2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

4.9/5 (90 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Very satisfied and pleased with the Greenpath program. They worked with me when I needed to back off a month or two due to unforeseen medical issues and my income was temporarily reduced. Explained things clearly and answered any questions I had. Would absolutely recommend the program to others.

Hi Tracy,

I am so glad to hear you were very satisfied! We certainly understand unforeseen concerns will come up and we try our best to provide options.

Congratulations to you and we wish you all the best.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Greenpath did an excellent job negotiating with my creditors to get me through a difficult time. They were kind, compassionate and helpful. I never felt judged and they were always professional and attentive to my needs. I would highly recommend them.

Hi Lori!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am so glad to hear you felt our staff were kind and you did not feel judged. Finances can be so overwhelming and we are here to help!

Wishing you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I am very pleased with my experience and ALL of my debt being handled by GreenPath. It was a huge relief lifted off my shoulders when I received the final letter stating my debt was paid in full! I work for a company that takes credit very seriously so, when interviewing new candidates with credit issues I always refer them to Greenpath using my personal experience to motivate them to reach out and just give Greenpath a chance. Thank you so very much!

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations to you, you did it! Thank you for referring others to us - we appreciate that! We truly want to help others reach their financial goals. We wish you all the best!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Greenpath has changed my entire life and I am now headed in a positive healthy direction. I was in significant debt (all credit cards), had tried to get out many times by applying the usual strategies (transfer to 0% interest cards etc) but it was very difficult. Greenpath staff helped me with absolute empathic determination to truly help me end this horrible cycle. It took 5 years and though hard at first, I learned to live in with more consciousness about better financial choices and to live 100% WITHOUT credit cards (yes you CAN). I will never own one again. I am humbly grateful to Greenpath for their ongoing support and guidance. I hope they can help so many Americans in the same situation right now.

Hi Cele,

Thank you for leaving us a review! I love that you were met with empathy. There is so much judgement regarding debt and credit and we want to be a safe space for our clients. You did all the hard work and we provide the framework for your success.

Congrats to you!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The staff was happy to work with me and remains calm as I fret about how to tackle matters. They are in the long haul with me and I am grateful. They are one I would recommend and would gladly have them work with me on the student loans next. Greenpath made this as painless as possible, yet conquering the mountain.

Hi Terri,

I am so happy we provided the support you needed when faced with uncertainty and stress that finances may bring. You are not alone in that regard. We can certainly discuss student loan concerns with you. Please give us a call when you are ready.

We wish you the best!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Green Path was excellent from beginning to end of helping me with a budget to help pay off over 40,000 in credit card debt. I was able to do it in just four years. I would recommend this service to anyone carrying large debt.

Hi Laura,

Paying off $40,000 in four years is incredible and not easy! We provided the framework and you did all the heavy lifting. Thank you for referring others to us! Congrats and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I was with Clarifi before and and I chose them because they had an office here in Philadelphia. There were in-person people that I could contact plus, they offered special classes. Then, they defaulted to GreenPath and when I switched over to them, I just got this letter and I had to kind of figure out everything for myself. I just received information in the mail and I followed the instructions instead of calling. If I did call and seek them out, everything was fine. But they didn't proactively contact me or let me know that my debt was with them already. The switch went pretty smoothly but it would have been nice if people have called me besides just getting a letter in the mail and knowing what was happening. Other than that, I'm all paid out now and everything was fine.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback about your experience upon transferring from Clarifi to GreenPath. I know change is hard and can be frustrating. I am glad to see we were able to help you log into your GreenPath portal on 8/12/2019 which provides 24/7 access to your GreenPath account in addition the ability to chat live with an agent.

Congratulations on becoming debt free. I wish you all the best.

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I went through the Police and Fire Credit Union for Philadelphia. There was a discount and that's why I chose GreenPath. We had tweaked things out and the enrollment was a smooth process. It was a five-year program and it worked fine. I did the automatic payment every month. The way they negotiated, some of the charges even dropped more because it was getting paid off. I was getting money back. I didn't expect that. That's the big thing. GreenPath poured money back to me.

Hi Christopher,

Congrats on your accomplishment. You are right, the automatic payments are very convenient and keep things running smoothly. You did all the hard work and we were here to support you.

All the best,

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I was paying almost $1,000 in minimum payments to my credit card debtors each month and it started becoming impossible. I never thought I would see my way out by just paying the minimum payments. My sister-in-law told us about the program with Clarifi. When I talked with them, the payments were cut in half and it was a five-year period. So it definitely made me feel a lot better. Then Clarifi merged with GreenPath. But once they introduced themselves and sent out how to log in, the process was easy. Everything that I established with Clarifi was merged on over. They were very helpful, friendly and accommodating during the times that I had to reach out. I felt really comfortable going through the program. They did everything good. There was nothing else better that they could have done.

