Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Danette,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience and you are feeling like you can enjoy life again! That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming debt free. Best wishes going forward!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 24, 2016

About three years ago, I was hysterical with my debt because I paid for my daughter's beauty school and then the interest rate went up on the card that I used. It was $300 a month interest and I was making $200 a month payment, so I couldn't make $500 a month in total. I read about GreenPath in a magazine and I called them. I couldn't stop crying and their guy Maurice calmed me down and told me they were going to get me out of that debt. They helped me from that day forward.

I told them how much I made and they lowered my interest rate that same day. They called the credit card company, got me on a payment plan and it was awesome. All their representatives were the best. Every time I had a question, I got a different one who helped me. Now I'm done and I'm debt-free. This month, I'll be able to see the difference. I'll be $500 a month richer because I paid the debt off last month. I'll be able to enjoy life and I won't be worrying about it. I love GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath negotiated for a lower interest rate for my credit cards and then provided debt repayment service. I went to their office in our town and they took all of my information in. They were all very helpful and always answered my questions in a pretty straightforward manner. I was very comfortable working with them. They explained the program to me and gave me all the literature that I needed. Their customer support is very good. I also got emails about different tips.

The cost of the service was very reasonable and it was definitely worth it. Had I stayed on the path that I was on, I would have paid way more than the $50 a month and interest charges. There were never any extra charges so everything was paid back through GreenPath pretty efficiently. I was committed to getting out from under the credit card debt and GreenPath helped to make it possible for me. Everything was done in a timely manner and went very smoothly from start to finish. I'm all finished with the program and I have no more credit card debt. I would encourage a friend who would me about GreenPath to get started right away in any way they might be able to or at least to look into it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sought GreenPath's services on a mortgage issue that I had several years ago. I was trying to make up two payments in one month, and I couldn't catch up on that 1 month. Chase referred me to GreenPath because they said there was some educational programming that I could go through. Chase had a mortgage release program and that was part of the awesome training that I went through. That's how I initially got started with GreenPath.

It was an easy enrollment process. They coordinated and made all the contacts with Chase. If I needed to be on the line, we do a conference call, where I was on the line with Chase and whoever I needed to be with. They were excellent. They charged about $20 a month. I could manage that, which I thought was very reasonable.

I have expanded from just getting the mortgage in line and taken care of. I had some other debts that were in collections, and we moved forward with managing those accounts to make sure that payment arrangements were made. I didn't have to worry about getting any phone calls from debt collection agencies, email notifications, or any kind of legal action.

However, there was one little glitch, but I don't think that it had anything to do with GreenPath. There was one account that was being handled by a law firm that tried to do a garnishment, but they didn't have all the information that GreenPath had. I don't know if GreenPath actually contacted whoever was in that particular unit within that law office. I had an attorney for this issue, and between the law firm and GreenPath, the issue was definitely resolved.

After working with GreenPath, I now know a whole lot more strategies to use in management. I also know what to do, if I needed a loan or a refinance, which was what I was able to do. Because of GreenPath, I was able to do VA refinance in the last couple of months. I couldn't have done that without having someone else to help and make sure that all those other accounts were taken care of. Now my accounts have all been paid off, so I don't have anything in Collections. Basically, I just have a mortgage and a car now. It has worked out really well with GreenPath.

I needed to have somebody else there to jumpstart with me and then follow-through. Now I would get monthly statements every month. If there are any other concerns, I could always call them. They don't have me assigned to just one person, so any of the reps would make very extensive notes when they talk with me. Then, if I were to talk with somebody else later on, they could look at those notes that they have, and they would be up to speed, like if I had talked with the person that I had originally dealt with for that issue. They have all the information right in front of them that they can refer to. I would strongly recommend GreenPath. They actually did a great job for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to pay off my debt and my son recommended GreenPath. The enrolment was all done over the phone and it was very simple. The reps were very good and very helpful. I call them and ask them about whatever question I had and I got very good answers. What impressed me the most was their friendliness, being down to earth and being understanding. They took a certain amount that I can handle out of my checking account every month and paid my bills. It went very smoothly and the cost was excellent. Now, I have completed the program and my debts were paid. I would recommend GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with GreenPath for about four years and working with them has been good. I had a bunch of credit card debts which I was never ever late on because I made good money. My work changed to where I wasn't going to be making enough. Before I got myself into trouble, I decided to seek out help. My husband and I did it before with another company so I was familiar with the process.

