Call toll free
4.54/5
Based on 3,117 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $10 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

15444 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

I’ve only been in the program since February & they have already negotiated one debt for me. I am anxious to see more debt resolved & become debt free in the next two years. Their program really does work if you keep following their advice.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your success thus far, Linda, and we can't wait to continue to assist you on this journey to becoming debt free! If you think of any questions, you can always reach out to our Client Services department at (800)655-6303 or you can chat with us through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Very helpful and informative. Can't wait to see my accounts being paid off in a way that I would never be able to do alone. Thank you for giving people a second chance and allowing me to look ahead without the constant worry of late payments.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Marivel, for taking the time to leave a review! We look forward to assisting you in your goals in wanting financial freedom! Should you think of any questions, please reach out to our Client Services department at (800)655-6303 or reach out through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Very nice and courteous service from the agent who helped me with my current situation of not being able to pay my original payment due to my financial status having to change because of my retirement from my job. I appreciate his understanding and help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're appreciate your kind feedback, Melva, and are happy we can help you through this difficult time! Our Client Services team is always available to answer any questions or give you update on your program. You can reach us at (800)655-6303 or you can chat with us through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Overall, everyone has been very nice and patient. They make a difficult experience easier, by keeping us informed. Communication is excellent, through each step, answering questions and concerns along the way. Would definitely recommend to anyone having debt problems to call “Freedom”.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the kind review, William! We appreciate your recommendation of our program to ours in need of help and look forward you helping you achieve your goal. If you think of any further questions, please reach out to our Client Services department at (800)655-6303 or reach out through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I am very happy with the results of my experience with this company. I would recommend you to all of my family and friends. You have lifted a great weight off my shoulders. You are a professional company, always there when needed.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your kind feedback, Ms. Dugan. Please know it is absolutely our pleasure to provide you with peace of mind regarding your finances. We also would like to thank you for recommending our service to other consumers. Many are not aware of the options available to them to relieve them of the strongholds of debt. Be sure to visit your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com to view any important communications or updates we may have for you. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your brighter financial future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I've been with Freedom Debt Relief for about a year now and I'm so relieved about my current financial status. Regardless of my past credit cards debt, Freedom has gotten me on a manageable payment plan with a future plan insight of finally being FREE from my existing debt. Thank you Freedom!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

It is absolutely our pleasure, Dana, to accompany you on your debt-free journey. We are so glad to hear how pleased you are with our negotiation efforts and the service we've provided. Remember, you can monitor your progress toward graduation by logging on to your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. You can also chat with us live should you have any questions. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your financial freedom.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Everyone we spoke with and have worked with has been so kind and non-judgemental; this has been very much appreciated. There has been only one slight glitch: I have asked that my monthly payment always be deducted on the 22nd of the month. Sometimes it is deducted on the 21st instead, which can cause me to be charged an extra derby my bank. The money is always available on the 22nd. Please go back to that date. The amount that goes to my FDR account is difficult enough to pay.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Ms. Kravitz. We are very glad to hear how pleased you are with our level of customer service. We also would like an opportunity to address your concerns regarding the scheduled draft date. A team specialist will be reaching out to you shortly in an attempt to resolve your concern. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have been helped a great deal with the service they provide and am happy with all they do except fo the continued email asking me about signing up other debts they found. I have called twice letting them know I don’t want to add any other debts and they have told me they would make sure I didn’t get that email anymore and I just got another one. I really wish they would fix this and they would have 5 stars instead of 4.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Mr. Edgar. We're glad to hear you are pleased, overall, with the service we've provided. However, we are disappointed to learn of the mishap regarding the account notifications. We will be sure to research this matter and disable any future alerts about enrolling additional balances. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please continue to reach out to our Client Services team regarding any other questions or concerns that come up for you. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to a brighter financial future!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Good rapid response to my requests; responded to all feedback and requests (positive or negative). FDR is the way to go! I have used FDR for six months the service and customer service was outstanding. They treat me as if you are their only individual in which they have many. I have recommended them to a few other friends of mind. Very pleased. Thank for the 1st settlement; keep up the good work.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your first settlement with us, Arthur! We are very glad to hear how pleased you are with our service. We also appreciate you for recommending our service to others. Remember, our Client Services team is available 7 days a week to address any questions or concerns about your program. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your brighter financial future!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I would like to say the lady who helped me is extremely knowledgeable in her job. And she listened to each of my questions thoroughly, so she could give me absolute understanding. This is an important quality to me. Thank you for having her on your staff.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much, Christie, for complimenting the service provided by one of our talented advocates in Client Services. We will be sure to pass on the kudos for a job well done! It is rewarding to hear the advocate took her time to clearly understand and address the concerns you had at the time. Excellent feedback! Please continue to reach out to our knowledgeable Client Services team with any other questions or concerns that come up along the way. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your financial freedom!

