4.86/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a non-profit organization that has been helping people get out of debt since 1961. They offer free debt counseling, holistic debt management, and financial education tools and resources. Their caring, professional advisors are passionate about providing consumers with a plan of action and a sense of relief.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

313 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We’re trying to get a house and I was trying to get all my debts paid, so we can get my credit score back up. We chose GreenPath because they were affordable and more polite. The enrollment process was easy. All I had to do is get my bills and my credit report. Plus their reps treated me good. I’ve completed the process now and it made my life better. I would recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

In the beginning, they told me the program was going to be four years and I thought that it was a long time. I was skeptical about any company, not just GreenPath but I liked the fee. It was like $12 dollars and they told me they were going to do it. They not only convinced me, I really liked everything about it. Even if I was a little bit skeptical, I took that risk and now I’m really happy. After everything and I look back, four years wasn’t a long time. Without them, I would probably be still in debt and I don’t know if I would've been able to get out the interest. That’s what they did for me and in four years, I was able to pay all of my debts and I don’t know how they did that. It would have taken longer without them if I didn’t take that risk. Now, I’m just waiting out the 60 days to get my credit card. It takes them 60 days to contact all of my banks in order to get into my debit cards.

They also told me that my account is closed and they paid it off, but I got the bill and it’s still showing 36 dollars. That was my confusion at the end but they did a great job. What I like about them was every time I called, they were available. Most of the people complain that as soon as a company gets business from the client, they were very hard to get on the line but I didn’t have any problem GreenPath. I liked everything about GreenPath and I would suggest and recommend to everybody. Whenever you’re in a situation dealing with credit and having some hardship to pay off, go with GreenPath. You're going to solve all your financial problems.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

A co-worker of mine had dealt with GreenPath in the past and he suggested that I have them help me with trying to straighten out my credit because he was very pleased with their work on helping him. I didn't think that it was legit until he told me, "No, you should try it. It really works." So I went on ahead and set up an account with them as well. It was free being that I was with the credit union. I didn't have to pay as long as I was a customer with the credit union. That was something that the credit union offered.

During the enrollment, they pulled my credit and I told them what creditors I wanted them to help pay off for me with direct deposit. They submitted a proposal to the creditors and see if the creditors would accept it. Once the creditors accepted it, they started taking out a certain amount out of my direct deposit every two weeks to pay the creditors for me. I was in the program for three years because they were only checking out so much to pay - $34 here for this creditor, and $75 here for this creditor, so it wasn't a lot. They worked with me on what I could afford. I still have hospital emergency bills on there and they had told me I can get back with them. However, they said that the max has to be $500 and the hospital bills that I have is under $500, so that's something that I can just set up with the hospital to be put on a payment plan.

Each one whom I came across from GreenPath was very helpful and nice. I've got phone calls at 6:00 or 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening to answer some of my questions that I had, and I didn't have a bad experience. It was actually a good experience with that company. I didn't have any more phone calls from the creditors once the proposal was entered. I had been getting a lot of phone calls and it was agitating me because I take care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer's and dementia. GreenPath worked with the creditors for me so the creditors didn't harass or bother me anymore. I dealt strictly with GreenPath. They did the proposal and the calling. Even though sometimes they needed me to be on the call for a third party, I didn't have a problem with them taking care of the business for me.

I was really impressed with GreenPath and with the program. There was nothing that I didn't like about it. I completed it last month. I have four creditors, and each one was paid off. My credit score has went up tremendously and it really helped me. I would refer them to anyone who's trying to get their credit cleared up. I told a couple of family members already and a couple of friends at work about them. It was a nice experience. And if I needed to go back, if I had more debt - which I don't because they helped me out greatly - I would definitely go back with them in a heartbeat.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

