4.8/5 (69 ratings)
Call Center Open

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I started with GreenPath in 2020. It was a lot easier and I liked it because it got my monthly payments down, got everything locked in, and got my creditors off my back. It took me a while to complete the plrogram. I was supposed to be paid off next year but we sold part of our property so I just paid it off early.

Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations on paying off your debts faster, we know it can feel like forever, but you did it earlier than scheduled! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

GreenPath was wonderful, and I wish I knew about it a long time ago. The people, the service that I get from it and the explanation of what we're doing made it good. It was easy to walk through, and now, I’m out of debt. The timeframe was not something that I was worried about, and GreenPath didn't push me. There was a goal that was set. "That's what we're gonna do. And this is how much that we need to put down." There were times when they told me if something came up, I could always inform them so we could figure out a different way. If I skip one payment, I could make up for it.

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear everything worked well from beginning to end. We know there will be financial bumps along the way and we do our very best to provide options for clients based on their program and creditor expectations.

Linda Murphy

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Signing up with them was quick and easy. Next thing you know, we were set up but we kind of turned the other way. Then a couple of years later, we'd get an email once in a while, saying where we were. We finally got a letter last month to say we were paid in full. It was a good chunk.

Hi Francine,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. I am happy to hear signing up was quick and easy. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: July 26, 2022

The people that I talked to from GreenPath were really helpful and I ended up going with them right off the bat. I had a credit card that I was swimming in and they helped me get the interest charges almost down to zero. That way, what I was paying towards it was going towards the principal. We went over my income and the distribution of my income, which wasn't a lot at the time. They gave me advice on budgeting in addition to helping me set up the repayment as well. I don't think I would have that card paid off now if I hadn't done the program. I would fully recommend others to seek out GreenPath if that was a need that they had.

Hi Ashlie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and recommending us to others. We are so happy to hear the program worked well for you and you were able to become debt free, what an amazing accomplishment!

Linda Murphy

Original review: July 2, 2022

The signup process was a bit difficult because of the creditors not getting back to GreenPath or responding in a prompt manner. But GreenPath helped me pay out my cards and worked with me when I couldn't make a deposit or needed to make the payment lower for the month. Their customer service was great. I always used the chat, and someone was always available. They got whatever I needed handled quickly.

Hi Danielle,

We certainly acknowledge it can take a bit to hear back from some creditors and that can be frustrating. We do our very best to try and get responses as quickly as possible. We are happy to hear our customer service was great and we were able to help you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 22, 2022

I went through a debt management program with GreenPath, where they consolidated everything for me. It was a simple one payment and an end date. That always helped. They made it easy and were very helpful. I would recommend them.

Hi Ashley,

We are so happy to hear you found us helpful and you'd recommend us to others. You put the plan together and you did all the hard work! Wishing you all the best!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: June 21, 2022

The reps I worked with at GreenPath were very knowledgeable and they gave me all of the information that I was needing. The website was very difficult to navigate but outside of that, I didn't have any problems. They took my credit score from the 600s to a 769, so I was very comfortable. I've paid off the last debt and I'm cash poor but I feel good about it. It lifted off a lot of weight on my shoulders.

Hi Ebone,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are happy to hear that overall we met your needs. We want our technology to be intuitive and make your life easier - and it sounds like we missed the mark. If you would be willing to respond and let us know what parts of our website were difficult to navigate, we would love to get more feedback.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 20, 2022

GreenPath was my banker. I had several reps and they were concerned, helpful, and always there for me no matter what the problem I had. They taught me a lot, and my debt with them is paid in full. I did auto pay, and I had them take money right out of my checking account weekly. Now, I'm debt-free.

Hi Sarah!

Wonderful, we are so glad to hear our staff were there for you no matter what problem you had. We know it is not easy sticking to a budget and navigating debt repayment. You did all the hard work and we supported you. Congratulations and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 19, 2022

GreenPath has done a great job since I've been with them. They were friendly and helpful.

