Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Danette,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience and you are feeling like you can enjoy life again! That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming debt free. Best wishes going forward!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 24, 2016

About three years ago, I was hysterical with my debt because I paid for my daughter's beauty school and then the interest rate went up on the card that I used. It was $300 a month interest and I was making $200 a month payment, so I couldn't make $500 a month in total. I read about GreenPath in a magazine and I called them. I couldn't stop crying and their guy Maurice calmed me down and told me they were going to get me out of that debt. They helped me from that day forward.

I told them how much I made and they lowered my interest rate that same day. They called the credit card company, got me on a payment plan and it was awesome. All their representatives were the best. Every time I had a question, I got a different one who helped me. Now I'm done and I'm debt-free. This month, I'll be able to see the difference. I'll be $500 a month richer because I paid the debt off last month. I'll be able to enjoy life and I won't be worrying about it. I love GreenPath.

I searched for debt management companies and GreenPath came up first. They told me how they were going to do it in writing and in our conversations. So, I understood what was happening and that was really nice. They took the time to make sure I understood. They were able to lower my interest rates on some of my debts but there were some that they weren't. They did what they could and they were really consistent in how they handled everything. They were good communicators and it went really smoothly. We wrapped it up real neatly two months ago.

I got GreenPath for my debt consolidation. Their people were pretty helpful and personable. They tried to assess the needs that I have with their services to make sure that they gave me the right information. They reached out to me whenever there was a problem so it was really nice. They were able to lower my interest rates with the credit card companies and then the payments and locked those terms in.

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm happy to hear that working with GreenPath took stress off of you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My wife used GreenPath in the past and I got to know about the company through her. I ended up availing of their debt management services. The first walk-through to determine if I needed the help was great and there were touch points every now and then. Once I got started, it was good and after that, it was on auto-pilot. The contact pay off early but that went all smoothly. I also always knew that I could contact them if I had any questions.

Working with GreenPath has definitely taken the stress out of the situation. You know that you are able to accomplish something so that helped tremendously and it got me up on the disciplined path too. Locking in and automatically withdrawing on a weekly basis definitely benefitted me and that became a routine. They were able to make the interest rate manageable for me too. It was good all around. I was tremendously pleased with the service, what it did for me and how it helped me and my family out. It was a great experience.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have these concerns.

I am glad that we had a chance to talk on the phone today so I could get your perspective on the situation. I plan to call you tomorrow so we can do a conference call with Chase to get more information and clarity. From there we will determine the next steps so we can reach a resolution that meets your needs.

Thank you again and talk to you soon!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Greenpath repeatedly sent payments to Chase that did not make it before the statement cutoff date. This caused a late payment to be reported on my credit report in September 2016 despite having been on the program for over 2 years and never having missed a single deposit or having made a single deposit late.

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off all of your credit cards! I'm glad you found GreenPath while searching online. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

GreenPath helped us get all credit cards paid off and we are happier than a bug in a rug. I was hunting on the internet then for someone to help us get out of our problems because I wasn’t doing too good contacting the credit card people myself. They all refused to lower the interest to me so I thought I’d try a different avenue and see if I could get help with it. I had seen different ads for debt solution companies and we went with GreenPath. This is the first time we’ve ever used them. Whenever one of their reps would come up with a low balance, I’d call in and tell them the balance which was less than what the full payment would be. So, they needed to adjust how much they were paying. In fact, we got overpaid on two of them at the end and I wound up getting refunds from Bank of America, Chase Bank and from GreenPath.

So far, it’s made a lot less stress in my life because I didn’t have those bills facing me every month, trying to figure out how we're going to pay them. I had gone off on disability and I wasn’t able to work anymore. Therefore, we didn’t have any income from me except for the small retirement funds that I had and we were having a really hard time paying our bills. We were dishing out at least $1700 a month trying to pay those five cards but we suffered otherwise. We’d have to cancel doctor’s appointments and weren’t going anywhere at all because we didn’t have the money to go. We also didn’t have money for gas and we got very few groceries. We were paying more than twice what GreenPath was taking every month and paying. So GreenPath was heaven-sent for us at a very, very difficult time in my life.

