4.87/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a non-profit organization that has been helping people get out of debt since 1961. They offer free debt counseling, holistic debt management, and financial education tools and resources. Their caring, professional advisors are passionate about providing consumers with a plan of action and a sense of relief.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

336 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I fell into some trouble and I needed some guidance and help. A friend had told me about GreenPath and so I trust her judgment and went with them. Everyone that I spoke with was very helpful and polite. They catered to what I could afford and we went with it. Plus, the cost was excellent. Everything was awesome and I couldn’t be more pleased with GreenPath.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

The whole thing with GreenPath was very impressive. They were recommended to us and when we enrolled with them, things went fast. Their reps were all very polite, too. We always had a different one when we called or if they called us and they did superb answering any of our questions. They helped us through the whole process. We had a great experience and we would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I used GreenPath before and I used it again to pay off bills. I call their number and they give me an application to complete. I put down all the credit cards that I want to consolidate. And when I had to let them know that I had to postpone a couple of payments because they were taking it out too early, I called them. I worked with different agents but I felt comfortable with them. They provided information I was looking for and they were courteous.

GreenPath worked and it helped me pay off my debt regularly. I didn’t pay it off early but I made all payments. I'm done now. Working with them made a change in my life because I have 22 years of my work experience and I’m close to retirement so I can retire earlier than expected. I’d recommend GreenPath and I would let people know that they’re all professional and they help provide information towards getting debts paid off early. Hopefully, the people would be provided the same service I had and they’ll be able to pay off their bills early.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was in debt and couldn’t get out. I kept falling farther and farther behind, and I couldn’t do it myself. GreenPath was sponsored by MSU Credit Unions. They talked about GreenPath quite a lot and so I chose them because I like MSU Credit Union and they’re good. I gave them all my bills, all my credit cards, and they figured out a way. They paid them off for me. I believe they got some discounts and paid all the creditors off. They were so kind every time I call them. I was never late but whenever I had any questions, they always answered them right and always said I don’t have to worry about it and they’ll get me through to the end. They were very helpful. The man I talked to, at first, was very gracious. He answered questions that I didn’t know about. I would have understood how to take care of my credit cards and what not to do and what to do have I gone to them a long time ago. And I probably wouldn’t have gotten a reverse mortgage.

The other guys who I spoke to were gracious as well. Especially in the beginning, I had to take my papers in and have them check them over and make sure everything was going okay. I was a little nervous, but they got me through that. I’m 70 and my husband’s 77 and I don’t know where we would be if it weren’t for them. I'm already done with the program and I can sleep at night. The program took about four years. We had used all of our 401k up, all of our reverse mortgage money, and we were down to nothing. Now, we have savings and we’re so much better. I was really helped by having the ten steps that they gave us on my desk and then look at them almost daily for I have to keep out of debt. That’s going to be a hard thing but it’s not going to be if I keep with what they’ve done and what they’ve taught me. Lastly, the cost is well worth it. I would definitely recommend GreenPath to anybody who is in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We were in a bad financial situation. I was in an accident and went on disability. We were also involved in a civil lawsuit that was costing a lot of money and we had a couple kids in college. I got suckered into those zero percent transfer your balance and zero percent for 18 months thinking I was going to get back to work. That didn’t happen so we had a lot of credit card debt at a high-interest rate.

I made an appointment and went to GreenPath. I talked to a very nice gal over there at the Mishawaka, South Bend office. She went over what our expenses were, what our income was then calculated all the credit card debt and figured out how much we could pay every month. She also explained to me how the system worked. She set it up to where the credit card companies agreed to lower the interest rate and set up a financial plan to pay it off. We had eight different credit card companies and GreenPath worked out the deal with them and the companies agreed to it. We were paying $2,050 a month.

The interest rates went from 18.99% down to 6%. Some of them even went down to 4%. That was nice because we were getting overwhelmed with it all. It’s nice to just have them manage the whole thing. When we had some extra money, we would apply it to GreenPath and they would pay off whatever they thought was the highest interest rate.

We had a few situations through the couple of years where we were getting a financial bind and we weren’t able to pay the $2,050. But GreenPath took out the minimum $150 and we got caught up the next time we made payment. It was a very smooth process. And every time I had questions or we had things we had to take care of, we just called the toll free number and that worked out well. They were very easy to work with. I didn’t realize it for about a year but I found out I could go online and set up an account with GreenPath. I could go to their website, look at where I was at in the program and what cards were paid off and which ones weren't. That was much more user-friendly than trying figure out, looking at the credit card statements and wondering how much was applied.

