It's that easy Request Information
4.71/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

376 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

GreenPath helped me through a very difficult time in which I was drowning in credit card debt. I was crying and felt overwhelmed most of the time. They came through for me by getting interest rates reduced and working with creditors. After four years the end is in sight!!!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My auntie passed away and none of my family wanted to take her kids, so I took her kids on top of my own kid. That was a real struggle in my life. I tried with a hardship program and it would seem that I never qualified. I looked into debt consolidation knowing that two of my bills ran into collection. GreenPath took a couple of my cards and calculated everything. I was with them for almost two years and I just paid the last one last month. All of the reps that I talked to in these last two years were amazing. They always tried to work with me. They understood my situation, and they went right in and helped. Even when I didn't give them statements, they showed that all the bills were taken care of. They helped me a lot in times of need and now my credit score is going up.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I went to my bank and I was trying to do a debt consolidation, and they referred me to Greenpath. I called and Greenpath got my information about my debts and set up a payment arrangement. I worked with a lot of reps, but the main one that I worked with helped me get things set up. When I was short of money, they helped me push back sometimes with the payment and that helped me out a lot. Now I’m debt free and and working with them has brought my credit score up. Everything worked out well and the experience was great.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had a lot of debt and I needed to fix my credit fast because I was trying to buy a home, and that was keeping me back. I asked GreenPath if they could help me pay off the debt that I have with all these different collectors, and they put them all together and I paid a monthly payment, and it was distributed to every one of them. GreenPath's reps were awesome. Every time I called, they were polite. They answered any questions I had, they would check up on me, and they would send me anything that I requested. There was only one time that some guy had a sour attitude, but overall, everybody was very helpful.

I liked the process but then the end was a bummer because I thought I was done. I called and checked up on it to see if I was done, and I was told multiple times that I was. It was fantastic and I was happy. But I checked my credit from Credit Karma and it still showed that I had two collectors still on my credit. So, I waited, and then they were still there. They stopped distributing my payments to one of them. And then, they said they overlooked one, so I still had payments on it. So, I wasn’t done. And no one got back to me or notified me. Whoever is handling the case, I wish they would treat it like their own and make sure they had double looked if necessary to avoid situations like I had. Other than that, I recommended GreenPath to many people.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My debt was not being paid off fast enough for me. I heard of Greenpath through our credit union and the reps were very pleasant to talk to and very helpful. The program took five years but I'm done now. They did well, and I would use them again if I need to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: July 23, 2018

GreenPath's program was very good according to my budget, so I could afford to make the payment. They got me a very good rate that I couldn’t get otherwise to be able to consolidate the debt. The rep was very helpful because I put two cards on the plan and then I continued with one. One time when they tried to get the money from the bank, it was not available, but the card allowed me to continue paying at the same rate that I was with GreenPath. So I finished two cards which was really good. The program is done and I feel good. I can use that money to pay something else. I'm glad that I finished the program and I don’t owe any money. I will recommend them and if I need to put another card on the system, I will call them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was in debt with a lot of credit cards and a house payment ten years ago. I also had my kids going to college. I got referred by a friend of mine to GreenPath. The enrollment process was smooth. I worked with this lady who was nice. Then, the GreenPath reps talked to the credit people. They helped out a lot and took us out of debt. I paid my house off and paid most of my cards. One of my kids already finished college. If I see anybody having problems, I would recommend GreenPath.

Original review: July 9, 2018

If you are deep in debt, GreenPath can really help and having them takes all of the stress away from the situation. With a reduction in wages, I sought out their services. They came as a referral from Logix Credit Union and their enrollment process was very easy. The representatives I worked with were reachable and easy to communicate with as well. I was very comfortable working with them. I had to provide statements from my creditors in the first couple of months but I had so many debt creditors and I didn’t realize I had to send that many statements every month for a couple of months. Then they withdrew money from my account in a biweekly basis. The cost of their service was very high but working with them was very beneficial for me and my family. It got rid of my debt in a much faster time than I could’ve done myself.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and thank you to your credit union for the referral.

I’m sorry that our monthly fee was difficult for you to pay. We do have a fee cap of $75 for the state of Massachusetts, meaning that that is the maximum monthly amount you would be paying to GreenPath for administration. We try to keep our fees as low as we can in order to make the program as affordable as possible to many people.

