Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 2,555 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As the largest debt negotiator in the nation, Freedom Debt Relief has resolved over $9 billion in consumer debt. Through their proven debt relief program, they have helped hundreds of thousands of Americans significantly reduce the amount they owe and resolve their debts more quickly and affordably than other options like debt consolidation loans.

The company began in 2002 with a mission to provide a debt solution that puts consumers first. Therefore, the initial consultation FDR provides is focused on educating consumers about several debt options (not just their program).

By staying true to its mission, hiring the best professionals in the industry, and continually innovating their services, Freedom Debt Relief has grown to employ over 2,000 highly trained professionals and enrolled over 615,000 clients.

Freedom Debt Relief Video
View More View More

13634 Freedom Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Everything was handled in a professional manner and I felt very comfortable about the transaction. It is very easy to go online and check everything. If the rest goes as smooth than the start I will be very happy. I don't know what else to say until some transactions have been done. So far everything looks very good.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your honest review, Ursula! We're excited to be working with you and we're pleased to know that you're happy with your program thus far! Don't forget that we're here for you every step of the way and any time you have questions or need assistance, give us a call at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

It was very informative. I’m appreciative with Patsy consistency and concern. Her patience with my schedule because I’m a graveyard, to keep me aware of the time I had to still apply to the program. Can thank her enough. She was thoroughly clear and guided me to get approved??? ❤️

Freedom Debt Relief response

We love to hear that Patsy took great care of you during the enrollment process, Michael! We consider ourselves lucky to have great agents like she and we'll be happy to pass on the kudos! Don't forget we have a wonderful client services team that's always ready to answer any questions or concerns you have along the way, give them a call or email. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Shaun was my contact and he was very helpful and understanding. I would recommend him for sure. I am so far happy to be using Freedom Debt Relief and hope to give them 5 stars all the way through this process. Very happy so far. Thank you!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for your great review, Laura! We're thrilled to know that Shaun took great care of you throughout your enrollment process. In the future, if you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our world-class client services team at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I cancelled my program and was told that I would get all my money back because you didn't do anything but set it up, but I didn't receive all my money back. I was suppose to get 258.00 and I only got back 240.09. I do not like to be lied to. So I will not be recommending you to my friends.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience, Judie. We will have a member of our team reach out to you shortly to hopefully resolve your concerns. Thank you for your time and patience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Great help, very confident to discuss my problems, put my mind at ease and yes I would recommend you to any of my friends. Thanks so much. I do have some questions. Do I make the payments or do you take it out of my accounts? Thanks again for all your help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief has provided me with a great quality service to help me with my debt. The most important things they provide are structure and ease of use. So I would recommend them to anyone who is serious about managing their debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're thrilled that you're happy with our services, Antonio! Don't forget that the Freedom Debt Relief team is here for you every step of the way throughout your debt-free journey and any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freeodmdebtrelief.com.Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am having an extreme problem with my regular bills and these people really helped me by suspending my withdrawals for a few months which will really help a lot. They have been awesome I cannot say enough about them and thank them enough for their help, they have helped pull me out of a very bad situation.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We all understand that hardships happen, Denise and we're happy to lend a helping hand! We're so happy to learn that you're moving forward positively and we're looking forward to your success. Also, any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Thanks to Freedom Debt Relief; I now have 6 less credit card bills and to keep Freedom was able 2 build a savings so that when I need something I can pay cash and not charge it, avoiding interest charges.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're delighted to know that you're able to create savings with our help, Charles! We're excited about your success and any time you have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

All personnel so far have been friendly, courteous and very helpful. When we call all our questions are answered in a timely manner. We have talked to one of the companies on our list and they wanted you to call them and I told them they had to call you. When I got off the phone with them and then called you and told you what I had told the company and was told I had done the right thing. I am glad we have you and hope the companies on our list will cooperate with you in full.

