4.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

View More View More

469 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We are so thankful and grateful for the help of GreenPath. We had significant credit card debt and the folks at GreenPath helped us develop a plan which we were able to stick with and complete until the end. They helped us through the entire process. I would highly recommend GreenPath.

Dear Bennett,

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure to be able to help you wade through the waters of getting debt free. We are always happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I used GreenPath Financial to pay off my credit card debts. Over 4 1/2 years. They are very professional and helpful and helped me stay on my plan. I now have completed their program and paid off my debt. They are easy to contact and respond immediately and quickly. They followed up with me afterwards to be sure I was satisfied and had any questions answered. They refunded balance owed to me. They made all my credit card payments on time and I was able to see my monthly statements every month. I highly recommend this co. for debt management to anyone who is over their head in debt and cannot catch up or decrease their debt. GreenPath Financial negotiated my high interest rates down to in most cases 50% less and worked out one monthly payment to them and then paid my creditors accordingly each month. It was a sacrifice for those years but soon I can retire and I won't owe anyone anything.

Dear Kathleen,

Retiring debt-free is an AMAZING accomplishment - CONGRATULATIONS to you and thank you for letting us assist you in getting to that goal. Reading your review made me feel proud of the hard work we do for our clients and I am extremely pleased that you found our team professional and helpful - which we strive to be every day.

Congratulations again - and enjoy your upcoming retirement!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I started with Consumer Credit Counseling in 2011 and was eventually picked up by GreenPath. At that time, I was in a financial mess. I had credit cards, store credit cards, and items in collection that were taking a toll on me. I became depressed and upset with every phone call from a debtor. I used to hate when the time came for them to start calling me. I scoured the internet looking for companies and had connected with one in Boston, MA. I needed someone local and ran across Consumer Credit Counseling. It changed my life. My first appointment, I noticed a huge jar on the floor, it was nearly full of shredded credit cards.

After setting things up with my credit counselor, I was asked to shred mine. I did and became liberated from that moment on. I had a plan to get me out of this debt that had overtaken me. They halted the phone calls from my creditors and I was able to see balances paid off. To say that I was thrilled is an understatement. I continued in this program and this past June, I paid off my last one to a finance company. I truly am grateful to God for this service and how it changed my life. If you are in over your head with debt, reach out to Greenpath. I promise you they will make you feel that you have the support you need to get out of this and stay out. I have one credit card now that I am managing as I have learned my lesson. Thank you GreenPath! You are a lifesaver!

Dear Gloria,

Wow, what a powerful exercise, to shred up all your credit cards. Putting the idea of becoming debt free into action must have been quite an experience!

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing up the program. We will miss you as a client, but we are so happy that you are free from that burdensome debt and that you have learned how to manage with minimal cards.

Thank you for being our client!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

We enrolled in GreenPath in 2014 with just under $60k in credit card debt. The counselors helped create a plan we could live with, and last month, we emerged from the program with a higher credit score and freedom from the debt that had been bogging us down. We recommend GreenPath to everyone we know that is having debt problems; it was a tough program for a while, but the freedom we now feel made it worth the effort! It's a great program and benefits everyone involved.

Dear Sara,

$60k down to $0! We LOVE it! And we LOVE hearing that the program worked just as it should - improve your credit and give you peace of mind, and emerge out the other end with a greater sense of financial freedom.

Thank you so much for being our client. It was a pleasure to help you on your journey.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I was referred to GreenPath through my credit union when I was in a lot of financial trouble coming out of a nasty and very expensive divorce. Every person I worked with were very helpful, knowledgable, and empathetic. I sit here 4.5 years later holding a letter that states my debts have been paid in full. I cried with so much relief when that letter arrived. This was the best thing I could have done for myself. I cannot thank this team enough for saving me from a future riddled with debt and stress and who knows what. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!

Dear Amanda,

It is our pleasure to assist clients in getting through difficult times. I am very happy that you found our team empathetic, as that is a major focus we have at GreenPath.

Congratulations on paying off your debts! We are thrilled for you and so grateful that you allowed us to help you on your journey.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I had an aunt who used GreenPath and she referred my mother to their services, then my mother referred them to me. I was with them for five years and everything was taken care of. I’m very happy for that. The situation gave me the freedom from the financial burden that I had. I also really like the way they work. The representative I worked with put everything in perspective, what to expect, how it was gonna be paid and the timeframe on it. She gave me all the details for me not to have any questions or worries that things would be wrong. Everything went smoothly. They also worked very well with me on the payment plan. I got the statements and the payments were done.

Dear Yolanda,

Well, thank you VERY much to your aunt for referring your mother, and to your mother for referring you! I am so happy we were able to help so many people in your family.

