4.4/5 (2373 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The Freedom Debt Relief program provides an easy way to get out of debt. The Freedom Debt Relief program takes away all of the stress out of dealing with creditors. I am three months from my graduation date after only two years. I cannot wait to use the money toward a much-earned vacation instead of giving creditors all of my money.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sharon, congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I have nothing but positive things to say about Freedom Debt Relief. I'm slowly but surely getting myself back on track! They are always on point with their calls! Every time I've called they greet me, know exactly the answers to my questions. Feels like I made the right choice by using FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Christina, it is rewarding to hear that you feel this way about the service we have provided for you! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide to financial freedom!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Working with FDR has been a great experience. My program actually ended earlier than the deadline. I am so happy and thankful for the support and consistency from FDR staff. I would recommend FDR if you want a fair and professional company to assist you in erasing debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ronald! It is great to hear that you felt supported through your program! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I have done excellent in getting my debt reduced with Freedom Debt Relief. I'm pleased that I am nearing my graduation date. There is one small issue that Freedom can't seem to resolve, and that is that over the years, I keep getting Alerts that I haven't completed my Welcome Call. I did complete this call way back when I was supposed to, years ago. I've called so many times about it, but no one can fix the problem of me getting these alerts. I hope it doesn't interfere with me completing this process.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Carol, thank you for sharing this feedback. An account specialist will be looking into your account to make sure this alert is taken care of. Rest assured your completion will not be affected by this alert. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide to financial freedom!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

These days it is not difficult to overextend yourself with loans and everyday expenses that you find yourself overwhelmed. Freedom Debt Relief gives you a chance to ease the stress and anxiety you feel and still try to satisfy your creditors.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Abel, we are happy to hear that you felt supported during this process. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Due to my financial difficulties, I decided to do this consolidation, after some research I decided to work with Freedom Debit Relief, it took a long time for the last payment, but it was what saved me from my debts. It was very rewarding, worth it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Caesar, it is an honor to accompany you on your journey to financial freedom. We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

It was 3 year but well worth it. I paid more each month and yes it works. It was a big help in paying off my bills. I’m have stuck it out and don’t regret it. They work very hard to help you get out of Debt. I was now stress free once I enroll in your program. It takes a little time and patience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Venus! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Freedom Debt Relief has kept their word and continues to remove my debt. I appreciate the burden they removed from my shoulder. As of today they have paid off close to 50% of my total debt and I look forward to having all them paid in full.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Dennis! We are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Thanks to the Freedom Family. They were of great help to me in being able to consolidate all my debts and in a super fast time. Your program to save debts is excellent. I recommend it. They have a highly trained staff. Thanks for your attention.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello William! We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

It took months to find a resolution to the final account. FDR stated they had no info to contact account. I provided the information numerous times. It was extremely frustrating. It seems to take so very long to get a response!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Florence, sorry about the delay. Some creditors are definitely harder to work with and may take some time to settle those accounts. We still would like to congratulate you on all of your progress! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

It been great getting my debt down and almost paid off. Can't wait until it is paid off in full. It sure helps me out to paid off all my credit cards paid off much faster. It is great working with Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Teresa, we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I made the right choice when I chose FDR! When I lost my job I didn’t know how I would pay my bills with $1609 a month unemployment. I went from making $4000 a month to almost nothing! I was scared and didn’t know what to do! Then the FDR commercial came on! The rest is history!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Cheryl, we are very happy to hear that we have been able to help you during those hard and unexpected times of your life. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

FDR was the best decision I ever made!! Unbelievable what they did for me financially. I was deep in a 20,000 dollar hole and they bailed me with one interest-free payment of $300 a month. So thankful for FDR!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Lewis, thank you for sharing your program progress! We are happy to hear that you found our process helpful. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide to financial freedom!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

It is the best decision that I have ever made in my life, if it wasn't for Freedom Debt Relief I would still be stuck with all these unwanted credit card bills and getting deeper into debt. I would recommend freedom debt relief to all my friends and family.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi James, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are very happy to see all of your progress! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Thank you so much for the help of combining my three payments. I’m so happy for myself and the help I received to rid all my debt I had. Thank you for being there for me and I appreciate everything Freedom Debt Relief did for me and my family.

Brenda

Brenda,

So glad we could help reduce your stress and combine payments for you. We are more than happy to help, we are available 7 days a week. Thanks for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They guided me through step by step, awesome service. With their help it got me back on track. I am glad I used this service. I love the updates on my progress. When I first used this service my finances were in shambles.

