Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.21/5

Alltran

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

51 Alltran Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This company is a joke! I wish there was an option to give no stars! Your representative is changed multiple times throughout the process. They also come up with scam ideas to tell you you could pay off a majority of your debt if you pay a certain amount at that time. Do not be fooled, even though they claim that they are tape recording your conversation they deny that they ever said anything making your payments lower or coming to a deal. I have no idea what kind of Bozos run this company but it is a disgrace. Rude, unprofessional, immature representatives for this company to handle your collection account.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I know this will be a different kind of review in comparison to the others that have been left. But I figured if someone is in my situation, they should know there's always two sides. When I was a young adult, I received a high credit limit with American Express. Went through a rough break up, holidays crept in, spent a lot of money on ridiculous stuff, charged, charged, charged.

At the beginning of 2017, I fell on difficult times; I was scared and didn't answer American Express when they'd call for payment, so I was sent to collections. When I first received the call from Alltran, I thought it was a scam or just someone trying to steal money that I didn't have. I connected with Steve **, a friendly guy who walked me through the process and made me feel at ease. He verified the amount due, my options, and American Express was actually trying to offer me another credit card (I turned the offer down; credit cards and I were a dangerous combo at the time). He sent the appropriate letters; collection from American Express with my name, account number, amount owed, everything. He didn't pester me with calls while I waited for that letter.

Every month, I received a letter stating they will be taking my payment automatically on the 17th. Nothing besides that monthly payment has ever been removed. The decreasing balance on my closed American Express shows on my credit report. Three years later, I've built myself up financially and will now be able to completely pay off my debt. Mr. ** actually just called to check in and renew my payment plan as we had only set up the payments to be received for 30 months. I guess I've had a totally different experience than most of the people on here. American Express doesn't have a collections department and hires Alltran to collect for them. I know that much is true. But stay cautious too; don't budge until they do their part in proving the debt to be true.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This company continues to harass me constantly, despite the fact that it's an account that I'm making payments on, yet also at the same time they expect me to pay up on a debt that they don't even send me invoices on. Insane!

Original review: May 27, 2019

I have been corresponding with the collection agency handling my student loan named Alltran Education. I have completed each task instructed by first Noah, then Cristina ** in hopes of establishing a repayment plan. I completed a financial disclosure, provided paystubs, and faxed this information multiple times. I requested I letter in writing to include the amount I’m am supposed to pay based on my income and Christina ** told me Alltran Education does not do that. Christina asked me to provide my checking account number and she will then provide me with a letter confirming withdrawal of the amount to be paid.

Alternatively she said I can send a money order to Alltran’s P.O. Box. I explained I’m uncomfortable doing this without a letter proving I have established a repayment plan. She reminded me my wages can be garnished. I asked for my loan to be sent back to The Department of Education and she said to email the request to rehabdocuments@alltraneducation. I did this on Friday 5/17/19. Yesterday, 5/22/19, I spoke with Christina ** and asked if request to send my loan back to The Department of Education and she said yes. Today I called the The Department of Education and I was informed that my request needs to be included in a complaint not by just emailing Alltran as Christina ** has misinformed me.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Alltran received an account after it was 4 years old. Talking to a fair debt attorney I was told that it was too late for the original creditor to file suit to collect the amount. As for Alltran they cannot legally collect the debt. They can threaten you but any calls I receive from them are recorded and logged. Under fair debt law they cannot call a cell phone. Every time they call it cost the consumer money. My fair debt attorney has take the case. I have had 34 calls over the last month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alltran?

Original review: March 14, 2019

When I called the man on the phone was very rude, inconsiderate, and heartless. I simply asked about why my tax refund was completely take. Even though I have been making consistent payments over the past year. He acted as if he was annoyed that I had asked him a question and tried to transfer me to another representative. Horrible customer service, and he spoke to me with such disrespect.

Original review: March 3, 2019

They are horrible. Never followed through with a word they said & write strange letters stating "you are very difficult to reach" when I have been living at the same address for 10 years. I pay them monthly & still have had my SSDI garnished, which they told me my payment plan would prevent. They also do not take out your payments on the date you agree so you the Dept of Education would get my payments late. I have since started paying the Dept of Education directly. The Dept of Education should be ashamed of themselves for hiring an agency that lies & purposely tries to make people default & ruin their credit even more when you do everything you can to prevent that.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Alltran throws completely random numbers on settlements out to you and refuses to tell you how they reached the number while interest compounds daily, apparently just because. To clarify, there are 3 main ways for debt collection agencies to settle: 1. You can pay all your current principal balance, plus accrued, unpaid interest, with any future collection surcharges and fees waived; 2. Pay the total principal with half of your interest balance (the other 50 percent is forgiven); 3. Pay 90 percent of the total principal and balance owed (10 percent discounted). Any number that doesn't fall in line with these three categories of calculations is a sociopath randomly making up a number simply because they have the power to do so, and in essence, stealing money from you.

Bear in mind, comes at no monetary benefit to the person doing it, as they will not directly receive a penny of the amount they overcharge you. To be clear, as long as the total amount does not fall below one of these three amounts the US Department of Education does not directly need approval on it and Alltran Education makes a commission from it.

The number given to me was utterly random, and when I asked for clarification on how the number was reached, was told "the computer system was down," "they are just told the number by the computer," "they'd need to get approval from the US Department of Education" and that "I'd need to call back later" while daily interest was being compounded. I don't know any situation in life where someone hands you a number not based on any mathematical calculation, refuses to explain how the number was reached, and you'd pay. Debt collection for student loans, of course, should be absolutely no different.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This company called my number for my husband and said they were taking him to court over a 250$ loan back in 2014 that we knew nothing about. They just kept saying he owes the debt and he needs to pay or we will have a lawsuit! This is a violation and they need to be held responsible! We know nothing of the debt! There has been no letter or anything but we are going to court! They are liars and need to be dealt with and shut down!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

This company is horrible. They have no type of respect. Extremely rude and harass the hell out of everybody and anybody you know. Cease and desist letters have been sent to them that have also been told to stop calling me and they refuse to. I now have an attorney to pursue a lawsuit against them. If you decide to do the same be sure to keep all correspondence they send you and print out a call log with all the calls from them that will guarantee they stopped calling and harassing.

Alltran Company Information