4.8/5 (90 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: May 22, 2022

Initially, GreenPath did a good job trying to get the program set up. But through COVID, it was kind of a nightmare. There was zero help. There was no leeway. It was a tough program to stay true to during loss of jobs and not having what I needed in order to make sure that payment was still being made. If I had a change in job, I had to scrounge to get money from somewhere else in order to make sure the payment was done on time, otherwise, I would have been delinquent on the program. They could have people put 1% into a side account for when it's more of an emergency.

I didn't miss a single payment but even when I completed the program, they tried to charge me an extra $30 at the end and made the last payment an incorrect amount, which was tacky after paying off $21,000 in five years. They also did not reach out very often. But I'm very appreciative that they helped me get the debt paid off. I'm glad that they were there to help drop the interest rates down and were trusted by those companies to make it something that was achievable.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The reps were super nice and very informative. Every time I called them for certain things, they were super flexible and understanding, making different payments here, a little less here, a little more there. Their service was second to none. They helped us a long the way. Each month, they had a set payment, and everything went out. It started to get chopped down every year and I just became debt-free last month.

Original review: May 20, 2022

GreenPath seemed not just a business to help manage but also walk us through everything. They were pleasant and knowledgeable. They gave us some moral support to know we can do this and kept us accountable. They charted out a plan that would help concisely pay down all our debts within a certain period of time. Thanks to my husband's good accounting, he brought the program down from five years to two years.

Original review: May 19, 2022

GreenPath was very good to me. They helped me out a lot and the program worked fine for me. Then I got a VA loan and they paid off all the bills that GreenPath was paying on. If others were in trouble with their creditors, I would tell them to give GreenPath a call.

Original review: May 12, 2022

GreenPath made the process pretty easy. I got a call from a gentleman and we did a little interview. We went over how much I had, what my goals were, and developed a plan from there. I was in the program for 48 months. The payments were affordable and the gentleman who helped me out was good. Also, any time I need anything else, I would do the online chat and everything would be taken care of that way. Instead of making the final payment, I just paid off Chase itself and they were able to help me close out the program that way. The online system was very helpful.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Greenpath's service has been good. I signed up and the process was fine. I’m still paying some of the credit cards, but the program worked for me.

Original review: April 26, 2022

They took care of the hard work. I just gave the money I needed to give them and they took care of the rest. I had to call customer service a few times whether it was to change my payment plan or hold off on the payments. They did a fine job. Even after I finished the program, my credit score has consistently gone up. I'm thinking of the lessons that I've learned and try to apply them going forward, and continue to still stay debt-free as long as I can.

Original review: April 21, 2022

They were always informative. If I had a question, I was able to call. During the COVID, it's been a little harder to get ahold of people like anywhere else. But the program worked for me because I was able to get my interest-bearing account into a non-interest principal-only-bearing account. I also paid off the entire balance four weeks ago.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I was about to drown in finances, so I went to a lawyer and filed bankruptcy. We just bought a house, and she said that she could do it, but most likely, I would lose my house. I said, "Well, that ain't gonna happen," so she recommended something else. She said, "I can't recommend a specific one, but I'll give you a choice," and GreenPath was one of the choices. I checked them out online and checked reviews, and everything was favorable towards them more so than others. I contacted them, and I liked how they contact the credit agencies and got lower interest rates. Their fee is not very much as well.

Enrollment was really simple, and they were good communicators. I talked to several reps and they were very friendly and went out of the way to help us out. I'm getting ready to pay my debt off, and one rep put me on hold while she checked with the credit card company to make sure that we paid the correct amount off, so we wouldn't have any discrepancies. She also kept checking back on me to make sure I was all right.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Anytime I've been on the phone with Greenpath, it's always been professional and they've always gotten done what I had needed from them at that time. I would occasionally call in. If I had a change that I needed to make, or if I was trying to pay down anything faster, they walk me through what the options are, lay out that path and make sure that everything was clear and understood on my end on what those kind of changes would be.

Greenpath has been pretty good, because they were able to negotiate down the interest rates for me to reduce the amount. Also, with their payment plan, they were able to get it to line up with the frequency of how we got paid, so we were able to do it on a schedule that was very consistent and predictable. They got us on track to pay down our debt. I was also able to accelerate the timeframe and hit that budget back from just debt to other things that we were looking forward to spend our budget on, to have more financial freedom.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The application process went well. It was relatively easy and it was just a couple of days, if that. Their time to answer the phone was ridiculous though. They're obviously short-staffed and we'd be on hold forever, but whenever we finally got through, they were helpful and good. One other thing that bugged me about GreenPath was my scheduled day for them to take the money from our bank account was the 23rd, but they always took it out three or four days later. I found that to be a pain. With people who are struggling with making sure their bill's paid and everything's tight, they should take it out that first day. That's when the money's there.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The program with GreenPath went well and I was able to finish it. It automatically came out of my check every pay period and every once in a while, I get an update or a call that they were changing something, or one account had closed out. The way they contact was nice and it was a good experience. When I started with them a few years ago, it was simple. They were able to take my mortgage credit report and then, they sent us all the forms that we needed to sign to give them clearance to pause the account or get whatever access they needed. There were a couple of times where I wished that as the accounts closed, maybe there was the option to keep the same timeline but reduce the amount being taken out each pay. But it made sense to keep it going and finish it out as soon as possible.

