Eastern Dental

Brick, NJ

Compare Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions

Research top Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They claim that their calendar only goes out for 3 months so you can't make appointment for your 6 month check up while you are there. You must call in 3 months only to be told there are no openings and you have to wait 3 months. The days that they do offer are only during the work day. Fine if you don't work, but if you do, be prepared to take at least 3 days because all of your work will not be done in one visit. You will need 1 visit for cleaning, 1 visit for exam ONLY to be told what you need and you will have to make yet a 3rd appointment of course only during their limited hours. My plan was to include everything, no copays, yet I was constantly being charged additional fees for things that were "not covered".

The free teeth whitening for life is a joke. It required an initial outlay of money, molds of your teeth, etc. all requiring numerous appointments. Then the teeth whitener is to be refilled for free every time you go for a cleaning yet, they always "forgot" that I was supposed to get it or told that I didn't qualify for it because I violated the terms of the deal which is to return every 6 months. Which was impossible. The worst was when I had a very bad abscess requiring antibiotics. I was given an emergency appointment, prescription for antibiotics and again, numerous appointments. The tooth had to be pulled eventually. The office manager was rude, the staff couldn't be bothered. While trying to schedule appointments I gave them times and days that weren't good for me, they in turn offered those as my appointment times?

Lastly, you cannot use any location that is convenient or has appointments, you and your entire family pick one location and that's it. The entire family is stuck with it, including the ones that live away at school. Making this plan useless. I switched back to my traditional private dental plan and dentist and couldn't be happier.

Eastern Dental of Union has the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I scheduled an appointment for a chipped tooth. After sitting there for over 3 hours, I left with a chipped tooth still and a cleaning. This place is a ripoff and does not provide quality service. They do not care about the patients. All they care about is scheduling you for as many appointments as they can so they can charge your insurance. This shouldn't be allowed. This isn't my first bad experience with this dentist however it will be my last.

I recently switched to Eastern Dental from a private practice. Setting up my family for our first time visit was a breeze, the lady I spoke with over the phone was patient while setting up four new patients. Same thing when I called to set up our next appointment. During my first visit my hygienist that day was Sally **. While she was cleaning my teeth she asked when was the last time I had a cleaning. I held up 6 fingers, she said, "6 months ago?" I held up a thumbs up. After she was done she said I had solidified plaque that has been there for longer than 6 months. This was very shocking to me because I had been going to the same hygienist for 18 years every 6 months so how was anything solidified on my teeth? She explained to me what would have happened to that tooth if left there.

I am very thankful that I switch to Eastern Dental. Dr. ** was very nice as well. I would say that cleaning is the best cleaning I have ever had in my life!!! My teeth stayed whiter in-between cleanings as well. I absolutely love my new dental hygienist. I feel that she goes above and beyond for my teeth. I am so happy we switched!!

Eastern Dental of Northfield. From the moment I entered the establishment, the older lady at the front, **, was extremely rude to my wife and myself. The rudeness was overlooked as she may have been having a bad day. My wife and I dealt with the rudeness for a while, since it was only a twice a year occurrence, during cleanings. It became worse when I needed work done and I needed a specialist. The paperwork went in on Oct. 2016 and my situation has not been remedied to this day. I had to call the insurance company to assist me with the paperwork. I even left work early to pick up a referral that I was told was ready and when I arrived, lo and behold. "We're sorry... we don't know who told you it was ready. You should have called."

I spoke to the office manager to complain about the rudeness and incompetence of the secretaries and that is when the situation became worse. Paperwork was not being filed, phone calls not returned, referrals not being ready. My dental situation has worsened and I will now switch dentists. I will drive an extra 50 miles just to be with staff that are competent. For the record, and please note, the dentists, the hygienists, and all staff that worked on my spouse and myself were beyond reproach. They did excellent work. It is the staff at the front desk, that answers the phone, the secretaries. They are an issue.

