4.8/5 (82 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have been with GreenPath for a few years and they’ve always been good through emailing and consistent about communicating and having that portal. So, the reliability has been great. When I initially signed up, they said what payments would be and how long it would take.

Hi Adrienne,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am glad to hear the portal has been helpful to you! We will continue to enhance the portal for future clients as well!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: July 26, 2021

The process was simple and they were forthcoming with the information that they needed to know. The biggest benefit with GreenPath is the negotiated rate so, I utilized that with the credit cards I could utilize that with but not with my bank credit cards which they didn't have a negotiated rate with because I could manage that myself. Some people might not be able to manage that themselves and would need the assistance of GreenPath.

I created my own payment plan with the credit cards I couldn’t utilize it with. The rep tried to explain to me but I didn't know the consequences of what he was saying until a month or two into the program. It would be helpful to know the first step and what the consequences are, that they’re gonna negotiate an arrangement with these companies so they don't want to blow it with this company which means that they’ll put me in the plan and they'll help me pay down the debt but it doesn't necessarily mean I'll get a better rate for this particular company. That part would help to be upfront with.

The rep was not deliberately not giving me the information but I just didn't understand the consequences of what he was saying. I went faster than the timeline. It was a challenge initially getting that into the program to meet those financial goals as I started needing their help. I was under employed for so long so there were a lot of things I was trying to catch up on. But I was satisfied with the timeframe.

Hi Sharolyn,

Thank you for leaving a detailed review. You are right, there are some creditors who may already have a low interest rate and may not offer a lower rate in the DMP. I am sorry the Financial Counselor did not explain it in a way that was helpful and clear to you when you first started in 2017. It is our expectation that the process is clear for our clients so that you feel equipped and empowered every step of the way.

Should you want to review your concerns in more detail, please feel free to call and ask for me. I would be happy to connect with you.

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: July 19, 2021

This company has not helped me lower my debt and in fact my debt has increased. Creditors are still charging interest. Very unhappy and would not recommend. I have followed barebones budget and have not added any credit. I have no credit cards, no savings and I am very anxious about my future.

Hi Lorie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath, like you, we do not want your debt to increase. We understand that to repay all of your debt the budget may become very tight and create unwanted stress and anxiety. I see you have recently called us to discuss options for your program.

Regarding interest rates, concessions are granted based on creditor policy and upon reviewing your signed agreement, none of your creditors reduce to 0% APR.

With regards to creditors where the balance is increasing, we will give you a call to better understand which account(s) so that we can be sure your program is working as designed.

Please continue to contact us to discuss options you have with regards to your creditors. We are here for you.

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: July 8, 2021

Working with GreenPath made life better. The payment plan was perfect and I paid it off early. At first, things were a little rocky, but they managed to get it all straightened out on their half and it went well. I was impressed with the way the senior management got involved and got everything back on track from when I first signed up with the original person that did it because some of the stuff wasn't correct.

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for leaving an honest review of your services with us. Unfortunately there are times when we make a mistake - and thank you for your patience when working to make it right. You were very committed to your DMP and you had amazing results. Congratulations on being debt free!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: July 2, 2021

We came to an agreement about how much it would be when the month comes. Everything went well with GreenPath. With a couple of months, that was the best thing.

Hi Sonia,

We are so happy you liked our program. We created the plan and you did all the hard work. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Original review: July 1, 2021

GreenPath is a great program. People are very kind and helpful. It has relieved my stress and just helped my life be so much easier. No more juggling who to pay when. I highly recommend this program. Keep helping people that are struggling.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of us. So often we hear juggling who to pay and when. We are so happy to hear we were able to create a plan that reduced that juggle.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Greenpath helped me achieve financial freedom. Every month I was confident that my money would go straight to pay my credit cards. I learned to stick to my budget and save money. I would recommend Greenpath to my family and friends.

Hi Carmen!

Creating a budget and sticking to a budget takes a lot of commitment and you did it! Thank you for recommending us to family and friends, we appreciate it!

We wish you all the best.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Initiated getting in this program because although we had the money we never had the money. It was becoming a constant struggle. Especially when I was laid off from work. But doing this program and completing it a shorter time frame than expected was priceless. I don't think we would have ever gotten out of the struggle otherwise. I'm truly grateful for this opportunity to work with this company. Everything just made sense and it worked like a charm!

Hi Alma,

Thank you for providing a review! For many the struggle may feel endless and we love sharing financial options for our clients. You did all the hard work!

Best wishes,

Original review: June 30, 2021

I would not be where I am today, if it wasn’t for GreenPath. The best decision I could have ever made for my credit card debt. After my first year with the program, I qualified for a lower interest rate for my car and my home 2 years later!! I am now credit card and credit card debt free, as GreenPath taught me better spending habits. Thank you GreenPath!!!