The most beneficial thing about doing this process is letting things get paid off and not having to keep track of all the different payments. We had a number of different accounts go into it so instead of having to check on each one and figure out when we were supposed to pay, what and how much, it was all done for us. I've recommended GreenPath to some friends who are in the same boat. Any fees that are charged are negligible compared to missed payment fees or the interest.

Hi Carlisle,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. We love knowing we made your goal of becoming debt free easier for you. You did all the hard work and we offered the support to keep things moving. Wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 2, 2022

The enrolment process was easy and simple. Customer service told me everything. They let me know what my take would be and how long it was going to take for everything to be consolidated. They broke it down to all the debt I had and told me how much it was going to be for each month. Once each credit card was paid off, they would always send me an email or leave me a voicemail and let me know that I'm one step further. The last rep I talked to was extremely nice and she told me that I'm debt-free and that within a couple of days, I would be receiving money back because there was some money owed to me.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We love knowing that we made the process simple and easy. You did all the hard work, we offered the support! Congratulations and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 30, 2022

I called GreenPath and the person who answered, Jesse, could not have been kinder. She walked us through it. It took hours with us and she was so good at this. Once we did the online signing, we didn't think about it again. We were that comfortable. We finished 18 months early and we were supposed to have a five-year program. They handled our money way better than we did. We're grateful.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for leaving such a thoughful review. The review has been shared with Jesse, our staff love hearing how they have made an impact. It probably is not surprising to know she has been promoted to a new role here at GreenPath.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 21, 2022

I enjoyed GreenPath. Their customer service was great. I didn't have to call that much. But when I did, I was helped. All my questions were answered. I got my debt paid off in five years and I was proud of myself that it's done. I didn't go bankrupt.

Hi Rita,

Congratulations - paying off debt in 5 years is hard to do! We are so glad to hear everything went well.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 20, 2022

Everybody was really nice. It was easy to get ahold of people, if I had any questions and if I needed to move a payment. They made things pretty easy. Working with them helped out a lot.

Hi Karina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear it was easy to get a hold of us and we made things easy for you.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 19, 2022

The process with GreenPath was really smooth. They were very caring and empathetic. They told me exactly what I would need and they pretty much laid things all out for me. I had nothing to really think about. They handled it with me. It was going to be a five-year plan but I ended up just paying off the debts and completing their program. I’ll recommend GreenPath.

Hi Hillary,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you felt we were caring and empathetic. Finances are so stressful and we want to make it as comfortable as possible when clients contact us.

Congratulations and wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 18, 2022

GreenPath was on top of my debt so I was happy with the service. Everything all the way 'til the end was great. They were able to work with my creditors. The online app was great but I wish the app would have if you want to pay it off. Because I had a call to pay off my debt. From the app, I could have just paid it. But they did help me further and double checked if I still had debts with creditors which was pretty great. If you're in debt, GreenPath would be the best choice.

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear the program worked well from the beginning to the end. With regards to our line app, we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our portal to better meet the needs of our clients. Your feedback will be passed along.

Linda

Original review: March 11, 2022

I've had a really good experience with GreenPath. They helped me a lot. Just negotiating with the credit cards was a huge help for me, especially not to be paying as much interest rate as if I was paying regularly. I would, once in a while, go online and check my balance. But other than that, I trusted GreenPath. I paid my whole balance off already. The service was really good, and I’d definitely recommend it. Their customer service in general is great.

Hi Brenda,

Wow, thank you for leaving such a nice review. We are so happy to know that all around we exceeded your expectations. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 2, 2022

Greenpath offers a good tool to deal with a consumer debt issue. They made the enrollment process easy, and the service was very good quality.

Hi David,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear the process was easy and our quality was good! Congratulations to you!

Original review: March 1, 2022

It was a very pleasant experience working with Greenpath. At first I was so lost in debt, the counselors I had explained things clearly, and reassured me that I'm not the only person who allows herself to get into such debt. They also reassured me that by being patient and sticking to my goals, it would all end. It finally did.

Hi Amy,

You are like so many other when they call us, feeling lost in debt. We are so happy we were able to explain everything clearly and that you are not alone.

