Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars6
  • 3 stars3
  • 2 stars0
  • 1 stars1

GreenPath is a non-profit organization that has been helping people get out of debt since 1961. They offer free debt counseling, holistic debt management, and financial education tools and resources. Their caring, professional advisors are passionate about providing consumers with a plan of action and a sense of relief.

Danette,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience and you are feeling like you can enjoy life again! That is amazing. Congratulations on becoming debt free. Best wishes going forward!

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 24, 2016

About three years ago, I was hysterical with my debt because I paid for my daughter's beauty school and then the interest rate went up on the card that I used. It was $300 a month interest and I was making $200 a month payment, so I couldn't make $500 a month in total. I read about GreenPath in a magazine and I called them. I couldn't stop crying and their guy Maurice calmed me down and told me they were going to get me out of that debt. They helped me from that day forward.

I told them how much I made and they lowered my interest rate that same day. They called the credit card company, got me on a payment plan and it was awesome. All their representatives were the best. Every time I had a question, I got a different one who helped me. Now I'm done and I'm debt-free. This month, I'll be able to see the difference. I'll be $500 a month richer because I paid the debt off last month. I'll be able to enjoy life and I won't be worrying about it. I love GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath helped me out of a terrible situation. At first, I sought assistance from my bank but those efforts were unsuccessful. GreenPath called me out of the blue when I needed somebody and when I spoke to their reps, they were always very pleasant and excellent to work with. It was such a relief to be out of debt. GreenPath stepped in and helped me with a situation that HSBC caused, and they were able to resolve it. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good experience with GreenPath and I'm finished with my credit card debt. Debt consolidation was something that I wasn’t familiar with but they talked me through it. Everything went smoothly. A couple of times when I got in a bind with my monthly fees, they would go and check out everything with my monthly payment and would tell me that instead of paying the whole thing that month, I could give them a certain amount and I'd still be in the clear. They were very helpful doing that type of thing. It was wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath handled my affairs really well. I had to do a lower debt payment and they took care of the rest, paid my creditors and put my mind at ease. They really know what they're doing and they want to work to help people.

When I first started the program, it was CCCS. I was a little skeptical at first because I had never done a debt management program before. As I moved along, it got better and better. When I learned of GreenPath, I was skeptical once again... thinking something was going to get lost or posted incorrectly. Never a problem. Always had great customer service and saw me through until the end! Thanks everyone at GreenPath. I definitely enjoyed the ride!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Debt Solutions?

I think GreenPath saved my life. I was so defeated on so many levels but they made managing my debt (including debts thanks to ex-husband) doable. Don't get me wrong -- it wasn't easy but it was doable. For almost four years I was never late with a payment, and this spring I paid it all off. Cannot adequately express my gratitude!!

I am delighted with the service GreenPath provided to me and they were fantastic during my program. I could not have succeeded without them!

GreenPath Debt Solutions was very professional and knowledgeable. They have provided me with good information and timely support all along the way. Thank you.

I am Mary **'s husband, John. After Mary began to develop her short-term memory loss, I took over the management of her financial affairs. You were most kind and helpful to us and we're very thankful for your help. Many thanks.

Very great experience! GreenPath not only got us out of debt, but taught me how to budget. I would recommend and have told people about GreenPath. Thank you for helping and being there for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in debt having my daughter out and wiring money for her, and this messed my credit card. I got tired of the loaners calling me, worrying me about my debts, and telling me, "When are you gonna pay your loan when you don't catch up with it?" Every time I turned around, this was happening to me. During that time, I also got sick and went to the hospital many times. I have heart troubles and my loaners were worrying me to death. So I went to GreenPath Debt Solutions for them to help me with my debts. It was real good with them. They got me out of debt so quickly. Every last one of them was real friendly to me and willing to help me after all my bad experience with sickness. After my son had seen the way that GreenPath helped me with my debts, he's now with them, too.

I am very satisfied with my experience with Mr. Rudy **. He explained the process and was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Hi Millie,

Thank you for your message. I hope we got everything resolved to your satisfaction earlier this week. We appreciate any and all feedback. If you have any other concerns going forward, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you and have a great day!