A friend recommended GreenPath and my bank subsidized part of the debt management program. GreenPath does a credit check and they send letters to all of the debt companies to agree to be in this program. Their program made it easy for me to manage my payments. They lowered my monthly payment and I only had to make one payment versus 20 different card payments all at once. The reps always helped me with every concern I had. They always gave me accurate information on exactly how much money I owed. It was kind of a pain that they wanted me to send them monthly statements from all my creditors the first few months, but other than that the program was easy to use. I have paid off all of my credit cards earlier than expected and the program has raised my credit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The rep from GreenPath whom I dealt with was very professional, very kind, and helpful. The enrollment process was smooth and everything went very well. The cost was excellent in terms of the quality of the service I received. I'm complete with my debt, so that's always a relief. They were excellent and I really enjoyed working with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My credit was bad and GreenPath said they could combine my bills and help me pull my credit. At the time, that was the best solution. That was the one that I was introduced through my bank and that's the one I picked. GreenPath combined two of my debts and instead of paying two bills that I couldn't pay at the time, they made it possible for me to pay that off and I didn't have to worry about it being in my credit anymore.

When I got enrolled, they asked me a couple of questions and then they told me to send them paperwork for the two debts that I have that I wanted them to help me with. It was an easy process and the program worked for me. And every time I called, their reps were courteous and were always willing to help. I was in it for four years and just this month, I paid off what I had to pay off and I'm not in at all. I just finished that bill and I'm already done with the program. I have seen the improvement in my credit. It went from bad to okay now. I'm still not where I want to be but it opened doors for me like get my own apartment and get other stuff that I couldn't get before. If you want your credit to improve a little bit better, GreenPath will help you do that.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

GreenPath Services came very highly recommended to me. I wanted to see what they could do for me and they did exactly what I needed. I had some debts like credit card debts in particular and they were able to call the creditors and get my interest down and my payments lowered every month. Sending the money to them and letting them handle it was the best.

They sent me the paperwork, I signed it and I sent it in. Then they called me to confirm everything that was on the paper, told me what I would have to do and the time limit I had every month. They helped me from the beginning and they explained everything. They told me what they would have to do and they would get back to me to see if it was okay with me. I followed them right through and whatever they told me was the truth.

They were all very nice, very kind, very helpful and I didn’t have to ask twice. They knew just exactly what I was talking about and what I needed and then they helped me and that’s why I stayed with them so long. I've been with them for about six years and they took care of everything for me. They worked very good with me on my payment plan and I could have never did it any other way. They did a lot to me. It took a load off my mind so the pressure is off. And thanks to them who did it for me. If my friends need help I would give them the number so they could call GreenPath Services.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Many years ago, GreenPath was offered and suggested through my credit union and I did debt consolidation for my credit card accounts. I talked to a counselor who went through what my debts were. I emailed in copies of all of my outdated bills and they sent a proposal back of how much I would have to pay each month, how long it would take and to find some documents. It was rather painless. It was wonderful working their rep too and whenever I asked them to call me back, it was always done in a timely fashion. They were always helpful and polite too. Plus, they asked questions to make sure that they fully understood what I was asking.

In the beginning, we discussed what I felt comfortable being able to afford and they worked through how much was needed to pay on an item. I had it on automatic deduction so I didn't have to think about it. Then they would call or update me if I paid off something 'cause they wanted to figure out how we wanted to reallocate those funds. They made suggestions on what the quickest or better option was and it worked. The only complication that we ever had was there were items that they would say that they would work with me with but then a company wouldn't agree. That wasn't their fault though. That was due to the policies.

On that statement that we get, it showed each item that we were paying on either how long or what the total balance was, but I would have liked to see an itemized deduction of what I had left on to be able to not have to go through the individual company so as to find out the balances. Other than that, GreenPath is a wonderful company and they're doing a good job of helping people get out of debt. This one was also cheaper compared to what I had done in my youth, which was a paid service. I've actually told people who were in a different credit union that they should definitely check to see if this particular program would be available through their credit union to try to get themselves back on track. Others should definitely do it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My husband was working for the state of Michigan and had to work for 80 hours per pay period but he didn't get paid for 80. On top of that, the gas jumped up to $5 a gallon and he had to drive 65 miles to work so that suddenly put us into a hard situation. A friend suggested Green Path and so we went with them. At that time, my husband didn't want to work any more and had retired which we weren't ready for because we have a mortgage.

