4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

418 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

GreenPath has been a miracle for us. We entered the program 5 years ago and completed it early. It was never a hardship for us and they were always willing to work with us in any way they could to make sure we achieved success. WELL DONE GREENPATH!!!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Clearing my debts and helping me to get my life back on track. I can’t imagine how I could have managed without your help. My thanks go to your wonderful team and the way they work with me and I especially appreciate their help when I had to call and speak to them on the phone they were always friendly and helpful and patience which I appreciate very much. I also have to give thanks to One AZ Credit Union for suggesting that I should call you when they noticed I had a serious problem and my health was declining. So once again many thanks.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was looking at what to do with my debt and because I had that debt, the financial advisor at the bank said that I didn't qualify for a consolidation loan. He told me what I could do and recommended GreenPath Debt Solutions. I went into the whole debt management and reduction service which was fantastic. I spoke to the reps on the phone collecting all the bills and stubs. Then, I went down and spoke to one of their advisors and we set up a plan. I checked once in a while on progress until they provided the website and then, they just looked there and kept an eye on things. When I spoke to the staff, they were always very courteous and helpful.

GreenPath kept my monthly outlay affordable and yet, I've paid off my debt which to me, was worth it. Working with them was positive. It opened up that new hole because it’s all consolidated in one payment. I had more cash for emergencies and things like that available to me which made a difference. I’m still fighting with Citibank because they screwed something up and they're claiming an account isn't paid in full. So, I'll just finish paying that off but otherwise, everything went well with GreenPath. The service that they provided was excellent and I had a very good experience with them. If anybody is in a situation like that, I would recommend that they speak to GreenPath.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We were struggling monthly to meet the minimum payment and I never saw an end in sight that the debt was gonna go away. I went through something here locally through United Way and that company was bought out by GreenPath. So, they have helped me before through a different agency. Once the program was set up, I could choose to log online. Then, I would email them and I usually got a response within a day or two. All the debt that we transferred over to them was gone as of January and it has made life better that I don't have that debt anymore.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

If you are looking for a way to get out of debt and not claim bankruptcy, go with GreenPath. What a lifesaver!!!! Took me 4 years but my divorce bills are paid off. 2 more years and I can retire debt free!!! Thank you. Your program is amazing and your videos and other information on your website are great!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

GreenPath helped me pay 27 yrs worth of debt in 5 years. Most reps were friendly and helpful but not all. The website was easy to use and helped me see my progress. There were a couple missed steps but you have to work with GreenPath to resolve your debt. I am so grateful for their help and couldn't have done it without them and recommend them to anyone with surmountable debt.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Well, I've reached the end of my GreenPath journey, which feels odd, as I feel like I've been paying money towards these debts my entire life (in reality it was about 12 years). My debts were predominantly medical, based around not working after an accident, going through depression and stress, adding up mismanagement of credit cards in my 20s, and pure denial that I needed to deal with the rising bills. I was told about GreenPath through a family friend, and an account was created for me in which I could pay off various bills slowly, and GreenPath would handle the damage; the threatening phone calls, the intimidating reminders in the mail.

As I changed jobs and my salaries grew, so did the amounts I was able to put through GreenPath. Originally $20 here and there, then $40 a week, then $60, then paying whole bills outright. The process is by no means easy; you still need to double check collection letters you get to see amounts (together myself and a GreenPath representative were able to find discrepancies in bills I was receiving in my favor), you need to save everything you get by email or mail for taxes and oversight, and if you overdraw on your account, you get penalized for it.

But the program WORKS. I didn't feel shamed by my debt, I was able to contact GreenPath at any time to ask about certain withdrawals, or how much I still had left to pay, or even if I could pay something outright because I had the extra funds that week. It helped me immensely to see these high numbers going lower and lower each week, and I really love on the new website how you were able to track your goals and see the calendar that showed when you had to pay and when you would receive a fresh statement.

