Professional Financial Services

Wilmington, NC

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I paid my car off early on September 9th and it is now November 14th and I have not received my title to my minivan yet. If it was the other way around they would have called me 10 times a day every day asking for payment or repo it. Their credit as a business should be affected just like mine would have if I was in the wrong!! Don't use this company at all!!!

This has got to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never missed a car payment. I did lose my insurance because I lost my job and was having a hard time finding a new one. PFS raised my payment over two hundred dollars a month. I told them that if I couldn't pay that and that it was hard enough to keep up my car payments. To make a long hellish story short, after I got a job and insurance they came to my home and took my car for not paying over 1200.00 on their insurance (this was right before Christmas). I told them to keep it, that I would file bankruptcy.

Well I was talked into paying over 1000.00 to get the car back and was told then we would start over and that my payments would stay the same. Well this time I have never missed a payment and have kept my insurance AND I STILL GET A NOTICE THAT I'M BEHIND OVER 280.00 DOLLAR!!! At first they said it was because I missed a payment and when I gave them the dates of each payment they said it was because of when I didn't have insurance before they took my car. I feel like they are trying to screw me over. I'm 60 years old, have never see anything like this company.

I owe my car payment. Keep harassing me, my job, my family. They call everyone and tell them I owe over a thousand dollars. They telling my job, my son, my sisters. The point I'm making is they shouldn't be harassing my job or my family. I told them that I will have a payment Wednesday, the 26. I always pay 50$ more when I make my payment and ** is very rude. I care less to talk to her. This the Professional Finance in Concord North 28025 on Church St., suite 50. I'm thinking about returning my car and I'm not the only customer complaining about them.

This is a horrible company. I am warning from personal experience. They operate in manner that shouldn't even be legal. My personal story. They repossessed my car after a little over 30 days late with 6 months payments left on it. Sold it for $3200. The remaining balance with interest was about $2100.00. They filed a lawsuit against me for another $1800 and sent the summons to another state. No notification for any remaining balance was ever sent to any address I had lived in for the last 5 years. In total they took $5000.00 of profit for being just being 30 days past due. This is a warning to others. This company's practices are only legal through technicalities. They are only attempting to exploit people and the more money they can take, the faster they will move to take it. I am amazed that someone hasn't taken legal action against this company.

I have to say that Professional Financial Services is a fair company. I went through a spell where I lost my job and got really behind on my note that when I started working every little payment didn't really seem to make a dent. They worked with me. I was expecting the worst and they really went out of their way to help me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Professional Financial Services?

I was financing a 2005 Scion tC car with this company. They kept on bringing all kind of ridiculous balance amount until I left for basic training. While I was off to basic training I could not make payment, at the same time the law does not let them repo my car. A day to graduation, I had time to spend with family and decided to visit the SC office. There I was able to speak to the branch manager at the IN office and we both agreed that I sign a document giving them the right to take back the car and we will be balanced. After signing the voluntary repo document with the oral agreement of a balanced out account. This company turned around and put $2800 on my credit report as the balance I owe. I am so mad I need advice on how to go about suing this company. Any information will be appreciated.

My son has a truck loan through Professional Finance, haha not professional at all. They call me everyday even though I have told them my son does not live here. They even came to my house. But what really got me is a lady from Georgia posing as a "Detective" calling my phone trying to be hard. It’s like I told her I used to work for a repossession company and I made the same exact phone calls. She was speechless. My son was two weeks late on his payment and they said he was 53 days late. I told them to check again. The Montgomery Al office is a joke and so is "Investigator Martin" from Columbus GA.

The second week after I got my car it broke down so I called the warranty number and it stated on the paper what was covered but it wasn't covered so I paid. That made me late with car payment then the following week car breaks - no coverage. I had this car for 1 year. I can't stand pfs, they are a rip off company.

This is a bad company, don't know how to treat the customer. Come to your house and call for 100.00 you tell you will pay on a certain date but before that date come they calling you about payment. I just don't like their business and they need to be sue, need to go out of business. I wouldn't have my worst enemy to finance a car through them!!!

Do not get a loan with these people. My contract was supposed to be up months ago and I am still paying. We will probably never get the title. They just keep racking up the balance and changing the story every time we talk to them. We work with the branch in Murfreesboro, TN and Matthew ** is verbally abuse and harasses me leaving me in tears every time I talk to him. He has showed up at my home and even claimed to have called my neighbors! He lies and bashes my personal life. These people are scammers and very unprofessional!

My contract for payment on my car ended in November 2013 a 54 month loan from May 2009. I am still making payments and don't know why. I was contacted recently by Kristen in the Wilmington office asking me when would I be able to make the payment. I asked was there a problem and she stated I needed to do so by the end of April. The next day she called again and asked why the payment was not made then when asked to speak to Angie I was transferred to Chuck a manager who told me they would do a write off if I didn't come up with 1091.90. However my contract was up in November. He could not explain to me why I am still paying and said I would have to do a modification and pay until June or else my car would be repossessed and charged off. I am very displeased with this company and would not recommend this company to anyone. The bottom line... they don't want to give me my title.

I looked at a vehicle in Charlotte, NC and provided the company with all the information because they said they had a finance company they dealt with. My credit was not perfect because I had been in an automobile accident and was waiting to settle with the insurance company on medical bills. I picked up the vehicle and was told that the dealership would make some repairs on the car and to call in a week, which I did. Needless to say the dealership refused to make the repairs after I started calling back.

