4.5/5 (2401 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I just want to say thank you. You have helped me tremendously and you're continuing to help me. Thank you for helping me straighten up my financial life. Great company. Good people to work with.. I would recommend them to anyone.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Johnny, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I cannot say enough about Freedom Debt. I walked in on a friend discussing options with Freedom Debt, 5 minutes. I was ready. I cannot tell anyone enough that this group is the best, the only way to go. They are always there, willing to help ease your mind, make the path so easy to be on and relax your mind with their help. If anyone is considering working on getting rid of stress and paying bills monthly, please read this email over again. Freedom Debt is the only way to go. You will have the best group to be on your side. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Judy, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Yes I would. It’s been good so far, I am just excited to get my debt paid off and not have to worry about it anymore and this is the only option I had because there was no way I could pay off my debt without Freedom Debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Desiree, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Great experience so far; great website and very clear explanations by everyone I’ve spoken to; patience and understanding also. No judgment just helpful people; the website makes it very easy to track everything; I would say the amount of emails I get now from freedom are a bit much but it’s okay they’re manageable so far. I also liked the packe I received in the mail because I can refer to it when I’m not on my computer or phone and it sits on my desk where I can always see it reminding me of what I’m doing and my goals.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Kimberly, it is fantastic to hear that you felt supported when speaking to our agents. We look forward to your future success in your program! Please let us know how we can continue to support you!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Everyone is so nice and intelligent.. considerate care only what they can do to help me. I dealt with this company before years ago and was totally satisfied.. Being so far in debt is very hard to handle. So I greatly appreciate all you do for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Donna, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Excellent experience. I highly recommend them to everyone who has credit card debt. Personal or business-related, they should call and let an expert handle it. You’ll be glad you did that because it’s too involved to handle it properly by yourself.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joseph, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our members experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

My experience has been good so far. Only have been with this program one month. Hope to have a financial breakthrough and be debt free sooner than I projected. The financial coaching have been very friendly and well-knowledgeable. I will recommend these services to all my family members.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Hiram, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

I highly recommend the FDR program to anybody deep in debts. Just one payment a month and forget about it. This program will get you out debt in no time. I just graduated from this program and I can't believe I'm DEBT FREE. Thanks FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Miguel, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Very happy with the progress with my accounts. Have one settlement and waiting for two more. I am less stressed and waiting for the other two settlements. Looking forward to being debt free. I have already spoken to several family members and friends who have signed up with FDR and they are very happy and a lot stress free.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Zoraida, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Freedom debt relief has given me a second chance to take control of my finances. I am happy to have the opportunity to reconcile with debtors and bring the collections to a close. It is without a doubt that I chose the right department to guide me through this matter.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Javier, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Twice I have sent legal document and I have been told that they either did not receive them or the listed accounts are not part of my program. It was later that I found out someone had lied about the original inquiry regarding programs accounts.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Michael, rest assured our customer service team is ready to help at any point that you may need assistance! Thank you for allowing us the honor to partner with you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Freedom Debt Relief is always there for all questions I may need to ask. There during the hard times and when the happy times come when one debt is gone. You can always reach them on email or phone. There is videos to watch. You can always see the updates on your account and where you are at on the next debt to get done.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Charlet, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

This co was not too pushy. The representative was very clear as to how this works. I had to leave ask if he could back later. He said yes, then he couldn’t make the time so he had another representative call right on time and everything was handled and the two representatives were on the same page everything was just the same.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Darrell, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

They did a good in settling my accounts. Was very pleased and satisfied. Will consider them again if in trouble with any debts. They were very polite and respectful. Responses to me quickly when I had any questions and were very helpful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Dolores, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

You have been helpful. I messed up on my total monthly expenses and am working with on of your associates to fix and review. Thank you for your help in organizing my expenses and a good experience thus far. Kind regards- Pam

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the necessary help to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Fast notifications and response to questions and information. Pleasant customer service members, ease of access for someone who is tech challenged. I am glad I chose this site to help me with my debt reduction, and am looking forward to finishing my program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Mary, thank you for giving our team the opportunity to earn your trust, review and recommendation. We are all here anytime you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Excellent program to address personal indebtedness. Be sure you sign up for legal assistance which provided with with help in addressing 2 creditors taking me to court. Freedom Debt Relief team members were very helpful throughout our program. I appreciate the help provided throughout our program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Harold, we are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

The staff have been friendly and fair while being upfront with all my interactions. They have been very assertive in helping me get my debts reduced. I am looking forward to completing the program and have all my debts zeroed out.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Lynn, thank you for sharing your experience with us! Rest assured our customer service team is ready to help at any point that you may need assistance! Thank you for allowing us the honor to partner with you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I used to have 20+ thousands of debt., but Freedom Debt Relief has really helped get me!! I don't get Debt collectors calling me or anything. My credit more importantly has gone way up compared to where it was. FDR has really done a miracle for me!!! Thanks Freedom Debt Relief!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Cynthia, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

You have done very good helping me to get my credit back on track. Making it easy with payments. I would tell my friends that need help too. You have shown that you really do care about your clients. Thanks.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Patricia, it is great to hear that you are happy with your progress so far. Rest assured that we will continue to work hard on your behalf to settle your accounts and obtain the best savings possible, across all of your accounts!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Good service. I’m really happy with guys. Your company really take care and I feel good because I need to start again. I know I make mistakes but I’m not perfect. Thanks Freedom. You really take care the customers y make happy, good service, good attention and good customers service

Freedom Debt Relief response

Octavio, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Let these folks help, it is way too easy to get behind in today's world and financial state all it takes is 1 bad thing and your sunk. For us it was both of our vehicles had to be replaced and bam we were sunk financially. These folks have given us hope helping us take care of our debt. It Will at first seem like there is no way out from under the stress but by the time the first debt is paid in full and they then start working on another the relief and breath of air you take will seem lighter and more sure. Continue to keep yourself in check and do not continue to outstretch your current finances when you're able. You like us will see the light at the end of the dark tunnel

Freedom Debt Relief response

Aaron, we appreciate your words of encouragement for future and current members. Your patience and hard work have really shown in your progress! We look forward to your continued success!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Freedom Debt Relief seems to have painlessly solved any issues regarding debts. Great job. It gives me a good feeling being helped in getting debts under control. More struggling individuals or couples should not be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help when they need it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Gloria, we are happy to be able to join you on your journey to a better financial future! Please let us know how we can continue to support you!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Yes I would. This program helped me so much. I was swimming in debt, now I getting out of debt, with the help and support of your wonderful staff. Thank you so much. My credit report is getting better, and I breathe a sigh of relief. Again I thank you everyone for your assistance and help, keeping me informed with each transaction.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Loreen, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Experience has been excellent. I am so happy to have this debt being resolved and you have been most accommodating at keeping me updated and informed as it goes along. Would highly recommend you to any of my friends who are in need of debt resolution. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Betty,we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

The Freedom Debt Relief program helped me a lot to pay the obligations that were generated with the banks for credit cards and the high interest that they charged. They negotiated for me and managed to get out of my debt with a fixed monthly payment. Goodbye to stress.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Rafael, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

My assistant is now a client of yours. I do recommend you. Do you know if someone is doing the bankruptcy that you have to pay back, can they switch over to FDR? My daughter in law would like to sign up as well.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Neely, thank you for recommending our program to your friends and family. For more information about enrollment requirements, we urge you to contact one of our certified debt consultants any day of the week at 800-852-1431.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I've been pleased with this program, it has provided much stress relief. It's affordable and convenient, the communication is very good and quick. I appreciate this program is available to people in my situation, who are willing to pay their bills but can't always pay in full, and the negative communication with creditors is erased. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lynne, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

It was an easy program to sign up for, the benefits were explained very well, the process was easy, and they have always answered any questions that I’ve had. They explained the upfront negative side to the credit score and have worked with me when I needed help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Adam, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We were seriously floating in debt, looking at a 30 year process to pay down the debt. With help from Freedom Debt Relief we were done in a little over 4 years. Discover credit card company was the glitch that made it difficult. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Eric, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information