I can grieve and be sad for the foolish choices I made with my money or the predatory cards I signed up for, but that's not GreenPath's fault. They're there to make an already stressful situation easier. I am debt free except for student loans. What that means is I can solely focus on bringing those numbers down, and I have the skill and tools to do it. I can also look back on who I was as a person and how I handled money when I started, and who I am now and how much has changed. I am grateful for this program, and I would recommend it to anyone. There is hope, and you don't need to be ashamed or scared you'll never get out of debt. You will.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was very pleased with Greenpath. I used the autopay and everything was simple from the beginning. Any time I had any questions or an issue, any one I spoke with was kind, courteous and very helpful. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

With the assistance of Greenpath, I have been able to successfully pay off over $33,000 in debt. I am greatly satisfied with your services and highly recommend you. I could not have achieved this goal without you! Your service have changed my life and helped me to learn to budget responsibly

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I want to thank GreenPath for helping me regain my financial freedom. You were always available when I needed questions answered. You were always friendly and nonjudgmental. Your experienced staff worked with me to pay off my bill so that now I don't feel so stressed about my finances.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

With the help of GreenPath I am able to breathe easier because some bills I could never imagine paying off have been paid in full. There are no more threats of garnishment for a missed payment. I feel very relieved and my credit score has even increased!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I appreciate the consistent communication and the monthly reports. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to eliminate debt. First and foremost it is not easy to get out of debt. GreenPath made it less painful through taking the money allotted directly out of my account. And they take in consideration your budget.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I was in a bind and unable to get my credit card bills paid. It was a mess, and I was falling further and further behind. I was at a loss and my credit union referred me to GreenPath. I instantly was excited as they talked over my budget with me instantly. That is how I knew they were serious. I've been with them now for 3 months and my bills are getting paid, and my interest is considerably lower. It pays for the service itself. Recently I was summoned from one of my creditors to go to court and work out a plan. Greenpath was essential in helping me get a settlement and helping me through a very confusing process. They have lifted a HUGE weight off my shoulder and I am able to focus and get my debt paid. This service is so worth it for all the help that is provided. I highly recommend.

Hello Rachel,

Thank you so much for your review! I am sorry that you ended up finding yourself in a difficult situation, but I am happy that we were able to help you out. I know you know this already, but we are always happy to assist you along the way.

We wish you the very best of luck with your program. Reach out to us at any time if you need help!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I did a debt management program with GreenPath to consolidate everything and the enrollment was much smoother and easier than I thought it was gonna be. I did a lot of it live online, going back and forth with somebody. And there was a big relief even from that moment, even knowing that I still had a few years to do it. Just having help and having somebody taking organization of it was a good feeling. After it was set up, there were no problems. And if there were, I would just call and put my PIN number in, and everybody was always top class at helping me. A girl gave an amount for the payment plan but when we first started the program, I was a stay-at-home mom. She said the amount would be too much coming out every month and that we wouldn't be able to do that. So she helped us out. She said she would figure something else out for us.

GreenPath's representatives were very professional, caring and human. There was no judgy kind of tone. We’re just a normal family who lives beyond our means and have a lot of kids. I felt that GreenPath was there to help and everybody was more than helpful to serve my family. I finished the program recently and it’s a pretty good feeling. If those cards had stayed open, we wouldn’t have gotten anywhere. We would have been worse off now. So the service was worth its cost to me a million times over.

Hello Ladonna,

Thank you so much for your glowing recommendation! No matter how many clients we assist, it is always humbling to hear that we were able to be helpful to an individual or a family who was struggling.

Giving our clients a human and compassionate experience is what we strive for, and I cannot tell you how pleased I am to hear that that was what you experienced with us. We will continue to show that same level of service to all of our clients.

Wishing you the very best going forward!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My spouse and I heard good things regarding this company. However, our good experience turned sour after my spouse was degraded, talked down to like a child and insulted by a man named "Tom" who berated my spouse about calling, raised his voice on the phone and had a serious attitude problem. A little bit of compassion and empathy could have been shown to my spouse who suffers from a disability and doesn't always process things like the average person. It shouldn't matter how many times questions are asked so long as each person understands fully and is comfortable. In this case we weren't. We won't be doing business with a company who degrades their potential clients and their spouses. I hope whoever goes through this company avoids this "Tom" like the plague.

Hello,

First, thank you so much for taking the time to explain your concerns. We take these concerns very seriously and work toward every opportunity to help improve our client experience.

This is definitely not the experience we want for our clients - we apologize for how you have been left feeling. Something we spend much time on in our Training and Quality process is providing empathy and understanding to our clients.

