2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

4.9/5 (90 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: March 10, 2021

GreenPath helped me set everything up and kept me informed during my credit journey. I doubt if I would have accomplished this without their help! I would most definitely recommend this company. I am now debt free! Thank you to all the people who helped me accomplish my goal.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath. We love being a place of support and encouragement! We know repaying debt is not easy. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 7, 2021

I got over my head in credit card debt, and Greenpath helped get everything back under control, as well as paid off. They never called and harassed me about payments, but they were there to answer all my questions, with a simple phone call.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. We are always happy to help with questions, we know things come up along the way! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: March 2, 2021

The process was fast and efficient. GreenPath's reps worked well. Working with GreenPath helped my life tremendously.

Hi Yolanda,

Thank you for leaving a review - I am so glad to hear the process was efficient and worked well for you. We wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I had a very good experience with GreenPath. I wish though that they would have done more as far as debt counseling while I was in the program. That would have been appreciated. Also, one service representative told me something that GreenPath could do but when I inquired about it, they said they couldn't do it. It was something about financial investing after you graduate from the program. But as far as the program went, they did what they were supposed to do. Everybody was really helpful and the program was everything that I needed it to be. They've been really wonderful. I finished the program exactly at the time they projected I would and I am very pleased. I'm so happy to be debt-free.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for providing a review of GreenPath! I will review your account for any misinformation provided to you, please accept my apologies. You accomplished a lot during your time with us and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The enrollment process was long. We were so broke and they were asking me questions and trying to break everything down off of my boyfriend's minimum-wage job. It was stressful because they were breaking apart all of our finances and bills according to the little money we had. But since working with GreenPath, there's the ease of not having to deal with creditors. I could just make that one payment to them. They focused on distributing the payments on their due dates and I just had to focus on one due date.

The only flaw at the time was sometimes I waited forever on hold and the app took a while for it to kind of get up and going. Also, there were a couple of times in the beginning when I was late with GreenPath. I didn't realize for a while that I was behind on payments because they didn't tell me. I wish I knew about that in the beginning. Other than that, I was very satisfied overall. I was able to get out of my debt and not have to think that bankruptcy was the only option. Had it not been for GreenPath, I don't think I would have paid off any of this stuff. I would have waited the whole seven years for my credit.

Hi Nidia,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. You are right about the hold times, we had a period of time when the wait time was too long to speak with a representative. We know that was frustrating for you and many others. With regards to being late with creditors at the beginning, it is the expectation we tell our clients to pay the difference until the creditor accepted the payment plan and updates the terms and conditions. I will be sure to review your file - we always want that explanation to be clear and I apologize if it was not.

You accomplished a lot during your time with us and it is not easy to pay off credit card debt. We wish you all best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GreenPath sounded like a company that we could work with, so we decided to work with them. Once we set the program up, there was nothing else for us to do but to let the process work. It was a set-it-up-and-forget-it type of deal. GreenPath would send us updates as to where we were in the process and as the creditors started getting paid off, they would send us emails. We're done paying the program off. So, it all worked out for us. We got out of some debt that we really needed to get out of.

Hi Rigoberto!

Thank you for leaving a review! You accomplished a lot while you were on your DMP and I am happy to hear you found the email communication helpful and kept you updated as needed. Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

GreenPath's enrollment process was easy. The entire process was easy. When cards are done being paid, GreenPath just sends out notices saying, “Hey, just keep in mind that there's interest that accrues. So make sure you pay that once we're done with it.” Say you're consolidating 10 credit cards, and you're paying for it directly to one source, and two or three of them will close that out around the same time, it'd be nice to get a little more education on maybe how to clear those out just so they don’t hit your report. I had somebody hit my credit report like six months ago. It was 12 cents I owed, and it affected my credit. But outside of that, it’s a really seamless process.

The portal is amazing. It allows me to be able to track my progress through the app and I was able to see where I was. It was cool because I got to reach different milestones in the credit card journey. I'm glad that I did go with GreenPath. My financial literacy has gone up, I’m a lot more conscious about my credit card spending and I feel like I'm a much more responsible credit card user.

Hi Hosam,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. Thank you for your feedback regarding the payoff process. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the program and have more knowledge and confidence regarding your finances! We wish you all the best!

GreenPath Financial Wellness

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

When I was doing my research online, GreenPath was rated very well and they seemed straightforward compared to the other ones that I had searched. That's mainly why we chose them almost four years ago. Now, we've completed program and every single one of the reps were A plus. I had no issues at all over the course. The system was archaic before, but I'm glad that they updated and upgraded their online channels. It made it a lot easier to manage and find everything as well as to communicate. GreenPath made life a lot easier. It was one of the best decisions we've made in our life and we are very grateful for them providing quick service and finding out the exact plan that we had to go through with the least amount of pushback or hiccups.