Every person that I talked to there was always very cordial and very helpful from day one. However, at the very beginning when they set up the budget, they said we we were spending too much on groceries a week and told them that that grocery budget wasn't just food. That’s also stuff to clean our house, to do our laundry, to take care of a big yard. So, $125 for two people and a house and a yard and laundry, etc isn’t very much to pay in today’s economy. Other than that, we're very, very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Hi Angella,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

GreenPath was a great company to work with. I had various interactions with them and they were all very pleasant during my time there. I always got all the information that I needed. Working with them bought me financial freedom since now I’m free of debt.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying your debt off! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I had seen a certain company advertised on TV and I called the Better Business Bureau to check them out, and BBB recommended GreenPath. I was handling my cards myself and I had combined everything under one card, and then another company would send me a new card and I would use that, till it just got out of hand. The reason I was seeking help was because a company like GreenPath could negotiate rates better than I could. They explained what they do. Some of them negotiated for less interest rate, and some even negotiated for no interest rate. But most all, the interest rates were lowered.

In working with them, I didn't even have to deal with making my monthly payments. I left it up to GreenPath. I had arranged for them to automatically withdraw the funds that they needed and they handled everything. I was beginning to suffer from low vision, so I was having a hard time reading the account numbers and phone numbers, and making the phone calls. It was very stress-relieving to know that everything was going to be handled every month, and at such a low monthly fee. I was very pleased. When I made the decision to put my house on the market and go into a condo, it gave me great joy to be able to close out everything.

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues you were having. I hope everything is well with you. Congratulations on paying off your debt and becoming debt free that is a great accomplishment ! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I ran up credit cards for two years when I could not work because of my chemotherapy. It frustrated me that I was just touching the interest and could never pay down the actual debt, so I called my bank and asked if they had any support and they gave me GreenPath. I've never heard of debt consolation and the company so I Googled the company, then called them and a young kid walked me through the process. He said “There’s a fee each month on top of the bank fee but it’s $30. What we do is we talk to the bank, we get your bank debt collective and then we negotiate a lower APR.” We did that instead of me paying 15% interest.

They were super cool and they enabled me to know what I had to pay each month. They were clear and upfront about their process and they remained in touch anytime I had a question. There was a local office that I could call if I wanted, and I never had any problems getting through to customer service. There was no automated system.

They made me feel like paying my credit was doable and I can be back in control of my finances. They were communicative and they sent me an email each month letting me know that I needed to get in touch with my credit card companies every couple of months to see what the balance was to make sure that it was in line with what GreenPath had. They were able to lower my interest rate from 15% to 7% and it was fabulous. I had $35,000 of debt five years ago and it’s gone. When my debt program was done, they told me “Hey, congratulations. If you got anything else, let us know.” It’s my first couple of months without debt and life is great. I highly recommend GreenPath.

Hi Joseph

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I knew of GreenPath from someone who was using them and was having a good experience with them. I looked at their website, so I went with them. Interactions went excellently with their reps and it's been an overall very positive experience with them.

Hi Tejuana,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy your credit union has referred you to GreenPath! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I heard about GreenPath through their credit union. They were professional and working with them has helped me in terms of getting my bills paid and putting out the interest on it.

Hi James,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debt. We are glad you found everyone at GreenPath to be so helpful. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Greenpath helped me out tremendously. I had a tremendous amount of debt due to a divorce and that debt is now gone. I have that off my back where I don't have to worry about it. I agreed to a certain amount, and they came right out of payroll deduction. The Greenpath people are very easy to contact. I just Google it, and their 1-800 number would come up. I'd call them and they would direct me to the right people. They are always very helpful whenever I called to discuss the status of my account. They bend over backwards to help me and give me information. They were good to me and I can't thank them enough for keeping me on the path of taking that money out of my account twice a month. I wouldn't have lived without that money but now, I have that money back. My credit is reestablished.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your fathers passing. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I like the way GreenPath Financial sounded and that it was non-profit. It looked really good to me on the internet so I signed up with them. They had a very helpful team and whenever I called, they gave me what I needed or answered my questions. It was great because I didn't have to worry about the bills anymore as they took care of it. Then I was able to pay it off because I got an inheritance from my father when he passed away. They're a good company, and I really enjoyed working with them.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We called a bankruptcy attorney, and he recommended us to go to GreenPath Financial to file for bankruptcy. It was simple. We signed up, someone walked us through step by step, and we never heard anything from them again other than the emails I get for the updates. It's really easy and convenient. I got bills paid off, and that's good.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I called GreenPath and set up everything on the phone. They are friendly. Then I made sure all my payments were in every two weeks like they were supposed to. They helped me pay all my bills and I'm not in debt. I'm very satisfied and grateful for their help.

