1.53/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Brick, NJ

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

52 Eastern Dental Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have been a patient of Eastern Dental for over 8 years. I normally only need my 6 month cleaning and thanks to my being able to afford dental insurance this is 100% covered. Back in December the crown broke on a back molar, only weeks after my last check up. Even though I'm a long time patient I still had to wait a few days to be worked in. Ok, it's close to Christmas. I understand. I also know that my coverage is 50/50 on a crown. When I got in, they took a mold and collected what they told me would be half of my 50%. OK. I was told it would be in before Christmas, whoever, there weren't any appointments available til February. Now, before they put the crown in, I had to pay the other half of my 50%....OK. Now I believe I was done with this procedure. NO!!!! I get a bill the other day for $141.00 more.

I called Eastern & was told Aetna raised their co-pay. What???? Lie #1. My Aetna plan doesn't charge me a co-pay...the girl insisted that it was Aetna's co-pay. I asked her if a pre-note had been done for this service, but the girl told me that Aetna doesn't require one. Lie #2 So I called Aetna. NO CO-PAY. Eastern changed/upgraded from the covered crown to a porcelain crown WITHOUT telling/asking me. Now the crown is in my mouth 2 months & I'm responsible to pay for this crown that Eastern upgraded without my permission or knowledge. Maybe if I had been made aware at the time of the procedure that porcelain would look better, wear better, but not covered by my insurance I would have agreed, but Eastern blind sided me.

I'm 70 years old and really don't care what the crown in the back of mouth looks like so long as it does the job. And Aetna DOES recommend that pre-notes be submitted and that it was Eastern who decided NOT to do one. This is a crappy way of doing business. There is NO personal care at Eastern. When my dental insurance changed from Delta to Aetna...I just looked for a dentist convenient to my location. I guess that was my first error. I went from a small dental office to a place that looks like a cattle call...I'll be looking for a new dentist that takes Aetna, that is smaller & personal. And I will never let a dentist put his/her hands in my mouth without a pre-note.!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The cleaning was great and I had filling done my hygienic seen crack in my tooth in the back. I was happy about that. I love how Eastern Dental take care of my teeth. It is a wonderful dental to go to. I recommend anyone to go to Eastern Dental to get their teeth taken care. They great work. Thank you guys for a great job.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Eastern Dental Clifton - Very unprofessional. Couldn't make our appointment when they had no one there. Called their mother "garbage" in front of 14 year old child. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: May 1, 2018

It takes months to get an appointment (Cinnaminson, NJ). The office staff is unprofessional, incompetent, and doesn’t maintain privacy. The dentists are unskilled, uncaring, and uncompassionate. Don’t go here. Any place would be better.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Don't waste your time setting an appointment with them. I set an appointment a month in advanced. Then, they asked a copy from Aetna Insurance that they are the primary dentist. No copy from Aetna means no appointment. After asking Aetna insurance to fax them the requested copies twice, they lost those copies. I wasted my time and I was asked to call the insurance again. Because they lost the copies, they want me to correct their mistakes by calling the insurance again. I cancelled the appointment and never looked back. Amy, who she said is the manager, is completely incompetent. The staff is completely unprofessional and rude making faces while I was trying to voice out my concern. Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Dental?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

After 2 years my implant job is still with swollen and bleeding gums. They cannot get the uppers to adjust or the lower partial. They have sent the partial back 5 times each having new impressions. If you are thinking of having implants done by Eastern Dental save your money and look elsewhere. The worst experience of my 78 years. I went to a specialist and they were flabbergasted at what I ended up with. To correct the problems I have will cost me another $15,000.00 on top of the $16,000.00 I paid to Eastern Dental. I am trying to recover my cost from Eastern Dental but lawyers will not take the case since it is such a small amount, they tell me it takes too much of their time and they get only a third. No justice. To sum it up, stay away from Eastern Dental.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

This Eastern Dental office is the worse. Terrible front desk service. They are so rude. The manager is very rude too. The waiting time for the waiting area is ridiculous. If you make a complain they are disrespectful and rude, also they make so much mistakes and ruin my teeth. This is the worse dentist office ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Eastern Dental Hamilton - Still have to smh over a recent emergency visit to the above facility that is the designated provider in my managed care dental insurance via my employer (union... with 38,000 members). I was in EXTREME pain and I went to the facility in the a.m. and was given an afternoon emergency appointment. I had mentioned to the receptionist that I believed I needed an extraction. I returned in the afternoon and was seen by a dentist within a reasonable amount of time. However, said dentist could not perform the extraction and said my problem would require an oral surgeon. She initially wrote a prescription for painkillers and antibiotics that would last approximately 5 days. The problem was that I was given an appointment 12 days from this visit due to the fact that the oral surgeon was only available on Mondays and one Wednesday a month. She extended the painkiller prescription by another 5 days upon my request.

The painkillers did not provide any relief and I was completely disconsolate, desperate and traumatized by the thought of having to endure this horrible PAIN for 12 more days. I went to another dentist the next morning and had the tooth pulled, paying out of pocket almost $300.00. Guess what, it was not a SURGICAL removal. It was a run of the mill extraction. My insurance will be billed by EASTERN DENTAL for an EMERGENCY which I assume is at a higher rate than a regular visit and I had to pay for the removal of a tooth that could have been performed by a dentist that can perform regular extractions. When I returned 2 days later to cancel the original, ridiculous appointment I attempted to arrange a general checkup so as to avoid any potential future problems and was told first available was almost 3 months hence.

