said they have to do extra work like using the pick to go under the gums to clean them. I reminded them about the bad cleaning last time and also said that is how a regular dentist cleans your teeth and all I want is a cleaning but he did not care. The lady who calls the insurance company and always comes out and asks for more money said there is nothing she could do. They can’t clean my teeth because of the number the dentist put down there and insurance won’t pay for it. Not even just their regular lousy cleaning. I have more stories too. Like one about how they charge extra for my wife’s cap and the free included one is the cheap one you don’t want. Don’t sign up for these thieves. You’ll be stuck for a year if you're part of the Union plan. If you are not in a plan I have no idea why anyone would come here by choice.

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Went there because my filling felt like it was out. She said she couldn't fill it but can take it out. I said no, I need that tooth. She quietly said, "Why you want something you can't use?" I responded and said I came here years ago. Someone took the wrong tooth out. Now if you take that I won't be able to eat on that side. She responded, "Get a implant." I said my insurance don't cover that. She left.

Now 8-10 weeks I'm in pain. I call for emergency. She said nothing wrong with my teeth. I said it is. She tried touching it. I jumped it hurt so bad. She still said nothing wrong! She gave me ** because might be a sinus infection, 3 days on it got worse. I end up at urgent care then straight to ER. To find out I have a abscess in my tooth same one the dentist examined. I'm now on ** and antibiotics and got a shot of steroids and they sedated me to calm down all because the dentist didn't do her job! When I complained to the supervisor she said if come back there I will get her again so I have to transfer. Not acceptable!!! She didn't have anyone number for me to call to make a complaint. She should be fired! And shame on the supervisor for doing nothing! I want something done. If I have to get a lawyer I will!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Updated on 04/16/2021: I wrote what happened Yesterday and this morning I got a call from the Director telling me NOT to Come back to Eastern Dental, because I Complained to Corporate. I went to Eastern Dental in Clementon for 35 years, 1st going there at 22 years old getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out. I was in the Process of getting Partials in my mouth, I was getting Angry because it took 2 years so far and my daughter is getting married May 8th and I was trying to get my mouth right.

The Director Labega totally turned on me and acted like I was a problem patient. He was the one that was too scared to remove my last 2 teeth (because of my heart) but have taken 8 teeth out in 5 years (I had a heart attack 5 years ago). This whole Dilemma is Wrong. They have my Medical Records and Said they are Mailing them to me. I was Treated Unfairly and I will speak to an attorney regarding this Matter. You should be able to Disagree with a worker WITHOUT being Disrespected and Removed from Going there. I was there Longer than ANY worker.

Original Review: I just had my 2nd Argument with the Office Manager in Clementon NJ. She didn't like that I told her that I didn't like how she was talking to me, she argued with me & yelling at me.. I asked for a Corporate Number to Complain and She said No. She was Racist to me Twice now and Hung up the phone on me. I am thinking about getting a lawyer because I don't want to deal with her, but I've been going to Eastern Dental for 35 years. I am in the middle of getting prepared for partials and should not have to Kiss her Butt to get an appointment. I have been getting the Run-around with my Treatments and Appointments. I Think her name is Stephanie, just Know that She will Treat you Wrong if you don't Agree with her. She is Very Rude.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I went in for a checkup. I was told that I was going to need extensive work costing roughly $3,200. I went it for my first appointment to get one tooth extracted, when I told the dentist that about the situation where I was approved for credit for $2,400. The dentist then ask me to go and reschedule and speak to someone at the front desk. At first she refused to credit back the money to CreditCare card until I told her I would call them. As of right now Eastern dental told me to call and reschedule when got the credit increase. They wouldn't work with me, in the slightest, with the price. And I've been with them two years. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! EASTERN Dental doesn't care about their patients...

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

After over 20 years of our family care, Eastern Dental was sold and the past few years have been horrific. From the extremely rude staff, (actually takes personal cell phone calls while waiting on you), to the constant turnover of dentists. My husband went for an implant, and 1.5 years later, several infections, 3 doctors come and gone, he has a huge hole in his mouth that we can only hope another dentist will be able to fix. And, they will not refund the money he paid for us to even try to get help elsewhere. I am in intermittent pain from very bad bridge work. The hygienists are very nice, but we actually did not realize what a great cleaning was until we went elsewhere. Their corporate office doesn't even have a customer service line anymore, and they do not return your calls.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Eastern Dental was absolutely nothing short of amazing. They were very informative. I have to go back to get some work done, and they seemed to actually care about my dental needs. I went back quick with little to no wait in the waiting room. Very courteous and professional. If I could give them 10 stars I would. Thanks Eastern Dental!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My children had been long time clients of Eastern Dental. My ex-husband and the kids' dental insurance is through his work. I'm a former client who left their service years ago because of terrible customer service; not by the people who actually handle patient care but the unprofessional office staff. It always takes months to get an appointment. My children and I always end up waiting for an average of an hour to be placed in a room for a scheduled appointment. Office staff always have an annoyed look on their faces like you are bothering them especially when you're asking a question.

