Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I signed up in a hurry to get a fast credit report! MISTAKE!! Immediately after doing it and realizing that there was no way to delete my card info or to cancel the subscription without calling, I knew something was up. I haven't even had the account for 30 minutes and already have multiple charges. I'm terrified because I gave them my SS# over the phone and finally hung up whenever they started asking for my debit card number over the phone and personal questions. Unfortunately my bank just closed for the day! I need to get up there first thing in the morning and hope they haven't cleaned me out. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I can confirm that this site is as bad as the other poor reviews. I got online and created my $1 trial account because we had an emergency need to verify some credit information. I was aware it was a trial. When I first logged in and got my score, I looked for the easy way to cancel the trial. I emailed the company hoping to get some direction on this but never received a response. There is no instruction on the site under your profile or Membership on how to cancel. I eventually was charged the monthly fee and complained instantly. The company refused to do anything about it and kept telling me the membership profile indicated to contact them to cancel, yet it does not.

On 1/7/16 I attempted to get free credit report as advertised. Upon completing all necessary sign in options for Your PLUS Score and answering all questions for identity check, I then received error that they could not process my request. I checked my email and did receive 2 emails one from Experian and one from FreeCreditScore (1 minute apart). 1 that account was updated and 1 with a thank you for ordering PLUS Score. I attempted to login and received the message that had invalid credentials. I then called 1-877-284-7942 and the rep indicated that the system was updating and I should receive an email with more login information. He also reset my password and that I would also get an email with temporary password.

After a few minutes I did receive the email with temporary password. I then attempted to login and received the same error with credentials. Clicked on the NEED HELP SIGNING IN? for further assistance and now system shows that I do not exist on their system. Called again and rep this time told me to go through EXPERIAN site and I will need a credit card for $1 charge and I will get a free credit score and report. I then said "no thank you" and hanged up. Wow this is really a scam! I a wondering why the FEDS are not taking any action on this.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! I followed the large blue buttons and the misleading marketing that says FREE CREDIT SCORE and even the false advertising of I agreed to pay $1 to get my credit report and credit score and sure enough, 8-days later I get a $21.95 charge on my debit card that they refuse to reimburse. Of course, I now see that in TINY writing, it says on the website "you have a free 7-day membership and you must call back to cancel within 7 days or you will be billed."

Of course the text is extremely tiny and there are GIANT BLUE and ORANGE BUTTONS that say FREE and ONLY $1. Not to mention the site is called "" Someone should start a huge class action lawsuit against this company. Talk about false and misleading marketing to steal $22 in 8 days from anyone who wants a "free score." They refuse to give you your money back even if you immediately call to fix it. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. I would much rather them just say "it costs you $20 to get a credit report." At least that way they aren't misleading you.

I went on the site and did not confirm pay. I didn't even get pass to put my social security number in and they went into my account twice for two months. I called for a refund for my money. And they told me 5-7 days. It's been two weeks now. I am on the phone trying to get in contact with a manager and the manager always at a meeting. Then they claim they couldn't find me in the system. I will be taking them to court. I don't like ** like this. They work for plenty of companies. I am beyond pissed. Then the guy told me I was denied then he lied and said they couldn't find me by my name. They just go in your ** and take your money. I really am very mad and I'm still on hold even after 20:00 minutes. How can I get in touch with someone on a higher ground???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

** this stupid ** website! And ** all the ignorant ** employees that work there. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS ** FRAUDULENT WEBSITE. Doesn't work. Also will not refund you ever. I asked for a refund. They told me 7-10 business days. I called after 14 days after and they said it was just deposited, it should clear in 3-5 business days. It's been 6 ** days still nothing. ** this company with a passion. ** everything they stand for. I'm So pissed the ** off that they ** the ** out of me and gave me the run around. I hope that company goes out of business and all the employees lose their ** jobs. I wish this company worst ever.

Absolutely horrible. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. My credit card info was stolen and used the very next day with a $281.81 charge to some phony company called Defense Solutions gRoup. I have cancelled the free subscription and my credit card, so they won't be getting any fees. I've also contacted them and will file a report with the FBI. These guys are flat out crooks. NOTE: I have enclosed a screenshot of the charges including the fraudulent charge.