The office manager, **, was unprofessional. I just called now to ask for a referral and I got berated like a 5 year old. "Didn't we take care of this before? Why are you calling again?" I called yesterday to ask for the same referral and the rude secretary, **, said, "I can't hear you, you have a bad connection," and hung up. I am extremely dissatisfied with the services rendered by the front office. It is an absolute shame that the good staff of dentists and support staff are being subjected to that type of behavior. I hope this helps someone or at the very least the office staff is retrained.

I read many reviews and wanted write one that was positive in the long run. I have been going to this facility for over 10 years. I have had my share of waiting, especially for cleanings. It always seems the hygienist is late to work or one calls out. As for the work done there, I have had some poor work and some good. Recently I had a great experience with one dentist and assistant. The name of dentist started with an Fr. Not sure if I can use his full name legally. He was funny and so far his work looks great. The assistant, Michelle was attentive to my needs as well. I was told this doctor usually only does specialty work and is not at the Toms River facility but one day a week. As long as I can continue to see him, I will go there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eastern Dental?

My daughter went there to get her braces. My insurance covered her 100% for ortho until the age of 19. Once she turned 19, she did not return because #1 she was no longer covered, #2 she had gone out of state to college and had no income to set up a payment plan. More than 1 year later, they called my daughter and told her she had more than a $900 outstanding balance. She explained that she hadn't had any adjustments since the insurance dropped her. The person rudely responded, "So what? We're still charging you whether you come or not."

At this point, I called the insurance company. They advised me that they've never received a claim from Eastern Dental at all. I have tried to contact someone in their billing department, but no one ever answers. If they are in fact trying to receive payment from a patient who was 100%, that they never entered a claim for, AND attempting to charge also for services not rendered, that would constitute fraud. And I will be speaking with a lawyer.

They picked the right one to play with. I am a nurse who works with insurance companies all day, every day. I have direct access to people in very high places in the insurance company in question and family who is married to and works with a very good lawyer. They better get this mess straightened out fast, or they're going to get a lot more than what they bargained for. I'm not playing with these people and their scams when it comes to my daughter, and her/my money and credit.

Be informed of your insurance coverages before having dental work here. They ask you to sign their pre-treatment billing and then contact your insurance company for their coverages. Upon arrival for appointment at a later date, you are called into their financial office and ask if you are aware how much it will cost and how you will pay the balance (They have easy monthly payment plans... of course that's the catch). In my case, I had my insurance company's EOB... 100% coverage for work on 2 teeth. Financial manager told me only 1 was covered 100%. I disputed that with her. Told her to find the EOB I gave them the week prior. Lo and behold, there it was! Was then told she would have to look into it! Ummm, no, it's right there in front of your eyes. I confirmed with my Insurer today that I pay ZERO. So, will go back to finalize 1 tooth then not going back! Shady dealings.

I had a Valplast denture made there over 10 years ago. A Valplast is suppose to be guaranteed for life. I was not told that I should of had a authentic serial# to be able to register the partial denture. The denture cracked and I just recently went to Eastern Dental, Marlton to get the info from my records. I was told that the records are destroyed after 10 years. They do not archive the records for a long period. In their computer system they only had me in there as a office visit. I was quickly brushed off by the office manager. She was very unprofessional and did not as well as could not handle the situation. Why is there no record of my dental x-rays, exam and denture not in the system? Especially with today's technology and Digital images. Something is wrong. This is very upsetting to me and an expense since a VALPLAST is expensive.

I was a patient with Eastern Dental up until recently. I went to them a year ago in Vineland. They said I needed my fillings replaced. I kept going back they replaced them. One of the molars broke. I went back and told them it broke. It was one they just recently redid the filling on. The office manager came in and said no it wasn't but they'd do a crown but I'd have to pay 5-600 bucks. I don't have it. This year 2 other fillings fell out. It left me in a crap load of pain. I called and I got no answer. I called for a couple days then I switched. I went to a new dentist who said the molars were destroyed. They're just a shell and need to come out. The other molar had a piece of filling it started coming out so I just pulled it out. The new dentist said it doesn't matter it needs a crown anyway but at least it's able to be saved. I wanted to go back to eastern to tell them they wrecked my molars. I figured I'd write a review in hopes to save someone else's teeth.