I was surprised to receive this type of feedback on any of our counselors as this is not typical feedback - and particularly for this counselor. Upon taking the time to listen to this call, it seems there was confusion regarding the process of beginning the program and there were multiple contacts back and forth. While our counselor was trying to explain the logic of what was happening so he could help understand and convey the confusion - it seems to have come across in a way he had not intended - I did hear that he apologized and let you know that you were correct, that you should not have felt the way you did.

Please do know we take the time to review and coach all staff in order to be sure our clients have positive experiences. We appreciate your telling us of your concern so we can do that here.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further concerns.

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

When I needed to consolidate some debts, I saw that GreenPath had good reviews. Enrolling with them went well, I've all had pleasant interactions with their reps and they worked with me on the payments. GreenPath provided good, quality service and now, I'm debt-free.

Hello Sam,

CONGRATULATIONS on being debt free! I'm so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us here at GreenPath. It is our pleasure to be able to assist our clients on their journeys to become debt-free.

We wish you the very best going forward!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

GreenPath consolidated a couple of my credit cards and they've been paying them off, apparently. My balances on my credit cards have gone up from $500 to 726. Their representatives send you on a rabbit chase through their phones. And then they pretend they can't understand you. The lines are terrible, and I've not been able to talk to anyone about this problem. They have never contacted me. I thought I got a great plan, but I'm gonna switch it over because they've not been sticking to it. I hate them and I think they suck.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share concerns with us. We do appreciate all feedback so we can learn and better help our clients as well as provide the best care possible.

I'd like to congratulate you on paying off your debt! Per reviewing your file, it appears all of your debt was paid through the program! What an awesome accomplishment! I do see there was some confusion with one debt in the program as there may have been a creditor change, but I do not see a situation in which your debt in the program increased - only that it had been paid in full.

We would love to discuss this and help you figure it out. Please contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks so much,

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was not able to meet the minimum payments on my credit card and medical debts. The university I am going to recommended contacting GreenPath Financial Wellness to try to help with managing debt. I started with about 33,000 in debt and over the course from 2014 till this past month, I was able to pay off all of that amount with GreenPath's help. When I lost my job a few years ago, they were able to adjust the amount they were taking - from 950 a month to 750 - to accommodate that change in employment so that was really helpful. The cost was affordable and I would not have been able to get out from all of the debt without their help. Now I'm debt-free. I recommend Greenpath to everybody who I hear is struggling with debt. They're a much valuable service and more reliable than a lot of the other people who trick you into getting consolidation like debt consolidators.

Hello Erin,

Congratulations on paying your debt off! I am so pleased that we were able to help you along that process. Thank you so much for recommending our services to others struggling with debt.

We truly appreciate your words and would like to wish you the very best going forward.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I was in debt and I had a few credit cards that were a little bit high that I wanted to consolidate. I looked online and found GreenPath. When I gave them a call, they seemed willing to help so, I went with them. The reps were very helpful and the interaction was good. We started out with credit therapy and then, the guy we talked to told us about the consolidation. He helped us set it up and it was simple. He told us how much we would pay a month which was 225. It didn’t seem too bad compared to what I was paying with the credit cards monthly. We paid off the consolidation and we're done with it. So, cost-wise, it was good. It saved us money and they also lowered the interest on our credit cards.

Hello Diane,

WAY TO GO on completing your Debt Management Program and paying off your debts! Congratulations on the work and commitment it takes to be debt-free and work toward financial wellness.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GreenPath. We are inspired by our clients and are so pleased to hear about how we have been part of their success.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I've been with this company for a little over 4 years, with the initial payoff target of Oct. 2019. Have to say they work with me, and I'm on road to payoff by Feb. 2019. Once you are on the program, and they have everything completed with the companies you have on the program, everything does go really smooth. Several occasions when I had a company paid off, they allocated the funds to pay off someone else. I've done some basic calculations and found out that I would save money and shorten my time if the funds was re-allocated to another company, so I called and asked them to start sending the surplus to another company. They accommodated my request.

Once your surplus exceeds half your payment, and if you get into a bind where you may need additional money, it is easier for you to skip a bi-weekly payment, or even reduce the payment (I tried to not do that, but there was several times I had to). But even though I did this, I'm still on target to have everyone paid off 8 months earlier. :-)

Hey Randy!

Congratulations to you as you get closer to your payoff date! It takes a lot of work, commitment, and some tough decisions to pay off debt and find the path to financial wellness. It is genuinely inspiring to watch our clients get there! I would like to highlight how awesome it is that you are such a strong partner in the Debt Management Program and look for ways to best handle situations and ask for what you need. This allows us to accommodate and help even more. Thank YOU!