HI Aleata,

Wonderful - we are so happy you have liked our services. We know dealing with debt is not easy and we always want to be friendly and helpful. I will pass your positive feedback along.

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 18, 2022

GreenPath was great to work with. They made things a little bit easier. They always answered our questions. If we had any issues, they would help us. They were very responsive.

Hi Jill,

We love hearing we were able to make things easier and answer your questions. We know dealing with debt is not an easy task and you did it! Congratulations!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 17, 2022

GreenPath was great. Anytime I had an issue, even just chatting with them on my computer, they were helpful. I never had to wait. I would recommend them to other people who need help with debt consolidation. I was happy with the whole thing.

Hi Samantha!

Thank you for leaving a review and willing to refer others to us who may need help. We are here to help clients understand their financial options and understand how overwhelming it is for so many.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 14, 2022

My husband passed away and I'm a widow now, so I tried to lower my payments for my car. The credit union, Blackhawk Credit Union, referred me to GreenPath, and with everything going on with the prices, I reached out for help. GreenPath was really good, and I enjoyed the program. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give their customer service over the phone a 10. They always answered my questions and their math was the same as mine. "When am I done paying for this car?" "Oh, ma'am, you probably need to call the credit union." "Oh, come on now, I'm dealing with you guys." They really helped me out. I stuck to my budget, didn't miss payments on it, and right away on my last payment, a clear title was out in the mail.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with us. Your loss of your husband is devastating and while grieving your loss, the financial impact quickly unfolds. We are so happy to hear the credit union referred you and everything worked out. We know it was not easy and you stuck with the program one day at at time.

Please accept our condolences and we wish you all the best.

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 3, 2022

I paid off everything before it was scheduled to end. It was for four years that I was supposed to be in the program but I completed it in three years. It was a good experience. Being able to consolidate everything and worry about just one payment was very helpful. I got email follow-ups and everything was very well informed. I would definitely recommend GreenPath to somebody that needed it.

Hi Margarita,

Thank you for leaving a review of us! We are so happy to hear you were able to reduce your time to become debt free! We know it is not easy. You accomplished a lot during your time with us and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 1, 2022

Everything was pretty good. They were very friendly. The enrollment process was very easy. They did the best they can. Whatever I wanted to pay, there was no pressure or struggle. It was awesome. I hope I never need to use it again, but if I know anybody, GreenPath is the first one I will totally recommend because they're amazing. It works pretty good. I love the program.

Hi Marcio,

Thank you for considering referring us to others! So often people don't know where to turn and we always want to be a resource to help clients understand their financial options.

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 25, 2022

Initial contract with James ** was excellent. I needed a letter for a reverse mortgage. My credit is perfect and it went through without a hitch. However since then I have been inundated with phone calls and emails to improve my credit. I have made numerous attempts to stop these to no avail. Today I called again and was treated rudely by an agent who demanded a passcode. I explained that I have cancer and I don't recall code and there must be another way. I offered name, phone, address, social to no avail. He hung up om me! I phoned again and held for 19 minutes. Reached Cathy who quickly resolved issue with my phone #. Previous agent needs to be educated and reprimanded. Highly competitive business but they won't get any more of mine or anyone I know. Once they get your $, which is more than any other company, good customer service vanishes.

Hi Courtney,

I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge your disappointment with James and the call will be reviewed. I see that GreenPath placed the required follow-ups with you and I do not see that GreenPath called or emailed about improving credit. Your service was specifically related to obtaining a reverse mortgage. As you requested on 5/25, your telephone number has been removed.

Wishing you all the best with your reverse mortgage.

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 22, 2022

Initially, GreenPath did a good job trying to get the program set up. But through COVID, it was kind of a nightmare. There was zero help. There was no leeway. It was a tough program to stay true to during loss of jobs and not having what I needed in order to make sure that payment was still being made. If I had a change in job, I had to scrounge to get money from somewhere else in order to make sure the payment was done on time, otherwise, I would have been delinquent on the program. They could have people put 1% into a side account for when it's more of an emergency.