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to obtain lower interest rates for two major purchases, that is incredible. Congratulations on learning better spending habits and becoming debt free.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Great program. Highly recommended for anyone who has debt to get cleared up. Easy to follow. Agents have been amazing and extremely helpful. Very please with our outcome. I hope we continue to stay debt free. If there was a way to rate this company any higher I would totally be doing that. Please try.

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for reviewing us and providing honest feedback. You did all the hard work and we were there to support you. We wish you all the best!

Original review: June 30, 2021

They were off four months on payoff date, but the Customer Service Representatives were ALWAYS friendly and helpful. The fee was tough to handle sometimes, but we are paid off and ready to move on. Thanks for the help Greenpath.

Hi Renelle,

Thank you for leaving time for your review. We know it can be disappointing having the actual payoff date be different than what was forecasted. We try our best based on creditor policies and concessions. I noticed your agreement stated it would take 57 months to pay off your debts and it was completed in less than that - so that is great news. Feel free to call us should you want to discuss in more detail.

Congratulations and we wish you the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: June 25, 2021

They were extremely helpful. They met with me and the process was very simple. The hardest thing was coming up with a budget. I've never done that before and I wasn't used to doing it. I had to get organized enough to do that. But they were very helpful in how to do it. They gave me good and helpful feedback. So when I did have questions, they were there to answer. There was always somebody available. It might not be the same person, but it was somebody.

I paid off my debt with GreenPath. I built up my credit. I'm now listed having good credit, which has never happened in my life before. I'm very happy with that. I was real hesitant at first because I was opening up my failure to someone and that's hard to do. I felt like such a failure and an idiot. But they never ever made me feel bad about myself at all. They just took it and said, “This is what we do. People get in trouble and we help them get out”. It was great.

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt review. You are not alone, sharing finances and life events that cause us to get into debt is not easy. So often we are judged by others for circumstances beyond our control.

We are so happy to hear you have achieved your financial goals. We wish you the very best.

Compliance Department

Original review: June 24, 2021

All my debts are paid off and it took less time than I anticipated. The payments were prompt and they made it easy and accessible for me to make the payments. It was simple. I love working with GreenPath. They did a wonderful job.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The monthly fee seemed a little high for what was done, but the reps all were very nice, helpful and informative. It was a very pleasant experience. I would recommend that people work with GreenPath. They should work with them if the goal is to pay off the credit card debt and to de-stress. It relieves a lot of distress.

Original review: June 10, 2021

GreenPath collected all my information, asked what I thought that I would be able to afford weekly, and we ran with it. It was super simple, just direct deposit. I kind of forgot about it and went by faster than I expected it to. The program itself is awesome and I was thinking about starting a new program soon. If anybody needs help to consolidate their debt and get it paid off easily and quickly, GreenPath would definitely be the way to go.

Hi Ericka,

Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear the process of getting the program set up was simple. You are always welcomed to call us to review and accounts you have and financial options. We are here for you!

Compliance Department

Original review: June 2, 2021

GreenPath helped me. They understood how and where I got into debt. Every time I called, it was excellent. I was in the program for three years. I will always use GreenPath. They were wonderful and I would recommend them to everybody.

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for recommending us to others. We love hearing our staff provided excellent customer service when you called. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: May 26, 2021

I dug a big hole and GreenPath helped me climb out of it. They were very helpful. A lot of times we had to update the amount that I owed on a certain account and they were right there to help me with that. The program is wonderful. I got everything paid off in 3 years. I have 3 emails this morning about how my credit score went up. GreenPath is the easiest way to pay off your debt so you don't have to take out another loan and get even further in debt.

Hi Warren!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear you have become debt free in 3 years and your credit score improved - that is not an easy accomplishment. You did it!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 19, 2021

GreenPath helped me get out of my debt and I love them. I was in the program for three years and I didn't have to worry about anything. Customer service was up on things. I made sure I had that money in every paycheck. I made it easier for them because they didn't have to worry about anything. I just wish that when I was done, GreenPath should have gone to the creditors to make sure I was okay. I didn't know how to do that and I shouldn't have done that. That was why I went through GreenPath to take care of everything. Other than that, I've been okay and I had checked in to a lot of stuff. GreenPath said I'm okay so thank God for that. I just feel wonderful and I even told other people about the company. I actually got another woman in there.

Hi Claudette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath. We are glad to hear it reduced your worry and it was structured well. Thank you for your feedback regarding the payoff process, it will be passed along.

We wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: May 18, 2021

I called up the number for GreenPath and explained to the rep my situation. GreenPath helped me with my debt. I did their program twice. One was a couple of years ago and then just recently. I paid everything off so I'm out of debt now. It feels great and I can concentrate on other stuff. GreenPath is awesome. I've seen other debt programs on TV but this particular one really does help you. I was very satisfied.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of us! You are not alone, there are other clients who find a debt management program helps them achieve their financial goals again later in life.

Best wishes to you and congratulations!