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: July 25, 2016

When I first signed up with GreenPath it felt like a dream come true. They were always helpful, had convenient hours for those of us who couldn't get to a phone until later and it was never hard to manage my accounts. This year everything changed. They lose emails, now require two or three phone calls when you are trying to add a new bill to your account, and in the meantime you wind up two or three months behind because you don't realize they lost an email you sent or didn't really set up the account you thought they did the last time you called. I hate the idea of going somewhere else, but it has crossed my mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked GreenPath Debt Solutions real well. They my life easier for me knowing that my debt is all paid off. I was very pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy I worked with GreenPath and have completely paid my debt off. I loved working with Debra, and I appreciate that she was my initial contact person. She was excellent, and a very nice person with a humor. She knew her job and knew how to deal with people. She listened but didn't waste time and was able to take care of business. Because of what she did, I trusted GreenPath, and through it all, the job was done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Working with GreenPath helped me a lot ‘cause I got everything paid off and now my credit is still going up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was referred to GreenPath by Bank of America. Their reps were very friendly, courteous and they weren't pushy. At the beginning, Bank of America actually gave me some misinformation about how things would work out but the GreenPath team clarified things for me and were very helpful in navigating the first debts of the repayment process which I was talking with them for a while regarding credit card debt. I fell behind after I left grad school because I couldn't find a job. Once I found a job, I started repaying and GreenPath helped me as best as they could and made it as seamless as possible. I really felt they were looking out for me. It helped me create a budget and get out of the credit card debt that I was into.

The program was really useful in giving me a road map and target date to be out of debt. It allowed me to not have the stress of having that financial burden and not knowing how I could pay. They negotiated with the creditor companies and I'm not being charged for any interest on some of my frozen debts. There were changes on the interest rate but I don't know if it was done because of GreenPath's involvement or if it was because that's the way that the Bank of America in particular works when you get yourself in trouble.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for submitting your review! I am happy to hear that you found Greenpath to be friendly and helpful overall.

I want to help address your concerns, especially with regards to changes to the minimum amount required to add a debt to the program. I apologize that you felt it was inconvenient to not add the creditors with small balances. Our Debt Management Program aims for a holistic approach. This includes showing you how to handle these smaller accounts on your own, so that you are equipped with the tools you will need moving forward. We want to make sure that once you are finished with the program, you have everything you need to handle these accounts on your own. If you feel that you need further assistance or have any questions please don't hesitate to give me a call.

With regards to providing balances on accounts, we always try to maintain the most up to date balances on our end. In order for us to get the most accurate balances we typically must contact the creditors as the creditors send the statements to our clients. We are always available to help with obtaining a balance when necessary.

I am happy to help address any other concerns or questions you may have.

Thank you again for your review!

Quality Assurance Specialist

Original review: June 22, 2016

For the most part, GReenPath is friendly and they could usually help me when I called them. It was just nice to have one place to call. They are able to lower my interest rates on some things or if they couldn't, they stopped them from adding on extra fees. It was good to get stuff paid off but I was disappointed they changed their program a little bit. They wouldn't accept certain things if it was under a certain amount of money so they couldn't help me with certain things, so, therefore, it was a lot more difficult for me because I was sending them so much money. It's hard for me to find any extra money to pay on those smaller accounts. It also would be really nice for consumers if they would've been able to get balances on accounts as they're being paid down because you had to go through them and then you had to go through your creditors to see where you are on your account balances.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to have surgery last winter and GreenPath really helped me out. They put my payment on hold until I got back to work. It took a lot of stress off of me. And now I have already paid it all off, I have closed my files and I'm doing good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath has helped me to get rid of the bill that I had. Their team was polite, friendly and courteous. I've paid a lot more than the bill was, but GreenPath helped me to be able to make payments. I would tell my friends about it and tell them that would be one way they could try to go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreenPath was very helpful and whenever I had a question, they were there to answer it. They helped me get back on my feet and better understand how to handle certain situations. I started with them in Colorado and they moved me some place else but the transition went very well. I didn't feel like they let me down or lost me in the shuffle. They kept me informed. So, I really did appreciate it. Overall, my experience with them was very good.