It is our goal for our clients to feel freed from overwhelming financial burdens, so reading your words is very affirming to our mission as a company. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: July 17, 2019

GreenPath was the best thing since sliced bread for me. This company came in when I needed them very much. I enrolled with them on the phone and it took me two years to complete the program. I had a bill with an account with QVC that got me involved with GreenPath and I had been paying on it. I had been sending $400 to $500 of payments a month to try to get rid of that debt but for some reason, the interest would just eat up that payment. It was awful. With GreenPath, my payments were regulated and I paid not even $200 a month. And that debt just disappeared because it was taken care of so successfully without an ounce of worry on my part. I was able to finish paying for my card and I'm tired, but I appreciate GreenPath's service so very much. I also got a letter of thanks and a refund from QVC for the two additional payments that they took out. All in all, my account was handled with such professionalism and ease by GreenPath.

Dear Florene,

From $500 down to $200 a month? That is what we love to hear! Thank you for letting us know the details of your successful program. We love hearing from our clients and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we did.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future - we are always happy to help!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: July 14, 2019

My bank recommended me the GreenPath Financial Wellness. Originally, I talked to a counselor that send me a contract. After reviewing the contract I decided to go along with it even though some of promises for low payments / interest rate and getting out of debt early seemed like a good choice. The day of my payment I noticed that I was billed an extra $269.00. I reviewed my contract this additional $ 269.00 was not mentioned anywhere.

I called customer service and explained that in the contract there was no mentioned of such a fees. And if that fee did not get deleted by the end of the day I would cancel the contract. In addition I asked a freeze in my account activity. By the end of the day the $269.00 had been removed. I checked my account yesterday and I noticed an additional $220.00 charged. Still nothing being mentioned into contract regarding this extra fee. The moral of the story: If it is too good to be true it probably isn’t. I advice our potential new clients to be aware of working with this organization. Their practices are unethical and predatory.

Dear Ana,

Thank you for updating your star rating to five stars. We truly appreciate you giving us a chance to clear up any misunderstanding that may have occurred.

To provide context for others who may read this review, GreenPath had the opportunity to speak with and work with Ms. Shalesi to address her concerns regarding hidden fees. Upon reviewing the contract, Ms. Shalesi stated she did not have an issue with the fees regarding the program. There was a misunderstanding with regard to the balance of a debt listed on the program. Ms. Shalesi was under the impression that GreenPath added fees to the balance to collect more funds from her. GreenPath assured Ms. Shalesi that she would only pay the balance of her debt along with the agreed upon fees listed in her agreement and nothing more. The additional money was addressed in a manner that satisfied Ms. Shalesi with the understanding that GreenPath did not charge her an extra $220 nor would we in the future. GreenPath was happy to have been able to address Ms. Shalesi’s concerns and is open to any feedback she has or any other concerns that may arise.

Again, we thank you for updating your rating. We are always happy to assist you if there are any other misunderstandings in the future. The beginning of a Debt Management Program is almost always the most confusing and stressful part of it and having questions and concerns is very common.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to continue to serve you. We are dedicated to giving our clients a positive experience and we sincerely hope that yours is one from here on out.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: July 4, 2019

I freed out of a tremendous amount of debt. I was put on a plan that I could handle and the money got taken care of in a timely fashion. I couldn’t have done that without GreenPath. The enrollment process was very simple. It was said how they were gonna disburse some money to the cards and what I had to do to get started. They answered all my questions and were very upfront with stuff. They explained what was gonna happen over the long term and what the fees were gonna be. The payment plan was also very good and flexible. There were a couple of times that I wanted to increase the amount and they were always accommodating to my needs. They helped me with automatic payments and transfers. The representatives I worked with were informed and personable. The service was excellent. What I got was worth every dime I paid. I’m happy with it.

Dear John,

We are so please that we were able to give you such good service. We truly appreciate having you as a client and are grateful for the opportunity to help you along your journey to financial freedom.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future - we are here to help!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: June 25, 2019

I found GreenPath on the internet and called them and talked to them. They sounded like they would be good to work with, and they were. They took the debt that we had and helped pay them off. We had to give them all of our different account information and decide on the payment. And then, they did an automatic payment every month, and it was just set up like that. We were assigned a person that handled our case, and they were always there for us if we had any questions. The program took about three and a half years, and we've already settled our debt. Comparing GreenPath to other debt companies, I would prefer them. I would recommend them over anybody else.

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that we gave you a pleasant experience. Getting your debt paid off must feel wonderful!

Please get in touch if there is anything we can help you with going forward!

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information