All of these "free" credit score sites are the same. You try to view your free score, and before you know it, not only did you pay 40 dollars to view your scores, but you are also signed up for their "monitoring". Page is very misleading when attempting to view your free score (I ended up paying for it and didn't even realize it until it was too late. They put up big buttons "CLICK HERE FOR YOUR SCORE" which is your detail credit report that you pay for, and hide the links for free scores). You are then automatically enrolled in their monitoring service. Which you can ONLY CANCEL BY CALLING. This should be illegal.

So I can sign up no hassle on your website, but to cancel I have to call in? I have been trying to call and cancel for the past hour now, but their phone lines are so busy (most likely with people like me) that it HANGS UP ON ME. The system doesn't even give me the option to wait, it just says "call volumes are high, try again later *click*". So how am I suppose to cancel? I am appalled at this type of behavior. If you can sign up online, you should be able to cancel online. Instead I am trapped. God help you if you try to use this "service" for anything.

I started with free credit score about 5 or 6 years ago. I started with the "free trial" which quickly turned into a charge on my debit card. I called to cancel and they would not give me back my money even though I called within the 30-day limit. They talked me into a monthly rate of 7.97 which I thought was ok. So even though they were dishonest, I wanted the score because I was working on my credit so I said yes.

In the last 5 years, I never received an e-mail notifying me of my monthly statement even in spam. I called them several times and they said they had fixed it but it never got fixed. I finally started just going on Google and finding the website. Even then I did not cancel. In November I got a charge of 14.95 on my debit card. I changed my card number on the account so they could not charge me anymore because I knew that they would take at least 2 months to stop taking the money out of my account.

Finally, I found some recent e-mails in my promotions portion on Gmail - they were all threatening me and accusing me of defaulting on my account. When I wrote back and told them what happened and why I did it, they wrote back; did not address the problem at all and said that my free trial had expired - a free trial that had lasted 6 years!!! I was a really good customer to them, cannot understand this treatment at all, a polite e-mail to tell me the rate was going up or anything at all would have put me in a better frame of mind to keep business with them - 6 years!!

Had trouble logging into my account. I called customer service and was on hold for over 16 minutes. I worked with a rep via phone and had to repeat my information to him several times only to have him enter in my data incorrectly each time. After 25 minutes and speaking to his supervisor the matter was resolved.

This company offers to cancel anytime but when I called I was left on hold for over 20 minutes and no one ever answered. This was during their posted hours (Saturday afternoon). They obviously want to make cancellation very difficult if not impossible. Now I will have to call my bank and tell them the charges from this company are fraudulent.

The name is an outright lie. I was charged $32.95 to get my three "free" credit scores. Then they only provided two, Experian and the Bureau. I also read the small print that by signing in I was automatically subscribed to a $9.99/month fee unless I canceled within 7 days. I cancelled THE SAME DAY (spoke with "Vin" at their call-in number) and asked him to send me written acknowledgement of the cancellation. I have not rec'd it yet. We'll see if they honor it or try to still charge me fraudulently. These people are crooks and should not be in business and now I am nervous that they have all my personal information. Who knows who they're selling to.

This company has been fraudulently charges my bank account for the past three years - under three different names. After a free credit report they began charging me monthly fees for credit counseling? I have no credit whatsoever and have a 0 on my credit report history. I tried calling numerous times and have gotten transferred, hung up on, put on hold forever with no one coming back on the phone and when I did talk to a "supervisor" they told me they could only refund 3 months of charges. When they first started charging me, it was for $ 9.95 then the charge went up to $29.95. When I told them that I had bank statements proving that they charged me, they told me their computer did not show those charges, then they told me that their computer screen showed I had called 6 times when in actuality I had called 2 times but had been transferred again to another customer service agent.

When I gave the names and dates of the people I spoke with and their agent numbers they told me I had not talked to those people because they did not have record of those calls. I am a single mother that works very hard for the money that they have stolen . When I researched other complaints - they all same the same thing- FRAUD!!! How can this company continue to charge innocent people and get away with it? I am appalled that they are still in business ripping people off. The charges are hidden with different names and when I asked about that, one of the agents told me on accident that he had worked in the fraudulent charges department and knows that this is frustrating. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!

