2. Finance

Call ConsumerAffairs Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.55/5
Based on 4,158 ratings submitted in the last year

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $10 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
Freedom Debt Relief Call ConsumerAffairs (855) 381-0979 Get Started
Call ConsumerAffairs

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I am very happy with their service and their expeditious results in getting my accounts reduced. I would recommend Freedom Relief to my friends and family. I hope this type of programs are not taken away, as this help people not file for bankruptcy.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for the stunning feedback, Eduardo! We are happy to be your debt settlement company and are excited to see you complete the program successfully! Rest assured, we will continue to be around to assist you and others in need of debt relief. Feel free to lean on us and to reach out to Client Services if you ever have any questions. You can call us at (800) 655-6303 or email us at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to help you on your path to financial freedom!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Freedom Debt is exactly what their name does. It Frees you from debt. That's exactly what it done for me. I'm Free, I'm Free. It would have taken me 20 yrs to pay off the debt I had by making only the minimum due. But with Freedom Debt it only took me 4yrs to wipe out my debt. And that was due to the excellent staff at Freedom Debt Relief. They take the worry off of you. They are great at what they do. I would definitely recommend Freedom Debt Relief to any and everyone that I run into complaining about being overwhelmed by their bills. You can trust them to do the work for you, they take care of everything. They are the real deal in helping to eliminate your bills.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate your great review, Natalie! It's our pleasure to provide you with the tools and resources to help you obtain the financial future you deserve. We are here to support you at every step of your debt-free journey, so please feel free to contact our Client Services team any time you have questions! Give them a call at 1-800-655-6303 or go on your client dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I am very satisfied and very happy for the excellent work they did for me in my worst and darkness hardship that time., They automatically showed me a list of all my transactions of the credits card. I was done. Thanks FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Serge! We love being able to provide our clients with an affordable solution to their finances. Let us know if you need anything, and our Client Services department can be reached at 1(800)-655-6303. Thank you for letting us be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I don’t like the way you decide what debts you negotiate and when. You do so without input from your customer, who is the debtor. I think you should consult with your customer. I think you have too many employees who forget who the customer is.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thomas, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Ideally, we want our clients to be involved as much as possible, however, when it comes to choosing an account to negotiate with, it is determined based on the relationship we have with that particular creditor. This will help us determine which account will get a larger savings on your behalf. Feel free to lean on us and to reach out to Client Services if you ever have any questions at (800) 655-6303. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to meet your financial needs!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Freedom Debt Relief is the best. They help resolve some of my debt quickly. I know I have a long road ahead but I trust they will continue to do the same. I’m going to recommend this company to anyone who needs the help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Karsandra, thank you for the awesome review! We try our best to provide you with excellent service while we make sure you reach your graduation path! Rest assured, we will get you to your goals in a timely manner. Please, do not hesitate to reach out to Client Services if you ever have any questions at (800) 655-6303 or email us at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Freedom Debt Relief has consistently acted on my behalf, and has relieved me of much stress about my debts. They keep me informed about the status of my account settlements, and they treat me with dignity and concern. They have earned my trust.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Paula! We are so glad we could be beneficial to you when resolving your debt. We will continue to keep you informed as we work with you to reach your goals. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us at (800) 655-6303 or jump on your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Very good experience, my only change would be that you provide account status more frequent or email me whenever there is a change. My email address is listed above and you also have a phone number. But I do not answer the phone if I do not recognize a number. If the caller leaves a message, only then do I return the call.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Valentin. We are constantly working on ways to improve our client communication, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. In the future, if you have any questions or concerns, reach out to Client Services at (800) 655-6303 or at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

The CSR put me at ease. She was knowledgeable and professional. She answered all my questions. She was patient and kind. The negatives regarding the lawsuit was very alarming, I referred someone to your company only for them to see the lawsuit information.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for giving us your feedback, Victoria! We understand how stressful it can be when a creditor chooses to be aggressive when collecting on the debt, but please know we are here to support you every step of the way. To track your progress, go to the Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com or reach out to Client Services for an update. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

the service rep I had was very nice and answered all of my questions and made sure I understood the entire process. I have just started the process but so far it's been easy to follow the program. I feel relieved to have gotten help with the situation I was in.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Celena! We are glad our professional agent could assist us in answering any questions or concerns you had during your program. Feel free to lean on us and to reach out to Client Services if you ever have any questions at (800) 655-6303. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

The fact that my credit score is suffering at the moment sucks, but it will all be worth it at the end. The settlements so far have cut what I owed in half or more. If I did it myself, I would’ve been stressed out, paid full amount plus interests, and struggled along the way. Thank you for making this process easy and for doing all the hard work so I can continue living my life with one less stressful thing to worry about. I can’t explain how happy I am that I reached out. I have nothing but good reviews for what you’ve done so far—a few more settlements left—and the professionalism your staff has displayed. I will definitely recommend FDR to others in need.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Benedict! We are so glad we are so happy you are satisfied with the results we could provide you. As we continue down the road of success, please remember you can track your program process online through your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information