The enrollment process was very easy. There was someone there to help me anytime I needed. We started out with Dawn and she was fantastic. Then Amy handled us until they shut the office down and she did a good job. My husband was driving a semi and a long haul. He was gone a long time so a lot of things were done through phone conferences. I went to the office and Green Path would call Greg and we would have a conference together. They told us all what we needed to take in such as how much the debt was and that the collections people couldn't harass us.

We didn't have to pay a fee since we were members of a certain bank. Green Path figured things out like how much money we had, what our basic expenses were and what we needed to do. It was pretty tight at first but as things got paid off, it got better. Green Path gave us a packet which we had to fill out and mail it in. It was to teach us about the product and how to use it. My husband is the primary spender, so he's the one that did the packet and he learned a lot from it. We also had a house fire and my husband got burnt bad and had to have a skin graft surgery. We incurred a lot of bills over that but Green Path helped us and there were some bills in the last two years that we couldn't put on service as Green Path. Michigan changed the rules as the bill had to be over $500. We paid a lot of doctors' bills on top of what Green Path was paying.

But now, Green Path has released us since we only have the mortgage and utilities. It's a really good program and I have recommended them to friends. They helped us work out a budget and get caught up on things we were behind on, and taught us to manage those things. Overall, dealing with Green Path was mostly a big relief as they took a lot of stress off of us.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I wanted to consolidate a few things to get caught up and GreenPath was sending the programs through my credit union. I let them know the outstanding bills that I had to pay and then they told me who accepted the offer that they negotiated and made sure that I got all the original statements with the balance on. I liked how the rep did the follow up making sure that I had everything in. He kept me abreast of where I stood in the program and I felt comfortable working with him. I was there for a specific goal and he laid it out.

The program has worked for me. I've used them twice and I just completed the second time in August. I was able to pay off five creditors. They worked out a reasonable plan that I can pay for a certain amount of months. GreenPath gave me the opportunity to get caught up on some things and to work towards establishing a better credit. I'd recommend GreenPath. I had an efficient and manageable experience with them. They are for anybody who has some outstanding bills and doesn't see an end to it. Companies like GreenPath give you the opportunity to work within your budget. And it might take a couple of years, but at least you're working towards getting them off your slate.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was referred to GreenPath and my initial contact with them was to find out what they could do to help me catch up on my obligations on a credit card balance. I had a bunch of questions which they answered and they made sure that I understood the answer. Their representatives went above and beyond consistently. GreenPath was a nice solution to a serious problem that was causing me some worries. They have been able to close out my accounts and the cost of the program is very equitable. My experience with them was very good. We got things taken care of. I’d be glad to vouch for the quality of the job that they do.

Hi John,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience working with GreenPath and that you would vouch for GreenPath's quality. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had credit concerns and Clark Howard recommended GreenPath. I had read the work, too. The enrollment process was very easy. Their representative was always very helpful through the years. Everything went well and they were able to resolve the issues that I was going through.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm glad to hear that the enrollment process was easy for you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I lost my job. So, I was trying to consolidate things to make it easier to pay off. Everything was smooth during the enrollment process with GreenPath. I had two loans that were consolidated together and when I paid off the first one earlier, I missed the information in my email that I needed to follow up with the company to make sure that there was no money left over. I ended up getting sent to collections for $5 or something so it was a pain to deal with. They got taken care of and that finished up two months ago. The second one was paid off and so now, I'm all done.

There should have been a more direct communication and guidance on how to prevent a minor fee throwing everything for a loop. Other than that, everything was exactly what I expected and GreenPath was easy to work with. Also, the cost has helped me. I was willing to pay the cost to make sure that I wasn’t paying interest and to get a low rate so it was totally worth it. It was great to be able to pay off a large chunk of debt in a short period of time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My son was getting married and I had kind of maxed on some of my lines of credits. GreenPath Services was a referral from Bank of America so we contacted them. I spoke with Patty several times and she was extremely thorough. She took the information, formulated a plan, and went to the credit card companies and made a proposal to them. All but Capital One went along with it. I told Capital One to take the program or they won't get any money at all. I'd had 36 years of not a single late from 1976 to 2009 and I was getting all these crappy calls on Saturday and Sunday. My wife just couldn’t stand the phone calls. We came to a conclusion and we made those payments for 60 months and I just paid everything off, all $72,000, in August to September 1.

