Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.14/5

National Recovery Agency

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

35 National Recovery Agency Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2010

I was billed on books that I never received. They charged the $89 plus $5.95 handling charge which I understand is illegal to do. They refused to mail me a copy of the receipt and said unless I sent a SASE, I wouldn't get any guarantee that it was paid.

Original review: June 3, 2010

I am writing to dispute an item in the amount of $110.00 that appears on my credit report. I have no knowledge of this charge; I have request information on this charge: What items were ordered, how where they ordered and no one can give me this information. I am also questing the length of time it has taken someone to contact me concerning this matter six years, is a very long time to contact someone about a debt. The information that I was given from National Recovery Agency: that the order was placed in October of 2004. That seems to be a very long time to start collection in September 2009, five years.

I have been give all kind of erroneous information, one agent told me to make a police report and when I get the report to send it to them and Columbia House would give me the information. This same agent said "some people just pay it to get it off their credit report". That sounds like extortion to me. I contacted Columbia House to get the information on what was ordered it there was an order and they had no record of me, they have no information on me at all. If you cannot provide me with the aforementioned information this item need and should be removed from my credit report. I am also contacting the Illinois Attorney General's office concerning this matter. I am in the process of buying a house and this showed up on my credit report. This is slowing up the process, these people are trying to extort money from me.

Original review: May 19, 2010

The original creditor is the music service club. I have disputed this error on my credit report on numerous occasions because it does not belong to me. This has been messing up my credit report and it seems that every time I dispute it no one seems to really get anything done.

Original review: May 11, 2009

The collection agency placed a collection on my credit report claiming that I owed BMG $95 for some CD's back in 2005. I havent lived at that address since early 2005 when I sold the house. I tried to get additional information from the collection agency, but they had no information, no ss#, no id info, so signiture, no invoice. I dont understand how a company like this can get away with collecting on something that I have no clue was every purchased. I've asked the collection agency to give me an invoice number or a company number to this BMG company and they could not help me. This has seriously affected my credit on something that even the collection agency doesnt have other than my name and old address.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2008

I am being harrassed by National Recover Agency claiming to be calling on behalf of Columbia House for an alleged debt of $46.51 for a service date of 05/06/05. When I explained to them that I never signed up to Columbia House they said that maybe someone else signed up on my name but that was not relevant and that I am responsible for the debt. Another time they called and I explained to the person on the phone that I did not not have an account with Columbia House. They told me they didn't care if I had not opened an account, they wanted to know how I was going to pay for it. I am being harrassed with phone calls and letters. I was amazed when I visited the Consumer Affairs web site to see how many complaints were posted regarding Columbia House. So my question is, who is going to do something about the fraud which is being mounted by Columbia house?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Recovery Agency?

National Recovery Agency Company Information