67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (121 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: June 3, 2021

Cambridge just gave me a number, and I said I could do that. They added it all up and they helped me pay everything off. I saved a lot of money through interest.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The reps at Cambridge answered any questions I had promptly. It was great customer service and I've never had any trouble with them. The customer service was wonderful. You pay a $25 monthly fee to be a part of the program but it was worth it because instead of paying 20% plus in interest, you paid anywhere from 9% to 12%, which was excellent. It helps you get out of debt quicker. I would recommend Cambridge to anyone. I ended up coming into a little bit of money so I paid my debts off quicker than what I had expected or what the proposed plan was. I put bulk amounts of money on it until I was able to pay it off.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I had two credit cards that were in payback and the rep told me that every month or every quarter, whatever the statements were, they would always tell me how much I had paid toward each credit card. But it did not tell me how much was left. So, when I got to the end of it, I kept calling every couple of months to find out how many more payments I have because I always forget within a month or so. But that was the only thing. The cost was not unreasonable for getting me out of the jam I was in. For what I expected from Cambridge, I had no complaints at all with my experience and I’d like to thank them for their help.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Cambridge is a good move. My only caveat would be it's not gonna decrease the monthly payment, but it's gonna decrease the overall pain with the percentage. Their cost was pretty low. Also, I got a pretty good decrease on the rates that I was paying on the credit cards and whatnot and got through it.

Original review: May 30, 2021

When I called initially, the rep, Tonya, was very kind and understanding. She let me know about the creditor information I needed and she was extremely informative. The enrolment was easy and the program was very quick, considering I was pretty concerned about the three different credit cards I had. I didn't think it was gonna be as quick as it was. Also, Tonya checked in on me, which was very nice. She's the person I went to every single time when I had issues.

Cambridge helped me to organize and budget. When I first enrolled, they offered programs within the program to help me to learn how to budget my finances. I set up a completely separate account so I can save. They walked me through ways to save while paying off my bills and to live below my means so that when an emergency came up, I had that money saved. Because of Cambridge, I no longer have stress and anxiety about the little things that I used to struggle over simply because I didn't know how to handle them. I've completed the program and I've paid my debt off. I was struggling for 22 years until I got ahold of Cambridge. It was awesome when I got that certificate in the mail.

Original review: May 29, 2021

The program went smooth. We did it online. It took 40 something weeks and it was $311 a month, which wasn't a huge amount. And I was able to get all of that out. Now, I have a better credit score and I know better how to manage myself.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Cambridge was a smart option. Working with them helped me get rid of all the debt in a way that was manageable for me.

Original review: May 27, 2021

During the enrollment process with Cambridge, the reps were helpful and answered all the questions that I needed help with. The payment plan worked out. It was one payment instead of a lot of payments and the interest was lower. I just finished the program and working with them was a smart choice. It relieved a lot of stress because I would not have been able to pay my debts down without it.

Original review: May 26, 2021

When I first contacted Cambridge, the gentleman that I talked to was extremely helpful. He was upfront about everything, told me what they could do, what they couldn't do, and how it all worked. After my husband had his first open-heart surgery, we needed help with debt consolidation. He couldn't go back to work and we were fighting to get his disability. And I got involved with some company that was taking payments and not paying anything. So, I was going through all that with this gentleman at Cambridge that was helping me and he said that he had heard of that but that wasn't something that they were involved in. He said that they would take monthly payments then send monthly payments and make arrangements with all the creditors.

He was amazing. I called him a couple of times with different questions just because I had that person's name and he was always very cordial, easy to talk to, and answered my questions. It was a really good experience for that kind of a situation where you're really needing some help and grieving. The process was so smooth and they took the payments automatically when I would get paid each month. I was so grateful at how well this all worked for me. Then, I retired at the end of December and I used one of my retirement accounts to go ahead and pay off my balance. I also had to buy a vehicle and through all that, they were so great to work with.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Cambridge did an excellent job and they had great customer service. My questions were always answered and I never had a problem.