GreenPath lowered my stress. We were different people within three months because everybody got into the system and they just took the money out of our checking account around the first or second and made payments to the creditors. Their literature in contract was very fair. Their service is at a reasonable price and everybody was always cheerful in their emails. GreenPath took me out of a loony bin potential just to have a place to live. It brought my life back. Although I had no money, I got rid of all those nonsense calls.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

We had credit card debt and GreenPath worked with our credit union, so there were no extra fees. They have an office not far from our home, and we met with a very knowledgeable young woman who explained the whole thing to us and put us on the debt management program. Their reps were very responsive and equally knowledgeable. When we had questions, they usually they knew the answer and if they didn't, they'd find it then email or call us back.

Also, sometimes we have to skip a payment if we have other financial liabilities in a month and they were really good about it. The representatives had to turn in our statements and we could take a picture of it and send it via email. It's very comfortable working with them and no matter who we talked to, they could look at our account and figure out what was needed and what we needed to do. They were very helpful in setting up a plan, contacting the companies we owed money to, worked out arrangements, sent payments in a timely manner and worked us through the program until completion. They got us debt-free outside of our home and we recommend them all the time.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for recommending others to GreenPath. Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I had a lot of credit card debt that I was feeling drowned by financially. I had never really looked into credit consolidation before but in New York City where I work, I kept finding these city buses and seeing this GreenPath commercial. The ads would come up in front of me and I thought this may be an answer to my prayer and that I should look into this company. I saw online it seemed like a good and reputable company so I took a chance with them because I knew that I needed to do something to keep up with payments as soon as possible.

When I got GreenPath’s credit consolidation and credit card, the enrollment process was fairly straightforward and simple. I gave them crucial information about the accounts such as account numbers and balances. The information was difficult to find and a little time-consuming but I had quite a few credit cards that needed to be consolidated at the time. The program helped me to simplify my life by getting my credit card payments all consolidated into one payment, versus seven or eight other separate payments all throughout the month. They helped me by lowering my interest rate on a lot of them, and there were one or two credit cards where the interest went down significantly. Some interest rates even went down to zero percent, so in the end, it saved me a lot of money in interest payment and late fees.

I spoke to a few different people over the course of the six years that I have been in the program. Everybody was very professional, compassionate and understanding. They had great customer service goals and I felt very comfortable working with the reps. They gathered all the different balances, rolled them into one and then added in the monthly service fee. They would collect payments via direct deposit from my bank account bi-weekly when I get my salary. I didn't have to think about it, call or go online. It would just happen automatically which was good.

I had two or three more credit cards that needed to get enrolled in the payment plans before I finished. So, it added an extra two years to the length of time for me. In order for me to finish within three years, what they did was increase the amount that I was going to pay a little bit more. At this point in time, I'm feeling more confident so I have a better handle on my finances overall and I'm pleased with the end result. My credit score is in the 700 right now, but it took me a long time to get here. I got married and had children, my credit was mounting up and everything went down the drain. Luckily now I'm back in a more solid place. I learned from my mistakes.

GreenPath worked and I would definitely recommend it to friends because it’s a place that will give reliable credit consolidation. You just tell them what level of enrollment you want to have with them. They also offer seminars, classes and online informational tips. I've been on the website and read some of those newsletters and informational tips. I have even recommended it to my grandmother who was having the same situation as I was about a year or two ago. So far, she seems to have a pretty positive experience with them as well. Overall, GreenPath was a very helpful experience and I'm really glad I did it.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for recommending others to GreenPath. Im glad to hear that the Debt Management Program helped you simplify your life. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I lost my job, then I was out of work for eight months. I’m a nurse and a healthcare provider with lots of experience and with an MBA, but I couldn’t find a job. I was in a mess. I couldn’t pay my house note. But I refused to go bankrupt and that was my next option. I was way in debt with my credit cards and I was searching for debt reduction companies. I found GreenPath Financial Wellness and I liked what I saw. They were very easy to work with and had good, counseling-type folk who were very friendly and nonjudgmental. I worked with one person, Katherine, in the beginning. She was extremely confident and very good to work with. But since GreenPath spread their officers, I worked with whoever I could get.

