4.8(884)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit company offering credit counseling and debt management services. It helps consumers in all 50 states with free and paid offerings. The company isn’t affiliated with any bank and is a neutral third party working in your interest. GreenPath credit and debt counselors are certified by the National Foundation of Credit Counseling (NFCC) and help students, homeowners, homebuyers and consumers with credit card debt.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • NFCC-certified counselors
  • Free counseling services
  • Serves all 50 states
Cons
  • Many offices don’t provide in-person counseling
  • Fees for debt management and certain housing services

Stars Rating

• 87%
  • 10%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I started my 5y plan with debt for almost $45k. I was overwhelmed and it prevented me from doing things I needed or wanted to do. When I made the call in 2018, I had spent the better part of 15 years making payments and maintaining my good score, but I needed to delegate the work. I hung up feeling relieved, confident, and reassured it was possible to achieve in my lifetime. And 3 months after multiple letters and emails confirming my debt had been paid off to all the creditors, I’m still in shock. It still doesn’t feel real. I can’t speak highly enough about GreenPath-they saved me.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Green Path was a blessing for me, got me out of debt. I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed.. They also paid my creditors on time, had 0 problems with them.. Give them a try. I also had the opportunity to stop whenever I wanted to.. Please check Green Path out, they won't disappoint you. I was very satisfied with them.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I went to one of my credit cards trying to get some help with them and they gave me the number for GreenPath and I called them. It was the one I was in trouble with. I knew that GreenPath could help me with the interest and help me get it paid off faster after being scammed out of almost $50,000. That and with my husband dying, the money wasn't coming in anymore. I worked with many people at GreenPath and they were all wonderful and very efficient. They answered all my questions every time I called. And during COVID, they somewhat helped me get through that.

I'm done with the program now. It's all paid off. It would have been done within five years, and I was done before five years. It was great because I was in the process of selling my house and buying myself a new one down south. I would tell others, "If you wanna get out of debt fast, go to GreenPath. They were good." The price was reasonable. As far as their website, they had this really cute sticker program kind of thing, but they didn't keep up on it. It was supposed to be like your little milestones. They did a couple and then that was the last of it. I was like, "Well, that wasn't very encouraging."

Customer ServicePriceProcess

Reviewed March 14, 2024

Instead of me paying the high interest that I had on some of my credit cards or whatever it was, GreenPath gave me a low interest and a monthly install. The program has assisted me but then, they charged me for about six months after it was already cleared out. I tried to reach out to them. I tried emailing, texting, and every phone number that was possible but there was no way that I could ever get ahold of them. I never got reimbursed. I had to cancel my checking account and open up a new one because they kept drawing out of it and nobody reached out to me. The program was good and I know I'm grateful for it but I would never recommend it. I would tell others to go ahead with it but as soon as it's over with, they better be ready to cancel their checking account and open up another one.

Pinned

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to Mr. O’Connor’s concern. We are glad the Debt Management Program helped Mr. O’Connor pay off their debts and alleviate high interest rates. We apologize for the frustration towards the end of the program. Our records showed there was a balance left on the accounts and as a result we continued the withdrawals from Mr. O’Connor account with permission. Once we were alerted of the concern, we discontinued the withdrawals. We continue to improve our wait times, and we appreciate the feedback. We also appreciate the opportunity to help Mr. O’Connor achieve his financial wellness goals.

PriceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I had some high interest credit cards and I didn't seem to be making any headway even making the payments. The balances didn't seem to go down, so I contacted GreenPath to see if they would be able to negotiate a lower interest rate. With that, they explained the program, how it worked and how they could help. My customer support has been excellent. I've contacted them three times and it was to make the pay-off and to update the status.

Now, I am debt-free. Except for my home, I don't owe anyone anything. Working with them has helped tremendously. The money that I was paying in credit card debt, I now am able to save and invest in my retirement. This experience has been eye-opening for me and getting ahead in regards to the consumer debt that I have. I don't think, if I had not contacted GreenPath, that I would be in a position that I am right now and that's financial freedom. It's been a great experience overall.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

GreenPath took a lot of my debt, consolidated them, and helped me pay them off. They guided me through the process with no problems. The enrollment process was painless and didn't take that long. GreenPath is the way to go if you have a lot of debt. They could put everything on one lump sum and get it done.

StaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 13, 2024

The person from GreenPath that I spoke to until the end was very nice. She was professional. She was good. At the end of the program, she appreciated me. She congratulated me. So, I was satisfied. In the beginning, I never had a problem either. They explained everything to me and how everything was gonna go on. I was staying with my account, and I make sure that when the time came, I had funds available. It was not easy, but I did it. I finished paying my debt. I'm happy I'm debt-free now.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

GreenPath helped me consolidate and I didn't have to worry about the payment and they took it out automatically. It was the answer to my problem. With the payment being a set amount, I didn't have to remember how much I had to save from one paycheck to the next. That was the best part. What a relief it was to know that I didn't have to worry about six cards. I had one payment and it really changed my whole outlook on life. It was really quite a shock that I was done already with it. They said it'd probably be closer to five years that I'd be caught up and it was just a little bit past three years.

PriceProcess

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I was gonna go into the debt relief program which would have involved lawyers and more drama, even though it would have cost me less. Throughout my time in the GreenPath program, there were lots of people trying to convert me back over to the debt management program. The program at GreenPath took a lot of stress off of me at the time when something really bad came up. That way, I wouldn’t have to pay about a couple of thousand dollars a month to these creditors and I still had the creditors satisfied, not nipping at me with collections while I was trying to fix everything. Their customer support was always easy. My only complaint sometimes was the long hold period. Sometimes, I'd be on hold for 30 minutes or more. But that was the worst part of it.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 13, 2024

When we were starting, the man really explained everything where we felt confident that this was the right choice for us. He was very knowledgeable. At that time, I had a lot of questions, but he answered them to the point where we made the choice to go with GreenPath. Their program worked for us. They negotiated lower interest rates (one interest rate was 1.7% and the other was a little over 5%) and it enabled us to put more money towards the principal every month. They did the math to figure out how many months it was gonna take and told us what the amount was gonna be.

We knew the dates that GreenPath was gonna be debiting our checking account, and a couple of days before a specific date, they would send a reminder text for that. There was always a running total on the website too. Everything went very smoothly, and I've never had to call GreenPath with an issue. The only times I spoke with someone was when we started and when we finished. We were very happy with everything that they did, and we made a referral to my husband's son. I explained how GreenPath worked for us, and he's gonna be contacting them.

Reviewed March 9, 2024

GreenPath helped me pay off my debt. It was more along the lines of putting aside my own money weekly. That way, it could build up and accumulate and then disperse among my debts. Their reps were very helpful when I needed assistance.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I called GreenPath Financial Wellness and did everything over the phone. I don't remember having to fill out any paperwork, which was nice. Also, it's very easy to use the app and track everything, so it made my life much easier. The reps were helpful. Got straight to the point and everything handled. Because I had a pay cut, they asked what I was able to afford or my income at the time. That was how we figured out the payment, which didn't hurt me. Everything worked out fine.

StaffProcess

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

When I needed GreenPath's customer support, they were always available. I had a couple of credit card debts and instead of paying each creditor person, they put it all down to one payment for me and it was cheaper. It was nice to just have one payment instead of five payments. Their reps asked a bunch of questions, contacted the creditors, made sure that the creditors were okay with having them pay it, and they paid off all of my debt, and then I just had to pay GreenPath back. The payment plan was very negotiable and I loved it.

I had the mobile app to track the progress of the program. I just finished my program with them. It helped me out a lot with budgeting and being able to pay some other stuff off while paying lower payments. I would recommend GreenPath. It's an amazing program. Instead of having however many payments that you have, you only have one payment and it's a lower payment. It's gonna take a couple of years to pay it off, but it's a loan and it helps out your credit.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I like GreenPath. The program is good.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

I was very happy and grateful for the activity with GreenPath Financial Wellness. Because I bounced in and out, and I made a couple of changes and I was disorganized. But every time, GreenPath was able to make the changes that I wanted to make. So, it was good for me. The first person I dealt was Miranda. She did a great job and I am grateful. Sometimes it would take a long period of time to get to a representative. But I could get to one and I would not have to chat.

