3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best for Transparency
4.5(32,136)

3x Award Winner

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $7,500 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%, depending on the state where the client lives and the amount of debt they enroll. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s credit score impact study, which was updated in 2022, found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 36 to 45 months. Freedom Debt Relief offers HELOC and personal loans through Achieve.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • No fees until settlement reached, authorized by client
    • Has resolved over $17 billion in debt in 20-plus years
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery
    Cons
    • Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 74%
    • 14%
    • 5%
    • 4%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
      Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I am leaving a review because I’ve had a genuinely wonderful experience with Freedom Debt Relief and it was because of previous reviews, along with my exploratory discussions with them, that I committed to the program. FDR created a program that understands its clients’ needs in sensitive and stressful situations. Money is extremely personal for many reasons and many financial institutions take advantage of the everyday consumer (hence, growing debt!). My introductory discussions and onboarding were excellent — I never felt like I was being “sold” anything. Every communication that followed made it so easy to stay informed, keep up, take action when needed and trust the process. I am so grateful I found FDR to help manage and guide me through something that once felt never-ending and unmanageable.

Pinned

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Ferriss! It's heartening to hear that our team has made such a positive impact on your financial journey. We're glad that the previous reviews and your initial discussions led you to join the program. Your insights on how FDR understands and supports clients in stressful situations are truly valuable. It's wonderful to know that the communication and onboarding process were seamless and supportive, helping you feel informed and confident. Your story will surely help others who are looking for guidance in managing their debt. Thank you for your kind words and for recommending Freedom Debt Relief!

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Working with Freedom Debt Relief was the best thing to happen to me.. After speaking with the staff about my credit card debt the staff were so courteous and professional, it made everything very easy.. I am now debt free.. I would recommend freedom debt relief to anyone that have credit card debt, thank-you freedom debt relief....

Pinned

Rory, thank you for your heartfelt feedback! It's fantastic to hear that our team provided you with such courteous and professional service, making your journey to becoming debt-free so much easier. Your recommendation means a lot, and it's inspiring to know that you’ve achieved financial freedom. Congratulations on reaching this important milestone, and thank you for spreading the word about Freedom Debt Relief!

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Well, in my experience it is an accommodation for your pocket to make a single payment for all the debt you have, but the process is a bit long, since it should be for four years as they say but it extends longer...but I recommend to others person need a little help...

Pinned

Emmanuel, thank you for sharing your honest experience with the program. It's great to hear that switching to a monthly draft has been beneficial for your finances. We understand that the process can feel lengthy, and it's important for others to be aware of that aspect. Your recommendation for those who need some extra help is appreciated. Wishing you continued progress on your financial journey!

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Freedom was the best decision I ever made. They have helped me every step of the way and I am slowly getting my finances back in order. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all my friends and family. They have helped me see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us, Annette! It's fantastic to hear that they have been so supportive and instrumental in helping you regain control of your finances. Your recommendation means a lot, and it's great to know that they have made such a significant difference in your life. Wishing you continued success and financial stability!

Reviewed June 1, 2024

A way to cut down bills. A moment to let time pass but worth it. They will cut down bill calls. Will almost cut your bill payoff in half. A friend that needs debt relief will love this route. I recommend this to a friend that needs bill consolidation and reducing rates.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, Morris! We're glad to hear that our program has helped you reduce your bills and manage your finances more effectively. It's wonderful to know that you would recommend our services to friends in need of debt relief. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Since enrolling with FDR, I like that I don't have to pay the bills every month. I can make one payment to them instead of making every monthly payment because I couldn't make every monthly payment. Their customer support has been great. They are wonderful people to do business with.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, Shannon! We're delighted to hear that our program has made managing your payments easier and that you've had a positive experience with our customer support team. It's great to know that our service is helping you in a meaningful way. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for your kind words and trust in Freedom Debt Relief!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I did not realize how or where the dedicated account was to be set up. I will admit I overlooked my emails except for the one I got mid-day today saying a withdrawal was going to be made 6/01/24. If I had gotten that email yesterday I would of had all that done by today. I'm sorry. It was not my intent to ignore previous emails.

