National Debt Relief

3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best for Transparency
4.9(53,908)

3x Award Winner

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt relief companies in the nation. Its goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. National Debt Relief debt coaches work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Free consultation with debt coach
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations
    Cons
    • Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Over 50k reviews since 2016

Stars Rating

• 95%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I am a senior relying on Social Security & a small retirement. Right now I am overdrawn every month like 3 days after the first of each month. Being overdrawn I have been changed $35 for each returned check. When NDR figured my amount to pay we didn't cover some things and we're never brought up.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Four months in and only 1 of 6 accounts resolved: Active Creditors: 6, Resolved Creditors: 1; still receiving phone calls from creditors even with giving NDR contact information; being told by creditors that NDR has not contacted them. There has been very little contact and updates... I feel like there is nothing happening with my accounts other than the negative replies added to my credit rating -- yes, it was explained about credit rating, but with not seeing any positive feedback in 4 months is a little troubling.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

So far have had a good experience. Still working with them, but so far I am satisfied, it was a little bit of rough start. I wish there would have been a little bit more contact with the creditors, so they would not have been calling so often. I changed all my contact info but they still called me often, but once it started, have been pleased.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

While I am a long way from eliminating all of my debt, I can certainly say that National Debt Relief has not only been very informative, but all along the way they have been extremely kind and understanding. No matter what your position in life, it would be very easy to be made to feel the full forgetting oneself in such a horrible position. Every person I have spoken to at National Debt Relief has been kind, courteous and understanding. They go out of their way to make sure I know that I can call up any time for questions. There is no way any organization or entity can make going through this kind of a process easy; however, the NDR people to make me know that I have help out there and to make me know that they are on my side and every feasible way.

As I said, I am only about four months into a four-year process, and while it is certainly possible that my opinions will change, at this point, I sincerely doubt it. If possible, as the months roll on, and as I get closer to completion, I will do my best to update this review, either for good or for bad. For right now. Everyone at National Debt Relief has my gratitude.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I signed up around 4 months ago, hoping the creditors will stop calling me but when I talked to them (Chase 866-781-4039 x ** and USAA 800-531-03787) I was told no one from National Debt Relief (NDR) contacted them. Until now no positive status from NDR though funds are available. Always same information as usual while my late charges and other charges are piling up.

Customer ServiceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Just wanted to say that in choosing a company to help me in this scary process, I was met with a kind, compassionate person in Alban **. He was prompt, considerate and calm even when I was busy and had to cancel our phone meetings in two occasions. He explained and addressed my concerns in a excellent way. I chose Alban at this point. It had nothing to do with the company. I can see why the company is #1, if all of your representatives are like Alban **. Thank you.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

The representatives are very helpful and easy to talk to about one's situation. They are very accessible when need to contact them. They give me confidence that I made the right decision to choose this team help get myself out of financial debt.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Just started with them in April and no changes yet with creditors. Too soon to see any settlements with any of our credit card companies. Customer service and website to see account and statements are A+ so far. We have had no problems with the company thus far.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I just feel like I've been forgotten. I would appreciate more updates or at least an agenda, like when you plan to start talking to my creditors and which one you will talk to first. I would just like more information on what you're going to do and when. I started this journey in March and I haven't heard from anyone yet.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I have been enrolled and made a couple of payments. There is no follow-up or contact. Feel like in a vacuum with creditor sharks swimming all around. Not even sure if they have spoken to anyone. Follow-up emails would be appreciated on any progress they have made.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