We originally had about $78,000 in credit card debt and it was set up on a four-year program. We did it in about two and a half years. We paid the final amount off on January fifth of this year. We got paid off pretty quickly and we were glad to have gotten it done. Freeing up that extra $2,000 a month has been good. My credit score when we started was 560 and it was bad. By paying that credit card debt off, selling some farmland, paying off our second mortgage, my credit score is now 780.

I found out later that a consumer could call their credit card company on their own and say they were getting financial problems and needed some relief. But we had eight credit cards so that would have been a pain to do it. GreenPath made it a lot easier doing it through their program than trying to do it ourselves. They had the contacts and they knew how to do it so it was nice doing it in one place. I found out too that there are other companies that do that stuff. But GreenPath is one of the better ones out there and I highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was overwhelmed with card debt and GreenPath got it reduced and put on the lowest rate. They set me up for the automatic payment and I didn't worry about it for quite a while. It was affordable for me at the time to pay things and go where I could come up with a solution. And then I ended up getting some money finally and paid everything. I talked to one rep to set it up and usually they were the ones that call me. But whenever I called GreenPath to get a hold of my rep and return their phone calls, I never really got to speak with anybody. Also, I never received any proper emails because they didn't have my proper email address written and they didn't even have my name spelled right for a long time. I suggest they make sure they got all the contact information right before hanging up. GreenPath helped me and it was a little bit faster than some people would be on it with discrepancies, difficulties and correspondence.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had too many credit cards opened, and we needed help in bringing them down. When getting enrolled with GreenPath, there were basic questions over the phone. They contacted our creditors and decided on a monthly payment. They then decided how much they were going to pay each company, and determined how much had to come from us each Friday. The monthly paying plan was a lot cheaper than what we were paying each company. Also, their reps would once in a while send me emails saying how far we are. They were very helpful, and at the end they congratulated us. They sent us a letter, too. Their caringness and helpfulness impressed us the most. I’ve never worked with anybody like that before.

GreenPath helped us get the interest rates down, and they helped us with monthly payments, too. We completed the program last month, and it has helped us financially get out of a stressful situation. We were able to breathe again. They are a good company to go through if you’re struggling like we did. GreenPath helped us out a lot and I'd tell friends to definitely check them out if they're struggling.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was in between jobs and we were not able to pay a lot of our credit card bills. So, we called GreenPath to try to get help to lower or stop the interest rates, stop the cards, and get a plan. We got a debt consolidation program and the people that we talked to helped us get everything going. At first, I was hesitant working with them since I’ve never done anything like this. It’s always scary to give out all of your credit card information to someone that you’re not face-to-face with and it was a rocky start because we had to give all our information to them because they have to call on behalf of us to all the different creditors to negotiate. But we saw that our bills were getting paid and everything was working out. We were able to manage it a lot more easily by doing one bill a month, instead of trying to sort through six or seven different payments. It simplified everything and helped us decide a lot. Overall, we were happy we did.

We were fed up with sitting on hold for hours at a time with different card companies just trying to speak with somebody but GreenPath was able to get it done much more efficiently. We’ve got two kids that we’re constantly chasing and we don’t have the time to sit there on the phone for hours at the time on hold to get transferred to some company in India that we can’t understand what they’re saying. It took all that out of it and that was very relieving.

The reps at GreenPath were easy to relate to and they’re very personable. When we called and asked for any kind of help, they were on top of it and didn’t drag your feet. It would be an improvement if you could check everything online where they send out a password and you could set up an online account to track your balances. But we’ve called in and everyone was very helpful and they let us know what progress we’ve made, and how much longer we have to go and everything else. Cost-wise, it was very reasonable at $50 a month. For them to do all that legwork and put a hold on a lot of the cards in order to stop and reduce the interest on a lot of the cards for a payoff plan, that was worth it. That’s $800 a month worth of bills that we don’t have to pay anymore, so that’s a big deal. I was happy with the service they’ve provided. GreenPath was a good choice and it was very successful for us. I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We had eight credit cards that we paid off using GreenPath. It was very easy for us to get in. Once they found out that we were members of CoVantage Credit Union and they verified that, that was it, and we didn’t have to pay for their services. We sent the monthly bill for each card to them so they could see what they were and go from there. They were concerned, very polite and understanding that it made a big difference for us. Their representatives were really good as well.