Thank you so much for sharing your story and experience. We are so thrilled to hear the program is working well for you and you are happy with your experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We used GreenPath years ago when my husband first went overseas. We were building a house and GreenPath helped us to get it squared away. It went phenomenally. This time, it was harder to get it squared away with them. My husband came back from being overseas and our pay was reduced by $50,000. GreenPath provided their service where they took whatever debt we asked them to and consolidated it into two affordable monthly payments. They took money every other week out of our checks to help pay for it. It was a little bit confusing in the beginning. It took them a while to get it squared away 'cause one of the credit cards was supposed to be done through GreenPath and there was a mix-up between GreenPath and one of the credit cards. So, for three months, we had to deal with that. But eventually, it got solved.

The reps were nice and helpful. Also, the payment plan was reasonable. When my husband came home, it was a last minute decision. We hadn't squared away our finances before he decided he was done. So, the payment plan was helpful in the sense that it made us able to live on my husband's income in the states. For what we paid for and for that being their expertise, we should not have had months of trying to get that one bill paid 'cause we kept getting late fees added on to that and we were not paying those because GreenPath has the bill and they were supposed to be paying them. For people that are brand new to GreenPath, it can be incredibly overwhelming with those kinds of mistakes. And once that got squared away, it was fine.

Hello Denise,

Thank you so much for your review and a HUGE congratulations to you for paying off your debts!

I am sorry that it took a little bit of extra time to get one of your proposals accepted. We do our very best to avoid situations like that, but sometimes creditors require additional information from or steps to be taken by clients before accepting proposals.

Even so, I am sorry that this caused additional stress to you. I am glad that we were able to get things figured out and your program went smoothly from there.

Thank you again for your words and we wish you the very best going forward!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had a lot of credit card debt and the interest was getting overwhelming. GreenPath seemed like a pretty good debt management program. Every time I deal with them, they're pleasant, very helpful, and they really explained things clearly. With their program, it lowered my interest rates quite a bit and it consolidated into some predictable monthly payments. It also gave me the option to pay it off should I have the funds available, which I eventually did, as opposed to other alternatives such as consolidation loans.

I have paid the program off. It was cheaper than just continuing to pay off my credit cards on my own with the higher interests rates that would have been charged to me dealing directly to credit card companies. GreenPath is a good organization. They're not out to make money but to provide a service. I would recommend them to other people in similar circumstances.

Hi Garry!

CONGRATULATIONS to you for completing your Debt Management Program and being debt-free! How amazing! GreenPath loves to be part of our client's success on their path to financial wellness. The tenacity and hard work of our clients is so inspiring!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and experience with GreenPath. It means so much to us that you were pleased and it was a positive experience for you. You are why we do what we do.

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I did debt consolidation through GreenPath and it was very helpful. They negotiated with the credit card company about the principal and the interest rate on my debts, and the interest was lowered. They came up with the number of years that I would be paying off and the monthly payments that I needed to pay. The majority of my payment went towards the principal, so that made it easier for me to pay off my debts.

Throughout the program, the GreenPath staff was extremely helpful and courteous, so I'm happy and satisfied with the service. I worked with several people over the years, but I had very minimal contact with them because their customer service through email was very efficient. But I realized that they charged $15 per credit card that I was paying off through them. It was minimal considering the high interest rate that I used to pay, but at the same time I had enough savings that I didn't have to use their service. So, I paid off all my credit card debts and let go of GreenPath. Nevertheless, I appreciate the option that I had through GreenPath and I hope that people will continue to use their service. Anyone suffering from high interest credit card debt should check them out.

Hello Ho-Soon,

Congratulations to you on paying off your debt! Changing and moving toward financial wellness is not always easy work and your dedication is inspiring. WAY TO GO!

As you had mentioned, there are often fees for a Debt Management Program (these vary per state regulations) and the amount of savings in interest and payment often well-exceeds the fee. It does save more money to pay it off early, though - we are always pleased when our clients have the ability to do this. How amazing you had SAVINGS to pay the rest of the debt. Savings is such a major part of a healthy budget and overall financial wellness. How fantastic!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. GreenPath is so excited to be part of helping our clients achieve financial wellness and we are so happy it was a positive experience for you.