Hi Jonathan!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review and acknowledging our staff who work so hard behind the scenes. We agree our old system needed a major upgrade - you are 100% right about that! I am happy to hear you like the new portal better and we hope you had a chance to download our app when your program was open.

Congratulations and we wish you the all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I was in credit card debt. I enrolled with GreenPath and I like the consolidation of the debt as well as the low monthly payment. They worked really nice with me on that and they did a great job, so I was happy.

Hi Laura,

We love hearing your positive feedback and that our staff were able to help you and provide the customer service you were looking for. Wishing you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Green Path helped us manage our debt and be able to pay it off and not have to file bankruptcy. They were always available to help with any questions or problems we had. We were able to pay our debt off early and are finally debt free!

Hi Mary!

Yes, you did it! We know it feels like the plan will take forever, but you did it, one creditor at a time! I am so happy to hear that our staff were able to answer questions and help with any problems that up.

Congrats and we wish you the best!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I had been paying very high interest on several accts for many years and made many attempts to get the rates reduced. They had gone extremely high due to the fact I was in the hospital for 6 weeks - 2-1/2 weeks unconscious and I always took care of the bills so my husband was clueless. Thank you for helping us get these rates dropped and we made our last payment in Dec, 2020!! Hallelujah! I would recommend you to everyone!

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. High interest rates can be very overwhelming for many - you are not alone and we are so glad you found us! We hope that you are feeling well and feeling a sense of relief now that you've accomplished paying off your accounts. We know it's not easy and you did it!

Congratulations to you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We want to thank Greenpath for helping us to be on top of our finances again! Everyone was very helpful, kind and supportive of our journey. Feels good to be free of debt! We would highly recommend you! God bless!

Hi Deena,

I love hearing our staff were helpful, kind, and supportive. I am so glad you are feeling the relief of being debt free. We know it is not easy and you did it!

Wishing you all the best!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I used GreenPath to consolidate and pay off my credit card debt. I had absolutely no issues from the minute I started, until officially paying my debt off this winter. Everyone I spoke with along the way was kind, knowledgeable, and more than happy to help me. I had all information I needed provided to me, and I felt comfortable from the very beginning. Without their help, I would have spent another decade trying to manage my debt. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Hi Erica!

We are so glad you called us. You are not alone and so many others feel this way about their never ending cycle of debt. I love hearing how helpful and kind our staff were. We know there are a lot of feelings regarding debt and we want to take away that feeling of judgement.

You did it! Best wishes.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I was feeling like I would never get out of debt after being irresponsible in my 20’s with credit cards. The debt consolidation program made it really easy for me to dig my way out. The customer service was always friendly and helpful and they never made me feel like I had messed up financially. They also worked with me to get my payments where I could afford them.

Hi Sarah,

I am so glad to hear our customer service staff was always helpful. We know there can be so many emotions with regards to money and debt. Congratulations - you did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

GreenPath provided debt management for me. Their enrollment process was super simple and they were super helpful via the chat. Working with them helped me pay off my debt sooner.

Hi Torianna,

We love hearing the process is simple - we will continue to look at ways to make the process of enrolling and contacting us simple and efficient. Congratulations on your hard work, you did it!

Compliance Department

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

GreenPath helped me with different kinds of debt. The enrollment process was easy and somebody helped me make sure that I could financially afford all my payments, which I could. I didn't struggle with it. They were polite and friendly. My debt is now in a much better shape than what it was before I started working with them. I loved my experience. I've recommended a few of my friends to them and now, they're working with GreenPath and they do great. My friends love it too. It's awesome.

Hi Tracy!

Thank you for leaving a review and thank you for referring your friends to us! You accomplished your financial goals and you should be proud of yourself!

Congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Linda Murphy

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I signed up with GreenPath to regroup with bills and I went into their debt consolidation program. The rep I dealt with was really nice and she explained everything. Whenever I was going to add something on my account, she would tell me it was going to be this much a month and how long they were going to take to work on that. They divided up my payments over so many years then told me how much the monthly payment was going to be. And they told me that because I added more, it would be more. Working with them has been good for me because they were doing what they needed to do. So every now and then, I would call and check on things. I could also just go on the portal and see what was going on. Everything went smoothly.

Hi Letitia,

Thank you for providing a review - it is helpful for others to understand who we are and how we may be able to help. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We know it is not easy, and you did it!

Congratulations!

Compliance Department

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

There was a friend of mine who used GreenPath and he said to give it a try so I did. Everybody was courteous, polite, and positive. I paid off everything I needed just recently, so the account should be closed and done. Overall, the experience was fine. I'm glad it's over.

Hi Matt,

We are so happy you completed your program. We know it is is a huge accomplishment. I am so glad to hear staff provided a good experience as well.