Original review: May 25, 2021

A friend of mine at church told me about Cambridge and she had good reports, so I decided to talk with them. The enrollment was a very smooth process and the payment plan that they gave me was based on how much I owed. They asked me what was comfortable for me to pay every month and it worked out well. The counselor that I worked with was very professional yet very compassionate. Other people just want to tell you what to do but he was willing to listen to me and guide me on the right path. I was very comfortable working with Cambridge and they consolidated my account together to give me a good rate. I also liked that they represented me with all the companies that I had a card with to get me a good rate. I had 0% with some of them, so it was good to have somebody who knows what they’re doing fight for you.

One of their reps told me that if I don't need a card, I don't have to open a card. They were always patient and and the lady there said that when I was done, I could use that amount that I've been paying to Cambridge all these years as a savings. And I've been trying. Cambridge is more like family because they listen to you and help you out. They always update you and once you have your account number, they always send your statement every month. So you can always log in into your account and it gives a breakdown. And now that I'm done, they sent a whole report from day one of everything that we paid. And they even give you a certificate, so that's cool. All in all, the program has helped me to be mindful of my finances and to be careful about the interest rates.

Original review: May 25, 2021

The rep at Cambridge was good and they handled our affairs. We paid it off and we’re happy.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Cambridge was the easiest company. A lady was helping me and everything was online. The lady would tell me, “I'll send it right now in the email. Read it.” Everything was step-by-step. I liked her attitude. She explained everything and when I asked questions, she was on-point and told me exactly what was going on. If I needed to call or speak with somebody, Cambridge answered.

Cambridge's program worked for me 100%. My credit is getting low right now because I have an issue. My husband and my son had a car accident and the insurance didn't pay. But all my medicals and everything that we put on the account were set up like how the lady told me on the phone. At this point, we’re completely done with all the accounts that we put in there. There were five or six accounts. Overall, my life improved a lot. Now, we got four cards on my credit. I'm trying to get my son-in-law to get involved with Cambridge.

Original review: May 23, 2021

It was an easy process and I felt very comfortable with it. Cambridge never bothered me. I signed up, they took care of it every month, and then it was done. It was a great experience.

Original review: May 23, 2021

My wife had to go into the place for the sign-up process with Cambridge the last time but on mine, it was done over the phone. It was simple and everything was good with the rep. I’m done with the program and my last payment was last month. It was a lot of money in a short amount of time but it was a modest amount that Cambridge was taking out. There were no issues with me with what they charged. It even ought to be a little more. It was $50 a payment, which was not a whole lot, considering what was done.

Original review: May 22, 2021

It was a pretty simple and easy process. Anytime I called, I was able to speak to someone right away. We don't have any more credit cards now.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I was in Cambridge’s program for three and a half years when I first used them seven years before and this time, it’s another three and a half years. It took two different process and two different times that we have had to go through. The enrollment was simple and the reps were nice, easy to contact and set up things. I like the ease of trying to establish an account and having a good report on getting things done.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I was always incurring a late fee and then, I tried and paid what I could pay, and it wasn't enough. With Cambridge's help, I was able to lower my interest rate. All I had to do was put the money in the bank. They took the payment, whether it was exactly on time or not, and they did not charge me the late fee, then got everybody paid. It was awesome. I didn't have to think about it. I would tell the reps that I was a little bit confused and illiterate, and they would kinda chuckle about that. They always explained everything to me and it was good. The gentleman called me up and said my final payment was only 58 bucks and I was like, “Oh thank god.”

