4.9/5 (87 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: April 16, 2021

During a holiday, I was trying to chat with a rep and it didn't ever indicate to me that they were closed early for the holiday. My payday was not falling where I was going to be able to make that month's payment. So, that was a struggle and by the time I was able to get ahold of them, it was too late to change the payment. But everything was great. They did a great job.

Hi Jo,

I am sorry to hear that our holiday hours added extra stress. I am glad to hear otherwise everything went well! We know paying of debt is not easy - and you did it! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 12, 2021

GreenPath saved my family's financial wellbeing. If we didn't take advantage of the opportunity to utilize their debt management program, our financial stability and where we are today would not be possible. We have since paid off all of our debts and purchased a new home for our growing family.

Hi Shaina,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you have also bought a new home - very exciting. You did all the hard work, we just provided support to make it happen. Congratulations to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 11, 2021

Greenpath helped us resolve our debt and negotiated many of our creditors down to a 1-5% apr. Our monthly payments were affordable and we were able to get out of debt 14 months earlier than expected. Because of Greenpath’s program, we were able to avoid bankruptcy. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is struggling to resolve their credit debt.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for leaving a review of us! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your program and it worked well for you. We know it isn't easy - and you did it!

We wish you all the best!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was very happy with their service and was able to be debt free within 5 years. They kept my payments affordable and constantly educated me on financial goals so that I constantly stay on track. This even helped me pay off my debt sooner than expected. Just glad that now that I have full knowledge on how to maintain a good credit history. We can now start saving for a family vacation.

Hi Dianna,

Wonderful news! We know paying off debt is not easy, and then to pay it off sooner than expected is incredible. I am happy to hear we found a payment amount that was affordable and we provided education you found helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review - and congratulations!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was in deep with debt and GreenPath made it easy and manageable to get out of debt without ruining my credit. Just one monthly payment. The app also helped with the motivation to keep making payments. I Highly recommend. It changed my life.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You did all the hard work, we just put the plan together. I am happy to hear that you found it manageable and you'd recommend us to others.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Original review: April 10, 2021

GreenPath was super helpful in getting our family out of debt! Always had knowledgeable people on the phone and chat. I'd recommend the program to everyone trying to get out of debt! I was thoroughly satisfied with the guidance and customer service we received!

Hi Travis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am happy to hear you found our phone and chat customer service helpful and answered your questions.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Helped me tremendously. I can’t even explain it! My first CC ended up being my worst and such a young age! So thank you very much! Affordable monthly payment. No hassle with the CC company. Great APR. Automatically came out of account so I didn’t worry about a missed payment schedule. Always received an account summary.

Hi Lacey,

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing your experience. And you are not alone, so many others start accumulating debt at a young age. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I am thrilled with the experience I had with Greenpath. I wouldn’t have been able to pay off my debt without them! Everyone I spoke to was very nice and helpful any time I called for any reason. They were clear and I felt I could trust them.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for GreenPath. I am so happy to hear the staff were able to provide the assistance you were looking for when you called. Congratulations to you!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: April 3, 2021

They told me what they can do, what the program was all about, and how it worked. It sounded like what I was looking for and it turned out that it was. Their communication with the creditors wasn't always the best towards the end about exactly what was owed. But I think that was more the creditor and with the number of clients, which may be too much to keep up on individually.

Hi James,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations toward the end of your program. I will review your file regarding communication with creditors during the end of your program. It is important to us to ensure we serviced your account correctly.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 1, 2021

I completed what the program asked me to pay, and then I got out of it as quickly as I could. The reps were nice. But they said that they were going to do things that they didn't do. So being nice is one thing, but actually doing the thing that you said you're going to do is more important. Also, they told me that the program was completed, but it never linked up one of my accounts. It was never paying for that account. So I still have a debt there. It dinged my credit and hurt it pretty badly. Because I was in this program instead of independently paying things off, it impacted my ability to get a loan.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the feedback, I can imagine how leaving an account out would be disappointing. We will review your file to make sure all the debts included in your signed agreement were adding to the program and try to understand what happened. I will also make sure we explained if if a debt was left off, it can always be added.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Compliance Department

Original review: March 17, 2021

I am so glad we contacted GreenPath for assistance in becoming debt free! They were so helpful and understanding. They made the process simple. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to pay off their debt and feel financial freedom!

Hi Mindi,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are so glad you contacted us and we were able to help you. We created the plan and you did all the hard work! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 15, 2021

I am very happy with Greenpath's customer service. Every time I needed to call in, or message someone online there was someone available to answer with a smile quickly and effectively. I did not feel rushed or pressured to do things a certain way. I was able to modify my payment plan several times and ended up paying earlier than expected. Thanks!!!

