4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GreenPath is a national nonprofit that supports people’s lifelong financial wellness. We have nearly 60 years of experience in guiding people through financial crisis, and we’re expanding to deliver a full spectrum of people-centered resources and tools for every step of the journey. Our financial experts help people, across the United States, ease financial stress, save for the future, make informed financial decisions, and achieve their financial goals.

Everyone deserves the chance to pursue their dreams. We empower people to make healthy financial choices that support their goals.

View More View More

463 GreenPath Financial Wellness Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 22, 2019

I was having frequent overdrafts and I had a large amount of credit card debt. GreenPath was recommended by my credit union that had my car loan. Their process was very easy and the people there were very helpful. Communication was very good. The payment plan they had me on worked out fine. I increased it somewhere along the line and it went very well too. I got everything paid off in about three and a half years which was shorter than I expected.

Hello Sandra,

Shorter than expected is FANTASTIC! We're so happy for you! Congratulations on paying off your debt and getting set on the path to financial freedom!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 12, 2019

Before my last call to GreenPath today I was very impressed and happy with the service and people I spoke to over the phone. I am new to GreenPath and I did not know my portal was set up or the details of my account. I called to get a better understanding of the system and figure out how to not get late payments on my credit cards. The person I spoke to on the phone for help was rude, dismissive, and sounded irritated as soon as she answered the phone. Her tone was arrogant and condescending. This person clearly should not be working with the public. She did not have any customer service skills. I was very angry when I got off the phone. I called on April 12, 2019 at 5:15 pm.

Hello Lisa,

First, I want to thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Our goal at GreenPath is for your needs to be met and to feel supported in any interaction with our organization. By providing this feedback, it allows for us to research your concern and provide appropriate coaching or implement other measures with our staff. Additionally, it allows for us to determine your ease of use (or lack thereof) in any of our systems, such as the portal so we can make improvements and remove any barriers.

It is not okay for you to feel this way and this is not the experience we want for our clients. Particularly, with the knowledge that people come to us for help, this should be honored and every person should be treated with nothing but care and respect. I sincerely apologize this is not what happened for you.

As the Quality Assurance Manager, I will personally research this for you and will be reaching out to be sure we can rectify this situation and help in any additional ways you might need.

Colleen Dillon
Quality Assurance Manager

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was accumulating debts and a referral made me go with GreenPath. Their enrollment process was very easy and I had a support team that walked me through it. Their reps were accommodating, supportive, very friendly and professional. I paid ahead of schedule and wasn’t charged any penalty. They didn’t make me pay the rest of the monthly expenses. It was a testament to their commitment to supporting the program. It put us on the path to resolve our debts. If a friend of mine is considering using them, I'll tell that friend to do it without hesitation.

Hello Jessica,

Well, thank you both to whoever referred you and to you for being willing to refer others! We strive to give our clients the kind of positive experience you described. Wishing you the very best of luck!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: April 5, 2019

I was in debt and called GreenPath. They got all the information for all the creditors that I had, then did all the work. The process took a couple of years only. With their program, I paid off my debt and I'm out of it.

Hello Nicholas,

Congratulations on being out of debt! I know you said that we did all the work, but in truth the whole endeavor is a partnership and we could not do it without the cooperation of our wonderful clients. Very best of luck to you in the future!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: March 29, 2019

When I bought my house, GreenPath was a big part of them approving my loan for my house because I was already in an active debt management plan. They looked at that as being a good thing. At the time I sought their services, I was way at my budget and trying to find a way to better manage myself. I was with a credit union and they automatically covered interest fee or whatever it was for GreenPath. I felt completely comfortable working with GreenPath and talking about my budget. I've been in the program for 10 years and paid them $85 a month. But I finished it recently. They absolutely helped out a lot and I would recommend them.