GreenPath helped me get all my information on all the card and what my debt was. I like to go over whatever I'm due so I can knock out my bill a lot faster. If I owe $1000 on my credit card, I like to pay $500 every month. What was helpful with the type of company like GreenPath is they talk to the creditor to get them to lower the interest rates. That's huge. More of the money that I'm putting towards my bill gets towards my bill. It was an awesome experience and I was very happy. I definitely would recommend GreenPath. And in fact, I have recommended GreenPath to a bunch of my friends because we did so well with not having a credit card.

Hi Rosa,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for recommending others to GreenPath. Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I was going through a hardship and was trying to consolidate all my credit cards. Then I got an email from where I work from the Credit Union. And so, I felt more comfortable using GreenPath than any of the other sources that are out there. I had an interview with them and provided them with my financials, my budget, and answered questions relating to my situation. The rep who I worked with was always very helpful. GreenPath offered a program where I paid off all my cards. They withdrew one payment every two weeks to pay off my credit card debt and I finished the program prior to the date we had. They were always able to answer my questions. And they always ask how they could further assist me. They have good customer support and GreenPath helped me get relief of paying off and paying on those high-interest credit cards and eliminating those debts. I've already recommended a few people to GreenPath.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My credit card debt led me to seek GreenPath's services. They contacted the credit card company, set up payments and made sure I could get the debt paid off in five years. I called their reps, found out what steps I had to make, they told me what to do and when my last payment would be. We set it up for the same amount of payment every month. They worked with me on setting up a manageable one. And then one month when I had some stuff come up and couldn't make it, they worked with me to miss that one payment but adjust and still take care of stuff. They adjusted it to what my final payment would be and then told me to make sure I check my next balance on the credit card because there would be some extra interest, which was 84 cents.

It took care of making me not to have to worry about the interest that would continue to build up and the late payments and the bad credit. It became a normal bill I had and they took the money out of my account right after I got paid. When I initially enrolled in it, I wasn't aware of how much I was paying them each month. Obviously, they make money off of it as well for doing that stuff. I wish I would have known more of their process so I could have compared with other companies. In the initial stages, I was in a hurry to accept any type of help. I also didn't find the online statements very helpful then. That would just say, "This is what we took out each month." It was just seeing how much time remaining I'd have.

But I felt very comfortable dealing with the representatives. I was happy with them. When I would call the company, their reps were all very helpful and worked with me. I didn't have to stress about it on my own all the time and they were monitoring it in making sure progress was being made. Also, I never felt judged or embarrassed in dealing with them even though it's always embarrassing coming in and set that up. Now, my credit card’s completely paid off and then they just sent me a reminder to get my credit checked in six months. Working with GreenPath helped me manage with the debt I got into and be able to make a plan to get out of it. I budget much better now. It was a beneficial experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got myself in trouble and was overwhelmed with bills. GreenPath consolidated everything and I paid $60 a month. They divided it up with all the creditors and paid them all for me. Working with GreenPath was extremely easy. They handled it all and there was no effort on my part. I'd tell a friend who is looking into debt solutions to get in touch with GreenPath. The service is perfect the way it is. It's worth every penny.

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debts!Please give us a call when you are ready to look into those additional items. We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 5, 2017

GreenPath is a program that the company I work for offers. We were trying to pay off a debt to clean up my credit score. We got two things that were hitting my credit and we got that paid off. Everybody there was very helpful and working with them was very insightful because they explained a lot of things that would help improve credit going forward. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of other things that I need to clear up on my credit score which I'll reach back out to them when it comes time to that.

Hi Amr,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I contacted Bank of America to ask them for advice and they said that one of the companies that they work with is GreenPath. At the very beginning, we talked about setting up a budget and how much and how the monthly payments would work into that budget and it was very helpful. It was a good experience overall.