Hi Trent,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The GreenPath reps were all very informative, helpful and had a lot of the answers to the questions I had when I first started looking for help with my debt. They were professional and friendly during the whole process. Working with them has definitely helped us to be better budgeters and to focus on paying the debt and setting aside the money to do so.

Hi Terri,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I would recommend GreenPath. At the beginning, they called to make sure that I had everything in order and if I had questions, they got answered right away.

I didn’t have any trouble with my experience with them. It worked out really well. I got the stuff paid off a little bit early and everything went just as it was planned.

Hi Donald,

Congratulations on paying off your debt! Thank you for the positive feedback. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

GreenPath set everything up and I had a certain payment amount that I made each month. Then If I had any questions, I would call them and say, “This card’s paid off now so could you make sure that the extra money goes to this one?” It’s how to explain how it would work. You would keep reducing the debt till they were all gone. One would get paid off and then the money you took to pay that could pay off the other one. They also made it easy to set up with the creditors. They were able to reduce the interest rates because they told the creditors that I would be paying every penny back that I had used. GreenPath told me if I did that, it would look favorably upon my credit rating and that was important for me. It’s already come back up and everything is very good.

Hi Michael

Thank you for the positive feedback and for telling your friend about GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I had a phone conversation with GreenPath and it seemed they were really willing to help. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. I got their service and it made me a better spender. I am now a little bit more conscious of what I’m doing financially. It really helped me out a ton. I have recommended them to a friend.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that Bank of America to you about GreenPath. Congratulations on paying your debt off! That is an awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. Thank you for telling your friends about GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I asked Bank of America if they knew anybody I could contact to help me out with my debts and they referred me to GreenPath. The GreenPath guys were very wonderful to work with. They're worth signing up with if you have a lot of debt. I got all my bills paid off, I got rid of the four debts I had that I wanted to get paid, I now have more money, and I'm able to save, so I'm really happy. Their program works for me. There was nothing that I couldn't handle. It took a lot of time (five years) and money to get where I am today, but it was worth it. I hardly have any interest rates at all. That's one good thing when you sign up with them -- they do lower your interest rates.

It went very well with the team at GreenPath. The lady that helped me was very understanding and got me set up. The GreenPath guys were very supportive, easy to talk to, and willing to work with me. They encouraged me to keep going until I got my debts paid off. If I had any problems, I'd give them a call and they were always available. If I hadn't had them to help me, I might not have paid off my debts yet. I might still be struggling just paying a little bit here and there. They set me up with payments and I met all those guidelines. Now that I have more money, I can decorate my house, because I had to put everything on hold before.

The one thing that really blew my mind was the one debt that I had remaining, which had a 25 cents balance. I had paid off everything else and only had that 25 cents bill. I'm surprised that the creditor didn't just right that off. I had to pay 25 cents out of my checking account. I called the creditor, gave them my bank card, and they took off 25 cents, so now I don't owe them anything and I have a zero debt balance. It's done. I'll most likely close all those accounts.

I'm glad I had GreenPath because I've heard some horror stories about other debt counseling people that don't work with them as well. I heard a story where they didn't even pay the bills. I thank my bank that I've been with since 1977 for recommending GreenPath to me. I would definitely recommend GreenPath to anybody that has a lot of debt. I already recommended them to a friend of mine who has some debts.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debt. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I was doing a web search 5 years ago and found GreenPath with the EAP program. GreenPath took the debt that we wanted to work at getting rid of. We talked through how to do it and they talked to the bankers or the financing side and got stuff set up. Having the credit item under control is what we wanted to do and they did that and helped us get there. They made it a simple process and made it seem easy. If we're having problems for a month, they worked with us to slide through. In fact, we were able to get done early. Our experience was smooth, painless and end result was what we wanted.

Hi Yahnishia,

I hope that your day is going well. Thank you for your review!

I am following up on my phone call earlier today. I wanted to let you know that I reviewed your program and see that all the debts were successfully paid in full by GreenPath in August 2016. Congratulations!! The balance in your account was zero after the last payment disbursed on August 22.

As for the credit reports not reflecting the debts were paid in full I do encourage you to check again in a month or two to ensure that it shows all debts were paid in full as sometimes it does take a little bit of time for the credit report to reflect that.