Congratulations on your accomplishment during your time with us. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Best wishes to you!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had a great experience with Greenpath in helping me to get on track financially. I appreciated that they paid my bills on time and I was able to reduce my debt within 5 years. I would recommend them to anyone who feels overwhelmed with their debt.

Hi Stephanie!

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you'd recommend us to anyone overwhelmed with debt.

Original review: March 1, 2022

This was a no hassle process for me, communication was wonderful! Every last question I had was readily answered at the very beginning, the online process was easy to navigate, I loved getting my updates when a creditor was completely paid. I definitely recommend this company, I am already looking into starting the process of paying my student loan off with Green Path! On my way to DEBT FREE, best feeling ever!

Hi Jessica,

Congratulations! You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you felt our communication was excellent, that is what we aim for!

Best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The debt consolidation program with GreenPath was great. It helped me pay off debts and close out the accounts. I've completed it. I paid that off early. There was one time that I met with the local agent in Brownsville but other than that, everything was done through online chat or their 1-800 number. My initial conversation with a local representative was to get me to sign the contract. The representatives were able to address or answer any questions that I had. If they couldn't, they'd call me back. They're knowledgeable. I loved the program. They had flexible options. Two years into starting my plan with GreenPath, I realized that my ex-husband had left an additional $8,000 in debt. I was able to add those into the loan and have them paid off as well.

Hi Imelda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of us. We are happy to hear that we were able to answer any questions or concerns you had.

Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

GreenPath's customer service reps were very friendly, very knowledgeable and always easy to deal with. I liked working with GreenPath because even though the initial process was kinda long, they were able to argue on the banks on my behalf to get the account set up so I could get them repaid. Bank of America fought back against them, but through their expertise, we still got it done. It's a really good service.

Hi Frederick!

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We love knowing we are easy to work with as we know finances are stressful. Unfortunately it may take a little bit to get proposals accepted with creditors and we are glad to hear everything worked out well.

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Working with GreenPath was a positive experience and enrolling was very easy. They did a good job helping me pay my bills down. I paid monthly and then they paid out my bills and negotiated with credit card companies. GreenPath had everything set up online that I can fix. They were very understanding. If I have a question, I can reach out to them. They tailored payments to me and my financial situation. The program helped me get out of the debt I was in and put me on a good path.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We really work hard to meet our clients where they are at on their financial journey. We know it's not easy.

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Their service was really good. I got into them for debt consolidation. I got a few credit cards. They went around, and they got the credit cards to come down on their interest. Some of them were 0%. Then we refinanced and then I just paid GreenPath. When you call GreenPath, you talk to people. It's not some out of country person. It's usually someone right there. I had some issues with the credit cards and GreenPath took care of it for me. I didn't have to do a lot. They're really good, straightforward people.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We work hard to provide excellent customer service and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

It took 25 months to close seven accounts, and the payment plan was fabulous. The process was seamless, and it just worked. A couple weeks ago when I called as we were finishing things up, I told the gentleman I spoke with that GreenPath was fabulous and we would recommend to anyone. We wish we would have known about them a few years earlier so we could have gotten this taken care of even earlier. Now, we are planning on taking what we were paying to GreenPath each month and putting that on our truck payment to get rid of that. We're six years from retirement, so we're looking forward.

Hi Cindy!

Your progress is remarkable. So many others say they wish they would have found us sooner. Congratulations on your hard work and commitment to becoming debt free.

Wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The reps were very personable and knowledgeable and they alleviated the panic that I had. They explained the program very well and the application was very straightforward and didn't seem that it took very much time at all. Short of paying it for me, the process went very well. I had to ask for them to change the date that they pulled money out a couple of times and they were always very accommodating. I just paid my last thing off last month. I would tell people to go with GreenPath and trust in them. In fact, my partner signed up for GreenPath and has been on it for two and a half years. There have been a couple of bumps in the road and they have been totally fine with working with her, and she's really happy with it.

Hi Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We know finances are a heavy burden and so much anxiety, you are not alone! Thank you for sharing with your partner how we can help.

Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I'm so glad that I took the step to go with GreenPath. I had an excellent experience from day one. The application process was very simple, and everyone that I worked with was very helpful. I didn't have any issues at all. There was one time several years ago that I had to change the date on my payment, and they worked as far as the payment itself, making sure that that was in my comfortable range. Overall, the program was worry-free, and the ease of it was amazing. The people were amazing too. If I had an issue or a question and I called, they got back to me right away. There was no waiting. It was one of the better experiences that I've ever had handling money-wise. I was very pleased.

Hi Lori!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love knowing we provided a simple and easy to follow plan for you. Finances can be so stressful and we are so happy our staff were able to help you when you called. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Congratulations to you!