Pinned

Hi Babetta, thank you for sharing this with us. An account specialist will be reaching out to address any questions you may have regarding your program so far.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

This service helped me in a major way and allowed me to get back on my feet. It cut my debt in half and made it possible for me to pay it off quickly. It was quick and I was kept informed the whole way. I think this is an amazing tool for those who need it.

Pinned

Hi Rodney, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We're thrilled to hear that our service helped you get back on your feet and significantly reduced your debt. Keeping our clients informed throughout the process is a top priority, and we're glad it made a difference for you. Your recommendation means a lot to us, thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I am pleased with the settlements resolved and in progress. Would like to know what the status is on the Broadway Bank #** negotiation. I check my FDR dashboard as much as I can. It feels great to have 2 debts resolved! Please continue to update me on any information on any debt that is in-progress or settled.

Pinned

Hi Lawrence, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear about your progress and look forward to assisting you with the rest of your account. Please let us know how we can continue to support you!

Process

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I paid into the program monthly for over 4 years only skipping 1 or 2 months as needed. The more you skip though the longer it takes. $19k of debt was settled for just over $8k. I'm very happy with Freedom Debt Relief. Great program even for those of us who live from paycheck to paycheck as I'm retired. But I felt it's ethical to at least try to pay off my credit card debts. I'm the one who got myself into debt, it was my responsibility to pay it back, and my credit rating will now improve. Thanks to FDR!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience, Alan! We're glad to hear that our program helped you settle your debt and improve your credit rating. Your dedication and responsibility in managing your payments, even while living on a fixed income, is commendable. We appreciate your trust in Freedom Debt Relief and are delighted that we could assist you in achieving financial relief. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

They have done a great Job. I would recommend this Company to anyone that needs help. They keep you informed all the way. Can’t ask for a better Company to get me through this difficult time. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! There is not much more to say but Thanks!

Pinned

Gary, thank you so much for your heartfelt feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with our company. It was our pleasure to assist you during this difficult time, and your kind words truly mean a lot to us. Please let us know how we can continue to support you.

Price

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Rip off. Not lowering any debt just racking up more debt and taking money from people instead of helping. Worthless in my book and a scam. They buy delinquent accounts from creditors. Charge you over.

Pinned

Jeremy, we are sorry to hear you feel this way. An account specialist will be reaching out to address the status of your accounts.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

FDR offered me the best customer service and a way to get back on track! I could not have asked for an easier or more great experience in dissolving my debt. They were there by my side every step of the way, ready to answer questions or provide support at any time. Now I don't have that dark cloud hanging over my head anymore and no more creditor calls.

Pinned

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your positive experience with us, Cortney! We are delighted to hear that our team provided you with excellent customer service and support throughout your journey to becoming debt-free. If you ever have any more questions or need further support in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Any time I call them, they are assisting me. They also keep me up to date and I like how organized they are. They also answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend them.

Pinned

Hi Samantha, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs. Rest assured we will continue to support you every step of the way Keep up the great work!

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Being Debt Free has always been my goal and thanks to Freedom Debt Relief it is going to be my reality. I am so excited about my future thanks to their program. I have also appreciated their guidance through the program and advice that they have given me. In 2 years I will reach my goal. This program has helped me so much and I am very grateful!

