Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Danette,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience and you are feeling like you can enjoy life again! That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming debt free. Best wishes going forward!

Kasia Augustine

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 24, 2016

About three years ago, I was hysterical with my debt because I paid for my daughter's beauty school and then the interest rate went up on the card that I used. It was $300 a month interest and I was making $200 a month payment, so I couldn't make $500 a month in total. I read about GreenPath in a magazine and I called them. I couldn't stop crying and their guy Maurice calmed me down and told me they were going to get me out of that debt. They helped me from that day forward.

I told them how much I made and they lowered my interest rate that same day. They called the credit card company, got me on a payment plan and it was awesome. All their representatives were the best. Every time I had a question, I got a different one who helped me. Now I'm done and I'm debt-free. This month, I'll be able to see the difference. I'll be $500 a month richer because I paid the debt off last month. I'll be able to enjoy life and I won't be worrying about it. I love GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The GreenPath reps were all very informative, helpful and had a lot of the answers to the questions I had when I first started looking for help with my debt. They were professional and friendly during the whole process. Working with them has definitely helped us to be better budgeters and to focus on paying the debt and setting aside the money to do so.

Factual basis uncertain

Dear Mr. Ali,

We greatly apologize for any misunderstanding throughout the recruitment process that may have occurred. GreenPath prides itself on ensuring a great recruiting experience with us, and we are disappointed that you feel that you had a negative experience. We will admit that we have a very extensive recruitment process inclusive of several interviews, a PXT Profile and typing speed assessments, as well as phone interviews. We have a responsibility to our clients to ensure that we are making the best possible hiring decision, and we take this responsibility very seriously which is why our process is quite extensive.

Again, we greatly apologize for any misunderstanding and wish you only the best.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I have been given constant assurance that I was at the top of the list for employment because of outstanding test results and several months of constant check ups for open positions. I've waited patiently for months, only to hear from **, Jeremy that I did not pass a computerized personality test. Although my interview, practical test, and cognitive tests were flawless, Jeremy declined me from a mere personality test. I was not declined promptly after their confidential test result, but 4 months after while being told that the position will be open to me when they have their next classes. I have never been so insulted in my entire life.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
I would recommend GreenPath. At the beginning, they called to make sure that I had everything in order and if I had questions, they got answered right away.

I didn’t have any trouble with my experience with them. It worked out really well. I got the stuff paid off a little bit early and everything went just as it was planned.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath set everything up and I had a certain payment amount that I made each month. Then If I had any questions, I would call them and say, “This card’s paid off now so could you make sure that the extra money goes to this one?” It’s how to explain how it would work. You would keep reducing the debt till they were all gone. One would get paid off and then the money you took to pay that could pay off the other one. They also made it easy to set up with the creditors. They were able to reduce the interest rates because they told the creditors that I would be paying every penny back that I had used. GreenPath told me if I did that, it would look favorably upon my credit rating and that was important for me. It’s already come back up and everything is very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a phone conversation with GreenPath and it seemed they were really willing to help. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. I got their service and it made me a better spender. I am now a little bit more conscious of what I’m doing financially. It really helped me out a ton. I have recommended them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked Bank of America if they knew anybody I could contact to help me out with my debts and they referred me to GreenPath. The GreenPath guys were very wonderful to work with. They're worth signing up with if you have a lot of debt. I got all my bills paid off, I got rid of the four debts I had that I wanted to get paid, I now have more money, and I'm able to save, so I'm really happy. Their program works for me. There was nothing that I couldn't handle. It took a lot of time (five years) and money to get where I am today, but it was worth it. I hardly have any interest rates at all. That's one good thing when you sign up with them -- they do lower your interest rates.

It went very well with the team at GreenPath. The lady that helped me was very understanding and got me set up. The GreenPath guys were very supportive, easy to talk to, and willing to work with me. They encouraged me to keep going until I got my debts paid off. If I had any problems, I'd give them a call and they were always available. If I hadn't had them to help me, I might not have paid off my debts yet. I might still be struggling just paying a little bit here and there. They set me up with payments and I met all those guidelines. Now that I have more money, I can decorate my house, because I had to put everything on hold before.

The one thing that really blew my mind was the one debt that I had remaining, which had a 25 cents balance. I had paid off everything else and only had that 25 cents bill. I'm surprised that the creditor didn't just right that off. I had to pay 25 cents out of my checking account. I called the creditor, gave them my bank card, and they took off 25 cents, so now I don't owe them anything and I have a zero debt balance. It's done. I'll most likely close all those accounts.