This is the worst dental office I have ever been to. From walking in, you are greeted with rude receptionist, wait over 1.5 hours for just a routine cleaning, spend less than 2 minutes with the doctor, and then the office manager is the rudest of them all: Andry **. I would have never thought just a simple cleaning would be such a hassle and such a disappointment. The customer service is atrocious. I wish I read reviews before going there. Save yourself a trip. Do not go here.

DO NOT GO HERE IT IS TERRIBLE. I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED BEFORE ABOUT A COMPANY. BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I had a filling fall out and it was hurting so I made an emergency appointment. They had me take Motrin and make an appointment to have the filling refilled. I could not get an appointment for 2 months, by the time the 2 months came around I went to my appointment and they told me it was not a simple filling anymore. I needed to schedule an appointment for a root canal. So then the next appointment available is 2 months away!

So the day of the appointment I have a babysitter set up and I receive a phone call stating the dentist called out and I would need to make another appointment. I understand dentists get sick too. So when is the next available appointment? 2 MONTHS AWAY. This is the only dentist office my insurance will allow me to go to. This is absolutely terrible that a business can be run like this, let alone a healthcare business.

The staff lacks etiquette and business procedure. The dentist should try reading the patient's file before performing any dental work. In my opinion search for professional dentists who will take the time to read and an office staff with manners and understands Customer Service. Bottom line go somewhere!!!!

I just don't get any feeling of trust. Something's up. I had a good checkup and then the dentist came and told my gums were bleeding and ordered a series of deep scale cleaning - each of which took less time than the regular scheduled cleaning. How do I know if I really have bleeding gums. I can't see it in the mirror, feel it or taste it.

1st visit to Eastern Dental of Northfield 11-13-14. I gave them my Dental History. I had a crown done on tooth 19 in 8-13. Eastern Dental said there was a cavity under it and needed to be replaced. They gave me a print out saying it would cost me $537.90. Atnea Insurance would pay $856.10. Fine. They deal with insurance companies everyday - but failed to tell me that crowns are only covered every 5 years. I have paid them $372.45 - they send me a bill for 542.75 more. Telling me now that the insurance will not cover. My family Dr. will not do a procedure unless it is pre-approved. Yet Eastern Dental does the procedure then tells you the good news. I am retired and this seems very unfair to me.

I was a new patient and when I made the appointment I told them that I had 1 possibly 2 teeth that were broken and needed to be pulled. Well they had no dentist there when I went and the one dentist wanted to be a filling in the one tooth as a temporary fix. I said, “No that it was a waste of money.” I know that I need dentures due to illness which has ruined my teeth. I didn't even have my remaining teeth cleaned because it was useless. Avoid this place.

My son went to this dentist and the dentist had a personality like a shoe lace. He was miserable and hated his job. My family is looking for a good dentist and this is definitely a NO. Then to top it off they send me a bill for the consult and cleaning. So I call my insurance company and they tell me that "They are in the plan and should not have billed you FOR ANYTHING." I did get it straightened out after a couple of phone calls and then when they told me the account has been adjusted I asked for a bill showing a zero balance and they told me they don't do that and then when I pressed them for it ** from the Howell office hung up on me. STAY AWAY FAR AWAY!!!

The staff at Eastern Dental, Brick, NJ is very friendly and efficient. I recently had major dental work done here. Donna fit me in 2x for minor comfort adjustments. Liz is the financial associate: She is smart and accommodating, great at explaining pricing and insurance (and funny which is a comfort in this process). Dr. ** is VERY talented in the SCIENCE and ART of Dental work! He helped me choose a natural ivory shade for my dental work. (I did not want that glow-in-the-dark, white/blue shade.) He understood and compassionately guided me. Dr. ** also kept me on track when I might have hesitated or not completed the process. A Park Avenue Dental Association would be FORTUNATE to have Dr. ** on their staff! The Oral Surgeon is also Very impressive and essentially painless!