I'm done. I celebrate every day. I got some residuals. But the things I wanted to take care of were taken care of. I still have Discover on the outside, but it works okay. And I've talked to the reps about trying to do something with Discover, but we've been down that path before and we know what the deal is. Every month I pay and the next month I pay less. So, it's working.

StaffProcess

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I needed to work on my debt and get rid of all of it. I couldn't get it done and paid on time because I was self-employed. I couldn't get the creditors to work with me like I needed them to. So, I went to GreenPath. It was really easy working with them. Everybody was kind and very patient, would keep me up on everything, and showed me how to get on and do the portal with them. Anytime I had any kind of question or concern, that was never an issue. They were always willing to help in any way that they could.

I spoke with different representatives, but they all were nice and kind. Even if it was an issue with the consumer, they would say, “Well, just let us handle it, and we'll get back with you.” That was really good. Their kindness and professionalism stood out. I had a great experience with GreenPath. They would do whatever they could to help you to get on the program, and work with you through the program until your program was complete. No matter who I got on the other end at any time, everybody was still friendly, kind, professional, and willing to do whatever they had to do to make it an easy process for me.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2024

Greenpath saved me from years of suffering and provided an intuitive and supportive solution to get me out of overwhelming credit card debt. Without their negotiation, advisors, and stellar customer support over the years I don't know what I would have done other than continue to drown in predatory interest rates!

PriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

I had to use Greenpath twice in my life after debt levels that I was drowning in. The people are helpful and the lower interest rates from companies while I’m in debt management helped too. My life would be different (it would be so bad) if I hadn’t had this resource. Thank you, Greenpath!!

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

I signed up with GREENPATH a little over 5 years ago. I was saddled with $27,002.00 in debt. I could not have paid it off without their people and their assistance. I AM SO GRATEFUL!!! They’re the best!!! Every person that I spoke to was extremely supportive and helpful. I would recommend GREENPATH to anyone…even people that I may not like.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

After the initial consultation and setup everything went smoothly. I closely followed my plan and payments each month and there was never an issue. The representatives were always helpful and polite whenever I called with questions. I have highly recommended to others to help with their financial issues. They have great customer service.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I had a great experience with GreenPath. They helped me get my credit in order. They answered any questions I needed. I would recommend them to anybody.

Pinned

Thank you for leaving a review, Madelene! We are glad we could help you get your credit in order and answer any questions. Thank you for recommending us to others!

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I called GreenPath, spoke to one of the credit counselors and set up the plan from there. I called them in the evening and the plan was set up easily. I just had to give them the different accounts that I wanted to put on the plan. On the other hand, sometimes it was hard to get ahold of somebody. They have a chat feature on the website, and sometimes, I would just sit on the chat waiting, and nobody would ever come on. I found that it was more helpful to call them. I had more luck getting somebody on the phone.

GreenPath was flexible if I needed to reschedule one of my payments that was gonna come out for the month. During Covid, when I was having some issues with bill payments, they were really understanding and flexible. That was really good. It's been a couple of years (longer than three years) since I started with them, and I've already paid my accounts off, so I'm all set.

Pinned

Thank you for leaving a review! We are glad to hear you have had a positive experience setting up your program and speaking to our credit counselors. We are sorry you waited for awhile on Chat. That is not the experience we want for our customers. We are working on some improvements to the Chat and we hope you'll try the chat feature again in the future! Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

The program helped me pay off a lot of debt. They did their job that I expected them to do and everything worked out just fine.

Pinned

Thank you for leaving a review, Daniel. We are always happy to hear we met expectations!

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

My experience with GreenPath was amazing. The enrollment process was really easy. They were extremely helpful. I was paid off two and a half months before they thought I was going to be. I do have a few outstanding bills that I still need to get paid off, but they're all in good standing. It has worked out perfectly.