So far I have been very pleased with their attention to getting in touch with my accounts and settling the debts that I have. I usually get a response to questions within 24 hours, with answers. Very courteous reps. The setting up of the program was fairly easy, the instruction book was very helpful and easily understood.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Thank you for everything, in the future if anyone need help I willing reference your team and if I need for your support I will contact your team or if I have any question about my debt I will call and talk to you about that. I been stress for few months until I talk to you. I feel more air to breathe.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I would like to thank everybody at the debt relief place for working with me to resolve my debt situation, and the good experience I have had with them. I will be glad to recommend them to everyone I know.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I was heavily into debt and I didn’t see a way out. I researched National Debt Relief online and it got good reviews. When I first called, they explained things very clearly. After that, I had questions and made repeated calls and they always were available and very clear on their explanation of things. Working with them made me feel very relieved. The communication has been excellent and things happened faster than I expected. I was able to increase the amount of money that I was putting towards my debt. I don’t know how they do it, but they worked with these companies and they got my debt down so it was manageable. Overall, they provide a great service for people with credit problems.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I was in a lot of serious debt and I needed to get a way to have that consolidated and paid off in an aggressive manner. National Debt Relief has excellent customer service and they took care of me right away. They have a team of negotiators that talk with the creditors. They also work on coming up with an agreement, which is much less than I owe. And they came up with a time frame on when the debt is going to be paid based off on what I’m paying National Debt every month that is being deducted out of my account. It's nice of them to take care of the issues and creditors instead of us being bombarded with phone calls and harassed. I'm on my last year and by next year in June, I'll be debt free.

Verified purchase
      Pamela increased rating by 4 stars.
      Customer Service
      After a positive interaction with National Debt Relief, Pamela increased their star rating on July 2, 2017.

Updated review: July 2, 2017

I wasn't really concerned about the credit card companies coming after me. I just wondered if anything had happened as yet. Things are going smoothly so far and I appreciate the personal contact via phone call from National Debt Relief. I have faith they will accomplish what I need them to do.

Original Review: June 8, 2017

Nothing is happening yet. I've been enrolled since March. Praying I hear something soon. Phone calls coming in like crazy, they've been blocked but scared they will arrest me or take me to court before something is done. Discover card the worst. Please hurry.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I will recommend National Debt Relief to my friends. Jerry ** was outstanding. He listen to me and recommend me the best plan. Jerry explained to me step by step the debt settlement program and offer me a low monthly payment. Great job Jerry.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I received a threatening letter. National Debt Relief gave me instructions on how to handle the problem and made me feel a lot better about the situation. I emailed the letter and the problem was taken care of. I have always been treated with kindness and they are very professional. It isn't easy when you are in a situation like this but they have helped in resolving my problems.

Transparency

Reviewed June 8, 2017

My experience is great. Most of the services are online which works fine for me. I can check the progress of the accounts, see how much has been paid off, what is pending and ones that are awaiting a settlement and they always give you updates on your account.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Good customer service, easy to talk to, very helpful, understanding, absolutely recommend to anybody who needs help like me. I am glad I did it. It helps a lot and gives me peace of mind not getting a lot of calls anymore.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The first contact was a local attorney who was very helpful. Unfortunately further contact was from people who had such strong foreign accents and were obviously reading scripts that it was impossible to understand them and take in the information. I am still receiving collection calls after several months. I have used these programs in the past and found them to be very helpful. I have hope this will work out. The BBB has no complaints registered.

Verified purchase
      Judith increased rating by 2 stars.
      After a positive interaction with National Debt Relief, Judith increased their star rating on May 10, 2018.

Updated review: May 10, 2018

Updated 05/02/2018: We’ve had a very pleasant experience with National Debt Relief. They made things very easy for us. They had been very kind and they let me know when they've made a settlement. They let me know by email and then they gave me a call and I called them back. They've been very cooperative. However, the enrollment process was lengthy and they asked a lot of questions. But, the rep helped me do what was needed to be done. The rep also told me what we should turn in and what we should keep. We're getting good service. They're working hard to get our debt cleared up and that's a good thing. I feel very comfortable working with them. Also, they don't make you feel like a loser.

Original Review: June 8, 2017

The initial set up and conversations and paperwork was really completely done up nicely and quickly. However it's been 2 months and they have yet to pay a single payment on any of our accounts. I realize they have to build up a savings but something should be paid.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The enrollment process was fast, all of my questions were answered, and the counselor seemed to really understand all of my fears and apprehensions. I'm newly enrolled and am looking forward to seeing the results - and being debt free.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I have had personal service from day one. Very caring & understandable of your hardship. Has my best interest at heart. I am very thankful that I consulted with them. Paid off my first creditor. On my way to financial freedom!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I was sinking deeper in debt and then hubby lost his job. That was the beginning of HELL. However went online to find solutions. Found National Debt Relief and worked with Lawrence who became my saving grace. I can get in good financial shape for life and stay away for all credit cards. Hallelujah!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Every time I call in every representative is super nice and knowledgeable. They help me with any questions and even suggest solutions I didn't think of. We have had several debts resolved and some on payment plans. Our biggest with Lending Club has yet to be resolved which worries me a bit but I am sure you will take care of it. We are 100% pleased!