Today my daughter has a follow up appointment, scheduled months ago, to see if she's ready for braces (she's 11). We did not receive ANY reminders either by email, text or phone; I checked, so I called the office one hour prior to scheduled appointment to confirm. The female who answered the phone told me that their system is down and she cannot gain access to confirm the appointment and that she could not help me. I politely informed her that my daughter's appointment is a follow up for braces (which I know is a separate department from general dentistry) and I asked her if she could check with the appropriate department to see if they have her chart already pulled out or if anyone in that department knows anything because her appointment is in an hour.

I work in health care and some if not most patient centered offices usually have an idea which patients are coming in for the day at the beginning of the day and try to have their charts ready. I also explained to her that my daughter would be missing her play rehearsal in order to be at the appointment. She put me on hold to check and never came back. After being on hold for 14 minutes I hung up because I'll be late picking up my kids at the school carline; by then it was 2:15 pm.

My daughter and I arrived at the dentist office at 3 pm. There was a lady with 2 teenagers sitting in the waiting area. As I was beginning to sign in when one of the 3 females at the front desk asked me who I'm signing in and I gave her my daughter's name and that she has a 3 pm appointment. She said she tried to call me and that their system is down. When I asked when she called, she just gave me a dumb look and didn't give me a time. I told them that I called earlier to confirm my appointment and was put on hold and I hung up after being on hold for 14 minutes. Another one of the females at the desk said that their system went down when they came back from lunch break. If that is the case then why didn't they just cancel my appointment when I called? I showed up with my daughter because that female staff did not say that they are cancelling all appointments for the day.

I figured their computer system may not be working but the dentist's hands and tools are still working (they have electricity in the office). Then they told me I have to call to reschedule the appointment but of course they don't know when the "system" would be operational. I left the office disgusted of their inconsiderate behavior and inability to make appropriate logical decisions. Somehow I'm not totally surprised...it is Eastern Dental of Vineland after all.

When I got home after driving my daughter back to school so she does not completely miss her play practice and get in trouble with the teacher, there was no message in my answering machine or cell phone. My ex husband told me that there was a message left on his home answering machine before 3 pm. Don't these people allot for travel time that they call you to cancel just a few minutes before your appointment? Don't they try the cell phones which are more likely to be with the person you're trying to contact? If they really want to make contact. I told my ex husband that as long as the kids go to this office because the dental insurance he picked requires them to, he could call and make the appointments. I will drive the kids there but the least verbal interaction I have with any of their unprofessional, unfriendly office people the better.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I tolerated and never complained through all these years we've been going there. I've been patient and understanding through all the poor appointment schedulings, unfriendly and unaccommodating office staff and unreasonable long times sitting in the waiting room with 3 children. But my patience had reached its limit when it comes to this Eastern Dental office and that is why I am writing this review. Judging from the reviews I've read regarding this dental office and the verbal comments from some past and present clients, I am not alone in having this poor opinion. I would never recommend this office to anyone.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have been a patient of Eastern Dental for over 8 years. I normally only need my 6 month cleaning and thanks to my being able to afford dental insurance this is 100% covered. Back in December the crown broke on a back molar, only weeks after my last check up. Even though I'm a long time patient I still had to wait a few days to be worked in. Ok, it's close to Christmas. I understand. I also know that my coverage is 50/50 on a crown. When I got in, they took a mold and collected what they told me would be half of my 50%. OK. I was told it would be in before Christmas, whoever, there weren't any appointments available til February. Now, before they put the crown in, I had to pay the other half of my 50%....OK. Now I believe I was done with this procedure. NO!!!! I get a bill the other day for $141.00 more.

I called Eastern & was told Aetna raised their co-pay. What???? Lie #1. My Aetna plan doesn't charge me a co-pay...the girl insisted that it was Aetna's co-pay. I asked her if a pre-note had been done for this service, but the girl told me that Aetna doesn't require one. Lie #2 So I called Aetna. NO CO-PAY. Eastern changed/upgraded from the covered crown to a porcelain crown WITHOUT telling/asking me. Now the crown is in my mouth 2 months & I'm responsible to pay for this crown that Eastern upgraded without my permission or knowledge. Maybe if I had been made aware at the time of the procedure that porcelain would look better, wear better, but not covered by my insurance I would have agreed, but Eastern blind sided me.

I'm 70 years old and really don't care what the crown in the back of mouth looks like so long as it does the job. And Aetna DOES recommend that pre-notes be submitted and that it was Eastern who decided NOT to do one. This is a crappy way of doing business. There is NO personal care at Eastern. When my dental insurance changed from Delta to Aetna...I just looked for a dentist convenient to my location. I guess that was my first error. I went from a small dental office to a place that looks like a cattle call...I'll be looking for a new dentist that takes Aetna, that is smaller & personal. And I will never let a dentist put his/her hands in my mouth without a pre-note.!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The cleaning was great and I had filling done my hygienic seen crack in my tooth in the back. I was happy about that. I love how Eastern Dental take care of my teeth. It is a wonderful dental to go to. I recommend anyone to go to Eastern Dental to get their teeth taken care. They great work. Thank you guys for a great job.

Eastern Dental Company Information