I am very pleased that you were able to pay off your debt – congratulations to you! That is no small feat and it takes a lot of hard work. I am glad that we were able to assist you when you were going through financial difficulty.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any future questions or concerns.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: July 5, 2018

GreenPath saved my life. I had a crazy credit card debt and I couldn't keep up with the bills. I was getting late fees and I was shoveling it against the tide. I was getting absolutely nowhere. I had been seeing all kinds of debt consolidation things on television but Chase Bank told me that they weren't very reputable. Sometimes, they would take the money and not pay off the bills, and then I'd be in more trouble than where I was. I knew that Chase Bank, wanting to get their money, was going to lead me in the right direction. They gave me several names, but GreenPath was the first one that I called.

I spoke with Angel and that's exactly what she was. She sat there and we figured out my budget and how much I was going to be able to pay without it really hurting financially. Then I was looking at what I was trying to pay to get these credit card bills paid off. She told me how they would try to get the credit card companies with lower interest rates, which they did. The enrollment process was very easy. For the first six months, I had to send in different papers. I did the things that they told me that I had to do. They told me not to open up any new credit cards because credit cards can get me into trouble. I'm one of those people that like immediate gratification and sometimes, it just doesn't work that way. I've learned to live within a budget now and it seems like everything has just gone the right way with me.

GreenPath put me on a payment plan that I was able to keep up with. It was quite a bit of money being taken out and I was having $180 a week taken out of me. But they had put me on a five-year plan, which I was able to keep up with. I had a total of 5,000 left, and I went and got myself a personal loan to finish paying off these loans once and for all. It hasn't even been four years that I've been on the program, and now I'm paid off. It was a big chunk of change to have to be putting debt out of you, but I found a solution to a problem that I just couldn't find on my own.

Even when I was gonna try paying off the rest of my bill, I talked with one of the counselors over at GreenPath. I was saying that I was gonna try taking some of my money out from my retirement fund and pay them off. The girl strongly suggested not to. To me, GreenPath has always given me very good guidance. A couple of times before when I was going on a vacation, I asked them if I could skip a payment so that I could have a little extra cash for my vacations. They were always very good about stuff like that and I've never had a problem with it.

Now my credit score has come up quite a bit. A year ago this past March, my car needed to be replaced, and I was able to get it without a cosigner. I'm learning to budget my money a lot better, and it's a little bit harder for me because since I began this program, my pay went from being paid weekly to biweekly. GreenPath is a lifesaving business. I highly recommend this company for anybody who's ever in a situation like I was.

Hi Celeste,

I am absolutely thrilled that everything worked out so well for you. We greatly appreciate your glowing review.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to us that we provide our clients with an experience that is as low-stress as possible. It is no easy task to pay off debt, so I am glad to hear that we created an environment for you that made such a thing possible. You are due a huge congratulations for getting through the program! We are so pleased for you.

Don’t ever hesitate to get in touch with further questions.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: July 1, 2018

GreenPath is awesome and I really appreciated it. I had a debt level that I thought was too much and I wanted help managing it. GreenPath was recommended by a friend and I heard good things about them. I went and talk to them in person and they seemed really helpful. Their reps were very helpful in the beginning in letting me know what information they needed and in explaining the details of things and setting it all up.

Once it was all set up, it worked very smoothly the whole time and it was just one payment to them. I was most impressed that they really sat down with me one-to-one and went through everything. They kept sending me notices of what was going on via email at times. They told me that they couldn't reduce the interest rate with a couple of credit cards 'cause the interest rate was good and that I might as well hold on to those and work on those myself. But they took a lot of the other debts and were able to reduce the interest rates, which makes a huge difference. They spoke with different creditors and they were able to identify from them if they would be willing to reduce the interest rates and that kind of allowed them to calculate what my debt was gonna be going forward.

They looked at what I was typically paying on all of my cards and they basically said, "Let's just say we're all that you were paying but now, you're gonna pay it to us pretty narrowed together." So, it didn't really feel like an increase in what I was paying. But that amount allowed them to reduce the debt faster. They targeted one creditor whenever I pay one thing off, and then they target another one to increase the focus on that one. So it was really helpful. I don't feel like I could do that myself and it's good to have someone in my corner.

