2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

View More View More
GreenPath Financial Wellness(844) 211-1189

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 27, 2020

We were trying to get a mortgage and needed to clean up our credit and our credit union suggested GreenPath. The enrollment was a pretty easy process. The reps did a fantastic job and were very helpful. The program has been working well. We’ve been on it for several years and just paid $200 every two weeks. We have completed most of the things that were on there and we've also been able to add things as things were paid off. However, we had to get off of the program because my husband switched jobs and we weren’t getting paid the same.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I'm done with the GreenPath program. When I was looking for a provider, I got a better feeling from them and I didn't feel like I was taken advantage of. Plus, they seem to be more ethical and caring than some of the other sites. The customer service people were super friendly, empathetic and easy to work with. I liked that I could have two payments a month and I could pay more if I wanted to at any time. I didn't have to go through them every time and I just had to let them know. So if I got a bonus, I could pay through the credit card online. I also liked the tools that they had available on their website. Plus, their interest rates were great.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Everything was surprisingly easy to the point that I thought it was too good to be true. But from the time I set up the account to the time that I paid it off, the program with them was painless virtually. It worked super well. Throughout the course of my time with them, they made a lot of updates allowing a lot more, adding useful features to their online portal. Their portal is useful. I check it every once in a while to mark the progress. It was easy. Working with them eased the burden off my shoulders, which is awesome.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I was a little scared at first but it went faster than I thought. There were times I wondered if I would ever get my bills paid off. But GreenPath help me get it done and save my credit rating. Not sure how to get it boost it up right now but I'll figure it out I guess. Maybe the one of them can call me. LOL! Anyway I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! Thank you Green Path!

Original review: March 15, 2020

They helped me clear my debt with Bank of America. It would have taken me a lot longer. They got the interest rate lowered. Made the payments manageable. I would recommend them to anyone who is having financial problems. They helped to get us back on track.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: March 14, 2020

My friend told me about GreenPath and she had said they had helped her out. She had given me some details of her issues and stuff of what she had then what they had talked about. I said I’d give it a try because I didn’t know exactly where to go or what to do. I gave them a call and decided to go with them. They basically took money out of our check twice a month and they paid the credit card bills with the money that they took out then they took the fee out with it. I spoke with several people over there and the customer service was really good. One time I had an issue and I called back, talked to somebody else and they were able to fix it.

GreenPath was able to redirect the focus and it helped because they were able to lower the interest rate which enabled us to pay the debts off faster. If I called the credit companies, they wouldn’t lower them. But GreenPath had a contract with the credit companies and they were able to do something different which worked out for me. I was able to pretty much zone in on what I needed to pay first. And because I was able to save, we were able to put a big chunk down on a new vehicle. That was kinda good for us.

I was paying $50 a month up until about the last six months or so. I just progressively was able to pay on it because of the different bonus checks and stuff that we received. I can understand that GreenPath had to make money so they had to have a fee on it. Their fee was good but $50 a month was kinda high. It was like $10 for each card of two $50. And I had $50 for the majority of the time per month. I would’ve rather paid one fee down. But in the last four months, I paid 40 then 30 then 20 for a month then I didn’t pay anything at all because I paid it off. I finished with the program in February. That took almost two and a half years.

GreenPath's website was also very good and I love it. It was very easy to work with and maneuver through. It was very easy to understand what they were doing. But at the same token if I needed to call them and say, “I've paid off this credit card. Don’t pay any more on it,” and to get ahold of them in the middle of the day, it was kinda hard. I learned that I had to call at 7 o’clock in the morning to be able to get ahold of them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Enrolling with GreenPath went smoothly. The person who worked with me explained the positives and potential drawbacks of their program very well. I thought the services would be a little broader in terms of negotiating with some of the creditors but I learned that it was mostly a process of working with credit card debt and putting it on a payment plan. It created more discipline than I had on my own. I had nothing but good experiences with them. When I called, I got answers right away. While it wasn't always the answer I wanted, it was a direct one with not a lot of runaround. Once or twice the reps may have had to do some research and get back to me. When they did, they got back very quickly and with really direct responses.

GreenPath's services created some discipline around making and it was one less thing I had to worry about every month. The drawback was that by entering into agreements through GreenPath with my creditors, it was negative from from a credit reporting standpoint. It seems that the report was that I'm in a program and I'm 100% drawn against my credit card. I thought that over time my credit score would improve, but it really didn't. There wasn't really a way to improve it without breaking the program. The rep told me that my credit score would improve in time because I wouldn't be showing up as being 100% utilized on my credit cards.

Dear Ratliff,

It is important to us that our clients not only succeed in paying off debts, but also gain skills to ensure continued financial wellness! It sounds like that is exactly what happened for you and we are so glad to hear it.