Freedom Debt Relief response

You absolutely did the right thing, Deborah! We're confident of the work we do and we're looking forward to your financial success. Please don't hesitate to reach out any time you have questions or need assistance, give us a call at or email. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Talked about being sued, got National Lit. #. So I could send proper papers over to them! Talked me off the ledge and told me I am in the best hands. Debt sucks and especially when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Freedom Debt Relief response

You're absolutely in good hands, Kelly. Every day you're a step closer to your brighter financial future and in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact client services when you have questions or concerns, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was a little apprehensive for a while and actually was going to cancel. But I received a call from your company reassuring me that I wouldn’t be sorry. So here I am as a member of your company. Since I am new I really don’t have much to tell.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We hope to give you the vote of confidence that you deserve, Christy. We're all looking forward to your success and please don't hesitate to contact us any time you have questions or need assistance, simply call or email us. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I am pleased, so far, with this process. I am kept up to date and anytime there is a settlement offer I am notified in a timely manner. I would recommend FDR to anyone with a large amount of debt, it's been, so far, a good experience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We love to hear that you're happy with your program, Donna! We're all looking forward to your next milestone and in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com any time you have questions or need assistance with your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I couldn't have made a better decision than to have let Freedom Debt handle my debt. As I continue to do my part Freedom Debt most definitely do theirs. We fit like a hand in glove. Thanks for taking care of me and my DEBT.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're proud to be on your side, Jones! We're always here to help and any time you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Everyone that I had contact with was very nice. If I had questions or concerns someone always got back me in a short period of time. I was sent notices thru my e-mail on anything that would come up and was very please they kept me informed.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We always want to keep our clients informed of their progress, Tina! Our client services team is always ready to answer any questions or concerns you have throughout your time with us and they're in-house seven days a week, simply call (800) 655-6303 or log onto www.fdrclient.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief and we're looking forward to your future success!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The only reason I haven't rated FDR a five is because I still have some debt that hasn't been settled as of yet. However, there is no doubt that they deserve a twenty five, judging what they've done for us, up to now. If anyone is in trouble with debt like I was, I recommend FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations on your success so far, Chad! Every day you're a step closer to your debt-free future! We're looking forward to your last settlement and in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com any time you have questions or need assistance. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Mr. Aaron ** walked me through the details of the program. However I can't find an order number??? on my account anywhere. Hope this helps. I can see how organized this program is. As well as it makes me feel positive about getting out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We consider ourselves lucky to have great agents like Aaron, Tammie! We're positive we can help you put your debt behind you and any time you have questions or need assistance, simply call (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was a bit worried in the beginning when the collectors began calling and sending notices in the mail and with officers, but FDR was right there to explain the process and send me to the right department to handle it all. I got myself into this mess, but with their help and support we are making progress to dig me out of it, thanks for all you do.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your incredible review! We're so glad to hear that we found a solution for you to eliminate those creditor calls. We work hard to fulfill all request in a timely matter and be there to support all our clients throughout their graduation path. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Have hard time getting into my dashboard. It will send a new password. I will enter that, it goes to screen that make a new password. I confirm it, the message I get says the I already have a account to e-mail and the ss number.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for sharing your review. We want to make sure you have access to the Client Dashboard because this is a very useful tool while enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief. Our highly trained team of client advocates would be happy to assist you with this! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

This agent was so helpful! I need you to deferment due to unemployment! No shame, guilting, or judgment... Would call again if needed help! Agent encourage me to make extra payments when possible, good idea! Agent deserves a promotion or should be a job coach. :-)

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your honest review. We understand your financial experience and we are here to assist you in every way we can. We will continue to have your best interest in mind and we would love to see you supplement your account with additional funding to speed up your graduation. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was served papers on one of my accounts. I have called several times trying to get this account into a settlement. Everyone has been helpful except one individual that gave me bad information and in fact argued with me.

