4.4/5 (2803 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 12, 2022

You can call 20 times requesting information to be email to you. They all say yes but weeks go by and you never receive what you ask for. No I'm not happy. This has happened to me all the time I call. Not happy.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Vicenta we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service efforts. An account specialist will reach out to address any questions you may have. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Freedom has a very caring and helpful staff. I have always had questions answered quickly. Very professional, personable and helpful, they keep you at ease. That is the best part, they keep you at ease! I would absolutely recommend Freedom services to others.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Patricia our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Updates have made me feel more comfortable about we’re my money is going. All of my questions have been answered in a timely fashion. My credit score is headed in the right direction. I have been a lot less stressed out.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Edwin we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 12, 2022

This is actually my second time using a program. There are times in life for you find yourself in a bit of a bind financially ringing up debt that you just don’t know how you’re going to get yourself out of. Freedom debt relief really does exactly what its name says… It gives you freedom and relieves your debt ! It’s not an overnight process and you have to be willing to be patient but it relieves a lot of stress and allows you to get back to a better place financially!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lacey it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 12, 2022

When I signed up for the program, agent said over and over that they could complete the program within four years or less. Now I find out that it’s going to go 10 months longer than they projected. I also think their fees are way too high, for example, I just settled at $2400 debt for $1400, but they are charging $600 in fees. That’s not much of a savings. Needless to say, I’m not happy right now but I’ll stay with the program because now that I’m in it, it’s the only way I can go to resolve his last two accounts.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jeffrey we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service efforts. Our program is estimate based and many factors can change the original estimate, we understand despite those factors this is frustrating. An account specialist will reach out to address any concerns you may have. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Every time I call with questions, as I'm very apprehensive about this process, the respresentatives are very helpful, polite and professional. I'm new at this and am worried about being sued and/or anything else that could happen. So far, all personnel I've talked to have said they have my back. So thankful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Barbara we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Couldn't be happier with the help FDR has provided to get me totally debt free. I would recommend this service to anyone who needs it. My credit has improved again too. Thank you for all your help in this time of need.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tyler we appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. We are happy to hear that youre pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Very helpful. Freedom Debt Relief give me peace of mind. They take care of everything, and update me anytime about my case, this makes me happy. I will strongly recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone who has many debt and don’t know how to deal with.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Flora thank you for reviewing your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Best choice I made for myself and my family! I couldn’t have enrolled and graduated so quickly if it had not been for Lorraine! She talked me through everything, she cheered for me when I got something paid and she gave me hope that I could do this without ruining my credit or my life!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Marnie thank you for reviewing your experience with us. It is an honor to be your solution to financial relief. We look forward to your continued success. Thank you for partnering with Freedom Debt Relief on your journey to financial freedom.

Original review: May 12, 2022

5 stars, excellent. They helped me to eliminate my credit card debt. I had 2 children in college and suddenly had to take care of my sick parents. I thought I was hopeless and did not know what to do. I am so grateful to the Federal Trade Commission for this wonderful program. Thank you, Freedom Debt Relief! Pamela

Freedom Debt Relief response

Pamela thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Was told my contract will not end until another 12 months and I advise that will add up to over 21,000 which would have illegal. My balance was less than that and how was I saving. Also if my account was being work on why didn't they know Bank of America brought my account back. I was told that only I could call the bank to see where it was sold to which I thought was your job.

Freedom Debt Relief response

John we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service efforts. An account specialist will be reaching out to address any questions you may have about the status of your accounts. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Spoke to two agents, both of them were very rude and had no empathy to what I was trying to explain. All they were interested in is collecting Freedom's money and the ways in which they could. I could starve for all they cared.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Mala we are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with our customer service team. Our goal is to provide you with the support you need to help you succeed in your program, but we also want to make sure our client are comfortable when speaking with us. An account specialist will be reaching out to address the concerns you have expressed. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide to financial future.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I recommended my brother. I Also would recommend you guys to anyone I know with any financial problems. My experience with you guys has been nothing but awesome. So that is why I would definitely recommend this program for any of my friends or family.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Terrance it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 11, 2022

So far so good. I have not heard from any of my creditors. The people have really been nice when they call. I will be glad when I see my debts start to go down. What a relief it is to me to not worry about those bills every pay period.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Patsy we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Rest assured we are actively working on settling your accounts, if you have questions about our negotiations process, please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Easy system to use and feel good about. It does not take long to learn and work with. It is great for the mind. Thank you for providing some peace. The plan is very simple and great to learn. People should have faith in what will come about..

