Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Danette,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience and you are feeling like you can enjoy life again! That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming debt free. Best wishes going forward!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 24, 2016

About three years ago, I was hysterical with my debt because I paid for my daughter's beauty school and then the interest rate went up on the card that I used. It was $300 a month interest and I was making $200 a month payment, so I couldn't make $500 a month in total. I read about GreenPath in a magazine and I called them. I couldn't stop crying and their guy Maurice calmed me down and told me they were going to get me out of that debt. They helped me from that day forward.

I told them how much I made and they lowered my interest rate that same day. They called the credit card company, got me on a payment plan and it was awesome. All their representatives were the best. Every time I had a question, I got a different one who helped me. Now I'm done and I'm debt-free. This month, I'll be able to see the difference. I'll be $500 a month richer because I paid the debt off last month. I'll be able to enjoy life and I won't be worrying about it. I love GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used GreenPath Debt Solutions' debt management for my father and their reps were all positive. The only complaint I have with the whole experience is on the monthly statement. My elderly father with dementia wanted to know each of his account's balance often but they don’t actually show it. So every time I wanted to know, I'd have to call and get a report back in email with the itemized info when it should just come as part of their monthly statements. When my father started, he was $23,000 in debt with 18 credit cards and today he’s out of debt and he got out of it ahead of schedule. It was all systematic and everything happened like it was supposed to with no surprises along the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath worked with me and has been a big help. I claimed only the account that was in trouble and my debt got paid. I like everything GreenPath did for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything worked pretty well with GreenPath. I didn’t have any problem with them through years that we worked together. I used their credit services and they helped bring down that debt from $41,000. The team was very wonderful. Every time I called, I got someone on the phone. The lady I spoke with was very nice and explained to me everything. She always kept in touch with me through the years. They were very nice and honest, and they did everything they said. They do a good service and they kept their word.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All was fine with GreenPath. The reps were good. Everything's paid off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Debt Solutions?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of our creditors said to us that GreenPath Debt Solutions was a good place to call. He told us not to call any of the other 800 numbers and that some of them could be very pricey. We were very leery about calling anybody but they ended up being a great call. Initially, I signed up for GreenPath when I was married. We ended up getting divorced and all of the debt ended up being dumped in my lap. If I didn't have them, I would've had to claim bankruptcy myself. It was a struggle but they helped me keep my credit score up and get my payments paid off very quickly.

It was a very good experience overall. Their team was fantastic. Every single time we had any sort of issue at all, they explained it to us in layman's terms and we understood everything that they had to say so it was well done. They kept me very updated and didn't charge an arm and a leg for fees. There was one time when my payment got rejected and they told me "That's one strike," and I said, "All right. Let me fix it."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before joining GreenPath I was out of options. I tried one of the debt things where one just quits paying and it didn't seem to be a good idea I talked to Consumer Credit Counseling and they basically said there was nothing they could do to help. A lady that I work with introduced me to GreenPath. She was on their program and raving about it. At first it was kind of touch and go because we had so much debt and it was overwhelming them a little bit too. But after they came up with a program and we sat and looked at it and figured out how to make it work, the first month, it was hard for us to get started and we thought about dropping it. But we stayed the course and paid off $106,000 debt in less than four years.

They called the creditors and worked out deals with them, and one of them even ended up giving us several thousand dollars back if we paid off earlier. They handled all of that. All we had to do is turn the money over to them and I didn’t have to fool with it. My wife and I feel so much better just not having to worry about all that and we're not going back to it. It's a great program. I just wish more people knew about them. They were always encouraging us and sending emails telling us to stay with it, that we''re doing fine and good job on paying things off. There is no substitute for the peace of mind that we got out of it. They’re a lifesaver.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about GreenPath through one of my creditors. They gave me a number for debt consolidation. It was very smooth in the beginning and then early last year, I was buying a home and they're very cooperative with getting the questions answered from the loan mortgage. They helped me maintain my credit, which is very important to me getting back from hardship. It was, more or less, the bills that I was concerned about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with GreenPath for a year and a half, going through their debt consolidation and I was pleased. Their representatives are all friendly and helpful. Everything is paid off and I'm done with them now. I don't want to be ever in debt again but if I had to, I'd go back to GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about GreenPath through my job. I did their debt management. They call me and make sure that I send my statements and that all payments are being accurately put in. Working with GreenPath lowered my interest rate and cleared up by credit. It was a good program and I'd recommend other people to be on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a search online for debt management and then I found two or three companies. I called some of them, but I ended up choosing GreenPath because after speaking to them, I liked their approach. I had a lot of credit card debt, and I used them to broach my credit card things to set up payment plans and then pay everything off. I would call them on occasion to check up on stuff to see how things are going, and then I would call them to change the debt management things to move money. They were always helpful. Right now I’m almost debt-free, so that’s a big bonus. I would recommend to anyone who’s in the same situation I was in to contact them because they’re friendly and they work with their consumers as far as getting things planned out. I'm able to manage my debt payment things to where it doesn’t overburden me. It was an excellent experience, and if I was in the same position again, I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used GreenPath Debt Solutions through my credit union years ago to get out of debt before that was incurred when I was married. They were good so when I needed assistance recently I thought of them right away and came back the second time. I went through debt management and their reps were knowledgeable, friendly and understood what it's like to be under a lot of debt. It's a great way to get relief from being in debt and it made it easy to know that I paid a weekly or a monthly fee and they took care of the rest. There were credit cards that were willing to work with GreenPath and I'm completely debt-free with those now. However, I'm still struggling with credit cards and companies that don't want to work with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team at GreenPath was awesome. My experience with them has taught me how to handle my bills and manage my finances a little better. My agent was very diligent and worked very closely with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath helped me out of a terrible situation. At first, I sought assistance from my bank but those efforts were unsuccessful. GreenPath called me out of the blue when I needed somebody and when I spoke to their reps, they were always very pleasant and excellent to work with. It was such a relief to be out of debt. GreenPath stepped in and helped me with a situation that HSBC caused, and they were able to resolve it. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our entire experience with GreenPath Debt Solutions was a good one. We got rid of the big bulk of our debt, the ones that can be gotten rid of. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good experience with GreenPath and I'm finished with my credit card debt. Debt consolidation was something that I wasn’t familiar with but they talked me through it. Everything went smoothly. A couple of times when I got in a bind with my monthly fees, they would go and check out everything with my monthly payment and would tell me that instead of paying the whole thing that month, I could give them a certain amount and I'd still be in the clear. They were very helpful doing that type of thing. It was wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath handled my affairs really well. I had to do a lower debt payment and they took care of the rest, paid my creditors and put my mind at ease. They really know what they're doing and they want to work to help people.