The call began because I was having issues logging in. I followed the prescribed text and answered all the questions, changed my password and got to my report. Then I clicked on a link and it prompted me to login again. Then the password would not work again. I called. After many 'robotic' prompts, I finally reached a person. He asked provide your membership ID or SSN. I had membership ID. Then asked the relevant questions about me which could be used anywhere now to say you are me. I had a sense something was not right and asked, "Is this in the US?" He danced around it, then told me, "The Philippines." My sensitive information outside the US, I can't believe it. I cancelled the account and asked, "My information will be deleted from your system?" "Your account has been cancelled." Three times back and forth, no your information will not be deleted. Hackers everywhere and they ship my credit out of the country. I can't believe it.

Put in my credit card info to check my score. Once I checked the score, I called in immediately to cancel and was told they cancelled my account. I just checked my banking records and they have continued to bill me saying I never cancelled and my money is nonrefundable. Do not do business with this company! They were very rude and it was my problem, not theirs. Use anyone but this company!

From all of the complaints on here about this company, why isn't something done about it? At least by reading the reviews it saved me from the hassle as I was going to try and get my score for the $1 they advertise, but no thank you. Surely, this many people with same problem are not making this up. WHO DO YOU CONTACT AND WHY ISN'T SOMEONE MONITORING COMPANIES LIKE THIS????

I was trying to get my free credit score. I had gotten one last year without any problem, canceled in time, no charge. Today I put my information in and the original report for credit score did not automatically come up. The button I clicked said, "Get your report here." By mistake I clicked the wrong button and was charged an additional $39.95 for a 3 bureau credit report. I immediately called and was told there was no trial period on this charge that they would give me a $7 discount, spoke to Jenny. I had not seen any reports and I was being charged $32.95 with $17.99 to follow if I didn't cancel in time. That is $50.94 with not even a glimpse of a report.

I was on the phone 45 minutes. Asked where they were located? The Philippines. Why would another country have access to US citizens' credit records? I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. Finally Liz came on. She said I could get a refund as a courtesy. That the charge had not "pushed" through yet and it would take 7 to 10 business days for my refund. I told her that was wrong that I had not even gotten anything to be charged for. Then I asked her where she was located? Liz said the central USA. I said what state? She said she couldn't give me that information for security reasons. I asked her for her last name? She said she couldn't give me that information for security reasons. I said, "You have all of my information." This is a scam and they ripped me off. I cancelled the free credit score so I wouldn't get charged $17.99. They are taking my money and holding it and I have not received anything but aggravation. This is not right.

Please learn from my horrible experience and beware of or (both run by the same company, Experian):

I signed up for a "Free" 7 day trial on I cancelled my free 7 day trial on the morning of the 7th day by calling their Customer Service number at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time . The call center rep reassured me they would not charge my card because I cancelled on the 7th day. But later that evening when I checked my bank account, I discovered I had been charged $17.99 by them. I immediately called to find out why and to get a refund. I ended up having to speak to a supervisor. She said the 7th day is actually the 8th day. That Friday to Friday is not 7 days, but 8. I've never had such a terrible experience and spoken to in such a condescending manner.

I've done free trials before with other companies, cancelled on the last day of the free trial and never got charged. I feel like I got deceived twice. The first time when I signed up for the free trial. They should make it CLEAR that they count the number of days differently from most other people in the world and that the 7th day is actually the 8th day and that you should cancel on the 6th day or before to avoid charges. Second time when the call center rep told me that they would not charge my card when I called to cancel. They are going to issue me a refund, but now I have to wait 7-10 days before I see the credit back to my account. This is a huge inconvenience for me and I should not be penalized for their deceptive practices and mistakes.

Suggested Solutions: 1. They need to have a very clear and UPFRONT statement of their policy regarding free trial time periods. For example: That they don't consider Friday to a Friday 7 days, but rather it's 8 days under their policy. This will help potential customers understand that if they wish to cancel the free trial, they should do so by such-and-such date to avoid charges.