Pinned

Anne, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience! We are thrilled to hear that you are on track to becoming debt-free and that our program has played a significant role in helping you achieve your goal. It's incredibly rewarding for us to know that our guidance and advice have been beneficial to you. Your excitement about your future is exactly what we strive for with every client we serve. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 30, 2024

I knew it would dip but before I started, my credit was 778 and climbing. I leased a car and the lease was about to expire. All these bills were killing my finances. I decided to go with the program and was pleased that I had gotten a really great deal on a personal loan settlement. So all in all it was worth the credit drop. I am just going to have to refinance my new car loan when I purchase in Sept 2024.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear that despite the initial credit dip, you found value in our program and were able to secure a great deal on a personal loan settlement. We understand how challenging it can be to manage finances, especially with multiple bills and an expiring car lease. It's encouraging to know that our program has provided some relief and that you're feeling positive about the overall outcome. Thank you for choosing us, Timothy.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

I informed FDR that I was told the last 3 cc were going to sue me. Not one of these accounts were reached out to and I received the summons which I sent in. I requested the lawyer that I dealt with, who was amazing, and was lead to believe it was being looked into. I was left with a different lawyer, who is awful. The payments he agreed to have doubled my payments. I am completely screwed with no options. But FDR is still making their money and I am paying the same amount in fees that caused me to make the grave mistake of getting involved with FDR.

Pinned

Elizabeth, we are sorry to hear you feel this way, it is never our intention to make our clients feel like they have no other options when dealing with their financial freedom. An account specialist will be reaching out to you soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

It starts with just a phone call from you. THEY give you all the advice you need. Your questions and problems are taken care of. The hardest part is keeping the amount of money in the account each month, but you get past it and the debt you owe goes down.

Pinned

Nora, thank you for your thoughtful feedback! We're glad to hear that your experience with us started smoothly with just a phone call and that our advice has been helpful in addressing your questions and concerns. We understand that maintaining the monthly deposit can be challenging, but we're pleased to know that you've seen your debt decrease as a result. Your perseverance and commitment are key to achieving financial freedom, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I am very happy with Freedom Debt Relief. Great progress as mentioned prior to enrolling. Even better and surprised on how fast they can get better deals on my current debt enrolled. Very professional and they always will answer any questions I would ever have. Either by email or on the phone. Very happy with their service.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Jennifer! We're delighted to hear that you're happy with the progress and the speed at which we were able to secure better deals on your enrolled debt. Thank you for your trust in our service. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

So thankful I found this company!! They helped remove the stress of getting out of debt. Every agent I’ve worked with has been helpful, kind, and knowledgeable about how to help in any situation. I recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all who voice concerns about the amount of debt they have.

Pinned

Thank you so much for your heartfelt review, Shayna! We are thrilled to hear that you found our team helpful, kind, and knowledgeable. It's wonderful to know that we could alleviate the stress of getting out of debt for you. Your recommendation means a lot to us. We are grateful for your trust and look forward to continuing to support you!

StaffProcess

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I'm still very new to the program but so far everyone is very friendly and helpful. The client dashboard is easy to understand and navigate. All my questions and concerns were answered and addressed fully and in language that was easy to understand. I look forward to being debt free in the future. Marco is absolutely the best!

Pinned

Cheryl, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your early experience with our program. We're delighted to hear that you've found our team friendly and helpful, and that you find the client dashboard easy to navigate. It's great to know that all your questions and concerns have been addressed clearly and comprehensively. We're excited to be on this journey with you towards becoming debt-free, and we're glad to hear that Marco has made a positive impact on your experience. Thank you for choosing us!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I am really disappointed this time around with your service. You all want my debt to go into lawsuit before you all resolve. That is not good customer service and you are not taking care of your customers. Your people talk to your customers like they are not caring and you are the ones that are correct. I am wrong for wanting to settle other accounts. Not satisfied.

Pinned

Lisa, we are sorry to hear you feel this way about your program. Our objective is to settle your accounts within a reasonable time frame, negotiations and settlements depend on various factors, including accumulating funds and how long the account is past due. In the case of legal action, our legal partners will be by your side every step of the way. An account specialist will be reaching out to address your concerns.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I feel that they're friendly and they're good at answering questions. When I call they always help. I would definitely send some people to them. They help me out a lot and I made right choice. I have recommend them to family and they always let me know when a settlement is happening. In advance and that is really good.