Thanks so much!

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had too much credit card debt so I called GreenPath and they seemed to be helpful. They were able to get me a good program, did settlements on the card and negotiated the interest down. They took a lump sum out of my account every month and used it to pay off the credit card. It was hard for me to get that amount every month but I was able to do it. I just paid the program off and working with them has really helped me to be less stressed out. Their staff was nice and the cost of their service was very much worth it. If anyone's having trouble with their budget and paying things off, they should try GreenPath.

Hi Carol!

CONGRATULATIONS on completing your Debt Management Program and doing the work it takes to commit to your financial wellness. This is not easy and your dedication is inspiring. Sincerely.

As you said, the Debt Management Program is designed to help pay your debt balances completely in full by sending a payment each month that is negotiated with the creditor (who then will often offer concessions to reduce interest rates and/or waive fees). This often saves so much in interest and how much you pay in the long run!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GreenPath. We are so happy you had a positive experience with us. To hear that you felt less-stressed is the reason we do what we do - everyone deserves and has the right to financial education and financial wellness. We are so pleased you found it.

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I was going into big surgeries and expecting serious medical bills. I had significant debts that I wanted to manage before I started getting all those bills. GreenPath was recommended by a friend and I'm very happy because their program worked perfectly. It was structured for me and it was great. They did intake and negotiated with the banks. They got a decent APR. I was paying them and they were paying the banks. I called them several times with some questions and they were always good and responsive. They were very informative and knew what they were doing. They were very good in explaining that my credit score might go down, but then it will go up. At this point, I'm done with the program and I've paid off my debts through them. It's a great service that GreenPath provides and I'm lucky I got into their circle.

Hi Maria!

Wow - how impressive that you took action based on anticipated expenses! That is a great budgeting tool - to prepare for what is ahead. CONGRATULATIONS on completing the Debt Management Plan and paying off your debt! This takes a lot of work and dedication and GreenPath is so happy to have been here to help you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. GreenPath is very motivated by our clients and helping them achieve financial wellness. It helps us to always know where we are doing well and where we have opportunity to grow for the betterment of our clients.

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

GreenPath helped me with the consolidation of my credit card debt. They were friendly and very helpful and the cost of their program was very reasonable. Now, I've paid off all of my debt off. Overall, GreenPath's a great company.

Hi Teresa!

Before I say anything else, let me APPLAUD your hard work and dedication in completing a Debt Management Program and improving your financial wellness. We are so grateful for the opportunity to help you with this and so inspired by what you have achieved.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GreenPath. We are so amazingly happy to know it went well for you and you had a pleasant experience with our staff.

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had too many credit card debts all at once, and GreenPath Financial Wellness was able to lower the general debt per month. I was done with them after about two years. They were helpful and their customer service was great. They were very easy to deal with and everything was positive. The cost was okay too because it did fulfill the need. It worked pretty good for the time being, and then when my debts got really small, and I only had one card, I paid everything off GreenPath.

Dear Curtis,

I am so glad we were able to help ease the process of debt repayment for you. It can be so difficult to manage multiple payments. It is our goal to give our clients an easy, straightforward experience.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you well in the future!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I did a big job change which took a big pay cut. So, I had a lot of high credit cards and I was paying them all on time but I was paying the minimum payments and the interest was adding up. I had at least 24,000 just in credit cards and I didn’t want my credit to get completely racked. At that point, I needed to think of a way to get them paid off and I thought that consolidation would be the best thing to do. When I spoke to my banker at Bank of America, he suggested to call GreenPath, so I did.

Everyone that I spoke with or dealt with at GreenPath was awesome. The rep that signed me up was absolutely amazing. I called several times as well because I wanted to put extra money on my account and they made everything so easy. And all my bills got paid. They called the credit card companies and negotiated an interest rate. Then based on what my salary was, I would pay GreenPath so they could pay the credit cards off for me. Also, I recently relocated out-of-state and I was worried that my credit was destroyed. But I didn’t need extra deposits for anything and my credit score’s still standing in good terms.

Aside from that, I was mostly impressed with the communication that GreenPath have with their clients. Any time that they would communicate that they paid off something, they would also tell you that you need to call your creditor and double check. They would send you a text message as well if you signed up for that and they would send you an email. You could log-in to your portal, too, if you wanted and they would give you all the tools that you needed. So everything that they did was consistent across the board.