2. The call center reps should be trained thoroughly about this time period policy so they don't end up mistakenly deceiving customers. 3. Call center reps and supervisors should not talk to customers in a condescending manner. Yes, I know how to count, I know how to read a calendar. I do not need an education from you about how to do that.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB and have tried to post warnings/reviews on other sites. Upon reading many other reviews of this company, I've learned that they have deceived many many customers and even continue to charge customers for months after they've cancelled. I just hope I don't continue to be charged too. What a horrible, horrible company. I hope that others will see this review and hopefully it can help people avoid this company like the plague.

7.47 is acceptable, but when you don't pay for a month or two they still charge you when you don't have access for those one or two months. They do send updates and alerts to your email, to get you to reactivate your account. But when you have had them for more than two years, and YOU KNOW that your credit has been updated or gone up or down in scoring points and the report STAYED EXACTLY THE SAME except for showing monthly payments darkened in the Experian (their Filipino company call center). And they did NOT credit me for those two months for NO CHANGE in status or anything since they seem to miss or not update certain items on the report. They constantly want you to update to a 3 credit report. AND, last but not least... when you see something not correct on your report, you do a DISPUTE and then finding out after the outcome within thirty days, EXPERIAN tells you that this is not the case and is resolved. "The info we input was uncorrectable." Learning that the FREECREDITSCORE REPORT was half ass. NOT updated in full like it’s bigger brother EXPERIAN itself. Embarrassing.

I signed up for this "free" trial and was only given my score so I decided to cancel. Had to Google how to cancel because no information was given. It said the best way to cancel was by email so I filled out a small questionnaire about being dissatisfied with the site and requested a cancel of membership on Nov. 13th. The very next day, I received this: "Roxanne, Nov 13 09:03 (PST). PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN ITS ENTIRETY. The Credit Report Card account at associated with has been closed per your request." Now on the 19th, I was charged for the membership! When I called and claimed no email was received or sent and my account was not closed. When I got mad and read the email to them, they said I needed to call and verify my information and could not cancel by email. WTF, then why does it say canceled? Finally got my money back 10 days later. Very shady company. Not trustworthy. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

I wanted to see what my credit report since Credit Keeper was my credit report service and they shut down. I created my account on and agreed to the $1 fee. The next screen asked me if I wanted to see all three of my credit reports but didn't say anything about charging me an additional $32.95 which I noticed was charged on my bank account. I called to discuss this with's customer service department and they said I agreed to any fees with my membership, but they could cancel the account that was created and refund me the $1 fee, not the 32.95. If you are looking for a credit report site, I say be wary of this one as they do not tell you about fees they are charging. Never again will my browser darken the website.

I had this service for several months. Logging into the site was a nightmare. After forgetting my password, I filled out the questionnaire to have it reset. After doing this multiple times without success, I called the company and was told that while one of the security questions requested mother's maiden name, it was actually looking for a PIN number. So a few months later, I logged in to discontinue the service as I wasn't using it. I had written down my username and password but still was unsuccessful in logging in. I went through the same process of trying to get my password reset and filling in my mother's maiden name (having forgotten about needing to use a PIN instead of the requested mother's maiden name).

Rather than tell me I had used incorrect information, it kept telling me that the website I was looking for I kept getting an error saying, "We're sorry, we can't find that page". Eventually I remembered the PIN issue and typed it into the "mother's maiden name" spot and was able to reset my password and access my account. After searching the site for several minutes for a way to discontinue my subscription, I finally found a place where it gave a phone number to call (you cannot cancel it on the site because they want the opportunity to tell you why you shouldn't cancel).

When I called, the customer service rep barely spoke English. She kept trying to explain to me why I needed the service. She offered to lower the price to $8 per month. I kept telling her I didn't want the service and would ask what I needed to do to cancel it and she would say "I can help you do that." And then she'd launch into another explanation about why I really needed to keep it. After several frustrating moments of this, I finally said,"I don't want this service at $17 or $8 or $2 or $.50 or even for free. PLEASE tell me what I need to do to cancel this service." She made a few more attempts to change my mind and finally gave up. I received an email telling me I would not be billed again. We'll see what happens...

I never even completed the sign up process and two months later, they bill me for $29.90. They offered me one month refund. They even admitted over the phone just now that I was supposed to call to verify my identity since there were discrepancies in my answers when I began the sign up process. They couldn't confirm that it was me, yet they were billing me for access to my credit report? Now that is scary - huge security risk.