They negotiated the payment deal with the credit card companies and got us a lower interest rate to pay on the credit cards. Then they negotiated the monthly payments to a lower amount that we could handle better. In fact, with their help, there were two cards that we didn’t have to pay any interest rate, while the others, we paid a 2% interest. There was a couple that was in budge. It took about three years to get everything paid off and we had over $10,000. We like the way that they handled our whole situation. Working with them made everything a lot easier and it’s a peace of mind for us.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had a lot of debt in many different places and went with GreenPath 'cause my bank pays the fees. It was free for me, so it was excellent. I'm in GreenPath's debt management program. I called them up, told them all my stuff, they verified, and then they negotiated with my creditors and figured out a payment plan based on my income. It was pretty comfortable working with their reps. I usually got a hold of someone or they called me back. Also, they answered all my questions and did the negotiating for me. They did pretty much what I asked them to. The program made payments more manageable and easier to make, and we got a lot of things taken care of. I have already recommended GreenPath to one of my friends.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I went through a divorce and some medical issues the last couple of years and things just compiled. I tried to pay things off and it just didn't happen. It was great that GreenPath was able to help me get some ground under my feet again. I researched and dealt with some other ones but the negotiations and the paths were quicker with GreenPath. They took my information down and they let me know which accounts I could work with and which ones I wouldn't able to do. But it all worked out. They walked me through it. It wasn't just the payouts that went out it was also what I was spending on: utilities, food, etc. All numbers were run by me.

Also they kept me in the loop as negotiations came in, whether I accepted them or not, then they move forward to them. They saw me as a person, not just as another client. They were compassionate about my situation and came up with the best scenario. The negotiator didn't just say, "Well this one can't happen, I can't do it." When everything was completed and I was able to take care of a lot of my debts, I mentioned to them that I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle since mine was 20 years old and it was falling apart. They mentioned that they could also take care of my payments every two weeks, whatever that works.

They still wanted to continue to help and that was great. I've had a lot of stuff paid off in addition to the program that I was with GreenPath. I was able to kick some more of the extra money that I was able to use and pay off some other items. I've referred the program to several people and a couple of them are on the program already.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

In order for me to pay down my debt, I need lower interest rates from the credit card companies but I wasn’t getting cooperation from them. My friend had used GreenPath and she had great success with it. Since she did her research, I just followed her footsteps and I got on GreenPath's program. We did the consultation over the phone. Someone met with me in person and created a list of the debts that I wanted to include in the program. Their fee was minimal for $50 a month.

They contacted the banks. They got the interest rates lowered and that was a substantial amount of debt. Then they started me on my way to deducting a certain amount each paycheck which automatically comes out. There was a great customer support along the way. If I had a month where I needed to skip a payment withdrawal date, I would ask for a reprieve and they were totally fine with it. The process was very easy, as well as contacting them. June would have been my program end date but as of last month, I completed the program. Now, I have an additional almost $450 a month that’s not going to them or to bills. The end result is that I paid up $22,000 in debt in five years which I wouldn’t be able to do on my own. It was a success as far as I’m concerned. I would recommend them to whoever is trying to work with banks which is impossible to do.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had some credit cards that I wanted to get rid of. GreenPath was willing to work with me and I liked the personality of my worker. She was very good and able to give me the help that I needed to let me know what I needed to do. She also researched on behalf of me and the company to negotiate what was best for me. GreenPath helped me work with the creditors to lower the interest rate and get them paid off sooner. I was also able to save up.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

GreenPath's enrollment process was easy. Their representative walked me through everything like setting up the payment. She was patient and her great level of knowledge helped me out a lot. GreenPath is a good business and they made me see things clearer. I was going through a lot of painful headaches during that time of my life I was unemployed. They cleared up everything for me, tied ends up and right now I'm almost free of debt. I’ve been talking to people about them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My wife’s legs were both amputated and she had heart attacks, strokes and seizures. The debt got too high that I couldn’t handle it. So I told one of the girls at Tampa Federal Postal Credit Union about my dilemma and the bouncing checks all over. I was trying to control the situation but couldn’t so they suggested to get a hold of GreenPath. I told GreenPath about my situation and they notified all of the people I owed money through the doctors, lawyers but mostly hospitals. Even the Walmart Pharmacy that I’ve got checks for my wife’s prescriptions was monitored by them. It was quite a big deal. And then I had to drop the card and they got it down to a lower percentage that I could afford. Everything was a snafu then and money was coming out of my check.

