2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

4.9/5 (90 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: June 24, 2021

All my debts are paid off and it took less time than I anticipated. The payments were prompt and they made it easy and accessible for me to make the payments. It was simple. I love working with GreenPath. They did a wonderful job.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The monthly fee seemed a little high for what was done, but the reps all were very nice, helpful and informative. It was a very pleasant experience. I would recommend that people work with GreenPath. They should work with them if the goal is to pay off the credit card debt and to de-stress. It relieves a lot of distress.

Original review: June 10, 2021

GreenPath collected all my information, asked what I thought that I would be able to afford weekly, and we ran with it. It was super simple, just direct deposit. I kind of forgot about it and went by faster than I expected it to. The program itself is awesome and I was thinking about starting a new program soon. If anybody needs help to consolidate their debt and get it paid off easily and quickly, GreenPath would definitely be the way to go.

Hi Ericka,

Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear the process of getting the program set up was simple. You are always welcomed to call us to review and accounts you have and financial options. We are here for you!

Compliance Department

Original review: June 2, 2021

GreenPath helped me. They understood how and where I got into debt. Every time I called, it was excellent. I was in the program for three years. I will always use GreenPath. They were wonderful and I would recommend them to everybody.

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for recommending us to others. We love hearing our staff provided excellent customer service when you called. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: May 26, 2021

I dug a big hole and GreenPath helped me climb out of it. They were very helpful. A lot of times we had to update the amount that I owed on a certain account and they were right there to help me with that. The program is wonderful. I got everything paid off in 3 years. I have 3 emails this morning about how my credit score went up. GreenPath is the easiest way to pay off your debt so you don't have to take out another loan and get even further in debt.

Hi Warren!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear you have become debt free in 3 years and your credit score improved - that is not an easy accomplishment. You did it!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: May 19, 2021

GreenPath helped me get out of my debt and I love them. I was in the program for three years and I didn't have to worry about anything. Customer service was up on things. I made sure I had that money in every paycheck. I made it easier for them because they didn't have to worry about anything. I just wish that when I was done, GreenPath should have gone to the creditors to make sure I was okay. I didn't know how to do that and I shouldn't have done that. That was why I went through GreenPath to take care of everything. Other than that, I've been okay and I had checked in to a lot of stuff. GreenPath said I'm okay so thank God for that. I just feel wonderful and I even told other people about the company. I actually got another woman in there.

Hi Claudette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath. We are glad to hear it reduced your worry and it was structured well. Thank you for your feedback regarding the payoff process, it will be passed along.

We wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: May 18, 2021

I called up the number for GreenPath and explained to the rep my situation. GreenPath helped me with my debt. I did their program twice. One was a couple of years ago and then just recently. I paid everything off so I'm out of debt now. It feels great and I can concentrate on other stuff. GreenPath is awesome. I've seen other debt programs on TV but this particular one really does help you. I was very satisfied.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of us! You are not alone, there are other clients who find a debt management program helps them achieve their financial goals again later in life.

Best wishes to you and congratulations!

Compliance Department

Original review: May 15, 2021

Our credit union suggested GreenPath because our son was trying to refinance his truck and wanted to up his credit score. He was comfortable with the timeframe and it was something that he could afford month-to-month. Every time that we talked to somebody at GreenPath, they were very helpful, informative and pleasant. I did get another person to try GreenPath and they're saying that it's been working for them extremely well too.

Hi Norma,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath and referring someone to GreenPath. We are glad to hear we were able to find an affordable option for you and our staff were great to work with. Congratulations and we wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: May 4, 2021

I am very satisfied with GreenPath's work. The reps kept me informed on what the plan was and we finished in a timely manner.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of us! We love hearing that you were satisfied with our services. Congratulations and best wished to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 30, 2021

GreenPath helped me a lot. They were able to help me fix my issue for the last couple of years. They split my payment in half and did everything for me. I didn't have to do anything. Two, three years later, I checked my account and I got 1,500 paid off. If I have any questions or issues, they work with me. They were willing to help me out with the price. I'm completely green, financially, which is awesome and GreenPath allowed me that flexibility. It’s life-changing. I was able to get my job back and everything was how I planned. My credit score went up to 750, 760. It’s an awesome program and I recommend it to everybody.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of us! We are happy to hear we were always able to help if you had questions or concerns. You did all the hard work, we were there to support you along the way! You are now back on your feet and it sounds like all is going well! We wish you all the best.

