Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.4/5 (3787 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

They are great. Couldn't be happier. Haven't had any problems with my creditors or anything. They have helped me out so much and they work with you on the monthly deposit. I was able to split mine because I just couldn't do it with one payday.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Robyn. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

FDR has allowed our family to make its way back. The counselors are great, the text contacts, messages and emails are useful and timely, and the program has really worked out well for us. When we're contacted by email or text to approve a settlement, it's fast and easy, and the monthly payments go off without a hitch. Thanks, FDR!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Arthur. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I would appreciate it if FDR would tell me the final amount due for my final debt and not keep telling me to keep up my payments. There is sufficient reserve in my dedicated account to cover any other charges over my settlement amount.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Robert. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The knowledge of the folks at FDR have continued to amaze me. I am less stressed having them handle these negotiations for me. Would recommend FDR to anyone needing help with creditors. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and remember those in need.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Theresa! We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Yes every call was very professional. Searched out and answered all my questions appropriately and in a timely fashion. It’s been a great experience and it helped me to focus on other things while those areas were being taken care of appropriately

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Gayle. It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I don't have any complaint, because you have saved me money and problems with my credit. The only petition is that give me my progress every month. Thank you for your support. I wish the best for these holidays with your family

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ricardo, thank you for reviewing your experience with us! We’re pleased to hear that you are happy with your savings. You can always track your progress on your client Dashboard which s is a great tool to stay updated on your accounts, you should also be receiving a monthly summary via email. Please contact customer service to update your contact information if necessary or call us to make sure those email are being sent. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief and happy holiday's!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief saved me. I felt so relieved when they took over and got all my debt settled. I was able to move on with my life and work towards getting my credit back on track. Life is so much better now. I can’t thank of them enough.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Brandy. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Thank you so much for choosing Freedom Debt relief as your guide towards financial freedom!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I'm still in the program and the process is going fine. Several of my bills have been paid off.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Maureen, thank you for reviewing your experience with us! We are very happy to hear that you're happy with the program progress! Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Great to work with and really know how to help. They really can help a hardworking person who tries to keep their head above water. When you're not sure what else to do to make needs meet it would be best to let someone else help and Freedom done that for me. Thanks.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! its always great to hear that you're happy with the program and the choice that you made, to allow us to help you in your journey to financial freedom! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I am happy with FDR the way they coordinated my credits to my creditors. FDR help me to get my creditors off my back and get my credits card bill to be paid off within forty eight months. I am very thankful to Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Victor. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Overall the program is good. Not very detailed oriented. Such as a better and more frequent breakdown of balances and end days. The commissions due FDR could be spread out more thus producing more frequent settlement, s. Resulting in more creditors receiving funds.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Cheryl, we appreciate the feedback. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

It was a long time coming but worth the wait. I'll glad I did this. Makes it easier and easy to manage. I would recommend this to anyone having trouble with debt. I hope I won't have to use this again but if so I would.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, James. Congratulations, all of your hard work has finally paid off! Enjoy your new debt-free journey and thank you very much for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Great experience. I very happy with the results! I was treated with dignity and respect at all times. They worked with me during Covid when I could not make my payments. I did have trouble getting correct information when I was sued by a vendor, but ultimately it was resolved.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Angela. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Deciding to go with Freedom Debt Relief was the best decision I made to free myself of debt! They talked to me and explained every step, helped me when I was being taken to court with 1 of my credit cards; (I think everyone should pay the money for the lawyer help)! If you're on the fence --- just do it. You'll be glad you did

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Kathleen. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I'm a very happy person. When I first signed up I was nervous, but Joel made sure I understood the process. I will recommend anyone to Freedom Debt Relief to fix their credit. 100% can't wait to get my life back. This is only the beginning.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Heidi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