Original review: May 21, 2019

That Freedom Debt Relief can be trusted because of their information sharing ability. And their great interest in their clients, to help them get out of debt. Their openness is highly commendable as far as I am concern. They work according to their commitment to their clients, and I think that's commendable also.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate the many compliments, Augustus, and are very glad to hear how pleased you are with our service. It is absolutely our pleasure to be a guide to brighter financial futures for our clients. We ask that you continue to contact us in Client Services with any questions that come up for you about your account. You can also view the details of your account at anytime by logging on to your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

The people at Freedom From Debt have always been respectful and helpful. They've kept me up to date and offered positive support throughout the process. I know they'll continue to do that. Whenever I called them with a problem or with a question they were always willing to help and prompt in doing so. From the beginning when I sent the first phone call and we set up my program via the phone, until they informed me of the settelement having been done, I've always felt that they had my best interest in mind. I would certainly recommend them to others with a problem like mine.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your amazing feedback, James! Freedom Debt Relief is thrilled to take control of your debt and we would greatly appreciate if you recommended our program to anyone you see fit. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Two settlements in less than 2 yrs. One more to go. Has been easy to make deposits in my dedicated account. Thankfully I will be out of debt soon. Would recommend to anyone wanting to get out of debt. Thank you so much.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your progress, Carol! We are confident financial success is coming your way, keep up the great work! Don't hesitate to reach out to our Client Services department if you have any questions along the way, they can be reached at 1 (800) 655-6303 or by emailing support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Thanks for assisting us with our Debt Program. Especially would like to thank Gary ** for taking the time and explaining the process. He was very informative and answered all the questions I had thoroughly. Will recommend to friends if need be. Thanks Gary.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We value your positive feedback about your experience with Gary, Jose! We will be sure to pass along your kudos and would be very grateful for you to recommend us to your family and friends. Don't hesitate to reach out to our Client Services department if you have any questions regarding your program, they can be reached at 1 (800) 655-6303 or by emailing support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Finally I found the way to change my stressful life with the bank's debts. I feel the Freedom and less stress! Everything is under control. I am paying less and in the future, my debts will be paid off. I like it and I am happy!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're so glad we can assist you on your journey to financial success, Mary! We are confident you will soon obtain financial freedom! Don't hesitate to reach out to our Client Services department if you have any questions along the way, they can be reached at 1 (800) 655-6303 or by emailing support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have been totally pleased with Freedom Debt Relief. They have been courteous and helpful, answering all my questions. I wish it did not take the 48 months to complete the process, but I do understand why. I will be very glad when this is fully finished. Again, they have been wonderful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, Sarah. We are honored to accompany your debt-free journey. If you ever have any concerns regarding your Graduation Path, feel free to contact Client Services for assistance. We're available 7 days a week to support your journey. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to a brighter financial future.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Thomas did a great job with handling my situation and set me up with best solution. I have all of the confidence I can now have a little relief. Tom was very courteous and knew what he was talking about and took the time needed. I look forward to working with this institution because of my current situation.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for recognizing the awesome service provided by your debt consultant, William. We will be sure to pass on the kudos for a job well done! As you begin your journey with us, always remember our Client Services team is available 7 days a week to address any concerns that come up along the way. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Mike did a great job explaining all the products and how the program works! The entire process was easy, and and it took no time at all to get started. I finally feel we may be able to get from under this cloud of debt!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, Christopher! Thank you for sharing the wonderful service that was provided by your debt consultant. We will be sure to pass on the kudos for a job well done! As you begin your debt-free journey, know that our advocates in Client Services are just as dedicated to your success in our program. We are available 7 days a week and can be reached by calling (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your brighter financial future!

Original review: May 21, 2019

First I must thank FDR and Consolidated plus first. I am so grateful and appreciated to relieve a tremendous stress off of me. I have health issues and I'm able to cope with ease! What an awesome gift. Thank you!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are honored to know our service has benefited you so greatly, Ms. Cash. Congratulations on obtaining the Consolidation Plus loan! We're glad the transition is going smoothly for you. We here at Freedom Debt Relief wish you all the best and a brighter financial future. Thank you for the opportunity to service your financial needs.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My FDR customer service rep really helped immensely. First, I needed to enroll a new debt. He walked me through everything I needed to do. Second, a constable stopped by while I wasn't home and left a note to arrange to get my papers. My FDR rep assured me that they could help, advised me to make arrangements with the constable to get said papers and the steps to take after that. So far, so good...