Ergo, if I have any problem in the intervening time I will have to use another emergency appointment for which I will have to pay, as the insurance carrier allows only 1 per year. I will be filing an official complaint with my insurance carrier and my union. If you can't provide REAL and COMPLETE emergency service it is incumbent upon the provider to at least notify the user PRIOR to the visit and it is unconscionable for the provider to bill the insurance company for EMERGENCY service as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

EASTERN DENTAL- CLIFTON OFFICE. I was told I needed over $5,000.00 of dental work done immediately. I was not a new patient. I have been going to Eastern Dental for several years. They take x-rays every time I go and they didn't see that I had an issue. I asked if they can do a less intrusive method and immediately was told no! I was not offer any payment options since the cost was a significantly high amount.

So I decided to get a second opinion since it didn't make sense. I am so glad I did!! There was a less intrusive method that my new dentist office found!! Also please double check with your insurance before having any procedure done. The billing department will say it's covered and it's NOT. Word of advice please get a second opinion. I am done with Eastern Dental.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Terrible customer service. I should have known better. From the first day I had problems with these people. I called for an appointment. Brenda told me they had to be in my insurance. I called my insurance to make sure everything was ok. The insurance called them to make sure everything was ok and since I was in so much pain they cant accept me as of that same day. In which they agreed. After arriving there the next day and waiting over an hour I was told they couldn't see me because I will quality two months later. I immediately contacted my insurance while standing in front of Lourdes. My insurance verified everything. She said, "I spoke to Lourdes and she agreed to accept you as of yesterday", then she said "are you there now" and I said yes.

She then said "can you tell Lourdes I will call her now or you can just hand her your phone if you like." But the lady from the insurance said, "I will call her now." In less than a minute Brenda was talking to my insurance. Brenda looked at me with an upsetting face like if I did something wrong. As if I was telling on her. Well I did. I was not going to let her say I couldn't be seen when she had already given me an appointment and I was there 30 minutes early to be seen (I was in a lot of pain). After Brenda finished talking to the insurance lady she gave me the phone because the insurance lady wanted to reassure me that I was going to be seen today. This bothered Brenda, I can see it in her face.

Once I returned the phone thanking her, she said in a not very nice way, "I can't do something I do not have in the computer/chart". Then I said, "what are you talking about, you told me that after speaking to my insurance I was accepted as of the same day and you gave me an appointment for the following day, today". She then said "I am doing my job, I will not do something I am not suppose to do". Now why all the attitude with me. I did nothing wrong but verify with my insurance that I was okay to see this dentist. Brenda was extremely upset, her face was red and as much as she tried to play it off she couldn't. That was my first incident. The second one was my bill. Charges were just ridiculous. They were charging me as if I didn't have insurance. Meanwhile they charged me full amount and they also charge the insurance. Smh.

The staff manager is unprofessional and extremely rude. After I was given the bill, I questioned it because I have dental insurance. I asked why did they put 0 for what the insurance pays. I was told that's how they have it in the system. So I called my insurance and asked about it and the bill I was given from them. I was told they have a chart with all the prices and they have to go by that. In other words they were charging the insurance and they were charging me the full amount as if I didn't have insurance. When I went back to the office a couple of days later, I questioned it again and Lourdes told me they would look into it and to bring the chart (chart with the correct price). Excuse me!!! This is your job not mine. They should have this already.

They have a contract with my insurance that they should follow. After discussing this matter with the financial coordinator the staff manager saw me upset and asked me what was wrong. I explained myself... She immediately attacked me by saying we all make mistakes and at least she gave you almost a $500 discount. This got me so damn furious. So I said to the staff manager, "she did not give me a discount. You need to follow the insurance contract you guys have with my insurance". Besides she was still charging me the wrong amount. The staff manager kept talking I de me. She would not let me speak. Her voice kept getting louder and louder saying that she gave me a good price because the bill was almost $500 less and that I should be happy.

I was so upset that I went to the back to get the work done, I was upset and shaking. When I get upset I tend to cry because I am angry. What I really wanted to do was tell her off but I am not that kind of person. I was asked what was wrong by my dentist. After explaining what had happened they looked for the director so I can speak to him. But he was out to lunch. After the filling I got my next appointment, meanwhile the staff kept staring and talking about me. I left after getting my next appointment. It feels weird when I go to that office. They are in the middle of a root canal which has taken them more than two months to finalize it.

Once they finish that I will be looking for another dentist. And regarding a review I read about the staff texting and all that, it's true. This Clifton office is just as bad. The staff is always texting and using unprofessional language (cussing). Not professional at all. But the worse thing is... I noticed that if you have to spit, they out this thin vacuum sort of thing in your mouth in which has no plastic cover and it's not replaceable. Meaning everyone uses the same one. I have never seen them disinfect this. I always watch them. They use and make sure they use new supplies... Now that I think about it, it's very scary. If someone is sick with any type of disease and these people are not cleaning the supplies they are using with other patients, we are all in danger here. No wonder every person I have talk to has the same complaint. They all get really bad infections... even when they just go for a simple thing like a filling.

I have an appointment today, and the more I think about this, the more scared I am to go. BEWARE, make sure if you have insurance you know exactly what they are suppose to charge you. You can call your insurance. They will mail you or tell you to go on their website to see the prices. And if you don't have insurance like my dad, get ready to get a big bill and when you question something... get ready for the attitude you will get from the staff. They seem not to know anything about customer service. Everything is with an attitude and they are always right no matter what. So stay away. I have no choice than to let them finish what they started since I already paid for this procedure (root canal).

One last thing.... pay as you go. Do Not Pay in advance. They will not do everything you paid for. If you do it as you go, they will make sure you come back to keep charging you. I recently found out I have a co pay of $15. What!!! A co pay? Now is when you tell me. I have been going to them since March or April at least four or five times a month. Now do the math. This means I owe them that too on top of the "regular bill". This is why they keep making you come back so many times, they keep billing the insurance for nonsense and they charge you for co pay???

Eastern Dental Company Information