4.8/5 (64 ratings)
Call Center Open

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: May 3, 2022

Greenpath's service has been good. I signed up and the process was fine. I’m still paying some of the credit cards, but the program worked for me.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - you did a great job with your program while with us. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 26, 2022

They took care of the hard work. I just gave the money I needed to give them and they took care of the rest. I had to call customer service a few times whether it was to change my payment plan or hold off on the payments. They did a fine job. Even after I finished the program, my credit score has consistently gone up. I'm thinking of the lessons that I've learned and try to apply them going forward, and continue to still stay debt-free as long as I can.

Hi Shane,

We are so happy to hear that the program worked so well for you! We put the plan together and you did it! We know it is not easy and you accomplished a lot during your time with us.

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 21, 2022

They were always informative. If I had a question, I was able to call. During the COVID, it's been a little harder to get ahold of people like anywhere else. But the program worked for me because I was able to get my interest-bearing account into a non-interest principal-only-bearing account. I also paid off the entire balance four weeks ago.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We agree with the wait times during COVID and care very much about giving all clients excellent customer service.

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 20, 2022

I was about to drown in finances, so I went to a lawyer and filed bankruptcy. We just bought a house, and she said that she could do it, but most likely, I would lose my house. I said, "Well, that ain't gonna happen," so she recommended something else. She said, "I can't recommend a specific one, but I'll give you a choice," and GreenPath was one of the choices. I checked them out online and checked reviews, and everything was favorable towards them more so than others. I contacted them, and I liked how they contact the credit agencies and got lower interest rates. Their fee is not very much as well.

Enrollment was really simple, and they were good communicators. I talked to several reps and they were very friendly and went out of the way to help us out. I'm getting ready to pay my debt off, and one rep put me on hold while she checked with the credit card company to make sure that we paid the correct amount off, so we wouldn't have any discrepancies. She also kept checking back on me to make sure I was all right.

Hi James,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear you found a financial option that worked well for you. You accomplished a lot during your time with us!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 19, 2022

Anytime I've been on the phone with Greenpath, it's always been professional and they've always gotten done what I had needed from them at that time. I would occasionally call in. If I had a change that I needed to make, or if I was trying to pay down anything faster, they walk me through what the options are, lay out that path and make sure that everything was clear and understood on my end on what those kind of changes would be.

Greenpath has been pretty good, because they were able to negotiate down the interest rates for me to reduce the amount. Also, with their payment plan, they were able to get it to line up with the frequency of how we got paid, so we were able to do it on a schedule that was very consistent and predictable. They got us on track to pay down our debt. I was also able to accelerate the timeframe and hit that budget back from just debt to other things that we were looking forward to spend our budget on, to have more financial freedom.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are so happy to hear that everything worked well for you and our staff were helpful when contacting us. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 18, 2022

The application process went well. It was relatively easy and it was just a couple of days, if that. Their time to answer the phone was ridiculous though. They're obviously short-staffed and we'd be on hold forever, but whenever we finally got through, they were helpful and good. One other thing that bugged me about GreenPath was my scheduled day for them to take the money from our bank account was the 23rd, but they always took it out three or four days later. I found that to be a pain. With people who are struggling with making sure their bill's paid and everything's tight, they should take it out that first day. That's when the money's there.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for leaving a detailed review. We understand the telephone wait times have been longer than we would like our clients to receive. We are doing everything we can to meet our client needs.

With regards to the deposits, I verified we were pulling the money on the correct date, it does take approximately 4 business days for the money to clear all financial institutions and then transfer into a clients DMP account. Unfortunately we are not able to change that "delay" so to speak and we recognize it can be frustrating.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: April 2, 2022

The enrolment process was easy and simple. Customer service told me everything. They let me know what my take would be and how long it was going to take for everything to be consolidated. They broke it down to all the debt I had and told me how much it was going to be for each month. Once each credit card was paid off, they would always send me an email or leave me a voicemail and let me know that I'm one step further. The last rep I talked to was extremely nice and she told me that I'm debt-free and that within a couple of days, I would be receiving money back because there was some money owed to me.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We love knowing that we made the process simple and easy. You did all the hard work, we offered the support! Congratulations and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 30, 2022

I called GreenPath and the person who answered, Jesse, could not have been kinder. She walked us through it. It took hours with us and she was so good at this. Once we did the online signing, we didn't think about it again. We were that comfortable. We finished 18 months early and we were supposed to have a five-year program. They handled our money way better than we did. We're grateful.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for leaving such a thoughful review. The review has been shared with Jesse, our staff love hearing how they have made an impact. It probably is not surprising to know she has been promoted to a new role here at GreenPath.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 21, 2022

I enjoyed GreenPath. Their customer service was great. I didn't have to call that much. But when I did, I was helped. All my questions were answered. I got my debt paid off in five years and I was proud of myself that it's done. I didn't go bankrupt.