Dear Mr. Williams,

I want to sincerely thank you for contacting us regarding your complaints. Our clients should not feel the way you are describing and I can assure you we are looking into any and every error we may have made in this situation so we can rectify for you and also be sure no other client feels this way. We really do appreciate every opportunity to improve. I will be in contact with you today. Sincerely, Colleen Dillon Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: March 28, 2017

I am having a real hard time understanding why my other card posted on the 22 and this one on the 27th. They are both to the same creditor and are done electronically. I would really like to be able to speak someone with some authority to call me because your program SUCKS!!! I was not late on either Cap 1 account and after being enrolled in this crap program I am 4X 30 on both accounts and you continue to miss payments.

They tell you that they are accredited and when you call with an issue they try to tell you that you were the one that wound up in this situation. I paid my accounts far better than this crappy program and they were recommended by my credit union to help me because I lost my job and had to pay child support as a priority vs. creditors.

I had a 660 credit score prior to entering this program, with collections on my credit after a BK in 2012. Now 7 months after being in their program I am barely teetering around 500 on 2 bureaus and have not missed a single payment with them and pay 6 other accounts outside of their program perfectly. Unless you are facing jail or being foreclosed on I would never recommend this Joke of a program.

Hi James,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation. Congratulations on paying off your debts! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 22, 2017

We were trying to get our APR down on our credit cards and our credit union chose GreenPath. They're excellent and answered all our questions. They were able to pay off our credit cards and we're satisfied with the company. They've done a great job. We recommend GreenPath.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 21, 2017

I searched for debt management companies and GreenPath came up first. They told me how they were going to do it in writing and in our conversations. So, I understood what was happening and that was really nice. They took the time to make sure I understood. They were able to lower my interest rates on some of my debts but there were some that they weren't. They did what they could and they were really consistent in how they handled everything. They were good communicators and it went really smoothly. We wrapped it up real neatly two months ago.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that GreenPath's services met your needs. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I got GreenPath for my debt consolidation. Their people were pretty helpful and personable. They tried to assess the needs that I have with their services to make sure that they gave me the right information. They reached out to me whenever there was a problem so it was really nice. They were able to lower my interest rates with the credit card companies and then the payments and locked those terms in.

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm happy to hear that working with GreenPath took stress off of you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My wife used GreenPath in the past and I got to know about the company through her. I ended up availing of their debt management services. The first walk-through to determine if I needed the help was great and there were touch points every now and then. Once I got started, it was good and after that, it was on auto-pilot. The contact pay off early but that went all smoothly. I also always knew that I could contact them if I had any questions.

Working with GreenPath has definitely taken the stress out of the situation. You know that you are able to accomplish something so that helped tremendously and it got me up on the disciplined path too. Locking in and automatically withdrawing on a weekly basis definitely benefitted me and that became a routine. They were able to make the interest rate manageable for me too. It was good all around. I was tremendously pleased with the service, what it did for me and how it helped me and my family out. It was a great experience.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have these concerns.

I am glad that we had a chance to talk on the phone today so I could get your perspective on the situation. I plan to call you tomorrow so we can do a conference call with Chase to get more information and clarity. From there we will determine the next steps so we can reach a resolution that meets your needs.

Thank you again and talk to you soon!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Greenpath repeatedly sent payments to Chase that did not make it before the statement cutoff date. This caused a late payment to be reported on my credit report in September 2016 despite having been on the program for over 2 years and never having missed a single deposit or having made a single deposit late.

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off all of your credit cards! I'm glad you found GreenPath while searching online. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

GreenPath helped us get all credit cards paid off and we are happier than a bug in a rug. I was hunting on the internet then for someone to help us get out of our problems because I wasn’t doing too good contacting the credit card people myself. They all refused to lower the interest to me so I thought I’d try a different avenue and see if I could get help with it. I had seen different ads for debt solution companies and we went with GreenPath. This is the first time we’ve ever used them. Whenever one of their reps would come up with a low balance, I’d call in and tell them the balance which was less than what the full payment would be. So, they needed to adjust how much they were paying. In fact, we got overpaid on two of them at the end and I wound up getting refunds from Bank of America, Chase Bank and from GreenPath.