Hi Elisheba,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to hear your program still went smoothly after the merger. We love hearing there was nothing we could have done better. We care about helping our clients and we are happy to have served you.

All the best,

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The last transaction that I had with GreenPath went smoothly. I have finished paying off one card too, and I was able to roll over another card. Then there was overpayment, so they sent me the $10. They were very professional and very well-spoken. They were amazing and I had excellent communication with whoever picked up the phone. But to improve their process, they could reach out every couple of months or couple of weeks, just to see how everything's going. They could ask if we wanted to change the amount or if there was any new program or option that they would ant to share the information with. That would’ve been good because it was pretty quiet most of the time.

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for leaving us a review and your feedback on how we may have better served you. After a program is up and running, we only contact clients when there items needing attention. This allows our phone lines to be open to clients when calling in with questions. I will pass your feedback along that you felt calls every few weeks to months would have been helpful. It's important to hear your perspective!

Congratulations on completing your program and becoming debt free! We wish you the best!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

When I started with the program, there was some confusion was relating to interest rates that might be gotten because I had balances on a number of credit cards. But also, for example, with three American Express cards, which two am I giving up. But once that was cleared up, which didn't take long, the experience was just fine. They still worked for some time with the staff in Philadelphia, who were always very responsive when I called. And once COVID hit and the calls are being taken out in the Upper Midwest, there was still good responsiveness in communication.

I dealt with two individuals in particular in the Philadelphia group and things were going so well that I really didn't have much occasion to check in for over a year. Then the COVID hit and after that, it seemed to be whoever got the call. But everyone was very knowledgeable and punctual. I don't know if that would've been true if I had missed payments but we had established a baseline that I could meet and there was never any problem with my payments. So it all went very smoothly. Some folks met their obligations to me, which enabled me to pay off the whole debt a month or so ago.

I have talked to groups that promise low interest rates and to two individuals who independently have negotiated to get some of the debt eliminated. But that was not my aim. We were at 12% when we negotiated the payments. I wasn't asking for any reduction in the principal. I was just wanting to schedule out the monthly payments at a rate that I was comfortable with and I had hoped that we would be able to negotiate a little lower interest rate.

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for us! The beginning is often the most difficult time of the program. This is especially true if there are creditors with policies related to other debts. I apologize for any frustration that occurred at that time. I am glad to hear it all worked out to your satisfaction. As you mentioned, GreenPath does not attempt to reduce the principal balance. We help clients pay the debt in full and contact creditors for concessions such as lower interest rates.

We were excited that we deployed our call center to work remotely very quickly. This allowed us to continue servicing our clients and keep our employees safe.

Congratulations to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I had a lot of credit card debt. I'm part of a union so my paychecks were direct deposited into that account. I went into my credit union and asked them if they had any program, because I didn't want to use the ones that are on commercials. I called GreenPath and I spoke to a woman. She was very friendly and not pushy. She asked me about my income, and told me how much it would take to pay all of my bills. I was very comfortable talking to her and felt that I made the right decision. A couple of times that I was able to save up a little extra money and pay off a bill ahead of time, they helped me manage that and then manage paying more, putting more money towards the other debts. And then, anytime I wanted to talk to them about something, it was very easy to get ahold of them. And they were just always helpful.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Your Financial Wellness Expert was Lori. I will be sure to pass along your feedback about her, she will love it! Congratulations on paying off 19 credit cards - that is an amazing accomplishment.

I will you all the best!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I needed to get rid of a lot of debt. I needed a plan. I'm a busy person, and I needed help. I called GreenPath and I talked to some guy who I remembered being awesome. We talked for like an hour and a half. He got it done. I was impressed with the execution. It was like, “Okay, what do you have? Let's knock out this budget, let's knock down these papers.” He made it doable for me at that time, and I just jumped in. There were times when I was like, “Okay, I'm paying this service a lot of money for something I could totally, really do by myself.” But it was 100% worth the value because I never had to think about it. Money just came out. Now, I'm done with all that debt.” It was a really great experience.

It wasn't on their end, but I felt bad that I couldn't utilize more of the updates and the budgeting help, and that kind of training that their offer that I probably could really benefit from in my life. I was just so busy. They sent the emails and created the curriculum. I just wish I could have taken advantage of it more. If I ever hear of anybody like this, I'll absolutely send them to GreenPath.