This is about both the Marlton and Woodbury Hts office. Marlton lasted one visit because they insisted to just remove all my teeth from my mouth and get false teeth!! Felt they were very inexperienced and rude! Woodbury hts also rude and seemed not knowing what to do. Had someone other than dentist do filling, fell out 3 months later.. Told them I had front crowns that were cemented in on the weak side. When they did the cleaning, girl became very rude and took hook and said she needed to get in front crowns after I told dentist no! I said to her "Get away from my front crowns!" She said "Dentist said if they came off you will just have to get new ones!!" I've had some dental nightmares starting 5 years ago by inadequate dentists but this one was the worst. Then they sent me something in mail saying I need 2000 of work done. I believe all the Eastern Dental dentists are not knowledgeable and care only for the money. Sadly this and a few other dentist are listed on my insurance and they are all bad. Stay away from these dentist!!!

First, I feel better that so many other people have had horrible experiences with this dental practice. Although the dentist I usually see is good, the director there is a complete incompetent. My complaint is pretty much on par with the ones I read: long wait times, long waits between trying to schedule an appointment, etc. Just so, my major complaint is the complete lack of caring and the worst "customer service" (and I use the term loosely) I have ever encountered. The clincher was recently I had an abscess and I called thinking I could get in that day. OH NO. I was told I had to wait until 11 AM the NEXT day to call for an emergency appointment! WHAT?? OK I wasn't in a lot of pain, but still. I was also told that when I called for an emergency, that "treatment isn't promised." HUH? So WHY am I calling you? Unbelievable. I'm in the process of looking for another practice, but due to my odd working hours, the hours at Eastern were convenient. Forget it, I'd rather lose time at work than deal with that nonsense anymore!

I had appointment today for cleaning supposedly at 11:15am. I sign in by 11:05am and the lady at the front desk was talking to the other two front desk ladies about a patient that his wife told him that they got a phone call from them with no voicemail therefore all three were talking so ironic and funny as can be last night. I got a call from them, when I answer nobody talk. I just hung up. I wait for about 50 minutes and I got up. I told her that I want to cancel the appointment since this waiting was too extremely long... I mean why they didn't schedule my appointment at 12pm? She didn't care a thing, she just said (OK...OK...OK). Not customer service at all. I gonna look for another dental office tomorrow. I don't need this kind of bad service.

I feel it takes too long to get an appointment to see the dentist. It's a shame that one has to wait five months to get seen. They need to change some things.

My first visit impression was that this office was like an assembly line. You go to one room for x-rays with only a half wall separating you from nine other exam chairs. Then the dentist comes in, says nothing and the technician explains everything to be done. I should not have returned. On my second visit the dentist wanted to do a root canal on a tooth I had no pain in and when I explained I was having discomfort in another tooth that had a cavity, they sighed and finally agreed to work on the tooth I was actually having pain in.

My biggest issue was when my husband took my 14 year old daughter in for a filling of a cavity. He sat in the room with her and once the dentist numbed her, they asked my husband if he could go out to the reception area and pay the bill before they started the work. This did not sit well with me so I called the office manager the next day and asked them if that was the policy. She said "Kids usually act up when the parents are in the room." I have been a pediatric nurse for many years and the exact opposite is true when it comes to medical procedures. The parents comfort the children. Plus, my daughter is 14, not 4! Then the office manager said, "well, some people get work done and don't pay." OK, so then why not ask for the payment before you go into the room?

My husband said he felt like because of how he was dressed they singled him out. My husband is a crane operator and had come directly from work. So he was in dirty jeans and a t-shirt. To be honest, I had been there twice before for me and one other time with my daughter and they never asked me to pay before the treatments. Obviously I will not be going back there. Any place that asks me to leave my scared 14 year old daughter alone while I go pay the bill is looking for trouble.