Benard,

Glad we helped you step by step through this process and could help. It's good to hear you are getting back on track and in a better space in life. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I am satisfied with the progress and getting these taken care of. I thought they would be settled sooner and credit score would come up but they are getting paid off And I am looking forward to seeing them accelerated. Now that I am in the new plan hopefully things will proceed quickly from here... Thank you for your help.

Terry,

So glad you've started the process and thus far are satisfied. I know it can be frustrating when things don't move as fast as you want or expect, but thank you for trusting the process and hanging in there. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Freedom Debit Relief has been very helpful in getting my debts paid off. The support is great and helpful in keeping me motivated in sticking with the plan. Any questions or issues that I have had they have answered and resolved very quickly. Very happy with my decision.

Kathy,

So glad we were helpful to you with questions and concerns you have had throughout your program. Our goal is to be the best support we can to you and make the process as easy as possible. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief for your debt relief solutions.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

This company was very compassionate. They understood what I was going through. Very helpful. They kept me on track for financial freedom. Any time I called everyone went above and beyond. While I was going through this experience my husband passed away and I needed to change how much I was putting into my dedicated account. They set me up with no problems whatsoever.

Teresa,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I know this journey was not easy especially with the loss of your husband. Thank you for trusting us to help you with financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I did know what to do. I was at the end of my rope. When I got a phone call that was Freedom Debt I was upset. But I listen to him. I said ok. That when I know my problem was over. Freedom debt did it for me. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Lawrence, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I would like to thank you all for everything you did for me in resolving all of the accounts. If it wasn't for all of you, I couldn't have done it. Every one of the agents I spoke to was of help to me and were so patient and thorough in explaining answers to my questions. There were times when I couldn't afford a full deposit and someone was always willing to help me at my time of need. I am very grateful to all of you and wish you all the best in life. I will definitely tell my friends and relatives about this wonderful program. Thank you again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Mary, thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback with us. It an an honor to partner with you in this journey. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Agent was very thorough and explained all my questions. Follow up call agent was friendly and polite. Emails and mailed packet, plus the website, have been invaluable for resources. I feel like I truly understand the process and know what to expect as it goes along. My first deposit has been made and I am anxious to see the results.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Annetta, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I’m so thankful for inquiring about this program! They are amazing, and so far I am very satisfied. I have recommended a friend to Freedom Debt Relief program to help her with her credit card, and she was so grateful to know about the programs.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Wendy, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

My FDR group were always there to help me in my most difficult times. I will recommend them to my friends & family. I been through so many hardships and didn’t know where or when I oh was going pay my bill. I had to hold payments with my FDR and they understood my illness and hard ship and now I can say am done with my bills thanks to FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Lolita, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

If you're looking for help with your bills, this is the place to be. Fast, quick and dependable. They respond to emails very quickly and will follow up with phone calls as well. So if you're in a bind and need so help, please use Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

James, we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Great experience so far. Would recommend FDR to anyone that is experiencing credit card debt. It's not a sprint but a marathon, but worth it. Customer service members are always ready to answer questions when calling and are always available.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Josh, we are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

It’s taking a lot longer than I anticipated but I’m overall excited to be coming to a close! The customer service is indeed a very useful tool, they’re always pleasant and helpful and courteous with answering any questions you may have!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Leah, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Great at handling debt. Keeps you inform every step of the way. They also help you deal with creditor calls and being smarter about handling debt going forward. There is a lot of tutorial videos to help you along the way that you can watch.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Phelps, we are very happy to hear that the resources we have made available on your dashboard, have been helpful for you! We look forward to continuing to support you in your journey to financial Freedom! Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I couldn’t be happier with the group at Freedom Debt Relief. They gave me a plan to stick to and they have done the rest. Their support staff has been extremely helpful in directing me to options that will result in no more debt. I wholeheartedly recommend Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tim, we appreciate your wonderful feedback. We are proud to provide our clients with service that produces and experience beyond expectations. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Haven't started negotiation. First payment isn't until the 28th. Wish they could go ahead and get in touch with the card companies and begin negotiation. That would help with the calls and explanations to them. Really haven't had experience with them yet other than signing up. Need quicker negotiations.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Beverly, welcome to FDR! We look forward to beginning our journey to achieve your financial freedom. Settlements are dependent on accumulating sufficient funds in order to settle the debt and as long as we continue accumulating funds we should have no problems meeting your goals in realistic timeframes. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information