Hi Rita,

Congratulations - paying off debt in 5 years is hard to do! We are so glad to hear everything went well.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 20, 2022

Everybody was really nice. It was easy to get ahold of people, if I had any questions and if I needed to move a payment. They made things pretty easy. Working with them helped out a lot.

Hi Karina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear it was easy to get a hold of us and we made things easy for you.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 19, 2022

The process with GreenPath was really smooth. They were very caring and empathetic. They told me exactly what I would need and they pretty much laid things all out for me. I had nothing to really think about. They handled it with me. It was going to be a five-year plan but I ended up just paying off the debts and completing their program. I’ll recommend GreenPath.

Hi Hillary,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you felt we were caring and empathetic. Finances are so stressful and we want to make it as comfortable as possible when clients contact us.

Congratulations and wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 18, 2022

GreenPath was on top of my debt so I was happy with the service. Everything all the way 'til the end was great. They were able to work with my creditors. The online app was great but I wish the app would have if you want to pay it off. Because I had a call to pay off my debt. From the app, I could have just paid it. But they did help me further and double checked if I still had debts with creditors which was pretty great. If you're in debt, GreenPath would be the best choice.

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear the program worked well from the beginning to the end. With regards to our line app, we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our portal to better meet the needs of our clients. Your feedback will be passed along.

Linda

Original review: March 11, 2022

I've had a really good experience with GreenPath. They helped me a lot. Just negotiating with the credit cards was a huge help for me, especially not to be paying as much interest rate as if I was paying regularly. I would, once in a while, go online and check my balance. But other than that, I trusted GreenPath. I paid my whole balance off already. The service was really good, and I’d definitely recommend it. Their customer service in general is great.

Hi Brenda,

Wow, thank you for leaving such a nice review. We are so happy to know that all around we exceeded your expectations. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Linda Murphy

Original review: March 2, 2022

Greenpath offers a good tool to deal with a consumer debt issue. They made the enrollment process easy, and the service was very good quality.

Hi David,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear the process was easy and our quality was good! Congratulations to you!

Original review: March 1, 2022

It was a very pleasant experience working with Greenpath. At first I was so lost in debt, the counselors I had explained things clearly, and reassured me that I'm not the only person who allows herself to get into such debt. They also reassured me that by being patient and sticking to my goals, it would all end. It finally did.

Hi Amy,

You are like so many other when they call us, feeling lost in debt. We are so happy we were able to explain everything clearly and that you are not alone.

Congratulations on your accomplishment during your time with us. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Best wishes to you!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had a great experience with Greenpath in helping me to get on track financially. I appreciated that they paid my bills on time and I was able to reduce my debt within 5 years. I would recommend them to anyone who feels overwhelmed with their debt.

Hi Stephanie!

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you'd recommend us to anyone overwhelmed with debt.

Original review: March 1, 2022

This was a no hassle process for me, communication was wonderful! Every last question I had was readily answered at the very beginning, the online process was easy to navigate, I loved getting my updates when a creditor was completely paid. I definitely recommend this company, I am already looking into starting the process of paying my student loan off with Green Path! On my way to DEBT FREE, best feeling ever!

Hi Jessica,

Congratulations! You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you felt our communication was excellent, that is what we aim for!

Best wishes to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The debt consolidation program with GreenPath was great. It helped me pay off debts and close out the accounts. I've completed it. I paid that off early. There was one time that I met with the local agent in Brownsville but other than that, everything was done through online chat or their 1-800 number. My initial conversation with a local representative was to get me to sign the contract. The representatives were able to address or answer any questions that I had. If they couldn't, they'd call me back. They're knowledgeable. I loved the program. They had flexible options. Two years into starting my plan with GreenPath, I realized that my ex-husband had left an additional $8,000 in debt. I was able to add those into the loan and have them paid off as well.

Hi Imelda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of us. We are happy to hear that we were able to answer any questions or concerns you had.

Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

GreenPath's customer service reps were very friendly, very knowledgeable and always easy to deal with. I liked working with GreenPath because even though the initial process was kinda long, they were able to argue on the banks on my behalf to get the account set up so I could get them repaid. Bank of America fought back against them, but through their expertise, we still got it done. It's a really good service.

Hi Frederick!

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We love knowing we are easy to work with as we know finances are stressful. Unfortunately it may take a little bit to get proposals accepted with creditors and we are glad to hear everything worked out well.

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Working with GreenPath was a positive experience and enrolling was very easy. They did a good job helping me pay my bills down. I paid monthly and then they paid out my bills and negotiated with credit card companies. GreenPath had everything set up online that I can fix. They were very understanding. If I have a question, I can reach out to them. They tailored payments to me and my financial situation. The program helped me get out of the debt I was in and put me on a good path.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We really work hard to meet our clients where they are at on their financial journey. We know it's not easy.