Compliance Department

Original review: April 29, 2021

The enrollment process of GreenPath has been fairly easy. I talked to somebody and I sent him some information and some documents. They did everything, gave me a couple of options and I picked one. Any time I called, they were very helpful and nice. Any questions I've ever asked, they were always right there. Then I could go online and chat with them if I need something also. It was a wonderful experience to do. It never was a hassle. They never bothered me month after month. It was just peace of mind. There was one month that the payment due fell a few days before my paycheck came in and I called. They moved it up a few days or back where it would be right after my paycheck. They were excellent. I would definitely recommend GreenPath.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath! We are so happy to hear that we were able to answer your questions via telephone and online chat. You did all the hard work and we were just there to support you along the way!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 20, 2021

Working with GreenPath made things simpler. The reps kind of did the work for me and contacted the creditors on my behalf. It's one of those things where I was able to do it and forget it and I was able to achieve the goal that I was looking for pretty effortlessly. I'm glad I found GreenPath.

Hi Sheena,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy we were able to partner with you to achieve your financial goals by making it easier to manage. You certainly are not alone in feeling that way!

Compliance Department

Original review: April 19, 2021

It was interesting how GreenPath had its website layout and customer service set up. If there was a link I needed, I was able to find it without searching on their website, which is incredibly not a common thing. Also, the reps are very accommodating and they respond quickly. But setting up an alert system for whether a payment was missed or is coming up would help customers. An alert through SMS would be best, especially since there's an app that already connects to the phone. I'm sure there's a way they could program SMS notifications or enable push notifications or that kind of nature. Other than that, it was an overall simple, straightforward, and manageable experience.

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, specifically the website and how well are staff were able to help you. I passed along your feedback with regards to SMS notifications - thank you! We are always looking at methods to help our clients achieve their goals!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 16, 2021

During a holiday, I was trying to chat with a rep and it didn't ever indicate to me that they were closed early for the holiday. My payday was not falling where I was going to be able to make that month's payment. So, that was a struggle and by the time I was able to get ahold of them, it was too late to change the payment. But everything was great. They did a great job.

Hi Jo,

I am sorry to hear that our holiday hours added extra stress. I am glad to hear otherwise everything went well! We know paying of debt is not easy - and you did it! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 12, 2021

GreenPath saved my family's financial wellbeing. If we didn't take advantage of the opportunity to utilize their debt management program, our financial stability and where we are today would not be possible. We have since paid off all of our debts and purchased a new home for our growing family.

Hi Shaina,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you have also bought a new home - very exciting. You did all the hard work, we just provided support to make it happen. Congratulations to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 11, 2021

Greenpath helped us resolve our debt and negotiated many of our creditors down to a 1-5% apr. Our monthly payments were affordable and we were able to get out of debt 14 months earlier than expected. Because of Greenpath’s program, we were able to avoid bankruptcy. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is struggling to resolve their credit debt.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for leaving a review of us! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your program and it worked well for you. We know it isn't easy - and you did it!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was very happy with their service and was able to be debt free within 5 years. They kept my payments affordable and constantly educated me on financial goals so that I constantly stay on track. This even helped me pay off my debt sooner than expected. Just glad that now that I have full knowledge on how to maintain a good credit history. We can now start saving for a family vacation.

Hi Dianna,

Wonderful news! We know paying off debt is not easy, and then to pay it off sooner than expected is incredible. I am happy to hear we found a payment amount that was affordable and we provided education you found helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review - and congratulations!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I was in deep with debt and GreenPath made it easy and manageable to get out of debt without ruining my credit. Just one monthly payment. The app also helped with the motivation to keep making payments. I Highly recommend. It changed my life.

Hi Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You did all the hard work, we just put the plan together. I am happy to hear that you found it manageable and you'd recommend us to others.

Original review: April 10, 2021

GreenPath was super helpful in getting our family out of debt! Always had knowledgeable people on the phone and chat. I'd recommend the program to everyone trying to get out of debt! I was thoroughly satisfied with the guidance and customer service we received!

Hi Travis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am happy to hear you found our phone and chat customer service helpful and answered your questions.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Helped me tremendously. I can’t even explain it! My first CC ended up being my worst and such a young age! So thank you very much! Affordable monthly payment. No hassle with the CC company. Great APR. Automatically came out of account so I didn’t worry about a missed payment schedule. Always received an account summary.

Hi Lacey,

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing your experience. And you are not alone, so many others start accumulating debt at a young age. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I am thrilled with the experience I had with Greenpath. I wouldn’t have been able to pay off my debt without them! Everyone I spoke to was very nice and helpful any time I called for any reason. They were clear and I felt I could trust them.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for GreenPath. I am so happy to hear the staff were able to provide the assistance you were looking for when you called. Congratulations to you!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: April 3, 2021

They told me what they can do, what the program was all about, and how it worked. It sounded like what I was looking for and it turned out that it was. Their communication with the creditors wasn't always the best towards the end about exactly what was owed. But I think that was more the creditor and with the number of clients, which may be too much to keep up on individually.