The stuff that I was responsible for, the interest rates were 8%, which was low, so it wasn't eating me up. I stayed away from those cards and I did not use them. I cut them up and that was very helpful. GreenPath helped interject the discipline and focus on doing that. Working with GreenPath has reduced my stress. I just had to make one payment and everything was taken care of. I paid them down in different ways and I can see that what they took over and got paid off. I referred my daughter to them.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you both to your friend who referred you to us, and to you for referring our daughter! That alone is a tremendous vote of confidence.

I love hearing that working with us helped reduce your stress – that is truly one of our goals for our clients. I am glad we were able to help you out with your debts. A huge congratulations to you for completing the program! It takes a lot of hard work and discipline and it’s fantastic that you were able to do it!

Please keep GreenPath in mind in case you have any questions in the future. We would be happy to hear from you.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 24, 2018

GreenPath was very easy to work with. They were recommended by USAA and I used them for debt consolidation. Their program worked very well and during the initial set up, we went through virtually all my finances and everything to set up what would be an affordable payment plan for me. When I called them a few times to check upon the program and see how far along I was, I never had a problem dealing with their reps. Their employees were very polite and very courteous. They were also always very receptive and easy to talk to. Sometimes they had to take a couple of minutes to look something up or call another company like one of the banks, but they’ve done a great job.

The cost of their service was pretty good as well. It’d be hard to have the cost at less than what they charged and provide the telephone support with reps able to answer the phones. All in all, working with GreenPath made things easier to simply make one payment that came out of my checking account right as I received my pay. So, it made getting out of debt a lot easier and I would recommend them.

Hi Heath,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us and that you felt our employees treated you well. We are passionate about giving our clients a good experience and doing the best to reduce stress during a stressful time.

Congratulations on getting out of debt! Please reach out to us in the future if you have any continuine concerns or new questions.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 11, 2018

I started my own business and did that for three years. I made some money but lost the money too and had a certain amount of money on credit card debts. They were out on fairly high rates and I felt that if I could consolidate them, I would be able to more effectively get them paid down and done away with. GreenPath seemed like a good one when I looked at a few different companies online.

There were only two times where I got in contact with the person from GreenPath that I was working with at the beginning. Then there was at least a three-year period of time where I didn't interact with them at all. It was just automatically coming out and things were down and everything was working as it should be. I was getting monthly updates and I could see what was happening. Then in the last few months, I wasn't getting those updates anymore. There was a change to the system and I just assumed everything was going quite to the end. And I finally called up and asked what was going on. I got a new password and I was able to get on and check it. But everything was going as normal anyway.

I’ve completed the process now. It was a long process that took five years, but it was pretty good the way it was. Things moved on as expected so there was no reason to have more interaction than the times that I got. Though if I had been more actively involved in the process, there would be more active feedback. Also, I had a bit of a say on what the payment plan would be. And then near the end, it was increased to speed up the process a bit and. Though I was concerned that might change things a little, it seemed to work really well.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your feedback! I’m sorry you weren’t made aware of the change to our system, but I am very glad to hear that it all ended up going so smoothly. Although we love hearing from our clients, if lack of communication indicates that everything is going as it should, I suppose that is a good thing!

Congratulations on getting through the program – that really is a big achievement! Please reach out to us in the future if you have any more questions or concerns.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was going through a divorce and needed to get a grip on a lot of my bills. Enrolling with GreenPath, I just had to get all my information together and consult with the agent. They were great and made sure they were available to me every time I had a question. The payment schedule early on depended on if payments were coming out three times a month. They even helped me a couple of times by not getting more money taken out a particular week and push it back. But over the last couple of years, I didn't ask for that. Now, I’m finished with the program and I feel pretty good. I might file them again and would recommend GreenPath.