I'm glad I had GreenPath because I've heard some horror stories about other debt counseling people that don't work with them as well. I heard a story where they didn't even pay the bills. I thank my bank that I've been with since 1977 for recommending GreenPath to me. I would definitely recommend GreenPath to anybody that has a lot of debt. I already recommended them to a friend of mine who has some debts.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was doing a web search 5 years ago and found GreenPath with the EAP program. GreenPath took the debt that we wanted to work at getting rid of. We talked through how to do it and they talked to the bankers or the financing side and got stuff set up. Having the credit item under control is what we wanted to do and they did that and helped us get there. They made it a simple process and made it seem easy. If we're having problems for a month, they worked with us to slide through. In fact, we were able to get done early. Our experience was smooth, painless and end result was what we wanted.

Hi Yahnishia,

I hope that your day is going well. Thank you for your review!

I am following up on my phone call earlier today. I wanted to let you know that I reviewed your program and see that all the debts were successfully paid in full by GreenPath in August 2016. Congratulations!! The balance in your account was zero after the last payment disbursed on August 22.

As for the credit reports not reflecting the debts were paid in full I do encourage you to check again in a month or two to ensure that it shows all debts were paid in full as sometimes it does take a little bit of time for the credit report to reflect that.

If there are any other questions or anything else I can help with please contact me at 248-553-5400 x 2235. Thank you! Congratulations again on paying off all your debts!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

GreenPath was helpful with taking the time to set up my debt management program with me. I wanted all the bills to stop and it was decent. I stayed on top of it and paid whatever balance remained on my cards through automatic withdrawal. Once it came towards the end they let me know through email that I'm done paying off something. I would check my monthly statements and they told me to call and make sure that things were settled as they were supposed to be. But whenever I check my credit reports it just shows that everything was paid for on time but nothing as far as paid off. Also, I recently overpaid and they said that I will be hearing something as far as to where the money would go or if it would be refunded, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used GreenPath Debt Solutions' debt management for my father and their reps were all positive. The only complaint I have with the whole experience is on the monthly statement. My elderly father with dementia wanted to know each of his account's balance often but they don’t actually show it. So every time I wanted to know, I'd have to call and get a report back in email with the itemized info when it should just come as part of their monthly statements. When my father started, he was $23,000 in debt with 18 credit cards and today he’s out of debt and he got out of it ahead of schedule. It was all systematic and everything happened like it was supposed to with no surprises along the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath worked with me and has been a big help. I claimed only the account that was in trouble and my debt got paid. I like everything GreenPath did for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything worked pretty well with GreenPath. I didn’t have any problem with them through years that we worked together. I used their credit services and they helped bring down that debt from $41,000. The team was very wonderful. Every time I called, I got someone on the phone. The lady I spoke with was very nice and explained to me everything. She always kept in touch with me through the years. They were very nice and honest, and they did everything they said. They do a good service and they kept their word.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All was fine with GreenPath. The reps were good. Everything's paid off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of our creditors said to us that GreenPath Debt Solutions was a good place to call. He told us not to call any of the other 800 numbers and that some of them could be very pricey. We were very leery about calling anybody but they ended up being a great call. Initially, I signed up for GreenPath when I was married. We ended up getting divorced and all of the debt ended up being dumped in my lap. If I didn't have them, I would've had to claim bankruptcy myself. It was a struggle but they helped me keep my credit score up and get my payments paid off very quickly.

It was a very good experience overall. Their team was fantastic. Every single time we had any sort of issue at all, they explained it to us in layman's terms and we understood everything that they had to say so it was well done. They kept me very updated and didn't charge an arm and a leg for fees. There was one time when my payment got rejected and they told me "That's one strike," and I said, "All right. Let me fix it."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before joining GreenPath I was out of options. I tried one of the debt things where one just quits paying and it didn't seem to be a good idea I talked to Consumer Credit Counseling and they basically said there was nothing they could do to help. A lady that I work with introduced me to GreenPath. She was on their program and raving about it. At first it was kind of touch and go because we had so much debt and it was overwhelming them a little bit too. But after they came up with a program and we sat and looked at it and figured out how to make it work, the first month, it was hard for us to get started and we thought about dropping it. But we stayed the course and paid off $106,000 debt in less than four years.

