Call toll free
4.56/5
    2086
Based on 2,560 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

14237 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

So far they have been fantastic! Their separate legal dept was totally uncooperative. Everyone at Freedom I have talked to has been wonderful. They have negotiated settlements for me on my accounts. I wish I would have done this sooner.

Hello Kimberly,

We admire your lovely feedback about our company. We're happy you joined our program when you as it's never too late to make a change. We look forward to watching you become debt free! Please reach out to our client services department if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Was a pleasant experience on the phone. Was treated with respect and dignity. The person who answered the phone was able to look at my account and help me with my questions. First time caller, was pleased with the experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I am very hopeful this will work! Time will tell but I am ready to get out of this debt and your company explained things clearly and the follow up information was very helpful... I'm only one month into it so I am worried about the increased harassing calls etc before we can settle but I'm hoping it won't get too bad and can settle fast.

Dear Janet,

We would like to welcome you to Freedom Debt Relief! You're in good hands and we're delighted to be able to assist you with your debt and have you become financially free! We don't want you to worry about receiving creditor calls. We have a solution that has helped eliminate them. Our client service department would be more than happy to walk you through what you can do. Please reach out to our client services department for further assistance. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I'm generally happy but worry about my credit score in the near future. I will soon be selling my house and be debt free. I want to soon after purchase a different car and apply for another home loan. Not sure what my score will look like.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Lawrence. This is a fair concern to have. Depending upon the condition of your credit report at the time you enroll, a debt settlement plan like ours could have a negative effect on your credit report and credit score. The good news is rebuilding credit is far easier to do than get out of a sizable debt problem. Almost everyone can have excellent credit in two years or less following a simple plan. Please let us know if you have any other questions and/or concerns. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Since working with Freedom Debt Relief I feel there is a way out of our financial situation. The dashboard is a great tool, but when I call to ask question, there has not been one person who has not gone out of their way to help me, teach me and not make me feel belittled. I have also had to work with NLLG, Lisa **, and that entire experience that could have been bad was handled quickly, communication was excellent and the resolution was far better than expected. In all FDR and NLLG have been far above my expectations and I can't wait till the next structured settlement. I would recommend FDR but would also say, you have to follow the program, keep up your deposits and check the dashboard regularly. FDR gives you all the tools to know your progress, deal with unexpected situations and how to go forward.

Freedom Debt Relief response

This is a phenomenal response, Mary! We are very proud to have you apart of our debt resolution program and we will continue to deliver excellent customer service and professionalism through your graduation. We would be glad to see you recommending our program to your friends and family. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I am just beginning my journey with FDR. I have never had such professional and caring help from All I have spoken with at this point. I need their help and look forward to getting my debt paid off. I plan to stick with the program as instructed.

Hello Joseph,

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We are very glad to have you apart of Freedom Debt Relief and we will continue to demonstrate exemplary customer service and professionalism. We are looking forward to seeing your accomplishments in becoming debt free. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

It has been very good working with FDR on getting out of debt so fast and easy. When I had questions I went online or made a phone call and got quick answers. I have been in the program over one year and it works BETTER than I thought it would.

Freedom Debt Relief response

James, we love to receive such positive feedback about our company! Thank you for sharing your success thus far. We look forward to having you become debt free! Please reach out to our client services department if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Freedom Debt Relief customer service agents, have always been super helpful and knowledgeable in helping with my account, each and every time I have had to call in and inquire on something about my account. The matter or question has always been resolved with each call.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Antonio, for your wonderful feedback! We strive to provide world-class customer service and it makes us happy to know you have experienced it yourself. Please reach out to our client services department if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Nancy **, Dealt with me and helped me through everything. I gave her quite a hard time because, I didn't know how to handle this situation and she was patient with me through roughly 2 months while I was trying to make a decision.

Dear Annmarie,

We're thrilled to receive such powerful feedback of your debt consultant. Our goal is to make sure clients feel welcome and confident when speaking to us as we know this can be a sensitive subject. We applaud each client when taking their first step to becoming debt free! Please reach out to our client services department if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My personal consultant Guy A. was a pleasure to work with. Explained everything thoroughly, always available and responds quickly to my emails and calls. So far extremely happy with the whole experience. I would recommend this company to anyone who is heading in to troubled waters with their financial situation... It’s fast, easy, and extremely professional.