I didn't miss a single payment but even when I completed the program, they tried to charge me an extra $30 at the end and made the last payment an incorrect amount, which was tacky after paying off $21,000 in five years. They also did not reach out very often. But I'm very appreciative that they helped me get the debt paid off. I'm glad that they were there to help drop the interest rates down and were trusted by those companies to make it something that was achievable.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing your frustrations. We understand it was difficult for so many during the pandemic. Please be assured that we reached out to creditors to see what hardships they were able to offer for clients on a DMP. Unfortunately we cannot make/require a creditor to change their policies. If a client needed to cancel/postpone payments, we always honored that request. With regards to putting money in a side account, we are unable to act as a savings account. If money is deposited to us, states have requirements of how quickly we have to send that money to a creditor.

We tried to do everything we could to support our clients during the pandemic and I am sorry it did not feel that way for you.

Compliance Department

Original review: May 21, 2022

The reps were super nice and very informative. Every time I called them for certain things, they were super flexible and understanding, making different payments here, a little less here, a little more there. Their service was second to none. They helped us a long the way. Each month, they had a set payment, and everything went out. It started to get chopped down every year and I just became debt-free last month.

Hi Scott,

We are excited to hear we were able to provide everything you needed during your program with us! We want to be as flexible as possible and keep your program going smoothly. Congratulations, you did it!

We wish you all the best.

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 20, 2022

GreenPath seemed not just a business to help manage but also walk us through everything. They were pleasant and knowledgeable. They gave us some moral support to know we can do this and kept us accountable. They charted out a plan that would help concisely pay down all our debts within a certain period of time. Thanks to my husband's good accounting, he brought the program down from five years to two years.

Hi Smitha,

Wow, very impressive. We are so happy to hear that you and your husband were able to re-evaluate all of your finances and get out of debt even faster than planned. We put together the plan and you both did all the hard work. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 19, 2022

GreenPath was very good to me. They helped me out a lot and the program worked fine for me. Then I got a VA loan and they paid off all the bills that GreenPath was paying on. If others were in trouble with their creditors, I would tell them to give GreenPath a call.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and referring others to us if given the opportunity. We are happy to hear that everything worked out well for you. We wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 12, 2022

GreenPath made the process pretty easy. I got a call from a gentleman and we did a little interview. We went over how much I had, what my goals were, and developed a plan from there. I was in the program for 48 months. The payments were affordable and the gentleman who helped me out was good. Also, any time I need anything else, I would do the online chat and everything would be taken care of that way. Instead of making the final payment, I just paid off Chase itself and they were able to help me close out the program that way. The online system was very helpful.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear that everything worked well for you from beginning to end! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 3, 2022

Greenpath's service has been good. I signed up and the process was fine. I’m still paying some of the credit cards, but the program worked for me.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - you did a great job with your program while with us. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 26, 2022

They took care of the hard work. I just gave the money I needed to give them and they took care of the rest. I had to call customer service a few times whether it was to change my payment plan or hold off on the payments. They did a fine job. Even after I finished the program, my credit score has consistently gone up. I'm thinking of the lessons that I've learned and try to apply them going forward, and continue to still stay debt-free as long as I can.

Hi Shane,

We are so happy to hear that the program worked so well for you! We put the plan together and you did it! We know it is not easy and you accomplished a lot during your time with us.

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 21, 2022

They were always informative. If I had a question, I was able to call. During the COVID, it's been a little harder to get ahold of people like anywhere else. But the program worked for me because I was able to get my interest-bearing account into a non-interest principal-only-bearing account. I also paid off the entire balance four weeks ago.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We agree with the wait times during COVID and care very much about giving all clients excellent customer service.

