2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.74/5

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Call Now Toll Free (844) 211-1189
Call Now Toll Free

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

When I came to Greenpath, I felt totally defeated about my finances and skeptical that I could be helped. Not only did everyone I spoke to help me with honest and helpful, but with their help, I was able to pay off my debt in a much shorter time than expected. Thank you so much, Greenpath! I sleep better at night and have developed a budgeting habit. Thanks to your help.

Hi Caitlin,

You are not alone in feeling defeated - finances are such a heavy burden so many carry. We are glad to hear you are sleeping better at night, that is actually a goal many clients have when they call us. We will share your feedback with the staff who helped you - it is always nice to hear how clients feel about their service.

Best wishes to you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This program helped me to eliminate nearly $30,000 in high interest credit card debt. I was able to do it in under five years and without declaring bankruptcy. I now am debt free except for a mortgage which I'm paying extra on each month. My credit score is almost 800. I'm starting to build an emergency fund and I'm saving for retirement. It feels good to finally be free.

Hi Michael,

Congratulations - you accomplished a lot in less than 5 years. We are excited to hear you are continuing to work on your financial goals. It takes a lot of dedication to continue working on financial goals despite all the set backs that may come our way.

All the best,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I am very happy with my experience with GreenPath and I would recommend them to anyone needing their service. Whenever I had an issue I would be able to get assistance right away. Than you GreenPath! I really appreciate your help in the difficult time

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for referring others to us in the future. We are always happy to help!

All the best,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

All employees I talked to were professional and kept all promises. Was a pleasure to work with Green Path and you helped me out of a difficult situation. Thank You so very much! I am a man of few words, so all I can say is excellent service, promises kept, the employee's kind and very nice and was a pleasure to business with Green Path...

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review. We will gladly pass along to the staff your feedback - it surely makes their day! Congratulations, you did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I had a few things I wanted to consolidate and pay off and GreenPath was there when I first started. One of my clients I work with mentioned it, and then I went and inquired about it. They did a phenomenal job. They called me and I got the information and I decided to go ahead. Everything was very professional, informative and helpful. They did my credit cards and the payment plan was very flexible. Sometimes I wanted to increase the contribution and they allowed me to do so. It wasn’t hard. Also, working with GreenPath helped me pay my debts faster because they negotiated the interest rate for me, which was really good.

Hi Gardems,

Thank you for the review and send our appreciation to your client who referred you to us! Congratulations on an incredible accomplishment.

Best wishes,

Compliance Department

Original review: July 30, 2020

I had been with GreenPath at one time and I learned about it through my credit union at OMNI, which was why I went back to it. Everything was great with their customer service. I had no questions and they said I didn't owe that much but we could go ahead and do it. It's paid up and I appreciate it.

Dear Sarah,

We are so glad that OMNI referred you to us! Even if you don't owe that much, it must feel nice to have it paid off - we are pleased to have been able to help you get there!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was thrilled to use Greenpath but when I completed my payments, I was horrified to find that on my credit report, payments on 2 of the credit cards they were paying were paid AFTER THE DUE DATE for the entire length of my plan. I called Greenpath to ask/report this, and they told me it was not their problem. I find that inexcusable. I am currently disputing this with the credit bureaus myself but I will not be recommending Greenpath to anyone...and to say I am disappointed is a gross understatement.

Hi Karen,

We certainly can understand it is upsetting when accounts are reported delinquent and we are happy to provide details as to how and why that happens. If an account is charged off by the creditor before enrolling with GreenPath, we can set up a payment plan to try and prevent further collection activity, however the debt still remains in charge off status. If a debt is not charged off, we need consistent deposits from the client to ensure the creditor payments are made on time.

If you would like to review your concerns in more detail, please call us at 866-476-7284 with a credit report and we can compare the status of the account before the DMP and then the deposit history to GreenPath. If you do not have a credit report, we can conference call creditors with you and compare the delinquencies in relationship to the deposits to GreenPath. You may also log into your GreenPath portal to view your GreenPath statements to ensure all deposit dollars are accounted for and reconcile it with your creditor statements.

GreenPath is committed to providing an explanation to better understand the delinquencies should you want to review each account individually.

Resolution Specialist

Compliance Department

Original review: July 23, 2020

Three years ago, my husband and I contracted pneumonia. While we were in the hospital, somebody hit me and charged up our Amazon card to the max. I tried to get to the bottom of it when we got out of the hospital. There was total lack of cooperation and the card itself said they would only deal with their own bank. They assigned GreenPath to help me make payments on it monthly and I just paid it all off two months ago with my first stimulus check, but GreenPath kept taking money out of the bank. The bank notified me that they were still doing that and the bank put a stop on it.