My wife used to do all this but when she got sick she couldn’t do it. I tried to do it myself but there’s too much paperwork and too much memory. It was hard for me. I couldn’t get a job anywhere because I stayed home and watched her. So we went on further debt and GreenPath got it all taken care of and I’m happy I did it. We started off at $200 and after a while I sum up and gave them $300 to speed the process up. And when my wife passed away I paid back to the hospitals again. But I am cleared from paying since last month. I have completed the program and now I get $300 back in my paycheck. Their representatives were very helpful and understanding about my situation. I was very satisfied with it and I would recommend GreenPath to anybody. They covered everything and it was worth it for they had the expertise to do it.

Hi Ronald,

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your experience. Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I had been employed and I was also a student. I had to give up my credit card for six months which meant that I was left with so much consumer debt that I would’ve had to declare bankruptcy. I was in the debt consolidation program for five years originally with another provider and then my stuff was sold to GreenPath. I wanted the plan to be shorter but it was a good discipline to have to do it in five years. My cost was $25 a month which was a pretty darn good deal to me and I also had a great experience every time I called. I’m glad that I’m done with the program now but I haven’t had much release because I went to one debt to another. Instead of spending $772 a month on my consumer debt retainment, now I’m paying my student loan for not quite that much but close. Still debt consolidation has certainly made my life better and I would totally recommend it, as well as GreenPath, to other people.

Hi Meryl,
Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation. Congratulations on finishing your program. Please give us a call if you would like to discuss options regarding your current debt.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Several years ago, I was over any kind of monthly on bills and debt. The credit union told me about GreenPath so I trusted them. The credit union never led me in the wrong direction so I figured their endorsement of GreenPath was positive. I went online and started the process. Most of the other steps were through them alerting me online and also through communication. They also wanted me to send the bills to them so I did. They were clear in what they expected. Their reps were always courteous to me and didn’t treat me like, “You stupid debtor, you got yourself in this trouble.” They always made me feel like I had integrity and I was dignified. The only thing I had trouble with was keeping up with my account online. I'm 82 and everything wants a password but I couldn’t remember all of them.

GreenPath helped me contact department stores and people that I owed money to. I asked help with four accounts and they got a reduced payment out on some. On others, they couldn’t, but they worked with the creditors. I put GreenPath on an automatic deduct and as soon as my retirement went in, they would take the money out each month and distribute the payments. So I had no problem with the payment plan. I had no problem with the cost of their service either. I just finished my responsibility about a month ago through them and they stayed with me until the end of the term of three months. They helped me get out of my stress feeling on my debts but I didn’t know that going into the program would affect my credit. It was not that bad, though, because I needed to be spared the worry and the program also helped me with my credit at the end.

I love GreenPath. I just got a Christmas card from them the other day telling me to let them know if they can help me again. It’s nice to know that there are people like them because I thought I had to deal with that all by myself. They help an individual have dignity because of the way they treat people. They are willing to ask somebody to look at the client’s situation and be ready to realize that they can still get their money and yet not be Scrooges about it. I always tell my friends not to lose sleep over their debts and that if they really are sincere in honoring that debt but couldn't do it the way their creditor is asking them to, I would suggest they get in touch with GreenPath. They’re a company enabling clients to pay bills at a lower rate and without having the stress of being bummed every month with all the bad stuff.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. We are happy that your credit union referred you to GreenPath for help. Thank you for sharing your story. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I knew GreenPath through my bank, Westconsin Credit Union and it was a free service. I have a bunch of credit card debt and I wasn’t having much success on my own paying it. GreenPath was able to take care of the tax on my credit card companies and the lower interest rates. I called their reps a couple of times during the process. They were always really nice and helpful. I was able to pay my debt off faster making weekly payments. I completed the program a couple of weeks ago and the whole program went well. I’m grateful to them because both of my credit cards are paid off. It was close to $12,000 worth of credit card debt and it’s done with so I feel a lot better.

