4.9/5 (87 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

So far, so good. I got everything paid off and if I ever have problems again, I will come back to GreenPath. They were always nice to me whenever I had a problem or I needed to know something. I'm very satisfied.

Hi Rosemarie!

We are so happy to hear you were satisfied and we were here for you when you needed us. Congratulations on becoming debt fee! We wish you the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I called GreenPath once or twice at the beginning of the program but they sent me their statements fairly regularly and I kept up with it, so I knew what was happening. I checked my statements every month, I saw what was going out, and I didn't have any questions. My debt was being paid off and I was happy. So, everything went so smoothly for me that I didn't need to call anymore. The settlement process was so slow at the beginning, but they said I just took it for granted that at the end of X amount of time, it would be done. In fact, my debt was paid off early. I also recommended them to our daughter but she did not qualify. So I was disappointed in that but there was really nothing I could do about it. Besides that, my experience with them was wonderful and it really pulled us out of an ugly hole.

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and we are happy to hear overall the process went well and you paid off your debts ahead of schedule. You are right, the beginning can the be the hardest part while we wait for responses from the creditors.

Congratulations, you accomplished a lot during your time with us!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

GreenPath paid each different creditor an agreed upon amount. However, they said I would be able to pay it off in three years but it took four or five years. I graduated in 2018 the first time and a couple months ago the second time. They set me up with an amount of money they would take out of my account every two weeks when I got my checks. Everything was great even when my job changed and I was not able to pay the amount that I was paying. One of their creditors dropped off, so they worked with me on changing the amount so they would be fitting for my income.

Hi Ashanti,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath. I am happy to hear that overall the program worked well for you. We know it can be disappointing if the payoff date has to change - we hear you.

Congratulations on becoming debt free!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

GreenPath had a lower rate per account added and the stability of the program was great. I was able to communicate with them easily if I needed to make extra payments. It was long five years but I'm glad that it's over. GreenPath helped with dealing with the credit card companies directly. That part was great for me.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for leaving a review. We know it can be a long five years and at times feels like the finish line is never going to appear. You accomplished a huge milestone during your time with us. We know it is not easy.

Congratulations and we wish you the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I was glad that I found GreenPath. At first, I was a skeptic. But after receiving confirmations from the creditors that we had entered into agreement and what I needed to do going forward, I knew the program was something that was going to be very helpful. GreenPath was very helpful negotiating a very affordable monthly payment with all of the creditors that I had. It boosted my credit to a high level that it's at now. They were able to accommodate all my questions and requests. If I wanted to pay something off early, they were able to provide me whatever the financial amount needed to pay those creditors off and what I needed to do. I ended the program a little bit earlier than expected. The program made me avoid the process of going through bankruptcy and being able to pay my debt instead of taking the easy route.

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We are so happy to hear the program worked out and you are debt free with a favorable credit score. You did all the hard work and we provided the structure and support to guide you.

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The representative that I had during enrollment was extremely kind and very helpful. She did a lot of the legwork on my behalf when I couldn't find certain things. Also, the information she gave was exactly how things went and there were no promises that couldn't be kept. It was all really clear communication and I got a payment plan that worked out perfectly. Every card that I enrolled with them was paid off. The only improvement that I see is that the portal itself is fairly user-friendly but it seemed like when it comes to other banking sites, the graphics could be improved just a little bit. But that's a very minor fix compared to how they helped me get out of debt. They really helped me out a lot and I can say I'm debt-free as far as credit card debt.

Hi Walton,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review and sharing you found the employee who enrolled you to be kind and helpful. Thank you for your feedback regarding the portal graphics. We continue to look at ways to make the portal more user friendly and visually appealing.

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I had picked a different company and they were taking the money out but kept telling me, "We don't make any payments until we get a lot of money saved up, and then we start making payments for you." I walked into my bank and I saw the sign for GreenPath -- which was Suffolk Federal Credit Union. I looked it up, I called, and the person that answered was very helpful. I contacted that other company and they wound up reimbursing me the money that I had put into it. GreenPath set up an amount that I could afford. They started paying right away and then they did the withdrawals every week.

I love it as I don't have a million bills coming in every month now. I just have three credit cards that we work with, and I pay them off, so that was nice, and just peace of mind. Now, I feel like I have some money because that money that they're taking out every week is still sitting there as they're not taking out $1,000 a month. Any time I called them with a question, they answered and they were very helpful.

Hi Barbara,

We are so happy to hear you saw our promotion at Suffolk FCU. They have been partnered with us for many years! Unfortunately there are companies that will take advantage of those in pursuit of financial wellness.

You accomplished a lot during your time with us - well done! We wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

While it was not the best APR, it was easy to work with Greenpath. I paid my debt earlier, so you can do certainly come out of the hole faster if you have extra money. You can change the dates and the amount too for payments.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand it may be disappointing to still pay some interest. We hope that you were able to get out of debt faster with the lower rates the creditors provided.