Hi Jennifer,

You spoke with William! I am glad to hear you connected with him and came out of that appointment knowing you had an option of signing up with us or handling debt repayment on your own. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. we know life is busy - you are always welcome to use the materials on our website. Best wishes!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

GreenPath was recommended to me by my credit union. They're helping me eliminate some debt. Everybody was great. They helped me out tremendously. They explained everything perfectly, and it went exactly how they explained it. I recommend the company to anybody I know who's struggling with any kind of financial difficulties with excessive credit cards. I was able to complete the program ahead of time and it was awesome. It was a huge relief when I did it at the time. It helped me out a ton and got me back on my feet. I'm completely credit card debt free and ready to buy a new house.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review for us and for being willing to refer others to us. Additionally, we appreciate your credit union referring you to us to identify financial options to best meet your needs. We know becoming debt free is not an easy task - you did all the hard work.

Congratulations and best wishes!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The one that was taking me to court recommended me to GreenPath. They helped me out and it worked out for me. They understood what I was going through and helped me set everything up and set up a plan. We came to an agreement how much I would pay, and that worked out well on my end. They just take out a certain amount every week, and I don't have to worry about it. They took care of it. And then, every time I would speak to them, they seemed to have a solution. Working with them has made things a bit easier. I'm not stressing about the bill collectors calling me, so I have a peace of mind.

Hi Jorge,

I am so glad to hear that a creditor recommended to call us and we were able to facilitate a payment plan that fit in your budget. Financial stress brings a heavy burden for so many and having a peace of mind is important. Congratulations to you Jorge!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Although it was daunting to pay $1,500 per month, words can’t fully describe how happy my husband and I when we made our last payment (and earlier than anticipated)! Their customer service was always excellent. This was a great solution for us to crawl our way out of our debt. I highly recommend GreenPath.

Hi Amy,

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Repaying $64,000 of debt is not easy and should be celebrated! I am also happy to hear our staff provided excellent customer service. You did all the hard work and we were here to support you along the way.

Best wishes!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

GreenPath has been a resourceful tool to assist with debt management and consolidation. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the company and how GreenPath can help you with achieving your goals. Communication is key with any program, but especially this one. Ensure you are meeting your goals with realistic expectations and financial planning.

Hi Felicia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! You did all of the hard work and congratulations to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Truly a an amazing service and very blessed and fortunate to have used GreenPath. Can’t say thank you enough for all they did for me. I have told many people about GP and will continue to express my excitement in regards to the service. Thank You!

Hi Matt,

Congratulations on all your accomplishment and thank you for referring others to us. We know the process of paying off debt is not easy and you did it. We will share with staff your excitement and appreciation of us!

Best wishes!

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Joining Greenpath helped me to feel some relief when I realized I could not keep up with my credit card payments. The tone of the whole service is very positive, which helped me endure in paying off debt, stay hopeful during the process, and remember that I could eventually be debt-free. At times when my income was very low, they worked with me to lower my monthly total payment that went towards all my cards. Whenever I had questions, they answered clearly, in-depth, and promptly. It was really nice to know that they knew what they were talking about, and had accurate information about my account. I’m now debt free. Thank you!

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. You did all the hard work, and we provided the support. I am happy to read that staff were helpful and answered all your questions timely and accurately.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

GreenPath provided a clear and positive experience in paying off my debt. They guided me along the way, with my only complaints being a little slow to get responses from online messages, but they were quickly available by phone call. I'm unbelievably grateful for their service.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You are right, I can see the time it took to respond to your portal messages took longer than we would have wanted you to experience. Your feedback will be noted. I am glad to hear otherwise all worked well.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Four years ago I was feeling overwhelmed with my debt. It was a dark time in my life as I was going through a separation. One of my creditors referred me to GreenPath Debt Solutions. The team was courteous, professional and supportive every step of the way. I finally had an attainable plan. I managed to pay off my debt a few months early, and now I am realizing my dream of homeownership. I cannot thank GreenPath enough. My credit is great, and my future looks promising. I have been sharing my experience with coworkers and friends, encouraging them to take the step towards financial wellness.

Hi Rochelle!

Thank you to your creditor for referring you to us and encouraging others to look at their financial wellness journey.

Going through a separation causes a budget to change immensely and is one of life's most challenging times. I am glad to read that our staff and process met your needs and provided the guidance needed to be successful.

We wish you all the best!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

After several attempts to manage my credit card debt, I finally looked into a debt consolidation plan. GreenPath was so easy, flexible, and kept me on the right path! They contacted all my credit card companies to negotiate payments & lower interest rates while on the plan. I was able to get rid of 17k in credit card debt in less than 4 years! I can finally save, & feel free of being chained to my debt.

Hi Lisa,

I am glad you found us and our process met your needs! You are not the only client to feel chained by debt. So many clients feel that heavy burden and it takes a toll on us!