Dental care in the Laurel Springs office - The main dentist and office manager are the so rude. The bottom line is they care about money not patients. I sat in the office for 1hr and 30 mins for the rude office manager came out to tell me the care my daughter needed wasn't available, she was too young. Even though the week before the dentist said it was needed and it was scheduled. When I sat and waited a prior appt left they didn't even know who, because everyone is just a number and that's how they treat you. They should be ashamed of themselves for not giving quality care and honoring appt times. My daughter was cancelled 3X to have a tooth pulled and my husband 2X. This review doesn't even begin to cover my complaint of this office. I could continue to write about how the patients sit in the office and complain about how they hate coming there and how they cancel appts more than they keep them. I could go on and on.

I paid 4500.00 out of pocket for my son's braces. I was told the office had convenient hours for adjustments. Once I paid the entire amount they were unable to accommodate my schedule. The only available appointments were late in June. In addition to not having adjustments done regularly, I was told he would have them on for 18 months. It has now been 26 months and his teeth are not nearly ready to have the braces removed.

After the X-rays are completed, the Dentist who is obviously in charge (however never worked on me) walks up and looks at the screen for a moment. He then sticks his finger in my mouth for 2.2 seconds and says, "Yeah, he has a cracked tooth. We will have to fix that." He walks away. I am then ushered to the next chair for a cleaning. Before she even gets a chance to begin, I alert her to the fact that I have a missing filling on the front face of the tooth immediately located next to the cracked tooth. With this the Dentist (in charge) immediately walks over from another patient and states, "Did I miss something?" And at this moment I had no idea that this was the beginning of things to come.

The cleaning was completed in 7 or 8 minutes and when I got home to look, my front teeth still had nicotine stains along the gum line the same as before I went. I left and returned 3 hours later for a 4pm appointment to have missing filling replaced and the cracked tooth corrected. All went well because this particular Dentist was a Professional. I paid what I owed and I left. 2 weeks later, a hairline fracture I had in a tooth that I was unaware of cracked and split one of my teeth all the way into the gum and was causing me severe pain. I called Eastern Dental and explained how I was just there for my first time 2 weeks prior and that now it appeared. I would need to seek their services again, unfortunately for me. The secretary stated if I could come in at that moment the Dentist could take a look at the tooth for me. I said fine.

15 minutes later the Dentist (in charge) says the tooth is split down the middle and cannot be saved. It has to come out. After being terrorized by the LADIES up (I'll get to them later) front and told the next opening for an appointment is no less than 29 days later, I suggest they go back and speak to the dentist (in charge) because he had stated once I have an appointment, he will know what kind of script to write me in order to hold me over until the tooth can be pulled. With this the secretary returns and tells me I can be seen Saturday morning... It was late Thursday afternoon. Just when I was getting happy of my good fortune she then proceeded to begin a series of games with me.

To my amazement she told me she had to call in the script and that I needed to give her the phone # to the pharmacy I used. I explained I used Walgreens up the street and that I did not have the phone #, and I did not have my cell phone with me (I had rushed out so quickly I had forgotten it). She then began to play cat and mouse with me, stating she did not have the number and she had no idea what to tell me! I walked out to ponder my situation and a quick smoke and when I walked back in before I could ask another question she presented me with a written prescription and said she didn't have to call it in? This wouldn't be the last time the one who sits closest to the window would play games with me.

Saturday, I return with my split tooth. I receive my shots in 2.2 seconds and after the fastest 5 minute pause in history, yet a 3rd different dentist is ready to relieve me of my tooth/pain or is he? He cuts, he pulls, and he teaches me what going to the Dentist used to be like in the old days. I have had a total of 8 teeth in my life extracted, 4 wisdom and 4 molars. I have paid my dues to an oral surgeon and I am perfectly aware of what "pressure" is. Well this Dentist (using the term loosely) not only has no clue where to stick the needle, he does not even wait in between giving more Novocaine for it to take. It was the most pain I ever experienced caused by a doctor, and while I did man up the best I could I had to stop him twice and both times I was slamming my foot down on the recliner. I wish what I felt on NO one.