Hi Bryan,

I’m happy to hear that our process was easy for you. It is important to us that our clients experience as little additional stress as possible. Congratulations on finishing the program! Please reach out to us again if you have any questions.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 3, 2018

I was being charged for expenses that I hadn't spent, and rather than fighting each one, I went to GreenPath and they helped me to pay them off. There were five or six credit cards. The process was rather simple. If it had been at all complicated I think I'd have backed off, but it was not and it was very positive. I have already finished the program and have gotten one invoice or bill after they had told me I was finished and they cleared it up. It was almost like we were on a phone call and they cleared it for me. They were nothing but terrific and all I can do is give them A+.

Hi Robert,

It’s great to hear that everything went well for you! We work very hard to give our clients a positive experience and to rectify issues quickly. Thank you for working with us and don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any future questions or concerns.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 2, 2018

I found a GreenPath brochure at the bank, asked the lady there and she said that they were credible. I went with them for a way of managing to make all my payments. The rep that worked with me was very nice and helpful. GreenPath collected all the data from all the creditors and then gave me a contract that was easy to understand. It's very straightforward how the service works and it was pretty easy. They also have a website that makes it easy to stay in track of everything that's going on all the time. I'm done with the program and it's excellent. I tell people all the time to sign up for GreenPath 'cause it's not hard to do. It's hard to get through it when you're doing it, but once you're done, it's worth it.

Hi Samantha,

Paying off debts is no joke, and we do strive to make it as painless as possible. Thank you so much for referring others to us. We appreciate the opportunity to help people when they’re going through difficulty. I’m very glad you found the process so easy and our portal useful. We always appreciate the feedback! Don’t hesitate to reach out in the future.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 31, 2018

I was getting in the hole and I couldn't get out. GreenPath was recommended to me and the enrollment was pretty quick. I just talked to someone over the phone and told them how much I needed and what my debts were. I also talked to different people each time I called in to make a deposit and their reps were very nice and understanding. It didn't feel like I was being judged. However, I had difficulties with the payment plan. I had to rob Peter to pay Paul. It was really high initially and then as I paid off, I got them to lower it down a little bit. But, I've paid off a lot of debts. It took a while but I got there and I feel a lot better. It removed a lot of stress from me.

Hi Gloria,

I’m sorry the program was difficult for you in the beginning. Most people find the first months to be the hardest. Unfortunately, high monthly payment is sometimes unavoidable, but we do try our hardest to make the program affordable to those who need it. In the end, I am so happy to hear that everything worked out for you and that you felt our staff treated you well. I wish you the best going forward, and please know that you can get in touch with us with further questions or concerns in the future.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 30, 2018

I needed debt consolidation services. I searched online and I have a family member that referred GreenPath to me, so I went with them. We went over the credit cards that I was looking to consolidate, my income, and what my monthly payments would be. Then they worked out the rest. They figured out what would be a comfortable payment plan to work on that would not seriously impact my quality of life or my financial goals. They took all those things into consideration and worked out the plan that they did for me. So the process was very easy and they helped me get out of debt. Working with them took all of the pressure or the stress out of it for trying to achieve that goal. The rep I worked with was also very informative, very helpful, and made the whole process very seamless. I have recommended them to somebody else.

Hi Kevin,

We really appreciate the referral from your family member and we’re so glad that we gave you a positive enough experience that you decided to recommend someone else to us. Thank you!

Hearing that we helped relieve the stress and pressure from trying to figure out how to get out of debt makes me so happy for you. It’s always so wonderful to hear when we are able to provide that sort of relief to our clients. It’s always our goal to give you as seamless an experience as possible.

Always remember that we’re happy to assist you with any further questions going forward!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 21, 2018

I wanted to consolidate debt and pay it down. GreenPath was recommended to me. I got their debt consolidation service and the enrollment process was pretty easy. My interactions with the GreenPath reps have been pretty seamless. The money comes out of the account and they took care of everything. The quality of the product is excellent and I'm done with the program. My overall experience was pretty good and I highly recommend GreenPath Financial Wellness.

Hi Bryan,

Congratulations on completing the debt management program with us here at GreenPath! That is no small feat and takes a lot of work. That’s fantastic!

It’s great to hear that your experience with our representatives was seamless and that you found the process easy. When you’re seeking help with debt, the last thing you need is another process to stress out about, so we do our very best to make sure everything goes smoothly for our clients.