Hello Bernadine,

We appreciate your honest review. We want to extend an apology for the negative experience you have had with Freedom Debt Relief so far. We strive to provide all of our clients with exemplary service and we are glad to assist you with your legal account. We are confident you will see excellent results and we are excited to see you graduate. Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief has been very helpful in working with me to be more financially secure and help get out from underneath mountain of debt that I have. It has made my life a little less stressful which has had a ripple effect in my non financial life.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're always happy to lend a helping hand, Paul! We're pleased that you're getting the relief that you deserve and any time you have questions regarding your account, please don't hesitate to contact client services at (800) 655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for being a part of Freedom Debt Relief!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Disappointed with handling of one account so far. It never should've reaches the point of a summons. I notified in plenty of time. It was not the next account settled. Even after I was approved for loan to help settle.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Walt. We can understand how frustrating it is to receive a legal summons. Unfortunately, some creditors choose to exercise aggressive tactics when attempting to collect on a balance. Please know we are still putting effort forth in resolving the account. If you have any questions regarding the status of the balance, please feel free to give us a call in client services. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Experienced great customer service and willingness to get me signed up. I didn’t have any late pays for 11 years on my credit and had a great credit score prior to the debt relief program. I really wish I looked into debt consolidation loan. This route means bad credit for seven years now.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We apologize if the proper expectations regarding our program were not set for you, Melody. Depending upon the condition of your credit report at the time you enroll, a debt settlement plan like ours could have a negative effect on your credit report and credit score. The good news is rebuilding credit is far easier to do than get out of a sizable debt problem. Almost everyone can have excellent credit in two years or less following a simple plan, no matter how bad their credit is today. If you have any other questions regarding our program, please give us a call in client services at (800)655-6303 or via email at support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Best thing I did. Such a relief, after getting started. Great team and always there. It take some time but well worth it. The relief knowing that you are going to get this behind you and move forward and re-gain control is an awesome feeling.

Hello Toni,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad to have you a part of Freedom Debt Relief because we are definitely the best debt resolution option. We will do everything we can to provide you with financial freedom and we are confident you will graduate soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Michael was extremely patient and helpful walking me through what, for me, was an extremely complicated process - especially being financially challenged. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking expert assistance. I would rate him as a 10 on a scale of 1-9.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Ernest, for providing us an impressive feedback on your debt consultant. Our Debt Consultants do an outstanding job of making sure all clients are prepared for the program and having them feel confident when enrolling. Knowing our debt consultant has done an outstanding job is incredible to hear. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Ryan was just great talking about the help we needed and setting us up. NOTHING BUT THANK YOU. So far it seems very promising for the debt relief help and everything. The C/C calls are very annoying but that what happen when you do something like this, but you go on thing about the happy day that are ahead. THANKS AGAIN.

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for taking time from your day to provide us with a great review! Our Debt Consultants do an outstanding job of making sure all clients are prepared for the program and even after you have completed enrollment. We always make sure to accommodate your requests and help you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Great job so far in helping reach my goal of becoming debt free. It has only been a little over a year and so far two of my five accounts have been settled. I cannot be more happier. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Wow, what an amazing news to hear, Dennis! We are thrilled to hear how quickly your initial accounts were settled and look forward to settling your remaining debt and meeting your goal of officially being debt free. Continue doing a great job! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I never thought I would be debt free again. With their assistance in only 3 years, I am paid off. I can now start to enjoy my retirement and relax, debt free. I would recommend this to anyone struggling with the high-interest rates that accompany debt.

Dear Jill,

We are so happy to hear that you successfully completed your debt relief program and you are now debt free! We're overjoyed to hear your great accomplishment and we couldn't be any happier. This is a new start of a celebration in your life and we wish you nothing but the best! Your friends at Freedom Debt Relief applaud you and are grateful for your feedback! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was in way over my head with debt due to unfortunate and unexpected circumstances and I didn't even know where to begin, but Freedom Debt Relief was able to get the negotiation process started very quickly. I would have spent the next 30 years or so paying off this debt but now I'm down to 6 years and thousands of dollars less in debt. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Hannah, for your phenomenal review and 5-star rating! We are over the moon to hear that you are succeeding in your debt relief program and are a step closer to becoming debt free! We couldn't have done it without your hard dedication and support you give to our company. We're glad you get to experience the savings and benefits of the program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I am rating this interaction a three because my overall experience with FDR has been a 2 or less, but, my latest interaction with employee Earle ** was a 5+. He was the first helpful employee that seems to function as a man of his word. His call back was when he said it would be and he handled the situation to my satisfaction AND gave me a few tips for my future time with FDR. He is an asset to your organization and you should be aware and complimentary of his skills.

Hello Kay,

We appreciate the honest feedback you have provided through your encounters with our company. We strive to provide world class customer service to all clients and knowing our client advocate was able to turn your experience around is fantastic to hear. We will continue to work hard to make sure we are resolving your questions and concerns in a timely matter. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information