GreenPath called me and I told them what was happening. They know the account was closed so they sent me paperwork that it was. But the bank that the card is through has not reimbursed me for the two payments it took. They put it on the card which is supposed to be canceled so that this couldn't happen again. But they won't cancel the card so somebody could do it again. They said they would look into it but I haven't heard anymore. It's terrifying and I don't know what to do. I am wondering if I need to get a lawyer.

I've been going through the process with GreenPath for 3 years. That's quite too long. The rep was very polite over the phone, but nothing got done except that I did get a paper that said it was paid in full. That came from GreenPath, not from the bank that issued the card. I don't know if they're connected and she didn't know either. She said she would check into it. They must be connected somehow or how could GreenPath make the payments to that bank or at the card? That's where I’m a little disturbed that something isn't right.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting a review with your concerns. We are sorry to hear that the debt was used/charged when you and your husband were sick. First and foremost, if you feel the charges were fraudulent, please pursue your rights as a card holder.

The Compliance Team researched your file, listened to a call, called Amazon, and called you in response to your review. Our records show that you called the National Foundation for Credit Counseling and were referred to GreenPath. You chose to enroll in a Debt Management Program to obtain more favorable terms on your Amazon card. The review states you have been with us for 3 years, our records show the agreement was signed on 7/9/2018.

On 7/3/2020 GreenPath initiated a scheduled withdrawal from your bank account and it was returned for “payment stopped” on 7/9/1010. An employee called on 7/10/2020 to review the returned deposit to GreenPath and you explained you stopped it because you paid off Amazon with your stimulus check. The employee stated creditors do not give us balance updates and thanked you for the update as we had an estimated balance on file of $1003.59. She then explained we need to close your program, congratulated you, and encouraged you to obtain a paid in full letter from Amazon. In the call you mentioned we need to check who we are working with as you tried to call and the phone number was no longer in service. The employee offered to give our phone number and it was declined.

In response to your review, on 8/10/2020 GreenPath called Amazon (Synchrony) and they advised the account was paid in full with a credit balance of $60 and indicated they will refund the $60 after 2 billing cycles. An employee of our Compliance Department called you on 8/10/2020 called you to review your concerns and explained the $60 would be sent after 2 billing cycles. She offered to conference call Synchrony and the offer was not accepted. She offered the Synchrony customer service phone number twice and that was not accepted. The conversation was not finished as the call was disconnected. The review states that you have not received a paid in full letter from Synchrony. This is something that can be requested from Synchrony. You did state in your call on 7/10/2020 the debt is showing paid in full. We know it is upsetting to think we may have intentionally overpaid Amazon. Your GreenPath agreement specifically states, “contact an AMC prior to directly paying a creditor. Paying creditors directly will affect any concessions or arrangements made by an AMC on your behalf”.

With regards to the account being closed, generally speaking a creditor will close an account when a proposal is accepted through the debt management program. This prevents a cardholder from making additional charges. With regards to your GreenPath account, that account was closed when we called you to discuss the return deposit to GreenPath on 7/10/2020.

GreenPath sent you a message via your GreenPath portal on 8/10/2020 offering to conference call Synchrony should you choose to accept our offer.

GreenPath Compliance Team

Original review: July 22, 2020

I’m glad I chose GreenPath. They mostly helped me with credit card debt. It was a wonderful experience to talk with everybody. They worked on the payment plan. They paid up various credit cards a certain amount. I’m glad that it’s all over with, but it was great. I loved the experience.

Dear Yicelita,

We are glad you chose GreenPath, too! Thank you so much for your review and for allowing us to help you on your journey to financial freedom!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: July 20, 2020

GreenPath made it possible for us to pay off $50,000 of credit card debt in 4.5 years!! It was very hard, and there were times we felt we may have committed to a higher payment plan than we could afford but we wanted to be free of this debt as quickly as possible. We also knew that if we needed to make adjustments to our payment GreenPath would have been able to do that. We will be using them for our student loan debt as well!! I've recommended GreenPath to scores of people as debt is a massive and growing problem in our country. There was no shame associated with our situation, the plan we chose built our credit score, we never took a credit hit for choosing a debt management plan. There is often a wait when I call with questions, that can be annoying but that's probably the worst thing. We will continue to be with this great company until we can say we are 100% debt free!!

Dear Jessica,

$50,000 in 4.5 years is a BIG DEAL! Congratulations! I do apologize for the wait when calling, but we do have so many clients to help. We hired a lot of new staff over the past year and changed a few practices to hopefully alleviate wait times.

Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate it. Paying down debt is never easy and we are very happy to have been able to assist you in doing just that.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information