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad that the credit union recommended to call GreenPath. Congratulations on paying off your debt! We are happy to hear about your experience. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My mom went with GreenPath Financial Wellness and she paid off her debts real fast. I wasn't organizing my monthly payments so I was always behind. GreenPath helped me out and they were able to do it all together for me. They lowered the interest and they extract the money from my account every two weeks to help me pay off my debts. I called the number and they asked me if I was new or existing so I said new. They asked me for my statements and asked me to pay a fee. I paid and they got me enrolled on my dates that I was going to be paid on. I paid off my debts, built up my credit and I cleared up some stuff.

GreenPath is the nicest company I’ve worked with and the representatives were fast. A lot of times I didn’t have my ID number but they'll pull it up with just my Social Security and my password. They were helpful because sometimes I would pay off a lump sum and they were able to adjust the monthly so I could afford it or they gave me other options. I was supposed to have the program for two years but I cut it down fast because I paid off a big sum with my income. They’re very supportive. I made a good choice and I would recommend GreenPath to some of my friends if they have the same issues as I did.

Hi Ariana,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on paying off your debt early! We are happy to hear about your experience. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I called GreenPath and thought that it would be a good company to go with. The name stood out to me. They helped me be able to make one solid payment to all my debts. The enrollment process was very easy and they were good with my payment plan. I told them all of the bills that I had to pay and they helped me put it all organized. They took it over from there and told me what my monthly payment was going to be. It went real smooth after that. I made a monthly payment and I was able to pay off all of my credit cards.

I dealt with several different people at GreenPath and they’ve been very good. They were very thorough. They knew my file immediately when I talked to them. Each person I talked to each time knew me. However, GreenPath could pay a little closer attention to near the end of their process. They told me that I had a couple months extra to pay my plan. When I asked them how much, they looked and told me I owed $607. I told them I just got a bill which said $207. The rep checked and told me that I was right. They added it out and I ended up not having to pay those two extra months. Other than that, the program worked out very well. I have recommended GreenPath to my son and to several other people.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on paying off your debt! I'm sorry to hear of the issue that you had at the end of the program. I am happy to hear that it was resolved and that those extra payments were not needed. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

GreenPath did very little for me except negotiate a payment plan with the credit card companies. They were just the middleman and took a middleman cut. Enrolling with them was easy enough. However, I should have negotiated more and I should have asked questions more. For what GreenPath did for me, they got paid more than they should have. On the front end, they said that they could reduce my interest, but they didn't and I ended up paying a lot more because of GreenPath’s presence in the full repayment process. I could have done it myself, but I don’t really know a lot about that stuff and had to use them. They made it convenient though. The reps I talked to were fine and I don't have a complaint about any individual.

The money was there for them to take out of my checking every month. However, they weren't monitoring how much I owed when my debt was about to run out. For the last payment, instead of taking out exactly what I owed, they took out more money and I had to chase them down for that. Then they kept taking money out of my account after the debt has been paid off. They would have kept doing it had I not caught them. I could imagine another consumer who knows even less about this than I do and would just keep paying it and expect GreenPath to tell them when to stop. They definitely dropped the ball towards the end.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for expressing your thoughts regarding your debt management program. We appreciate any opportunity to improve our services. We are so happy to hear about your positive experiences with us and would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion or concerns you may have experienced. It appears some items were not clarified to you and that is certainly an issue on our end we will rectify. You have given us the opportunity to take a closer look and be sure these issues are something we can be sure will not be repeated.

Within a Debt Management Program, each creditor has their own specific rules to which they adhere, their own concessions that are unique, and the decision to offer these concessions is up to them. Having worked with creditors over more than 60 years we can confidently say the typically we have little problem getting proposals accepted and offering these concessions to our clients. Per review of this program, it shows me that all creditors that were in this program had reduced interest rates and eliminated fees. This can show differently on statements (for example, showing a credit to an account in the amount of the reduced interest that period) and that may not have been explained.

We also do not prefer to set up a Debt Management Program if the fees would add up to more than the amount saved in interest and payments over time. We generally find most of our clients save much more in the long run rather than paying their debt down at higher minimum payments with higher interested over an average of 20 years.

Apologies that you were not called prior to the end of the program. Generally, our system lets us know any time a debt is near pay off so that we can allocate funds accordingly and stop deposits from coming in (this is per compliance standards). It could be that the Sears balance was showing higher than the actual balance so when you contacted to advise it was paid in full we updated and stopped the deposits. I can certainly see why this was frustrating to you.

I am happy to discuss any concerns you may have or help in any way you need. Please do not hesitate to contact.