Congratulations on all that you've accomplished. Best wishes!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I am very happy with the service I received during 4 years.. They did all my payments on time and every time I I had a question they were very professional answering my questions. Also, it was easy to check my account online. Thank you for your service. Now I am free of debts.

Hi Leybi,

Congratulations on completing your program. I am glad to read that everything was timely and you found our staff professional - we are here to help.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Very happy with Green Path working with me and successfully getting my debts paid. I am fortunate I started before COVID and know many Americans will soon begin this task as a result. Thank you Green Path for guidance and patience in this process.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to read you found guidance and patience in the process. You are right, the impacts of COVID are causing a financial strain on so many right now.

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I had a great experience working with Green Path. I thought I would never be free of the debt. They were so kind and understanding and respectful. I would tell anyone...DO IT! Painless. Still hard to believe I am done! My brain says sometimes.."Oh. No payment this month!" Thank you GreenPath!!

Hi Peggy,

Congratulations! You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We wish you all the best!

Best wishes,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Terrible experience with Capital One and Green Path. They’re both crooked. They’re both coldhearted and scams that work together. Won’t lower anything. But will take your money and tell you they will lower your bill. Even If you were diagnosed with cancer. They don’t have hardship so they send you to green path. They will convince you they can help but when you get your bill it’s exactly the same. The interest rate is exactly the same. But you will have paid green path. No help scam companies. I hope they get the justice they deserve and the consequences they deserve.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with GreenPath. GreenPath’s Compliance Department has reviewed your file and this is what we found.

You contacted us on July 14, 2020 looking for a hardship for your Capital One account. We received a signed Debt Management Program (DMP) agreement from you and through the (DMP) Capital One lowered your annual percentage rate to 1.9%. From reading your review and the notes from when you called us on August 10, 2020, we understand it was upsetting that your Capital One bill did not show the new payment DMP payment of $36 on the August bill statement. On August 10, 2020 the GreenPath employee conference called Capital One with you. The Capital One employee stated they generated your August bill on August 2, 2020 and you were enrolled in the DMP on August 6, 2020. Therefore, the August payment due had not updated to the DMP terms. This means, the difference of the two payments is still due.

Our DMP agreement states that in order to stay current, clients should pay the difference between the regular monthly payment and the new DMP payment until the creditor updates the terms on the statement. The agreement indicates:

“What you'll need to know... Until your creditor accepts our proposal, it is suggested that you pay the difference between your minimum payment and the proposed program payment. This is usually suggested if your accounts are current or if you would prefer not to fall further behind.”

We understand it can be upsetting there is a difference due. We hope that comparing when they generated your bill statement in relationship to when they accepted the proposal, that helps to illustrate why your August payment due is higher than the DMP payment. Please note, it can take creditors 1-3 months to fully enroll the DMP terms once a proposal is accepted. We are confident you have a good program with an amazing interest rate. Should you want to discuss in more detail, please contact us.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I cannot say thank you enough for not being a bunch of scammers!! This company is true to every word and will go to bat for you against high interest, funds sucking companies! They will take your money and pay off your accounts! No B.S. will these guys/gals! Best in the biz and highly recommend them if you want to get out of debt! Thank you again! Love you guys! -Todd.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your review and recommending us to others. We really do care about helping consumers achieve their financial goals and becoming debt free.

Wishing you all the best!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

The staff has always been friendly whenever I had any questions. I am happy that I completed this program, slowly, but surely. I recommend due to the pleasant staff and flexible payment options. Green Path as a good place to start for resolving financial issues.

Hi Autumn,

Congratulations! I am glad to read you felt our staff were friendly and helpful. You did all the hard work, day by day, month by month!

Wishing you the best,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

GreenPath was a wonderful opportunity for me. Each employee was extraordinarily kind and helpful; so much so I took time in each call or email to express my appreciation. The training provided to what must be very carefully selected few is exemplary. It is a rare find! Thank you, thank you. Also the website is easy to navigate and very positive and uplifting in its verbiage. I always felt that GreenPath was cheering me on!

Hi Stephanie,

I was so happy to read your review - we really do try to come together and provide an excellent customer experience from all areas at GreenPath such as marketing, communication, talent development and so much more.

We will continue to cheer you on! Wishing you the best!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Greenpath was helpful getting my credit debt under control. I highly recommended the services that they provide. The online portal was very effective, I could see where I stood on a daily basis. The service representatives that worked the telephone lines were courteous and efficient.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review about us! We are glad to hear you liked our portal - many are finding it beneficial to seeing progress and being able to access their account 24/7. We will continue to improve the portal and soon our clients will have an app they can choose to download.

Best wishes,