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Mr. Savell, in sharing how our Client Services team has provided you with guidance regarding the matter. Our knowledgeable advocates in Client Services stride to provide the best customer service possible to our clients. We also would like to thank you for taking out the time to contact us when assistance was needed. Please let us know how we can continue to support your debt-free journey. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Happy with everything so far. It’s just a slow process and I am impatient. I don’t like still getting all the phone calls but I understand how both sides feelings early in the program and I don’t know what else to say.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your feedback, Ms. Anderson. Understandably, the beginning stages of the negotiation process can be extremely challenging for our clients. However, we are confident that our negotiators are taking every opportunity that presents itself to negotiate and settle the enrolled balances. If you ever have questions regarding the status of your account, feel free to contact our Client Services team for assistance. We are available 7 days a week and you can reach us at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Hang in there!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Everything everyone I have dealt with has been Pleasant and very easy to deal with. So far everything is going well. Thank you. When using my phone to finalize deals I have not had any problems. I wish things would just move along a little faster but that is on me. Thank you for everything, have a good day.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Thomas, for complimenting our advocates in Client Services. Our knowledgeable advocates stride to provide our clients with a world-class customer service experience. We can understand your concerns regarding negotiations time. With that in mind, we suggest logging on to your Client Dashboard to remain up to date regarding the details of your account. You can also chat with us live should you have any questions about anything you see while logged in. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your financial freedom!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Getting help from Freedom Debt Relief was one of the BEST CHOICES I ever made!!! I got in way over my head in credit card debt and didn't want to file bankruptcy. I have been with Freedom Debt Relief for a year or so, and I am so happy to be able to say, we have 3 accounts left to settle. I will be ready to throw a celebration party when those last 3 accounts get settled!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on the progress made along your Graduation Path! We are honored, Chris, to accompany you on your debt-free journey. As you continue making progress toward a brighter financial future, please know our advocates in Client Services are available 7 days a week to address any questions that come up along the way. We appreciate the opportunity to service your financial needs. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I am very pleased with the settlements, that I have gotten and the customer service representatives are very friendly and helpful. I would indeed recommend to friends and family. I am very glad that decision was made to use this company.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the many compliments, Jacklynn! We are very glad to hear that you are pleased with our negotiation efforts. it is also rewarding to hear your experiences with Client Services have been nothing but positive. We ask that you continue to contact Client Services regarding any questions or concerns that come up for you. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to your financial freedom!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

They are great with making the settlements half however once the settlement fees are applied it's not a big deduction at all. My graduation date despite being on time is much longer than had Hoped prior to starting program and what I was told it would be. Having 1 payment is convenient but the Fees FDR CHARGES TO SETTLE DEBTS.???

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Caroline, we're sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our settlement fees. Our settlement fees are calculated based on the law in the state you live in and the amount of your debt. Even with our settlement fees you will still see a reduction in your debt. Compare our settlement fees versus having to pay the creditor 100% of the debt + any additional fees they charge. We offer a proven solution at an affordable monthly cost that helps our clients pay down their entire debt - principal, fees, interest and all.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I am very thankful for the people at Freedom Debt Relief. The dashboard helps me see to my progress and they continue to stay in contact, to information me of my progress. They are helping me get back on track with my credit. Thank You.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, Veronica! Great job on utilizing and becoming familiar with your Client Dashboard. This is a terrific source to use when monitoring your progress along the Graduation Path. You can also chat with us live if you have any questions about your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to a brighter financial future!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Everyone I spoke with very nice and understanding. It was an actual conversation rather than them reading from a script. One of a kind service and it was truly appreciated given the frustrating and stressful situation. I would recommend this to my friends and family for sure.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your kind feedback, Laura. Thank you for sharing the positive experiences you've had when communicating with Client Services. We hope to continue the trend of providing you with a world-class customer service experience. Keep in mind you can view the details of your account at anytime by logging on to your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have my first settlement just after being in the program for only 2 months. I'm hoping to be done with the program in about 3 years instead of 4 years. You can't go wrong with going with Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations, William, on the amazing progress you've made with us already! We are very proud of the hard work and dedication put forth to get you to this point. Please let us know how we can continue to be a support system for you as you continue toward financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to a brighter financial future!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I already have a major debt resolved in less than 4 months. From the time I decided to go with Freedom they have been very friendly, it was easy to get started and they came up with my recommended solutions to get me out of debt in 4 years.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Welcome to Freedom Debt Relief, Richard! We are thrilled to have you aboard. Thank you for sharing how pleased you are with our service! We ask that you continue to contact our Client Services at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions about your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your debt-free future!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I was very unsure of doing this. But they reassured me they could help and make me feel more confident and put my mind at ease. They are very helpful and understanding on how I feel. It helps when you have people on your side when you feel like you're not going to make it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review, Katherine! We appreciate you giving us this opportunity to help you in a difficult time! We will be here for you every step of the way and if you ever have questions, please reach out to our Client Services department at (800)655-6303 or you can chat with us through your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information