67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (125 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I had a few different surgeries and I was getting behind on all of our bills, including our mortgage. I went into pre-foreclosure twice and I had shed too many tears at that point. That was when I got in touch with Cambridge and I was really able to get back on track. I've been with them for the last three years and I've noticed some difference within the past six to nine months. Their reps were wonderful and I've been able to talk to someone quickly when I call them. They answered all my calls easily and most of the time, I didn't have further questions because they were able to answer everything well for me. I've been very happy with Cambridge and I've told a couple other people about the program.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I was very impressed with Cambridge's reps and their program. They were very professional in their approach. They asked the immediate questions. They answered my questions. They told me that it would take time to work everything out. They were very helpful. I receive updates monthly on my program. Cambridge also helped me with credit counseling. All along the journey, they keep in touch with me. Anyone who would consider them would be making a wise choice.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Cambridge is doing a fantastic job and I love them. Their reps were very professional and very helpful. They helped me understand the path that I was going as far as putting these things on the program. And every time I called, there was not a time where I felt that they didn't want to talk to me anymore. They were willing to help me, too. They made my life easy doing the program and I'm able to keep a track of things now. I told my sister that the program worked for me, and about Cambridge's great service and great people. I also told her that they only charge you a little bit of money. So that day, she called and it saved her at least 300. She was so excited and I told her to pass the word. When she talks to people who are trying to figure it out, she should tell them that they don't have to as Cambridge will figure it out for them.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was very satisfied with Cambridge's rep. His name was Tim and he was very direct with me. He proceeded to tell me how much he would have to take out of my account. I told him my situation, about the number of credit cards I had, and that I was primarily receiving disability. He encouraged me to go ahead and have my credit cards consolidated through them. I was under some stress because I was paying high rent where I lived but I managed to come up with the amount every month for about four years. They kept the same amount that they took out of my credit card every month and they were very consistent all through my interaction with them. I got some good advice from them, too. When I was first starting, Tim said that I could possibly have one or two credit cards. But I didn't want any credit cards at the time and decided I would not have any until I paid my debts off. Tim was awesome and I appreciate him.

Cambridge's reps didn't harass me constantly either. I used to call them up from time to time just to check my account but I didn’t feel like I had to call them up that much because I felt that confident in them. It was a miracle for me to pay off those credit cards and I wouldn't ever have done it without Cambridge. They really saved my life because I was at a point where I didn't know what I was going to do. I also called them a few weeks ago and asked for some more business cards so I can share it with other people.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I got all my debt figured out with Cambridge. It took a few years and I wish I could have done everything in one year, but that's just how they work. My experience with them have always been good but I'm trying to raise my credit score up and it doesn't look like it moved any.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Cambridge has good customer service. Everybody that I spoke with helped me out through the whole thing and everything they did was excellent. I got all my credit cards paid off which was what I wanted to do. I’m trying to talk my son in it because he's always crying about his credit card. I'm trying to tell him to do what I did and that in two years, he’ll be out of it.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Getting out of debt would have taken me forever if it wasn't for Cambridge. They were able to consolidate some of my credit cards and other debts, get my interest rates down, and pay it off a lot sooner, which helped me make my credit better. My credit score’s going up. I fluctuate between 680 and 704, depending on how much I put on my one card before it gets reported back. Before, I was at the very low 600 and when I first started, I was below that. The problem was I wasn't managing my finances and Cambridge enabled me to learn how to do that. The biggest impact it had was teaching me that I needed to follow a budget and allocate my money instead of just free-falling it.

I got an email about one of their tools, the budget tool, and I didn't use it, but I created my own Excel spreadsheet. When you're doing it on your head, that's not a budget. I have all my bills listed, and after I put it into my spreadsheet, I would see how much I would have left over and I knew not to go over that. I could see what I could spend on groceries and other things right there. It makes a real difference when you sit down, make a budget and see what you're doing with your money. I make a spreadsheet every mid-month, and I do it religiously. It has helped me get myself back on track.

Cambridge taught me the importance of managing my money. I have two paychecks a month and every so many months, it winds up being three in a month. Before, I had to spend an entire check on my rent. Now, I can split that between two, and I put away half of it with my first check and half of it with the second and third. I'm not cramped each pay day. I got room to pay my other bills, have money for myself and save some and/or put towards lowering my debt.

