2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

View More View More
GreenPath Financial Wellness(844) 211-1189

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Great way to pay off debt. Didn’t agree that the fee charged doesn’t change once the balance is reduced. Having to pay a $50 monthly fee when my balance was under $2000 wasn’t fair..and for a company helping people get out of debt...made it take longer to pay the debt off with that fee.

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your review.

Our fees are governed by state regulations. The state of Illinois is a "Debt Count" state, meaning that there is a set amount that Illinois clients will be charged per debt they have on the program, to a maximum of $50. The GreenPath fee for IL is $10/debt.

The fee is not, and in Illinois cannot be determined based upon the dollar amount of debt that is on the program. I am sorry that this colored your experience with our program in a negative way.

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My wife went through GreenPath, and I had a couple of bills that I had high interest rates on. She gave me the number and I tried them and I liked them. I have completed everything, and what I went through was simple and easy. Their customer service was polite, answered all my questions, and went out of their way to help me out. They would check with me periodically. I have completed everything, and what I went through was simple and easy. I recommend anybody to use them.

Dear Michael,

Please give our thanks to your wife for referring you to us! And thanks to you, as well, for your review. Simple and easy is just what we hope our process is for our clients!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have already recommended the program to others. My sister signed up for it after I told her how stress free it was. Realizing those accounts being paid off and then being allowed to move money to other accounts set me on my path to financial freedom! Thank you!

Dear Susan,

Thank you for referring your sister to us! Getting clients on the path to financial freedom is so important to us and what we believe in as a company. We are extremely pleased that you feel you are on that path!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

GreenPath has helped so much with getting us back on our feet and pay off all our debt. I cannot be more grateful for them and everything they have ever done for us. I have an immense appreciation for them.

Dear Emerson,

We are so pleased that we were able to help you out! Congratulations on paying off your debt - we appreciated having you as a client.

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

A bill led me to seek GreenPath's services and the rapport that they were doing with me that made me go with them. When I call, they are very receptive. They are also knowledgeable about how to go about the concerns with my recision problem, how collections work, and how bills work. I was impressed that the reps were always friendly. They were always offering advice or guidance, even if it wasn’t directly dealing with the issues. The enrollment process was really easy. They broke down information and walked me through it- what this was, what that was, and what the payments were. And they were really easy to access from my email. They worked together with me so the payment was the amount I could afford. It was reasonable and they definitely did their part. Working with GreenPath has made my life better. I would definitely refer them to a friend who has similar issues.

Dear Marcelius,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always great to hear when clients felt our process was easy and our communication thorough - this is what we strive for! Thank you in advance for any friends or acquaintances you may send our way!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

DuPont Community Credit Union recommended GreenPath to me. When I enrolled, their reps worked with me very well. They were very professional, always answered my questions and always took care of me. I was very comfortable working with my rep and they made my payment plan work with what my income was. GreenPath's service was a good deal for what they were doing for me. I went with another company before and I didn’t understand their process at all. They didn’t contact any of my creditors and I was still sweating. On the other hand, GreenPath notified them immediately. It was an excellent service to have.

Dear Sandra,

Thank you to DuPont for recommending you to us! I am happy to hear that you felt our process was transparent and understandable. We want our clients to feel at ease with their program!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

In the beginning, I had to do a lot of the legwork myself and I wasn’t expecting that. I was expecting to give them all of my information and for them to set up the deals with everybody. So, it was a lot more interaction with me upfront. But once everything was set up, it was easy ‘cause they took it out of your bank account and then paid everybody. The payment plan was set up pretty well. The representative was really nice. I’ve also contacted customer support several times, and they were always thorough and quick. Anytime I had more than what I needed in my GreenPath account, they would call me and ask me what I wanted to do with it. So, I appreciate that. I had GreenPath for two years before I cancelled the services ‘cause I paid off all of my debts early.

Dear Tameula,

Getting a Debt Management Program set up can be a bit of work. We do our best to make it stress-free for our clients, but there is definitely an element of partnership to it. It does feel great once you get it to that "set it and forget it" phase, doesn't it?

Congratulations on paying off your debts early! That's an amazing accomplishment!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My credit union referred me to GreenPath and helped me set it up. The program they helped me with is based on a monthly payment taken out of my check. That payment is on my Walmart credit card. I talked to GreenPath's reps when I set my program up and things sounded good to me. My credit card is all paid off now.

Dear Eugene,

Congratulations on paying off your Walmart credit card! We are so happy for you! Best of luck to you going forward.

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

When I read a couple of reviews, GreenPath seemed to be good, which made me reach out to them. The enrollment process was easy. They walked me through it very well and the person that I had was very helpful. They sat down with the info we gave them, negotiated the rate and got it done. The quality of GreenPath's service in relation to the cost was awesome. It was far beyond my expectations. Working with them cut away all the stress. We’ve completed the program and it helped me eliminate all of our debt and got us back on track to living a better life. Moreover, it didn’t really affect our credit at all.

Dear Ken,

We are so glad you reached out to us, and even happier you had such a positive experience with the Debt Management Program. We do our best to make sure being on the DMP is as stress-free as possible for our clients.

Best of luck to you and congratulations on eliminating your debt!

Compliance and Quality Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

My experience with GreenPath was all positive. We consolidated some credit card debt and just paid it off monthly very easily. It was a real human being every time we called.

Dear Jillian,

Some things need a real human touch, which is what we try to give each of our clients at GreenPath. We are very glad you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for being our client!

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information