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Their service was really good. I got into them for debt consolidation. I got a few credit cards. They went around, and they got the credit cards to come down on their interest. Some of them were 0%. Then we refinanced and then I just paid GreenPath. When you call GreenPath, you talk to people. It's not some out of country person. It's usually someone right there. I had some issues with the credit cards and GreenPath took care of it for me. I didn't have to do a lot. They're really good, straightforward people.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We work hard to provide excellent customer service and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

It took 25 months to close seven accounts, and the payment plan was fabulous. The process was seamless, and it just worked. A couple weeks ago when I called as we were finishing things up, I told the gentleman I spoke with that GreenPath was fabulous and we would recommend to anyone. We wish we would have known about them a few years earlier so we could have gotten this taken care of even earlier. Now, we are planning on taking what we were paying to GreenPath each month and putting that on our truck payment to get rid of that. We're six years from retirement, so we're looking forward.

Hi Cindy!

Your progress is remarkable. So many others say they wish they would have found us sooner. Congratulations on your hard work and commitment to becoming debt free.

Wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The reps were very personable and knowledgeable and they alleviated the panic that I had. They explained the program very well and the application was very straightforward and didn't seem that it took very much time at all. Short of paying it for me, the process went very well. I had to ask for them to change the date that they pulled money out a couple of times and they were always very accommodating. I just paid my last thing off last month. I would tell people to go with GreenPath and trust in them. In fact, my partner signed up for GreenPath and has been on it for two and a half years. There have been a couple of bumps in the road and they have been totally fine with working with her, and she's really happy with it.

Hi Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We know finances are a heavy burden and so much anxiety, you are not alone! Thank you for sharing with your partner how we can help.

Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I'm so glad that I took the step to go with GreenPath. I had an excellent experience from day one. The application process was very simple, and everyone that I worked with was very helpful. I didn't have any issues at all. There was one time several years ago that I had to change the date on my payment, and they worked as far as the payment itself, making sure that that was in my comfortable range. Overall, the program was worry-free, and the ease of it was amazing. The people were amazing too. If I had an issue or a question and I called, they got back to me right away. There was no waiting. It was one of the better experiences that I've ever had handling money-wise. I was very pleased.

Hi Lori!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love knowing we provided a simple and easy to follow plan for you. Finances can be so stressful and we are so happy our staff were able to help you when you called. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Congratulations to you!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

GreenPath canceled all my cards, reached out to all the card companies, got all the interest reduced to a very low percentage, and took money out of my account every week to pay them off incrementally until they were paid off. The reps were always informative. They always made sure that whatever issue I called would be resolved within the phone call. And they will call the companies up if there were any issues and deal with them directly. I owed $41,000 and it took three years, but it's all paid up. It has been a good impact. They did a very good job. They made my life a lot easier.

Greetings!

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review, we appreciate it! We love hearing that we met your needs during your entire time with us. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

The Greenpath Debt Relief Program is an excellent program. From the very beginning everything was thoroughly explained and all my questions answered as to how this program really worked. During the 52 months enrolled in the program I learned from the tutorials how to manage spending and how to stay within a budget. Staff was always pleasant and professional if I had questions or concerns. Highly recommend!

Hi Linda!

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are so happy to hear that everything was explained well and all of your questions were answered. You did all the hard work and we provided the support.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

This was a great experience. It really lighten my burden. The company does a great job of keeping you informed throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using Greenpath. I found the process to be effortless. Again, this was a great experience.

Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you were informed during the entire process and we lightened your burden. We know financial matters are stressful enough as it is!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

It was a good program and it helped me clear up the debt that I had. GreenPath really helped me out for a while. The enrollment process was seamless and very easy. The quality of service was great. They did something that I could manage and they took the time to assess my needs. Everybody was very knowledgeable.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your GreenPath experience. We love hearing that we were really able to help you out!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I haven't had a bad experience working with GreenPath. If I needed something, I called them. I never waited on the phone that long and they took care what I needed. I told people to go through with them. They were a better route than the National Debt people.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for providing a review. We are happy to hear our wait times were reasonable and we provided the help you were calling for. Thank you for referring others to us as well!

Congratulations and we wish you the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I was in over my head with bills, and GreenPath laid it out for me to where I can manage. They did everything. We just figured out which bills I needed paid off and they came up with a bi-weekly payment, which worked perfect for me. Everything worked out, and I just finished this fall. I’m extremely happy. The reps were great too.

Hi John,

We are so happy to hear the structure we provided worked well for you. You did all the hard work, we provided the support! Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Compliance Department