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I will know more once they start using my payments toward my debt. As it is now, I am still too new to the program. It seems some of my creditors required actual and not electronic signatures, therefore I am hoping to not be receiving any more calls shortly. As it stands now, they are still calling because I just emailed in my actual signatures last week.

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I am only 3 months into the program but am happy so far. I am anxious for my credit card score to stop lowering. I am receiving calls and emails from Harborstone almost daily. I have given them your phone number.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I've only been in the program for a few months. Have not seen much from them yet to rate the experience good or bad, but the interaction I have had so far I am not too impressed with. The website is not complete so there isn't much one can do with it. Not a lot of guides and support so far. The one time I called left a message for someone to call me and no one did. Customer service is OK not very informative. Hope to see a positive outcome soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Right off the bat everyone was so helpful making sure I understood about the whole process. I'm very grateful to National Debt Relief for their professionalism and patience they have had for me. I would recommend using NDR for anyone that have trying times with debt. Thank you for your support and candor.

Process

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Appreciated being treated with respect and dignity throughout the whole process. After 79 years of enjoying financial and economic stability to being faced with this embarrassing situation was very traumatic and depressive. The counselors at NDR were sensitive to my well-being and state of mind, very much appreciative.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed June 8, 2017

It was very informative clear. I am glad I came across this websites. I would recommend this site to anyone. It was very helpful. Give me a peace of mind. Now I feel little clear about where am going. Hopefully from here on out things will be better.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Greg was my initial contact, he was very polite and assisted in all the forms with ease. He double stated rules to clarify small details and I'd recommend your service to assist others in need!! Thank you for your help getting me out of high cost interest cards that I might never pay off otherwise.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I really like the plan, even though it does a number on your credit score. So far I've been able to settle one account and hopefully the others will follow soon. I hope to be done within the next two years.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I am very content with National Debt Relief. What I like best is how they place themselves between you and your creditors. I don't have to become stressed out by phone calls and letters demanding immediate payments I do not have the ability to make. I feel a sense of safety because I am enrolled in the program that provides legal support should it be needed.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

They are good but not too understanding when you cannot make your set deposit. When I asked if I could make my deposit on a different date. They made me feel that they would make my account inactive. Never mind if you have an emergency.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The new service request section has been extremely useful so far. All inquiries have been answered promptly and is a good tool. So far, my experience with NDR has been very good. I never thought my financial situation would have gotten to this point. When I heard of NDR on a radio commercial, a little voice told me to check into it. Glad I did as my situation went from desperate to hopeful.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

It was a very smooth process and Eric ** was very helpful and answered all of my questions with ease. I can feel the stress that came off my shoulders after everything was done. I also have a great support system in place with my family and they are eager to help out with whatever I need. Thank you.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Carlos, my rep, did an amazing job of helping me. He was professional, courteous, and lifted my feelings of guilt about my debt. He was able to get me approved quickly and at the same rate he initially quoted. He brought my debt payment to an amount that actually fits within my monthly budget. No small feat! I would highly recommend your services to anyone in need.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Due to a chronic medical issue I became overwhelmed with medical bills and had to use credit cards to survive financially. Five credit cards became maxed out as a result and I was backed into a corner. The National Debt Relief Program is helping me to eliminate my credit card debt which will enable me to improve my financial picture. The staff have been both professional and helpful through the process and I appreciate their help immensely.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The people I spoke with were very knowledgeable and polite. Haven't had any other experience with them other than that. As far as I know they have not reached out to any of my creditors for resolution. Contact me after some of my money has been put to use.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

If one genuinely wants to correct their credit, this organization is the one you want! Their staff is professional, knowledgeable and courteous. While some credit companies are slow to respond, NDR works to engage them promptly. Trust in their help!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

My experience with Debt Specialist Crystal ** was fantastic. She was very professional with all of her questions and concerns. This is a very difficult time in my life to make decisions like this and Crystal was so kind and keep me relaxed during the process. I would recommend National Debt Relief to anyone who is experiencing a financial difficulties. Thank you!