Congratulations!

Compliance Department

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had some personal loans with a credit union and I was having a very difficult time paying them off. The credit union suggested that I look into working with GreenPath. As it turns out, my mom had been in a GreenPath program too for debt management. Enrolling with them was good. The most difficult part was getting my own paperwork together but after that, you just hand it over then they do everything.

GreenPath saved me. I had about 13,000 in unsecured debt and when it was all said and done, after I had to pay them their cut, I ended up paying around 16 grand. But it was the interest rates and they negotiated them. On some of my cards, it was like 25% so I wasn't making any headway. It was a five-year program and I was done in a little under three and a half years. I made a couple of extra payments here and there on things when I could. If one of my friends was in a similar situation, I would recommend GreenPath to them.

Hi Kristen,

You accomplished a huge goal is a short amount of time. Thank you for referring others to GreenPath - we are always happy to help others achieve their financial goals!

Wishing you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My credit card companies wouldn't lower the interest rate and they wouldn't negotiate. GreenPath was able to bring the interest rates down to a reasonable amount. Every time I called, I always talked to a person instead of a machine. The representatives were always very helpful and knowledgeable. They helped me figure the lowest amount possible that I could pay to the credit card based on almost no income that I had as I was getting a little bit of unemployment. I paid it all off. It was a great experience. They're fantastic and they help people get back on their feet because when a person has no debt, so many other things can happen. Without them, I would have not been able to get to this point. I am surprised people don't know about them. This is my second time using them. The first time, I had a job, but I was in too much debt, and somebody from Citibank told me about them because the interest rate back then was 32% on a credit card.

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time provide feedback! I am so happy to hear you felt like you spoke with someone who was helpful. We try so hard to provide that personal touch - we know calling may not be easy for many.

We wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

GreenPath was close to my house. I got with somebody and then they reached out to the credit card companies to see if we could get the interest rate lowered down to minimal, if anything. We consolidated three different accounts and then set a payment plan for about 52 months. They were very open and honest when going through my budget and how I wanted to keep one card for a little bit of money. The lady told me that it wasn't going to be enough to do any good so it was better to nip it all in the bud. There was no way I would be able to pay it off otherwise. GreenPath got me out of debt. My credit score is good now.

Hi Douglas,

Congratulations to you. Paying off debt is not easy. Your accomplishment is incredible!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Originally, I went with Clarifi for debt consolidation then Clarifi was absorbed by GreenPath. I entered it in August of 2017, and I just finished up this past October and I eliminated my debt.

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on finishing your program. Paying off debt is not easy and you did all the hard work! Best wishes to you.

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

GreenPath worked out okay. The reps were all good. We did go in several times and see a different person but mostly, it was done by phone. They were always professional. They were taking 900 bucks almost a month out of my Social Security check. I also had an issue where I got scammed by a student loan organization. I let them do it. I was too excited about getting the interest rate lowered.

Bank of America was one of my creditors and I would get a paper statement from them. The paper statement would always say Balance, Amount Past Due, and Amount Due. I called somebody early on. When I saw that, I thought, “Well, it’s not past due. You’re taking it out.” They said they would look into it but nothing changed. I just let it go and for the whole how many years I was on the program, those were how the statements were. Before the end, I called back. I talked to somebody different, and they changed this. It didn’t show up that way. It just showed up an amount due.

With COVID, it’s been hard to get an answer. My credit rating is really low. In fact, I haven’t checked it. It just depresses me. I’m wondering if that past due every month could have affected my credit rating 'cause it showed up every month. They assured me it shouldn’t affect it but I don’t know. I had other issues that could have caused my credit rating to be down so that kinda confuses the situation. But I’m happy it’s all paid off. It took a long time but I’m done now.

Hi Randall,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We hope that the scam/fraud with student loans was fully resolved. To confirm, the student loan fraud was unrelated to your services with GreenPath.

I understand it may be upsetting and disappointing when accounts are past due. We did notice that when the debt was added to the DMP the account was 90 days past due. If you would like to review any concerned related to your services or learn more about credit reports/credit scores, please give us a call. We are happy to help.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

It worked out fine with GreenPath. I was in the program for about four years and they did what they were supposed to do. I got out of debt.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for leaving a review of GreenPath. Congratulations on your accomplishment, paid off credit cards is not easy. You stayed with the plan and it worked.

Best wishes to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

GreenPath was recommended as an agency that could help you resolve your debt. It was community-based, so I went with them. I did their credit counseling program. The enrollment was very easy. The program helped me to eliminate my debt. I’ve completed it. Sometimes, it was confusing as to who my counselor really was or the person that I needed to talk to directly. Other than that, GreenPath's reps were honest with me and they encouraged me to keep in the plan. So, it was helpful. They showed me where I was making progress.