It took a little over five years but this program negotiated lesser amounts with all but one creditor. I wasn't expecting the lesser amount difference to be counted as income come tax time. But it all worked out and did not put me in another tax bracket. The lawyers were great and helpful. We only had to go to court once but I was always represented. Every time I had a question, it was answered with professionalism. I do recommend Freedom Debt Relief as an alternative to bankruptcy.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Sheri. Congratulations, all of your hard work is paying off! Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My experience was a good one. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly & helpful. When I had any questions, I could call and was always given the information I was seeking quickly. The representatives are knowledgeable and always willing to go the extra mile to provide good service.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Lilith, for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I had quite a bit of debt after my husband passed away and it seemed as though the creditors didn’t care. I went to Debt Relief and they have help me to pay off debts and I am paying off last one and soon will be debt free.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Linda. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My credit has rebounded back to good with their help. Freedom is always professional and their support is top notch. Can’t believe I am almost graduating! Couldn’t have done it without their help. You just need to trust them. In the beginning that mountain of debt looks daunting but take a step at a time and you can climb it!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joseph, we cannot tell you how elated we are to hear about your experience! We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Thank you for your patience and understanding of the program and thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

At first I was real leery, not gonna lie, but, they've been here every step of the way.. I'm still a work in progress..Freedom has given me back my room to breathe. I do have a card that went to a law firm, I am hopeful that it will get resolved before my court date. Thank you Freedom!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Candace. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

It appears that all the savings that you tell me I am getting are not really savings as I am paying off the original amount of money I owed when started and the savings seem to be going in your pockets.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Dennis, thank you for reviewing your program. Compare our fees to the 100% debt + interest % + late fees + penalty fees if someone can't meet the monthly required minimum payment. We offer a proven solution at an affordable monthly cost that helps our clients pay down their entire debt - principal, fees, interest and all. Thank you for choosing Freedom debt Relief. We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I am really pleased with the help I have received so far. They were able to save me a lot of money on my first debt. I really appreciate them and the help they have given. I am glad they were recommended. If you are struggling, contact FDR as soon as possible.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Vickie. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My experience was very good. I was in hospital for shoulder replacement earlier this year and I was able to send less than my agreed to amount for a few months. I think I have 1 year left on my payments. Saved me a lot of money.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, James. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I already have seen progress in my accounts, signed up a few months ago. Very professional and helpful. I look forward of the debt being resolved and being debt free. Also if I have any questions I can call and get any information I need.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Cindy! We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I can still remember the first time I called the number for Freedom Debt Relief. I was apprehensive, distrustful, and totally afraid to tell someone that I didn’t know that I had done something foolish with my finances. The process was easy, the hardest part were the phone calls from the creditors wanting their monthly payments. With patience and perseverance I pushed forward to be sure my payments to Freedom were consistent. I was focused on the end result and it paid off in the long run. Whenever I called, the customer service staff was helpful and knowledgeable about my status and what to expect. Negotiations were beyond what I expected, timely and fair! From beginning to end I am extremely impressed with Freedom Debt Relief. They took the stress away and made it extremely easy for me to be debt free!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Irma, thank you for reviewing your experience! Congratulations on graduating from your program! Its always great to hear how pleased clients are with our service efforts! We hope that if you ever need anything or have any questions in the future that you reach out to us, we will always be here to answers any questions you may come across. Congratulations on your new debt free life and thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I have an anxiety disorder that makes doing personal business difficult. The lady handling my case has helped to make this much easier. She listens to me and my concerns without judgement. There is only understanding about my anxiety and how I ended up with debt. I have faith and hope that I will get through this.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Sheila! Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Was a little skeptical at first but now I see lots of progress. Just wish I could do more but have had some health issues lately and not able to work. Can't wait till it's all paid off and I'm done with debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Toni! We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step and we hope you feel better soon! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Was excited with my first negotiation.. Wish next one would be sooner than Jan Feb... But patience is a virtue.. I am sure in time more smaller ones will be done. Wish Credit First could be next.. They are relentless with calls.. What else can be done. Thanks for all your consistent notifications.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Eleene, thank you for reviewing your experience with us! Its always so exciting to settle your first debt, settlements are dependent on accumulating sufficient funds in order to settle the debt and as long as we continue accumulating funds we should have no problems meeting your goals in realistic timeframes. If you have questions about how we can expedite your program please reach out to our customer service team! We look forward to your brighter financial future, thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I am very happy with my experience but of course the monthly payments could be lower but I suspect that's a universal complaint and that in no way Reflect a negative experience. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief service to others.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Rosie. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Great customer service. FDR helped me with credit card debt due to medical leave from my job. They were there for me. I will try hard to increase or make extra payment to resolve this debts sooner, and bring my credit score up. Thank you, have a great Thanksgiving.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Jivka. We're honored to be your solution to financial relief. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief happy thanksgivings! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information