GreenPath communicated and negotiated with the different credit card companies and debtors, and they calculated a certain amount for me to pay each month. They did everything to make it possible for me to afford the payment and get it done. I’ve been paying $1,476 every month for five years and I’ve paid off almost $90,000 of my credit card debt, so I’m completely finished with the program. I’ve pulled myself out of a hole at 62 years old. The cost of the program is minimal and well worth it in relation to the quality of service I received. I like that they send out regular educational pieces which are nice to get. They're constantly keeping in touch and that’s a good thing. I've already recommended GreenPath to a friend.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debts!I am happy to hear that you are pleased with the quality of service you received from GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I was feeling overwhelmed with what I let myself get into so, I wanted to get my debts paid off and breathe free again. Seventh Ave gave me GreenPath's number and they were the first ones that I called. Enrolling was fairly easy. I explained my situation, they accepted me and we went from there. They did all the work, contacted the different companies that I had an account with and settle on a certain amount each month. From my social security, I withdrew or had so much set aside that they would automatically withdraw at the 3rd of the month or whenever their collection was. Then, they would disperse the different amounts to the different companies the best way.

There were moments that some of the months were kind of tight. During this two and a half years, my son has been deemed disabled to work and he's been trying to get social security disability. He's been denied eight times and I've tried to help him out in the best way I can. The housing that we live in has lowered his rent down to $50 a month and I pay that which would stretch my living on social security income. But it worked out well.

GreenPath people were kind, considerate, and left me with a good feeling about what I was doing and we're meeting our goal. Also, I was very comfortable working with their reps. I was very pleased and completely satisfied with them. They were very good to me and that means a lot when you can express something and somebody has feeling and compassion for what you've gone through even though I over did. They gave me peace of mind to know that it would take a little bit but eventually, I would see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had nothing but good service and it gave me relief that I finally got it all paid off.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on paying off your debts! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with everyone you spoke to at GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future, we are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I like GreenPath Financial Wellness. I had lots of credit cards to pay. So I called GreenPath and they answered all my question and I now understand that it is a better way to pay my credit cards. Enrolling for it was easy. The program helped me a lot because it lowered my interest rate and that give me the opportunity that I can pay with the money that I have every month. Every time I called, the representative I talked to has been very nice. They're professional. I am now finished with the program and I have recommended them to some friends. GreenPath can help you to resolve your credit card problems.

Hi Julia,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on finishing the program! I'm glad to hear that the process was easy for you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 26, 2017

My husband and I had been with GreenPath many years ago and when he passed away I incurred too much debt and I wanted to get out. I had no problems with the people I spoke with at GreenPath and everything worked out fine.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that everything worked out fine. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 23, 2017

GreenPath was a great company. I really loved them. My credit card debt was pretty high. We didn't know who to call and a lady gave us GreenPath and said that they could help us a lot better than any other company. She told me that her husband had it and they helped him. So, we called them, and I thought enrolling for it was going to be difficult but it wasn't. They did it over the phone, I gave them all the information and all the people that I owed money to. Then they sent me a copy of everything and I signed it. They set up a budget for us and helped us a great deal. They did everything that they could for me. All I did was check in every once in a while, and when they gave me a call about a certain thing we talked about it.