Hello Akisha,

Wow, that is truly humbling to hear that being enrolled in our services enabled you to purchase a house! That is such a huge accomplishment - as is completing your program. Many, many congratulations are due! We wish you the best of luck going forward.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was having financial issues and I needed to consolidate all my credit card debts so I could pay it off. I tried to go with another company first but one of my credit card companies wouldn’t deal with them. They told me to go with GreenPath and it worked out for me. There were a lot of forms that I had to download and then upload to them, but they made everything pretty simple. I just filled it out, the accounts, and I sent in statements from the credit cards that I had at the time. They walked me through whatever I needed to do. Then when I was getting close to paying one off, they'd send me a letter to doublecheck with the credit card to make sure it was off. It was a good experience.

I basically owed more in credit cards and I was paying off nothing. When I first started, I’d have to pay $1,400 a month for credit cards debt and I was just barely paying the minimum. Then, when I consolidated with GreenPath and they canceled it and renegotiated, it got it down to where it was bearable. It was at $450 every two weeks. The cost was reasonable and it was good compared to some that I've seen out there. I've paid off all that credit card debt. I'm not completely debt-free ‘cause I have a couple of open credit cards at the moment, but I feel more secure and everything is taken care of.

Hello Sandra,

Congratulations on completing your Debt Management Program! I am so glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. Very best of luck to you going forward and please get in touch if you need any further assistance.

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: March 15, 2019

I had too many payments and I needed help. One of the creditors recommended GreenPath to me and I enrolled with them. All the guys there, in general, were okay. They helped me and they were professional. I once interacted with someone who seemed to be in a bad mood, but it was only one thing in the two years that I was with them. Also, the program was good and it worked for me. The amount I was paying every month was reasonable considering my balance which was too big. It started low and then it went up to almost taking all my check, but that was what I had to do.

Hello Laurencio,

I'm so sorry that you had the experience of talking to someone who was in a bad mood, but I do appreciate your understanding. We're all human, after all, though we try our best not to let bad moods spill over to our clients.

We are very pleased to have been able to help you with our debt. Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for being our client!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: March 13, 2019

Kiera (sp?) helped me out tremendously! She was patient and thorough. Thank you so much for her help! GreenPath has also done an awesome job at helping get out of my debt and would recommend them to anyone who needs to get out of debt. I only have a month left of payments and then I'm done!! Thanks again Kiera and GreenPath!

Hello Pedro,

Thank you do much for your praise! I am so pleased that you found our team to be helpful. CONGRATULATIONS on being so close to the end! What an incredible achievement!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: March 8, 2019

My fiancé had a lot of debt and we wanted to get that under control. I was looking for someone who could help us and I looked on the internet for the information. GreenPath could help us so we went with them. They did a debt management program and everything went great. The reps were perfect and I didn’t have any problems with them. The cost was fair and the payments were reasonable. We were able to finish early, so it was good. Working with GreenPath made the credit score of my fiancé go up quite a bit.

Hello Erica,

Congratulations on completing your program - and finishing early, in addition! Providing top notch service to our clients is a priority at GreenPath, so I am very happy to hear that that was your experience. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had credit card debt and I liked GreenPath’s good reputation. They provided service where they work with the credit card companies to get the interest rates down and I have to make payments. The online services were too much trouble for me. I have so much stuff to do at work on the internet and computer, and at home. I couldn't deal with it anymore and it was easier to make a phone call so I just called and asked what the balance was. Their customer service was fine and there was no problem. The payment plan was good although it was hard in the beginning. It was a large amount for me to put out. I couldn’t put it toward my student loan so that got behind. It’s over now and although we always think it’s too long when you owe money for something, the time it took to complete it was appropriate. The experience with them was great and I don’t have any complaints. I recommend them to other people.

Hello Nancy,

Absolutely right - the first few months of the program can be a difficult adjustment. I'm so glad you were able to stick it out and you found it worthwhile. We really believe in our Debt Management Program! I am happy that you had such a positive experience with us! (And I completely understand about being overwhelmed with computer stuff - sometimes a phone call is just easier!)

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information