They called the creditors and worked out deals with them, and one of them even ended up giving us several thousand dollars back if we paid off earlier. They handled all of that. All we had to do is turn the money over to them and I didn’t have to fool with it. My wife and I feel so much better just not having to worry about all that and we're not going back to it. It's a great program. I just wish more people knew about them. They were always encouraging us and sending emails telling us to stay with it, that we''re doing fine and good job on paying things off. There is no substitute for the peace of mind that we got out of it. They’re a lifesaver.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about GreenPath through one of my creditors. They gave me a number for debt consolidation. It was very smooth in the beginning and then early last year, I was buying a home and they're very cooperative with getting the questions answered from the loan mortgage. They helped me maintain my credit, which is very important to me getting back from hardship. It was, more or less, the bills that I was concerned about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with GreenPath for a year and a half, going through their debt consolidation and I was pleased. Their representatives are all friendly and helpful. Everything is paid off and I'm done with them now. I don't want to be ever in debt again but if I had to, I'd go back to GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about GreenPath through my job. I did their debt management. They call me and make sure that I send my statements and that all payments are being accurately put in. Working with GreenPath lowered my interest rate and cleared up by credit. It was a good program and I'd recommend other people to be on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a search online for debt management and then I found two or three companies. I called some of them, but I ended up choosing GreenPath because after speaking to them, I liked their approach. I had a lot of credit card debt, and I used them to broach my credit card things to set up payment plans and then pay everything off. I would call them on occasion to check up on stuff to see how things are going, and then I would call them to change the debt management things to move money. They were always helpful. Right now I’m almost debt-free, so that’s a big bonus. I would recommend to anyone who’s in the same situation I was in to contact them because they’re friendly and they work with their consumers as far as getting things planned out. I'm able to manage my debt payment things to where it doesn’t overburden me. It was an excellent experience, and if I was in the same position again, I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used GreenPath Debt Solutions through my credit union years ago to get out of debt before that was incurred when I was married. They were good so when I needed assistance recently I thought of them right away and came back the second time. I went through debt management and their reps were knowledgeable, friendly and understood what it's like to be under a lot of debt. It's a great way to get relief from being in debt and it made it easy to know that I paid a weekly or a monthly fee and they took care of the rest. There were credit cards that were willing to work with GreenPath and I'm completely debt-free with those now. However, I'm still struggling with credit cards and companies that don't want to work with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team at GreenPath was awesome. My experience with them has taught me how to handle my bills and manage my finances a little better. My agent was very diligent and worked very closely with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath helped me out of a terrible situation. At first, I sought assistance from my bank but those efforts were unsuccessful. GreenPath called me out of the blue when I needed somebody and when I spoke to their reps, they were always very pleasant and excellent to work with. It was such a relief to be out of debt. GreenPath stepped in and helped me with a situation that HSBC caused, and they were able to resolve it. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our entire experience with GreenPath Debt Solutions was a good one. We got rid of the big bulk of our debt, the ones that can be gotten rid of. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good experience with GreenPath and I'm finished with my credit card debt. Debt consolidation was something that I wasn’t familiar with but they talked me through it. Everything went smoothly. A couple of times when I got in a bind with my monthly fees, they would go and check out everything with my monthly payment and would tell me that instead of paying the whole thing that month, I could give them a certain amount and I'd still be in the clear. They were very helpful doing that type of thing. It was wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath handled my affairs really well. I had to do a lower debt payment and they took care of the rest, paid my creditors and put my mind at ease. They really know what they're doing and they want to work to help people.

When I first started the program, it was CCCS. I was a little skeptical at first because I had never done a debt management program before. As I moved along, it got better and better. When I learned of GreenPath, I was skeptical once again... thinking something was going to get lost or posted incorrectly. Never a problem. Always had great customer service and saw me through until the end! Thanks everyone at GreenPath. I definitely enjoyed the ride!

I think GreenPath saved my life. I was so defeated on so many levels but they made managing my debt (including debts thanks to ex-husband) doable. Don't get me wrong -- it wasn't easy but it was doable. For almost four years I was never late with a payment, and this spring I paid it all off. Cannot adequately express my gratitude!!

I am delighted with the service GreenPath provided to me and they were fantastic during my program. I could not have succeeded without them!

GreenPath Debt Solutions was very professional and knowledgeable. They have provided me with good information and timely support all along the way. Thank you.

I am Mary **'s husband, John. After Mary began to develop her short-term memory loss, I took over the management of her financial affairs. You were most kind and helpful to us and we're very thankful for your help. Many thanks.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Profile