Pinned

Congratulations on paying off your program early, Mary! We are glad the enrollment process was easy for you and everything worked perfectly. Thank you for leaving a review!

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

I had a lot of credit card debt that I needed to get a control of. GreenPath Financial Wellness was the best way to do it. It was self-explanatory with the funds. So, I didn't have to contact much. But they were very helpful as far as getting it set up and with any questions that I had as far as getting my balances updated. GreenPath helped me get the couple of the cards that I had on there under control. On my behalf, they got the interest rate down. So, it was easier to handle. I would use them again if it ever came to it.

Pinned

Shasheena, congratulations on reaching your goal! We are happy to hear that it was self-explanatory for you and that we helped when you had any questions. Thank you for the review!

StaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

I contacted them and they walked me through or went over my concerns. They also walked through which account I would like to try to have them contact and then they went over a budget. The program was easy and accommodating. If you had any questions, you can go onto the website and chat real quick or you can call the customer service line. Everyone was helpful. There were not too many questions or concerns after I agreed to start the program. It was pretty much straightforward. I've been done with the program for about four months now. I've been very satisfied. If a creditor doesn't approve the program, they still work with you and still pay them. But it seems like everything that they suggest works. If you are able to pay sooner, they appreciate that, but they also appreciate if you like them to make the payment. They are willing to work with you. It's a good program.

Pinned

Thanks for leaving a review, Amanda. Congratulations on completing your program! We are happy everyone was helpful and accommodating. Thank you for trusting us with your financial journey!

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

I spent three years with GreenPath and they got rid of a speedy cash problem that I had. They did what they said they were gonna do to a certain degree of making payments every month to clean up my credit. I made all my payments and I graduated. GreenPath didn't educate me on anything. I'm not disappointed with that but they just called me and said I was gonna be done soon and congratulations. When I signed up, there was somebody who kept me on board. I called an 800 line when I needed help and it was always a different person. I had to ask deep questions with my motive being I wanted my score to go up. And I didn't feel that there was an outstanding understanding of that situation on a consistent basis. I talked to Experian. I looked at some of my credit and I just don't know if it's gonna take some more time because it'll say paid in full. But nothing went up with my scores.

Pinned

Thanks for leaving a review, Eugene! We are glad we did what we said we would do. Financial education is an important part of our mission, so we would have liked to better serve you in that way. Thank you for this feedback, it will be shared with our teams. Congratulations on graduating!

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

I gave GreenPath my information, then they directly took the money to help pay off my debt from my bank account each month. The only problem I had was when I had to take on a car payment. They didn't offer me any advice on that when I was still trying to pay off my debt. I had to take on another job. The program took four and a half years and I completed it as of two months ago.

Pinned

Jeffrey, congratulations on completing your Debt Management Program! It can be difficult to add an additional payment to the budget. Our counselors try their best to be flexible if you are having trouble with payments, but unfortunately changes are not always possible. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and congratulations again!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2023

We had excessive debt that we weren't able to pay, and we sought out GreenPath to help with that. We just completed the program. It was a five-year program. But we completed it a year early. The ability to accomplish my goal was what pleased me the most about it. There was an additional fee associated with each transaction, and it was fine. It was a reasonable rate. I was happy with it.

Pinned

Congratulations, Kayla, on completing your Debt Management Program early! You did a great job accomplishing your goal, we are glad GreenPath could support you. Thank you for leaving a review!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2023

Greenpath was specific on what they could help me with. They were very knowledgeable and they came across in a positive way. The enrollment process was very simple. First, I asked them what they accepted as far as debt and they said they accepted it. I gave them an approximate of how much and then they reached out to the consumer and saw what they could come up with as far as a figure that would be a reasonable monthly to pay. Then they came back to me and then we worked out a monthly plan to consolidate. They did their due diligence. It was easier to give a certain amount of money a month and then they could do it for you. They helped me pay everything off. I paid off all my debts about three months ago.

Pinned

Congratulations on completing your Debt Management Program, Riva! We are happy to hear the enrollment process was very simple! Thank you for leaving a review.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information