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 20, 2022

I was about to drown in finances, so I went to a lawyer and filed bankruptcy. We just bought a house, and she said that she could do it, but most likely, I would lose my house. I said, "Well, that ain't gonna happen," so she recommended something else. She said, "I can't recommend a specific one, but I'll give you a choice," and GreenPath was one of the choices. I checked them out online and checked reviews, and everything was favorable towards them more so than others. I contacted them, and I liked how they contact the credit agencies and got lower interest rates. Their fee is not very much as well.

Enrollment was really simple, and they were good communicators. I talked to several reps and they were very friendly and went out of the way to help us out. I'm getting ready to pay my debt off, and one rep put me on hold while she checked with the credit card company to make sure that we paid the correct amount off, so we wouldn't have any discrepancies. She also kept checking back on me to make sure I was all right.

Hi James,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear you found a financial option that worked well for you. You accomplished a lot during your time with us!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 19, 2022

Anytime I've been on the phone with Greenpath, it's always been professional and they've always gotten done what I had needed from them at that time. I would occasionally call in. If I had a change that I needed to make, or if I was trying to pay down anything faster, they walk me through what the options are, lay out that path and make sure that everything was clear and understood on my end on what those kind of changes would be.

Greenpath has been pretty good, because they were able to negotiate down the interest rates for me to reduce the amount. Also, with their payment plan, they were able to get it to line up with the frequency of how we got paid, so we were able to do it on a schedule that was very consistent and predictable. They got us on track to pay down our debt. I was also able to accelerate the timeframe and hit that budget back from just debt to other things that we were looking forward to spend our budget on, to have more financial freedom.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear that everything worked well for you and our staff were helpful when contacting us. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 18, 2022

The application process went well. It was relatively easy and it was just a couple of days, if that. Their time to answer the phone was ridiculous though. They're obviously short-staffed and we'd be on hold forever, but whenever we finally got through, they were helpful and good. One other thing that bugged me about GreenPath was my scheduled day for them to take the money from our bank account was the 23rd, but they always took it out three or four days later. I found that to be a pain. With people who are struggling with making sure their bill's paid and everything's tight, they should take it out that first day. That's when the money's there.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for leaving a detailed review. We understand the telephone wait times have been longer than we would like our clients to receive. We are doing everything we can to meet our client needs.

With regards to the deposits, I verified we were pulling the money on the correct date, it does take approximately 4 business days for the money to clear all financial institutions and then transfer into a clients DMP account. Unfortunately we are not able to change that "delay" so to speak and we recognize it can be frustrating.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 2, 2022

The enrolment process was easy and simple. Customer service told me everything. They let me know what my take would be and how long it was going to take for everything to be consolidated. They broke it down to all the debt I had and told me how much it was going to be for each month. Once each credit card was paid off, they would always send me an email or leave me a voicemail and let me know that I'm one step further. The last rep I talked to was extremely nice and she told me that I'm debt-free and that within a couple of days, I would be receiving money back because there was some money owed to me.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We love knowing that we made the process simple and easy. You did all the hard work, we offered the support! Congratulations and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 30, 2022

I called GreenPath and the person who answered, Jesse, could not have been kinder. She walked us through it. It took hours with us and she was so good at this. Once we did the online signing, we didn't think about it again. We were that comfortable. We finished 18 months early and we were supposed to have a five-year program. They handled our money way better than we did. We're grateful.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for leaving such a thoughful review. The review has been shared with Jesse, our staff love hearing how they have made an impact. It probably is not surprising to know she has been promoted to a new role here at GreenPath.

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 21, 2022

I enjoyed GreenPath. Their customer service was great. I didn't have to call that much. But when I did, I was helped. All my questions were answered. I got my debt paid off in five years and I was proud of myself that it's done. I didn't go bankrupt.

Hi Rita,

Congratulations - paying off debt in 5 years is hard to do! We are so glad to hear everything went well.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 20, 2022

Everybody was really nice. It was easy to get ahold of people, if I had any questions and if I needed to move a payment. They made things pretty easy. Working with them helped out a lot.

Hi Karina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear it was easy to get a hold of us and we made things easy for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information