Hi Deili,

We are excited to hear you were greeted with staff who were able to answer all of your questions with a smile! We know calling in can be overwhelming. Congratulations on your accomplishment and we wish you all the best!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: March 14, 2021

I signed up with Greenpath to manage credit card debt and was grateful for the low interest rates they were able to negotiate with the banks. My debts have been paid down efficiently. I’m less inclined to panic or make sudden decisions about debt, and I learned how to think things through. Money management wasn’t always my strong suit. I wish I had reached this level of confidence and ability earlier in my life, but I’m happy to be here. You have to learn from your mistakes, and Greenpath makes that possible. I often recommend Greenpath to others and I thank the friend who sent me to Greenpath in 2010.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for providing a review of us! We are so happy to hear you've been able to repay your debt in full and feeling more confident with regards to money management. So many are like you, we have to learn from mistakes. You stuck to your plan and you accomplished your goals! Please thank your friend on behalf of us!

All the best,

Original review: March 13, 2021

Working with Greenpath gave me back my life. From my first phone call through my final payment, GP reps exceeded my expectations every single time. Their knowledge, kindness, empathy, advice and action was outstanding. I paid off about $60K in debt over the course of 5+ years. I was fortunate that I never missed a payment and what seemed like an impossible feat became reality. When I came to GP, I had amassed a great deal of credit card debt; I wasn't late but I was only making minimum payments - I would have never been able to pay off those debts without GP's advocacy and service.

Hi Teri!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of GreenPath. We know repaying debt is not easy and I am so happy to hear our staff offered the right support to you when contacting us. Congratulations to you and we wish you all the best.

Original review: March 13, 2021

GreenPath helped me so much. They helped collect my financial burdens after my divorce. They were able to contact banks and credit services I didn’t have access to, and constructed a plan that worked for everyone. I recommend GreenPath to everyone.

Hi Terren,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. I am happy to hear our plan worked well for you. Thank you for referring others to us, we are passionate about helping clients achieve their financial goals!

All the best,

Original review: March 13, 2021

Using Green Path has genuinely been one of the best decisions I've ever made for my future. As a young college student and not aware of how important credit was, I found myself in a lot of debt and thanks to Green Path I have been able to get rid of that debt and focus on saving towards my future goals. I am extremely happy with this service and will continue to recommend it to anyone that finds themselves in the predicament that I was in.

Hi Lizbeth!

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. You are not alone, so many other college students find themselves utilizing credit cards. We are so glad you called us and you are debt free and able to save now! You did all the hard work! Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Original review: March 13, 2021

After 2 years I was happy to have been done with my payments thanks to your loyal & diligent customer service that kept me grounded. The reminders, the phone calls and the automatic payments that helped my credit improved is because of GreenPath. I’m grateful for the experience.

Hi Abby,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath! I am glad to hear our customer service offered the right mix reminders, automation, and support. You did all the hard work! Congratulations to you!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: March 10, 2021

GreenPath helped me set everything up and kept me informed during my credit journey. I doubt if I would have accomplished this without their help! I would most definitely recommend this company. I am now debt free! Thank you to all the people who helped me accomplish my goal.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath. We love being a place of support and encouragement! We know repaying debt is not easy. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 7, 2021

I got over my head in credit card debt, and Greenpath helped get everything back under control, as well as paid off. They never called and harassed me about payments, but they were there to answer all my questions, with a simple phone call.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are always happy to help with questions, we know things come up along the way! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 2, 2021

The process was fast and efficient. GreenPath's reps worked well. Working with GreenPath helped my life tremendously.

Hi Yolanda,

Thank you for leaving a review - I am so glad to hear the process was efficient and worked well for you. We wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I had a very good experience with GreenPath. I wish though that they would have done more as far as debt counseling while I was in the program. That would have been appreciated. Also, one service representative told me something that GreenPath could do but when I inquired about it, they said they couldn't do it. It was something about financial investing after you graduate from the program. But as far as the program went, they did what they were supposed to do. Everybody was really helpful and the program was everything that I needed it to be. They've been really wonderful. I finished the program exactly at the time they projected I would and I am very pleased. I'm so happy to be debt-free.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath! I will review your account for any misinformation provided to you, please accept my apologies. You accomplished a lot during your time with us and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The enrollment process was long. We were so broke and they were asking me questions and trying to break everything down off of my boyfriend's minimum-wage job. It was stressful because they were breaking apart all of our finances and bills according to the little money we had. But since working with GreenPath, there's the ease of not having to deal with creditors. I could just make that one payment to them. They focused on distributing the payments on their due dates and I just had to focus on one due date.

The only flaw at the time was sometimes I waited forever on hold and the app took a while for it to kind of get up and going. Also, there were a couple of times in the beginning when I was late with GreenPath. I didn't realize for a while that I was behind on payments because they didn't tell me. I wish I knew about that in the beginning. Other than that, I was very satisfied overall. I was able to get out of my debt and not have to think that bankruptcy was the only option. Had it not been for GreenPath, I don't think I would have paid off any of this stuff. I would have waited the whole seven years for my credit.