If there are any other questions or anything else I can help with please contact me at 248-553-5400 x 2235. Thank you! Congratulations again on paying off all your debts!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

GreenPath was helpful with taking the time to set up my debt management program with me. I wanted all the bills to stop and it was decent. I stayed on top of it and paid whatever balance remained on my cards through automatic withdrawal. Once it came towards the end they let me know through email that I'm done paying off something. I would check my monthly statements and they told me to call and make sure that things were settled as they were supposed to be. But whenever I check my credit reports it just shows that everything was paid for on time but nothing as far as paid off. Also, I recently overpaid and they said that I will be hearing something as far as to where the money would go or if it would be refunded, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

Hi Clifford,

Thank you for the positive feedback and the constructive feedback regarding the monthly statement. Congratulations to your father for becoming debt free. Thank you for helping him work with GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I used GreenPath Debt Solutions' debt management for my father and their reps were all positive. The only complaint I have with the whole experience is on the monthly statement. My elderly father with dementia wanted to know each of his account's balance often but they don’t actually show it. So every time I wanted to know, I'd have to call and get a report back in email with the itemized info when it should just come as part of their monthly statements. When my father started, he was $23,000 in debt with 18 credit cards and today he’s out of debt and he got out of it ahead of schedule. It was all systematic and everything happened like it was supposed to with no surprises along the way.

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for the kind words. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

GreenPath worked with me and has been a big help. I claimed only the account that was in trouble and my debt got paid. I like everything GreenPath did for me.

Hi Antonia

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Everything worked pretty well with GreenPath. I didn’t have any problem with them through years that we worked together. I used their credit services and they helped bring down that debt from $41,000. The team was very wonderful. Every time I called, I got someone on the phone. The lady I spoke with was very nice and explained to me everything. She always kept in touch with me through the years. They were very nice and honest, and they did everything they said. They do a good service and they kept their word.

Hi Melvina,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

All was fine with GreenPath. The reps were good. Everything's paid off.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you were able to avoid filing bankruptcy. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

One of our creditors said to us that GreenPath Debt Solutions was a good place to call. He told us not to call any of the other 800 numbers and that some of them could be very pricey. We were very leery about calling anybody but they ended up being a great call. Initially, I signed up for GreenPath when I was married. We ended up getting divorced and all of the debt ended up being dumped in my lap. If I didn't have them, I would've had to claim bankruptcy myself. It was a struggle but they helped me keep my credit score up and get my payments paid off very quickly.

It was a very good experience overall. Their team was fantastic. Every single time we had any sort of issue at all, they explained it to us in layman's terms and we understood everything that they had to say so it was well done. They kept me very updated and didn't charge an arm and a leg for fees. There was one time when my payment got rejected and they told me "That's one strike," and I said, "All right. Let me fix it."

Hi James,

Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations on paying off your debt and in less than 4 years! That is a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Before joining GreenPath I was out of options. I tried one of the debt things where one just quits paying and it didn't seem to be a good idea I talked to Consumer Credit Counseling and they basically said there was nothing they could do to help. A lady that I work with introduced me to GreenPath. She was on their program and raving about it. At first it was kind of touch and go because we had so much debt and it was overwhelming them a little bit too. But after they came up with a program and we sat and looked at it and figured out how to make it work, the first month, it was hard for us to get started and we thought about dropping it. But we stayed the course and paid off $106,000 debt in less than four years.

They called the creditors and worked out deals with them, and one of them even ended up giving us several thousand dollars back if we paid off earlier. They handled all of that. All we had to do is turn the money over to them and I didn’t have to fool with it. My wife and I feel so much better just not having to worry about all that and we're not going back to it. It's a great program. I just wish more people knew about them. They were always encouraging us and sending emails telling us to stay with it, that we''re doing fine and good job on paying things off. There is no substitute for the peace of mind that we got out of it. They’re a lifesaver.

Hi Sean,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I heard about GreenPath through one of my creditors. They gave me a number for debt consolidation. It was very smooth in the beginning and then early last year, I was buying a home and they're very cooperative with getting the questions answered from the loan mortgage. They helped me maintain my credit, which is very important to me getting back from hardship. It was, more or less, the bills that I was concerned about.

Hi Denise,

Congratulations on being debt free! That is a great accomplishment. Thank you for the positive feedback. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I've been with GreenPath for a year and a half, going through their debt consolidation and I was pleased. Their representatives are all friendly and helpful. Everything is paid off and I'm done with them now. I don't want to be ever in debt again but if I had to, I'd go back to GreenPath.

Hi Monica,

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I heard about GreenPath through my job. I did their debt management. They call me and make sure that I send my statements and that all payments are being accurately put in. Working with GreenPath lowered my interest rate and cleared up by credit. It was a good program and I'd recommend other people to be on it.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Profile