So far, it’s made a lot less stress in my life because I didn’t have those bills facing me every month, trying to figure out how we're going to pay them. I had gone off on disability and I wasn’t able to work anymore. Therefore, we didn’t have any income from me except for the small retirement funds that I had and we were having a really hard time paying our bills. We were dishing out at least $1700 a month trying to pay those five cards but we suffered otherwise. We’d have to cancel doctor’s appointments and weren’t going anywhere at all because we didn’t have the money to go. We also didn’t have money for gas and we got very few groceries. We were paying more than twice what GreenPath was taking every month and paying. So GreenPath was heaven-sent for us at a very, very difficult time in my life.

Every person that I talked to there was always very cordial and very helpful from day one. However, at the very beginning when they set up the budget, they said we we were spending too much on groceries a week and told them that that grocery budget wasn't just food. That’s also stuff to clean our house, to do our laundry, to take care of a big yard. So, $125 for two people and a house and a yard and laundry, etc isn’t very much to pay in today’s economy. Other than that, we're very, very satisfied.

Hi Angella,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

GreenPath was a great company to work with. I had various interactions with them and they were all very pleasant during my time there. I always got all the information that I needed. Working with them bought me financial freedom since now I’m free of debt.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying your debt off! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I had seen a certain company advertised on TV and I called the Better Business Bureau to check them out, and BBB recommended GreenPath. I was handling my cards myself and I had combined everything under one card, and then another company would send me a new card and I would use that, till it just got out of hand. The reason I was seeking help was because a company like GreenPath could negotiate rates better than I could. They explained what they do. Some of them negotiated for less interest rate, and some even negotiated for no interest rate. But most all, the interest rates were lowered.

In working with them, I didn't even have to deal with making my monthly payments. I left it up to GreenPath. I had arranged for them to automatically withdraw the funds that they needed and they handled everything. I was beginning to suffer from low vision, so I was having a hard time reading the account numbers and phone numbers, and making the phone calls. It was very stress-relieving to know that everything was going to be handled every month, and at such a low monthly fee. I was very pleased. When I made the decision to put my house on the market and go into a condo, it gave me great joy to be able to close out everything.

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues you were having. I hope everything is well with you. Congratulations on paying off your debt and becoming debt free that is a great accomplishment ! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I ran up credit cards for two years when I could not work because of my chemotherapy. It frustrated me that I was just touching the interest and could never pay down the actual debt, so I called my bank and asked if they had any support and they gave me GreenPath. I've never heard of debt consolation and the company so I Googled the company, then called them and a young kid walked me through the process. He said “There’s a fee each month on top of the bank fee but it’s $30. What we do is we talk to the bank, we get your bank debt collective and then we negotiate a lower APR.” We did that instead of me paying 15% interest.

They were super cool and they enabled me to know what I had to pay each month. They were clear and upfront about their process and they remained in touch anytime I had a question. There was a local office that I could call if I wanted, and I never had any problems getting through to customer service. There was no automated system.

They made me feel like paying my credit was doable and I can be back in control of my finances. They were communicative and they sent me an email each month letting me know that I needed to get in touch with my credit card companies every couple of months to see what the balance was to make sure that it was in line with what GreenPath had. They were able to lower my interest rate from 15% to 7% and it was fabulous. I had $35,000 of debt five years ago and it’s gone. When my debt program was done, they told me “Hey, congratulations. If you got anything else, let us know.” It’s my first couple of months without debt and life is great. I highly recommend GreenPath.

Hi Joseph

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I knew of GreenPath from someone who was using them and was having a good experience with them. I looked at their website, so I went with them. Interactions went excellently with their reps and it's been an overall very positive experience with them.

Hi Tejuana,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy your credit union has referred you to GreenPath! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I heard about GreenPath through their credit union. They were professional and working with them has helped me in terms of getting my bills paid and putting out the interest on it.