Freedom Debt Relief response

Irene It is great to hear that we have been able to help you achieve your goals of becoming debt free. We are excited for your continued success! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I highly recommend the program and I am very thankful and I wouldn’t have been able to do it on my own. The program helped relieve my stress. They were very professional and I was contacted about every new development very punctually.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Deanne thank you for reviewing your experience with us! It is great to hear that we have been able to relieve some of the stress you were feeling regarding your debt! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I rated very good because they did resolve my debt almost 100 % but it takes them longer to resolve last one. Rather than that very good. It takes 5 years to graduate. The employee are very helpful and very nice. I’m happy with the Freedom. They help their clients to settle debts to debtor.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Edita thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 9, 2022

About 7 years ago, my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. She chose “Obama Care” even though I had BCBS and wanted her to stay with that. We had to move to a multi-licensed facility that was about $7k and often $10k per month. I had to quit work as even there, it was a 24/7 requirement. At the hospitals at various times, many things were not covered so I left credit cards everywhere. It was like an open tab at a CW Bar. For years, I was getting charge payment demands for a variety of charges. Finally, I collapsed under the weight and thought of BR, but, could not bring myself to do it. So, with a ton of debt, I went to FDR and after what seems like “forever” it was all finally paid off - at greatly reduced amounts without any harassments! Great work negotiating and consult with and for me!

Freedom Debt Relief response

David thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I really like Freedom Debt Relief because they get to know you personally and your money situation. I was stressed because of all my accumulating debt, I lost a good paying job and got a mediocre paying job and I couldn’t even afford my monthly minimum payments any more. They explained absolutely everything in detail and reassured me I would become debt free in no time. Thanks again for all your help!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Bethany our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 9, 2022

It is a slow process but will be worth it in the end. Hopefully I will be finished very soon. Make the commitment. Times are hard right now and it’s easy to get in trouble. Before it gets to hard, check this process out. You’ll be glad you fit.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Pamela we are happy to hear that youre pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I'm turning the company in for pulling money out of my account when there was none to be pulled out, now I'm 300 in the negative, disabled and not working....I called and asked for it not to be pulled out, and have it in text....and recorded....I was suppose to call back with a date for this to happen, and it happened without my say....

Freedom Debt Relief response

Anthony we are sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations. An account specialist will be reaching out to address any questions you may have. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Whenever I would call they were always helpful and very professional. Would always be prompt with information. Always polite and cheerful! Very knowledgeable in my options! Website very easy to get all information and any questions! Easy way to get to your debt solution.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Theresa thank you for reviewing your experience! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 7, 2022

When resolving a debt, the fees charged by Freedom Debt ended up being almost equal to the amount saved off the original debt. Even after depositing 10,000 dollars into my dedicated account, freedom debt took a super long time resolving any outstanding debts.Would not recomend them to a friend and probably won't be using them Austin in the future.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ethan we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your savings. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. Yes, your creditor may have presented a lower settlement amount, but that is just to pull you back in so they could hit you with having to pay the full balance. Our settlements are secure and offer you a reduction in your debt that will lead you to become financially free. We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I enjoy working with the staff, they're amazing and work with you whatever situation your in financial. I'm glad they were some assistance to me in reguard of the situation I was in at the time, struggling, with how I was going to pay off some of the debt I'm in. Thanks for you all support!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ann we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Freedom Debt has done so much to get me back on track with my finances, both the accounts that I am up to date on and those that were past due. I highly recommend them with any financial issues that you might encounter.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lynette we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Thank you for stopping the phone calls and for restoring a sense of calm in my life! I got behind on all my bills and further in debt because of quadruple bypass open heart surgery. While recovering and telling the creditors that - they just called more and thought I had the money and was not paying it! I turned what was allowed over to FDR and the calls stopped! Now it is all almost settled and paid off! Thank you FDR! You are a lifesaver!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Albert it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 6, 2022

So far so good! You have been very helpful and very easy to understand! You have provided a lot of information that I will need to deal with these credit card companies in the future. Hopefully all this will be me out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Robert thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I'm in the early stages of program... The FDR team got me started fast. So far so good. My major bills should be paid in half the time... Really looking forward to my settlement day, seemed so far away. I must stay patient and positive. Thank-you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us David, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have been with FDR for about 9 months. They have already settled 4 of my accounts. I am excited about getting all my accounts resolved and starting anew with my credit journey. If you are struggling with credit card debt this may be the way to go. Thanks FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Esha our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Freedom has resolved a couple of my debts already, and I've joined less than a year ago. The people I have spoken with have been courteous and friendly. If I have any issues they are addressed and taken care of right away.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Denise we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information