Compliance Department

Original review: May 15, 2021

Our credit union suggested GreenPath because our son was trying to refinance his truck and wanted to up his credit score. He was comfortable with the timeframe and it was something that he could afford month-to-month. Every time that we talked to somebody at GreenPath, they were very helpful, informative and pleasant. I did get another person to try GreenPath and they're saying that it's been working for them extremely well too.

Hi Norma,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath and referring someone to GreenPath. We are glad to hear we were able to find an affordable option for you and our staff were great to work with. Congratulations and we wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: May 4, 2021

I am very satisfied with GreenPath's work. The reps kept me informed on what the plan was and we finished in a timely manner.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of us! We love hearing that you were satisfied with our services. Congratulations and best wished to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 30, 2021

GreenPath helped me a lot. They were able to help me fix my issue for the last couple of years. They split my payment in half and did everything for me. I didn't have to do anything. Two, three years later, I checked my account and I got 1,500 paid off. If I have any questions or issues, they work with me. They were willing to help me out with the price. I'm completely green, financially, which is awesome and GreenPath allowed me that flexibility. It’s life-changing. I was able to get my job back and everything was how I planned. My credit score went up to 750, 760. It’s an awesome program and I recommend it to everybody.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of us! We are happy to hear we were always able to help if you had questions or concerns. You did all the hard work, we were there to support you along the way! You are now back on your feet and it sounds like all is going well! We wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: April 29, 2021

The enrollment process of GreenPath has been fairly easy. I talked to somebody and I sent him some information and some documents. They did everything, gave me a couple of options and I picked one. Any time I called, they were very helpful and nice. Any questions I've ever asked, they were always right there. Then I could go online and chat with them if I need something also. It was a wonderful experience to do. It never was a hassle. They never bothered me month after month. It was just peace of mind. There was one month that the payment due fell a few days before my paycheck came in and I called. They moved it up a few days or back where it would be right after my paycheck. They were excellent. I would definitely recommend GreenPath.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath! We are so happy to hear that we were able to answer your questions via telephone and online chat. You did all the hard work and we were just there to support you along the way!

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 20, 2021

Working with GreenPath made things simpler. The reps kind of did the work for me and contacted the creditors on my behalf. It's one of those things where I was able to do it and forget it and I was able to achieve the goal that I was looking for pretty effortlessly. I'm glad I found GreenPath.

Hi Sheena,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy we were able to partner with you to achieve your financial goals by making it easier to manage. You certainly are not alone in feeling that way!

Compliance Department

Original review: April 19, 2021

It was interesting how GreenPath had its website layout and customer service set up. If there was a link I needed, I was able to find it without searching on their website, which is incredibly not a common thing. Also, the reps are very accommodating and they respond quickly. But setting up an alert system for whether a payment was missed or is coming up would help customers. An alert through SMS would be best, especially since there's an app that already connects to the phone. I'm sure there's a way they could program SMS notifications or enable push notifications or that kind of nature. Other than that, it was an overall simple, straightforward, and manageable experience.

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, specifically the website and how well are staff were able to help you. I passed along your feedback with regards to SMS notifications - thank you! We are always looking at methods to help our clients achieve their goals!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 16, 2021

During a holiday, I was trying to chat with a rep and it didn't ever indicate to me that they were closed early for the holiday. My payday was not falling where I was going to be able to make that month's payment. So, that was a struggle and by the time I was able to get ahold of them, it was too late to change the payment. But everything was great. They did a great job.

Hi Jo,

I am sorry to hear that our holiday hours added extra stress. I am glad to hear otherwise everything went well! We know paying of debt is not easy - and you did it! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 12, 2021

GreenPath saved my family's financial wellbeing. If we didn't take advantage of the opportunity to utilize their debt management program, our financial stability and where we are today would not be possible. We have since paid off all of our debts and purchased a new home for our growing family.

Hi Shaina,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you have also bought a new home - very exciting. You did all the hard work, we just provided support to make it happen. Congratulations to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 11, 2021

Greenpath helped us resolve our debt and negotiated many of our creditors down to a 1-5% apr. Our monthly payments were affordable and we were able to get out of debt 14 months earlier than expected. Because of Greenpath’s program, we were able to avoid bankruptcy. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is struggling to resolve their credit debt.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for leaving a review of us! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your program and it worked well for you. We know it isn't easy - and you did it!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was very happy with their service and was able to be debt free within 5 years. They kept my payments affordable and constantly educated me on financial goals so that I constantly stay on track. This even helped me pay off my debt sooner than expected. Just glad that now that I have full knowledge on how to maintain a good credit history. We can now start saving for a family vacation.

Hi Dianna,

Wonderful news! We know paying off debt is not easy, and then to pay it off sooner than expected is incredible. I am happy to hear we found a payment amount that was affordable and we provided education you found helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review - and congratulations!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was in deep with debt and GreenPath made it easy and manageable to get out of debt without ruining my credit. Just one monthly payment. The app also helped with the motivation to keep making payments. I Highly recommend. It changed my life.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You did all the hard work, we just put the plan together. I am happy to hear that you found it manageable and you'd recommend us to others.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information