We’re always happy to help you in any way we can – please give us a call if you have further questions in the future.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had a lot of credit card debt and GreenPath was recommended to me by Bank of America. I called them and they had some forms to gather information to help me come up with a plan to pay off the debt. They were pretty flexible in terms of putting together something that was semi-affordable and helped me through the process of figuring out how much I could afford based upon my expenses and income. The payment plan they set up for me was good and they helped me to deal with certain situations if I had to delay a payment for a few days or skip a payment. I would also call their customer service number when I have the time and generally their reps were very helpful. All in all, working with them was good way to get out of a bad situation.

Hi Richard,

I’m so glad you had a positive experience with us here at GreenPath. We really appreciate Bank of America sending you over our way and it was a pleasure to be able to assist you when you were having difficulty. Please remember that you can reach out to us at any time with further questions or concerns!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 17, 2018

My debt was getting out of hand. I went online, read the reviews, did some research, and ran across GreenPath. Enrolling with them was simple. I contacted them, sent them all my information from all my creditors, and they pretty much did everything else. As long as they had all my documentation in order, it was easy for them. I did an auto-pay once a month which was also easy to set up and they helped me get the interest and everything else taken care of with all the creditors. I tried to get in touch with GreenPath to see if they could do anything to get my monthly payments reduced any they couldn’t. But that was because I created the debt. Luckily, I had a decent job where I was able to pay that debt each month without too much of a burden.

So far, I have one creditor with whom I may have a $2 balance with that I’m paying off. My experience with GreenPath has been great overall and everyone I spoke to was helpful. I generally call on different occasions and whichever operator I was talking to was knowledgeable, answered my questions, and made me feel confident in them.

Hi Derrick,

It’s so important to us to inspire confidence in our clients, so that makes me very glad to hear!

We do try our best to get as low of payments as possible for our clients, and I’m sorry we weren’t able to help you with that. As you said, sometimes the debt is just too much. But I am happy that the program has worked out for you anyway, in spite of that.

We do strive to keep the process simple and our representatives are quite knowledgeable, so I’m glad you had those experiences with us. Please never hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 16, 2018

I needed to get things cleared up and people told us that GreenPath is good. The enrollment process was not particularly lengthy but it was adequate. We didn't talk to the representatives an awful lot but they were fine and they were able to answer if there was a question, which was good. The cost of the service was also fine. GreenPath has helped us get everything put together and then taken care of. They should keep doing what they're doing because it is very helpful. And others should check into it very carefully because they seem to be reliable.

Hi Martha,

Thank you so much for being a client with GreenPath. It is a goal of ours to keep to a minimum the length of time it takes the initial enrollment to get off the ground. I loved your comment that we should keep doing what we’re going – we absolutely will! It’s our mission to help as many people as we can and we pride ourselves in our high ratings. We absolutely agree with you that anyone seeking debt help should do their homework thoroughly and encourage prospective clients to ask questions and look us up online. We are committed to serving our clients with integrity and reliability. Please never hesitate to call us with further questions!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 11, 2018

GreenPath helped clear up my credit card debt and it's always been positive with them. Everybody from this company has always been friendly also. Their reps have been very patient and concerned. Whenever I've had questions or if there was a dispute, they would take care of it right away. I started five years ago and the enrollment went great. They were in McAllen, Texas back then and then went to Harlingen. They settled my debt and told me not to use any more credit. I sent them one payment that was more affordable and they dispersed it as needed. The cost was very little too--around $30 a month. Everything has been great and I'm debt-free now. GreenPath is an excellent way to help people in a certain situation get back on to the right track.

Hi Angela,

First of all, a HUGE congratulations to you on being debt free! That is such an enormous accomplishment and we’re so pleased that we were able to help you on your way. It is very important to us that we give our clients a positive experience. Please do feel free to reach out to us in the future with any questions or concerns.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: May 4, 2018

GreenPath did consolidating services for me to pay off a debt I have. They have a partnership with my banking institution and they were recommended to me by my bank. Also, we got free services from them and the enrolment process was simple. I talked about my finances with one of their consultants and and what I ultimately wanted to do with the account, and then we’ve set up some arrangements. They gave an awesome time and I'd probably complete the program in a year and a half. They also set up a really good payment plan. The representatives are very pleasant with us and I don’t even have to call them too much at all. They took care of everything, and if there was a issue, then I got a phone call about it. But it was very few and far in between. It was like, “Oh, we got a different lender over here. Now, we need just some updated signatures from you, sign everything.” Working with GreenPath made my life simpler and I didn’t have to worry.