Sincerely,
Colleen Dillon
Quality Assurance Manager

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had unexpected medical bills that made it so difficult to the end of the month and we had to use credit cards to help pay some of those bills. I decided that it was time to put a stop to the escalating debt that our family was getting. GreenPath offered a program that made it easy to see the end of that in four years. I wanted to go to one that I at least felt was a non-profit or at least it was intended to be not in the back pocket of the banks.

The process started with a phone call. I talked to the intake counselor and they explained the process. We had understood about the snowballing of paying for things increases each month, when you got one paid off and that money goes to the next one and then it gathers money up. That's the way we wanted to do it. They worked it out. $2,300 a month was kind of expensive for me. I had to pay off everything but they made it so that the interest was less for some of those bills.

Whenever I called and needed to make an adjustment or any kind of question they were always great. I was amazed. Almost everybody was speaking the same language. I never heard something different from somebody when they talked to a different person. Everybody was friendly and they didn't work acting all judgmental. When somebody decides that they were going to get some help to get out of debt it sort of hurts your pride but GreenPath helped us understand that things happened. It was just a great situation and I'm extremely happy that we're out of debt now. I'd recommend GreenPath with somebody who felt like they were at a point financially where they just didn't know what to do. And if they owed more money than they had that would be great way to approach it.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation. Congratulations on paying off your debt! We are happy to hear about your experience. You are not alone and we are here to help. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I was in a lot of credit card debts and I couldn’t manage all the minimum payments. A friend of mine referred me to GreenPath. They helped her out a lot and have helped me out immensely, too. They lowered all the interest rates on my credit cards and they even made it easy for me to pay once a month, which is manageable for my salary. I called them a couple of times because something was up and I was going to be late with my payment. Everybody was very pleasant and they worked with me. The customer service was fantastic from start to finish. The cost for their service was so minimal. I was able to get out of debt in five years versus what would have been 20 years from the way I was going. I'm about to get in debt again because my kid is in college but at least for now, I'm out of credit cards. I feel awesome. I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Raquel,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that your friend referred you to GreenPath! Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We’re trying to get a house and I was trying to get all my debts paid, so we can get my credit score back up. We chose GreenPath because they were affordable and more polite. The enrollment process was easy. All I had to do is get my bills and my credit report. Plus their reps treated me good. I’ve completed the process now and it made my life better. I would recommend them.

Hi Lula,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on finishing the program! I'm glad to hear that the process was easy for you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

In the beginning, they told me the program was going to be four years and I thought that it was a long time. I was skeptical about any company, not just GreenPath but I liked the fee. It was like $12 dollars and they told me they were going to do it. They not only convinced me, I really liked everything about it. Even if I was a little bit skeptical, I took that risk and now I’m really happy. After everything and I look back, four years wasn’t a long time. Without them, I would probably be still in debt and I don’t know if I would've been able to get out the interest. That’s what they did for me and in four years, I was able to pay all of my debts and I don’t know how they did that. It would have taken longer without them if I didn’t take that risk. Now, I’m just waiting out the 60 days to get my credit card. It takes them 60 days to contact all of my banks in order to get into my debit cards.

They also told me that my account is closed and they paid it off, but I got the bill and it’s still showing 36 dollars. That was my confusion at the end but they did a great job. What I like about them was every time I called, they were available. Most of the people complain that as soon as a company gets business from the client, they were very hard to get on the line but I didn’t have any problem GreenPath. I liked everything about GreenPath and I would suggest and recommend to everybody. Whenever you’re in a situation dealing with credit and having some hardship to pay off, go with GreenPath. You're going to solve all your financial problems.

Hi Sanela,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on finishing the program! I'm sorry to hear about the final bill confusion. Sometimes a bill is sent out by the creditor before the final payment was received from GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

A co-worker of mine had dealt with GreenPath in the past and he suggested that I have them help me with trying to straighten out my credit because he was very pleased with their work on helping him. I didn't think that it was legit until he told me, "No, you should try it. It really works." So I went on ahead and set up an account with them as well. It was free being that I was with the credit union. I didn't have to pay as long as I was a customer with the credit union. That was something that the credit union offered.