Hi Nidia,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. You are right about the hold times, we had a period of time when the wait time was too long to speak with a representative. We know that was frustrating for you and many others. With regards to being late with creditors at the beginning, it is the expectation we tell our clients to pay the difference until the creditor accepted the payment plan and updates the terms and conditions. I will be sure to review your file - we always want that explanation to be clear and I apologize if it was not.

You accomplished a lot during your time with us and it is not easy to pay off credit card debt. We wish you all best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GreenPath sounded like a company that we could work with, so we decided to work with them. Once we set the program up, there was nothing else for us to do but to let the process work. It was a set-it-up-and-forget-it type of deal. GreenPath would send us updates as to where we were in the process and as the creditors started getting paid off, they would send us emails. We're done paying the program off. So, it all worked out for us. We got out of some debt that we really needed to get out of.

Hi Rigoberto!

Thank you for leaving a review! You accomplished a lot while you were on your DMP and I am happy to hear you found the email communication helpful and kept you updated as needed. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

GreenPath's enrollment process was easy. The entire process was easy. When cards are done being paid, GreenPath just sends out notices saying, “Hey, just keep in mind that there's interest that accrues. So make sure you pay that once we're done with it.” Say you're consolidating 10 credit cards, and you're paying for it directly to one source, and two or three of them will close that out around the same time, it'd be nice to get a little more education on maybe how to clear those out just so they don’t hit your report. I had somebody hit my credit report like six months ago. It was 12 cents I owed, and it affected my credit. But outside of that, it’s a really seamless process.

The portal is amazing. It allows me to be able to track my progress through the app and I was able to see where I was. It was cool because I got to reach different milestones in the credit card journey. I'm glad that I did go with GreenPath. My financial literacy has gone up, I’m a lot more conscious about my credit card spending and I feel like I'm a much more responsible credit card user.

Hi Hosam,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. Thank you for your feedback regarding the payoff process. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the program and have more knowledge and confidence regarding your finances! We wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

When I was doing my research online, GreenPath was rated very well and they seemed straightforward compared to the other ones that I had searched. That's mainly why we chose them almost four years ago. Now, we've completed program and every single one of the reps were A plus. I had no issues at all over the course. The system was archaic before, but I'm glad that they updated and upgraded their online channels. It made it a lot easier to manage and find everything as well as to communicate. GreenPath made life a lot easier. It was one of the best decisions we've made in our life and we are very grateful for them providing quick service and finding out the exact plan that we had to go through with the least amount of pushback or hiccups.

Hi Jonathan!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and acknowledging our staff who work so hard behind the scenes. We agree our old system needed a major upgrade - you are 100% right about that! I am happy to hear you like the new portal better and we hope you had a chance to download our app when your program was open.

Congratulations and we wish you the all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I was in credit card debt. I enrolled with GreenPath and I like the consolidation of the debt as well as the low monthly payment. They worked really nice with me on that and they did a great job, so I was happy.

Hi Laura,

We love hearing your positive feedback and that our staff were able to help you and provide the customer service you were looking for. Wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Green Path helped us manage our debt and be able to pay it off and not have to file bankruptcy. They were always available to help with any questions or problems we had. We were able to pay our debt off early and are finally debt free!

Hi Mary!

Yes, you did it! We know it feels like the plan will take forever, but you did it, one creditor at a time! I am so happy to hear that our staff were able to answer questions and help with any problems that up.

Congrats and we wish you the best!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I had been paying very high interest on several accts for many years and made many attempts to get the rates reduced. They had gone extremely high due to the fact I was in the hospital for 6 weeks - 2-1/2 weeks unconscious and I always took care of the bills so my husband was clueless. Thank you for helping us get these rates dropped and we made our last payment in Dec, 2020!! Hallelujah! I would recommend you to everyone!

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. High interest rates can be very overwhelming for many - you are not alone and we are so glad you found us! We hope that you are feeling well and feeling a sense of relief now that you've accomplished paying off your accounts. We know it's not easy and you did it!

Congratulations to you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We want to thank Greenpath for helping us to be on top of our finances again! Everyone was very helpful, kind and supportive of our journey. Feels good to be free of debt! We would highly recommend you! God bless!

Hi Deena,

I love hearing our staff were helpful, kind, and supportive. I am so glad you are feeling the relief of being debt free. We know it is not easy and you did it!

Wishing you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I used GreenPath to consolidate and pay off my credit card debt. I had absolutely no issues from the minute I started, until officially paying my debt off this winter. Everyone I spoke with along the way was kind, knowledgeable, and more than happy to help me. I had all information I needed provided to me, and I felt comfortable from the very beginning. Without their help, I would have spent another decade trying to manage my debt. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Hi Erica!

We are so glad you called us. You are not alone and so many others feel this way about their never ending cycle of debt. I love hearing how helpful and kind our staff were. We know there are a lot of feelings regarding debt and we want to take away that feeling of judgement.

You did it! Best wishes.