I’ve had 5 representatives and they were all nice. I was scared and nervous at first but they calmed me down. I felt very comfortable working with them. It took four years to get out of debt but it was worth every penny. My payments come out of the bank automatically. We set it up in a way where they would come in and take the money and then they'd pay off for their service plus paying off the bills and I lived on the rest of it for four years. They were good and every time I call them they were very nice. They paid all my credit cards and got my interest down a lot. They were really good at that. Working with them has taught me how to live out of a budget, save money and forget about credit cards. When you move from one place to another and you're trying to get everything together you use a lot of credit cards and that got us into debt and that will never happen again. I recommend GreenPath all the time to people when they have a problem.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on paying off your debts! We are happy to hear that the process over the phone was easy for you. Thank you for sharing your story. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Somebody told me about GreenPath then I called and I talked to a lady who was very nice and worked with me. They worked with me for three years and we got that totally done even when I had trouble with the initial payment. Also, they worked with me via lower payment and they were emphatic. We're getting out of debt and it's a very fair price. It’s a great program for anybody that needs help and I used to tell people that if they have problems to give them a call.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations. Congratulations on paying off your debt! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I got behind a month on my credit card payments. I was trying to make a partial payment to one of the credit card companies and they gave me the number to GreenPath. It’s a very easy enrollment process with GreenPath. They were all very helpful and nice. They answered all my questions and if I didn’t have a question and they felt there was something that I should know, they informed me of it. The cost was nominal and they made sure I had enough to live on and pay my normal bills. They took a lot of money and paid my credit cards off. I don’t have any credit cards anymore and I know now that I can't get into cards. I cannot handle one and I cannot keep ahead of them because I was making minimum payments every month and that’s where I got in trouble. Customer support contacted me a couple of times to see if I need any help or to inform me that they’re there if I do need help.

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I’ve been in contact with GreenPath for the last 10 years for two rounds of consolidation. The first situation was 10 years ago. I married, got divorced and moved. The last one was this year because I got sick. Even if there was a situation because I got sick, they were able to hold some things a few months out and then they were able to get it back up. You pay a little bit more to take care of it. Their reps are very responsive whether by phone call or email. It was nothing but smooth every time or any time something needed to be changed. The quality of service was excellent. Cost-wise, for what they did, it was worth it and very reasonable. Working with them definitely got me to a better place each time. Now I don't have any debt.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy to hear that everything went smooth for you. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I wanted to get ahead of my payday loans and my bank referred GreenPath to me. The enrollment process was easy and it worked out well. The representative was very informative. He answered questions right away, explained how everything was going to work and he was very thorough. I was on the phone with him the first time for three hours to get everything set up. The payment plan was affordable and if there was an issue where I couldn’t do it, all I had to do was call them and they made arrangements for me to follow it with my next payment. Working with GreenPath has made a big issue into a small one. The experience was simple and easy.

There was an issue I had because they took it out of my check every two weeks. One two-week period, it would come out on the day that we always paid, and then the following two weeks, it always came out the day before. They said it was because they were going by a calendar period and not specific dates. But all I had to do was call them and they refunded me the fees that my bank charged me for it. But there was a couple of times where the money wasn’t there because I hadn't gotten paid yet. They tried to take it out and my bank charged me a fee, but they corrected it very quick as soon as I called. Other than that, it was fine.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I was drowning in at least 12 to 15 different bills each month and I couldn’t get it all straight. I had a bank account through Icon Credit Union and they gave me GreenPath's information. I enrolled in their debt management program and once I submitted all my paperwork for them, they set up an automatic withdrawal from my account for an amount that we both agreed upon to make all my creditors happy. I worked with them for more than five years and they would always email me and let me know if I had paid off a debt. Then they would use that extra money that I was done paying towards another debt that I had to increase the monthly payment.

Everyone at GreenPath was really friendly and helpful. They were always great to get back with me. It was an awesome experience and I never had any complaints. I am done working with GreenPath and the cost was worth it. The biggest part about the debt management program with GreenPath was that they made it so easy for me. I gave them all the information and they made all the calls. All I had to do was provide the money. I’m pretty much debt-free now. I have a student loan, but it’s the only one that I have left so I’m paying them straight out. I would recommend GreenPath to anyone and have recommended them to a couple of my past co-workers. If I need to use them in the future, I definitely would.

Hi Kylie,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad that Icon Credit Union recommended GreenPath to you. We also really appreciate your recommendations to co-workers! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 8, 2017

GreenPath negotiated for a lower interest rate for my credit cards and then provided debt repayment service. I went to their office in our town and they took all of my information in. They were all very helpful and always answered my questions in a pretty straightforward manner. I was very comfortable working with them. They explained the program to me and gave me all the literature that I needed. Their customer support is very good. I also got emails about different tips.

