2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Wilmington, NC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

Professional Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Professional Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Professional Financial Services?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I realize I am just a number, a debit or a credit in an accounting ledger. I also realize that common sense is just not that common anymore. At the same time there is a understood level of professionalism that is common to all companies. ESPECIALLY if that is part of your companies name. I was unemployed and I fell behind a payment. Nothing I could do. I stretched my savings as far as it would go. If I could make a payment I would not have fallen behind. I called and left message after message, with no return phone call. The one time I did get them on the phone and asked them about the messages, they put me on HOLD so they could check the messages. I bought the truck 3 years ago. I still owe more than it's worth.

They attempted to repossess my truck the other week. Only reason they didn't get it is because I ran from the tow truck. Normally, most places would send a letter to let you know they are about to repossess the vehicle if you don't make a payment. Their people don't have that common courtesy. I called them again Monday. Asked them to call me. It's Friday. No one has called. Maybe they haven't figured out how to listen to the messages. This place is the corporate version of smiling in your face and stabbing you in the back. For anyone that is thinking about using this company, go somewhere else. Find a better place.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I bought a car 5 1/2 years ago for $14 k, here we are almost 6 years later and I still owe $8k. Something is seriously wrong with this scenario. I know a few times my personal auto insurance lapsed and PFS tacked on an additional $1000 which made my car payment go up. I asked my bank about this practice and they stated this is not a normal thing to do. I can't even trade in the vehicle because it is worth $7k less than what is owed. Something is very wrong and even if my interest rate was high, I've technically paid the car off twice. I need to investigate further as to what is really going on with the price gouging with this organization.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Pfs helped me when no other finance company would. I did have to pay a large down payment but that’s what happens when you don’t have good credit. They gave me a chance and 5 years later my 25k vehicle is paid off and I never had an issue, I paid my payments on time and it went smoothly! Thank you Professional Finance Service!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have almost paid off my car and I have not been able to make full car payments because I don't make the money I made when I first got my car 4 years ago. Now I only probably owe $4000 dollars and they now they have put the REPO man out to get my car. I have paid over $15000 on this car and they are trying to take my car. WHAT THE **. Don't go to them please.... This is crazy. I KNOW MY CAR HAS BEEN PAID OFF BY NOW. THE EXTRA CHARGES IT'S JUST LATE FEES AND INSURANCE.... HELP ANY ATTORNEYS!!!!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I’ve been with this company since 2016 and I have been having issues since day 1. My initial payment was $350 monthly, they repeatedly stated that I had lack of insurance. Every time I turn around it’s going up. I never had a lack of insurance then you call the office they are extremely unprofessional, wanna get loud and wanna over talk me. Now my payment is 595.10. I’m telling you they are crooks. Never again. I have another company I been with. I should’ve stuck with them. I never had a problem with them but these people they are not worth it.

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL TAKE ALL THAT YOU HAVE AND THEN SOME. They add all these interest etc. My car was on only 10.000 and they just keeps adding money on top and you have insurance. You will be paying your car forever with these folks. Leave while you can. I never heard of you making your payments instead of going down they go up???? Never again will I deal with these folks.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had a car financed through this company since April 2016. At the time of purchase car loan was 7000.00. Now that I have been making my payments the car loan is at 9000.00. I don’t understand this at all. I got the car to build my credit haven’t been reporting because of an system update that has being going on since 2016. I was on maternity leave from work from Sept 2017 - Jan 2018.

I still made my car payments but I let insurance go (November 2018) because I couldn’t handle it until I went back to work. I got insurance back Jan 2019. They put insurance on my car for the month of Jan but want me to pay for insurance since Sept. I’ve asked for my original copy of my auto loan and have yet to receive it. They are rude not professional and don’t conduct business how they should. They give you a 10 day grace period from the day you payment is due but call your family, job and harass you and tell your personal information. DO NOT GO THROUGH THEM. I have an attorney on this case now.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was fearful to contact the office due to so many negative reviews about other locations. However, my concerns were met with understanding and a willingness to help from the manager, Marla at the Lexington KY office. I so appreciate her understanding of the situation and can’t say enough good about her.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I contacted this company on May 29, 2018 at 152 pm. I wanted to know what information I would need to provide because my son has a loan with them and he passed away on May 20 2018. His tone of voice was unpleasant. He made me feel very uncomfortable. His reply to my question was, "What do you want." I repeated my question again. Told him if he need a payment he will not get. My son is deceased and if he comes looking for it the girlfriend has the car. I would need to bring in something showing power of attorney and the car would have to be turned over to them. I did informed him no pier of attorney but I'm the beneficiary. I would suggest to anyone do not visit them for any personal loan. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Very unprofessional and rude, calling all my contacts and telling them confidential information like how much money I owe, and degrading me, then gets loud with me because I was behind on payment. Also I bought my 05 Mustang for $5500 and I gave $3000 down which leaves $2500 being financed... Well 3 months after I got the car my paperwork comes In the mail and it states that I owe $8900. How? And my payments have been stuck around $4000 forever. I'm hoping they don't try some slick ** and come get my car when I almost get it paid off... Place sucks. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My son bought his car to build credit. I cosigned. We were told that the company reports to all three major credit bureaus. The account is over a year old, and no reporting shows up on either my son's credit report or mine. When I called today, I was told, "first of all, we report only to two bureaus - Equifax and TransUnion." Then I was told that the company has been undergoing a "systems update" since August of 2016, and the account will report to Equifax and TransUnion once the update has been implemented. I was told the update is being initiated in a "phased approach," and that, even if the account is paid when the update is completed, the information will be reported. I was also told that there is no projected completion date for the update.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a "systems update" that takes over 16 months. Maybe they need a new IT department? I consider this unacceptable, since people like my son use this type of financing to build credit and, although he has made all of his payments on time over the past 14 months, he still has not built credit. Honestly, if the company cannot even give a projected date for the completion of this "systems update," I'm not terribly confident that it will ever happen.

Professional Financial Services Company Information