Hi Noah,

The process of setting up a debt management program can often be a stressful one, so I am so happy to hear that we were able to make the process easy for you. Our representatives strive to make it a positive experience. It sounds like the program is going well for you so far, which is incredible! Please never hesitate to give us a call if there are any issues or if you have questions along the way. We’re always happy to help.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had $40,000 in debt from my divorce and it's a significant amount. I looked into debt consolidation and went with Greenpath since my bank uses them. Then I worked with one person who was very accommodating. I gave Greenpath all my bills and they told me what the debtee could take and what my monthly bill would be. The money came out and everything got paid like it was supposed to, and I was able to complete the program. I didn’t have to worry about making sure I made the payments and the agreements were already taken care of, so I didn’t have to stress about that and it was comforting knowing that all that stuff was being paid.

Hi Valerie,

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS on paying your debt! It takes a lot of effort and sacrifice to complete a program - how AMAZING for you. I am so happy we were able to assist you and thank you so much for your positive feedback. We love hearing stories like yours. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with. Have a great day!

Colleen Dillon

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: April 27, 2018

We're glad that we went with GreenPath. We had to get all of our bills together and we were on a telephone call with them and they put in a couple of hours' time to get us all set up. After that, everything was done through email. They let us know what was going on every month. The payment plan they set up was doable because it was based on what we owed, how long we wanted to be in, and what we could afford. And if there was an issue with income changing, all we had to do was let them know and things could be adjusted. Even though we didn't need to do that, we knew that it was an option so it wasn't frightening.

GreenPath did what they said they were gonna do. There was one of the bills that the debtor didn't accept, but they still paid it for us. It was something that they maintained for us and we didn't have to deal with that one. The cost was perfect and equal to the service they provided. The program did what it was supposed to do and they were able to get all of our stuff paid off. Now we don't have it coming out of our account every week anymore. We were comfortable working with GreenPath. They were very nice people and easy to work with. Moreover, nobody made us feel bad about having debt. We had a very positive experience with them.

Hi Kimberly,

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your debt paid! Having debt hanging over your head can be overwhelming and frightening and it is important to us at GreenPath to alleviate those feelings for you. I’m so glad to hear that this was your experience with us and that we succeeded in making everything as painless as it possibly could be.

If you have any questions of concerns in the future, please do reach out to us. We’re always happy to help!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was in a motorcycle accident and my friend Jessica set up GreenPath for me. GreenPath was nice and every time I called, they gave great service. They helped in every way and it was a good way to go. All the bills were in default and GreenPath helped save my credit, so I’m happy about that. I got my bills paid off and I never had any worries. The cost of the program was excellent as well. I always paid GreenPath every month and it went great.

Hi John,

We’re so glad that Jessica sent you our way and even more glad that you found it to be a positive experience. We are very happy that we were able to help you and that going through the process helped save your credit – but we didn’t do it alone! So a huge congratulations to yourself for the dedication it must have taken to commit to our debt management program! All the best to you in the future!

Please don’t hesitate to give us a call with any future questions or concerns.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had a large debt with three credit cards, and GreenPath contacted the creditors and managed a better payment plan for me. They consolidated the amounts I owed the creditors and that figured in how much money I would be able to pay per period or per month at that time. They put something that I was able to manage and they would, in turn, disburse the money to the creditors. Those three large debts have been paid off. The access by telephone and by e-mail as well as the updates that I periodically got was ideal. And anyone who I spoke with at GreenPath was very knowledgeable and skilled in communication. It gave me a very reassured feeling that I was taking the right course of action.

GreenPath's service cost was well worth the money. It wasn’t a terrible amount and it was built into the plan. It was explained to me quite carefully and I felt very assured that this was gonna work for me even with that additional service. I was able to correct quite a financial mess that occurred and I feel like I’m back on track. It feels redeeming to have an agency like GreenPath to help me. I would recommend them many times over.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for that glowing review! Congratulations to you for getting your debt paid – that is a wonderful accomplishment!