This company is a complete scam. I signed up for the 7-days trial on May 24th. When I signed up that day, it let me see my score and everything, but the next days after that, it would not let me log in at all. Every time I tried logging in, it would say my password and username was incorrect. So I clicked the option to get a temporary password where I had to enter my name, birthday, and the last 4 digits of my SSN. I entered all that in and it kept saying it didn't recognize me.

So today, May 31, I called customer service and told them I would like to cancel my account. The customer service agent suggested I keep using their service because my card had already been charged for the month and that he would send me a temporary password with my username. So I agreed. I used the temporary password he gave and it still WOULD NOT WORK. It said once again it was incorrect. I typed the temporary password exactly as it was sent to me. I tried several times before I called customer service again.

I called customer service again and another agent sent me a temporary password and I explained the problem to him. He suggested I typed in using internet explorer instead of Google Chrome so I did, and it STILL WOULD NOT WORK. I asked was it possible to get a refund because I was charged for something I've never gotten a chance to use because of this scam they have going! He basically told me it's a technical problem and someone else will call me tomorrow, and that I will be billed June 30th for next payment. I'm beyond pissed. I've never had this problem with signing up for a free trial and not being able to use it and still getting charged. Never sign up with unprofessional scam.

This place is a complete joke. I canceled on the 6th day but they were saying that it was the 7th day and that I had to cancel it at the end of the 6th day even though the marketing said 7-day free trial. They were saying that my account was opened on May 1st but I have the email that was sent right after I signed up that clearly said May 2nd. They said that this is not true and that my email date must be wrong! They charged me on the same day that I canceled! This place is ridiculous and somehow someway, something needs to be done about this ridiculous unprofessionalism. They were rude and refused to give me a refund.

I signed up for the free 7-day trial but they don't tell you that the free 7-day trial is actually only 6 days. Do not use this company! They are not honest!

Do not use! Plain and simple, they are scam artists and deceitful. I signed up for the free "week" and called to cancel on the 7th day and was told I wouldn't be charged but on the 8th day, I was charged! And how is a charge non-refundable? Free Credit Score sucks!

Free Credit Score, shame on you for advertising that you provide free credit reports. I got an unexpected charge of $14.99 on my credit card and after my dispute, they refused to give me the money back. Don't sign up with them. False advertising.

I requested my credit report and was asked if I wanted my credit score for $14.95 and I could cancel in 7 days. I got the score and canceled the membership thinking that I was not going to be charged. I got a bill for $32.95 and was told when I called that I was being charged for all three credit reports and scores (I only received the one for Experian). I requested the other reports. I have to pay my credit card, but it is not free and they should not advertise it as such.

Over 8 months ago, I ordered copies of our credit reports. I did not sign up for monthly monitoring. In January, we suddenly had 2 charges on our bank account for $12.85 and $13.76. The end of February, we received emails providing us with Member ID #'s and a link to follow to confirm (shows an order ID #) for the purpose of receiving emails. I've called and argued because we did not order anything from them or sign up for their monthly monitoring and certainly did not authorize any payments to be electronically processed. They finally cancelled the "membership" on March 5th but ignored requests to refund the monies they stole.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→ is owned and operated by Experian and a member of family. The company offers membership services to help consumers maintain good credit.

• Free: Consumers receive a completely free Experian credit report and FICO score.
  • Experian Credit Tracker: This membership includes unlimited access to the consumer’s Experian credit report, daily credit monitoring and alerts, bi-monthly score monitoring and alerts, a credit score simulator, $50,000 product guarantee, ChildSecure and CardSafe programs.
  • Fraud resolution: If the consumer discovers suspicious credit activity, FreeCreditScore helps resolve the problems with their trained Fraud Resolution Specialists.
  • Alerts and credit monitoring: The company regularly scans the consumer’s credit reports and alerts the customer to suspicious activity and potential errors.
  • Trusted: Under the well-regarded Experian umbrella - one of the main credit bureaus - lenders often look to the Experian companies for trusted consumer credit related information.
  • Best for Consumers with poor credit.

Compare Credit Report Sites Company Profile