Thank you for your positive review!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I started with Consumer Credit Counseling in 2011 and was eventually picked up by GreenPath. At that time, I was in a financial mess. I had credit cards, store credit cards, and items in collection that were taking a toll on me. I became depressed and upset with every phone call from a debtor. I used to hate when the time came for them to start calling me. I scoured the internet looking for companies and had connected with one in Boston, MA. I needed someone local and ran across Consumer Credit Counseling. It changed my life. My first appointment, I noticed a huge jar on the floor, it was nearly full of shredded credit cards.

After setting things up with my credit counselor, I was asked to shred mine. I did and became liberated from that moment on. I had a plan to get me out of this debt that had overtaken me. They halted the phone calls from my creditors and I was able to see balances paid off. To say that I was thrilled is an understatement. I continued in this program and this past June, I paid off my last one to a finance company. I truly am grateful to God for this service and how it changed my life. If you are in over your head with debt, reach out to Greenpath. I promise you they will make you feel that you have the support you need to get out of this and stay out. I have one credit card now that I am managing as I have learned my lesson. Thank you GreenPath! You are a lifesaver!

Dear Gloria,

Wow, what a powerful exercise, to shred up all your credit cards. Putting the idea of becoming debt free into action must have been quite an experience!

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing up the program. We will miss you as a client, but we are so happy that you are free from that burdensome debt and that you have learned how to manage with minimal cards.

Thank you for being our client!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 14, 2019

GreenPath was awesome. I had an old debt that was in collection status and I needed a little help with it. I heard about GreenPath through an old co-worker that was using them as well. She said it took her about two years to get back on her feet, and they did just that. I called GreenPath's number and they asked questions just to get an idea of what type of debt I had and the amount. They explained to me the amount that they worked with which is $300 and more. Everything under that, I would have to make arrangements with myself. I did, one creditor at a time, and I paid it off that way. Once they got all of my bills together and had my income information, they did a little math and came up with what would be comfortable for me every month. The payment came out of my account every month automatically. They took it from there and distributed it to all the creditors.

They were very professional and answered all my questions. They were there when I needed them. I worked with several representatives and I was impressed by how quick they were in gathering everything, doing that initial call, and giving me an idea of what it would be monthly. The phone call lasted maybe 20 minutes and that was really cool. However, the queues are backed up when you call so you have a little bit of a wait. But then they do have the function or the option to put whatever number for them to call you back. That works too.

Dear Tracy,

We are so pleased to have given you such a positive experience. It sounds like everything went just according to plan for your Debt Management Program!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you in the future - we truly appreciate having you as a client!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 26, 2019

When I googled debt consolidators, GreenPath came up and I went with them. They provided excellent services and the process was very easy. Every time I called and had a question, I got somebody on the phone to answer me. The reps that I worked with were very helpful. They explained everything very clearly and I got all the information that I needed. They spent time with me when I needed that and I never felt rushed. They were very flexible and easy to work with. They asked me what would be comfortable for me right from the beginning. I told them the amount, then we broke the payments down to every two weeks and it worked out fine. I made my monthly payments and I'm done with the program. It was all good when the accounts were finished and everything was settled very clearly. Everything went very smoothly and I was happy with the whole thing. I would recommend GreenPath to other people and in fact I have already done so.

Hello Leslie,

Thank you so much for referring others to us! I loved reading about the experience you had with GreenPath - that is just what we hope for for our clients. We do try to be as easy to work with as possible. CONGRATULATIONS to you on finishing the program! Wishing you the best of luck going forward.

GreenPath Financial Wellness expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Established in 1961 as Michigan Credit Union League, GreenPath debt solutions has grown into a full nonprofit financial services organization. The company has offices across the country and helps more than 200,000 people annually.

• Recognition and certification: GreenPath was one of the first agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide bankruptcy counseling and education services. GreenPath’s accreditations include the Council on Accreditation (COA), National Foundation for Credit counseling (NFCC) and The U.S, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

• Free counseling: The company offers free credit and debt counseling along with financial education. Their other services are available for low and transparent fees.

• In-person help: GreenPath has offices in all 50 states to help clients who prefer to seek help in-person.

• Services: GreenPath helps with credit counseling, debt management, housing issues, student loan debt, credit report problems, reverse mortgages and bankruptcy. Their extensive GreenPath University provides financial education and includes financial calculators, eLearning, videos and webinars.

• Credit report support: They have specialists to help clients review their credit report and improve their credit score.

• Bankruptcy: The company is approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide counseling needed to file Chapters 7 or 13 bankruptcy.

• Best for: individuals with, credit card, student loan debt, credit report problems and bankruptcy.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information

1961
    36500 Corporate Dr
    Farmington Hills
    MI
    (800) 550-1961
    www.greenpath.org

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.