Other than that, I was never tracked back. I owed 4,000 in one card and I ended up paying it all off. Even when I did that, they told me that I still got three left and that they would call and see what the final rate was. Then someone else called me back and told me my final payment. They were transparent through the whole process and I was not left in the dark. I would recommend GreenPath to anybody. I would tell them that from what I experienced, they were easy to work with and I was never stressed out.

Dear Stefanie,

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I am extremely pleased to read about your experience with us. Consistent communication and transparency are very important to us, so I am so happy to hear that you experienced these things with us.

We are honored to have been able to help you through your program. Thank you for being our client!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I wanted to get on track financially and pay some bills off. And the enrollment process with GreenPath took about 40 minutes. It was a phone call and I told them what my income was, what my bills were and what I spend on different things. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions and were very efficient. But when you call them, you can never get in contact with anybody. They always have to call back. It would be good if when you call, you’re on hold for a minute or two then you get someone versus waiting for a callback.

Other than that, it was fine. When I called, everyone could help me. I didn’t have to wait for one specific person. Everyone knew the answers. They took their time and found out what the problem was or addressed my concerns. In the end, all my bills were paid off and they actually gave me money so it was great. I would recommend GreenPath for people who are trying to get on track and don’t wanna have to constantly pay several different bills. It’s like GreenPath withdrew it and made sure the bills are paid.

Hi Danetta!

First, a HUGE congratulations to you for paying off your debt! It takes work, patience, and dedication to reach financial goals and you are to be applauded!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. At GreenPath we are so motivated by the success stories of our clients! We also appreciate hearing about experiences that could be better. This provides us the opportunity to determine ways we can work to provide a better client experience.

You had mentioned when you called in for maintenance, you did not mind talking with different people because they all helped? So that is GREAT! I am so pleased to hear that. We have designed our Client Success Team to help immediately so Clients do not have to wait as long on hold and get answers from anyone! I am so glad to hear you had a good experience with that. You are accurate about getting hold of an Expert - it can be difficult to get a hold of an Expert again and they often do have to call back. Most of the Expert's day is dedicated to completing educational sessions with our clients and to being sure they are truly meeting their Client's needs. Often, if someone is calling for an Expert, they may be in a session and might need to call the client back. I do know waiting for a callback is not always easy, especially if we are on the run and have things to do in our busy life! As the Quality Manager, I am always looking for ways to improve the client experience and I am considering this feedback while determining if there are ways to improve our services.

Please let me know of your ideas! Again, thank you so much!

Quality Assurance Manager

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

There was a thing that I signed up to and it signed me up for GreenPath. I had to set up a payment plan and take money out of my account. Everything was outstanding. The representative helped me with everything. He explained everything to me good, on how long everything is supposed to take, when the pay off process was gonna be.

I was trying to get my debt cleaned up and sort of budgeting and working with them made a lot of impact on my life. I don’t have to worry about having defaults on my credit or collections on my credit. It was good. They’re good financial-wise, and with helping you in getting your credits straight, and help you get better finances.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review, and thank you for letting us help you on the road to being debt-free! I am happy that you had a good experience with us and that you had a positive takeaway.

We wish you the very best in the future!

GreenPath Financial Wellness expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Established in 1961 as Michigan Credit Union League, GreenPath debt solutions has grown into a full nonprofit financial services organization. The company has offices across the country and helps more than 200,000 people annually.

• Recognition and certification: GreenPath was one of the first agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide bankruptcy counseling and education services. GreenPath’s accreditations include the Council on Accreditation (COA), National Foundation for Credit counseling (NFCC) and The U.S, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

• Free counseling: The company offers free credit and debt counseling along with financial education. Their other services are available for low and transparent fees.

• In-person help: GreenPath has offices in all 50 states to help clients who prefer to seek help in-person.

• Services: GreenPath helps with credit counseling, debt management, housing issues, student loan debt, credit report problems, reverse mortgages and bankruptcy. Their extensive GreenPath University provides financial education and includes financial calculators, eLearning, videos and webinars.

• Credit report support: They have specialists to help clients review their credit report and improve their credit score.

• Bankruptcy: The company is approved by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide counseling needed to file Chapters 7 or 13 bankruptcy.

• Best for: individuals with, credit card, student loan debt, credit report problems and bankruptcy.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg