4.5/5 (2427 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I was very pleased with how fast my settlement was taken care of. The ones I spoke with was understanding and answered all my questions. I have worked with this company for several years and they have done everything they told me they would. I appreciate the hard work they do.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Regina, this is exactly what we strive for! Thank you so much for trusting us and taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on being transparent and supporting our clients every step of the way. Thank you again, we wish you nothing but success in your future.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I was a little skeptical about the program when I first ran into it online yet I still put in a nap application just to see but came of it. Financial debt relief agents genuinely care about finding the best solution for our financial situation, I would definitely recommend a friend to financial deputy.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Rodolfo, this is so wonderful to hear! We know that the beginning of the program can be a little nerve-racking because it is something new but we want you to know that we are here to support you every step of the way. Thank you for sharing this review and we want to thank you again, for choosing us!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I am so happy I went with Freedom Debt Relief.. I made a good choice and pretty soon I will get out of debt real soon. I'm looking forward to be getting out of debt with help. I would refer my friends and family if they're drowning in debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Patricia! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Right now I can say the company is really helping me out get my debt in order. They said within six months I should start seeing some settlement. Hopefully by a year and a half I should be almost debt-free. I am thankful for Freedom and hopefully they can get their job done.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Tiffany, we are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Everything seems to be going great. I appreciate the settlements that have been made and the strides to keep working on the others. I hope that in the future when I need to use your services that it will be as good as it has been up to now. Thank you so much. J **

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jeffrey, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I started this program and it has helped me tremendously. FDR has been able to achieve reducing my debt by so much. I do not feel trapped with payments any longer. This is the best thing I could have done for myself. Highly Recommend.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Lee! Reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I am so pleased that my debt is being resolved so quickly. It is such a great relief to me to be debt free. Thank you for the great negotiating on my last loan. That was amazing. Through the whole process everything was so transparent and I really appreciate that. It has been such a worry! But now I'm feeling so much relief. Thank you for all you do!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Pamela, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Freedom has definitely helped my stress over my credit card debt. Would recommend highly to anyone with debt. Easy access and always communicate when they have a settlement for your approval. Please consider them when making a big decision like this. Thanks and God Bless.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Steven, thank you for giving our team the opportunity to earn your trust, review and recommendation. We are all here anytime you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

When it comes down to it. I didn’t save money. After the fees and the accounts going higher. I really didn’t come out ahead. Will not do this ever again. The fees are outrageous and ended up costing me more money in the long run. I would not recommend this to anyone looking to actually save money.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Dawn, remember our clients are carrying a credit card balance from month to month, interest is charged on a daily basis, and it affects both the existing balance and any new purchases that post to their account. The interest you’re charged one day also becomes part of the balance accruing interest the next. In other words, credit card interest compounds daily. Even with our settlement fee, maintenance fee, and taxes, those totals could not exceed the compound rates like credit cards.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Yes, I would recommend FDR to friends and strangers alike, it is good to have a program to help people when unexpected things result in financial hardship. I find them easy to work with, and communication is one up to date and responses are quick. I feel protected by this program because I see as well as others can see light at the end of the tunnel, it has the result of saving my credit, and rebuilding a Strong financial future. Thanks to all of the representatives. Sister Saidah

Freedom Debt Relief response

Saidah, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that we have been able to put you at ease and help you get that debt behind you. Congratulations on being debt free, we wish you nothing but continued success! Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I am please so far with the results of the program after a rocky start. The initial contact person omitted a major debt that was supposed to be included. I had to take money from my retirement account to pay AMEX in full to prevent legal action!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Paul, thank you for your feedback. We are proud of your hard work and success in your program!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The communication with Freedom Debt Relief has always been a very satisfying experience. Satisfied with your company and I would highly recommend to friends and family. I'm looking forward to see my next settlement. I've contacted by Consultation Plus. I would really appreciate your contacting me with recommendations for this program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Carlos, thank you for letting all of us know that we continue to meet your expectations. We want to always make sure you understand everything you can about your financial journey and what it takes to keep you on the road to financial freedom. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I turned 65, had to retire due health issues. I had always paid my bills but I knew living on social security was going to make me make min. payments. They helped me reduce what I owe and now I at least have some money to live on. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Nicholas! We are happy that we could provide you with some relief and support you on your journey to becoming debt free. Thank you for trusting us and sharing your experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

My credit card debt had me in a real bad situation. With the help and guidance of Freedom Debt Relief we are working through it. I am glad that we got together and approached the issue with them. My budget is manageable and I am saving a great deal of money in finance charges and ridiculous interest rate that were impossible for me to get ahead of.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Randall, thank you for sharing your review! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our services and wish you nothing but continued success.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Very accurate with figures on a person's account and professional. When calling the person is accurate with obtaining the correct information. When an account has to be approved for the company's mark down, Freedom corrects the amount immediately and sends an email to the customer.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ida, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I am truly grateful for the quick and efficient response for my request for the Debt Relief program. All members of the staff that assisted me with getting the process started and finalizing enrollment were very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief for helping me with these tough and nerve wracking times.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Roberto, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

They provide great information, guide you thoroughly with all informations and what works best for your case, they review all your options and help you have a monthly payment accommodated to your current financial status, they work well on when is better for you to withdraw the payment for your account and they are awesome on working your case with courts as well.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jessica, thank you for sharing your review! Yes, debt and worry free is the goal and we can't wait to see you get there! Thank you for trusting us and sharing your experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I found myself overwhelmed with debt. This program has been very satisfying. They did all the work! I made sure the funds were in my account and FDR negotiated with my creditors. In about 4 years all my debt was paid. I am so satisfied. I am able to start fresh. Life threw a lemon orchard at me but FDR made refreshing lemonade. Thank you FDR!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ava, we are honored that you chose us and are so excited to hear about your program results! Keep up the amazing work, we are so proud of you and your success.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

It was smooth and easy working with Freedom Debt Relief. They only contacted/communicated you when a debt was ready to be settled. Occasionally, if I had a question, customer service was friendly and patient and answered all of my questions.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Corinne, this is exactly what we strive for! Thank you so much for trusting us and taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on being transparent and supporting our clients every step of the way. Thank you again, we wish you nothing but success in your future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

They were very helpful and very knowledgeable. Kept me informed of every move they were making on my behalf. Would recommend this program to a friend. Was the best decision I’ve made to help get myself out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ranea, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Just understanding what to send FDR, don’t want to not send enough but still receiving lots of credit calls, text, or emails. Other than that I have had a couple settlements already, so that’s great news! No regrets getting on track to help clear up my debit with the help of FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Julie, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I'm always advised on what's going on, I can always go to my dashboard and see what's been paid and what they are working on now. They have helped me immensely, I'm very Thankful, they keep me up to date on everything.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Linda, we are happy to hear that your dashboard has been helpful for you! Keep up the great work, we wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I could not be happier with the decision to go through these guys! It is so convenient, and they help you every step of the way! I would recommend to anyone going through debt issues, to check these guys out.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Whitney, thank you for giving our team the opportunity to earn your trust, review and recommendation. We are all here anytime you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Caring and took appropriate actions right away. Very professional. I will always go to Baylor Dallas for my medical needs pertaining to my specific diagnosis. The doctors, nurses, and all of those in caring for me were very helpful and professional.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Gregory, we are so thankful that you chose us to be your partner on your journey to becoming debt free. We are so excited for you and cannot thank you enough for this wonderful review. We wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I have had conversations with both Chris and Molly. They have been so helpful and encouraging. The entire experience has been awesome and I’m finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel in a fairly short amount of time.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Christel, thank you for sharing your review! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our services and wish you nothing but continued success.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

You guys are the best!! I will definitely refer you to everyone that I come in contact with that is having a debt problem. You have given me peace, so that I can sleep at night knowing that my debt is being resolved. Thank you for everything that you are doing for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Deborah, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Waiting for an account to be paid off that’s has been turned over for collections. It needs to have something done on it before they come after my assets. FDR had been notified months ago. Need it taken care of.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Nancy, thank you for reaching out to us. An account specialist will be reaching out to address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Yes! I will recommend to a friend. Customer service are very nice especially to Ryan ** and Mr. **. You help me understand the real process. I'm new to this program but with your help I know the process will be smooth. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Elvira, thank you for giving our team the opportunity to earn your trust, review and recommendation. We are all here anytime you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I loved the dashboard, it Kept me up to date with the progress I was making. Customer service always answered all my questions or concerns in a timely manner.

I am so glad I opted to do debt reduction with FDR vs bankruptcy!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Linda, we appreciate you for trusting us! Thank you for this review and we are thankful that you chose us to help support your financial goals.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Good experience. However, I was surprised to see some of the fees. Pretty expensive. I like the communication. It does feel better now to see some progress. With the loan, I like the fact that debts will be settled sooner rather than later.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Janice, thank you for your feedback. Settlement fees are already calculated into your estimated program cost. If you have questions about the fee percentage, we encourage you to contact our customer service team! We are ready to hep, seven days a week!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information