As far as the payment plan, I had to draw up a budget and I had to give them all my outstanding debts. They showed me what I could bring down, how I could pay down all my debts, and still stay within my budget. They made it very affordable for me to pay off my debt. At first, it seemed like three years is going to be a long time. But then as I saw my debt going down, I was encouraged and I stayed with it. Surely enough, I reached a point where I'm totally paid off. I feel free in a sense because I would have never pay this debt off on my own. I would have really been struggling and not making very much progress. So working with GreenPath was a way to clear my debt, bring up my credit score, and I feel very good about that. I would definitely tell anyone that's struggling, especially with credit card debt, to seek help with GreenPath.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. You accomplished an incredible financial goal! What a wonderful way to end this very challenging year. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

GreenPath Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

The process at GreenPath was good & easy. I downloaded their app, so that helped. Whenever they schedule a payment plan, I would get reminded. The reps were nice and helpful too. They knew what they were talking about and they seemed to always have an answer for me. They cleared my debt and I plan on using them again for another bill that I have that I'm gonna clear. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend GreenPath to friends and family.

Hi Justin,

We love hearing the process met your needs and you liked our new app. You accomplished a lot during your time with us. We wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was happy with GreenPath. They didn't bug you. They took the payment out. It was getting close to the end that I did need to cut the money down because I went back to my condo in Florida, and they cooperated with me and cut it down since I only had a year left and that really helped. But then, at the end here, I had to call and see how far I was and one of my plans got paid twice. So, they paid me back. It was a good plan. It was hard at first with that amount of money, but I felt very good as I knew it was getting paid down, and now that it's paid off, it gave me some peace of mind. It prevented me from charging and had me change my habits. Everybody was friendly too.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will review your account about a "plan" that was paid twice. Perhaps you are referring to a creditor getting paid twice. Your file will be reviewed for any coaching and feedback.

We wish you call the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I was at a point where I couldn't even borrow against my mortgage to pay my debt. With Greenpath, I paid my debt off and it gave me so much relief during a pandemic to be able to say that I am no longer in credit card debt. That was the most amazing feeling. It was just reorganizing my debt so I was not having to just pay off portions. My credit is more important than almost anything. To my divorce, I had none. Now my credit is building up again.

Hi Laurie,

Congratulations on your accomplishments. Paying off credit cards takes patience and hard work, and you did it during a pandemic. Best wishes to you!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

What led me to GreenPath was my daughter who was in NICU for eight months. We racked up a bunch of credit card debt and a bunch of other debt because after that, my wife went with renal failure. She had to have a kidney transplant and she had to quit her job. That just racked even more debt. It took us six years to get out of it. GreenPath was recommended by Bank of America. I was very delinquent on it, and their guy recommended GreenPath. The enrollment was very simple and easy. I called and I told GreenPath my situation. At first, I thought, "Is this going to be with Bank of America?" But I was able to put a bunch of other debt on there too. What I liked about it was they took care of it and called everywhere to see what kind of payment I could have. That was what I liked about it. I didn't have to do the dirty work. All I did was get the phone call and they told me how much they were going to withdraw out of my checking a month.

We completed the program a month ago. October was our last payment and it was to Bank of America. We had anywhere between five to seven different accounts, and we had been paying on it. At one point, we were paying $640 a month. Our credit score has gone up ever since we started with the program. It got really bad when we first started because everything was so delinquent. The advisor I had through GreenPath said, "This is what we're gonna do. We're gonna worry about the bills you absolutely need." That was all I paid for. It’s a good part of six months.

When I first called GreenPath, I was a little bit embarrassed. But the rep reassured me it's not an embarrassing situation. It was something that they could help me deal with and it was taken care of. After I got off the phone, I felt pretty confident about it. They were very upfront. Everything was done in October. Then the month of November, they told me I had 13 days if I had anything else to put on my account. But after the 13 days, they were gonna close it. It didn't get closed right away. So when November came around, they took out the 300 and some dollars we we're getting taken out every month. They just had to reimburse us that money. That was the only thing out of the whole experience that happened. They were very friendly. I already recommended them to somebody else and they called GreenPath for advice.

Hi Cody,

I hope that your wife and daughter are healthy and well! I cannot imagine the weight on your shoulders while caring for your family, meanwhile the bills do not go away. You have accomplished a lot!

I do see there was an opportunity for better communication at the end - thank you for sharing and letting us resolve the concern. We care about the service you receive with us.

We wish you all the best!

Compliance Department

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

A friend had told us about Greenpath, so we decided to call. They were great, told us how long it would take to pay off debt. We worked out a payment for each month. The payment were small, barely noticed it was being taken out of our bank. Thanks, Greenpath!!

Hi Fil,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review and extend a thank you to your friend who referred you! We know that paying down debt is not easy and you did it!

Happy Holidays!