Pinned

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, Marie! We're thrilled to hear that you find our team friendly and helpful, and that we have been able to assist you effectively. Knowing that you feel supported and well-informed about your settlements is incredibly important to us. We truly appreciate your willingness to recommend us to your family and friends. Your trust and recommendations mean the world to us. Thank you for trusting us!

Reviewed May 29, 2024

FDR was the second relief organization I spoke with. The first felt rushed, almost pushy. With Sean at FDR, I was comfortable and decided to go with them after the first conversation. I made the right choice. It was a major relief to know I was not trying to do this all on my own anymore.

Pinned

Hi Billy, thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you felt comfortable and supported by Sean and our team at FDR. It means a lot to us that you chose to work with us and felt relieved by our assistance.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Freedom Debt let me sign up with their high interest loan that made me stay in their program for the next five years. Freedom debt is a money hungry business that will do anything to keep you in debt. I will never do business with them again. I spoken to everyone about my account. They told me there nothing they can do.

Pinned

Travis, we are sorry to hear about your experience and frustration. Your feedback is important to us, and we take it seriously. We strive to assist our clients in achieving financial freedom and regret that your experience did not meet your expectations. An opportunity to apply for a loan through our sister company is not an obligation, just an opportunity to help you pay off your old debt quickly, but with a loan. The payment plan for the loan is not determined by FDR, but is dependent on various factors discussed in your loan agreement.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

These people are so efficient and determined to do as much as humanly possible to me rectify a huge debt that took me several years and a lot of "great" offers to get myself into. We have been working together for several months and I am starting to finally get my head above water. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief!!

Pinned

Colleen, thank you for your heartfelt feedback! We're delighted to hear that our team has been efficient and determined in helping you tackle your debt. It's great to know that you're starting to see significant progress and that we're helping you get your head above water. We appreciate your trust and are committed to supporting you every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Thank you for the great customer service and help. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Whenever I call the wait time is extremely low. Please keep up the great service. I would recommend Freedom to friends and family. Freedom program works for me and without a doubt it can work for everyone else.

Pinned

Alex, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a great experience with our customer service team and that you find our staff knowledgeable and helpful. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we're committed to maintaining the high level of service you've come to expect from our team. We're here to support you every step of the way, and we're grateful to have you as part of our community!

Reviewed May 28, 2024

They've been good about keeping me updated on my progress. The employees I have talked to explained my progress when I didn't understand what was happening. The team has been very helpful so far... I can't wait till it's all over. Yes I did recommend a neighbor to get ahold of your company.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience, Sarah! We're glad to hear that you've found our progress updates helpful and that our team has been supportive in explaining your journey. We understand your anticipation for the process to be complete, and we're dedicated to seeing it through to the end with you. It's fantastic to hear that you've already recommended us to your neighbor—we appreciate your trust and confidence in our services. Keep up the great work!

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed May 28, 2024

The program has been going great. I expected to be in the program for 4 1/2 years, but with the counselors' advice and my diligence, I expect to be done in less than 2 years. I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed with debt and any time I have questions there's always a prompt response. I would recommend anyone use this program as the overall client service is amazing.

Pinned

That's fantastic news, Kevin! We're thrilled to hear that the program is exceeding your expectations and that you're making such impressive progress. Thank you for recommending us and for being such a proactive participant in your journey to financial freedom. We're here to support you every step of the way!

Reviewed May 28, 2024

When Freedom Debt Relief sets in to settle your debt(s), rest assured you fell in good hands. They will stop the interest on your debts, engage in negotiation with your creditors and get your debt settlement at a good pace. Contact Freedom and have peace of mind today, knowing that you are in the right place.

Pinned

Fidelis, thank you for your kind words and confidence in Freedom Debt Relief! We’re committed to providing our clients with peace of mind by negotiating with creditors and working towards debt settlement in a timely manner. We appreciate your trust in us and are here to support you on your journey towards financial freedom. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any assistance!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information