The 2nd time was worse and that is what made it so pathetic. He then proceeds to yell at me. Stating that he can stick me with 16 needles and I'm going to still feel pressure! He must have meant the pressure of the blast waves of pain that ran down my body and exited my feet! Meanwhile the girl helping him has fear, shock and amazement in her eyes. We exchange a few words and by the grace of God he finishes. Maybe a first child being born could perhaps bring more joy, then again... not. He then proceeds to ask me if I have any of the lame 10 pill pain-killer script left. I tell him no and explain the amount of pills and the amount of time that had passed would clearly dictate that. I also explain that the script was so weak, I had to take 2 each time rather than one and that I was in pain because I ran out. I had no idea how much pain I would be in after the Novocaine wore off.

He asks a 45 year old man involved with several forms of heavy construction work his entire life, what type of pain medication does work. At this point I wanted to tell him once the Novocaine wears off, after the barbaric extraction I had just been put through nothing short of bullet would suffice. I said ** has always worked in the past when I was prescribed it. With this he drops his pen, pushed his papers aside and says, "**! Of course, **!" At this point I have had enough. Still clenched down on gauze, seated in the dentist chair with him setting behind me, I let him have it.

I explain with a clenched down jaw, "Do you think I'm some junkie pill popping masochist - who takes a hammer and a pair of vice-grips to his own teeth (especially the one on the upper bridge located next to the incisor on the left side) so that I can cop a 10 pill script?" I continue with, "I don't care what kind of epidemic you think might be occurring these days. I have paid you to provide a service and I have a low threshold for pain, especially after the unwarranted trauma you have just put me through. I don't need you to take my inventory. I am telling you what works and I don't want to be uncomfortable when the numbing goes away, and I don't care what you think of the situation. That is your problem, not mine.” He writes the script for 10 pills/**/7.5mg/500mg acetaminophen. I get up, I pay and I leave.

At Walgreens I'm told that this script does not exist. I need to go back to dentist and have it written correctly and come back. At the dentist the secretary gives the pharmacist a hard time, the dentist gives the secretary a hard time and they both look at me before the phone call like I am a criminal. The prescription is re-written correctly and as I leave, I ask the 3 wonderful human beings behind the counter if it was actually my tooth that was pulled? Because by this point it was like pulling teeth to get any sort of decent service, let alone the script or a little compassion and/or common decency on their part. At all costs, AVOID EASTERN DENTAL IN BRICK. I know I will.

If you want a waiting room with 32 chairs, then this is the place for you. If you like waiting endlessly for your name to be called, then this is your dentist. If you would get a thrill because your dentist lost your enrollment paperwork, then this place won't disappoint. If you like furnishing a photocopy of your driver’s license for all employees to review, then join Eastern Dental. If you like being treated rudely, and watching the adm intake girls texting their friends, and then talking about the customers, then you have arrived in utopia. Now, can you imagine anyone from this place, sticking their hand in your mouth? How gross and repulsive can you get. I finally got up after a 40 minute wait, and said, “I'll call to reschedule". I then stopped and said “NO, please tear my paperwork up!” Good Luck!

Chipped my right front tooth when in Marlton, NJ (they denied it) when filling a tooth. In Vineland they never notify you when you need a cleaning, check ups... Been a customer for over 20 plus years. I'm going to change.

Personnel truly needs to be trained in customer service and insurance regs.

Do not waste your valuable time. Wait time is never under an hour for average work.

I called for appointment to fix filling that came out. I was going out of town for two days. They could not help me until I got home Friday night. That's fine, no hours Sat., Sun., Monday at 3, she said. I said, "Is there something sooner?" Yes. "How about 2?" They will be to lunch. "How about 1?" They will be to lunch. "How about 1?" They do not like to start anything before lunch. "How about 12?" Again lunch. "How long is lunch time?" Was slapped on hold without a word. So I hung up. Went to see office manager. Of course she said low on doctors and blah, blah, blah, blah. 1 week for a filling they did. This is the problem with underpaid and overworked dentist and poorly managed staff. High volume, low standards.

Eastern Dental Company Profile