I've gotten rid of three other credit cards since then. Now, I have four, but I just opened one of them. It's like a Walmart card and I use that to pay bills and expenses. I use it to get the points and then I pay it off right away with the money out of my account. So far, I've had it for three months, and I've earned $50 towards paying off that credit card. I also removed my account from a no-interest bank, and I moved it over to Capital One, which I'm earning interest on my checking and on savings every month. While my money’s sitting there, it's working for me and I've been able to put savings away.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The rep was very thorough and he explained the program and was able to get us enrolled and approved. It was very smooth and the program was great. It was always excellent service. A no-brainer. They just took the payment out of our checking account every month and then we sold our house in Denver and we were able to pay off the balance two weeks ago. We really appreciate the opportunity to get everything paid off and have the worry taken off our shoulders. That's improved our life quite a bit.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Cambridge Credit was great to work with. They always respond to any questions I had. I had three credit cards and I just finished paying them off. I was very excited. I have recommended them to my friends whom I've talked about it.

Original review: June 25, 2021

It was a little much as far as the payment, but I had worked a lot of overtime in order to make up for it. I retired at the end of December, and the last payment was in February. After that, it was like a big relief.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I talked with the rep I worked with, JP, and he accepted me into the program. My experience was exellent. I completed the program and everyone was very helpful to me.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Cambridge Credit Counseling helped me with my finances. It helped me budget better and helped me get out of the jam I was in. Everything went smoothly with the enrolment. I was happy that I joined. It wasn't too much of a large payment monthly, so I was able to maintain that every month for five years. I was able to get out of debt. Everybody was great. When I called, I got all the answers I ever needed. The gentleman that first set me up was a very nice man. He was very helpful. He helped me fill out all the paperwork and get all the accounts to him. Everything went good.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Cambridge Credit Counseling was a system and I need to be structured, and that gave me structure. It worked out great. I had a wonderful experience and I'm glad it's done.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling because they made it easy for me to get things settled. I knew when my payments were coming out and everything. Their process was pretty laid back. It wasn't super strict. Also, the representative I dealt with was super cool, super nice and laid back.

Original review: June 11, 2021

The reps were pleasant and helpful. I completed the program and it worked well.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The original counselor that I had talked to and got me enrolled was very informative. She was able to give me some insight to my situation, as far as how Cambridge does things. She was very helpful to me, and I was able to refer a couple of other people that she also helped getting their creditors. She was not judgmental. She was very caring and she never made me feel like I was beneath anyone else who may have had excellent credit.

Cambridge got all of my creditors together and some of the interest rates dropped and some were taken completely off. At that point, it was affordable for me to make my payments to my creditors every month. Cambridge kind of helped me get all of that set up. They worked with me very well. They also worked with me on my payment date. They pretty much gave me the option to pick the day of the month that would best work for me. Right now, I don't have any creditors. All of them have been paid. Working with Cambridge really made me realize some of the areas that I made mistakes in with creditors, like wanting things that I absolutely just wanted but I didn't need.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Cambridge just gave me a number, and I said I could do that. They added it all up and they helped me pay everything off. I saved a lot of money through interest.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The reps at Cambridge answered any questions I had promptly. It was great customer service and I've never had any trouble with them. The customer service was wonderful. You pay a $25 monthly fee to be a part of the program but it was worth it because instead of paying 20% plus in interest, you paid anywhere from 9% to 12%, which was excellent. It helps you get out of debt quicker. I would recommend Cambridge to anyone. I ended up coming into a little bit of money so I paid my debts off quicker than what I had expected or what the proposed plan was. I put bulk amounts of money on it until I was able to pay it off.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I had two credit cards that were in payback and the rep told me that every month or every quarter, whatever the statements were, they would always tell me how much I had paid toward each credit card. But it did not tell me how much was left. So, when I got to the end of it, I kept calling every couple of months to find out how many more payments I have because I always forget within a month or so. But that was the only thing. The cost was not unreasonable for getting me out of the jam I was in. For what I expected from Cambridge, I had no complaints at all with my experience and I’d like to thank them for their help.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Cambridge is a good move. My only caveat would be it's not gonna decrease the monthly payment, but it's gonna decrease the overall pain with the percentage. Their cost was pretty low. Also, I got a pretty good decrease on the rates that I was paying on the credit cards and whatnot and got through it.

Original review: May 30, 2021

When I called initially, the rep, Tonya, was very kind and understanding. She let me know about the creditor information I needed and she was extremely informative. The enrolment was easy and the program was very quick, considering I was pretty concerned about the three different credit cards I had. I didn't think it was gonna be as quick as it was. Also, Tonya checked in on me, which was very nice. She's the person I went to every single time when I had issues.