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to have provided excellent customer service from the moment you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief. We are excited to see your accomplishments in becoming debt free and we would be overjoyed to see you recommending our program. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I felt like I was "going under" fast. Freedom has changed that and I now know, it might take some time, but it will be ok. The lady that spent time with me at first was absolutely awesome. I was scared and she worked with me for hours. I highly recommend Freedom to ANYONE for any amount. Now, I know what I cannot do and will never get in that position again, thanks to them and their consulting with me.

Hello Darlene,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are so glad you enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief because we want you to obtain financial freedom. We have your best interest in mind and we would be very pleased to see you recommending our program. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I feel that my creditors should have been notified of my decision to sign up. I had not ever been late with payments, and I am receiving calls, but they are robot calls. I do not know what I should do.

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Typically, we reach out to your creditors four to six months after you enroll to negotiate and resolve the account. It is necessary to build up funding in your dedicated account so we can have leverage over your creditor. In regards to the communication from your creditors, one of our client advocates would be glad to explain how to reduce and minimize the number of calls. Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Jstarted last month, need to advise how much is need in account before the negotiations will start, other than that everyone very nice and helpful. They rush to get you signed up but then everything goes to a standstill till you build up fund.

Hello Gerri,

Thank you for sharing your review. Typically, our negotiation starts four to six months after you enroll in the program or about twenty percent of an original account balance has been built up in your dedicated account. Depending on your accounts enrolled, we can do our best to speed up the negotiation time with supplemented funds. One of our client advocates would be happy to explain this further, simply give one of them a call. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Your program has really lifted a weight off of my shoulders. It has also helped me to be more proactive in being debt free in the future. I shredded my cards and I am not going back to the life that brought me to you! Thank you!!

Hello Orvileta,

Thank you for sharing your amazing review. We are glad to lift that weight off your shoulders and give you the peace of mind you deserve. We care about you becoming debt free and we are confident you have a bright future ahead of you! Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The representative I spoke with was a great help, and she took care of my needs very quickly and accurately. Plus she supplied me with additional information regarding the upcoming program graduation, which I was not up to speed with prior to my phone call. Very much appreciated.

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for your positive review. We are very glad to provide excellent customer service and professionalism through your graduation. We have your best interest in mind and we are looking forward to your accomplishments in becoming debt free! Please reach out to our Client Services department or you can log into your Client Dashboard if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Notified settlement reached on an account in the file. Elated when I spoke customer service representative, very informative about the status of the payments. Reassured me to continue and reach the goal of service and the completion of the program. Thanks again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your settlement, Sandra! We're happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We're looking forward to your next milestone and in the meantime, please contact us when you have questions about your account! Our client services team is available by calling or emailing them. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Due to my personal bank account being hacked, I requested that FDR allow me a one time monthly deposit restructuring. The person on the phone in customer service I believe her name to be Terry was very cheerful and her willingness to accommodate my request and her sympathy for what I was experiencing and her cheerful personality went a long way to making things better. There should be more people in the world like Terry.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're happy to help you at a time when you need it most, Richard. We're thrilled to know that Terry was able to take care of your requested deposit modification and we will be sure to pass on the kudos! In the future, should you have questions for us or need assistance with your account, please continue to contact our client services team! They can be reached via phone or email. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My experience with Freedom Debt Relief has been excellent. The people are very professional, courteous and compassionate to my needs. I have tried other debt management programs and this one by fair excels all others. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who needs this service for help. This is definitely a five star program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're delighted to hear about your great experience, Nancy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we're happy to know that we've hit the mark! We're here for you every step of your debt-free journey and any time you have questions for us, please contact our client services team by calling or emailing them. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I want to thank Nick. He really did a great job taking me with you to solve my problems. He was very helpful and he make me feel very comfortable. Also I have good advices that help me out. Thank you and I am happy he will be my main contact for the following years.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're thrilled to hear great feedback about our representatives, Edna! We will be sure to pass on your kudos to Nick! Also, did you know that we have a top tier client services team in-house seven days a week to answer any questions or concerns you have along the way? They can be reached by calling us or log onto your client dashboard and chat with us! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I am so thankful I decided to finally deal with my finances. FDR made everything so easy and are so great to deal with. I no longer have to be stressed out... there’s a light at the end of the tunnel!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on taking the first steps towards resolving your debt, Julie! We are proud to help guide you to your debt-free future! We're always on your side and should you have questions for us, please contact our client services team, simply call or email us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