Three weeks after I got the vehicle, the finance company started calling me about a payment. I responded to them that my payment was not even due and I did not even have the tag for the vehicle yet. The finance company called me almost daily for two weeks. The 30-day tag had expired and the dealership still had not sent my tag so I was forced to get a rental vehicle. I refused to make the initial payment until I was sent a tag and did not have to rent a car for transportation. Less than 90 days after I purchased the car, I had to have the transmission replaced. The dealership refused to fix it nor would they assist me in getting it fixed, and they refused to fix the other issues that they had stated they would fix.

I have owned this vehicle for two years and have spent over $7K in auto repairs, transmission, driver side power window, rear boots were busted on the vehicle when I purchased it, oil pressure gauge and fuel level sensor were not working. The only two times I have been late with my payments, they called me daily, called my friends, and when my payment was only two weeks overdue, they mailed me a letter saying I defaulted on my loan and they were going to repossess my vehicle. Yet when you talk to them, they say okay, you let us know you will be making a payment late, but then every day someone else calls you and you have to tell them the same thing every time they call. I made my payment online and they still continued to call. I asked for a payoff amount and was given the run-around. I just want to pay this vehicle off ASAP, get my title and never have to deal with these people again. They are the epitome of harassment, condescending, and arrogant.

Workers at this location are very rude. One lady said to "just bring the vehicle back, because you can't afford it". How rude is that to someone who had suddenly fallen and was put on disability. This same person also proceeded to tell me that I was not at the address they had on file because they had come by looking for me. Not only that, but they will send letters or leave voicemails saying that they can help if behind but when you talk to them, they offer no help at all. There people are a bit on the ridiculous side. They'll ask you a million irrelevant question even after already approved. Avoid these people at all costs!! Not worth the hassle. Am refinancing with another company ASAP!

On 3/16/13 my husband and I attempted to buy a 2008 Saab convertible from Nissan Auto Nation. It was late, however, we were told we were approved by Capital 1 unstructured. We were told that I would receive a call on Monday. The sales manager told me that it was rare that I was approved with an open car loan not requiring a trade. I have an open car loan with GM Financial with a balance of $8,787. I applied for this car with my own Merritt. Not the highest credit score, but I have perfect auto credit (never missing a payment or late in 9 years of car credit). I make an above average salary of $70k plus.

Now that we have covered the facts: I received a call on Monday around 3:59 from Jose from PFS, who started conversation. His first question was, "Why you need a second car?" I wasn't offended by his question, but by the nasty condescending way he asked it. I told him that I sell houses and I currently drive a Hummer and it's a gasser. The second question was, "How much do you pay in rent?" "Nothing," I replied, "My husband pays." He wanted to know how much. I told him I don't know. He replied, "You don't know." Then he went further to ask me the name of my apartment complex, which I provided. His attitude was so nasty I fired back nasty. He finally told me he would let the dealership deal with me.

I know finance companies will ask questions, however, question #1 could have been asked differently. May I ask the need for an additional car? This guy was totally rude. The finale, "I see you got into some credit card trouble." I started to explain my ex-husband married someone with my name. He said these are individual. He didn't listen to the explanation. My ex-husband married someone with my name and I can prove it. I offered to provide a lease agreement showing I am not responsible for the rent. Of course, I was denied because I had an open car loan. The car I was trying to purchase was $12k. They wanted me to trade my Hummer for a car less valued. I feel I wasn't turned down because I couldn't afford the vehicle; I was turned down for other reasons. If this company would play the conversation back, they would be floored by his actions.

My daughter’s car was repossessed from this company. The car loan was about paid off and towards the end they started coming up with all kind of excuses as to why the amount that was owed was not going down at all. It all started when my daughter missed a payment. I got a call from Angie and she said that if I came in with a payment of $64.00, it would take care of that month. But about a week or so later we got a call saying that no payment had been made on the account and that we were in default. The bad thing about this is that they waited 3 months to say anything about a missed payment even though we were still making payments.

Most companies apply what ever payment you have missed to the month that was missed but they did not. They had 4 different people call and none of them communicated with the other because they all told me different things. When I would say what one had told me they acted like they knew nothing about it. It got so bad until they started calling her friends and relatives telling them all of her business and they in turn call her mother and me and tell us what those people had told them. They even had people calling us posing as private detectives even though they weren't.

So finally I told them I would just pay them what they said we owed. That's when Angie said that by the time I got the payment to them and that it would be too late and they would have the car picked up before then and that we would not be able to get it back. Since they picked up the car in November we have been trying to get it back or find out what happened to it, but they will not answer us back. They talked to several other people and they have had similar problems with them and even the sales rep at the dealership from where the car was purchase has said they will no longer use them because of complaints that were brought to their attention.

I have spent over $18,000 on that car just to have it all taken away over by these scam artists. I will not stop until something is done to stop them from doing this to anyone else. I would like to sue them if possible. They even had people calling us and family members and friends all the way from Florida and Georgia posing as detectives. All they have done is tell lie after lie. We had just had some work done to the car plus new brakes and tires. We had no idea they were trying to take it from us like they did. Well, the credit reports are ruined and I am out of over $18,000 and having to start over buying another car for her transportation to and from work. Very embarrassing to get calls at your place of employment. To have them call your friends and family members is totally uncalled for. They have no right to tell your personal business.

Professional Financial Services Company Profile