Thank you for helping me to become debt free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had called one of my creditors when my husband passed away because I couldn’t pay all the bills after my husband died and they had recommended that I try GreenPath, a debt solution place. Everything went according to the way they said it would, which is what I like because it was a lot more money. The fee was a lot but it's worth it because I couldn’t get the lower interest rates on my own and yet they could. I also like that they would call once in a while to check on me, let me know where I stood and how things were going. I never had a problem and I was really glad that they let me know that it was getting to this point for me to send some receipts so that they can make sure that I was not having any problems. There wasn’t anything about them I did not like.

The highlight of it all would be paying them off a few weeks ago. It took five years but it probably would've taken me 10 without the lower interest and the amount that they took out each month. It's made it easier for me. It's extra money now and they helped me do that. If not, I'd still be struggling with those bigger bills. Everything went really well. I was very pleased and I would definitely use them again if I needed anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In all ignorance, I thought I was co-signing for my son to buy a car but it turned out that my son was actually co-signing for me to buy a car that he was driving. He and his wife separated, and I said, “If I have to make a car payment, that car comes down to Kentucky.” So my credit union agreed to refinance the car loan. But as a provision, I had to do the debt management profile through GreenPath. GreenPath has been wonderful. They took care of everything in a timely manner and they worked with me on everything.

There was around seven or eight accounts that went through GreenPath. I had set up the GreenPath thing to come out on the fourth Thursday of the month, because my Social Security comes in on the fourth Thursday of the month and I wanted to make sure the money was there. Then I realized that Social will come before the fourth Wednesday and there might not be sufficient funds to make the payment. But that happens very rarely, once or twice a year, and when it does, they were very good about not sending out the stuff until there are funds to cover it. And there were a couple of occasions where they let me make the last payment myself rather than having them do it.

When I had gotten one paid off, I wanted the money to go to the one with the next lowest balance because I wanted to see them fall faster, and they agreed to go along with me on that, rather than going to one with the highest interest first. Overall, I was pleased with the service I received from GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was saving with Telcoe and they told me about GreenPath Debt Solutions. I talked to one of the reps of GreenPath who is a clerk. She told me that the company had a program and so I said I might as well take advantage of it. Everyone at GreenPath is fantastic and they're a great group of people. They were able to lower my interest rate and everything’s under control. My life’s 100% better now and I have a lot more freedom to do a lot more things. Since working with GreenPath, I have the urge to keep staying under budget, not to get a bunch of credit cards, and not to go down the road that puts me down that road. So, if anyone has any financial problem, they should definitely try GreenPath.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve managed two debts off with GreenPath. Working with them made things a little easier, less stressful, and hassle-free. They were very nice and cooperative.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having difficulty paying my bills. I went online and looked for somewhere to get help and liked what I read about GreenPath. When I talked to their representatives, they were very nice to me and very reassuring. Any time that I called, they were always very professional, answered my questions, and gave me the help that I needed to know. It definitely had put me more ease knowing that my debt wasn't going to be as much as what it was. With the monthly payments, it was something that I didn't have to worry about and was nice having one consolidated payment to make from GreenPath. I'm very happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had many interactions with the GreenPath team and all had terrific results. GreenPath settled our consumer debt problems brought on by the crash of the economy. They were also able to lower interest rates. With their help, our bills are paid. It was a good experience working with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about GreenPath Debt Solutions from a friend and then I looked it up on the internet. I did debt management with them. Dealing with them has always been positive and they were always willing to help. They took the bills and I paid the monthly charge. My problem was that the interest rates were killing me, but with their help, the balances got paid. I had a good experience with them. GreenPath has gotten me out of debt and helped me out a lot. I would definitely recommend them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All my interactions with GreenPath have been great. Working with them has taught me to be debt-free. The biggest impact is when I go to purchase something, I ask myself is it a want or a need?

GreenPath Debt Solutions Company Profile