I am so happy to hear that you found us easy to work with! Congratulations!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

GreenPath helped get my credit score pumped up. They analyzed my actual financial status and made sure it wasn't going to be anything that was going to put me in additional financial grief. Their customer service was easy to contact and very easy to work with. If I ever needed to change anything on my plan, there were no issues. It was done quite quickly and efficiently. Working with GreenPath was so much easier and caused a lot less stress to make one single payment to one person that was handling all of my debt and understanding how the money needed to be distributed best to help my credit than trying to do it willy-nilly on my own and trying to remember this payment here and there and trying to see if I could do this electronically or keep checks.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You accomplished a lot during your time with GreenPath. We certainly understand that having a program that is automated makes it easier to know the bills are getting paid. You did all the hard work, we just provided the support.

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

GreenPath had an office locally, which was important to me. They were a little bit more trustworthy versus somebody 1,000-plus miles away. I went with a purpose and achieved that purpose earlier than expected, so I'm pleased. I'm debt-free.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Branch offices were closed as part of the pandemic and employees worked remotely. We are happy to hear that despite having to close branch offices you were able to achieve your financial goals. Congratulations on becoming debt free!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We've concluded our agreement with them and it was good. It helped us get through all that debt. Everything's online and it's all automated. I only reached out twice to customer service throughout the whole time frame and they answered questions and followed up. The online dashboard was really simple. It was well-organized, easy to read, limited copy. There was not a lot to have to process and it was straightforward. But someone on their customer support team should reach out with a phone call at least every so often just to check in. That would have made it a much more connected experience.

Hi Gloria!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to hear the process was simple and the portal worked well for you. I will pass along your specific feedback about check-ins for clients who are not calling us with questions - thank you!

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Everyone was really nice, informative, and easy to talk to. I had a good experience working with them. They helped me get my debt out of the way and taught me how to keep my debt low.

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are happy to hear that all your interaction were helpful and our staff were easy to speak with. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

They helped me close my debt this past month. They were excellent. When they had their office hours, their customer service was perfect. I would recommend them.

Hi Zaid,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of GreenPath. We are so happy to hear that our hours and customer service were top notch! Happy New Year!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

We got good customer support. We went on the website often to see how things were. In the beginning, we made more phone calls. The nice thing about GreenPath is that service extends to past my work hours so I was able to talk with someone in the evening. That went really well. Working with them helped us get to our goal.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of us. We are happy to hear that you found our website and telephone hours helpful and convenient.

Congratulations, you accomplished a lot during your time with us. We know it is not easy!

Happy New Year!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

When I went to GreenPath, we settled on an amount that was comfortable for me and it was automatically deducted each month until the whole thing has been paid off. It has been the easiest thing I've done. It worked out very well.

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that the process went well and it was easy for you! This is what we love to hear. We will continue to look for ways to make the process easier for future clients as well.

Happy New Year!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

My credit card bill was just ridiculous and I needed help splitting that up and stopping it. I needed a deadline and with the way I was going, it wasn't gonna work out. I talked to different people at GreenPath numerous times and they were all great. I even did online chatting. GreenPath helped my life tremendously on the payment aspect because I knew how much I would be paying every month and I knew that it was knocking down the total. I wasn't just continuing the cycle of getting my payment; getting higher and higher because I wasn't paying it down enough. They were also flexible when I had to skip a payment once with COVID.

Hi Katlin,

We are so glad you called us. We understand it takes more than one call to understand options to help you reach your financial goals. Household debt is very overwhelming for most of us. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy for you!

Congratulations to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Enrolling with GreenPath was easy and it didn't take very long. They did everything for us as far as payments. Anytime I had to call and question anything, they were able to answer my questions and help. We did a five-year and the program was done before that. We paid everything off in June and that wasn't with paying any extra on our side. While we've got no credit card debt, the only issue I have is that my debt still affects my credit report with it being a write off.

Also, we just had a miscommunication because one of the cards ended up going to collections. I didn't know about that until I got something from an attorney saying nothing's been paid on it. So, I called GreenPath and the money is sitting there for that card but they never were able to get the correct account information. But that's all resolved now.

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Your debts were paid in full through our DMP, so that is what your credit report should show. If you would like to schedule a free credit report review with us, we would be happy to schedule that for you.

During your initial counseling session, with permission, we obtained a copy of your credit report. I can see the credit cards were past due and it appears one had already charged off by the time the creditor received our proposal. We certainly try our best to see if we can get a payment plan accepted and avoid charge off. I also saw a note where a creditor had a different account number than what we had and that was cleared up in a telephone call. We would be happy to review that with you as well if you'd like!

Congratulations, you accomplished a lot during your time with us! We know it is not easy and you did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

GreenPath had an office here and we went there. I availed of their service and everything was good to me. It took four years for the debts to get taken care of and we exited the program last month. GreenPath helped me out with the quality of my life. They did everything they said they were going to do and it was a good experience.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that we lived up to our word and your expectations. Congratulations to you and best wishes!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The process was fairly easy. They asked me questions, gauged where my debt was, and what I needed assistance on. They let me know what my payment plan was going to be and how often I was gonna have to pay. Then I had to sign some documents and send it back. I got my debt paid off and I'm satisfied. I needed to make it a little easier process to make one payment to them and they dispersed the funds amongst multiple accounts that I had. Also, I was able to add on accounts during the process and it was an easy thing to do. I appreciated that part.