Hi James,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations toward the end of your program. I will review your file regarding communication with creditors during the end of your program. It is important to us to ensure we serviced your account correctly.

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: April 1, 2021

I completed what the program asked me to pay, and then I got out of it as quickly as I could. The reps were nice. But they said that they were going to do things that they didn't do. So being nice is one thing, but actually doing the thing that you said you're going to do is more important. Also, they told me that the program was completed, but it never linked up one of my accounts. It was never paying for that account. So I still have a debt there. It dinged my credit and hurt it pretty badly. Because I was in this program instead of independently paying things off, it impacted my ability to get a loan.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the feedback, I can imagine how leaving an account out would be disappointing. We will review your file to make sure all the debts included in your signed agreement were adding to the program and try to understand what happened. I will also make sure we explained if if a debt was left off, it can always be added.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Compliance Department

Original review: March 17, 2021

I am so glad we contacted GreenPath for assistance in becoming debt free! They were so helpful and understanding. They made the process simple. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to pay off their debt and feel financial freedom!

Hi Mindi,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are so glad you contacted us and we were able to help you. We created the plan and you did all the hard work! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 15, 2021

I am very happy with Greenpath's customer service. Every time I needed to call in, or message someone online there was someone available to answer with a smile quickly and effectively. I did not feel rushed or pressured to do things a certain way. I was able to modify my payment plan several times and ended up paying earlier than expected. Thanks!!!

Hi Deili,

We are excited to hear you were greeted with staff who were able to answer all of your questions with a smile! We know calling in can be overwhelming. Congratulations on your accomplishment and we wish you all the best!

-Linda Murphy

Original review: March 14, 2021

I signed up with Greenpath to manage credit card debt and was grateful for the low interest rates they were able to negotiate with the banks. My debts have been paid down efficiently. I’m less inclined to panic or make sudden decisions about debt, and I learned how to think things through. Money management wasn’t always my strong suit. I wish I had reached this level of confidence and ability earlier in my life, but I’m happy to be here. You have to learn from your mistakes, and Greenpath makes that possible. I often recommend Greenpath to others and I thank the friend who sent me to Greenpath in 2010.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for providing a review of us! We are so happy to hear you've been able to repay your debt in full and feeling more confident with regards to money management. So many are like you, we have to learn from mistakes. You stuck to your plan and you accomplished your goals! Please thank your friend on behalf of us!

All the best,

Original review: March 13, 2021

Working with Greenpath gave me back my life. From my first phone call through my final payment, GP reps exceeded my expectations every single time. Their knowledge, kindness, empathy, advice and action was outstanding. I paid off about $60K in debt over the course of 5+ years. I was fortunate that I never missed a payment and what seemed like an impossible feat became reality. When I came to GP, I had amassed a great deal of credit card debt; I wasn't late but I was only making minimum payments - I would have never been able to pay off those debts without GP's advocacy and service.

Hi Teri!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of GreenPath. We know repaying debt is not easy and I am so happy to hear our staff offered the right support to you when contacting us. Congratulations to you and we wish you all the best.

Original review: March 13, 2021

GreenPath helped me so much. They helped collect my financial burdens after my divorce. They were able to contact banks and credit services I didn’t have access to, and constructed a plan that worked for everyone. I recommend GreenPath to everyone.

Hi Terren,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. I am happy to hear our plan worked well for you. Thank you for referring others to us, we are passionate about helping clients achieve their financial goals!

All the best,

Original review: March 13, 2021

Using Green Path has genuinely been one of the best decisions I've ever made for my future. As a young college student and not aware of how important credit was, I found myself in a lot of debt and thanks to Green Path I have been able to get rid of that debt and focus on saving towards my future goals. I am extremely happy with this service and will continue to recommend it to anyone that finds themselves in the predicament that I was in.

Hi Lizbeth!

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. You are not alone, so many other college students find themselves utilizing credit cards. We are so glad you called us and you are debt free and able to save now! You did all the hard work! Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Original review: March 13, 2021

After 2 years I was happy to have been done with my payments thanks to your loyal & diligent customer service that kept me grounded. The reminders, the phone calls and the automatic payments that helped my credit improved is because of GreenPath. I’m grateful for the experience.

Hi Abby,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath! I am glad to hear our customer service offered the right mix reminders, automation, and support. You did all the hard work! Congratulations to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information