This company lied to me and now my credit issues are worse than before. Never use them. They will lie to you to get your business. I was told they will pay my creditors with negotiation. I paid them a monthly amount to which I thought was to be used to pay my creditors. It wasn’t until 2 months later that I found out they never paid anyone. So now I’m really in a hole with everyone. My credit score dropped almost 200 points. I would have never gone with this horrible company had they told me the truth. I plan on filing suit against them for customer fraud.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your honest review, Bonnie. A debt settlement company like ours can have a negative impact on your credit score and it's openly discussed to our clients throughout the enrollment process. We sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication and we hope that we can work together to resolve your concerns. We will have a member of our team reach out to you to discuss this further. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My consultant Anthony ** made the process of enrolling go so easily. I could tell he was very experienced and was able to answer every question I had in regards to the program. I wish there were more Anthony's out there that can take difficult process and make it go so effortlessly. Thanks to Anthony I now have peace of mind and know upfront all of the details of the program. Thanks Anthony! High Five!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We consider ourselves very lucky to have wonderful consultants like Anthony and we'll be happy to pass on the kudos, Joseph! We're thrilled to know that you have the peace of mind that you deserve. We're here for you every step of your debt-free journey and should you have questions for us, please reach out to our client services team! They can be reached by phone or email. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

So far so good. I'm still getting phone calls but not as much. I'm sure they will diminish as we go further. Again thank you for your help. You can be certain that I will recommending anyone that is having a problem such as mine.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your phenomenal review, James! You're absolutely correct, as you move forward those pesky creditor calls will eventually cease. We're proud to be on your side and should you have questions for us along the way, please don't hesitate to contact our client services team. Give them a call or email them. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been very happy with Freedom Debt Relief and I will be so relieved when all the settlements are paid. This is a financial hardship on us, since my husband and I are retired and in bad health. I always recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all my friends and family.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a wonderful review, Patricia! We're happy to help you at a time of need and we'll be here for you throughout your journey with us. Any time you have questions regarding your account, please contact our client services team, simply call or email them. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They are very professional and so far have helped in some of my payoffs. I gave a 4 star rating only because completion is still forthcoming. They have helped greatly and I am looking forward to completion in the near future.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your great review, Linda! We're happy to help you resolve your debt and congratulations on the success you've seen thus far! Should you have questions for us in the future, please feel free to contact our client services team by calling or emailing us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Excellent service Freedom Debt Relief. Really had my back and I really like that so l would recommend them to Freedom Debt Relief to get them out of debt. I'm almost at my graduation date and I will be glad to start over.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're so proud of your progress, Adrian. It is our pleasure to accompany you on this journey. We also appreciate you recommending our service to others. As you approach the finish line, know that we are still here to support your every step! Client services is available 7 days a week to address any questions or concerns that come up for you. Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief. Here's to your debt-free future!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I like this company. They are very polite and help you resolve your debt. It takes a little longer than I expected. I would advise to join the legal team to help with the collections. I needed them a few time. Overall pretty satisfied with the service. I can't wait till I am debt free. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your kind feedback, Tina. Our process does take some time, but as you can see, it does work! Opting into the legal services subscription plan is a very wise idea. Thank you for reiterating that! We also appreciate you sharing the many benefits you've experience while enrolled with us. Keep in mind you can monitor your progression by logging onto your client dashboard. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial goals!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Anthony ** was very professional in helping me to get set up with Freedom. He was very patient and gave me a lot of good advice. It was a very smooth procedure and did not take long to complete the enrollment.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're so glad to hear, Christie, that you were well-guided through our enrollment process. Thank you for sharing! We're thrilled about how quickly you've progressed in our program. As you head toward a debt-free future, always know we are here to support your every step. Always feel free to reach out to us with any questions regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I am very pleased with Freedom Relief and they are working very hard at resolving my debt. Couldn’t be happier. There have been many challenges however we have managed to resolve several of my creditors faster than I thought. It’s been an awesome experience working with Freedom Refief and recommend this office for your credit relief matters. They will work with you diligently.

Freedom Debt Relief response

It's rewarding to hear how pleased you are with our program, Lydia. Thank you for sharing the positive experiences you've had with us. Congratulations on the progress you've made! You are certainly headed toward a debt-free future. Keep in mind you can monitor the journey by logging onto your client dashboard Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as a guide to financial independence!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They have accounts listed that don't exist. Fail to assist in correcting them. Take no action on accounts about to go into collection. When asked to change something they refuse. I've had one judgement placed on credit file without any notice.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're so sorry to hear of your many disappointments, Ken. We would appreciate an opportunity to address any discrepancies you may be seeing on your account with us. We would also like to thoroughly go over the details of your enrolled balances. A team member will be reaching out to you using the contact information we have on file. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information

85002-2330
800-544-7211
www.freedomdebtrelief.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.