GreenPath Financial Wellness Request Information
  3. Credit Counseling
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

View More View More
GreenPath Financial Wellness Request Information

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Had no problems. I would recommend to anyone. Great customer service. Glad to be a customer. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. We had no problems at all and are really glad we choose them. Thanks again for everything you did for us.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Great way to pay off debt. Didn’t agree that the fee charged doesn’t change once the balance is reduced. Having to pay a $50 monthly fee when my balance was under $2000 wasn’t fair..and for a company helping people get out of debt...made it take longer to pay the debt off with that fee.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My wife went through GreenPath, and I had a couple of bills that I had high interest rates on. She gave me the number and I tried them and I liked them. I have completed everything, and what I went through was simple and easy. Their customer service was polite, answered all my questions, and went out of their way to help me out. They would check with me periodically. I have completed everything, and what I went through was simple and easy. I recommend anybody to use them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have already recommended the program to others. My sister signed up for it after I told her how stress free it was. Realizing those accounts being paid off and then being allowed to move money to other accounts set me on my path to financial freedom! Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

GreenPath has helped so much with getting us back on our feet and pay off all our debt. I cannot be more grateful for them and everything they have ever done for us. I have an immense appreciation for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

A bill led me to seek GreenPath's services and the rapport that they were doing with me that made me go with them. When I call, they are very receptive. They are also knowledgeable about how to go about the concerns with my recision problem, how collections work, and how bills work. I was impressed that the reps were always friendly. They were always offering advice or guidance, even if it wasn’t directly dealing with the issues. The enrollment process was really easy. They broke down information and walked me through it- what this was, what that was, and what the payments were. And they were really easy to access from my email. They worked together with me so the payment was the amount I could afford. It was reasonable and they definitely did their part. Working with GreenPath has made my life better. I would definitely refer them to a friend who has similar issues.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Enrolling with GreenPath went smoothly. The person who worked with me explained the positives and potential drawbacks of their program very well. I thought the services would be a little broader in terms of negotiating with some of the creditors but I learned that it was mostly a process of working with credit card debt and putting it on a payment plan. It created more discipline than I had on my own. I had nothing but good experiences with them. When I called, I got answers right away. While it wasn't always the answer I wanted, it was a direct one with not a lot of runaround. Once or twice the reps may have had to do some research and get back to me. When they did, they got back very quickly and with really direct responses.

GreenPath's services created some discipline around making and it was one less thing I had to worry about every month. The drawback was that by entering into agreements through GreenPath with my creditors, it was negative from from a credit reporting standpoint. It seems that the report was that I'm in a program and I'm 100% drawn against my credit card. I thought that over time my credit score would improve, but it really didn't. There wasn't really a way to improve it without breaking the program. The rep told me that my credit score would improve in time because I wouldn't be showing up as being 100% utilized on my credit cards.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

DuPont Community Credit Union recommended GreenPath to me. When I enrolled, their reps worked with me very well. They were very professional, always answered my questions and always took care of me. I was very comfortable working with my rep and they made my payment plan work with what my income was. GreenPath's service was a good deal for what they were doing for me. I went with another company before and I didn’t understand their process at all. They didn’t contact any of my creditors and I was still sweating. On the other hand, GreenPath notified them immediately. It was an excellent service to have.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

In the beginning, I had to do a lot of the legwork myself and I wasn’t expecting that. I was expecting to give them all of my information and for them to set up the deals with everybody. So, it was a lot more interaction with me upfront. But once everything was set up, it was easy ‘cause they took it out of your bank account and then paid everybody. The payment plan was set up pretty well. The representative was really nice. I’ve also contacted customer support several times, and they were always thorough and quick. Anytime I had more than what I needed in my GreenPath account, they would call me and ask me what I wanted to do with it. So, I appreciate that. I had GreenPath for two years before I cancelled the services ‘cause I paid off all of my debts early.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Dear Tameula,

Getting a Debt Management Program set up can be a bit of work. We do our best to make it stress-free for our clients, but there is definitely an element of partnership to it. It does feel great once you get it to that "set it and forget it" phase, doesn't it?

Congratulations on paying off your debts early! That's an amazing accomplishment!

Sincerely,
Leah Darland

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My credit union referred me to GreenPath and helped me set it up. The program they helped me with is based on a monthly payment taken out of my check. That payment is on my Walmart credit card. I talked to GreenPath's reps when I set my program up and things sounded good to me. My credit card is all paid off now.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Dear Eugene,

Congratulations on paying off your Walmart credit card! We are so happy for you! Best of luck to you going forward.

Sincerely,