During the enrollment, they pulled my credit and I told them what creditors I wanted them to help pay off for me with direct deposit. They submitted a proposal to the creditors and see if the creditors would accept it. Once the creditors accepted it, they started taking out a certain amount out of my direct deposit every two weeks to pay the creditors for me. I was in the program for three years because they were only checking out so much to pay - $34 here for this creditor, and $75 here for this creditor, so it wasn't a lot. They worked with me on what I could afford. I still have hospital emergency bills on there and they had told me I can get back with them. However, they said that the max has to be $500 and the hospital bills that I have is under $500, so that's something that I can just set up with the hospital to be put on a payment plan.

Each one whom I came across from GreenPath was very helpful and nice. I've got phone calls at 6:00 or 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening to answer some of my questions that I had, and I didn't have a bad experience. It was actually a good experience with that company. I didn't have any more phone calls from the creditors once the proposal was entered. I had been getting a lot of phone calls and it was agitating me because I take care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer's and dementia. GreenPath worked with the creditors for me so the creditors didn't harass or bother me anymore. I dealt strictly with GreenPath. They did the proposal and the calling. Even though sometimes they needed me to be on the call for a third party, I didn't have a problem with them taking care of the business for me.

I was really impressed with GreenPath and with the program. There was nothing that I didn't like about it. I completed it last month. I have four creditors, and each one was paid off. My credit score has went up tremendously and it really helped me. I would refer them to anyone who's trying to get their credit cleared up. I told a couple of family members already and a couple of friends at work about them. It was a nice experience. And if I needed to go back, if I had more debt - which I don't because they helped me out greatly - I would definitely go back with them in a heartbeat.

Hi Sonija,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on finishing the program! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

A friend recommended GreenPath and my bank subsidized part of the debt management program. GreenPath does a credit check and they send letters to all of the debt companies to agree to be in this program. Their program made it easy for me to manage my payments. They lowered my monthly payment and I only had to make one payment versus 20 different card payments all at once. The reps always helped me with every concern I had. They always gave me accurate information on exactly how much money I owed. It was kind of a pain that they wanted me to send them monthly statements from all my creditors the first few months, but other than that the program was easy to use. I have paid off all of my credit cards earlier than expected and the program has raised my credit.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on finishing the program! I am happy to hear your credit is now higher. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The rep from GreenPath whom I dealt with was very professional, very kind, and helpful. The enrollment process was smooth and everything went very well. The cost was excellent in terms of the quality of the service I received. I'm complete with my debt, so that's always a relief. They were excellent and I really enjoyed working with them.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on finishing the program! I'm glad to hear that the process was smooth for you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My credit was bad and GreenPath said they could combine my bills and help me pull my credit. At the time, that was the best solution. That was the one that I was introduced through my bank and that's the one I picked. GreenPath combined two of my debts and instead of paying two bills that I couldn't pay at the time, they made it possible for me to pay that off and I didn't have to worry about it being in my credit anymore.

When I got enrolled, they asked me a couple of questions and then they told me to send them paperwork for the two debts that I have that I wanted them to help me with. It was an easy process and the program worked for me. And every time I called, their reps were courteous and were always willing to help. I was in it for four years and just this month, I paid off what I had to pay off and I'm not in at all. I just finished that bill and I'm already done with the program. I have seen the improvement in my credit. It went from bad to okay now. I'm still not where I want to be but it opened doors for me like get my own apartment and get other stuff that I couldn't get before. If you want your credit to improve a little bit better, GreenPath will help you do that.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on finishing the program! I'm glad to hear that the process was easy for you. Congrats on the new apartment. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

GreenPath Services came very highly recommended to me. I wanted to see what they could do for me and they did exactly what I needed. I had some debts like credit card debts in particular and they were able to call the creditors and get my interest down and my payments lowered every month. Sending the money to them and letting them handle it was the best.

They sent me the paperwork, I signed it and I sent it in. Then they called me to confirm everything that was on the paper, told me what I would have to do and the time limit I had every month. They helped me from the beginning and they explained everything. They told me what they would have to do and they would get back to me to see if it was okay with me. I followed them right through and whatever they told me was the truth.

They were all very nice, very kind, very helpful and I didn’t have to ask twice. They knew just exactly what I was talking about and what I needed and then they helped me and that’s why I stayed with them so long. I've been with them for about six years and they took care of everything for me. They worked very good with me on my payment plan and I could have never did it any other way. They did a lot to me. It took a load off my mind so the pressure is off. And thanks to them who did it for me. If my friends need help I would give them the number so they could call GreenPath Services.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. I'm glad to hear that you had such wonderful customer service. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information

www.greenpath.org

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use