Cambridge helped me to organize and budget. When I first enrolled, they offered programs within the program to help me to learn how to budget my finances. I set up a completely separate account so I can save. They walked me through ways to save while paying off my bills and to live below my means so that when an emergency came up, I had that money saved. Because of Cambridge, I no longer have stress and anxiety about the little things that I used to struggle over simply because I didn't know how to handle them. I've completed the program and I've paid my debt off. I was struggling for 22 years until I got ahold of Cambridge. It was awesome when I got that certificate in the mail.

Original review: May 29, 2021

The program went smooth. We did it online. It took 40 something weeks and it was $311 a month, which wasn't a huge amount. And I was able to get all of that out. Now, I have a better credit score and I know better how to manage myself.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Cambridge was a smart option. Working with them helped me get rid of all the debt in a way that was manageable for me.

Original review: May 27, 2021

During the enrollment process with Cambridge, the reps were helpful and answered all the questions that I needed help with. The payment plan worked out. It was one payment instead of a lot of payments and the interest was lower. I just finished the program and working with them was a smart choice. It relieved a lot of stress because I would not have been able to pay my debts down without it.

Original review: May 26, 2021

When I first contacted Cambridge, the gentleman that I talked to was extremely helpful. He was upfront about everything, told me what they could do, what they couldn't do, and how it all worked. After my husband had his first open-heart surgery, we needed help with debt consolidation. He couldn't go back to work and we were fighting to get his disability. And I got involved with some company that was taking payments and not paying anything. So, I was going through all that with this gentleman at Cambridge that was helping me and he said that he had heard of that but that wasn't something that they were involved in. He said that they would take monthly payments then send monthly payments and make arrangements with all the creditors.

He was amazing. I called him a couple of times with different questions just because I had that person's name and he was always very cordial, easy to talk to, and answered my questions. It was a really good experience for that kind of a situation where you're really needing some help and grieving. The process was so smooth and they took the payments automatically when I would get paid each month. I was so grateful at how well this all worked for me. Then, I retired at the end of December and I used one of my retirement accounts to go ahead and pay off my balance. I also had to buy a vehicle and through all that, they were so great to work with.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Cambridge did an excellent job and they had great customer service. My questions were always answered and I never had a problem.

Original review: May 25, 2021

A friend of mine at church told me about Cambridge and she had good reports, so I decided to talk with them. The enrollment was a very smooth process and the payment plan that they gave me was based on how much I owed. They asked me what was comfortable for me to pay every month and it worked out well. The counselor that I worked with was very professional yet very compassionate. Other people just want to tell you what to do but he was willing to listen to me and guide me on the right path. I was very comfortable working with Cambridge and they consolidated my account together to give me a good rate. I also liked that they represented me with all the companies that I had a card with to get me a good rate. I had 0% with some of them, so it was good to have somebody who knows what they’re doing fight for you.

One of their reps told me that if I don't need a card, I don't have to open a card. They were always patient and and the lady there said that when I was done, I could use that amount that I've been paying to Cambridge all these years as a savings. And I've been trying. Cambridge is more like family because they listen to you and help you out. They always update you and once you have your account number, they always send your statement every month. So you can always log in into your account and it gives a breakdown. And now that I'm done, they sent a whole report from day one of everything that we paid. And they even give you a certificate, so that's cool. All in all, the program has helped me to be mindful of my finances and to be careful about the interest rates.

Original review: May 25, 2021

The rep at Cambridge was good and they handled our affairs. We paid it off and we’re happy.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Cambridge was the easiest company. A lady was helping me and everything was online. The lady would tell me, “I'll send it right now in the email. Read it.” Everything was step-by-step. I liked her attitude. She explained everything and when I asked questions, she was on-point and told me exactly what was going on. If I needed to call or speak with somebody, Cambridge answered.

Cambridge's program worked for me 100%. My credit is getting low right now because I have an issue. My husband and my son had a car accident and the insurance didn't pay. But all my medicals and everything that we put on the account were set up like how the lady told me on the phone. At this point, we’re completely done with all the accounts that we put in there. There were five or six accounts. Overall, my life improved a lot. Now, we got four cards on my credit. I'm trying to get my son-in-law to get involved with Cambridge.

Original review: May 23, 2021

It was an easy process and I felt very comfortable with it. Cambridge never bothered me. I signed up, they took care of it every month, and then it was done. It was a great experience.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information