The only thing was that when GreenPath initially set up the program, some of the debtors didn't accept the agreement but there was never a follow up from GreenPath to try it again with the program. It seemed like they would do an annual review and see if they can get the debtors to at least take a cheaper interest rate or settle for a smaller amount. But that didn't happen after the program was initially set up.

Hi Tameka,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that overall the process went well.

I reviewed your DMP and I see that all the creditors accepted a proposal. One creditor requested a higher payment, however I see the proposal was accepted within 5 weeks of the debt being added. If you want to connect about this in more detail, please give us a call and ask for me.

With regards to re-negotiation of better terms after a creditor has accepted a proposal, I would be happy to speak to that in more detail. We hear you, you want to know you are getting the best rate possible. Upon a proposal being accepted, the creditor has already lowered and reduced their terms to the lowest terms they have available, so there isn't a better term we can get.

With regards to settling, we are not permitted to contact creditors and negotiate a settlement for our clients. If clients are interested in settling and have the funds to do so, we would have them contact the creditor for arrangements. I would be happy to review this in more detail as well, so you are welcomed to call us and ask for me.

Again, thank you you for you review. I am so glad to hear the program worked well. Congratulations to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

They made things where I could afford them and still get my bills paid every month. They were really understanding and I would recommend them to anybody. I don't have credit card debt anymore, so working with them is definitely a plus. It's a blessing.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear you would recommend us to others. You accomplished a lot during your time with us.

We wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I was in the program for four years and the reps were always helpful. They were great.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear our staff were helpful, we know it can be overwhelming discussing finances.

Congratulations to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

GreenPath did what they said they were going to do. At some point this year, I got letters from two of my creditors that I paid them off, and then I finally got a notice from the third creditor that I owe them $1.37. My experience was good. Now I paid off everything and I'm happy with GreenPath. I would recommend them to anybody at any time.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear that you liked our services and you would refer us to others. Congratulations to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I was very pleased with the customer service at my fingertips. The professionalism of the associates was greatly appreciated. Good company and good people. I would recommend GreenPath to my friends and family if asked. I would also consider using them again in the future but hopefully won't need the services.

Hi Cynthia,

We are so happy to hear our customer service was excellent and our staff were professional. Thank you for the positive review, we appreciate it!

Best wishes!

Compliance Department

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

GreenPath was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better debt management organization. I was going to file bankruptcy but just to file the money they were asking for was ridiculous. GreenPath fit my budget and drafted my account twice a month and made it very easy for me. I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Hi Adriana,

We are so happy to hear that everything was wonderful and the program fit within your budget. You accomplished a lot during your time with us!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Although it took 5 years, with Greenpath's help, I paid off over $16, 000 worth of debt. I felt so good as I made that final payment. Hopelessness and desperation brought me to Greenpath. I'm so glad I found them. They negotiated with the many companies I was in debt to, got me on a plan that was in my budget, and made sure the payments were credited to me. Paying off my debt was long and sometimes difficult, but Greenpath was a great company to work with. I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Hi Caroline,

Hopelessness is how so many others feel upon calling us too. We are so glad you found us and our services worked well for you. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We are so happy for you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I’m forever grateful to my colleague for telling me about your company and now it debt FREE. You all made it so easy to work with and your communication was superb. Thank you and for that person who is still undecided don’t be.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and please extend our appreciation to your colleague for the referral. We are so happy you are debt free, huge accomplishment!

Best wishes!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

GreenPath allowed me to attain my goal of reducing my debt considerably. They worked with me to have a budget I could follow. At first, it seemed like it would take forever, but the months went by so quickly. I am forever grateful for all their help.

Hi Karen,

We hear you, the beginning can feel like it is taking forever! You stuck with it and you did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I couldn't have been happier with my experience with GreenPath. Exceptional customer support, never felt like I was taken advantage of - Fair rates, easy to use and manage. Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to consolidate their credit - Take the next step with GreenPath!

Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that everything was great during your time with us. It means a lot to hear your appreciation for the work that we do.

Best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

GreenPath helped our family pay off a very large amount of credit card debt. We didn't even realize how much debt we had until talking with a counselor. GreenPath gave us our options and we started our management plan. It was a bit stressful but GreenPath was there to assist and we made it through in less time than was originally stated. GreenPath really helped in planning and budgeting, and have excellent tools to assist people on the road to financial health.

Hi David,

You are not alone, it is stressful and it can add up quickly before we know it. Making it through in less time than planned is incredible. You did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I am a single person and got into some credit card debt. I was getting nowhere fast. I contacted GreenPath through a recommendation from my sister. I was given a payment plan. I got a second job. I just hung in there. GreenPath was very prompt with any questions and gave advice when I asked. I would HIGHLY recommend GreenPath to anyone. I retired this past August. That would not have happened if not for GreenPath.

Hi Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Please send a thank you for your sister for the referral! You put the plan together and you did all the hard work.

Best wishes to you!