When I first started the program, it was CCCS. I was a little skeptical at first because I had never done a debt management program before. As I moved along, it got better and better. When I learned of GreenPath, I was skeptical once again... thinking something was going to get lost or posted incorrectly. Never a problem. Always had great customer service and saw me through until the end! Thanks everyone at GreenPath. I definitely enjoyed the ride!

I think GreenPath saved my life. I was so defeated on so many levels but they made managing my debt (including debts thanks to ex-husband) doable. Don't get me wrong -- it wasn't easy but it was doable. For almost four years I was never late with a payment, and this spring I paid it all off. Cannot adequately express my gratitude!!

I am delighted with the service GreenPath provided to me and they were fantastic during my program. I could not have succeeded without them!

GreenPath Debt Solutions was very professional and knowledgeable. They have provided me with good information and timely support all along the way. Thank you.

I am Mary **'s husband, John. After Mary began to develop her short-term memory loss, I took over the management of her financial affairs. You were most kind and helpful to us and we're very thankful for your help. Many thanks.

Very great experience! GreenPath not only got us out of debt, but taught me how to budget. I would recommend and have told people about GreenPath. Thank you for helping and being there for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in debt having my daughter out and wiring money for her, and this messed my credit card. I got tired of the loaners calling me, worrying me about my debts, and telling me, "When are you gonna pay your loan when you don't catch up with it?" Every time I turned around, this was happening to me. During that time, I also got sick and went to the hospital many times. I have heart troubles and my loaners were worrying me to death. So I went to GreenPath Debt Solutions for them to help me with my debts. It was real good with them. They got me out of debt so quickly. Every last one of them was real friendly to me and willing to help me after all my bad experience with sickness. After my son had seen the way that GreenPath helped me with my debts, he's now with them, too.

I am very satisfied with my experience with Mr. Rudy **. He explained the process and was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Hi Millie,

Thank you for your message. I hope we got everything resolved to your satisfaction earlier this week. We appreciate any and all feedback. If you have any other concerns going forward, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you and have a great day!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 25, 2016

When I first signed up with GreenPath it felt like a dream come true. They were always helpful, had convenient hours for those of us who couldn't get to a phone until later and it was never hard to manage my accounts. This year everything changed. They lose emails, now require two or three phone calls when you are trying to add a new bill to your account, and in the meantime you wind up two or three months behind because you don't realize they lost an email you sent or didn't really set up the account you thought they did the last time you called. I hate the idea of going somewhere else, but it has crossed my mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked GreenPath Debt Solutions real well. They my life easier for me knowing that my debt is all paid off. I was very pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy I worked with GreenPath and have completely paid my debt off. I loved working with Debra, and I appreciate that she was my initial contact person. She was excellent, and a very nice person with a humor. She knew her job and knew how to deal with people. She listened but didn't waste time and was able to take care of business. Because of what she did, I trusted GreenPath, and through it all, the job was done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Working with GreenPath helped me a lot ‘cause I got everything paid off and now my credit is still going up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was referred to GreenPath by Bank of America. Their reps were very friendly, courteous and they weren't pushy. At the beginning, Bank of America actually gave me some misinformation about how things would work out but the GreenPath team clarified things for me and were very helpful in navigating the first debts of the repayment process which I was talking with them for a while regarding credit card debt. I fell behind after I left grad school because I couldn't find a job. Once I found a job, I started repaying and GreenPath helped me as best as they could and made it as seamless as possible. I really felt they were looking out for me. It helped me create a budget and get out of the credit card debt that I was into.

The program was really useful in giving me a road map and target date to be out of debt. It allowed me to not have the stress of having that financial burden and not knowing how I could pay. They negotiated with the creditor companies and I'm not being charged for any interest on some of my frozen debts. There were changes on the interest rate but I don't know if it was done because of GreenPath's involvement or if it was because that's the way that the Bank of America in particular works when you get yourself in trouble.

GreenPath Debt Solutions Company Profile