The cost of the service was very reasonable and it was definitely worth it. Had I stayed on the path that I was on, I would have paid way more than the $50 a month and interest charges. There were never any extra charges so everything was paid back through GreenPath pretty efficiently. I was committed to getting out from under the credit card debt and GreenPath helped to make it possible for me. Everything was done in a timely manner and went very smoothly from start to finish. I'm all finished with the program and I have no more credit card debt. I would encourage a friend who would me about GreenPath to get started right away in any way they might be able to or at least to look into it.

Hi Tami,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for the recommendation. Congratulations on being debt free! Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 6, 2017

I sought GreenPath's services on a mortgage issue that I had several years ago. I was trying to make up two payments in one month, and I couldn't catch up on that 1 month. Chase referred me to GreenPath because they said there was some educational programming that I could go through. Chase had a mortgage release program and that was part of the awesome training that I went through. That's how I initially got started with GreenPath.

It was an easy enrollment process. They coordinated and made all the contacts with Chase. If I needed to be on the line, we do a conference call, where I was on the line with Chase and whoever I needed to be with. They were excellent. They charged about $20 a month. I could manage that, which I thought was very reasonable.

I have expanded from just getting the mortgage in line and taken care of. I had some other debts that were in collections, and we moved forward with managing those accounts to make sure that payment arrangements were made. I didn't have to worry about getting any phone calls from debt collection agencies, email notifications, or any kind of legal action.

However, there was one little glitch, but I don't think that it had anything to do with GreenPath. There was one account that was being handled by a law firm that tried to do a garnishment, but they didn't have all the information that GreenPath had. I don't know if GreenPath actually contacted whoever was in that particular unit within that law office. I had an attorney for this issue, and between the law firm and GreenPath, the issue was definitely resolved.

After working with GreenPath, I now know a whole lot more strategies to use in management. I also know what to do, if I needed a loan or a refinance, which was what I was able to do. Because of GreenPath, I was able to do VA refinance in the last couple of months. I couldn't have done that without having someone else to help and make sure that all those other accounts were taken care of. Now my accounts have all been paid off, so I don't have anything in Collections. Basically, I just have a mortgage and a car now. It has worked out really well with GreenPath.

I needed to have somebody else there to jumpstart with me and then follow-through. Now I would get monthly statements every month. If there are any other concerns, I could always call them. They don't have me assigned to just one person, so any of the reps would make very extensive notes when they talk with me. Then, if I were to talk with somebody else later on, they could look at those notes that they have, and they would be up to speed, like if I had talked with the person that I had originally dealt with for that issue. They have all the information right in front of them that they can refer to. I would strongly recommend GreenPath. They actually did a great job for me.

Hi Timothy,

Congratulations on being debt free! Thank you for the strong recommendation of GreenPath. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with our programs. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I wanted to pay off my debt and my son recommended GreenPath. The enrolment was all done over the phone and it was very simple. The reps were very good and very helpful. I call them and ask them about whatever question I had and I got very good answers. What impressed me the most was their friendliness, being down to earth and being understanding. They took a certain amount that I can handle out of my checking account every month and paid my bills. It went very smoothly and the cost was excellent. Now, I have completed the program and my debts were paid. I would recommend GreenPath.

Hi Gayle,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for the recommendation. Congratulations on completing the program and paying off your debt! You should be very proud of yourself. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was with GreenPath for about four years and working with them has been good. I had a bunch of credit card debts which I was never ever late on because I made good money. My work changed to where I wasn't going to be making enough. Before I got myself into trouble, I decided to seek out help. My husband and I did it before with another company so I was familiar with the process.

GreenPath helped me get all my information on all the card and what my debt was. I like to go over whatever I'm due so I can knock out my bill a lot faster. If I owe $1000 on my credit card, I like to pay $500 every month. What was helpful with the type of company like GreenPath is they talk to the creditor to get them to lower the interest rates. That's huge. More of the money that I'm putting towards my bill gets towards my bill. It was an awesome experience and I was very happy. I definitely would recommend GreenPath. And in fact, I have recommended GreenPath to a bunch of my friends because we did so well with not having a credit card.

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for your recommendations to your friends! We are happy to hear that you had an awesome experience with GreenPath. Please let us know if there is any assistance you need with your financial goals in the future! We are here to help.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information