Original review: May 21, 2021

The enrollment process with Cambridge was fairly easy considering that I did everything over the phone. The reps were very professional. I reached out to them frequently so all my needs were met. But I had a couple of hiccups towards the end of the last final payments. There were three creditors that, for some reason, didn't get the last payment. They got it late so they ended up putting my account in collections. I had to call them, pay it and get it removed. I resolved it on my end.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Cambridge kept sending me the notifications in the mail, how much was left and where was going where. The program paid off my bills at a lower rate. I got a couple more that I might need to use Cambridge again, but it won't be for a while.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Everyone at Cambridge was friendly and they did exactly what I needed them to do. They took care of everything and worked out payments with the debit card companies and the two credit card companies that I had. They took my money out at the end of the month and it worked out good. It was very simple.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Initially, Cambridge went ahead and got all the interest rates reduced. Some of them were even zero. They dealt with the institution, so I didn't have to do any of that, and then, they set up a payment plan with the vendors. My payments were the same in total, but it was getting paid off a lot sooner than had I paid at the original interest rate. They also closed the accounts, which helped because then, I was not using those, otherwise, I would be tempted to use them if they were open. There was one issue with one of the creditors, and Cambridge was able to talk to them and find out what was going on for me. It was very quick and I didn't have to wait.

Every time I called for information, or if I had a question, there was someone there who would answer it. Other people could look up my account and they were very confident. I didn't always have to talk to my initial representative. They explained everything very well. A lot of companies are all voicemail, and can't get a real person, so it was nice to be able to actually talk to the rep. Once they take out my payment and distribute them, I don't have to worry about it anymore. It was just waiting those three years was the difficult part because it was a big payment.

I ended in March this year and it was a big chunk of debt that was paid off. They were very flexible. There were a few months where I had to change my payment date and they were very helpful and did that easily. Just not having that burden of the credit on my shoulders and all those payments was great. I wish I would have taken advantage of the other things they can utilize like doing a budget or talking to them about re-budgeting.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I was told that Cambridge specializes in credit card debt and that they could help me. And that was what they did. I never had any problems with any of the reps so it was all good.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The enrollment process was easy. I did what they asked me to do and I set up an automatic deduction that comes out of our account every month. So, we didn't have to worry about missing the payment or not getting there on time. Their service was excellent. They were able to get some of the interest rates down that I didn't realize I was paying. They told me I was going to have it paid off in a timely manner that I felt was good. I was able to do it in a couple of more months than what the actual payoff was.

Original review: March 12, 2021

The service from Cambridge was great and the rep was very nice and helpful. I had a lot of bills piling up and I had to pay one payment only, which was good. Working with Cambridge helped me with the credit because I paid it off and now, my score is going up. I’ll recommend them.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The rep I worked with was very good. I talked to different people when I called for different questions and everyone was polite and informative. I appreciated the fact that when I had a question, it was always answered because I wasn't sure what to do. They consolidated all my bills together. We came up with a payment that was something I could do. It worked out pretty well. I'm happy. I would use them again if I could or if I had to.

Original review: March 9, 2021

My experience with them has been great. The enrollment process was very easy. The counselor was very helpful and very knowledgeable. They were very courteous, very patient and they didn't judge me. They came up with the payment plan, which was a lot less than what we were paying out monthly. It was very reasonable. I could also pull up online my statements and progress report and that covered pretty much everything. They kept us updated in emails regularly. We were very comfortable working with them. I don't have a lot of time, so they've done things and taken care of them. I've paid off a couple there that didn't even realize we were getting ready to pay them off. So, that was nice. It's been a positive experience, for sure. They have made it possible for people to pay off credit card debt.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had a great experience with Cambridge. I didn't really call for all the updates, but when I spoke to anybody there, I had no issues. Everybody was pleasant and took care of my needs there. They helped with the interest and then we made a payment plan that was affordable for me and I paid it on target. Now, I'm debt-free.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Deborah, congratulations on becoming debt-free! It's not always easy to ask for help, but having an affordable monthly payment certainly helps the process of paying back your debts. We let our clients know how much their monthly payments are as well as how many months it will take for them to get out of debt. You were right on target! Please, call us if you need anything else!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I've been with Cambridge for years. They have always been good to me, and the people are very professional. When I called and if I had a problem, they gave an answer. They helped me get my credit paid off. If I can, I’ll get other people to try it.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It was very good dealing with Cambridge. I used their service for credit card debt and I was impressed with the cooperation they got.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information