We do work very hard to ensure that our debt management programs are going to benefit our clients and that the monthly maintenance fee is not overwhelming. I’m glad that you had that experience, yourself, and that you feel we are worth a recommendation to others who may be struggling with debt.

Communication is also key to succeeding with our clients and it is very important to us that you have had a positive experience. Please don’t hesitate to keep the communication going and reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was behind on credit card and medical debt. I had paid for my daughter’s wedding dress, all her jewelry and three of the bridesmaids' dresses. I thought I could handle the credit card debt but I got sick and was in the hospital. I ended up owing about $7000 and I have a limited income and I’m on retirement. GreenPath helped me pay that off in four years. I’m so proud of myself and I’m so glad they were there to help me. Their reps were so nice to me. Everybody was always cheerful and if I was not working and was going to be a couple of weeks late, they’d let me do that once in a while. The payment plan was very reasonable because I was trying to pay 12 different places and getting late fees, and it worked out so much better for me. I refer GreenPath to anybody that needs help.

Dear Renee,

Thank you for such a glowing review! We’re so happy we were able to assist you in your time of difficulty. Paying off debt is no small feat – you SHOULD be proud of yourself!

I’m glad GreenPath was able to help you out on your journey. We greatly appreciate any and all referrals you send our way.

Thank you again and CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Sincerely,
Leah Darland

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 13, 2018

I joined the program in 2014 with a baby on the way and credit card debt from a time of financial hardship hanging over my head. Even though I was able to make the payments I was getting more and more interest piled on. I contacted GreenPath and they helped me navigate a lump sum payment to get all my accounts sorted. The interest stopped accruing and finally debts were getting paid off! Though it took a while we finally paid off all our debts on the program and our credit was in the clear!

Any time I had to contact GreenPath I was shown professionalism and given the help I needed/requested. I never felt judged or talked down to. They were always helpful. Take negative reviews with a grain of salt, when something doesn't work out for one person, they lash out at the company. I never in the 3 years I was on the program had a problem and any issues were given strict attention and resolved. I'll hopefully not need them again, but would highly recommend to anyone who needs financial help!

Hi Cierra,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We really appreciate your feedback. I am so happy that you had a positive experience with GreenPath. Our clients’ experiences are very important to us. Moreover – congratulations on paying off your debts! That is a huge accomplishment!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us, even if you just have some general questions.

Sincerely,
Leah Darland

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had credit card debt and somebody presented GreenPath to me. I called them up and everything has been fine. For a year, they took the money out of my account and paid my bills for me. Their reps were always pleasant and the quality of their service was great. It was an easy experience and I recommend them because they helped me.

Hi Melissa,

I’m very glad to hear that you had a good experience with GreenPath and that you found our team members to be pleasant. We take our clients’ experiences very seriously. We appreciate any referrals you send our way, as well as the person who recommended us to you!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other concerns in the future. We’re always happy to help!

GreenPath Financial Wellness expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Established in 1961 as Michigan Credit Union League, GreenPath debt solutions has grown into a full nonprofit financial services organization. The company has offices across the country and helps more than 200,000 people annually.

• Recognition and certification: GreenPath was one of the first agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide bankruptcy counseling and education services. GreenPath’s accreditations include the Council on Accreditation (COA), National Foundation for Credit counseling (NFCC) and The U.S, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

• Free counseling: The company offers free credit and debt counseling along with financial education. Their other services are available for low and transparent fees.

• In-person help: GreenPath has offices in all 50 states to help clients who prefer to seek help in-person.

• Services: GreenPath helps with credit counseling, debt management, housing issues, student loan debt, credit report problems, reverse mortgages and bankruptcy. Their extensive GreenPath University provides financial education and includes financial calculators, eLearning, videos and webinars.

• Credit report support: They have specialists to help clients review their credit report and improve their credit score.

• Bankruptcy: The company is approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide counseling needed to file Chapters 7 or 13 bankruptcy.

• Best for: individuals with, credit card, student loan debt, credit report problems and bankruptcy.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

MI
(800) 550-1961
www.greenpath.org

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business