Hi James,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debt. We are glad you found everyone at GreenPath to be so helpful. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Greenpath helped me out tremendously. I had a tremendous amount of debt due to a divorce and that debt is now gone. I have that off my back where I don't have to worry about it. I agreed to a certain amount, and they came right out of payroll deduction. The Greenpath people are very easy to contact. I just Google it, and their 1-800 number would come up. I'd call them and they would direct me to the right people. They are always very helpful whenever I called to discuss the status of my account. They bend over backwards to help me and give me information. They were good to me and I can't thank them enough for keeping me on the path of taking that money out of my account twice a month. I wouldn't have lived without that money but now, I have that money back. My credit is reestablished.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your fathers passing. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I like the way GreenPath Financial sounded and that it was non-profit. It looked really good to me on the internet so I signed up with them. They had a very helpful team and whenever I called, they gave me what I needed or answered my questions. It was great because I didn't have to worry about the bills anymore as they took care of it. Then I was able to pay it off because I got an inheritance from my father when he passed away. They're a good company, and I really enjoyed working with them.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We called a bankruptcy attorney, and he recommended us to go to GreenPath Financial to file for bankruptcy. It was simple. We signed up, someone walked us through step by step, and we never heard anything from them again other than the emails I get for the updates. It's really easy and convenient. I got bills paid off, and that's good.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I called GreenPath and set up everything on the phone. They are friendly. Then I made sure all my payments were in every two weeks like they were supposed to. They helped me pay all my bills and I'm not in debt. I'm very satisfied and grateful for their help.

Hi Trent,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The GreenPath reps were all very informative, helpful and had a lot of the answers to the questions I had when I first started looking for help with my debt. They were professional and friendly during the whole process. Working with them has definitely helped us to be better budgeters and to focus on paying the debt and setting aside the money to do so.

Hi Terri,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I would recommend GreenPath. At the beginning, they called to make sure that I had everything in order and if I had questions, they got answered right away.

I didn’t have any trouble with my experience with them. It worked out really well. I got the stuff paid off a little bit early and everything went just as it was planned.

Hi Donald,

Congratulations on paying off your debt! Thank you for the positive feedback. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

GreenPath set everything up and I had a certain payment amount that I made each month. Then If I had any questions, I would call them and say, “This card’s paid off now so could you make sure that the extra money goes to this one?” It’s how to explain how it would work. You would keep reducing the debt till they were all gone. One would get paid off and then the money you took to pay that could pay off the other one. They also made it easy to set up with the creditors. They were able to reduce the interest rates because they told the creditors that I would be paying every penny back that I had used. GreenPath told me if I did that, it would look favorably upon my credit rating and that was important for me. It’s already come back up and everything is very good.

Hi Michael

Thank you for the positive feedback and for telling your friend about GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I had a phone conversation with GreenPath and it seemed they were really willing to help. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. I got their service and it made me a better spender. I am now a little bit more conscious of what I’m doing financially. It really helped me out a ton. I have recommended them to a friend.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that Bank of America to you about GreenPath. Congratulations on paying your debt off! That is an awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. Thank you for telling your friends about GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I asked Bank of America if they knew anybody I could contact to help me out with my debts and they referred me to GreenPath. The GreenPath guys were very wonderful to work with. They're worth signing up with if you have a lot of debt. I got all my bills paid off, I got rid of the four debts I had that I wanted to get paid, I now have more money, and I'm able to save, so I'm really happy. Their program works for me. There was nothing that I couldn't handle. It took a lot of time (five years) and money to get where I am today, but it was worth it. I hardly have any interest rates at all. That's one good thing when you sign up with them -- they do lower your interest rates.

It went very well with the team at GreenPath. The lady that helped me was very understanding and got me set up. The GreenPath guys were very supportive, easy to talk to, and willing to work with me. They encouraged me to keep going until I got my debts paid off. If I had any problems, I'd give them a call and they were always available. If I hadn't had them to help me, I might not have paid off my debts yet. I might still be struggling just paying a little bit here and there. They set me up with payments and I met all those guidelines. Now that I have more money, I can decorate my house, because I had to put everything on hold before.

The one thing that really blew my mind was the one debt that I had remaining, which had a 25 cents balance. I had paid off everything else and only had that 25 cents bill. I'm surprised that the creditor didn't just right that off. I had to pay 25 cents out of my checking account. I called the creditor, gave them my bank card, and they took off 25 cents, so now I don't owe them anything and I have a zero debt balance. It's done. I'll most likely close all those accounts.

I'm glad I had GreenPath because I've heard some horror stories about other debt counseling people that don't work with them as well. I heard a story where they didn't even pay the bills. I thank my bank that I've been with since 1977 for recommending GreenPath to me. I would definitely recommend GreenPath to anybody that has a lot of debt. I already recommended them to a friend of mine who has some debts.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Profile